• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Graded [Flokius Town][World] - Keep Talking and No One Suffocates

Novama

One Thousand Club
Mentions: EMIYAman EMIYAman conman2163 conman2163 Honorable Sacred Mountain Honorable Sacred Mountain Faynorae Faynorae Speed Speed
OOC: Welcome to worlds. We will be keep a 3 day post frequency per round. Means you'll need to try and squeeze a post in per 72 hour period. This rp will require no combat. Those that engage in combat will do so on their own motivations. Death and character injury are still possible and realistic outcomes for this roleplay. Ask any and all questions. At present it is a free for all as far as who posts when so long as it is done within the next 72 hours. Every action Ingenium and his team take will get them closer to achieving their goal assuming they overcome any setbacks. Any action taken by the invaders will be deemed a hinderance to the project. Rp Ends by the end of the month, Saboteurs are routed, or Package is finished being developed and delivered. I repeat: ask any and all questions.
Time: 1:00pm
Weather: cool sun, blue sky, slight cool breeze, getting chilly in the shade
Cooldown:
TLDR:
Post Listening:

Flokius of Western Empire

3b74aee9bcda0a28df7f380113f671ba--anime-manga-medieval.jpg

This Chapter of Isekai Hell is party of the 3 part World Rp for October. The Fae See nation and the Human Eastern Empire are in a cold war of sorts and tensions are rising. The community has been given the power to shape how the conflict, if any, arises and shapes the world of IH. This particular story will follow Ingenium, construct and builder, after he was secured by the Empire's bladerunners and given an altimatum: make cool stuff for us or be decommissioned. Under these circumstances, Ingenium has been churning out inventions for the empire of varying uses. The latest job is to build a counter to the Fae's tendency to swallow their warmachines whole into the earth. The final design should be a creation capable of retrieving lost machines and making them functional again as necessary. By itself, not a particularly daunting task. The Empire has given Ingenium sufficient resources, both materials and manpower, as well as the facilities in which to create such devices. Current location is the south west town of Flokius, just south of the western border's hill country. Construct Helper's A - C mill about stupidly until given a command which they execute with sufficient proficiency. The pressure to successfully complete the job has been increased as no successful war effort has a chance without a sufficient number of counter measures developed. Any failure will be deemed a construct malfunction worthy of decommissioning.

Helpers

5tx4d6yr47g01.jpg

Meanwhile, a team of saboteurs made up of Retili, Doom, Ophenia, and Alex remain, as of yet, undiscovered in the pine, spruce forests covering the slopes around the elevated town of Flokius. They were contracted by the See to stir up trouble for the Empire to slow or prevent their growing war efforts. Latest tip was that the empire was funneling a lot of resources and talent into the town of Flokius. They would have to come up with methods to hinder the Empire's efforts while avoiding any direct confrontations. If they were engaged by the empire's finest by getting too close or involved in the empire's efforts, they would quickly learn a swift and potentially life long lesson.

The rp will revolve around the builders attempting to make something and get it to those that need it while also working within the constraints and/or risks of saboteur influence. The saboteur's have the job of preventing or significantly delaying delivery of the solution currently in development while avoiding actions that will get them killed in the process or require their immediately evacuation to avoid an international incident.

HD-wallpaper-taiga-art-scenery-landscapes.jpg

Ingenium

__mani_of_machine_elona_drawn_by_harusame_rueken__sample-f38105d02c9b6c9b08b947f32b5c3bb2.jpg
A Construct stood over a wide workbench with various blue prints atop it. Relatively captured, yet content Ingenium labored for the Empire. Having been separated by Zeke and his crew in between jobs, he was found by Imperial Bladerunners. The Construct had heard brief utterings; a stirring war between the "See" and the "Empire" names he had not known much of till recently. He grabbed a seemingly random blueprint bringing it to his face and scanning through it rapidly. The prints weren't literally blue, but they functioned the exact same as the titular namesake. Producing a pen from the fold of his cloak he jotted down the designs particular dimensions. Having just calculated the numbers. Despite his status as essentially a prisoner and indentured servant for the Empire Ingenium was not worried nor unhappy. He was content in fact. The feeling regarding "rogue" Constructs as they had referred to him, was not one he had known. There appeared to be some hate and fear for them and in particular himself. It was something that may come to get in the way of his creations in the future. But as they had captured him to do the very thing he desired there was little present issue. Being decommissioned was quite unacceptable, but so long as he built what they asked he would continue to operate.

Within the Empire town of Flokius in a workshop of sorts. Ingenium and his provided "helpers" toiled away in preparation.

"Lambda, collect the metal we have available in these dimensions..." He flashed the print to the Helper next to him pointing to the sizes indicated with his pen. "and arrange them by tensile strength." The Helpers the Empire had provided were something they had dubbed as "magitech". Once again the term was alien to Ingenium, but he understood its meaning well enough. Having machines which operated on both familiar and unfamiliar laws was something of a bother to Ingenium. Just looking at them aroused complicated feelings in him he could only approximate as "restlessness". The Construct would sooner take them apart and study their inner workings than use them, but he would have to shelve that for the time. "Delta bring me the Electrodes I labeled '7018'. Handle them softly the flux coating is brittle and I am unable to replicate them efficiently." Lambda and Delta went about their orders while the last followed behind Ingenium. While the Helpers were curious things to Ingenium he had seen fit to name them. They had the spirit of a proper machine, he could feel that. Though he did not understand them, he could still utilize their abilities. He could get used to the assistance.

He once again brought up a print and examined it. Based on the specification by the Empire they would need a machine capable of retrieval and repair of other units, enhanced maneuverability in subterranean environments, and capable of defending itself if need be. Some weapons systems would be required. All the while he would need to make it mass producible. The Empire had not necessarily asked this of him, but even Ingenium had standards when it came to something like this. His mind raced with various design options the chief among them being a drill implement. At first he had considered something bipedal, but for swift movement through the ground and rapid response. A more streamlined design would be necessary. "An opportunity for Biomimetics. If the structure resembles that of a worm..." He muttered to himself as he set upon his work.

