• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Graded [Frontier][World] Actor of War: Progenitor of the Hive

D. Rex

Magic Eight Ball
OOC
Welcome my friends, to the World RP. Let me get this out of the way right now, as it is a statement that must be clarified one final time. Risks of death and serious injury are high. This rp will be mainly focusing in PVP combat. Do not feel ashamed to have your character retreat if need be, for you may findyourself at the mercy of those who have none. The NPC threat, will have none.

Mechanics will follow the letter of the rules, with narrator adjudication present only when the rules have not specifically cover it.

The RP will run until the end of October. During the beginning phase of the rp, both teams will be apart, and you have a brief time to discuss or prepare yourselves. Both teams will know the other team is nearby. During this phase, there is no posting order, but there will be a round limit of three days. After three days, whoever has not posted will be skipped as I make a narrator post.

Combat will begin the moment someone initiates it. Turns will be taken by team. Each time will have 4 days to crank out their posts, those who do not post will be skipped. Teams can post in any order during their turn. The timer starts during each narrative post I make concluding the round.

Exceptions: I very rarely post on Sundays and Mondays due to obligations, as such, a turn may have an extra day or two depending on how the time falls.

Teams and Goals

Team War
: Mitsunari, Seven, Semetres(NPC), Sketchy Soldiers(NPCs)

Your goal is to keep Semetres until the end of the rp. You may use whatever means you have at your disposal. Go in the offensive, or defensive, or flee, it is your choice.

Bonus Victory Condition: Keep the infected individual alive until the end of the RP.

Team Peace: Aria, Rowan, Regula, Finn

Your goal is to defeat the War Party before the end of the RP. You may use whatever means you have at your disposal.

Bonus Victory Condition: BOTH defeat Semetres and keep the Infected Individual from escaping.

Request: It would be very helpful if each of you could put a link yo your CS at the top of your first post. It will make it much easier for reference for me.

On with the rp...

b6ade996df2376f340e04ac2211c3b43.jpg

Time: 3:00am

The air was unpleasantly warm for this time of year, brought on by the winds that carried a storm. The ground had barely dried from a small shower not but three hours ago. Thankfully the clouds had cleared since then, letting the full moon help aid in the traversal of this night.

It was the winds that helped carry the screams of the injured lone soldier through the wooded landscape and down the trail. "THEY ARE HERE, THEY ARE HERE, THEY AR---." Came the cry, only to come to a gurgling stop as a third broad arrow struck his prone body, causing it to finally fall limp.

7fb8820930a0fdd86c223f9468fb3ccc.jpg

Semetres raised a hand, stopping the soldiers from advancing to check the body. It didn't matter. He was dead. "So much for hoping for a quiet night." The imperial said in a voice way too calm for the nature of this mission. He pause, briefly, giving the woods a quick scan of his eyes.

The soldier would not have risen the alarm if there weren't others nearby who could heed it. They were not alone... and they most certainly had heard. It could not be a large force... his scouts would have detected a large moving group in these woods.

Semetres was a man cloaked in dark blue garb. A man well familiar with traversing the shadows. From the quality of his clothing and armor, it was safe to suspect the man was very well to do, but that he was here willing to get his hands dirty. And the soldiers he brought, an uncomfortablely seedy lot, all seem led to have the sort of respect for him born from sense of fear. Semetres was a dangerous man, one could feel it.

Even the few fae he had brought along edged away from him whe he came close. Fae hidden within the soldiers, wearing imperial uniforms to hide there features.

Save for two... Mitsunari and the bird. These two he had been promised would prove useful should they run into any trouble. Semtres turned his cowled head to look at them now, eyeing them with calculations.

"It seems a confrontation will be likely tonight. How prepared are you for a skirmish?" He asked them.

They were in a small clearing... more of widening of the trail, really. A good dozen soldiers, a mix a of fae and humans, stood in various positions around the forests edge, those with bows having them raised, head cooked listening for sounds in the forest.

Another figure sat atop a small nervous horse, hunched in its saddled. It was a woman, a very young woman. With long brown hair that was matted and tangled. Sweat glistened on her skin, and not even the thick brown cloak that covered her body could hide the trembling and heavy breathing. The only expression she wore, was one of catharsis. And faint shimmer of moonlight, reflecting around her. Almost like a bubble. Nigh undetectable at this hour of the night.

LadyOfStars LadyOfStars Etymarchen Etymarchen

Elsewhere

They had finally been able to discover fresh tracks heading up the trail. Over a dozen could be verified, and a small horse. They has done well in covering traces of their pass, if it wasn't for the faint imprints in the mud, they might have never found them.

This was not a commonly used trail, due to the wild animals and occasional monster attacks, the unsteady terrain also didn't favor the wagons of traders. A quiet one, only used by those who needed to get somewhere in a hurry.

A scream of pain cut through the quiet air, carried by the warm winds of an incoming storm. And moments later came a cry, "THEY ARE HERE, THEY ARE HERE, THEY AR--" The shouting was cut off abruptly. It must have been the advance scout who had went on ahead... must have gotten caught. But the brave soul at least was able to let them know, and very well may have just given them the chance to end this plot.

The cry had not been too muffled, the enemy had to be close. The trail was winding... so maybe... "Perhaps three hundred feet... that way." Said one of the Fae scouts, pointing through the woods to the north east. The trail and tracks were south east, so it definitely had to bend back around unless the enemy had decided to double back for some reason.

Regardless, they had a few options. They could take the trail and move faster, hoping it lead to the enemy. It was also wide enough to give them room to move. Or they could go through the woods and take the straight path. The brush was thick, so it would be harder to move, and it would be easier to stay hidden.

The group itself was a small one, Regula, Aria and Finn with two fae scouts each armed with longbows and a a short spear. Then there was Rowan, who had been with a squad of five imperial scouts, each armed with sword and a boltcaster. It was one of those imperials that had been felled up ahead, leaving only four imperials left.

Despite how helpful the fallen soldiers cry was... it meant they had lost the element of surprise. The enemy had to know that someone was looking for them, and was likely close.

Elvario Elvario RavenSong RavenSong Orikanyo Orikanyo slifer37 slifer37

Last edited by a moderator:
1664686026020.png

Finally, a chance to lay the foundation for the Empire's collapse presented itself, and of course Mitsunari intended to take full advantage and ensure that the plan succeeded. Semetres was the mastermind behind this grand scheme apparently and Mitsunari had to admit, he was impressed. Although they now faced some opposition, Mitsunari could tell they weren't working with some village magician. He looked up at the pale moon above and soaked in its beauty. Tonight was a fine night to spill some blood. He heard the approach of his ogres and turned to glance over his shoulder at the monsters. "Keep quiet." The fox whispered in their native tongue. They weren't masters of stealth, but they could at least try. He directed his gaze to the infected woman and part of him was intrigued to know more of her affliction, but for the most part he wanted to deliver her to the destination and see her sow the seeds of chaos.

The sorcerer's words drew Mitsunari from his thoughts and back to reality. From behind his bandages he peered through the moonlight at Semetres. "It won't take long to be ready." The kitsune assured him with tails that swayed behind him in excitement. "Since the enemy knows we are here, it will be difficult to surprise them, but we can attempt to lure them into a trap here in the clearing." He turned to raise his hand and pointed at the trees tops.

"We can post our archers in the trees, put into position by one of my ogres. Hide the other soldiers in the brush." His hand went down to gesture at the bushes and trees that formed the edge of the clearing. Mitsunari had picked up a bit of insight on directing people after having spent so much time barking orders at his monsters. He was no general of course, but he had some ideas. "Myself and one of my ogres can stay back to protect the woman, off the battlefield of course." His eyes swept across the forest to the woman who sat atop the horse. She was an important piece to their plans and would need to be protected. But these were all just suggestions. He could not make such decisions alone of course. He turned his gaze back to Semetres and was eager to hear just what the mastermind would say.

