• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Graded [Overgrown Marshes] The Hag of the Overgrown Marshes

The hag's response left a bittersweet taste in Cayde's mouth. On one hand, she was 'nice' enough to at least let them know who they were hunting - thanks to Baharius. But, on the other hand, her answer gave him nothing about her motives. He could've been slaying monsters to fuel a dark ritual for all he knew, and he'd be none the wiser. Of course, the monsters sounded like no angels, one was quite literally a demon, but that didn't stop Cayde's stomach from coiling in unease. He thought there had to be some trick, but perhaps that was the trick, that there was none to begin with. He had no idea of knowing, and that scared him the most—even more than a banshee, a forest demon, a were-rabbit, or his new dubious allies.

Baharius was the first to organize the group, and Cayde found himself nodding along to the Saurial's plan. His initiative was already growing on Cayde, who felt a bit regretful for his apprehension earlier. Kesh's antics had eased his mind a bit, too, her enthusiasm earning a hearty laugh from him. She always found a way to unintentionally lighten the mood; that was one of Cayde's favorite qualities. Anxiety wasn't one of them, however. So, when Kesh scurried away from Nissa and Chandra, spouting about dead bodies, Cayde shot a wary glance at her. Initially, he thought it was just another one of Kesh's 'trips,' but once he saw the genuine fear in her eyes, another coil formed in his stomach. Maybe something was wrong with these two women - something he couldn't see. Cayde took a step back, his fingers grazing over his crossbow.

Cayde quickly realized what he'd done. Albeit small, he'd let skepticism control his actions. He couldn't let that happen again. He had to work with these people to get out of these swamps alive. Despite whatever they were hiding, he had to put some trust in them - there was no other way. He needed to calm down. He was supposed to be the optimistic one. He couldn't let this swamp get to him; that's exactly what the monsters wanted. That's exactly what the hag wanted, too, he bet.

Then, Nissa snapped at Kesh. Not just at her, but a petty jab at her race. Cayde felt his skin tingle as bright, hot white stars exploded across his vision. He wanted to walk over there and scream at her, let her know the gravity of their collective situation, but instead, he let his anger flow through him. Draining from his head, down to his feet, and finally, out into the mud. Cayde shut his eyes, craned his head to the sky, and took three large breaths. "Put your trust in them." He reminded himself, "They're your only way out."

Finally, when Baharius and Nissa gave their ideas, Cayde decided to add his two cents. He turned to Baharius first, "Baharius, I like the sound of your plan, but Lyse..." He stopped to shoot her a side-long glare, "Lyse has a point. We'll have a much easier and safer time dealing with these monsters if we stick together." Scratching at his chin, Cayde started to pace around. Mostly to jog his memory, partially to keep his emotions in check, "It will take longer, yes, but as far as we know - the hag has given no time limit. I can assume we've all the time in the world." He said before stopping to face the giant lizardman again, "I do agree we should save one monster for later, and I suggest that should be the tree demon. As the hag described it, it must be the most powerful of all three, so we should take on the wererabbit first, hunt the banshee at nightfall, rest, and deal with the demon last."

Now he had to address the fourth monster: the un-seen threat they were told to be wary of at all times. Cayde didn't buy it, not for one second. "As for the fourth monster, we do nothing - because I don't believe it even exists." He resumed his mindless pacing again, "This witch, she's been here for god-knows how long, harboring this hate for these creatures, so much to the point she's willing to compromise with intruders and tell them basically everything about these monsters, including that they have this 'swamp's favor.' Yet, for this last monster she despises so much, the only thing she can tell us is to be paranoid at all times? As if she, with a long past with all these targets, doesn't know about one of them herself?" He shook his head in disbelief, "Sounds to me like she just wants to keep us paranoid. If anything, this 'fourth monster' might not even be a literal monster. For all we know, it could be something as abstract as a feeling." He said, awaiting the group's thoughts on his theory. Most of it was a shot in the dark, but he still believed that the hag wasn't completely honest with them.

In the meantime, he ambled back to Kesh, kneeling to her again. "Look, Kesh, I know these guys seem sketchy, but without their help, I don't think we'll be able to make it out of here. That means we've gotta stay on their good side, even if some of them don't want to do the same." He whispered, a sigh escaping him as he placed a hand on her shoulder, "If things go wrong, I promise I won't let a single one touch you or your 'potions.'"

Clearing his throat, he turned back to the group with a question, "So, the hag was talking about following these paths..." He said, eyeing every face before him, "Kesh said she saw some things in the air. Did anyone else see anything like that?"

43058411-DDDA-45C0-8FD9-800D0E55E74C-2.jpeg

Scylla

When the grandmother of the swamp asked what the plan was, Scylla quickly reached for her book, furiously going through the pages and opening the tome to reveal an illustration. “Climatis Hopomanica!” She blurted out loudly as she took out a piece of paper with the description, “Heres a description!” she called out as if talking to a professor about a class assignment.

Taking a few steps forward making sure this old woman could hear her clearly she continued, “Seeing that its summer, it should be in its vegetative state, before it develops the ability to spit fire. I understand its quite a rare plant, as you likely know, but the Academy has expressed a great interest in studying it closer. Namely its ability to harness elemental fire.”

She then looked on as the others interacted with the old witch before her attention was brought up to a strange feeling, it felt as if the entire swamp was connected by somekind of connective magic. Scylla, kind of spaced out for a moment, reaching out with her cakey hands. “I.. theres some kind of..” she paused as she felt she could almost see these ’threads’. “..magical energy that connects the various areas here.” Surely this was how they would find the four unwanted residents that reside within this maze marshland.

Snapping out of it her hand reached for the old witch, “H-hey how does-“ Before she knew it the crone was gone, Scylla kicked the ground a little before joining the others. Looking at the others in the group as they discussed how to best move forward. And whether or not to split into groups or face every challenge head on as a whole unit. “Although, plitting up would get us to every opponent as quickly and effeciently as possible..” holding up a lecturing finger, “..there’s simply no way to conclude which one of our skill sets, or combinations has the most advantage to whichever of those four.”

As everyone else continued to come to some kind of terms, much of the uneasy air had dissipated until Nissa lashed out at Kesh for smelling something on her. Or was it Nissa herself? For now she found it approproate to not involve herself in any drama. At least until she got to know them a little better.

As for Caydes analysis, it rang true for Scylla as well, she raised her hand before speaking, “Speaking of feelings..” she interrupted, “..there appears to be some kind of pathway brought together by a kind of large magical infrastructre. We likely detect it due to our sensitivity to magic.” she smiled to herself, shaking her head in silent amusement, “..heh.. I wish Renee was here, she’s fascinated by archaic magical layouts such as these.” Shrugging, she scribled some notes in her book. “I'm certain she’d love to hear of my findings here."

The Overgrown Marshes
8mbt94c.jpg
Mentions: Baharius Develius Develius | Scylla RavenSong RavenSong | Cayde The Last Curse The Last Curse | Kesh Skyhunter Skyhunter | Clarice TheSimianMind TheSimianMind | Nissa saxon saxon

Chandra Jarmil

Kalina had been making sure to keep her distance from them all for a multitude of reasons. She didn't know them, she didn't trust them and she didn't want to risk being found out. That said, when the rat was calling her 'weird' and stated she didn't trust her, she figured she had to get on with the act a bit. “She... said not to give our names.” Kalina said, pointing at Clarice. “So call me... I don't know... Kate or something?” Coming up with a fake name for a fake identity was getting a bit too multi-layered, but it'd have to do. “And I... I don't trust you either.” She figured that was in-character enough to say aloud to someone as weird and intrusive as the rat. She was quick to figure out that keeping that rat at a distance was going to be necessity, as it apparently had a strong enough sense of smell to sniff out the other vampire. It was a bit odd that the scent was giving them away, rather than the lack of mosquitoes and leeches attacking them, especially seeing how the hefty swamp stench was making it tough to smell the subtle scent of relatively lively undead like vampires, but perhaps Kesh had just gotten a lucky whiff of it. Either way, Kalina figured she wouldn't chance being downwind and figured she'd make sure to use her disguise to mask her scent even further than the swamp air itself did the moment she was out of sight.

That said, the fellow vampire wasn't exactly making a good case for herself. Rather than denying the accusations, she seemed to double down on it. Now, the big question was, should she act aggressively or not? It'd be very in-character, but might also make the others more weary of Kalina herself. It'd be a double-edged blade. Weirdest of all, however, would be to not react to it at all. “W-wait... are you really a vampire? Does that mean you'll take our blood?!?” Saying that in any convincing way really took Kalina the highest extend of her [Deception E], but even with that, Kesh's heightened hearing (which was more reliable in this swamp area than her smell) would be able to pick up on the fact that the fear in her voice didn't seem as pressing or legitimate as one might think. Whilst Kesh didn't have the insight needed to discern the truth of Kalina's words or notice her true feelings on the matter, she did have the hearing to notice just a slight lack of emotion behind them.

As for her fellow vampire, she made some good points. “My friends were killed even without splitting up, so I know how dangerous this place is. Even if we can't trust one-another all that much, it still feels safer to at least try to cooperate as a group.” There was one thing she disagree with, the idea that the hag was the fourth. After all, why would the hag ask to be chased out of her own swamp? Kalina figured she'd leave it to someone else to point that out.

She did, however, wish to interact with the alchemist a bit more. After all, he seemed to know what he was doing and he seemed to try to keep everyone together. The latter was something that would be very beneficial to her in the long run, so befriending him a little would probably be a very valuable investment. “With due respect, mister alchemist, I think our time is limited by the supplies we have. We're fairly well-supplied thanks to miss Alice, but even that will run out if we get lost or get stuck. After all, we'll also have to find our way back afterwards.” She did agree with the order he suggested. “That sounds like a good plan to me.”

