• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Graded [Inaba Village] Where the Waters Taste like...

Orikanyo

Do you hear it? The screams of Gacha salt?
Supporter
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
Hello and welcome! This rp is part of the Isekai Hell universe and if you'd like to join or learn more, click here
a8677b0dbc14a9cf5263cc84c507d937.jpg

This is a story of a hunting trip to the Beastman ruled northern Republic, well, north as far as Ryken is concerned. The little hunting village of Inaba stands at the foot of a large forest, a forest that blots out the sky for any who wander in too far from the beaten back edges that the village maintains. We will join our friends as they make their way into the village outskirts, or, however they decide to join in. A good few would have seen the fliers created by the village, signifying the Yearly Hunt has been called and it was open season for those willing to participate. The Wardens holding the event have their Hunting Lodge nearest to the woods, the village abit away acting as the back drop to the large building. While the hunting lodge is easily seen, what is also easily seen is the wall of wooden Pallisades that surround the village and enclose it from the wandering eye, though the gates seemed open to travelers, it bares signs of troublesome markings upon the wooden wall.

The occasional large claw mark, points where the ground is dug up, it's clear they have a degree of issue with the local wildlife. But judging from the dark stains around such markings, perhaps not quite. A river passes by the village as well, making a small bridge the branching point of the pathway in and out of town lead both to the Lodge and the village proper.

Outside the lodge stands a handful of folks, some already leaving for the woods, some staying behind and talking before walking into the lodge, but it didn't take a keen eye to note the locals. Rabbit folk tending to stick out and denoting easily the locals and the outsiders in the groups here, amongst every party heading into the woods, a rabbitfolk was amongst them, likely a warden, before they dissappeared into the brush.

And so, here is where our hunters would start their adventure, coming in from the trail, already within the grand hall of the Hunting Lodger where they could see the many, MANY trophies that litter the walls and sampling some of the many drinks from the on site bar and grill.

For those looking for where to begin, theres a tall bearded rabbit eared fellow standing out front, next to a sign that said "Walk ins welcome, sign ups here for lessons and heading in."
9991571bbb1aff7d7f07840a6ddf4638.jpg

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Finn.png

Finn would be outside the hunting lodge, on the trail to be specific, his eyes were on the people of the village. He'd met quite a few beastfolk thus far since he decided to journey northward, and his love of the animal featured people was not left wanting, as he had plenty to see around here especially. though he couldn't help but stare, the rabbits were quite cute... The long ears were begging to be touched... But... he held in such desires. he may had been abit spoiled by Kris before, but he doubted he would be so lucky here.

The knight would march on ahead, his eyes on the lodge as he walked forwards. "Certainly a grand building, wonder what kind of hunts go on around here...? Maybe its like an INN too? Can't believe it'd be JUST for hunters..." he scratched his chin, considering the large and truthfully inviting building.

his thoughts would be put on pause.. As the smell of blood would fill his nostrils... "The marks on the walls back there.. Don't tell me some beast snuck into the village?" he thought out loud, the smell gotten close... he turned and saw it...

A poor child! A rabbitfolk being MAULED BY A...!

...Wait...

"...Excuse me mister can you help me bring this in..." the small voice of the young girl tugging along the bear, thoroughly drenched as she brought what looked to be a young.. or at least adolescent bear towards Finn, from the trails, very clearly coming from the village. Finn was... Struck speechless...

20221203_130632.jpg

"...Mister..?" the girl looked on, the knight still quite flabbergasted and frozen on the spot. Just... what kind of people were these folk...?

Last edited by a moderator:
Sade
1670177554312.png

When she was reborn into this world it never crossed Safe's mind that she would again find herself caring for children, but her she was. Ayumi riding on her shoulders while Klein slept in her arms. The two of them were the youngest and had started to whine and complain very early into today's trek. But she couldn't blame them, the group had been traveling by foot for some time now as free rides for five were hard to come by, even more difficult when they were humans in the land of beasts. So far they had not been mistreated and for that she was grateful, but she also attributed that to Ayumi's presence. The wolf girl was surely the only reason that the other beastmen had yet to be hostile towards their group.

One her right was Cora, the feisty fireball who had been proving more and more that she and Sade were the most alike. She was brave and always seemed ready to fight. More than once she squared up with the beastfolk that they pssed on the road and Sade had to step in and apologize for the girl's rudeness. Miriam was the opposite. She was distant and seemed angry all the time, which Sade felt she had a right to be. But there girl was smart and although she would deny it, she was caring.

"I think this is it." Sade announced as the hunting lodge came into view and she saw a man with rabbit ears. While she knew the children needed time to mourn, she couldn't make the conscious choice to indulge their sadness. She would need to find a home for all of them as well as a way to ensure they could eat should something happen to her. So she brought them to this hunting event in the hopes that she could teach them to hunt in a safe environment.

