• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Graded [Osun City] The Postlude

LadyOfStars

Tu'er Shen the Rabbit God
The Sun Court
1671437789754.png

Setting:

Time of Day: 9am

Weather: Chilly, Clear skies

The disaster in Yemaya had finally been dealt with, the monsters plaguing the city were gone and many of the people who were dead or lost were now alive and back in their city. For all the harm he had done, Michael still managed to be a great help in setting things right, but Linneus still did not approve of the man or condone his actions. Not even when it seemed that some did. New of the changing emotions of the people traveled fast and Linneus listened. People were praising him and The Order and holding them in such high esteem that their only equal seemed to be the divine. The King disapproved and made his stance known to all who would hear him. There were no gods on the battlefield that night and he was a follower of Leilosis. Even so he became the subject of a cult thanks to rumors and misinformation. But perhaps the most shocking news of all was the response of the crown to all of this. "A traitor?!" The King had a meltdown as soon as he heard the words leave the messenger's lips. "I am branded a threat to the nation after doing my duty and saving my people?!" He'd spent the entire night agonizing over the current state of things and even some time crying. It seemed for all good he aimed to achieve, his fellow nobles were ready to just as much bad.

All of Sol was a somewhat unfamiliar place with the changing atmosphere making Linneus uneasy in his own lands. A cult had moved into the territory and some even into Osun and their fanatic beliefs were causing him political trouble. On top of that, people were fleeing Ryke and coming to Sol under the impression that Linneus and The Order could keep them safe or even fend off death. While he was happy to give these people shelter after Ryke had failed to protect them, this was not the way he had hoped to do things. So he called some of the most trustworthy people he knew, as well as some of the most powerful and the wisest, to seek their counsel in these trying time.

King Linneus Light
1671461086209.png

The following morning Linneus awoke with a bad feeling brewing in the pit of his stomach and he wasn't sure what to do about it. But his court and his guests had assembled and he couldn't keep them waiting. He descended the stairs and moved through the corridors of the castle at a slow pace, as if stalling for time while he battled the uncertainty inside himself. The options before him were both risky and one of them would risk the lives of a great many people. This was the part of nobility he had yet to face and had been dreading. These choice which he would agonize over even on his deathbed.

"Good morning all and welcome to Sol I guess" The King's voice entered the throne room before he did, carrying a hint of teasing as he joked about the situation. Seeing the court bathed in the golden light of the sun warmed his heart and reminded Linneus that he should smile. "I am sorry for the delay. " He moved across the room to the throne where he looked to all the people who he had assembled and then nodded his head. Chairs had been situated in a semi circle before the throne so that he may hear and see them all equally. And t prevent them from having to stand. "Thank you all for coming on such short notice, we appreciate your continued partnership." Linneus then sat down and although he wore a smile to brighten the room, his posture suggested he was defeated and exhausted.

"I want to begin by making it known I do not support this cult that seems to have sprung up around us all and I am sorry that The Order has been dragged into this mess with me. I also want to say that while Michael did the unthinkable, I do not approve of his actions or the priase heaped upon him by the rest of the people." With a wave of his hand, Linneus' guards closed the doors and stepped outside the room, giving the group inside some privacy.

"I am officially King of my own nation and while that would permit me to do great good...it comes with the threat of impending warand the potential loss of many innocent lives. So I have asked you all here to hear your thoughts on the situation. The crown of Ryke has offered me a trial, a chance to prove my innocence, but I fear that those who put me in this position will see to it I fail. That would be fine with me, I would give my life for peace..." He now sat up with his chest slightly poked out and his head held high. "...but I would fear for the safety of those I leave behind. People have come to Sol from Ryke after Ryke failed to protect them and rebuild their homes. I owe them safety which is why I am hesitant to attempt to maintain this...nation I have apparently taken. I could not in good conscious lead these people to a war that I stand no chance of winning." He let out a heavy sigh and looked to Aria then Retili. This was technically their home as well and their connections to him might have made them some powerful enemies. "So please...what do you all think I should do? Could I win a war with Ryke? Could I win a trial when surrounded by snakes?"

conman2163 conman2163 Elvario Elvario RavenSong RavenSong Orikanyo Orikanyo

Attachments

• 1671437545540.png
    1671437545540.png
    293.1 KB · Views: 2
Last edited by a moderator:
Regula
Mentions: Linneus LadyOfStars LadyOfStars

To say that lots of things had happened would be an understatement. Still, after everything, here she found herself. Not at the county of Sol, but at the country of Sol. How the turn-tables. She had barely even been given any time to make up her mind on what to think about it. Besides, she'd been a little occupied by what was happening to her. By now, the itching on her back had turned into pain. Sharp, stinging, annoying and festering pain. Looking in the mirror, her skin was red, with weird lumps forming below it. Some parts were even a bit bloody. The healing magic on her cloak hadn't made it go away for some reason, which only made it more odd. Then again, whatever it was, she didn't have time for it. She decided to try and hide it as best as she could. Growing deformities was a fear she wasn't willing to give into right now. She just hoped nobody would spot the lumps on her back, even though she was wearing a cloak to cover them up.

Regula arrived in Sol Country by morning, having had a pretty short night to make it back in time. Almost immediately after, she was guided to the throne room. She wasn't interest in formal greetings, which his why she was glad Linneus kept those short. “So it's true that Michael killed and then resurrected a lot of people?” She still found it difficult to believe. Then again, the situation was as it was, so the evidence spoke for itself.

She was honestly both shocked and surprised by how open and direct Linneus was. “If we're starting off being this direct and honest, then we should probably admit it's not really your life they would want, but control over Michael. If these rumours are to be believed, he's suddenly shown to be way too powerful to control and this all seems like a fear-reaction to that. If you were to lay down your life, it'd only make others fight over having influence over him, or perhaps force them to get rid of him.” She wasn't totally up to date, but from what she'd gathered, she highly doubted Linneus himself was the core of the issue.

Having said that, Regula wondered where she should go that. She had some things she wanted out of this. She knew there were some things she could get out of it. How to go about it, though? He said he was surrounded by snakes? Did she wish to join the ranks of those? Perhaps. Would it be the most fruitful, however? No. She figured it wouldn't be. She wanted to simply spill what was going on in her mind right then and there, but she didn't wish to jump the gun. She needed to know what others were thinking and what truly motivated count Light himself. “I've got ideas, but let me confirm something. Why did you become a count?”

Oliver Delselmo
86df8154377c9965fae28a1c9338cf0b (1).jpg

He was by no means a politian, in fact he spent most of his earlier, err, very earlier life trying to avoid such things. Policy and politics were... Finicky things. He could set a bone, he could cure a cold, he could do any number of things... But what he cannot do is cure the ailment that is the Populace.

And their feverish attempts at grasping onto the most foolish of things.

Much less the green with envy palor of the nobility of Ryken... In doing this, they have effectively made Sol county annex it'self into being. He suppoused, the Micheal character may be along the lines of the same people who come to this world much like he did... It'd be the only way to explain such power growth without extrenius lines inquiry. The... blue stripes, the mithril so called, that was said to be in his body was a draw not of awe but concern for Oliver... The elf knee that magic was, at it's best, volatile and chaotic. Having magic metal implanted into the body was... To say the least...

Concerning.

He wondered what the man would do next, given the predicament currently in play... He wondered what HE himself should do...

