• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Graded [Kananto Village] The Dead awake at Night (Blue Viscera Occult Questline)

Kurikara
Hakumen_(Story_Mode_Artwork,_Pre_Battle).png Kurikara knew his capabilities and the power behind his slash would be enough to disable the knights mobility. However he still felt satisfaction and some surprise knowing he had been able to destroy the undead knights mount. His strike had even damaged its weapon though it was still functional and the damage to its body was merely superficial. The horses headless body feel upon the ground and the knight was launched to the ground. Kurikara swept his sword into a ready position parallel to his body and made to try and finish the knight off quickly. The distance between them was too great however as the knight rose quickly causing Kurikara to pause and reevaluate his plan. When the undead knight drew up its palm and absorbed the soul warning signals flashed across his optic systems. This had only happened a few times before. In the past such warnings only came when enemy data logged within him was flagged as being exceptionally dangerous and unique. He soon found out why. [Last Harbinger of Bedlam]. Kurikara gripped his sword tighter KIll IT the situation had escalated.

Garrett had recovered warning Kurikara at the undead forming within the fog. The undead knight was key to ending this threat and they would have to dispatch it before the undead overtook them and the village. His systems were in overdrive tracking every threat as it emerged and warnings all around the knight. Kurikara knew, this foe was too great for him if he engaged it now he would surely be destroyed.

"What did you do!?"

Kurikara twitched slightly recognizing the voice of the Witch, he would need her power for this engagement. "Witch. Your abilities are necessary to destroy the target. The village will be destroyed if we allow the undead abominations to continue. This operation is paramount to dealing with the undead threat."

Kalina was able to escape relatively easily, especially with the guard being a distraction for everyone. Luckily for Kalina the child and grown woman walked pass the open door as she was leaving. The guards that surrounded the entrance of the manor weren't paying any attention to where Kalina was at so she was able to get away without any problems. Making her way through the town when away from the manor, the town's militia were running every which way, calling and yelling to each other. Townsfolk were also panicking and making their way back to their homes.

475e548d6cadf3e6eeeaa0dd7bcf5010.jpg

Garvin was talking to militia men while holding his crossbow, having some sort of mechanical supplies to the side as he was pointing to one of the broken ballista towers, when Kalina came to Garvin's side, the militia took the supplies and packed them over to the tower. At the gates Militia men were readying their weapons and supplies. About to go out into the fight that was happening. Garvin looked to Kalina as she neared and turned to face her, before Garvin could explain the situation happening, Kalina was already telling him what she had discovered. Taking the journal page he read it over, his eyes widen " So thats what happened to them... " he looked to Kalina and sighed " While this is what we need, these people won't believe it, not with what is happening with them. Look. We will discuss more about this but we got a bigger issue right now. " Garvin explained walking away, waving a hand to have her follow him. When they reached the gates and walked up the catwalk, the mini boss' name would pop up in Kalina's HUD. Last Harbinger of Bedlam. On the catwalk, Kalina would see the scene unraveling. Kurikara, Garrett and Renee were down in the field facing off against a powered up zombie knight, surrounded with a purple light and holding a floating orb in one hand. In the distance the fog was quickly making its way towards the village, in the fog there was undead rolling towards their prey.

Purple lights and outlines were seen within the fog, eyes staring down the village as they made their way across the field. They shared the same purple aura that this knight had. They didn't have a lot of time either, they needed to destroy this knight to push the fog dwellers back. " We have death coming for us. " Garvin readied his crossbow and looked to Kalina. " This is the worst I've seen it. " He turned back to the scene unraveling and hopped off the wall and out into the field to be by the group's side. The ballista tower was being repaired finally and militia men were ready to fight. The gates opened and militia poured out onto the field. Sword ready along with torches.

Inside the Mayor's Manor...

Dovus moved to his dining room where a pitcher of wine and cups were awaiting him, the decor of the interior was nothing short of fancy and comfortable. It was clear he either had money or he hoarded resources, from how disheveled the village looked outside, his place was middle-class. " You wanted to speak to me, 'Michael?' Or is the name Gawain more appropriate? " he asked as he poured himself a cup of wine. He looked to Gawain as he placed his hand on his scabbard. " Please, Gawain. My family lives here, do not disrespect me or my family like that. Remove your hand from your weapon and come take a seat. " Dovus told Gawain. He would feel like he should cooperate and do as he said, there was a large dining table made from the finest wood that could be found, large enough to hold a party.

9b2bbe48e4aa17b9084af01f5ce912a4--baldurs-gate-disney-fanart.jpg

Seconds later, a young child in a light colored dress came down the stairs with a beauitful looking wife. " Father! " The child screeched as she ran on over to Dovus who knelt down and hugged his child. " Meredith, its good to see you. " He picked up his child as his wife came in. " And my beautiful wife, Erica. " Dovus laid a hand out towards the fabulously dressed woman. The woman and child both looked to Gawain, " Do not be afraid, i have business to conduct. Please allow us to talk, and I will be at your discretion my loves. " Dovus placed his child down who looked saddened but listened and moved over to her mother. Both looked at Gawain with untrusting eyes then left the room heading upstairs.

Dovus looked to Gawain, now with a serious look on his face. " Gawain. What did you want to talk about? You can remove your disguise by the way. I know what you are. " He sat down at his table, was very strange that Dovus would already know Gawain's name and appearance despite not being told or seeing him. " You have a serious look upon you. Spit it out. " Dovus sounded a lot different now, not the cheery and respectable mayor he showed to the people but more cold and blunt to Gawain. Dovus drank his wine as he stared down the skeleton. Looking through his disguise.

Over at the Inn...

The child stared at Atiifa with a confused look when being asked these specific questions. " Oh. Serious questions. I thought you'd ask if I'd seen any of your kind or perhaps a more adult version of you. " The child cruelly said without a second thought. Children... they never did think twice about what they say. " There are other children but... They've been hiding away, they don't understand either why the adults are the way they are now. I haven't seen any of my friends for a couple of days, troll. But I imagine they're hiding at their homes. " He bluntly spoke.

2e4207646eb85b924dd0c6a3c3efec50.jpg

" Dovus? Mayor Dovus? He's been mayor since I've been born, mother always said. " The child stated. " But for some reason, hes been getting support of the adults a lot lately. Which is strange. Mother always hated Dovus. Inco- incomi- in-comp-itent, " he spoke slowly. " Mother always said, and easy to walk over. No one really listened to him, mother even said his children were bad and his wife slept around with guards. Which is weird, I thought she had her own bed? " The child stated once more. " But since father and his friends disappeared a long time ago, the adults even mother have been oddly happy with the mayor. And he's been acting weird too. " The child sighed. " I miss father... " He looked saddened. When Atiifa mentioned his name and apologized the child smiled. " Atiifa? Thats a strange name. " The child laughed a little. " My name is William, or Bill as mother calls me. " The child spoke. " Now that I answered your weird questions, I want to see your face like you promised. " he pointed at Atiifa.

Outside the gates of Kananto...

Last Harbinger of Bedlam's theme

c23c0d8928b37bd3fe576f4e6f2ccecc (1).jpg

Renee stared at the powered up dead knight, controlling what looked like soul magic and in the distance there was a fog of undead making its way across the field towards the village. This excited her! The magic that she felt in the air, the level of danger made her adrenaline rush, she wanted this power! Renee looked to Kurikara who stated her abilities would be necessary to help. " Of course they are, i know a think or two of what's happening. " her voice indicated she was lying if Kurikara could tell. Renee pulled out her journal and opened it, a black shadow manifested behind Renee, ready to lend its energy as a focus for her abilities. The undead knight walked forward, purple wisps flying from its glowing sword, its body enveloped in purple flames and electricty, heavily breathing as it held its weapon with both hands. Militia men came running at the knight from the side but it only shifted slightly and swung its sword in a quick and deadly fashion. The militia men stopped in their tracks and dropped their weapons. When the purple haze of energy exploded following its swing, the militia men were blown back, body parts and gore flew in the air. The silence was filled with screams of souls and horses of the exploding wisps. This knight was not to be so easily trifled with. Garrett stepped forward holding his axe in hand, the cape of blood appearing behind him once more, giving him a enhanced boost. The undead knight charged forward ready to swing. Garrett would swing his axe in unison to meet its wicked weapon. A loud clanging slapped in the air, screams of the damned followed after the knights swing. Garrett barely was able to hold his ground from the swing but jumped back from the exploding purple haze.

