• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Novama

One Thousand Club
Intro

This rp follows the beginnings of Zeke, a would-be pirate and former abomination, as he opens a portal to another plane from the material world and decides to check out what lays beyond. It's open to any that may wish to come along on the journey or find their way to the other side for one reason or another. The story picks up in the southern reaches of the 2nd continent, a long ways from Ryke and Ryken, in the bay of the sea belonging to the country known as the Empire. At this time of year, it is a frostbitten place of snow dressed trees and icy sea. Perhaps [god] was spiteful when depositing Zeke is such a place. It would fall to him and those with him to make lemonade from these lemons...

NeramoDJI NeramoDJI

Zeke "Mors" Valdain
1642656739338.png

Zeke didn't particularly mind where he was dropped, since in the end, he'd been in a lot worse places in his last life. Brinstar and the Phendrana drifts coming to mind first. Clearing his mind, Zeke looked up at the portal, smirking to himself as he placed it in front of a boarded up window in his little outpost. It was a small cabin near the edge of the water. He never really had much thought to try this before, but after doing research of what this power he felt was, he knew wherever he placed this thing it was going to stay, so he wanted it where he could easily access it, and where others would have a harder time even finding it. He looked at the portal, dusting his hands off against one another, rolling his shoulders a little bit. He didn't have much to his name, since he knew about those black orbs and that he couldn't start his pirating and pillaging until he was good and ready to not be allowed in any major town, least without destroying it first. Now he wanted to explore this new power of his and see just what he could do with it and whatever would be on the other side. And with a deep breath, he stepped through the glowing portal, striding through confidently.

Last edited:
Banner.png

With her hands resting on her lap, Kozel's legs blissfully dangled as she sat comfortably on what appeared to be a fluffy cloud. Although quietly listening to what god had to say, Kozel's awestricken eyes couldn't help but wander from side to side. It wasn't like there was much to see. It was just a sea of clouds and an endless horizon of whiteness that was bathed in calming sunlight. Some could argue that she was in heaven, given her death and all, but the weeb in here thought otherwise.

There was no need for god to speak any further since Kozel had immediately accepted that she was in a world of fantasy. It was a chance at a second life in a world different from her own. It was a story she was familiar with. Wait, I stand corrected. I meant, far too familiar with. The flat affect she had on didn't show it, but Kozel was ecstatic; she was literally on a cloud. Brimming with excitement, on the inside, Kozel had no plans on prolonging her talk with god any longer and was hurriedly nodding to everything she was told.

Concluding their talk, the image of the elderly god started to vanish along with the heavenly scenery around her. Kozel slowly leaned backwards until she was lying flat on her back. Her eyes gradually became heavy as her vision dimmed. The next time she awoke, she would open her eyes to her new reality. Well, or so she thought. Before her eyes could completely close, a bright glow had suddenly appeared behind her and from it came out...a pirate?

"Huh?!" Kozel couldn't help but raise her eyebrow as she uttered out loud. "Uh, god?" Whatever stupor she was experiencing, it was certainly no longer there. "He might have forgotten something?"

Last edited:
Mentions: NeramoDJI NeramoDJI Roffles Roffles
OOC
: Rp as you like so long as you don't double post. I don't necessarily need to post unless you need a reaction from the world for what you have done or wish to know.

Heavenly Plane - Foyer

06916c2397416c1931bc1f6127e17dd3.jpg
Unsurprisingly to Zeke and Kozel, the heavenly realm was filled with clouds and light. Or at least, that's how it appeared to them as Zeke stepped through the opening and Kozel was roused from her meeting with [god]. Despite appearances, heaven was actually filled with mana. Their appraisal skills, if they had them, would reveal the clouds were actually massive amounts of mana collected enough to be visible to the naked eye. What's more, the mana was pure, lacking any elemental or affinity intent. As far as the eye could see in all directions was this massive amount of pure mana that moved sluggishly over the space and gave off an ambient glow that made one think they were standing in sunshine when in actuality they were merely basking in the glow of the mana clouds. The sky, a brilliant white, was simply another layer of mana clouds likely hiding away higher layers of the heavenly realm.