He decided, evodently, to simply stay here and speak with the lord for as long as both are willing to abide by one another's sensibilities. His frequent claiming of him being a Master of some sort was appealing, though he had to say his grasp on the arcane arts were less than masterful for his desires, though it was true... He was quite good at what he does...

He considered the line of talk, then spoke up of his own accord.

"If I may... I'm not one of politics, but if I were to find a problem source arise in my holdings I would attempt to nip it in the bud before it began to grow out of controll.

I would advise against going to trial, if so, not ever so on their terms.

Stories of old have told of Great Heroes who lead from nessessity, or perhaps some inspireing display rose them to power, only to be drawn to furtively prove their innocence to their once lord, and disposed of under proclamations of guilty and treachery from envious people aiming for nothing but the butchery of those who dared to be more popular than they.

Long ago, a family named Stark did live in such a moment, many fell to treachery in those old tales... And more so to the baseless beheadings of demanded and enforced guilt, instead of proper justice." He was, of course, speaking in flowery language of Game of Thrones... Which was popular for a time, before a fool ruined the TV show's end.

"...In summary, they will attempt to place guilt upon you no matter what, if you go, or not. Jealous creatures they are, they will kill you, take over the land an subjugate any and all who speak the name of Sol. The lands will then be butchered by minor nobility for scraps like hounds set upon a corpse...

After, of course they try to wringe out as much information of the Blue fellow as possible. Whever that man is I'd feel alot better having him on our side... In fixing his problem, he cause a kingdom to shoot up to the suprise of it's ruler..."

He clears his throat slightly. "...Sorry, abit theatrical."

Last edited:
Retili Loxinofican

Retili folded his hands and waited for the King to enter quietly in the large room. He had spent some time recuperating from his ordeal in Yemaya, recently his dreams had been haunted by that moment on the battlefield where he had received that terrible wound. He had been barely coherent after the battle but apparently Linneus had saved him from death. Retili was not going to forget that any time soon. For now though a new problem had arisen with his Liege having been named a traitor and called to stand trial before the Duke and the Ryke. It seemed clear to Retili that this was a ploy to seize Linneus and strip him of his titles and power before tossing him in a cell. He doubted they would execute him so long as he made a decent case, to do so would set a bad precedent for the nobility. Still he doubted that going to the Ryke was anything short of a bad idea. That was the main problem. The other issue was this cult that was proclaiming Linneus as some sort of Divine savior and Michael as a god.

As Linneus entered Retili stood and bowed as was proper. He sat once Linneus thanked them for coming and the chair he sat in (shortened so that the scribe did not look comical in it). He laid bare the situation to the others and made it clear that he would love to die for his people but he did not feel the Ryke was good enough to protect them. Regula replied first, the knight made some good points that the Lord of the Ryke likely wished to control Michael. He didn't think that was the only reason but he was certain that it was a major one.

The elf Oliver was up next, he spoke of a couple of things, retelling a bit of history he knew about some ancient house Stark that was killed due to placing themselves in the hands of the courts. He believed that the minor nobility would butcher the place for "scraps" as he put it. That was ridiculous, the Duke would just appoint a new count or hold the territory directly. But he did still reinforce the point that was important here. Linneus could NOT surrender to the Ryke.

He waited for the others to finish and then spoke himself. "My Liege it seems clear to me that no matter the outcome of this supposed trial it will be at best just to go through the motions of a trial to show those outside looking in that it was a just and fair judgement. You have been backed into a corner with few options." He paused for a moment before speaking again. He had done some "Strictly speaking of numbers we are at a disadvantage in the event of a war. The Duke would be the first to move and he will easily be able to muster a force twice the size of ours, trusting that the other Duke does not get involved. But I believe that we could win, depending on how we prosecute such a war. However I believe to do so would without looking for other courses of action would be foolish. It seems one of our few courses of action could require that we look for allies outside the Ryke. The Republic, Empire, or See might be persuaded to assist, but such an intervention could spark an international incident as well. The threat of a war with an outside power could very well deter any such attack however. "

Retili paused once again before speaking more. "A final option will be to search for allies among the other counts and barons of the Ryke. Perhaps we could find others sympathetic to our cause that would rise to help us defeat any invasion. However I fear that no matter the option war is imminent. You should rally your banner men to prepare to hold off any incursions into Sol."

Marcellus Fachnan

There, Marcellus stood in attendance among many others, solemn-like face bathed down upon in golden shimmering light by the grace of the magnificent skylight above. But for all of the precious warmth that the sun provided so benevolently, he merely felt the coldness of the winds which whipped about wildly outside of the castle walls. Perhaps on any other occasion of another, he'd find a moment to stop and appreciate the loveliness of the light, yet it was not fated to be this one. Even remotely, it was not an idea he could find himself entertaining at such a precarious time. Certainly not when Linneus Light was shockingly accused of treason, the entirety of The Order was labeled a terrorist organization and so much more which he dreaded agonizing over. It seemed that with every foot in the right direction they took toward establishing order and peace, the steeper the hill of trouble became.

But this? It was truly something else. In just a small period span, things had utterly and completely flipped on their heads. The destruction of Yemaya was a relatively minuscule matter when compared to all of this. The city could be rebuilt, livelihoods easily restored, and those forced out of it due to the explosion would be able to be home once more. However, the eruption of a civil war would thoroughly prevent that from coming to fruition. Who would have half the mind to focus on rebuilding when there was a war of power ripping through the country all around you? That was truly not the most ideal of environments to do anything in, especially if one were a civilian.

His Lord- His King's entrance pulled him from his thoughts, directing his mind into the present. It was a strange act, having to forcibly correct himself in regards to the now proper address of his liege. Lord Linneus had become King Linneus practically overnight and so had the County of Sol, now the Country of Sol. As soon as he had been delivered such appalling news, he took the fastest horses and rushed over in a carriage, leaving Eyrn in charge of the various operations developing in the Barony. This couldn't have just been ignored regardless, for his own allegiance and fealty had long since been sworn to the man that sat before him on the throne.

Quite reminiscent of what took place in the Relief Camp, Marcellus kept attentively quiet, watching as the proceedings unfolded with a heedful eye. Regula, a woman whom he had only had the privilege to hear of through word of mouth, spoke first, immediately rising a point that was worth considering. What truly was the core of this situation? Was it that Linneus's quickly growing influence, however misguided in form it may be, threatened the nobles up north? Or was it the Blue Knight, Micheal, the committer of horrific actions which started this all?

Then came.. Oliver Delselmo. Till now, he truly hadn't paid much notice to the Healer, that was until the elf mentioned something he simply shouldn't know. Esmeralda had been a vehement fan of the Game of Thrones series, even more so the ASOIAF books and he held memories of countless hours of her scouring the wikis for all kinds of information related to her favorite characters, one of them being Sansa Stark. So, it was immediately clear to him what exact House Stark, Oliver was referring to, how troublesome. The revelation that other Reincarnators, well people that arrived from Earth at the very least, did indeed exist, bothered him to a great extent. Such people could prove to be.. future problems, like the Nazi Monika and her cohorts. He would need to inform his King about that woman later, lest she began to establish herself with authority in some way.

