• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

LadyOfStars

Tu'er Shen the Rabbit God
Hello!! This Rp is set in the Isekai Hell universe, to learn more and join, click here
This rp will follow the events that transpire within and around Forbidden City Brothel as Wu Zetian and other characters kick back, relax, and party.

Setting:
Time: 10:26pm
Weather: Warm, Dry

qmhuptDbwl9GAcvugkrl_XLUu71EaGlJeCQlr_-kmagPmY34yS7CmXCBXSgC_N5OkcuBESdA0F-e62DTgowAjxJq-vobIU8NMrGpsowdnS2rPyEy5JKSI9P4BKxSFKNS3upqBVcDYENavdOG06pu7os

Guifei, one of the most beautiful cities in the Empire, second only to that of the capital. It is a famed tourist trap and popular vacation destination for natives as well as visitors alike. A masterpiece of city-planning, Guifei features raised walkways, massive structures, beautiful city gardens, and a water way that snakes through the city. Art overflows in the city, sculptures of deities and celebrities dot every corner, and vibrant signs are hung everywhere with some even floating through the air with magic. If there were one place to spend all of your money, it is here in Guifei, where you can get whatever you want.

The city offers a wide variety of attractions, including its famed, Forbidden City Brothel. Purchased and transformed nearly a decade ago, the business had become an institution and even those not seeking the company of the hosts find themselves wandering through the establishment’s doors at least once. Fed by the city’s vast and extensive market district, which in turn feeds the city’s hotel and restaurant district,the vendors of the city are perfectly aligned to fulfill the needs of its residents, guests, and its masters.

Madam Wu Zetian has clawed her way out of the dirt to gain the recognition of her peers. She worked hard to gain the trust of her allies and be worthy of their aid. Years spent struggling would lead her to possess one of the city’s most famous tourist attractions.

The Forbidden City Brothel

F6BBFqzUH3TWHwTFpqvxLXOKA8Dt-4YxYltyFMuiBtv_-R3nkYfLOU_vKm3cN8k4pgKTnuq6zssfHpG3gCv3nKg1cRanokYMTGyZj9m57k5pMYYCftLqNg1LtApQCxw9u5kQp2ve3NuFfY7sqYkYXGg

“Welcome!”

As the brothel’s doors were pushed open by bearkin slaves, an exuberant, cheerful greeting rang out to the hundreds of guests who had made the trek through the forest to find the river and follow the river to the manor. The golden hue of burning lanterns illuminated the water below and cast a warm light into the forest. All manner of men and women had eagerly awaited to enter the beautiful establishment, and when the doors were finally opened, they rushed in.

The inside was like something out of a fairytale, with golden statues, large portraits, and intricately designed rugs elevated the status of the business, allowing them to service customers of both high and low birth. Of course none of it was real, and what was real was stolen.

“Welcome to our Summer Moon Festival celebration!” A songbird-like voice called out. As Zetian welcomed her guests, she was greeted back by cheers and applause. Beside her stood a fleet of hosts and hostesses, ready to earn their keep. Suddenly a burst of light outside the nearby windows colored the brothel in a rainbow of light as fireworks flashed over the river. That was their signal and like an army of robots, the hosts descended the stairs and mixed into the crowd.

ekukjDVV-3TQtxKTeXRFJNkntnaH2zjdjTF2DgElkoZMxusAKLvDLzdXbRQYYdSCz7ut2aD2fTFSjZDNS-8IMYgCXG8BUaGfdtsINQL0v-striqgeOt1w-drurUSzgeUp7pfzWfnhb5HhBvdDMkVn38

On the first floor, several lounge areas and a large kitchen were open to the guests with the aroma of slow cooked meat filtering throughout the space. Ascending to the second floor would lead guests to the private rooms, where one could only enter after having paid. The second floor also hosted the fighting arena, which was a large, empty room with a large dojo mat in the center. As with every moon festival, the brothel was hosting a fight night and many new faces had shown up to participate in the sport as well as to bet on it.

On the third and final floor, the noise of the previous two floors could still be heard and as Zetian scooped a pile of papers off of her desk, she smiled. Her ear to ear grin was one of unbridled joy. The ce;ebratory noises coming from the lower floors were signs that she was making money, signs that her business was thriving. She had also seen some familiar faces downstairs, which meant her friendships and alliance were still holding.

Long Honda, a low-ranking noble who helped Zetian obtain her business and open the doors with favors from other interested parties. He was a shrewd man who secretly had a sadistic side and Zetian couldn’t deny that she was somewhat fearful of the man. But he was a hedonist more than a fighter, and spent many nights here under her roof.

Then there was Enzo, a nobody who society would just as quickly consume him as it would employ him. Zetian found a use for him however and utilized role in the Empire’s underworld to procure precious treasures, information, and sometimes people. He too was a loyal customer, partially because he received a significant discount that allowed him to afford even the cheapest host.

Todo, the pigman
ETkzSnkXYAMpXUB.jpg

When he first started working here, he was admitably afraid as all hell. Who'd want a guy like him working a swanky place? A guy who couldn't go infront of most normal folk without getting spit on.

In a place like this, being spit on was the least of your worries he guessed... It had been three years since he came to this word, the first year was learning, how things went, then the second and third was REALLY about learning cause he was stuck in a place that hated him cause of his race AND he had very little clue how he got here.

In games and stuff you'd usually be happy to be in a fancy oriental land. But, after being thrown out of most places and practically pennyless... Beaten and bruised, he made his last ditch attempt... This place...

He expected to be beaten, or worse, killed, stuffed and slow roasted!!