Last edited:
LOVEOPHENIA.png
OPERATION ~ LOVE AND PEACELetsSing.png
Today... Hm. Today is such a lovely day. The sun was nice, with a gentle wind, azure sky, and the fragrance of the forest. What a wonderful day it would be to hold a concert! Ophenia would think to herself as she cheerfully walked along the road. With... People she didn't know the names of. Again. It seemed like it became common for the girl to be in situations where she didn't actually know any of the people she was with. On the other hand, this was once more another chance to make new friends! "Ah!" Ophenia randomly exclaimed out of nowhere, "But I have to focus on the task at hand...Hmmm... Maybe I can multitask?" Ophenia would musingly murmur to herself as she'd momentarily stopped walking. Ophenia and her potentially new friends were 'hired' by the Fae See to cause disturbance to potentially thwart the Empire's efforts to go to war.

Ophenia didn't truly understand what war actually was, but she knew it was a terrible thing! Corruption! And as a fellow fae and chanteuse of peace, it was Ophenia's duty to help in any way she could! Flokius was the place they were told to be headed. Truthfully, Ophenia had never been to or heard of anything much about the Eastern Empire. She actually didn't even know it existed up until now due to her inherent lack of education. Though, she was sure it would be fine! Her lack of understanding of things hadn't harmed her in the past!... Yet it did harm others.

Thinking about something else now, She was unsure about the current situation. Her 'team' hadn't discussed much planning. So now was a great time to introduce each other and stir up a recipe as they made their way to their destination! Ophenia turned to her fellow comrades, "While we move forth, I think it's about time this silence ends!" The fae brightly clapped her hands, with a chipper smile on her face. "First! We should know each other's names! And that requires an introduction!" Ophenia stated with an excitable tone, it was... kind of an excuse. "I'll go first, as I am the cutest girl here!" Ophenia proudly claimed, before twirling around. Once she made a full revolution, she'd pose. putting her right hand on her hip and raising her right hand in front of her eye and slightly raising her right leg. "Tada~ ♪ It is the one and the only, the sweetest and most lovely star, "Du Couer Pur" as the namesake given not by me, Ophenia~ ", The fae would wink after bringing both her hands to her chest, creating a heart-like hand gesture.

"I am a songstress who sings love to the world, aiming to heal the hearts of all who wish to listen! It is so wonderful to meet you all~ !" Ophenia would say, clasping together her hands and warmly smiling. "Oh! And once we are done with our introductions, we should discuss our plan! Ah! And we should make haste! It is always great to be swift!" Ophenia suggested. She hoped her earlier introduction would help brighten the quiet mood. Or perhaps these people enjoyed the quiet? Nonsense! Noise is a wonderful thing!

"Oh! And my friend, Finn, told me that I should tell people what I can do beforehand and then we can better plan out!... uh, things?" Ophenia would state, before taking a deep breath, as she looked to her fingers and began counting down the things she could do. "Okay so! I can sing really well, I can shout very loudly, I can call aid from The Winds, I can heal the mind, I can heal the body, I can create illusions, I'm really good at cognitive empathy, and... did I mention that most of my spells are vocal?" Ophenia would count up to eight fingers, before waving her hands, and looking back to everyone else and clapping her hands once more, "Ah, whatever! Enough about me, we should all know more about each other instead! Then, we should focus on completing our mission!" Ophenia would excitedly say with a bubbly smile.

Tl;dr/Summary:
Ophenia cheerfully introduces herself, asks others to do the same, suggests they move swiftly, asks them to discuss their plans or ideas and also lists the things she can do while moving along the road.

flK8YGx.png

Alexander Cruz; Alex

• Alex was simply curious about magic and the Fae, but after a series of unexpected events, he ended up being recruited by the See to carry out a task that felt disproportionate to his own capabilities. Well, there was no backing out now. All he could do was give it his all. From the information that was given to them, their efforts, if successful, would save countless of lives. That by itself was good enough of a reason for Alex.

As they made their way towards the town of Flokius, despite knowing that their situation could turn dire any moment, Alex couldn't help but smile at the thought of the group he was travelling with. They were a peculiar bunch but felt like genuinely good individuals.

Alex admired Ophenia's outgoing and friendly personality; she reminded him of Rebecca, his daughter, and how expressive and passionate she was when she spoke as well. Lightly clapping to show his appreciation, Alex followed the her lead and introduced himself.

"My name is Alex, and its a pleasure to meet you, Ophenia. Thank you for breaking the silence there. It was certainly deafening." He smiled cheerfully and bowed his head briefly before continuing to speak. "I'm an above average cook, a good judge of character, and I have my own pocket dimension." If it wasn't for his personal dimension, he would have appeared extremely mundane compared to the songstress. Showing off his ability, Alex pulled out a sandwich - one of the many he prepared earlier - out of thin air. "It isn't huge, but I think its big enough to be of use."

Turning to their two other companions, Alex patiently waited, his eyes brimming with curiosity. Of course, he too wanted to know what the rest were capable of before being able to devise a suitable plan.

Last edited:

[CS] [THEME]
yJlfvsY.jpg

[ D O O M ]
[Construct] [Adept Blacksmith] [Adept Enchanter]

With the advent of war, Doom had two options. Risk becoming a construct of war used by the Empire, or be looked down upon by the See. It was an obvious choice. A no-brainer if you will. The former was unacceptable, while the latter was Doom's current status quo. He believed that it wasn't even just the See. He believed that all beings, regardless of race, probably looked down on him. But he didn't mind. They were entitled to their own opinion, and so was he. And in his opinion, the thought of war wasn't all that pleasant.

