• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Graded [Ryken City] Turnabout Underground

NeramoDJI

Deodorant Devourer
This RP is part of the Isekai Hell group. It will follow Neramo Blackwood and his companion(s) as he waits for the court date for the trial of an underground leader, Miguel Gundabal. It will focus on interactions, and combat.

As of recent, concrete evidence had been found against a decently prominent underground figure, Miguel Gundabal. Miguel had been getting away with acquitals due to inconcrete evidence and intimidating members of the trial against testifying and prosecuting him. However, as of recent, not only has concrete evidence of extortion and criminal activity been found, a court member who could not be intimidated had been found as well and ordered to preside the case. However, the court knew that Miguel's partners would not let him be taken away so easily. With Miguel locked away in a holding cell, the only issue was keeping the prosecutor safe, which is where they had hired a small group of mercenaries to stay with him until the court date.

Current Theme:

1647488828477.png

Neramo Blackwood
1647488256045.png
Neramo was sitting around an Inn idly. He was told to stay here by the court, seeing as they knew any assassins would easily find him at his office. This was where those who were told to protect him were told he would be. He simply waited in the outside eating area, his blank face staying as it was. He was hiding his annoyance with the mercenaries being hired, seeing as he had a distaste for all Sellswords, seeing them as having no respect for the law, only the coin they received for enforcing it. The exact kind of people Miguel would hire for his own nefarious purposes. But he supposed that with the assets of the court, they could keep the mercenaries loyal for the time being.

He simply looked around for a moment, sighing as he leaned back in his chair, dragging his finger across the bread in front of him, watching a clean slice appear in the bread as his finger glided through it with ease, stabbing a slice of bread and taking a bite. He asked specifically for a metal mug for his drink, knowing he would leave cuts and gashes in a wooden mug. He would repay the inn, but didn't want to inconvenience a law abiding business.

1647488937191.png

Meanwhile, inside the tavern, it was bustling and busy, with a barmaid moving around from table to table. She was moving around, with various citizens and some more unsavory looking types around, calling for food and drinks, the woman not missing a beat as she moved from place to place. "Aye sir, be right with you!" She called, moving past a fellow barmaid as she stood near the entrance to the tavern, where anyone entering would be able to see her.

Last edited by a moderator:

< VII >

“Sq—squaww—! SQUAWK!!! SQUAWK!!”

Frantic squawks followed after frantic squawk as the tiny bird would sprint-burst further and further—! Bursting further and further away from that terrifying, growling beast...what, with its razor-sharp teeth, its scowling expression--eyes that shone, not with light, but instead with the flames of aggression and fury--Of all terrible, terrible happenstances throughout today, her dear, adorable life just had to be met with such a terrible, disgusting drooling...

A drooling which was targeted towards her adorable little coat.

With her bare, bare escape from the growling beast's razors, a still-following, harking, barking tone that would serve to overpower her cute little eardrums as she sprint-bursted faster and farther away from her terrifying, terrifying, long-tongued and pawed aggressor...its every howling call in her direction only brought her furthered fear and tremor, squawks-a-squealing.

"Stupid wings...stupid...STUPID!! FLIGHTLESS!!!! WINGS!!...Pleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasenononononononononononoooooo!! I DON'T WANNA BE FOOD!! NONONONO!!! PLEASEEEEGOD NO, I'MNOTFOOD--PLEASE--!"

She knew not of how it was that this little terror fest would end up following through into the city. Let alone, why it was that this terrifying being found her of all things to be the potential object for its teeth's gluttonous, ravenous desires...

How long would this chase even go on for?? Definitely not hours, but she knew for sure that it was more than a few too many minutes.

...Wait...wait, actually...maybe that thing wasn't still following her...maybe she was safe all this time and she was just--

The moment she turned away her rosy pink eyes was the same moment that her adorable, frail body would find itself at a terrible, desperate situation...a sudden jolting of her body as her feet, her body felt itself slammed in its entirety. As she glanced upward towards her assailant, she realized just who her enemy was--a terrible, formidable, unmovable wall...

zwRHxxn.jpg

"Sq...squaww..."

...A chair's leg.

...an *occupied* chair's leg.

Seven was running away from a dog. The chase caused her to run into the city for safety, eventually leading into her running into Neramo's chair (unless otherwise decided).

Additional note: I'll let the narrator (Neramo) decide if the dog is still chasing after Seven, or if it even was a dog in the first place, hahaha.

Last edited:
John Brown

ezequiel-dominguez-practica-22-siegward.png

The armored human leaned against the wall of the inn, his eyes lidded as he looked around. His helmet was off, allowing him to slowly drink his booze in peace. While he wasn't going to get drunk, he wasn't going to just stand around like normal guard duty.