But.... Here he was... Working the kitchen... He had a nose for it, the minute details one might miss on scent, he didn't. Sure it meant he was salivating most the time but who'd trust a skinny chef anyways? Not him, nor did the madam it seems. Givein the fact the head chef was also big. And the one who talked to irrate customers they didn't want to lose.

But the ones they didn't care about... Well... He was a big guy.

He woulsn't hurt nobody but everyone felt smaller when trying to scam a place with a big boar man backing them up.

And the fact he was, infact, a pig oft made folks not want to admit any intimidation occured..

What are you gonna do?

Admit your afraid of the pig?

He also had an occasional spot in the fighting ring, mostly as wrestling, folks liked seeing handsome winners beat the ugly beast pig...

Their words did hurt sometimes... But... The pay is immense... Madam Wu was a drive woman, one that Todo respected...

And mostly feared, she made a few people disappear he was certain...

He sniffed the air a second, ah, that familiar smell...

"Roasts done." Todo spoke up, his nose pointed over at the oven. "Give it abit most basting in the butter and send the pig out we have a banquet to feed!" Folks moved quickly here, it was a hustle and bussel in the kitchens, sure he had no true power, but folks in the know trust a pig on matters of food...

Hrmm... Madam Wu told him to report on the kitchen.. Best he do so. The pigman shuffled around on his belt and produced the veil and headwrap, he began applying it with a hand before grabbing the cloak to cover the rest of him, he would move carefully towards the office of the Madam, with all things settled and ongoing, he did wonder if the Madam had any certain work for him..

In this work you had to be practical and eveready for the changes around you.. A party one minute, a botched assassination attempt causing chaos the next...

The sounds however were... Harder to get over, but you drown them out overtime.

Focus your thoughts, it was easy when you were a fellow like him. So far from such deeds was he, his money is best served elsewhere as well. So there he was, veiled as can be, nearby the madams office, he wondered what today would bring.

Wu Zetian

While the sounds of the floors below were able to reach her office, the savory scents and alluring aromas of the kitchen never did. Unless there was someone standing outside her office who worked in the kitchen. More often than not the only person who cared enough to venture to her office, from the kitchens, was Todo, the resident hog. Smirking with a knowing expression upon her face, Zetian slowly glided across the room and placed her hands upon the golden handles of her office doors. "Todo." She called melodically as she pulled the doors open. She was hit by the smell of spices and herbs, and while she hadn't been hungry earlier, she certainly was now.

"I was just coming down." The madam declared, tilting her head with a smile. Hiring the pig as a chef was a risk when society was not welcoming to his kind. While she never approved of hate and bigotry, she was never in a position where she could actively go against the social norms. Her business thrived only so long as people were happy with her and her actions or choices. But she could lie; hire the empire's undesirables and pass them off as slaves while paying them under the table to do jobs where they would be hidden from the disapproving customers.

Todo had been a great addition to the kitchen staff and an overall great employee, Zetian could not deny he made somethings much easier for her and some of the other staff. "If you're up here that must mean your work in the kitchen is done? Searching for something to occupy your time between now and the dinner rush?" The golden trinkets in her hair jingled and chimed as she moved to sit behind her desk. "I'll need you on standby tonight. As you know, we have a full moon which means fight night. Most of the fighters have swore to be here and its still early, but in case someone doesn't show up, I'll need you to be ready." Throwing him into the arena was not something that she truly enjoyed, but it kept their guests happy and money in their pockets. He of course could refuse and she would put together other plans. "I think I might also be a little hungry." She teased.

Orikanyo Orikanyo

Todo, the company Hog

Ah, the second reason he found the Madam intimidating, she was gorgeous and knew it. But, he was a pig, so what did it matter to him?

Alot, he was a blubbering mess the first few months.

Anyways.

"The braised boar should feed them for now, the kitchen is in full swing now so getting something for the Madam is of no issue naturally." He gave the misstress of the manor a good bit of respect and reverance. By now without her aid he would have been the braised pig himself.

Ah, but his second job here. Amongst the.. several others.

"The Whole Hog will be ready of course, though I do hope our contenders don't go too hard... I am a delicate flower! Hahaha." Sure, maybe one of those corpse blooms maybe. Ah, perhaps one day he could get magic or something to change this form of his... No.. That would be fakeing who he is. What did that self help book say?

Be your best you?

And the best him is a big pig guy.

So.

Yea.

"With the festival, we are lucky to have gotten our stores filled on time. The onions were waneing on freshness but with abit of frying they worked wonderously, I do not know who you charmed for these ingredients madam, but with food like this even a half rate chef as I can perform wonders." Self depreciative as ever, but he did have a point on the ingredients.

"..Shall you eat here? Any order for the kitchens? Perhaps you would come see the works yourself? I can smell it all from here... And a fellow pukeing in the gambling room... Hrmm..." his nose wrinkled.. Too much to drink already... That one was partying hard...

LadyOfStars LadyOfStars

Setting:
Time: 10:26pm
Weather: Warm, Dry

Wu Zetian

1657830217234.png

People could be cruel, undoubtedly so, but a person's species did not warrant hate and disdain from an entire nation. Todo was a prime example of someone who was deserving of respect and even love. He was so kind and caring, and even though he was only an employee he took very good care of Zetian. It made her think of how little she knew of the beastkin. She would have to change that.

"I think I'll go downstairs and...take a peek at the options." She pushed away from her desk, wood scraping against wood as the chair slid backward across the floor. Her long, extravagant kimono cascaded down around her in ruby waves. "I would like to ask you about your past, Todo, if you do not mind." Her eyes lingered on the pig as she passed by him and then she looked ahead, stepping out into the small hallway outside of her office.

