• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.
Linneus Light

Interactions: Novama Novama
Mentions: Sam136 Sam136

While he waited to be checked in by the tavern owner, Linneus couldn't help but notice a somewhat familiar face among the crowd. It was a noble, of that he was sure, but the name escaped him at the moment. "Do any of you know that man over there?" He whispered to his guard while pointing slyly at the light-haired figure. They all pondered the stranger's identity for a moment, but as Alanna returned to the group she, everyone was interrupted by the sudden outburst of an enormous man.

Linneus' entourage was just as thrown as some of the civilians and they couldn't believe how the man was acting. Not only was it disrespectful and shameful, it was unbefitting of someone of his station. As the man continued his tirade, Alanna looked to Linneus and the two locked eyes for a brief moment before she laid her hand on the hilt of her sword. Being the only knight in Linneus' party, the other swordsmen followed Alanna's lead and when she went on alert they did as well.

"I think this establishment and everyone in it would prefer that you left rather than anyone else." Linneus spoke up boldly. "You've been far more disruptive to the peace than anyone else has been. On top of that you're embarrassing yourself and bringing shame to your fellow soldiers. This is no way for a General of any army to behave." The young Baron cast a disapproving glare at the larger man and maintained a poised, authoritative posture.

"I advise you sit back down and enjoy the warmth." Alanna said with a warning tone. "But if you'd prefer to start some trouble..." She looked to the rest of her swordsmen and then back to the General.

e87ab3da7c6e4dc8afcb707cf8ac83cb.jpg

Jennie Gladwin Melton
Jennie Stand-in.jpg

The door of Wendy's Trading Post opened a young and slender woman quickly hurried in, closing the door behind her quickly but carefully to avoid making the room ever colder. Her clothes being caked with snow implied that she had been in the blizzard for awhile now, her shaking hands dusting off the unwanted snow at the door. Her attire would suggest she was the captain of a ship (or at the very least the commander of one), and the lack of warmer clothing implied that she started her travel before the blizzard started. With hasty footsteps she made her way over to the counter, her shivers just barely audible as she pulled a bag of coin from her belt.
"How much for a bowl of stew and hot chocolate?" Jennie asked Wendy with a shiver in her voice, not having noticed the madman sitting with the bounty-hunter yet. Perhaps it was for the best that she didn't. As she sorted through her bag of coins to try and preemptively collect what she needed, another glance around the room showed Izaak and Alastair; followed by Kansan, Linneus, Akasi, and Flnnegan to boot. The agitated look of an old man by the fire also caught her eye, with an off putting feeling coming from the likes of him causing her to keep a cautious eye out. The smell of the stew won over her attention once more as she anxiously awaited an answer, fiddling with a coin in her fingers to cope with how cold and stiff her body felt.​

Finnegan Huttman
Sam136 Sam136 Weazel Weazel

@ all in the room.
580d40d8c8a6312c1cd846216083bc0c.jpg

"Well, i dare say those are some difficult questions. But! a knight never shys away from the going when it goes tough! So, I shall answer! For the first, I would advise my lord against his actions, to harm the populace in such a way, through overly greedy taxes and trying to slay the people shall only bring his downfall! With such evil, it is only a matter of time before his downfall is certain.

Take for instance." he raises his voice. "Someone with power, if that power is not used with wisdom and scrutiny, he shall find many a dagger in the dark when he would normally find friends if he is only willing to give and share the warmth he is supposed to give. For it is the duty of one in power to do so, so that the people can live happily. For a happy people is a happy ruler. So they say anyways.

A king who one day eats gruel can feed his people for a week.

And one who eats crow(Turn of phrase, to be humble and be willing to "Eat your words") on the regular finds himself with great wisdom to fight against the true enemies who seek his downfall. Such a lord I wish to serve one day! It may be unfeasible, but I cannot discard my hopes even so, perhaps, one day, i may succeed!" Finnegan's smile is outright blinding, it was almost as if he believed his words weren't just the blinded dreams of an idiot.

"The second! I dare say thats a rough call, and one I have imagined so often myself in dark knights, likely to keep myself awake longer than I should. In such cases, it is best to know if there are truths in either's stories... is there signs of such abuse? Who is this man she is aiming to run off with. Whom is the prince she is to be wed to.. Itis the circumstance that makes this moment and desicsion. But right now, i cannot answer, for I have nothing to make an answer with." it was a tough one, but Finnegan would not let it effect him too much.

"For the third, i would fight and protect the old man. I would fight to hold out, and await until the old man would send for help. the bandits may be numerous, but they likely lack in skill and strong armaments. You may say i throw my life away, but to live by throwing away one's elders and those in need is not a life I shall live.

I owe my father such, and I know for certain.. Those bandits will be lovely training in the realms of fortitude and strength! Haha, now I want to have a good duel!" The young man's smile never faltered, it was as if the dour mood around them couldn't touch him or break through this armor of sheer audacity.

"i think, we should all embrace the furtive efforts of our darling violinist! Come now! Lets all sing and dance and be merry in this blizzard! the more we sour the mood inside the more the cold creeps in!

Bar lady! Please! bring us something cheap and heady! Let us sing! And beat back the cold without!

Someone! tell me! What, do we do?

With a drunken sailor!? So early in the morning!?"

He called out to the crowd around him, fist up high and foot on a chair.

Last edited:
Izaak
Wendy's. Interactions: Sam136 Sam136 Orikanyo Orikanyo , Mentions: LadyOfStars LadyOfStars

Suffice to say, Alastair’s answers did not surprise him any. He betrayed himself as a deeply cynical man, who found little value in much anything, let alone something as base as ‘ideals.’ Still, interestingly, despite his assertions that an ideal knight would do as told, in both of the questions where Izaak included an authority figure – a Liege-Lord and His Majesty the King, respectively – Alastair’s given answer was he’d disobey. In the first, he claimed the task beneath him, in the second a wish not to make powerful enemies. Izaak said nothing in response to the blatant contradiction, simply waiting to see if Alastair realized it himself.