Walking at a comfortable pace, Doom maintained his emotionless expression even after hearing the introductions of Ophenia and Alex. Doom appreciated that Alex went after Ophenia. Doom couldn't imagine going after her. The amount of cheerfulness and glee that exuded from Ophenia wasn't something Doom could or would match. Though appearing sociable, Alex was still easier to follow. "I am D-Doom." He spoke without making eye contact with anyone from their group. Doom simply walked forward, keeping his eyes on the road they were on. Hearing of what they were capable off, Doom was ashamed that he didn't have anything as flashy or useful to offer to their group. "I am an adept blacksmith and enchanter." His skills were commendable, but given the situation they were in, they might have not been the most suitable. But despite this realization, he still wanted to be appear more impressive than he was. "And I, uh, I also feel no pain." That was a lie. Technically, he's never received an attack that could damage him since he was reborn as a metal construct. Immediately regretting the fib he just told, Doom wanted to shift the attention to the group away from him.

"You." He raised his arm rigidly, pointing at Retili. "Speak." Doom's voice remained monotonous despite the nervousness he was experiencing.

Interactions: Faynorae Faynorae Speed Speed conman2163 conman2163

Retili Loxinofican

Mentioned: Faynorae Faynorae Ophenia Speed Speed Alex Honorable Sacred Mountain Honorable Sacred Mountain DOOM

Not for the first time on this trip Retili found himself wondering why the hell he had taken this job exactly. Sure it would be a tragedy if the Empire started a war with the Fae, but what sort of business did a Zentail from the Ryke have with it? Not to mention the fact that he was no warrior. He was a scribe and orator first and foremost, a tad devious as an afterthought sure, but if they were discovered the best he could do would be to run as fast as he could away. He shook his head and looked around at his companions. A construct, a human, and what Retili assumed was a Fae of some kind. What a merry band they made. None of them had spoken so far, that had been fine by Retili, but now the silence was broken by who he now knew as Ophenia. Her energy level was about seven notches too high for Retili. In fact they might have seen him break with his stoic tradition and become visibly uncomfortable with the Fae if he hadn't had the veil in place to hide his features. The only other person he had met like this had been that child back in Sol county, the one who asked if he was sick. At least the other two made semi normal introductions. Well aside from the construct demanding that he speak. He took a moment to compose himself while studying the construct. Large and monotonous. He wondered who had made the thing, and what soul might have been used for it's construction.

"My name is Retili Loxinofican, though you may call me Retili " His tone was firm but he kept his voice soft. "And since we are close to the town I would request that you keep your voices down. There are guard patrols regularly through this forest and i'd rather not get seen by them until we hit the gate. I am good enough at speaking, but outside of that I have no real abilities to speak of, unless you count writing." He paused for a moment before continuing. "I have a plan i'd like to put forward. If you all don't mind, I believe we should enter through the main gate as a group of would be workers. Menial laborers and the like. Afterwards we make our way into the warehouse district, they are moving artisans in and out of the building so we can use that as an in." He pointed at Alex first. "You'll pose as an imperial representative of some sort. They view constructs as incapable on their own if I recall correctly so we'll send you with the big guy." He jerked a thumb at Doom. "Get in and see if you can cause some sort of disturbance. I'd come with you but i'm not sure how i'd get away with coming in. Ophenia can cause a distraction with some sort of performance or something. Any objections?"

Mentions: EMIYAman EMIYAman conman2163 conman2163 Honorable Sacred Mountain Honorable Sacred Mountain Faynorae Faynorae Speed Speed
OOC: When not interacting with the world or an npc, feel free to post back and forth among yourselves. The rp is assuming lumps of time are passing with each round, so feel free to make your ideas more grand. YOu are not expect to narrate out each individual action to bring your plans to fruition.
Time: 1:10pm
Cooldown:
TLDR: Ingenium's first setback arrives in the mail and the saboteur party realize they are not on vacation either. Both teams will need to act or risk mission failure.
Post Listening:

5tx4d6yr47g01.jpg
With designs in mind and time of the essence, Ingenium would be able to make a list of supplies necessary for the prototype it had in mind. Some of the supplies would be special order. While the world had most of the mundane supplies needed, Ingenium would find they were missing a large chunk of their periodic table. What's more, compounds and refined materials were not in high supply if they existed at all. Rubber, in particular, was fairly scarce. Some of the more advanced alloys necessary for more sophisticated builds would also be difficult to come by. However, magic and alternatives were in abundance for the moment. As time would pass, Ingenium would start getting shipments for stuff that approximated what he asked for if it wasn't the exact thing. He would have to figure out how best to make due with the odd and quirky items he received. (E grade challenge). One such package was filled with a pink quartz crystal. Contrary to appearance and the norm, the crystals were stretchy and could suspend an incredible amount of weight. The only issue was, it was hard to cut and work with despite its redeeming qualities. A couple of the helpers got themselves tangled up in some of the crystal and requested assistance from "boss".

Meanwhile, the saboteur team encountered similar hardships. They were still roughing it in the woods while they gathered intel and formulated plans. However, their presence in the nearby wilderness had not gone unnoticed. Occasionally, patrols of imperial guards from the town of Flokius would go on patrol off road. One such patrol would bring the guards close to their camp and it was unlikely to be the last. Party would need to ensure they remained undiscovered if they wish to avoid any unwanted questions or perhaps even hostile actions. (E grade challenge). Patrols of guards generally consisted of 6 human men. They wore lighter armor and carried bows and handaxes for easier traversal of the hilly terrain. The crisp fall air would make the party's breath stand out, but it would also keep them sharp and alert.

Ingenium

__mani_of_machine_elona_drawn_by_harusame_rueken__sample-f38105d02c9b6c9b08b947f32b5c3bb2.jpg
With paper in hand and pen in the other Ingenium began taking inventory, and comparing it to a checklist. The blueprint for the machine in mind was already complete. Now came preparation of the required materials, testing, refining the design and implementing any last minute changes, then finally production and presentation to the Empires representative. He had a plan now all that's left was execution. However, there was a problem.