Master Loxinofican was the one he found himself agreeing the most with, out of all those who had spoken thus far. They were at a significant disadvantage when it came down to numbers in the event that war did come to pass and the Duke could effortlessly become a dark horse on the chess board. "I believe Master Loxinofican speaks wisely, my Liege. At our current position, it appears you simply must let yourself be subjected to a trial or take up arms in any way possible, be them diplomatic or force. Nevertheless, in either case, some kind of conflict seems like an inevitability." Was anything really ever simple when dealing with royalty and treacherous enemies? "I am of the opinion that the final option suggested by Master Loxinofican would be the most tactical. On our own, I fear we cannot survive the Duke and King's wrath, especially more so if we were to bring in foreign support." He stated, feeling impossibly weary than what could possibly be imaginable. All this talk of war and violence was draining.

LadyOfStars LadyOfStars
Elvario Elvario
Orikanyo Orikanyo
conman2163 conman2163
Code by Serobliss

The Round Table
d1d24a8d25946cfe8d29e23d828f348bee710a4d.jpg

Setting:
Time of Day: 13:00
Weather: Chilly, Pouring Rain

Mentions: Retili conman2163 conman2163 | Aria RavenSong RavenSong | Olivier(/Finn) Orikanyo Orikanyo | Marcellus eloise eloise | Michael Novama Novama | Monika(/Kristina) EMIYAman EMIYAman | Jareth Clyvelle Clyvelle | Peng Dante Verren Dante Verren | Rowan slifer37 slifer37 | Azusa(/Aya) saxon saxon | Katriel Garbage Pail Kid Garbage Pail Kid | Sariel Faynorae Faynorae
[OOC: After the unfortunate leaving of Luna, we voted on claiming Light had left to the trial and to pick up the meeting afterwards. Considering my character has a fairly big stake in where this might lead, please allow me to take over. I'd like to keep up a decently fast posting pace (48 hours where possible) so we can wrap things up quickly if needed. I've tagged everyone with a stake in this IC and/or OOC, join or ignore at your pleasure, I just wanted to ensure everyone is aware of this continuation/change.]

Bad news tended to be followed up with more bad news. Their previous council, a day and a half ago, had not resulted in the desired outcome. Despite their warnings, Linneus Light had decided to see if he could talk the crown of Ryke out of attacking the new country of Sol, leaving without notice. Today, only a few hours ago, a messenger had returned from Ryken. The king of Sol had been executed. Some might still hold the hope it was a bluff and that he was imprisoned somewhere, but Regula knew better. The established nobility had been way too scared of him and his control of Michael to allow him to live.

It was difficult not to feel downtrodden at the news. Yet it wasn't where she wanted to give in. With the lord gone, some of the rumours and fears by the crown of Ryke might've been satiated, but that didn't mean they were safe. Would they still march in and take over the county? Would they demand they hand over Michael? It wasn't clear. However, Regula knew that, at this point, the county or country, whatever they were right now, was in dire need of someone to step up as a leader. She didn't feel ready, in all honesty, but at the same time, she knew that this might be a divine intervention. Something launching her onto the path she'd set out on. It's why she'd asked for the council to gather once more, to discuss the latest events.

She'd tried to sent out messages and messengers to all those related to the order, as well as those that had been involved with the events in Yemaya. She hoped most of them would show up, as she'd need all the input and support she could get on this.

The setting for this meeting was different. She'd chosen not to hold it in the throne room. Both out of respect for the recently (assumedly) deceased count Light and in the clear knowledge that she wasn't a queen, at least not yet. Besides, she wanted to face these people as equals. It's why she'd selected a room with a round table, following an old gimmick she once heard about. By now, the lumps on her back were difficult not to notice. She feared it might've been something to do with the Fell blight, yet wasn't sure. She kept a cloak over it, as it certainly didn't look pretty. Still, now wasn't the time to focus on such things.

She was ready to start this talk, so as soon as most had shown up, she spoke up. “I'm sure you've all heard the news by now. Count Light has decided to wager his life for the safety of his domain and had it taken from him. Whilst it might've bought some time, I fear it would be naïve to think this has truly saved this country. It's why I've gathered you here. Considering most of us were involved in the events that lead up to this and had ties to lord Light in one manner or another, I'm hoping you're all willing to help decide the future.”

There was another thing she wished to share with them, but she didn't feel like it was good to start off with such a thing. She needed to hear some opinions first. To see if people would even accept the fact she'd taken the lead in gathering everyone. To see how many would show up and truly join to begin with. Truth be told, it was gut-wrenching and nerve-wrecking. Yet she'd withstand it.​

Last edited:
Oliver Delselmon

"I said it before... But had hopes it wouldn't come to pass..." the elf was drained and drenched, his walk over had been met by the shower, and really despite his desires to remain confortable for a time the end was clear... His patronage has been cut swiftly and without thought.

In a sense, with the grand granying of life, so too came a very, very large death... The reaper let them keep the fields but took the farmer.

The elf stood at this table, staff in hand as it was more or less a staple of his being now... "Suffice to say, whats done is done... We may not know if their words are true... But... It changes little..."

The elf shifted his stance and leaned against the table. "What we have noe is a country without a leader, seen as ripe for the takeing by outsides all around. Don't turn your eyes solely to Ryken but to our other neighbors as well, enemies of Ryken, or even tenuous friends would salivate at the chance of siezing these lands... Without a strong head with Right to Rule, this place shall be beset upon...

Ryken is likely already preparing to head our way, and they aren't too fond of the Order as well... Though I am not of it, I can tell you, they wont come with an Olive Branch in one hand and an Axe in the other again...

If we are LUCKY they will celebratr their victory long enough for us to gain ground again... For those who stay that is... Lord Light's armies... Will they continue to stand with the Lord gone...?"

Retili Loxinofican

Retili kept his hands folded at the table while contemplating the events of just the day prior. His own Lord King, Linneus Light, Lord of Osun and King of Sol, Saviour of Light, was dead. Killed for turning himself in good faith into the hands of his Liege. He had been murdered in cold blood for the crime of saving his own people. Retili would not let the blood of his liege have been spilt in vain if he could have it. He cut a slim figure placed atop the raised chair. His usual cloak and veil were gone so that he could greet the others in full view. He did not want a single expression he had to go amiss. He waited until Oliver and Regula were both finished and then spoke. His tone was calm yet firm, a fierce look on his face. "I will not allow the efforts of our late Lord King, may the god's allow his soul rest, to be in vain. He turned himself in as a gesture of good will and they did not so much as give him a show trial. He did so to protect the county, but it seems clear to me that this King of the Ryke will not rest until he has torn apart the county for his own gain. If you wish for peace, then you must prepare for war. It is my opinion that we must elevate someone with noble blood to rule, and then raise the banners of the Kingdom of Sol. We cannot submit to the King of the Ryke. I say we stand and fight for the independence of Sol at any cost." Retili did not necessarily think they would face outside intervention from exterior powers. The invasion of Sol may still seem like another power was trying to seize control of the Ryke and cause a war between the greater powers, and with the conflict between the See and Empire at the moment he did not think that anyone would have the taste for that kind of conflict.

Konpaku.Youmu.600.2125213-3.jpg
Aria had been in the sleeping quarters, as now an official [knight of the order] she felt it was only proper to be available at a moments notice. Her sleep was restless, no matter how much she attempted to close her eyes, the images of fire and the pain accompanies with it were still much too soon, for her mind to ignore.

Morning came, and she stood as her mithril feet touched the cold floor. It was quite miraculous to experience such a magic that could make it possible for her to feel the floor through a metal. However, Aria was too tortured to care as she brought her hands to her face.

It was then that she got a knock on the door. "Yes?"

"A message from the scout, and a summon from Lady Regula."

Aria quickly got up and opened the door, as the morning chill brought its bitter news.