"I am curious as to where you hail from and what your experience in the empire has been like." She hoped that he would be open to the topic, but she wouldn't force it of course. Todo was the only employee that she had gotten somewhat close to since opening the, Forbidden City, and she felt it was only natural that she learn more about the man.

As they would descend the stairs, the party would be in full swing and the sounds of cheering and laughter would make that very evident as the vibrations of the many voices would hit them like a slap in the face. Zetian had grown used to the numbing noise after so many years.

Orikanyo Orikanyo

Todo, Attention Hog

She.. wants to know about him...? Odd... truely odd... She must be feeling magnaminous today... or perhaps he did something wrong? No.. this is what... Friends do? No, they were not friends surely.

How silly a thought.

"I am inconsequential, madam." he spoke, eyes to the ground for a moment, but, something siezed him for a second, paused, ear to the world then shook his head. Nothing to be alarmed, just business. "Just various changing states between poorness, being lost, being poor but not lost. And at most times being both. Though never becoming lean it seems." he patted the rotund belly upon his body, for emphasis.

"I heard a man say once, that life is a long line of changes, to live and succeed is to flow like water in a river... Your presence has me waxing poetic I guess." he scratches under the chin, a distinctive hog-like snuffle coming out. "i told you once long ago, I couldn't tell you how I came to the Empire. I am only lucky to have found this place. Anywhere else would have had me in chains... Chains without consent I guess...

...I don't know if we still offer that service..." the pigman seems to think on it for a second. "..Not for me, metal chafes. But, r-regardless. Life goes on no?"

The pigman followed after the woman, eyes glancing about, watching each corner as if on the hunt for dusty shadows and lint left behind by sweepers. The crowds had him anxious, the full Moon festival, it was a big thing each time... He eyed a dust bunny, a swift hand swiped it up and pocketed the wayward lint, spotless, as it should be!

he wouldn't dare ask the same question to the Madam as she asked him, however, though he did wonder.

But, Pig's don't oft ask questions.

A small fae fluttered uneasily through the air, frequently landing atop wide-eaved vermilion rooftops and carved pillars both to rest her one good wing, and to take in the sights. Bright golden lanterns blinded her eyes, dangling from strings strung across the criss-crossing roads of the city. They faintly reminded her of a kind of glowing plant she was once very familiar with, though now, she could not recall its name or any of its other characteristics.

This city was beautiful, extravagant, and filled with so much life, a far cry from her little fae village. The people here were all so big, some especially so, and others much shorter, though none could be compared to her tiny stature. For a moment, she hesitated to descend into the world below, and the dangers that came with it. But right now, she had nothing left to lose.

Flying by the heads of giants, Ninelle quickly realized she blended right in. Either people didn't notice her tiny presence, or they didn't seem to care much when they spotted her. Internally breathing a sigh of relief, she took a break atop a colourful stall that looked to be selling entire fruits on a stick. Whilst pondering what the golden syrupy stuff on the fruit was, the vendor noticed her presence with a surprised smile and kindly offered her a free mini-version of what he called a 'candied haw'.

Comforted by the kindness of the giant, she took the gift with a bow and a big thank you before flying off again. Now wielding a stick with tiny pieces of candied haw skewered through it, Ninelle continued to wander the dazzling city whilst cautiously munching on her new treat. It was a bit too sweet for her tastes, but her attention was more focused on the bustling flow of people heading towards the forests outside of the city.

Following after them by flying overhead, she realized at the end of the river lay a large, luxurious establishment, dazzling and gorgeous like the palaces in fairytales. Sparkles appeared in her eyes as she curiously made her way over, wondering if she'd get a glimpse of majestic nobles or perhaps even royalty. Her ears were quickly deafened by the noise as she peeked in, immediately flying up towards a ruby-painted wooden beam high-above all the festivities and bustle to observe. It seemed there was some sort of celebration today, the Summer Moon Festival? She didn't know what it signified, but it was kind of fun watching all the chaos and jovialness below her, if a bit intimidating.

Out of the corner of her eye, she noticed a beautiful figure descend the stairs with such poise and grace, that she immediately naively concluded that she must be a princess. She wasn't sure how to describe it, but she walked with such natural authority whilst still remaining elegant, that it was the only conclusion she could come up with. She had never seen a noble, much less a princess before, so she was immediately awed.

Conversing with the princess was a large bulky pigman of sorts, strong and ferocious, Ninelle immediately concluded he must be a trusted knight, soldier or warrior of the princess. Perhaps her imagination was getting a bit out of hand with all these fairytale-like assumptions, but it was a habit ingrained within her from her first life. She wasn't planning on stepping out of line and greeting them haphazardly anyway, hence she continued to just peek at the princess and her knight most curiously from high above, wondering if she could learn to be so elegant or powerful one day.

Wu Zetian

She recalled having asked these questions of, Todo now, because she recalled him giving her the same answer. Why she thought the answer would be different this time was beyond her. Perhaps the stress of preparing for today had exhausted her brain. All the same, she thought of the hog and his life. She could very easily have been in his place and worked for someone unkind, but she got lucky on more than one account. "Well perhaps you can refresh my mind on what your goals are? Surely you don't plan to remain in the empire all your life."

Reaching the second floor, she could see hosts and hostesses taking their customers into their rooms, as well as the arena being decorated with moon festival decor. She would have continued on to the lower level, but a familiar face met her and Todo at the top of the stairs. "if it isn't the mastermind getting all of our money." A rougish voice called out as the figure came into full view. "Enzo." Zetian whispered as her expression slowly soured. The man was bottom of the barrel in all social rings and really no better than scum, but he did good work for her that she could not do herself.

