• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Graded [Ryken City (PD)] Tutoring Session with the Dead

43058411-DDDA-45C0-8FD9-800D0E55E74C-3-2.jpeg

“W-what?” Scylla gasped at what the fairy said, “T-this one? You mean-“ Connecting the dots she muttered. “Theres two Arthurs.”

“Excuse me?!” Scylla snapped, visibly indignant at Arthur’s rude remarks. “I nearly got eaten by a stupid worm in here! And it’s gross stomach acid ate away at my clothes! Are you a tailor? Maybe, you could get me some clothes then!” Then he really did it when the man openly insulted her name. “Just who the hell do you think you are?! Is that how you just speak to everyone you just meet even if you don't remember them!? AND For your information, my name is pretty as fuck!” She was getting ready to simply start firing her darkest magic at this dimwit, but she managed to somehow keep it together, after all, this was a mission Renee personally gave her. The desire to be recognized by the coven leader was just much stronger than the petty offenses thrown at her. Besides, it wasn’t the first time, and most certainly not the last.

Then upon his further evaluation, Scylla decided to indulge in his trail of thought, “Sure, you dont know us, but why would we come way out here..” twilring her index finger and rolling her eyes. “..just to lie to you to come with us? Unless, you’re expecting someone?” She looked around a bit, as corpses would stirr in the distance. “Apparently people have come here to seek you out? And im assuming you killed them?”

Scylla’s mind was racing throughout this entire conversation, the thought that this man appeared so unstable, desensitized and cynical was making her very nervous. Her words wouldn’t evoke a reaction, it was almost as if this Arthur was just, void. At least the one she knew before, albeit mysterious and reserved, had moments of relief. “Yeah, okay i’ll give you that one, Dahak is definately a bitch.” She said looking away before Arthur mentioned to be pressed on time.

Iberis would reveal her latest in magical prowess then, Scylla would blink as her close friend channeled the magic, sending gusts of ethereal wind through the place. The witch would clap inaudibly close to her lips as to not interrupt the intention of her action. Scylla would nod, definately nodding to her question, Iberis was definately a prodigee. Her aura had definately got bigger as she channeled the mana through her frame, much bigger than when they’d first met. Renee, had taught their youngest coven member very well.

However It was now or never. When Iberis was done, Scylla would step a little closer towards Arthur.

Scylla would cross her arms, and continued, “Look, I know you might think we’re a bunch of weirdos and maybe we are, but dont you want to get out of this horrible place? I mean, do you really see yourself stuck here for eternity, in this.. this.. never ending cycle of killing and killing? Y’know, what you say is true though, i’ve sensed this world turning restless, and i assure you whatever is coming, will certainly spill to every corner across the land. Even here. Killing, might be what it takes, but not here. Not against these.. things. And most certainly not against us.” She pointed at the awakening dead. “So.. what say you?” The witch said finally with a shrug. “Oh. And if Cytha wants to come along too, i’d love to keep her company. What do you say little ghost fairy? Hm?” She smiled at the fair apparition, albeit nervously upon it seeming like the witch might had lost her favor. "Oh. At least give it a try! If you still hate us after a few hours then, you can just come back here and do.. well.. whatever it is you do here."

Last edited:
Inquiry's Fall

1670123584819.png

1670123610553.png

The man stared at them with his strangely yellow and flaring eyes, similar to a creature's eyes in the middle of the night while you shine light at it. " Hmm. " He was thinking, contemplating what to do next. Then he would stick his arm out, his long fingers wiggling rapidly as they then morphed into a long blade, the man let out a heavy sigh walking towards the three, " Shagging? " He asked with a confused tone. " No. " the stranger's other hand was raised as the fingers extended into knife like objects, " I want to see what you all look like without skin and blood. " The stranger's eyes widen as, eerily enough, his covered mouth etched a vague smile. " Your blood. I can smell it. Magic. A witch. Just like the one that rules this realm. " Which the statement grabbed Renee's attention. " Maybe I'll even present your corpses to her and see if she can free me from this realm. I can see you two teaming with life. " His eyes laid on Hope and Renee. " I will devour your corpse. Give you to my beasts. " His eyes stared at Kalina next. Although Hope's comment did gain his attention and a laugh from Renee despite being in pain. " Funny comment. I'll render your soul first then. " The guy stated calmly as he took a step forward while the tattoo on his chest glowed before instantly appearing in front of Hope raising one of his hands up ready to slash Hope with a single swipe.

1670127660715.png

Renee Nyx
1670189604397.png

Renee's arm finally grew back, blood spilling as it painfully grew back fully. Renee could barely feel it for a few moments as she moved her fingers to get the blood circulating. It smelled and felt disgusting. Renee would see the appearance of this new character but that mattered little to her right now, Renee was even rubbing her arm to get feeling back. The back-and-forth banter didn't really garner her attention until this guy mentioned a witch having control of this realm, which Renee's eyes perked up and looked at the strange being. The mention of this being made Renee stand up while holding her new arm, pulling her journal out of her bag, she remained silent. The witch made sure to watch the being as it had morphed its own limbs into weapons deadly enough to rip and tear them apart. Renee then giggled at Hope's joke, which the entity did not appreciate apparently. Although Renee was ready with her own magic, conjuring it in her hand, the creature took a step forward and immediately the slender figure was in front of Hope ready to slash her down.

But then just as the figure appeared in front of Hope, Renee released her own magic upon the creature. Pointing two fingers at the creature, she released a powerful string of electricity that arced in the air, flying through it sparked up the air [Lightning Bolt D]. The creature swung its left hand at Hope just as the bolt of lightning connected with his body, the power of the bolt coursed through his body which caused the creature to fly into the wall with enough force that broke the wall, causing the creature to fall onto one knee as he smoldered. Although as he flew away, his left hand would come back and scratch Hope's face rather than take her head off, the tips of his long fingernails dug deep into her skin, all five shredded through, she'd have five deep gashes on her face. Luckily for her eye was saved.

• Lightning Bolt - D - Magic Affinity D, Energized D, Electric Affinity E, Magic Range E: Renee conducts electricity through her body and into her fingertips, pointing two fingers at her target, Renee releases a powerful bolt of lightning that reaches around 30 feet. - 1 post cooldown.

The creature began to laugh as it stood up, its fingers returning to normal, now balling up fists as it continued to smolder. Renee looked a bit surprised that it did not go down so easily. " Hmm. That tickled. " The stranger stared at Renee next. " I'll be sure to carve your skull out for a new lamp. " Renee then suddenly spoke loudly, " He can Voidwalk, be careful! " She stated almost in a panic as she took a step back quickly and the creature immediately took a step forward appearing between Kalina and Renee, his hand stretched out attempting to grab Renee, but he was too late, he nearly grabbed Renee by her neck. Now having his back turned on Kalina. " Hmm. Smart one you are. Smart enough to not throw insults. " The creature spoke to Renee. It then turned its head to look at Kalina with his eerie looking eyes, making sure to keep an eye on her. Like he was taunting her.

1670223139805.png

1670223805184.png
As Iberis stepped up to take on the massive group of slowly walking beings were approaching her, Iberis would see they were clearly undead, although it is hinted that to Arthur they look like regular people or people he used to know. " Ooooh! She is definitely going to die! " The fairy called, Iberis would see there was around fifteen of them in front of her, all now staring at her, drool and sludge dripped from their mouths. Iberis' [Energy Stream D] would flow to the closest target and instantly vaporize it. Cytha would call to Iberis, " That's one! You got fourteen more to go! " She called from her seat. Quickly one tried running for her, carrying a large mace but Iberis' next spell [Energy Bolt E] would then be cast which blasted at the aggressive undead, the arcane magic would blast into the chest of the undead, blasting it away into the wall, causing it to fall over as the rest continued to slowly make their way towards Iberis. " Thirteen left! " Cytha called while she looked at her book, kicking her legs.

Arthur Verg
1670223172488.png

Arthur would hear Iberis and his face grimaced when asked if he's seen kids her age cast magic. " I think most people your age are stupid! " Arthur took a step forward to try and stop Iberis only for Scylla to move forward, he had ignored most of what she had said as he found her boring but now that she stepped forward and he almost ran into her he stopped and looked at her as she spoke. What she was saying made sense, although the only reason why he was listening was because his eyes looked down at Scylla's somewhat exposed chest, he even smiled before his eyes looked up at the witch. " You are a bunch of weirdos I do not trust. People I should probably kill right now. " Arthur stated, Scylla found feel the barrel of his weapon on her stomach, he then looked at Cytha who cleared her throat. Looking to the fairy, it was clear she was not happy with the proposal that Scylla was offering Arthur. " No, Arthur. Don't accept their offer. They are trying to get you killed. Dispose of them and be done with it. " Cytha told Arthur.

The hitman scoffed, " Why? They are offering me a better deal than you have my entire time here. " Arthur lowered his gun from Scylla's stomach, this angered Cytha who turned from blue to red. " Because I told you to- " Bullets rang through the air as Cytha was lit up with a barrage of bullets. The barrage coming from Arthur's gun who had directed his weapon at the fairy, lighting her up. When the gunfire stopped and the smoked cleared, Cytha's body fell to the floor where she was covered with holes, her face unrecognizable as her fae blood began to pool around her small dead body. Arthur huffed, as he then lowered his weapon moving over to her body, he kicked over her corpse where the book was now laying on the ground. Arthur picked it up and stared at it, her blood had stained it a little bit instead became absorbed into it. Arthur smirked and turned to face Scylla making his way back. She had witness him kill his own ally without a second thought. " Here. " He handed her the book, smiling a bit evilly. " Consider this good faith in what you say. Although you better be right in what you say. If you are lying and try to kill me. I will make sure I take the kid first. " Arthur whispered as he gently placed a hand on her face, his thumb rubbing over her bottom lip. " Otherwise. We'll be straight and I'll leave you both alone once this is over. " Arthur pulled his hand away, getting one last peek at her chest before moving on to help Iberis. " Unless you are interested in sharing a bed for a night after this. " Arthur laughed as he walked away. When Arthur presented the book, he gave it to her at the last page where a new name popped up. Cytha.

Scylla would see that the book felt alive, but when she touched the book, the pages quivered, but under each name would be a small summary of whoever that has died within the vicinity of the book. A Book of the Dead. Upon making his way over to Iberis, Arthur placed a hand on her shoulder and pulled her back behind him as Arthur began to unload on the undead in front of him, taking a few of them down as names began to appear in the book Scylla held. Names that were so lost to time, they weren't even real words. Arthur then gripped the sword attached to his belt as one had made it pass his bullets, Arthur quickly swung his weapon, connecting with a undead's weapon before stylishly moving his weapon under theirs and chopping the head off of his enemy. Before Scylla knew it, there were thirteen new names in her new book after Cytha. " Hurry it up you two. We better find this witch of yours before more of them appear.- " " YOU! " A voice called. Arthur looked and quickly his entire attitude changed, he would see that there was a tall burly man in a suit, half his body a human tiger. " Oh no. " Arthur whispered. " Michael. " Arthur said as he placed his sword away and held his gun in both hands. The man began to walk forward, he was massive, anger on his face. " I killed you and yet here you are still alive! You traitor! " This Michael yelled. Arthur narrowed his eyes. " I should have made sure to kill you first. " Michael wore a very modern garb. A black suit with a trench coat and hat, although half his body was covered in fur and one of his eyes was a cat's eye. " You betrayed the family for your own! And they left you to die after they scammed you for all of the Family's! Yet you want to kill me! " Michael roared. Arthur had a hand behind his back, shooing Iberis away to go back to Scylla, he knew this was going to go south. " Yeah, they betrayed me. So did you when you told me to kill them. " Arthur growled. " That was because you left me no choice! Because you betrayed! MY! TRUST! " He roared so loudly; you could hear the pain in his voice behind the words he spoke. Arthur scoffed as he then pulled his gun on Michael, beginning to fire rounds into the man but he was fast. Incredibly fast. He charged forward and grabbed Arthur by his throat and gun, pushing him into the wall, breaking it. Arthur had a face of pain as he tried to fight back.