"The message?"

The messenger saluted, and pulled a piece of parchment from his robes, the courier seemed uneasy, which Aria would notice with a quick glance. She read the message quickly, but it wasnt a very long one. It would be only a few words that made Aria freeze, as her hand dropped along with the parchment as it flew away in the breezy morning.

"Executed." Aria gasped ever so softly as beads welled in the sword maidens eyes. "I.. told him.." she dropped to her knees, as denial quickly became heartache. "..not to go."

The courier saluted again, visibly saddened yet astute and composed in his duty, "Long live Lord Light." Then the messenger made his way back to the barracks.

"Why, did you-" She whispered to the breeze that made her hair sway as she looked down onto the marble floors of the castle. Thoughts of his first meeting in Highgrove would flash through her mind. Then to all the meetings since. How he believed in Aria's dream, and how he did for his people. His smile, his laughter, his sense of duty and his friendship.

This world, was indeed a kind of hell. A hell for the ones who would put their subjects and people before any selfish act or personal desire. As Aria now lay at her chambers door entrance, denial was ever so present. Perhaps it was a decoy, or a smokescreen, maybe some kind of foul propaganda to demoralize the newly founded country of Sol.

Whatever the matter, and whether Linneus was dead or not didnt change her purpose, if anything it would only embolden the sword maiden, to help serve and protect. The people now needed a leader, someone who could show them the way. She only hoped that whoever would sit on the throne was no lesser human.

--

After some time of processing the news, Aria gathered her things and made her way to the summons. Looking down more often, with melancholy and silent sorrow. No one could tell however as hiding emotions had been all too easy for the sword maiden.

Once at the entrance, she would only wait for a few moments before she made her way to a seat at this round table. Aria was fairly surprised but also quite glad that she had taken over as mediator. Aria was confident in her friends abilities, although she didn't think so, Aria saw the likeliness of one day calling Regula, Queen.

When prompted to share her thoughts, Aria sat up straight and made a fist on the table. "To those who don't know me, well met, my names Aria. As far as my thoughts, I'd say If peaceful dialogue is no longer and option, then I suggest we stand our ground and protect our lands and its people. We owe our position to those who hold us up, and to let them down is nothing more than failure. I say we also take into account what the populace feels, as this order was originally intended to serve them. Perhaps we could dispatch a recorder."
She looked away for a moment, then turned back to the council.
Clearly Ryken has become a foul place if someone as bright as Lord Linneus, a noble, would be executed without a trial over the saving of his people. It's time for this corruption to be brought to the light.

Last edited:
2f43e66e16e67da7342cc55f882375e0.jpg

Jareth Fletcher
| Human | Eyeglass Adept | Ryken Adventurer F | Sandman | Comrade |
Sandman - character's body is made of sand. Is likely to leave sand behind wherever they go. Has an easier time staying together in moist environments and less windy days. Even when solid, can give off the impression they may blow away at any moment.
Comrade - character has proved themselves to be a good ally and approachable. Character will have easier time convincing others to team up with their cause or to allow him to join theirs. More likely to join a cause that isn't worth joining too, however.

"I want you on your best behavior, Fleet." Jareth muttered into his scarf as he was escorted to the meeting room. "Make yourself useful by analyzing this building top to bottom. I want to know everything you can gather about its layout." Passersby might swear they saw a pair of glowing eyes peek out briefly from under his scarf as Jareth passed by, but the phantasm would disappear in the span of a blink.

Jareth entered the meeting hall paying attention to the room itself more than the people within for the first few moments of him being there. He would take careful consideration of the stonework as he casually made his way around to an open seat, which was purposefully chosen based on its location near said stonework. Pretending to have a trick knee, Jareth partially collapsed as he stomped the ground underfoot to see what material it was made of before finally taking a seat.

Only now did he take stock of those present in the room. Many of the faces were familiar from his brief stint in Linneus's tent outside of Yemaya. At least one face, a young woman, was entirely new. Then there was this lavendar haired lass that looked immensely familiar to Jareth. What was her name? Rugula? Raggle? Ah, it will come to him...or someone would state it perhaps. He nodded to her all the same.

The assembly appeared to be discussing political matters again. This Light County sure was busy as of late. The drear hanging in the room over the fate of their lord was largely missed by Jareth, who was ignorant of what transpired after he left Yemaya that night. He found that him being summoned at all was...odd. Even so, helping these folk seemed like the best course to help Michael, so...to that end....

"I...probably didn't make the best impression back at Yemaya, so, for those who saw me there, I hope you'll allow me to start over. My name is Jareth Fletcher, a citizen of Ryken. I've answered the summons in order to offer my help to your cause once more. I specialize in earth magic, but I'm also an eyeglass artisan if that skill may be of any use. I mainly intended to observe the proceedings as I'm sure the rest of you are much better at planning than I." Jareth gave his most genuine customer service smile.

Aya
Aya.png

Aya had only just returned from an adventure that Lord Light had sent her and Sariel on, unknowing of the events that transpired at Yemaya and the recent removal of the lord. Needless to say, the last thing Aya wanted to do was get dragged into another long quest. The Kitsune samurai was now walking through the main gate into Osun; looking around; she had already noticed a change in the atmosphere of the place.

What is going on here? This place looks like it just had a funeral or something. Aya thought to herself as she saw a messenger rushing toward her. Stopping for a moment as she waited for the messenger to relay whatever message it was going to be. She figured it would be a summon with the count or a report about something happening.

Her eyes widened for a moment when she was informed of the recent events. This was a very unexpected development and that Lady Regula had summoned the order was a bit strange. She wasn't sure why she had come to Osun that day when she and lord light had a meeting. But it had been some time since she had been in the city. Biting her lip she let out a sigh.

"Very well if the order has been summoned to a meeting, I guess I must attend to my obligation," Aya stated as she ran her hand through her silver hair before picking up the pace and rushing toward the residence where the meeting was being held. Upon reaching the door, she heard Aria speak and then another voice she hadn't heard before.

Pushing open the door, she looked around the room some faces were new and others were not.
"I would have arrived sooner but, I was away on a mission at the request of lord Light," Aya explained as she took her seat at the table. Looking around the table, she pondered what over events had transpired while they were gone at that temple. Aya started to go over Aria's idea in her head.

It was sensible but also time-consuming, while Sol didn't have the population of Ryke nor the military power. "While I do agree we should take into account of the people in Sol that will take time. Time we simply may not have, with that being said, if you all intend to find a new leader and make a stand. We first need to ensure the survival of Sol, a leader can do that, sure. But a single bad leader at this point in time will bring the whole thing crashing down. So I say we focus on keeping Sol intact instead of electing a leader right here and right now. We need alliances, trade, something that will give Ryke pause." Aya stated as she stood up from her chair and started to pace around the table.

"As it stands we do not have a deterrence, we have some soldiers to keep order, a population to manage, the people gathered here are notable in some way or shape. But that does not give us any real defense against Ryke. Lady Regula you are a noble that much was clear when you first came here but I doubt Ryke will accept that. As it stands we are a lone in a sea of enemies. With the war between the see and the eastern empire we have even fewer places to look for allies. So I would suggest sending me and a small group of knights to either the beast republic or the western Empire. Of course if we go to the western empire we would need to make a deal with another nation that way so we could move supplies and forces through it," Aya concluded as she went full circle around the table and returned to her seat.

