• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Graded [Frontier] The Queen, The Tank, The Sword and their Weapon Transport

This RP is part of the Isekai Hell group. It will follow Regula, Aria and Pierre as they bring a shipment of weapons from the capital towards count Linneus Light's territory.

Regula
UcAhsyc.jpg
Mentions: Aria RavenSong RavenSong | Pierre Beetlebuggo Beetlebuggo
Day: First day of travel.
Time: Early morning.
Weather: Clear skies, the sun is rising.

Wiping the sweat off of her brow, Regula sighed. She was tired, yet satisfied. She'd been working at Rossle's forge for the entire night and for most of the nights and days before today. Truth be told, she'd lost lack of how many days she'd been working on this project. The only breaks she'd gotten were to eat and to sleep, which she timed as best as she could with whenever Rossle himself needed to use the forge. The latter meant she'd been working at odd hours and late into the night. Luckily enough, with Pierre offering to arrange material transport, she'd been able to sent him out to obtain the raw materials needed for this 'industry' she was working on.

She wasn't used to mass-producing weapons, but by now, she'd gotten the hang of it. The end result; five steel spears (D grade), five sets of heavy plate armour (D grade), five steel shields (D grade), five steel swords (C grade), five heavy chain mail armours (D grade) and 5 iron shields (E grade). They should hopefully be good enough quality and suitably made for Linneus' elite guards and make for a great present. Just to be safe, however, she figured she'd also bring some raw material and tools as a back-up. She could always fine-tune or reforge things if needed, assuming Linneus had a forge somewhere in his county.

While working, she figured she might as well offer to look at Aria's gear and Pierre's... being? It was tough to call it Pierre's armour when it was pretty much his body and skin, but at the same time, it really worked just like armour. That said, now that both were fairly prominently employed by her, she could hardly let them go around with low-quality gear. After all, the shiny-ness gear of her employers would now also reflect upon her talents as a blacksmith and overall competence. A better quality of their gear would also directly increase her chance of success and having them be more useful, for that matter. Either way, it looked like today was finally the day to get going! Well... except for a few final things to take into account. She looked at the crates of weapons and supplies. They were going to need to finalise their plan.

The moment Aria and Pierre arrived, she got straight into it. The other two would probably notice she looked a little sleep-deprived, having been too focused on getting everything done in time, but she was still optimistic. “Alright, I calculated that it will take us about three weeks to get to count Linneus' territory. Transporting this many weapons through portals is a a huge hassle and I don't have the funds to make it work, so the long walk is our best option. I've already mapped out a route and we should have enough supplies, with some luck, we'll only have to camp outdoors a few times, but if you two have any additional ideas or suggestions, this would be the time for them. I'd rather not realise we forgot something important after a week of travelling~”

She then looked at Pierre. “Ah, there's also the practical aspect, such as figuring out how we're going to fit all this inside of you.” Saying that still felt really weird. “Or perhaps on top? Whatever you think works best.” Considering the amount of weapons, extra materials and rations, they'd better be smart about packing Pierre. “Ah, right, good morning, by the way~” She said, realising she hadn't even greeted the other two properly yet.

Last edited by a moderator:
93715B05-2435-4FF9-AE4B-805D8DBDAC0D.png

After a rejuvenating time at the bath house, Aria felt recovered in a much deeper way than having a couple days of sleep. However, now it was back to her duties with a much clearer mind.

Aria would arrive first, stepping through the door she walked through a few days before, to have her weapons upgraded along with chainmail armor. A most generous act, in payment for this journey. She was far from being a mercenary, she would have done it regardless, but the war maiden couldn't deny the martial advantage these additions would provide. She seemed to glow with excitement as she walked down the hall towards Regula, her silver hair flowing behind her gracefully. “Regula!” She exclaimed, as she rushed to hug her. “It’s good to see you again.”

After the embrace, her attention was then brought to a series of crates, her eyes in deep surprise at its contents. “..whoa.. those are exquisitely made!” She was deeply impressed at the craftsmanship. She then turned to look at Regula, her fair eyes appeared visibly tired, but determined to make this shipment a reality. She wouldn’t inquire however, Aria trusted that if she needed a break she would mention it or simply do so. Besides, Aria was rested enough, maybe she could nap for a few hours while she kept watch.

“You’ve been hard at work I see..” she began. “..these will definitely be a great fit for Lord Lights guard.” She nodded in approval.

Upon mention of them having to sleep outside for a few days, Aria pondered. There wasn’t anything to really consider other than a possible ambush for the shipment. Surely bandits and brigands would wander about the woodlands and such a weapons cache would make for a worthy mark, yet they weren’t much of a concern to Aria as her abilities and constitution both mental and physical had become increasingly polished. A newfound confidence seemed to radiate from her. Although, a bit of [Survival] outdoor knowledge would have been a good to take up.

She’d shake her head. “No suggestions from me m’lady, I’m ready to depart when necessary.” Her gaze would scan the forge however, as if looking for someone. “Where is our strange carriage friend Pierre?” Perhaps she heard the sound of his treads, and squeaky lightly oiled gears turning down the street, or was she hearing things?

Last edited:
Pierre Rothel - @RavenSong, Elvario Elvario
- Progressing on the outside, hindered on the inside.

6B38BB0B-B345-4576-B908-CD23C68C406D.jpeg

——-

Aria’s point would prove correct, as their metal carriage friend wasn’t there yet. But he would arrive eventually.

Water dripped from the soaked treads as they rolled their course for Pierre, who was on route to the forge after spending the night in a nearby lake. Although he didn’t really feel the need to actually sleep, the things that were fresh on his mind were certainly taking a toll on his mental state.

(Mind)
‘Just shut it out for later. We have a job today and private conflicts are not needed. You’ve killed before in the war, so why does that faze you? You’ve seen dead civilians at Nivelle. And while this time it wasn’t your fault that those people at the duchy got crushed..

Oh what the fuck am I kidding?! I was still a factor to their deaths!’

Pierre let out a frustrated and exhausted huff as his attempts at mentally reassuring himself weren’t really working. He would’ve considered maybe talking about it to one of his two work buddies/ friends, but he also felt that he shouldn’t burden them at a time like this.

He could see the forge just further up ahead, but he stopped before he could progress further.

He sighed, before shaking his turret a bit and taking a deep breath.

The Tank was the last to arrive, Stopping by the front doors.

“Madam Regula, Madam Aria, it is wonderful to see you two again. How was it for you at the duchy?”

He softly greeted, turing his turret to the left to face the two women. Internally he facepalmed at wording it like that.

Regula
UcAhsyc.jpg
Time: Early morning.

“I'm glad you think so!” Regula happily replied at the compliments her weapons were getting. She'd be rather devastated if her hard working during these past days would end up being wasted. “You're looking pretty dazzling in that new armour and with that new gear yourself~ It really gives me good value for my effort!” She said, appreciating her own work on Aria's gear.

Aria seemed to be fine to go whenever, so all that was left was for Pierre to arrive. Regula shivered at the mention of the Duchy. As amazing as the bathhouse had been, the affair with the woman in the stocks was fresher on her mind. “We ran into some complications, which wasn't great... Perhaps we'll discuss them once we're on our way, but thanks to Michael's group, we got the job done and we even had some time to visit the most amazing bathhouse ever.” She gave him a short explanation of events, deciding to leave the details for when they were on the move.