On the other hand, she wasn't fully agreeing with Cayde on the fourth monster. She was rather [Critical] of his interpretation. “I'm not sure about it. What if the fourth monster knows things about her that she doesn't want us to know, or something like that? Or what if it made some demon deal with her that makes it impossible for her to tell us about it? Or perhaps she just wants us to be surprised by it and kill it immediately out of fear, before questioning it. Or perhaps the fourth monster even managed to trick her...” There were a lot of alternatives, which Kalina genuinely believed to be possible. Cayde's theory was just one option, from what she knew. As for his question, she shook her head. “I've got no clue what she's talking about, I'm afraid.”

Scylla had managed to show the plant to the Hag just in time, but the latter had only nodded before vanishing. However, being the only one that had gotten relatively close to the hag in order to show something, Scylla had also heard the odd sound of droplets falling and, just for a short second, so short that one might brush it off as a trick on the eyes, could've sworn she saw something small shimmer a bit before moving off in an almost fluttering manner.

Furthermore, now that she was focussing upon it and having the highest degree of magic affinity out of all of them, Scylla was actually able to conclude one more thing. These threads weren't random, they were laid out in some sort of pattern. By focussing upon them, it was as if the mind itself could travel along them for a bit, granting some very vague awareness of their entire lay-out, which was spanning across the swamp like web. Whilst there weren't any indications on what was where, it would allow Scylla to notice where they were and to make sure they weren't covering the same area twice. However, even with that ability, one problem remained.

Kalina was the one who pointed it out. “So... I know we wanted to find the were-rabbit first, but... is there any way to find a specific one of them, rather than just stumble around until we run into a random one?” She looked at Scylla in particular upon asking that question. However, inside, she was thoroughly suppressing surprise upon hearing the name Renee. Was this as friend of her sister?!? What in the world was she doing here then? She wondered how Renee was doing. She wondered how these two knew each-other. She wondered if this witch's blood would be as good as Renee's. She... figured she'd have to try her best to keep all those thoughts to the background as to not give away her identity. Perhaps, with some luck, she could speak to this Scylla in private at some point.

5ENGPYN.png

7oIhE4E.png

Mentions:
Elvario Elvario
(Kalina/Chandra) | RavenSong RavenSong (Scylla) | The Last Curse The Last Curse (Cayde) | Skyhunter Skyhunter (Kesh) | TheSimianMind TheSimianMind (Clarice) | saxon saxon (Nissa) |

As it turned out, Baharius' plan would find itself under strict opposition from most of the party. Only Kesh seemed to "agree" with him and that's not saying much. And in hindsight, they rightfully so. Here he was, attempting to take control of the situation to a bunch of unknown players he just met 5 minutes ago, in a completely unfamiliar world, and against unknown foes. The saurian cursed to himself at the sudden realization; no doubt being a side effect from being away from his general duties for so long. He was not the type to keep to his point if there were better options available; a lesson he gained during his early years with his lieutenants. While the process of "divide and conquer" are good in certain circumstances, this clearly wasn't a good situation to utilize it.

Baharius gave a respectful nod at those questioning his tactics, his gaze now turning to Chandra. "Perhaps you are right." he agreed with a low conceding hiss before turning to the rest nearby, "It's best we not get too hasty here. Whilst it will be slow going to move as a collective unit, our chances of survival increase with every member present. We need all the strength and advantages we can get against these unknown monsters..."

With everyone now aligned on their tactics moving forward, the question now is which of the three known should they go after first. Nissa recommended they get the banshee first, whom she explained earlier to Baharius as a feminine spirit who weaponizes her voice for combat. Meanwhile, Clayde wanted to go after the tree demon, which the saurian took to be the biggest of the three threats. And Chandra wanted to go after the were-rabbit but wonders if there were any specific ways in finding one directly through some series of clues. Indeed, any clues would help break the current stalemate.

Again, the saurian tried to sniff the air for even the faintest whiff of a scent, despite knowing his senses wasn't quite up to the task as he once was. Could he smell the rotting roots of the tree demon from here? He cocked his head sideways, allowing his tiny earholes to maybe listen to the cries of the banshee in the far distance. And turning his head towards the ground, Baharius then started searching for any signs of foot prints belonging to a giant rabbit. And if he could be extra lucky, perhaps some new trail leading to the 4th unknown monster would show up early. Really any sort of clue would do at this point... a starting point at least.

Whatever pops into view first, his massive blade was waiting eagerly for them...

Last edited:
Nissa
OIP (10).jpg

Nissa continued to massage her temples on the side of her head. The rat was annoying enough, but some of these people's common sense seemed lacking. Though out of the group, the person she felt was hiding more was 'Kate' though she couldn't prove or disprove it. So she decided it would be best to leave that whole situation alone for the time being. "Whatever we decide to do is the important part; there is no point in wasting time on theories or things we cannot perceive to comprehend," she stated as she looked around the group and then toward the supplies. She had to admit that there were limited supplies and the best course would be to complete this quickly and efficiently.

"Well, the witch seems preoccupied with writing down events," she sighed before looking to Kate as she tried to come up with things. "Yes, very convincing made-up name; I bet that is part of your actual name," she retorted, slow clapping as she rested her hands on her hips as she tried to think. As it stands, the Banshee would be the quickest target; we simply wait and follow the sound of the wails. However, that would mean wasting a reasonable amount of time. She thought to herself before the woman spoke again, freaking out and asking if she was a vampire.

"Oh yes, I'm here to suck on some blood or something like that; believe what you want to believe. Regardless there is still a task at hand to accomplish. Frankly, the lizard over here is more of a threat than a vampire, in my opinion," She retorted in an annoyed tone. She may just be a fledgling compared to some vampires. but Still, she wasn't about to let the giant lizard be free from all of this. Though as 'Kate" continued on Nissa only yawned and leaned against a tree.

"Alright, this is what I say we do since it makes the most sense right now, and we can debate the right way, the wrong way, and who is a vampire and who isn't later. The banshee will wail at night, so I say we sit here, set up camp, and wait for that to happen. Once she wails, then we follow the sound; problem solved. In the meantime, you all can debate pointless things," She concluded as she glanced around at the group. "Like it? Got it, good," she spoke, looking at each group member as she then made her way towards the water again and tried to see what she could hear around her.

mentions:
Elvario Elvario RavenSong RavenSong The Last Curse The Last Curse Skyhunter Skyhunter TheSimianMind TheSimianMind Develius Develius

5ENGPYN.png

7oIhE4E.png

Mentions:
| saxon saxon (Nissa) |

As Nissa suggested they wait here and engage the Banshee first, Baharius turned to face the vampire with a displeased growl. "No." he replied forthrightly with a low raspy hiss. He was slowly starting to get a little annoyed by the vampire lady's haughty attitude. She may be one who suggested they stick together, but they weren't going to stand here twiddling their thumbs just to find the most elusive. "We'll be wasting time. If this banshee-creature comes out a night, we should be searching for at least one of the two diurnal foes first as others suggested. Better we find them first, the being on the tail-end of a collaborative ambush. Once nightfall approaches, we may proceed to hunt for the nocturnal resident. Just remember, miss, we have numbers..."

The beast then lifted up his massive blade, pointing it upwards to his rightside facing the green pond. "And a blade big enough to cleave any in two if necessary..."

Last edited:

Things were shaping up well. There were a few theories on the fourth monster, and Cayde didn't object to them. For all he knew, it could've been a combination of them or something completely unexpected. Cayde bet on the last one - it seemed almost every one of his adventures had some crazy twists. Still, they hadn't stopped his constant positive outlook. Neither would they now. "Whatever the fourth monster is, I'm sure we'll show em' what's for," Cayde beamed, a smile forming in his voice, "Like I said: We're basically unstoppable, eh?" He hoped so. He really hoped so.

Then came Chandra's Kate's concern about supplies, something Cayde gave an affirmative nod to. While he was confident his [Nature] and [Survival] skills would help pull him through these swamps, he couldn't deny that standard equipment would do a world of good. "We'll have to use our supplies wisely then. But, I'll find some food for us if push comes to shove." He paused to study the group, taking in the shapes of their forms. It wouldn't be too difficult to feed them all, assuming this swamp was just as abundant in edible plants as it were leeches and mosquitoes. Baharius would be tricky, but hopefully, there'd be plenty of fish to state his appetite. Cayde nodded slowly, "Can't say I've ever foraged in a magical swamp, but there's a first time for everything, right?" He said, turning to Kesh next, "Plus, if we find any magical fruit, I'll let you get the first bite, Kesh. How does that sound?"

The next topic of conversation was an interesting one. Again, there was more talk of the monsters, though a vampire within the group was mentioned this time. The uttering of the word sent a slight chill down Cayde's spine. Like most monsters, he had only read about vampires, all of his books describing them as deceitful, loathsome creatures, always lurking in the shadows of society. But, of course, that was before Vegard, where his concept of 'all monsters are evil' was shattered into pieces. So now, he was uncertain. A vampire in the group could be a significant threat, or it could be nothing. A tiny part of him hoped for the latter.

First and foremost, Cayde had to address Nissa's plan to wait for the banshee. Cayde shook his head in disagreement. As anxious as he was about these swamps, he wasn't keen on sitting around for a single monster. "Baharius' got you this time, Lyse," Cayde said, almost sing-songy. He cleared his throat before pettiness would overcome him, "If we move now, we can probably knock off the were-rabbit from the list." He tried looking up into the gnarled trees, past the leaves, and into the afternoon sky, "If I've gotta take a guess, we're in the afternoon. By the time we finish with the rabbit, we'll have time to hunt the banshee at night, as Baharius said." He stated, though his mind was drifting elsewhere. He'd hunted rabbits before but never a lycanthrope, even more so a rabbit lycanthrope. He scoured his brain, using [Bestiary Bookworm] to find any beneficial knowledge on them.