By contrast, Finn surprised him plenty. Maybe Izaak’s original read on the man had been wrong? For someone that affected such an air headed disposition, it seemed clear the actual knight at their table possessed a rare amount of wisdom and courage. That was not to say there wasn’t also a degree of pragmatism to said answers, but still, it seemed to Izaak at least Finn was a knight in the mold of the kind Izaak was referring to. But, before Izaak could properly respond to the man, he was off to sing and dance with the violinist. A strange one to be sure, but an ideal Alastair could look up to, if the man was ever to escape from his own self-aggrandizement.

Well, not that there wasn’t soon something else for Izaak to focus on. An old man that’d been sitting by the fire exploded in rage, apparently over the fact that the tavern had business from people like Izaak. It just went to show his point – humans would never accept them, no matter how hard they tried to conform to what they wanted. Even more than that, the old coot was visibly armed and armored, as if he’d come here intending to start a fight from the start. He threatened to leave if the beastfolk and fae weren’t tossed out in the cold. Naturally, the owner of the business made no move to do more than give him a mild scolding.

As for the other patrons, for most it was still business as usual, it seemed. One, though, did in fact stand up to the old man. To Izaak’s recollection, this was the man who’d come at the head of a small entourage of soldiers, who now was calling out the man for bringing shame to this profession. One of his underlings, a silver haired woman in armor, took things further, implying that there would be trouble if the old man didn’t settle. Izaak also took this time to size up his own chances against the man. The man was old, and Izaak was taller than him, though perhaps not as broad, so he had a superior reach. Though the old man had a sword, and there wasn’t enough room for Izaak to effectively use his spear if it came to that. For now, it was probably best to let the gaggle of swordsmen and women handle the racist, but Izaak watched the man closely all the same.

interactions: Novama Novama
mentions: LadyOfStars LadyOfStars Orikanyo Orikanyo Weazel Weazel o3o o3o

What a racket. Alastair was hoping the tavern could continue as it was, in peace if not quiet but it seems that was not to be.

He briefly considers leaving it be when he notices linneus scold the man. He decides against that, doing nothing would leave a bad taste in his mouth.

Hearing the man's tirades Alastair puts his conversation with the Wolven out of mind. He can still hear Finn singing though, that boy was strangely innocent in some ways. Had he missed what the old man said? Perhaps they didn't pay attention assuming it was the ramblings of a drunkard.

"Hail stranger", Alastair waves towards the figure smiling. Though it was more mocking than friendly.

"Now good sir. Let us stop this petty squabbling. Apologies for not being able to place you at this time"

Alastair doubts they're actually the general of some army. Most likely they were some soldier and the local peasants ended up giving him an overblown Nickname.

"But my oh my. You must definitely be someone of class and dignity no. More so than me. Really tell me about yourself ser. Who are you that stands so far above the rest of us?"

Alastair exaggeratedly goes over to Izaak and takes a sip from his drink.

"These 'mutts' are good enough company for at least a Baron's son, friend. Now unless you truly stand far above everyone else here stop making a fool of yourself and sit. If you're truly incapable of that then leave yourself. If you're unwilling to accept either choice then…"

Alastair looks towards the soldiers pointedly.

"Look friend, you're outnumbered and being politely asked by a baron and the son of one to calm down. There is no future in which you pushing this will turn out well for you. Now, just sit down and finish your drink. I'll even pay for your next one and we can just forget all this fuss"

Alastair smiles at the man.

'For God's sake, sit the fuck down you fool'

And that's when Alastair hears the other troublemaker.

His eyes snap to the stranger who'd had the audacity to ask for the innkeepers daughter.

"Excuse me?", Alastair asks confused. This was so unexpected he wasn't sure how to react.

- Kansan Aetos, aka Ventus -

Just when things seemed to be looking up for Ventus, the tranquil atmosphere of the busy tavern was shattered by the angry bellowing of a racist old man, who decried the Fae and Beastmen of the Tavern and demanded they be tossed out into the snow to freeze, under threat of he himself departing instead...like that meant anything to Ventus. Recognizing that many others present were standing up in defense of his kin, Ventus was at first content to allow them to reason with the man, to hopefully calm him down or utilize force if need be.

This plan swiftly changed however when Akasi decided to make an utter fool of himself. Were he not to act, it was likely that Akasi would be thrown out into the snow for his audacity, or worse. Taking one final sip of his stew, Ventus wiped his mouth and rose from his seat.

"Pay no attention to my friend here. I'm afraid he's simply had one too many flagons of mead." Ventus spoke as a general address to anyone who might've heard Akasi's calls for the innkeepers daughter. Then he turned his attention directly to the old man, who he could now see was a military man of some standing, perhaps a General or Captain? It mattered not. Ventus folded his arms and glared into the General's eyes and spoke.

"You however, are not speaking from the bottom of a flagon. I don't want any trouble, but should you wish to escalate this foolishness, the consequences would be on you to bear. Sit down, enjoy the warmth of the fire and the company of your fellow patrons." There was a strong overtone of irritation and disdain to Ventus's voice, unable to contain how angry the General's outburst made him, but he kept it restrained, or as much as he could at least.

Interactions: o3o o3o - Akasi Ashvins Novama Novama - Angry General

Last edited:
Time: 9:10 pm
Weather: freezing, very windy, heavy snow
Mentions: Weazel Weazel Sam136 Sam136 o3o o3o Nero Kunivas Nero Kunivas Orikanyo Orikanyo LadyOfStars LadyOfStars II-CinderRadcliff-II II-CinderRadcliff-II
OOC: fisticuff time, or is it? As a named npc, General may not be auto-hit nor will godmodding be tolerated.