Zeke would spy Kozel first, Kozel was not far off from the gate opened by Zeke, which came from the material plane. Around them, however, were dozens of other portals that went off to unknown destinations assuming they weren't one way trips to where they stood. Other humanoids were further along on the path and also visible with a brief scan of the area. They were all making their way to massive staircase with a very gradual elevation to the point where it was barely noticeable. The shimmering marble that made up the stairs turned out to be a further condensed and refined form of the mana clouds.

In the far distance, rising up out of the land of cloud and extending into the skies out of sight, a spire filled city of white shone like a beacon for all walking the stepped path. It almost felt like something beckoned to all those present. The stonework also pointed to the city with many different types of creatures visages, laced into the sculpted monuments and railing that made up the border of the stairs, gazing in the direction of the spires. There was sparse vegetation of an unknown variety. Pale like the clouds, they seemed to grow out of the mana.

Current Theme

"Gee, wonder if they went overboard on the mana...." He said with a small grin, his hands on his hips as he looked around, both glad and surprised that the portal even worked in the first place. He had his fair share of portals, and had seen many of them end in terrible disaster, and was dubious on the workings of his own to say the least. But he took a chance, and from the looks of things he was rewarded quite nicely. The place he looked upon was beyond his expectations, having just imagined a cloudy landscape with a sun and just that. But seeing the city gave him a bit of hope that this would be a rather lucrative venture so to speak. However, he had no intention of robbing this place in particular. He had seen [god] just now, and wasn't going to take his chances with that guys city. A big part of being a pirate like himself is picking your battles. And pick anything other than this one, he shall.

He spotted Kozel there on the ground, walking over and looking at the woman, raising an eyebrow. "There're better places to sleep than on the ground y'know." He said, smirking down at her as he lifted the brim of his hat to give him a bit of a better look over her, raising an eyebrow. He wondered if the ram horns were part of the new body she was given, or if this is what she looked like before the reincarnation was going to happen. Either way, not half bad if he were honest. If this were his last life all he'd see was a monkey or sheep, but being put in the body of a human certainly had effects on his preferences.

He didn't really know what he was going to do up here, other than check out the city, and she was between him and the city, so he figured it'd be a decent method to pass the time. After all, until he got back to pirating, no reason not to have a conversation, especially when it was with a potential crew member. He'd noted that there were people who seemed to be quite a bit above the others, and if his theory were correct, they were like him and were taken here after death. Which, if that theory were correct, meant she would be one of those exceptional individuals he could recruit. "As far as I understand, I am not who you're talking to." He said, speaking with an eloquence unbefitting that gruff appearance he had, referring to her asking if he were [god].

"Not when the ground is literally filled with clouds." Kozel thought to herself while letting out a barely audible "hmph". Whoever this tricorne-wearing, buttonless blouse strutting guy was, Kozel wasn't a fan.

With the somnolence that overtook her slowly fleeing, Kozel steadily got back to her feet. The entire thing was anticlimactic.

Instead of it completely dissipating, the heavenly scenery around her further flourished, highlighting it's majesty even more. As much as she wanted to appreciate and explore her surroundings, Kozel couldn't just simply get up and leave. It would've been rude and it was too early for that.

Dusting off what mana clouds remained on her, Kozel started arching her back before going through some stretches with her arms and neck.

"If you aren't god, then who are you? What's a guy like you doing in a place like this?" Her joints popped as she went on.

"The name's, uh, Kozel." There was some hesitance in her voice. "Yeah, I guess that's who I'll be from now on."

He looked down towards her, watching her get up on her feet. He wondered where she got the getup from, wondering if it was from [god] or what she was wearing before she died, but shrugged a little internally. He'd get around to asking about that.

He didn't really think he'd ruined her isekai process, though he did understand he'd interrupted it somewhat. Though, he figured it was just a coincidence as to him ended up where she'd be getting isekai'd. He saw all the other portals, frowning a little, having thought his power was a little more unique than that but supposing it was just something he'd get used to.