The Round Table
d1d24a8d25946cfe8d29e23d828f348bee710a4d.jpg
Mentions: Retili conman2163 conman2163 | Aria RavenSong RavenSong | Olivier Orikanyo Orikanyo | Jareth Clyvelle Clyvelle | Aya saxon saxon | NPC's/Michael (?) Novama Novama

Regula

Out of the first to show up, the Elf she'd met only recently was the first to speak up. She agreed with most of his assessment. “With some luck the war between the East Empire and The See and the outbreak of those bug-like monster will keep them preoccupied enough not to take any immediate action against us, yet I fear the country of Sol would be of strategic value to them should they wish to invade one-another, as it'd allow them a passage into the other country that avoids most of the bug-infested zones.” She said, as she kept the geopolitical landscape in mind as much as she could. “Whilst they might not be an immediate threat, I agree that they'd definitely be one in the future if we don't play our cards right.”

There was one thing she figured might work a little to their advantage. “Whilst I'm not sure how much of lord Light's troops will remain, I think we might stand a chance again to hire mercenaries or adventurers. Some of us, myself included, have ties to the adventurer's guild. Whilst they might not be eager to work for someone associated to lord Light, we might still convince them if we're tactful about it.”

She was a bit surprised when the small creature spoke up with ferocity. If anything, his words quite matched her own desires. It's why she figured she'd reveal one of her cards to the rest of this group. “With regards to noble blood, I am currently accepted as a branch noble, yet I believe I might be able to eventually prove that I'm the daughter of none other than the crown-prince himself. Needlessly to say, the current monarch won't take kindly to it, but from what I've gathered, there are two Dukes ruling Ryke. One of them isn't from the current royal family and is somewhat of a rival for power. They might support us if we play our cards well.”

Having Aria at her side somewhat calmed her nerves. It's always great to have a trusted friend nearby in stressful situations. She only faintly recognised Jareth... “We met at that rabbit hunt, have we not?” She tried to recall. He looked a lot different from back then, however, so she wasn't sure.

Finally, some of the fluffiest tails around walked in. The person they belonged to was soon to voice a fair amount of their thoughts. Regula wasn't sure what to think of most of her words. “Even if we chose not to have a leader, we will need leadership. Someone or some group that the people can trust will handle them and fill in the void left by the passing of lord Light. At the very least, we'd need some sort of council to handle all the topics you mentioned.” At this point in time, she was willing to delay her own queenly aspirations for the sake of keeping this country afloat.

“The Beast Republic might indeed be a good place to start. We'd have to think about what we could offer them in return, however...” There were a few things Regula could come up with. “Perhaps a promise to help outlaw all forms of slavery of beasts, yet with a promise of having an easy immigration policy should they wish to work here?” Regula wasn't sure about the Western Empire. “The Western Empire is quite far. It could be worth checking, but I'm not sure of how much use it could be. Besides, we might be likelier to gain support form smaller nations. Perhaps Widersia?” She didn't wish to even mention the Magic Duchy.

“Perhaps we should try to lay out what we already have and what we will still need. For example, I know that me and Aria, as well as some other members of the Order, have fairly good relation with The See after attempting to help avoid a terrorist plot. Sadly enough, it's perpetrator managed to frame us and made us fugitives in the East Empire, but it should at least give us some leverage. We'd even be able to seek advise from the See pantheon itself...” There was one big downside to that. “... naturally though, the more we'd rely on them, the more we'd give up our independence.”

“I also know that some of us have ties to the adventurer's guild, like I mentioned before. They might not be willing to aid us in a direct war, but perhaps they'd be willing to help us secure trade routes and at the very least, I hope we'll be able to make them abstain from siding with Ryke and taking action against us.”

That left them with what they needed. “What we probably need the most is time. To rebuilt, train new soldiers, get a new governing and military structure going, finding and securing trade routes... With lord Light taken down, perhaps Ryke will not act immediately and take some more time. If we can pacify them, even if it's just temporarily, it'll buy us valuable time. Ideally, we'd be able to avoid a war altogether, but I believe we should be prepared for one. I could personally work the forge if needed, or perhaps see if I can get the Adventurer's Guild on our side or maybe even see if I can find more concrete evidence of my right to the throne, which might be useful later, or see if we can get the other Duke on our side.” There were many options and many things needed. She wasn't even sure where to start.

Oliver Delselmon

Ah... More and more words... The fluffy one is stating they didn't need a leader... But in truth he would say that is foolish. A leader isn't a handicap it is a requirement, even in democratics there is a head. And in truth they needed the expedience a leader gives more than ever... And a strong one at that...

"To have no leader means each decision will take three times as linger to debate, each foible will be fussed over, it is better to have a hard line maker of choices, who can have a clear pointed decisive decision made... It will be much faster, and we can have a certain way forward, if they think ling form..." Oliver spoke up on the notion of a leader, his piece said he moved onto other topics...

"We've eyes on us, in how we handle this new situation. Not only will we have those watching for chances to take... But we'll have a fee likely thinking we may be a good ally ourselves. We may even have to take on a debt or two... to survive in the short while... A not very attractive prospect, but no country in this land is free of a debt or two...

Hard stances can help us allign ourselves naturally, hardline stances against slavery of beastfolk shall allign us against those who do condone such things, that much is obvious, but we also have to concern ourselves upon what the people we have are about.

They are a faithful lot, i've taken my time to observe them in my ongoings. Small shrines have been popping up all over, they have been praying for the soul of Lord Light... He is given a type of savior role of a sort. Though actions of whom did the ressurection is besides the point he seemed to have gained much of a following.

This religious facet can be troublesome, but a chance as well. For the young man, may he rest ever more in peace, is somewhat of a martyr... If you follow me on this thought..."

Oliver rapped his fingers upon the table lightly. "Say this... Our Lord Light, given a flash of insight from their god, decided against the judgement of his peers to give plea to the lords of Ryken, to spare his people as they are very much his chief care. Treachery abound, his good meaning words and desires are met naught with a dagger in the back and a headsman's block. These are notes all know... But...

Perhaps we use this story and the people's religious ties... What say we utilize these things ti draw in and enforce people's live of the Late Lord Light? He himself would want nothing more than his people protected, thus he went to Ryken, but... Its a story just waiting for a spin..." Oliver leaned hard against the round table now.

"Make Lord Linneus a martyr, the Son of Light, let his spirit be cherished and held tightly by the people. Sol country's name alone works in this way, S O L, Son of Light. Dare say many may call it divine providence...

The people already pray for him, lets give them a story to write... i'm not theologian yet, but if given leave I could perhaps spin a tale... By his word we've brought back the dead, reunited lovers and family... Dare say, if we've a hand in plucking the astrings the song could go our way quite handily in gaining support for any leader we put in our front.

All we need is the people to listen, to act... The Martyrdom of The Son of Light, may just help our potential leader gain a degree of right to rule in regards to the people's faithful eyes..." the elf gave a look towards Regula, an appraising look, one that seemed to observe her much like one might be seen by a doctor...

"Noble born, brave as your proven your adventuring nature... More than willing to speak and plan, you called us here yourself as well instead of letting the place rot...

If we have to vote, mine shall be for you young lady, we shall need a leader, perfectly chosen to make the desicions needed... Councellers can act in smaller degrees but large decision will need a leader... In whatever name they employ. If you've desire to lead us out of this mess... Since many of our names are likely marked already... I hope you shall lend us your strength..."

