• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Graded [Frontier] The Queen, The Tank, The Sword and their Weapon Transport

B2FF6619-2913-4281-BE90-FBE775DFD0BF.png

Emotionless, she blinked in surprise at Regulas words with a coy tilt of her head. She smiled inside as she spoke playfully. “Oh? Her majesty isn’t fond of exotic pets in her palace?” She would put the thief down next to the inn door. “She’s a witty one I must admit..” she would then pat the unconscious thief on the head. “..it really breaks my tender heart.” Aria would glance at Regula feigning a sad face before chuckling out loud.

“There is certainly something at work here..” she started as she reached to the sky and stretched before picking the cat girl up and taking her to the barn. When she returned she continued. “..best to leave it be and mind our current mission. This place can wait. For now.”

When Aria heard the bit about being detained she smirked. “M’lady?” She said with obviously false surprise. “I-I’m.. flattered you wouldn’t mind carrying me all the way to Lord Lights’ castle.. I’m.. just not that sort of lady. But if you wish we can share a spot atop sir Pierre?” She winked, and laughed before returning to the room they were just sleeping in. She quickly got dressed, checked her equipment and ran back down the stairs. Back in her usual composed state.

After three days of trekking through the woods, Aria had to begin using her katana to chop away at brush to make paths. After being wrong a few times, frustration would well up in the war maidens' usually impeccably composed mind. “Where in the hells is the way out of this blasted forest!” She yelled as she sliced through thick brush, panting, sweaty and increasingly wearing clothes. Patches of her shirt were ripped in a few places revealing the chain mail underneath. “Let's hope we got it right this time.” She said with a huff, hiding her welling rage for the terrain. Her boots were wet from having to dig for groundwater the day before. Even though sleeping under the stars was a nice thing to look forward to at the end of every work day.

After a few hours of slashing and pulling at vines and thick brush she leaned her shoulder on Pierres tread, fixing her hair and sheathing her katana. “And.. break..” she stated as she panted, trying to catch her breath. “..I thought I was done with forests, and here I am..” she chuckled. “..how are you faring sir Pierre?” Her mood lightening up as she knocked on his hull.

Last edited:
Dark Witch (Alexandria Kingston)
944e1799a7c9f7bdb29feac6b71dc1c8.png

Alex smiled. "The land that I come from has a massive tree made of crystal called the World Tree. It's branches reach to the heavens and pull songs from all of reality, and as a denizen of that world I can hear the music that it sends to us." She ran her hand down the neck of her guitar and a shower of purple sparks fizzed to the metal floor. "Different clans have different tastes in music, and I happen to belong to the Metal Clan." While she did like to tell others about her homeland, she could tell that Regula was trying to lighten the mood. Swinging the guitar onto her back Dark Witch climbed the ladder inside Pierre and opened the hatch to the outside. "And I hear you: I'm getting pretty sick and tired of this forest too!"

Sitting on the lip of the port hatch Dark Witch raised her hands and made sigils in the air, a purple light following her hands as she did so. When she finished a magic circle appeared around Pierre as object began to come into being: speakers, stage lights, and a microphone attached to a stand that seemed to connect to nothing. Feeling the music course though her Dark Witch tapped the hull of Pierre and music started playing. Once the beat got going she began to sing:

~We're not gonna take it
Oh no, we ain't gonna take it!
We're not gonna take it anymooooooore!~

Shen then brought her hands down to her guitar and started to play, and drums started to join her from the speakers, as though the ghosts of bands before her were joining in on her musical proclamation of how done she was with this forest

Create Stage - Magic E, Music Affinity F, Control Environment, Spell Duration F, Spell AOE F - you turn the 10 ft. of area around you into a stage, complete with stage lights and speakers. This lasts for 1 minute or until dismissed - Grade E - 1 Post Cooldown

Pierre Rothel - RavenSong RavenSong lXlGamemaster lXlGamemaster Elvario Elvario

Once again they were back on the road.

3 days in went well, but now came in the bad luck streak. First was the thieves, and now they had ended up in the dense woods, where Aria and Alexandria’s frustrations were growing.

All the while, Pierre didn’t mind all as much, as this forest scape just made him calm and content.

True it was maybe a bit hard with maintaining his fuel, but he let the soft flow of the wind and natural noises fill and calm his hearing. Reminded him greatly of the Argonne at night, when the fighting stopped and all was left to hear were the birds singing..

Bopping his turret to the song that Alex was singing, Pierre found himself speaking.

“I actually don’t mind the forest.. It just feels peaceful despite what’s currently going on, sometimes I just wish to end up breaking down into an endless slumber, hearing nothing but the leaves rustle around as my carcass rusts away in peace to become one with the nature.. Also Aria, watch for Dryads the next time you slash a bush. Wouldn’t want to anger a fae now would we?”

5sFpQEi.jpg
Mentions: Aria RavenSong RavenSong | Pierre Beetlebuggo Beetlebuggo | Dark Witch lXlGamemaster lXlGamemaster
Day: Seventh day of travel
Time: Afternoon
Weather: Cloudy, but no rain
Relevant dice rolls:
3 (lXlGamemaster) – Inaccessible road
7 (Beetlebuggo) – Guard inspection

Regula

Although Regula had been wondering about Aria's quickly increasing wittiness from a few days prior, the girl had been diligently helping them get through the forest. It wasn't a good sign that even Aria was starting to tire of being lost in this forest.

A distraction was soon found in Alex's tale of her music. It was all a bit much to take in, but it certainly sounded amazing. “I'd like to visit there sometime.” Regula concluded. She wasn't too familiar with music, but she'd taken a liking to the music that was named after the main ingredient of her blacksmithing craft. “Come to think of it, why is this music called metal?”

She was a bit surprised by Pierre's appreciation of the forest. Especially as the metal carriage was easily having the most difficult time manoeuvring through this place. “A dryad, you say... Weren't those supposed to be tied to trees, rather than bushes?” All things considered, Regula hadn't heard a lot about fae, but this one she vaguely had heard of.

However, it wasn't a fae that had spotted their odd group traversing through these forests. As they were continuing onwards, they suddenly spotted someone in the trees above them.

Forest Ranger
MZFtrWX.png
94gngmK.png

“Halt.” He called out to them. Although he didn't have his weapons drawn, it was clear he was ready to do so at a moment's notice. His eyes glossed over them with clear curiosity. “I'm not sure what possibilities I expected when I heard these odd sounds echo through the forests, but I'll say that three lovely ladies and a metal carriage weren't even remotely among them.” If one were to follow his line of sight, it was clear that he was going over their weapons and armours for a bit. “Now tell me, what brings such a curious fellowship to these lands?”