“We should get to business though, daylight is wasting!” She said, as she picked up one of the crates filled with shields. “Just tell us where you want all this to go, inside, on top or elsewhere~ I've got enough rope to tie things down if needed.” Despite her clear tiredness, she was cheerful. After all, she was looking forwards to this trip a fair bit. One thing to note was that the crates were relatively small, as the larger weapons had been disassembled, such as the spears being a crate of spearheads and a bundle of strong poles. The latter would hopefully making transporting everything a lot easier. Even so, it'd probably be very important to sort out where each crate was going, as it would make it easier for Pierre to carry them and the exact location of certain crates might be of importance later down the line.

There was one large crate with all 10 shields (which Regula was currently holding), two medium crates with armour, one medium crate with 5 spearheads and 5 swords and a bundle of spear poles. Furthermore, there were two smaller crates with rations, two medium crates with extra material for blacksmithing, a small crate with blacksmithing tools and there was a tent and two bedrolls for when they'd have to spent the night outdoors. “Just tell us where you want it and we'll get to packing~” She said, urging Pierre to figure out how to carry it.

DF925AD9-ED71-46BC-B3F8-51E4400C4DD8.png

Aria would resist blushing at Regulas compliment, being a bit of a tomboy Aria wasn’t used to receiving any form of flattery, so upon such things she’d get a bit fidgety. “D-dazzling? why.. thank you m’lady.. it’s fine work, and this chainmail weighs surprisingly light.” her movements had a bit of a cling to them as the chain links moved to adjust to Arias movements. The chain shirt would be worn underneath her clothes, although the links could be seen at the exposed part below her neck and at the end of her sleeves.

Before she could continue about the exquisiteness of the blacksmith's workshop however, as if on queue the iron tank had arrived. Aria couldn’t resist but tilt her head at the war machine's frame, he seemed changed, maybe it was the changes to his hull. “Pleasant morning, sir Pierre..” Aria greeted as if speaking to any other person, by now she had grown accustomed to the fact that this was a living and maybe breathing? Sentient war machine. She wasted no time picking up one of the boxes before following Regula. “..it’s surely been a while, last I remember you were stuffed full of dead bloodied rabbits.. now.. it appears we’re stuffing you with a lovely shipment of weapons!” She chuckled softly.

A sudden dread seemed to suddenly awaken within Aria at mention of the events that took place at the duchy. She looked away, the war maiden couldn’t shake the idea that they might have failed that woman, and that they had potentially let a dangerous criminal get away, it was all speculation though.

“You would have loved the bathhouse Pierre yo-“ she suddenly caught herself, do sentient war machines enjoy baths? “..well, you would have loved it.”

Without wasting any more time however, she placed her box down, heading back and forth bringing more boxes while Regula and Pierre figured out where everything would go.

Last edited:
Pierre Rothel - Aria RavenSong RavenSong - Regula Elvario Elvario
-The Layout Decision
1654474432068.png

Pierre's tone took a slight comforting end as the blacksmith and Militiant explained how their duchy trip, frankly it also had helped Pierre feel a bit of a connection to the two in terms of
"Oh.. I'm sorry to hear that Regula, Maybe hopefully things could go better if we go there next time?"

He hoped that would likely try and cheer her up and give hope for if they ended up back there again, but to his dismay, he will not be able to keep in his experience at the duchy to himself for much longer on the road.. For now he would only hope that they would understand.

Looking to Aria's explanation, he chuckled a bit and decided to add in a little humor.

" Aria, it's been rather a long time since I last bathed in warm fresh waters. Last I remember it had a fresh Ivory and lemon scent, and the water was so hot that steam would be coming off your body for more than 2 hours whenever we rolled out to dry in the sun. Or cold, depending on the season. It was more of a hot spring if you think about it more, but anyway. Yes.. I guess I would've loved it."

Okay, that was technically a half truth. He wasn't really sure if hot springs existed in this world, but if they did then he needed a nostalgia bathe. The ivory and lemon part had actually been from his days in Academy when he and a large group of others would meet on weekends after discovering a massive spring in the woods behind the building. Fun times they were.

He turned his attention back to Regula, who had brought out the crates he was gonna carry.

There was one large crate with all 10 shields (which Regula was currently holding), two medium crates with armour, one medium crate with 5 spearheads and 5 swords and a bundle of spear poles. Furthermore, there were two smaller crates with rations, two medium crates with extra material for blacksmithing, a small crate with blacksmithing tools and there was a tent and two bedrolls for when they'd have to spent the night outdoors. “Just tell us where you want it and we'll get to packing~” She said, urging Pierre to figure out how to carry it.
Listening carefully and observing each crate, he took some time to think things over before deciding.

"Okay, I think I have my decision. The Heaviest crates, which I presume to be the armor and Shields, should be packed into the floor of my interior. The Shield crate goes in the front of my interior on the Driver's seat. And the Armor crates should be stacked on one another deeper in. 1 crate of Rations and materials each are to be stacked on top of the armor crates so that they can be accessed easily by opening the hatch on the back or top of my turret. The Bedrolls and Tent can probably fit into the sidebox compartment. This leaves the Crate of Spearheads, Swords and Spear poles, and the rest of the rations and materials to be tied onto my hull."

Regula
UcAhsyc.jpg
Time: Noon
Relevant dice roll: 7 (RavenSong) – guard inspection

It was a bit surprising to see Aria get fidgety at obtaining a compliment, but that definitely made Regula want to compliment her more. Now it was no longer a mission to just admire her own work in action, but also to tease the girl. That said, Aria would be spared for now, as there was other business to conduct. Upon bringing up the rabbits, Regula smiled a bit. “That big one was surprisingly tough, but I'll say they tasted amazing.”

She didn't comment on the bathhouse and Pierre. Could a sentient metal carriage even feel or smell? Apparently he could, as he admitted to missing a lemony scent. She then wondered if he wouldn't start rusting, but figured that was a topic for another day.

Right now, they had crates to pack. With a fair bit of twisting and turning, they managed to fit the bigger crates through the hatch and onto the interior bottom. The rations and materials were a lot easier to fight through there, although the side-box compartment in particular was amazing for easy storage of the tent and bedrolls. After that, it was only a matter of tying the remaining crates to the hull. With some balancing and considerations, they eventually managed to pack the crates pretty firmly on there. After having worked so long on it, Regula didn't want the risk of losing them, after all. “Alright, we're all good to go~” She said, as they were finally ready to start off their journey.

For the first part, everything went smooth. Of course they were drawing in some attention. People weren't used to seeing a metal carriage drive by without being pushed or pulled in any manner. The two ladies accompanying it also stood out a bit, for that matter. Luckily enough, it wasn't anything too bad and nobody was brave or foolish enough to get in their way...

Until they reached the gates. A group of guard was standing by, simply observing people leaving whilst using scanning orbs on those entering. However, when they saw Pierre, they moved into the way to stop them.

City Guard
9bmIv8s.jpg
WDDYdQX.jpg

”Halt, routine search.” He said, as he eyed Pierre with curious eyes. Whether he was simply curious or whether this was warranted was unclear, but they'd best deal with it in either case. “Please open up these crates so we can check their contents.”

Regula was not happy to hear that, as they'd have to undo all their hard work from this morning, but she knew there was little they could do against it. However, the moment she'd untied and opened up the first crate, one of the guards looked at her with suspicion. “For what purpose are you transporting weapons in that odd metal carriage of your?”

“I'm a blacksmith, I made them for count Linneus Light and plan to personally deliver them.”