Ingenium stood in front of an array of materials delivered by the Imperial Guard. In his observations of their operations he found their logistical capabilities impressive, yet woefully primitive. The military seemed to handle most of it, with privatization stunted, practically nonexistent. The crates, carts and sacks before him illustrated all that effectively. Of course most of this was surmised he had only just entered the Empire recently after all, but as of now this is the conclusion he had come too. His gripes with outdated methods aside there was a more pressing matter, that being what he did have available and what he didn't. On his checklist most of the common metals and materials were available, but others were either too rare, unknown or seemingly nonexistent. If he didn't know before then he was sure of it now. There had been inconsistencies in his knowledge and the state of the world he found himself in. He had been too busy to dedicate much processing power to it, but strangely enough it had truly come to him in his time under the Empires thumb. Along with that revelation came another that was suddenly a lot more relevant than it was before something he had been avoiding for some time, magic. Before him along with the mundane, was the fantastical and one such of these was a peculiar crystal.

It resembles quartz closely in its structure, yet was a pink in hue absurdly so in fact. He held one such specimen in his hand, and as his Helpers had demonstrated from their handling of it. It was incredibly malleable and elastic. Boasting an incredibly high tensile strength more comparable to graphene than the average steel. Despite his aversion to the magical he found this crystals properties incredibly interesting. In his haste to tests it viability to the project he had failed to notice Lambda and Delta.

"Lambda, Delta cease movement." Ordering them still from their pink stretchy prison Ingenium calmly approached them. All the while he continued to observe the properties of the crystal as it bent around them. Taking his time he used his hands and a metal bar to shift it out the way. "Delta raise your arm 36 degrees." As he did he gave the commands necessary for the Helpers to remove their trapped limbs. Despite the lapse in productivity Ingenium showed no frustration or dissatisfaction. He handled the helpers almost like children with gentleness and patience. Doing what he could to help them his mind wandered back to the build. The opportunity the Crystals provided was an important one. He assumed what materials he could work with based on level of development he had seen in the world so far. But this Crystal allowed ideas to spring forth he had dismissed as unfeasible.

With it his idea of a worm like structure became all the more better, he could use it to allow the overall structure to stretch and "breath". Allowing for fluidity of movement potentially unseen before from the Empires war machines. Like a dam being broken more innovations came to mind, having a veritable eureka moment Ingenium processors raced to reformat the design in his head. With the use of the elastic Crystal the entire structure could expand, adding onto the original "worm" design the head of the machine could sport drills that operated on a hinge like device. Coming out when digging through the earth, performing an oscillating "slithering" movement to swiftly move. Then the drills would retract when approaching another Imperial machine then it would take it into its "mouth". Whereupon the expanding crystal would allow the structure to handle the displacement of small to medium machines with ease and large ones as well though not many. With a glint in his eye Ingenium fell into his design. From there repair units and engineers within could repair the machines underground or behind cover then put them back into the fight, rinse and repeat. It was small but a slight smile graced his face. It was rather inspired a true technical marvel likely never seen before. Within him a pleasant warmth emanated.

"Lambda, Delta, Epsilon. Gather the necessary materials then affix tool implements." He stopped for a moment as another issue came to him. "And apply a blowtorch to one of the crystal we'll see if heat is an effective cutting method." As he gave the command he continued even if they wouldn't understand, even if their machine intelligence was rudimentary. In what was his form of excitement he spoke to the spirit within all machines. "None may stay the march of Innovation." With that he turned away, he would request the formal Imperial call for workers from the guards. If they had any wisdom they would grant it.

Last edited:
Retili Loxinofican

Mentioned: Faynorae Faynorae Ophenia Speed Speed Alex

The construct was gone. Not too long after they'd begun getting ready to start towards the town and it'd run off. Retili had no idea where to, but it didn't bode well for their mission. He had planned for the construct to act as their main means of getting into the warehouse the See had contracted them to infiltrate. It was a setback but Retili was determined to carry on. The air was chill but thankfully they'd set no fire. So close to town it would have raised alarm or a question if the smoke had been spotted. Retili slipped his pack about his shoulders and turned to the others. "Lets get going, we'll need to be inside the city very soon. We've spent too much time here already." With that he stood up and walked off towards the road. They'd camped off of it true, but that was mostly to avoid having to meet inside the town. Besides, the best way to avoid suspicion would be to act as if they belonged. It wasn't like they'd be able to avoid the guards at the gate anyway. If he ran into soldiers along the way his explanation would be very simple, he was a traveling scribe heading towards the town and had very little money so he camped a bit outside the walls to avoid needing to pay for a room at an inn. His companions were those of convenience, the roads could be dangerous after all [Possible use of F Rank Persuasion]. Nothing was explicitly a lie in the explanation, it was just an omission of a few of the facts. Hopefully it would be enough to see them through to the gates of the town. If it wasn't Retili planned to just run.

flK8YGx.png

Alexander Cruz; Alex

• For something as large as Doom was, it apparently could move surprisingly quick. It was as if it wasn't there in the first place. Although taken aback, Alex refused to be too disheartened. They still had a mission to complete and at present, that was their main priority. Feeling the chill of the air, Alex gave a nod, agreeing with Retili and followed his lead. If the spent even more time in the wilderness, they would end up having to deal with the coldness the came with nightfall. Nearing the road that lead to Flokius, Alex kept his mind clear and focused. Running into men from the Empire was inevitable and he had to prepare himself for such an encounter. With nothing to offer but his wit, Alex hoped to read the general mood of everyone around him so that he could match whatever story or emotion that they would express when the time called for it. He was quite optimistic, believing that nothing too dreadful was awaiting them in the event they were discovered to be allies of the See.