1670226663081.png
Balling a fist up, punching Michael in the face. It did nothing but anger him more as he pulled Arthur from the wall and slam him into it once again. " You fucking traitor! You were like my son! " Michael roared. Arthur had a face of anger, " I was your slave! You made me kill kids you sick fuck! You made me feed a man to his own wife and parents! " Arthur yelled as he then jammed a thumb into one of his eyes causing Michael to roar in pain and release Arthur, backing up, holding his eye.

1670226817306.png

Malik
1670226835472.png

Sage as he travelled tried to leave this prison, he found himself in, but then he'd hear a weapon strike the ground, looking back Sage would see Malik had summoned his weapon, a long golden trident that he slammed on the ground as a golden fence appeared before Sage, keeping him inside this tomb. " Actually. I want to see what you can do, Sage. " Malik stared at the fairy, having a bloodlust in his eyes. " So. What can you do? Fairy? " Malik asked as his wings widen into the air as they glowed a dark gold for a moment as golden globes appeared in the air and began to fly around the room before moving towards Sage, ready to pierce the small fairy. " Are you prepared for this world, Sage? " Malik would take to the skies, holding his trident in one hand as he stared down at Sage on the ground.

Kalina Chivernu
Mentions: Renee Skyhunter Skyhunter | Hope The Last Curse The Last Curse

Although Kalina was glad to see the Fae was still alright, she did make her think. The Fae was panicked. That was the normal reaction to seeing someone you care about with their arm ripped off and laughing like a maniac, wasn't it? Sure, Kalina had been shocked as well, but she'd surprised herself by how quickly that turned into rage. Was it the monster in her? Perhaps it was. At least Renee seemed... okay-ish? In a way? She wasn't even sure of it. Despite all of that, she chuckled at Hope's comment. The meek Fae woman snapping back was a lot more entertaining than hearing the badmouthing of the average folk. She'd tell Hope not to apologise, but she had some sneaking to do first.

Luckily enough, the man gave her more than enough time to hide away into the shadows, as he kept rambling about wanting to kill them whilst transforming his arm and hand into weapons. She did almost give herself away when hearing about a witch controlling this realm. Was it Renee's former teacher? Was that why they were here?

She wasn't granted a lot of time think about it, as their opponent suddenly teleported to right in front of Hope. To make matters worse, their opponent clearly had some pretty high healing properties. Also Hope's fresh blood smelled... delicious. No, focus. She had an opponent to kill. The guy showed her his back, but turned around to watch her before she could strike. So much for trying to hide and strike from the shadows. “Are you that eager to look your upcoming death in the eyes?”

She took out her Hand Crossbow, aiming at his head and making sure that none of her allies were behind him, so that were he too void-walk, she'd not hit Renee or Hope. Immediately after she fired the bolt, however, she drew her rapier. With some luck, the fucker would void-walk up to her to dodge the bolt and to try and catch her off-guard. She'd be ready to intercept him with a [Precision Strike]. She was even keeping in mind that he might just as easily appear behind her short after vanishing, for that matter. As much as she wanted this guy dead as soon as possible, she wasn't eager to be lured into something foolish.

Precision Strike: – Accurate F, Penetrating F, Range F – Character strikes at a target accurately and with the full force of the fighting style.

C Grade Cooldowns: (1/3)
D Grade Cooldowns: (2/2)
F Grade Cooldowns: (0/0)

Iberis

c1c09798754ff7edcdb17e719dc490d4-1.jpg
Iberis pouted with a bit of a scowl some upon hearing Arthur's response about him thinking that most people her age were stupid. She was tempted to verbally engage back but felt like that wouldn't yield the best results, they had a much more important goal to meet. she hoped at least that her words and actions had some impact on the situation, instead taking note of any more undead that may or may not have been coming. But when she looked over and Saw Arthur with his weapon near Scylla she tensed up not sure what he was going to do, it wasn't like she could hit him from the distance that she was now away from them, so when he brought the weapon away she felt relieved. What she hadn't been expecting that fairy getting upset and telling him to kill them! Iberis was on the ready now to start casting at him should it be necessary, but instead he turned on the fairy making holes in her with his firearm as she died.

This was good for her and Scylla she knew that now with how flippant Cytha had been ready for them to die just like that, but at the same time it also meant that Arthur also had no qualms turning on people who he was affiliated, from Iberis's perspective, she'd need to be more wary moving forwards, but he had ultimately picked them over Cytha, it was all a bit conflicting feeling at the end of the day. Iberis was only making out pieces of the conversation that was going on, much more when Cytha had exclaimed, but she couldn't her anything that Arthur had said to Scylla all close up now, her attention split between the advancing undead and what was going on back there she cast another Energy Bolt at the next closest undead, during that conversation, and it wasn't long before she saw Arthur coming towards her. Her pout softening some as he placed a hand on her shoulder, and he started shooting at the remaining ones.

"..Thanks, you won't regret it." She let out softly giving him her somewhat tired gaze.

The thanks had more to do with just him dispatching the other undead but also him deciding to side with them, not kill them and come meet up with Renee, as he could have easily turned on them she knew. She watched onwards unperturbed as he cut through the undead enemies, interested to see what he was capable of doing more up close.
"That's a pretty nifty weapon you have th-" She was about to comment until suddenly it seemed liked all hell broke lose then and there when some figure in strange clothing yelled out towards Arthur. This startled Iberis causing her to grip her staff and look over at whoever it was.

When Iberis saw the clothing, and Arthur started walking forwards suddenly she could see a picture in her mind...lights neon signs? There were some people walking along very tall buildings and bright building fronts, unlike anything she had ever seen before in her mind, yet somehow it all seemed so familar..more people wearing strange clothing, until eventually she snapped back into reality through the yelling once more.
She saw Arthur shooing her away, listening to the developing aggressive conversation what the hell had happened between the pair? As much as she didn't want to back off this seemed personal so she did making her way swiftly back towards Scylla on guard now, not looking back until she was far enough away, seeing the struggle, before Arthur counted.

"Scylla we gotta be on standby.." She said intently, looking back at the scene now intensely, near her if she was successful getting back.

Actions:
Cast Energy Bolt- Magic Affinity E Arcane Affinity F, Magic Range F, Magic Targeting F, Energized E, Focus E -A more refined more powerful variation of Mana strike, Iberis sends forth a bolt of energy to strike a single target up to 10 ft away. Grade E - 0 Post Cooldown (Energized)
on nearest undead if applicable.
2. Move back towards Scylla 30 ft
3. Move back towards Scylla as much as needed to be in close proximity and at a safer range.

Mentions: Skyhunter Skyhunter RavenSong RavenSong

Hope.jpg
Mentions: Elvario Elvario Skyhunter Skyhunter

As Hope watched the creature morph its appendages into horrible weapons, she wished she'd never spoken. This guy-monster-whatever was completely insane, and she'd just instigated him even further! She should've stayed quiet! Just like how she should've been with those slimes! Now Renee would give her another lecture. And then Kalina would think she was worthless, too. And after that, they'd leave her here and...

Laugh?

Hope's eyes darted to Renee, and sure enough, the witch had giggled at something. And though Kalina was nowhere to be seen, she'd definitely heard the faintest vestige of a friendly chuckle somewhere in the darkness. But this was all wrong! This wasn't the raucous, mocking laughter she was expecting! It sounded like they were laughing with her, at someone else entirely! Hope looked around, trying to find who'd been made the laughingstock, but as she laid eyes on the monster, she understood. It was him; they were laughing at him! Because of something she said! She actually did something right!

For a moment, Hope felt all warm and fuzzy inside. Then, the queasiness in her stomach started to cease, and so did the terrible trembling that wracked her legs. She gazed at the monster, and the most devilish smile formed in her eyes. Maybe it wouldn't hurt to be mean just a little longer. "Oh, really?" She narrowed her eyes, "Fine then, we'll do it your way, Swiss kni-" Before she could finish her sentence, the monster had already rushed up to her. Thankfully, she had Renee repel it into the wall, but afterward, her face felt funny. And, for some reason, she was falling.

A sharp pain ran up Hope's spine as she fell on her behind. "Agh!" She cried, one hand flying to massage her lumbar, the other feeling her face, "G-goddamn it! Y-you..!" She felt a violent, hot flash of pain soar across her visage, all while her fingers probed at something warm and sticky. Shakily, she brought her hand into her vision, and she knew the dark-blue liquid covering her hand couldn't have been her blood. But Hope knew better.

The bastard scratched her! It didn't even let her speak! How could it do something so low? She needed to punish it! She needed to get even now! Screw everything else!

Eyes flaring, Hope slowly reached down to the floor and channeled her magic, extending it past the creature's legs and into its own shadow. Then, through wincing eyes, Hope charged the shadows with chaos and melded them into three sharp tentacles, aiming to skewer the monster from behind, right in its glowing chest. As for the last two, she hid them behind herself, waiting to strike if it so dared to warp behind her.

• Umbral Grasp - Magic Range F + Magic Targets F + Affinity F (Chaos) + Affinity F (Shadow) + Magic E - Hope extends a veil of shadows along the floor and imbues it with chaos once it reaches a target, striking them with a dark, tentacle-like appendage. Works up to 30ft and up to five targets. - Grade E - 1 post cooldown

Scylla scoffed at Arthurs insult towards Iberis, shaking her head as the witch crossed her arms. It wasnt until she had moved forward towards Arthur that she had caught his attention, although it wasn’t exactly the way she imagined. The gun wielder would continue to press with his insults along with a menacing threat, but before Scylla would even begin to continue her arguement she felt the warm steel from the barrel of a gun on her stomach. The witch gasped, she looked down, then back up at her potential murderer as she brought her hands up to her shoulders, a highly anxious expression influencing her features. “P-please..” she muttered, “..don't do this.” Scylla said somewhat pleadingly although Arthur didn’t seem to hear her when she noticed his gaze turned towards the fairy, the witch doing the same. The fairy was definately not helping the witch stay alive, “W-was it something i said?” She asked, on the brink of tears. Perhaps it was heartbreak that such an adorable little creature could be so evil, or that the fairy was so dismissive that spurred a bit of shocking sadness.

As Arthur and Cytha began to argue, an immense sense of relief overcame the witch as Arthur lowered the gun. “How can something so seemingly adorable be so.. so.. evil-“ Scylla flinched, nearly jumping in her shoes as her hands came over her mouth in absolute shock. Flashes, like some kind of harnessed lightning, exploded and echoed through the castle as the fairy was pierced by whatever magic emitted from his weapon. What was left was a horrible sight. The body of the fairy was filled with steaming gaps, its face practically non-existent from the heavy barrage of rounds. Its little body then, slowly then quickly fell to the ground, oozing ectoplasm or whatever life was sustaining the ghostly creature. “Y-you.. you killed her.” Scylla replied, as a hand came over her heart. “But.. she was already dead.” She said softly as she turned to look at Arthur who made his way towards the corpse. She almost expected him to be somwhat regretful, perhaps even a tinge of regret or at the least, sadness. It was all too certain that this Arthur simply didn’t have a heart as he kicked the pulp of a body on the groun over, prompting a soft gasp from the witch, her mouth agape in silent confusion and shock.

As he made his way back, Scylla would almost be tempted to run, but she held her ground, failure here was never an option. And whatever agreement had come between the ghostly fairy and him was most certainly either a fulfilled or destroyed contract. Arthur seemed to have made his choice. A choice solidified further when he gave her the fairies book. “Huh?” She said confused, then noticed ‘Cytha’ appear in the book.