As they made their approach Sade looked to Finn and the little girl who seemed to be carrying a bear? "Well done young one." Sade praised with a smile stretched across her face. Gently she set Ayumi down and woke Klein to do the same. Cora was hesitant ut approached the bunny girl. "No way you killed that yourself." Cora challenged as she looked at the girl and then her prize. Ayumi was unnerved by the sight and hid behind Sade. "What're we doing here?" Klein asked as he tried to peel his gaze from the bear. "We're hear to join the hunt of course. And to teach you all how to live off the land." Sade's response was not to Klein or Miriam's liking and both children seemed to lose interest, shown as they turned away and started to look elsewhere.

Sade let out a heavy sight and shook her head. "Uh...is there a limit to the number of participants?" the dark-skinned woman asked the older bunny man.

Miriam
1670179452762.png

Klein
1670179467096.png

Ayumi
1670179483225.png

Cora
1670179497886.png

Orikanyo Orikanyo

Kristina
Mentions: Orikanyo Orikanyo LadyOfStars LadyOfStars
sample-d47b3d32b6bebb3445a943bb79471575.jpg"Nice, good catch there kid!" Standing at Finns side smoking what must have been her fourth cigarette for the day Kristina gave the little rabbit girl a congratulatory grin. Having caught up to Finn while he was on the road the two had made for the Beast Republic. Kristina had initially wanted to check out her recently acquired property, but she had made good progress with her objective and decided a break couldn't hurt. To be honest she had a soft spot for Finn and after what had happened in the Barony she couldn't help but want to keep him company for both their sakes. Even she could do something out the kindness of her heart. Though where this would all lead was beyond her she couldn't be sure of how long she'd stay, if he up and got better overnight with nothing to be worried about what would she do?

But that was neither here nor there. It may have been window washing but she'd meant what she said when told the noble brat to focus on the now. "C'mon boy scout don't leave the girl hangin. Our little hunter has returned victorious the least you could do is help her out." Kristina was unbothered by the image of a young girl covered in blood holding up a dead animal, sure it was a little strange. But she used to hunt way back with her father in the Finnish forests, sure it was with a rifle but she'd helped him skin a few. 'Its been a long long time since then... Maybe this Lodge will get me back in the groove of it.' She patted the stunned Finn on the back, then moved to help the girl carry the young bear inside. On the trip here she had realized the strange sensations and smells she had picked up back in the Count's tent had been due to her nose changing. Just like her ears, even her sense of smell was like a wolfs. And the smell of blood was getting her a bit excited in a way she hadn't felt before. This world was changing her bit by bit. "Alright kid lets get the rest of this inside, this is your kill so I'm only helping not carrying it for ya. Go on walk like you gotta purpose."

As Kristina began to help the girl she noticed the arrival of a rather exotic figure, with rugrats in tow. The woman was a giant in more ways than one. Her dark complexion was a sight for sore eyes while the Count has been more a tan figure that reminded her of the denizens of India. Her time in Africa had made her used to seeing a certain kind of people. Sure she got tired of that country pretty quick especially since it had been the one to do her in at the end. 'I always thought I'd kick it in the middle east...' But the familiar was always a comfort. As she continued to bring in the bear with the girl she called out to the older rabbit man. "You wouldn't happen to have a couples discount going would you?" Kristina's tone was teasing as she found herself already being swept up in her "break time". The wolf woman eyes the kids as they approached staring at the girls defeated prey. Some were more verbose and brave while the another timid. Her eyes narrowed at the number of kids she could handle one but so many brought unwanted memories. "Hey miss I'm guessing these belong to you..." Her ear twitched and her tail swished slowly from side to side. "What do you say to me and blondie there joining your little hunting group?" Kristina called out to the beast man running the lodge once again. "That no issue old timer?"

Last edited:
A good wind blows.
EMIYAman EMIYAman LadyOfStars LadyOfStars

The old grizzled rabbit eared fellow stired from his point, ears turning to group of troublemakers coming in, or at least is what he would call em.. he'd smirk however, it was clear he wasn't taken aback by the crowd. "A hunting party with a bunch of kids.. Guess your looking to teach the sprouts somethin' aye? Knew there be good sorts in the small ears just gotta draw em out with good ol huntin I tells em. proper way to teach kids is the good ol fashioned way no ifs an's or buts." the old rabbit folk stood up.

"I'll give yea the talk, just give an old man a second... Now where'd I put that paper..." the old fellow rummaged around in his pockets, a paper clearly upon the step up to the lodge's entrance where he had been sitting.

In the mean time, the little girl wiggled her nose at Cora's challenge. "I did dumby, it's just a bear." the little bunny kind of looked like she was mad... or.. obstinate..? in truth it was hard to tell if she was mad.. given how predominatly cute they were in truth, plus the fact she puffed out her cheeks all pouty. But her ears flattened back nonetheless. the keen eyed of the bunch would see marks upon the bear's left paw of a trap, perhaps thats why the hunt was easy enough. She motioned for Kris to drop the bear however, the little patting hands letting the grip slip, and with renewed vigor, the small rabbit dragged the bear away with a seemed new need to prove herself, only to be followed up by a woman with similar features coming to the group.