As for the vampire conversation, Cayde dismissed his interest with a wave of his hand. He eyed Nissa, however. She'd been the target of many accusations and hadn't even denied them. That was definitely something to be suspicious about. But, for now, he decided to address the whole group, "Look, whether there are vampires here or not - we're stuck here together, so they'll have to work with us if they want out too." He said, "If they try anything, well, there's six of us and one of them." He shrugged and readied his crossbow, "I'm sure they know basic math."

With that said, Cayde knelt to a crouching position, allowing Kesh to hop on his back if she pleased. While piggybacking her around made him sore after a while, it did make him feel a bit safer. He'd never admit it, though. "Rabbits tend to like places with a lot of cover, so maybe our wererabbit'll be no different?" Cayde suggested, looking for a trail matching the description. For good measure, he removed his mask. For this hunt, he'd need all his senses uninhibited.

"If that's the case, keep your ears peeled and your eyes opened." He reached up and pulled down the collar of his shirt, revealing his pale neck. "And just in case the vampire gets hungry..." Cayde announced, the same joking tone entering his voice, "I'll keep a neck open."

• Bestiary Bookworm - Medicine D, Perception E, Nature D Survival E, - After spotting a creature, Cayde can recall useful on its strengths, weakness, and typical behavior. Currently works on creatures of D-grade and lower - Grade D - 2 post cooldown

Last edited:
Kesh

1660701326699.png

Kesh still untrusting of Nissa, had her wide eyes staring at her from behind Cayde, she narrowed her eyes then raised her brows before squinting. Maybe she was just high? No. Not high enough, Kesh pulled out a small bag from her pocket that had some strange yellow crusty powder. She opened it and stuffed a finger in it. Covering her finger she brought her to her nose and took a deep whiff. Kesh's eyes almost popped out of her head as she then put the bag away. Shaking her head, her mood grew more focused. " That's Frog Dust, it makes me more focused. " Moving out from behind Cayde, Kesh began to realize the problem here, her voice somewhat changed to that of a sensible person, " Wait, why are we all so distrusting of each other? We are suppose to be helping the older woman with the hunch on her back. I doubt we should be so distrusting otherwise we won't be able to get things done. I mean look, we're on the second page of a book and we still aren't really doing anything. " What did that mean? Who knew, it was Kesh. " I suggest we stop the side remarks and comments and get to it. And lady that may be a vampire or not. I am sorry. " Kesh stated, she sounded somewhat easier to understand, not even making a synonym. " For now we need to agree to a vote what we are going to do, who we are going to go after and come to a agreement. " Kesh was serious now. Which was very weird to say the least, while He had hardly any actual fighting abilities, she was quite the sneaky thief and tinkerer. Perhaps she could try to create some sort of strange device with the wildlife and magic. While to Cayde it was weird seeing Kesh act so serious, it was usually when she inhale this Frog Dust she had creates.

Looking to Clarice and Scylla, Kesh had her eyes on Clarice, " Threatening to kill or severely injure someone with a aneurysm won't make you allies, but only enemies and cause more dissension within the group, while being more prone to be attacked and betrayed since you're giving reason to. As for the witch, Scylla, we can use your abilities to help destroy what we come across if need be. Or to drive away. " Kesh continued looking to Baharius, " Baharius, your size and power can help protect some of us weaker and frail people. You could be our bulwark of power and first into battle. " Her eyes continued down the way to reach... Kesh wasn't even sure anymore about this person, Kate? Her voice lacked actual emotion in which Kesh felt like she should have called out but this was not the time to do so. " It seems our target is this wererabbit, we better go now, if a wererabbit at night transforms it may be easier to take out now. Assuming it already transformed. " Kesh continued but then she began to shake her head as the drug began to wear off, resorting her back to her normal being of being a strange rat. Kesh smiled, " Frog Dust makes Kesh focus-attentive. " She smiled just as she jumped in Cayde's back, acting like nothing she just said happened. The Ratkin was strange but those were probably her inner thoughts. This was going to be a long day for everyone. " So, when do we go? " Kesh asked Cayde having her arms wrapped around the Alchemist's shoulders for better holding as to not fall off.

Scylla stood there waiting for some kind of explanation, yet to her immediate surprise the crone vanished, nothing but a flicker. Wait. What was that shimmering in the swamp woman’s robes as she disappeared? She wondered, then to the peculiar echoing of droplets, she glanced at the others quickly then back to where the hag had been. “Did you-?” She stuttered, as she scanned her surroundings, attempting to pinpoint the sound. But what she instead beheld was almost like glimpses in her mind, flashes of the swamp layout, but nothing in regards to what is where, it was very much like a maze was revealed. Beckoning them to traverse through the shadow and anything could be hiding through these muddy marshes. At least, whatever they’d explore they’d be aware of not moving through again.

As Scylla wrote her findings in her book, the pen would suddenly splatter ink on the page as the witch squeezed it in outrage at the vampires attitude. "ACK!" She pointed the feathered writing utensil at the vampire, about to retort in return, when the vampire deviously and sarcastically admitted she was one of those undead blood drinkers. Scyllas mind was then transported to memories of various entries in archived reports in the Academy Library. Manly of intermediate mages attempting to slay and gather vampires ashes for powerful potions. All but a few ever returning to complete their magical pursuits. And those who did, were never the same after such encounters.

Nissas suggestions weren’t bad per say, but her insistence on everyone just sitting around made her suspect. If she was indeed a vampire, then she likely wants blood. If everyone is distracted, socializing provides the perfect cover to commit the deed.

Suddenly, her pulse quickened at the thought of being bitten by one. The thought of being drained dry by a blood sucker sent a chill up her spine. Nervously laughing Scylla continued, “heh! V-very funny Nissa, I- I don’t believe you’re a vampire. I.. it’s easy to just call pale people names. Not okay.” She nodded, likely upsetting her further, but hopefully not?

Scylla would attempt to distract herself, Right. Theres an entire map in my mind that needs to be explored! She thought to herself, once again her hands reached out, as if in some kind of trance, almost feeling the various pathways the group could take. It felt like going east was their best bet in encountering the 'were-rabbit-lycanthrope', her logic, being that rabbits weren't too keen on noise. Being near the middle of the swamp, if there were other residents wouldn't be the most ideal. No. The rabbit would definitely take up residence near the outer rim of the marshland.

Opening her eyes, she sighed and looked at Kate, who seemed uneasy about something, Scylla would smile nervously at her, was it something I said? she wondered, before addressing her question, “I’m afraid we’re just going to have to take some risks.” Pouting with fake disappointment. She glanced at Clarice, knowing full well that she would likely be against such a thing. She wasn't too much of a risk taker. A rather serious tone enveloped the witch's expressions soon after in regards to her re-evaluation of the situation, addressing the group, “I have no intention of being here longer than necessary..” she began, her eyes closed dutifully as she held up a lecturing finger, “..but I also don’t intend on returning to the Academy empty handed..” opening her eyes, the witch's mood grew more and more devastated as she continued. “..as an.. incompetent.. unreliable.. fraudulent.. unworthy.. unnecessary.. incapable.. expendable..” she held her cheek in introspective daydreaming fright. “..failure.” She whispered to herself, “No.. please.. anything but that.”

Apparently snapping out of her self induced trance however, Scylla blinked a bit then chuckled with embarrassment. “Well, we all have our reasons to press forward, right..?” she shrugged, "..how about a vote? Whoever wants me to navigate for this group of trusty warriors, please raise your hand." She said confidently, as she held the front brim of her hat with a wink. Then immediately raising her hand, she nodded, wondering if anyone had even been paying attention. "Great! I accept this very big responsibility!" Without another word, Scylla returned to the donkey, grabbed whatever was left of her cake, stuffed the wrapped slices in her robes and marched east, holding up her left hand to better visualize the threaded layout through the dense marshes. She'd tiptoe through some bogs, and keep herself dry by stepping on stones instead of the water. Casting [Control Environment] on herself to keep dry, just in case she accidentally slipped or miscalculated while concentrating on the path. "Ready or not.. here I come!"

Last edited:
The Overgrown Marshes
8mbt94c.jpg
Mentions: Baharius Develius Develius | Scylla RavenSong RavenSong | Cayde The Last Curse The Last Curse | Kesh Skyhunter Skyhunter | Clarice TheSimianMind TheSimianMind | Nissa saxon saxon

Chandra Jarmil

The lizard, big as he was, didn't really faze Kalina and she forgot to act out such a thing. Then again, the character she was in right now would've seen enough horrors for something like Baharius not to scare her. If anything, she should probably act 'tired' of things like this.

That said, her fellow vampire was being quite a... challenging personality. Kalina didn't mind Nissa too much, as her actions meant less attention would go to herself, but it was confusing. There was one comment she couldn't let slide, as that'd be more suspicious than taking some action. Upon Nissa saying she'd take her blood, she raised her crossbow. “I'll slay you on the spot if you ever come close to me, you monster! Make sure to keep your distance!” That was the natural reaction to learning someone was a monster. She'd heard it being said to herself, after all. She wasn't sure what was up with these other people. Perhaps they were just waiting to see how anyone else would respond first, so she'd act the proper part and assure that she was left out of suspicion for now.

The oddly optimistic alchemist quickly grabbed her attention once more. He did seem eager to poison his pet rat with dangerous swamp-fruits, but Kalina could hardly blame him for it. The creature seemed like a huge hassle to have to deal with all the time. His neck looked appetising, but giving any attentions to such thoughts would undo all her hard work at keeping up this persona. Instead, she sighed. “This entire swamp is covered mostly equally, from what I can tell. I doubt that it'll help us a lot.”

As for Cayde's attempt to recall more on the Wererabbits, he did come up with some things he'd once read about. For one, Wererabbits looked like normal Rabbitfolk or Haregons most of the time, two species he'd run into in the Holy City of Vegard. Just like lycanthropy, they could transform into a much more feral and dangerous version of themselves. Unlike werewolves, however, this wasn't triggered by a full moon or anything like that, nor was it something they could do consciously. Instead, it was triggered when they got very emotional, in particular when they got furious or terrified. He couldn't recall any particular weaknesses or strengths, other than the basic assumption that they'd have some form of regeneration. Perhaps the latter would dawn on him again when he saw one.