The view sure was something, but it also wasn't quite something that left him awestruck, remembering those times he'd witnessed similar sights in his last life. Fleeting memories, but ones that were so beautiful he could never truly forget them. Even as a bloodthirsty pirate he could appreciate the beauty in life and these sort of spectacles.

Humming to himself, he watched the clouds drip off of her, smirking as he internally got a potential business venture idea, wondering if he could at some point get a bottle of the mana clouds and see for what he could sell them for. However, he was no fool and knew someone had likely come up with that sort of concept before.

"People back through there call me Zeke. I'd offer my old name, but these vocal chords don't exactly let me pronounce my prior denomination." He said with a grin, standing there and watching her stretch herself in a way of simply waiting for her to be done. "As for what I'm doing here, I found my own way. Well, I suppose made my own way is a more accurate statement." He said, gesturing to the portal. "I'm here to see if there are any potential.... business ventures to be had. Apologies about interrupting your... process." He said, referring to her reincarnation.

Looking at the city, he grew curious, wondering if it was an actual city, or more if this was heaven and only the dead were allowed through those gates. No harm in giving it a try to get in though. Might meet some interesting types if this place had it's own people to it. He made sure to keep his glances at the city brief, keeping more of his attention on the Kozel girl before him, both to prevent coming off as rude to someone he wasn't robbing, and to make sure he wouldn't get shanked by some hidden weapon or something.

Last edited:
"Hmm. So he's like me." She wondered. "But Vocal cords? Was he like a dog or something?" Clearly preoccupied with limbering up, Kozel didn't dwell on such thoughts much. She was too busy appreciating how flexible her new physique was despite how it was built; she was reaching places she normally couldn't. And the aches in her lower back and shoulders, they were no longer there. She definitely had to test the limits of her body later, but for now, she had other more concerning issues to deal with.

Despite his apology, Kozel couldn't just get herself to trust a portal-hopping pirate. The fact that she kept on feeling his gaze on her didn't really help. Keeping her distance from Zeke, Kozel started walking forward at a leisurely pace.

"So, uh, I think I'll be heading to the city. You wanna come or something? Even though she was cautious about Zeke, Kozel couldn't just leave him there, right?

He smirked confidently, watching her do her thing, having remembered his own reaction to a new body as well. Although, his was quite a bit different due to his previous insectoid nature. He was surprised with her athletics, thinking he probably couldn't do the things she was, at least, not without much more effort. Though he supposed that was just some gift she was given. He wasn't sure what she was, but he figured he'd ask. "So, is this your new body, or something old." He asked, assuming the answer would be the new one, but figuring he'd ask to keep some sort of small talk going.

He didn't really expect trust when he chose his appearance, however he wanted something iconic, something not easily forgotten. After all, he wanted there to be accurate wanted posters of himself. It was more of a challenge to himself that way. And what fun was his life without some challenge.

"I would be disinclined to reject the offer." He said, taking his hat off and hooking it to his belt with a string. "It's pleasant to make your acquaintance Kozel." He said, walking along with her, a sort of strut to his walk filled with confidence.

Kozel remained distant, literally. Around an arm's length or a bit more. But if she had to be honest, despite the whole smug pirate vibe Zeke had going on, Kozel appreciated the brief moments of casualness that came from him.

It was definitely new, but for some reason, it felt familiar. Kozel was a character she had written about for years. She never had her drawn before, but if she had, it would probably look like what she was now. "New, yeah. I guess you could say that." She answered with a fair sense of realization in her words. Her hands on the other hand, were idly caressing her horns.

Ignoring what she thought to be a double negative, Kozel continued her horn-fondling as she turned to the pirate. "Right back at you, Zeke".

Her gaze shifted back to the pearly white stairs. "I hope the locals are gonna be as welcoming as [god] was."

Last edited:
He didn't mind her distance, not too inclined to want to get closer at the risk of alienating her. He enjoyed having little chats himself, which was why he made a slight effort not to alienate those who had not annoyed him, or those who he planned to rob.

He himself had no idea why his body was the way it was, since he had no fantasies of being a human before he was reborn as one. But he didn't particularly mind the transformation in any capacity. A second chance at life should never be squandered over something as small as appearance after all. "Ah, I see. I should have guessed, seeing as you seem to be getting used to those horns." He commented on her stroking of her own horns.

