• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Graded [Kananto Village] The Dead Awake at Night, Part 2 (Blue Viscera Occult)

Renee Nyx

1654137653310.png

Renee almost laughed when asked what the difference was, " Oh sister. You almost made me laugh. " She giggled " The difference between a Lich and Necromancer is that a necromancer is usually alive, Dahak looks like he is beyond dead and undead. Like a husk. Also he doesn't feel pain when he was shot through his body. Necromancers can be undead but they usually aren't in control of themselves. a lich though... Much more sinister, sister. A lich is a older wielder of death, they usually have to give up a piece of themselves to gain power of death itself. They also usually have a phylactery, which I predict that is. But I can't be sure, it very well could be a trick made by Dahak. But I doubt it. Look at how it looks. It just oozes magic here. The inside is black and white energy similar to what he just tried to cast. " Renee explained. " So I want to say it is a phylactery. Lichs defy death by magical means. " Renee pointed out. " Lichs also make deals with other entities to gain their powers. " Renee explained last minute.

Dahak looked worried, " no... You bastards. You don't touch that! " He roared as he tried to get up but instead fell over onto his side, " No... Years of work, years of dedication gone... I will not allow it. " Dahak began to push himself up, dragging himself over slowly, looking at them with hateful eyes. " You don't get to decided if I live or die...! " He growled.

Interactions: Elvario Elvario

Kalina Chivernu
Mentions: Renee Skyhunter Skyhunter | Gawain Dante Verren Dante Verren | Kurikara EMIYAman EMIYAman

Kalina was a bit offended when she was getting laughed at. How in the world was she supposed to know such things? Just because those liches were also undead or something didn't mean that she somehow knew all these odd details about them. “So... if we destroy that phycaltrey thing, it will kill Dahak?” She asked, with a grin that was surprisingly monstrous. “Hey, Gawain, over here! Why don't you do the honours and smash that thing to pieces. Let's see if it'll give Dahak a real final rest. Kurikara, would you mind holding him down so he fails at this meaningless last-ditch effort to stop us?”

She was eager to see Dahak die for real, but she was happy to share that joy with those she'd fought besides during these last battles. Gawain in particular seemed the most determined, so she figured he'd deserved it the most, although Kurikara deserved to be closest to Dahak when he died, she felt like, after the knightless shiny armour nearly died to one of Dahak's servants. Having made up her mind, she'd step aside. Just in case Renee's warning that it might be a trap was true, she'd rather not be too close to the phylactery.

Selani.png
Mentions: Skyhunter Skyhunter

After Renee had pointed out the room in the back, Selani peeked past her, immediately seeing the strange, arcane jar filled with who-knows-what. Selani had no clue what it was, but Renee was quick to identify it, discerning the vessel as Dahak's phylactery. Naturally, Selani also didn't know what a phylactery was, but hearing Dahak's desperate attempts to stop them only proved that it was of great significance. "His phy-lact-ery, huh?" Selani mumbled, trying to sound out the unfamiliar word, "So, it's that easy? We smash it, and we kill em for good?" She almost laughed at the simplicity - to think Dahak's fall would result from a broken jar, "Alrighty then, I'll leave y'all to it!"

While they'd get into place, Selani would set her eyes on the chest farther into the room. While looting it now wouldn't be the greatest idea, that didn't stop her from imagining what could be inside. Dahak claimed to be this centuries-old being, so there was bound to be something good, or at least, that was what she hoped. Of course, Dahak could've put it there as a last-ditch effort to trick anyone who somehow managed to get past his illusion, but that seemed unlikely for a room so well hidden.

For now, though, Selani would focus on Dahak's encroaching execution, watching the rest of her teammates deal their justice. To her, he was just another evil bastard, but to the others, this victory had way more in between the lines, so her avarice would have to wait.

Gawain
Interaction: Skyhunter Skyhunter Elvario Elvario EMIYAman EMIYAman The Last Curse The Last Curse
Gawain.jpg

Gawain stopped in his tracks, h had intended to walk away and go in search of whatever he could find to destroy Dahek. He had not expected such a harsh reaction form Kurikara, from someone who he had come to call a friend. There was a dull sting in his heart, a mix of sorrow and betrayal. The emotions felt off as if they were misplaced or muted. He would of thought that they would have been stronger, yet they were barely there. They were a strong enough to be noticed but not strong enough for him to care. Turning his head he stared straight into the empty eye slits of the construct's helmets. "Then I pray if you do try to kill me, to at least make it quick." then he turned and resumed his search.