“Do you have the order for them?”

Regula panicked a little, realising she'd messed up. “Ah, no, they're a gift.”

The guard squinted. He was clearly suspicious. It wasn't illegal to transport weapons, but using Pierre had made them stand out and whilst she didn't have many weapons, it could be just enough to cause a riot if put in the wrong hands. She wondered what she could say or do to make the guards less suspicious. Perhaps Aria or Pierre had an idea? Then again, she wasn't sure if Pierre speaking up would be a good thing, as his horselessness was already standing out a lot. Showing sentience might only make things worse, or perhaps it would instead distract the guards and make them stop wondering about the weapons? She wasn't sure, so the best she could do was to hope that her companions had an idea on how to get this to proceed a little more smoothly.

8645239A-EAEB-4013-80D0-363BD23C8DF2.png

Aria made the last few knots after Regula threw some of the ropes her way. Placing a foot on the tread of the tank she pulled with a good amount of force so as to keep things secured. “Good.. this just about does it.” She said as she wiped a little sweat with her sleeve from her brow.

Aria would walk on the opposite side that Regula was walking on, keeping up with Pierre. She’d look at the people looking at their outlandish party, Pierre surely attracted a lot of attention, perhaps once they were out in the woods she’d suggest they’d strap some branches. Maybe a walking bush would be less conspicuous?

Once they arrived at the gate, she wasn’t surprised the guards would make an inspection. They stood out, and of course the weapons crates left much to the imagination. Once things started getting a bit uncomfortable for Regula however Aria interfered.

“Well met sir..” she started, a stern dutiful tone overtaking her voice. “.. I have a summons from Linneus Light himself, I’m the [Champion of Light] you’ve certainly heard of me. I defend Highgrove from both outside and domestic enemies..” she summoned a letter she’d received when she was summoned to Light territory months before. The letter wasn’t dated, and mentioned Aria by name with the seal of the count. “..this is the summons.” She recalled as she showed the guard the parchment. “These weapons are a token of gratitude on behalf of the people of Highgrove for arriving in our time of need, and to his guard for showing utmost courage in the face of certain death. Without lord Light we would have surely been overrun by the fiends at our border.”

Last edited:
Pierre Rothel - Aria RavenSong RavenSong , Regula Elvario Elvario

Tank's Inquiry
--

Pierre stood, slightly unsure whether he should communicate or stay silent to not appear sentient. While he understood it was unusual for this new world's folk to see things like himself, in the sense of being a horseless carriage made of metal, he couldn't help it but to feel slightly embarrassed as he gave his choice to be reincarnated as a machine more thought.. Yeah, He should've looked into that one more. But oh well, can't go back on it now, so he'll have to make do with what he has. And with what he has now, he felt that this was a bit of a smooth start, minus the slime fiasco or the Rabbit chaos. Speaking of the slime, he thought back about Finn, Ophenia, 7, and Ida; Wondering how they were holding up after the debacle. He took a small note for that the next time he meets one of those individuals to check in on them and make sure their morale is maintained.

He wanted to step in for Regula's aid, but Aria beat him to it with the revelation that she was Count Linneus's champion. That garnered some silent admiration, impressment, and praise from the Tank, who slightly glanced with his barrel to her with a small nod.

He slowly looked back at the curious guard who eyed him, slightly staring into his eyes with his barrel before examining the man's armor. The Chainmail for the head and torso portion appeared well crafted, and the sword held in the sheath by his side was a solid one. A well rounded guard if you asked the Tank, but he wouldn't want to vocalize that, but instead do something else.

Making a small rev with his engine, Pierre made a single inch with one of his treads, which subsequently tilted his hull a tiny bit to the left. His barrel looked up and scanned over each of the guards, making it seem he was looking at them in curiosity.

Regula
UcAhsyc.jpg
Time: Early evening
Weather: Clear skies, the sun is setting.
Relevant dice rolls: 7 (RavenSong) – Guard Inspection
11 (Beetlebuggo) - Great weather, great roads, easy going, interesting sights to behold.

As Regula was starting to stress out a little, Aria came to the rescue. It surprised Regula a little, something she took care not to show, as Aria seemed to have the perfect excuse at the ready.

City Guard
9bmIv8s.jpg
WDDYdQX.jpg

The guard raised an eye-brow at Aria's story. “Hand me that.” He said, as he read through the letter. “If they're from the people of Highgrove, why do you not have their order?” He asked, looking at Regula again.

The latter had finally managed to come up with an excuse. “Ah, I'll admit that was an oversight on my end. I'm not the best at business yet, so I forgot to make the deal official and I'm hoping to finalise it upon arrival. That's why I've brought the extra materials as well.” She really wasn't great at deception, but there was some truth packed into there. Hopefully it was enough to make the excuse work.

The guard didn't seem entirely convinced, but he was a little distracted. He could've sworn that odd metal carriage was... looking at him? He didn't like it, as it felt like he was being watched by it somehow, even though it was just a construct. That's when the tank suddenly moved the tiniest bit, as if scanning him. The guard almost jumped back a bit from surprise, before mumbling. “Just scan the two and have them and that carriage of theirs be on their way.”

Another guard nodded, quickly using a seeing orb on Regula and Aria. “Nothing criminal or monster and their claims of being a blacksmith and champion hold up.” The guard said, looking satisfied by the results.

The first guard looked a little relieved, not having to deal with them as potential criminals or other, as he nodded. “Alright, you're free to move on. Have a nice day, ladies.” He said, getting out of the way and allowing them to pass through the city gates.

uquE04w.jpg

Their journey out of the city went by smoothly. The weather was great, the roads were safe and their path was scenic. They'd been following a path along a smaller creek for a while now, with the calmly flowing water adding to the soothing nature of their trip here. It was already evening, as they'd have gone through some quick rations whilst on the way, trying to cover as big a distance as they could whilst they still had daylight. It looked like they were going to be able to make it to the next inn with ease, which even gave them some time to admire the landscape around them.

Regula in particular was drawn to a castle upon a hill in the distance. “Could you imagine yourselves living there?” She asked her companions. She herself had grown up in a mansion, but she'd lived in a castle for a considerable time of her life as well. She'd struggled getting used to living in a small house in the city and admittedly missed some of the luxuries from her previous life. However, from what she'd gathered, her travelling companions were entirely unfamiliar to the 'rich' life.

Thinking about the 'good' castle life also made her wonder about some other things. “Say, Aria, what type of castle or mansion does count Light possess?” The man's style might say some things about him, after all. She also wondered about something else. “Oh, and Pierre, before I forget, it might be a bit awkward, but would you be okay staying in the stables or carriage house if we're staying in an inn? I don't think there's any place that has a better room for you.”

Last edited:
CCCA027B-37C1-4129-9678-201D0319A9F1.png

Her stoic expression wouldn’t waver when the guard snatched the parchment from her hands. Arias eyes rested upon the steel and chain mail clad frame of the guard as he went through the letters contents, looking at the other guards then glancing at Pierre. Luckily, the guards question was answered well enough by Regulas quick mix of truths.

Aria would resist a chuckle all too well as they seemed to feel a certain discomfort around Pierre. She wouldn’t bring further attention to it however.

After they were scanned with the black orb a bright but sarcastic smile drew upon her face. “Lovely day to you as well, gentlemen.”