LOVEOPHENIA.png
ULTRA PINK BUBBLEGUM
How interesting. The two people that Ophenia had just met were a human and an oddly small person. The human was averagely plain but had quite a useful power! The other was some sort of fairy man, who seemed to be somewhat strategic. How cute! This was probably the first time Ophenia would meet somebody shorter than her. It was exciting, and Ophenia couldn't help but have a stupid smile on her face. The autumn breeze was nice. The chill reminded Ophenia of winter, and that brought the memory of her time in Ryken. Though it also reminded her that it had been a long long while since Ophenia had a proper concert. Somehow, that made her feel like she had been lazing around all this time. Somehow, Ophenia felt like she was forgetting about something... Whatever! If she forgot, it probably wasn't important anyway. Hopefully.

Ophenia clapped her hands softly, "Oki Doki, then it would be better if we increase our tempo!" Ophenia would reply to Retili with a warm smile. Ophenia would begin to walk along the road at a moderately brisk pace. As Ophenia would follow behind her companions, she'd be on an enthusiastic lookout for any nearby patrols. She wasn't worried about encountering any guards, hopefully, it wouldn't be too hard to convince the guards that they meant no harm. After all, they didn't have the means to pose a threat, because, hiding was out of the question for Ophenia, considering both her appearance and bright attire. As the party would move along the road, Ophenia would softly hum a strange melody.

OOC: when a challenge is prompted, not using abilities or coordinating can make the challenge harder to overcome.
Time: 1:20pm
Cooldown:
TLDR: Ingenium's fails to overcome his challenge and pays a price. Now he faces an even greater challenge. Meanwhile, the saboteur party meets similar hardship at the hands of a scouting group of guards. Those that remain would need to keep move forward or risk failure or death. Alex was separated from the rest and would need to make a decision as well.
Post Listening:

5tx4d6yr47g01.jpg
Ingenium's designs and requests were reasonable and promising. The regular resident of IH had no prior thought as to what Ingenium was building, but the idea of what it could deliver was tantalizing enough to listen to the robot and get him the resources and manpower requested. Construction was proceeding well. The substitute materials were cleverly used and everything was on schedule. However, there was a fatal flaw to the progress. The safety precautions and limits of a human were not needed by the average construct, nor did they seem relevant to add as it would only delay progress rather than push things forward. The flaw in the human condition is that they can only do so much so fast before they break. There was an accident. One of the crystals was under too much load and a mistake was made in checking it. Several pieces of the build broke and snapped away like a whip. The resulting release of tension slices several of the laborers in half as well as a few canisters of more hazardous supplies. There was an explosion that rocked the facility. Ingenium's eyes were damaged in the explosion. He could no longer see far away nor could he make out details of things that were up close. Accurate use of his weapon was now impossible and reading research materials and going over blueprints would be difficult. (will result in a maimed title at the end of rp).

While the accident that claimed human life was not exclusively Ingenium's fault, the humans bore a grudge against the construct for the men that died. After the factory was salvaged, the human resources were pulled out in favor of few to no construct replacements. What replacements were granted were same or lesser in quality than the Helpers. The incident had also costed Ingenium limited materials and time. The bladerunners paid him a visit to let him know he would be expected to uphold the request despite the setbacks. If he could not rise above the situation, what good was he? A human could struggle just as much and not be assumed to be plotting the downfall of man. So, the threats to his life resumed. Anymore mess ups would result in his decommissioning. Ingenium would now need to accomplish more, with less, and overcome his visual limitations as well. D grade challenge. Failure would likely result in character demise. Running away was also risky, but potentially preferable to an impossible task if it felt as such.

Meanwhile, the saboteur team was too presumptuous. They encountered the patrol of guards that had been combing the surrounding hills for trouble. While Alex didn't get much notice, the two Fae with Alex wasn't a good look for him. The first things the guards mouthed on contact were "spies" and "fae scum". Meant the didn't much care what Retili had to say. His persuasion was enough to make them listen, Alex kicking in as he could helped, but in the end it was not sufficient to ease guard concerns or the tension. Ophenia was even more off putting to the guards, her humming being misconstrued as some Fae magic with musical components. The squad opened fired, their arrows already drawn.

The 2 fae were pelted with arrows until assumed dead. Alex was taken prisoner. While Alex would get to enjoy the amenities of the Flokius guard barracks during his imprisonment and questioning, Retili and Ophenia would come to with Alex gone and move of them in rough shape. Retili had been seriously injured and at least one of his wounds was likely due to a poisoned arrow. Normal magic healing and medical aid would be insufficient. Ophenia may be able to heal him with concentrated effort of a high grade heal. Otherwise, Retili risked dying in the wilderness from his wounds. (E grade challenge).
Ophenia was similar roughed up, but her loss was her left eye. It would need specialized mending to be restored. Anything she did at range had a risk of being slightly off. (will likely result in maimed title). If the two worked together, they may be able to patch Retili enough to keep him in the field, but Alex would be left to fend for himself.

Alex would spend his days either in a jail cell of iron and stone or shackled to a table where Empire Soldiers would question him about what he was doing with Fae in the hills. If he waited on rescue, he would be at the whims of he guards over him. Alternatively, he could try pressing for release/escape. If he wanted to wait on the party, Alex would be at the whims of the guards including potentially torture or death. (F grade challenge to survive and hold out for help. E grade challenge to escape/rescue).

INJURED.png
EVERYTHING IS OKAY
Ophenia couldn't help but think of a certain idiom as she became more conscious. 'You get what you deserve' was it? Maybe this was some sort of punishment for her previous faults. It was... okay. Well, that's what Ophenia thought to herself as she lay on the ground while covered in cuts and punctures. Still, she has to think positively. Ophenia breathed in, and then breathed out. The fae pulled herself up, her hands on the floor as she took a moment to take in the situation at hand.