D. Rex D. Rex Etymarchen Etymarchen

"Tsk... Another life lost..." the knight spat, truely this was about to get even more bloody in a few... But.. At least they knew the foes were on the horizon. He didn't relish this upcoming battle like he would fighting a beast, gods know that he'd be much happier battling one of them if he could. But... these people... They had two things, apparently, a deadly disease, the transmission vector was a person, he didn't know whom it might be.

The first, was a direct decapitation of the snake, death of the leader of that little party, named Semetres. Finn himself didn't know much about this person, to be honest he simply only needed the information or to get in eye sight, appraisal would do the rest... if... if it couldn't...

Then they would need to hit them as hard and fast as possible.

As far as he knew, he was one grade from the top, if they were fighting the top... His skills, his strength, would be next to nothing.

He looked to the others, and took in a deep breath, letting it out to calm himself. Any day of the week besides this he would have made a comment how he was a lucky man surrounded by such beautiful women, but today.. he just wanted to be certain they all survived... "Well? Hows everyone feeling?" he asked the group with a slightly worried smile. "i know it's gonna be a rough one, but.. names Finnegan, Finnegan Huttman if yea gotta make my tombstone later. I'm your resident knight, I... I fight in close quarters and do my best to stay in enemy's face.

My strength, arms and armor are of the highest quality I can manage. I can take quite abit of pain... So I guess i'll be in charge of keeping riffraff off you all. If you need a distraction, I make for a good one." he said his piece, giving the others a look over.

"Hey Rowan, been not too long, heres hoping your ready to slap shields on us. got a feeling we're gonna need you throughout. Don't take a sage to know we got a big battle ahead." He gave a small wave and spoke to the ward caster, considering her an acquaintance in the very least. Right now, she was a compatriot. ( slifer37 slifer37 )

He then looked to the two from the same group he was, from the fae... here to stop the war.

"Aria, good to see you again, wish it was in better circumstances. But your a welcome sight, glad to know I'm fighting beside somebody reliable." he gave the young woman a small smile, one that told of weariness and late nights in worry. But he looked over to the other person in their midst as well...

"...I don't think I know of you, as I said before, I am Finnegan. A pleasure." he regarded her singularly as he did the others, giving her a once over and... Staring at that... beautiful.... Weapon of hers! he'd seen nothing like it before! "Will I be seeing that thing in action? Is it a boltcaster of some sort?" he questioned, looking very curious about the weapon Regula bares.

RavenSong RavenSong Elvario Elvario D. Rex D. Rex

Last edited:
Regula
Mentions: Aria RavenSong RavenSong | Finn Orikanyo Orikanyo | Rowan slifer37 slifer37 | 2x Fae Scout & 4x Imperials D. Rex D. Rex

It was rather strange. One day, she was peacefully hanging out with her mother, the next, she was attempting to prevent a major war between The See and the Empire. Her hands shook a little. She wasn't even a queen yet and she was already involved in such major plots. She swallowed. This would be a good test. Besides, it was her own request to get involved. There was much to gain from this. Fighting for peace was, in itself, a noble cause. However, she hoped to own a kingdom or empire of her own one day and The Empire was a very alluring target. Being allied with The See would help her, if she'd ever be able to set her sights on the Empire. Thus, a plan was made, as she allied herself with The See in the hopes of preventing this war, getting some fame and glory along the way.

It seemed like their first choice arrived sooner rather than later. Their enemy was found and they had to decide how they wished to try approaching them. “Let me be clear and upfront about one thing. I dislike violence and killing, especially against someone that might be innocent, but considering what we've learned about the infection and it's ticking time-bomb properties, the stakes are far too high to take any risks. From the moment we spot our enemies, I will fight to kill. If slaying the infected will not spread the infection, I say that should be our priority. Once that one is captured or defeated, they can no longer execute their plans.”

She soften up a little bit at Finn's introduction. “Regula. Blacksmith, enchanter, adventurer and fledgeling knight of the Order. At your service.” She listed her latest titles. “With all due respect, I'd rather talk about where we're gonna drink after we prevented a bloody war from breaking out than about tombstones. I heard the Fae have some pretty crazy absinthe and mead.”

If it wasn't for the war, she'd be eager to blabber about her weapon all night, but she figured she'd keep it short. “I call it a gun, but it's similar to a bolt-caster, yes. I prefer using that from a distance, but if need-be I can hold my own up-close. The gun's there for fire-power, I got my cloak for healing and protection and my boots for movability and to sense what's around me. On the topic of that....” She said, using the [Tremor-sense] enchanted onto her boots to locate the vibrations of the movements of their enemies. “Right now, I can sense the movements of insert the level of detail about enemies D. Rex D. Rex thinks if fair for her to sense using this skill over there.” She was really glad to have used this enchantment, as it should give them great information on what their enemies were up too, how many there were and if they were plotting to run or lay an ambush.

(Tremorsense: A Creature with tremorsense is sensitive to vibrations in the ground and can automatically pinpoint the location of anything that is in contact with the ground. | D - 1000ft radius – 304 meter.)

Last edited:
< ○ • SEVEN • ○ >
zwRHxxn.jpg

How beautiful.

The night—that was. The moon glowed a lovely white upon the dotted canvas of blue—though any repetition of previously waxed poetics was redundant at best. As much as it was tedious to have walked all the way over from whence she’d arrived with her wings and tiny feet, a part of her found reason to see the moment at hand as more than desirable for her overall goals.

And she was willing to sacrifice everything for that.

It appeared as though the spymaster held much faith in the kitsune man and her—a bird, as silly it had sounded. Regardless of any actual standing she might have truly had at that very moment, any opportunity that she could take was better than having none at all.

"Certainly, Sir Semetres, the lot of us should be prepared to address the incoming threat, though I believe it would be wise of us to also escape further into the forest ahead." The bird answered calmly to the man of intimidating aura, for that was the nature that seemed most beneficial to present in that moment if she truly desired his listening ear. "If we set the forest behind us ablaze, it may make it difficult for them to pursue us in the danger of the pyre while we continue to move and prepare—both to ensnare and ambush them with the trap at the Foxman's advice as well as to clarify their decisions. Perhaps we could cast these flames in multiple directions of travel to cast confusion in our direction of escape.

I am certain, however, that you would know the best approach, Sir Semetres."

How curious of these individuals to pursue them in the woods. Did they truly see this cause as so detrimental to their desires? Whatever the case would be, ’Success’ was not a woman so tame as to allow herself to simply submit into the hands of those who desired her. They could not allow her dance to end with her in their embrace.

"Ah, and if it wouldn't be so difficult of me to ask, I would like to request but a single, simple accommodation:

A Magic Catalyst." She cooed out. "I may be reliable as a healer capable to resurrect the dead, but there have been little to none willing to accommodate a bird of my nature without any a trade of benefits." It was in many people's best interests not to trust monsters, after all. "For the case of the moment of our now, however, it would be in our best interest to optimize my capacity to respond to more potentials of risk. We especially cannot risk your loss for the sake of this operation at the end of the day, Sir Semetres."

She was willing to grasp every chance of success they could take for that single “success.”