Once out of the sights of the guard she relaxed with a sigh. “Well, that went better than I thought..” she confessed as she looked back. “..for a second there I thought they were onto us.” She then turned her gaze towards Pierre as his engine hummed beside them. “They certainly were very fond of you, sir Pierre.” She said jokingly. “Did you see the look on that guard's face when you started moving?”

Walking through the countryside seemed like a change of pace for Aria. The creek flowing besides them made her think of the times when they smelled horrible and desperately sought out a bathhouse. She smiled to herself, before Regula revealed she was reminiscing about other things as she brought the castle in the distance to everyone’s attention.

Aria would ponder a bit. “Hmm, I imagine there would be no cold water baths?” She shrugged, she only knew about castle living from what she would hear. “Perhaps all the food you could ever want, and maybe servants that wash all of your clothes?” She felt clueless about it, so she felt it might be okay to confess her ignorance. “In all honesty m’lady, I haven’t the faintest clue.. “ Aria didn’t want to give away her initial thought that she couldn’t recollect her past whatsoever, she maybe only remembered the last four or five years of her life. “..bartending, breaking up fights and waitressing is more or less everything I’ve known before venturing out of Highgrove.

Upon Regulas inquiry about the counts dwellings her face illuminated, “Why, he has the finest decorations! He has flowers picked fresh every morning, his servants are all immensely attentive, but.. who wouldn’t want to serve as kind, of a noble as him? I couldn't say I’ve seen his personal quarters but his castle is a sight to behold m’lady.”

Aria would hold Regulas arm suddenly leaning in to ask a question, “Are you nervous to meet him?”

Last edited:
Pierre Rothel - RavenSong RavenSong Elvario Elvario
1654726993846.png
-- Smooth start, and a headspinner.

--- "Speaking" 'Muttering/whispering' 'Thoughts'

Pierre got to moving once the guards let them leave, and once far enough, he let out a hum as his mind trailed to those orbs the Guards were using. 'Part of me thought they would try to communicate with me. And those orbs.. What exactly are their purpose..?' He had said that to himself early on during their scenic start on this trip, and still occasionally pondered back to it every now and then when not talking to Regula and Aria, or focusing on the route after the peeks at the scenery. He liked the atmosphere it held, and the sound of the water's flow from the creek made it all the more better for him. The sounds of nature were truly a soothing thing, especially without the amassing sounds of gunfire, the whistling sounds of bomber payloads falling to bombard either his or the enemy's trenches.

It felt.. Peaceful. It wasn't too foreign for him, but he still had this twinge of feeling out of place. Maybe it was still from how recent this big change was made, or from how abrupt it was from one moment being amid the chaos of an all out assault, and then the next being in this void talking with a deity.

He then felt like there was a small tickling feeling behind his turret.. almost like something was crawling on him. Come to think of it, had he ever tried looking behind himself with only his turret before?

Before he did so however, he replied to Regula.

“I’ll be fine with either, but note that it can possibly put the shipment at risk. Not to mention the possible need to refuel once we reach our first stop for the night.” He knew the importance of that, as currently he still has plenty of fuel left, but likely not enough for the next day.

Back to the situation with that tickling feeling, Pierre took a small breath for the upcoming attempt to fully turn his turret around..

He felt a tiny pressure well up under his turret as it made its rotation, his vision turning with it as more and more he started to see behind himself..

And he did. To see a group of rolly pollies going about their usual activities. Too bad his barrel tapped one of them, prompting the others to ball up.

“Awe..” He couldn’t help but find that a little cute nonetheless.

[360 Degree Vision]

Last edited:
Regula
UcAhsyc.jpg
Mentions: Aria RavenSong RavenSong | Pierre Beetlebuggo Beetlebuggo | Dark Witch lXlGamemaster lXlGamemaster
Time: Halfway through the evening
Weather: Dark outside, getting a bit chilly
Relevant dice rolls: -

uquE04w.jpg

A frown formed on Regula's face. “Onto us? I mean, we're not doing anything illegal, we just forgot to get our story straight and looked a bit more suspicious than intended.” She sighed. “Well, thanks to your quick thinking, we managed to get make it through without much trouble, so it's a job well done thus far~” She decided to leave teasing their metal ally to Aria.

A shiver went down her spine as Regula imagined cold water baths. “No, definitely not. If you can afford a castle, you can normally afford a servant to warm the water for you on a stove and prepare a nice warm bath.” She nodded at the food and servants. “Well, food is always a delicate issue, as you wouldn't want to be wasteful with it, as that gives a very bad impression to those that might not have much. I always preferred keeping it simple and...” She realised she was starting to admit to her past life, which was not ideal. “What I mean is, I don't think rulers should be too wasteful. It's good to have balance, but some luxuries are more warranted than others.” The latter was definitely about the warm baths.

That's when Aria brought up something surprising. “You were a bartender?” She gave Aria a good long stare-down, before shaking her head. “That's not something I'd have guessed, nor something I can imagine you as. You seem like you've been a warrior or adventurer all your life to me.”

As for Aria's final question, the answer had changed a little by now. All the praise Aria was giving count Light was certainly making him seem more imposing. “I didn't think I was, but you're starting to change my mind.” She slicked her tongue. “Besides, the more I think about it, the more odd my question is. I'm walking in there asking him to teach me whilst hoping to become his future ruler. That's... I'm not sure how I'd react to someone asking that. Perhaps we should stay silent on my grander ambitions and just ask him to teach me etiquette and the likes.”

As for Pierre's housing situation, Regula nodded. “That's a fair point. Perhaps we should take a few of the crates off and bring them to our room to avoid stealing. I doubt they'd look inside of you for the others.” It was a thing to keep in mind for sure. “Refuelling... you mean drinking water?” She was a little confused on how that worked, but she did recall that Pierre needed to 'drink' a fair bit of water instead of eating food.

Just as the sun was starting to really set, they arrived at the inn.

7nvhCFZ.jpg

The place was pretty simple, but it did have a nice carriage house for Pierre. However, that wasn't what stood out the most. What stood out was the fact that it was a lot busier than one might expect. It wasn't just the normal merchants and adventurers that were looking to spent the night that filled up the inn, but also a lot of local farmers and townsfolk from the nearby town. Apparently a rumour had spread of an odd bard (Dark Witch) travelling through these parts, which had prompted a lot of folk to come to the inn that she supposedly stayed at, hoping to catch a performance. Most folk here didn't have much entertainment going on in their daily lives, so they were eager to grab onto any type of occasion they could.

Regula and Aria even had to worm their way through the masses to ask for a room, being lucky there were still two beds left in one of the shared rooms. Pierre would find himself being able to see fairly well inside through the window near the front door, although Regula would also come out to open up the carriage house after asking the inn's owner to store her 'cart' in there. He'd be able to 'go to bed' whenever he desired.

Meanwhile, Dark Witch would find herself standing in front of a surprisingly large audience. They were just a bunch of simple peasants and farmers, other than an adventurer or merchant sprinkled in, but their entertainment-starved lives probably made them the most hyped and eager audience she could find.

Dark Witch (Alexandria Kingston)
944e1799a7c9f7bdb29feac6b71dc1c8.png

Alex was currently sitting on the table of a bench, which was the best thing the tavern had to a stage, but she didn't mind. When she looked up from her guitar to see over the crowd of fans she knew that they could see her: a commodity that she had lacked growing up and relished now. Her attire was that of a witch, which was obvious from her pointed hat. At one point it was just a simple costume for her persona "the Dark Witch", but now that she had left her old life behind her and adopted the new name as her own, the clothes she wore now had signs of leather working to serve as comfortable armor. She thought back to a month ago, before she was thrust from her old world to her real home world, the Land of Metal, and fully became the Dark Witch. She was still trying to get over the whole "magic is real and you can do it by playing awesome music" part.