675db2321d1f66a97055a508e260f664.jpg

Renee saw this opportunity and conjured magic into her hand, she took a deep breath and brought forth mana into her finger tips and made electricty. She pointed her index and middle fingers at the undead knight and unleashed a powerful Lightning Bolt (2 Post cooldown). The Knight wasn't able to deflect the attack and took the hit, it stumbled it slightly. Electrocuting the target, the knight let out a heavy breath as it took damage. Turning to Renee and began to walk forward, a bolt shot into thr helmet of the knight from Garvin who was reloading his crossbow. The knight seemed unaffected and it looked like the bolt didn't go through it's helmet, indicating its ancient armor was still tough and durable.

fdc98377e724c3121d391871cb3c5692.jpg

Interactions: Elvario Elvario Dante Verren Dante Verren Vexumin Vexumin EMIYAman EMIYAman

Last edited:
Kalina Chivernu

Interactions: Renee Skyhunter Skyhunter

Whilst Kalina hadn't expected things to be smooth sailing, she hadn't planned on more enemies to show up either. Upon hearing Garvin explain the situation, she clicked her tongue. Tucking away the jewellery and journal page where it was concealed (F), she followed Garvin up onto the catwalk to see their enemy. “That's quite the fancy looking skeleton.” Her first instinct was to check the ballistae towers, as she'd love to try shooting one of those ballistae bolts through the skeleton that was attacking, but she noticed it was still being repaired.

Her next target in sight were the undead that were storming them, but she noticed the militia were already dealing with them as best as they could. Besides, she agreed with Garvin. Taking out the big boss took priority. She couldn't abstain from displaying a wry smile when she hopped over the wall and started heading towards Renee whilst readying her crossbow. She was just in time to spot her sister hit the enemy with a lightning bolt. “Nice one~”

The recently shocked knight was a great target, so she decided to make use of it and fired off her own crossbow bolt with [Precision Strikes (Accurate F/Penetrating F)]. She aimed for where its eyes would normally be at, hoping that her precision and fighting style combined were good enough to avoid the helmet altogether and land a bolt straight into its skull through the empty eye socket. If she'd have the time for it, she'd reload and fire again, this time going for the lower-torso, where a pretty considerable part of the armour seemed to be missing and its ribs were visible.

“Should I try aiming for that orb next?” She asked Renee, as she couldn't abstain from being drawn to it a little. It's purple glow was really pretty, a sight that was only dampened a bit by the fact that it was used for wiping out people left and right. With Renee's witchcraft, she'd probably know if it was a worthwhile target to go after. Perhaps getting rid of the knight's focus would even render it incapable of wielding its magic..?

Atiifa

Atiifa.jpg

Atiifa gave some thought to the answers that William gave him. Everyone just seemed to be acting weird in this town, but not only was Dovus apparently getting much more supportive attention that he supposedly used too, but people have even gone missing since the strange occurrences began. This had all sorts of different messes piling up. If his allies insisted on helping these people further, then Atiifa would also have to get elbow deep into the mess carried in from the storm. The burdens of these people would be his own as well, helping them solve their issues. However, it didn't seem like these people have anyone else. No hope to look for in the face of their deteriorating home.

Atiifa breathes a sigh as he runs a hand down one of the braids hanging alongside his mask. Speaking of which, as he did so, the child brought up the covering as well. He did promise that he would show his face, huh? He questioned why he made such a promise to begin with. This was going to be trouble. The reason Atiifa wore a mask to begin with had nothing to do with preventing others from becoming frightened. His face was not all that bad. The reason he hid it though is because...

"Fine. I did promise I would show you. This just teaches me to be more careful with pawning off my appearance for information." Atiifa carefully removes his mask, brushing some hair from his face that falls free once it's removed. Framed by two long braids of hair is a face even more effeminate than his own voice. For someone to consider it 'the very picture of cuteness' would not be far off. Many of his features were a bit goat-like, allowing him to be percieved as just another beast-person, but also dominated by a humanoid slimness. He was furred, especially upon the bridge of his nose, but he still looked like a damn female of whatever species he is.

Yeah, if he wasn't wearing the mask as often as he does, then people would always mistake Atiifa for a girl. Likely the only terrifying thing about this body is his teeth. Though he has the four front incisors like a human, top and bottom, the rest of his teeth were beastly and sharp. He tried grinning once while looking in the reflection of a pond and Atiifa couldn't help but get chills from it himself. From that point on, he vowed to keep from toothy smiles, keeping his mouth closed as often as possible.

After a few moments he shrugs. "That good enough for you? It's honestly really embarrassing walking around without my mask on," he says as a tiny hand fiddles with a braid.

Gawain
Interaction: Skyhunter Skyhunter
100ed4571c1815d72093f5ba9c9954e3.jpg

Gawain's grasp on the handle of his sword relaxed when it was the small form of a child appearing followed by that of a woman. As Dovus embraced his family Gawain let his body relax for the most part. He still felt a tad on edge, but the fact that they were connected to the mayor in a familial way was somehow reassuring to Gawain. He could tell they were both suspicious of him, but the knight paid no mind to either of them. Instead her merely walked past them not really acknowledging their existence any more then he had too.

Sitting down opposite of the mayor Gawain was surprisingly unaffected by the fact that Dovus knew it was him and not the real Micheal. The fact that Dovus even knew his name seemed to escape the undead knight. "Apologies master Dovus. I did not mean to offend your family. Getting ready to defend myself has become a bit of an involuntary reaction that I have picked up as of late." While he wasn't fully telling the truth, it was definitely a reaction he had gained recently... just not involuntary. He quickly glanced at one of his hands before looking back at the man across from him, "Apologies again master Dovus, I am unable to remove the illusion. I did not cast it so until it times out it will remain." With his apologies finished up it was time for the skeleton to get right to the point.

"Why do you want my group and the other arrivals to leave so quickly. The undead are still a problem that will keep haunting this village until everything living has joined their ranks. We are willingly to help, I know I myself am willing to help with no reward? I also wish to know how have things gotten this bad. I can feel the powerful magic emanating from you. I do not mean to question your judgment in your own home but why not stop the undead with that magic? What is going on in this village?" Gawain was generally a more subtitle person, but here and now he felt the burning pull to find his answers. Surely this man had them and all Gawain needed was his words of affirmation or a straight denial of any involvement.

Kurikara

Hakumen_(Story_Mode_Artwork,_Pre_Battle).png Kurikara held his nodachi aloft as he appraised the battlefield conditions. The situation was only growing more unstable as the number of variables grew. He was somewhat put at ease when the Witch responded to his demand. She even had some knowledge of the enemy which were not present in his memory banks. Kurikara reasoned she must be a experienced Witch then for her to have knowledge of these undead abominations. Perhaps she was older than she let on..? Witches are chaotic creatures in nature and as such he didn't put stock into one helping him, it was likely this merely served her goals but it would suffice for now.

The Harbinger focused its power as electricity and purple flame coursed across its desiccated corpse. The atmosphere around it was different from before its previous state felt like a cold uncertain dread upon you, now however it felt like staring at certain death a mixture of fear and awe. Kurikara was impressed that the town guard even had the presence mind to think to attack though he respected them he knew they had no chance. Without even physically hitting them a swing of the Harbingers sword was enough to reduce them to bloody chunks and broken bodies the wake of its purple aura left none alive. As it had done before the souls of the men were taken Kurikara could here the screams and wails of their damned spirits as they were absorbed. He gripped his nodachi tightly but took not one step forward. Since he had gained a will of his own in his short time awake he has experienced many feelings and emotions. Things which were alien to him before and whos meaning eluded him now. Yet in this moment he knew exactly what he was feeling and why he understood the full scope of it. Disgust, hatred, and purpose. He could feel them their whispers on the edges of his soul, how they cried out for the Harbingers destruction. Kurikara could not suffer it to live. No sooner than these feeling swirled within his being a lightning bolt crashed into the Harbinger with a mighty boom. Garrett had also engaged the Harbinger but to little effect. The magic of the Witch seemed to be the most dangerous to the Harbinger, as it moved to kill her. A bolt embedded itself into the head of the Harbinger but it too did not phase it. More bolts soon followed. It must be from the Garretts kin and the peculiar women. Kurikara followed their precedent and moved to engage the Harbinger. He was closer than the others but this was incredibly risky and the undead the Harbinger lead moved to engage him. He cut them down swift as the wind maintaining his momentum as he ended them. Their weapons and rotten flesh were insufficient to damage his body. As he reached the Harbinger he rushed forward in made a swing for the orb trying to end the threat (Fighting Style [Kishin-ryu] E - Multidimensional F), though even he knew this may as well have been a suicide mission. It simply did not matter.

Over by the inn...

2e4207646eb85b924dd0c6a3c3efec50.jpg

Atiifa would see this child with wonder and curiosity in his eyes, staring at Atiifa with excitement as he began to take off his mask. When the deed was done, William looked shocked seeing Atiifa's real face. " WHOA...! " He let out a exaggerated exclamation of surprise and wonder, he was quickly upon Atiifa and began to pet his real head. " Wow, you're really soft. " he then backed off after a few pets and looked into his eyes. " You have rather strange eyes too. " The child had a wide smile on his face but for a moment it switched to a serious look.