1658066788254.pngThe low-life looked, Zetian up and down, undressing her with his eyes and smirking while he did so without shame. He then caught glimpse of the robust figure behind her and cringed. "Ugh, gross." He stepped back, face twisted from disgust as he shook his head. "Why don't we occupy one of these rooms and ditch this very large dead weight over here?" Enzo suggested as he reached out to grab hold of Zetian's hand. Although she certainly wasn't a woman of higher standing than any of her guests, Zetian considered herself to be beyond the reach of any mortal man. So feeling his hand upon her skin while he spoke so inappropriately repulsed her. "Todo!" She called with a bit of panic making her sound far from her usual composed self.

Ninelle's arrival would go unnoticed by all in attendance, her tiny frame keeping her from being spotted, especially so high above the crowd and noise. While the smell of good, fresh food had helped to draw in most of their humanoid customers, it also drew the attention of other creatures, like birds. On the eaves of the brothel sat handful of the winged creatures who had just been enjoying the aroma and resting their wings as they hoped for some guest to drop their food. What caught their attention however was the small, butterfly-like creature that entered the brothel. With a loud caw, one bird lead the other down from the eaves to sit on the window ledges where they would watch the creature, waiting for moment to swoop in and turn it into their dinner..

Orikanyo Orikanyo SilverFeathers SilverFeathers

Sage Litwile
1658089338121.png
Sage was also fluttering around, entering into the brothel without knowing what the place was. He carried his massive Zweihander along with him, never actually letting the blade leave his sight in day to day life. The maimed boy wandered around, in awe at the sights and smells. This land was completely foreign to him, but he had gone on an adventure in search of more techniques to slay Vrel and usurp Zylf, and found himself in the eastern empire. He was surprised by how different it was from his home of Ryke, but he enjoyed the variety. He found himself in some kind of moon festival, and something called a "brothel". The ladies were nice, but all the guys he saw were drinking a lot and seemed to like being touchy. But that wasn't what was Sage's mind.

He saw some birds eying him, but he merely held his sword a bit closer. He wasn't scared of birds. Well, not anymore. He used to have a deathly fear of them when he was almost eaten as a baby. But now he was strong and could beat up and eat the birds back. That was when he heard a cry at the staircase, and saw a man touching a lady in a way she didn't want to be apparently, as he flew over, leaving his sword on the banister and fluttering up to the man who was doing the unliked touching. "Hey! You stop that mister!" He told the man, and without waiting for a response grabbing the man by the back of his shirt, easily lifting the man up into the air with his herculean strength for his size. He didn't really know what was going on, but the woman seemed distressed. And as an adventurer, anyone in distress was something he should do something about.

He was sort of hoping that the man would fight him. It had been so long since he had been in a good fight. His desire to see blood still needed to be sated. So perhaps the man would slip up and give Sage an excuse to use his Zweihander. A boy could only hope.

Todo Sawl
ETkzSnkXYAMpXUB.jpg
"I'm sorry to disappoint madam I am not one so seasoned with adventure yet, though... I do wish to be one day... To venture forth and make my life my own...

But, well, life is life for a pig as I. Only lucky I haven't ended up roasted with an apple in my mouth and stuffing up my-"

Oh, oh no here comes trouble.

The pig man shuffled abit uncomfortably in the moment, but stood his ground nonetheless against the crude words sent his way. But, then, to be so brazen as to touch the madam! How could this felow think himself in the right to do so!

...Not to mention they had some many beauties around them come on now surely you could realize she wasn't one of the working women. Their profession was to be respected, and the Madams was to make sure they are fairly paid and treated... In most ways of the second form, customers aren't always clean and healing bills are expensive...

And hard to get reconpense for from the customer.

But this man, he was filthy... And...

Now...

Floating!?

He was floating!!!

"I... Umm..." the hog snorted abit, with uncertainty and concern at the sudden change, the man didn't look happy either! "Wait.. Is... Goodness sir please put the fellow down!" He had spotted the gigantic sword first, at first he thought it was a possesed sword! But then he saw the... Fairy, of all things, LIFTING the grown man up by the scruff!

"N-now lets be calm now and no need for anybody too be hurt this is a place of joy not bloodshed.

Outside of the pits anyways." He added the last part with a snort.

"If you two wish to rough house you should take it to the ring, settle your dispute properly! We need no damages to property here thank you very much!" The pig, however, didn't stop there... Becausr he pulled out a... Notebook...

"Enzo... enzo... Ah yes.... You tab has been in need of paying, sir. While we have you. Several nights of drinking, high quality booze doesn't come cheap sir... Not to me tion the services of Emiko for the last... 5 times, in the last 2 weeks, give the girl a rest sir... Not to mention meals and in meal services... Betting bills unpaid...

Sir, if you aimed to meet with the madam, perhaps first you should look to paying off your debts, before deigning to so much as touch her most illustrious personage, snort." He went down the list, plucking out a pair of tiny... Glasses that plopped onto his nose.

"...Please Mr.Fairy would you be so kind to let him go?"

Ninelle Lifeblossom

Ninelle's wings fluttered uneasily as the scene on the stairs escalated. Before she could even think about intervening however, another fairy abruptly entered the fray. Ninelle wouldn't exactly describe herself as observant, but she was surprised she missed the entrance of another fairy, especially since she was located right above the entrance. She was also particularly shocked since this fairy was kind of... eye-catching, considering he had left an absolutely gigantic sword on the railing behind him. She almost thought she saw wrong or had imagined things, but considering he also lifted up that giant with just a hand... She chose to just calmly accept the fact that it was his.