After his threat to kill Iberis should what she had just said been lies she attempted to respond, “What?! Surely, i wouldnt even think of-“ Before she felt his hands on her face. Considering she was at his mercy, the sudden display of death and just how meaningless anyone was in his life, she wouldn’t move, and just close her eyes, unable to bear the weight of his murderous gaze as he seemed to caress her in some twisted way.

When Arthur began to speak again, Scylla opened her eyes, “Good. S-shall we get moving..” then she noticed him gawking, and suddenly felt uncomfortable again when he offered a very likely unromantic intimate time with her, bringing Renee’s coat over her body to better conceal any appeal, she scoffed . “Ugh..” She snapped at him rolling her eyes, “..not on the first date..” muttering under her breath as he walked away. “..pig.” She said finally as she opened the pages of the book she’d been given, looking towards Iberis and Arthur the witch hoped their interaction was much more civil. But after hearing Iberis thank Arthur Scylla felt a bit more confident.

However, this book was quite worth the discomfort and coming to the brink of death even. “Fascinating!” she gasped as her eyes widened in awe, it was becoming qutie obvious that this book described the deceased within the vacinity, although how far a distance it covered still remained to be seen. Then Arthur began to destroy the walking dead, their names quickly appearing in the book, most she couldn’t describe but she made a mental note to memorize the writing and perhaps even study the language once back at the academy. Arthur made quick work of the fiends then numbering over a dozen names by the end of his onslought. Scylla was amazed, but she did her best to keep herself from being too impressed of course.

“R-right..” She called out as she held the tome against her chest after Iberis and Arthur. “..hey wait up!” Then as if on queue a booming voice echoed through the place. She continued towards Arthur however but he was now looking back. Scylla didn’t even want to see, she just kept going until it felt like it was a far enough distance from this new adversary. When did look back however, the with hummed with confusion, “Hmm.. who could this be?” She muttered as Iberis was shooe’d away and back towards Scylla. Bringing her dear friend closer, the witch would place a hand on her head gently, looking down, “Are you okay, this place is weird isnt it?” Scylla asked, but obviously more for her own comfort than Iberis’s. Scylla would then look around a bit, noticing this new Arthur rival was carrying a similar, although different weaponry. Perhaps of the same school of magic?

Deciding to take cover behind some ruins, Scylla pulled Iberis towards a crumbled formaton that used to be part of the castle. Iberis stated what she thought they should do, Scylla nodding would agree. “Definately, hmm.. but we should see what happens between them, for all we know this half-breed, beast-kin is spart of this strange nightmare world too. Wouldn't you say?” Shrugging she continued, “But.. i guess if things start looking bad for Arthur, that’s where we intervene.”

Last edited:
Sage Litwile
1668559508801.png
"Oooh, we're having a fight?" Sage asked with a grin, turning towards the angel as he suddenly shrunk back down, his focus removed from maintaining the form he had been keeping, a green flash signaling the summoning of Kleric's Will, as he began to bring the weapon to bear. He saw the attacks beginning to form in the magical spheres around him, his bark patch igniting with his excitement, starting the music playing from his body once more, his excitement building at another fight, flying immediately into the air towards the angel.

He brought his blade to bare, deciding to open up with an attack that might destroy the attacks sent against him, casting out
[Sky Piercing Hunt] Towards all those around him, cackling as he did so, spinning around rapidly to create a shockwave of his energy, before continuing his flight towards the angel.

The Final Test

Actions: Movement, B Grade Attack, Movement.

Inquiry's Fall

1670528818211.png

1670528837735.png

1670530516074.png

Hearing Hope begin to yell in pain brought joy to this creature, " Oh yes. That's what I want to hear. Pain. Mmmm... Delicious. " The creature chuckled as it stood up straight, looking at Hope before his eyes looked to Kalina who threatened him, his eyes saw through her stealth which ended up revealing herself to him, although she still stayed out of the vision of the other two. " You will not be my demise, dear. " The man watched Kalina aim her crossbow at him, he scoffed and quickly as she fired the bolt, he had already Voidwalked out of the way, Renee quickly moved against the rail to stay away from Kalina's bolt. As Kalina had predicted, he would appear in front of her, already raising his knife-like hands to swipe Kalina down, hoping to catch her off guard. But she had already began attacking, to his surprise, Kalina would strike at his chest, her rapier only made a small stab, his skin was strong but thanks to her penetration, Kalina would be able to get through a bit. The creature grimaced a bit, his eyes furrowed in anger as he was taken a back, taking a step backwards.

" Ha, that's it? " His surprised eyes turned to pride. He chuckled as he raised his hand again to strike Kalina down only for Hope's magic to come to fruition, a shadow tentacle stabbed through his back only to push him forward into Kalina, knocking her backwards as he ended up swinging his hand and missed Kalina, he growled in pain. A black stab wound in his back, although it wasn't deep, it obviously hurt him. His eyes furrowed in rage, as his eyes looked at Hope now, the green stone on his neck began to glow brightly.

Renee Nyx
1670556026623.png

Renee breathed a sigh of relief when she quickly moved backwards, having dodged his grab, most likely she would be severely injured or worst. Dead just to reincarnate in another body or world. She'd rather not fail this one, with so much opportunity at hand. The witch watched the man turn his head to stare at Kalina who threatened him, now having his attention, Renee was getting ready to cast a spell when Kalina aimed her crossbow, Renee quickly moved out of the way when she fired, which caused the man to voidwalk in front of Kalina who already attacked him, stabbing her rapier into his chest but it did no good, he even chuckled at the weak attack, but then Renee saw how Hope got agitated enough to attack him, using his shadows to attempt to stab him in the back. Only for it to launch him forward and he had a black stab wound in his back. Renee smiled at seeing Hope use her powers to attack through her anger, Renee smirked and now had better respect for Hope. She had potential and a unique power; Renee saw that this creature was going to attack again and now this was her chance to get a good hit in.

Since he was between her and Kalina with Hope being behind Kalina, this was a good opportunity, especially if he was angry enough to not focus on Renee. Renee still had her journal ready and let out an exhale, gathering mana in her body. Renee smirked as she then felt a surge of electricity flow through her body, a powerful feeling coursed through her as she pointed her entire hand at the creature about to say something just for a bright flash to emit from her hand, all the mana exited from her hand with the malice and power of a demon, a powerful lightning bolt plowed into the back of the man who let out a audible scream of pain [Great Lightning Bolt - B].

• Great Lightning Bolt - B - Magic Affinity B, Electric Affinity C, Magic Range D: Conducting electricity through her body, Renee fires a powerful shot of lightning that strikes the target from 100 feet away. - 4 Post Cooldown.

The creature received the powerful attack in his back as he fell forward onto his hands and knees. Smoke smoldered off his body as he inhaled and exhaled, growled as quickly he voidwalked and appeared in front of Renee, grabbing her by her neck with both hands, lifting her up, squeezing down as Renee's eyes widen at the sudden grab. The witch's eyes began to go bloodshot as her face turned red then blue, Renee grabbed his hands, she looked like she was trying to keep breathing but she was looking at the man and a smile appeared on her face as she kicked her legs to no avail. This would leave him wide open to Kalina and Hope, his entire back was charred black due to Renee's attack and his flesh was now exposed, ripe for a massive attack. " I'm going to squeeze the life from you then do the same to your little posse! Then I'll desecrate your corpse first! "

1670559803939.png

Arthur Verg
1670559873293.png

1670559897424.png

As soon as Arthur was free after poking Michael's eye, Arthur picked up is gun again, instead of shooting seeing he did not have enough time, he used it as a club instead, swinging it up as Michael turned to look at Arthur, only to receive a barrel swinging into his chin, knocking Michael further backwards. Michael let out an audible growl as blood flew through the air along with teeth, Michael stepped backwards, boots slipped across the shiny floor underneath them. Arthur had an angry and betrayed look on his face, now holding his gun in both hands and taking aim at his former Don. Arthur unleashed bullets into the body of Michael, who took each bullet, falling over as blood smeared across the floor, screaming audibly. Arthur stood up straight staring at him, walking forward slowly as Michael tried to breath, holding his body where the bullets hit him at. The hitman stopped and stared at his dying adversary; his cold eyes full of hatred and pain, although there was a hint of sadness. " You made me do this. You put me on this path. " Arthur whispered in a shaky voice. " You turned me into a killer since I was a child. " Arthur's face grimaced as Michael rolled slowly on the ground listening to Arthur.

Arthur took a deep breath, a very shaky breath, he had forgotten Scylla and Iberis were there. " I remember when you made me kill my first victim. A father of two, and a loving husband. At the beach in the middle of the hot summer. Because he didn't pay you on time. " Arthur growled. " And then when I did the job and ran, you told me that I'd excel you in this business. You were right, Michael. " Arthur pointed his gun at his head, Michael raised his hand into the air, " Wait, Arthur- " He tried to speak only for Arthur to cut him off. " I have excelled you. " Arthur unleashed a hellstorm of bullets into the face of his former boss, blood, brain matter and bone fragments flew around with each impact of each bullet. Arthur's face full of pain and sadness at having to kill his former boss, the one that raised him and turned him into a killer. Arthur hated this life, but it was all he knew. After his clip had emptied and the booming noises died off, Arthur continued pulling the trigger only to fail each time. He stared at the dead Michael before him, blood covered his entire body, the walls and floor. Arthur closed his eyes for a moment before he then took a deep breath and exhaled, straightening his body posture. He opened his eyes again and looked up seeing Scylla and Iberis. Arthur wasn't sure was to say, but he looked like he had forgotten they were there.

Clearing his throat, Arthur stepped forward and passed the dead man's body. Scylla would see in her book that the name Michael would appear only for it to disappear. Then Michael's body disappeared. Arthur rubbed his face with one hand, wiping blood off it, letting an audible groan. He let his hand down and sighed. " We should move. If your friend is here. She is probably after The Spire of this place. From what Cytha said, it's a place that links this world to others. But no one is really sure how to use it. Not unless they have a book that is connected to this place. " Iberis and Scylla both would realize that could be the book that Renee had, Arthur continued walking, heading down the hallway where Michael had appeared at, reloading a new clip into his gun. He was quiet about what had just transpired.

But now as the two followed after Arthur, they began to hear a whisper in their ears. " So, you two are students for that witch, eh? " It sounded like an older woman, someone who spoke with dominance. " You could always learn under me, if you wish. I taught Renee all she knows now. " The woman stated confidently, there was hints of a chuckle. As Arthur continued walking, he turned down a hallway and kept on walking, unaware of the voice talking to the two. " Besides, you two show more potential than she does. Iberis and Scylla. Scylla, having a mundane life until she arrived into this world it seems. Destined to become a witch. Met Renee by accident. " The voice stated to the two of them. " Iberis, wanting someone to praise her and treat her as an equal. Never had that in her previous life. Parents fought and drifted further and further away from poor Niki. Died because of drugs and depression. Wow. " The voice sound in a tone that sounded impressed and sympathetic for the both of them.

1670634490583.png

Malik
1670634508984.png

Malik watched Sage intently as his wings flapped, making him fly up higher into the air. " Hmm, so you attack your enemies with pure strength. No actual plan. " Malik stated out loud as Sage unleashed his attack on the angel's projections, Sage would plow his sword through each golden globe. " Not bad. " Malik landed on a beam in the room, " But what can you do against this? " Malik raised his trident into the air as there was a bright flash of white between both Sage and Malik before it ecploded into form, wings flapped and a golden knight took flight, having a halo over his head, wielding a sword and book. " By the Law of Order! I decree you to stop at this moment, Fairy! Face the doom of Okyalkis! " The knightly angel commanded as he flew towards Sage with sword in hand, pointing it straight at Sage as he flew headfirst at the fairy.

