• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.
Lin was very confused, and disturbed.

First, he had asked an innocent question, then some random person piggybacked off his observation in order to look impressive. Then, the object in question was revealed, causing some insane cultist wannabes to appear, stab, and devour someone. Then! A giant bug appeared and started rampaging, someone had grabbed Lin and that person who was trying to look impressive, bumped into another, pointed a gun at his face, and here we are!

Lin sighed, and took off his mask, storing it in his jacket, shaking out his blonde hair. "Look, I got lost and ended up down here, and then I sensed an abnormally large concentration of mana over where everyone was." Lin said with tired eyes, "I'm assuming that's that stone? I don't even know what that thing is, I've heard whispers of about it, but I don't know what it does or anything. I just wanted to know cause anything with that high of mana concentration? Bad news for sure."

Vasumir

download-6-jpeg.964128
The situation was escalating, and at what an atsonishing speed. It started, when he was assaulted as a response to his greetings. Oddly enough, it just... missed, no need to even dodge. Strange. He had gauged, that based on the initial form and movement of the attack, it should have hit him without active intervention. But it did not. Her initial form did not persist, it changed into something, more resembling of an animal franticly lashing out. Was that a sign of fear? Was his appearance that hideous? His thoughts were soon disturbed by a voice: "You two, get the fuck out of here!" Another response from the group, from a seemingly young man with what appeared were orange eyes. At least he didn't attack on first sight.. "Does this look safe to you!"

Vasumir couldn't respond. Not, because of the man's words. No. It was because of what happened behind the young man. What had unfolded before his eyes. Absolute madness. It was even greater madness, than anything else he had witnessed so far.

Hooded beings showed themselves, covered in blood. He felt it from their gaze, all these beings desired, was to destroy. These beings first victim was a man close by. Not long after the man had been grabbed, even more of these hooded beings appeared, all showing the same eagerness to kill. And murder, they did, even going far and beyond that. For they stabbed at their entrapped target, and stabbed, and stabbed. Flesh, intestines, blood, all was forced out by the assault. And once the beings had enough, once their target was beyond recognition, they went even further. They removed any remains of the man, not by carrying it away, no, by eating, whatever had been left. They devoured, what had been their target.

Vasumir however had no time to be shocked. Tremors. And then it appeared. A giant animal, it's legs several times greater than any of it's other body parts combined. An animal, resembling an overgrown bug. He had heard, that creatures commonly found in ones one world, were quite often far bigger here if they called this world their home as well. He had not expected for there to be such a huge discrepancy, to see such a gigantic bug. And soon after it's appearance, the bug showed that it was neither friendly nor that it's size was just for show. It impaled several of the hooded beings. It's enormous mass, caused the dust all around to be forced into the air, strongly impairing Vasumir's vision.

The young man pulled his arm. His and that of the young sir who he had met not long ago. The man's hands were corpse like, it felt, as if they held not a kindling of warmth in them. But while Vasumir was occupied with these thoughts, it suddenly came to a halt. "Fucking hell... great, three new people." The young man had run into another outsider, as it seemed.

In spite of that he seemed to quickly regain his composure, moving away from Vasumir and conjuring something in his hands. Something mechanic, unkown to Vasumir, what was htat? The man pointed with it, at him and the two other newcomers. So it was a weapon? "Don't you two, No, three fucking move. I will shoot you and make sure you don't walk out of this shitty city again." Shoot? So that thing was a wand? Vasumir could not continue his thoughts however, for they were interrupted by questions from the young man: "Who the fuck are you three, and what the hell are ya here for? It's that damn Seeing Stone everyone wants, isn't it?"

That was certainly a reaonable assumption to make. Vasumir would have to tread carefully, otherwise he just might come to experience what the wand of this young man was capable of. And that was at least in his current situation, not something Vasumir would have liked to.

"My apologize, first, let me introduce myself as Vasumir." He bowed once more. "Now to answer your question, I am not here for the Stone you spoke of, No. I only heard about it once I had entered this place myself. As for why I am truly here, I can only disclose to you, that my original purpose was to gather information. But as coincidence or fate dictated, I came to stumble upon your little group. Now you need not believe my words. What you however already may have rightfully concluded, is that I am at least in my current state, no threat to you whatsoever." Now it was all up to whether the man believed him. Or at least whether the man decided that a fight with him, would be a poor decision.

Jason Ithbecka
Matou.Kariya.full.996497.jpg

Vilpincer's:
p1redu2kjmx41.jpg

Crypticrawler's:
Ddu01iYUQAAxTMz

Caustic Spitters:
f57d084b7ce6fff87fa0efe4c5431cd4.jpg
In this chaos, in this panic, it was hard for Jason to distinguish emotions on a normal basis. However, there wasn't anything he didn't know about insects. He spent his entire life understanding them. So, when a jolt of pure misunderstanding, confusion and rage entered his head, he new immediately it was coming from an insect. He stopped, allowing his minions to continue distracting and fighting. His focus was now entirely on the inward self. What was this rage? He had never felt something like this. Especially coming from an insect. What was happening? It was different. Something about magic? He could sense the confusion. What was causing the confusion? He turned his head, stopping when he saw Long Legs, in pain and in a frenzy.

It hurt him. Seeing this magnificent creature in so much pain. Feeling the pain that this creature was going through. It broke his heart. He could tell enough that there was some sort of strange manna going on that he couldn't comprehend. He didn't have the skills to comprehend such things, so all he got was what he could feel through the the almost primal insect. He wanted to help, but what could he do. He couldn't track or tell what was causing such pain in this creature. Why was he so weak? Yet again, the insects had more control over their lives than he could. They were stronger than him.

He grit his teeth and turned away, angry and confused, sharing the pain of such a wonderful creature. It boiled his blood and made him so enraged. Lifting his head to watch as his insects scattered about and continued to fire down on the two dragon hunters. With a wave of his hand, the insects attack pattern changed. Taking on a much more aggressive Style. The faster Crypticrawlers skittered about in a frenzy, taking the opportunity to swipe at their legs when there was an opening, a sort of hit-and-run strategy. The Vilpincer's raised there tail, jumping back and forth as they snapped the pincer on their tail at the hunters. The Caustic Spitters limiting the hunters movements with near constant bombardment. Jason himself glared angrily at them. In his frustration, they would be taking the brunt of his fury.

Mechanics:
Jason gave express orders to each bug - Leadership F, Warfare E

Ordering the Vilpincer's to act as front distractions and attack, dodging what they can - Strength Grade E, Tail Weapon Pincer F, Speed Grade B

Ordering the Caustic Spitters to lay down more cover Fire - Caustic Spitters Attack: Precision C, Bioliquid Bullet Weapon D, Fighting Style Caustic Shot E, #1 tech Blight(Boiling), Grade F. #2 tech Accurate, Grade F.

Ordering to Crypticrawler's to run and attack - D Speed stat, 1 Claw Weapon F, 2 Claw Weapon F, E Strength stat, D Vitality stat, Fighting Style Relentless Stabbing F, #1 tech Penetrate Grade F.

Mentions/Interactions: D. Rex D. Rex slifer37 slifer37 EMIYAman EMIYAman Goran Glacial Goran Glacial Shatter Shard Shatter Shard Skyhunter Skyhunter RavenSong RavenSong

Last edited:
Baxtor Everfrost
Unknown_Gallery.png

Baxtor watched dumbfounded scratching his head, he totally expected to get his ass handed to him but unexpectedly they became bug chow. He shrugged then turned to Rowan before speaking "well I suppose we better hoof it before we become casualties." After he finished speaking he went towards the houses in his fastest pace yet, a bit of a jog run, making sure rowan would be able to keep up with him. Baxtor went through his pockets before pulling a bit of hard black bread biscuits and chewing on one as he ran. He looked around best he could to try to get his bearing while also sticking close to rowan not wanting to be singled out again.

Last edited:
A8E5E905-0140-46E3-8DF9-81C039E76914.jpeg

Scylla

As the witch went about the crowds concealed in shadow she’d stride through where the corpses were much more dense, as there was hardly any fighting in these areas. One of the half slain brigands would suddenly latch onto her boot.
Scylla barely flinched, as her amber orbs slowly turned to the ground to behold the gruesome sight before her.
“D-dont let me die! I don't want to die!” He’d gurgle with entrails pulsing on the cobbled street.
An empty expression came over Scyllas face.
“Should have thought of death before going to war.” A ghostly essence silently flowed again through her staff.
“P-please..”
“But, I'll take pity on you.” Finally splattering the criminal's face with wrathful necrotic force.
Scylla sighed and looked ahead, as she kicked away the corpse's hands enveloped about her feet. It was quite the scene, as she inspected those involved in the blood shed, there appeared to be many varieties of groups after someone, or something. A woman was seemingly surrounded by pleading faces. The dark mage would start once again silently as the war raged on, finally stopping when the white clothed woman revealed something in her possession.

Scylla would feel a sudden pull, the mana in her body seemed to resonate with the black orb. It wasn't a feeling she was used to, but she assumed it was this powerful item, perhaps it was a weapon. Considering this orb had many suitors after it, she deemed it a fool's errand to claim it for herself. A wise thought equally matched by ambition, as she imagined what could be should this item be hers. If it was indeed a weapon.

It was then that the giant creature in the distance began to tunnel beneath the Underbelly, sending disorienting tremors through the ground as it split through the dense bed rock of the Underbelly. A few damaged buildings collapsed in its wake as people screamed to their inevitable doom onto the cobbled street. Some would lose their footing while Scylla managed to keep her posture by leaning on her staff. It was as if the gigantic insect was crazed by the orb. The creature then had all but exploded onto the surface preceding the white robed woman and the man next to her sending volumes of dust and debris into the air.

Scylla began to cough, as the plume enveloped everything in its path, covering her face with the bottom of her cloak. The witch muttered a spell as she began to retreat catching glimpses of impaled bodies flying through the air. A horrid sight which Scylla seemed to not be very surprised about. After all, it was the scummy Underbelly, and death was common along with its varied methods. It was difficult to see through the dense dust, as the witch did her best to cover her face. Finally determined to make an escape, she started towards the nearest alleyway but her course was quickly interrupted as someone unknown crashed into her. She let out a squeal before staggering and regaining her posture. She’d scowl at the man.
“ Who the hell do you think you are?!” An instinctual, and catty remark as a result of the sudden shove. Almost even tempted to shove him back, but before she could consider it, Scylla realized she was with two others, she’d turn to look at them then back at the amber eyed man, who piqued her interest as his arm glowed with a ghostly hue, before suddenly finding herself staring down the barrel of a gun. She hadn't noticed but the hood of her cloak had fallen back, exposing her silky silver hair to the environment. She resisted any thoughts of intimidation. “I just so happened to stumble upon this mess.” She’d cross her arms and look at him dead in the eyes. “Seeing stone? Is that what this is all about?” She said as she twirled her index finger referring to all the fighting and death. “You outlaws could fight over just about anything.” She wanted to seem uninterested, considering he came off as very stressed and on edge. Noticing the many bullet holes in the corpses before, she assumed it was probably him.