Tl;dr:
+ Seven suggests to set the forest behind the group on fire to make it more difficult to traverse and force them to pursue one direction while they escape.
+ Seven also makes the request for a Catalyst she can use to further her healing capability for the duration of the campaign

Konpaku.Youmu.600.2125213.jpg

After a journey of tracking, and traversing through the wilderness, it seemed their quarry had made its general direction known. The loud screams of the scout filled the air, prompting the war maiden to stand from observing the tracks imprinted on the drizzled ground. Turning her peripherals towards the failing echoes as the soldiers life came to its end.

Raising her hand, she gestured a halt to at least the two soldiers that were with her, tensing now with attention. “Steady.” She muttered softly, “Remember, the destiny of two countries depend on us. Whatever happens this night will determine their fate.”

Expressionless, she closed her eyes, and sighed. Dropping her hand before turning to Finn once the screaming had subsided. “It is an honor to fight along side you once again, Finn.” Giving him a nod, but upon noticing his concerned features, she drew her katana, “Shed your worry my friend, we did not come this far to fail. These servants of death intend to drive the people of these lands to ruin. And we will indeed, succeed.”

She remembered her father, a benefactor of war, and the last words he exchanged with him about the nature of humanity destined to a perpetual state of bloodshed. She hated him. And this was her chance to prove that monster wrong. He was likely watching, somewhere, somehow.

“Right. M'lady, if I may..” She said, addressing Regula clearing out some fallen leaves on the ground with her foot. Then drawing out a formation on the dirt. “..Finn, is likely the most robust of us here, perhaps he could take the front. Myself, in the middle perhaps with my two soldiers, swords drawn for close-quarters..” she then nodded to both Regula and Rowan, “..lady Regula from afar, and.. Rowan is it?” She asked but quickly nodded, “..perform your defensive magic on whoever might need it."

"My only other plan would be to send Finn in, and take cover amongst the trees and improvise as they reveal their hand, however, these are only my suggestions, change it however you see fit,..” She turned to look out towards Regula, as she used her enchanted boots to reveal any further details about their opponents, “..whatever we decide, must be swift, otherwise, we risk them making the first move.” She seemed eager, resisting the urge to pace, so she entertained some details about herself. "I excel in middle ranged combat as you know, however, I can close a gap swiftly. I fight for the people, and their struggles, give me strength on this night."

Regula
Mentions: Aria RavenSong RavenSong | Finn Orikanyo Orikanyo | Rowan slifer37 slifer37 | 2x Fae Scout & 4x Imperials D. Rex D. Rex

With the feedback from her Tremorsense coming in, she got a bit bit more of a grasp on their enemies. “There are about 15, maybe a bit more if some are staying perfectly still. At least one of them seems to be on horseback. They've also got a few rather large and heavy folk. I'd be able to learn more if they started running, but they are stopped for now.”

She clicked her tongue. “I doubt they'd be staying still for long, so we should try to cross the distance as fast as possible. I'm fairly confident I can keep up with them, but I won't be able to stop them alone... Perhaps I can bring you along using an ability I learned a while back, which opens a small dimension outside of this one. I planned to use it to store spare weapons and gear, but it would fit a person. I'm not sure if the conditions in there are survivable-though. (Gotta wait for D. Rex D. Rex approval on that one) Otherwise, I'd rather not go through the thick of the forest. They might've laid traps there, as it's suspicious to me that they aren't already trying to run from us. Perhaps they'll try to lure us in.”

Like Aria, she felt a bit restless. “I wish we had the skills to remain undetected, but without that, I feel like our best chance is to try to hit them hard and fast. How about we at least start moving in a bit closer whilst talking? We can't risk having them get away, not while they're so close.”

Finnegan
c66bd9ea480e0f52bc1d867bb72447b8.jpg
"If thats the case, why not go for it. We may not be able to remain undetected, but we can choose who they see first..." Finn looks over the others and nods. "Send me in first, i'm tough enough as is, good armor and i'm able to try and survive whatever comes my way.

If they have me as a target first, it may bait out a big attack... My equipment may become damaged, but if I have some magical protection, I will definitly survive. I've seen Rowan capable of such, it may be the turning point. For survive those large attacks from our target... Sufice to say, I am offering myself as bait.

Trust me, I'm plenty able to make them want to harm me." The man gave a nod, looking like he was certain in a trick that would work.

"Rowan! How long do those shields of your last? You have ones that lay on folks yea? Think you can give us that buffer? May save our lives if yea keep that up." ( slifer37 slifer37

The young knight let out a big sigh. "I was hopeing to go see if I can hunt a dragon, but then this all came up... I'll call this proper training, can't go into that half cocked of course hahaha!" He laughed, offering himself as bait and he laughed. One might say, perhaps, this was a thing with stress. But in truth, he seemed more or less... Happy?

Not so much happy to die, but like he was holding the prospect of death at arms reach. "So! Send me out, i'll draw attention the best way I knoe how and you all blast away when their guards against me.

Just be sure to drag me out if they got me flat on my ass eh? Hahahah!"

Rowan Thorn
rowan.jpg

Rowan wasn't sure how the hell she had gotten here- maybe it was the fact that she was more honorable then she liked. When she had heard of Semetres- and his plan to start war- it filled her with a rage- a rage that this asshole would let so many people die for what? Power? Because his penis was too small and he needed validation? No matter his reasoning- which would only be even mildly acceptable if he was trying to save the world- he needed to be stopped, before more bodies started piling up. She technically was on the Imperial side, but personally, she wasn't on any real side- and if the Imperial side screwed her over, she could just climb over to the Fae side just as fast.

A scream split the air, making Rowan grit her teeth- their sneaking advantage gone in an instant. Shit, they had been found out, and so audibly as well! Thankfully, she didn't have to choose who to barrier as the scream of the fallen soldier filled the air. On one hand, his death meant they were in the right area. The bad news was it alerted Semetres and whomever was helping him to their location. Instead of 11 in their group there was 10- enough so everyone got the benefit of a thick barrier. "My name is Rowan Thorn. I do cast barriers, as said by Finn, hello by the way, but I can help with mobility as well. I don't only make barriers- I can use them to make stairs- which if we need to, we can go around the back and go up quite high and into the trees if they attempt to flee." She seemed lighter and more easygoing on introduction, especially since she at least knew Finn.

So she acted- doing what she knew she could do best for the group- giving them some protection. "Don't worry Finn, anything I make last for quite a few hours, and I can cast barriers on everyone in the party currently. I can recast them pretty quickly if I'm nearby, so if you break them, I can put another one up. In terms of the infected woman...I agree that we might not be able to kill her. We might have to seal her off somewhere, whether it be by my barriers or by other means- considering my barriers do not last a whole day. We don't know how she spreads the disease- and it may spread faster once she dies. Containment is key, if killing isn't. I wholeheartedly agree, if we cannot kill, then we have to absolutely destroy her instead. Maybe if we trap her and burn her alive? Semetres- we do what we must to stop him." It might have sounded callous, but Rowan slipped into the hardened side as they were talking, knowing they had to complete their mission, or everything would go south very quickly.

Each person in the group including Rowan (PC and NPC) would have their own little bubble of magic pressed as tightly to them as possible- not perfectly skintight like regular amour-looking like a puffy monster in a magenta-pink-purplely barrier- but it would save people from the more vicious attack- negating as much of an attack as possible so whatever other protection they had could soak it up. (Mage Armor 3- D Grade- 1 Post Cooldown) "I'm on board with the plan. I gave you my most powerful barrier, so it should negate hopefully some of the damage it gets. I would suggest letting it soak up damage. I can cast pretty quickly, but they'll break if you cast outward. I'm so close to making them more selective. After the war, I suppose."