The skeleton's attention was quickly drawn when he heard his name being called out. Following the sound to Kalina he saw what she gestured to. The large jug sat on the desk, the magic swirling inside while it was etched with Runes. That was it.... that was the key to killing the monster! He turned his head to nod graciously at Kalina. "Thank you" he said with a voice filled with as much gratitude as he could muster. Walking to the desk he reached out to the Jug with both hands but stopped a few centimeters away from it. He felt a sudden compulsion, a compulsion to speak. To air out his own dirty laundry and perhaps finally fully sperate himself from his own specter. It was corny, but he would do it anyway.

He raised his voice, loud enough so even Dahek could hear him, not caring if his other companions were listening or not. He just wanted Dahek to hear him, he wanted Luca to hear him. "Dahek, you and I were not that different. We both used people as tools, as expendable resources that could always be replenished. People existed so men like us could do what ever we wanted with them. Young or old, man or woman, it did not matter and never would matter. We took what we want no matter how much blood it costed. We both hid behind minions to do our dirty work, confident in our own arrogance that we could never be defeated. We were wrong, I was wrong."

His hands reached out and gripped the jug tightly. "The difference between us is that I learned while you didn't. I looked at my new face, i looked at the monster I had become and I changed. I saw what I had done and I was glad I was undead, for if I wasn't I would have killed myself on the spot. I was given a second chance, not to my redeem myself but to make sure no one like me would ever get away with it. Now that we are here, I only have one thing left to say. Avanti Dahek. Avanti" In one swift motion Gawain swung the Jar above his head and let his knees drop. Slamming down onto his knees he brought the jug straight down onto the ground with the entire force of his being.

Kurikara
Interactions: Skyhunter Skyhunter Dante Verren Dante Verren Elvario Elvario

Hakumen_(Story_Mode_Artwork,_Defeated).png As the group poured over the items within Daheks lair they eventually found an extra room containing all manner of trinkets, tomes and magical artifacts. What drew the eye of the Witch appeared to be a large flask containing a sinister appeared magic along with a complicated array of runes. While the Witch explained what the item most likely was Kurikara recognized it almost immediately. While each could be different in form his users had dealt with many an undead in the past chief among them were liches. He felt satisfaction knowing they held the monsters very soul, his phylactery in their grasp. Now Dahek could die. He had a debt to pay back after all it was only fitting they take the only thing the weakling held dear. His life.

While he glared at the Vampire for daring to order him while she maintained her tainted existence. He obliged, when Dahek desperately struggled trying to summon his magic and raging at his impending death Kurikara slammed his armored foot of metal into his hands allowing him to crawl no further or summon his magic. Defeated and withered as he was he wouldn't be able to offer up any fight. While he was not meant to take joy in his duty, and was more than content to pursue his justice with a strict countenance. He would be lying if he said seeing the Undead Knight smash the phylactery didn't spark some satisfaction in him. "Let your vile ambition scatter like dust weakling, this is the only mercy afforded to your kind."

Dahak's Experiment Chambers

1654229174940.png

1654229247399.png

Renee Nyx

1654229275205.png

Renee watched Gawain move to the jar, her arms crossed as he gave a rather dramatic speech about how he and Dahak weren't so different, her brow raised as he explained who Gawain used to be, Renee was surprised to hear that Gawain used to be a pretty brutal person similar to Dahak. But to her it made sense, looking at the both of them, Dahak and Gawain we're both undead, it clicked to Renee that their current forms symbolized who they are. Monsters. One knowing of what he was and atoning and the other knowing but not caring. Her eyes turned to Dahak once the jar was smashed.

As Kurikara said his peace, Dahak didn't move as he watched the jar shatter. The black and white energy lingered in the air for a moment before it dissipated, then it would reappear in a loud boom, pushing Gawain back. The energy would fester into a large flame of black and white, quickly it darted pass the group in the room and out into the main chambers. Dahak would raise his other hand as if slammed and absorbed into his hand. In a instant, Dahak rose up launching Kurikara into the air with his hand that the white armor stood on. When Kurikara was launched, Dahak would ready a spell, firing a black energy at Kurikara, launching him across the room.