Guild Girl

1ed86c841ec730d5870b3cdade6198a4.jpg

Mentions: Orikanyo Orikanyo Clyvelle Clyvelle Elvario Elvario RavenSong RavenSong saxon saxon conman2163 conman2163

Guild girl quietly smiled from her seat opposing most of the others at the round table. Dressed professionally and carrying herself compitently, Guild Girl was the Adventurer's Guild representative invited to the meeting. She would be speaking in an official capacity on behalf of the guild in the event she must. Guild Girl is a well known member of the guilds administration team and many adventurers would remember her helping them get signed up or taking some of their first quests. She was also present and involved in many rank up recommendations. Just like behind her counter in a guild hall, she seemed ready to lend aid and guidance to any that would inquire of her. It was her role to assist. Not to lead. Especially, considering what she had to share.

Fleet Jareth's Companion

image.webp

Mentions: Orikanyo Orikanyo Clyvelle Clyvelle Elvario Elvario RavenSong RavenSong saxon saxon conman2163 conman2163

"The inside of this drawer is mighty sus,"

Fleet commented after slipping inside one of the drawers found in the castle kitchens.

"Sandman will wish to know about this. They are hiding valuable materials,"

Fleet said confidently in a voice barely above a squeaky whisper as it started rubbing its face and oversized eyes into the silvers and intricate metals of the kitchen cutlery.

Later,

Fleet's shifty white eyes could be seen poking out from around various corners as it skulked around the castle. Occasionally, a cleaning maid would hear vigorous sniffing noises only to look around and see their own shadow. Fleet was generally between their feet inspecting the fine granules of earth and other particulates. He was hot on a trail of questionable outcomes. Fleet would occasionally lick the shoes to better collect the samples. The milking maid's shoes came as a particular shock in the richness and consistency of what was stuck to them.

"I'm close. I can feel it...oh, that looks shiny and metalic..."

Torlion the Merchant Guild Representative

5cfef56435e3db69a9fb249fed656f32.jpg

"Pardon, but perhaps we could spend more time discussing the finances of Your situation. Whatever you choose to do, you'll need money. Does this country even have control of its own currency and cashflow yet? You'll bankrupt yourselves before Ryke even has time to take afternoon tea. Speaking of, I have another deal this afternoon, so I'd appreciate more focus on one topic at a time. Preferably starting with money and assets which all others rely upon,"

The seasoned beastman hissed his insistence. Clearly a seasoned negotiator for the Merchant's guild. One of the few guilds to remain in Linneus's domain post his installment, there have been sore feelings between the guild and Linneus ever since his business dealings with lesser merchants not fit for the role bestowed upon them by the former lord. Torlion obviously had little concern for the nation so much as whether a profitable deal could be made. The Merchant's guild was openly backing Ryke and had willingness to back Sol too if it meant increased profits.

The tortle's seat was larger than most others, made specifically for larger creature specimens. The beastman's long talons click-clacked on the round table in impatience. He saw near Guild Girl.

Head Monk of The Sun God Leilosis

1665380064543-png.1029635

Cutting off the Tortle, the Head Monk slammed her fist on the table in righteous indignation to glare at Oliver. Her eyes flared briefly with mana enriched by the sun.

"My Lord will not be used in death to lead a violent revolt. It's bad enough we have all these fools believing in immortality running underfoot and sullying the nation. Last thing we need is to radicalize what remains of the people to go on crusade. What did our king die for if not to lead as a blinding and brilliant example of his wishes to live honestly and steadfast without blood on our hands. We should remember the tenets of Leilosis. The sun casts out shadow and the hidden. What lies in shadow except treachery and deceit. We must find another way."

The Head Monk stated her peace energetically but remained seated. As a religion founded in Sol, Leilosis followers had nowhere to go and would face severe persecution by Ryke's association of religions. Her and her followers' stakes in Sol remaining a nation could not be overstated. Despite that, they were very difficult to move in any particular direction that may actually help save the nation at the cost of them bending some of their tenets of faith. She was seated opposite of Oliver in the seating.

Baron Highgrove

c4b7770a28070796a850ac500c8fba9b.jpg

"Young pups should listen more and bark less,"

Baron Highgrove commented bitterly in regards to a few of the outbursts.

"Nothing productive comes from throwing coals at a flame in one go. Best to discuss one topic at a time as Master Torlion has suggested and to start with those who have the seniority and standing to lead the discussion. While I appreciate Dame Regula coordinating the meeting and Master Deslelmon's input, as far as I'm concerned, I'm the only one present with true claim to the throne or county seat and should be the one to lead this talk.

I agree with Master Torlion. We should discuss the finances first. Specifically, the money we will give in tribute to Ryke as part of our apology for this whole matter. After our lord was executed, it was made clear that Ryke is not looking to wage war and only to remove problematic forces within the nation. As far as I'm concerned, this whole ordeal will be a memory once we scrub ourselves of the Order and the Cultists, present company excluded, of course."

The baron was an aged man and had served as an adviser and knight for many a lord before Linneus entered the scene and presumably would have long after until he was given Baron seat by the Count. While his wisdom and ways differed from Linneus's world view and the 2 frequently disagreed, there was a mutual respect. With Linneus gone, his barons would likely be the ones assuming his vacant throne until they were removed, replaced, or officially recognized. Highgrove was the most seasoned of the Baron's with military and political acumen. Even if his thoughts ran opposite of the table, it would be foolish to make an enemy of him just as much as the rest of the table participants.

The beastman nodded his aged head in agreement. The High Monk simmered quietly after throwing a glare at the Baron. The sun's rays could be warm and sometimes they could be hot. Guild Girl continued to smile patiently.

Charles - Order Councilman

541c7ca655cdd8397c8540c0eab4e698.jpg

An old knight in formal armor rather than practical equipment sat near the Beastman merchant and the Baron Highgrove. He simply sighed and softly smiled as he took the whole proceedings in stride. When a moment in the banter opened, he paid no mind to the contempt that might come from the Baron or others as he added a bit to the conversation as well.

"I know you said 'present company excluded', but I am right here, Hammond. The council has not yet decided whether or not to disolve ourselves, but I can tell you this much: we will have a lot of young men looking for a thank you from the county they have served faithfully this past year as much as any soldier, if not more. Let's not forget them during this talk of finances and perhaps I can better convince the rest of the council that ending things here and taking a payout is more advantagous than living as highway men in our twilight years."

The councilman's motives were clear: so long as there was sufficient number of rykes in it, the Order would move or disappear as decreed. While he didn't speak for all the council, he was most senior council member and represented the opinions of the more senior members and leadership. He was not too proud to accept a bribe or other compensation and openly acknowledged men with strength and no money would submit themselves to a particular lifestyle.

Despite Charles and his questionable character on display, he was one of the most combat capable in the room barring those that had met with [god]. It was apparent to those with combat experience how the man could be so at ease despite talking about the potential doom of a nation and his own faction.

Aya
Aya.png

Aya looked over at the elf for a moment shaking her head and then to Regula, the elf was a stranger and Regula to a degree. But, she saw no reason to elect a leader here and now when there were other matters to be discussed. If they wanted to be the leader of a nation that was bankrupt and poor then she was going to let them sit on that throne. "Let me clarify what I said, we need the nation to stand on its own before we elect a leader unless you want to be known as the Queen of rags." Aya stated looking around the room, she wasn't going to hold back any punches on the matter.