Then there was running coming from behind the main part of town where a guard of the Militia came running, he stopped seeing both Atiifa and William. The guard stopped, " Hey! You're that beast that helped save the town, we need all the help we can get now! We got another wave of undead coming and some knight at the- wait. " the guard looked at the child next to Atiifa, inspecting him. " William? Is that-? Where did you come from? You're supposed to be dead- " A burst of purple flashed next to Atiifa, powerful magic conjured next to Atiifa. A quick bolt of powerful necromancy magic struck the guard and immediately reduced the guard in front of them into ash then nothingness, with a screech of horror that was cut off relatively quickly. The child William held out his hand as purple mist dissipated into the air.

fantasy-sorcerer-glowing-eyes-magic-purple-eyes-hd-wallpaper-preview.jpg

Next to Atiifa the child was now... different. Undead, behind it was a vision of something scarier, a tall man staring down at Atiifa, dressed in robes with purple magic around a frame of reality that was similar to mirror, which meant it wasn't a portal but rather a window or vision. " You'll do more than well for a sacrifice, Atiifa. " The voice of this entity bellowed with authority and suppression. " Your fate will be that for the True Ruler. A greater good. " this vision stared down at Atiifa with its purple glowing eyes, " Your magic and soul are powerful, soon. You'll be ours. " The vision then faded as the child beside Atiifa then attacked him, reaching out to grab him and attempt to bite Atiifa. Now a mindless husk like the rest of the undead they fought earlier today. Since this was a child they weren't as strong as a adult, but being smaller this would be as difficult for a adult dealing with a adult sized undead.

eb8ab14f323b592f40f6d2064f9060c0--art-zombie-zombie-style.jpg

Dovus listened to Gawain speak and apologize for his behavior and spell that had a time limit rather than a toggle option. Dovus huffed and stared at the disgusied Skeleton, fiddling with some sort of amulet underneath his luxurious robes. " I see... that damn witch casted a spell on you, " Dovus' eyes appeared different now. Almost glowing green but back to his regular color. " to try and have you infiltrate my house. " Dovus guessed. " Well I guess we'll have to do this the simple way. " Dovus pulled a strange amulet out that had a very daunting feeling pulsating from it now that it was out in the open.

ryan-van-der-sman-eldrich-amulet-print-v2-vers.jpg

Dovus took hold of said amulet that emitted a strange green almost teal color to it. Holding it then looking to Gawain, the disguise blew itself away from Gawain, a strange sensation it was. Feeling like his skin was being ripped off his bones but there was no pain. Now being revealed in his base form in front of Dovus. " That's better. " Dovus placed the amulet back underneath his robe. Gawain would have felt a immense power come from this amulet just by revealing it.

" Now. Back to your questions. " Dovus sighed sitting back in his chair looking to Gawain. " Your group is not needed here. Everything is under control, Gawain. Sure, you helped stopped the wave of undead from coming. Garrett had continued to be the greatest asset Kananto has to offer. Even when he was weak he was able to stop the hoards by himself. But eventually he needed a... pick-me-up. After I tapped into his inner demons, he is a whirlwind of death and blood. " Dovus explained. " The people here don't need adventurers here, I'm surprised there would even be so many this far up north. Quite a strange crowd too. "

Dovus had a conniving smirk on his face. " You are not needed here. The situation is being dealt with. Especially when I am able to control the minds and fates of people. This amulet will allow me to do so. I can protect these people. Far better than you and your group can. " Dovus' eyes looked determined for a moment and filled with craziness before he regained his composure. " Needless to say... You could make a fine addition to my guard, Gawain. I felt it. I felt you charge into battle and take on the undead. Your spirit is good, just like the rest of them. " The amulet glowed faintly underneath his robe as Dovus spoke. " Just allow yourself to fall into line. " His eyes stared into Gawain's empty eye sockets. Gawain would feel a strange warm feeling start to overtake him. Almost like he was being dragged into a feeling of safety and obedience. " Then after this, I want you to deal with your group. Strike them down like wild cur. We have the weaponry to do so. You'll do as I say right, serf? " Gawain could allow himself to be overtaken or he could resist and fight back. It was in his hands now.

Outside the gates of Kananto...

Renee stared at this knight, trying to figure out how they could stop it while this knight sliced down militia men, putting their lives on the line for a meaningless death. Getting praise from her great friend, Kalina, earned a smile from the witch. " Thanks, Kal. Help me figure out how we can stop this Harbinger. " Renee asked. While on the guard towers, they finally repaired the ballista that stood up top. The militiamen on top of the tower began to load their ballista with a large bolt that had a explosive trap on the tip. They aimed and fired at the knight, the knight used the orb in its hand to stop the bolt that came inches from hitting the knight. This undead then used telekinesis from this purple orb and threw it back at the tower, causing a large explosion and the tower to fall. Renee cared little for the death and slaughter around her, still thinking of a idea of what to do until Kalina asked her if she should aim for the orb. Renee gasped in realization. " Kalina! You genius! Yes! " The knight quickly brought its orb to the ground and up into the air as undead rose from the ground, one in front of him to protect himself from Kalina's attack. That ended up killing the undead as Kalina aimed for the eyes. The undead fell to the ground.

These undead now were placed in certain places to face the ground. A large undead for Garrett, and a fast one for Garvin. Both were having difficulties dealing with them. The knight then began charging a powerful attack, raising its sword into the air as it began to gather energy from the dead all around them, wisps of purple floating towards the sword raised into thr air. Renee looked to Kalina " You need to fire at the orb! Now! " Renee explained, her lightning bolt was still on cooldown do she wasn't able to get a precise attack in.

Renee was able to turn to Kurikara when he was already charging into battle. As Kurikara was aiming to attack the orb, the knight saw this tactic and quickly raised a undead behind the white armor. As Kurikara was aiming to cut down the knight, the knight seemingly disappeared and was replaced with a random undead that Kurikara had sliced down. Before the realization could settle, a attack from behind struck Kurikara with enough force to strike a regular person. This powerful strike slammed into Kurikara and sent the armor flying across the battlefield with enough force to crack him. Purple electricity travelled through it's body, damaging it further. The Harbinger let out a heavy breath now frozen for a few moments. A opportunity presenting itself for Kalina.

Interactions: Vexumin Vexumin Dante Verren Dante Verren Elvario Elvario EMIYAman EMIYAman

Kalina Chivernu

Interactions: Renee Skyhunter Skyhunter

Ah, the joy. Being complimented by a good friend almost made her forget all about how they were fighting a life-or-death battle. Almost. The fact that the purple orb wielding knight used telekinesis to break the ballistae tower brought her back. Kalina had been eager to try that thing out, so seeing it destroyed was diminishing her mood. The scent of blood that came from the militia being slaughtered was adding onto her decreasingly happy state of mind and started giving her mixed feelings. She didn't enjoy needless slaughter and felt somewhat bad for these poor folk, but the lovely scent of their freshly flowing blood also made her work up quite an appetite.

Kalina took aim at the orb and released a bolt when Rene gave her the signal. With both her precision and her precision strikes fighting style, it wasn't all that difficult to aim at a target that suddenly froze up. Whatever the white armoured knight (Kurikara) had done, or at the very least had caused to happen, was giving her the perfect opportunity. She wasn't sure how long the knight was going to stand still for, so she figured she'd put her fingers to work and reload as quickly as possible to see if she could release multiple bolts towards the orb, before the undead would start moving around again.

With that out of the way, she spotted another issue. Her new buddy Garvin was having some difficulty dealing with a newly summoned undead. If her attack against the orb had somehow stopped that, she'd give a small sigh of relief, but otherwise she'd fire a crossbow bolt at the undead Garvin was facing, not necessarily aiming to kill it, but more so to distract it for long enough to give Garvin a bit of a breather. She'd turn back to the main issue at hand shortly afterwards.

Upon staring at this 'Harbringer of Bedlam' she couldn't help herself from mentioning the obvious. “Quite the persistent bastard, isn't he?”

Atiifa

Atiifa.jpg

The death of the guard was something that Atiifa could not have prevented. The guardsman's fate was sealed the moment the bolt flew. Leave it to a case of wrong place, wrong time. It may have been better for him if he hadn't come around at all. Nonetheless, the death of the man did not affect Atiifa much. It was an unfortunate event to be sure, but the small beast did not know him well and when someone falls victim to such attacks, it's because they were unprepared. He did hope that the death was a painless one, but could not be sure.

While the mans death did little to Atiifa, it was the true state of the boy that hit him hard. William was in a poor state, revealed once the illusion had fallen with the arrival of the mysterious man. Atiifa's eyes immediately flicker to their void-like state, absorbing whatever information he could from this tall individual. He manages to tear his eyes from the man, looking once more to the child. "William..." he mutters, clenching his fists. The child reminded him a lot of his young kid siblings in his old world. Some of the few people he would be willing to die for to protect. Thinking of William in the same light as a younger brother, he felt like something was taken from him.