Dahak rose to his feet chuckling, looking at his hands that had a black and white fire on his arms. " Exhilarating. " He looked up at the group. " I did not think you lot were so easy to manipulate, but anger is a tool to use against the foolish. You should have killed me when I was laying before you. " Dahak pulled the bolt out of his chest then snapped it. He dropped it staring at the group. " I will need you all alive. For now, you will live. Cute speech, Gawain, but we are different. I don't feel bad for what I've done. " Dahak chuckled evilly. His eyes glowed with power. Then there was a loud chunk, Dahak's head would be thrown backwards. He took a step back and shook his head. There would be a sudden bolt in his eye socket, Garvin standing across the room holding his heavy crossbow while holding his brothers axe. The same blood cape appearing on Garvin's back as it did his brother. There was for a moment when Garrett appeared behind his brother before disappearing. " I will destroy you. " Garvin growled. " For the sins of my brother, for his sacrifice and for his demise. You will die. "

Garvin stepped forward, the blood cape reloading his crossbow for him. Dahak stared with shock as he pulled the crossbow out of his eye socket. Realizing his danger. " No. You won't. " Dahak growled he conjured a ring of black white energy, pushing with both his hands a wave of flame. Garvin would use his brothers axe to slam the blood through the flame, putting it out. Seeing where Dahak was, he was now gone. Garvin growled. " You can run. But I will find you. " the angry hunter growled. His eyes were red now, apart from his brown. Inheriting his brothers abilities when taking his axe up.

Renee had watched the scene, she was glad that Dahak was able to get away , it was her plan after all. She has doubts that the jar was a actual phylactery, it wouldn't have been that easy. Lichs hide them in places far away. But it would seem that Dahak did not have one with the way he talked about killing him. Renee wanted Dahak to get away to create the Lifelend again, but to her peers, she would not reveal this as this would most likely get her into trouble with everyone. But she also had a feeling they needed him alive later on. If the Blue Viscera Occult was as big as a threat, they would need Dahak who hates them just as much. " Well that wasn't good... " Renee didn't really know what to say other than that.

Interactions: The Last Curse The Last Curse Dante Verren Dante Verren Elvario Elvario EMIYAman EMIYAman Silent Angel Silent Angel

Kalina Chivernu
Mentions: Renee Skyhunter Skyhunter

Fury filled her veins when she saw their moment of triumph turned into a moment of humiliation. She'd expected something to happen with the phylactery, like it being guarded by magic or going off in an explosion, or something like that. That's the reason she made distance, after all. She hadn't expected Renee to be utterly wrong about it. Her sister, who'd seemingly learned so much about magic, who'd stated this to be the way to kill Dahak with such confidence. It was weird for that to be the polar opposite. Unless... Kalina didn't want to think about it, but a seed of doubt had been sown.

Kalina wanted to attack Dahak again, along with Garvin who took up his brothers mantle (quite literally), but she was too late. Before she'd good and well gotten ready to attack the risen necromancer, as he managed to magic himself out of the place somehow.

The seed of doubt grew when she noticed how little Renee seemed to be bothered by it. “Not good..!?!” She was trying not to snap at her sister. The only reasons she managed to somewhat succeed was the fact she'd been 'fed' recently. If it wasn't for that, she'd have probably already lost. Luckily enough, she was able to calm herself a bit. “We've been chasing after this guy for what feels like ages, we've seen how many atrocities he committed, we've seen how he killed our companions like it was nothing, we've heard him admit how he'll keep doing it and how he seeks to do it to us as well. Letting such a vile being live is a little worse that 'not good', it's abominable. Destroying that thing did the very opposite of what you said it would do, how can you not be more frustrated by that?!?”

Kalina really, desperately even, wanted to give her sister the benefit of doubt, but Renee wasn't making it easier on her in the slightest. At this rate, she even worried that Gawain and Kurikara would attack Renee, so in a sense, she hoped Renee had a good enough sense of self-preservation to know that she needed to show her emotions of frustration to them more clearly. At least, Kalina truly hoped that Renee was feeling such emotions. If she'd been betrayed like this, by the person who's blood had started to flow through her veins already short after her arrival in this world, she wouldn't know if she'd be able to trust someone again.