(Control Environment F)

mentions:

Skyhunter Skyhunter Coffeepot Giraffe Coffeepot Giraffe Laszalet Laszalet

Last edited:
Being that close to the hunters enabled Rowan to hear what was going on- that he was being harassed by idiots who were spouting nonsense. With Jason's help, she was exceptionally pleased to be able to help Baxtor, to ward off these idiots mentioning something about a "Dictate of Scales." Sounded to her like some cult crap. She was able to save Baxtor, no matter how weirdly stuffy and surprisingly uncaring he was about the whole situation.

It wasn't that hard to notice the fact that Jason was getting angry at...something. Something she had to address, to keep the unity of the group intact. An angry person didn't think straight, and Jason looked like he was becoming enraged. She wasn't about to have him turn against them so soon. "Hey, I don't know what's wrong, but whatever's pissing you off, we can help with that when we're in a safer spot. Come on." Rowan said to Jason with kindness in her voice, not entirely sure why he was getting upset. Something had caused it, but this wasn't the time to address feelings. This was a time for action, and for getting back to the group. Strength in numbers was important in a free-for-all like this. She couldn't help but sigh at the sight of the noble dragon jogging and eating as if they had time for this. He really had to pick and choose the times he took things seriously, as if he wasn't paying attention, he would be squashed. He really seemed to not care what was going on, that his life was in danger as much as theirs was, that if Jason and her hadn't been there, he could have been killed. She really wasn't sure what was up with the nobility, if that was the case.

At least she had accomplished her mission, saving Baxtor, and now it was time to bring Jason and Baxtor back to Arthur and the Stone. She kept herself in between Jason and Baxtor, jogging along with them so her shields could be kept up for the three of them.
She would use her barrier (Magic Barrier F, Multiple Post Cooldown) to bat aside people, a basic barrier to remove some obstacles in the way as they took the long way around. When her shields eventually gave out, she would cast (Mage Armour E, 0 Post Cooldown), to keep their armor up for as long as possible. Jason would hopefully provide cover for them to get through safely with his gun bugs.

The trio hugged the sides of the houses, trying to avoid the GIANT ASS BUG that could squash them dead, even with her shields up, which could protect them within reason. Rowan's goal was to take the long way around to get to the duo, as he had been receptive to the idea of giving them the stone. Then, the stone would be delivered to Arthur. But first, they had to catch up to Rudy. From this distance, it wasn't hard to see that more assholes had shown up out of nowhere- people wanting this goddamn stone. She would desperately want to destroy the stone- if she didn't have money and an Academy potential acceptance on the line while also not knowing the full consequence of what the stone's absence would do.

Skyhunter Skyhunter Goran Glacial Goran Glacial D. Rex D. Rex Eccentric_Undead Eccentric_Undead

More and more people lining up to stick their noses in where it wasn't wanted. This had to be amongst the most ridiculous days he ever had. With everybody and their mother butting in. But thankfully it was made all the better when he felt the cool weight of the orb in his hand. His fingers wrapped around it as Clover pulled her trembling hands away.

This... everyone was after this. He did not know if it was his imagination or not, if it was from this stone or not... but he could practically feel it vibrating his very being. Now, Rudolph had no idea what mana was. Or what it felt like. Or looked like. But while holding this thing... and someone told them this was a powerful object, which they had, then he would believe them. Everything felt heavy around him. How could you explain that you could feel something imperceptible? That was impossible. But what was impossible at this point?

He let out a breath he didn't even know he had been holding. He had it...no more running around now. No more convincing. He could negotiate a way out of this and get him and Clover out of this mess. "Alright... now, let's get ou-"

Then he saw the man. And everything seemed to stop as the cold edge of a dagger was pressed up against his neck. How? How did he get so close? Arthur had been there. Trigger happy Arthur who would shoot a mouse if it got too close. How did this man just appear? And others too... more of them. Maybe something like what Clover could do... why was he even thinking about it? How wouldn't change the fact that he was about to get his throat slit wide open. And just like that, he felt the edge move away and the dark man's body move away.

It had long since passed when Rudolph had thought to himself it couldn't get any worse. Even now. Even all that was going on, he was sure as shit that it would get worse. Even if he was having his throat slit, he was sure something would somehow make it worse. So when he was freed, he could only ponder in that fraction of a second "now what?".

The cynicism was validated, as no sooner did he take a half a step away from the man, did the ground nearby erupt. The gargantuan bug with its murderous legs. Legs that rained down like spikes to impale those mysterious figures around him. How he managed to avoid them was beyond him. In this moment his mind didn't care how. All his brain called for was frantic scrambling away from this thing. He had just enough time to pull Clover to her feet before their location was compromised by a giant spike of a chitinous death.

In moments, they were fleeing for their lives with the robed and nakey men in hot pursuit. Somehow having fallen in step with the eye-patched fellow. Well fuck this. Clover was already being Clover and Dayle was apparently being Dayle. "Quit your bitchin and run!" He called. But he wasn't wrong. He knew Clover had long sense been running. He had no doubt that she would collapse soon if this kept up. Even he couldn't keep up indefinitely. Especially if he ended up having to carry her because of it.

"Clover! Stay with us! I can't keep you alive if you run off and keel over in the arms of them bastards!" He called to her. He was sure he could keep up with her. But this dude with them, well he could swing a weapon, so a good a person to keep with as any.

Now all that was left was this.stupid stone... everywhere they turned these folk were finding them. And it had to be this stone. Everything was Homing in on this stupid stone. It had to be. He tried shoving it in his pocket. But he didn't think that would help much. "Clover! The bag! Give me the bag! We can hide it again!" That had worked before right? So maybe it would work again. The sooner he could get the bag from her the sooner he could shove it in there. Maybe that will keep them from following as easily.

Skyhunter Skyhunter Shatter Shard Shatter Shard

1647403884361.png

Through the actions of both Dayle and Rudy telling the white clothes thief, Clover, to slow down due to her exhaustion, the thief listened either out of exhaustion or trust. Most likely exhaustion. Her eyes looked to both Rudy and Dayle, tired eyes. Her legs looked like they were going to buckle with how shaky they were, but she complied. Clover took a deep breath and stood up straight, twirling her kunai and chain. She saw more hooded figures coming their way along with their half naked berserkers, they were chasing after the group, most likely wanting that Stone they held. " Gods damn it. " Clover mumbled as she stepped forward, ready to help fight them off, holding the chain with both hands and pulled her hand along the chain, ice forming where her hand stroked over, mist gliding off the newly formed icicles.

1647407659838.png

But as Clover was getting ready when Rudy told the thief to hand him the bag, Clover looked over at her confused for a moment thanks to her exhaustion but realized what he was trying to do. Clover let her weapon go for it to hang from one hand as she pulled her bag off her person and tossed it over to Rudy for him to catch then walked over to Dayle and his people to help. But soon realizing that there was more than cultists coming than there was that they had, which was five. Clover witnessed Dayle slice down a cult member with his bladed chains, the chains razor their way across the bloodthirsty man's chest, face and neck. Cutting deep.

Blood gushed out of his wounds, immediately creating a pool of blood, one of his eyes fell onto the ground staring up at Dayle as the body fell on top of said eye. Dayle would turn to see Clover having come back but she had stopped in her place, " There's too many, we need to get to a place with better defenses or just need to escape them in general. " Clover explained.

1647407674042.png

A cult member attacked Zeke, slamming two rusty and broken daggers into the shield, laughing manically, without a tongue to use so it was only gargling as wide and crazed eyes stared at Zeke. The cultist kept slamming knives into said shield as the shield was getting pulled down with each slam. With more coming behind the attacking berserker, they had only so much time.

Rudy was able to get the artifact into the bag, within moments of closing the bag, the influx of mana stopped or at least calmed down. Mana would barely be felt now upon it being covered with this strange bag that felt like a box with straps. But no time to think about that, they had cultists to worry about, behind Rudy he would see a market place alley for them to head down, it was their only choice unless they wanted to fight the incoming cultists that had the numbers and definitely the cruelty.

bazaar or something.jpg

Within this marketplace, it would be worst looking than the last one they were running through earlier when Rudy had picked up Clover and slung her over his shoulder. There was still panicking people and civilians fighting each other over idiotic stuff or specific reasons equally as stupid with what is going on. Each kiosk was rundown and pathetic looking, it was a miracle that they stood up. This would be a good way to get away, hopefully.

---

1647407640253.png

Jason would feel what Long Legs was feeling, thanks to his close relation to bugs. Long Legs would be able to pull Jason into her mind, he would be blind thanks to the amount of powerful mana in the air, Jason would share her feelings of rage, confusion and terror. Rage for how much mana was being produced into the air, thanks to her sensitivity to mana. Her confusion of what was causing this much mana to be produced and where it was coming from, Jason would see from her perspective for a moment that she was blinded by it, not being able to move or see clearly, her only option was to attack where she thought it was coming from. Terror from not being to tell what was what and if she was being attacked, any lone animal, especially the last of their race, would think they were being attacked.

What felt like years within a moment would throw Jason back into his own body, these emotions filling his body as well for a moment before they would wear off thanks to now being in his own body, but her sensitivity was worst than other being's were. Almost hyper sensitive. Then, she would begin to calm down, the mass influx of mana was diminishing thanks to another source covering whatever was causing this or it disappearing. Jason would feel Long Legs begin to calm down but still on the attack, the mana was still in the air but she would be okay in time, she needed her space and it was probably best to leave while they still could.

Jason's bugs attacked the down Dragon Hunters from this so called Dictate of Scales, having Jason's anger in them, his minions would attack and continue to attack the Hunters, sounds of pain and screaming came from the two, blood, bone, gore and skin were all over the ground now. But a strange light would envelope the two then they, their insides, blood and gore would all begin to disappear then they dissipated into mist and ash.

A decoy! Rowan would know this magic well from her experience as a mercenary, a basic spell in illusionary so that spell that swordsman casted was a spell to either get information on their enemies or to deceive them and make a retreat upon seeing their numbers to gain another vantage point. Either way, these two were still alive, and now on the Hunt. By the look of the spell, these dragon hunters weren't just Hunters but mercs like her if they used that type of spell. It would be basic but at the same time a bit more advanced since the spell was able to create two decoys while the real two got away.

1647408641683.png

Making their way through the abandoned homes and neighborhoods, they would quietly hearing fighting in the distance, screaming that was faint and others that were close by. It seemed the warring has spread here too. The group of three plus bugs would down a few abandoned homes a smaller cloaked figure running through a wore down door.

Colliding with the door, falling onto the ground with the door. The figure quickly got up and continued racing, seeing the group of three plus bugs, she ran towards Baxtor, Rowan and Jason. The doorway where she thrashed through had a couple of figures run out of it and after the cloaked figure. " Hurry! Grab her! " One yelled at the other. Both of them wore black leather armor, they were mean looking as well as gross looking.

A evil look in their eyes. Just as the cloaked figure raised a hand, through a alleyway, a third ran into her, grabbing the figure and slamming them on the ground, the figures hood fell revealing them to be a young female, barely the age of 16 by the looks of her. " No! No! Get off me! Let me go! " She screamed and failed as the man got on top of her and pinned her. The other two catching up.

" Nice job, Geste! Let's take the bitch somewhere more private now. " The two came up smiling, the young girl was darker tone of skin, hair to her shoulders with green eyes. She struggled against her captors, looking to the group, she tried reaching for them, " Help me! Please! " she cried desperately, fear and defiance in her eyes. The group would have to wary of the Dragon Hunters here too. While this may not have been a trap, it didn't mean they wouldn't use sneaky tactics.