1670634929906.png

Malik rolled his eyes at what the knightly angel said, finding what he was saying either idiotic or too much.

Kalina Chivernu
Mentions: Renee Skyhunter Skyhunter | Hope The Last Curse The Last Curse

Kalina clicked her tongue. The bastard had fallen for her trick, but she'd still barely been able to hurt him. It was very disappointing and equally dissatisfying. She wanted to see his blood coat her rapier already. For a moment, it looked like she'd be in a tough spot, with the creature within range and not really able to quickly react to a counter-attack. Luckily enough, Hope intervened. Although she was pushed back along the creature, it also made him miss her. “Nice one.” She uttered, especially as she saw his back wounded and his eyes alight with rage.

To make things better, Renee brought down a pretty powerful lightning bolt upon their enemy. She was smiling for just a second. Then she noticed the monster go after Renee. His open back was way to exposed. It had to be a trap. None of that occurred to Kalina, as she panicked and rushed at him. There was only one subtlety she took into account in her rush to try and save Renee. She knew that if she'd try to pierce straight through this creature's back, she might hit Renee at the other side. To avoid that, she instead decided to pierce into him in a / motion, trying to stab him with a [Precision Strike Style] between the shoulder blades and downwards towards his pelvis.

“Get your filthy hands off of my sister you fucking bastard!” She'd yell at the creature. Him threatening to desecrate Renee's corpse had really infuriated her. “Even Dahak's torture rooms would be too merciful for scum like you!” She said, as she stabbed the guy again using a regular [Precision Strike] (once more at least ensuring she didn't risk piercing through him and into here sister). “I'm sick and tired of this realm with all its perverted creeps and filth!” She said, stabbing him again, this time with a regular attack. (If allowable, she'd keep stabbing him till he was minced meat.) “I was going to show off my disguise and reunite with my sister, chat up with her and our newest friends, finally have a good talk about what happened to us lately, but no, instead I get a realm of monsters, perverts and perverted monsters, with the ghost of fucking Dahak of all people!”

Having seen Renee's face go blue from being choked had made her snap. “I could be enjoying some mana rich blood whilst having a nice chat about my adventure in the marshes, why the fuck do I run into an even shittier situation here than the one in those godforsaken marshes?” She said, as finally calmed down a bit. Only a bit though. The fury was still blazing in her eyes. Any excitement of the new environment she might've had at first was now completely gone from meeting one monster and pervert after the other.

C Grade Cooldowns: (2/3)
D Grade Cooldowns: (0/2)
Precision Strikes Style: – Fighting Style [Precision Strikes] D, Accurate F, Penetrating F, Range F – Character strikes at a target accurately and with the full force of the fighting style. Accurate F - the technique makes it so the target's speed is treated as though it were reduced by 1 letter grade. Amount reduces increases by 1 grade each time technique is upgraded.
Penetrating F - weapon can ignore grades of an item when it is used to defend. F - 1 grade, E - 2 grade, D - 3 grade, C - 4 grade, B - 5 grade, A - 6 grade, S ???
Range F - gives weapon attacks longer range. 10ft/3m at rank F. 30ft/9m at rank E. 100ft/30m at grade D. 1,000ft/300m at grade C. See magic skills to enhance range further. Required technique to apply fighting style effects at ranges beyond 5ft.
- Grade D – 2 Post Cooldown.

Precision Strike: – Accurate F, Penetrating F, Range F – Character strikes at a target accurately and with the full force of the fighting style.

Iberis
Iberis watched intently as the story came out about what this Arthur had supposedly done, it sounded like some pretty bad stuff to say the least to put it lightly. She kept a serious look on her face as she didn't seem terribly impacted by the all the awful things that were being said at least on her exterior as she looked onward grimly, ready to step in action as Scylla had mentioned prior, should things go south. Thankfully it looked like Arthur had regained control of the situation, as the other figure told him to wait but to no avail he started to lay waste to his last business partner from what Iberis could gather. A common theme among the current company lately was people who wanted to come in all aggressively and then not have the means to back their words and actions up.

Iberis wanted to be different from that queen early or the one here who she watched get killed with great fascination, even if perhaps in the back of her sensations she felt a bit queasy at the sight, she couldn't help but keep her eyes trained, for all they knew even if Arthur killed this guy he could revive quickly, who knew in a world like they inhabited never mind a realm of the undead, she wouldn't even have been surprised if he had come back and tried to kill Arthur again. Iberis wanted the power to back up her threats and actions, she wanted to assert herself so she wouldn't find herself in a similar situation, unlike these fakers who seemed to think they had the power to shutdown their foes with little regard for their own well being..it was fatal arrogance in a way. She wanted power more like Renee's when Renee spoke or got upset people had a reason to be afraid, Iberis knew that Renee could do great harm or even kill someone if she wanted too, just like that, that's what Iberis needed to have the capability of doing to reach her goal of learning as much magic as she could get her hands on so that she would finally be liberated.

She then watched Arthur after he had done the deed, still on high alert gripping her staff, tensing up when he walked over Michael's body, but feeling a bit relieved when it disappeared. She listened to what Arthur had to say afterwards, in agreement that they should get going, she did visibly perk up ever so slightly upon hearing him mention the book and the spire, that had been most insightful, meaning they could get what they needed and get back to there world from the sound of things. She looked back at him with a look that was a bit sad rather than the usual somewhat sleep deprived but very alert look. She didn't really have the words to make him feel better she felt like, never mind to a stranger on such a delicate topic. "You're alright, right?" we should get back then." She inquired with a cool tone, as she started to come down from the adrenaline high from all that just transpired. They needed to get moving if they wanted to avoid the threats that were around she knew that much.

Iberis followed after Arthur near Scylla and as she did she started to hear a strange voice in her head..Who or What was this?! They spoke and claimed to have taught Renee, how did they know who Renee was, was this some entity from this world who was trying to deceive them? Who knew? A disturbed look falling upon Iberis's face as she listened And what did she mean Until Scylla got to this world? What was this voice talking about. Her brows furrowed when she heard her name mentioned. She thought What and who are you? Not expecting a response as she kept walking But she did stop momentarily when suddenly she started to see those strange lights on the street, orange and yellows, symbols which seemed familiar but she couldn't read, lots of people walking across large long dark surfaces with white lines that looked like pathways going across from one way to another after Nikki was mentioned, whoever or whatever this was, Iberis couldn't trust it as is, as attractive as what it suggested how did she know anything that was being said was genuine..there were so many unaswered questions as she looked over towards Scylla and Arthur to see if they had any idea of what was going on or if she was the only one hearing it.

Mentions: RavenSong RavenSong Skyhunter Skyhunter

M̶̧͚̪͉̯̜̰͎̘̀͋̇̀͗̍́͆̑̏͂̿̊̚ǎ̴̯̀͠d̶̡̲̗̼̮̤̤̳̲͖͓͍̓̎̽́̽̏̐͂̆͆͘͘͘ M̶̧͚̪͉̯̜̰͎̘̀͋̇̀͗̍́͆̑̏͂̿̊̚ǎ̴̯̀͠ẃ̸̝̝̰͋͒

Wire_Jaw_Commission_v1.png

Skyhunter Skyhunter The Last Curse The Last Curse TheTimePiece TheTimePiece RavenSong RavenSong Elvario Elvario

Mad Maw continued to walk through these decrepit pits in the bowels of this realm, she grumbled various nothings as her wrung her coat in her hands and flicked grime and shit off her top hat. The audacity of this woman was stifling as she actually enjoyed this side of her. Why did that irritate her so? It wasn't intentional, that's why. It rattled her that she lost control and Renee's further dissertation on their critical fuck-ups wasn't helping. She could practically taste the vitriol on her tongue and it was not a taste she enjoyed, still better than sushi at the very least. She hemmed and hawed but would soon get over it in favor of the new companions that found their way in this realm of spookiness. They both seemed to know Renee and after their introductions, Renee seemed intent on continuing their quest.

Mad Maw was less keen on those who called Renee 'friend' since she has seen how the woman lacquers compliments like sickly sweet varnish. She was back in wild and obnoxious spirits as journey changed scenery and they found an amazing castle! Mad Maw had stopped listening to Renee hours ago and was more curious on how the dead could build a castle out here. She doubted Dahak' boney ass could do it so; maybe all of the dead architects came together in some afterlife union? Dahak had to nerd out and 'uhm actually' all of her theories! She snorted at the dragon's name and filed that away as some useless trivia that could save her life at some point.

Renee's plan seemed pretty solid and she'd rather avoid the supposed gunfire. She didn't know who this Arthur was, but at this point, everyone in this accursed realm sucked. their venture into the castle captivating her as she was a sucker for places like this. She could practically feel the unearthed horrors radiating from the shadow soaked basements! It was perhaps her excitement toward these proclivities that got her lost; she must have made a wrong turn somewhere. It had been some time since she had been alone, and already felt that chattering in her skull start to rattle off like a broken teleprompter. The decrepit halls beginning to fill with color and chibi depictions as her perception warped and rippled from the mania that claimed her. A small dahak kicking his legs as he sat on her shoulder.

The sounds of combat, carnage, and bloodshed brought her out of her delusions as she kissed tiny dahak goodbye as he poofed away; running down the hall toward the sounds. A strange, unfamiliar knot of worry growing in her stomach. Mad Maw stepping into a most grim scene. Her allies were facing off against some...man? No, he certainly wasn't that. Her eyes flicking from Kalina, to Renee and then Hope. A snarl twisting across her calico maw as she could see the wounds on her Hope, her friend. One of the newer members of this expedition was here too. Kalina? that was likely one of many faces she wore, definitely the cutest. If she played this right, it was four against one, and she didn't feel like fighting fair.

Her eyes flickering with malference as they looked toward the pursuer. It was the first time she had seen Renee in a situation that looked...really bad. She wanted to pound her head against the wall; how dare that damn witch put her in this situation after their spat? What kind of lover's quarrel this?

One she, realized, she didn't want to lose.

Rage was madness of a different breed, simple and pure. She raised her instrument, Kanicula, and harnessed her [Magic D] to manifest it in a new way. A field starting to warp around the edges of her instrument, twisting the hurdy gurdy in strange, bizarre ways. Her hand swiping against the strings harshly, Kanicula reacting to her gesture and roiling with anger as wood splintered and the strings baled with wrathful intent. It wasn't a song, rather a string discordant notes, fired from the instrument at speed. She found that she could force her own delusions on others and blind or deafen them with terrible visions of what really goes bump in the night.

"Let her go"

• Choir Lance | 100ft [Madness Affinity F], [Magic Affinity D], [Magic Range E], [Magic Duration E] [Performance D], [Flare Affinity E] (Sight/Hearing), [Energized D] | D Grade | 2 Post Cooldown| 1 Hour Cooldown|2 Action Cost
    • She whispers a discordant melody that only one creature of her choice within range can hear, wracking it with terrible pain, causing a psychic shock within as her laughter fills their mind with thousands of echoes, raking their ears and eyes with terrible visions and sounds.

As Hope watched the monster dash to Kalina, the fear she'd struck too late began to creep over her. But just as the creature was about to attack, she saw the shadows pierce into its back. Not as deep as she anticipated, but from the pained look it gave her afterward, Hope knew it felt it. "Good..." She thought, a strange satisfaction filling her as she held the monster's gaze with narrowed eyes, "See what happens? See what you've done to yourself?" Then, just as Hope finished thinking, she watched contentedly as yet another bolt of lightning crashed into the monster. Just what it asked for. Just what it deserved. But even after an attack like that, it'd still managed to get its disgusting hands on Renee. She knew she'd have to punish that, too. Right before she ruined his face.