He used a double negative on purpose, as he meant for it to be a statement of acceptance. He had his thumbs in his pockets, something integral to the gait he had. "Glad the feeling is mutual then."

When he looked at the city, he didn't feel any particular way other than a small comfort within himself, smiling a little. "I feel like things are gonna be just fine. Only issue is gonna be me getting in if anything, you look like you belong here after all." He said, smirking a little at his intended subtle compliment, looking up towards the divine city. "I'm just curious as to how the people in there will look. If they'll look like humans, balls of light, birds, the mystery has me anxious."

Although only brief, Kozel's eyes widened slightly. She was caught off guard. Her hands were on her horns longer than she had expected. Not wanting to seem affected by this, she just went all in and kept on stroking them. It didn't matter if it made her look strange; she just had to keep a straight face. However, it was harder than she thought especially after Zeke's comment about her appearance.

"Huh? I could've sworn [god] didn't have horns." Her brow furrowed a bit, trying to make sense of what she heard.

As they drew closer to the city, Kozel was surprised that despite the unfamiliarity of the situation, her mind remained at ease. She just hoped that her instincts weren't going to betray her.

"Or they could all be old men?" Kozel thought to herself. It was definitely a dumb idea that she chose to keep to herself.

"I guess there's only one way to find out?" She bluntly said. Her voice was monotonous baring minimal to no emotion. Her pace slowed a bit as she took in a deep breath before letting out a loud yell. "Heellloooo!!!"

Zeke smirked a little at hitting the nail on the head, before looking back towards the city, glad to finally be getting a little adventurous with his locations. Before now all it had been was that ruddy empire, it was fun to scout out his eventual hunting grounds for a time, but he wanted some action. He didn't think his hunting would start quite yet. The first thing he had to do was steal the hearts of some crewmates so to speak, to get a loyal footing, and next stop was a ship. Thinking on it, maybe this Kozel girl would be a good opportunity to see how persuasive he could be in getting crewmates. With her being like himself in the isekai fashion, he knew she'd be an asset of no small value if he could get her on his side.

He didn't really think she'd get the compliment, thinking maybe he had it a little too nuanced to use casually. He was at ease himself, despite how usually he'd always be looking out for anything that might be trying to stab him, he doubted something like that would be found in a place like this. Seeing the gates getting closer and closer, he figured it would be time to start sating his curiosity piece by piece.

However, when she began to speak, he turned to her with an inquisitive expression. "And that would b-" He began to question, before seeing her breathing deep. "Nonon-!" He tried to stop her, wanting to not draw too much attention to themselves, his eyes widened as he shuddered at the volume of her yell. "Y'know, I don't think that was necessary." He stated with a deadpan expression, looking towards the gates which were right in front of them now, sighing as he waited for whatever response might come to her shout.

OOC
: Let's converse about stuff and things

Heavenly Plane - Gate

Upon Kozel shouting, the pair would find themselves alone together standing at a gate made of the white mana stone. The stairs they were on were quite a ways above the shifting clouds below. A fall may be a bit scary when looking over the edge would create the 'call of the void' sensation. The gate, itself, was tall, going up about 15 feet. It was completely flush with the steps it sat on, as if the gate was attached to the stairs and not meant to open. The pair could still see through the bars of the gate but they were too big to squeeze between the bars. The stairs continued on beyond the Gate. There didn't appear to be any clear reason for the gate to be there.

"Hello, welcome to Heaven. Um, what brings you both here? You don't quite look, um, the type.?"

Asked a little girl with wings and an odd looking halo. She was standing behind them on a lower step. It was not clear how or when she got there. Her hands were held together behind her back and she fidgeted in place as she waited for reply.

Crimvael.png

Zeke looked towards the girl after she approached the gate, looking down at her from the step he was on. He himself was a little curious as to why she looked the way she did, seeing as he was an alien in his last life he didn't know the standard depiction of angels, so she looked just like a human with wings and ring over her head to him. However, he merely sat down on his step so he was looking at her face level.