A fourth and fifth came out of the same house the girl broke through, " Oi, you got her? Nice job, boys. " The fourth called as he came walking over, laughing. This place was twisted.

---

1647485239068.png

Arthur sighed deeply as they stood in a alleyway away from the impending chaos, staring at these now three interlopers, each having their own quirk, which seemed to be a running theme at this point. His cold amber eyes landed on this so-called Lin, who have revealed his face and even shook his hair out, which to Arthur seemed kind of douchy, then again, Arthur didn't much like people and saw most as problematic. But to Arthur, what seemed most peculiar to the former-hitman was that he said that he felt the large concentration of mana, which could only be that artifact that was stolen, he was hoping Rowan was able to obtain it or even able to get close to it. " Sure. As you say. " Arthur scoffed.

1647485184025.png

But he wasn't able to see where she went when that large bug went on a rampage from the orb being revealed, which to Arthur now seemed strange, he was beginning to connect dots on that but he shook it off. There was bigger things at the moment, this Lin was most likely sensitive to mana to a certain extent, maybe he could be a fine addition to the Academy. Then he spoke of it possibly being the stone which Arthur just thought of, so it most likely was that answer. Besides, if Arthur is to take Lin's word of him hearing talks of it and just getting lost, that would be one hell of a coincidence. But it could true. By this time, Lin would feel the mana he originally felt now begin to disperse and grow weak, as if something was keeping it away or it had a cover over it to prevent the mana from spilling into the air.

Now onto this Vasumir, a albino looking man, seemed to be a very regal and proper man compared to Arthur, who wasn't. This honestly surprised Arthur, considering where they were located at, the Underbelly, So Vasumir didn't really fit down here where it was evil and degenerate. Although he spoke of gathering information for his reasons and his reasons alone, Arthur did narrow his eyes at this and pointed his gun at him a lot closer. Again, hallucinations of faces he knew appeared in his vision, Arthur took a deep breath and lowered his gun just barely, showing he wasn't going to shoot him, but didn't mean Arthur wasn't suspicious. " Explaining yourself and not telling me anything would earn yourself a bullet in your leg or between your eyes. " Arthur spoke coldly, " On that note, you don't belong here, especially with that speech of yours. Noble-like or proper if you would. "

Moving onto this rather attractive woman, which earned a look up and down from Arthur before he then focused on her, not taking his eyes off Scylla's. First impression Arthur got from Scylla was snarky, especially with her very independent attitude. Arthur even noticed she almost stepped forward to do something but she didn't, she was smart, that would have earned her a bullet in her gut. She may be eye candy but that didn't mean that Arthur wasn't above shooting someone that would attempt harm on him, didn't matter if it was a attack or a push, Arthur wouldn't have known which it would be. But enough of that, Scylla explained that she happened to stumbled into this mess, which Arthur had doubts about, the next thing she would say gave Arthur suspicions too. Again, in Arthur's visions, more faces of his list of victims appeared, hearing their whispers of last words to Arthur managed to push Arthur away from violence.

He sighed and fully let his gun down, letting the firearm go, upon doing that it dissipated into thin air like a ghost would, his eyes stared at each of them with his cold eyes. " Alright. I choose to believe you three. " Arthur didn't want to but something was telling Arthur that these three weren't as bad as he was thinking they were, as suspicious as he was. He could offer these three a deal to ensure they wouldn't betray him, by Arthur's way of thinking and how he taught growing up, if you can offer a man a deal too good to be true and they accept it, they'll stay loyal, as long as you can top the next bigger deal.

" And to ensure you I will not harm you, I offer you three a deal then. In return you will not harm me, but help me instead. " Arthur wouldn't betray them as he was in a pretty terrible situation, especially with Arthur now being separated from Rowan, the only person he could trust... And Baxtor, who Arthur didn't like thanks to his snobby nature. " It occurs to me that one of you are sensitive to mana, another one of you looks like a witch and you just scream magic capable. " Arthur pointed at Vasumir with his ghastly appendage. " Help me recover that stone and I can ensure you a spot within the Ryken Academy. " Arthur offered, the Ryken Academy was a pretty high leveled magic school where they allow most magics. Even some dark arts, which is why Arthur is able to use his ghostly abilities.

Of course before the three could answer Arthur's offer, there was running just behind Arthur, who quickly turned around to see a bloody group of exhausted fighters. Weapons covered in blood and covered in wounds themselves, breathing heavily as they were retreating from battle, fire was beginning to rise over the buildings they were in and now lit up the dark alleyway they were in. Which gained the attention of these bandits. " Oi. We got more of them. " There was about six bandits here, each of them at a different level of exhausted, they each had a scared look in their eye, most likely they were still in a fight or flight mode and saw the four as enemies. Arthur sighed. " Great. Think about my offer, or run off away from these fools. I'll know who isn't interested in my proposal. "

1647486450206.png

The six bandits got ready and made a line against the four of them, with Arthur in front of the other three, his ghostly arm glowing slightly with strange wisps moving off it, emitting a cold aura. Each of these bandits had a different weapon, a couple had shortswords and shields, another had a greataxe, one held a spear and buckler, the fifth had a whip with nails through it and the final bandit held a assortment of kunai in his hands attached to strings. The good thing was these six looked tired and wounded. It could end badly for the four if they didn't think about this or tried to help each other.

Interactions: Shatter Shard Shatter Shard D. Rex D. Rex slifer37 slifer37 Goran Glacial Goran Glacial Eccentric_Undead Eccentric_Undead RavenSong RavenSong Laszalet Laszalet Coffeepot Giraffe Coffeepot Giraffe

Last edited:
85DAE7A0-4FF4-4A85-89F6-1CE0A9453022.jpeg

Scylla

As Arthur interrogated the other two, Scylla became a bit uneasy at the sounds that erupted about their surroundings. People were jumping to their fates from burning buildings, and splattered gore among many other things were seen at the end of the alleyway. She was tempted to run, her amber eyes betraying her uneasiness as she scanned the other two as Arthur spoke. She had only caught their names, but had tuned out the formalities as she took in the violent atmosphere. Her attention then turned as she tilted her head slightly with intrigue at the mana sensitive one, the other seemed to speak colorfully but she wondered how capable he was in this hostile environment. War seemed to spur into motion many things, including unlikely individuals into such orcs' pit of places. Arthur’s gaze finally reached her, she shook her head disapprovingly as he seemed to gawk at her for a moment and scoffed in annoyance.

"What?" she snapped.

Arthur's eyes seemed to burn through Scylla, his gaze carrying the weight of a killer, but she stood firmly with her arms crossed, unshaken as her weight shifted to the side. The witch quickly found herself in a stare down of sorts but quickly noticed a peculiar detail as apparitions around the silhouette of the witch's figure reflected in Arthurs irises and pupils. They seemed to have signaled something within him that forced him to break his gaze. Scylla was intrigued, exhibited by her expression as it softened from menacing to a bit more on the curious side.

At Arthurs mention of Scylla as magic capable she nodded slowly, then upon hearing his offer she almost refused outright. She was not keenly fond of taking risks, much less hired or struck deals for such things. Yet, considering her plans were spoiled by the conflict with the lock wizard only moments before and was probably dead by now the witch quietly evaluated her position.

Upon hearing Arthurs proposal to the fancy looking human Vasumir, Scylla would look past the mana mage towards him.
“Brilliant..” She said sarcastically as she leaned on her staff. “..risk your life and if you live, you get to spend it in prison.” Scylla’s ghostly chuckle would quickly cease as her attention was brought upwards. The fires had caught up to their location as hints of the thick billowing smoke reached her pale nose. Then upon hearing the voices clamoring into position her gaze shot towards the end of the alley. She seemed to ease into the idea of helping Arthur, but not because of the academy - although the idea of furthering her magical prowess was definitely on her mind. At this moment her goals were oriented around the story behind the stone, recalling the pull she felt when it was revealed had distrubed her. If it was within her means she’d at least try to make sure that it remained in safe hands, at the very least.

As the six ruffians approached the party, Scylla would step away from the others steering towards Arthurs left side behind him. The shadowy staff in her hands began to wisp of hazy white and black cloudlike streams, concentrating them into her free open hand. She would mutter an incantation as the concentrated magic enveloped her as pitch black shadows spun above her, magical wind blowing through her silvery white hair . Taking aim, she’d fire the necrotic forces towards the foremost ruffian and the one nearest to herself dousing them in shadowy acid.

(Twin Shadows - Magic Affinity E - Witchcraft Affinity F - Magic Range F - Multiple Targets F) E grade- 1 post cool down

Skyhunter Skyhunter Coffeepot Giraffe Coffeepot Giraffe Laszalet Laszalet

Last edited:
Jason Ithbecka

Vilpincer's:
p1redu2kjmx41.jpg

Crypticrawler's:
Ddu01iYUQAAxTMz

Caustic Spitters:
Interestingly enough, Jason wasn't exactly perturbed by the amount of rage and confusion that he felt being pulled into long legs mind. Rather, as he returned to his body, he looked up at the massive and powerful creature and felt a sense of kinship. His eyes softened a little bit. It wasn't right what was happening to it. Rage and confusion still flooded his mind as he watched her. He didn't seem to notice the situation with the dragon hunters. No, his rage fueled the attack. Once they disappeared, so to did his drive to kill them. Now he and his insects stood, stewing in fury and confusion.

Something snapped him out of his daze. No..... someone. His head turned and landed upon a young girl, but she wasn't what caught his attention. No, it was her screaming that drew it, but it was the men that caught his gaze. He grit his teeth. Already angry and loathing the world, now the true face of humanity showed it's horrible head. The half scarred face of the insect man scowled. His anger seeming to stir the massive insects around them. His hive and colony. These men were disgusting. A blight on the earth. They should become sustenance for the collective. They did not deserve mercy. Luckily, insects knew nothing of mercy.

He knew he needed to keep an eye out for any more of those Hunters. With a single motion of his hand, the caustic spitters took strategic points around him. His hand reached out "Rip off their filthy manhood's. Feed on their flesh. Leave the girl unharmed." Without hesitation and filled with unbridled rage, the Crypticrawlers and Vilpincer's dashed towards the group of men, ignoring the girl completely and each choosing a target. The group of ten bugs leaped and started their vicious assault. Crypticrawler's stabbing and Vilpincer's attempting to remove family jewels. Vicious and brutal as Jason stood and watched with a smirk of satisfaction on his face.

Mechanics:
Jason ordered the insects to do specific actions - Leadership F, Warfare E

Crypticrawler's Attack:
Strength Stat E, 1 Claw Weapon F, 2 Claw Weapon F, Fighting Style Relentless Stabbing F, #1 tech Penetrate Grade F.

Vilpincer's Attack:
Strength E, Tail Weapon Pincer F
Mentions/Interactions: D. Rex D. Rex slifer37 slifer37 EMIYAman EMIYAman Goran Glacial Goran Glacial Shatter Shard Shatter Shard Skyhunter Skyhunter RavenSong RavenSong

Baxtor Everfrost
Unknown_Gallery.png
As baxtor jogged he thought alot about his strength and the fact that dragonhunters came out of nowhere, Dragonhunters it seemed were a recurring faction in every world it seemed. When baxtor noticed the evil taking place he was furious, he hated rapists and women abusers most of all. but after his previous experience with the dragonhunters he was hesitant to attack on his own. but where hesitated and gritted his teeth jason had already moved, not one to be out done baxtor grabbed his short sword and immediately targeted the closet bandit to lessen the burden. "Let the frost punish you Glacial stab!!" baxtor plunged toward the bandit nearest to him.