Ignoring the stinging on her visage, Hope got to her feet, beginning her advance. She only stopped once she saw Kalina dash forward, intent on correcting the monster herself. It didn't bother her. She knew she'd have her turn next. But what Hope expected to be a short hit-and-run quickly turned into a long-winded flurry of stabs and emotions. She shared the same frustration. All she'd ever wanted was a bowl of food, but then she was whisked away into this cursed realm, traumatized multiple times, constantly reminded of how clueless she was, hounded by creeps and monsters, and now, bleeding from wounds on her face that were sure to leave a scar!

This world sucked! This life sucked! Everything sucked! What was the point in holding back when everything wanted her dead? She needed to take control! She needed to be more like-

Somewhere behind her, Hope heard the tune of a familiar instrument. Eyes still flaring, she whipped around only to see it was just her dapper, gnoll friend. Immediately, her features softened. "MM!" She cried, the rage in her system fleeting in an instant, "You're here! Oh, I thought you were..." Her words trailed off as she heard the gnoll's fierce demand, followed by a string of oppressive music, directed all to the monster. Then, Hope understood. There wouldn't be any hugs or jokes now. Not when he was still here.

Knowing she needed the right moment to strike, Hope moved backward, putting her back close to the wall. She kept one hand on her catalyst, awaiting the monster's next move, the words of a spell right on her lips.

Scylla looked on as Arthur settled some kind of dispute between an old rival, then suddenly getting distracted by a strange smell coming from her pocket her nostrils flared up and she went through her robes. She pulled out the decaying and bile acid drenched cake she had made for a celebratory occasion, her features contorting with disgust as she held her nose. “Ew!” She exclaimed, “Yeah, no way I’m eating this.” Heaving a bit, holding her stomach as she threw it to the side, and lightly smiled at Iberis before a growl emitted from the strangely, but well dressed half beast just up ahead. “Hmm. This doesn’t look too good for that beast guy..” She said pondering out loud. a hand resting on her waist, “..as unstable as he is, he’s quite the formidable one isn’t he?” Then the witch gasped loudly as bullets came wizzing over her head, getting down quickly. “Yikes! Look out!” She said pushing Iberis head down, looking at her closely the witch pulled her hat from her eyes. “Heh, where would you be without me?” The witch fluttered her eyelashes, with a giggle, before peeking out towards the confrontation taking place.

Her lighthearted fun would end quickly however, as Arthur began to recall a most dark and gruesome time in his life. Bringing forth memories of a likely more innocent time, where it seemed he made a choice in his naïveté to murder a loving father. A truly heartbreaking story, that clearly haunted their newest ally as Scylla held onto the book that was given to her. The half beast would then fall to his knees as Arthur’s weapons and technique proved superior to his rival. Certainly an unprecedented event. A triumph of an apprentice over his master. It seemed this Arthur had a long history of criminality, of regret, and inner turmoil. The witch felt it only made sense that he’d be stuck in a place like this, locked in a perpetual state of continuous killing and murder. Such a life would lead you to the darkest places. Places Scylla knew all to well in her short time in the realms of this continent.

Scylla began to reevaluate Arthurs character, he seemed in a way similar to the one she knew. Was this perhaps an Arthur from the past? A metaphorical dying soul that struggled to maintain a sense of humanity, for all his unpredictable behavior, still retained, if only fragments of his humanity. Or so it seemed to the witch.

After Arthur raised his weapon, Scylla would reach out, perhaps even the witch could see that perhaps Arthur really didn’t want to kill him. In the spur of the moment she’d cry out, “Arthur don’t-“ but it was too late, the bullets exploded like angry wasps out of the nest straight into the pleading half beast through the brain until what looked like the shape of a man now laid like a motionless pile of flesh. The limbs twitching as the bodily functions quickly shut down. Shards of bone and coagulated entrails scattered about the floor.

“-do it.” Scylla finished, as she blinked incredulously at the heinous act, the book appeared to glow with life, its pages shuffling to the end of the list as the beastman's name flashed momentarily at the end. When it disappeared, Scylla flashed a puzzled look, "Eh?" She blurted out tilting her head, before starting slowly at first then quickly, towards Arthur. "Hey, you wouldn't happen to know why names appear suddenly then disappear would you?" Her curiosity seemed to get the best of her over the terrible acts laid before them. "I.. I'm sorry.. I mean, for having to go through the things you've gone through.." She nervously patted him on the shoulder, almost expecting him to glare. "..life can be tough. It's tougher when you carry the people you've killed on your conscience. Not that I would know anything about it of course, it's just what people have said." She suddenly shook her head and rolled her eyes. "I'm terrible at this."

When Arthur groaned, Scylla winced a bit, he was obviously emotionally taxed, and she kind of felt for him. Albeit only for a moment before Arthur mentioned the likely place to reunite with Renee. "R-right. The book. Hmm, I think we might have that, now that you mention it. Anyway, lead the way, sir." A beaming smile contrasting the dark and gloomy environment she found herself in. Little did most know that she usually smiled when she felt afraid. A sort of magic habit as a result of the spell that changed her personality from a gloomy lifeless gray husk, to one of the complete opposite.

As Scylla started after Arthur, it appeared Iberis asked the bolder question, the blonde witch wondered if he was alright, alright as well.

--

Once on the way, a hauntingly smooth, sweet, delicate but also fierce voice invaded her mind. The witch looked around all of a sudden, suspicious about this swift tampering of her mental faculties. She wondered quietly if she could speak back to the voice as she walked behind Arthur. Then looking at Iberis, she wondered if her small colleague was experiencing the same thing. Raising her eyebrows with a questioning face, gesturing to her own head as if asking if she was hearing something.

Its a little weird, to be talking to you in my head. However, I'm not swayed by your offer, Renee is an accomplished witch of renown. If I considered your offer, what could you offer me in exchange for betrayal?

As for the bit about knowing her previous life was in fact quite the shock for Scylla. It seemed to strike a soft spot within the witch, until now no one knew her previous life. Much less, did anyone know that the purpose of her insatiable search for knowledge was to prove to herself she wasn't just any ordinary mundane person. She wanted to be respected, renown, and famous if it was possible. However vain, the life she had before was full of monotony and constantly playing it safe.

H-how do you- I was nothing but a mundane fool, who dreamed to be a ballerina.

Last edited:
Sage Litwile
1668559508801.png
"Well, why would anyone need a plan when you have strength like me?" He asked back, before seeing the angel form before him, laughing a little bit as he fluttered up, keeping his tiny size and suddenly stopping his flight, descending down towards the angel that was approaching him while spinning rapidly with his sword, looking like a beyblade spinning through the air towards the light version of the angel.

"Sorry! No stopping here! I gotta get outta here anyhow!" He said, his spinning increasing as the energy from the spins and sudden clash created an explosion once more, energy flowing out as he used a D grade version of [Sky-Piercing Hunt], His excitement causing a flare mid clash of the flame coming from his eye as his body was filled with a power beyond his own, casting a [Lucky]

Inquiry's Fall
1671049054672.png

1671070508784.png

1671160197507.png

The Voidwalker continued pressing down on Renee's neck, he was smiling underneath, enjoying the torture of choking this woman to death. Although he saw Renee's face and that haunting smile she had stained on her blue face. This witch was crazy, his demeanor had changed at that moment only for Kalina's rapier to pierce through his body, he let out a pained filled roar as he fell onto his knees, releasing Renee's neck, the Voidwalker tried to get up a few more times only for Kalina to savagely tear into his body and flesh. Kalina's attack had finally dropped the bastard, Renee felt her feet touch the floor and quickly had her catalyst activate, Renee held a hand up as a ball of fire had conjured in her hand, Renee having a dark smile on her face as she then placed her hand in the face of this Voidwalker, who's eyes widen as he could move with Kalina's blade still inside of him. Although he did voidwalk away, appearing away from the group, only getting about 20 feet away with how much damage he took, having Kalina's rapier stuck in his body still. Renee had predicted that he would Voidwalk away, her eyes followed after him, she saw where he had appeared back at, between all four of the females, Renee then casted her spell, a dark fireball appearing as Renee threw it at where the Voidwalker was at now, who looked like he was about to move or Voidwalk, but luckily with Mad Maw's intervention, her maddening whispering began to casue his mind to warp, cutting him off from using his abilities for the moment. His eyes turning a deep purple as the madness began to take over. This allowed Renee's attack to strike the Voidwalker, taking the full brunt of the fireball to his torso and face. [Blazing Globe D] He released a harrowing scream that sounded like multiple people being torn away.

• Blazing Globe - D - Magic Affinity D, Energized D, Fire Affinity E, Magic Range E, Magic AOE E: Casting a fireball of sorts to fly at an area up to 30 feet, exploding in a 30-foot radius. 1 Post Cooldown.

Renee Nyx
1671170557539.png

Renee was smiling evilly as she watched the body of the Voidwalker fall backwards on his back, his face was completely gone, only leaving a seared skull. His chest and amulet were burned away as well. Renee held her throat and breathed heavily, she stood up straight and calmed herself down. " Jeez. Could have at least taken me to dinner first. " Renee laughed a bit at her joke. Her eyes were watering from the lack of breath she had and quickly wiped her eyes before moving to where the Voidwalker was at. Seeing that he was finally dead, Renee nodded. " Good job, ladies. Thank you for saving me, sister. " Renee looked back at Kalina smiling, she looked very appreciative but there was something behind her eyes that Kalina could see, it was unexplainable, but it looked cold. " I, for a moment, thought I was going to die. " Renee let out a breath of relief as she moved to the corpse of the Voidwalker. " Hope. I am honestly really proud of you. " Renee looked at the Shadow Fae with a smile. " You stood up and fought back, you helped take him down. I don't think anyone else would have been able to breach his tough skin without your magic skills. You have a lot of potential. You even took a scratch and kept going. Great job. " Renee had the smile of a proud master on her face, " I bet you could learn a lot more about your skills with me helping you. "

Renee then looked over and saw the Gnoll herself, Madeline Mawson. Or Mad Maw. Or MM apparently. Or as Renee personally called her, the unbearable trash heap of this world. Renee did not like Mad Maw. She knew... She knew what Renee was truly about. And that caused Renee to hate her even more than that damnable Sophia Smith, who she wanted to tear into pieces. " Well, hello Madeline. About time you showed up. I was getting worried. " Renee smiled happily at the Gnoll. Although that was all the witch had to say to Mad Maw before she immediately kicked over the corpse of the Voidwalker. Renee then saw Kalina's rapier stuck in his back, she grabbed the weapon and pulled it out easily, " Whooo.... Your weapon is rather deadly sister. " Renee said looking at the corpse of the Voidwalker, narrowing her eyes as she began to think. " Sister. Can you do me a favor. I am only so proficient in so many areas, strength is not one of them but can you... Dismember this bastard? Mainly the head and his hands, using the rapier preferably but if not. Maybe your bare hands? You look rather stronger than last we saw each other. " Renee asked Kalina as the witch held her rapier out towards Kalina, waiting for an answer. Renee had a brilliant idea, hoping they could use the body parts as a way to skip pass through the material world. Or Voidwalk. Perhaps they could use the head and hands as ways to do so. Renee also had an idea as to possibly get in between Mad Maw and Hope. Offer Hope the skull, she would then for sure have Hope under her wing.

" Hope, I am going to give you the skull of the Voidwalker. If my theory is correct, we will be able to move forward through reality, or Voidwalk. For stepping up and showing me, I was wrong about your potential, I am going to give the skull. If you want it of course. I am positive my theory is correct, but it should be able to allow us to move as this bastard did. " Renee nodded her head, very sure of what she said.

1671174722605.png

Arthur continued to lead the two witches ahead, he held his gun close to him as they passed through multiple hallways and rooms, each looking different from the last. Arthur completely silent about what had just transpired, he ignored the two ladies behind him if they tried asking him about what happened. Although it looked like he was deep in thought, especially with how he was holding his weapon so close to himself. He must have been rethinking what happened with Michael and his upbringing, it sounded like a traumatizing childhood Arthur had. But he couldn't hear the voice in his head, or at least that is from what Scylla and Iberis could tell.