Out of curiosity, she floated over towards the blade, wondering if it was enchanted or something, when she was abruptly plucked from the air, just before she reached the sword itself. The sound of metal clanging resounded clearly in her ears, as the bird abruptly tossed her out of its beak in surprise. Regaining her air stability haphazardly, Ninelle turned back, only to see a bunch of huge birds perched on the beam she once laid on, staring at her with beady, dead-pan eyes.

She was lucky. The bird caught her by her torso, where most of her artificial body lay. Still, even with just that brief interaction, she could feel the gears of her insides rotating uneasily, occasionally grating against her flesh. Wincing slightly, she was in a brief panic as she wondered what on earth to do. She felt as if she had encountered a situation like this just once before, but she couldn't remember anything about what she had done back then, or how she got out alive.

Ninelle wasn't given any more time to think, as the same bird dived at her again, clearly believing she must be eatable somehow. The animal was at least partly correct, though Ninelle wasn't exactly about to start praising its intelligence. Dodging stiffly, still unaccustomed to her artificial wing, she realized that an extended standoff in the air would definitely strain the one real wing she had left.

Panicking internally, she knew even with her fragmented memories that she did not have much experience in dangerous situations like these. Her brain was all over the place, trying to both watch the birds and figure a way out of this mess. The thought of asking for help from those below her didn't even cross her mind... though somehow, in a fit of panic, using that one fairy's sword without permission, did. It was very fortunate that the blade was left behind quite casually, leaving a narrow edge peering over the railing's edge that she could utilize, because she did not think she could move that thing herself.

Resolutely, she pulled her wand out and threw her wings into overdrive, nosediving straight towards the shining sword below her. Swerving upwards at just the right moment, she blasted the winged beast with mana from above, aiming to force it to ram its face full-force against the thin slither of the blade peeking over the railing. Unfortunately she overestimated the power of her mana blast, and underestimated her opponent, as the bird instead managed to escape with a slice across its abdomen instead, though it wasn't any better to look at than a face cut.

She wasn't sure if it was mad, intimidated or afraid, but that was one to Ninelle, and zero for bird, as she stood cautious but triumphant by the hilt of the giant sword.

Wu Zetian

So small was her hero that, Zetian had nearly overlooked the tiny, but brave fairy. She was surprised but also relieved that the fairy had shown up when he did. The strength that the little creature possessed was beyond impressive. Enzo was not so thrilled however and as he was suspended in the air by a force he could not see, the criminal kicked and cursed. So angry was he that he barley heard Todo's condescending tone, although he did catch a few of the pig's words and that only served to piss him off even more. "Is this how business is done now in, The Forbidden City?" The man questioned with a furrowed brow. "Manhandling guests and letting your slaves talk down to them?" He barked loudly at the madam.

Although Zetian loathed to admit it, Enzo had a point. No other business in the city allowed their beastmen slaves to even speak to guests, let alone insist they pay their dues while another person held the guests suspended in the air. Zetian laid her hand on Todo's notebook, signaling him to put it away. "You are right, Enzo." Zetian replied as she stepped forward to look the man in his one eye. "We should treat our guests with the respect they deserve, but you should treat you business associates similarly." She looked to the fairy and gave him a reluctant nod. "Forget this minor uncivil interaction and I will forget that you dared to put your hands on me, and will forgo getting my friends in the nobility involved."

The sound of flapping wings drew Enzo and Zetian's attention to a bird that had flown into the brothel and seemed to be harassing a nearby guest. So much was going on tonight. With a heavy sigh, Enzo rolled his eye and nodded his head. "Fine, but that porker of yours steps out of line again and I'll tell your noble friends how kind you are to that beast. Get your hands off me!" He barked that last bit at the fairy, trying to walk off and find himself a woman, and a man, to help relieve his stress.

With that out of the way, Zetian moved to check on her guest, the second fairy who seemed have had some trouble. "Are you alright?" Her soft voice was even softer as she made her approach and tried not to irritate the smaller creature. "I have never had such elegant guests to, The Forbidden City before, I am honored." She looked to Sage and then back to Ninelle. "And grateful." Right away she assumed that the two of them were here together, as friends or perhaps even lovers. "Please, allow us to repay your kindness with a good meal and a comfortable room to relax in. And perhaps later, we'll see a good fight in the arena."

1658110478920.png gestured for them to follow her as she started to head down to the first floor where lounges were scattered about the floorplan to provide guests with some privacy and comfort. Of course the Madam had access to a truly private room where she could conduct business and this was where she took her new guests. "Make yourselves comfortable and please, tell me your names."

NeramoDJI NeramoDJI Orikanyo Orikanyo SilverFeathers SilverFeathers

Todo Sawl
ETkzSnkXYAMpXUB.jpg
The pigman stood still, ah... He did it again... Hes going to get in trouble trying to help someone... Ah... Well... At least the... faries...? Two fairies. Oh my they were so tiny and cute! Goodness, he felt abit jealous at their endearing size! And such strength from the one with the... Big... Sword... Hrmm...

How did he not notice the large blade coming inside...?

Who didn't?

Surely the eatchmen were on point...? They had to be more careful now, trouble comes in threes.

He followed his madam, aiming to make good on her words and orders should they come. His eyes went to the pillows... He eyed the fairies and took a moment to stack a few loy laying one up to table height, he couldn't help but still think how cute they were... One seemed quite scared though... Ah... Was he missing a leg!? Who would do such a horrid thing!?