"Well, my friend here is a... new arrival you might say, and I came here to see the place for myself." He said, figuring it was best to tell the truth in heaven, not wanting to test his luck with lying. When in rome after all. "Who are you miss?" He asked, looking at her while the girl stood before him.

Internally, he was wondering how he was supposed to get past that gate to see the city, and that even if he did get through, what kind of things would be in the city. For instance, stores and whatnot. He didn't know if these people needed to eat anything but mana, and what would they do for entertainment? He'd bet his entire wallet that there wouldn't be a brothel in the place, that was for sure. Probably shouldn't talk about his piraty tendencies in this place. Though, although he mentioned it, he'd never actually been to a brothel, the place never really interested him. In his mind, it was just a money sink.

Despite Zeke's disapproval, Kozel remained unfazed, cupping her horns in curiosity. She was too concentrated on what would greet them on the other side of the gate. Instead from in front of them, an unexpected presence approached them from the back.

Kozel's eyes widened in awe, her arms froze in place at the sight of the small angelic being. Apparently lost for words, she stared in silence while Zeke did the talking. Following his lead, Kozel crouched down until she too was at around eye-level of their guest; both her knees were tucked in, pressing against her chest. No words could leave her mouth as she simply nodded in response to Zeke introducing her.

Kozel had the same question in mind, but instead of actually asking, she chose the more intrusive option and instinctively used her appraisal skill.

OOC
: Let's converse about stuff and things

Heavenly Plane - Gate

"My name is Fred"

The angel said with enthusiasm, her being lighting up as she did so. Kozel, on the other hand, was bombarded with an abundance of information that amounted to a social media feed. Bio, background, images, various status updates, etc... Appraisal on Fred revealed next to nothing on the angel directly, but it did conveniently bring up her information she freely shared to this Elysium Concordance TM. She is a low level angel and therefore better suited to greeting guests of Heaven. When she's not working and getting to know the new folk visiting heaven, she likes hanging out with friends and enjoying the various leisure activities offered in heaven. (More info can be provided with more specific request by Appraisal)

"Oh, I'm sorry. You both can't come through here yet. You are both still alive and it looks like at least one of you has yet to cleanse the evil from his soul. Do not worry though. I know you can do it. I'll be rooting for you!"

Fred says with both small hands clenched in determination. The sincerity was palpable as Zeke and Kozel were starting to feel it emanating off Fred. The atmosphere of Heaven was so thick with mana that it was hidden at first, but Fred likely was exuding large amounts of mana just with the fluctuation of their emotions. Had Zeke and Kozel not had time to acclimate to the high mana concertation of heaven, they may have had a reaction to all the mana simply be being around Fred. Was unclear what a cityscape filled with creatures like fred would do to a mortal body not particularly strong in mana yet.

Crimvael.png

(me after passing my angeling exam)
thumb-1920-1065463.png

(my friends were so proud of me)
161bf1ea6dab6f21892e278a46ed4f194f957d33.jpg

(me after a long day at work. nothing better than just relaxing after becoming so exhausted at work.)
wp5897297.jpg

Zeke shuddered a little at the feeling of the mana, looking at Fred slowly, some questions coming into his head as he saw the age and information, as well as the name of the Angel itself. He was now a bit wary on whether or not this was in fact a little girl as appearances led him to believe before. He sighed a bit at the answer, thinking this endeavor would be impossible to make worth the trouble of making the portal. However, along this thought process, an idea entered his head, which left him smiling a bit. “Ah, I see. That’s fine then. Though, I must ask, is there someplace I could visit or stay for just one night? Er…. Well, night back home at least, I don’t believe it really gets dark here.” He said, looking up at the endless sunny sky. “You probably already know it’s extremely cold where the Big Man sent me, and I was just hoping to have a warm place to stay and maybe talk to some people before I go back. I understand not being able to go through to the main city of course.” He explained, trying to more appeal to the angels pity so he could maybe at least see what might have been worth coming here for. Making portals to new locations was incredibly difficult, and he’d much rather not have made one to a useless location.