Although he had only just met William, he could only see his young brother as he looked to the child. There would be justice for this death, Atiifa swore it to himself. A child is meant to grow, not perish before they had a chance to experience all that life had to offer.

" You'll do more than well for a sacrifice, Atiifa. " The voice of this entity bellowed with authority and suppression. " Your fate will be that for the True Ruler. A greater good. " this vision stared down at Atiifa with its purple glowing eyes, " Your magic and soul are powerful, soon. You'll be ours. "

He felt that same rage from earlier bubble within, but this time he could feel it pushing past his will. He was losing control. This threat to his well-being would not go unanswered. The voice that once raged from within his mind emerges from his throat in a deep howling tone. "There will be but one sacrifice, and that will be your own. The true ruler stands before you, and your death will ignite the fires of my conquest! This world will be by own, and this life is not for others to walk upon, it is for I to walk upon the lives of those who underestimate me!!"

Atiifa leaps back as the child lunges for him, a hand whipping out the staff hanging from his back. Once he lands, the voice comes forth once again. "I cast No Man's Land. Summon forth my domain and ward off all who would cross the threshold into my home!" In moments, the area manifests around the beast once again, establishing the land he claims for himself. "I am sorry that such a fate has befallen you, child," the voice says, referring to William not by name. "However, you are in my way and must be brought low. Rest well." The beast directs his staff towards the boy, a merciless look in his eyes, no longer his own, under the affect of whatever had momentarily taken the light in his mind.

"A hunger calls, only sated by vigor and vitality. Hex of Drain Life." The life-stealing energy surges at the end of the staff before flying forth, seeking the decrepit form of William, a hunger for what strength remained within the corpse radiating from the spell.

Gawain
Interaction" Skyhunter Skyhunter
100ed4571c1815d72093f5ba9c9954e3.jpg

Gawain watched as Dovus scowled and fiddled with something underneath his robe. An ominous feeling filled the room and the mayor's eyes flashed a strange green. Before the skeleton could question anything a wave of magic washed over him wiping away the disguise placed by Renee. It felt like the skin was peeled off of his own bones, like pulling away dead skin from a wound. Not painful but quite strange. The immense power pouring from the amulet and the ominous feeling subsided a bit as Dovus placed it back in it's former spot. Before the skeleton could question what that amulet even was things took a turn.

Dovus ranted about the power of garret, how he had released the mans demons and made him stronger. He ranted about controlling the minds and the power of the people. The people who were trapped behind walls by a horde of undead that wanted to devour them all... he the mayor of these poor people... insulted them. Dous then had the nerve to extend Gawain the invitation, no the command to aid him in cutting down the enemy and his own party. A warm feeling rushed over Gawain and he held eye contact with Dovus, but something was different now.

Gawain sat across the table form the man before him. Up until this point it had been Dovus, the mayor of a village in the north, surrounded by the dead. Now when Gawain stared across the table he saw a ghost. A specter that was haunting him, a spirit from his past. Despite the warm feeling spreading across him, Gawain did his best to force himself to stand, all while keeping eye contact. He forced out one simple phrase, "I reject you".

Kurikara
Hakumen_(Story_Mode_Artwork,_Defeated).pngThe sudden teleportation and attack by the Harbinger had taken Kurikara by surprise. He was still reeling from the attack he couldn't see coming, it was so sudden it took him a moment to realize he had been hit. Kurikara tried to stand, but suddenly arched his back and fell back down convulsing on the ground. This was pain. It was excruciating, Kurikara was an Artificial Spirit Intelligence which regulated, provided power and logistics, and animated the [Conceptual Armor Kurikara]. It was never meant to feel pain. He had been cracked, vaporized, slagged, and had whole sections destroyed in the past but never had he felt pain. Kurikara did not know this as his mind was under intense stress under the pain but the Harbingers magic touched the soul the one place Kurikara would be vulnerable. The damage to the armor was always temporary a minor setback but this overwhelming pain was something he had never felt before. He couldn't even scream the pain was so great its as if he was being electrocuted. The after effects of the Harbingers attack eventually dissipated leaving Kurikara in shock. He once again tried to stand finding it more difficult than ever before he had to use his sword to prop himself up and lean against it to support him.

The battle was not looking good the town militia was being overwhelmed and it wouldn't be long before the horde breached the outer wall. The beast and the knight were not yet on the battlefield, unfortunate as their strength would be quite useful. Kurikara slowly stumbled forward trying to join the battle once more. At this moment Kurikara felt practically depressed. He kept going but his will to fight and belief in their victory was being sucked away that attack had disoriented him. His mind felt frayed and elusive like trying to grip water. The undead were starting to take notice of him now. They had ignored him before but not anymore. They moved to attack him yet they were but fodder compared to the to the other undead forces. Kurikara tried to reorient himself and take them out but his movement felt impaired. He tried to cut down a zombie which had gotten close only to lose balance and his swing to go wide. Surprised he realized the damage he had sustained had damaged the function of his other arm. He tried to flex it but the mana flow had been interrupted and he could no longer close his fingers. This made him feel... irritated. His efficiency dropped dramatically when he could not fight using both hands. The zombie took advantage of this and struck Kurikara what would have been easy to deal with was now able to strike him. He was knocked back slightly but no lasting damage was sustained. Yet, it stung. It didn't hurt not physically but that fact that he had been hit by something so weak in this lesser state when before he could have cut it down like a weed, irritated him. He gripped his sword tight as he could with his one hand and did a wide slightly sluggish swing he could no longer control the momentum and weight of the sword as well as before but the zombie was cut down all the same.

Kurikara was breathing heavily- he did not need to breathe but his previous users had left him some habits- he continued to lurch forward. The battle was still some distance away and other than a few stragglers there was few undead. He made slow but deliberate steps his sword could no longer be held up so he gripped it tight while it dragged in the dirt behind him any zombie that approached was swiftly cut down but each strike sucked a bit more energy out of him and every cut was less efficient than the last. Still he remained despite the torrent in his mind and his loss of feeling in his limbs he continued he had a duty, a mission and he would carry it out no matter what. Kurikara was nothing without purpose this short but eventful time since he had awakened had been so confusing, strangely enough only now did he realize he had been scared. He didn't know thats what it was and if he had been told before he would have denied it for a tool never feels afraid, but he had been. This new life he had been given is too much for him its burden too great he tried to do what he did before, fall into a routine, act as he feel his users would have, but... He couldn't do it. Kurikara The Fierce God is now weak and the state he is in now is even worse. He can't fight like this, he can't save anyone like this, and if he can't save the village then what will be his purpose once the deed is done? Then again, what will be his purpose even if the village is saved? What is Kurikara supposed to do, why is he here. "Damn, can't I just get some rest..." Kurikara takes one last step before collapsing on the ground, the battle still raging around him.

Dovus stared at Gawain, his true face has been revealed, he was sociopathic fool that demanded respect and loyalty but instead of earning it he forced people to give it to him. With this amulet that he possessed. He was not a man that earned it, nor was he a man that had any redeeming qualities, he had probably turned his own family into loving him.

" You think you can DEFY me! " Dovus yelled, his voice echoing throughout the house. He quickly stood up as his amulet glowed through his robes. " I will NOT be defy by the likes of you! " Dovus pointed at the skeleton knight, " You're nothing! This town does not need you or the likes of your group! You'll all be dead! " The amulet glowed brightly that it burned through his robes, the amulet revealing itself. Dovus conjured a strange green magic in his hand, he pulled his arm back then thrusted it forward at Gawain, releasing a powerful surge of soul magic as a beam. Blasting it's way through the table it bombarded Gawain into the wall and held him there where Dovus held him. The house rattled.

ryan-van-der-sman-eldrich-amulet-print-v2-vers.jpg

" You'll die while feeling pain, useless undead! " Dovus roared, and Dovus was right, Gawain could feel this. He could feel pain again. It felt like his soul was being seared with hot and sharp magics. Magics unknown but powerful. Dovus released the magic as Gawain would fall to the floor, smoke coming off his bones. But Dovus was not letting up, he fired another beam of magic at Gawain, slamming him into the floor, not letting up. Dovus' eyes were wide with power and craziness, the amulet had gotten to him. " You'll either bow to me or you'll DIE!!! " Dovus roared again over his magic.

But just as Gawain's body was beginning to disintegrate, his soul was being tore asunder and vision fading. It let up, his body and form would still be hurt but he would be fine. When Gawain looked up. Instead of green, he would see the amulet now purple. And Dovus stuck in his position unable to move. " Wha-What!? What is this! " he struggled to let his words out.