Speaking of music, the song she was playing was one of the tamest songs that she could think of. After the town guards had tried to confiscate her guitar because it looked like a weapon (which, I mean, fair) she didn't know how the common folk of this world would react to music trying to blow the shingles off of houses. While she strummed her instrument she could feel the power welling within her, forming sparks of purple energy from her hands as they moved. She wasn't trying real hard to impress anyone, but apparently this town was so starved for something new that she had most of the town inside the tavern watching her perform. While she was gleeful at the attention, she was having a hard time finding the floor.

Looking out among the crowd again she noticed a pair of girls trying their best to move through the crowd towards the front desk. While she wasn't too dissapointed that someone was ignoring her music it did make her curious. One seemed to be wearing clothes reminescent from her old world Japan while the other had clothes that were leagues ahead of the peasent folk. Looking back at where they came from she could also see.... the barrel of a tank?! Just, nonchalantly looking through the window of the tavern at them! Her green eyes gleamed with excitement for a moment before returning to her song. She ended the song in a satisfying way and stood, bowing to the people around her and thanking them for their time (while holding her witch hat out for generous donations).

Once she had enough footing to stand on the floor again her attention was torn between the girls and the tank. She wasn't the biggest gun enthusiest, but it's not every day that you see something that launches explosions. Putting her guitar in its sheathe on her back she decided to start with the two at the counter. Best case scenario: they were interesting people looking for danger. Worst case scenario: she would still see the tank as they left. Sliding confidently forewards through the crowd Alex introduced herself: "Hi! I'm the Dark Witch." She presented a piece of cloth with her insignia on it, but to be honest, she could barely tell what it said either. "I couldn't help but notice the... tank... are you going on some sort of quest?"

C86C2BBC-6E4B-4573-B3D9-1AB7791B7A23.png

Aria nodded, “I’m glad I kept the counts letter.”

She listened to Regulas mention of living as a higher class. “After taking a warm bath the other week, I couldn’t blame anyone for wanting to clean themselves that way all the time. But I’m glad you’re of humble taste m’lady..” she smiled a bit. “..it speaks well of your character.”

When Regula looked at Aria with surprise, the war maiden tilted her head. “I never told you?” She asked, her tone slightly raised in pitch a bit of astonishment. “Well, yes.. in between breaks or on days off I’d be out in the woods practicing my concentration with my dagger..” her eyes shifted, looking out towards the road as they paced, she continued. “..I was so eager for the opportunity to put my efforts to the test, that’s when the forest demon invasion began, and Lord Light allowed for volunteers to enlist, that’s when it began for me..” she looked back at Regula. “..I certainly appreciate you seeing me as a warrior, m’lady..” Aria suddenly pondered as she tapped her chin. “..maybe someday we could run a tavern together!” She exclaimed, with a short laugh.

The topic then shifted back towards Linneus, Aria chuckled again, “awww, I didn’t mean to make you nervous, but if that’s how you wish to begin I suppose it could be for the best you didn’t reveal too much too soon.”

When they arrived at the inn, the place was bustling with people. Upon first glance it appeared as if there was some kind of celebration. She overheard some people mentioning a musician had arrived in town, their excited faces betraying their immense enthusiasm. Aria loved performances, but she wasn’t here for entertainment however so she remained indifferent. As she approached, it became more and more difficult to be heard over the ambient noise, it was also very warm inside the inn from all the body heat emitting from the large crowd.

Aria followed after Regula, they clearly stood out with sharp contrast to the rural common folk. To Arias surprise they still had a room available and payed for their stay. “Well! That’s a surprise!” She said yelling above the crowd.

Regula would then head out to handle matters with Pierre, and his accommodations while Aria happily observed as the musician enchanted the audience with her music. To much of Arias astonishment however, the music wasn’t unlike anything she’d ever heard before, there was clearly magic at work here, but nonetheless it was an immensely inspiring experience.

Aria would applaud after the song, and Regula would then appear. She’d lean into Regula to mention the lady who just performed but before she knew it the musician herself was right before them.

Aria was speechless, but she took the insignia cloth and held it close. “T-tank? Oh? Yes.. I..” She stuttered. “..y-your music is beautiful!” She finally managed.

Last edited:
Pierre Rothel - RavenSong RavenSong Elvario Elvario lXlGamemaster lXlGamemaster
- Peculiar Music, and something else..

Pierre listened to the best of his ability to the song as he sat out there, bobbing his barrel up and down to the rhythm of the music's tempo and beat. While he never had heard of this type of music before, it still had something that kept him attracted. It had this slight aggression, but more in a passionate sense with each time the lady's fingers danced over the chords of the instrument.

He then looked over to see Aria and Regula, who had signed in for their stay. He didn't know why, but there were always these feelings that slowly brewed up within him when his physiology got in the way of doing normal human
activities. Was it regret? He didn't think so since he chose this so he wouldn't die easier, was it self loathing due to his inability to sleep on a bed inside a comfortably sized bedroom? He took some consideration to that part, but he still felt that wasn't it.

His last conclusion hit him harder than he expected, but he understood as it still hurt.

It was the feeling of not fitting in, with hints of feeling like he didn't belong.

He turned his hull from the window, rolled around the corner to see the nearby view that the Inn had..

A small sniffle escaped from his voice, and while he was having slight trouble composing himself, but he eventually did by taking some deep breaths, and staring out to the view, solemn and alone.

He knew he had to find somewhere to refuel, but he'll hold to that after he's fully calmed down.

Besides, how the hell was it gonna look normal for a carriage to cry? Fat chance of fitting in if he were seen like that.

Regula
UcAhsyc.jpg
Mentions: Aria RavenSong RavenSong | Pierre Beetlebuggo Beetlebuggo | Dark Witch lXlGamemaster lXlGamemaster
Day: First - second day of travel.
Time: Late in the evening – early in the morning
Weather: Dark outside, getting a bit chilly
Relevant dice rolls: -

Although Regula had caught some of the odd music, she'd been too busy making her way through the crowd to set-up Pierre with his 'room' for the night to pay much attention to it. It's also why Regula was already gone before Alexandria managed to reach Aria.

However, as Regula stepped outside, she didn't spot Pierre. How in the world does a giant tank go missing? The thought quickly went through her head, until she spotted the tracks leading just around the corner. The lack of tear ducts in his body made it pretty much impossible to see he'd been crying, so Regula had no idea why he'd wandered off or what he as doing out here. “Ah, there you are~” She said, showing him a large key. “I managed to set you up in the carriage house for the night and came to help unburden some of the crates. Let me know if I can get you anything else~” She then looked at the view he was admiring. “I didn't think you'd be the type to enjoy a moonlit landscape.” The sun had already set, but the moon was shining bright this night. “It's quite the sight to behold though.” She said, as she figured she'd join Pierre in the moonlight watching for a bit. As interesting as the music had been, it was a bit too crowded in the inn for her tastes.

However, after some ten or so minutes, she yawned. “I'm afraid I'll have to go get some sleep soon. I've been working through-out the night a little too often lately and I think my body's not keeping up much longer.” She said, as she went over to open up the carriage house for Pierre and help him unload some crates (if we wanted to). “Well, I'll see you in the morning, good night!” She'd say, before heading off, hoping to go straight to her room. She'd fall asleep the moment she her head hit the pillow.