Sophia Smith

sample-e25e620a4ac0f2f48f2b6f686977373b.png

Sophia hefted her crossbow, frowning at what had happened, and the fact that the lich had disappeared before she had been able to respond.. "To be honest... it does make some sense that he got stronger when it was broken. If it was his phylactery, it was holding his life force, so all that might have just gone back into his body. But either way..." She sighed, gritting her teeth for a moment before finally saying, "There's nothing we can do about it now."

She glanced over at the other monsters who had been smashing the jar before looking to the vampire, mulling over what she had said. "I would say some people show their frustrations differently than others, but I don't think that would be true with Renee. But what is true is she just let a lot of emotions out and she might be tapped out right now. Don't get on her for not responding to what some might think is how she should react."

She crossed her arms, shaking her head. "However, I don't think there's much we can do now..." She let herself breathe in for a few moments, thinking. Finally, she came to a decision, taking in everything that had happened, before stating, loudly, "I'm going back to my shop. I don't care about the mana crystals anymore, I'm sure I can get some there. If any of you want work done, let me know, but after everything that happened here, I want the warmth of the forge on my face and arms, and I want to have my hands, or claws, I guess, working on something that isn't a crossbow's trigger." And with that she started to walk out of the room, keeping an eye on what went on behind her just in case something went wrong, but, after a moment, she waved for Renee and Kalina to follow.​

Renee Nyx

1654265022465.png

A look of surprise was on the witch's face, Renee stared at the fury of her sister, her frustrations, how the necromancer will keep doing the things he did, and how he will keep killing people didn't really bother her all that much, but Renee has doubts about that, she may have lied about the jar being a phylactery or whatever, she didn't really care much. Hell it could have been a trap for all she knew. " Calm yourself sister. I was wrong, I'm sorry. " Renee had a hint of anger in her voice. " You don't think I'm angry? Disappointed? Humiliated? I know most of this group has been wanting to get a piece of Dahak and make sure he pay for he's done. I know you are angry. But I can't be the angry, I have to try and be the more level headed one, sister. Obviously now I have to be. " Renee explained, her voice was sounded angry.

Her eyes moved to Sophia then to Kalina. " As she said, there's not much to do anymore. Besides that chest over there to pop open, otherwise we should leave. " Renee sighed, she turned to Selani, " Wanna do the honors of opening it up? " She asked with crossed arms.

Interactions: Elvario Elvario Silent Angel Silent Angel Dante Verren Dante Verren The Last Curse The Last Curse EMIYAman EMIYAman

Kalina Chivernu
Mentions: Renee Skyhunter Skyhunter | Sophia Silent Angel Silent Angel | Selani The Last Curse The Last Curse

After a heavy sigh, Kalina shook her head. “It's okay to be frustrated and it's good to show it in a situation like this. We're no longer in direct danger, so hiding your emotions will only cause confusion. I don't want anyone to think you already anticipated this due to how calm you reacted to it.” She left out the 'and I specifically don't want to think so myself' part of that, but for a while, it had been there. “Anyhow, I'm sorry for bringing it up like that. I guess it's not just the thirst that's been keeping me on edge.”

She then turned to Sophia. “Thank you for trying to mediate. Really, I appreciate it.” That said, there was one thing that Kalina felt like she should be honest about to Sophia. “I don't think I should risk going into busy cities again. It's too dangerous and lately I feel like I might risk losing myself more often than not, so as much as I'd love to drop by, it's best that I shouldn't.”

There was one more thing, with Renee pointing out the chest. “So the books and trinkets are all useless, then?” She was a little surprised, figuring Renee would be a lot more interested in anything this necromancer had in the ways of research and materials. “I'm willing to wait around if you want to investigate more.”

As for the chest, something came to mind. “Hold up.” Kalina said, by now fairly paranoid. “I'm probably going to look stupid and paranoid, but I no longer care.” She said, as she shot a crossbow bolt at the top of the chest from a safe distance. Aiming for the top should probably not damage the contents, as that part was mostly lid. However, if there was some sort of trap or whatever, hopefully that'd spring it. Otherwise she'd just look as stupid as she figured she was going to look.