• Mage Armour 3- Stronger Mage Armour- Magic Affinity C, Barrier D, Magic Range E, Energize D, Duration D, Targets D, AOE F,- D Grade- 1 Post- Mage Armour, but stronger and covers more people.

Last edited:
Regula

After a deep breath and a shiny barrier, it was time to set their plans in motion. “Alright, I'll drop you closer to the enemies. I'll try to encircle them, so we'll come from a side they won't expect. Everyone, please scoot together a bit.” She directed everyone together like a photographer trying to take a group picture of a bunch of kids on energy drink. Once everyone was put nice and tight in the [Pocket Dimension E], it was time for her to get to work.

Using her boots to their fullest with [Boots of Hermes], she was able to start off a quick sprint. Expecting her enemies to keep their eyes on the direction of where the fallen soldier had shouted from, she made sure to encircle them for as far as she could, going around them in a wide circle at top speed so that they could later approach them from the opposite side (or as close to that as she'd get). The forest wouldn't slow her down too much and her [tremorsense] would keep her updated with any movements her enemy might make. Using it to her advantage, she tried getting closer as she went through the forest to find a good vantage point. It was only on the last leg of the journey that she slowed down a bit and let everyone out again. Upon noticing others in this area through tremorsense, she was quick to use [Muffle] (at C Grade) to hide some of the noise she'd make going as fast as she was.

She'd made very sure that they were still a fair distance away from the enemy, not wishing to take any risks. She'd then whisper. “Alright, I suggest me and Aria move in from one side, whilst Finn and Rowan move in separately. The rest of you can slowly make your ways over to them from here after giving us a little bit of a head-start.” She'd also whisper out the latest locations of enemies that she'd sensed through her tremorsense, just to safe. (OOC, gonna need D. Rex D. Rex again to say what she could tell them and fill in the blanks here.)

With the enemy getting closer, it was likely only a matter of who'd spot who first (although her tremorse at least told her where to look). With some luck, she'd find a spot from which to fire at them with maximum range, as the only thing that prevented her from opening fire was a lacking of line of sight.

Regula CD:
  • E-Grade: 0/1
    Pocket Dimension E - 10ft radius – 3 metre

Gun CD:
  • C-Grade: 0/3
    Muffle – Magic Affinity C, Silencing Affinity C, Magic Range D, Magic Targets D – Muffles the sounds of targets - Grade C – 3 Post Cooldown.

Boots CD:
  • B-Grade: 0/4
    Boots of Hermes – Fast B, Jumping B, Water Speed B, Special Movements F: Wall Running, Wall Bouncing, Ceiling Bouncing, Uneven Terrain Running, Ledge Running – No matter the terrain, the user can traverse it quickly and with some impressive jumping to top it off. - Grade B – 4 Post Cooldown
  • D-Grade: 1/2
    Tremorsense D - 1000ft radius – 304 meter.

Last edited:
< ○ • SEVEN • ○ >
zwRHxxn.jpg

How beautiful.

The night—that was. The moon glowed a lovely white upon the dotted canvas of blue—though any repetition of previously waxed poetics was redundant at best. As much as it was tedious to have walked all the way over from whence she’d arrived with her wings and tiny feet, a part of her found reason to see the moment at hand as more than desirable for her overall goals.

And she was willing to sacrifice everything for that.

It appeared as though the spymaster held much faith in the kitsune man and her—a bird, as silly it had sounded. Regardless of any actual standing she might have truly had at that very moment, any opportunity that she could take was better than having none at all.

"Certainly, Sir Semetres, the lot of us should be prepared to address the incoming threat, though I believe it would be wise of us to also escape further into the forest ahead." The bird answered calmly to the man of intimidating aura, for that was the nature that seemed most beneficial to present in that moment if she truly desired his listening ear. "If we set the forest behind us ablaze, it may make it difficult for them to pursue us in the danger of the pyre while we continue to move and prepare—both to ensnare and ambush them with the trap at the Foxman's advice as well as to clarify their decisions. Perhaps we could cast these flames in multiple directions of travel to cast confusion in our direction of escape.

I am certain, however, that you would know the best approach, Sir Semetres."

How curious of these individuals to pursue them in the woods. Did they truly see this cause as so detrimental to their desires? Whatever the case would be, ’Success’ was not a woman so tame as to allow herself to simply submit into the hands of those who desired her. They could not allow her dance to end with her in their embrace.

"Ah, and if it wouldn't be so difficult of me to ask, I would like to request but a single, simple accommodation:

A Magic Catalyst." She cooed out. "I may be reliable as a healer capable to resurrect the dead, but there have been little to none willing to accommodate a bird of my nature without any a trade of benefits." It was in many people's best interests not to trust monsters, after all. "For the case of the moment of our now, however, it would be in our best interest to optimize my capacity to respond to more potentials of risk. We especially cannot risk your loss for the sake of this operation at the end of the day, Sir Semetres."

She was willing to grasp every chance of success they could take for that single “success.”

Tl;dr:
+ Seven suggests to set the forest behind the group on fire to make it more difficult to traverse and force them to pursue one direction while they escape.
+ Seven also makes the request for a Catalyst she can use to further her healing capability for the duration of the campaign

Mitsunari

He thought that in his his travels he had seen...everything, but their company had a talking bird in its service and that was something that he had not yet seen before. It was peculiar and curious, but he would have to investigate that later. For now the bird had a sound strategy and then a request to make of those present. "A catalyst?" He echoed with a smile while he looked over the bird. His ogres chuckled along with him, the group laughing to themselves. It could talk so why wouldn't it be able to use magic, that just made sense. While he was skeptic about this, Mitsunari did have a a catalyst to spare, somehow. He'd gained the ability to cast magic without his catalyst and he could only attribute that to his growth in magical prowess. He had wanted to test the limits of his new ability and this was the perfect time to. "Here, you may use one of mine." The fox offered as he pulled the necklace up over his head.

"I like the idea of starting a fire as well." He declared while the jewel glinted in the moonlight and swung in the air. He held the necklace out for the bird to take, and was very curious to see how it planned to utilize the catalyst.

Etymarchen Etymarchen D. Rex D. Rex

• Kitsune's Eye (Magic Catalyst) - B - Usually worn around Mitsunari's neck, this gemstone acts as his magic catalyst, as well as a stylish accessory.
    5c6604c5af8622d5a9e9081c0b6caeca.jpg

< ○ • SEVEN • ○ >
zwRHxxn.jpg

Though at first the fox man (and his ogres) would chuckle at the bird’s proposition, it seemed he was more than willing to be compliant of her request.

And for the first time in this forsaken world, it seemed she was finally going to be able to use a catalyst of her own!! Even if it wasn’t permanent, she was finally going to be able to use a catalyst without sharing it with somebody else!!

With the bobbing raises of her head, the bird raised her wings upward—wings flapping happily as she would finally be able to grab her tiny little talons onto—really, any sort of magic wielding device—

Finally…Finally…! Finally!!!

A Catalyst—! A Catalyst she could wield for herself—a Catalyst that would have allowed her the chance to truly demonstrate the power of her healing—

“Why—I thank you for your accommodation, Cunning Fox Man, Sir—! Happening upon your gratuity in mind, I realize that it would only be courteous that I ask of your name. Certainly—“

As she attempted to put the necklace on, it was course, was also too large in its circumference to actually fit around the bird. Her tiny head easily slung right through the band that, while made to comfortably wrap around a human neck, was definitely not made to fit around a tiny bird her size. The catalyst, as well, was also far foo big for her to comfortably carry.

The bird stared at the necklace in uncomfortable silence.