Then there was a slit in reality before Gawain and Dovus, the slit widen and opened up, purple magics moved all around this slit, wide enough for someone to come through. Then the form of a man appeared in the portal then walked on through. Gawain would feel his presence as being one of total power. A fellow undead underneath all those robes and armor, this was a necromancer. Stepping on through, their would be a aura of silence and death around them. The necromancer looked over to the fallen Gawain for a moment then to Dovus. " Power has finally corrupted you, huh? You don't even realize what you have been doing. " The necromancer spoke. His voice was full of void. His pitch was deep, it sounded as though two people spoke over each other.

fantasy-sorcerer-glowing-eyes-magic-purple-eyes-hd-wallpaper-preview.jpg

The necromancer walked around the frozen Dovus while he had a shocked face on him. " Oh gods no... Dahak! " Dovus looked extremely scared as this Dahak walked around the room, looking around his home. " Very well flourished. Decor could be better. You're very well privileged unlike those you live above. " Dahak spoke. " We gave you a choice, you could have ended their suffering for a greater cause. But instead you decided to try and rule over them and have their suffering increase. Weeks of malnutrition and starvation. All your fault. We gave you a choice. " Dahak got to Gawain and looked down at the fallen skeleton knight, kneeling down beside him looking over him. He could see his soul was wounded and body was almost broken. " Hurting those that only wanted to help. As useless as it is. You're a tyrant, Dovus. " The necromancer brought a hand up over Gawain, he would see the powerful magic he had in his palm, a sea of purple enveloped Gawain for a moment. His body and soul would be healed but he wouldn't be able to move. Frozen like Dovus.

Dahak stood up from Gawain and walked over to the frozen Dovus. " But i have to thank you, Dovus. You fell for what we wanted you to do. " Dahak explained taking his amulet off of Dovus. " Through the suffering and manipulation of your own people, you were able to give power and life to the Lifelend. " As Dahak finished speaking, Dovus' family came into the room and saw what was happening. The necromancer turned slowly to see who it was. " Ah... Your family, Dovus. The ones you manipulated into loving you. You're truly a sad man. " Dovus looked defeated. Dahak moved to his wife and child who looked completely confused of what was happening. They looked like they were in a trance of some kind. " Their minds are warped permanently. Not that you would care. " Dahak stated. " As much as I would love to turn them into undead and let them devour you. They would not be able to think for themselves. So instead I will save them. " Dahak placed his hand up to the two, still stuck in their trance.

Dovus watched with fear and anger. " NO! PLEASE! DON'T! " Dovus begged. But Dahak did not listen, purple magics flew out of his hands and burned away his wife and daughter into ash and nothingness. " NOOOOOOOOO! " Dovua cried out, still stuck in his position of attacking Gawain. " Your own choices lead up to this, Dovus. The Lifelend was your only choice of gaining what you desired. Now it has destroyed all you held dear. You lost from the very start. " Dahak turned to Dovus now. " Live in your suffering. " Then he turned to Gawain. " If you desire to find me. Come to the Eastern Forests. A cave is there where this village take their dead to. Within this tomb we stay. If you desire to stop us or join us. Come. We will be waiting. " Dahak, with the Lifelend floating in his hand, walked through the portal that still stood open. The Lifelend... it moved like it was alive. Walking through, the portal closed and both Gawain and Dovus were released. Dovus fell to his knees defeated, everything he had was gone now... he quietly began to cry in his sorrow and loss. Gawain would be able to move and no longer feel the pull that Dovus once had.

Over by the inn...

Atiifa's spell succeeded through his rage, creating a barrier against the child known as William. Or was in this case. William slammed through the barrier of No Man's Land and immediately ceased attacking Atiifa. But instead he stood there looking at Atiifa like it wanted to be released. Almost aware... No that couldn't be right. Could it?

eb8ab14f323b592f40f6d2064f9060c0--art-zombie-zombie-style.jpg

As Atiifa casted his Hex of Drain Life on this zombie, William's undead body would begin to disintegrate before Atiifa's eyes. The rotten flesh would fade away and bones would dematerialize. But a strange feeling would take over Atiifa. Like someone was pushing thoughts into his head. " Ah. So you decided to drain the life of this poor child of circumstance? A wicked deed, indeed. " the voice chuckled a little. " But your anger has revealed a revelation, if you desire to stop us. Come to the Eastern Forests, a cave lays within where this village lays their dead to rest. Come. Find us. " The voice of that necromancer would speak to Atiifa. Laughing as it faded away. Laying a speech for Atiifa within the flesh of a undead child, these were evil people indeed. There still a fight raging at the gates that could be heard.

Outside the Gates of Kananto...

Immediately Kalina would no longer feel the pull towards Dovus, she was now free of mind! As Kalina reloaded her crossbow, the Harbinger stood back up, stumbling a little. In the distance the undead within the fog were getting closer, quickly. Firing her bolts, a couple hit the orb, releasing a powerful magic into the air. Getting a loud shriek from the Harbinger as it continued to hold the orb. Purple wisps were protruding from the orb, like it was growing unstable. Screams and yells came from the undead in the fog. They were getting angrier and faster now.

Renee chuckled a little as she now readied her book. The book opened up as Renee casted her spell, electricity flowed through her body and to her fingertips. " Let forth a ray of electricity! " She called and from her fingertips a powerful surge of lightning flowed from her fingertips into a blast of powerful electricity. Lightning Bolt - D (2 post cooldown.) Aiming at the orb, the powerful shot struck the orb, damaging both the necromancer magic and the Knight who released a louder shriek and in turn louder screams and yells from the horde that now sped up and were closing in on them.

675db2321d1f66a97055a508e260f664.jpg

Both Garvin and Garrett finally killed their foes, Garvin slammed his crossbow into the head of the zombie and ripped it to the side to break its skull and crush its brain. Reloading his crossbow quickly, Garrett was able to use his bloodletting powers to stop the large undead before him and crush its head with his axe. Garrett saw his now shocked target, the Harbinger. Garrett quickly sprinted at the Knight, the horde was closing in, within seconds the horde would be arriving and slam through the village and destroy everyone. His cape of blood shot him forward, throwing him forward, Garrett raised his axe ready to take out the orb that the knight held. The knight raised his sword to try and deflect the attack but a large crossbow bolt shot through the shoulder joint of the knight, piercing it's armour, making its arm useless as it went limp. The knight had no defenses left. Garrett slammed his axe down onto the orb, straight through its hand. This caused a explosion of necromatic magics, blowing Garrett and everyone else away.

475e548d6cadf3e6eeeaa0dd7bcf5010.jpg

The Knight roared a ear piercing one as it's skin disingrated. Leaving only bones and old armour. The horde that was coming for them faded into nothingness. The purple faded away and the fog was only left. Like a blanket, a black sludge fell inches away from where Kurikara laid. The land beneath dying from this strange sludge.

Renee was breathing heavily as she was blown away, she coughed as she sat up, picking her hat up and placing it on her head. " Holy shits of Jek-Hymn that was scary. " she could believe it. They won! They defeated the Harbinger of Bedlam! To Renee the name sounded familiar, she would have to find it in some history book but for now she reveled in their victory. The militiamen were cheering and roaring that they succeeded! They had won! Or at least it felt like they did.

Interactions: Dante Verren Dante Verren Vexumin Vexumin Elvario Elvario EMIYAman EMIYAman

Kurikara
Hakumen_(Story_Mode_Artwork,_Normal).png When Kurikara came too the place he found himself in was bizarre. He wasn't outside the village fighting the Harbinger instead he was in a white void devoid of life. He looked around and yet all around him was nothing he couldn't make out distance and while he could see it didn't feel like there was any true illumination as there was no source of light. The pain and fatigue he had felt just moments before was gone in fact he felt better than ever, even his mind felt clearer yet his feelings felt distant. He couldn't bring himself to feel any distress over his change is location it wasn't like the emotion was impossible to summon up. It felt more like this place felt... comfortable, or maybe familiar. Like no matter how hard he tried he couldn't be upset about being here. Wherever here is. So Kurikara began to walk the expanse searching for anything. He walked for some time though he couldn't be sure how long, he felt he could have started walking a few seconds ago or over an hour ago. He stopped for a moment stock still, then just started to walk again.

"Oi, stop bumbling all over the place you're distracting me."

Kurikara stopped in place and turned around. Jobless-Ep12-3.png There was a man sitting upon the floor. He was unkempt and overweight, and he was generally unattractive. He had a look of irritation on his face the same look when would have when being told to do chores they didn't want to bother with in any way. Kurikara was surprised that this man had seemingly just appeared out of no where when before he had been sure no one else was here. "Do you know where we are, and who are you?" The man sighed heavily in an exaggerated fashion. "I just said your distracting me and the first thing you do is talk to me? Tch, how troublesome." The man obviously didn't want to interact with Kurikara and seemed even hostile to him. "Look I didn't call you here anyway the guy you're looking for is over that way just leave me alone." He flippantly waved his hand is if to both indicate and direction and shoo him away. The man was rather puzzling to Kurikara he didn't quite know how to talk to him and felt weirdly uncomfortable speaking to him. He turned in the direction the man had indicated and saw a figure in the distance, he turned back to acquire more information from the man but he was gone. Doing his best to put the man out of his mind Kurikara made his way to the distant figure and as he approached and the visage of the figure became clear he realized. He was looking at himself.

