• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.
Regula raised an eyebrow when Pierre answered her. “A hull, you say? So you're like a ship then, except on land?” She shook her head about the transportation stuff. “That'll work itself out, I'm more interested in figuring out what you are, no offence, but I really don't get how you even manage to exists in the way you do. It's quite fascinating.”
Pierre Rothel - Regula| Elvario Elvario

Pierre nodded his barrel, along with a complimentary rev of his engine.

"To answer that question, I'm a Tank. An Armored combat vehicle meant for frontline combat, Artillery support, Fortress busting, and Infantry transport. My Armaments unfortunately don't seem to be operational, but until then that I find out how, my true strength will show one day.." .

Regula
Mentions: Pierre Beetlebuggo Beetlebuggo

Regula had no clue what a 'tank' was and the explanation didn't really help either. “So like... a heavily armoured war chariot?” The fortress busting rang a bell. “Oh, you've got an inbuilt trebuchet of sorts?” She smiled. “Wait, is it perhaps more like an bigger version of the gun I'm developing?”

He'd get some time to answer her questions as they were walking, but when they got back to town, Regula would stop for a moment. “Hold up, we can stop Rossle's forge for a bit. He's the guy who's equipment I'm leaching off of~” She said, as she pointed in the direction of her borrowed workspace. “We'll see you guys later! Save some rabbit meat for us, will you?” She said, as she waved the others goodbye and showed Pierre the other way. She would've pulled him along if it wasn't for the fact he was a giant tank.

At the place, she actually had to open up the backyard, as he couldn't exactly fit into the room. However, she was quick to get down to business, pulling out metal plates and blasting up the forge. “This shouldn't take too long~ Oh, come to think of it, do you mind if I get a look inside? That'll probably help figure out how to get those dents out and reinforced~”

All in all, she was clearly extremely excited to work on something as strange and otherworldly to her as this [tank] being was.

"King Arthur much?" Matt commented from the side, hearing about the fae in the lake thing, gripping his bow a little bit. He knew he was probably in that group of people who Michael was referring to about going gung hoe, but when plans fall apart, you gotta do what you think is right, and he did what he could. And that ended with Michael up, and beating the rabbit. So in the end, he did the right thing in his mind. So in the end, things were as planned. yes. he totally planned this.

However, he still had that blood on his hair, staining the once stark white hair completely red for the time being, but it was slowly starting to fade. Though, he felt a little strange about how it felt. Especially since when Michael beheaded the giant rabbit, he got another big dose of the blood on his head. However, that was besides the point. He had basically been playing Bloons tower defense with the rabbits that tried to approach until they stopped, which was lucky since he almost ran out of arrows, so he'd need to salvage those.

However, once the arrow collection was finished, he approached back to the party, standing next to them. However, thanks to all that magic animal blood on his head, he had a set of new additions to his silhouette, namely a nice big pair of white rabbit ears, and a lil horn near his forehead. "So, I don't really know where I'm supposed to go from here, but I know we got two doses of good news. One, we passed. Two, with all these extra pelts, and the big boy over there, we're gonna be rich."

"Similar to the gun, but yes, larger. It is a 37 MM SA Puteax. Firing Volatile High Explosive or Armor Piercing Shells. The secondary is a smaller scale, but rapid fire. A Lewis Machine Gun, which is a fully automatic weapon. Full auto guns fire continuously as the trigger is pulled.. And, I don't mind. Feel free to look around."

Regula

Regula felt split. On the one hand, talking about guns was really exciting to her. After all, she'd spent a very considerable time of her life developing one. On the other hand, she had no clue what Pierre was talking about. “You're gonna have to fill me up on all of that. All I know is that combustion magic makes projectiles fire from a tube, which is what I'm gunning with~ I have no idea what a thirty-seven-em-em-es-aa is... I knew a Lewis once, but I doubt he'd invent whatever it is you call a machine gun... I do like the idea of guns continuing to fire though, I should see if I can get something like that working for me~”

The second part was the more exciting part~ “Don't mind if do then~” She said, as she recalled what Aria did, opening that hatch and checking around. “Wow... it really is empty in here. I'm not gonna lie, I sort-off prepared myself for someone riding within and going like 'tricked you!' or something...”