“…Uhhhh…um. Y-Your contribution…has been greatly apprecia…”

She would, once again, loop straight through the necklace band. And again, and again, and again, and again. Embarrassed as she was, it was undeniable that she struggled with wearing—let alone carrying the catalyst. How the bird would squawk at the realization that people were seeing her struggles…

“Th-this…um…i-it’s just one minor setback…!!” she squabbled out. “W-We should hurry up and go set the forest on fire already!! Time is ticking, after all!!”

Tl;dr:
+ **struggling noises to wear catalyst because tiny**

Semetres listened to suggestion of the two fae, and their affirmations that they were indeed ready. He gave them a silent nod as he stared out into the forest, back the way from where they had come. It was after they had so generously exchanged tools of the trade that they he spoke.

"Yes..." he said softly, the softness of a cloth that hid a razor within, "Yes, I too like that idea." Something about the tone of his voice suggested there was a hint of a smile behind his mask.

While there was no vocal cues, there was a coldness to his eyes that suggested the smile faded as he looked down at the floundering bird. "You were said to be very useful, Seven. Do not ruin the weight if their word by showing incompetence before we even begin. This task is too important, should one of us fall behind, then they must be left behind. Time is of the essence."

He bent down to pick her and the catalyst up. "I expect you to impress." Semetres told her, shifting his gaze briefly to Mitsunari. "Both of you. We know the enemy is near. That they have caught up to us this quickly shows they either have dumb luck, or clever tricks. We will not count on the former."

With a gesture of his free hand, he ordered the soldiers with them to move. They needed little convincing, given the topic of forest fire was on the table. They all all started off in a jog, with the horse at a slow trot to keep with their pace.

"Expect anything. Report everything. And protect the package at all costs."

With that, he raised his free hand, held it to the side where he pointed a finger, and the glove he wore began to glow.

It started as a pinprick of light. A tiny red dot in the air but from it erupted a billowing cloud of fire as if it had come straight from the mouth of a dragon. Fire of brilliant yellow and orange, and roaring like a proper fire should. It blasted forth well out of the small clearing and into the woods, forcing its way through every tree and branch and bit of brush, bathing it all in flame, everything it touched catching light.

But it did not stop. He swept his hand across the clear in a wide, directing the inferno across the woods and the way back and beyond. By the time the flames dwindled from his fingertip, it had been only seconds, yet a full-blown forest fire had been started. Leaving those in that clearing to feel the brunt of its heat and light.

"Let's move." He said. And without any further ceremony, he started up the trail with the others. Seven still im hand, if she did not fly off.

Ability Used:
Dragons Breath D
Fire Domain D, Magic D, Fire Affinity D, Spreading Affinity D, Blight Affinity D, Contagion Affinity D, Accurate Affinity D, Penetratimg Affinity D, Continuing D, Selective D, Range D (100ft), Area D (100ft), Energized D

Grade D
Cooldown: 1 post (energized)

Simulates the infamous breath of a fire dragon. A horrible flame that will burn anything in its path, and spread the damage far beyond its initial casting zone.

Etymarchen Etymarchen LadyOfStars LadyOfStars

Regula, Finn, Aria, Rowan.

Regula was able to carry the group to her destination without issue, where everyone would disembark as they wish. The scouts, fae and imperial, did not quite wish to stay inside linger than necessary. But their haste did not keep them from employing caution. They made no sounds upon setting themselves at the ready, each choosing a tree or bush for cover and began looking and listening for any danger.

Thankfully, Regula was ahead of them. Due to her tremorsense and muffins spell she had been able to avoid any notice. Aside from the vibrations of small things she suspected were animals, she could detect three other parties moving. Each in pairs. The closest one not but a few hundred feet away, they seemed none the wiser. But the main enemy party seemed to finally be on the move.

Then...

There was a flash. In the dark of the forest they could see it from even here. Not just a flash, but light, bright and shining. Burning... it was in the distance still, Regula would be able to feel the force of a blast of something sweep through the forest where the enemy party had been. She could feel the tremors of branches and trees breaking. The crackling of brush on fire on fire, and thousands upon thousands of leaves and needles twisting in unison like some sort of wave on the forest floor. Not but moments would she then feel other activity. Almost too much. Everything living in the area coming awake to the danger and fleeing. Both on the ground and below it.

It was a very good thing that they had moved.

They were not the only ones to notice, however. While faint within the ruckus now stirred up, those other parties distant from the main enemy had apparently saw it too. They were on the move as well, quickening their pace. North.

Elvario Elvario Orikanyo Orikanyo slifer37 slifer37 RavenSong RavenSong

Seiaktsu Mitsunari

Fire to rival that of a dragon. When the flames burst forth, Mitsunari raised his arm to shield his eyes from the brightness of the fire. It was an incredibly powerful spell and he could only imagine what else their employer might be capable of. As he watched the flames spread and consume the forest, Mtisunari looked up to his ogres. "We will stay close to the woman and horse." If Semetres' fire show was a hint at what he could do, then they would not have to do much to protect him from the enemy and now that the healer was in possession of a catalyst, he would be much more difficult to kill.

With the group now moving, Mitsunari started forward, walking as quickly as his condition would allow him to. The Ogres stayed close by his side and together they encircled the vessel and her mount. He was curious to see what she would become, how she would make their goal a reality. But now was not the time to be dazzled by forces he could not understand, they were being hunted. "Our goal here is to survive and to escape so when the enemy shows their face, give them hell." The ogres always enjoyed when they could let loose and not worry about Mitsunari's schemes and machinations. Now they were being let of their leashes to deal with the enemy however they please and that meant that they could eat them if they wished to. Each ogre wore a grin as they marched through the blazing forest, eager to start the bloodshed.

D. Rex D. Rex Etymarchen Etymarchen

Regula
Mentions: Aria RavenSong RavenSong | Finn Orikanyo Orikanyo | Rowan slifer37 slifer37 | 2x Fae Scout & 4x Imperials D. Rex D. Rex | Seven Etymarchen Etymarchen | Mitsunari LadyOfStars LadyOfStars

Things had heated up fast. Very fast. Also very literally. Even though she'd brought the group to their destination without too much issue, but the last bit of information she'd got through her tremorsense before it faded was truly disturbing. She whispered it to inform the others. “Seems like they torched the forest behind them and collectively started to head north. We won't have much time.”

She clicked her tongue, if she wished to be a leader, this is where she'd have to show some leadership qualities. “Finn, you wanted to go in first? Go a little south-west from here and you'll run into them head-first. I suggest you have Rowan back you up, as they've got very serious fire power. Aria and I can go even further west so we can engage from a distance and aren't all huddled together. It's clear his fire-power is insane, so we'll be doomed if he manages to sweep it across all of us in one go.” The scouts are moving as well, so we should try not to get attacked from behind. She looked at the imperials. “If the four of you move a bit east, you should be able to intercept the enemy scouts there. Perhaps if you're silent enough, you'll be able to catch them off guard.” She then looked to the two Fae. “If the two of you can move to the north-west, you might be able to take the forwards scouts by surprise by coming up from behind them. That'd also prevent them turning around and attacking me and Aria in the back instead.” With as little time as they had, that was her best plan. “May the gods be with us all.” She wasn't all that religious, but at this point the saying was fitting.

[Action 1] As her tremorsense ran out, she realised she lost her ability to keep track of everyone trough-out the treelines. Deciding it was worth trying to keep up with enemy positions, she activated the tremorsense once more, though at a lesser area this time around (C-Grade).

[Action 2, move.] She would proceed to move as planned, trying to stay somewhat silent so that Finn would be the first to engage the enemy. However, the moment she was spotted or the moment the enemies were to spot Finn or another of her allies, she would engage them.