7nvhCFZ.jpg

Inside the inn, Alexandria's witch hat had grown pretty heavy. Sadly enough, there were only coppers in there. People this far from town didn't exactly have a lot to spent, so even the contributions of a large crowd didn't amount to a whole lot. It'd still get her a decent meal and room for the night with some change left to spare. If she were to pay particular attention, she'd notice a few people were taking her name a little seriously, as they were whispering of witchcraft and devil's music. It wasn't likely to turn into a big deal right now, but it might be something to keep in mind in the future. The combination of openly calling herself a Dark Witch and playing a type of music that people were entirely unfamiliar with brought rumours and attention in equal measures. For better or worse, the crowd didn't really approach her, either out of fear or simply due to a lack of further curiosity. Considering the time, most people had also started to head back to their homes.

It wouldn't be long before it was just Alexandria and Aria left... those two, and an innkeeper that was looking at them with impatient eyes. She clearly wanted to close up for the night and was hoping for them to clear out and head towards the bedrooms. They could probably still get a few words in, but they wouldn't make friends if they were going to be loud through-out the night.

Eventually, night would pass. After some short nights and the very long walk, Regula slept deeply enough to not even be bothered by the fact that someone in the inn was snoring as if he was single-handedly attempting to deforest the entirety of Ryke. Whether the same could be said for Aria and Alexandria was a different story.

Either way, they'd wake up to the smell of fresh bread, which was included with their stay. Regula was out and about relatively early, having finally had a good few hours of rest. As Aria and Alexandria would (hopefully/likely) be in the inn's main hall for breakfast as well, she'd greet Aria “Good morning!” after which she turned to Alexandria. “Ah, you are last night's performer, aren't you? I didn't catch much of it, but your music had a really unique sound to it.”

There was something else on Regula's mind. “Ah, before I forget, I noticed we should be able to make it to the next inn if we leave within half an hour or so, so we're in a bit of a rush. I hope you don't finishing up breakfast quickly? Besides, we wouldn't want to leave Pie...” She realised the bard was still there half-way through her sentence. Was it smart to reveal he was a sentient construct to a complete stranger? Well... the girl did clearly have some odd magic things going on, if her music was anything to go by, so perhaps it wasn't that bad. “We wouldn't want to leave Pierre on his own for too long~” She figured she might as well finish the sentence now.

As for Piere, the night in the carriage house would be a little less lonely than expected. It wouldn't take him long to realise he was sharing the 'room' with a diary cow further to the back, in a partially closed-off section. The latter was providing the inn with some fresh milk to go with breakfast, whilst providing Pierre some company through-out the night. Luckily enough, the animal was about as tame as it got and didn't seem particularly bothered by the giant metal creature that was her sudden room-mate. If anything, the animal seemed to be mildly curious as to whether or not the new room-mate was going to feed her or not.

Milkmaid
x54vYhS.png
INY5e1T.png

The lady that came to milk the cow, however, got half a heart-attack when she saw Pierre. She knew there'd be a carriage that was a little 'out there', as she'd given out the key to Regula previously, but she clearly hadn't expected it to be this level of odd. If the door opening hadn't woken up Pierre, the sound of her dropping the milk-bucket would. It'd be up to him if he wanted to say something or if he wanted to keep his sentience 'hidden' for now.

Alex looked up at the fancily dressed woman and brushed the bread crumbs off before offering her hand. "I'm the Dark Witch, though as you can tell I'm not just a simple bard." The Dark Witch looked around the tavern and noticed the leary glances of people around her. She was aware that carrying a name like that would harbor distrust in the simple folk, and all it would take would be some random natural disaster for the people of the town to point fingers towards her. She paid attention in history class... she remembered the Salem Witch trials.

With that being said these people were her only ticket out of town that made sense. If she stayed in town a little more they guard would probably question it. With the small ammount of coin she got from her performance, the towns people didn't have much to give anyways. She glanced at the swordswoman at their table while taking a drink of ale (she had to convince the tavern keep that she would be fine having it for breakfast). While she wore a kimono and wielded a katana, she didn't know what a tank was. Alex assumed that if she was a traveler like she was then the word would hold no meaning, but she studdered. Was it just some massive coincidence that this world had insanely similar customs to that of back home?

She then looked to the fancily dressed woman. Her clothes suggested a higher title, but she had some muscle to her that any normale hoighty-toighty noble would lack. Without prying Dark Witch had to do the math herself: a noble and a swordswoman bodyguard are traveling in a tank and need to leave as soon as possible. If that didn't sound like an important mission then Alex would eat her hat. With introductions out of the way and got closer to the fancily dressed one, the obvious leader of the group.

"Say, I couldn't help but notice that you seemed to be in a hurry so I'll cut right to the chase: do you think that I could come along with you? I wasn't joking when I said I wasn't just a simple bard... I'm a hero in training!" Her eyes seemed to glow with electricity as she said that, for she was entirely serious about her destiny. The demons of her home world had kicked her out twice now because she wasn't strong enough, and now she was willing to take any job if it meant improving her skills to become the best she could be.

96046CD4-0DC2-438E-90BC-EA44F26809F7.png

Aria was curious about this Dark Witch lady, she wasn’t unlike anyone she’d ever met before. After exchanging a few words however, the air about the room became a little uneasy as audible talk of suspicion towards Alex seemed to spoil the moment.

Throughout the night, Aria would kick and turn while holding a pillow over her head in hopes of muting the horrid pig sounds coming from somewhere in the sleeping quarters. Whenever she did manage to sleep however she was plagued by the usual nightmares of her previous life, or was it her future?

It was rainy, explosions could be heard in the distance as Aria stood with her hands behind her back. There was a large table in front of her with a map and what appeared to be markers fashioned from wood. Her attire was that of a military general, an eyepatch covered her left eye but a scar could be seen through her eyebrow and down to the middle of her cheek.

Suddenly a messenger came through into her tent. Giving a salute and an inaudible phrase of respect.

“Sir.. I have word from the front, the cavalry has been intercepted and will not arrive as planned. There is no word from the pikemen and archers on the frontal left either, our best estimates are that they have fallen.”

Aria would slam her fists on the table. “Damn the gods!” She whispered in tempered rage. “Very well, it seems like I might have to reveal my hand sooner than later. Send word to the angels, tell them to make ready, we'll strike from the sky.”

“But, sir..”

“That’s an order.”

The scene suddenly shifted, as the silhouettes of flying humanoids came into view, reflecting on the clouds - the battle raged on down below.

Aria would wake suddenly with a gasp, just as she usually did. Luckily she didn’t wake Regula. Aria panted softly as she rose and got dressed, still drenched in sweat she rubbed her eyes as the morning light began to shine through the windows, the smell of freshly baked bread filled her senses as it permeated the entire inn. Tying her katana to her side she started down to the main floor.

After getting some bread with butter and some eggs, she noticed Alex from the night before, Aria would sit across from her, before taking a bite. “Yknow, ale for breakfast is a clear indicator of a hangover..” she paused for a moment as she chewed. “..are you hungover?” She asked finally. But before they could continue the conversation Regula walked down, announcing they had thirty minutes to go. “Very well, I’m almost done here anyway.” She finished up, had a glass of water and returned as the witch began speaking of joining the party. Aria squinted a bit wondering how much she could reveal, before starting carefully. “We’re currently on our way to southern Ryken, if it pleases m’lady Regula..” she turned her head and looked at the noble curiously. “...then I’m sure we could use some entertainment?” She said, practically asking Regula the question if it was alright for Alex to come along.