20221203_130656.jpg

"Here for the hunt, yea?" The woman regarded Sade with curious look, and to her many children that were around her... While it may be considered snooping.. perhaps there was little proclaimed vocally that is hidden amongst people with such large ears. "We get many travelers, but none bring their lil uns with em. Long way from home to join the hunt yea?" the woman was a head shorter than Sade, but her ears made up for the difference. "..Goodness where me manners, Ohso is my name. Cook and butcher of the lodge. That little sprout carrying the bear is Osha, if she mouths to yea you give me word.

I've a few more little ones around if you've mind, you'll know em quick with the white locks n such."
she gave her little speel before considering the.. rag tag bunch at Sade's feet. She nodded, seemingly in thought. "Good pairs of hands, if yea bring em for huntin we gots stuff for the young uns, Ol Rask should be..." she actually spotted the older rabbit man currently fumbling with himself, looking for the paper.

"RASK! getchyer 'ead on old boy yer sittin' on it!" the woman called, causing the old rabbit to finally find the paper. "Old coot couldn't find his ears if they weren't attatched..." the woman sighed, hands on her hips.

The old man finally collected up the paper, eyeing it for a second. "Right right gottchyea... Alright folks listen up if yer keen for the hunt." he spoke quickly, trying to catch up.

"We of inaba village would like to invite yea'll to join in this years hunts, and.. er... Skip this part.. grmmgr...Right! So, the lodge is open and food is free so long as yea bring back a kill when you head on into the wood, get that outta the way first it's what most folks ask about in the first place." the man seemed to... be abit of a cart before the horse type, but he was explaining it rather in lay-man's terms rather than anything.

"We only gots a few rules so don't let it bother yea none too much...

First! Anyone heading into the woods need a Warden with yea, its for yer safety along with us able to mark yer catches. you all leave the transport and all that to us alrighty? if yea wana do the dirty work yourself just tell us and we'll keep em safe for yea, don't yea worry about us cheatin' yea, we're professionals and get enough on our own.

Second!! Don't hurt yer fellow hunters, don't hurt your wardens, if an accident happens just tell folks don't be all quiet about it we'll learn sooner or later. The animals in the woods are dangerous, and more than that the animals can smell yea, we'll getchyea patched up nice and well so don't you worry none, this also goes to say any sick or expecting mothers are not allowed in.. just safety.. Espeacially after what happened last time..." the old rabbit paused abit, but Osho sighed, speaking up on the matter mentioned.

"My sister couldn't keep away... She turned out alright but you should have seen the poor lad who had to help her... nary a clue how she got to sneak in, but coming out of the woods with 4 newborns was a new sight for the Counter Wardens. Moshie her name is, brown haired gal, might see her in the butchery if your keen.."

The old rabbit perked up, he had been reading up ahead abit. "THIRD! heed yer warden's words. you may be used to normal woods, but these ain't no normal woods. Parents keep yer eyes on yer barns and kids pay attention to their words. if any parents want tah keep their barns back here we got teachers able to give em the know how... Course it's bets they learn in the wood I dare say but Denmother wont have it none other way..." the old rabbit's ears twitched abit at this, scratching his temple abit, he tossed the paper aside, perhaps it was less important than he'd thought.

"Just don't drink the water straight alright? listen to the wardens and be kind to the woods and they'll be kind to yea alrighty?" the old rabbit concluded with a shrug. "Perfectly safe, the Denmother will keep yea safe no doubt... Questions? Ah.. Shite... Err.. oops.. err.. You younguns didn't hear that...

Ya'll goin in groups, theres no couples discounts, not that yer payin much save for work and meat shares... Unelss yea want the bleedings then we'll have to talk with the matron... No limit to numbers in a group but the more youngins the likely yea'll meet trouble. Theres big bounties out there if yea manage to tag un, big beasties we've noticed in the wood if you're keen to get yer name and trophy on the wall. And...

Right, if yea need water boil it till the red is out of it." the old man ended his speel, as incoherent as the rest, but oddly still full of info.

Finn
54ab08e1168ca6bd5fe31d0783c67cbd.jpg
Safe to say, he was happy to have a companion like Kris along, she made it easier to travel along these long roads, sometimes he forgets how to speak to folks properly on these long trips alone... but... She was a curious sort herself... Perceptive and keen, she had the feel of a good capable sort, a big friendly sister type. he guessed he liked her because she was cute atop of it, and being a wolven beastfolk was helpful in that regard... He'd quickly call her a friend, to be honest.

"So... long story short..." Finn started, blinking after all the information. "We hunt, and we have a free stay if we get something and bring it in. Anything we hunt or capture is brought back by the wardens, the lodge takes a share, but we get most... And theres big beasts in there you can take down?" he scratched his chin at the thought, before nodding. "Sounds simple enough to me." he really did, hell the rules were simple enough as is, nothing like needing to do anything shadey.. just.. seemed like it was a hunting business and they were making it accessible to folks who just want to go hunting, or actually want to do the whole thing themselves.