He glanced at Kozel, deciding to shoot his shot so to speak about having her join his crew after the Angel answered, since it didn’t seem this girl had anything to her name, so maybe he could convince her it would be mutually beneficial for her to come with him. Of course, that was a bit of a long shot seeing as he had no ship at the current time, though he was in the market as it were.

“After all, if I’m to be cleansing that ‘evil’ you were talking about, I’ll need plenty of help. After all, I don’t see much wrong with myself, so maybe others can help show what I might be doing wrong, and who better for that than people up here?” He asked, gesturing to the whole of heaven around them, looking at Fred while waiting for the answer, sure there must be some kind of ‘waiting area’ of some kind with all those portals he saw behind himself.

Kozel couldn't help but resist her eyes from winces. This could have been from the mana that was exuding from Fred, or the amount of Fred-related information that was flooding her mind. Regardless, Kozel had no plans of succumbing to either. Aside from her awestricken eyes, the rest of Kozel's face remained unfazed. While Zeke continued to speak, Kozel just tried processing everything she was experiencing. Her breath gradually became heavier and more audible as her heart started to thump. Kozel couldn't deny her preference, or should I say infatuation, for cute and small things. Managing to keep quiet just long enough for Zeke to finish talking, Kozel spurted out in a hurried manner.

"Comewithus!"

Her eyes widened in embarrassment as she immediately realized what she had just done. Trying to pass it off as nothing, Kozel rested her palm on her chest before pretending to clear her throat.

"I mean, maybe you could stay with us and take us to somewhere that we're allowed to go to." Her eyes deviated to the sides in an attempt to not make any eye contact with Fred.

OOC
: I amuse myself sometimes

Heavenly Plane - Waiting Room

318737044355211.png
Fred's sincere smile became a nervous one as she looked back and forth between Zeke and Kozel.

"Um, uh, sure. I can help you guys out. Leave it to me. I'll take you someplace you can rest and wait!"

Unsure at first, her confidence and pep returned by the end. Raising a little first in the air like a cheer, she shouts "Let's Go!" And everyone began to freefall.

The stairs and gate the group had been standing by faded away like dust in the wind. A column of air opened up beneath them that became the passageway for their freefall down, down, down..until they reached the sea of clouds beneath the stairs and then down even deeper they went. Despite how far they fell from the brilliance that was the city, they never lost light. The entire space, illuminated by the ambient glow of the mana clouds the lined their free fall, gave the constant unsettling feeling of their stomachs moving as gravity was applied in an unusual manner upon their bodies. At least the space smelt faintly of lavender.

As suddenly as they fell, they landed. While Fred tiptoed gracefully onto the tiled floor, Zeke and Kozel were left to sort out their own landings. Upon inspection, they would find themselves in a hallway reminiscent of an old world medical building. Pale florescent lighting overhead among a removeable tile ceiling for easy maintenance. Whatever hole they descended through was no longer apparent. The space smelled more like antiseptic and cleaning agents now. The hall was also eerily quiet and a bit on the cold side temperature wise.

"Welcome to the Isekai Hell Waiting Room. Here you can wait as long as you need to until your ideal host becomes available for occupation. Oh! Here's one now.."

Fred's happiness ran in stark contrast to the mood the prevailed in the Waiting Room. Many individuals with a ethereal quality eyed an oversized TV monitor on the far wall. It would occasionally flip between day time talk shows and the innards of a woman or egg giving birth to live. First spirit to the TV got reincarnated. Some of them actively fought with each other for some of the better options (some of the woman appeared to be giving birth into rooms decorated for the wealthy or Royals). After each successful soul send off, the TV would flip back to a talk show and the entire room, its occupants, and any distruction caused was reset for the next round that would come at an unknown time. Fred seemed oblivious to the desperate and dog eat dog nature of the situation as she smiled again in a beaming fashion at being so helpful and accommodating.