He thought back to when he was assigned this job. It felt like, a lot of the time, when they had a job that was out of the ordinary for a member of the city guards to do, he was always the one brought up to do it by his CO. He wasn't sure if it was his aversion to changes in the norm or if it was his general carelessness when it came to a lot of the guard duties he performed, but it was almost like they enjoyed punishing him with these missions.

As he thought, his eyes flitted to the bird hopping by. It seemed to almost be running for its life, but from what he wasn't sure. But for some reason he felt it important enough for him to stand up, walking towards it as it made its way towards the chair the one he was protecting was sitting in, before the bird when headlong into the wooden frame.

As it looked up at Neramo, the guard finished making his way over, his mug going onto the table before the guard reached down and gently took the bird in his hands. "Now, what's this?" He checked the bird over, not seeing anything specifically wrong with it. "Is something the matter? You hurt?" They were more rhetorical questions than actual ones, but still, he asked them. Something like this was at least a distraction from the boring work he had been ordered to do, and that was enough for now.​

Stormbreaker
Jfabo1V.png

I don't have an image of her in armor. It's like Black Knight Armor.
The black armored dragon seemed to be lost in thought as she looked down at her beer she was consuming. She was pondering a few things as she just thought to herself. Mainly about her past beforehand and how that could have been changed by her being more open about friendship and not becoming a lone wolf. No longer, anyhow. I can't dwell on the past anymore than I should. She thought to herself.

Ah, back to the topic on hand right. I forgot why I was here. It was for a job, correct? I think it was. I hope it so. The bodyguard job. She thought as looked over at Neramo, who seemed to be the employer of the whole thing. At least that's what the description gave me. I hope that's correct. Then, suddenly, there was that commotion involving that bird, who was being chased by what seemed to be a dog. It looks so fluffy. I want to steal that thing. Stormbreaker thought as she got up from her chair, only to walk over to the dog and grab it, picking it up in her arms.

She looked over at the bird. "Are you alright, little bird?" She glanced across at the knight with a nod as she looked at the bird. Her expressions on her face couldn't been seen under the helmet but she was concerned ever so slightly.

Last edited:
Aemon Clyde
Interactions: Shirokane Shirokane Silent Angel Silent Angel Etymarchen Etymarchen NeramoDJI NeramoDJI
d6aa5e83aa6336cf7eec01cdebd15b9d.jpg

"Sorry boys, read em and weep." Aemon laid out his hand on the table to the sound of groans and curses. A straight flush had earned him his victory and a nice little bit of coin. One of his playing companions, a gruff looking fellow snarled. "Your cheatin! No way you are that lucky!" accused the brute of a man. Aemon merely smiled and leaned forwards keeping eye contact with the man. "Ain't no cheating here friend, just the heart of the cards and some love from lady time. " Reaching his hand forward he plucked up his winnings, a few meager coins. Reaching behind him he placed the coins on the tray of a passing bar maid, " a round for each of the gentlemen for being such good sports." he told the woman.

Aemon had traveled this far to learn more about magic, but no one said he couldn't have a little fun while he was here. He also needed to earn money, so gambling was definitely one way of earning some. He wasn't dumb enough to think it was going to be the only way, so he had accepted a job posting. Some crimelord got himself locked up, and word on the street was that the prosecutor had a bounty on his back. So guards were being hired to protect the man. Sounded like it not only had decent pay, but would be pretty entertaining as well. Right up his alley.

Standing up from his chair he was forced to take a step backwards and lean against the table, "Woah there!" A small feather creature dashed past him in a wild panic, it was being chased by what looked like a dog. Leaning forward to get a good look and ended up watching the bird take a nasty impact with a chair leg. Luckily the little bird had an absolutely massive knight to help it out, and some kind of armored woman to pick up the dog. A group like that only meant one thing, those were the people he was supposed to be on a job with, minus the bird of course. Moving over to the group he gave them a smile, "Greetings. Is this the right place and time for the round up?" He asked to the group in general.

Neramo glanced at the sudden explosion of activity, sighing to himself as his peaceful eating was so suddenly interrupted, standing and looking around. The first thing he saw was the pair of individuals holding animals, a small puffball of a dog barking ravenously in the arms of the dragon woman, and a large heavyset man holding the bird. He slowly approached, keeping his hands close at his sides. "Well. I can see subtlety is not part of the assignment." He said halfheartedly. He saw the gambler approaching, glancing behind him a moment as he saw the annoyed gamblers at the table, a small bit of distaste evident in his eyes before he looked over the group, deciding to deal with the animal situation first.

"May I ask why suddenly everyone is talking to a bird?" He asked rhetorically, having not heard the bird speaking when it was being chased. After his question was posed, he recognized the group as the ones he was told would be coming to protect him, noticing a guard among them, nodding a little bit towards said guard. "And yes, this is where the meeting is to take place." He clarified to the gambler, keeping careful to keep his hands far away from anything that was not himself.