Wendy's Trading Post

artworks-000122623650-gtbbig-t500x500.jpg

1b9d4885490170666e9867a59a115921.jpg
Everyone in the room was some manner of tense. Eyes were wide and watching. Few chose to move suddenly. Hardly anyone remained sitted as it felt like something may begin at any moment. Then those brave folk who stood up to the man named general stepped up. Some were merely rebellious. Others were consoling and pacifying. The fury in the old man's eyes had yet to completely disappoint however. Each threat, insult, and weapon leveled his way only riled him up. His face reddened further at the perceived slights and disrespects. His anger boiled over as he moved into action.

"Baron welps?! *Spits* It's your pampered ilk that let things get like this in the country in the first place!"

The General roared, as his fists crunched the wooden leg of the table he stood by before hoisting it into the air and chucking it at the group of guards defending Linneus. The table was over 200lbs and 8ft on its longest side as it freely twirled in the air on a crash course. The General took one of the chairs left behind in his gauntleted fist and started moving toward Ventus with murderous intent. Ventus and Akasi were relatively close to the General when all went down and neither one left a good impression during the exchange.

Meanwhile, one of the beastmen in attendance who had been insulted by Alastair's 'mutt' reference stop glaring for a moment to acknowledge the bigger issue in the common room. Sharing a glance with a few of his acquaintances that had been at the same table, he, the fae, and one of the other men went for the stairs. They were cautious and not particularly hurried, but they were watchful. The 2nd story did seem safer than the ground floor at the moment. Others followed suit. Wendy and her girls merely screamed or cried for the General to stop while they kept back and took a corner.

Izaak
Wendy's. Interactions: Sam136 Sam136 Novama Novama . Mentions: o3o o3o Nero Kunivas Nero Kunivas LadyOfStars LadyOfStars

It really didn’t take much to make Alastair go off on a grand little show of making a fool of himself. It seemed almost as if the man intended to set the old racist off further. To be honest, Izaak was almost willing to let him have at it and take whatever punishment this so called ‘General’ wanted to dish out in response. The Wolven figured it’d be a good learning experience for the would-be knight. Of course, that changed when Alastair made a big show of dragging Izaak into it. Izaak, of course, being the exact kind of person the old man was complaining about.

“I am not a prop for you pose next to and make yourself feel nice,” the Wolven growled at Alastair, standing from his seat. Seriously, this old man was making a big scene about how much he hated beastfolk like Izaak, and Alastair’s first instance is to highlight the presence of the Wolven least attempting to bend to human standards? What sort of absolute fool was he? What sort of fool did he take Izaak for that he thought the Wolven would be keen on this?

Thankfully, before Izaak had to worry about the target Alastair had lovingly painted on his back, another patron spoke up to draw the old racist’s ire. This particular patron had an inhuman energy to them, perhaps a fae of some kind? He’d vaguely recalled the man entering the tavern, shortly after Alastair’s original explosion about his family. Apparently since then the fae had been joined by a human. Ah, yes, this had been the one that made a crude pass at one of the tavern matron’s daughters, if Izaak remembered right.

It seemed the fae’s words were enough to finally set the so-called General off. After taking a moment to lift and hurl a large, solid wooden table at the Baron and his gaggle of guards, he picked up a chair and advanced on the fae and his companion. The rest of the tavern quickly erupted into chaos, with multiple patrons making for the stairs while, the barmaid and her children backing away and pleading for the man to stop. Things were developing into a fight for sure now, there was likely no stopping it. He couldn’t just let the old man have his way, attacking people at random. He was one of the few, if not the only, people here who outsized the raging racist. Not to mention, Izaak was one of the very people this man so readily expressed his undying hatred for. At the very least, maybe he could turn the General’s attention to him while the others regrouped?

He looked around for something he could use to provoke the man, something aside from a weapon. His eyes settled on his tankard, still full of whatever foul smelling booze was served here. He grabbed it, took careful aim, and threw it at the General’s head.

“Hey, old coot! The ladies asked you to stop!” He bellowed. Then he puffed out his chest and stood up to his full height, “If you’re going to make a scene, why not pick on someone your own size?”

Last edited:
Jennie Gladwin Melton
Jennie Stand-in.jpg
Jennie instinctively flinched as the general began lashing out at everyone in the building, pulling her hand out from the bag of coins and tying the pouch back up tight before reattaching it to her belt. Her hands closed up harshly as her frigid nails began to dig into her palms, standing up straight as her expression made it clear to all that she was pissed; her glare making it seem like she had the intent to kill the bastard where he stood. Despite still feeling like a frozen popsicle she moved around the corner of the counter in front of Wendy and her daughter, grabbing a nearby butchers knife and watched as the General moved towards Ventus. Her thoughts were skewed and scrambled as she tried her best to keep her composure and show no signs of weakness, with the temporary anger and the residual heat of the warm air helping her focus. With a fair amount of force Jennie chucked the butchers knife at the General, the cleave spinning through the air and barely missing his bald head before entrenching itself into the wooden wall to his side. Without thinking she grabbed another knife from nearby, her young but loud voice echoing out throughout the building.
"Unless you want me to come over and personally cut you up into ribbons before feed your remains to the wolves, you better get the fuck out of here you ugly racist bastard!" Jennie yelled with discontent and anger, seeming to take the Generals abuse towards everyone personally. She looked behind her briefly towards Wendy and her daughter with a comforting smile, mouthing for them to stay calm before looking back towards her target. Her bloodlust was far from being hidden in front of the others who stayed to deal with the conflict, but she really didn't care at the moment. Her gut told her that this fight was inevitable, and her heart was determined to defend the dignity and wellbeing of the others involved in this mess. "People like you don't deserve positions of power, only using it to see your enemies sent to eternal damnation and writhing in joy as people suffer! People like you getting put into the nearest guillotine by the hands of the people is a sight to admire, with one less prick to walk on eggshells around; one less power hungry megalomaniac that corrupts everything pure and taints everything they touch with evil! Do me and everyone else a favor, and leave if you want to stay another day in the world of the living!"