"I appologize for my earlier rudeness, and thank you for stopping the issue when my hands were unable..." it would have been worse for him if he laid hands upon the man, much worse... Words were fleeting, but that would come with unpleasantness...

"...Is there anything that would please you this day? Smoke? Food? I'm afraid we... Have no true companions your size this evening...." he regarded them both kindly, the pig man standing to attention to their whims.

Sage Litwile
1658089338121.png
"This is how we do business in MY city." Sage said to the man, before watching the rest of the exchange, huffing as he let the man down, fluttering back over to his sword, hefting it up with one hand and carrying it beneath himself. He watched the man move away, before turning to the other fairy. "Woah..." He said, fluttering over to her, surprised to see another fairy. He had never actually seen another fairy now that he had thought about it. Plenty of pixies, but they were always mean and teased him, so maybe this fairy would be nice.

"Are you okay miss?" He asked, fluttering up to the fairy with the sword behind himself, keeping it sheathed to prevent anyone from accidentally cutting themselves on it. He wanted to make sure the fairy was okay, but he turned to Zetian when she addressed him and started talking. He nodded a little, a smile on his little face. "No worries ma'am! Helping people is what my papa raised me to do." He said proudly, glad to have helped out. He didn't understand all the fancy words she said, but he thought she was thanking him or something.

"Oh! Food!" He said happily, very much liking the thought of somewhere soft to sleep and a good meal or two. He had been travelling for a long time, and he really wanted somewhere to just relax a little. But then she brought up the fight pit. "Ooh, I'd like to fight! I like fighting." He volunteered, wanting to get his practice in for fighting that champion of Zylf, having not had a good fight since that day.

As they were guided to their rooms, he looked up at the pig man Todo, and smiled a bit.
"Oh, could I have just a little flower to sleep on? And maybe a small meal with some meat?" He asked to Todo, figuring he'd tell the attendant what he would like since the man had asked. "Oh, um, My names Sage! I'm from the adventurers guild in Ryke." He introduced himself, placing his sword against the wall and doing a small bow in the air to Todo and Zetian. However, whenever he looked at one or the other, he needed to turn his whole head, because of the large bark patch over his missing eye.

Last edited:
Ninelle Lifeblossom

Loud footsteps of a giant scared away the last of the feathery predators, leaving Ninelle to catch her breath for a moment, before suddenly coming face to face with the beautiful princess she saw on the stairs earlier. "I-I'm alright, thank you!" Though startled, almost tottering off the railing itself, she managed to yell her gratitude loud enough for the giant lady to hear. Words couldn't describe her excitement and awe right now. A real life princess was talking to her! Even the way she talked was so elegant. She almost wished she had some paper and pen to get an autograph or something, though she wasn't sure if the lady would know what that was.

Following the lady's eyes, she looked towards the fairy fluttering over towards them, only now noticing the mask over his eye, and the loss of his leg. It was the first time in a long time she had seen another fairy, much less one injured so terribly. "I'm okay... but are you okay?" She was definitely slightly intimidated by the strong mercenary-like fae, but more filled with concern, hence she asked about his health cautiously.

"Oh, um, I didn't help with anythi-" Ninelle tried to speak up about the whole free food and accommodation thing since she really didn't do anything to deserve it, but her words trailed off as she realized that the giants had already moved far away, each step they took widening the distance by a mile in fairy terms. Catching up quickly, her mechanical wing whirring therapeutically behind her, her thoughts quickly got distracted by the glamour of the princess's private room.

"Thank you, sir!" She bobbed towards the giant pigman as she landed softly atop the piled pillows, before turning back and replying to the giant lady, following right after Sage's introduction. "I'm Ninelle Lifeblossom, pleased to make your acquaintance! I come from Il-"

Abruptly, she cut herself off, and decided to change her words. "I came from a fae village hidden in the woods nearby. I just did some wandering and somehow ended up here!" She smiled finally, finishing off with what she hoped was an elegant curtsey. In all honesty, she was a little overwhelmed by the whole situation but she was hoping to make the best of it all, without bringing up other matters.

Turning back to the kind pigman, she fluttered a little closer both out of curiosity for his race, and so that he could hear her more clearly. "Um, I quite like agarwood incense or smoke if you have any. Food-wise... A moonpetal seed or something similar would be fine... What do you mean by 'companions' though?" She tilted her head in confusion.

---
Moonpetal: a type of flower with luminous white crescent-moon shaped petals with twin silver stamen. It grows by waterbanks with strong moonlight. Its seeds are a strange mix of bitter and sweet tasting.

1658512095063.png
Wu Zetian

Setting:
Time: 11:30 pm
Weather: Warm, Humid

"We very rarely get fae guests so, so you both honor me by being here." Zetian said with a slight bow of her head before she moved to sit down across from the two of them. "Our usual fae guests are usually very quiet and they tend to be in and out very fast. I believe this is the longest conversation I've ever had with a fae person before." She then looked up to her pigman and gave him a slight nod. "Will you bring us a spread of tonight's specials, Todo? Food and drink." Zetian said in a suggestive tone. While she wanted him to stay and discuss fight night with Sage, she needed to get some good food and drinks in here to keep their guests happy.

"I don't think that we've ever had foreign adventurers either, so I am eager to see what you can do in the arena later tonight. Does the guild pay you well? Are the risks high?" Her assumption that the two fairies were together was thrown out of the window. They seemed to be from different places and didn't have a connection beyond meeting here. "II did not think that a fairy could become so...strong. Are you as strong as Sage is, Ninelle?" Zetian's gaze swept across the space between the two fairies, settling on the woman. She couldn't help but to be curious about these creatures she'd seen so little of.