After singing for a bit Dark Witch smiled at Regula's question. Her memory was thrust back into the time when she was still in the Land of Metal with her mother teaching the children about the same topic. 'Why is metal called metal?' one asked. Her mother smiled, just as she was now, and she recited what she heard her mother say:

"It's an angel singing, a devil screaming: it's the pounding of creation's hammer upon the anvil of time."​

In her other world the music had been named such because some hippies said that it had 'heavy themes' so it was 'heavy metal', but her mother gave a much more epic reasoning. The song continued (slightly quieter on account of all the people talking) but the song ended when a man stepped into their path.

Dark Witch looked him up and down, just as he was scoping out them. She moved from her spot at the top of the ladder and perched herself on top of the tread cover so everyone else could exit the tank. The dude in front of them gave Alex mad Robin Hood vibes and she narrowed her eyes at him. Obviously he wasn't alone: you'd have to be crazy or crazy powerful if you wanted to walk in front of a tank without any backup. She wasn't in any position to speak on behalf of Regula so instead she scanned the forest line for any other hidden men with long Pantene moisturized locks.

C4A93C43-E5AA-40EC-AA4E-600C0CFAE5B3.png

The sudden performance stage summoned into reality took Aria aback. She looked on as lights, speakers and a ladder up to the stage appeared. Before she knew it, she was tapping lightly onto the hilt of her katana. She would look at dark witch, and blink a bit. This music is unlike anything I’ve heard. But it’s oddly fascinating, and exciting. She thought to herself.

After the song the war maiden applauded. “Exquisite song, Dark Witch.. really has a lovely thump to it.” She would nod at her description of ‘metal’ music. It was certainly poetic and she didn’t expect any less of a bard witch.

Before long a man's voice broke their interaction, her attention immediately shifting in its direction. She disregarded his flattery however, even though it stirred the usual unpleasantness within her. Her orbs fixed upon the man before them. He certainly had the look of someone who could navigate the forest, maybe he knew the way out but exposing the fact they were a bit lost would be putting themselves in a vulnerable position. “We’re only passing through, sir.” she started as she glanced at Regula, catching the ranger scanning them.

5sFpQEi.jpg
Mentions: Aria RavenSong RavenSong | Pierre Beetlebuggo Beetlebuggo | Dark Witch lXlGamemaster lXlGamemaster
Relevant dice rolls:
7 (Beetlebuggo) – Guard inspection

Regula

Regula was pretty caught off-guard by the weirdo in the trees. Enough so to be without words for a a few moments, even after he started speaking. She was still trying to work out who or what in the world this odd fellow was.

Silvester
MZFtrWX.png
94gngmK.png

Meanwhile, the ranger looked at Aria. “You're making an awful amount of noise and ruckus for folk that are merely passing through.” He said, as he was still eyeing them over. Whatever he was trying to discern about them, he didn't seem to have made up his mind just yet.

He did, however, notice that Dark Witch was looking all around for some reason, after only having looked at him for a few moments. “Now, that just hurts my pride. Are you that desperate to avoid my gaze ma'am?” He said, with a bit of a tease behind it, but also something more... measuring? His words were probably meant in jest, but perhaps he might have an ulterior motive. Other than his mad Robin Hood vibes, he was a tough guy to read.

Regula

By now, Regula had found her tongue again. “She's right, sir. We're merely passing through to transport some goods.” The latter was difficult to deny, as the crates were stacked atop Pierre. She hoped he wouldn't ask what they were...

And she fluked it. “What might you be transporting through this forest then?”

She wasn't sure whether or not to tell him the truth, so she decided to answer with a question of her own instead. “Would you care to introduce yourself first?”

Surprisingly enough, the man smiled. “Ah, but of course! I'm Silvester. I'm in charge of patrolling these forests to ensure that they don't become a hiding place for criminals, monsters or other troublesome individuals or activities.” He nodded to himself. “It's been a while since I've seen such an odd company, for that matter.”

He looked a Dark Witch. “A mage, with a uniquely shaped music-making catalyst.”

Then at Aria. “A Champion of Light, a right hand and a liaison with gear that's surprisingly finely designed.”

Then to Regula. “Now, here's an interesting one. The prideful, yet well-meaning type, huh? Also an adventurer, blacksmith and enchanter, you're clearly the busy type. However, that weapon of yours, that is a mystery to me. It's leagues above the other things you're carrying.”

Then he turned to Pierre. “And you, my friend, are a weird golem indeed. A sentient 'tank' construct is not something I've ever heard of, but then again, the forest doesn't seem to suit you.”

Done with bragging about his apparent ability to read titles from a considerable distance, both of people and items, he put up a broad smile. “Yet none of you are monsters or criminals, so I guess I can rest easy again~ Although, on the topic of resting, that'll be tough with you folk cutting through the forests while playing loud music. How about I show you girls and tank the quickest way out?”

Regula still wasn't sure if they could trust him, but she figured it'd be their best bet. “That... would be great.”

The man nodded, as he jumped down and headed in a clear direction, beckoning them to follow. “This way, then, but while we're walking, why don't you all humour me and answer a few questions. For one, I'd like to know your names, if you'd grant them to me. Secondarily, I'm quite curious about what it's like to be a 'weird golem tank', about what kind of great deed makes one a Champion of Light, about what that unknown weapon is from the prideful miss and about what type of music I was witnessing just now and the kind of catalyst it is made with.”

As they would follow him, they'd soon realise he knew what he was doing. Pierre was getting stuck less and less and before long, the forest was growing less and less dense, indicating they were finally getting out of it.

FDFA960A-C8E2-492A-B749-952D2C7695E8.png

She sighed, Aria was sore and she had just about started to take a break now she felt she had to explain herself to this random individual. However she collected herself, suddenly remembering to be cordial to those she’d meet - one never knew when in the presence of someone of note.

However this Silvester was shrewd and very pressing, what was he trying to get at anyway? Before Aria could respond to his suspicion however, Regula repeated her response in confirmation. Arias crimson orbs would glance at Regula then back at Silvester. “If we’re loud, it’s because we’re tired.” she said, a bit of attitude betraying her blank expression.

When noticing the Dark Witch looking around, Aria did so a bit as well. Then looked at Silvester when he seemed to begin to flirt with her companion, raising an eyebrow and crossing her arms with slight apprehension. She’d keep her thoughts to herself though, for now.

When he began to read everyone’s [Titles] Aria was astonished and dropped her arms. It was as if he suddenly knew everything about her, her interest was piqued. He could easily be an authority, or a very talented criminal. And the latter worried her the most, especially since the equipment in their cargo could easily make an average soldier into a very dangerous one rather easily. Regula was talented in her work, and if they were to impress the Count, it was valuable work indeed.