Sophia Smith

sample-e25e620a4ac0f2f48f2b6f686977373b.png

Sophia took a few more steps before stopping, wondering if she should tell Kalina something. It wasn’t a surefire thing, but it’s been something she had been wanting to do for a while, ever since she hit it off with the vampire before. Her foot tapped on the ground for a few moments before she turned, striding towards the vampire once more.

“You know, speaking of which, I had… a little plan for that. I joined as an adventurer’s guild blacksmith instead of a merchant’s guild one because I felt like that type of thing would be stifling. They take money from artisans just for a little mark of approval to show that you’re a certified merchant guild artisan, and they get to dictate who you can or can’t sell to.” Her face scrunched up to show just what she thought about the merchant guild, but she wasn’t done speaking just yet. “But… I’m starting to see the adventurer’s guild to be a bit of the same issue. Some adventurers aren’t exactly humble, and I can’t turn them away because they have guild membership, and it just makes it more difficult to sell to people like you all.”

She breathed in and said, “So… I was planning on getting a place a few miles outside the city. Might make it a bit more difficult to sell to people in the city, but I can probably get some sort of stand in the marketplace to sell my wares, and it would make me more comfortable knowing that, if a good, honest person needs my help, I can offer it without any issues of a person above me who would ostracize me and attack them for me trying to help.”

She rubbed the back of her head as she started to ask, “So, I was wondering, if you and Renee wanted a place where you could stay and more reliably meet up, if you wanted to help me build it and have some guest rooms for y’all to stay when you’re not adventuring and when Renee isn’t… doing her thing.”

Her eyes moved between the chest and the vampire for a few moments before widening when the vampire shot at it, her own crossbow coming up to a ready position as she stood defensively, ready for a reaction from the wooden box.​

As Kalina shot the chest, the crossbow bolt would hit the chest and fly off into the air before falling onto the ground, making a quiet sound that sounded like a pencil. Nothing happened.

After Dahak's escape, Selani only felt one thing: annoyed, very annoyed. Here she was, reveling in the wake of her vengeance, and just like that, Dahak upped and left as if their efforts were nothing more than an inconvenience. With Selani's petty revenge taken from her, the only thing she had left in this village was just her weapons - wherever they were, her allies, and whatever was inside Dahak's chest, though she was sure it was bound to be another Fuck You from the lich. Regardless, Selani decided to honor Renee's offer, even as her face was irritated, "Fine, let's go see the 'fruits of our labor,'" She huffed, "Let's hope it ain't another goddamn trick. I'm getting tired of all this magical bullshit."

With a long sigh, a croak, and an obscenity mumbled under her voice, Selani trudged over to the chest. She crouched in front of it and studied its exterior for a while, checking to see if it had any traps attached. At the end of her search, she did notice a couple of unfamiliar symbols covering its surface, but in her current state, Selani couldn't be bothered grabbing someone to decipher them. It could've been a warning telling her what was inside, or maybe some arcane lock or even a latent spell activated by opening the chest - Selani didn't care. She wouldn't even mind getting a faceful of magic at this rate.

Selani took one good look back at Kalina and Sophia behind her, "Pray for me." She quipped cynically before flipping open the chest's lid. Whether there was loot or not, Selani was ready to jump out of the way. After all this, she would not be the last victim of Dahak's malice.

Gawain
Interactions: Skyhunter Skyhunter Elvario Elvario The Last Curse The Last Curse EMIYAman EMIYAman
Gawain.jpg

The skeleton leaned back and looked up from the destroyed jar as the necromantic power swirled back to Dahek, and the lich got back up. The skeleton remained silent as Dahek taunted them then left, so pathetic. Yes, Dahek truly was a pathetic creature. Even then at the edge of his defeat and second death the rotten worm that was Dahek instead thought he should gloat. Even though Dahek escaped, the necromancer still lost. He was defeated, and deluded himself while he fled convinced that he had spared them. It was now well known in this group that he could be defeated, and he could be killed.