As for Kalina, she was just silently staring at the rat suddenly trying to be a mediator. That said, perhaps it'd help get the job done a bit smoother. “For as long as nobody gets too close, I'm fine with working together. Even with a vampire.” She made sure to use her [Deception E] to make the latter statement of working with a vampire sound as doubtful as she could make it.

Renee's acquaintance, on the other hand, clearly wasn't blessed with the highest degree of intellect. Kalina was puzzled about her denying Nissa's vampirism. If it was just about the paleness, that Alchemist was definitely one of her kind as well. Her list of bad names for herself was weird to her as well. The strangest of all, however, were the mood swings. “Right... please lead the way, miss witch.” Kalina said, still trying to get a sense of what this girl was going through in the span of minutes.

That said, as they were traversing the swamps, making sure to avoid going in circles by following Scylla's ability to sense the threads, she made sure to stay a bit behind in the group. The excuse was that she used a ranged weapon. The real reason was that she didn't wish to have her back turned to any of these people. Then again, the latter would probably apply to most of them, so she was fine with having some people to her sides as a compromise.

As the group was travelling through the swamps, Kesh and Nissa would soon hear the sounds of someone fighting. Baharius, being on high alert, was next to hear it. The rest would hear it a bit later, if they were to approach the source of the sound. It was a Rabbitfolk, perhaps even the Wererabbit they'd been looking for, but they were fighting some nasty looking creatures. Cayde would recognise those to be Plague Boggearts.

QSeNln7.jpg

They were weak both in strength and sturdiness, but their claws and teeth dripped with all sorts of toxins, poisons and diseases that could make anything they bit wither away, plant and person alike. Their aggression to just about anything that moved or got in their made them an enemy to all other species, even fellow monsters, as they had too little intellect to be capable of speech or reasoning. Some said they were plagues incarnate into monster form.

Paladin Bunny
D6zEjp1.jpg
hnxWtMA.jpg

“In the name of Virtus, be slain you foul creatures!” A clear feminine voice shouted out across the marshes, stemming from the bunny woman that was fighting the Plague Boggearts. She seemed to be able to hold her own, using a hefty looking hammer with surprising strength in one hand to smash the boggearts to bits whilst using some sort of light magic to make sure they didn't attack her with their foul fangs and claws from the other hand. That said, she looked to be weary and tired, whilst there were at least twenty or so of these Plague Boggearts trying to gang up on her.

Of all people Cayde expected to try to string the group together, Kesh was the last. Nevertheless, she'd brought up some good points in her monologue, all while using proper grammar, not a single one of her 'word-synonym' lingo appearing anywhere. To many, it'd seemed her personality did a 180 as if her previous ditziness was nothing but a facade. To Cayde, however, it was drugs. Or, as Kesh called it, Frog Dust. He hid his displeasure behind pursed lips. "Kesh, what did I say about-" Cayde caught himself again before saying something he'd regret. As much as he disliked her avid use of drugs, this was her way of alchemy, or at least that's how he tried to see it. He always thought she'd look better slinging potions than snorting curious substances, but how could he inhibit her creativity? What kind of peer would he be then? Cayde shook his head, "Nevermind," He said quickly, offering Kesh a warm smile instead, "Let's just follow the nice witchy lady, okay?" Then, with his crossbow in hand, he began his trek with the others. His smile faded quickly.

The venture deeper into the swamps would be a quiet one. Cayde kept to himself, his eyes darting to the sides of the trail and his mind digesting the information he managed to dredge up. Fortunately for him, the were-rabbit didn't seem as bad now. Of course, she was still a lycanthrope, which meant he was always at risk of having his organs shown to him, but at least she wouldn't do it immediately. If he was careful, maybe the group could talk to her and end things without bloodshed. Cayde would've preferred it that way. "When we find her, try not to agitate her, yeah?" He told everyone, still keeping his eyes on the sides. "Wererabbits turn when they get angry or if they're spooked. It might help us to stay on her good side for now." That was if she wasn't the man-eating monster the hag had made her out to be. Cayde prayed otherwise: "Death by Were-Rabbit" was not something he wanted on his gravestone.

Then, he heard her. No doubt not as quickly as the others, but the sound of combat was hard to miss. "I think that's her!" Cayde muttered to the group as he darted forward, catching sight of the beastkin. She was, in fact, a rabbit. A rabbit, Cayde noticed, who was surrounded by a horde of Plague Boggearts. "Look!" he said, pointing towards the smaller monsters, "Plague Boggarts!" He counted around twenty of them, all focused solely on the beast woman. A frown formed on his face, "Nasty little things those are. Their teeth and claws are practically dripping with poison and disease. Wouldn't be too happy if they got ahold of you." Neither would the rabbit woman, Cayde knew, watching her fend the creatures off. It didn't seem she'd be able to do it for long, though.

Cayde had to weigh his options. If he did nothing, she'd probably turn. Same if he attacked her first, plus there'd be an entourage of Boggarts to boot. His last choice was to help her, prove that he and his allies were not a threat, or at least not yet. His conscience thought it was a good idea too. "We should help her." Turning to face his companions, he said, "Look, if we can prove we're friendly, maybe we won't have to escalate anything into a fight." He glanced in the beastkin's direction, "We'll come out one by one, try taking out those monsters, talk to her afterward, and hope she isn't like the hag says."

Cayde fished through his pack, pulling out his trusty alchemical pouch and some tools. He worked quickly: filling a beaker with alcohol, throwing in some crushed aromatic herbs, a hint of powdered Blue Dream, some powdered mushrooms, a few trickles of monster venom, and finally, a drop of mercury. He transferred the solution to a glass bottle, corked it, and gave it a good shake, producing a hastily-made [Siren's Song]. Unfortunately, he wouldn't have time to admire the sparkly, aquamarine substance as it churned and bubbled in his hand - he needed to move quickly. "I'll go first," Was what Cayde said before he bolted away from the others and into the fray.
"Hey!" Cayde shouted, stopping well out of slashing distance. "I heard you yelling down the path! It looks like you need some help!" If that didn't catch the monsters' attention, what he would do next hopefully would. "Hold your breath!" Cayde said as he chucked the sweet-smelling poison into the crowd of monsters.

• Siren's Song - Alchemy D, Nature D, Deception F, Weaken [Vitality] F, Persuasion F, Medicine D, Gear F, - Cayde creates a liquid that releases a cloud of soothing aromatic gas when exposed to air. Though alluring, the gas hides a vile poison that weakens opponents, lowering their vitality by 1 for 1 post. - Grade D - 2 Post Cooldown

As Scylla traversed the swamp through her magic sensitivity, she began to get a better feel for how it really worked in practice. Her eyes glowed slightly with a bluish hue, her hand raised forward as she lead the way. “Fascinating, its as if this entire swamp is connected..” she muttered to herself, “..i wonder if this connection someway extends to living creatures, if not then perhaps the plant life!” She exclaimed under her breath.

It was then that she heard others calling out about some kind of commotion occuring off the path. Before she knew it, others had already arrived to where this paladin bunny had braced for a fight. Although she appeared exhausted, she wondered if she’d been running from these creatures. It didnt matter, as Cayde threw some kind of alchemical concotion making these first move against these Boggearts. Scylla followed Caydes suggestion to come out one at a time as quickly as she could. Before beholding the adorable paladin bunny. She didnt want to startle her so she maintained a comfortable distance. “Hello there!” She began with as frindly a smile and tone as she could possibly muster. “It seems you have a problem!” she said knowingly stating the obvious. “Mind if we help?” Not expecting an answer she prepared a spell.

Uncertain if this was the were-rabbit the crone had mentioned earlier, she didnt think it wise to not assume. So she had to be extra careful. Going through the spells on tap in her mind, she decided a basic fire spell would be much less startling than full on shades and specters.

Her staff began to levitate infront of her as elemental fire began to circulate around her like fiery wisps, culminating at her staff before activating her spell.
[Fire Arrows] Aiming at 5 of the Boggearts away from the paladin bunny.

• Fire Arrows - Magic Affinity E - Fire Affinity F - Magic Targets E (5 targets) - Magic range E- Scylla emulates the motion of firing a bow with her staff, charging her magical power before repeating name of ability, sending fiery arrows at great speed towards targets. - Grade E - 0 Cooldowns [Energized E]

Last edited:

5ENGPYN.png

7oIhE4E.png

Mentions:
Elvario Elvario
(Kalina/Chandra) | RavenSong RavenSong (Scylla) | The Last Curse The Last Curse (Cayde) | Skyhunter Skyhunter (Kesh) | TheSimianMind TheSimianMind (Clarice) | saxon saxon (Nissa) |

Seeming to get his point across to Nissa, Baharius carried on in searching the nearby vicinity for clues. Others appeared to do the same, everyone spreading out in different directions. As far as the saurian knew, he was on his own for the meantime. Attuning his senses, Baharius was already on high alert for any signs of the creatures' whereabouts. His nostrils were filled with the smell of sulfuric marshlands and foul odors, yet no other unusual smells of note were yet to reveal themselves. Any unusual smells could lead him closer to the direction of the tree demon perhaps; but what kind of smell in particular is the question. The ground was still muddy as ever, with only a few small track ways dotting through the black muck. Yet there were no signs of any trackways matching the creature's descriptions. The stagnant lakes buzzed loudly with pestering flies, covered by the occasional croaking of frogs and cries of various exotic bird species; making it very difficult to catch any subtle sounds. If any of the creatures were purposefully keeping quiet and covering their tracks, Baharius would have to prepare himself for an ambush. Amber-colored eyes dotted spastically through the thick mush; his teeth chattering; he was excited, yet also cautious. He felt he was getting close to something~

Suddenly, a sharp noise pierced through the ambience opposite of where Baharius was looking. It was a voice; a feminine voice crying out against vile foes. His head immediately cocked back towards the sound's direction, pausing only for the briefest of moments. It didn't sound like any of the party members, so that meant it could belong to one of two things. With a low grumble, the beast took on a mad sprint towards the source, using his massive forearms to heave himself forward with his blade.