“Very well sir, Silvester you have my attention..” she said with a nod as she began to follow behind him. Aria wondered where this would lead, so she decided it couldn’t hurt to introduce herself, especially since he offered to help them on their way. She wouldn’t let her guard down however.

“My name is Aria Barlow, of Highgrove village..” she began, as the soft crunching of leaves beneath her boots echoed through the trees with her steps. “..well, I never sought to earn such a title, I simply cared enough about the people of my village that I signed up to become a soldier in defense of it. I risked my life, at times I thought I would die from the grievous wounds I suffered through..” she held her shoulder where the toad monster had pierced. “..with a little help however, I managed to return, and see the sun shine upon my village once again.” She sighed, and hoped she hadn’t given away too much too soon. But she felt it would be better to walk through the forest speaking than staying quiet all the way.

She looked up from watching her step through the forest floor, noticing the brush getting thinner when she asked, “Where do you call home Silvester?”

Last edited:
Pierre Rothel [The Tank] - Aria [The Sword] RavenSong RavenSong - Alexandria [The Dark Witch] lXlGamemaster lXlGamemaster - Regula [The Queen] | Silvester [The Ranger] Elvario Elvario

- Ranger lookin Kinda...

Throughout this ordeal, Pierre remained silent at the first sight of this new arrival. Don't tell anyone else, but he was close to going Eugh when the guard had seemingly flirted with his comrades (Not romantically protective. Platonically and genuine protectiveness for close friends). So for now, he kept his Barrel staring at the Ranger, a little more apprehensive than the others..

Then came the surprise, as the Ranger, now named Silvester, read off their titles (
Which he wasn't even aware those existed). While this was alarming to the tank, it also helped him know a little more about the ones he was friends with, with more detail put into Aria's accomplishments, His appearance as a golem and Dark Witch's guitar.

He'll give credit where it's due however, as Silvester had now been leading them on an easier path for him to navigate without further complications..

Now came the hard part, telling his name as Silvester wanted..

Y'know what? Fuck it. Better to just be done with it anyway.

"You have my gratitude for leading me and my Comrades out of the forest, Sir Silvester. My name is Pierre Rothel." He greeted smoothly.

Perhaps it was the fact that they were hopelessly lost in the forest, or the fact that someone interrupted her song, but Alex was almost 100% done with the man in tights. Avoiding his gaze? If she could have she would have shot lasers from them at him. However, he was the first person they met since going into this forest, so she kept her mouth shut and let Regula do the talking. Only after they told him that they were transporting goods did the man, Silvester (like the cat?), give his name and occupation: he said that he was a ranger of sorts keeping monsters at bay and helping beautiful ladies in their time of need. Alex felt a smidge of flattery as the man attempted to charm them, but her devoutness to her mission to defeat the demons prevented her from feeling any romance.

Her suspicion peaked when he started calling each individual out by their fighting style, official title, and even their equipment. How far had this guy been following them, and was he in kahoots with the thieves at the inn? While everyone else spoke she only then remembered that Regula was able to tell if a person was human or not with a touch. Was this guy able to do that but stronger, able to see their equipment and titles like some video game character? Deciding to not call suspicion to herself in case her previous theory was correct Alex sat on Pierre's hull covering the tracks and played a simple song on her guitar, the music still playing through the speakers that she summoned onto the tank.

Alex, meanwhile, was playing hard to get. Whenever Silvester would look her way she would look at him with a sort of alluring gaze, trying to hit the persona of metal witch that her apparel was giving.

5sFpQEi.jpg
Relevant dice rolls:
7 (Beetlebuggo) - Guard inspection
2 (RavenSong) – Bad Mind Magic

Silvester
MZFtrWX.png
94gngmK.png

As they were walking, the ranger took in their replies. He laughed at Aria's explanation of the title, although it was a friendly one. “From the sounds of it, doing what you did without doing it for the explicit reason to become the Champion is exactly what made you the Champion of Light.” He did, however, seem to have genuine interest in the attack. “What type of people or creatures attacked Highgrove?” Considering he introduced himself as someone in charge of patrolling these woods, he was likely wondering if the particular enemies would also come to threaten his working space one day. As for Aria's question, he smiled. “I've got a few places I can stay, but nothing permanent. The job requires me to move around a lot, after all.” Although he sounded honest, it was clear he somewhat dodged the question there.

If the ranger was upset that Pierre didn't tell him more about what it was like to be tank, he didn't show it. Instead, he accepted the words of gratitude. “You're welcome lad.” That said, he didn't seem to be quite done with trying to learn more just yet. “So, considering you're a construct, would you mind telling me who made you? You're not just an everyday person or simple golem, after all.”

Silvester almost felt Dark Witches' glare piercing through him, but he stone-faced and smiled through it. Sadly enough, she gave him neither a name nor an explanation. Her attempt to play 'hard to get' had some results, as he certain bit. “As grateful as I am to be hearing you perform, madam, I would be even more grateful to at least learn your name. Surely, my guidance thus far has earned me that much, has it not?”

Regula

Regula, for quite a while, had been planning on doing the same as Dark Witch. However, upon seeing that they were actually being aided a lot, she gave in a bit. “I'm Regula. My weapon is called a gun. It uses combustion magic to fire off projectiles. It's pretty powerful, all things considered.” That was the extend at which she wished to discuss her weapon with this mostly-stranger.

Silvester nodded. “Good thing you won't be using it to cause trouble then~” He said, as he pointed towards a much clearer path than anything they'd been on thus far.

SkXvtSk.jpg

“This path leads straight out of the forest, it's probably the only one accessible by mister Pierre. You should be able to leave the forest altogether before nightfall. However, I must give you a fair warning. An area next to here was used as a ritual site by some cultists not too long ago. I managed to clear them out, but some bad magic still hangs in the air and it has a tendency to temper with your mind. You'll want to stay on the road to avoid the worst of it and traverse through the area as quickly as possible. No matter what you think you might hear or see among the trees, don't react to it. Just keep going along the road and look straight ahead and you'll be fine. I'd accompany you through it, but I'd rather not experience that place again. It's not particularity dangerous, but it can be very... draining, mentally. Just make sure you pass through it quickly.”

A bit unsure, Regula looked at her companions. It didn't look much like Silvester wanted to speak more about it, but the ominous warning didn't sit well with her. “Is there any way we can prepare for it, or anything more you can tell us about it..?”

Silvester sighed. “Not really, as I'm not sure how much or in what manner the magic will affect each individual. All I know is that it should be fine if you do whatever it takes to ignore it and just follow the path.” With that ominous warning repeated, it was up to the group to decide how (or if) to proceed. Regula herself, for what it was worth, seemed concerned, but didn't seem to even consider turning around.