He pushed himself up off of the ground and dusted off his armor. While he was annoyed that Dahek lived, he was comforted in the knowledge he would get another chance to beat Dahek's ass and send him back to hell a second time. It was inevitable that if not Gawain, another group would track down Dahek and strike him down. Knowing Dahek's ego he would prepare for that, but not well enough. The next time that Gawain would meet the necromancer the skeleton knight would be even stronger. Dahek would still die. Now it had just ben delayed. The worst part was knowing that many people will die between now and then and he would bear that responsibility on his shoulders.

If it wasn't for the chest in the corner he would have left then and there, but no. He was curious and knew that if Kanato was under attack he would be too late anyway. He would do what he could to put the spirits at rest once he arrived, but for now he would see this endeavor through. With his mind made up he would move to the side, watching and waiting just incase the chest was trapped.

Kalina Chivernu
Mentions: Sophia Silent Angel Silent Angel | Selani The Last Curse The Last Curse

“Ehheh... Sorry about that.” Kalina said, a little flustered after realising she'd really just attacked a chest. “It seems like I've gotten a bit paranoid. I could really use a break.” She did notice the others were also on edge, for that matter, which made the embarrassment slightly less heavy.

As for Sophia's offer, it had a certain appeal to it. “I'm not ready to settle down, but I'd love a place I could come back to every now and again and I'd love to be able to get access to your services more easily~ Having a place to meet up more easily with Renee would also be amazing. I'm not sure how much help I can offer, but I'd be willing to help set you up where I can~” She liked the idea of having at least one place in this world where she could let her guard down a little and where she could return to. However, she didn't like the idea of being tied to one place, so she'd have to balance things out. Besides, she still wanted to visit the monster continent, which would be a very long and intense journey.

That said, she heard the frog croak before opening the chest. “I'm pretty sure that someone of my nature won't get their prayers answered~ Oh, I can take your last wishes for you if you want.” She said, mostly joking, but actually ready to do so if needed. Even after having fired a bolt at the chest, she still didn't 100% trust it to be safe. All in all, she really needed that break.

There was one thing that surprised her, which was Gawain seeming relatively calm. She'd expected him to completely lose it, but the undead knight was quite able to stay calm and accept this unsatisfying ending of their hunt for Dahak. She wondered what was going on in his brain, or well, his skull, considering there wasn't much of a brain left in there. She didn't dare to ask though, as she didn't want to trigger any repressed anger.

Kurikara

Hakumen_(Story_Mode_Artwork,_Defeated).png He barely had time to react when almost immediately after the jar was shattered a force launched him into the air then across the room. His vision staticed slightly as he tried to raise himself up to reach Dahek. His connection to his eyes cleared up his sight just in time to see Dahek mock them, get a bolt in his head then disappear. He was stunned he got to his feet and marched to where Dahek had been. He stood there for a moment not doing anything just looking at where the undead was last seen. Weak. Weak. Weak. WeakweakweakweakweakweakweakweakwEaK

A visage filled his mind. One which looked down upon him, one that saw his pathetic state and scoffed, it found his very existence an affront to itself. It looked like him. Nothing else mattered, the chattering of the mortals around him were muted and irrelevant. He cared for none of it. Once again the rage he had stamped down briefly flared and it was overwhelming him. He despised them, the weak, and the evil. These emotions were too much. He walked past the others to stand in front of Garvin he imposed over him like a shadow. "To be worthy of that power and avenge your brother. You must dedicate yourself to annihilating evil like Dahek from this world, only then you may die fulfilled." He moved to pick his sword back up from where he had dropped it gazing at it, then sheathing it. He looked over to the group. Then turned and left, there was no longer a use for him here. He had been foolish. He was not meant to protect he was a weapon, he annihilates evil as the peerless blade. He did not need others, praise, or comrades. He didn't even need a user anymore. Kurikara was all that was left, he had merely grown dull. Power was what he needed. This failure, would be the last.