He, or rather the other Kurikara had his back to him. As he got closer the other Kurikara turned his head to look at him over his shoulder. He held his gaze for some time before the figure fully pivoted to face him. While Kurikara had considered him a copy now he wasn't so sure. In fact the more he evaluated the other Kurikara the more he became uncertain of his own identity. BlazBlue_Alternative_Dark_War_Hakumen_Full_Body_Art_1.png Kurikara was meant to represent strength and power the will of the sword and the wrath of a god made manifest. Where he walked history was shaped, and through his blade all were made equal in its wake. Only the strongest of this world could begin to damage him let alone defeat him. This was why he was created, those who had crafted him have long since disappeared but their legacy of power and the vast genius of their people exists within Kurikara. That is why he must be powerful! He must be the greatest! He must serve those who wield his power, he cannot be useless again! This copy-... or maybe he's the copy? He must be a cheap imitation a failed recreation of the true Kurikara, yes that must be it. After all he could feel it the power radiating off this Kurikara. It felt like the power he had wielded at his peak it was suffocating. He felt like a sapling standing in the face of a hurricane. If this is what Kurikara truly is, then he should just...

"You are wrong."

The Kurikara in front of him finally spoke out. Its voice seemed to echo all around him and had such weight to it, he felt the urge to hang onto every word as if every thing spoken by him was of the utmost importance and value. His words bewildered Kurikara. Why would he say that? To him, a fake? "You are no fake; there are none alive who may imitate our creation." Once again the other Kurikaras words bore down on him like the weight of the sky. Kurikara lost his voice for a moment but managed to speak despite the pressure he felt. "W-what do you mean?" Kurikara questioned through labored breaths. If the other Kurikara noticed the state he was in just being near him he made no move to acknowledge it. "As I have spoken so it is. You are no fake. If there exists a hollow facsimile of Kurikara then it is I." What? Kurikara couldn't believe what he was hearing how could something so powerful be anything but Kurikara? "You need not know all the factors yet, but the Kurikara of yore is gone the magitech armor crafted by the ancient empire of Alvheim does not exist. It has ceased to be ever since you awoke. I am not Kurikara, I am the idea of Kurikara the will of the people of Alvheim and the impressions of the people who have encountered us throughout time are what has shaped me. I am merely a part of you." He couldn't believe what he was hearing, was such a thing possible and if that was true then where are they? "We are within your soul, the Harbinger of Bedlam possessed magic which could directly harm the soul a being such as Kurikara is particular vulnerable to such sorceries. Consider this place your sanctuary. When your soul was damaged the remains of the previously dormant subroutines shut you down to aid in the recovery process. Should you sustain such damage again you may find yourself back here." Kurikara absorbed the all he could from the Conceptual Kurikara. Then a question formed in his mind. "If you are a part of my soul then who was the man I encountered earlier?" The Conceptual Kurikara was silent for a moment an despite showing no outward emotion Kurikara could feel something akin to, distatse. "He too is a part of you. What he represents I cannot tell you. You are not yet ready and your mind would reject the words even if I were to speak them." Now Kurikara was well and truly at a loss for words, that man, a part of him? His soul no less? What could that mean, he was nothing like him and none of his previous users resembled him at all. The man looked like he'd never even fought in his life how could he too be part of his soul!? "Be at peace the time has not yet come. However, it seems the recovery process has concluded you shall awaken soon. You shall have no recollection if this, yet you shall be changed by this fateful encounter. Fight well and be tempted not by Fudo Myo-o. What Kurikara is meant to be can only be discovered by you." With those words the white void around them began to collapse and the form of Conceptual Kurikara faded away before Kurikara could think to do anything he was swallowed by darkness.

ARTIFICIAL SPIRIT INTELLIGENCE STRUCTURAL DAMAGE REPAIRED
INITIATING KURIKARA UNIT-01 SYSTEM INTEGRITY SCAN

EXCEPTION HAS OCCURED SINCE LAST SCAN
ATTEMPTING MENTAL ELIGHTENMENT PROTOCOL FIVE RINGS

-SIX REALMS EARTH. TRUE
-SIX REALMS WATER. TRUE
-SIX REALMS FIRE. FALSE
-SIX REALMS WIND. FALSE
-SIX REALMS VOID. FALSE

SIX REALMS WATER FUNCTIONALITY RESTORED
REFORMATING. 28%
REBOOTING...

ALL HAIL ALVHEIM

Then Kurikara awoke.

Kalina Chivernu
Mentions: Renee Skyhunter Skyhunter

Kalina wasn't sure why, but the pull towards Dovus suddenly vanished during the battle. Perhaps one of the others, Gawain or Atiifa, had managed to do something? She wasn't sure, but she sure as isekai hell was happy about it. It'd allow her to focus more on the task at hand; which was shooting bolts at the Harbinger. The bolts that managed to hit didn't exactly blow up the orb in any spectacular fashion, which would've been wishful thinking, but it did seem to disrupt something. Renee managed to disrupt it further, after which Garret and Garvin delivered the finishing blows.

The undead knight managed to go out with a bang. Literally. The ear-piercing roar and explosion of magic were quite the spectacle to get hit by. A bit dizzy from the sudden blast, Kalina got up from being knocked to the ground and brushed off her clothes to the best of her ability. “That was indeed rather intense.” Perhaps it was her undead nature, but she didn't exactly feel the levels of freight that she knew would be reasonable. It was just her instinct that told her that they'd narrowly escaped death with this one.

There was something else that she was strongly feeling though. Thirst. Having been as active as she'd been, it would've been weirder not to feel her desire for blood grow. The scent of fresh blood that surrounded them didn't help either. She quickly took out her 'water'skin and squeezed it out. There were only a few drops left in it, but they only furthered her thirst. She went through her pockets to check on her rations. She always kept the better stuff in vials... which had been broken by the explosion that'd hit her.

Her eyes wandered across the battlefield. Would she get away with tapping some blood from one of the recently deceased? They sure as hell wouldn't be missing it. The more problematic part was getting caught. The militiamen were up and about and would soon check in on their fallen comrades. If they'd find her tapping them for their blood... Yeah, no, that was not a situation in which she'd want to find herself. Her best option was to wait for a chance to arise. In a worst-case scenario, she'd have to ask Renee to donate some blood to the good cause later.

Wait... that gave her an idea. She'd just have to phrase it in a manner that'd only make sense to Renee, in case someone was listening in. “Renee, would you mind helping me check on the victims? Perhaps we can save a few whilst making sure that the sacrifice of those that died won't be wasted.” She was really hoping that the latter part would convey 'help me get their blood without raising suspicion' well enough, although if Renee recalled any of Kalian's behaviour from way back, she'd have already noticed Kalina's struggle.

For better or worse, Kalina would actually try to stop the bleeding of anyone left alive and save-able, although perhaps after cupping her hand to get a quick sip when nobody was looking. She was trying her best to actually commit to the cause of trying to save them, but was playing a balancing act with it due to her thirst making it difficult for her not to feast on them for all they were worth. It's why having Renee there would help a lot, if not just for the simple fact that Renee might otherwise block the view so Kalina could scoop up some blood.

Mentions: Kurikara EMIYAman EMIYAman
Her 'quest' eventually brought her to the white knight (Kurikara), who was surprisingly lacking in blood. He didn't seem awake or aware though, so she checked up on him... only to notice there was nobody inside of the armour. She'd had some suspicions of this knight being an odd one, but this still surprised her a bit. She doubted the necromancer had managed to rid the armour of whomever had been inside of it, so the more logical conclusion was that nobody had been inside of it from the start.

She had no clue on how to deal with this, so she just poked at the helmet. “Are you still with us?” She couldn't exactly check for a pulse or for breathing either, so she had no clue how to figure out whether this 'thing' was still alive or if it'd been killed by the knight. That's when she spotted some movement. “Ah, it seems like you're still here. Congratulations, we defeated the undead knight, in part due to you managing to keep it occupied for long enough.”

Kurikara
Interactions: Elvario Elvario

Hakumen_(Story_Mode_Artwork,_Normal).png POWER UP COMPLETE SYSTEMS RESTORED

He could feel a pressure upon his head it wasn't constant but a rhythmic series of feeling. As his Somato System fully reactivated he realized he was being touched by someone. He jerked sharply and sat up feeling for his sword. He expected an undead and almost cut them down out of reflex but stopped when he saw the dark women. He could see a hunger in her eyes and a glimmer of disappointment, at what he couldn't tell. He suddenly stood up and checked the perimeter around them the Harbinger was nowhere to be seen the undead horde with it had also disappeared. The women words finally registered to him as he allowed himself to calm down. "Yes I am still functional." Kurikara looked himself over his body was still damaged but he could move just fine whatever magic the Harbinger had used on him must have dissipated with its death. "I see. The Harbinger of Bedlam has been slain." He was satisfied knowing the threat had been neutralized, but he felt discontent knowing he had been out of commission for the final attack. The women said they were able to defeat it thans to his actions. He felt better knowing he had at least been useful, if he knew any better he would have felt the woman was trying to console him.