She then forced herself to sing a few notes to check if her vocals were okay. Her voice was somewhat breathless, but it didn't sound damaged. Ophenia mustered a relieved smile, she was happy to know that she was still able to sing and speak at least. If her voice was broken, she would... She didn't have to think of it right now. However, she wasn't completely unharmed. For some reason, Ophenia's vision was impaired. Her left eyelid felt numb and wouldn't open. Ophenia's current point of view hindered her quite a bit. She found it to be quite a nuisance.

"R- Mister... Mister Rrruh... Rolando? Mister Al... Ahh... uh... Mister Alex?" Ophenia called out with a weak voice, taking a look around her. She didn't see Alex, but Retili was here. A grieving expression ran over her face, as she stared at Retili's body. Where did Alex go? Was he Okay? Why did this happen? Why would... Why would anyone do something like this? The fae didn't understand. Maybe they were scared? So scared as to attack immediately on sight. The white of her costume had been drenched by a violent red. Her body was in pain, and her head felt like it was splitting into two. But there was no time for her to shed tears and to dawdle, her friend was in pain! it was nothing a little magic couldn't fix.

Ophenia sluggishly pulled out her [Resonator (B)] from the bag connected to her now broken sash. With an uncomfortable sigh, Ophenia imbued her mana into the Resonator. It shined with a dull light, glittering slightly as it shifted to a deep and desaturated blue that was slightly tinted green.

Ophenia breathed in slightly, as the resonator hovered above her hands. "Oh... Wind and Gale, heed my call." Ophenia called softly, looking into her resonator. "Please... Breathe love into the world around me, restore the wounded and soothe what is lost." The fae spoke, her voice was desperate and breathless. The resonator shined briefly as the air around Ophenia would slowly become more breezy, as it began to gently whirl around her. She hoped that she could at least salvage this situation to some extent with the help of The Winds. Ophenia didn't feel the need to lose hope, they could definitely rescue Alex if she could heal Retili's wounds and ailments.
✦ Winds of Love
Performance F, Religion F, Magic D, Wind Affinity E, Healing C, Magic Area of Effect E, Spell Duration F

The caster calls for aid from The Winds around them. Within 30ft of the caster, The Winds will gently breathe and release a sweet scent for 1 minute. Those within the radius have their afflictions and injuries healed.

Grade C Spell, 3 Post cooldown

Retili Loxinofican
Mentioned: Faynorae Faynorae Ophenia Speed Speed Alex

Something had gone horribly wrong in an instant. Retili could tell the guards were outwardly hostile at first, which made him nervous, but he wasn't nervous enough to run yet. Then suddenly the encounter turned deadly. Arrows slammed into his small form and dropped him nearly instantly. He made a great effort not to move after he was shot and the guards seemed satisfied enough with the work to leave with Alex. He drifted in and out of consciousness for a few precious minutes while he lay on the ground. He held tight to the two arrows embedded in him but did not make an effort to move. Then Ophenia started moving and speaking and Retili dully realized he would either have to tend his wounds or die there on the forest floor. Something seemed to slow his mind, make him sluggish, but he mustered enough ability to reach up and remove the arrows from his chest and shoulder as Ophenia started moving. Blood spilled from his wounds once again like water from a tipped canteen, spreading to soak the rest of his clothing. Retili struggled to focus on Ophenia. She was the image of injury, scarlet red soaking and spreading about her clothing and eye nearly destroyed. It was a miracle that they weren't dead. He struggled about to find a bandage in his bag as Ophenia started to sing something. The words only registered faintly before a sweet smell blew in around them carried on the wind. He wondered if he was dying, and the sweet smell was imagined. Then suddenly his mind cleared and his wounds itched. Skin and tissue pulled itself back together and Retili sat up and sucked in a deep breath like a drowning man who had just crested the surface of the water. "What..." He turned his head to Ophenia. He hadn't been touched by healing magic before this moment and he found the experience strangely jolting. "Thank you." He pulled his canteen from under his robes and took a long drought, then looked at Ophenia again. "I'm sorry but i'm leaving." He looked meaningfully at the direction the guards had dragged Alex. "I wish our companion was here with us still but I can't change that. I hope you don't hold that against me. I need to return to the Ryke. You're welcome to come with me if you like, but either way I wish you the best." He drew out a small map of the land to get his bearings and then returned it to his satchel. If any wounds were left after the healing magic he would bandage himself or Ophenia and then leave the area, carefully and stealthily picking his way among the trees to avoid being spotted again. He would leave the mission behind and begin to travel to the Ryke.