His eyes turned to the woman who was also looking to join the hunt and... "...By the gods your a sight." he spurted out without thinking, he quickly turned away and cleared himself, before looking back. "Many hands make light work if we do team up, my name is Finnegan, folks call me a knight but i'm no sworn fellah. Up here to try and have sometime in a hunt.. Relax a little." the troubles he had seen do seem so very far away from here... this little village.. the soft blowing wind...

"...Alot of kids..." he had to comment on them, there were a few, and various in type...

Last edited:
Sade1670608138539.pngThe newly minted den mother had to pause when Kristina asked her about the children being her's. She knew that the wolf woman was inquiring whether they were with her or not, but Sade couldn't help thinking about whether Kristina was asking if she had birthed the children. It made her wonder what she would tell people her relationship to these children were. She hadn't filed any paperwork to adopt them, if such processes existed in this world, and she certainly hadn't given birth to them. That was an experience....she wasn't sure she was ready to repeat. "They are." She simply replied with a smile as she admired the little ones. "And we welcome the company." Sade added with a nod of her head.

"Who you calling a dumby?!"
Cora roared after hearing the insulting name. The girl's face reddened with frustration and she took a stance as if she was about to pounce on the bunny girl, but before she could make her move, she felt Sade's sturdy hand upon her shoulder. Reluctantly, Cora backed down, gritting her teeth in frustration and anger.

"I thought this would be a good place for them to learn a few hunting tricks. I'm hoping to make them self-sufficient." Sade went on to explain her reasoning behind journeying so far from Ryken, but as she said it she couldn't deny that it sounded as though she planned to leave or abandon the kids. Then she heard Osho mention her own children. She was such a small woman that Sade couldn't imagine her carrying children. She then tuned into the instructions of the old rabbit, although they seemed less formal than she had expected, she still understood.

She was about to explain things to the children when she heard Finn speak up. His sudden compliment caused her brow to pop up in confusion as she looked to Kristina and then back to Finn. "Sade." She said. "This is Ayumi, Klein, Miriam, and Cora.' Ayumi and Klein waved at Finn and Kristina, while Miriam seemed to be ignore the whole exchange with her arms folded across her chest. Cora narrowed her eyes at Finn and point two fingers at him to warn the blond man that she would be watching him.

"We're ready to go when everyone else is." Sade declared. When she said that, Ayumi grabbed hold of her leg, holding it tightly. She found it hard to be upset with the little girl and rather than try to inspire some independence in her, Sade scooped the girl up and held her on her hip. "Is this how we shall hunt?" She teasing asked the little wolf with a blissful smile.

Orikanyo Orikanyo EMIYAman EMIYAman

Kristina
Mentions: Orikanyo Orikanyo LadyOfStars LadyOfStars
sample-d47b3d32b6bebb3445a943bb79471575.jpgHer hands held up the back end of the adolescent bear easily enough. After calling out to the old rabbit manning the lodge he fumbled around looking for a paper. Kristina smirked at the old codgers effort and the grumbles that came with it; reminding her of times long passed. Her pace slowed as the children scrambled around conversing at her feet. The rabbit girl still holding up the bear was quite adamant that this kill was in fact hers , while the child Cora remained obstinate that it wasn't. Kristina almost stumbled back when the children got a bit too close but she remained standing still. Seeking to occupy her thoughts elsewhere she had struck up conversation with the ebony woman that seemed to be the kids guardian. "Thats good, important for kids that age to pick up skills for the future. My father used to take me hunting as well..." Her voice trailed off slightly. Then the little rabbit girl caught Kristina's attention seemingly now invigorated to prove herself. With a humorous grin she dropped the bear leaving the full brunt of it to her. 'Look at that, kids got some pride to her.' She watched as she dragged the bear, before turning to Sade. "Ah right, I'm Lupa a nomadic merchant pleasure to meet ya. As you've heard tall blonde, and shiny over there is Finnegan but I just call him Finn. We're traveling together and thought this hunting lodge might be a good place to relax." As she pointed out Finn her tail noticeably started to swish back and forth excitedly. "Sade huh? Interesting name nice to meet the little ones as well." She waved back to the kids and smirked at the cheekiness of Cora.

Kristinas nose twitched as a new scent began to fill her nostrils. It was still a rather strange sensation for her getting used to the full range of smells was an uphill battle. 'Just when I'd gotten used to the ears too...' Another rabbit beastkin walked into the lodge older than the little girl, but also quite small. Her voice carried a noticeable country accent to it. Looking to the now names "Ohso" and "Osha" she wondered if the two were related. Her next words seemed to confirm that though and apparently there were more around. "Not to worry ma'am the little hunter there has been nothing but polite." Kristina spoke to the woman hoping to save the little girl some face from her little argument just now. After a brief back and forth between the beast woman Ohso and the old beast man Rask, they got the preparation for the hunt going.