That said, now that she was within, she had a good look at the damage done by the rabbits, as well as how to fortify those places. “Hmm... If I hit back the dents, then add another metal plate behind it, it should do the job, but... hmmm... I can hardly put you on the forge... perhaps if I get molten iron onto there...” She clicked her tongue. This would definitely be a challenge (the world doesn't exactly have welding, nor does she know what it is), but she was a good armour craftswoman. She'd find a way. There was one thing she was wondering about. “Just to make sure, do you like, feel anything? I'd hate to just start slapping molten metal onto you and giving you the feeling of third degree burns all over.”

"If you look up to the long contraption within, that's where my cannon is. The rack to your upper left are my shells."

Thinking for a bit on her next question, he answered. "While I did feel pain at being penetrated by the rabbits, any other contact just feels numb. As for Heat..? I've only felt slight warmth on the grass with my treads.. and even with contact on my hull, I didn't feel any heat coming off of the rabbits, so I'll have to guess its a no, that I don't feel anything."
1651517718156.png1651519156277.png

Last edited:
Regula

Although the experience was rather odd, Regula took a good long look at the mentioned contraption and cannon. She was pretty surprised at how heavy and large his ammunition was looking as well. This was a few sizes above her own 'gun' and would probably make quite a blast, were it to work as intended. The fact the tank hadn't used it probably meant it didn't do so. She figured it might be a sensitive topic and decided not to ask about it.

His answer on pain experiences was a bit of an odd one, as it didn't fully clarify whether he felt pain or not, but it sounded like she should just go for it and hope he wouldn't start screaming out in horror at the face of his skin melting off. “Alright, I'll just try doing my usual work, in that case. Let me know if it does end up hurting somehow.”

With that out of the way, she set to work. Although the tank was fair deal larger than the armours she crafted, the basic principles were common enough. Bending the broken metal back into a shape, using molten metal to mend it, adding some extra plates as reinforcements. She got into a pretty nice rhythm before long.

It didn't take her all that long, all things considered, to have the him repaired and upgraded. “How does that work for you? Is it all fitting and working?”
She was pretty proud of her work, however minor or major the overall effects would end up being.

She even found herself polishing up the metal plates she'd added, after cleaning off the rabbit blood, only realising it might be a little odd to do so when it was already to late, as this was pretty much the thing's skin she was rubbing all over. She tried to ignore that part, instead focussing on another topic. “We should probably start heading for the Adventurer's Guild to get our rewards, before the rest grows impatient and stops waiting on us.”

Elvario Elvario

Pierre Rothel - Regula

As Regula had been going about with the repair process, Pierre took some time to think to himself for the while.. An unusual thought however to himself, due to his physical state.

'..The Cannon should still be intact.. maybe it's just that I lack the ability to use it currently..'

The feeling of hot metal on his didn't give him that much discomfort, more of the feeling of getting a medical shot at the doctors..

Now he was a tiny bit bored.. Humming a song he used to dance to all the time back in his human earth days.. not realizing he was starting to sing it out loud as the instrumentals filled his imaginary hearing..

"Des étoiles brillantes au-dessus de vous..
Les brises nocturnes semblent murmurer « Je t’aime »..
Les oiseaux chantent dans le sycomore..
Rêvez un peu de moi...

Dis nuit et embrasse-moi...
Tenez-moi bien et dites-moi que je vais vous manquer..
Alors que je suis seul et bleu comme je peux l’être..
Rêvez un peu de moi...