- Glacial Stab - Fighting style - blight(frost)core - Grade-F 0 post cooldown

Rowan cursed as she recognized that this was a goddamn illusion- which meant these bunch were mercenaries as well. "Baxtor, those Dragon Hunters are mercenaries who have the ability to cast reasonably powerful illusion spells. Someone may have paid them to murder you. They wouldn't just be on your trail without a reason. I would ask around to see who has it out for you, when this is done." Rowan informed Baxtor as they ran, not about to keep information like that to herself.

Jason's fiery rage and Baxtor's wrath would be a contrast to Rowan's cold fury at the sight of what would happen before them, if they didn't react in time. Any life in her expression- the easygoing nature, the calmness shut down, leaving a blank expression on her face devoid of anything. These bunch wouldn't live to see the next few minutes, never mind living to see tomorrow.

Usually when using her suffocation technique she felt uncomfortable, but those feelings left the building the moment she had realized what those men had been about to do to the young girl. Before she could suffocate with unholy vengeance, a thought came to her. She had to get the girl out of there first. She could deal with the scum after that. While Jason and Baxtor attacked, she would hang back- to get the girl out safely, while also watching their backs, as those Hunters would most likely continue to be an annoyance. If the Dragon Hunters or the men were to come at them or break through Baxtor and Jason's attacks, she would react harshly.

"Hurry! Now is the time to run! GO!" Rowan hollered the girl the moment the men were distracted with the reality of the loss of their gonads- and most likely their lives. She desperately wanted to see the bunch claw at their faces, fear shining through their eyes, but someone had to be lookout, to make sure the girl got away. The fact that the three men on top of her weren't too concerned with girl as much gave Rowan the opportunity to use her magic. She cast her shields (Mage Armour-E- 0 post Cooldown), keeping the shields up on Jason, Baxtor, herself, and more importantly, the girl.

She got close to the girl, pointing to the rusted chain-link fence that blocked off the abandoned houses in the area from the rest of the Underbelly- seven to eight feet tall, but still surprisingly massive IT would be difficult to climb quickly- but Rowan had a way of making that easier than usual. "I'll give you a boost up. Start climbing, and don't stop running until you're sure you're safe." Rowan whispered to the girl, before waving her hands, casting magic towards the fence. About ten feet away, there were two platforms (Basic Stairs- F- Multiple Post Cooldown) - the first three feet from the ground, the second three feet above the first platform. IF the girl were to choose to climb the platforms, she would hopefully be able to scale the fence with ease- she could climb down once she reached the other side and disappear into the night- hopefully to somewhere safer than here. Rowan would keep eyes on the girl until she disappeared from view- her attention soon split on the disgusting low-lifes and the area around them- in case they got ambushed.

Skyhunter Skyhunter Eccentric_Undead Eccentric_Undead Goran Glacial Goran Glacial

View attachment 967183

Through the actions of both Dayle and Rudy telling the white clothes thief, Clover, to slow down due to her exhaustion, the thief listened either out of exhaustion or trust. Most likely exhaustion. Her eyes looked to both Rudy and Dayle, tired eyes. Her legs looked like they were going to buckle with how shaky they were, but she complied. Clover took a deep breath and stood up straight, twirling her kunai and chain. She saw more hooded figures coming their way along with their half naked berserkers, they were chasing after the group, most likely wanting that Stone they held. " Gods damn it. " Clover mumbled as she stepped forward, ready to help fight them off, holding the chain with both hands and pulled her hand along the chain, ice forming where her hand stroked over, mist gliding off the newly formed icicles.

View attachment 967212

But as Clover was getting ready when Rudy told the thief to hand him the bag, Clover looked over at her confused for a moment thanks to her exhaustion but realized what he was trying to do. Clover let her weapon go for it to hang from one hand as she pulled her bag off her person and tossed it over to Rudy for him to catch then walked over to Dayle and his people to help. But soon realizing that there was more than cultists coming than there was that they had, which was five. Clover witnessed Dayle slice down a cult member with his bladed chains, the chains razor their way across the bloodthirsty man's chest, face and neck. Cutting deep.

Blood gushed out of his wounds, immediately creating a pool of blood, one of his eyes fell onto the ground staring up at Dayle as the body fell on top of said eye. Dayle would turn to see Clover having come back but she had stopped in her place, " There's too many, we need to get to a place with better defenses or just need to escape them in general. " Clover explained.

View attachment 967213

A cult member attacked Zeke, slamming two rusty and broken daggers into the shield, laughing manically, without a tongue to use so it was only gargling as wide and crazed eyes stared at Zeke. The cultist kept slamming knives into said shield as the shield was getting pulled down with each slam. With more coming behind the attacking berserker, they had only so much time.

Rudy was able to get the artifact into the bag, within moments of closing the bag, the influx of mana stopped or at least calmed down. Mana would barely be felt now upon it being covered with this strange bag that felt like a box with straps. But no time to think about that, they had cultists to worry about, behind Rudy he would see a market place alley for them to head down, it was their only choice unless they wanted to fight the incoming cultists that had the numbers and definitely the cruelty.

View attachment 967203

Within this marketplace, it would be worst looking than the last one they were running through earlier when Rudy had picked up Clover and slung her over his shoulder. There was still panicking people and civilians fighting each other over idiotic stuff or specific reasons equally as stupid with what is going on. Each kiosk was rundown and pathetic looking, it was a miracle that they stood up. This would be a good way to get away, hopefully.

---

Interactions: Shatter Shard Shatter Shard D. Rex D. Rex slifer37 slifer37 Goran Glacial Goran Glacial Eccentric_Undead Eccentric_Undead RavenSong RavenSong Laszalet Laszalet Coffeepot Giraffe Coffeepot Giraffe

Though Rudolph could have run much faster, instead he slowed his pace down to match Clovers. It went beyond that they stood a better chance together. And yes that included Dayle and his cohorts. He wasnt about to leave her behind. With or without the stone. Not in this place. It was something he set his mind to. How he kept finding himself in the need to take care of people, he had no idea. Clearly a bad and unhealthy habit.

It wasn't hard to see her desperation. That she was on her last leg, giving what she had now just stay alive. All the more reason he would need to stay close...

Thankfully she didn't argue when it came to handing over the bag. As soon as the pouch changed hands, and while the Clover and Dayle dealt with the approaching lunatics, Rudy plunged that stupid orb into the bag and immediately that... feeling... went away. He tied that fucker up as tightly as he could manage and shoved it into his hoodies pocket.

Now he had to think of a way out. Turning around he saw the marketplace. Now that brought back some unwelcome memories of how he got into this mess, and he wasn't even sure if it was the same or different market. Though the atmosphere of the place was spot on. Complete chaos and hellish obstacle to wade through. Yet it seemed the best way to lose these cultist.

Turning back around, he noticed the predicament that Zeke was in at trying to keep the cultist. Well fuck... he couldn't just focus on helping only Clover now. Dayles goons were in the same boat, like it or not. And that meant needing to help protect them too. Fuck, indeed.

Drawing back the sword he held, Rudolph charged forward and thrust that crappy sword he had been using. Using his full strength to try and shove it into the chest of the dagger wielding cultist harrowing Zeke. Knowing full well that the sword wouldn't survive the strike.

"You!" He said to Zeke, "I'm gonna need that shield. Gonna plow us a way through that market."

That wasn't much of a plan... but given the anarchy of the market, bulldozing a way through was probably about a good idea there was. Maybe it would start a riot? If the place wasn't already rioting... hard to tell, really.

"And you!" He pointed to Clover. God she looked so tired... "Stay close behind me. If you're too tired, ill haul you on my back. You could guide me through the crowd. If gangster here can fight off the crazies while I push us forward. We can't afford to get split up."

Would he get the shield? Yes or no, it wouldn't matter... if he did, he would raise up and charge into the market. Using it to help push aside whom he needed to.

If not? If not then he would just have to go charge forward as is, and maybe find something useful once inside.

Mechanical Summary

Attacking cultist that is attacking Zeke.

Strength B. Sword F.

Using full value of Str+Sword(B+F) to strike. At the cost of destroying the sword in the process.

Skyhunter Skyhunter Shatter Shard Shatter Shard

Dayle Keller
"Red Star's Bastard Dog"

Strength
Precision
Intelligence
Vitality
Speed

[ D ]
[ F ]
[ E ]
[ E ]
[ E ]

E

Active Titles:
Human | Thug

-Ryke-
Underbelly of Ryken, Marketplace

Code by: Shatter Shard

The Underbelly

"Ah fuck!" Yelled Zeke as he tried his damnedest to hold unto the shield for dear life. He was about to crumble, but he felt pressure lift away from him as Rudy took care of the lunatic. Using that time when the lunatic was most distracted, one of Dayle's men threw a haymaker at them, intending to concuss him if ever the bastard survives somehow. And if that wasn't enough, Dayle would be right next to them to deliver a strike from his chains. The others took position near each other, protecting each other's flanks as they look on ahead on the oncoming cultists. "You got—huff—my thanks!" Zeke said, the earlier attack taking out a fair bit of air from him. "This shit's getting real ugly!" Dayle declared, eliciting nods from his men.

Dayle's temple was covered in sweat as he assessed his situation. It wasn't looking good. He searched for a way out, and he found the same thing as the other guy, a marketplace. His thoughts were already jogging when the other guy made a suggestion. He thought about it, but with the options they had in hand, the only way was forward. Although the guy looked a bit weak, he was anything but that. He saw the guy come out of a chaotic battle with a wound on his head, and it barely did anything to him. He was either tough as balls, or his fortitude is just that strong. Either way, he would be a great vanguard. "Fuck! No choice! Zeke!" Zeke nodded and handed that chipped down shield to Rudy. "I don't know what to tell you, but this one's not that good. Don't angle it wrong, it will break." he warned before readying up. He positioned himself near the others as well, giving each other fists bumps. Their eyes were full of vigilance, and they ensured not a side is unwatched.

Dayle looked behind them, and despite the onslaught of enemies, his mind was calm. This was what was missing from his first steps in this accursed place. The smell of an incoming battle, and the visage of the bastards who dared mess with them. Too bad he can't fight all of them now. There were far too many of them. For now, he will have to make do with stalling them. He will have vengeance, but it will not be any time soon. He took his position at the back, intending to protect the rear once all of them start running. "Buckle up, everyone! The usual drill! Cover the flanks..." he ordered, his tone heated and commanding for the first time ever since he came to the Underbelly. His was expression full of hatred, and his teeth was bared against the enemies. "... and beat the fuckers down!"

Vasumir
1648071102900.png
The man choose the wise option, for now. Fate had yet to betray Vasumir. On top of that, it seemed to pull him. The man's proposal seemed to scream to be a chance fabricated by fate. But Vasumir knew, not to always tempt it. Adding on that, his interest to be bound to a institution was at least for now almost nonexistent, since he had yet to acquire any substantial amount of knowledge of this world, which included the standing, power and intricacies of the different institution, it would be rash to just join the one fate offered him first. Yet the value of this chance offer, was still quite high, Vasumir couldn't decide just yet on his final decision, he would have to observe this young man and his companion's first, to gauge what kind of faction he would align himself with if he were to accept the offer.

