• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Graded [Kananto Village] The Dead awake at Night (Blue Viscera Occult Questline)

Kalina Chivernu
Mentions: Renee Skyhunter Skyhunter | Atiifa Vexumin Vexumin

The little boggart was giving her more of a headache than she expected, literally and figuratively, but it didn't deter her. It only made her set on continuing with her current plan. If anything, after getting over the initial shock, she felt like she could deal with this well enough. There was something odd about what the creature was saying though. She hadn't known it for long, but this... this sounded a bit odd. Rightful form? Resting friend? She hadn't got a clue what it was rambling on about, but she figured whatever was speaking was different than what she met initially.

Kalina grimaced, as a very peculiar plan came to mind. “You know... I wanted to respect your integrity, but now that you're going on about other forms and all that, I have a feeling I'm not dealing with the exact same person I was dealing with before... which means I can do what I wanted to do from the get-go.” With that, she'd attempt to reach in and grab a hold of Atiifa to lift him up and hug him. Cuddling that fluffy boy was worth a headache and some nausea. Who knows, perhaps the surprise could even make it snap back from whatever rambling it was on about.

That's when Kalina figured they were also talking about bringing down a necromancer. “I hate to break it to you, but you're definitely just gonna die if you go in alone. Surely you've got the brain to realise that by now.”

Gawain
Interactions: EMIYAman EMIYAman Skyhunter Skyhunter Elvario Elvario Vexumin Vexumin
Gawain.jpg

Cheering, revelry, and relief swirled around the village as it survived another assault. From the way the aftermath looked it was one hell of an assaults as well. Even before he reached he gate he could see it broken down and destroyed. Villagers and guards gathered around to let loose their cry's of thanks to those who had saved them, others gathered around wounded, or those unlucky few who had lost someone found themselves crying over corpses. Either was everyone was so busy tending to their own business, or something more pressing that no one noticed the hood skeleton walk through the street heading for the gate, nor did they notice the sword whose tip was coated red with flesh blood.

Stepping out of the gate onto the aftermath of the battle, Gawain couldn't help but look around. If had been earlier, he would have felt regret for not being here. He should feel anything, regret, anger, or sorrow that he wasn't here defending the poor villagers. Instead he found himself still focused, no still trapped in his single minded ambition to settle this matter before it haunted him further. Even catching a small glimpse of the large hat that stood out most to mark his companion he felt no desire to inquire about her safety. Instead he took note that she was still alive, and was content to keep moving onwards.

He took one step before being stopped in his tracks, the large armor from before the one who had threatened to strike him down approached Gawain. Expecting some sort of taunt, Gawain was caught of guard when words of almost sympathy were given and even an offer to help was extended. Gawain wanted to speak but he could not find the right words. Before he could the armor moved past him heading over to where Renee and others were. Some form of commotion was happening, a conflict by the sounds the armor made. Looking ahead Gawain could see the path into the forest, he could see his path to revenge.

Looking back down at the pouch of ash in his left hand, he closed his bony fingers around it forming a tight fist. Turning away from the path he began to watch whatever was going to play out. He would only get his revenge if he could actually kill the necromancer, and he couldn't do that alone. So he decided to watch, let what ever conflict was happening fizzle out then take the talking armor with him. Once they complete his mission he would offer the armor his thanks for both his assistance and supportive words that Gawain could not find the words to respond to just yet.

Atiifa

Atiifa.jpg

Glaring eyes is what meets Kalina as she advances onwards, marching through the area he claimed. This enraged him almost more than the challenge from the necromancer. "How dare you? You are unfit to walk through the Land of Plague! Hex of Drain L-!" Before he is able to finish the incantation for a rather detrimental spell, the vampire had already made contact, scooping him up. He began to contort and scratch at the woman like a true beast.

"RELEASE ME!" he roared in that otherworldly tone. "I am no being to be coddled by the likes of you!" Then came silence. The ragings of the creature gone and leaving only silence. Atiifa appeared to be silently struggling, The only noise coming from Atiifa being the gentle chokes of a caught breath in his throat until suddenly he goes limp. Like a light switch flicked off, whatever was in control had been pushed out of the way. The eyes of the beast flicker open, but there was nary a sign of rage, just calm... that is until he realized that he was being hugged.

Atiifa clears his throat. "Um... thanks? What is going on? We're... We're outside the gates! Careful, the undead!" After a moment of looking around, he saw no signs of any moving undead flesh. His breathing steadies. "Is it... over? Last I remember I was talking to William..."

Kalina Chivernu
Mentions: Renee Skyhunter Skyhunter | Atiifa Vexumin Vexumin | Gawain Dante Verren Dante Verren | Kurikara EMIYAman EMIYAman

All things considered, picking up Atiifa turned out to be like picking up a wildcat without gloves. It came with some scratches. Then again, it looked like... it actually worked. That was nice. All things considered, Kalina had winged it. Upon confirming Atiifa had calmed, she hesitantly put him down with a sad sigh. He was a lot nicer to cuddle when he wasn't trying to murder or harm her, but alas, she didn't want to disrespect him too much either.

Now that this was all wrapped up, she could finally give Renee an actual reply. “Yeah, I'm fine, no worries~ I could go for a drink though!” She was more than a little thirsty by now, but she didn't want others to pick up on the double-meaning of those words, so she'd attempted to pass it as a joke. It's better to be considered an alcoholic than a vampire, after all.