Les étoiles s’estompent mais je m’attarde sur cher (Oh, comme tu t’attardes)
Toujours envie de ton baiser (Comme tu as envie de mon baiser)
Maintenant, j’ai envie de m’attarder jusqu’à l’aube cher
Juste en disant ceci (Donnez-moi un petit baiser)
Doux rêves jusqu’à ce que les rayons du soleil vous trouvent
De doux rêves qui laissent tous les soucis derrière vous
Mais dans vos rêves quels qu’ils soient
Rêvez un peu de moi

Les étoiles s’estompent mais je m’attarde sur cher
Toujours envie de votre baiser
Ouais, j’ai envie de m’attarder jusqu’à l’aube cher
Juste en disant ceci
Doux rêves, je suis rêveur' ('Jusqu’à ce que les rayons du soleil te trouvent)
Keep dreamin' (Il faut continuer à rêver)
Laissez les soucis derrière vous
Mais dans vos rêves quels qu’ils soient
Tu dois me faire une promesse (oh, oui)
Promets-moi
Vous rêverez
Rêvez un peu de moi..."

At which he reached the end of the song, he snapped back to reality via Regula announcing she finished.

"A-Oh.. Yep! Feels really great! I express my highest Gratitude Regula, Let us depart."

(Translated: Song name - Dream a little Dream of Me)
Stars shining bright above you
Night breezes seem to whisper "I love you"
Birds singing in the sycamore tree
Dream a little dream of me
Say nighty-night and kiss me
Just hold me tight and tell me you'll miss me
While I'm alone and blue as can be
Stars fading but I linger on dear (Oh, how you linger on)
Still craving your kiss (How you crave my kiss)
Now I'm longing to linger 'til dawn dear
Just saying this (Give me a little kiss)
Sweet dreams 'til sunbeams find you
Sweet dreams that leave all worries behind you
But in your dreams whatever they be
Stars fading but I linger on dear
Still craving your kiss
Yeah, I'm longing to linger 'til dawn dear
Just saying this
Sweet dreams, I'm dreamin' ('Til sunbeams find you)
Keep dreamin' (Gotta keep dreaming)
Leave the worries behind you
But in your dreams whatever they be
You've gotta make me a promise (oh, yes)
Promise to me
You'll dream
Dream a little dream of me)

"

Regula

Regula felt sorry for the dude when she learned he couldn't get his canon up, but there was little she could do about it. The best she could do was to just work her craft and give him a good polish afterwards. That said, she was surprised to hear a language she wasn't expecting to hear in this odd place and world. The choice of language was almost as odd as to hear 'singing' coming from some odd metal creature without a mouth of lungs.

“Tu parler le français?” Her accent was fairly thick, suggesting she wasn't speaking French from the same period or location, but she knew enough of it to get the gist of the song. “I didn't take a huge metal creature such as yourself to be into romantic songs, although this one seems to have something sad in it.”

1651585355066.png
Pierre Rothel - Regula Elvario Elvario

"Attendez, vous savez Français aussi?" (Wait, you know French too?)

He was quite surprised at this new development. And thinking about it further.. It sounded more Roman Empire Era French than the French he was using... Then again, how else would anyone know an earth language in this world? Because despite everyone here being able to speak English, he knew too well that that's not what they'll call it... Could she have been reincarnated as well..?

Unfortunately, he didn't stop himself from saying something else..

"Well.. You could say the song hits home for me.. especially when the war-"

He immediately cut himself off.

"Er-..uhm.."

Last edited:
662033C5-1E69-4480-9FC1-FF34C3312AEF.png

Aria stood for a moment, more in exhaustion than anything else. Panting she located her dagger which was now in pieces. “I must be losing my mind..” she said to herself before looking over towards the tank, “..this is what happens when i help metal boxes full of.. things.” She was rather confused about this living sentient machine. Although she’d met it before, there wasn’t much she had learned from it, other than it was a living weapon. And that somehow, it drank water. She assumed it wasn’t as strong of a weapon, since it was stuffed full of bunnies only moments before.
She shook her head as she placed the shards in her belt pocket, clicking her tongue disapprovingly.