[Action 3, Attack Ability.] With the enemy actively engaged, she'd start off strong, using a [Multi-target Weakening Explosive Silenced Combustion Shot] (and realising she'd need to name her attacks better). Were she to spot the enemy horse (either through sight or tremorsense), she'd fire upon the animal as well, aiming at its legs to try to hit it without killing whomever was upon it), as the sole horse was very suspicious and she wouldn't be surprised if it carried an enemy leader or perhaps even the biochemical weapon (person) they were after (Target 1). Her first focus was on the ogres, who's red colour, large size and heavy steps would make them the easiest to target. She'd aim for the heads and torso's where possible (Targets 2-11). Her next targets were any enemies that'd stand out (Seikatsu, Semetress) as she didn't wish to risk giving any potentially strong opponents a head-start on her, she'd aim for their heads, torso's and legs (Targets 12-17). If she were to spot the bird from where she was at, she'd also target that one, as a random bird on an enemy shoulder was suspicious enough to wish to err on the side of caution (Target 18). The remaining targets (and any of the prior ones that wouldn't be fire-able at the intended targets) were aimed at the torso's of whichever of the enemy soldiers were nearest to her out of the dozen our so (Targets 19-25, as well as earlier target that would be impossible.)

Regula CD:
  • E-Grade: 1/1

Gun CD:
  • B-Grade:
    Multi-target Weakening Explosive Silenced Combustion Shot
    – Magic Affinity B, Combustion Affinity B, Silencing Affinity B, Magic Range C, Magic Targets C, Area of Effect F, Weaken [Vitality] F, gun-type weapon.
    Character uses combustion magic to fire multiple bullets from their gun at once whilst also using magic to dampen the sounds of firing it.
    [Range C] works at a target within 1000 feet (304 metres) of range.
    [Magic Targets C] Able to hit up to 25 targets.
    [Area of Effect F] cause a 10 feet radius explosion within the spread range of the gun.
    [Weaken Vitality F] weakens vitality by 1 grade upon impact.
    - Grade B – 4 Post Cooldown.
  • C-Grade: 1/3

Boots CD:
  • B-Grade: 1/4
  • C-Grade: 0/3
    Tremorsense – C - 1 mile radius – 1.6 kilometre
  • D-Grade: 2/2

4B7A2FD89AD8D3AC8CCD8DF1BFE7BBFC5E91A5CD.gif

Aria, crawled out of Regulas [Pocket Dimension], peeking her head out and looking around briefly before doing so, “Hmm, fascinating trick.” She remarked before quickly crouching down, taking cover behind some brush when her eyes spotted the fiery light some distance away.

“I see..” She said, pondering their next course of action, then turned around when Regula clicked her tongue. Aria looked at her, then back towards the light as she explained their best course of action, nodding occasionally at certain important details. Turning around to the Imperials and Fae soldiers among them, she nodded. “..we have no time to waste. You have your orders, see them through, and fear no darkness.” [Leadership F]

Breaking the breifing, Aria stood, certain more than ever of her cause. Making a fist as hints of doubt trickled into her psyche. The fires appeared immense, even as far as they were.

Holding onto the handle of one of the two katanas fastened to her side she ran as swiftly and as quietly as she could behind Regula. If she’d notice anyone, she’d point it out, and engage only after Regulas firearm barrage would cease and Finn was actively engaging their opponents. [Action 1. Movement]
--
Once in active combat, and distracted from Finn’s efforts, Aria would dash forward, drawing her sword before sprinting straight to where the enemy was mentioned to be. Upon arrival, and a quick assesment, she’d get within range, emitting a strange mist-like aura, using Ethereal Arrest on the horse where the infected was sure to be placed upon. [Action 2. Ability]
  • Ethereal Arrest - Fighting Style [Swords E] - [Incapacitating F] - [Teleport F] - [Steady Hands E] - [Focus F] - [Energized E] - Aria teleports to her target, striking a weak point to immobilize it. - Grade E - 0 Cooldown [Energized E]
--
After throwing the incapacitating dagger, her sights would turn towards a very strikingly handsome opponent, with tails following his wake, and likely the one responsible for the five fiendish ogres spotted earlier. Aria wouldn’t hesitate, as she pulled another dagger from the knife garter around her thigh. “On guard, beast!!”

• Warp Blades - Fighting style - [Swords F] - Continuous (Bleed) - Fighting Style - [Throwing Daggers D] - Range E 30ft - Blight F (Ethereal) - Steady Hands D - Teleport F 10 ft - Teleports with a dagger in hand, re appearing within 10 ft of target throwing her dagger as her body spins to gain momentum for a follow up strike with her sword. - Grade D - 1 post cooldown [Energized D]

Rowan Thorn​
(This is a mini post so Nova's rulings don't wreck the party.)

Rowan stepped out from the pocket dimension, surveying the scene. Evidently, the enemy had some insane firepower- and that wasn't even a pun. Shit, everyone had started to attack, which meant the barriers wouldn't be needed right now. She was a fast caster though, she could protect herself even when everyone else's barriers were dropped.

Rowan dropped the barrier on everyone, before casting Personal Barrier Dome/Wall on herself, making a small personal little dome around her- nice and relatively cool, even as the freaking fire off in the distance threatened to heat up the area significantly. She stayed where she was, as she couldn't move and cast. She would move when she could, even if it wasn't following Finn as suggested/ordered by Aria, following someone so she wasn't by herself. Hopefully they didn't leave her far behind, as they seemed to be much more powerful than she was, considering how much more they could do (and considering how nerfed God had made her). IT would do them all well to mostly stick together so they could help each other stay alive, and achieve their goal.

• Personal Barrier Wall/Dome- D, Barrier D, Magic Range E, Energize D, Magic Duration E, Magic Targets D, Control Environment F: 5 domes/walls are given to individuals- 10 10x10 barriers are divided among 5 people so each have a 20ft by 20ft dome/wall- D Grade- 1 Post

Finnegan
54ab08e1168ca6bd5fe31d0783c67cbd.jpg

"...well... Time to do this..."

Finn would crack his shoulders, sitting in a pocket dimension with so many people was.. tight to say the least, even if it was for a very short time it was abit cramped to be sure. Wouldn't say it would be his go to form of travel henceforth. But... Well... he was here now. Really what else could he do? Shit around here and play dumb brute? The.. light on yonder was.. troubling... It lit up the sky even..

Regula was pointing that way.. So.. he should move along that way as well? No, no.. This way, for certain, different way and abit toward the lights, that should work to get to the road right?

Bugger.. Damn woods were annoying to traverse... The knight began his march through the woods, shuffling and bustling, before he popped out onto the road, he glanced around, eyeing the road and then looked up it towards the folks ahead.

Then the burning forest... Huh...

"...Yea know, thats gonna cause alotta trouble for the folks who live around here!" Finn yelled up the road to the suppoused enemies, he would approach lightly, giving a small wave. "You lot know where the nearest city is there? Been lost for awhile, certainly spooky to hear some yellin and fire around, yea lot think yea can be a little careful? Folks like my dumbass might've been wandering around here! Coulda been hurt!" Finnegan yelled to the bunch ahead, the light of the fires nearby lighting him up a shade of orange.

"..So yea lot gonna tell me how to get outta here or look all spooky over there? Come on now I don't bite I barely got a clue where I am! Serves jme right for not hiring a guide, that said, ya'll should be careful theres beasts around somethin' big and fierce!

Owbears, Giant Spiders, Killer Rabbits.

Say whats the deal with the rabbits anyhow? Think they grew like that cause they were tired of everything else eating them?