Once reaching the voice's location, Baharius saw what appeared to be a rabbit-person clad in armor fighting against a hoard of vile warty monsters. The paladin warrior seemed to be holding her ground rather well against the twenty odd-so creatures, but it was clear that they were taking its toll on her. That had to be the were-rabbit the Hag mentioned; at least in its dormant stage as he believed. Not long after, Clayde appeared near him and the others, where he brewed a plan that they should come out one by one, take out the monsters, and talk to the rabbit in a friendly matter, hoping that she isn't aggressive to them. The saurian agreed, letting Cayde be the first to throw a spray of poison at them, followed by Scylla's fire spell.

Then Baharius stomped out of the brush, breathing heavily as he did. He made sure to keep his distance from the toxic fumes and gave a mighty "Bestial Roar*" towards the rambunctious rabble; attempting to see if they would be intimidated enough to flee.

If it failed to demoralize the monsters, as the saurian suspects, he prepares his blade for a counter attack~

• Bestial Roar - [Intimidation F] - Baharius unleashes a powerful roar in an attempt to intimidate any who dare face him. - Grade F - 0 Post Cooldown.

*0:25

Last edited:
Nissa
OIP (10).jpg

Nissa looked towards the giant lizard as he spoke to her, "Would it be a waste of time, or would it be a simple plan? Regardless lizardman wandering blindly through the swamp with no real sense of where these things are is just as pointless, and we would be wasting supplies in the process." Nissa replied as she glanced at the lizard, not budging from her stance. Puffing herself up a little bit, she took a few steps forward and poked the lizard in the chest, "Not to mention, numbers do not always equal victory, but neither does quality over numbers. Simply relying on your bronze is stupid, and you should use that pea-sized matter in your head to think." She then looked down at her finger and up at the lizard before stopping and wiping her finger on a nearby tree.

She was then drawn to the Alchemist, who spoke to her along the same lines.
"You both do realize we have no idea where this rabbit is right. WE could be wandering around for hours wasting energy; it would make sense to conserve the energy. This place has literally evolved to kill the weak; making yourself weaker is not the move to make here," She stated as she shook her head and then rolled her eyes as the mention of the word Vampire once again.

Nissa watched as the rat pulled out the dust and then snorted it in front of the group. "See, that is what I mean; they are all drug addicts, how they even comprehend to do anything is beyond me. Apparently, the rat can mimic normal interaction when under the influence of drugs. I wouldn't trust the rat to make smart decisions in a fight if my life depended on it," Nissa concluded, rather annoyed as the rat spoke up again.

"You witch truly are special, aren't you?" Nissa asked as she spoke in a voice that had already come up with an answer. At the awkward moment when the witch said she wasn't a vampire, she just sighed. These mortals are stupid; they always make stupid decisions and complain when something doesn't go right. She thought to herself as the witch then pulled her out of her thoughts as she went on a small rant about failure to which Nissa smirked.

When 'Kate' pointed the crossbow at Nissa she glared as her opponent, drew her blade, and used her free hand to open her pack.
"Ah, hold it right there, put the toy down, girl; I won't have any issues starting a fight here with your especially. Put it down, or I will make you regret it, you stupid waste of flesh and space," She threatened as she wasn't about to back down until the woman pointed the crossbow down. As the group started to move Nissa made sure to keep a distance away from Kate or well made sure Kate was never behind her or close to her. Then came the sound of fighting, which they moved towards it and saw the rabbit folk and the swamp monsters fighting.

"This is a waste of time would be simpler to let the creatures do the work for us or at least weaken it," She suggested though that seemed to fall on deaf ears as several members of the group had already started to attack. Nissa shook her head and folded her arms across her chest as she let out an annoyed sigh and glared at the remaining members of the group. "Since you are all asking for a death wish, I might as well be in the fight and watch your all fail," she stated as she surged forward, drawing her blade. Going toward the nearest target, she then used Draining strike.

• Draining Strike - Fighting Style Nightblade F, Drain F - Nissa delivers a strike that saps the target's strength by 1 grade for a single post. - Grade F - 0 Post Cooldown

mentions:

Elvario Elvario RavenSong RavenSong The Last Curse The Last Curse Skyhunter Skyhunter TheSimianMind TheSimianMind Develius Develius

The Overgrown Marshes
8mbt94c.jpg

OOC With combat initiated, I'll try to keep track of positions on a map. Furthermore, I'll stick with the 3 action per round economy (move, defend, attack, ability usage, all count as 1 action, they can be mixed in whichever way works, such as 3 attacks or 2 attacks and defend, etc.). I'm noticing most of you are already doing so, but please do keep track of Cooldowns below your posts.

2agjeeG.jpg
(Black-and white icons are defeated.)

Cayde's decision to play the hero paid off at first. His yelling already attracted a few of the Boggearts, turning them away from the rabbit and towards himself. Sadly enough, the Boggearts were considered to be incarnations of a plague and disease for a good reasons. With how many poisons, toxins and diseases were already inherent to them, one or two more wouldn't really affect them. As a result, it was unclear whether or not Siren's Song did much or if they were resistance to that as well. That said, his actions definitely attracted even more of them. In fact, Cayde was perhaps attracting a bit too much, as three of them suddenly popped up from the murky water to his south-east. The bunny woman merely gave him a quick glance and a nod, as she was too busy fending off the Boggearts to reply.

Scylla entered the scene in a flashier manner. Although two of her fire arrows missed, the three others hit their targets and made them burn away with some loud hissing and screeching. It was clear these Boggearts weren't all that tough and from how well they burned despite being wet with swamp water, they were likely weak to fire. Her actions did attract some more Boggearts to rise from the swamp to her south-west, however, whom were considerably more drenched in swamp water and might be able to withstand the fire a bit better.

As if they were having a competition, Baharius announced his presence in an even flashier manner, with a very loud roar. For a second, it looked like the Boggearts were shaken by it, but then their extremely ferocious nature took over again. He saw a lot of them eye him for a split second, before they rushed at him. Attracting the majority of attention away from Cayde and Scylla and towards himself. Whilst his roar was capable of temporarily halting them for a few seconds, it wasn't scary enough to fully chase them off, as their incredibly aggressive nature was too strong. They'd be in swinging range soon (next round), although he'd have to position himself carefully to swing his weapon around without endangering his allies. Meanwhile, the Plague Boggearts weren't the only ones that heard the roar. The rabbit, who'd been fighting for her life, was caught off guard by it. If it wasn't for the fact that the roar also stunned the Boggearts for a few seconds, she'd have left herself wide open. Thankfully, both she and the Boggearts attacking her were halted in their movements for those few seconds, allowing her to defend herself again by the time they got right back into the heat of battle. That said, she did look a bit more stressed from the affair.

After an uncomfortable trip with both Nissa and Kalina continuously eyeing each-other to make sure neither was behind the other, she made the odd decision of fighting alongside the others despite criticising for them for doing so. Nissa's attack against the Plague Boggeart wasn't enough to bring it down, but with its strength drained, she was able to deliver the final blow with a quick second attack.

Finally, Kalina was going through her options carefully. She agreed with Nissa, as leaving this rabbit to her faith was the easiest solution. However, with the others thinking about it differently, it'd be a bit weird if she didn't join in. Besides, the bunny did look absolutely adorable, Kalina couldn't deny that. However, when she noticed the Alchemist was about to be attack by some Boggearts appearing from the swamp, she was quick to spring to action. Out of all the folk here thus far, she actually started to like him a bit, so it'd be a shame to see him go down so soon. Sadly enough, her first shot missed. Perhaps she'd been too rash in attacking. Either way, the next two did hit their targets perfectly, taking care of two of the four Boggearts rushing at Cayde from behind him.

5ENGPYN.png

7oIhE4E.png

Mentions:
| The Last Curse The Last Curse (Cayde) | saxon saxon (Nissa) |

Nissa looked towards the giant lizard as he spoke to her, "Would it be a waste of time, or would it be a simple plan? Regardless lizardman wandering blindly through the swamp with no real sense of where these things are is just as pointless, and we would be wasting supplies in the process." Nissa replied as she glanced at the lizard, not budging from her stance. Puffing herself up a little bit, she took a few steps forward and poked the lizard in the chest, "Not to mention, numbers do not always equal victory, but neither does quality over numbers. Simply relying on your bronze is stupid, and you should use that pea-sized matter in your head to think." She then looked down at her finger and up at the lizard before stopping and wiping her finger on a nearby tree.

Baharius glared at the haughty silver-haired girl attempting to sustain her superiority over the group; nor did he find himself amused by her antics. He didn't budge a muscle even as he felt her poke his bronze chest piece, only throwing a slight snarl revealing his needle-shaped teeth. While she was partially correct in her statements, this also depended on the circumstance at hand. Even if she was calling on a safer bet, her attitude and pitiful insults definitely didn't help resolve or calm the issue. Had it not been for the number of eyes watching him, he might as well punish her with a well-placed bite to the head, or at the very least smacking her away with a well-deserved tail swipe. Thankfully, he continued to keep his cool. After all, he had a reputation to keep; not just as an "ex-general" but also that any unexpected action as a beast could turn the entire wary group against him.

"Watch that haughty tongue of yours, miss."
he hissed with a snarl of displeasure, "Otherwise, it's going to get you killed."

As Nissa wiped her finger on the tree, Baharius glared down and brushed away the poked area before seeing himself off to find any nearby clues.