Playing hard to get had gotten her result, but at the price of feeling like an ass. Through their travel in the woods Silvester was genuine in his reactions and expressed a curiosity that any guardian should. Perhaps she wasn't cut out for guard work: her insight on people sucked so far. First it was the apple lady, and now it was this guy doing his job to help people through the forest. She wondered why she was so distrustful. Perhaps it was the fact that she was warned about demons and their influence and not told what they looked like. She would have to contact her mother some way and ask for more details.

In the meantime Alex hopped off of Pierre and approached the man with guitar and hand. She reached into her pocket and produced the same leather patch with her insignia emblazoned on it that she gave to Aria when they met. "I'm the Dark Witch. Sorry for being so abrasive: we were almost robbed at the last inn we stayed at, and perhaps took too many turns in order to not be followed..." She listened intently as Silvester explained the dangers of the road up ahead. It seemed this forest, aside from being confusing, was also cursed and haunted as well. She smiled and looked to her rag-tag group of companions. "If we don't pay attention we should be good, right?" She walked to Pierre and addressed the speakers and light show that was now adorning the living tank. "Then it's a good thing you've got me here. I can play for as long as it takes to go through it, and these babies can drown out just about anything." She tapped one for good measure, but it fell off of its perch, resulting in her having to struggle to put it back on before looking up with a smile

FDFA960A-C8E2-492A-B749-952D2C7695E8.png

Arias back straightened at the rangers question about the enemies, it was traumatic for her but the fiend still lurked the forests bordering the southern side of Ryke. “There was a horde of summoned tree demons..” she started, struggling a bit as she searched for words while visualizing their horrid bodies and the screaming of men being ripped to shreds before her eyes. “..we managed to defeat a few waves of them, but their numbers wouldn’t falter, eventually Lord Light dispatched a party to identify and quell the source; we found it. The best I can describe it was a toad mage demon that vanished when approached, meanwhile singing some kind of twisted magic to breed those tree folk demons out of some kind of pool.. or portal.”

Aria listened intently at the rangers warnings about the encounters on their path ahead. A deadpan expression on her face regardless of the ominous warnings of cultists and stagnant foul magic. The war maiden was fairly confident in their abilities to fight any enemy, although magics continued to be Arias bane. And Dark Witch was beginning to grow on her, she had a sense of humor that Aria quite appreciated. She was glad the witch had decided to come along. “I certainly don't think it could be any worse than trekking for days through the forest..” she started. “..as dark witch said, her music magic could keep us from becoming distracted.”

She crossed her arms and her weight shifted, as she looked at the ranger. “I assume this is goodbye then? Something tells me you’re not the hugging type.” She smirked teasingly, before quickly following up. “For what it's worth, you have my thanks for getting us out of that forest.” she put a fingerless gloved hand out in appreciation.

Pierre Rothel - RavenSong RavenSong Elvario Elvario lXlGamemaster lXlGamemaster
—Ah shit

Pierre gave a light sigh at the reveal of the difficult road ahead, but upon putting more thought into it, he shuddered a bit. He doesn’t know what things could be put in his mind, and if it were to somehow cause a war flashback, then it would mean more trouble.

Dark Witch’s claim for her barrier to ward it off gave Pierre this slight hope that it’ll work, so inwardly he prayed that it did.

“Shall we move then? I feel that moving through the route fast can lower the chances of our minds getting plagued as well.”

SkXvtSk.jpg
Relevant dice rolls:
7 (Beetlebuggo) - Guard inspection
4 (lXlGamemaster) – ???

Silvester
MZFtrWX.png
94gngmK.png

Silvester smiled at Dark Witch. “Don't worry, I'm glad my charms managed to pull through in the end~ It's a pleasure making your acquaintance, miss Dark Witch.” He did seem a little surprise by the odd title, but clearly didn't think it worth questioning. “Using noise might work, although I can't say I've tried it.” He said, a little unsure. “Just make sure not to underestimate the magic.”

He'd taken in Aria's story with clear interest. However, at the end of the story, he gritted his teeth. “That... that sounds like the type of scenery the magic will make you live through once more. Be prepared.” He said, sounding more serious than ever before. However, upon Aria's final question, the seriousness vanished. “How in the world could I refuse a hug from such a lovely lady?” He said, as he opened his arms wide. “Bring it in!” If she were to accept the hug, she'd notice he almost smelled more of the forest than the forest itself, somehow. “It's been fun meeting the four of you! It's certainly a nice change from merely watching the trees grow~”

With the later said, he gave a bow to them. “Well then, good luck and goodbye, my job here is done!” With that, he turned around to walk off, vanishing into the treeline surprisingly quickly.

That left them with the road ahead.

Regula

Regula, trying to be as mentally prepared as she could be, gave a nod to Pierre. “Let's get this over with quickly.” She said, as she walked onwards, deciding to brave up and take the lead on this one.

As they were walking, it was slowly but steadily becoming clear why the ranger had warned them. Even with Alexandria's music playing on full blast, they would start to hear things. It wasn't something that entered through their ears, but something that was activated in their minds instead. For what it was worth, focussing on the music did help drown it out, not by volume, but by having something else to focus upon. However, it would be a battle of will and mental fortitude.

For Alexandria, it started with a slight guttural sounds that she recognized instantly. At first, it was easy to write off as a figment of her imagination. However, the longer they kept going along the road, the clearer it got. Soon enough, it was undeniable. It was the heavy breathing of a demon, lurking in the shadows, waiting to jump their prey. Were she to allow her eyes to stray off of the roads and towards the treeline, she'd see flashes of them. Grotesque forms of demons, the Demon King's most trusted assassins, the most gruesome even among demons, rushing between the trees. They were observing her, waiting for their chance to strike. Then she'd hear it. A cry for help, one full of fear and pain. A cry that could only come from one person; the Metal Witch herself.

For Aria, it started not with the tree demons from Light's barony. No, it started with something darker and deeper. The voices of those that betrayed her. She could hear them, just off of the road. The rebel leaders, laughing aloud. They were telling monarchy of the foolish, naïve girl that was claiming to lead them. They were talking about how easy it would be to set her up. They were already dividing the rewards they'd sow from assassinating her. If she were to set her eyes upon the tree-lines, she'd even see flashes of them. Far in the distances, they'd look at her and laugh. Pointing at her, as if she was nothing more than a clown to be mocked for entertainment. Those she would've risked her life for were now making fun of those very same efforts as if they meant nothing at all.

For Pierre, it was a self-fulfilling prophecy. His nightmares had come to life in this magic-infested woods. It started with a very far-off sound, that of a shelling in the far distance. Then it was a gun-shot, closer by, but still far off. Then it was the sound of a Gatling gun. Slowly, yet steadily, the sounds of war and death crept closer and closer to where he was. Were he to let his turret stray off of the road ahead of him, he'd see it. Flashes of fire. Clouds of poison gas. Corpses. Enemies bleeding out. Allies bleeding out. He'd hear the cry for help from boys who's life hadn't even truly started yet. He'd hear the painful groans of men that would soon meet their maker. He'd see, between the treelines, in the distance, the horrible mutilated bodies of those hit by shelling and poison gas. Between them, he even saw the corpses of those he recognised from this life, crushed by familiar tank threads that were ever so familiar.