'tHe EnD bEgInS'

Dahak's Secret Chambers

1654557471465.png

Renee Nyx

1654557821771.png

Renee watched the group leave one by one, she let out a quiet sigh of relief, it seemed her deception was a success, she was a bit fearful that Gawain or Kurikara would cut her down with a simple movement. Luckily it was only Kalina, but she quickly reprimanded that truth. She did have a bit of a smile on her face as she saw Selani open the chest, Renee quickly made her way over to peek on inside, as the chest opened, a strange wind blew past them that was cold as a dead body, cold as death. When peering inside, there would a few items within; a strange book that was black as dark and felt greasy. Picking it up, cold to the touch, Renee looked at the cover, the front had a strange skull on it with the directions of a compass on it, all eight cardinal directions. North, northeast, east, southeast, south, southwest, west, and northwest with arrows pointing in all directions, but them seemed reversed instead, attached to this emblem was a tight black band that reared around it and into the back of the book. Renee tried taking the strap off, but it would not budge, unable to open it. " Magic... " Renee whispered, " A book. A codex of death? No, an almanac of black. A bridge, a connection to the next realm. "

Renee quickly went over it by herself, her eyes widen as she realized what this was! This was a book that would help her achieve her goal. Renee creepily turned her head to Selani with widen eyes. " I'm keeping this. Keep whatever else is inside the chest, but this is MINE. " Renee quickly pocketed the book into her side bag and quickly scurried off. She would need more than just herself to figure this out. She would need help. She would need those that wish to learn dark arts. To teach herself while at the same time manipulating them into learning the secrets that was within the book. This was a part of the Codexius Choaxirs. Her master always talked about this long series of tomes that helped witches, necromancers, and really any magic user to acheive great power. With this, Renee would next head to the Ryken Academy, it was the closest school to her that she could learn darker arts at, her master disapproved of the academy's teachings, but this really only intrigued her.

Selani would find many items within this chest, it seemed to hold more items than it really could fit, a magic chest this was. Within she would find strange magical artifacts and such. Some were broken looking, like Dahak had destroyed some but it could fetch a good price if sold. There was also a crossbow within that was probably the most interesting looking. When picked up it was colored black and was the standard two handed crossbow, but then it would suddenly begin to shift into different weapons in her hands, a sword next, then to a regular bow, a axe, and so on and so on. When picked up a strange projection would appear in front of them all, it was that vision of Dahak, now in his armor and mask, before it was eroded and before his mask was glowing purple eyes. There was multiple instances of these weapons within the chest. " If you can see this, good, you're not me and I'm most likely dead or undead or too corrupted to see what I have become, that damn Naberius... Anyways, what you are looking at are weapons I've designed for killing undead. And the most... Hardy of them. " Dahak laughed a little, he seemed different, more humble. " And you lot have been chosen, mainly because no one else is here in this dungeon. The research has taken me much to understand and learn how to create such a complex... Thing. " Dahak shook his head, rubbing where his mask was at, he groaned a little then looked ahead of him.

" These are weapons I have specifically designed for piercing armor of a God given armor. These weapons are designed to kill Naberius. A high council member of the Blue Viscera Occult. He is the Enforcer and one of the generals of the undead army aiming to take over Ryke. This weapon isn't just specific into taking him down, but all undead. Especially these undead that are old enough to be this powerful. It can turn into any weapon you choose but it will be permanent. I've been designing this weapon for the past fifty-six years. But it is incomplete, I've had no time to complete it. That will fall upon you. Or don't. But know, this weapon will help the people of Ryke, and if I know anything about this occult, the living will need this, it will make sure they can't come back to life. " Dahak stated before disappearing. It was up to anyone to accept this if she wanted to or to pass it onto someone else. But Dahak wanted this undead occult, permanently dead.

(We can PM about the weapons)

Garvin would glare at Kurikara, he didn't say a word as his eyes glowed red with anger. He knew his own mission, he would destroy Dahak. Avenge his brother.

As the group left this dungeon, they would come to that door that led into the dungeon, they would see the dark and black forest was no longer a thing, but it was dark, nighttime, above the group on the top of a flat that overlooked the cave, they would see strange beings staring down at them wearing cloaks while having glowing blue bodies. When looked at closely, they were undead, zombies. It seemed they were watching Dahak's dungeons. Quietly and slowly, they all disappeared out of view, what was this? A warning? A message? A scare tactic? Whatever it was, it seemed the group would be watched from this point on.