As the gambler walked away, one of the ruffians at the table was not so quick to take his claim of innocence, following him outside, looking at John Brown, the main evident guard, pointing towards him. "Oy! Blue blood! This lads a ruddy cheater, ain't it your job to get them punished 'fore we do it ourselves?" He said, gesturing to Aemon angrily, not so quick to accept losing, even with the rounds being purchased, assuming it to be a way to cover his tracks with a correct accusation.

The dog continued to bark angrily at the bird, saying unspeakable things in the animal language, of what it would do with her beak and feathers. To all the humans however, it would sound like happy little puppy yips.

The court had offered a hefty amount of coin for the job, at least, in comparison to most jobs, due to the requirement that the prosecutor must survive, so as to prevent someone from taking payment from both the underground and themselves and kill the prosecutor while claiming they tried to protect him.

< VII >

The few moments following the moment she was picked up was the same moment her talons and wings would begin to flap faster and faster--

This of course, to no avail. She was at the misfortune of being a victim to some giants cupping her gently in their hands, her wings flailing fro and forth before she would calm her wings...At least, until certain queries would crest out from the worried voices of the beings that would retrieve her body.

Was she hurt? Was she alright?

zwRHxxn.jpg

Beyond being rather exhausted--fatigued--she was quite alright, she assumed. Mentally? She saw no reason to ponder upon such, though perhaps others would deem such a thing to be of certain value. While not entirely the best informed with regards to how it was that the general visage of the mentally wounded was meant to be interpreted, her realizations on the explanations on the physical, on the other hand, should have been further, further understandable and universal.

...Although...

The cursing mutt currently being held and restrained in the hands of the dragon woman. Cute? Endearing? She had no such words reserved for this stubborn little mutt. Any formalization of such a rude and savage creature would have been an insult to the very definition of sophistication.

...But perhaps such lacking willingness to formalize such a beast was all within her favor, the bird would glance up to her rescuers with a gaze of curiosity, making furthered note to describe their appearances and personalities--at least, that she would observe in that moment.

"...Squaw..."

She cleared her throat, shaking her feathers about for a moment.

"...I...must attest," she began, sighing, "I was already more than exhausted through the day when a certain white scoundrel had the audacity to ambush me during my attempts to simply engorge on a lovely meal of seeds..."

Her speech patterns, while rhythmic and gentle to the ear, too held back a slight tension with remark to the little fluffbeast before her. With her beak, it was rather difficult to attempt a pout--

She did, however, have feathers. Wings that she could ruffle about in 'polite' gesture to the dog before her, before she turned her gaze to her rescuers.

"Still, I must thank you all very, very much for rescuing me from this terrible, rude, savage beast. This unfortunate, spoiled beast whose nutrients would be reserved not to satisfy its capability of thought but instead to further its fluff and fluff." She gazed up at them with her rosy pink eyes--it was quite impossible for her to create any other expression other than the one she already had. "Ahem. My apologies for my little bout of sympathies towards this brawnfully cursed creature. I simply felt the need to make note of this fluffball's unfortunate birth circumstances in due to assist those around it in recognizing its needs for assistance within its perceivably wasteful and unappreciative journey of life. Although...I would like to ensure that it would not be too much of me to ask...

...Might I please have something to eat?"

In her somewhat formal manner of discussion and speech, Seven would thank her rescuers and do her best to not throw shade at such a rude and impeccable dog by throwing rather passive aggressive jabs at its lacking intellect. She would berate the dog on its morally-poor decisions in ambushing her when she was both tired and trying to eat...

...Speaking of not eating, she wants food. Please give her food.

John Brown

The guard rolled his eyes at the statement made by the knife handed enforcer. "Neramo, as you could presume, I, at least, would not have been hired if secrecy was of utmost importance. Though, I must admit I wish it was. The guards would have had to go to somebody else for this if that was the case. I, for my part, think that us being closer to you will keep you more safe, at least in the event of one of us needing to act as a human shield."

He absentmindedly pet the bird as he turned to look at the upset gambler, his face impassive. "And as for you, sir, please tell me how he cheated. If I believe that it did take place, I will ask him to return his ill gotten winnings. If not, and you don't have a genuine reason for him cheating outside of you don't think that he could have won that well, then please, leave us alone. I'm off normal duty as a guard and I would rather not have to deal with more work than I already have dealing with this..." he tilted his head towards the prosecutor, "court lawyer."

A frown crossed his normally blank face as another voice came into the mix, one that he didn't see at first until he looked down at the bird he was absently petting. He stopped, his eyebrows going up for a few moments in surprise at her actions, before the blank face passed over him once more. "Well, I apologize for this dog's rude behavior, miss, but I wouldn't expect anything more from them. Unlike you they don't seem to be blessed with an intellect and flowery words. But," he paused, reaching forward and placing the bird down on the table, his eyebrows twitching slightly, "I wouldn't suggest talking so profusely about something else being a waste of space without knowing your audience. If I were a lesser man, I might have gotten annoyed by that statement." He thought back to the dogs he personally owned in his previous life, before shrugging. "But, I guess you did have quite a scare, so heated words are expected."