Regardless of that, even if Vasumir decided to refuse this instant, it was in his eyes clear, that instead of fleeing holding the ground was superior to increase his own survival chances.
"It seems we will have to resume this conversation at a later date. Now, I will have to remind, that I barely pose any real threat to anything in my current state. So one should not expect me to damage these fiends greatly. For that, I apologize."

Vasumir's Options were limited. He had only one real way to attack, to use his magic directly and push it into one of these obstacles. Luckily the fiends seemed exhausted, so with a bit of luck, his current magical energy would suffice to at least knock one of them out.
Additionally, the girl which was questioned as well stepped forward and started conjuring up a spell, a perfect moment for him to approach the fiends directly. Whatever kind of spell she would cast, it should draw hopefully enough attention for him to reach anyone of the fiends and push his own maigcal energy into him (Magic Affinity E) before his other friends could react. Even if it did not, he was hopeful that he would survive an onslaught, since at least his reflexes were still somewhat intact. But to find out, there was only one true way, and that was to execute this less than well crafted plan. As such he started moving towards the group of fiends, hoping one of them would find themselves somewhat isolated.

1648094579626.png

While the Underbelly burned, a figured stepped out to watch the show, screaming and yells could be heard everywhere. The figure standing there in armor watched and smiled under his helmet, then he faded back into the shadows. " It is still here. "

---

The Marketplace...

1648094612371.png

More and more cultists kept on showing up, seemingly out of nowhere, following after the groups, Clover was barely able to keep up, only moving on instinct and the will to survive, she was useless at this point but that was the least of their concerns, to Clover she wanted the orb back and to be able to deliver it to her contact. She looked back and saw one hooded cultist get pass everyone and come for her, she flicked her kunai and chain out of her sleeve, swinging it up with a flimsy flick of her arm, it did manage to come up and slash across the cultist's neck and eye in a vertical slash, the man stopped and backed off holding neck while yelling pain, Clover couldn't even finish them off as she continued running.

1648096063804.png

The cultist with knives was able to push the shield down far enough to meet Zeke face to face, with jaw agape and breath reeking of human flesh and blood, their previous companion that was devoured before them just minutes ago. The jaw that Zeke stared into was a terrifying maw, teeth sharpened by crude tools and yellow as a bloating corpse, tongue missing that looked like it had been cut out with a dull blade by how the wound looked. As he was about to take a nasty bite out of Zeke's face that would have most likely kill him, one of Dayle's remaining men had the balls to protect his fellow man.

A punch slammed into the head of the cultist that made the berserker stop for a moment, like the punch only stunned him than did damage, the eyes looked cloudy for a moment before the head turned with jaw agape and pulling a knife out of Zeke's shield, ready to attack when he raised it up. Before the jagged dagger was slammed into flesh and bone, Rudy came through with a rusty and worn sword, driving it through the chest of the cultist, driving them back, this broke the sword upon use, but the cultist was killed upon impact. (Rolled 8 out of 8.)

Zeke was able to give Rudy the shield that was rickety at best, when Rudy grabbed the shield, he would see Clover defend herself against the hooded cultist that stopped attacking upon losing an eye and getting their throat slightly slashed. Clover was safe, even as exhausted as she was, she would not stop defending herself. Rudy would begin to move through the market, the shield helping Rudy get through anyone in their path, there wasn't many crazy people, mainly panicking civilians that only wanted to live and escape, Rudy would push himself through this neutral territory, Rudy being unaware of this. Dayle having the rear guard with his men and a trying Clover trying to keep up with Rudy, mainly wanting the orb.

Upon getting about a quarter way through the marketplace, a large shadow jumped off the rooftops above them and in front of Rudy, unfortunately for Rudy, he wasn't able to stop in time, but a long arm with strong hand was placed out to stop the rampaging Rudy, the hand slammed through the shield with ease, mainly due to Rudy's speed and strength. The hand slammed into Rudy's chest, knocking him into the ground as the shield broke into pieces, knocking the wind out of Rudy. Before Rudy would stand a large.... Chest? Treasure chest? With long arms and legs?

MIM! The Mimic Knight.jpg

This chest leaned into Rudy, and he would see it fully, it's one eye. It was a mimic! But instead of attacking Rudy, to just observed him before moving away. " A weird looking human. " The mimic spoke with a deep voice that sounded knightly. The large eye looked up from Rudy and to the incoming group that was running from the strange group of half-naked men and hooded cultists chasing them, even attacking bystanders, which it did not like seeing. " Animals... Savages! " It spoke loudly with anger in it's one eye. It hopped over Rudy with extreme ease and even over Dayle and his gang, a cape flowing after the flying chest until it landed between the cultists and Rudy's group. The cultists stopped in their tracks staring at this 5-foot chest standing before them with an eye of malice.

" You have desecrated this neutral ground and slaughter civilians that want out of the fighting. Disgusting. " The Mimic grew in foot of size as it began to try and spit something out, then it released, spitting out two swords into the air that it caught with ease. " I am Mim, the Mimic Knight! And you will taste my wrath, fanatical scum! " He announced to the world, then he dashed forward, twirling like a tornado of death as his arms followed after him, slicing through bodies with ease and brutality, raining blood and gore all around him while more eyes grew all over the chest to see where he was going. Eventually he stopped twirling and jumped up, the swords disappearing into his skin as he spat a warhammer into the air, taking both hands to the handle, he slammed it down on one cultist that ended up splattering gore and guts all around the body, blood splattering making a sickening sound along with bones being crushed. This Mim had it under control it seemed, this could be a perfect opportunity to either escape or help the self-proclaimed knight that seemed to have it under control, the cultists were stopped in their tracks immediately by his onslaught.

---

1648097667361.png

The five leather armored men were dealing with the girl, while two had her held down, the other three were reveling in their victory of catching the quick and uncatchable girl. While Rowan's group made their way towards the group, she was able to cast a spell of shielding to attempt to protect her fellow group members, the spell was a success. Then... Bugs. Jason's crypticrawlers were the first to make their attack on the unaware men, one that wasn't holding the girl down looked over at the group coming with the same cocky smile he was holding towards the girl, but it quickly turned to fear as they were immediately attacked, the first one that was aware was the closest to the group, and was immediately jumped on by two of the crypticrawlers, screaming as they began to dig into the man with malice. Now the group was aware, letting the girl go as they got ready unsheathing weapons. (Crypticrawlers got a 5 out of 5 on roll, crit.) Jason's next group of Vilpincers swept through and began attacking more members of this small group, tasking on two more of them, taking them to the ground and beginning their feast of terror. (Get this, also a 5 out of 5, also another crit, nice!)

What would happen next would turn the tide for possibly the worst, Baxtor charged forward to one of the last two remaining warriors, the warrior was wielding a large mace as he was shocked by what was happening, this leather covered warrior stepped away from the feast he was witnessing, looking confused. Looking to the side he saw a strange pale skinned figure coming for, unable to move in time, Baxtor was a little sloppy and stabbed through the larger man's should with his Glacial Stab, the man yelled in pain, feeling the ice cold blade rupture through his shoulder and feel the ice spread. (4 out of 6 plus blight which is critical in what happens next.) But this wasn't enough to stop the warrior as he was able to raise the mace up into the air with malice intent, due to the ice blight, the warrior wasn't able to strike precisely which would have been Baxtor's head, but instead slammed his mace down with incredible strength into Baxtor's shoulder, breaking through Rowan's shield which didn't help in the slightest, the mace slammed into his sword shoulder, shattering nearly every bone in his shoulder and upper arm. Making his arm useless now. (Rolled 6 of 6 in retaliation, yikes.)

The man did back away with a look of surprise that he wasn't able to crush Baxtor's head like a grape but instead got his shoulder, thanks to the blight that Glacial Stab caused, it saved Baxtor's life, though he would be feeling excruciating pain and wouldn't be able to use the arm anymore, he was useless for the rest of this fight thanks to the pain and loss of one arm. The girl saw the opportunity to run while Rowan beckoned her over to where they were, as she made her way over, Rowan would summon steps for her as the girl now ran up the steps and onto a fence before jumping up onto a rooftop, looking down at the impending fight, looking unfazed now. Not even a look of gratitude.

The remaining two men, one injured due to Baxtor and another that wasn't attacked, began backing away as Jason's friends crept forward. " Backup! We need backup! " The uninjured one roared with holding an iron sword, having one hand at his mouth to echo his voice further into the world. Hoping someone would hear them. " Fucking bastard...! " The injured mace wielding man pulled Baxtor's sword from his shoulder and threw behind him on the ground like it was trash since it would still be stuck and Baxtor wasn't able to pull it out. " He fucked my arm up, but i got him good! " He cackled in his small victory; pretty sure he was about to die due to these large bugs while he did not have enough strength to fight back while carrying such a huge weapon while to blight was kicking in.

---

1648099490888.png

Arthur heard Scylla call the academy a prison which made the man scoff, " Whatever you want to believe, woman, keep your eyes on the prize. " He saw these men begin to try and round around them, while Scylla backed off and Arthur took a step forward, he heard Vasimur speak of them continuing their conversation another time, which Arthur gave a slight grunt to as they had bigger things to focus on. He let out his ghastly arm away from him as a weapon was summoned into his hand, in the form of a Lupara (Shotgun, Spiritual Ordnance: Basic - E - 2 PC.), Arthur pulled it back to him while holding it in one hand. These bandits were moving towards them while Arthur wasn't one to back down, especially to another gang. He learned that back in his world, never back down to a rival gang. " We really going to do this. " He stared at the group of bandits, as fire roared over the building that illuminated the area. Their eyes gone and almost dead.

1648100975950.png

Before Arthur could react, Scylla already attacked first, shadows moved pass him to the two closest bandits, too tired these bandits were to notice at first, but now noticing it was too late. Shadows melted the bandit in front of Arthur to nothing but blood and gore, Arthur wasn't too shocked, not expecting such quickness of an attack mainly but he was impressed. Nearly giving Scylla a look back but that would have been suicide. In the corner of his eye, he saw a bandit that was close to Scylla meet the same fate as well. (Rolled 9 of 10, since these bandits were already tired and injured, they are dead.) Now following this attack, the rest of the bandits were all aware and awake now, they didn't even notice Vasimur get close to the nearest one which worried Arthur as he didn't need this man's death on his hands.

1648100996554.png

But instead, this fellow surprised Arthur who began to push magic into the nearest bandit as they stood in shock of their comrades turning into masses of glob and gore, He was bloated in mana that he almost stunk of it Vasimur was able to cause this man to turn into a ball of mana that looked incredibly painful. Arthur quickly had an idea, his real hand moved in quick to grab Vasimur by his shoulder and pull him back, while he made his way backwards with the albino looking man, Arthur pointed his Lupara at the mana bloated vagabond making sure they were far away enough before the others knew what was happening. Arthur got his target in sight, seeing hallucinations of faces that belonged to people that Arthur killed in his past, then pulled the trigger. Firing spectral shots that flew in the direction of the man. Penetrating the man, causing an explosion of mana and blood (Rolled a 6 of 6, nice). Pushing Arthur, Vasimur and Scylla away having them hit the ground, Arthur having Vasimur behind him to protect him if needed which it wasn't. The group of bandits weren't so lucky, taking the main explosion which wiped them out, causing certain parts of the body to be missing afterwards. One was dead while the other two were alive but missing their legs.