While Baharius' blood-curdling roar was enough to make his attention known towards the boggart horde, it wasn't enough to disperse their numbers as he suspected. Indeed, while they halted their movements for only a mere moment, they soon resorted back to their ravenous onslaught; with a a great number now heading straight towards the mighty sail-backed Saurian!

Three of the many boggarts were already closing in on the mighty theropod's position from the front, rushing in with extended claws and gaping maws ready to slash into the great beast's hide. Yet Baharius, his teeth now exposing in a scaly grin, was ready for them...

With the trio coming range, Baharius quickly checked his surroundings for any allies within his general vicinity. Clayde and Nissa were nearby, but they would be safe from what the saurian was about to do next. "Stand back!" he announced to them with caution, before he gripped the handle of his blade and issued a mighty Board Dune Swipe, swinging his massive blade around himself in an attempt to slice through the approaching rabble in a circular motion.

If any of the three still managed to survive the initial strike, Baharius would attempt to defend and block their toxic appendages by utilizing his great sword as a makeshift shield. Even if they got through, his exposed torso and knees would at least be covered by his bronze chest-plate and kneepads respectively. Once regaining his bearings, the saurian pulled his sword hand back before leaping forward to issue a Lunging Pierce at any one of the potentially surviving boggarts.

Broad Dune Swipe - [Fighting Style E, Area F] - [E] - COOLDOWN +1 - Baharius sweeps blade around body in a wide circle 10ft wide.

Lunging Pierce - [Fighting Style F, Accurate F] - [F] - COOLDOWN 0 - Baharius attacks targets with a lunging leap and striking forward at them while opening up his defenses close to his body.

Last edited:

Cayde caught their attention, all right. On the other hand, his poison would do little to the creatures, which he groaned at and acknowledged. "Should've seen that coming," He mumbled to himself. The same thought would repeat as he heard three more boggarts emerge from the swamps beside him. But before he could aim his crossbow, two bolts flew past him, striking two of the monsters dead. "Nice shot, Kate!" Cayde thought, turning to give his fellow crossbowman a wide, thankful smile. Only then would he notice the distance he put between himself and his allies, a tinge of embarrassment flushing his cheeks. Perhaps he was a bit too valiant with his charge. Nonetheless, he'd fix that issue right after attempting to solve the two in front of him.

Facing the boggarts again, Cayde brought up his crossbow and fired at the one closest to him (Southeast of his icon). Then, while taking a few steps backward, he'd load another broadhead and launch it towards the next boggart (Now four squares ahead of him), hopefully neutralizing them both. Amongst the thwip of the bolts leaving the crossbow, he'd hear the cries of the monsters further on, searing from Scylla's attack. It seemed fire managed to do the trick. He also counted a few more boggarts than before, likely rising from the water as did the others, Cayde assumed. He'd have to share that with the others when he reached them.

Once he did, he showed his gratitude to Kate first, offering her the same wide smile as before, "Thanks for the assist, Kate. I owe ya one," He peeked over his shoulder to spot the two boggarts she killed. A surge of relief washed over him. It felt good knowing another person was watching over him - even if he had no clue who they were. "Actually, make that two. Three, if you save me again." He chuckled, turning to address his other allies, "Alright, I think it's best if we steer clear of the water altogether. I'm sure there are more things just waiting to get us if we wade into there. I'll keep an eye out if I spot any trying to flank us." He pointed over to Scylla, to the burnt corpses of the boggarts in the mud, and the soggy ones following in their stead, "Fire seems to be a good way to stop them, but if they're soaked like those over there, we'll have to help with our other weapons." He nodded, "Claws, swords, bolts, magic, et cetera, et cetera."

Nissa
OIP (10).jpg

Nissa smirked at the creature slumped on the ground dead, though she hadn't expected them to be as tough as they were. She still thought it would have been better to let the rabbit fight the monsters and weaken itself. The things these mortals do, I don't understand much more than I understood people in my previous life. However, the people from this world are something different, more akin to sprinting to their deaths. She thought to herself as she looked down at the corpse in front of her.

She was interrupted as the giant lizard man roared, which caused everything to stop for a moment before continuing again and he swung his blade around in an attack.
"Are you trying to draw them towards us or something?" Nissa shouted as she the creature lunged forward, making himself a larger target than he had to. "Maybe don't over-extend yourself in this swamp that will eat living things alive! Hey Rabbit you had better be grateful for this help!" She shouted as she look at the next closest target (diagonally 2 squares above her). She rushed forward as she noticed a green substance on her blade, blood possibly? I really don't want to taste it. She thought to herself as she closed the gap with the target she grabbed her wand with her free hand. "Blood needle," She muttered hoping the sound of battle would keep the ability's name hidden.

If that didn't finish off the creature, she would follow up with Draining strike again in the hopes to finish it off. She wasn't too concerned with the diseases from the creatures since she was already undead. So unless there was some weird disease that would affect the undead she felt like she was safe.

• Draining Strike - Fighting Style Nightblade F, Drain F - Nissa delivers a strike that saps the target's strength by 1 grade for a single post. - Grade F - 0 Post Cooldown
  • Blood Needle - Magic F, Blood Affinity F - Using either the blood on her sword or opening one of her blood jars she can use blood magic to make needles made of blood and throw them at a target within 5 feet. - Grade F - 0 Post Cooldown

mentions:

When the enemy is making a false movement we must take good care not to interrupt him.
- Napoleon Bonaparte

Halfwits!

Clarice hisses as she surveils the battlefield with savage, almost saurian eyes. In her humble opinion, the party's mindless, uncoordinated advance reveals a glaring absence of battlefield experience and survival instinct. Like shock troops under the command of General Custer, their plan starts and ends with a slapdash charge. Their flanks are exposed; the enemy could easily wrap around and overpower them with sheer numbers. Hell, the enemy could mob the frontline fighters and threaten the midline well within ten seconds. Bereft of compassion for the encircled monster - a monster Cayde must prize considering how high he jumped at the prospect of saving the blasted thing (near over the moon, by Clarice's reckoning) - she feels no obligation to lift a finger on its behalf. In fact, it would do wonders for the party dynamic if half of the party keeled over dead. Why? Because they are constantly at each other's throats and fight as a bunch of individuals, not as a team. The hopefuls at the Ryken Academy admissions exam had more sense than that!

Clarice should just abandon them to their fate. Let them waste their energy on what that white knight of an alchemist unilaterally decided was in the best interest of the party. The injuries they'd endure would be the well-deserved result of their tactical blunders! If Athena, Ares, or some other shield-thumping war deity granted her the opportunity, Clarice would relish the chance to punch the alchemist in the kidneys as reprisal for this engagement - which is even dumber as tarrying uselessly until nightfall in the middle of a parasite-infested swamp while wet conditions bleed everyone else dry of sanitary clothing. Have fun with trench foot; hope you weren't attached to your feet!

Clarice factors each body, living or dead, embroiled in the skirmish into the cold calculus of war at the heart of her decision-making process. All are measured. All are found undeserving of her aid, for they failed to analyze the evidence strewn across the battlefield and draw the right conclusions from it.

The bunny seems tired. The bunny seems weak. Yet if this was a prolonged battle and if the enemy, individually, is so easy to slay, shouldn't bodies be piled around the bunny? A ploy, perhaps.

Clarice counts thirty-something monsters - a decidedly large group to randomly stumble across. Were they roaming freely, they would cause too much of a disturbance to catch someone - particularly someone with heightened senses - unawares. Therefore, the bunny initiated this battle. What did the bunny have to gain? If the hag's words ring true, this is part of the bunny's deception. They're playing right into its hands.

Note that the bunny, despite invoking Virtus (the divine flavor of the week, Clarice can only assume), wields light magic, not holy magic. Even at this range, the difference between magical energy and divine energy would be sensible. It isn't obvious that this power is in any way divine, so the "paladin" might have lost the favor of this god - or never had such favor in the first.

Between the infighting, the lies, the drug problems (which were connected to the lies), the Scooby-Doo tactics, and the astounding deficiency of common sense, Clarice is done with this group for now. Let them be duped by the werehare! She needs to find the item that ties the banshee to the material world before nightfall when it becomes active or a silver bullet.

[Action 1: Magic Affinity E + Investigation F] Clarice examines the surrounding environment, searching for clues indicating the location of the rabbit's hovel/origin point or the item anchoring the banshee to the materials plane (presumably a mummified corpse).

[Action 2: Movement] Clarice moves in the direction of either the rabbit's hovel/origin point or the banshee's item, circling around the ongoing combat if necessary.

[Action 3: Readied Action - Kingmaker E] Clarice raises her gauntlet and prepares to cast [Kingmaker E] on any creature in range that threatens her or otherwise attempts to impede her progress.

The Overgrown Marshes
8mbt94c.jpg

etn6BVT.jpg
(Black-and white icons are defeated.)

Baharius timed his attack well with the three incoming Boggearts, managing to slam through two of them before his sword finally halted a bit into the third. After defending against the third's claws, his lunging pierce was enough to take care it. However, despite yelling to stand back, Nissa had jumped forwards, whilst Cayde remained where he was to fire his crossbow first and only backed-up afterwards. Both would feel the air of the blade's spin on their skins as it was barely missing them when Baharius swung it in a full circle while they were both close-by. They were extremely lucky that the sword hadn't also hit them. It was clear that a bit more team-work was needed, as this type of luck probably wasn't going to hold up for long.

A well-aimed hit from Cayde's first shot managed to hit something vital inside that Boggeart that made it tumble over and die, although the second hit got stuck into the other Boggeart's arm without killing it. He managed to successfully retreat a few steps, allowing Kalina to take out the second Boggeart before the creature could make it over to him. “Three's the charm.” She couldn't help adding, after Cayde's earlier words. On the topic of tree; that was also the amount of Boggearts from further north that made their way into the part of the swamp where their comrades had fallen and would likely be able to make their way over to Baharius or Cayde/Kalina on soon, if they weren't intercepted first.