She listened intently to the instructions and rules given. It paid to pay attention especially when operating somewhere outside your expertise, these beast kin had the home field advantage they knew their home better than anyone else. She's seen overconfidence get the better of even the best. Besides she wanted to enjoy this, and she wanted Finn too as well... Kristina looked over to the knight. 'Well... he seems to be in good spirits now at least.' Her ears suddenly perked up as she heard Rask mention "Bounties". That sounded like a potential payday to her. Only problem was... 'Damn, Lupas not supposed to know how to fight all that well. Which means I can't use my knife like I normally do. Finnegan's a good guy, but I'd rather keep my cards close even if its with him.' Kristina thought for a moment before an idea struck her, it'd be killing two birds with one stone. Sidling up closer to Finn as he spoke to Sade she placed an arm on his shoulder. "Not flirting with the lady I hope, you'll break this poor girls heart." She mischeviously smirked flashing her canines and patted him on the shoulder. "Before we go out I wanted to ask, I don't really know my way around a fight like that even if its with an animal. Do you think you could give me some pointers on how you use that sword of yours? I got a couple blades on me I usually carry around to sell but..." She pulled one out a scabbard at her side it was noticeable rusty and a bit dull. "They need some work, but they are just about the only reliable weapon I got... And that city taught me that these day I can't walk around unarmed like I used too." She felt somewhat bad bringing up the barony, but she was willing to sour his mood a bit if it helped her. Doing this would establish her alibi cementing herself as "Lupa" while also giving her the skills she need to survive. This wasn't her world, she couldn't operate with her knife alone without being at a disadvantage and with no guns either she'd have to adapt. A capable knight like Finn could be a good teacher. Hell if she didn't feel a bit bad about it. 'But... maybe having someone rely on him is the distraction he needs?'

Last edited:
Finnegan
129f6ff55fad064eef6ad84135315087.jpg

"You... want me to teach you..?" Finn asked lightly, abit... nervous in his tone, as if the thought had never occured to him that he could teach the sword to another.. he was no teacher of anything, but he did have skill.. he could show her the basics to be certain but... He'd give his answer, with a smirk from a certain young lady currently giving him the staredown. "Heh, well if you think it'll help i'll show you the basics of it.

I can't say i'm a teacher in a traditional sense, but I can show you how to properly wield a heavy blade. from there you'll be able to at least stand up to useing it properly, I'll give you a go with mine but it alot heavier than a first timer might be able to use..."
the man seemed to be focusing on this more.. Thinking it over in his mind... he seemed in a modicum of higher spirit, as his mind is distracted.

"R-regardless, uhh, i'm ready as well. if we've an aim to go tod-"

"THEN IT'S SETTLED!"

The old rabbitman shouted, having a laugh. "The lot o yea are a hunting party, stay together an' nothin' will happen to yea. Hol' on an a warden'll come to fetchyea and show yea the way in, then they'll tail yea along like a good 'un." he seems to stomp the ground twice, an ear perking up into the air... he stomps twice more... Pausing once again... he gives a large shrug. "Aye guess it's up tah me. Come on yea wee sprouts the woods a callin' yea!"

The older rabbitman began walking along at a brisker pace, though he.. Seemingly had called on others to do it.. he seemed to certainly have a spring in his step to get moving and back into the woods.

Osho seemed to sigh lightly, looking to the group around her. Her smile was full of a light fading huff. "if he wanted to go himself he could have just said so. Have fun everyone, he may be abit of an old codger but he's one of the oldest wardens we have 'ere in the village. Stay safe! And don't drink unboiled water it'll give yea a bad belly." the woman gave them abit of space to move along before entering the lodge, a rauccous scene could be heard from within with the opened door, as people talked openly about various deeds within and without the wood.

Finn would watch the rabbit eared woman go, eyes gazing more to the top of her head than any other a man might look. the knight shifted his armor, however, and looked towards the veritable crowd around him. "Guess we follow Rask then?" His words punctuated with a motioning of a hand towards the gaining rabbit fellow..

Thankfully, the scene transitioned before anyone needed to tired their legs.

The Redriver Glenn

maxresdefault.jpg

Upon entering the woods proper, it was clear from the fact the sounds of the world outside, meager as the small village produces, were all but deadened due to the dense foliage that now encompassed the party, though the occasional snap of twig and echoing animal sounds occasionally prevailed from within, the forest very clearly held captive all that was within it's fold. There was a path in these woods that extended further in and around a trail, this was the most traveled way through it, if one's usual walk was more for traversal rather than hunting...

Rask stood further into the trail, his ears perked up and facing every sound around them like the most alert of watchmen. He regarded the group after a time, seemingly coming out of a thought.

"Keep on eye on each other there folks, we'll stick to the path for now, theres plenty of beasties around but none worth a days meal with so many hands aye. Till then we'll.. ah..." he pauses to listen again... "Aye folks ahead... Rightyo either way first lessons for the little wee ones aye.."

The old rabbit would begin to talk of the woods, it's obvious dangers but also of it's benefits. his way of talking certainly had a rambling nature too it but certainly his words had weight in regards to moving around the woods and keeping up with those your suppoused to be around... he also notes a certain knight named Finn going into the woods with metal armor is just asking for beasties to hear him, the man seemed to wince lightly, considering his armor to be a walking cacophony of sounds...