I would be quite miffed myself.

Oi, wait, that bird... is that you Seven? Dare say it's been a little bit ey? I know that plumage anywhere! Glad to see your still kickin, though yer friend is awefully tense lookin'!" He was yelling up a storm, looking to be as lackadaisical as ever with his appearance, all but yelling to the folks over yonder like a fellow meeting a bunch of friends on the trail between two towns. Seven... he knew of her healing prowess... and it seems she had a strange necklace on...? Was it a catalyst...? he doubted there would be any other reason to have a necklace on...

if she can cast magic herself... it meant attacking this lot would be only harder...

...So old friends and new enemies... Great.. he wanted his life to be simple..

Either way, he had a reputation, surely somebody would know of him... he hadn't any bad reputation for trouble or sneaky business after all.

Skill use:

Lucky F ( 1/2)

Titles used:
Chatty: This person is known for talking a great deal
[Attention Hog] - character has a tendency to grab attention in whatever scene they are in. Whether it is the way they speak, present themselves, or the things they do, those in the area will have not choice but to take notice. Character inherently has an easier time gaining the attention of those they wish to be noticed by. Character has a greater hardship in going unnoticed or stealthy in situations calling for it.
Stalwart: This title is of recognition of your actions, you are a vanguard and are a great help to those in need. You are unwavering and determined. People will see you in a better light, your hard work pays off.
Anchor: character regularly picks up the slack left by others. Character is prone to being abused or getting paired with individuals that rely on him too much. Character will find their life to be a bitter cycle of improving self just to drag more and more deadweight.
Actions used: Move, Move, Talk

Last edited:
< ○ • SEVEN • ○ >
zwRHxxn.jpg

“Ah, but, Semetres, Sir.” She turned her head towards the man. “My pride would much prefer to call this a point of predictability from the enemy. But it, too, can be an advantage.”

Birds were not known for their expressive ability, as another had once stated. The most that she could allow to emit from her voice was an empty cheeriness.

“Perhaps if we were to see them, your great flames could blind them before they realize it otherwise,” she giggled, “though I suppose that would be more of wishful thinking than anything else.”

Eventually, a familiar blond man (Finn) would approach, Seven only stared at him as he continued to speak, turning her head to whisper into Semetres’s ear quietly, softly:

“I believe our enemies has caught up to us. I have met this man prior. This act of talking our ears off is one he has pulled multiple times previously. It is generally a ploy to distract others from what his allies are attempting to do while his enemy is unaware.”

Singing a short elegy beneath her breath she gazed towards the man whom had arrived.

And she allowed her flowers to blossom—directing them around his mouth and throat [Action 1&2: Aim, Cast]. She had no desire to hear his chatterboxing this time around—not when she recalled the purpose of the last time he had attempted such a thing.

Action 3: Atropa Belladonna E (CD: 1 Post)
(Magic E | Flower Affinity F | Magic Range F | Spell Duration F)
Singing an ominous elegy, Seven will create poisonous black flowers of poisonous effects that will last for 60 seconds. 10 ft. max. distance.

“Ah, goodness, my voice slipped for a moment. My apologies,” she stated cheerfully, glancing to the spymaster, “He is a powerful and fully fledged warrior of powerful defenses, great swordsmanship, and great, fast speed. I would not place it beyond these so-called ‘Peacekeepers’ to hire him or other equally or more competent warriors for their bidding.

But by the assumption that he is indeed with the Peacekeepers, he was not this fast the last I’d met him. It is likely he has allies that are of greater speed than him. If he is here, it is likely that his allies are within close-enough range such that they are nearby. After all, if they had no reason to be concerned over their range from the beginning, they wouldn’t need to send that scout to arrive closer in their place, nor would that scout need to shout so loudly towards one direction.

Tl;dr:
+ Suggestion to Semetres: blind/stun the enemy with the intensity of his flames should they appear.

+ Actions: 1. aim, 2. cast, 3. spellcast 60s Magic E, Flower Aff. spell on finn;

+ Inform to Semetres: finn is likely distracting them and likely has allies faster than him in the area or allies that are just as competent as him

Cooldowns:
60s + E grade (0/1)

Last edited:
Etymarchen Etymarchen Orikanyo Orikanyo LadyOfStars LadyOfStars

The moment Finn entered onto the trail and called attention to himself, everyone turned to face him. Weapons at the ready, even Semetres had his hand up, ready to do whatever it was that Semetres did. If his goal was to distract... well he defintly got their attention... and judging from the way they were looking at him, that might not be a good thing...

Finn was definitely able to get some words off. And hopefully... it wasn't in vain.

slifer37 slifer37 Elvario Elvario RavenSong RavenSong

Back in the forest... Rowan remained where she was as everyone exited the pocket dimension. Lowering the shield in preparation for the attack after Finn headed off for the distraction, and Regula and Aria headed east a short distance. The scout group splitting up to try and track down the enemy patrols.

There was still a long distance between Regula and the enemy. But even so, tremorsense would give no doubts as to their location. She could feel them walking, all of them. Given their numbers, this should be easy. Even firing on the move, without aiming, the planned attack wouldn't need accuracy.

Her finger on the trigger... she fired.

As if on queue, Aria launched herself forward through the brush. In the dark she teleported swiftly to the smoky figure, stabbing it with a solid "thunk", only to move to the next in the ink of an eye. And once more her dagger flew true, leaving a rustle upon impact.

At the same time... explosions. A series of them, ripping not but thirty, fifty, eighty feet way. A line of them. Enough to illuminate the area around Aria showing her the extent of her damage... a fallen tree shaped vaguely like a horse... and bush, with tendril of smoke drifting nearby. There was noone here. She was in the middle of the woods.

The explosions finally ceased, leaving a trail of destruction in its wake. The forest had been thick. And while the trajectory was true, far too many trees were in between Regula and the enemy party. It was clear, she had not gotten close enough before pulling the trigger. Being not but about a couple handful of meters from where she had let everyone go from the pocket dimension, and Rowan still in view.

This... probably could have gone better. They needed to get much closer... hopefully it wasn't too late.

War Party
Everyone Everyone

A sound of thunder came from behind them. Those who turned their head to look just missing the flashes of light of the explosions themselves. But the sound was obvious. It had come from somewhere up ahead.

"The enemy must have engaged our forward scouts... it is safe to assume we are being surrounded... seems you were right, Seven
."

"Kill this man. They are at your command, Mitsunari. I'll deal with this other development." Semetres said in a coldly amused voice. Seven, at least, didn't need any command to take the initiative. But she talked way too much... and her attack... well. Apparently Seven had some issue with depth perception. Finn was too far away for it to connect.

While the bird cast her magic, Semetres turned his back on Finn and raised his hand to the sky. A single pinprick of light grew in his palm to the size of a fist then shot straight into the sky, breaking off into thousands of brilliant balls of flame. Each flame sprouting wings like birds made of fire, diving into the forests all around them.

Everywhere one landed, exploded in a great burst of fire. One after another, after another. Lighting up everything as if it were day, fire pouring from the sky as if a volcano had just erupted. Save for the patch around them, the forest 1000ft around them had become a sea of fire.

"Lets see them approach now... if any are still alive."

WARNING: C Grade attack incoming.
Elvario Elvario RavenSong RavenSong slifer37 slifer37

You are in range of this fire magic attack. You need to defend or evade.

Orikanyo Orikanyo : You are being attacked by Seven... who just squirts something that doesn't even get close to you. And there are a dozen soldiers and five ogres between you and Semetres. Also a fox man.