Orikanyo Orikanyo NeramoDJI NeramoDJI SilverFeathers SilverFeathers

Sage Litwile
1658089338121.png
"Oooh, I see. Well, I'm not really all that special. I just wanted to see new places while I train myself." He said, feeling a little odd about being told he was honoring someone by being there, he didn't really think he was anything cool. He looked at the lady, smiling brightly with his little scarred face. If one looked close enough, it would be apparent that the bark on his face was not a mask, but rather fused to his skin. The maimed little fairy floated up, leaving his sword leaning against the table, hovering up to the master of the brothel.

"Oh, the adventurers guild? I get paid based on what quests I complete, so the tougher the quest, the more gold I get! Though, it is pretty risky, I remember I almost died on my first quest. But I made it! Then I did another quest for a lady who wanted to prove she was a princess, and then there was this forest where a pretty goddess stabbed me in the eye while her assistant cut off my leg after they broke all my bones." He recounted his tales to the brothel's master, since he wanted to explain how he got to this nation when he started in ryke. He gestured to his eye and leg when he said the last part, the smile on his face not dropping as he said it.

"Oh, I don't really think she'd be as strong as me. No fairy is. I trained reaallllly hard to do this stuff." He said, floating down onto the table, wanting to relax a little bit, but not wanting to annoy the lady by sitting on her shoulder like he usually did with big people, since she seemed to really not like people touching her. He laid back a little bit, bending his leg a little and waving his hand over where his other leg used to be, still not used to it being simply gone.

Todo Sawl
ETkzSnkXYAMpXUB.jpg

"Goodness! Whoever could do such a thing to a cu-" todo nearly blurted out and caught himse.f.. he.. didn't want to call them cute, they were, extensively so.. But.. he didn't want to be rude.

Right!

Food!

What was a moonpetal seed even? Surely they had some somewhere it SOUNDED rich and fancy sure... He.. had to search, get the kitchen on it she REQUESTED it and they certainly had to meet such refined tastes! The other little maimed cutie didn't ask for anything, goodness they were so cute! Were they together? Tiny romance oh lords above... Ah...

He quickly excused himself form the room and shuffled his way down the stairs, he bypassed a few people, slipped behind doors, wiggled abit in a crowd of servants and with a sudden burst.

"We have requests made by the lady's own pleasure! Hurry up and listen come on folks double time! We need orders of speacials sent up to the third VIP room the madam favors, speacials, food and drink with smaller portions for smaller folk. We have her meeting with two Fairies, small in frame and stature and-" he cut himself off from saying cute. "And they are hungry! One of which made a request of a Moonpetal Seed! Anybody have a clue?"

A sous-chef rose a hand. "hey.. Those sound like something out in the garden, apparrently they taste kinda bitter." Todo flicked a finger. "I'll get one, we'll see if we can roast some up, maybe straight? Their fairies... Maybe a tea from the seeds and petals?" An older chef perked up.
"Hmm... The petals can be unpleasant in a tea... Light but flavorless. The seeds work in one.. perhaps there." The kitchen started up theory crafting as Todo discretely raided a small area of the garden, plucking a matured flower then returning.

The cooking once started was fierce, to say the least, Todo was by no means a master, but they had a few in here with many a year of cookery under their belt. two more bollossums later they got an area of lightly seasoned Moonpetal seeds, various seasons and plain for the discerning fairy. They had a large portion of ham, upon Todo's suggesting for something savory and filling for the madam, with a veritable collection of roasted, braised, buttered, seasoned vegetables.

Alongside a lovely sharing platter of rice. Steamed and light, fluffy one might dare say.

The veritable feast was... More than enough for one pig, so a handful of serving waitresses were enlisted... The travel would be careful yet practiced to get there once done... But with Todo's salvating as proof, the meal was to die for... Though he kept his slobber in check naturally, it'd be rude.

Ninelle Lifeblossom

"This is also the first time I've talked for so long to someone so much bigger than me!" Ninelle chimed in, feeling a bit more relaxed with everyone's friendly attitude. "I've always lived surrounded by my fellow fairies, so this is all so new to me. But, uh, no, I am nowhere near as strong as Sage is. I don't think I've met a fairy as strong as him actually." She pondered out loud, trying to recall as many sparse memories of her village life as she could.

As the pigman departed, she fluttered back to her pillow chair and fiddled with her fatigued wing whilst listening to Sage explain the adventurer's guild, her smile slowly slipping away the more she listened. Goddesses? Eye stabbing? Dismembered legs? Broken bones? Being an adventurer sounded horrible, but the foreign fairy seemed to genuinely enjoy it so she merely sweat and smiled politely. Even if she didn't want to become one, she did respect them. She didn't think she could remain calm and collected in the face of such terrible danger and risks.

Fortunately it wasn't long till the pigman returned with an unending feast in tow. More and more giants fluttered in, dropping off huge dishes before fluttering back out. Ninelle was amazed by the sheer size of the portions, she could literally roll around on the plate of meat with space to spare. "Wah, thank you everyone!" She perked up, realizing how hungry she was. Grabbing a plain moonpetal seed with both hands, she chomped on it happily with an audible crunch. "The taste of home, how nostalgic. Oh, and, happy summer moon festival everyone!" She cheered whilst sitting herself back down.