Finally, the would-be queen wasn't spared either. She tried, desperately, to focus on the music and on the road ahead of her. However, she could hear it. Words of the nobles, talking about sending her to the mountains. She could hear them mention how she'd 'outlived' her usefulness. How she should be gotten rid off and forgotten. She could hear them mock all her efforts and laugh at them. She managed to keep her eyes on the road for a long time, until she heard another voice. The pained cries of Elizabeth. She couldn't stop herself from glancing aside, seeing here there, among the treelines. Her body put to shame and in clear pain. Her mind broken, hollow eyes staring into the abyss. Regula's biggest failure in her own world and her biggest failure in this one... She gritted her teeth, balded her fists, silent cursed to herself an desperately tried to put it aside. She'd be stronger. She'd become a queen. She'd get to set these things right. She had to. She would. She'd do so. Trying to focus on those thoughts, she pressed on. Then she heard it. Something she couldn't possible have heard for real was now audible in her mind as if it was nothing. The sounds of the oldest prince commanding a whore to be brought to him. The sound of her mother hesitantly agreeing to 'entertain' the prince. The sounds of him having his way with her in the loveless act that gave life to her in this world. She knew those things couldn't be real, she hadn't even heard the prince speak, but it sounded so real, it was exactly how she'd imagine it. The bastard using his power to get what he wishes and to get rid off any unwanted consequences of his actions, such as herself, as if it was nothing. It angered and frustrated her, but she pressed on. She knew she couldn't stop at this.

4B455A3E-DE96-4C93-8A19-B14614B8E857.png

A rare smile illuminated Arias face, it wasn’t really like her to feel comfortable so quickly with a stranger. But this ranger had helped them out of such a difficult predicament. “V-very well..” she nodded as she put her hand down before embracing their rescuer. “..if you’re ever in Highgrove, tell them Aria sent you, you’ll be most welcomed.” The earthy smell about him filling her senses. It was a little awkward for her to do such things in front of the others, taking her place back among her company. A faint blush filled her cheeks as she glanced at Regula before watching the ranger disappear into the woods.

“After you m’lady..” Aria said as she started down the path, quickly matching her pace. “..this doesn’t seem so bad.” She remarked with an air of confidence.

Once further down the road, the air grew stale and somehow the environment became eerie, as if the space they were walking in itself became sick.
“W-what’s that?” She gasped, as she saw the silhouettes of men dressed in uniforms laughing and bragging. Splitting the spoils of her death.

“I-it’s them, the bastards that haunt my dreams!” She announced to herself as Aria drew her sword and ran to where the forest began, she glared. ”I have returned from the dead, traitors!! Prepare to meet your end!” Aria fought to not be blinded by her rage. The echoes of their laughs and mockery felt like a dagger to her heart. Surprisingly she began to weep, tears trailing down her cold expressionless face welling up at her chin before dropping onto the road. “Who sent you to kill me?!” She asked blindly almost begging for an answer. “Tell me!”

She hesitated taking a step forward and a step back from the illusions appearing before her. Panting with high emotions, the sound of Pierres engine however would keep her anchored to reality. “D-does anyone else see the scum before my eyes?” She asked the others holding her sword impeccably still out by her side. She wanted nothing more than to jump into the forest and attack her living nightmares. But that’s probably what this magic was intended to do.

Eventually catching up, Aria could still hear the voices emitting from the forest. She’d grit her teeth and look their way but ripped free from the rage and pressed on, [Focus F] remembering Silvesters warning about this path. “This is some foul magic indeed.” She finally managed, her voice cracking as she spoke.

•[Focus F]

Last edited:

Entering the forest Dark Witch had turned up the volume on all of her speakers and had strummed her way though the entrance of the forest (with a song similar to the background of Road Racing). Determined to drown out everything until they crossed the threshold Alex closed her eyes and focused all of her attention to standing on top of Pierre and playing for as long as she could. However, the forest wouldn't make this so easy. Despite her noise she heard the brush around them shiver as though something was crawling through them, begging for Alex to look at them, but she kept her eyes shut. It was the snap of a bow and the gently breeze of an arrow whizzing past her face that made her look, and she saw what she could only describe as her first demon.

50ns033tfgt31.jpg

A hooded cloak covered most of the form, but through what was exposed you could see the black leather that had been wrapped around their bodies and seared to their flesh. They didn't have a face anymore, just three slits where the leather didn't meet that revealed three sets of eyes darting all around them, only one being needed to stalk their prey. Red hot metal arrows were jutting from its back like a porcupine, arrows that she knew from stories they would pull from themselves and fire at her people, the demon blood boiling theirs if it made contact with their body.

Her heart beat increased, but through it she grinned. 'These guys aren't real: they're just the image that I had in my head of them when my buddies from home told me about them!' Her strumming stopped for the briefest of moments in her panic, but she continued on with a newfound confidence, determined to shake the trees from their roots. Even with her eyes closed again she could feel them leaping from tree to tree, letting loose the guttural chanting of death metal as they stalked their prey, but she continued to ignore them. She heard a scream from her mother somewhere in the forest, but Dark Witch kept her eyes closed, though she was sweating now. 'As if my mother would fall to these bozos. One metal warrior could take on an entire camp, eviscerating anything before they could get close! Besides, she would let me know if she tried to visit me...'

As though the forest heard her doubts a new sound entered her ear: the sound of chains clinking over each other and being dragged through the forest. Alex stopped her performance as the sound of her music could no longer be heard over the sound of her own heartbeat. She scanned the forest for the source of the sound, but it seemed to jump from one side of the road to the other before she could turn her head. Finally the sound was caught as she saw the origin of the sound, but it left her pale and in shock. Sitting perched in the crook of a tree branch was another demon, but this one had an entirely different level of energy than the assassins. Chains sprouted from its head like dreadlocks, draping over its body and ending in red hot meat hooks and clinked together well past where its body ended. Four horns jutted out of its head like a crown, and the only thing you could see of its face was its eyes and toothy smile. Its body wasn't covered in leather like the other demons, showing its twisted body in all of its glory, iron spikes jutting out of its arms like barbs.