His hand waved over a barmaid, bringing her so the bird could order. "Have what you want. My treat." He looked back down at the bird as he made the statement, his pupils lighting up slightly as he used his [Appraisal D] on her, the fact that you don't meet a talking bird every day definitely catching his eye.​

Aemon Clyde
Interactions: NeramoDJI NeramoDJI Silent Angel Silent Angel Etymarchen Etymarchen Shirokane Shirokane

Aemon chuckled at the man identified as Neramo's response, The man seemed like he was of a more serious person. Of course that seemed like a given thanks to the circumstances. He supposed that if he had a hit put out on him for merely trying to bring justice o a crime boss, Aemon would be rather serious as well. Actually he probably wouldn't have been to serious. In those darker moments of life it is better to take it in strides. He couldn't remember why he felt that way or what event triggered it, but he knew it just felt right.

As one of the ungrateful gents who he bought a drink for with his own winnings decided to com up to the big guy and complain about Aemon's assumed cheatings, he shook his head . Satisfied with the big guards response Aemon looked at the ruffian, "You are making yourself look bad. I'm more then willing to prove myself innocent." As he spoke he took of his gloves showing there was no cards hidden inside, rolled up his sleeves to show the same, and even raised his hat. "As you can see no hidden cards or slips of the hand, I won fair and square."

His attention was quickly taken away from the ruffian as the bird... spoke? I's voice was soft and clean which was quiet a shock. The bird was definitely upset by biein gchased around, and it's language reflected that. Still he couldn't help but chuckle. "Well I'll be. Don't see that every day"

Iduna Isra

Iduna_Isra.jpg
Beyond this... rather odd conversation-- the conversation of a group beginning to form bonds for the first time...

The tavern band's music began to die down- the light tune of flute and the harsh slam of drums slowing till only the sound of a rhythm beginning to form was left.

It was a vaguely familiar rhythm, one that could very easily be followed by a crowd- this was her intention- you must entrance the crowd and catch their attention before beginning any performance, that was one of the sacred rules she always followed- one of a set that remained rigid as ice or stone.

One, never choose a song too complex for others to follow.

Two, never attempt going beyond your vocal range.

And three... never leave the crowd waiting for too long. They'll lose focus.

A girl, perhaps not too far from the age of twenty stood, tapping her foot stiffly, in the center of the band. Her hands were folded neatly in front of her, eyes shut as she found her cue and began to sing. It was a song in a different language, each word having been obviously practiced many many times. She had chosen a jig- the music light-hearted- but the voice soft, almost flute-like in its nature as it flitted from high notes to low. As she entered the chorus, the rest of the band finally came back full force to accompany the soloist, who sang louder to make up for the addition.

Steve Stevenson
Human | Ryken Adventurer (F) | Hero of Osun | Hatchetman | Warrior | Martial Artist | Gladiator
tumblr_static_7m0v0fbnbm8808c0048c4sg0k.png

Interactions
:
NeramoDJI NeramoDJI Silent Angel Silent Angel Etymarchen Etymarchen Shirokane Shirokane Dante Verren Dante Verren

Given the nature of the work he had taken, Steve decided to fill up his waterskin with actual water rather than his usual alcoholic beverage. However, being in a tavern, it would have been a shame if he didn't treat himself to a swig.

"Many thanks, ma'am." Steve smiled at the barmaid that served him his large, cold, frothy beverage.

After his most recent adventure, Steve was not eager on leaving the borders of the capital just yet. On top of the grueling mission he had been a part of, the trip back to Ryken wasn't as seamless as he would have liked. Harsh weather, wild creatures, and the occasional bandit troupe made the journey a bit more troublesome. This wasn't all bad though. This gave Steve the opportunity to become more accustomed with his new equipment and more combat experience with a variety of foes. This was most convenient for him since the job he was on, if push came to shove, possibly involved fighting.

"Ahhh!" Unable to help himself, Steve exhaled deeply and more loudly than usual. If the frothy mustache that he was donning did not make it apparent, Steve's was obviously enjoying his drink. His short stature made the large mug of ale he ordered look bigger than it was, appearing like a small barrel nestled in the young adventurer's hands.

Though far from being intoxicated, Steve certainly felt more outgoing. Noticing the slight commission that was going on near him, with drink in tow, Steve headed to the group of individuals that he assumed to be the party he was going to be working with.

"Pardon me, but good day." Steve asked as he squirmed his way into the group. "I'm Steve Stevenson, from the Adventurers Guild." Although he tried to look professional, his child-like appearance, the comically large mug of ale he was hugging, and his froth mustache, might have made it difficult to take him seriously. "I too was sent here for the mission from the court." Before anyone could respond, Steve took another sip from his drink, fearing that it would lose its cool if he just idly stood waiting for a reply.