Her attention shifted towards the others who seemed fairly relieved, at least in her eyes. It didn’t seem like the hunt had gone as planned, as she noticed the way the blue warrior was speaking to the others. Aria didn’t feel like she was very much involved. She was hoping to lay in the grass and spectate the hunt after all.

She remembered Michael from weeks before in the defense of Highgrove. Although this time he was in some kind of battle suit. She was about to greet him, and inquire when another familiar voice pulled her attention. “Regula!” She said with a bit of surprise, even though she’d just fought alongside her. She chuckled at the mention of rabbit stew. “I found some fat ones inside of that.. metal thing.” She said, referring to the tank. “Looks like I got that demonstration you promised..” she placed a hand on her waist as her weight shifted. “I’m impressed! But.. what happened here? Seems like the rabbit situation got out of hand.”

Regula
Mentions: Pierre Beetlebuggo Beetlebuggo | Aria RavenSong RavenSong

“Oui.” She kept her answer short, however, as some of his pronunciation confused her. It was French, but now that he wasn't singing it, the difference only stood out even more than before. Perhaps her version of it had more influences from Italian and German that she'd just grown used too? She couldn't say for sure.

Pierre also mentioned a war, but she wasn't sure how to respond to that. “It's okay, you don't have to bring up such things.” She instead pointed ahead. “We're almost at the guild anyhow, so it's time to reap our rewards~”

As they approached, she spotted Aria there as well. “Sorry about dipping out before, I figured I'd make sure this metal lad over here was going to be all patched up and presentable~” Her smile faded a little upon the mention of a demonstration and issues with the hunt. “Eh... I'm not totally happy there. It was more a field test. I'm going to need to try a lot of things to get this to work better. A way to silence it, a way to shoot more often, perhaps a way to make the shots more explosive... There's a lot of things I've still got to work on, that much is sure... And yeah, things didn't go all according to plan. The big one was a little more viscous than we hoped for and attacked earlier than planned.”

Regula managed to put up a smile again. “But hey, you know what they say, right? The tougher it is to kill them, the tastier it'll be to eat them~” Although she had made it up on the spot, she could almost believe her own words, as she had worked up quite the appetite by now.

Pierre - Elvario Elvario RavenSong RavenSong

Glancing at their surroundings a bit, he gave a small sigh.

"Well.. I might have to talk about it later.. But just a small question..

Do you happen to believe in Reincarnation, by any chance?"

Meeting up with Aria on the path, he also struck up some talk.

"A very magnifique fixing at that! And, while I do agree that things could've gone a little smoother, what doesn't kill us makes us stronger!"

5B4577F0-1449-46A4-B1CD-3338FE30A86B.png

Aria smiled as Regula approached “it’s fine..” then raised an eyebrow at the mention of Pierre then turning to look his way “..hmm, presentable? Is he attending a wedding?” She tried to keep a straight face before placing a hand over her mouth in amusement.

“True. Sound words to live by, lets resist being reckless though..” she had a bit of a flashback to earlier in the day when she opened him up and killed the rabbits inside of him. “Say.. did you feel anything when I opened the door?” She felt her face get red in embarrassment. “I hope you know I was only trying to help you.”

She nodded at the listed improvements she needed to make, a lot of it was fairly new to her especially the details about making explosive shots. “Well, I look forward to experiencing your creations!”

“I was not counting on being flung into the air by that beast! I’ve had worse though.”

Elvario Elvario Beetlebuggo Beetlebuggo

Regula
Mentions: Pierre Beetlebuggo Beetlebuggo | Aria RavenSong RavenSong

The moment Pierre mentioned reincarnation, Regula knew what was up. “But of course~” She said with a knowing smile. So even strange creatures like Pierre were brought in here by this odd [god]. At this rate, she realised she might as well stop being surprised by it all.