Arthur was the first up with a groan, he wasn't expecting it to be over so quickly. But that was damn good thinking on Vasimur's part. Turning to his new group, Arthur let his gun go with dissipated into the air like a ghost, he moved forward, having a splatter of blood across his face, he offered a hand to each fallen companion., without saying a word.

Interactions: D. Rex D. Rex Shatter Shard Shatter Shard slifer37 slifer37 Goran Glacial Goran Glacial Eccentric_Undead Eccentric_Undead RavenSong RavenSong Laszalet Laszalet

Baxtor Everfrost
Unknown_Gallery.png
Baxtor skid back after catching a blow to his shoulder, clutching his shoulder baxtor was currently in alot of pain as he back up enough to rest his back against a nearby wall. "fucking hell!" baxtor cussed clearly displeased at being maimed, "Fucking Hell! of all goddamn places to get maimed it had to be a place where i need to be willing to lose a kidney to survive...' baxtor looked up at the cavern ceiling clearly wanting back topside but also out of luck in that regard. baxtor sat down as he hissed in pain accidently knocking his limp right arm against the ground. baxtor had a dark look in his eye's clearly dousing flames of hatred the had burst aflame in his heart. he was sick and tired of being walked all over by both worlds, he wanted power, not just any power but power that was undeniable he had legend's of god-like adventurer's roaming the lands. taking time to rip at his suit to bind his arm to his side with the rag's produced using his left hand and teeth to tie a knot in the makeshift sling, he had to completely tear his overcoat so he only had his white tee he had underneath on with a baby blue tie loosened and his top two button's undone. baxtor stood up finishing his work then looked at what was left of the conflict gauging the situation, and the danger in retrieving his shortsword.

C832792D-3515-40EB-85B8-C6E9F8580A0F.jpeg

After Scylla produced the shadows, horrible screams emitted from the band of criminals that approached. The witch seemed to revel in their pain as she lightly grinned with pleasure as the two were reduced to slightly more than puddles of blood. It was then that she saw the well dressed pale human step forward - dangerously close. Instead of calling out to him, she emphasized her actions to the remaining criminals' as they stood shocked of their comrades being turned to nothing more than meat matter. Scylla hoped to keep their attention long enough for Arthur to do something.

“Filthy vermin!” She’d exclaim coldly. “I’m just getting started!”

It was then that Vasumir appeared to stuff a criminal with impressive amounts of mana to which Scylla recoiled. Partly in disgust of the man, who’s body appeared to be on the verge of bursting and impressed by the seemingly harmless but well dressed pale companion.

Scylla had quickly figured out what Arthur was doing as he pulled Vasumir away and aimed his weapon at the bewilderingly mana stuffed individual. The witch would quickly take a few steps back as the inside of her arm shielded her face, but she wasn’t far enough away to avoid the force of the explosion.

Scylla would lose her footing as the burst of mana caused her to fall on her back, her staff following suit next to her as she yelped. The blast of energy would soon dissipate, she looked towards where the six ruffians had been before only to see even more gore and very disoriented criminals breathing their last few breaths as they struggled to make sense of their missing limbs. All that was heard was their agonizing groans.

She’d been wiping her face of the carnage that had taken place when Arthur offered his hand. Scylla looked up at Arthur for a moment then taking his hand used his weight to pull herself up.
“Hmph.. thanks..” She started as she removed what looked like pieces of skin, gooey blood, and chunks of arteries from her cloak. " I hate this place.”
She’d pick up her staff and observed Arthur sternly, crossing her arms. “Fine. I'll help you. Look I don't care about claiming your precious orb, all I know is that when it was taken out of its satchel I felt something I never want to experience again.” She was clearly disturbed by the orb's energetic pull. It made her feel out of control. It didn't help she still didn't know very much about it, so it seemed this was as good time as any to find out. “What is it anyway? A weapon?”

She'd turn to Vasumir before Arthur could speak, nodding in approval at him making due with the abilities he currently has.

Skyhunter Skyhunter Laszalet Laszalet

Last edited:
Jason Ithbecka

Vilpincer's:
p1redu2kjmx41.jpg

Crypticrawler's:
Ddu01iYUQAAxTMz

Caustic Spitters:
Jason was unsure of what to think. Still lost in his own rage, but he had calmed a bit. However, his insects were in a feeding frenzy. Jason slowly walked forward with his caustic spitters lumbering with him. He could hear it. Screams of pain, the sounds of the feasting colony. Flying insects swarmed around him. Stopping at the three still living men. They were weak and almost dead, unable to do much more than struggle a little against the massive insects.

Jason turned and looked down at the men, smiling pleasantly as he watched. His Crypticrawler's finding random sections of the bodies to chew on. Watching the blood seep from the wounds as their maws ripped off massive chunks of flesh. Bones snapping as they sucked the marrow. The Vilpincer's used their tail to cut up the body. Small pieces, cutting off the arm at the elbow. One of the men who is still conscious screamed and pain as the massive insects started to eat his arm right in front of him. Organs ripped out as the bugs go for the liver, the most nutritious organ in the body.

Jason heard the skittering next to him. Looking down he could see the Caustic Spitters excitedly shaking and waiting for their turn. He smiles and reaches down to pet them "Go eat my lovelies." The Caustic Spitters wasted no time in lumbering over to them, choosing to go after their favorite part on the bodies. Using their Superior leg strength, they took the time to crush each man's head, leaving nothing. The head completely demolished and the cost of spitters going for the brain and stem. Jason smiled happily as even the little insects that followed him decided to go get some protein from these sickening men. He was happy that at least in death they could contribute something to other people.

Suddenly, the cheerful look on his face turned to one of disgust and anger. He gave the surviving men a sideways glance, showing just how upset and ready to kill he was as the sounds of insects feasting upon the three corpses filled the air. The men would see that just behind him the ravenous insects, large and small, help to themselves to the corpses of their dead friends. Wasting nothing, sucking the marrow from the bones and silencing them and their sickening ways. Jason growled a bit, his scarred face staring down these wastes of flesh "You sicken me. You'll be the main course for my beloved insects." The insects buzzed around him. He looked like the living embodiment of an infestation. His massive bugs continuing their meal, only once they were satisfied did they turn their attention to the surviving members of this group. Ready to attack once more and ready to do their Master's bidding.

Dayle Keller
"Red Star's Bastard Dog"

Strength
Precision
Intelligence
Vitality
Speed

[ D ]
[ F ]
[ E ]
[ E ]
[ E ]

E

Active Titles:
Human | Thug

-Ryke-
Underbelly of Ryken, Marketplace

Code by: Shatter Shard

The Underbelly

Dayle flailed his chains around, keeping the cultists away from him and the others. Luckily, he didn't have to stall them for long.

A certain figure jumped down from the roofs, breaking Rudy's momentum and putting Dayle to a stop. He warily eyed the newcomer, but was relieved when the... chest thing revealed its allegiance. He was a protector of some sorts, probably of this marketplace, and so did not concern itself with Dayle and the rest. What did catch its attention was the cultists behind him, and Dayle gladly made way for the thing to pass by him. An extra hand against these bastards would be of great help, and it looked very strong as well. He wanted a chance for revenge, and now he got it. He wouldn't let this opportunity go. "Reinforce!" Dayle commanded, which his men nodded to and readied themselves before making a defense line behind the chest thing. Dayle took the center, and his men formed around in front of him. His group intended to support the chest thing in the sidelines, with full intention on killing the bastards.

"Both of you!" He said, while looking forward without sparing a glance at Rudolph and Clover. "They have strength in numbers, but from what I can see, them bastards ain't that much." He pulled his chains taught and flourished it "And I've got a bone to pick with 'em." He turned his head to look at them. "You either help us and risk death." He then looked forward again. "Or run away and also risk death. Pick your poison."

From his point of view, both in rational and personal reasons, to stay was the best option for him. He'd believe that standing ground as a group would potentially ward off the cultist attacks, and they'd be temporarily safe and get some rest. The few bouts he'd had the with the cultist basically confirmed that they were weak individually, as he could probably take on two or three by himself, and his men could take on one per person. All that remained would be about five or six cultists, which would then be further culled by the chest thing in front of him. That was good odds, better than scrambling around blind when he doesn't know where to go. Besides, the vivid image of one of his men being gruesomely devoured was still fresh in his mind. He'd be damned if he doesn't drag them across the ground. Of course he could become mortally wounded, but he was confident in his ability to survive. He didn't come this far being a coward, and he won't die as one.

On the other hand, the chest thing distracting them would probably enough to shake off a few of them, but the thief was at her limits. It was already clear that the guy is not leaving the thief, and if he was going to protect her, he'd have to carry her away. That in itself poses a problem; the guy would be defenseless in many ways. He'd have to run for quite a bit, and even he would eventually exhaust himself. By then he would've probably escaped the cultists, but he'd be in an unfamiliar environment. If he or the thief had any semblance of knowledge about this place, they wouldn't be in this mess. Part of Dayle wondered how someone as oblivious as the thief could steal what he assumed to be a priceless treasure, while being severely unprepared when dealing with the underbelly.

But those thoughts are for later. For now, Dayle and his gang needs all of their focus on whittling down the cultists.

Rowan looked back for a moment, making sure the girl left the area. Rowan didn't expect any gratitude from a girl who lived in the Underbelly- she just expected the girl to save her own ass, the opportunity having so nicely presented itself. When she saw that the girl was simply watching, she shrugged. Locking eyes with the girl, she called up to the girl- "stay back," a warning. Whether the girl wanted to see their demise or not wasn't her problem. As long as she stayed out of the way, she could watch the carnage all she wished. Though hopefully she didn't do something stupid like interfere. She couldn't guarantee the girl's safety- one reason she got the girl out asap. She wasn't too sure if Jason could hold back if the little girl was in the line of fire, considering how angry he was.

Finally, it was time to focus on the leftover surviving scum of the group. Oh, it was her time to shine, and she would have fun with these bunch. She gazed at them, displeasure clear on her face that there were still alive.
"None of that now." Rowan said harshly, using her magic on the scum before her. Any of the men still alive would have their heads encased in a shield (Mass Blackout-D Grade-1 Post Cooldown) that would cut off their air supply in an instant. "He'll live, and eventually heal up- but you all won't." She addressed the cackling man, the part of her that loved retribution coming out in full force. They had been about to harm that girl- and she wanted to see their faces mirror the fear that had been in the girl's eyes. Her ability usually made her feel uncomfortable, but today it gave her dark satisfaction to see it used on assholes like these. If the others came- well, she would use her magic on them as well. Jason and herself could take on these disgusting pigs, make them pay for their crimes. Maybe a nicer person wouldn't stand for what she was doing, but frankly, these men didn't deserve to live.

It was a tough break for Baxtor, his sword arm breaking because of the frankly unlucky turn of events. "Baxtor, over here." Rowan called to him, urging him to get out of Jason's line of fire, to head over towards her. They could heal a broken arm- but bringing someone back to life was costly indeed. For every negative thought she may have thought of the man, he had shit luck, and she wouldn't let him die for that. She re-put up their shields on the three of them and the girl if she was within range(Mage Armor-E Grade-0 Post Cooldown). Even if they broke, they were the difference between life and death- lessening a deathly blow to a more livable blow.
Skyhunter Skyhunter Eccentric_Undead Eccentric_Undead Goran Glacial Goran Glacial

Vasumir
1648488979700.png
It had worked very well. Better than he had hoped. The man's quick thinking certainly had helped. He initially had at best hoped to eliminate one of the fiends, but to use his raw magic as firewood for a magical explosion, was quite a good plan to come up with on such short notice. Yet it was suspicious, fate had never treated him so nicely, something had to be wrong, but even if his presumption held true, what could he do about it? Especially now, there was just no time to think, he had to concentrate and survive through his current ordeal.