Mentions: Nero Kunivas Nero Kunivas

What kind of buffoon was he dealing with?! What kind of fool sees 15 to 1 odds and thinks "I can take them"?! Alastair had been sure the general would have been cowed by the numbers and if not that then by the potential for retribution for striking at nobility.

It doesn't matter. He'd been planning to settle things down but ended up making things worse, it was his responsibility to fix this.

His gem glows with power but then dims immediately after.

Damn it. That general was a fool but he didn't want to kill the man, and summoning a weapon would escalate things to the point that becomes too great a risk.

On the other hand Alastair is a swordsman not a brawler. If this comes to a fistfight he *will* lose. He needs to be smart about this.

And that's when he hears the Wolven call out to the guy. What were they doing? They should have let him handle this instead of putting themselves at risk.

Before he can react another person antagonises the old bastard.

Damn it. This had escalated so far beyond what he'd hoped for.

He looks to the pink haired girl. No one would think that this little pipsqueak was responsible for the knife throw if they didn't see it with their own two eyes.

When he looks at her his eyes widen. Was that a child?!

Alastair's eyes snap back to General. No. They wouldn't hurt a kid right?

Damn it. He can't take the risk.

No.

No little girl is getting hurt under his watch.

Alastair rushes forward and stands between the two. His gauntlet shines with a bright blue light.

"Lay a hand on them and I swear on my name I will have you punished"

Alastair stands between the two protectively. In his hands he holds a sword of pure ice. Despite its material the blade is most definitely sharp.

He regrets leaving Izaak alone. There's a chance the general might go after him but they're a big guy. They'd be able to handle themselves for a while if something happens.

"This is enough… stand down. Please. That's... that's just a little girl. Will you truly go so low as to strike a woman? A child at that"

"Look. I'll apologise. I'm sorry", Alastair says almost grimacing.

"Just stop this. Isn't this enough? You've ruined the store of your friends and you've hurt innocent people. All you've done is scare and terrorise your fellow townsfolk"

Alastair does not want to say all this. He does not want to apologise but innocent people are at risk right now. If there's a chance he can defuse the situation without violence he needs to try.

"Stop it right here and all of us can forget what happened otherwise-"

Alastair's grip tightens and he holds his blade ready for any sudden movement.

"Otherwise you'll have to go through me before hurting anyone else here"

His voice is steady and calm as he says this. No grand proclamations or exaggerations. Just a simple but honest statement.

The situation had escalated. Several patrons, Beastmen or otherwise, were prepared to stand up to the General, who had begun to lash out by literally tossing an entire table at several of his opponents. An astounding feat of strength, one that was swiftly followed up by the General taking up a chair and marching his way over toward Ventus. One needn't possess a karmic debt born from the violence and hate of spirits and beasts to know the murderous intent behind the old man's eyes.

Growling in frustration, Ventus resigned to the fact that the General wasn't going to back down, no matter how much anyone tried to plead with him to see reason. While others would be attempting to stop, distract or otherwise dissuade the rampaging General, Ventus took a step back, putting a bit of distance between himself and the old man, in order to draw his Glaive.

His opponent was heavily armoured and on a mission. Stopping him was not going to be easy, but Ventus was damned if he wasn't going to try. "Don't throw your life away, you damned fool!" Ventus called out to the General. Despite his own feelings on the matter, the important thing to do was to minimize collateral damage and loss of life, so he would continue attempting to dissuade him verbally, whether it was in vain or not. He would however, attempt to slash his Glaive at the General's arm that held the chair, in an attempt to disarm him.

Interactions: Novama Novama - Angry General

Linneus Light

sQaQZkwK2as5sGb9NKrpev8-2YZ3RX_s9LMvySxQ_fHJPKs78ENpOgJXOtXYqyIodQqKiDKMntM2Vkco3p9wLtGG7l9AMwRtYxwbf964pwyaYipdvJANoMTgPWtfhdN4OUixa1su

The young Baron was flabbergasted when the General persisted with his rant and then dared to initiate a fight with everyone who had stood up to his racism. What really shocked him was the man's ability to hurl a table across the space. "Get down, my Lord!" Alanna shout as she grabbed him and pulled him to the ground, ducking underneath the table as it flew overhead. The rest of the soldiers scrambled too, ducking down and running out the way of the table. When it passed by them, Alanna quickly looked to the other soldiers. "Take the lord upstairs! We will handle this...brat." Alanna instructed.

As he made a move to the second floor, Linneus noted all the brave faces trying to make a stand to the ignorant man.

"Be careful and try not to kill the old bastard. He should answer for his crimes in court." One of the soldiers grabbed the Baron by his arm and the two head to the second level while the other four bodyguards rose to their feet and took formed up around Alanna. She wanted to draw her blade, but Linneus insisted that the man not be killed, despite him being nothing but scum. "Don't underestimate him and don't let your guard down." She advised her colleagues. Without fear or hesitation, she started towards the Genereal and ripped her cloak off her back.

Making her move to come up from behind the general, the other three solders attempted to tackle the General, jumping on him and trying to grab hold of him. Alanna stood by, ready to bind the man's hands with her cloak if all went well.