But the rabbitman was merciful, and began stuffing moss between folds from the local fallen tree life. until he was happy with the fact Finn was no longer clanking a great deal... And the knight looked to be as mossy as the surroundings...

• Effect, those in group gain temporary Survival F, or one higher if already had it.​
"Eattin' out in the woods also can be good if yea don't find prey. See here we got.." he regards a mushroom just off the trail.. Sniffed it.. then moved to a different one. "One you shouldn't eat, but this one here smells like a week old boot? yea can eat raw." which the rabbitman does, with great enthusiasim, but watching the kids with expectation they'd be at leats abit grossed out.

"Tastes like a boot to!! Want one?"

Sade
1671296022098.png
"We need to catch a bear too, Miss. A big one." Cora declared as she grabbed hold of the thin fabrics which covered Sade's legs and gave a slight tug. Cora's face betrayed the determination that was building in her, augmented by her competitiveness. Sade was making a mental note of the girl's eagerness and competitive nature.

"Mother nature will provide us with the bounty we deserve." Sade told Cora before she returned her attention to the wolfkin before her. "It's nice to meet you as well, Lupa." While she exchanged greetings with the merchant, Ayumi seemed to stare at Lupa, her eyes fixed upon the ears that they both shared. She reached up and lightly rubbed her own. Sade smirked at the sight of the little girl seemingly learning something new.

She was surprised by the manner in which Finnegan and Lupa interacted, but looking closer she could see that the two were clearly an item. Or on the cusp of becoming one. "Young love." She mumbled to herself as she watched the two of them. She remembered those days when she first laid eyes on her husband and the happy times they spent together. Hopefully their story would end differently. "If I may ask...are either of you from another world?" After he run in with Oliver and Crymaria, Sade could not deny that there were other people in this world who were not of this world. She was curious to know just how many people there were like her.

Before they could deepen the conversation however, Rask announced that he would be leading their little expedition and didn't hesitate to start. "Come on guys." Sade called to Miriam and Klein who were falling behind while Cora rushed ahead to walk beside Rask.

The forest was beautiful at first sight and everything seemed to thrum with life. But they were about to get their first lesson so Sade put Ayumi down to let her pay attention proper, like she herself was about to do. The sight of Rask eating the mushroom created a look of disgust on all the kids faces. "Haha!" Sade let out a hearty laugh as she saw their faces scrunch up. "What about the bears?!" Cora quickly asked, stepping forward with her fists tightened. "I need a big prize!"

Orikanyo Orikanyo EMIYAman EMIYAman

Kristina
sample-d47b3d32b6bebb3445a943bb79471575.jpgProwling through the forest Kristina followed behind the Warden at an almost excited pace. Her ears twitched and pointed in alternating directions constantly and her nose was suffused in multiple scents both foreign and familiar. While Kristina was trying to keep up her alternate identity as Lupa, and that meant being more emotive, old habits died hard. Her expression betrayed little of her feelings but she held a small smile of excitement. On the inside she was containing her desire to follow the smells and sounds at a whim, every now and again she would find herself unwittingly testing her luck straying from the group bit by bit, as if she would suddenly spring up and run off somewhere else. But she always noticed and swiftly brought herself back on the path only to drift off again. Kristina would frequently steal glances over at Finn, in part to check on him, but also cause he was a few steps removed from ghillie suit covered in that much foliage.

Normally such a scene would have been funny to her and she likely would have chuckled or put on her trademark smirk. But instead her mind was focused on other things, 'Dammit what's going on with me? I feel so restless like my body is going haywire...' Once again she looked over to Finn as they followed behind the Warden. Her tail swished from side to side. 'And why does blondie smell so good!? I never noticed his scent like this before. Is this because I'm part animal now? Crap, maybe this body is more trouble than its worth.' Kristina was agonizing over more than a few things, she could barely listen to Rask and his lessons. At this point she was trying to hold herself back from getting uncomfortably close to Finn or just running off into the woods to chase animals. She might as well be a puppy with the impulse control problem she was having. However she had enough presence of mind to notice when Rask picked up a mushroom and started talking about it. Upon hearing it was edible she immediately sprung up grabbed the mushroom out the old rabbits hand, and shoved it down her throat. It was a suitable distraction; her face scrunched up slightly as she chewed. "You were right about the taste..."

The Redriver Glenn
09a8fa3e9f5c6d63259e9748064cdaeb.jpg

A small issue called away the others, but with another warden popping up out of nowhere, it left the two with the grouchy old rabbit, who seemed suprised by the wolf's palate. "Aye used to chewin on old boots eh? Once had to do it meself, lost in these woods and nary a bit of game in some accursed areas i tells yea. espeacially when we had the mantrap infestations and what nots yea know? Stuck in a tree with narry a thing yea try the leaves but they ain't no good but a warden can always last they tells yea and it's true fer sure don'tchyea know." he rambled one, but one might notice his lack of boots... Eyes pointing down would prompt. "Boots are expensive yea know, good boots for big feet... Lots to eat but alot to replace..." the old rabbit followed along the trail, seemingly lost in a memory.. or guiding them perhaps...