But first, he had to check whether he received any injuries after the explosion. A few scratches here and there, nothing too agregious, but the worst ones, were those which lied hidden before the eye. His body felt fine, at least not as if it was internally bleeding, so that was good. He finally however did have a moment of rest. Yet he could not properly use it, the explosion had reminded him. He had truly fallen from grace. His current state was truly pathetic compared to his former power, without the man's help, without the woman's help, he certainly would have failed to win against these fiends. And that despite their clear exhaustion! He had to regain his composure. These thoughts were actively harmful, and being an even bigger burden, was not his goal. At least the woman didn't seem to mind his near powerlessness. He quickly stood up, being painfully made aware, that his hand got scratched quite severely. It would heal with time, the pain would however still remain for quite some time.

"That went better than I would have anticipated. Now, may I inquire your names, dear sir and madam?"

He did not know what to call them yet, and it seemed, as if he might just have the pleasure of staying with them for an indefinite amount of time. Getting more familiar with his temporary companions should therefore prove useful, hopefully.

Skyhunter Skyhunter RavenSong RavenSong

View attachment 969628

While the Underbelly burned, a figured stepped out to watch the show, screaming and yells could be heard everywhere. The figure standing there in armor watched and smiled under his helmet, then he faded back into the shadows. " It is still here. "

---

The Marketplace...

View attachment 969629

More and more cultists kept on showing up, seemingly out of nowhere, following after the groups, Clover was barely able to keep up, only moving on instinct and the will to survive, she was useless at this point but that was the least of their concerns, to Clover she wanted the orb back and to be able to deliver it to her contact. She looked back and saw one hooded cultist get pass everyone and come for her, she flicked her kunai and chain out of her sleeve, swinging it up with a flimsy flick of her arm, it did manage to come up and slash across the cultist's neck and eye in a vertical slash, the man stopped and backed off holding neck while yelling pain, Clover couldn't even finish them off as she continued running.

View attachment 969632

The cultist with knives was able to push the shield down far enough to meet Zeke face to face, with jaw agape and breath reeking of human flesh and blood, their previous companion that was devoured before them just minutes ago. The jaw that Zeke stared into was a terrifying maw, teeth sharpened by crude tools and yellow as a bloating corpse, tongue missing that looked like it had been cut out with a dull blade by how the wound looked. As he was about to take a nasty bite out of Zeke's face that would have most likely kill him, one of Dayle's remaining men had the balls to protect his fellow man.

A punch slammed into the head of the cultist that made the berserker stop for a moment, like the punch only stunned him than did damage, the eyes looked cloudy for a moment before the head turned with jaw agape and pulling a knife out of Zeke's shield, ready to attack when he raised it up. Before the jagged dagger was slammed into flesh and bone, Rudy came through with a rusty and worn sword, driving it through the chest of the cultist, driving them back, this broke the sword upon use, but the cultist was killed upon impact. (Rolled 8 out of 8.)

Zeke was able to give Rudy the shield that was rickety at best, when Rudy grabbed the shield, he would see Clover defend herself against the hooded cultist that stopped attacking upon losing an eye and getting their throat slightly slashed. Clover was safe, even as exhausted as she was, she would not stop defending herself. Rudy would begin to move through the market, the shield helping Rudy get through anyone in their path, there wasn't many crazy people, mainly panicking civilians that only wanted to live and escape, Rudy would push himself through this neutral territory, Rudy being unaware of this. Dayle having the rear guard with his men and a trying Clover trying to keep up with Rudy, mainly wanting the orb.

Upon getting about a quarter way through the marketplace, a large shadow jumped off the rooftops above them and in front of Rudy, unfortunately for Rudy, he wasn't able to stop in time, but a long arm with strong hand was placed out to stop the rampaging Rudy, the hand slammed through the shield with ease, mainly due to Rudy's speed and strength. The hand slammed into Rudy's chest, knocking him into the ground as the shield broke into pieces, knocking the wind out of Rudy. Before Rudy would stand a large.... Chest? Treasure chest? With long arms and legs?

View attachment 969636

This chest leaned into Rudy, and he would see it fully, it's one eye. It was a mimic! But instead of attacking Rudy, to just observed him before moving away. " A weird looking human. " The mimic spoke with a deep voice that sounded knightly. The large eye looked up from Rudy and to the incoming group that was running from the strange group of half-naked men and hooded cultists chasing them, even attacking bystanders, which it did not like seeing. " Animals... Savages! " It spoke loudly with anger in it's one eye. It hopped over Rudy with extreme ease and even over Dayle and his gang, a cape flowing after the flying chest until it landed between the cultists and Rudy's group. The cultists stopped in their tracks staring at this 5-foot chest standing before them with an eye of malice.

" You have desecrated this neutral ground and slaughter civilians that want out of the fighting. Disgusting. " The Mimic grew in foot of size as it began to try and spit something out, then it released, spitting out two swords into the air that it caught with ease. " I am Mim, the Mimic Knight! And you will taste my wrath, fanatical scum! " He announced to the world, then he dashed forward, twirling like a tornado of death as his arms followed after him, slicing through bodies with ease and brutality, raining blood and gore all around him while more eyes grew all over the chest to see where he was going. Eventually he stopped twirling and jumped up, the swords disappearing into his skin as he spat a warhammer into the air, taking both hands to the handle, he slammed it down on one cultist that ended up splattering gore and guts all around the body, blood splattering making a sickening sound along with bones being crushed. This Mim had it under control it seemed, this could be a perfect opportunity to either escape or help the self-proclaimed knight that seemed to have it under control, the cultists were stopped in their tracks immediately by his onslaught.

---

Interactions: D. Rex D. Rex Shatter Shard Shatter Shard slifer37 slifer37 Goran Glacial Goran Glacial Eccentric_Undead Eccentric_Undead RavenSong RavenSong Laszalet Laszalet

Rampaging was a rather harsh word. It wasn't like he was kicking children or flipping over ox carts or something. I mean... not exactly. He couldn't have been adding to much to the chaos that was already happening. Pushing his way through the crowd as he was. Still, he was making pretty good time he figured. With a good distance covered, it only stood to reason that something would have to fuck it all up.

That something was indeed a "something", an aberrant mass of thing that hopped int front of him and thrust outward to stop Rudolph in his tracks.

Flimsy shield or not, it was probably what had kept him from having his chest cavity caved in rather than just having the wind knocked out of him as he landed on his back. Small miracles.

But what even was it? Should he even stop and question such things any more in a world like this? Rolling over onto his elbows, and gasping for breath he looked up to see this Mim make his proclamations and begin fighting the cultists that were hot on their tails... well... doesn't that beat all? What the hell was wrong with this world?

"Yes..." Rudy breathed... "...I'm a wierd looking human..." wrangling his breathing under control did help keep the sarcasm out of his voice... but then again... he probably was quite wierd looking compared to what seemed 'normal here. But screw that... this Mim was fighting the cultists now. And an enemy of my enemy is my friend, right?

Rudolph took a moment to check and make sure the orb was safe and secure before pushing himself off the ground and wipe some more of the blood from his face. The scalp wounds loose coagulation having broken open again from the impact.

Time to reassess the plan. Dayle and his dudes were already charging in to take the fight to the cultists. And after a moment of consideration, this was probably the best course of action. If they could take out the following cultists, they could more easily flee. With this Mim helping them, they might stand a chance. And the cultists friends would have a hard time finding and reinforcing the present cultists this deep in the market crowd. Theoretically.

He didn't have a weapon though.... but he knew who did.

"Clover." He said softly, looking over at her. She was looking worse for ware by the moment... and he didn't know how much further she could keep on at this pace. Since he met her. She hadn't had a minutes rest. That was in addition to how much running and fighting she did before.

"Once we deal with these cultists, we will get out of here. I'll handle this.... catch your breath. Rest for a second. I'm going to go help eye-patch guy, stay where I can see you in case there is trouble. Maybe see if you recognize where we are at."

He put his hand out and laid them gently on the chain, not to take it. "I'm going to need this though... you rest. I'll give back when I'm done." In her state, well, it was pretty obvious that he could make a more effective use of it than she right now.

He didn't pull it away from her until she agreed, and only then would he tighten his grip and take it jnto his possession.

Rudolph had sort of used it once... before then he never used a weapon before. And this one was... magic? Or maybe it was her magic... as he looked down on it... and pondered what it was... something odd happened.

It was as if a screen popped to life in the air. He almost dropped the Sickle then and there. Grade C... mithral.... ice Affinity D? Stats? He didn't know they meant. But there was more... his own. B... B... B... B... B? Well... that sounded pretty good, right? Maybe this was related to how he felt stronger and faster and tougher here.

Unfortunately there was little time to consider this. Something to explore later perhaps.

For now... he steeled himself for something he really did not want to do... to fight. Everything in him screamed to run... but no... this time he needed to stand and fight if they wanted to get away. Now was their chance.

Grabbing the chain and kunai in one hand, and in the other he held the kama, he held it at the ready and charge in after Dayle. Ready to attack the nearest cultist and defend himself where needed.

Mechanical Summary

Leaving it vague until engagement is described, to give Narrator room to work.

Making and attack on the cultists.
Str B
Weapon C, ice enchantment D

Defense stats if needed
Vitality B
"Armor" using the weapon C to defend with.

The Twisted Underbelly...

1648966749989.png

---

The Marketplace, Neutral Territory

1649131613677.png

Clover was in a real bad state of exhaustion, she could barely stand up, she couldn't even stand properly and had to resort to leaning against a half standing kiosk stand, it ended up crumbling and Clover ended up falling down with it. She gave a painful groan as she went with it, falling into the rubble with a whimper. She sat up leaning against a piece of rubble, holding her side taking deep breathes, her eyes looked tired and exhausted as she stared ahead of her, not even noticing the things happening around her. When Rudy came up to her, she didn't notice the man until he had to get her attention, even then she almost couldn't listen. But she understood. She didn't want to give her only means of a weapon up to Rudy, she felt naked without it. " I want... I want in return... The bag. " Clover pointed to the bag with the stone that Rudy had. " Collateral. " She muttered

1649145052152.png

Rudy would have to comply if he wanted her weapon, eventually he would give up the bag with the stone, Clover had a weak smile on her hand as she placed it next to her side and held it close, almost like a teddy bear. She then weakly put her hand up to Rudy where her kunai and chain dangled. Upon Rudy taking the chain, Clover's hand would fall with a limp as her eyes closed, snoring loudly, she needed rest and rest she would. Clutching onto the bag with the stone within.

Mim lead the charge against the cultists that weren't retreating just yet, instead they stood their ground. Mim absorbed the hammer into his arm as a cultist came at him with a large axe. Mim caught the axe in one hand then stabbed the cultist through the chest with another hand. Mim then lifted the man up into the air and proceeded to throw them into his large maw, quickly devouring the man, then quickly growing a face of disgust. " Ack- tainted. You lot are disgusting. " Mim commented as he spat up a scimitar and caught it in one hand.