“Thanks, but perhaps it'll have to wait a bit~” Regula said, as she'd made up her mind about a few things. “I'll make some changes to the gun for sure, but nothing too extensive for now. After all, I think that I might go and check if I can already use the link I just forged to the Adventurer's Guild. I've heard rumours of powerful diviners in the magic duchy and I think it's time for me to go look for one~”

RavenSong RavenSong Elvario Elvario

Looking at Aria blankly, he answered.

"Well, I didn't really feel much, It was just the warmth of your hand gripping the handle to open me up. I knew you were helping, clearing me of those white nuisances.. Though it was a little messy.."

Listening to Regula, his interest peaked.

"Diviners? Duchy? Well, if you want we can assist as well." He offered.

851B2EA9-4B08-4ED1-8831-13D4CA6869F7.png

Aria blushed, as she scratched the back of her head, “ah.. heh.. “ she didn’t have much to say to his response. Surely she couldn’t imagine what a sentient tank would feel. She took note to be mindful in the future.

“Duchy?” She asked as her nervous smile faded then turned towards Pierre as he offered for her to join as well. She couldn’t help but wonder about what a divinator could do for Regula, tell her fortune, future, lineage? Aria thought about it for a bit, “well.. I am down to my last few rykes, I wouldn't want to sleep in the woods. I’ll tag along if you’ll have me.”

Beetlebuggo Beetlebuggo Elvario Elvario

Pierre Rothel - Aria RavenSong RavenSong

Nodding his barrel, he turned around.

"I'll catch up with you two at the meeting area, for now I must find a water source to refuel. See you in a bit!"

Luckily enough, the river wasn't that far away..

Letting the water rinse off some dirt stuck in some areas of his treads, his energy was returning to him as this new mission awaited..

"I wonder what'll be in store..?" He asked himself as he stared at the sky..

Mentions: @Clyvelle @Youpi NeramoDJI NeramoDJI Elvario Elvario @Goran Glacial Beetlebuggo Beetlebuggo RavenSong RavenSong @Ian Temero
OOC:
Time: 8pm
Weather: Cool but not cold, starry clear night and partial moon

Post Listening:

Ryken Adventurer's Guild

Michael

4uSQijd.jpeg

Michael nodded to those who left early and worked with the remaining testers in loading all the carcasses and eggs for shipping back. The smell of blood among other things kept the remaining horned rabbits in the area at bay. They also were back to Ryken before dark. It was a lot heavier on their way back, but Michael and the others were able to manage. For a field test, they did fairly well. The guards they met at the gate nodded in approval of the haul.

That evening at the guild, there was a celebration and feast. Not only was the horned rabbit menace put down for another year, but there were several new recruits joining the guild ranks with merit to spare. There was also an abundance of tasty dishes where the prime ingredient was a specialty rabbit not just anyone got to enjoy. The dishes with Big Rabbits were particularly tasty. Those entrées were served up like butchered cows and hogs. The street was filled with the smells of their meal and the sounds of their merriment.

Michael was sure to cut loose and enjoy himself as well. He learned early on that life in this world can be tragickly short and adventurers' lives even shorter. Another mission where he almost died. It wasn't enough to be able to keep himself alive. He was gonna need to get the power to keep his allies alive as well. While a team would share the burden, he didn't feel right leaving such an important task to chance. He'd have to redouble his efforts for the next mission. Maybe buy so more mithril too, he thought as he patted the bag of rykes he earned that day.

The End

Isekai Hell RP Grade
We last a couple people along the way, some needed reminders more than the rest, and I would have liked to work with late joiners more on their intros, but once everyone was in, things went swimmingly enough. I could tell most learned a thing or two about the combat system and more efficient ability use. Even if combat is not as interesting for some folks, never hurts to have the knowledge of how to do it in a back pocket. As this was a hunt, most of the rp was combat related and most people knew and exercised restraint when having their characters do things. Wasn't filled with a bunch of auto-hitting, godmodding stuff (most of the time). The characters also got to express themselves under stress. Some worked together. Some were solo shows. Most character's aren't quite ready to take on armies by themselves yet, so some caution may go well for most.