Tldr:
Finn was able to grab the attention of the war party. Regula's attack failed from her distance, and Aria hit only foliage, nowhere near the war party. Seven called Finns bluff and cast a spell on him, while Semetres is casting a fire spell on the surrounding 1000ft of forest.

(Narrator explanation. My apologies to Elvario and Raven. Combat rules begin at the start of a combat post, thusly you did not have free movement. And both engaged combat. While we can also not use trigger words such as "if this then that", it at least fit what happened. Such language will be ignored in the future. As Finn did not have a combat post, he was able to move freely. And it was a good thing he did. If he had not used Lucky, the explosions would have been noticed and Semetres' attack would have been much worse and localized in that general direction. As well, if Rowan had not lowered the Barrier, Regula would have been blasted to smithereens by her own attack.

Ety is not blameless either. Seven talked way to much in her combat post. As such penalties would be applied to her attack due to lack of focus, if it hit. Which it doesn't, because Finn is about 50ft back. Swing and a miss.)

1665330592635.pngSeikatsu Mitsunari

It seemed the enemy was making their move as a blond knight stepped forward and began to yell continuously. He was no doubt a distraction of sorts and he did a good job as Mitsunari found it difficult to look away from the man, that was until he heard would he could only assume were explosions. They were loud but sounded distant which meant this knight's allies were not within reach to save him. But the knight was not with Mitsunari's reach either. As Semetres created yet another fire, Mitsunari focused on the task that he had been given. Killing the knight.

"You three. Bring me his head." The fox commanded of the ogres. Without hesitation and with clear hunger, three of the red giants rushed forward and split up to encircle Finn. With their blades drawn, the three brutes would strike at Finn; two of them swinging their blades horizontally and the other swinging downward to cut the man in half. Mitsunari was not as reckless as the ogres and took his time making his approach. He moved forward at least 20 paces, hoping to put Finn within range of his magic.

Actions:
1. Ogres move 2.Ogres attack Finn
1. Mitsunari moves within 30ft of Finn.

Orikanyo Orikanyo D. Rex D. Rex Etymarchen Etymarchen

Last edited:
Regula
Mentions: Aria RavenSong RavenSong | Finn Orikanyo Orikanyo | Rowan slifer37 slifer37 | 2x Fae Scout & 4x Imperials D. Rex D. Rex | Seven Etymarchen Etymarchen | Mitsunari LadyOfStars LadyOfStars

With her hatred for trees made clear and the fire-birds incoming, Regula had to think fast. As a result, her only real idea was to try shooting them down. That option was gone when she realised she wouldn't have enough fire-power to counter anything too strong (above D-grade) and that this was probably stronger than that. Then again, nothing venture nothing gained. She quickly aimed at the incoming fire burned and fired her gun at the 10 nearest fire-birds that were about to crash down on them [Multi-target Weakening Explosive Silenced Combustion Shot D].

Expecting that to not cover it all, she'd call out to Aria.“Get to Rowan, she might be able to get her shields up” She was already on the move herself, hoping to reach close enough to Rowan in time to take cover along with Aria. [Move]

Just be to safe, she then used her cloak cover them and defend herself, her gun against the incoming fire with [Safe Zone C], hoping it'd stop and somewhat control the fire for as far as their earlier attempts had failed to do so, or that it would at least heal their burns.

Regula CD:
  • E-Grade: 0/1

Gun CD:
  • B-Grade: 1/4
  • C-Grade: 2/3
  • D-Grade: 0/2
Multi-target Weakening Explosive Silenced Combustion Shot C
– Magic Affinity D, Combustion Affinity D, Silencing Affinity D, Magic Range E, Magic Targets E, Area of Effect F, Weaken [Vitality] F, gun-type weapon.
Character uses combustion magic to fire multiple bullets from their gun at once whilst also using magic to dampen the sounds of firing it.
[Range E] works at a target within 30 feet of range.
[Magic Targets E] Able to hit up to 5 targets.
[Area of Effect F] cause a 10 feet radius explosion within the spread range of the gun.
[Weaken Vitality F] weakens vitality by 1 grade upon impact.

Cloak CD:
  • C-Grade energised: 0/2
Safe Zone – Magic Affinity C, Healing C, Energized C, Area of Effect D, Selective Magic D, Control Environment E, Magic Duration E - Character creates an area of 100 feet – 30.4 metres radius around them in which they lift bad environmental conditions and heal all allies, keeping it up for the duration of 1 hour. - Grade C – 2 Post Cooldown (Energized).

Boots CD:
  • B-Grade: 2/4
  • C-Grade: 1/3
  • D-Grade: 0/2

Last edited:
Konpaku.Youmu.600.2125213.jpg

Furious at the gods for tricking her with powers she had no control over, Aria kicked the ground in frustration. “Damn the gods!” She exclaimed under her breath. Retriving the knives closest to her, she returned them to their rightul place, ready for another attack. When Regula called out, her eyes darted towards her like an anxious cat. She lunged her body forward catching up as best she could at a sprint. [Action 1. Move (30ft)]

Realizing how the light illuminated the forest, she turned to look over her shoulder to notice the fiery birds zooming towards them. She would teleport and take cover within Regulas safe zone and Rowans barriers. [Action 2. Teleport]

Finn
9be2f6398519ff8a4df81cad6172416a.jpg

Right... Well.. it is what It was and sure enough he couldn't change what had occured, the gigantic display of power was... Somehow he hoped would be survivable by his allies, he himself had issues to contend with at this very moment if he was going to survive. he had little time to actively understand the incoming threat, he would appraise but he had little time, they were upon him, so he had to counter... With them closeby, he rose his blade in front of him and activated the spark of the divine that would strike all three at once due to proximity.

• Rebuke - Fighting Style C, Aura F, Selective F - Raising one's sword one's aura flares up with blinding holy light, searing foes around the user. Grade F(1*) - 0 Post Cooldown
(grade effectiveness in counter attack: Strength A, Weapon B, Ability F, 12 grade effectiveness in counter.)

He had little time to start being iffy about it, he would need to force his way forwards. With Mitsunari so close, he would easily clear the path and stand before the vulpine man, it was here he'd get a close look at the fellow... The radiant energy of the aura not touching him, short lived as it was it was guided away from Mitsunari as the heavily armored and armed man had all the chance to cut him in several different ways.

But he did not, he stood before the fluffy man and...

"...Good gods your fluffy... What sort of hell have you gone through to be working with Imps? Look, I'm not about to make a long explanation, but can we please not fight? The war will happen on it's own sure enough but we don't need to go about killing folks just to spark it. And I'm not in cold blood gonna destroy a work of art such as yourself when we can pass without too much bloodshed."

LadyOfStars LadyOfStars

< ○ • SEVEN • ○ >
zwRHxxn.jpg

She wanted to bite, punch, and kick a pillow out of pure embarrassment, but she lacked the means to do so without hands nor feet.

This was what she was capable of? Even with this catalyst?? This was what she could achieve??

Cancelling her missed spell, she would process through her other options. Multiple options she could pursue in place. Clearing her throat, she would attempt to assess the location from which the enemy might have been located. If they had any luck, there was a chance both that they may have survived as well as a chance they had some sort of defense against their attacks. Wherever the fire birds or trees would be spared strangely, it was likely there that the enemy might have been located.

Nudging at Semetres, the bird made a small request.

“I apologize if I would be asking of too much.” She lifted up a wing. “Would we currently be in acquisition of any explosives that I am able to lift to the skies?”

Tl;dr:
+ Attempt to locate strange/suspicious looking activity with the fire birds’ destruction.
+ Ask Semetres if they have explosives available.

E Grade CD (1/1) (Duration cancelled)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back