Mentions: Sam136 Sam136 Nero Kunivas Nero Kunivas Weazel Weazel II-CinderRadcliff-II II-CinderRadcliff-II

Time: 9:11 pm
Mentions: Weazel Weazel Sam136 Sam136 Nero Kunivas Nero Kunivas Orikanyo Orikanyo LadyOfStars LadyOfStars II-CinderRadcliff-II II-CinderRadcliff-II
OOC: ...
Post Listening:

Wendy's Trading Post

24cfba9d03bde626e096e02ad47ddab9.jpg
Before General went in on Ventus, Izaaks mug nailed the aggressor in the back of his head. *conk* Ale splashed all over the general, soaking his dark cloak an even darker shade. One good throw deserved another. The further enraged General turned his attention from Ventus and hurled the chair in his hands at Izaak with A Grade force. If Izaak caught the chair, it would burst into splinters on impact and send him into the back wall. If he attempted to dodge the chair, it would wing him and partially explode into splinters.

The General's turned attention had him miss or not care about flying knives and leveled glaives. The Wendys were already screaming. What was one more screaming pirate girl and would-be knight in the chaos. He seemed fit to take on all comers. Ventus's arm attack connected. It felt ridiculously solid, however, as if he had swung his weapon at a stone. Ventus would feel like his weapon would be at risk of being damaged if he continued to attack such a solid target. The General's cloak tore at the arm and the tattered, old armor worn by the General on his arm also fell away from the attack. The metal plants clanked to the floor to reveal an unphased muscled arm that did not belong on an old man. Veins stood out prominently on arms thick enough to be average men's thighs.

Taring away this soaked and ripped cloak, the General revealed an old and partially rusting set of plate. A softer layer remained underneath the armor that shielded the General from the cold of the metal he wore. Also notable about his armor was the many ribbons and adornments on the breast plate. The General had been a highly decorated someone at some point with serious rank if the awards were real. He had also already established himself as the strongest man in the room after hurling a table across the room earlier.

With Izaak preoccupied for the second, the General swiveled to the guards that all miraculously dodged his former attack. They would not be so fortunate again. Despite moving with the speed of a man a fraction of his age, the General wasn't nearly as fast as he was strong as he charged at the group forming Linneus's men. With A grade force behind it, any soldier that chose to stand his ground would be sent flying. If everyone dodges out of the way, the last one to do so would not get away from the General.

Meanwhile,

Upstairs, the Wendy's third daughter watched on in horror,

"Oh no..."

She lamented as she backed away from the railing, her hands cupping her mouth. Looking around quickly, it seemed as though everyone was fairly decided on their courses of action: running, shouting, fighting, or hiding. Her hands clenched and brow furrowed as she mustered courage before running past Linneus, as well as the other patrons that fled upstairs, to go to the base floor and the cooking area.

Finnegan Huttman
8238608936cbfaf6b46c5424303e7cd0.jpg

"Well, this is getting out of hand." He says as yet another table goes flying. And well, also a chair, that chair was close to him actually, shit.

He ducked, even if it was meant for another he didn't like getting hit by chairs thank you.

But... It really, really has gotten out of hand... The owners are beside themselves here... bugger...

It looks like he will actually have to do some active disuasion here!

Getting up, he straightened his gear out, grasped a splintered chair leg and started looking at the scene ahead, the utter chaos, and sighed.

Folks have tried to tune the problem down already and failed, well, somebody did he was certain. So... Now its just getting the fight out of their system... Bruises and bumps but nothing fatal, alright, it was time to get these folks on the level!!!

"You lot better learn to behave soon or the Bar keeps will toss you back into the storm! Come on now big fellah!

Cool it or lose it, you really wana ruin this poor lady's bar? Cause thats what yer doin!" The man said this, doing the exact opposite. His rush towards the behemoth of a man was trailed by sparks of pure joy as he planted a foot down, his hands both grasping the broken chair leg as he used what he had been training so long to do, he put all his force into this strike, the leg wouldn't survive sure but hey, it was already broken.

All he needed was a makeshift club!

And he only needed this to hurt!! (Basically just a vessel as opposed to useing a fist, no need for point waffling.)

Fang breaker - Fighting style E: Dragon's Vehemence, - with this strike, the user aims to harm not just the enemy, but their ability to inflict damage upon you. This is first imagined as if one were breaking the fangs of a dragon to prevent it's bite. The fang in question can be a blade, dulling it's edge or simply cutting the arm wielding it. Reduces the enemy's Strength grade by 2 stages.- Grade D - 1 Post Cooldown

"How many fights have you been in old feller? Must've been one hell of a time through your life! Yea look like a damn giant with all that muscle!" He would discard the shattered wood, his face looking happy as a clam.

"Come on! Show more! Bet you crush boulders on the regular!!!"

Novama Novama @ other present.

Linneus Light

sQaQZkwK2as5sGb9NKrpev8-2YZ3RX_s9LMvySxQ_fHJPKs78ENpOgJXOtXYqyIodQqKiDKMntM2Vkco3p9wLtGG7l9AMwRtYxwbf964pwyaYipdvJANoMTgPWtfhdN4OUixa1su

Mentions: Novama Novama
As they reached the second floor, Linneus could only feel embarrassed by the poor showing of skill by his guards. Alanna had picked that fight and now she could not seem to finish it. The General on the other hand displayed unmatched strength and capabilities. Had he not been a racist they were trying to detain he would have been a perfect addition to the Order. "Should I join them Lord Linneus?" The question brought the baron to a pause. Would sending his remaining guard make a difference or would he be just another battered and bruised body and ego? "No, there are plenty of people down there to handle the situation." He replied. Linneus watched as a woman raced downstairs without hesitation. Surely she wasn't going to join the commotion.

Alanna quickly tried to get the men back on their feet, rushing them to form up again and ready themselves. Her pride had been wounded now and she was eager to return the shame the old man had put on them. He was incredibly strong, especially for someone his age, so that meant that they could not face him head on, they would need a plan. Or to tire him out. Sadly as she left her thoughts and returned to the fight she was greeted by the sight of the General charging their party. "Move!" She commanded of the other guards. In her attempt to save her comrades, Alanna lingered too long and was an easy target for the General.