Nissa, meanwhile, was playing quite a dangerous game. Despite reprimanding Baharius about overextending, she jumped forwards and further away from the group, to where she'd be most susceptible to being swarmed by these Boggearts. Her Blood Needle attack against it landed just as it turned around to focus on the new foe, instantly bringing it to the brink of death. Whilst the needles themselves didn't harm it much, the sheer amount of them made up for. That said, she realised she wasn't able to land a [Draining Strike] (F-grade abilities have a 0 Post Cooldown, meaning there's only one per post). Instead, she finished the creature off with a normal stab with her longsword. The victory, however, was short-last as she'd drawn in the attention from quite a few Boggearts. One (directly above her) was about to strike her with its claws. Another group (the ones to her left) had split into two, with three (furthest to the left) of them heading for Scylla whilst another two (to Nissa's north-west) were heading for Nissa. With the bunny paladin luckily covering Nissa's back somewhat, she wouldn't be surrounded, but she'd have to figure out how to prevent being rushed by the three Boggearts coming at her, of which one (as stated earlier) was already attacking.

On the topic of the Bunny Paladin, she didn't get a moment to reply to Nissa, as the Boggearts had successfully started to surrounded her. In a desperate attempt to break free, she brought her hammer down upon a Boggeart behind her and between her and Nissa. After that, she back up to Nissa and replied. “Don't let them surround us, or we're both dead!” There was clearly some panic and tiredness in her voice, but not a whole lot. Whilst she might not be able to win on her own, there was clearly still a fair bit of fight left in her. Enough to last for a while for as long as her back wouldn't be exposed to more Boggearts.

Clarice, meanwhile, took a few steps back to look at the scene unfold. As Clarice started to pay attention to the bodies, she noticed that the slain plague Boggearts were barely noticeable among the swamp ground. Their odd bodies almost seemed to become one with the soil after dying. The latter made it difficult to estimate how long the fight had lasted before they'd arrived, but if one combined the amount of Boggearts there were and how many more showed up short after their arrival, it was safe to assume it hadn't been long. Otherwise the bunny would've been entirely overwhelmed. They likely arrived short after the battle broke out, with the bunny merely being tired from trying to stay alive against the overwhelming odds and not as much from the long time she'd been battling them.

Thanks to having E magic, Clarice would be able to navigate the swamps just well enough to start moving about on her own. However, she couldn't find any sign of a burrow or ties that might bind the banshee in the immediate vicinity. She'd have to carefully consider if she was brave enough to wander off further from the group on her own or if she wanted to stay close enough to run back to them were she to be attacked by something. She did, however, find something else as she was stumbling around. A corpse of a humanoid skeleton, mostly rotten away, partially sunken into the swamp water. Even with most their flesh rotten off, it was clear by the scratch marks on their armour and bones that they'd likely been a victim of plague Boggearts. The armour, what remained of it at least, was oddly similar to that of the Paladin Bunny.

Kesh

1660780896277.png

Kesh must have been really out of it, the next thing she knew they were in the middle of a fight, Kesh's eyes widen as she shook her head, holding her head then rubbing her frizzled and possibly dirty hair, despite it looking clean. Well. Somewhat, she didn't look clean at all, luckily the swamps were covering her scent otherwise she would most likely smell like a large rat that hadn't showered in many days. Looking over the field, Kesh saw these strange little boggarts that have popped up and a- GASP a cute little bunny knight! Kesh wanted to meet the little guy! They seemed fun and cute, Kesh knew what she had to do, she raised her hand that had her family's ring on it, she gave a smile and whispered, " Get me through these weird little creatures, I need to Conceal-Hide Away! " Kesh's voice rang out in an echo as her ring lit up with a strange magic.

As Kesh disappeared from sight, she had a little giggle like a child and quickly ran through the swamp, using her acrobatics to flip over Chandra (Kalina), Kesh would say, " Hi, weird-strange lady! hehehehehehe! " Kesh's voice whispered while in the air in a weird giddy fashion like a child trying to not to laugh, despite being hidden from sight. As Kesh landed on her feet, she continued on her way and ran pass Cayde then Scylla, Scylla would feel a hand rummage through her pocket quickly for a split second but there was nothing there. Kesh continued her way when she didn't get anything and saw the incoming boggarts, Kesh moved pass one then a group of two before getting behind the farthest boggart. Kesh wasn't exactly sure what she could do, she wasn't much for to fight as she was pretty untrained, but she was an evasive rat and what did that contribute? Nothing really, she just liked to be weird. Kesh wasn't a complex rat, for her it is drugs, gold-money, alchemy, sleep, more drugs, coming up with great ideas that she would forget later on, then one more drug.

Now that Kesh's schedule was depicted, she made it to the farthest boggart, Kesh stopped and began to think of what to really do. Kesh didn't like fighting and wasn't sure how to attack the boggart, she knew she needed to help the group out, she wanted to be useful for once. Kesh knew she was sometimes annoying and crazy, but the rat wanted to actually help. Kesh knew what she could do! Blind one of them! " Sneaky Kesh attack! " Kesh whispered to herself as she brought back her arm and was ready to use her claws (F). The Ratkin then swiped her claws in an arc at the Boggart's face, aiming for its eyes to try and blind it. Kesh's heart began racing, she didn't like hurting another creature, she knew what it was like to be hurt. Kesh knew this was the only way to do this, she had to help the group. Especially Cayde, he's been caring for her since they met, even claiming to know her when he did not, even after stealing from him Cayde defended the Ratkin. Kesh felt incredibly bad as he was out there taking on these boggarts and she was in the back being useless. Kesh had to step up, and if hindering one Boggart helped with that, that she would be happy with that. Kesh was content with what she was going to do now. Time to blind a weird creature!

• Conceal-Hide Away! - E - Magic Affinity E, Undetected F, Magic Duration F: Kesh uses her abilities to hide away from both people's sight and having the ability to suppress her sound as well. This effect lasts for 1 minute. (1 Post Cooldown)

Realizing she was daydreaming of Renee, and of being back home in her cozy bed Scylla snapped out of her trance. Again. “Hm? what?” She said confused as she realized what was happening.

“AHA!! I GOTCHA-!” she exclaimed as the Boggearts withered in burning flames. Then quckly frowned when she realized two arrows had missed, pulling her hat down over her ears, she hopped with frustration. “No no NO! I was too hasty!” Then noticing the new Boggearts spawn, drenched in water and likely more resistant to fire she stuck out her tongue at them in defiance. "Blegh!" It seemed she daydreamed longer than usual as now three of those boggearts were coming towards her menacingly.

She looked over her right shoulder at the others making their attacks then suddenly covered her ears as the lizard man roared loudly. “WHAA!! Hey!!! Whats the big idea?!” she exclaimed, her voice raised a few pitches, but quickly brought her hands over mouth when Scylla realized Baharius had attracted the monsters attention away from her.

Hmmm not bad? Did he mean to do that? She wondered, however this gave Scylla an opportunity to cast a bit more freely. Knowing this, she’d move a bit closer behind Baharius, (2 squares right, 1 square up). Standing far away enough for Baharius to move freely as well. “Okay, sir-lizard-roaring-knight, theres three over there that are coming after me.” If the giant dino looked over his shoulder he’d see Scylla give him a cheerful thumbs up. “I really hate to ask, but I think my magic isn't working right due to my sugar rush.." Smiling nervously at the giant lizard creature, "..if we can clear up this left bog, we could finish the rest of them off together. What do you say?"

Overhearing Nissa’s attitude and rude-ish comments, Scylla looked over to her with a frown, muttering under her breath. “Goodness, and here I thought Clarice was moody.” Although the witch was actually quite impressed by with making such apparent easy work of the Boggearts. Likely some kind of weird vampiric magic.

By the way. Where was Clarice?

As the witch looked around for her trusty Academy colleague, the plague doctor pointed at her, at first feeling accused “I-it wasn’t me i swe-“ She then listened intently at his observations before nodding. “Very well, you handle the ones coming out of the swamp over there..” she pointed, “..and ill take care of those in the water to my left then.. i guess this means you’re in charge now..” she said with a beaming smile. “..thank you for volunteering for the leader position! I wont let you down, doctor.. I mean.. Doc!” Scylla giggled.

Before she could begin her incantation however, the witch felt a gropey hand in her back pockets. “EEEEEKK!!!” She shrieked, as she jumped and turned quickly to face what had done such a pervy act. Looking at whoever was behind her, it couldnt have been Clarice, she was too far, ‘Kate’ was busy with her crossbow, so that had to be, Cayde. “HEY YOU!” She said with an accusing finger, holding her hat by the brim, "Take me on a date FIRST you pervert!!” The groaning and hissing of the Boggearts quickly made her turn to face the danger before them however, but not before muttering under her breath shaking her head. “I hate Cupid and his stupid little arrows.”

It appeared that fire was fairly effective, especially when it came to the Boggearts that weren’t freshly spawned out of the swamp water, taking Caydes advice, she decided to repeat the same spell. Scyllas staff would levitate harnessing the fiery spell, "With a bang and a BOOM!” Sparks suddenly erupted from Scylla's staff, sending five fiery arrows towards their respective targets in the bog.

(1.Move to the right 2 squares, and 1 square up. 2. cast spell 3. none)

• Fire Arrows - Magic Affinity E - Fire Affinity F - Magic Range E (30ft) - Magic Targets E (5 targets) [Energized E] - Scylla emulates the motion of firing a bow with her staff, charging her magical power before repeating name of ability, sending fiery arrows at great speed towards targets. - Grade E - 0 Cooldowns [Energized E]

Last edited:

5ENGPYN.png

7oIhE4E.png

Mentions:
| RavenSong RavenSong (Scylla) | saxon saxon (Nissa) | The Last Curse The Last Curse (Clayde)

Baharius would hit his marks; slaying the three boggarts in a swift and effective maneuver. However, he seemed to have underestimated his overall reach and nearly knicked both Nissa and Clayde in the process. He had to be more aware of his surroundings next time, although frankly he would've have cared if he knocked the silver-haired woman down a few pegs. He felt she at least needed that.