He wiped the caked on blood off his blade and allowed himself some measure of respite. The overall undead threat was still out there but for now the people were saved. Kurikara had fulfilled his duty. He moved to go back to the village but suddenly stopped. He turned and looked back at the woman. He seemed almost apprehensive or anxious. He was silent for a bit pondering his next words. "I did not designate myself properly. "I am Kurikara Uni-" He paused right as he was about to say something. "Kurikara, I am just Kurikara a warrior." An uncomfortable silence stretched on as he lingered as if he was going to say something yet not finding the words for it. "I... I am grateful to you for aiding in my mission. I would have been unable to meet the requirements on my own." Kurikara did a small but prudent bow to her. Then made his way towards the village.

Atiifa

Atiifa.jpg

That which is Atiifa remained locked away. All there is now is the voice. The primal and dominating presence of whatever held the reins to this vessel. As the voice of the necromancer pressed into his mind, the energy of the creature would have fought against it entirely, even if it was a message of direction for it.

" Ah. So you decided to drain the life of this poor child of circumstance? A wicked deed, indeed. "

Atiifa began to laugh. His softer voice gaining way for that malicious and eerie tone that escapes his throat like a monster buried deep within. "A child of circumstance? It matters not to me. He was in my way from getting to you. I'll find you, I swear it." As Williams form turns to dust before his eyes, the voice could not help but take a twinge of pleasure from the sight. He clenches his small hand into a fist as he turns back towards the gates.

" But your anger has revealed a revelation, if you desire to stop us. Come to the Eastern Forests, a cave lays within where this village lays their dead to rest. Come. Find us. "

Atiifa reaches for the mask that had fallen from his grip when the chaos began. He raises it to his face, once again covering the soft features that he had shown to William before his demise... or perhaps he had always been dead. That did not matter right now. What did matter was finding this necromancer so that Atiifa could properly quell his rage. The voice was going wild from this blatant challenge towards it. "You... You. You. YOU. YOU, YOU, YOU!!! How dare you challenge me!?!" The presence within Atiifa thrashed about inside of his body, causing him to contort with all the anger that it felt. "I'll make a throne out of the bones of you and anyone that ever dared consider you anything of worth! I'll destroy everything you are! You will be forgotten!!"

Suddenly, Atiifa takes off running. He tapped across the mud with ease as he flies towards the gates. A heaviness was carried with each and every breath as he ran, a desperation behind every step. "You, inside," he calls to the true Atiifa. "Know this! This body is mine, and it's purpose is to claim power. I seek power! There is nothing to crave other than power! When I must rest, you will continue the search or you will pay!!" There the gates stood, open as the militia had rushed out to combat undead. Though it seemed that they had been victorious. "PERFECT!" The small beast screeched in that horrid tone as he zoomed past the gates, seeking out the eastern forests like a blood hound on the scent of prey. Past Kurikara, Kalina, Renee, all of them. He was blind to their presence, his tunnel vision fierce and hungry.

Renee Nyx

The witch was relieved that this Harbinger was finally dealt with, seeing where it dramatically exploded, it left a crater in the ground. Renee still having a small cough from the impact she took, she made her way to where their opponent just died at. Renee rubbed her head and sighed, still trying to get her thoughts straight. Finally when Kalina spoke, Renee was pulled back to reality.

Turning to the vampire, Renee was smiling. Quickly Renee turned and moved straight for her, hugging her in a forceful manner. " I'm glad you're okay, Kalina. I don't know what would I do without you! " Renee pulled away from the vampire smiling widely, but her eyes. There was something about Renee that seemed off.

She quickly patted her shoulder, still smiling, " I'll get you a little something, don't you worry. " The witch quickly turned to walk away as Kalina went to go check on Kurikara. As Renee had turned she would see Atiifa walking through the gates, she smiled widely, he even walked adorably! " Atiifa! There you are, little guy! " She walked up to the small beast but he would just walk pass her, and she would feel it. The RAGE. Renee turned around, " Wait! Atiifa! " Renee quickly walked ahead of him and blocked his way. " Where are you going? " She asked.

Interactions: Elvario Elvario Vexumin Vexumin

Kalina Chivernu
Mentions: Renee Skyhunter Skyhunter

Renee's forceful hug made it difficult not to try to get her blood right then and there, but Kalina knew better than to allow those instincts to get the better of her. “As if a scrawny skeleton like that could get us down~” She replied with a teasing wink. It looked like Renee was willing to help, but not right now, so Kalina did her best to make do with what she could get her hands on without the additional cover. There hadn't been a lot, but still, some of her thirst had been stated without raising too much suspicion by the time she'd reached Kurikara.

Mentions: Kurikara EMIYAman EMIYAman
Whilst Kurikara's first statemented weren't altogether that surprising, the fact that he actually 'intruded himself' in some sort of way was. “And I'm Kalina Chivernu, a pleasure to make your acquaintance Kurikara.” She brushed off his word of thanks. “No problem!” It looked like Kurikara wasn't keen on interacting more, as he wandered off to the village. She planned to go there as well, but got distracted something.

Mentions: Renee Skyhunter Skyhunter | Atiifa Vexumin Vexumin
She noticed Renee stopping Atiifa from going somewhere, which piqued her interest. She hadn't managed to learn much about the little plague boggart, but that could soon change! That said, something about him looked a bit different. “Oh my, you're looking quite fierce there~”

Gawain
Interactions: Skyhunter Skyhunter
Possible interactions: Elvario Elvario Vexumin Vexumin EMIYAman EMIYAman
Gawain.jpg

Gawain's statement of defiance earned him the wrath of the mayor, something he had expected. What he hadn't expected was that he wouldn't even have the chance to defend himself. The Mayor's roar echoed through the dining room as it was quickly followed by a blast of magic energy. The blast was so strong it smashed the table and smacked the skeleton knight backwards, pinning him straight to the wall. The house rattled and it's very foundations shook as Gawain felt his body throb in agony. He could feel it, the searing pain deep within. It felt like his very being was being flayed from his body. It felt like someone was simultaneously burning and slicing him to pieces at the same time.

The beam came to an end and Gawain collapsed forward, first onto his knees, the onto his stomach. His body ached with intense pain and his vision blurred. Bits of bone collapsed into ash and he could barely move. Yet he still had time to give Dovus one last look, a look of both defiance and pity. Another beam shot out and though his body contoreted in pain he made no noise, not because he was strong enough to resist the pain, but because he had no strength left to do so. As the magic washed over him Gawain focused on one thing, his second death. Would he get another chance... or was this it?

The magic stopped and reality split open. Purple magics flashed around him and another figure was present. Gawain could feel it was another undead, but he did not have enough strength to put two and two together. The other undead kneeled over him, waved his hand and showered the skeleton in purple magics. In less then a second Gawain felt refreshed, revitalized, almost alive again. This was a curse covered up as a blessing. Gawain had a front row seat to everything as still as a statue he was forced to watch.

None of it really mattered. He didn't care about Dovus's tyranny, he didn't care who was behind all of it, and he certainty didn't care about some grand Lifelend or whatever the hell it was called. All Gawain could focus on was that little girl. Stuck in her trance, confused and ignorant to all that was going on. She didn't even realize she was going to die until the flames swept over her. That image... that image of the little girls flesh being burned away, the bone being reduced to ash.... and the glazed over look that she had. It was a good thing Gawain could not sleep, for he would have replayed this moment every time he tried to sleep.

When it was finally over, and his movement returned to him Gawain slowly pushed himself back up onto his feet. Left alone in this room of horror, all was left was himself, a broken mayor, and two piles of ash. Wordlessly Gawain walked over to Dovus and stood behind him, looking down on the broken Mayor sobbing before him. It took him a moment to find the words he was looking for. "A good man would tell you to live, a good man would tell you to spend your life doing good, and a good man would tell you to help others to atone for your sins." Gawain drew slowly drew his sword as he spoke. Raising it up with the blade facing down towards the mayors neck. "I am not a good man. I am a bad man who is trying to do good., Just like you... I can make mistakes.". In one motion he plunged the metal blade downwards, straight into the back of Dovus's neck. "A mistake like that."

Having made his mistake, Gawain searched around to find a cloth. After finding one the skeleton crouched down next to the piles of ash that were the mayor's family. Laying the cloth down he scooped a bit of the ash from each pile into the cloth. Taking the sides of the cloth he brought them together and tide the ends shut, making a makeshift pouch. Rising back on to his feet the skeleton pulled his hood back up. With sword in right hand and pouch of ash in the left, strode forth from the mayor's mansion. He headed straight for the ruined gate, his aim to walk, run, or walk past anyone or anything that got between him and the vengeance he was seeking. Not his own vengeance, but the vengeance of a little girl he did not even know the name of.