Neramo looked over the group that had formed, rubbing his eyes in a slight annoyance at how rowdy everything had gotten. "Let's just get on with business. We don't have anywhere to be until the day of the trial, so we'll be remaining here and in the surrounding area unless reason makes us leave." He explained once the bird was finished with her rant. "I'll have you know I can make some kind of jokes myself John." He said, slowly placing his hands in his shredded pockets, more a force of habit than any reason to it. The only reason he knew John's name is because that was the only one he was told, as he had been picked by the court for the task and Neramo was informed. He slowly raised an eyebrow at the approach of the two others. "We don't have time for accusations of cheating. I will investigate the matter once my current case is done." He said, before looking at the bird once more. He was half tempted to [Appraise] her, but he made it a rule for himself that he did not appraise unless he had a warrant, as it was a type of search in the end anyways.

The gambler saw the extreme opposition to his accusations, and without a concrete method in his head, he had no choice but to retreat into the crowd, sitting back down at his seat at the inn, turning to look at the singer as he felt that frustration and anger towards Aemon dissipate, enamored by the woman's singing while he remained in his seat, slowly taking his drink.

As he went in, he passed by the barmaid from the entrance, who approached the group with a smile on her face, having been the barmaid that John had waved over. She looked over the group, a customer service smile on her face.

"Oh boy, you folks got a party goin. What can I get for you lot?" She asked the group, looking towards the party while listening to see if there were any orders to be had, not suspicious of anything seeing as she simply assumed the dog belonged to the dragon woman, and that the bird was the large mans. Neramo turned to the barmaid first, before simply shrugging off the question, looking at those surrounding him. The woman nodded once at Steven, seeing as she had already given him something, but she simply wanted to check with the people he seemed to be with.

However, then he registered the court lawyer comment, looking over with slight annoyance. "I'm a bit more than just a lawyer. That implies I do nothing but sit behind a desk and let the criminals be dealt with by others. Too much room for error that way." He said before he turned to the bird. "Maybe the amount of seeds you ate has something to do with your inability to fly." He commented, sitting down on his chair with a sigh.

"There's not much else for me to comment on, you all already know the job you've been hired for." He said, still against this whole ordeal, thinking he'd be just fine put under the same guard as the crime lord, it was more legal that way. But he supposed if this is what the court wanted, it's what he would do. He heard the music from within the tavern, his eyebrow twitching a moment before he closed his eyes to listen. The arts were usually lost on him, but he had nothing else to do but listen to his companions or the music.

While all this happened, the dog continued to bark ravenously towards the bird, the tiny little barks and yips audible even within the inn, being the only noise that could be heard that was overpowering the song sung by the singer within the inn. It was trying to kick out of Stormbreakers hands, the dog extremely hyper and aggressive, but it's size preventing it from being threatening to anything that was not the bird.

However, due to the relatively quiet inn listening to the song mixed with the dogs ravenous and incessant barking, it was starting to create a scene where the patrons began to look in annoyance at the group outside, particularly the dog that was interrupting the song they had been listening to.

< VII >

As the bird's talons would eventually come into reach of the table, she would, as she would desire, hop off almost immediately. The bird's feathers would perk up at the giant armorclad's offering of a free meal.

"Maybe the amount of seeds you ate has something to do with your inability to fly."

Following, her playful, musing voice.

zwRHxxn.jpg

"Your lack of creativity speaks volumes on why you’re not in the office, Lawman, Sir.”

Still, in spite of her little fit towards the dog and playful musing, it was quite clear that she was in need of caution, or perhaps...

"Of course, Miss, might I please have a bowl of seeds and berries, miss?" she would ask the barmaid, a polite, sweet tonality as she made her request clear and simple.

Yes, she needed some food. She needed some good, delicious seeds with juicy berries in her little birdy's beak--the delectably crunchy concoction to be intermixed with the sweet, savory crisp that would meld into wonderful, quaffable nectar. All to be enjoyed with this wonderful song of the songstress at hand. Humming a slight to herself with the delight of the thought, she would unfortunately be met with a certain inconvenience:

The incessant amount of ear-shattering barking that disrupted the otherwise beautiful song at hand, disturbing not just the guests, but the little bird that really just wanted a nice meal. Rather annoyed, the bird would simply choose to ignore the dog’s presence, humming along and attempting to fill in between the missing melody and rhythm as she would let it continue on its tantrum, staring, waiting, listening to the songstress’s song in interest. Past her spite of the shrieking of this annoying pest. She didn’t speak the beast’s tongue, but it was more than clear that the room was unfond of such a disruptive noise. While she was quite unfond of entrusting such an uncontrollable presence, she felt it relatively correct to predict both that the dog would likely either eventually suffer some form of consequence for its loudness or, another within this party of individuals would likely place the first stone to handling the situation themselves.