She didn't know how it was possible, but she knew for a fact who she was looking at: the King of Demons. She wasn't even given a description of him, as no one in their right mind would give her a clear answer, but she could tell from the feeling in her heart to the tip of her hat he was accurate to the real thing. Her mind was sent into a panic: what if this was actually real, and her friends were in danger? Screw her friends, was she in danger?! The Demon King had sent hordes of demons in search of Dark Witch, and had she been caught before she could properly train? Then she hesitated, a grim realization coming to her face. Train for what, him? She was supposed to take him out?! With a battle cry that was more of a scream Dark Witch whipped her guitar around as though it were a mini-gun and fired off a rapid blast of purple lightning, determined to take out the tree he was perched on and the trees behind that.

Arcane Storm - Magic E, Music Affinity F, Spell Range F, Spell AOE F - bolts of violet energy strike in a 10 ft. area up to 10 ft. away - Grade E - 1 Post Cooldown

Pierre Rothel - RavenSong RavenSong Elvario Elvario lXlGamemaster lXlGamemaster
-. . .

For Pierre, it was a self-fulfilling prophecy. His nightmares had come to life in this magic-infested woods. It started with a very far-off sound, that of a shelling in the far distance. Then it was a gun-shot, closer by, but still far off. Then it was the sound of a Gatling gun. Slowly, yet steadily, the sounds of war and death crept closer and closer to where he was. Were he to let his turret stray off of the road ahead of him, he'd see it. Flashes of fire. Clouds of poison gas. Corpses. Enemies bleeding out. Allies bleeding out. He'd hear the cry for help from boys who's life hadn't even truly started yet. He'd hear the painful groans of men that would soon meet their maker. He'd see, between the treelines, in the distance, the horrible mutilated bodies of those hit by shelling and poison gas. Between them, he even saw the corpses of those he recognised from this life, crushed by familiar tank threads that were ever so familiar.
The moment he heard the far off sound of artillery, his speed slowed a bit, and progressively got slower as more familiar sounds of gunfire, both from the single bursts of Mauser Gewehr or Lee Enfield rifles, to the repetitive suppressive fire from m1917's, MP 18's, Gast Guns, MG 08's, Madsen firearms, Lewis guns, Vickers, Browning's, etc; drowning out the yells of commands, hatred, fear, pain and death in the forested warzone. Thinking back, he remembered about hearing stories from fellow soldiers about the Americans going on a siege spree against the Germans into the Argonne Forest. This hallucination, to his guess, was this; after all, he had not heard a single french speaker yet.. Mostly English and German.

By now, he had looked to his side to witness this through the treeline, and despite having been involved in this kind of stuff for so long, it still gave him that sense of dread upon the first time he set foot out of the trenches that he and his fellow soldiers were holed up in all those years ago. Having spotted the more familiar soldiers he had bonded with, he could only give a saddened sigh, as likely or not they may as well have died valiantly and gruesomely as he had himself.

Under his breath, which had been starting to grow quick harder, he thought he could feel the ground beneath him rumbling from the barrage of either heavy shells from artillery, grenades, or even the rare but unfortunate occurrence that a bullet hit a crate of explosive supplies.

Just barely he could hear Aria call out to him and the others, but it was enough to get out a response from him.. If only however.

« Il se trouve que je ne vois pas ce dont tu es témoin, Aria.. Mais je prie pour que ce ne soit pas ce que cette putain de malédiction me rappelle... »

("I happen to not see what you are witnessing, Aria.. But I pray that it isn't what this fucking curse is reminding me of...")

He called out to her in a tone of someone who was dead inside, but with a small hint of despair still there.

The crack of lightning from Alexandria's gutiar snapped him out of it though, as he turned his turret to look up to her.

"Dark Witch!? Focus! It's the cultist magic making you see whatever you're seeing!"

He only hoped to god for the best after this, and probably also wanted to just take a bath in warm water.. Maybe he should ask Regula if there's a place where they wash carriages?

SkXvtSk.jpg
Day: Seventh day of travel – eleventh day of travel
Time: Afternoon – late evening
Weather: Cloudy, but no rain – non-stop rain
Relevant dice rolls:
4 (lXlGamemaster) – Terrible weather

Regula didn't have much of a reply ready to her companions, as she was struggling enough to keep her own eyes and mind on the path ahead. For a second, she was worried when Aria ran off towards the trees, but luckily enough, the girl snapped out of it before she'd be lured further off the path. Regula wasn't sure what'd happen if someone ended up completely taken by the magic's mental manipulation, but she wasn't willing to find out. That said, Regula got half a heart attack when Dark Witch suddenly yelled out and forced everyone to dodge falling tree branches that her magic had ripped loose. The trunk itself managed to keep standing, but most of its leaves and branches were ripped off by the violent purple energy. The same happened to some of the trees behind it. Before Regula could call out, Pierre already did so. Hopefully it'd snap her back to reality.

Dark Witch, meanwhile, would merely see the Demon King hop over to the next tree with ease and smile at her, completely unscathed. Although her companions, Pierre in particular, would be able to break through to her, she could start feeling an odd sort of pull in the back of her mind to keep chasing the Demon King...

That's when a very loud bang echoed through the forest. Regula had resorted to firing her gun into the air, using it un-silenced in the hopes of snapping herself and the others out of whatever magic was working its way on them. The loud noise was definitely enough to make their ears and metal ring for a while. Although Aria was already focussed again, it'd give Dark Witch a chance to snap back out of it and even Regula herself even seemed to be a bit more focussed. “Let's get the hell out of here.”

As they kept going, the effect of the magic got weaker and weaker. It was clear they were leaving its effective area. Before long, it was gone altogether. It was around the same time that they left the forest. Regula gave a heavy sigh of relief, but it seemed like luck wasn't on their side just yet. They had only been out of the forest for half an hour at most when the first raindrop fell. Followed by another, and another... Within no-time it was pouring down at full force. Their vision was obscured, the path was muddied and they were soaked and cold in no-time. By the time they arrived in the next inn, huddling up in front of the fire was the only thought on Regula's mind.

However, as they proceeded the next day, it was still raining. The day after as well... and the day after that. Multiple days of travel with near constant rain ensured, enough to make them forget the meaning of 'dry' and almost come to terms with permanently being soaked in cold water. They even had to spent the night outdoors ones, trying to put up the tent to keep out the water, but failing to do so and having to spent the nights with drops and streams of water attacking them left and right through gaps and pieces...

It waas late into the evening of their eleventh day of travel when Regula tiredly broke down a bit. “I don't think I can see another drop of rain... I feel like I've forgotten what it's like to feel warm and dry. There should be an inn nearby, I think. Perhaps we can spent another night there and see if our bodies are still capable of producing warmth, because I'm starting to feel like I've lost that ability somewhere two days ago.”

B Grade Cooldowns (0/4)
  • Combustion Gun – Magic Affinity B, Combustion Affinity B,, gun-type weapon. - Character uses combustion magic to fire a bullet from their gun. - Grade B – 4 Post Cooldown.