As he was about to move towards the horde closing in on the rabbit paladin, he'd notice Scylla coming close behind her. She was indeed wise to keep a fair amount of distance from the Saurian's bulk, but she had an urgent request - to slay the three boggarts heading straight towards her as she tries to get ahold of her magic powers. If they could clear out their left flank, they could finish the rest off together. Baharius turned his reptilian head to see the cheerful "witch" giving him a thumbs up, answering her with a confirming nod.

"Very well." the beast acknowledged, as he shifted his weight and stomped towards the three incoming creatures*. Just as the closest boggart was within Scylla's striking range, Baharius roared as he struck the creature with another Lunging Pierce. Yet two more were rapidly closing in on his location. Acting fast, the saurian gripped both hands on the blade's handle and reared his blade upwards towards one of the beasts with a Lifting Cleave, as scrum water and thick mud splattered off from where the sword scrapped the bottom of the bog.

*Three Right; One Up*

• Lunging Pierce - [Fighting Style F, Accurate F] - [F] - COOLDOWN 0 - Baharius attacks targets with a lunging leap and striking forward at them while opening up his defenses close to his body.
  • Lifting Cleave - [Fighting Style E, Super-Strength F, Accurate F] - [E] - COOLDOWN +1 - Baharius sweeps blade upwards to try and lift his target within 10 feet into the air.

Cayde muttered a quick gotcha as the first bolt hit right on target. Unfortunately, the second was not as deadly, though Kate quickly rectified that, all thanks to her sharpshooting. "Hey, thanks again, Kate!" Cayde waved to her in gratitude, "I guess I gotta even it out now, huh?" He said with a chuckle before returning his attention to the battlefield. Kate was starting to grow on him, and Cayde was all for it. Any attempt to break that veil of suspicion between them was a welcome one. Perhaps a little competition would do the trick, he wondered, a slight smile creeping onto his face. There'd be no way of knowing until he tried.

The boggarts seemed to be on board, several more starting their move over on his side. Thankfully, they hadn't sprung out of the mud, but Cayde noticed they were funneling out of a landmass further right side. His eyes flashed open, a new idea forming in his head. He turned to Kate, the same sly smile plastered on his face, "Hey, Kate, look over there," He said, pointing past the incoming boggarts and towards the small islet in the distance, "Those Boggarts are making a chokepoint. Maybe if we move to different angles, we can get 'em' before they come too close, cover our allies' flanks, y'know?" His tone and face indicated a but was coming, "But, who cares about all this tactical talk? How about a little game between strangers?" He offered, scratching at his chin, "Whoever slays the most boggarts gets..." Cayde couldn't think of a worthwhile prize outside one of his potions. He doubted she'd be interested in a botanical encyclopedia either, "Uh, we'll agree to something later, yeah?"

Before taking his position, Cayde nodded tentatively to Scylla's proposal. While he had no problem with her strategy, his sudden promotion to a leader startled him. He never thought of himself as a leader in any capacity. That title was reserved for only the most responsible, the most nurturing, the ones who could create other leaders. That's what a good leader does, he thought. He couldn't do any of that. Ceylan could if he was here. Cayde wondered what he was doing now...

Then, Scylla called him a pervert. Cayde's brain short-circuited, every thought turning into incomprehensible mush. "Pervert? WHAT?!" Cayde raised his hands so fast he almost dropped his crossbow, his face contorting into sheer horror. Being labeled as a leader was mortifying enough, but now this? If Zane even caught a whiff of this back in Ryken, he'd murder him. Or he'd pay Kesh to do it. Both were as likely as they were terrifying. "N-no, no, I was shooting at the monsters!" Cayde stammered, gesturing to Kate as if to say, 'you saw me, right?' "It was probably someone else! It was probably..." Cayde paused. He knew exactly who would run through someone's pockets. He turned on his heels to point right at them, "No, it was DEFINETLY-" Kesh wasn't behind him. Cayde's blood ran cold.

That was a good enough reminder for him to stop talking and move. "Look, we'll discuss this later too. Let's just get a better sight-line on these guys, okay? You'll get a good one if you move up to your right." He said to Kate quickly before darting to his position (2 squares up, 3 right), loading another bolt along the way. Once he reached there, he fired at the Boggeart diagonally of him, using [Vital Shot]. He'd hit something important the last time, so he aimed at a similar target, hoping this time would be no different.

As the bolt left his crossbow, Cayde began to scan his surroundings. Much to his dismay, he still couldn't spot Kesh, but he saw Lyse in the distance, waging her war against the boggarts alone. Of course, he should've expected as much. "Lyse, looks like you need a little help over there. Am I right?" He asked, counting the monsters in front of her. Cayde wasn't expecting to hear a yes, but he wouldn't care. She was a part of the team, he'd help her regardless.

• Vital Shot - Medicine D, Fighting Style "Like a Needle" F, Perception E, Nature D, Steady Hands F, Fighting Style D [For Monster & Men] (Continuing F) - After identifying a target, Cayde fires a bolt at their vital body parts, causing a lingering, stabbing pain in the area shot - Grade D - 2 post cooldown

The Overgrown Marshes
8mbt94c.jpg

MK8cYem.jpg
(Black-and white icons are defeated. Red ones are severely injured.)

Kesh saw a crossbow aimed vaguely in her direction as she suddenly flipped over Kalina and spoke up, but the trigger wasn't pulled. Being [undetected] in both sight and sound at a greater grade than Kalina's senses, the vampire couldn't hear what the rat was saying and could only vaguely get a grasp of what'd just occurred from the scent and displacement of air passing over her. As Kesh travelled onwards through the swamp water, after harassing Scylla, she'd realise that the displacement of mud and water was quick to reveal her position. Luckily enough, the Boggearts didn't seem intelligent enough to notice it, at least not for now. That said, it'd probably be good to keep in mind to avoid such places in case they were to pick up on it later or in case she were to go up against a more intelligent foe at one point or another. Kesh's claws, coming out of nowhere, managed to strike true as the Boggeart's eyes got ripped out of its head. Its gaping maw attempted to immediately bite whatever was in front of it, only to be incapable of spotting it thanks to Kesh's undetected and its own clawed-out eyes. Confused, the Boggeart just started to wildly slash its claws in the air, hoping to hit Kesh by sheer luck and viciousness. It'd probably take one more well-aimed hit to bring down.

Scylla decided to get right behind Baharius in order to sent him after the Boggearts most likely to have a bit more resistance against her own fire attacks. The latter was quick to charge in by stomping towards them (OOC; considering he's going along with Scylla, I'm assuming he's going three left and one up, as three right one up means he'd be cutting down a tree), being lucky not to run into Kesh as she was crossing paths with him whilst undetected. Baharius met the Boggearts just as they were about to get out of the swamp, where his first Lunging Pierce made quick work of the one closest to him. However, he wasn't able to follow it up by a Lifting Cleave. (OOC; considering there's no limit on how many abilities one can make, cooldowns in IH are based on ability grades, not specific abilities. E grade abilities are still on the one post cooldown this post after last post's usage of Broad Dune Swipe). Instead, he'd be able to strike it with a normal sword-slash, which didn't kill the creature, but did halt it in its tracks and severely wounded it. The latter was enough for one of Scylla's five fire bolts to finish it off. Although these Boggearts, thanks to being wet with swamp water, were a little bit more resistance to the fire, the remaining four bolts still managed to take out the two Boggearts flanking Baharius. In the end, only one lone Boggeart remained on their side. That said, being the low-intelligent creatures that they were, it still came rushing at Baharius with a lot of fury.

Cayde, deciding to get competitive, got a chuckle out of Kalina. “You're on.” She said, already loading another crossbow-bolt. Oddly enough, in their little competition, she got some help from Scylla yelling out and distracting Cayde. As he was raising his hands, Kalina had already made it to her vantage point where she laid aim and hit the first Boggeart with a lethal hit. As she was aiming her second attack, so did Cayde. The Vital Shot failed to leave a lingering, stabbing pain, as the Boggeart died upon impact, having hit with enough force to take it out instantly. Kalina's shot hit true as well, upon which she displayed a bit of a smile. Thanks to some unexpected help from Kesh and Scylla distracting Cayde, she was in the lead with this little game of theirs.

Further up, Nissa found herself in deep trouble. Although Kesh was able to hold back one of the three Boggearts and the Paladin Bunny covered the other side, she still had two Boggearts to deal with. Although she'd be able to defend against one of them, the second was able to scratch her with its nasty claws. Thankfully, her undead nature and slightly higher vitality meant the poisons and diseases didn't immediately wreck her body through these relatively shallow wounds, but she'd still feel it burn and itch in a very unpleasant manner. Nissa obtained F Grade claw wounds. (OOC: If your character is in active combat, not posting doesn't mean you're safe, so if you need an extension, ask for it and I might give another 24 hours. If I don't hear anything, I'll default to a character trying to defend for the turn.)

A little besides Nissa, the Paladin Bunny finally got overwhelmed by the Boggearts. A slash here, a slash there... Slowly, yet steadily, the toxins, poisons and diseases started to enter her bloodstream. With some light magic and her hammer to defend herself with, she was able to keep herself afoot, but it was clear that things were taking a turn for the worst. With Nissa having to defend herself, the Boggearts were getting very close to fully surrounding the now wounded bunny. Whilst she somehow managed to remain composed through-out it, it was clear she was in pain and that she might end up being overwhelmed by these Boggearts sooner rather than later. What was worse, she wasn't able to take down a single one of these Boggearts, instead needing to focus all her energy on defending herself and trying to stay alive.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back