When she was about to continue the other individuals particularly the merchant spoke. "Yes, we should get the finances in order first, as he said we will bankrupt ourselves before we begin at all," Aya agreed as the other counselors spoke their minds. Each had their own goal well all except the adventurer's guild. Their representative only seemed to smile. Sitting back in her chair she let out a sigh as the baron spoke.

"So you would condemn innocent people to die is that correct Baron? Once we hand those people over what happens to them? Surely your support in the region would diminish would it not?" Aya inquired as she leaned on the table in front of her. At the moment there seemed to be no real direction this meeting was going and she once again looked at the guild girl who sat there quietly.

"Using someone as a martyr is dangerous, it inspires both the best and the worst. My people have a saying, power is dangerous. It corrupts the best and attracts the worst. Power is only given to those willing to lower themselves to pick it up," Aya paused for a moment and looked around the room. In her mind claim wise the Baron was right he had the most legitimate claim.

She knew the moment a bastard appeared to push their claim it would be much harder to rally support from the nobles. Not to mention the baron had years of growing up in that kind of society so he knew how to pay the game. "Now that you all spoken your minds, what does the adventurer's guild have to say on the matter? Are they going to remain neutral in the matter or is this a formality?" Aya inquired as she was curious about their stance on the matter. At this point she wasn't even sure if she planned to stay or not. No doubt the outcome of the meeting was going to decide that.

Monika Rommel
ANIME-PICTURES.NET_-_397004-743x1150-original-hetza+(hellshock)-single-long+hair-tall+image-lo...jpgMonika oddly enough sat at this "round table meeting" as well. Her authority to be here was tenuous at best, and more realistically non-existent. But the woman who had called for the many individuals present seemed to deem even the role she had played as something worthy of the call. Monika had to admit the situation had spiraled in ways she could not have foreseen. From the attack on the camp, her loss of manpower, and the late Count's ascension to King and subsequent capture by those in power over this land. Monikas mind was already settling on execution and likely torture befalling the short lived "King Light". His extended absence was damning evidence to that, and even if he was alive it didn't change the situation for her or this would be country.

Her plan for contact with the natives of this world had developed into something quite dangerous. As the representative of the German Empire in this world her choices in the coming days would heavily impact the Reichs foreign policy and position in the other world. She studied the faces arrayed around her, some familiar such as the Elf Oliver, the Scribe of Linneus, and one other she happened to recall seeing in the Counts tent.

Monika listened intently to the proceedings, her officers cap sat upon the table at her side and her black gloved hands atop one another on the table. She was quiet her eyes merely shifting attention to whoever had the floor. It wasn't just defenders of Yemaya here, but politicians and bureaucrats as well. She had spent some time while waiting for Linneus to familiarize herself with the various administrations of this world, but there was still knowledge she did not have. That being said she had heard of the Adventurers Guild, a continent spanning organization that were essentially mercenaries. Doing all sorts of jobs from killing monsters, treasure hunting, security, and even mundane tasks. She could imagine their use especially with the exotic creatures and relics that existed in this world. But an organization of loose disparate potentially powerful individuals let relatively loose seemed rather dangerous to her. Besides them was the Merchant Guild, a representative of what was essentially a collection of oligarchs. It seemed they were an integral part of the economical system. Monika could respect the entrepreneurial spirit even if she was more militarily inclined. The others were a religious leader representing the interests of the "Sun Gods" followers, Baron Highgrove, and Order Councilor Charles. Monika wasn't a religious women herself so she didn't quite know what to make of the Head Monk. The Baron and Councilor were interesting individuals however, and as she listened to them a plan forward began to form in her mind.

Finally rousing from her quiet observance Monika calmly spoke aloud seeking to cut through the conversational discord [Deaths Head]. "In all likelihood your options shall be war or total submission." Her voice came out with an apparent german accent, but her Common was perfectly understandable thanks to whatever force had affected her upon coming to this world. "The King has been taken by this 'Ryke' leaving a vacuum, undesirables spread their influence by the day, a whole city is practically gone and this countries economy is in shambles all but threatening to collapse entirely." Monika wore a polite smile with her hands steepled in front her and her blue eyes leveling a piercing gaze. The black leather of her uniform and the harsh red of her armband made her stand out, giving credence to her foreign nature. "I'm quite familiar with situations like this. Even if the country of Sol were to pay tribute to the King of Ryke you'd be looking at a stagnate nation hemorrhaging money. Additionally its very unlikely the King would leave Sol be because they paid reparations. To the King, Sol is at worst a treasonous state. Linneus Light being branded as a traitor to the crown calls into question the loyalty of every noble and leader tied to him. The King won't be sure of who is loyal to him or to Linneus, and with the situation with the cultists and the destruction of a Barony Sol will seem far too volatile." Monika paused for a moment considering the situation and how it may unfold. "He'll likely seek to reinstate law and order. Its not out of the realm of possibility that soldiers would be deployed both to deal with the issues such as the cultists and keep you all in line. From there a purge of those in power I'm sure those who cooperate may keep their position, but they'll look to removing any remaining influence Linneus and his faction would have in Sol, and replace them with those loyal to him alone. It is what I would do. I admit that I can't be sure of all of that happening exactly as I described, but one thing I am willing to bet on is that the country of Sol will be changed drastically by this. Whether you fight or submit it is unavoidable. The question is whether it is Sol or the King that makes this change. At the very least expect some cultural destruction."

Monika finished her prediction of the coming months. She did not fully expect to get so into it, but the current state of Sol reminded her somewhat of Germany after World War I. Perhaps she had gotten a bit ahead of herself. She couldn't help but wonder what her superiors would think of her decisions. Likely nothing overly positive, but she had been given leave to do whatever she thought would best benefit Germany's interests. She sighed lightly before leaning back in her chair. Monika didn't want to step on too many toes; best remain diplomatic. "Verzeihung, or rather, excuse me if I spoke out of turn. I had my own men lose their lives in defense of what remained of Yemaya; I've grown rather attached to this matter." That wasn't necessarily a lie but not particularly the truth either. What she was "attached" to was her mission of securing a place for the Reich in this world and not really Sol itself, but her familiarity with the country over others on top of her loss in manpower just to make contact, made her want to explore what opportunity she may have here. "But I believe introductions are in order... I am Standartenführer Rommel an emissary from the Greater German Reich a nation quite far from here. I made contact with the late King Light during the crisis in the Thorne Barony. I had intended to establish diplomatic relations through him, but that is no longer an option. While I make no promises on behalf of my superiors, I am allowed to perform my duty in any way I see fit with the full backing of the German Reich. If someone who represents the Country of Sol is present or found then I would ask to discuss matters with them. The German people may be able to aid Sol, through trade if nothing else. I would only request a mutual cooperation." She laid out what she could without getting roped into their arguments. It was a little messy for her taste but the situation was anything but orderly. She left it unsaid but if Sol capitulated to Ryke and was unable to get their affairs in order then she would just turn to them instead. Their battle was not hers, but she was willing to take risks for unique opportunities. Unfortunately with the fact that she hailed from a different world with only one point of entry into this one what she could actually offer was very little, but they didn't know that. And in the coming months that would change, based off projections given before she left the portal should stabilize very soon. From there she'd get her resources and reinforcements. Then this recon operation could start turning into an actual colonization effort.