Izaak
Wendy's. Interactions: Novama Novama . Mentions: Sam136 Sam136 Orikanyo Orikanyo LadyOfStars LadyOfStars II-CinderRadcliff-II II-CinderRadcliff-II

There, that had gotten the old racist’s attention. Now Izaak just needed to-

Oh shit.

Izaak grabbed the table he’d just been sitting at, tilting it upwards – upending whatever was left of his and Alastair’s food – at the same time as he himself ducked down. The sturdy table shuttered on the chair’s impact, the smaller thrown chair exploded into splinters that splashed out in all directions. That had been too close for comfort. He heard the wood of the table groan, and quickly set the thing back down as he scrambled to his feet. A long, deep fissure had developed across its surface, from where the chair had impacted across to either edge horizontally. Thank God the that hateful bastard had only had one chair in hand, the table likely would not have survived a second impact.

In any case, the situation seemed to have worsened while Izaak had his eyes off the battlefield. The old man had removed his cloak, and also the armor from one of his arms. This possibly made the limb a potential weakpoint, a larger and less fatal one than the man’s exposed head. Izaak could try restringing his bow and attempting the shot, but, no, that wouldn’t be a good idea. Despite everything, the including the number of weapons now arrayed against him, the rampaging old man hadn’t drawn his own sword. Izaak drawing blood with a fired arrow might be the last bit of provocation the racist needed. And that was assuming Izaak hit the man to begin with. He was a good shot, but it was chaos in the tavern, and he could very easily end up hitting one of the people the old man was targeting, or an innocent bystander all together.

In any case, the old man was in the process of charging the gaggle of soldiers from earlier, apparently having determined that tossing a table at them wasn’t enough. Alastair had run off, over to provide cover for a young woman. It was nice to see that when the chips were down he actually was willing to do the whole ‘defend the weak and innocent’ thing, though it did seem like the pink haired girl had armed herself with a dinner knife of some sort, as well. Finn, on the other hand, had taken to attacking the old man directly, Izaak had to admit, the man had balls. Most of the people who wanted nothing to do with the mess had, by this point, fled upstairs, though the tavernkeeper and two of her children were huddling together in the corner, apparently too afraid to move.

A bit of movement out of the corner of his eye caught Izaak’s attention. The tavernkeeper’s third daughter was descending the stairs again. Once back on the first floor, off she went towards the kitchen – likely to her family? This did mean she’d have to cross the main floor, a potential risk even if she stuck towards the walls. Izaak took another glance towards the old man, then hurried off after the young woman towards the kitchen, calling out to her, “Miss! Wait, it’s dangerous!”

Though Ventus's strike found its mark, the damage was far less than he was hoping for. More worrying than this, were the vibrations Ventus felt throughout his Glaive upon impact, suggesting that the weapon was on the verge of breaking, should it impact with such solid armour again. Pulling away as the General tore off his cloak, Ventus saw the muscular arm that had been revealed by his initial strike, as well as a softer, rusting set of plate about the man. Ventus knew he couldn't just do nothing, but any further strikes would need to be careful and precise, lest he lose his only means of attack.

The General was not a demon, nor a malicious spirit, but he possessed the great strength to rival some of the fiercest beasts. More than this, he was possessed of a burning fury, leading the General to charge at a few of the patrons, who would likely suffer great damage if not stopped. Left with no recourse, Ventus reached for his Yaksha Mask, placing it upon his face and took a sharp, pained breath, before activating Yaksha's Fury, sacrificing a portion of his vitality for an increase in strength. The eyes of his mask burned with a green fire and his body coated in a non-damaging aura.

Leaping higher into the air than he would've been able ordinarily, Ventus took hold of his Glaive, the winds coursing through it and dove down towards the General, aiming to strike him where he felt he was most vulnerable: His exposed arm, all with the intent of causing the General enough damage or pain to stop his charge or at least distract him.

Interactions: Novama Novama - The General

So much for trying to deescalate. Old bastard was raring for a fight and nothing was going to change that now. The real problem was that unlike what Alastair expected he actually was somebody important. A veteran fighter, and seeing how he was manhandling those other soldiers a strong one at that. There was no way Alastair could stand a chance against him. He didn't really have a choice though. The absolute boor was rampaging through the building like a bull in a china shop. So despite his misgivings Alastair does his part in stopping them.

Al's eyes glance to the side. His foe outclassed him in every way that mattered but there was still a chance, after all he wasn't the only one objecting to their actions. If he worked with the others they might actually stand a chance.

Finn had already jumped towards the guy and assaulted him with a table leg, the boy seemed to be treating this like a friendly spar instead of a bar fight. On the other side one of the folks he'd been yelling at had jumped towards him. This seems like the best chance Alastair was going to get at hitting him.

As Ventus leaps towards the general Alastair bursts forward as well. He spares a second to look at them, they were stronger than they looked, but immediately returns his attention to their combined foe.

Alastair reaches the general and his hands move. To anyone looking this might have appeared strange, he was close but his sword was definitely not in range for an attack. Yet, as he moves his sword transforms into a long ice stave. Holding it with both hands he slams it towards the only unprotected spot he sees on the general, their face. He'd have preferred a spear honestly but that had far too much potential to be lethal. A stave on the other hand wouldn't do worse than rattle his brains a bit.

Despite outnumbering the general many times over, he still didn't like his chances. Even with his misgivings Alastair commits himself to the blow, a battlefield was no place for hesitation.