Atiifa

Atiifa.jpg

Stopping Atiifa might not have proved to be the best choice. He had remained looking straight ahead even when his path was blocked. However, as he realized that he was being blocked, the beasts eyes slowly shift to look up at Renee. It was clear that his was not in his right mind. His eyes were stuck in examination mode, absorbing all the he was looking at, their voidic visage piercing those it observed.

"You're in my way," the voice states. His hand reaches behind him and draws his staff. "I must go and answer a challenge... You will move." This was no longer the Atiifa they knew. It was as if he was a whole other person. In truth, this was indeed the case. The only thing radiating from within the small creature was anger. "Will you try and stop me? Must I force you to step aside? Will you claim I am a pet when my power sends you onto your knees? Retching, seeking the clearness of the air. Avoidance of sick. You were welcome within my domain once, but you will not find the same comfort and safety that you found before."

Twinges of redish orange flashed in the green void that is Atiifa's eyes. He twitches. "I will be going forward," he says before taking a step towards Renee, a hand slowly raising, dripping with venomous plaguecraft.

Renee Nyx

To say the witch was shocked by how changed and rude Atiifa's demeanor was would be a understatement. Her facial expression expressed shock and silence, not really knowing what to say. Why was he acting like this? This wasn't her fuzzy little pet, this was some rude beast that came from the woods! Finally when Atiifa drew his staff into his hand.

Renee pulled out her journal, she was tired from the fight with the Harbinger but she wouldn't take a attitude like that! " Atiifa? What is wrong with you? " Renee looked angry as her journal floated in her hand and flipped open rapidly. A blackness came from the journal and enveloped around Renee, two red eyes appeared in this darkness staring at Atiifa. " If you're going to draw your weapon on me, i won't hesitate to strike you down! " Renee cursed as small strings of electricity wisped off her hand, assuming a fighting stance. The dark wraith surrounding Renee was whispering quietly in a strange language. Long dead and forgotten. Standing at a good ten feet tall, it warped out of Renee and now stood behind her, staring at the small beast.

6beb5492c1db9748a027bed66a330b6d.jpg

Is this how it would go down? Two companions that promised each other to protect one another now fighting? All reduced to this?

Interactions: Vexumin Vexumin Elvario Elvario

Last edited:
Kalina Chivernu
Mentions: Renee Skyhunter Skyhunter | Atiifa Vexumin Vexumin

Kalina's patience instantly vanished when she noticed that Atiifa was actually planning to fight Renee. She wasn't planning to let that one happen. She also wasn't particularly afraid of whatever magic he was pulling either, as she was a bit more resilient than the average person and could heal most injuries if she'd just get herself some blood. In a worst case scenario, she'd probably just have more of a reason to find herself some additional blood other than merely to end her lingering thirst.

It's why she didn't hesitate much to try and attempted sneak up on Atiifa from behind in order to attempted to lift him up by the horns. They looked like they were easy enough to hold onto, after all. Whether she was successful or not, she'd add some words to her actions. “I'm not sure what you're on about, but you're gonna get yourself killed if you just rush blindly after the first provocation you get. How about we finish things up here by explaining these villagers what happened and take a little bit of time to come up with a plan to go after whomever orchestrated this? I'm assuming at least that's also whomever is challenging you to rush off on your own?”

Kurikara
Interactions: Vexumin Vexumin Dante Verren Dante Verren

Hakumen_(Story_Mode_Artwork,_Normal).png His mind felt sharp, weirdly so. Kurikara found as he observed the things around him on the way to the village he was seeing them in a different light. They just felt... more than they once were. Before he would walk by things not related to his current objective and not give them a second glance, but now he found himself stopping and observing things just noting their details. The world around him simply felt more alive. Kurikara felt if he wasn't careful he would just drift away on all the stray thoughts he was having. He wondered if the Harbinger had damaged him in some way and somehow causing this but he didn't feel concerned with this change it just felt natural.

As Kurikara had just reached the entrance of the gate he saw the undead knight who had been with the witch walking out. His stride was determined, purposeful and his sword which he clutched resolutely in his hand still had blood on it. Despite the undead knights inability to express emotion on its face to Kurikara it felt as if he was carrying a a heavy weight. If this had been only a few minutes ago while the battle raged he may have cut him down by mistake in his mind addled state. If it had been even longer ago when he had merely waited in the village for the undead horde to make itself known he would have ignored the undead save for a readiness to destroy him if need be, now however...
"It appears your undertaking was not easy for you either." Kurikara looked to the bloodied blade in his hand. "The look of you is one who has resentment for another. I do not know what has befallen you, and I have no stake in your vengeance. But know that so long as our goal of destroying the evil that plagues this land remains I will aid you." It wasn't much of an inspirational speech, but it was probably the most sympathetic words Kurikara could muster. Soon after he hears the sound of the beast from before, he had felt it to be a truly disturbing and mysterious creature. Now it was truly sounding like the monster he imagined it to be. He turned and saw that it was confronting the witch and it appeared in fighting would come between the two. Kurikara couldn't allow such a thing not when their enemy still lived. He expected the knight would follow but made no move to confirm this. "Cease this conflict, we cannot allow such failures when a powerful foe yet lingers!"

Atiifa

Atiifa.jpg

At first Atiifa only used the staff to walk, the item piercing the ground alongside him as he simply tried to move forward. His eyes were keenly aware of Renee's threat and her eagerness for things to come to blows. What triggers a true response for Atiifa though is the vampire that encroached upon his backside, hands reaching out for his horns. The natural crown of the voice. "This is your first mistake," it says before the hand with the magic outstretches. "I establish my dominion. Summon forth Land of Plague."

The grass itself began to wither within the confines of the voice's spell. The only one close enough for it to affect would likely have been Kalina, with her attempt to sneak up upon Atiifa. Should she indeed be caught within the area of the magic, it would be a most horrid feeling. The sensation is akin to every dormant cell of sick within ones body rebelling against them all in mere moments. A tightness of the throat, preventing breaths from being taken and a pounding in ones head, trying to rip rational thought away from a victim of the spell and send them crawling from the plaguecraft magic. The spell was a warning as it could not kill. He turns that both of the two woman were on either side of him.

"I will not have anyone be violating my flesh with their touch. Not while I, the rightful owner of this form, am in control." His eyes flick towards Renee and he grins, though the expression is hidden behind the mask. "You may strike if you wish, but you'd only be killing your resting friend. In fact, you'd even free me! My subjects will only make me a new form and I'll be loose upon this world undeterred by someone so soft as he."

The voice suddenly lost all of his entertained attitude and became rather serious. "Or... you can allow me to seek the necromancer and slay him for his transgressions. I'll be more than appeased then and will rest once I am done. I do not have strong enough ties in this form to have full control and I grow weary."

Interactions: Skyhunter Skyhunter Elvario Elvario

Last edited:
Renee Nyx

The witch, Renee, was conducting electricity through her fingers and hand, staring at Atiifa while the shadow that came from her journal loomed over her and stared at Atiifa with its soulless eyes. She turned her head when Kalina approached with that suit of white armor with her. Renee looked back to see Atiifa already place his spell on the already blackened ground, now infesting the ground with his plague. Seeing it's affects on Kalina, Renee wanted so badly to strike Atiifa down for trying to harm her friend! Her best friend! Her sister! No... She had to he rational. Calm yourself. Still yourself. " Kalina! Are you okay! " She asked rather worried for her oldest friend.

Renee stepped back from the area, she could feel his magic, his unnerving aura of sickness. Almost like he was the embodiment of plague, Renee was ready to cast her spell, Lightning Bolt,, when Atiifa spoke again. This time Renee stared quietly when this benevolent beast spoke of Atiifa actually being asleep and this rageful thing has taken over. She immediately dispersed her spell and lowered her hands, hearing the armor Kurikara speak of ceasing this conflict. This wasn't who she was, she wouldn't hurt her ally, she wouldn't. Not Atiifa, the sweet little creature she was grown to adore. Maybe she was treating him too much like a pet and not a actual companion.

Renee closed her journal and the shadow disappeared into the closing pages, dispersing like darkness to light. " Okay... " Renee said in a shaky voice. She wasn't scared of Atiifa and this thing that has taken over, she was scared of almost hurting her friend. " Who is this Necromancer you speak of, Atiifa? " Renee questioned. " Allow us to help you, otherwise you would be falling into a trap, friend. The more of us the better. " Renee tried to convince Atiifa. But she was also rather curious of what he was talking about. " We should also find, Gawain too, we could do much better with a knight with us. "

Interactions: Vexumin Vexumin Elvario Elvario EMIYAman EMIYAman

Users who are viewing this thread

Back