But with that said, the blissfully ignorant blonde young man who is one of the causes of Kris' pains laughs. "Look at that face! It must taste pretty bad eh?" the young man walked on over, giving the canine woman an appraising look. "but if you can manage that I wonder what else can be found here? Think we can cook up something proper with the stuff here? I'm no chef myself..." he remembers lightly the terrible attempts of cooking hes made on the road now and again....

"But... necessity oft makes ingenuity required." he motioned along to follow the rambling old bunny, who was making his way through some brambles, cutting them down with a sharp machete looking weapon with a cruel billhook for a blade. it cut rather well.

"I promised to show you how to use a sword, do you have a proper blade of your own? i've heard your a trader, right?" finnegan asked the canine woman, following the footsteps of the bunnyman who seemed to be cutting a path from a rather thick bramble now.. The path clearly lead through it, perhaps the ongoing battle versus trails and foliage was never truely won?

"I'm mostly self taught, some things i've incorporated some magic into... Most people have a degree of affinity to one thing or another, I picked up a trick or two from a priestess's rituals, and sorta just incorporated them into it. Works well, but.. I'd imagine we'd have to stick to normal bladework if you want... Theres alotta groundwork stuff my father taught me.. Been classically taught, better with heavy blades myself but could give a few pointers for light blades if you have em."

Kristina
sample-5153c8a5c94edbff72f66e3a4c604f24.jpgWiping what remained of the quickly gorged on mushroom off her mouth Kristina found her mind a bit more centered than before. She noticed the old rabbit Rask look at her in surprise, when he asked if she'd been familiar with "chewin boots" she only leveled an unamussed stare at him. Unbothered the old rabbit launched into one of his tirades, something she was beginning to see as a pattern. Apt descriptors like "senile" passed through her mind. 'Well at least its better than some rations I've had on the job; A cigarette would probably calm my nerves, but that wouldn't make this much of a hunt, dammit.' Finn laughed at the look on Kristina's face, but she found herself not minding it. It didn't feel like he was mocking her rather than just enjoying the situation.

She planned to give him shit for it anyway as she wasn't the type to take anything lying down, but the moment he approached his scent grew stronger. His unique odor suffused her senses and her sarcastic rebuttal died on her lips. Her wolfen ears lowered to the side drooping as if they were releasing all their tension, while her tail hung low but wagged from side to side excitedly. She was overwhelmed, her mind barely able to make sense of the stimuli. It was so strong her legs wobbled slightly and threatened to give out under her. But she caught herself with a slight stumble. Her pride managing to keep her steady. Finn's scent had even overtaken the wild smell of the forest, leaving her with a profound sense of comfort in his presence. For someone constantly on edge like her, it was downright scary. 'FUCK FUCK did someone drug me!? No, calm down think... I felt it somewhat before but getting closer to boy scout made it even worse! Its the smell I can feel it, but its so strong. Is this normal for Beasts? I was normal at first, but when my hearing came it was too much for me to handle and now that my sense of smell has grown I have to acclimate to it as well?' Kristina was lost in thought trying to understand this sudden overtaking of her mental faculties. What worried her the most was her lack of information, she hated going blind into anything especially when it affected her personally.

Because of this Finns words went in one ear and out the other. 'The worst part is that its not unpleasant, in fact its a good feeling. But what am I supposed to do with this? What does it mean? I know I've become some kind of Wolf hybrid but that doesn't mean I see boy scout as some kind of Alpha or something right? I mean I don't think so, but this is an instincts thing isn't it? I wonder if Papa's Halla got like this... Christ am I actually relating to the family pet?' The normally composed Kristina wore a worried expression. It was then that Finn asked her a question and she perked up seemingly surprised, yet also excited. "Huh!? Oh um yeah I have my own, its pretty rusty though..." The witty and confident presence of "Lupa" had been replaced with a palpable nervous restlessness. Her face was flushed and her eyes averted from his own only for her to force them back so as not to seem weak. "I don't know any magic, not sure if I have an affinity for it. I have some experience with knives. I'm ok with whatever you think is best though." She was making an effort to steady her speech and appear normal. But the fire within her was obviously gone and her responses were far more curt. It was a conflicting image when contrasted with her rapidly wagging tail as she spoke.

Finnegan
c66bd9ea480e0f52bc1d867bb72447b8.jpg
"Huh, looks likr hes..." the young man paused to consider his companion for a second.... "...Hey... Are you okay?" He asked the wolf woman, kneeling down abit to look at her eye to eye, he hands fussed and pulled off his right gauntlet. "You... Look abit sick... Are you okay?" He asked placing yhe back of his hand on her forehead, it was lightly wet from the hot metal and leather glove, but not unpleasant, comparitivly his hand would be cool to the touch.

"Gods, your burning up..." he said softly, worried for his friend. She looked very off from her usual... He looked ahead to the warden, who seemed to have cut a path, but he was... Wait he was running back!

"Hide you two!" The old rabbit called, before leaping up a tree. "Get to the brush and stay down if yea'd like to live!" The old rabbit used his sprining legs wrll, leaping into the tall oak canopy.