Jennie Gladwin Melton
Jennie Stand-in.jpg

Jennie watched as everyone who remained on the first floor tried to combine their efforts at landing a hit on the General, with her still standing on the sidelines with nothing but a knife from the kitchen to fight with. Her eyes looked at the icy stave Alastair had created, her mind pondering on how she could help the group. The armor that the General wore made it hard to fight him head-on, though staying at range didn't help either without much of anything to throw at the bastard. Then her mind wandered to how cold it was outside, where all the snow and ice... Ice! Her brain snapped back to reality as she tightened her arm muscles to check her gills for water, only to remember that she had emptied both of them out to avoid getting frostbite; alongside the gills on her back. With a quick glance around she found a few cups of water ready for drunken customers, ducking out of sight from the General and pulling up both of her sleeves before feeling her gills open up on her lower arms. She hastily grabbed one of the cups and poured the lukewarm water into her gills, closing them upon upon being filled before pouring more water into her other arms gills. With both gills how filled with a cups worth of water she got back into position, hoping that the General didn't see her temporary absents from his field of view.​

Time: 9:12 pm
Mentions: Weazel Weazel Sam136 Sam136 Nero Kunivas Nero Kunivas Orikanyo Orikanyo LadyOfStars LadyOfStars II-CinderRadcliff-II II-CinderRadcliff-II
OOC: movin along. moment to rp before next scene
Post Listening:

Wendy's Trading Post

24cfba9d03bde626e096e02ad47ddab9.jpg
The General follows through on his charging attack and stops in his tracks just after connecting with Alanna with force enough to damage her armor and send her flying off her feet. However, the force was also strong enough to damage his rusty armor that remained on his other arm. The pieces fell to the floor and plinked off the paving stones like the other sleeve. Now that both arms were exposed, the number of scars on the arms were beyond counting. Another item of note was the tattoos on the General's arms. They were faded from many years and some of the scars, but the tattoos could be recognized as military related. Characters with some history or military education would recognize the tattoos were associated with the Humanity's 3rd army the Red Fist most noted for its achievements in the war 100 years ago.

Finn's attack lacked nothing in the spectacle department as the club splintered into dozens of pieces as it forcefully collided with the General. The General barely had time to acknowledge Finn's attack before the others came. The General plucked Ventus, glaive and all, out of the air by snatching the glaiv by the blade between his fingers and swings the glaive, and Ventus if he keeps hanging on, around to intercept Alastairs attack. The ice staff would shatter from the impact and Ventus's Glaive would be in a fragil state as the General threw the Glaive, and Ventus if he continued hanging on, at Alastair, pole side first at center mass.

"I've been in battles too many to count and it's not from my old age, kid," The General replied as he recoiled from the throw. He worked his thick arms and shoulders as his thick neck moved his head side to side to get him loosened up for more.

Meanwhile,

The 3rd Daughter of Wendy's reached the kitchen with Izaak in pursuit and Jennie fiddling with the water. The daughter frantically found an empty mug among the shelfs and went over to the steaming pot of hot chocolate before spooning in enough to fill the mug. The act of it stirred the smell of the chocolate into the air more thoroughly for all in the area. Despite what bodies and objects may be flying around in the background, the kitchen area had a momentarily soothing effect on all present from the smell of the warm, sweet drink.

In the moment before the fighting resumed, the stable girl rushed out to the General, calling,

"Uncle Remes! Have some of this hot chocolate. It's the best!"

The General turned on the girl with all the fury shown Wendy earlier and was about to shout at her too about the races and all manner of things, but then didn't. The deep breath he took to go into his rant was filled with the sweet fragrance of the melted chocolate and whatever else Wendy had put into the drink.

"Hm"

The General grunted before rethinking what he was going to say while taking the mug that was thrust into his face. He took a tentative sip and then went back in for a gulp followed by another. With a chocolate mustache coloring his white mustache, he took his half emptied mug back to his chair by the fire where he continued to nurse it and stare into the flames of the hearth with a much more passive glare.

The Wendies let out a collective sigh as the mother and daughters rose. Music began to play while the other woman started helping the guests get situated again and passing out complimentary mugs of hot chocolate to those that wanted one. The 3rd daughter got a hug from her mother before being handed a broom to start sweeping up all the splintered wood. It appeared to be the wish of Wendy to have peace return to the rest stop. Any guests that pitched a complaint received a sympathetic smile and a mug of hot chocolate.

As a projectile human is launched towards Al it’s as if the entire world slows to a crawl. Everything stops, leaving him alone to his thoughts.

‘You know. I’m honestly not even surprised. I fully expected something to go wrong’

The moments passes just as suddenly as it came, and the stranger makes contact. Both of them get launched and slam into a nearby wall. Luckily for Ventus a soft object had cushioned his fall. Unluckily for Alastair he was that object.

‘I saw this coming… still hurts though’

The blow had hurt but he wasn’t down for the count. Alastair pushes the stranger off him and creates a blade of ice ready to-

And the general stops.

For coco.

That’s all it took.

A warm, chocolaty beverage.

He was beating their asses and stopped to take a drink.

THAT FUCKING ASSHOLE-

Calm. Calm down Alastair. The man was an imbecile, but it didn’t matter. Their goal was completed, and the fight had ended. Not because of him though… no, all he’d done was make things worse. What a bloody farce.

The memory of his complete and utter humiliation has Alastair turn his eyes back at the general and glare hatefully. For a moment he’s tempted to freeze his hot chocolate solid. Only for a moment though. No matter how satisfying it would be all it would do is start this whole mess all over again.

Alastair forces himself back onto his feet. He looks down at the figure lying next to him. He stares for a moment and then moves. They seemed fine enough and even if they weren’t what was he going to do? Patch them up with his completely imaginary knowledge of healing?

No. He’ll go somewhere where he can at least be useful. Alastair slowly approaches the girl cleaning up the floor. She’s rather attractive, he notes with fiery red hair and a freckled skin though Alastair can’t really find it in himself to care at the moment. He reaches her and gently but firmly pulls the broom away from her.

“I wasn’t the one who broke all this, but I played a part in doing so. The least I can do is help clean up”

No grand proclamations, no acting or false smiles. Just a sullen desire to do what little he can. And just like that Alastair goes and slowly helps in their own way.