"You are...NOT the father!"

thumb-1920-1065463.png

epdnzdus4hs51.jpg

"Y'know, gotta say, I don't think this is what we had in mind. Also, you said this is where we wait for new bodies, but you just acknowledged that we were not exactly deceased up there." He said with a raised eyebrow. "Bein honest, if this is what you had in mind for sleeping the night, I don't exactly think this is the best place for us to be." He said with a deadpan expression. Internally, he was disgusted with the occasional contents of the TV, wondering what this place was, since he had no recollection of this place when he reincarnated, since he was taken by that [god] fellow and just dropped into a body. He was tempted to just open his portal and leave, but he also knew that might not be the best idea with these spirits hungry for life. "Is this more part of your plan or are you just improvising?" He asked fred, getting annoyed with how this entire adventure gave him absolutely nothing to show for it, despite how much it would cost him in the long run making a portal to the heaven scape.

"Look is there some kind of town where I could buy things here or is this all you have that is not the city?" He asked, his patience with the angel dwindling, starting to get irate with how horridly all of this went, taking a few deep breaths. "This location clicks with none of the traits I asked for other than a place to kill time. Would you expect someone to sleep here?" He said, looking at the shorter angel slowly. He took a deep breath, slowly beginning to breath in and out, trying to keep his cool.

"If you don't have anything like what I asked about, could we...." He said, before slowly cutting himself off, deciding to use appraisal on the spirits in the room, wondering if he might be able to actually ascertain something useful from them to use. After all, making the best of a bad... awful... absolutely useless... terrible.... maybe he shouldn't think about descriptive words for this particular situation. Turning his attention to those spirits, deciding he'd just search for anyone with any useful talents or traits among them he could make use of.

After all, this angel was very clearly not going to be of any help, and maybe these souls had some special talents he could make use of. He doubted it though, but he had to at least try.

The clouds beneath their feet felt like they seemingly parted, losing whatever foothold they had, leaving them helpless to what came after. Immediately as they started to freefall from where they stood strange music began to play. It could've all been in Kozel's head. They were in the heavenly realm; those sort of things could probably happen, I guess. Despite their descent being abrupt and unexpected, Kozel couldn't help but keep track of Fred. It was if she had an alluring glow that she couldn't resist, making whatever infatuation she previously had even stronger. She was definitely a divine being in her eyes.

Despite the change in scenery and theme of where they were, Kozel maintained a flat expression, showing little interest for what was around them. Her focus was all directed to the wonderful angel in front of her. Although only meeting her recently, Kozel had been lost in her thoughts for far longer. But that was her little secret for now.

Breaking free from whatever self-inflicted trance she was in, Kozel finally tried to comprehend the situation they were now in. It was contradicting to what [god] had told her, but since Fred brought them their, and she served [god] (presumably), then it was probably where they needed to be.

"Fred." Kozel's tone was stern. "Are we suppose to do what they are doing?" She turned her gaze to the souls that were seated and waiting. "Or is there something else?" This might have been a test that Kozel was putting them through. Someone as wise as her would definitely think of something like this. At least that's what Kozel though, but this was highly unlikely and she just overexaggerates her expectations of Fred. She'll get disappointed sooner or later.

OOC
: dooby dooby doooo

Heavenly Plane - Waiting Room

318737044355211.png

Zeke's appraisal would reveal a room full of entities stronger than him as most of their information was blurred out or entirely missing. Only some of them were close enough to Zeke in ability to be viewable by Appraise and even then half their skills were hidden or blurred. It would seem that all those who got to wait and chose how they reincarnated into the world had the common trait of being exceptional.

Fred was still reveling in a job well done when Zeke started in on her with questions. She was caught unawares once again as he was not heaping praises and gratitude upon her like in the pamphlets. She nodded more to herself than to Zeke: she would redouble her efforts to be the best guiding angel ever.

"I'm sorry you are displeased Mr. Don't worry though. This place will let you rest if you actually needed it."

With that, Fred proceeded to walking over to the nearest door. The metal knob turned by itself and the thick wooden door swung in to a hospital room that housed 2 hospital beds and a privacy curtain for each with a tv on the opposing wall per bed. The same 'show' was on the screens as what was on the TV in the main waiting area. The privacy curtains were drawn but the glow from the televisions cast shadows on the sheer curtains to suggest the room was not only occupied, but also in 'heavy' use with smells wafting out in stark contrast to anything clean and sterile.