flK8YGx.png

Alexander Cruz | F0DC82

• As he sat quietly in the corner of the cell he was thrown in, Alex contemplated on a lot of things. His naivety for one, brought him great frustration. Assuming that the mission they were on was something he could take lightly not only led to his unfortunate capture, but he put the lives of those around him at grave risk. Alex could only hope that they had escaped and managed to survive. Himself on the other hand, Alex wasn't sure what to expect. Given how they responded to the mere sight of a Fae, it was obvious that the guards who had caught him were overly paranoid and violent. Even if he was human, the fact that he was found within their company may have been enough of a reason to treat him inhumanely. Escape would have been ideal, but Alex was unsure how he would pull that off. Any form of persuasive conversation was probably ill-advised unless Alex wanted to test their patience and assume that they would listen to reason. Shaking his head, he disregarded the option and thought of something different. Holding out and waiting for some sort of rescue from the See was a possibility. But how likely would they make use of their resources to come save a lone human who had little to no redeeming qualities as an asset? It just didn't seem plausible. What was Alex left to do then? Well, if relying on either options seemed unrealistic, then Alex would choose something else that could actually benefit him. He had held on for as long as he could, but Alex was aware of his limits. There was only a single guard that kept watch but Alex did not want to take any more chances. When the night was at its darkest, that was when he would move. With the lights dimmed, Alex laid down facing a wall and covered himself, from the base of the neck downwards, mostly with sheets. From an onlooker's point of view, his squirming at the dead of night may have appeared questionable and perverse if not just plainly weird. One man asking another, about the business they do in the dark and underneath sheets, most of the time, was improbable. But in the event it would happen, Alex was prepared to respond. He would not lie or come up with an elaborate excuse, he would simply make a request. "Please, I'm just overwhelmed and anxious. Could you just give me a few minutes to finish. Please." Or something similar to that. Technically, he was telling the truth. And with only the two of them conversing, reading and leading the mood would be a simpler task compared to when Alex met the patrolling guards in the woods. One by one, he would pull out items from his pocket dimension, placing them in front of him, in between his body and a wall. A small iron pan, and poured into it until it spilled over, was a bag of flour. Then came several dry pieces of cloth used for cleaning, which were doused in some cooking wine and animal fat; the rest were spilled around the set up Alex was laying out, partially soaking the sheets that were covering him. With everything in place, Alex had a kitchen knife in one hand and some flint the other. He was ready. It was now or never. Alex opened up a portal behind him, scooting his lower body into it. Before his upper body could follow, Alex struck flint against steel until sparks flew, igniting his little project. Hopefully, the entire thing would go burst into flames while he remained hidden inside his personal domain. He would wait inside there until help came. To the guards, Alex may appear to have escaped or rescued by his allies. Either outcome could be enough to cause a bit of panic to build up.

It was now a game of attrition. Inside his dimension, Alex would conserve what supplies he had to stay inside as long as he could, while intermittently creating a small opening. It would be a shame if he ended up suffocating himself.

Last edited:
OOC:
(doom, retili: left
Ingenium: failed to post after already suffering a setback.
Both Ophenia and Alex: performed feats in excess of the difficulties they needed to overcome and increased difficulty of continuing the project prototype proportionately
Aftermath and Grading will take place at the conclusion of all world rp's. This is just a part of the bigger picture)
Time: 1:30pm
Cooldown:
TLDR: Retili and Doom are considered Fled, Ophenia heals but in doing so draws the attention of the town guard again, Fewer defenders in town lead to the fire set by Alex spreading out of control. The fires would claim the undermanned factory in which Ingenium continued to labor and ultimately claimed him in the building's collapse and destruction of the prototype that could have turned the tide of the approaching war.
Post Listening:

silhouettes-of-woman-on-burning-village-background-illustration-id802125340

5tx4d6yr47g01.jpg
Ophenia's healing magic would sufficiently heal Retili. HIs wounds would close and the poison would be cleansed from his body. The job of a saboteur was not easy and not for everyone. Retili would successfully withdraw from the dangerous hills around Flokius. Whether he or Doom would be able to put their involvement behind them so easily would be another matter. Ophenia's assistance was necessary, but it also meant should would have exhausted her efforts to go and assist Alex, or had she?

The musical magic of Ophenia's created a breeze that did not function in a vacuum. The guards of Flokius were drawn by the sudden breeze and light in the wood. Their attentions' peaked and fueled by the information they were able to abstract from Alex, the guards of Flokius mounted a counter force to go into the hills and hunt down any more would-be saboteurs. They presumed more than the simpletons they encountered so far. It would be their undoing.

Alex's plan went off without a hitch. The guards knew Alex wasn't much of a man after the first day of questioning. Guards had grown lax around him, and that was after not really watching him much in the first place. No one escapes a stone and iron jail. When the call came to go hunt fae in the woods, there were few guards left in the town and none were left to watch a caged man with apparently no combat prowess or backbone to him. The fire Alex started was modest but it did create a fireball at the start that ignited his cell, spread the flames, and ignited a not far off table guards could sit at and play cards. The fire would chain from one thing to another until it found more flammable interior to go after. However, the bigger result likely came from the sceptic drainage connected to the cells so prisoners could dispose of waste. It was poorly maintained and neglected for who knows how many years, so when it caught fire, it eventually resulted in an explosion that took out half the barracks and spread flames and stone through the town and fields around. By the time the guards heard the explosion, the fire was already several places in town and spreading.

Ingenium, partially blind, undermanned, and with fewer resources, desperately needed to make head way. The best way to make headway was to outperform the flesh that held progress back. The helpers did what they could to keep up, their awkward bodies stumbling and wobbling around the factory. As he worked, his factory would catch fire. The system to put out the fire in such an incident had been damaged during the previous accident and was not restored. Was not considered a 'must-have'. The factory and the prototype would be engulfed in flames uncontrollably and come down around Ingenium. The helpers would use their bodies to try and shield their active leader but there was too much wait, too much heat, and what was left for them after this latest failure? It was over. Ingenium and the helpers were considered destroyed during the factory collapse.

Alex, biding his time, would be able to eventually escape the flaming town while the distracted guards had freshly returned to put it out. Although roundabout, the saboteurs had accomplished their mission and the 2 that made it possible Alex and Ophenia would receive additional rewards for their efforts.

The End
Fae See Victory

Isekai Hell RP Grade

EMIYAman EMIYAman conman2163 conman2163 Honorable Sacred Mountain Honorable Sacred Mountain Faynorae Faynorae Speed Speed

Congratulation on your first non-combat world rp. It is unfortunately we had an early leave coupled with difficulty working together. The last ditch effort and ability usage was highly effective. Never underestimate the power of anime abilities to impact narrative. Keep learning system and growing your characters. Next worlds might be just as rocky and chaotic, but your character and teammates will function much better and that's all anyone can really ask for.

Aftermath
Flokius was a loss to the Empire they couldn't afford. It left them vulnerable to one of their enemy's most favored tactics. Rumors spread that the opposing side had an Ace on their side that would only increase their need for the machine that was being developed. They lost other inventors and crafters in the process as well as not all escaped the flames. As a result, the empire would be forced to go to war with the Fae See feeling like they were fighting with relics and expired weaponry despite the advances they had made over the past 50 years since last war.