We had a nice little exchange at the end. Perhaps if things hadn't become so dire, there would have been more time for conversation through out since talking is free action. Something for next time perhaps.

Aftermath
The horned rabbit situation was quelled. Their numbers were brought under control and their returned to their normal grounds.
The group of new adventurers all passed their tests and became new members of the guild.
Michael was congratulated for securing the horned rabbit eggs, but was also scolded for allowing it to be part of the rookie test. Future assignments for him would receive additional scrutiny if it involved teaching or protecting weaker allies.
Pierre was chased off from the guild after the members attempted to subdue him to turn him over to the academy for construct and golem study.
Aria would be offered an opportunity to try out for the adventerer's guild if she was interested and noted Michael was willing to vouch for her ability.

Rewards

Michael -
57 points -
  • optional title acquired [Ryken Adventurer C] - character is an adventurer of the ryken adventurer guild. known for being proficient in a number of terrains including water, Ryken adventurers tend to be diverse and capable. C grade means the character knows all the basics, has been on several adventures, and shows themselves to be competent. They have experience and a specialty that sets them apart in the guild. They are considered a full fledged member and can be called upon for all standard missions and can be asked to lead in the absence of a higher ranked member
  • optional title acquired [Blue Knight] - character has received a nickname by their peers as part of reaching C grade in a faction without using the Connected skill. NPCs in the Adventurer's guild faction or aware of the adventurer's guild faction are likely to know of the character and treat them favorably.
Jareth - 28 points
  • optional title acquired [Ryken Adventurer F] - character is an adventurer of the ryken adventurer guild. known for being proficient in a number of terrains including water, Ryken adventurers tend to be diverse and capable. F grade characters are still learning the basics. They may not be fully equipped or able to handle many quests by themselves.
Matt - 29 points
  • optional title acquired [Ryken Adventurer E] - character is an adventurer of the ryken adventurer guild. known for being proficient in a number of terrains including water, Ryken adventurers tend to be diverse and capable. E grade means the character has shown promise for the life and is no longer required to participate in basic trainings or mundane odd jobs. While they still have a ways to go, they at least know the basics now.
Regula - 38 points
  • optional title acquired [Ryken Adventurer E] - character is an adventurer of the ryken adventurer guild. known for being proficient in a number of terrains including water, Ryken adventurers tend to be diverse and capable. E grade means the character has shown promise for the life and is no longer required to participate in basic trainings or mundane odd jobs. While they still have a ways to go, they at least know the basics now.
Xack - 4 points (ghosting penalty)
  • optional title acquired [Weakest Link] - character has been deemed to be dead weight by the ryken adventuring community. Character will have a harder time getting invited to party up. Character will find promotions more difficult to acquire. Will need a strong showing to overcome setbacks of title.
Pierre - 15 points
  • optional title acquired [Weird Golem] - character seems like a new type of golem they haven't seen before. Without arms or legs, character is not particularly menacing looking. Character will have an easier time than most not being treated like a monster. Character will also not be treated like a person in most cases.
Aria - 18 points
  • optional title acquired [Do-Gooder] - character can't seem to help themselves but get involved in other people's problems. Npcs are quicker to take advantage of character's good nature and those truly in need will be quicker to ask character for help. No good deed goes unpunished. Perhaps helping others enough will result in a good harvest eventually.
Tannia - 1 point (ghosting penalty)
  • optional title acquired [Beast Wrangler] - character has successfully wrestled a large beast to the ground. Npc's are more likely to consider character a beast not to mess with. The strongest of grapplers may be more likely to call out character in challenge.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back