1649145076465.png

There were few cultists left as Dayle helped the Mimic Knight push them back, then again having a large tank that could create weapons on the fly would be discouraging to fight up against. Dayle and his group of Red Stars would start pushing the cultists back, slicing and cutting them down, there was less than ten cultists left. One got too close to Dayle, but he was able to use his chains to tear them apart. Rudy's entry into the fight solidified their victory, the braggart saved one of Dayle's men from being stabbed multiple times and devoured. Ahead of the group of cultists near an alleyway, the group would two of these hooded figures pulling an older man out, it was Francois! Who had been separated when Long Legs attacked and went on her rampage.

The cultists knew they have been thwarted with this newcomer entering the fight, they began retreating when the group had assembled their full force. One of the cultists holding Francois down raised a wicked dagger up, ready to stab down into the old man, Mim had spat up a crossbow once he saw the old man. He caught the weapon with ease and pointed it at the cultists, using his 360 vision, even on the crossbow, fired two bolts in quick succession. The crossbow reloading itself. The bolts looked somewhat alive as they flew through the air, quickly they made their marks into the cultists, but the bolts didn't just stop the two fanatics, they bore into their bodies like parasites, the cultists fell over screaming in pain as whatever they were show with moved through their bodies. Blood was coughed up and eventually they stopped moving. The rest of the fanatic zealots ran away, knowing they had been defeated.

Mim would make his way over to the old man, " You are alright now, ser, Mim the Mimic Knight will keep you safe. " A long arm would help Francois up before he was picked up and taken back to the group, setting him down before Rudy and Dayle, " Take care of this man if you could. I am glad to have you lot help me, it takes a lot of courage to do so in a place like this. " The self proclaimed knight stated with a very hardy voice. Very knightly, " Now, you lot of brigands, what are you doing here? I hear a gang war has started up over some stone? You lot are coming from that direction. " He stated. From behind Mim those same bolts he had fired, crawled across the ground back to him, they had eyes and mouths on them. Mimic Arrows they were! They crawled up his body and disappeared back into him.

mimic arrow.jpeg

---

Abandoned Home Complex, Leatherguard Territory

1649131717164.png

The injured black leathered man pushed the smaller man away with the last of his strength, " Get out of here kid. These fools have thwarted our plans. " The injured man stared at incoming bugs, " You are all making a mistake, you fools. " The man tried lifting his arm up that held the mace but his arm was beginning to freeze, so he switched arms to hold the mace, staring at this group before them. A injured dragon noble who thought he'd get a easy kill, a man that had many bugs on his side that looked quite concerning, and a woman who was trying to protect her teammates but doing a terrible job at it. The smaller and younger bandit began to run away, calling for backup as he did.

Baxtor would begin to wrap his arm crudely with his own clothing as he tore it apart somehow. Although this would prove to be ineffective as it would fall into pieces, becoming useless. But he would now look the part, somewhat, with his ripped up clothing. " Stupid nobles, your kind doesn't belong down here. If I could, I would crush that skull of yours, useless halfwit. " The man cackled, " Can't even wrap your arm properly, you didn't think it would be that easy, eh? What is a fool like you doing down here anyways? Shouldn't you be commanding your slaves around in your own little castle? " The injured man taunted while he chuckled before hissing in pain holding his arm as it continued to freeze over, Baxtor would see his shortsword about fourteen feet behind the man.

The injured man's eyes moved to Jason who was having his bugs eat and devour his previous allies who were just alive moments ago. His face showed disgust on it as their heads were crushed and squashed like grapes, brains and gore flying into the air, he didn't look surprised but only disgusted. " Your kind belong down here, none of you look like you would be down here. " The man commented, almost taunting him, even in the face of death he didn't look afraid. Even when threatened to be bug chow, he didn't look afraid, " That's what it appears to look like. " He dropped his heavy mace on the ground staring at his fate. " But you are barking up the wrong tree you, halfwits, You have no idea who you are messing with, this is Leatherguard territory. We own this area, all these abandoned homes and such. Our leader will be sure to kill you all. Even that girl you saved, she isn't just some defenseless little girl, she is a murderer and thief herself. " The man explained with a shrug and a cocky smile. " Boss wanted her, she killed his son. "

Before he could explain further, Rowan's Mass Blackout would take effect, surrounding the man's head with her barrier, his hands moved up to the barrier, attempting to break it or remove it but none worked. He tried reaching for the mace but wasn't able to find it, his other arm was useless now being completely frozen thanks to Baxtor's attack. But before Jason would be able to attack the man with his smaller allies, there was the sound of magic being casted then four arrows made of blue light stabbed through the man's chest from above them. The man fell over while spitting up blood, red liquid seeping out from the barrier where his neck was as he fell onto his back.

The girl from before was standing there, holding a blue ethereal bow made from magic, staring at her target. She looked down at the people that had just saved her quietly, observing them before she jumped down, landing before them, looking at each of them. " I suppose I should thank you each for saving me from those Leatherguards. They rule this area and are a very cruel group. I very much appreciate it. " Although she didn't sound very appreciative of their help, she sounded very monotoned. " You all don't look like you belong here, what are you doing here? " She asked, the strange blue bow dissipated into the air.

1649148041244.png

---

Alleyways, Gang War Central

1649131990816.png

Arthur Verg

1649132095065.png

Arthur looked at each of the two before him, he was beginning to trust the two a little bit more, he turned his head to where the group came from, he could still hear the screams and cries of people in the distance, the fires rising above the building was too revealing of their location, Arthur didn't like being here especially away from his group of people. But for now, he was stuck with these two, they were capable of themselves it seemed. Scylla especially, she was able to take care of herself, she rendered two of them herself, turning them into pieces of flesh and gore. Vasimur was very witty, similar to a tactician, Arthur was still impressed with his trick of bloating one up with mana to turn them into a bloated bomb.

Arthur looked to the strange looking woman and the albino man, " Come you two, it's unsafe here. We're better moving than staying in one place, especially when we got gangs fighting over their own squabbles like the blockheads they are. " Arthur lead the group deeper into the alleys, into the more dark and veiled parts, to keep attention away from them. As they walked through the alleys, he heard Scylla's question on what was the stone, Arthur being Arthur he didn't give a straight answer. " It's a artifact as far as I know. It apparently causes wars. " Arthur brushed the question off, even he wasn't exactly sure what it was, he was given a pretty vague answer himself.

Looking to Vasimur upon hearing his question, Arthur debated on giving his actual name or giving him a fake name to use. This has happened to Arthur in the past where he has been asked his name and gave a fake name since giving his real one placed him in dire situations. But this world was different to his and this man was different, imposing was the word Arthur was looking for. And they had made a deal, so Arthur had to be more cordial now. " Arthur. Arthur Verg is my name. " The one armed man spoke, still sounding cold, moving through the alleyways, there would be longer way that lead to the streets where they would witness people fighting and dying. In the alleyway they would see two men fighting with thick sticks, beating each other with them, blood flying into the air with each slap. They were groaning in pain as they fought, one got on top of the other once they were taken to the ground, pushing the stick into the man who was crying out in pain, trying to hold the stick back.

The stick being stabbed through his neck slowly even with his hands trying to push it back. Arthur saw this bloody fight and stopped to watch, looking at the two as the man cried out for help weakly, " H-Help...! Please...! Anyone...! " The two were not easily identified due to being in the dark alleyways, but the group had a opportunity to help this man who would be in a weakened state if they saved him. " No one is going to help you, Croven, you will die here in this alley alone! " The other growled as he continued to push this stick into the man, painfully. " What do you two want to do? " Arthur asked.

Interactions: D. Rex D. Rex Shatter Shard Shatter Shard EMIYAman EMIYAman Goran Glacial Goran Glacial Eccentric_Undead Eccentric_Undead slifer37 slifer37 RavenSong RavenSong Laszalet Laszalet

Francois Rychin
Interactions: D. Rex D. Rex Shatter Shard Shatter Shard

f584ec68f72c27ec0211be1da63ef917.png Oh dear. Things had become rather unpleasant. Shortly after the chaos grew to a fever pitch Francois had become separated from the group. It was rather embarrassing really, no sooner had he turned to gun down some overzealous pursuers Rudy and Clover had disappeared. He had been... irritated to lose sight of the object of his interest. They were an riveting lot and who knew when he'd have such an opportunity again! Besides this situation was one an man well up in his years had little hope of surviving alone. He had wandered briefly trying to follow their path and going where the fighting was at its worst, as no doubt that boy would be in the center of it.

Then he felt it. To preface Francois isn't much of a mage. In fact his magical talent is all but nonexistent he can barely manipulate the mana within his body let alone the mana in the atmosphere or the elements. He had no super senses, special abilities, or bloodlines and the like. In a world of magic and fantasy he was a rather unremarkable man. In fact one of his fellow staff members a magical teacher of some renown was almost fascinated by the sheer ineptitude Francois had for the magical arts. Why, he could barely tell when magic was in use outside of a lightshow and his innate magical resistance was lower than the average citizen. Now this is all being said to illustrate the gravity of what happened next. A vast source of mana so deep and grand in its scope that even he could feel it down to his bones. It was a feeling he had never had before but he was under no illusion as to what it was. For a brief moment he paused in his pursuit and he turned his head towards the wellspring of energy and power a rare look of awe and surprise on his face. That, had been unwise. Which leads us to the current situation. Subdued and captured by cultists. Certainly not his finest moment. The fanatics were a wildcard they were either laughably easy to manipulate or almost impossible to sway in their single minded zeal. The moment he had tried to so much as twitch they had beat him black and blue a busted lip and a black eye now marring his roughish old man charm. While torture and possible ritual sacrifice were not preferable Francois did not struggle or rage. He merely waited for his opportunity. He would die, just not today certainly not to them.

As he was led to a most likely a literally god forsaken place by equally unscrupulous men his chance arrived in a surprising package, or rather chest. A creature resembling an animated monstrous treasure chest appeared and shot his captors. Francois was taken aback by the appearance of his rescuer and looked on in fascination as the the men the monster had shot were eaten and ripped apart from the inside by the arrows it had fired. Truly interesting. He gave a grin and a gesture of appreciation to the creature. He rifled through the pockets of a dying cultist and retrieved his hand gun. He topped off his rescue by shooting the remaining cultist of the group. Francois turned his eyes meeting the tired and haggard forms of Rudolph and Clover. His own battered face matching theirs. He smirked and stepped over a corpse. "Young man. How fortunate that we have found our way back together. I see a lot has transpired in my absence." Francois took note of the presence of Dayle and his men "And quite the company you have taken too." His eyes narrowed slightly as he addressed Dayle "I am grateful for you aiding of my young companions. And I praise how magnanimous you are in looking past our first encounter. Rather messy that was, unfortunate that in the chaos we killed a few of your men my condolences." Francois words appeared earnest and even apologetic, but the smirk never left his face and any true remorse never showed on his face. Even beaten as he was he looked at Dayle not with the eyes of a man but a scheming monster. Then it was gone. He turned back to Rudy "Now we best be on our way while our monstrous friend deals with the rest of them you can fill me in on the situation in the meantime." He eyed the bag which surely contained the stone a pensive expression on his bruised face.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back