As if to ensure as such, she offered a small glance of implication towards the dog’s currently unfortunate carrier, whose ears were likely more damaged than hers with its endless yapping.

Last edited:
Steve Stevenson
Human | Ryken Adventurer (F) | Hero of Osun | Hatchetman | Warrior | Martial Artist | Gladiator
tumblr_static_7m0v0fbnbm8808c0048c4sg0k.png

Interactions
:
NeramoDJI NeramoDJI Silent Angel Silent Angel Etymarchen Etymarchen Shirokane Shirokane Dante Verren Dante Verren

While their group continued being rowdy and loud, attracting a few unwanted stares, Steve simply chuckled and took a seat. As long as no violence took place, Steve was at ease. He actually appreciated how outgoing everyone else and how it helped keep the tavern as lively as it was. "Mr. Neramo." Through incessant chatter, music, and the barking of a dog, Steve turned to the lawman, pausing momentarily to partake of his chilled drink and once again. "About the people we're protecting you from. Any idea who they might be?" Given how crowded the tavern was, Steve wanted to get an idea on what type of individuals he had to keep his eyes open for. Looking at their group, they were certainly not the most inconspicuous. It was only a matter of time before they were found by whoever they were up against.​

Aemon Clyde
interactions: NeramoDJI NeramoDJI Silent Angel Silent Angel Discusstu Discusstu Etymarchen Etymarchen VictoryatLast VictoryatLast Shirokane Shirokane

Aemon gave a friendly wave as the annoyed gambler returned to his seat, Aemon wasn't about to get in trouble for something he didn't do. Before he could speak another person approached the group. This man was clearly a few cups in, and his name sounded practically made up. At least he seemed to be enjoying his time even if he was about to start a serious mission. Sure Aemon had a bit of fun, but this Steve Stevenson probably could have done with winding it in a bit.

When the barmaid approached it was assumed that she came over due to the ever increasing size of this strange group. That group was made even more strange when the bird started ordering seeds and berries as if it was reading off of a dinner menu. That sight itself caused Aemon to chuckle lightly as he took a seat at the table. IF only the dog which was getting more and more annoying. The lady holding the beast back must have been even more annoyed as it snapped and thrashed about in her hands, The poor singer trying her best was even getting barked and growled over. While Steve asked about their job Aemon looked over at the woman, "Ma'am, perhaps we should put that little guy outside. So we don't keep bothering the other guest?" he asked her.

John Brown

John's face stayed passive as his appraisal skill told him quite a few things about the bird. His face didn't change when he found out exactly what she was as well. No criminal titles, so she hadn't done anything bad yet. He'd let her know he would be keeping an eye on her after the meal, but for now, he nodded to the barmaid. "If you have them seeds and grapes, but just grapes will do if you don't have the other. And a refill on my ale, if you don't mind." He flashed her a small smile before turning back to the rest of the group.

He glanced to the leaving gambler, happy that he wouldn't have to deal with that issue, before glancing at each and every one of the others, sizing them up as best he could with his investigation skill while his appraisal was still recharging. He wasn't the most confident with their odds, but hopefully Neramo himself would be ready for any complications. His eyes returned to the bird. He wasn't sure how they would fit into it, or if they would be any help at all, but with a monster in the city, there was one thing he was sure of.

She wouldn't be leaving his sight until she was out of the city.​

Stormbreaker
Stormbreaker was definitely lost in thought as she held the dogs in her arms. She then snapped back to reality as she looked down to the see the dog trying to get out of her grasp. She just sighed as she heard the gambler talk to her directly about the annoying, pesky dog. "I'll deal with this...yappy dog. I only picked it up to prevent it from attacking the bird anyhow."

The things I do to deal with animals. Was a thought that crossed her mind as she immediately took the dog outside and placing it down, only to slam the tavern door on the poor dog before it got back inside. She was not having any of it. It's not like I like dogs anyhow, I prefer cats. At least cats aren't like that.

"Right, so as I was saying, the bird is okay, right?" The draconic woman asked, as she looked over at the bird and then Neramo. "Anyway, what's going on here exactly...? Seems like some of group gathering over something? I was interested in this job I took recently, but I was unsure of the person who set it up, said something about being a bodyguard. You lot know nothing about that, do you?"

Stormbreaker glanced over at the barmaid. She's probably asking for people's orders. That works fine for me. "The biggest bowl of stew you have, some ale and some bread, will do. Thank you." She said, as she pulled a chair over to the table, as she continuing glaring at the bird directly. The dragon woman was interested in the bird...for now.

Mentions: Silent Angel Silent Angel Dante Verren Dante Verren NeramoDJI NeramoDJI Discusstu Discusstu Etymarchen Etymarchen VictoryatLast VictoryatLast

Iduna Isra

Iduna_Isra.jpg

The young woman had no problem continuing on, even with the evident distraction. That was simple enough to do, as Dulaman was essentially etched into her vocal cords.