1654570946999.png

Making their way through the forest after that, the smell of smoke would be in the air, looking up through the canopy, there would be smoke coming from the village of Kananto and a bright light coming from it. Making their way to the black fields where the Harbinger was killed at, the village of Kananto was gone, fire rising the now dead town, bodies of only of those that once were living were all over the place. There was no sign of undead. At the entrance of the village there would be the figure of an old man, crying at his burning village. When he was approached, it would be Dovus, the man that Gawain supposedly killed just the day previous, they even watched his body burn. " Why...? Gods why...? Why am I back to listen to all of this..? Huh-! " When he was approached, Dovus would turn around quickly, " Who's there! " His eyes... Were gone. Permanently ripped out in a crude manner. " Please... I don't know what is going on... I don't know what's real or what's hell. " He pleaded, " Please, help me- GAGH! " A whip of blood flew by the group, wielded by Garvin. " Useless. He is useless to us. He'll come back to life like the parasite he is. " Garvin growled as the Hunter walked away from the village, he cared little for his own village being gone. Too much death has happened this day. Too many were dead, no witnesses were alive besides the group. Evidence of Kananto and it's undead was gone. The Blue Viscera Occult were a real threat. They were looking to achieve their goal, after one thousand years, the Dead have truly Awaken.

Elsewhere...

1654572334647.png

Through the streets of a small town far far away, a cloaked figure stumbled around in the dark alleyways, growling in frustration." Damn Isekaiers... They have ruined my plans, defeated me, reduced me into what I am currently. Pathetic. Most of my abilities gone... Gone... " The figured sighed, " I will rip their hearts out and feed it to their loved ones. " The figure continued, he clenched his fist tightly even though he felt weak, although he was rejuvenated, he took his hood off and looked at his current garb. " I was able to snag my original clothing though. I will bounce back, I will kill those undead fanatics. Then kill each of those involved in that group... One is dead, the rest are next. Renee, Kalina, Sophia, Selani, Su Chen and... Gawain. " The figured laughed evilly as he moved through the streets, seeing a strange dragon woman walk by to a nearby tavern.

1654573106832.png

OOC: Thank you all for joining Dead Awaken! I know this has been going on for a very long time and I am sorry for that. It's good to finally end this and I hope you all enjoyed the story I have presented and I appreciate everyone joining on this simple idea that has festered to a potential threat.

Interactions: Elvario Elvario Dante Verren Dante Verren Silent Angel Silent Angel EMIYAman EMIYAman The Last Curse The Last Curse LadyOfStars LadyOfStars

Isekai Hell RP Grade

Wow this took a long time, first off I want to thank everyone for being involved in this rp, it was cool seeing everyone ride out this incredibly long ride and I do apologize for it being so long. Anyways, I feel like this RP had a lot of highs and lows, some of the pacing was off while other parts weren't as bad. There was times where I rushed some parts such as Garrett's fight, I felt like it was too easy and less impactful than it should have been.

Renee (Narrator Bonus) - 105 Points - [Optional Title Obtained] Intrepid Obsesser - You tend to come off as fixated on one thing or goal, making it noticeable to others around you. Nothing will impede your goal.

Kalina - 105 Points - [Optional Title Obtained] Blood Celebrant - You are a connoisseur of different types of blood, including fae, human, and others. You know the differences of such.

Gawain - 102 Points - [Optional Title Obtained] Vigorous - Your hardiness and recklessness has made you stronger in will, you tend to push off attacks easier and continue your onslaught.

Sophia - 89 Points - [Optional Title Obtained] Markswoman - Your accuracy and deadly precision has made you a force to fear from long range.

Selani - 68 Points - [Optional Title Obtained] Tactical Intellectual - Your mind is strong and fast, due to your quick wits and thought process, you are perceived as tactical and a force to reckon with when it comes to group battles.

Kurikara - 62 Points - [Optional Title Obtained] Mantled Rancor - Due to your hatred, you can come off as a very hateful individual. You are perceived as unpredictable.

Su Chen - 57 Points - [Optional Title Obtained] Brazen Breaker - Your fists do your talking for you, or at least what people hear, you are known to punch a man so hard, their clothes flew off their body.

Mentions: Elvario Elvario Dante Verren Dante Verren Silent Angel Silent Angel The Last Curse The Last Curse EMIYAman EMIYAman LadyOfStars LadyOfStars

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back