Within Scylla's head, the voice was laughing, " Renee is only accomplished, if you really want to go that far, because of me. She knew nothing of magic and now it clouds her mind. Let me offer you a word of advice. She will betray you. Both you and Iberis over there. Like she did to me. She learned what she could before slewing me just as I was about to save her from people trying to kill her. Accomplished has nothing to do with intention, young lady. And you do not even fully realize what her intentions are, do you? " The voice asked her. " What I offer you is not just power of dark arts, but knowledge. Knowledge of this world, your world, all the different realms. Hell. Heaven. They all exist, young one. I know stuff people are not supposed to know. Like that book, I can tell you what it is about, what it really is. That's what I have over Renee, I am not a fraud. Offer stands. What will it be? " The voice asked.

Iberis' question only received a sigh from whoever this voice was. " That's the question you ask, huh? Well, I guess it's better than being a ballerina I suppose. " The voice spoke. " I am Renee's former master. The one she betrayed and killed. I've taught her everything she has learned so. My offer stands, I can teach you everything more than Renee can. She has been holding you back, she only has been teaching the bare minimal because she is afraid you will surpass her. It's what I did with her, after all. I can teach you more than she has taught you. " The voice continued to speak to Iberis.

Although as the voice stopped speaking, the group would stop seeing a group of skeletons at the end of a hallway, they were gathering up to kill something, blood was all over the floor. Arthur growled, " I guess we are already here. " The hitman aimed his weapon and pulled the trigger. Although there was only a loud CLANG! Arthur's eyes widen for a moment looking at his gun, the skeletons noticed the group and began walking towards the three, holding shoddy weapons and wearing shoddier armor. " God damn it! Ladies, deal with them while I unjam my fucking gun. " Arthur growled getting on one knee, having to dismantle his weapon to try and get it operating again. The skeletons were numbered around fifteen it seemed at about 40 feet away, they were quickly making their way towards the three, ready to tear them apart.

1671177680720.png

1671177714893.png

The holy knight that Sage ended up clashing with released a hearty yell, although with Sage and his luckiness, the knight ended up becoming blinded by the small fairy and Sage's attack completely sliced through the armor and body of the angel, silence filled the room as his wings and light dimmed away and fell down towards the floor, crashing with a sickening thump as the sounds of blood spilled onto the ground. Malik was standing on a beam, higher in the room, Sage's last attack had gotten him, he was growling and gnarling in pain. His wings lit up for a moment as immediately his wounds mended themselves back. Malik slammed his trident on the beam and let out a heavy breath. " My, you have a strong attack. And you even managed to kill Osurus. Damnable idiot. But one clean slice. I think Zylf has a great champion under her banner now. " Malik chuckled as his trident disappeared. " You've passed your final test, Fairy. Now, you got people awaiting you ahead of you. " He pointed up at the ceiling. " Fly through there. You'll appear where you need to. They are searching for you as well. " Malik smirked. " And good luck. "

Malik
1671178063170.png

Kalina Chivernu
Mentions: Renee Skyhunter Skyhunter | Hope The Last Curse The Last Curse | Mad Maw Garbage Pail Kid

Ah. The sweet satisfaction of cutting through this man was overwhelming. She was disappoint when he managed to get away, her rapier still stuck inside of him, but wasn't done with him yet. She was already drawing her crossbow. That's when Renee beat her to it, frying the fucker to a crisp. His screams were delightful. As fell, however, she started to slowly snap back out of her blood-lusted rage. As the rage subsided, concern managed to arise. “Are you sure you're okay?” She said, looking closely at Renee. “You looked even more out of it than I was, I think.” She said, not really sure if she'd just imagined seeing Renee smile in her bloodlust or if she'd really been smiling at the verge of death. Besides, even now, something felt a bit off about Renee. “You know you can tell me anything that's troubling you, right? We haven't been talking enough lately. Seeing that creep nearly choke you to death only made me realise how badly we've been communicating.”

Her attention was drawn to the Shadow Fae soon enough. For one, due to Renee pointing out how much she liked the latter's aid. Kalina was distracted by something else. “That's... a nasty looking wound. I hope it won't leave a scar.” She wasn't sure why she said it and sure as hell didn't intend to lick her lips a little while doing so. She shook her head. Best to snap out of it. “Thanks for having our backs.” She quickly stated, hoping to change subjects before things would get too weird or awkward.

Kalina was a bit surprised when Renee asked her to dismember the man, but didn't think too much of it. Probably just some witch thing to ensure his corpse wouldn't return to them. “Sure.” She said, taking back the rapier. However, that's when the second part hit her. “Bare hands...? I'm sorry sister, I might've lost myself to my rage for a bit just now, but I'd rather not dirty my hands tearing through corpses. Especially not those of this gross creature. The rapier will do.” The suggestion alone had baffled her a bit, yet she equally surficially set to work removing this bastards head and hands with her rapier. “There you go, all done.”

She was a bit surprised when, to Renee's theory, the dude's body parts would allow them to move like him. That was a bit far-fetched, wasn't it? It was only then that she realised the gnoll returned. Flashy as she was, she'd somehow gone unnoticed by Kalina. “Ah, welcome back.” Kalina uttered, unsure of where the gnoll had even been.

She then turned to Renee. “So, what's our next move? I'm starting to want to get out of this hellhole as soon as possible, truth be told. I'm getting up with all its creeps and monsters.”

C Grade Cooldowns: (3/3)
D Grade Cooldowns: (1/2)

Sage Litwile
1668559508801.png
Sage landed after splitting the knight, falling down while looking around, grinning slowly. He saw Malik up above with his injuries healing quickly, pouting a little bit. He hated the healers, they always made things so much harder to kill. But then his annoyance was dissuaded with the words of the angel, watching the trident disappear in his hands. "Haha, thanks! I'll keep the compliment in mind Mr. Malik. Now, I gotta get going before my ride leaves. Thanks for the tip!" He said, giving a thumbs up and a smile, as he saw the hole in question, fluttering up towards it, taking a moment to grow back to full size with Transform. With his now normal human sized body, he flew up through the hole in the ground, looking around as he appeared in the center of what looked like a group of 15 skeletons.

Laughing a moment, He put a hand on his head and ran it through his hair, his blade appearing in his empty hand, a massive ten foot sabre appearing in a green flash.
"C'mon! What kind of a test would this place have been of anything but my patience?! These small fry..." He called out from the middle of the skeleton horde, his muscles tensing as he didn't even bother swinging the blade, creating a new ability on the fly with skills he already had, making up [Destroyers Aura] right there. With the flame surging from his eye, music filled the halls due to the [Music Man] Title, followed by flame filling the space around him. (Destroyers Aura: Aura C, Seduction C, AOE E, Incurable C, Multidimensional.)

Without even moving anything but a flex of his arm, a black-ish red and blue aura surged out from him, flowing over the skeleton group and scattering their bones across the hall, leaving the bones charred and unrecoverable, as he finished his sentence from earlier, gazing through the now receding flame ball he had created. "....AREN'T ENOUGH!" He shouted out, his bark patch flaming still. However, despite the supernatural nature of what just happened, all those who could detect such magics and energies, would find that no magic at all was coming from the flame, leaving it completely mundane in nature, caused by pure might alone, with the nature of the attack showing off how toned his body was with the Seduction C thrown into the mix.

Actions: Movement, Transform F, C grade attack

Last edited:
M̶̧͚̪͉̯̜̰͎̘̀͋̇̀͗̍́͆̑̏͂̿̊̚ǎ̴̯̀͠d̶̡̲̗̼̮̤̤̳̲͖͓͍̓̎̽́̽̏̐͂̆͆͘͘͘ M̶̧͚̪͉̯̜̰͎̘̀͋̇̀͗̍́͆̑̏͂̿̊̚ǎ̴̯̀͠ẃ̸̝̝̰͋͒

Wire_Jaw_Commission_v1.png

Skyhunter Skyhunter The Last Curse The Last Curse Elvario Elvario

Her mind had gone so very far away as momentary rage had claimed her vessel, unleashing sordid horrors from the many boxes of Pandora she held within her mind. It could feel like days pass when she floated in this sickly sweet bed of Nihil, but she couldn't. She had tangible people in her life that were worth staying anchored for. Her mind snapping back into it's off kilter place and she shook her head as her momentary nausea passed. Madeline running up to Hope and hugging her, a rare act of genuine worry. "This one saw you hurt and couldn't let that stand, or walk...or crawl. " She seethed for a moment before nuzzling into Hope and grinning. "Sorry for getting lost, this castle is alot bigger on the inside" She cackled, her mood improving dramatically now that Hope was safe. She supposed she needed to be better at sticking with the party. "Hello servitor of blood and revolter of garlic, pfft-" She waved at Kalina. She had been too upset at Renee to speak with her and..silica? squalla? Scylla, that was it-. Her mind as aloof as ever as it diverted toward Renee once she approached and offered a gift to Hope. A skull.

What in the hell was this trickery? Mad Maw already loathed saving the witch.

"
She speaks falsehoods, by way of smoke right up thine ass" She scoffed, squinting at Renee as she tried to figure out what her angle here was. If Ibiris and Scylla were any indication, it was to curry favor with platitudes. "Gift implies there aren't strings attached yes?, but strings are your currency. Useless one moment and useful the next. She would not give such an ability away freely if it did not pose a danger to her first. This one does not recommend drinking poison because you are thirsty" She said tersely, waving her hands dismissively as she waltzed away. She couldn't stop Hope from doing what she wants, but that didn't mean she liked the idea.

Mad Maw walked across the room, peering through everything curiously. She couldn't help but hear the sounds of commotion from below, hanging over the balcony and trying to see what was going on down there.

"
Hey Kalina, wanna hold my ankles so this one can get a better view?" She asked

My word. You sure strike a good bargain, voice in my head. I don’t even know your name! She thought as she continued past the rooms with Arthur leading the way. It was dark and dank down this strange hall. Blood smeared the floors and a cold chill would enter through the window. She’d scratch at her short staff as she held the book in her grasp closer, upon hearing the harrowing words that seemed to echo in her skull. I- gee.. you got me there.. i.. i dont really know Renee’s intentions, although.. She puckered her lips as she pondered, ..our goals are aligned in pursuit of magical power. But.. i.. Scylla’s mind stuttered, ..i really want to know what this book is about i must admit. But i’m sure Arthur knows where to begin to decipher at least.. hmm, i haven’t even consulted with Renee about this book either, so.. any decision i think would be a little.. uh.. premature? Maybe you'd like to live in my head for a while? I mean, considering you need me more than I need you?

If this witch in her mind could somehow mind control or tamper with her mind to where she could make her do things she didn't want to, Scylla wasn't willing to be on her bad side.

Scylla would grow visibly uncomfortable as the temptation the witch in her mind threw at her grew more and more enticing, especially the bit about learning from a master with knowledge pf the dark arts and what sounded like forbidden texts.
Surely there could be something regarding the topic in the forbidden section of the Ryken Academy’s library right?

Eek! Okay enough! You’re pulling too hard on my heart strings with this.. ambitious talk.. Her breathing quickened. ..I.. i dont think this is a good idea, Miss Voice inside my head. I just dont know enough just yet, i.. i hope you could understand. She said shrugging, with a confused look at Iberis who was following nearby. Love you, Bye.

Then when she mentioned some sensitive stuff to Iberis. H-hey i heard that! I blurted that out, i WAS a ballerina.. key word, WAS okay? As in, not anymore. Ugh!
She would suddenly walk on her tip toes, attempting a little spin before tripping on her feet and stumbling forward awkwardly. She stopped, and looked at Arthur a bit frantically, hoping he didn't look back. "Phew."