Last edited:
Pierre Rothel - MilkMaid lady. Elvario Elvario RavenSong RavenSong lXlGamemaster lXlGamemaster
1654982539781.png

Throughout the night in the Carriage House, Pierre had been feeling slightly better if not less downtrodden than before. This was supposedly due to the fact that he quickly bottled up his emotions and stayed silent once Regula came to him last night, but also because the time he spent with his 'Roommate' sorta helped him find something to relate to. In this case, separated from the normal ones. Physically, Pierre didn't feel exhausted. The only occurrences where he felt some sort of physical fatigue was whenever he was running low on fuel, or he turned his engine off; Even then he felt he had just above 25% fuel left, so in the morning he'll have to fuel up.

And Whaddya know, Morning came, but he wasn't able to refuel yet, because he had to exit this Carriage house first.

But before that, he had to wake up.

*CLUNK*

"..Mn- Eh?" Pierre was snapped out of his rest at the sound of metal hitting the floor, yawning first as he made a full rotation with his turret. Technically that can count as a Neck Roll exercise, but then again, if only he had a neck in the first place. He turned his turret to face the source, only to see a Lady who had dropped a milk bucket on the ground, looking at him in bewilderment.

"..Um... Morning..?" Keep in mind he was still freshly woken up.

Regula
UcAhsyc.jpg
Day: Second day of travel
Time: Early morning
Weather: Sun is rising, nice weather
Relevant dice rolls: 8 (lXlGamemaster) - Unfortunate traveller(s) along the road.

Regula accepted the handshake, although she showed a bit of surprise at the name. “You've chosen a peculiar name for yourself.” Regula couldn't help from wondering whether that'd be more beneficial for drawing in curious audiences or detrimental for putting herself on the list of sketchy figures people would be weary off. In either case, the girl seemed nice enough. “I'm Regula, blacksmith and enchanter.” She introduced herself, deciding to leave out the other aspirations she had.

Regula was a bit surprised when the girl wanted to come along, which the 'hero in training' part didn't exactly help with. “You don't even know where we're going or what we're doing yet..?” Regula half-stated half-asked, as she was taken aback a bit. Whilst Aria answered part of that, it was still odd for the girl to want to tag on before knowing anything. Then again, Aria seemed eager for it...

After a bit of doubt, Regula sighed. “Hold still for a bit, will you?” She said, as she leaned forwards to get close enough to use [Appraisal D] on the girl. After everything that went down in the magic Duchy, she knew the ability to read titles wasn't perfect, but it was still better than having nothing. She didn't spot anything [criminal] or [monster] and instead got a simple [human] and [mage] from it. That backed up the girl's claims, at the very least.

Happy with the results, Regula nodded to herself and backed up again. “Well, I guess it might be nice to have someone join us on the road, but you should know, we're transporting some weapons to count Light. Although there are a few parts where we might run into trouble, most of the road will be long and likely it will even be boring.” If this girl was looking for heroics, Regula couldn't guarantee she'd find any from tagging along with them. In the same manner, she couldn't guarantee they'd be all fine and dandy either, for that matter.

Their contemplations were interrupted when they heard a scream coming from the carriage house. Wondering what in the world was up, Regula was quick to get up and rush over to there.

Milkmaid
x54vYhS.png
INY5e1T.png

The sudden turning of the turret had frozen the milkmaid in place. However, the words coming from the 'monster' had made her turn around and sprint out of the building. “AHHH! Monster! There's a monster!” She yelled, as she rushed towards the inn.

However, she was caught halfway by Regula spring out. It only took her a few moments to understand the situation. “Ah, ma'am, please calm down. It's alright. That's the odd carriage I talked about last night.” The woman just gave them a confused look, before shaking her head. “Whatever it is, I want it out of the stables, before it makes my cow's milk go sour.” Regula sighed. “Yes ma'am.” They were planning to leave anyway.

After another deep sigh, she made her way to Pierre. “Well, that was one way to wake up. Good morning.” She said, as she quickly went to work, putting back the crates and making sure they were all on sturdy enough to start travelling. “Ah, we found ourselves a new travelling companion, by the way. Pierre, meet a hero-bard called Dark Witch, Dark Witch, meet our sentient metal carriage Pierre.” That was probably one of the strangest introductions Regula had even gone through. That said, they could further introduce themselves along the road. Right now, they had to be off, as to not waste more daylight. “Anyhow, we can talk more along the road. Let's be off!”

uquE04w.jpg

The landscape was much the same as the previous day, as they were following along the same creek. (Other than the castle in the background not being there.) Considering they were following the water, Pierre would have a lot of chances to refuel. Most of the riverbed was accessible if taken a little care to chose the more rocky and less muddy parts.

However, around noon, they suddenly spotted an obstacle along the road. It was a cart (hand-pulled) filled with baskets of apples that was completely stuck in a particularly muddy part of the road.

Orchardist
635SIFX.jpg
hz0g29A.jpg

(Ignore the scythe.)

The woman that was working hard on trying to get it out of there spotted them almost immediately. “Ah, hello, travellers! You look like good folk! Help a lass out, will you?” She didn't ask it as much as stated it. Not in an unfriendly manner, but in a manner that exhumed enough confidence to make it clear that it didn't even occur to her that they might refuse her. She was mostly human, but did have some elven features, mainly the ears, although she was on the shorter side. Whatever or whomever she was, she didn't seem particularly fazed or intrigued by the odd group of Regula, Aria, Pierre and Dark Witch, instead focussed entire on her apple cart.

Alex smiled at Aria as she took a sip from her ale. "It takes a lot more than ale to knock me out." She replied, which was true. Her biology, as well as the biology of those that lived in the Land of Metal, literally drank beer like water and had to pull the real liquor off of drink trees, which could kill a person form her world. Comparatively, this ale was like water with Kool-Aid added to it. After getting her handshake and introduction to Regula she began assessing her new companion. DW did a mental fist bump for calling the fact that she did manual labor but didn't expect the enchanter part. Perhaps that was how she got her noble title, since she could do things other couldn't? Before she could ponder more she felt Regula looking at her with magic in her eyes. She couldn't tell what she was doing, but the woman seemed to relax afterwards. If that was some sort of security, why did this group need so much of it? She understood that taking weapons from one noble to another normally had a bigger entourage, but something was up. She decided to drop it and smile. "If the road looks boring up ahead, what better time to have a bard?"

When the scream pierced the calm morning Alex was right behind the group, holding onto her witch hat as she ran. She thought about bringing out her guitar, but didn't want the normal folk to question why she was aiming it like some sort of weapon. The ruckus lead the group to the back of the barn on the side of the tavern, where the tank had somehow squeezed itself inside and a very distraught looking milk maid was complaining to Regula. She didn't hear all the details because of the angelic chorus ringing in her ears. Not only was she going to travel in style in a fantasy world in a tank but it had a name! She hopped onto the front, holding onto the rails, and pointed outwards. "Onwards, steel chariot!"