• [Deaths Head] - Intimidation F, Persuasion E, - Monika makes use of her experience as a member of the Schutzstaffel. With a domineering charisma she persuades her target into giving her what she wants. Whether it be their loyalty, or resources. - Grade E - 1 Post Cooldown

Regula
Mentions: Olivier Orikanyo Orikanyo | NPC's/Michael (?) Novama Novama

Regula received Olivier's message with mixed feelings. “Whilst I'm grateful for your support, I'll have to agree with the Head Monk. Using religious fanaticism seems like something that'd go against lord Light's wishes and would likely eventually come back to bite us.”

Baron Highgrove was... dubious. He made some good points. Also some clear power-hungry ones. At the very least he showed to be a trained diplomat, considering his careful choice of words and the fact he'd rightfully anticipated that the order councilman that joined them was willing to step down should he just be bought out.

She'd only stared at Aya with a mildly disappointed look. For as fluffy as her tails were, she was surely quick to try come up with witty insults. She didn't really wish to reply to it. There was one thing she wanted to confirm, after Aya addressed the girl from the Adventurer's Guild, Regula did so as well. “If I might add to that question, have you heard of Michael and his current whereabouts?” She sighed. “Considering his prior achievements with the Adventurer's Guild, I'm wondering if his latest actions have made you abandon him or not. If not, his status as an adventurer might be useful in helping stave off any attempts at collaring him, if you excuse my terminology for a bit.”

After having heard them all out, she knew that they had very little grounds to build on. Especially how easily Charles was willing to be paid off was a hard-hitting thing to swallow. “There are two things I'd personally wish to avoid. One is abandoning a comrade. Michael made his mistakes, yes, but he created a miracle to make up for it. Whilst I don't believe it makes him worthy of worship, it shouldn't be condemned and get him to be forced into submission either. Ideally, we'd be able to learn from himself what his stance in all of this is.” That brought her to the second point. “The other is that I'd like to avoid bloodshed as much as possible. It'd defeat the purpose that the Order was created for if we fight pointless wars, however, I believe there are things at stake that are worth fighting for.”

She looked at Baron Highgrove again. “With all due respect, I believe that going into this with an apology would only backfire. It'd show that we're unable to function and might just lure out harsher punishments. Personally, I believe we should do what we can to meet Ryke on terms as equal as possible, through whatever resources we can get our hands on in whatever time we can buy. The more we'll be able to put on the table by the time Ryke comes knocking, the likelier that we can resolve this in a peaceful manner without giving up on some of the things that matter most to us. Does anyone have any ideas on what else we can use as leverage?”

Rommel's words just confused her. German Rich? Was that an incarnation of the Holy Roman Empire from after her life? She had no clue. She knew for sure it wasn't in this world. Considering she had no clue who this girl was and whether or not her country even existed, she decided not to reply to her. She already had enough on her mind.

680680F9-05C2-494B-919B-D63DEE18F6AF.png

After everyone spoke their piece, Aria looked down at the table, her fist eased as she began to ponder. It didn’t appear there was anything quite clear, she suddenly realized she was in fact in the presence of a great political vacuum. It dawned upon the sword maidens mind just how much Lord Linneus had been managing. She never quite realized how many moving parts were required to run a territory. It was also evident that it took so many strong leaders. All committed in various ways; separate yet united, to keep things in order.

Perhaps this was why progress for the lowly commoner was so difficult to achieve. Things were just much more complex and nuanced. Aria evaluated, as she listened.

Regulas reservations and suggestions were certainly understandable, to avoid blood shed and open war was likely the last resort. But it would seem that if the council didn’t organize, then perhaps Ryke would see their silence as a weakness, as some had said or suggested. In which case open war might happen anyway.

The bit about Michael made sense too, but Aria couldn’t help but wonder where he’d been during these trying times. It made sense that he would stay away however, he’d made himself a target for both criticism and worship. Perhaps it was for the best.

Her gaze turned to Rommel, she was quite outlandish to Aria, her accent was strange but her words were keen and precise. The evaluation made much sense, although grim. Had they really tried to help to the point they had become the very thing they set out to oppose?

“As much as it pains me to agree, lady Rommel certainly speaks true. Perhaps the time has come to take a deeper responsibility for this newly founded nation that’s been thrown in our hands to defend..”

Aria closed her eyes and took a deeply breath before beginning.

“..If a recorder is not possible, and if this council believes it inessential to evaluate what the people would desire from us in regards to the threat of Ryke. Then we should begin by assigning another to be leader to this budding country, if that’s what we are to call it.”

She looked around the table, every face and every opinion mattered to her, they had shown passion and commitment to this new kingdom, and if they were willing to sit here meant that they certainly had a deep investment, whether monetary, pride, or life.

“I understand there are other matters of pressing urgency, but if we don’t have anyone to make the final decision then I’m afraid we’ll never come to any sort of meaningful conclusions.”

Aria hoped it would spur a conversation around the matter. But she also expected backlash, considering she knew almost nothing about running an entire state.

She accepted her limitations, but Arias greatest concern was the safety of the people she swore to serve. And she acted on what she was certain of and not speculation.

Last edited:
Retili Loxinofican

Retili was silent during the whole affair. The easiest word to describe his mood was shock. A golden haired elf was spewing nonsense about making Linneus a martyr. His ministers seemed only to talk of giving in and cashing out. It was becoming more and more depressingly obvious that this council did not seem to have the stomach to commit to the violence necessary to win a war with the Ryke and guarantee Sol County's independence. One was even talking of the ludicrous idea of a populist vote. The lords and ministers of this infant nation all wanted to seek a diplomatic solution to the issue when it was clear the moment they executed Linneus that they no longer had a diplomatic option. There seemed to be no one willing to consider the obvious necessary steps to prepare an army of Sol for war with the Ryke. It was clear this was a sinking ship, but none here seemed willing to man the pumps. Retili continued to sit in silence and stew on the matter, watching on with growing concern.

Baron Highgrove

c4b7770a28070796a850ac500c8fba9b.jpg

The Baron's aged face made him appear to be scowling all the time. It only darkened by some of the comments he heard. He would cut off Guild Girl, who was about to answer, with some thoughts of his own,

"Perhaps I was not clear before."

His words came out stern and commanding like a military leader corralling his mens' spirits before a battle.

"Lord Linneus is without direct decendant officially. That means succession of the county seat falls to his first Baron, myself. While they other Barons are free to protest, they are not present and Baron Thorne hasn't a leg to stand on. That means I will be making the final decisions in this meeting and going forward until such time that isn't so. Any that wish to continue questioning my role in this meeting are free to be guided out,"

Highgrove then snapped his fingers and guards stationed at the doors of the room moved forward a step. Their armor and boots making their presence and numbers known to all in the room.

"I will make another thing clear. Dame Rommel's offer of support is much appreciated and will likely be needed in the coming months. She is right in that only War or our Surrender will be the only options possible. Ryke, itself, has declared it so in not so many words. Our Lord has been taken. The terms of our Surrender have already been delivered. We are not responsible for delivering anyone else over to Ryken. Merely the driving out of 'Cultists' and 'Treasonous' operatives. We are surrendering. Not begging for acknowledgement as a state.

The tribute and apology is merely a formality to show sincerity. Perhaps they replace all leadership in Sol by the time this is all over. It will not require anymore heads....Pardon, it will not require anymore noble sacrifices,"

The Baron concluded, attempting to make his position crystal clear. The Monk of Leilosis audibly smoldered and sizzled with open contempt at being branded a cultist and have the end of their practice within Sol so plainly stated. The Baron's political correctness spared the room the Monk's zealotry for the moment.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back