Then something horrible could be heard walking upon the marble floors, the sound of bones echoing through the hall. Suddenly the empty glare of skeletons pierced the darkness between them, as the bones clad in rusting and shoddy weaponry started towards the three. Scylla took a step back nervously, "Oh shit." She blurted out, before Arthur announced their arrival to the destination only for his magic ranged weapon to seize firing. "Uh.. Arthur wh-" He then commanded the witches to fend off the incoming attackers, which then Scylla looked towards Iberis, "You ready sis?" Scylla said with confidence as the witch's staff hummed to life floating before her with a soft spin as she held onto the book against her chest.

An elemental wind heralded the entrance of flames that would then spin around the witch. Charging up the twister as the witch closed her eyes, the staff floating before her would appear to feed the charging magic surrounding Scylla before opening her eyes, and targeting the nearest five skeletons at the front.

"Immolenis Vexenim" She whispered, as the sound echoed through the space, dividing the charged up elemental magic into five twisters that would come straight down upon the skeletons heads towards the ground.

• Flaming Twisters- Magic Affinity E- Wind Affinity F - Fire Affinity F - Magic Range E - Magic Targets E (5 targets) - Duration magic F (1 minute) - Energized E - - Scylla's short staff comes to life emitting magical power. She mutters the name of the ability before black clouds form above their targets and with a final swipe of her staff, tornadoes come rushing upon targets. - Grade E - 0 post Cooldowns [Energized E]

As she sent out her attack, Scylla suddenly turned around as an explosion erupted from the ground, she had dropped the book and covered her face with her hands before picking it up and starring through the rising rubble, "Whoa!!" She exclaimed as a fairly large fairy suddenly appeared and proceeded to decimate nearly if not the entire skeleton troop. "No way!? Just like that?!" She exclaimed her complaint of the fairy's strike. Scylla was nearly about to attack the fairy that appeared, but considering it had just helped them searched for his eyes, when the dust finally cleared and revealed its marvelous and beautiful wings. He was what could be described as a fairy but being the size of a taller than average human. Scylla attempted with all her might to keep her infatuation at bay, when her eye's suddenly became hearts and she appeared to nearly float. "Like.. wow.. you.. are.. so.. PRETTY!" The seduced witch swooned as if in a trance. "I know I should.. not.. be.. acting this way.. but.. I just.." She started towards Sage, "can’t..help.. it.." Her eye lashes fluttered as Scylla even now continued to try to resist [Seduction C]. Scylla finally waved at Sage by twiddling her fingers his way, "H-hi.. there c-" She stuttered, "..just.. HI!"

Last edited:
Iberis
Iberis let out a bit of her own sigh upon hearing that response, what did this voice expect her to ask when she was in hostile territory like this, who knew what was true even ? For all she knew this was an entity from this world that was lying to try to get them to do something advantageous for it and there didn't seem to be any proof that what was being said was true. Even so when the voice pointed that out it did make Iberis think for a moment while they moved along, was that really a possibility that Renee would do that? intentionally hold out on her? Of course Iberis knew that was a possibility one that she wasn't pleased about the prospects of. It seemed that whatever this was, was steadfast on claiming to be the teacher of Renee. She was curious about the narrative she heard, had Renee really betrayed her teacher for the reasons given? Even if Iberis accepted what this voice said as complete fact, how did she know that this figure would be as reliable as Renee? At the very least with Renee Iberis had felt reasonably safe. But she did think back to Renee's comment about Iberis being advanced in magic beyond Renee's starting age.. A conflicted look fell upon her face briefly.

And say that I agreed to learn from you, what would you need me to do for you in return? She asked in a straightforward sounding way like she was entertaining the idea for the moment outwardly towards the voice.

She figured this information was more important than anything else before even considering working with someone like this who sounded like an adversary towards Renee if the described history was accurate between them.
It wasn't like Iberis wasn't willing to go to greater lengths to get stronger, but so far Renee had benefited her by talking the talk and walking the walk, she had improved quite a bit since her entrance exam days, what could this new figure really offer her that Renee couldn't already? There was the fact she had taken more than a liking to Renee with their increased interactions, the high praise when deserved was always enough to keep her going.

She looked over towards Scylla when she tried to do the spin and cracked a smile, but she she snapped out of the discussion in her head and Scylla's spinning when she too heard Arthurs voice and saw the undead approaching them, they did not look particularly friendly. And what Arthur was saying didn't sound good either. When Scylla asked if she was ready she looked to her and nodded the glint of determination returning in her eyes, more than ready to bring down some undead.

"Nice casting Scylla." She'd proclaim with an edge of excitement in her voice, her facing lighting up. it was always cool seeing what Scylla could do. She started to move her staff around in the circular shape once more building up energy so she could cast Energy Stream to hopefully pierce through some of their lines, but before the spell could finish the winged figure smashed through the area and took care of many of the skeletons.

"H-Hey!" She'd call out, stumbling back at the sudden intruder, as she lost focus, before looking at him. A small tinge on pink on her face, before it went away seemingly a bit dazed for a moment before recovering "What..Who are you?..That was..Amazing!" She'd proclaim praising Sage, now smiling, look at that flex of power, some might even say it was on par with some of the impressive casting she'd seen from Renee in power of application. Her senses were very engaged, sight and sound, a spectacle of sorts, curious about that music she had heard. The good news was if this guy was terminating skeletons he probably wasn't an enemy.

Mentions: RavenSong RavenSong NeramoDJI NeramoDJI Skyhunter Skyhunter

The last ember of anger dying away as she watched the monster perish, Hope stared blankly at its seared skull, unsure what to do next. Shouldn't she be satisfied? It got what it deserved; she'd got her vengeance, and everyone, for the most part, was okay. So why did she feel so guilty? Her eyes dimmed, and Hope closed her cloak around herself with a sigh. Maybe this could've gone differently. Maybe, if she weren't so aggressive, no one would've been hurt. If only she'd tried something else. If only...

"No."

She hadn't done a thing wrong. She'd given the monster the opportunity to do the right thing, to make its own choice. And this is what it chose. Maybe there was something she could've done, but that didn't matter now. It made its choice, and she made hers. Now it was a searing corpse. All because of its choices. There was nothing she could've done to prevent that. Hope's eyes shrunk for a moment, but nevertheless, they formed tiny happy arcs, "You know what, Hope..." She thought, standing a bit taller, "You did your best. That's all that matters."

Finally satisfied, Hope edged closer to the group, only to be surprised by Renee's sudden shower of praise. Slightly skeptical, Hope's eyes flicked over Renee's head, brightening as her [Sixth Sense F - Chaos] activated, but even then, she saw nothing but the soothing undulations of yellow energy. She was being entirely genuine! "Wow. Uh, t-thank you, Renee!" She replied, the arcs in her eyes widening, "Heh, I thought you were gonna start yelling at me again, but that's all I needed to hear!" Immediately, the thought of a hug came over her. However, just as soon as she thought about bringing it into action, Hope hesitated. She had a feeling Renee wasn't the type for sudden hugs.

Mad Maw, on the other hand, was a completely different story. Feeling the gnoll pull her into an embrace caught her off guard at first, but it wasn't long before Hope returned the gesture with an endearing little squeeze of her own. "Aww, don't worry, MM, I missed you too!" She squealed in delight, "Just try to stick a bit closer to me next time. I'm the one supposed to be getting lost around here!" Then, releasing Mad Maw to face Kalina, Hope greeted the taller woman's concern with a small smile, "It stings like a mother-" She paused, "I mean, it hurts a bit, but nothing a few bandages can't fix," Her eyes flicked over Kalina's head as well. A familiar hue of orange lulled into her vision. "Oh! And you're hungry too, right?" Hope asked, innocently nodding her head, "Maybe we can all grab a bite to eat later? A little celebratory lunch! How's that sound?"

The idea made her stomach grumble. Up until Renee had Kalina decapitate the monster's body. And, much to Mad Maw's discontent, handed over its skull to her. Dumbfounded, Hope stared into its empty sockets and, with slight concern forming in her eyes, gazed back at Renee. The yellow aura around her still hadn't stopped. "Um," Hope took a step back and waved a hand in apology, "I appreciate it, but you know more about this 'Voidwalking' thing than me." She glanced at the skull again, and a chill ran up her spine. Her stomach churned with new apprehension. "M-maybe it's better if you keep it..."

Inquiry's Fall
1671431736269.png

1671431956789.png

Renee Nyx
1671431984427.png

As Renee eagerly awaited Kalina to remove the limbs off the dead Voidwalker, she nodded quickly, " Yes yes, I am quite fine, sister. " Renee spoke quickly, " I will be once we remove this thing into pieces. " Renee stated, but then Kalina brought up the fact that they haven't spoken a lot. Which did infuriate the witch, this wasn't the time for emotions to get in the way. Besides, they were stuck in a realm with dead things all around them. It was hard for them to communicate when Renee was on a mission to stop from more eldritch threats popping up, having to deal with dark beings, and with Renee's goals in mind to try and use the book she had acquired from Dahak's chest back in that dungeon of his. " Sister. " Renee started with a sweet smile, " I can't talk too much when I have a lot of things going on at the moment. I'm trying to keep us all safe while also searching for this final person we need to give a protection circle to. I am fine, sister. I am more worried about my students though; I hope they arrive here soon or are safe. " Of course, Renee wasn't exactly fine, this was how Renee felt back in Kannato with that bitch Sophia Smith always on Kalina's back like the leech she was. She was also somewhat hoping that Scylla and Iberis were dead, it'd be good if they were but also great if they weren't. Renee had plans for the future that they could help with. " I want to talk a lot more personally when we are finished in this realm. For now, I will endure and be fine. " The witch explained herself.

When Kalina had finally removed the Voidwalker's limbs, she smiled gleefully. This was going to be a great theory. Renee took the hands and skull in her hands, even though the face of the head was nothing more than melted and hardened gore, Renee found it enjoyable. " Let's see here... " Renee held the skull and looked at the other side of the room. She held it up heroically, but it did nothing. Renee raised a brow trying to figure out to make it work. She then growled and slapped the head and immediately Renee disappeared only to reappear across the room. Renee turned around with a wide smile, " Yes! I knew it! " Renee called with an accomplished tone in her voice. Renee then rubbed the head of the skull and appeared back in front of Kalina. " Yes... " Renee chuckled as she tossed the skull up and catching it. Looking to Kalina, she handed one of the hands to her. " Rub it or shake it you'll be able to Voidwalk. I think it can only go up to forty feet but should help you since you are the sneaky type. " Renee said turning to Hope. But only for Madeline to intervene.

Renee felt nothing but rage and hatred for the Gnoll, she would love to absolutely obliterate Mad Maw into ash and dust. But right now, was not the time. " Madeline, I don't know why you think you know me. I suggest you go roll around in dead cats again, just like how I found you. " Renee shook her head with a sigh, " It is a gift, for her saving me. A valuable magic piece that you won't be able to find anywhere else. " Renee watched the gnoll waltz off, which Renee turned to look at Hope, getting a bit closer. When Hope mentioned that she thought Renee was going to yell again, she only giggled innocently. " Of course not, Hope. You saved me from dying. I doubt me and my sister would have been able to stop that Voidwalker. Without your help I would have been dead. " And that was the truth, Renee found Hope a bit too innocent for her own good, but she liked the Shadow Fae either way.