It wasn't later until she realized that Pierre was an actual living creature, which impressed Dark Witch even more. Once they had everything loaded and started making headway she sat on top of the tank as they progressed talking to the tank. "I don't think we were properly introduced before, what with the milk lady yelling and everything. I'm called the Dark Witch, thought that name doesn't fill people with as much confidence as my home world." Closing her eyes and reaching outwards internally, she could still sense the influence of the World Tree from her home: the massive crystal tree that pulled music from all across the galaxy and fueled it into the denizens of her world. Even now she could feel its power, and while she was riding Pierre it was really wanting her to play Road Racing. She didn't think the speed they were traveling at called for a racing song...

When the group stopped to look at the lady stuck on the road, Alex narrowed her eyes. Now that she was part of the super awesome weapon-handling squad, she was being more cautious than normal. While she didn't look like a threat, but she didn't have any other remarks to make of the group, which was odd because they were an odd bunch of individuals. Holding her guitar in her hands DW turned to Regula and whispered: "can you do your magic eye thingey from here?"

Last edited:
BB493120-0B47-4F23-9584-8B5F6D2761B3.png

Shortly after Regula introduced herself, with a small but stern bow she introduced herself to Dark Witch. “I’m Aria, at your service.” She wanted to inquire about where she was from, and where she’d obtain such an otherworldly instrument. However, Regula wanted to appraise her, which Aria thought was wise.

Aria would then head back to the counter to get two servings of bread before coming back, putting one in Regulas hand.

After DWs remark about having a bard by your side during a boring time Aria smiled, it was mainly why she wanted her to tag along. Perhaps the war maiden was a little homesick and missing the performances of the traveling artists who would come and go through her hometown.
“Right..” she began. “..my thoughts exactly..” her weight would shift to the side as she seemed to recite a saying. “..boredom doesn’t exist with a bard in your midsts!”

Before she could suggest they move out to greet Pierre however a shriek reached Arias ears. She suddenly sprung into action, and stormed out towards the barn after Regula, still chewing on a large bite of bread however. She held onto the hilt of her katana before sighing deeply. “Hmm.. nom.. I continue to forget.. n.. just how foreign.. mm.. we look here.”

She would shake her head at the milkmaid who seemed immensely displeased as she walked back into the inn, in a fit. Walking up to Pierre and fastening the boxes in place she began, “Oh, don’t take it personally Pierre, I’m sure that cows milk is the best it’s ever been because of you.” Aria would pat the tank's hull quickly, unable to really determine if he could feel anything or where exactly his head was.

Once back on the road, Aria followed at Pierres side. Their newest addition to the party seemed excited, she smiled lightly before looking out towards the countryside, and yawned. Aria didn’t sleep very well, but it was enough to get her by for today, hopefully their next stop didnt house hogs in their sleeping quarters.

When the cart came into view, Aria's tendency was to help, but she held herself back as she looked to the others then back at the woman before calling out. “What seems to be the problem ma’am?”

Last edited:
Pierre Rothel - lXlGamemaster lXlGamemaster Elvario Elvario RavenSong RavenSong

--

And just like that. Not even 30 seconds in on this new day and Pierre's thoughts of the day turning for the better were already shat on. Not like he was surprised, the tank could guess the reason why was either from his mental upset last night, or the extent of his night terrors from the Somme resulting in only getting 4 hours of sleep. At least he had the cow to keep him company.

Aria's attempt to brighten the mood garnered a small chuckle from Pierre, but that was all she got from him.

Then the new lady, which held the attire that of a witch, and was also the one who had been musically performing last night at the inn, hopped onto his front with high amounts of excitement. "..Uhm... Alright then Miss..?"

The trip now having continued, along with the new tag-along was starting to make him feel better though, back on the scenic road, and next to that waterway. He did take a few moments to refuel as well, as that was helping lots with getting his energy for the day.

Then came along a bit of a problematic sight. A cart full of apple baskets was stuck in the mud, consequently blocking the road ahead. Another thing; The lady, whom had came to them for help, didn't seem bothered at all by his physiology. A little confusing as the lady WAS looking at all of them..

He looked to Aria to explain. "The Cart's stuck in the mud, It appears to be hand-pulled, but unless we have spare rope we could possibly tie it around the handle it was pulled from and get it out by tying it to me."

Regula
UcAhsyc.jpg
Day: Second day of travel
Time: Early morning – late evening
Weather: Sun is rising, nice weather – sun has set – getting chilly
Relevant dice rolls: 8 (lXlGamemaster) - Unfortunate traveller(s) along the road.
2 (BeetleBuggo) - ???

Regula shook her head upon the Dark Witches' question. “I'm afraid I can't.” She wasn't sure why, but she couldn't help from adding a bit of a tease; “It wasn't just your pretty face that made me lean in so close, I've got to be in arm's reach or closer for it to work well.”

Regula raised a bit of an eyebrow at Aria questioning the woman as well. They had a sensitive mission for sure, but... this seemed a bit overkill. Pierre seemed to think the same, as he suggested they just help the woman.

Orchardist
635SIFX.jpg
(Ignore the scythe.)
hz0g29A.jpg

The last bit, however, surprised the woman. “Oh, wow, you're talking. That's new!” She smiled. “I saw a lot of odd things on my trip to Aslan, but you're getting pretty high up there, sir.”

Pierre's suggestion wasn't a bad one, but they didn't have a spare rope on them. “We'd have to use one of the ropes with which we attached the crates...” Regula wasn't eager to try that, as tying it off and on again would take a lot of time. “Perhaps we're strong enough to get it out by hand. I'd rather try that first.”

Regula looked at Aria. “You grab one handle, I'll get the other. Let's pull on three while the others push.” Regula didn't really await an answer as she grabbed one of the cart's handles. “One.. two... three!” At first, it felt like the cart was stuck really deep into the mud, but after another count-down, they could feel movement in it. Thanks to their combined strength (in particular Aria and Regula), they were able to get it out before long.

“Whew, that's great, you're life-saving sweethearts!” The woman said, as she went on to pick out some of the largest, juiciest looking red apples from the cart and handed one over to each of the three girls, before staring at the tank, finally shrugging and placing an apple atop his hull. “I promise you, you'll not find any juicier and sweeter apples in most all of Ryken! No, in all of the continent!” She sounded very proud to announce that. “Anyhow, I've got to deliver them to the inn today, so I'd best be off, save travels to you all!” With that, she continued on her way (in the direction the others just came from).

Were they to try the apples, they'd notice that there was more than just bluffing to the woman's words. These apples were good. Great, even. In fact, once she was finished with hers, Regula couldn't help staring at the fourth apple on Pierre's hull. She wasn't rude enough to just demand it, but... Pierre didn't really have a way to eat it... “Would you mind if the three of us split the fourth one, Pierre? I'll polish up your hull once we're in the county in return~”

Upon confirmation, she'd take it and cut it into three mostly even parts to hand out to Aria and the Dark Witch. On the topic of the latter, Regula was curious about something. “You know, Dark Witch really sounds more like a title. It doesn't roll off the tongue well as a name. Is there anything more suiting I could call you? Also, come to think of it, what made you chose such a name to begin with?”

vYhmgcb.jpg

They'd have time to chat more, as there were no more distraction along the road and the journey went by well. They managed to find the next inn without issue, although it was already late by the time they arrived. Most people were already sleeping, so they quickly arranged for Pierre to stay in the stable and went to bed (if he wanted them to unload the crates, Regula would do so). Aria, Regula and Alexandria would find themselves in a room for four people, without a fourth. Pierre found himself bunking with a couple of pretty fancy looking horses. One white mare and one brown steed, both looking to be some top-class animals.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back