She could continue for hours on end if she wanted to... even if that dog were to charge her... even if a glass of ale were to be tossed at her head... Ida wouldn't stop until the piece was completed.

It was her duty to do so, after all.

The young woman could continue, her voice fluttering robotically almost as a bird's would. However, the lovely tones were missing... something. It was that something that would draw eyes if one paid too close attention to the woman and her band- the lack of any powerful emotion contorting the face, minus when the note would ride high or low.

She sang without diversion from the original text, without a hint of ad lib- not one riff of some sort of crazy set of notes- simply... the song as it was.

As it should've been, in Ida's mind.

Last edited:
Neramo began to look around, sighing in relief when the dog was removed from the area of the group. He didn't like the noise, or the attention. Of course, he cared not if the crowd got rowdy, it would be easy enough to doll out justice, but it was better not to provoke them. A dogs barking was nowhere close to reason enough to break the law, however, he knew some didn't see it that way. He looked at the barmaid, shaking his head. "I am fine, I'll settle for what I have." He said, turning back to his table afterwards. He didn't really think there was much to do besides wait for now. And so that is what he would do. He glanced at Steven, shaking his head. "No. All I am aware of is that they will be criminals. Hired to stop me from dolling out punishment to a lawless lowlife." He said simply, turning to Stormbreaker upon her question. "You are in the right place then." He said, deciding to keep a wary eye on the dragon. He figured she'd had been at least told the mission if she were hired, but he wasn't going to outright accuse her of being an assassin. Not yet at least.

He was about to retort to the bird, but decided against it. Arguing with a bird was a poor waste of time for a lawman. Let alone if it was one as lacking in competence as one that could not fly in the first place.

The dog remained outside for a moment, before it could be seen over the little fence walking away, the little fluffball disappearing back the way it came towards the outskirts of town.

"Well, I can check for ya'll!" The barmaid said with a big smile on her face, walking back. "I'll bring that refill right out for you Mister, and your bread and ale will be right there ma'am, the stew will take a lil bit though." She called back, moving through the crowd as if she were a fish through water, having been practiced at moving through crowds like this. She disappeared into the back, leaving the group alone for the time being. "Barton! Get your big pot out! We got one heckuva order for stew here!" She called through the crowd, looking at the back counter as a massive man raised a thumb out the little window there before pulling it back in.

Within the tavern itself, there was a small group entering into the door, visible by the singer. They wore inconspicuous enough clothes, and sat down near the back of the tavern, whispering amongst themselves, one pointing towards the back and nodding towards the others, as one began to look that way, the others turning their gaze to the singer. They seemed to be rather interested in the song at least, with how pointedly they stared towards the singer and her band.

Last edited:

Iduna Isra

Iduna_Isra.jpg

With one final set of drum beats, and an especially flashy yet controlled finish by the singer, she stood silently for a few moments and laced her fingers before her, bowing to the crowd and finally opening her eyes.

Now, at last she paid attention to the people before her, glancing around at each one without a hint of change in expression, especially letting her eyes settle on the bird resting with a group of odd individuals... very oddly colored for a bird...

Was that an onion helmet...?

Besides that, her eyes turned to those pointing at her from the back of the inn. Ida had grown accustomed to the various attempts to gain her attention, despite her never truly responding.

She blinked at them, lifted her skirt, and did a more elaborate curtsy in their direction, hand out to them. Ida wore no shoes, she despised them.

After this, the girl would begin her descent down the stage's stairs, nodding to the musicians in silent thanks.

Aemon Clyde
Interaction: NeramoDJI NeramoDJI Shirokane Shirokane VictoryatLast VictoryatLast Silent Angel Silent Angel Etymarchen Etymarchen Discusstu Discusstu

Aemon leaned back in his chair and lightly tapped his boot in rhythm with the songstresses pleasant voice. He closed his eyes and enjoyed the fact that he no longer heard the annoyed yapping so close to him. The Bar maid's enthusiasm as she called out for the stew order was also rather entertaining. Over all it was a succesful start to a rather serious mission, even if that successful start was anything but actually serious.

When the song ended he stopped leaning backwards and looked at the group. "So what is the plan after yall eat. We obviously can't stay here the entire time? So where are we going next?" It was a legitimate question, whether or not they actually had a game plan seemed up in the air at this point.

< VII >

zwRHxxn.jpg

With the eventual shooing away of the unfortunate little yapping brawn of a furball, it seemed she would finally, finally be able to have her seeds in peace. Her seeds, with the extra side of some lovely fruits and lovely singing.

...Wait, wait, wait...was that all??

From her beak would dejected, confused squawks resound...her lack of having actually been able to enjoy much of the singer's beauteous singing made it quite difficult for her to be able to bring herself into full applaud. Instead, she found herself simply only at the feeling, the realization of disappointment...

"Sq...squaw...squawk...squawk...squawksquawk..."