8ACB5CB0-8F7B-4B46-9767-948997C9A00E.png

Aria dodged falling branches, teleporting as soon as she saw the magic at work. It seemed dark witch was beginning to lose it, yet before she could run up to her and shake her by the shoulders Regulas gun echoed like thunder through the trees and canopies. Aria flinched with a gasp. She turned to look at Regula with a nod of agreement. “Most definitely m’lady.. let’s pick up the pace.” Starting to pick up her walk to a jog.

Once out of the forest Aria sighed deeply. “Can’t believe how real the illusion magic was in there..” she chuckled nervously. “..let’s not go through this forest again if we ever come back this way.” She suggested as the drops of rain began to fall on her head, then quickly soaking her through.

“When it rains, it pours.” she rolled her eyes sarcastically through her deadpan expression. After slipping a few times and falling in puddles that didn’t look as deep as they seemed, she finally made it inside of the inn. She huddled up to Regula and Dark Witch, maybe even a bit too close as Aria trembled uncontrollably and thawed out the cold.

“Brrr.. I c-can’t f-feel my feet..” she said as her once shiny, silvery hair now dripped with rain water. Her clothes were drying above the fire, as she now held onto Regula “..how much longer until we get to Light territory anyway?” She asked.

More days would go by and the endless rain continued to fall upon the land, swelling the rivers and refilling the watersheds. Aria looked out the window, as she let out a sigh from her warm bed in the inn, her eyes still closed. “Ugh! Don’t tell me it’s still raining!” She exclaimed as she pulled the covers down from her face. “It’s almost been a week straight! How long will this last?” Her tempered voice showed hints of frustration.

The following days were brutal, sleeping out in the rain, failing to create a capable shelter and endlessly walking through rain and gust. At this point she was at her wits end, but she wouldn’t show it, she was too tired, cold and wet to even think of complaining. She walked, and thought about the reasons she set out of Highgrove in the first place. She thought of her village, the freshly baked bread in the morning, the smell of breakfast cooking in the inn as she cleaned up the used bottles and glasses left from the night before.

Structure was a thing of the past now, she only had her companions to lean on.

She would get close to Regula as she began to speak, her arms as close to her body as she could keep them and one of her eyes was shut from the direction the wind was blowing as she squinted through the rain. “Let us hope so..” she said with a surprisingly calm voice. “I think I see a light just down the road behind those trees..” she said pointing out in the direction she was looking. “..I feel the same as you m’lady, would you like for me to carry you?” Aria had even forgotten how to joke around it seemed.

The combination of Pierre's shout and Regula's gun was able to shock Alex back into reality but her hair was still on end. She could still hear the chains of the Demon King slink across the ground, prowling behind her like an unattended tiger. Brushing the wood chips off of her coat she sat down on top of the tank with her guitar at her side. She patted the tank to let him know that she was better, but she wasn't entirely sure herself. Her grip on the neck of the guitar tightened, but she didn't play any songs for the rest of the trip through the forest. With the presence of the Demon King so close, she was afraid that the magic of the forest would cause her to start playing demon music again, warping her into something her friends would have to deal with...

When everyone had left the forest they all made a collective sigh of relief. "I'm totally ok with never going through there again." Alex agreed with Aria. Pulling her witch hat below her eyes she apologized to her traveling companions. "I was supposed to be helping everyone go through the forest, but it looks like I made the most trouble..." She felt something fall onto her hand, and looking at it she noticed that it was a raindrop. As if on cue with how she felt, the sky began to pour down with rain.

Unfortunately the gloom that came with the rain didn't help the mood that she was in, and the fact that it didn't seem to end made her feel worse. She didn't play music for the longest time, but eventually started playing simple solos in order to summon barriers so they could set up their tent in peace. A few nights she sat and tuned her guitar, replacing the strings that had been frayed in her confrontation in the woods. It wasn't that she was still scared of the Demon King, but it was the fact that she would have to go against him one day, maybe sooner than later. Her confidence in herself was shaken, and it was something that she didn't know how to get around.

Sleep must have taken her eventually, as she found herself in a field of red flowers from her home world. She recognized where she was: in the distance she could see the massive stone sword that represented the Land of Metal's capitol. Walking foreward a bit she found her mother sitting on the edge of a cliff, overlooking the land below. She saw Alex and patted the ground next to her, and she was glad to take it.

"You're troubled."

"I... saw the Demon King."

The Metal Witch nodded and picked one of the nearby flowers, twirling it around in her fingers. "Few survive an encounter with him."

"He wasn't... real." She said shakily, unsure that the conversation they were having was real or not either. "He didn't even fight me. I wasn't a threat to him at all."

"That will be his greatest weakness." Her mother explained. "He doesn't see humans as a challenge, but in his ignorance he fails to see our greatest strength." She took Alex's hands in hers and placed the flower into her palm. "Our ability to grow. You will grow stronger, and you'll be able to carry the burden that's been placed upon you. But you won't do it alone: you have your friends and your family by your side, through the fire and the flames."

She and her mother hugged and she was awoken by thunder outside of the tent. She looked around, still seeing Aria and Regula sleeping. When she went to go back to tuning her guitar she noticed her clenched hand, and she opened it to reveal the flower her mother had given to her.

The next few days it seemed like Alex had gone back to normal, trying to lighten the mood with catchy upbeat songs and providing barriers to try and make dry patches as they marched. The promise of an inn after these days caught in the rain sounded like heaven on earth to her ears. "We've gotten this far, so a little bit farther shouldn't be too hard. Just imagine the fresh food they'll serve when we get there." The thought of freshly baked bread was enough to make Alex's mouth water, and it definitely put a pep in her step.

Pierre Rothel - Aria [@RavenSong ] Regula [ Elvario Elvario ] Alexandria [ lXlGamemaster lXlGamemaster ]
- Weather's a bitch ain't it?

Having been near the front of the group, Pierre only felt the need to speed up a bit to avoid the descending trees, and by then once that part was out of the way, he turned his turret to his comrades.

"Is everyone alright?" He asked with concern, and once having heard their agreements with Regula too get out of the place, Pierre nodded in agreement, and took that answer for a yes.

Once they had made it out though, Pierre had been the only one of the group to not sigh in relief, but actually sigh in guilt; Having seen recognizable comrades in his past life like that made him think hard about where they were in the war now, and if they had made it through, died in combat, or lost and surrendered. Silently praying that his comrades lived on, he continued forwards with the rest.

These next few days were filled with rain, and as concerned he was for his friends with the possibilities of them catching colds, he himself just accepted it in appreciation for the fact that he could refuel off of the puddles formed on the ground. He would've offered them to hop on inside his hull, but he then remembered the crates and the shipment, so fat L there.