Finn however wasted little time, his friend was out of sorts, he was a strong fighter but he couldn't risk her in such a state.

Therefore, in his haste he tried to guide them both into a heft hedge... Which sort of ended up them both tumbling down a rather large hillside. Luckily for Kris, Finn being the heavier one cause him to roll ahead first and take most the debris.

Dirtied and groaning, the knight was at the bottom of the hill now, twigs and stones covering him from the tumble, he looked right at home with the rest of the fallen debris...

Atop the hill, the sounds of a fight was breaking out, the sounds of an angry old rabbit and a... Squealing roar filled the distance air. Though with the equal parts laughing, it seemed to be less a war of survival and one known to the old rabbit man times...

He'd be fine, very likely.

Better than the dirty ditch knight.

EMIYAman EMIYAman

Kristina
sample-f0ddc37db428a05944b96c1594141c09.jpgHer breath growing ragged and deep Kristina tried to get a hold over the clash between her ego and instincts. Fortunately, her stubborn nature kept her centered. Staving off the worst of her impulses, though it was an uphill battle. If nothing else she was an adaptable woman. Unfortunately for her though, her companion was the protective meddling type. Before she knew it his presence suffused her senses as the distance between them was quickly closed. Kristina's eyes narrowed slightly and her lips tightened into a thin line. Taking on an expression as if she didn't want to be bothered to maintain some level of control over herself. Dammit boy scout nows not the time to be caring about my health! In her mind she was practically shouting in frustration, but in reality it took effort to even speak. Her strong front quickly gave away as Finn looked her directly in her eyes. Her cheeks flushed, her breath growing more shallow and the normally stoic countenance of hers had all but disappeared.

A truly atypical expression manifested on the wolf woman's face. One she normally wouldn't dare let show in any capacity, vulnerability. Her burgeoning instincts in overdrive from their sudden awakening, Kristina was all but helpless as a pup. From Finns touch to his smell it all served to drop the barriers she had erected. I-I don't understand this feeling. Its filling my head to the brim I can barely think of anything else. I know I'm not in my right mind, but despite knowing that I still want to get closer to him. I want to know his scent... Staring into Finns vibrant emerald eyes Kristina didn't respond to his inquiries. Instead her lips parted slightly showing her elongated canines. As if in a trance her face inched minutely closer to his expectantly; Finns comforting smell invigorating her to move ever so closer even if only by centimeters. Her tail wagged faster than it ever had before.

Then the shout of the old rabbit Rask broke through and Kristina's self control returned to her however briefly. She blinked owlishly shame growing upon her face. "H-Huh?" A question directed to no one and everyone was all she could muster before she was seized by Finn. Letting out a slight yelp in surprise Kristina went with the knight till they both ended up rolling down a large hill in their haste. Falling just after Finn yet no less dirty for it Kristina ended up sprawled face down into the ground. Quickly raising her head Kristina was now stained by the earth though not covered in nearly as much foliage as Finn was. Picking herself up her mind quickly reminded her of what she had just been about to do, and she couldn't help but face palm and groan into her hand. She could hear the Wardens shouts and laughter as well as the strange cries of what she could only assume to be a beast of some kind. Seeking to change her attention to anything else than what she had almost done, Kristina approached the prone Finn offering her hand to him. "Rise and shine boy scout lets get back to the old man, I'm sure he's fine. But I was promised an actual meal by the end of the day, and I'll be damned if anything gets in the way of that." At least that fall knocked some sense into me... Looking at Finn a stimulating feeling was still evoked but it was just a bit more bearable now, she'd just have to watch herself around him from now on.

An rushed ending due to a rushed departure...

The two would, of course, soon recover from this small troubling moment and attempt to find their earstwhile guide. They would find him with a spear deep in a strange... Bearish boar, looking a tad bit sheepish. tagging it, they would have gone in deeper into the world and encountered a handful of likewise boars of which were many within the wood. The numbers the trio managed to collect were... Shocking, in truth, as much as shocking as the sheer numbers the bearboars seemed to come out in.

Finnegan, with his tenacity had managed to keep the large horde of these strange boars busy as Kris and a much larger boar that seemed to be commanding the.. pack?

Rask, the hunter guide was a capable sort, but Kris's abilities did not fall short, as the two dealt deadly blows to the much larger creature... As a heavily armored man continued to strike down and be next to flooded with bear-ish boar creatures.

The distance from Finn allowed Kris to.. calm down abit, the strange feelings a even stranger memory of one getting used to her own body. Finn however would learn nothing of this issue, blissfully unaware of the oddness. Thankfully, he also smelled largely of Bearboar, this would not change as the sheer number slain had managed to cut down the overabundant population by a good bit. The two would be sooin joined by a handful of villagers once Rask made a call on a horn signifying a successful hunt, a group of rabbit folk bringing along a rather large wagon.

The hunt was a successful one, if filled with one exact type of prey. The village would eat, and so would the duo as they had gathered enough good will for a few nights of rest, before moving onto whatever their hearts desired.

Hopefully, in Finn's case, a bath.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back