Such would be the noises of a saddened, disappointed bird. A saddened, disappointed bird who would begin to squawk in mutters until--

"...Hmm, actually, why are all of you even gathered here anyway? By the implications of the conversation at hand, it seems you would all have some form of reason to be here..."

The bird was quite curious, after all. And it would be quite difficult, she felt, to attempt to address the other curious individual within range--that being the songstress. Especially with such a large crowd gathered about the area...she had a higher chance of being stepped on than to manage to get to the songstress...

Last edited:
Neramo stood up slowly, shaking his head at Aemon's question. "I'm afraid laying low here is the best option, when nightfall comes we're to move towards the courthouse." He explained, looking towards the gambling man. "If we were to move through the streets with a group as large as ours in daylight, we would attract the attention of every assassin and bounty hunter in this city. Waiting for nightfall is the best option to keep attacks at a minimum before the court date." He explained, running a hand through his hair.

As he was explaining, the barmaid came back towards the group, holding a large steaming pot on one shoulder, and a tray of bread, berries and nuts on her hand. "Alrighty, orders up!" She announced, placing the pot on a table nearby Stormbreaker, accompanied by bread and ale, before placing the tray on the table next to John and Seven, smiling. "Now, who'll be paying the tab?" She asked, raising an eyebrow at them, since the stew was a majority of the cost, but the nuts and berries weren't free either.

Neramo coughed a moment, turning his head away from the question, before answering Seven's instead. "We do have a reason to be here. However, even with how much you've already overheard, I don't think there's much need to explain the full premise to you. Should one of the others choose to do so is their decision." He said, turning back to his bread and idly making scratches in it by dragging his finger along the surface of the crust.

The group of men in the back of the inn glanced towards her, nodding back and beginning to clap, with one taking a second before getting punched by the tall thin one in the middle, who then began to cheer like the rest of the crowd. When she began to step away from the stage, they turned and began to speak with one another, trying to talk to one another through the noise of the crowd, occasionally gesturing to the table in different motions.

Last edited:
John Brown

The guard looked at Neramo, boredom in his eyes. "I'll pay for mine and the bird's tab, but if you think I'm paying for anyone else's grub, you've lost your mind." His hands reached down, picking up the bird and the food she was still eating. "I'll explain this. I want to talk a bit with her as well, so if you would be so kind." He tilted his head before looking at the group, making sure they understood that he did not wish to be followed and eavesdropped upon. He took the bird away, his eyes ahead, but keeping members of the group in the corner of it. He had a quick eye for one who looked so lazy, and his investigative skills let him pick up if any of them tried to sneak towards them or catch what he was saying.

"So, we're protecting the court lawyer because he's prosecuting a crime lord in the city. For the most part, that's what we're here for. Would have preferred if someone else was assigned from the guard, but I guess my superiors just hate me." His eyes looked down to the bird, still keeping the others in his range of vision. Soon he was sure he was out of earshot of not only them, but anyone else in the tavern, and he was making sure it stayed that way, as what he had to say was not for their ears. "However, we have other matters to deal with. Foremost among them being I am a city guard, and thus am employed by the guard to keep monsters out of the city. Now, I won't guess how you got in, as most of the guard wouldn't try and stop a bird from coming into the city. But, while I won't kick you out or try and kill you... I do still have a duty to protect the people here. So you will not be leaving my sight as long as you're in the city, do you understand?"

His eyes moved back to Neramo. "And even though I know, don't let anyone else find out. One of us probably will try to strangle you the moment he finds out what you are. And his fingers aren't exactly soft when touching flesh."

< VII >

zwRHxxn.jpg

Plucked away from the table, the bird with its still-open beak would find herself dissatisfied with the lack of crunch and sweet fulfilling her aching beak and craving stomach. Instead, it would be an earful, a cacophony of lecturing as she glared her eyes towards the Sir John Brown that was very, very figuratively plucking at her feathers.

Yes, yes. The policies at hand: do not reveal oneself to be a monster, do not attack anybody illegally, do not kill anybody illegally, and most definitely do not leave his sight illegally. Wandering upon his hand, the bird would hop inside of the bowl of nuts and berries...

And she would coo with agreement, munching, eating away at the feast before she would find herself at enough satisfaction and energy to respond more graciously.

“Why, of course, of course. I am no fool, Sir John Brown,” the bird responded back with a slight wink, for it was the only expression that allowed it possible for her to commit to any form of gestured implication. “You had so kindly, in spite of your expressed disapproval toward my unintended rudeness, offered unto me a free meal to satiate my ravening stomach. For what reason, I ask, should I refuse to heed to such a request?”

Having finished another berry, perhaps played with the seeds with her tiny little talons, the bird would, eventually, peek her both her little eyes back towards John Brown.

“You know what I am—you’ve made that very, very clear, Human.” Her head bobbed to the side for a moment. “But I assure you, who I am is, while foolish, not one incapable of reason nor thought—“

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back