As for Atiifa... “The undead are defeated, but you tried to run off and get yourself killed by whomever orchestrated these attacks. You might want to get that alter ego or whatever of yours checked out, it turns you into quite the nasty boggart~ Who's William though?”

She then looked around. The entire group seemed to have gathered here. That was pretty convenient. “How about we go talk with my buddy Garvin and explain to everyone what the mayor was up too. I've got his journal to serve as evidence. Once they know what transpired, we can rest, fix up our equipment and plan on how to deal with this necromancer that caused all this~ Considering how eager the necromancer was to get Atiifa to run at it alone and unprepared, I'd say it's a fair guess that he wanted us to split up due to being afraid to deal with all of us together and prepared, so that's exactly what we must be if we wish to defeat him!”

Eventually everyone would gather their bearings and meet up, information of what had transpired within the town, the necromancer goading Gawain and Atiifa. Everyone would be able to go back to town and get ready for the fight ahead, with the Lifelend now in this necromancer's hands they would be in trouble.

In the village people were celebrating their victory within the town, it felt like a actual win after weeks of being besieged within their own town. People were too distracted that their mayor's Murderer walked free. Eventually his body would be found but it was almost liked no one cared. Whatever effect had hold on these people they were now free.

They only threw his murdered body out of the town with the rest of the dead rather than bury him with the rest of the mayors in their crypt. Village militiamen gathered bodies around the town, including the mayors, and created large bonfires to cleanse the dead.

After everyone was ready, they would make their way to the Eastern Forests, Garvin and Garrett knew of where this Necromancer was dwelling at thanks to the information that Gawain would give. With Garrett and Garvin leading the way to their new destination, the group would follow. A 7 man party should have no problem getting rid of undead, right? Right?

As the group headed into the forests they would see a strange purple light rising from the forests into the sky, whatever was happening needed to be dealt with and quick. May our heroes return unscathed and successful.

Thus this concludes the Dead awake at Night thread part 1, thank you for participating in this story, may we all enjoy our rewards!

Interactions: Elvario Elvario Dante Verren Dante Verren Vexumin Vexumin EMIYAman EMIYAman

Isekai Hell RP Grade
The rp was a sandwich of good and bad. Of great and horrible. There was action, suspense, and character relations. Overall it felt like things flowed pretty nicely from point to point. The bumps were the bits where the characters or narration bogged down transitions. Some of the issues I noted were some of the posts narrating the actions of other characters and named npc's. Aside from narrator, I'm assuming permission or something was given to do that as it would normally look like auto-hitting, puppeting, and in some cases god-modding. Most of it involved scenes where zombies were dropping in droves and other high action combat scenes. While great on paper, some of it looked like characters abilities were being somewhat exaggerated and limitations were repressed. Although the first chunk of the rp was Hoard Mode, there is still the idea that the best is yet to come. The characters as they are now are still fresh and new for the most part. Their time to take on hoards will eventually come. Looking over character sheets to discern who could do what and how capable they are in each scene, it became apparent some of the characters do not have their sheets' change logs properly updated or linked to prior rewards. Please be sure to do that this time.

Assuming the rules bending that occurred was at the permission of narrator and those involved and not an expected normal for all rp's in IH, the next issue was related to length. Both the narration and characters could have benefitted from the rp being split into 2 parts. 1 would focus on the entry of the characters into the town and the eventual grouping up of the party. The 2nd would have focused more on the drama of the town and the revelation of the 3rd part. Each part allowing for characters to receive rewards for their efforts as well as make the rp's more focused in their goals and character actions.

The last part would relate to some of the posts involving nothing of the rp and being purely about character. While some folks use them to explain immediately character motivations that turn into actions in the rp. Some of the asides the characters did didn't seem to relate to the rp and its current situations very well. Likely would have benefited from a solo rp to better explore those ideas and asides.

Ending on a high note, the rp read like a tv fantasy action drama. There were several moments where the characters organically worked together and pulled off some cool stuff. It should be interesting to see what happens in the forest.

Aftermath
Unless the rp'ers deem otherwise for one reason or another, all wounds are recovered and damaged gear is repaired. Despite the characters aiding the town with their mayor issue, the town is still far from recovered after suffering weeks of siege, death, sickness, and deprivation. There's also an issue of leadership and reestablishing what was lost like trade. Point is, depending on how things shake out in the next rps and the goals set, its still possible the town will fail. There's also the issue of lingering prejudices brought about by the monstrous nature of some of the party. Being welcomed back into town after they leave may be a strong statement despite the allies they have made in the walls.

Rewards
Renee
- 88 points (plus narration bonus) - optional title acquired [Naive] - character is prone to acting and speaking in a way more experienced individuals would call foolish. Character is also mostly likely to find the chance or hope where none were.

Kurikara - 55 points - optional title acquired [Schizophrenic] - character is prone to hallucinagenic episodes and delusional ideas. More resilient to mental tampering of others.

Atiifa - 55 points - option title acquired [Corruptible] - character is more prone to manipulation than others to the point of facing off against allies. Is not as plagued by guilty conscience.

Gawain - 51 points - optional title acquired [Brave Heart] - despite the odds or horrors they face, the character is always able to muster up just enough courage to move.

Kalina - 55 points - optional title acquired [Critical] - Character has an easier time finding fault with anything and anyone. They are less likely to be caught speechless or without an opinion.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back