“As for the damages. I can’t pay you back at the moment but once I reach the city and resume correspondence with my father, I’ll speak to them about reimbursing you”

And with that said they get back to their work.

Jennie Gladwin Melton
Jennie Stand-in.jpg
Interactions: Wendy Novama Novama
As the General protected himself against two of the multiple attackers bomb-rushing him - while throwing the third away from himself and into another person, Jennie ducked behind the counter to try and sneak up on the General. But before she could charge in herself and soak the floor around his feet with water, she watched as one of the tavern owners daughters entered the kitchen and grabbed a cup of... hot chocolate? Of all the times to grab a drink, now was most certainly not the time; or at least that's what common sense would dictate. And then the daughter had rushed over with the cup of hot chocolate to the General. She felt her face drain in horror as she expected the General to tear the owners daughter to shreds, only for him to take a drink and return to his regularly scheduled programming as if the fight never even occurred. Her initial confusion turned into frustration, though a bit of relief washed over her as well due to the fight having come to an abrupt halt. Her discontentment towards the General still remained as she kept a very cautious eye out towards him, walking towards the wall where the butchers knife had stuck itself into the wall and dislodging it from the wood. Upon returning to the counter she set the knife down and gestured to Wendy to catch her attention, setting down both knives she grabbed during the fight and getting her pouch of coins ready.
"A bowl of stew and a cup of hot chocolate please. Oh, and sorry about the knife, I can pay for a replacement if need be." Jennie stated while keeping her voice down, nervous about the General hearing that she was the one that had thrown the knife. Despite the fact that the water in her gills was now pointless, releasing the water from them now would only exasperate the mess already made; perhaps even cueing in the General to her not-so-human race. "If you've got some spare tables farther away from... him, that'd be most preferable."

Finnegan Huttman

"Hoo boy yer a strong one! Can't wait to see mo- Eh?" The fight from the situation all but haulted, the old man going off to sip his hot coco and everyone else... Started to float away. Huh.

Well then.

"Well, thats well and good." The knight crossed his arms for a moment, stepping back for a sweep of a broom. "Let it ne'er be said that a heart can't be warmed by good food and a sweet smile Hahahahaa!" His laugh broke the new calm for a moment, the knight looking more like he just watched a comedic theatre performance than actually been in danger.

"Alls well that ends well. Eh?" He regarded a passing young lady, who seemed to be dressed for the Marine life, before looking at the other combatants. II-CinderRadcliff-II II-CinderRadcliff-II

"Good showing, seems the only one of us makin' a mess was the big fellah but as the lad here said we had our part tah play!

Hup to it lads and lasses!

Place should be clean as a whistle!" Finn would begin plucking up pieces of the tables and chairs, shattered remnants and either placing them in the fire, or just in the firewood area.

His hands would grace some of the rusted plate that fell off the old man, he'd lay them on a small table next to him with not too much in the way of word.

Soon, with extra help, the place would look well enough once more, minus a few seating areas.

"Old folks, been through alot in their times can't blame em fully for holdin grudges that folks just don't understand fully. Yea, predjudice is there but yea also gotta remember they can live through some hellish stuff. Don't mean actions don't have consequence.. Just means yea gotta work with it a certain way...

The girl there, she had some quick thinking, and knew how to solve the issue without violence. If the old feller wasn't a behemoth, would folks have killed a man tonight...?

Don't know..." Finn spoke largely to himself in this moment, but out loud nonetheless.

He wondered, how many folks out there would be soothed with hot chocolate...?

@ those present or want to hear the Knights museings.

Izaak
Wendy's. Mentions: Sam136 Sam136 Orikanyo Orikanyo

Right. That was that, then. The old racist had been appeased and now everyone was just going to move on like nothing happened. Suffice to say, it was clear to Izaak that he’d find no welcome in this tavern, not truly. The wolven retrieved his bag, briefly returned to the counter to pay for his stew and drink – for what little he’d gotten to enjoy them, and now his appetite was ruined anyway – and then moved to position himself by a window, looking out at the storm. As soon as the weather changed for the better, he’d be moving on. In the future, he shall have to make a note to never travel down this road again if he could avoid it, to hopefully avoid a repeat encounter.

He was going to have to find a tailor as soon as possible. If this was the sort of weather Izaak could expect all winter, he was going to need some thicker clothing, at least until his winter coat had fully grown in. After that, who knew? He’d just pick a direction and set off, he supposed. It was what he’d done so far, after all. He certainly wasn’t going to be able to start his dream project overnight!

As for the people he’d met here, well, it seemed like something of a bust on that front. He wouldn’t mind interacting with Finn again. The knight seemed fairly noble and driven, if more than a little eccentric. Alastair, on the other hand… Well, suffice to say, Izaak doubted this would be the last time he’d hear of the man, at the very least. For better or for worse, the young noble would certainly not rest until he’d made a name for himself. As for the rest, well, who knew. Maybe they’re recognize each other on the road someday, you could never truly say for sure.

Akasi Ashvins
Taking refuge under the table proved to be helpful as Akasi came out of the entire ordeal unscathed. He hoped to say the same about Ventus, but alas, he could not. His courageous nature had gotten the best of him and left him a bit battered and bruised. Akasi, on the other hand, let his cowardice dictate his actions. It was a road he commonly took, but seeing as how the other tavern patrons chose to handle the situation, as reckless as they were, made him ashamed of how he acted.

Dusting off his clothes, he got back to his feet and made his way to the young fae. Unable to look him in the eye, Akasi kneeled down, his hand hovering just away from Ventus. Remorse filled the expression on his face, which he attempted to hide, deviating his gaze to the sides.

Akasi remained silent as he healed Ventus of his injuries. Ridding him of some aches and pains was the least he could do before heading back to his room for the night.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back