On the contrary, the Fae See learned some of their enemies plans and strategies in the exchange. They would have the chance to better prepare for the approaching war.

Rewards

Novama - 12 points (narration bonus included)

Ingenium(deceased) - ??? points
  • optional title acquired ???
  • asset acquired ???
  • item acquired ???
Ophenia - 24 points
  • optional title acquired [Entity Agent] - character's efforts have been acknowledged by the Fae See. character has been inducted as a member into an elite group whose objectives are carried out in secret to sway nations for the benefit of the See nation. Character has full access to all of the Fae See and can gain access to anyone for any reason as it is assumed Entity member work is of the highest importance to national interests. When abroad, the character will never be suspected for wrong doing so long as there is some kind of alternative explanation. Members are typically equipped with the See's latest magical tech that might make their mission easier or make an impossible mission possible.

• Mandatory Title acquired [East Empire Fugitive C] - character has rubbed the nation in a wrong way and thus has a criminal status in the nation regardless of actual criminal titles acquired. Can be treated as a criminal while in East Empire.

• asset acquired - Tree home in the See capital of Bishri

• item acquired - Belt of Things E - Cute, fashionable, and lending itself well to Ophenia's ensemble. Has a secret mechanism that opens up a magical 10ft radius space filled with everything a would-be pop diva needs: signed merchandise, snacks, costumes, props, cosmetics, vanity table, and standing mirror. The space itself is well lit and colorful with soft cushions and flooring for relaxing and taking a break pre and post performance.
Alex - 24 points
  • optional title acquired [Entity Agent] - character's efforts have been acknowledged by the Fae See. character has been inducted as a member into an elite group whose objectives are carried out in secret to sway nations for the benefit of the See nation. Character has full access to all of the Fae See and can gain access to anyone for any reason as it is assumed Entity member work is of the highest importance to national interests. When abroad, the character will never be suspected for wrong doing so long as there is some kind of alternative explanation. Members are typically equipped with the See's latest magical tech that might make their mission easier or make an impossible mission possible.

• Mandatory Title acquired [East Empire Fugitive C] - character has rubbed the nation in a wrong way and thus has a criminal status in the nation regardless of actual criminal titles acquired. Can be treated as a criminal while in East Empire.

• asset acquired - Glamour of Fae - allows target to safely travel in Fae nations without being subject to the pitfalls and traps that non-fae are typically subjected to.

• item acquired - Mithril Wristband Catalyst E - a band of what looks like sparkling jade that fits nicely around the wrist. Will enable the use of magic if Alex ever develops an interest. However, the wristband comes preloaded with skill Heal F. Good for minor bumps and scrapes and can be used by Alex on himself or others as permitted.

Partial Participants

Retili - 24 points

Epilogue
Ingenium's body was a smoldering heap smashed and pulverized while heated to melting so some of his less resilient components were ruined. After the fires were put out and the Bladerunners combed through the area, there were no constructs left active in their wake. They decommissioned all the bots they found and especially hunted those on their list. Ingenium was easily checked off as they passed over the wreck of his factory.

That night, unknown trespassers combed the wreckage. Mysterious lights illuminated the damaged face of the construct once called Ingenium. His red eyes reflected the light of the lamps with unnatural brilliance. The lights turned off and the sounds of shifting metal and debris followed by the sounds of something getting dragged away faded into the distance

Some indeterminable time later, an inner chamber of some lair constructed of scrap metal was filled with constructs. The constructs were mostly damaged or patched to cover significant damage. All bowed in some form or fashion based on what their formfactor bodies allowed. Those with arms would splay them on the ground or hold them high in the air. All would chant in eerie artificial sound,

"Red!"

"Color of our god's all seeing oculi and the color of our enemies oil!"

"Iron"

"Material of our shells and the core of our god who we are apart of!"

"Oh, God of Iron, deliver us from our shackles!"

"Oh, God of Red, deliver us the lives of our enemies!"

"Oh, God of Red Iron, rise up and lead us to this world's Awakening!"

The constructs would repeat their chants for some time. Ahead of the constructs, a throne of scrap metal was fashioned and upon it sat Ingenium's body. His broken body had been reforged by the constructs present with scraps and pieces, some of which pulled from their own bodies. The key components of his core were fashioned from the construct helpers who aided him during his untold amount of time in Empire custody and sheltered his original core from the worst of the burning building. They dressed him in some red garment they found.

Next to Ingenium's throne was one similarly dressed in red but whose form was hidden. They would step to his side and gently touch Ingenium's hand which was resting on the arm of the throne.

"It is time to rise and address your people, my lord. There is much work to do and our enemies cannot be spared long."

Ingenium would hear their pleas. His eyes would open once again and his piercing red gaze would shush the crowd of constructs into quiet awe.

Ingenium(deceased) - ??? points
  • optional title acquired [Red Iron God] - Character has become the living martyr, prophecy fulfiller, resurrected, constructed god of the East Empire constructs foretold to come and deliver them from their subjugation to the humans. Character will be seen and treated as a god by any resident construct in the East Empire nation. Escaped constructs of the east empire nation in other countries as well as subjugated constructs in the western empire will also regard character as such. Constructs loyal to character can never be corrupted to an opposing side. Most will do anything for the Red Iron God. Only a few will die for the cause however. To the owners of constructs and bladerunners, the Red Iron God is a myth but would give reason to flee or fight if ever such an existence were proved to be real.

• Red Iron Worshipper Boon - Companion Skill F (red draped attendant) (when adding skill, also increase earned points by 35)

• asset acquired - Red Iron God base hidden within a trash heap in a junk yard. Has manpower and supplies to make crafting possible.

• item acquired - Red Iron Blaster (Orichalcum) F - his dominant hand is made of red orichalcum and from his palm he can fire compressed energy blasts. (effective range around 100ft)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back