As of now, the weather had not changed much, but at least Alexandria was keeping the mood chipper.

"We've all come a long way, so yes Dark Witch, I am in agreement with you there. If only I was a warm blooded organic being.. Then I would be able to enjoy the bread and feel the warm soft matress and covers too instead of simply sitting about in a carriage house. But alas, might be for the better anyway because I might thrash around like I'm having a seizure from the potential nightmares that forest gave us."

All that was composed of: Agreement, Gloomy longing, and then a quick joke with himself as the butt of it.

"But.. Erm.. I don't want to cause discomfort.. but... Would any of you.. Like to discuss what was seen back there..? You don't have to.. I was just hoping that maybe we could find comfort in communicating and help eachother?"

He had a feeling this was gonna cause backlash, but it was worth a try. Sometimes you just gotta get it off your chest and talk it over, right?

Regula
Day: Eleventh day of travel – twelfth day of travel
Time: Late evening – early morning
Weather: Non-stop rain – sunshine and a cool breeze
Relevant dice rolls:
4 (lXlGamemaster) – Terrible weather
11 (Beetlebuggo) - Great weather, great roads, easy going, interesting sights to behold.

Even with the short moments of respite from Alex's improvised magic shelter, there was very little they could do to keep out the rain for any considerable amount of time. Regula was in too bad of a mood to respond to Aria's attempt at a joke, nor did Alex's words of encouragement do much for her. The weather made for a perfectly miserable situation to keep thinking about the magic in that blasted forest as well, which made it both a mental and a physical torment. As if catching up to that, Pierre suddenly brought it up. “I'd rather not go into detail, but one of the things I saw was the woman that me and Aria failed to help back in the magic Duchy.” She simply responded. “The rest of it... I'd rather not discuss it right now, I need to think things through first. Though you can share whatever haunted you, if you wish to... We should rest for now, though, as it looks like we won't make it to the inn today either and we'll have to camp outside yet again.” She didn't desire to be open about her doubts and worries; not while she needed to be strong and competent enough to be seen as a potential future queen.

However, as if the weather was in agreement with Pierre about clearing the air, during the night the storm-clouds finally broke up. When they woke up the next day, the sun was shining brightly and a cool breeze made for the most pleasant awakening they'd had whilst camping thus far. If any of them wanted to continue the conversation Pierre started the day before, now would be a great time to do so.

While they were talking, however, a very peculiar sight showed itself on the far horizon. As they were getting closer to it, Regula was getting visibly excited. It was difficult not to be intrigued by such an impressive and peculiar sight, after all. Besides, who didn't have a bit of child-like awe at something so large and impressive?

The Looming Circles
Di1s7zf.jpg

The moment they had a good view on the odd 'circles' engrained into the terrain, Regula spoke up. “I've read a little bit about this place when preparing the journey. It's said these things were made so long ago that nobody remembers who made them or what they're for. They're called the looming circles, if I recall correctly. They're quite fascinating, aren't they? It's a shame we don't have time to get closer and figure out what they're made off.”

Alex didn't think it was odd to question what any of them saw. In fact, it would have been weird if no one had brought any attention to it, especially since she had blown up the way she had.

"My vision has a kind of lengthy explanation. See, there's a prophecy about how one day I'll defeat the King of Demons. Ever since then I've been sent from world to world in hopes that I'll become strong enough to defeat him. When we were in the forest... I saw who I was up against for the first time. For a moment I forgot where we were and was afraid that the demons had followed me to this world, but thankfully that wasn't the case."

As the rain stopped and they continued their trek through the woods they could see a break through the trees that showed the massive circles looming off in the distance. A sense of nostalgia washed over Alex, as her home also had random landmarks like that dotted all across the world. The fact that they were here made her mind wander: were these entirely unique, or (by some random chance) were they possibly made by the same person? Probably not, but she liked the idea as they continued their journey.

4F802A8F-D1F7-4050-B57F-BD7B45D429FA.png

When Regula mentioned the woman they felt had failed to save Aria looked away. Remembering the horrors the woman was put through for petty name smearing and acts of arson without really being evaluated. Aria comforted herself by reminding herself - that the culture was likely different. People operated under different circumstances and laws. Which was what kept the world in a certain balance.
However, many aspects of society could be immensely changed for the better without the greed and recklessness of certain nobles. Or authorities who abuse their power. However well thought out, Arias feelings on the matter were not very positive, making a note to inquire further if ever possible. And pay a visit to Lord Doriels orphanage if found guilty and with evidence to prove it.

-

After Regula announced they’d be staying in the pouring rain another night, Aria sighed. However, as tired and soaked as she was she began to look around in the forest near where the group had set up for the night. She soon found a tree with a low branch large enough to support her and sat soon after stretching her muddied limbs. After a futile attempt to fix her hair Aria looked out into the pouring rain falling from the leaves and took a deep breath as rain water dripped from her fair features.

After listening to Dark Witch’s story, a bit of surprise drew silently on Arias features. She began softly, “So.. when you’re strong enough you’ll return to your world to defeat this.. King of Demons?” She was curious of her great mission before she remembered she hadn’t requested anything musical of her, a hopeful smile suddenly drew on her lips. “Hm.. you wouldn’t happen to know of any ballads on your instrument would you?”

-

She’d look back into the eternal pitter patter of the rain upon the trees and forest floor. She hesitated for a bit, unable to even know where to start. “I.. I think I was killed in a previous life..” she looked down at her muddied hands. “..I fought for many years, to bring a better future to my world. Many.. so many died for this dream.. I was the crown jewel of the resistance, a strategist of immense renown and fame.. I was too late to discover the betrayal.. but when I did I was murdered on the eve of my vengeance. Me and those with me would have ripped asunder the corruption that had festered in our ranks..” tears would unknowingly fall from her cheeks, mixed with the rain, it was impossible to tell. Yet, in spite of Arias serious demeanor it was obvious this topic hurt her deeply. “..I too want to return to a world beyond this one. And put an end to their miserable existence..” she collected herself after a bit of silence. “..But first, I’ll do what I can to help here.”

—-

In the hours that followed they eventually reached a great scene in the distance. Aria had never seen or heard anything like the looming circles before them. The war maiden would squint as the sun began to heat up the land, shielding her eyes as they still got accustomed to the daylight. “Hmm.” She hummed with curiosity, then glanced at Regula as she spoke about the eerie sight before them. “This world seems to hold many secrets m’lady..” she said with an almost monotone voice. “..perhaps we can pay this site a visit later, seeing as your curiosity is as piqued as mine.” She looked back towards the horizon, she didn’t really have much to say or think about the looming circles other than they looked ancient. Surely they were guarded, or perhaps inhabited. She looked back towards the road the towards the others. “Shall we move on?”

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back