*shlap shlap shlap* *moaning sounds throughout* *imagine.....*

"Oh, wow! I've never seen an alien shadow puppet show before. There's always interesting things going on down here,"

Fred commented after stepping out of the doorway and letting the door shut. Puppet show or not, the room was occupied and wouldn't suit Zeke's needs. Her dainty feet stepped softly but her soft sandels still made a sound the quietly echoed in the spacious hall they went down checking some of the other hospital rooms until they found an empty room.

"Ta-da!"

Fred announced proudly as she led them inside. Soft lamp lights camp on at their entrance and accompanied the glow of the tv's in the room suddenly coming on. Next to each bed was an IV. On the bag hanging from the setup was the label: Grade A Jesus Juice. Wasn't Grade S but still pretty good. Now that the main issue was addressed, Fred squinted her eyes and furrowed her brow as she thought really hard. Her small fist gently knocked the top of her head when she recalled what she was trying to remember.

"So anyway, you guys can feel free to hang out here until you are ready to go back to Isekai Hell. Zeke has the means to take you both back. You sillies wouldn't want to reincarnate like those other souls when you have bodies already."

Fred replied to earlier questions in a matter-of-fact way, her eyes sparkling briefly with magical pentagrams swirling in her irises.

"Um, there isn't really a town or village here for getting 'supplies'. The mana in the air generally supplies a soul with all they need to persist and thrive. But you know what they say about, um, raising a new soul, and how it takes a village or whatever. You can imagine the souls here are like a village and chat with some of them if you like. Some of them have lived several lives already..."

A couple holding hands came into the room behind the trio. They quietly backed up and left suddenly when they spotted Fred. Fred was preoccupied doing her bestest for Zeke and Kozel

thumb-1920-1065463.png

epdnzdus4hs51.jpg

After all their hijinks and Scooby-Doo-esque door hopping shenanigans, Kozel's abnormal infatuation for Fred continued to grow; for the best or worst, even I'm not sure. The hospitality, selflessness, and amicability that she was displaying was befitting of an angel. Her infatuation had turned into determined admiration. Being able to meet her was definitely a blessing given by [god].

Although given the opportunity to speak to greater beings and individuals, Kozel had her eyes focused on one. She was reminded that her time in the heavenly realm, her time with Fred, was temporary and about to end. Maybe this encounter was something [god] had planned and was what he meant when he mentioned saving the world. A fire had been lit inside of Kozel, a passion different from what she had before.

"Zeke." For the first time since they met Fred, Kozel's gaze shifted to the pirate.

"You look like a man with a purpose. What do you want to achieve?" It wasn't out of character, but the shift in Kozel's mood was rather sudden.

Zeke decided that beyond that point, he would go with the flow, sighing softly and following her wherever she took them, snickering a little to himself at the two smashing behind the curtains, before listening to her say it was an alien puppet show. "I'll have you informed an alien puppet show involves the stars and a lot more gunfire." He said with a joking tone after they left, not wanting to announce his presence to the two who were doing the do so to speak. He wasn't thinking this encounter really had any purpose, in fact he thought the portal only really had purpose in showing him where he could get an abundance of mana.

When he heard Kozel address him, he turned to her and nodded softly. "Yes miss?" He asked, raising an eyebrow towards her. When she asked him what his goals were, he shrugged a little.

"Well, there's the realistic answer and there's the pretty answer. I figure you're lookin' more for the idealistic answer." He said, deciding to tell a bit of a partial truth in a hope to get her in his crew. "Well, I plan on becoming entire worlds greatest pirate. And you may notice a bit of a grammatical error, but I assure you, it was wholeheartedly intended. You see, using the ability I used to get here, I intend to pillage entire dimensions, and share the wealth within with all." He explained, giving her the pretty answer with his claim of wanting to share it. He had no intentions of sharing what he wanted for himself.

"But above all. I want to explore the stars once more." He said, smiling a little. "You see, I'm not sure where you came from, but from where I'm from, going from planet to planet is as simple as crossing the street. And I want to experience that endless freedom again. And use that euphoric explorationary freedom, to change this world for the better. After all, with my plan, there will be so much to go around that no one will ever hunger nor want again."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back