Renee saw that Hope was about to hug her, Renee didn't mind for hugs, but she figured to better get on Hope's good side, she must comply. Renee then smiled, " Bring it in, Hope. " Renee said as she then hugged the Shadow Fae. Against her better judgement. The witch pulled away after a few moments having a kind smile on her face. " I won't force you to take the skull, Hope. But all you have to do is rub the skull and look where you want to go to. It will only take you about forty feet in that direction. But just keep that in mind. " Renee stated, " If you don't want it then that's fine. But I can guarantee you, you won't find something like this. The Voidwalker is a very rare thing to come across and even rarer to kill. " Renee explained before she then hung the skull on her hip. " It's there if you want it. Otherwise, I am going to give it to one of my students. " Although Renee was cut off when she heard some sort of commotion below them, down below the balcony. " Oh, what now. " Renee sighed, sounding annoyed. She moved to the balcony and saw through the floorboards; a fairy made his way through.

Renee stared at the power that this fairy wielded, which Renee raised a brow, smirking as she placed a hand on her cheek. " My oh my... Would you look at that. " The witch nodded slowly. She liked this guy. Impressive power he wielded. Funny. This was the target she needed to give a protection circle to. " Hey. Up here, fairy. " Renee called as she held the hand of the Voidwalker. Having an impressed smile on her face, " You look like a lot of fun. "

The skeletons that were coming for Arthur, Scylla and Iberis slowly made their way towards them. Scylla's and Iberis' attacks completely decimated whatever their magic struck, Arthur finally got his weapon working, standing up aiming it only for the rest of the skeletons to become nothing but ash. Standing there was a fairy, which Arthur quickly pointed his gun at. " Oh great, a seducing fairy. " But Scylla and Iberis walked pass him and straight into the open room. Arthur huffed and lowered his gun; he made his way forward. Renee would see her students appear and with the gunslinger. " Well, I'm glad you two are okay. " Renee called down to Scylla and Iberis. Scylla would hear the voice in her head scoff then growl. " You waste my time. I will look for someone who knows how to not waste an opportunity. " Scylla would no longer hear the call of the voice. Iberis would then hear in her head. " Kill Renee. " The voice then would leave Iberis alone. " And you found the gunslinger. Wonderful. " Renee smile down at Arthur who only stared back up at her with the cold eyes he had. " My my. Aren't you an impressive looking specimen. " Renee stated looking at Arthur. " You should see me up close, there's a bunch more you would be impressed by. " Arthur called to Renee. This gained a laugh from Renee, a genuine laugh.

Now with everyone meeting up, there was now only the one goal they needed to complete, give Sage a protection circle and continue on to find this spire. But there was a shift. Dahak would appear behind Renee, the vision of him. Kalina, Hope and Mad Maw would see and be able to hear him. " Renee. Listen. " Renee quickly turned around seeing Dahak. " What the hell do you want now? " Dahak looked around rapidly. " It's not good. They found me. My actual body. They are coming for you. For the book. The Codexius Choaxirs. " Dahak stated. Renee looked perplexed. " Who's coming? " She asked pulling out her catalyst. Dahak took a deep breath, " The Blue Viscera Occult. " He announced.

Renee's eyes widened. " Oh shit. " Renee quickly turned to look at the group down below him. She was about to announce something to them when at the end of the room, behind Sage, a portal would open. On the other side a large golden man stood holding a golden axe. He held a dismembered body in one hand and slowly made his way through, each step he took sounded heavy and powerful. Until they finally made their way through to the other side. " At long last. You few have finally gained the Ire of the Blue Viscera Occult. " The golden figured announced, the dismembered body he held was that of the real Dahak. In the flesh, his limbs leaked blackened blood. " I require the Codexius Choaxirs. " He announced with a loud rumble in his voice, his voice was very deep, and he obviously had a lot of power behind him. In the portal behind him was an icy plain, a mountain top actually. There undead stood at the ready as they slowly marched their way through to help their leader. " Give me the book or suffer a terrible fate. " The massive golden man spoke. He was standing at about 8 feet (243 cm), the axe he held had fresh blood on it. Even in the portal there was an undead dragon awaiting orders. The real Dahak was cackling, " Do not give him the book. He will kill you or turn you either way. Ain't that right, Naberius? " Dahak asked. Naberius stared down at Dahak.

1671611991900.png

The vision of Dahak that stood next to Renee watched the scene, " Renee. Do not give him the book. You allowed me to live. This is me telling you the absolute truth. Do not give it to him. " The vision growled with a finally serious tone. Naberius stared down at the dismembered Dahak and growled. " I grow sick of you, jester. " Naberius held the dismembered body of Dahak in the air, massive claw on his head for them all to watch. Naberius then slowly squeezed down as Dahak's head exploded in a bloody pulp. The golden undead then threw the body down on the ground. " Now. Give me the Codex. " Naberius roared. The vision took a step backwards seeing what had just happened. " I-! I'm dead...! " The vision said looking at his hands as they began to disappear before the vision finally faded away " No... I haven't found the council yet... I've always been a slave. " Dahak spoke his final words just as he disappeared. Renee stared with shock, " Oh my god... " Renee whispered looking over at where Dahak was just standing.

Kalina Chivernu
Mentions: Renee Skyhunter Skyhunter | Hope The Last Curse The Last Curse | Mad Maw Garbage Pail Kid Garbage Pail Kid

Kalina was a bit confused when the gnoll greeted her in rather odd terms. Then again, the thing didn't seem right in the head, so it was best to just ignore it. That said, when the gnoll asked to be held by the ankles, Kalina couldn't resist the chance. “Sure.” She said, with a smile, shoving the gnoll from the balcony only to keep a hold of her by the ankles at the last moment so she'd swing off the balcony in all her flashy colours. “Are you seeing anything good there?” She'd ask. The game was up soon enough, however, as they were reunited with the rest of the group and Kalina drew the gnoll back up.

“Hmhm... I wouldn't mind getting a taste.” She absent-mindedly replied when she heard the Fae call out on being hungry. If previous Fae were anything to go by, their blood was some top tier stuff. She wondered if this shadowy Fae would be any different. She honestly wasn't sure if this Fae woman was just naïve or hadn't caught on yet, but she couldn't suppress a smile. “If you're offering a bite, I'd gladly take one~” She said, not being serious, yet at the same time, wanting to be serious with the message. Alas, she had other things to focus on.

For one, her sister. “I know, I know. Not now, but definitely later, right?” She didn't meant to have a long talk right now, but insisted on having her sister promise to have one later. It felt a little weird to use some other creature's hand to 'Voidwalk' around, but this wasn't the worst or weirdest thing she'd done or seen, so she could live with it.

She was a little, no a lot, confused when some handsome tall fairy bloke showed up. Just imagine the blood quality of that one. That was the dominant thought going through her. She being attracted to all the wrong things, as something about him almost made her drool even more than the Fae woman had done. The feeling subsided, however, when she heard the rest of the group talking.

She sighed when she heard Dahak again. The news he brought, however, was troublesome. That cult was bad news. Even so, she couldn't help herself from smiling at the sight of the dismembered body of Dahak. It was wonderful. Seeing Dahak's head explode? That was the best show of her life. She had to hold back from clapping her hands and cheering. She was thoroughly enjoying it. It's only when the golden figure demanded the book again that she realised they might be in a bit of a difficult situation. “Ah, as much as I would want to reward you for giving me such an amazing show, I'm afraid my sister needs that book~ How about you just wait your turn on it?” She said, perhaps being too high on the adrenaline from seeing such a great sight as Dahak being squashed to really have fear or reasonability sink in.

Somewhere in the back of her mind, Hope hadn't expected Renee to take her refusal so lightly. Much less be the one to give her a hug. For a moment, she stiffened in the witch's embrace, but with a relieved sigh, Hope quickly relented. "Oh, I knew you'd come around," She muttered cheerfully, savoring every second, "And by the way? Don't worry about that apology. You've already said more than enough!" But she already knew that was a bare-faced lie. There were still plenty of apologies to be said to Someone else entirely. She had to bring it up sooner or later. "But, there's still one more thing..." Hope sighed, "You've gotta say sorry to Mad-"

Before she could finish, she heard something crashing farther below. When she crept to the balcony and peered over, she saw it wasn't something that was causing all that noise. It was Someone. Someone she recognized instantly. "Oh. My. God!" Hope shrieked, grip tightening on the handrail, "SAGE?!" But that couldn't have been right! How'd he end up here? How'd he look so different? It felt like only weeks before she escaped those ruins, so why did he look so much older? "Nonono, this has to be a trap!" She looked around for the monster that definitely was casting this sick illusion, "Someone's messing with your head. Someone's..." She fervidly shook the thought right out of her head. There was no time to think! She needed to get a better look! And who cared if it was an illusion? What if it wasn't? What if there was still more hugging to be done!? "SAGE! STAY RIGHT THERE! I'M COMING!"

As soon as Hope spun around to find some way down, she saw Dahak. Almost immediately, whatever joy she had lept off the balcony. Even more so when a larger figure, clad in gold, suddenly appeared. Her eyes constricted into tiny dots as she gazed upon the giant interloper and the bleeding corpse it held in its hand. Of course Dahak brought this thing to them! "Dahak! What the hell did you-" Hope trailed off as a sickening squish filled the room, the corpse utterly destroyed. And before she could get a word in edgewise, Dahak was aswell, "Do..."

It didn't feel as good as she expected. Sure, he was gone, but she hadn't gotten the chance to tell him off! Or flip him the bird! Or both, simultaneously! And now, in his stead, he'd left her in even more trouble! At least Kalina seemed to have enjoyed it, although Hope wasn't too eager to join in on her satisfaction. Not with yet another creature making demands. "W-Wait! Who are you? And what's a 'Blue Viscera Occult?" She asked Naberius, "And... why do you need Renee's book..?"

Iberis

Once she broke her focus from the fairy, and she looked around to make sure that the immediate threats were gone, as she looked ahead was relieved that Renee and the others were intact. Finding herself moving with Scylla towards the group. She nodded "Mhm, we were successful." sounding like it hadn't had been as big an ordeal as it had been. She immediately felt safer in general upon hearing Renee's voice tell them she was glad they were safe, unaware of how Renee had really felt earlier. She smiled warmly back at Renee, but then she heard the words in her head tell her to simply Kill Renee. Causing the smile to quickly fade away. She went into thought almost immediately.

The questions coming back into her mind was she really just using her or others? And this expedition, did it help them as a group or did it mainly benefit Renee? While Iberis certainly looked up to Renee she wasn't stupid, she had to be observant to survive on the streets..many thoughts went through her mind quickly. What was she to do? Could she really go through with killing Renee if it meant more power? Part of her probably could compartmentalize it that way, particularly if Renee was doing what the voice had told her. Even then when would be a good opportunity to kill her? When her guard was down no doubt, the thought did cross Iberis's mind in that moment that she may have already been considering it. The voice had certainly picked well to bet on her. She had always been a bit peculiar that way. If Renee was using her and holding her back..what choice did Iberis have after all?

Before her mind could go down this slippery slope of thought, she heard the comment this other Arthur had made and almost giggled a bit knowing very well the implications, but this didn't last long when the Dahak vision appeared, while Iberis couldn't see or hear him, she did see Renee's reaction to his comment making her on high alert, and before she knew it she spun towards the large figure who was now coming out the portal? Was this someone who even Renee was concerned about? What was their affiliation? And why did they want this book so badly? Iberis gripped her staff tightly. How much had Renee not been telling them about this book? She watched the necromancer's body get crushed with very little outward reaction, much like she had before with curiosity, until she eventually grimaced.

"As she says It would be most enlightening if you could answer what you are nd do you want the book?" Iberis asked cold and collectedly, referencing Hope's questions looking back at the large violent figure. Deep down she was somewhat nervous but nevertheless, she awaited a reply. Perhaps they had a compelling reason. She was ready to cast a moments notice just the same.

Skyhunter Skyhunter Elvario Elvario RavenSong RavenSong Garbage Pail Kid Garbage Pail Kid NeramoDJI NeramoDJI The Last Curse The Last Curse

Users who are viewing this thread

Back