Wu Zetian

Zetian was shocked by the tale of Sage's wild and dangerous adventures, yet here he was, living and smiling after everything that he had been put through by this cruel world. It wasn't hard to believe that he'd gone through such dangers when the empire put people through peril regularly. She looked down at the little fairy and flashed him a smile of content. It was clear that he was strong both physically and mentally and that was something to be proud of. "Your journeys have been beyond dangerous, Mr. Litwile. I think that you were meant to come here." The idea of using Sage for his connection to the Adventurer's Guild left Zetian's mind almost completely now. She was more focused on her job and ensuring that a customer who has endured much, could relax and heal. "We will certainly have to drink to your successful career and its continuity."

Ninelle was precious in every meaning of the word, but Zetian found herself wanting to know more about the fairy's own past. "Ms. Lifeblossom, I hope it is not forward of me to ask about...your past. I am very curious to know what you do?" She looked across the table to the small woman with the same smile that she'd shown Sage. "What is your village like?"

As she asked her questions, Todo returned with a handful of staff toting in plates of food for them. "Thank you everyone." She said loudly and in a clear voice. "Thank you, Todo." She said in a softer voice. Right away she went for the saki, holding the bottle gently and delicately as she poured herself, Todo, Sage, and Ninelle all a little refreshment. "Cheers. to good company and good food?" She said as she slid her glass to the center of the table where the other glasses were. She knew Ninelle would not be able to lift her glass, if she would even drink, so she tapped their glasses together for the fairy. "This is another lovely spread, Todo. You never disappoint, please join us. I don't know what we would do if you ever choose to leave us."

Orikanyo Orikanyo SilverFeathers SilverFeathers NeramoDJI NeramoDJI

Last edited:
Sage Litwile
1658089338121.png
Sage slowly watched the cart roll in, smiling a little as he looked back towards Zetian once he realized it was the food coming, smiling a bit. "Well, they've been dangerous, but I'm just trying to do what my mom and dad would always have wanted me to do. Be strong, and show the world what I can be." He said cheerfully, fluttering around the area before landing back on his sword. "This is the first time you've talked to the bigger people Ninelle? That's weird, I've never actually talked to another fairy before." He said with a tilt of his head, smiling a bit at the girl. He was glad to have met another of his kind, but it was something different of what he expected.

Sage chuckled a little bit at her saying happy moon festival, figuring that wasn't something that was just typically said, instead fluttering over to the food, getting a small amount for himself. However, unlike the ravenous hunger one would expect from him, he actually seemed to pace himself rather slowly, sitting in what would usually be a cross legged stance, if he had both of his legs. He ate his food in small portions, even for someone his own size, closing his eye and simply enjoying what he was able to eat as he went.

He looked up at Todo, smiling at him and the servers.
"Thank you Mister Todo and all of you! And thank you as well Misses Zetian, I haven't seen this much food in a long long time." He said with a smile, raising his glass up, smiling. "To our careers. May they go well into our old ages." He said, a mite bit calmer than he usually was.

Todo Sawl
ETkzSnkXYAMpXUB.jpg
Small, poliet, ever so sweet, he was chuffed, utterly chuffed at thei continued kindness. "I-I shall pass along the praise my lords and ladies. The kitchen staff shall be over joyed to hear such kind words of appreciation." He took a moment to spy a slice of ham, and quietly take a piece as he was bidden by his madam. "I'm likely not to leave over long if I do, despite the issues, this is a home. And I have many a friend here..." he pauses to consider it, a backstabbing thought of who might consider a pig like him a friend. It caused him to lightly sigh.

"I shall always be but a messenger away with theee portals, snort." The mention of magic excited him back up. "I've no clue how they do it, snort, but the portals are amazing! I'm not allowed to use them without speacial permission here in the empire but truely they are fascinating!" He seemed happy with the thought of useing one.

"Perhaps one day i'll be able to learn such magics... Ah... Sorry, I am prattling..." he paused yet again, then an idea popped up.

"Hmm, I wonder if they will need me for the ring soon... I'm not much a fighter like you Sir Sage, but I do put on a show."

Ninelle Lifeblossom

At Zetian's question, Ninelle crossed her arms in contemplation before responding. "I'm a nature fairy like my parents, so I help out with the fields, tending to crops and flowers and stuff." At first, she spoke relatively confidently, but as she moved to the topic of her hometown, her words started to slow down a little. "My village... is a lovely place. We have mushroom houses of all sizes, hollowed out from the inside with the help of everyone in the village, glowing flower lanterns swaying in the wind, some attached with little bells or windchimes and amazingly friendly people. Despite the huge size of the village, there wasn't a name you didn't know. You would always find young fire and water fairies having fun and slinging magic at each other, I think there was quite a bit of friendly rivalry between the two." She couldn't help but smile behind her mask, lost in the memories.

"I think there also used to be a huge tree we liked to gather around in the evenings, singing songs and dancing to wind down after a hard day's work. I remember... there used to be an old fairy that made the best moonpetal cookies too, maybe that's why I like them so much." She continued softly, not even realizing she had slipped into past tense accidentally. "I think there... Uh... Sorry, I can't quite remember much more. I had an accident recently that made me lose some memories." She scratched her head bashfully before continuing to munch with her head lowered.

"This is really good by the way, thank you again." She hummed before turning to her fellow fairy. "We seem to come from completely different worlds, Sage. Most of the fae I know prefer hiding from big creatures and living in seclusion, because it's very dangerous for us to be out in the open. Just look! If a giant accidentally swatted us or stepped on us, we would be more than dead. But, I suppose we've just been raised differently." Ninelle pondered and reasoned out loud, before reaching out for another moonpetal seed, this one instead dusted with lots of seasoning. Todo's talk of portals was super interesting to Ninelle, she always loved hearing more about the wonders and capabilities of magic. "Me too. Teleportation magic seems like a fun thing to look into." She contemplated out loud, though she did have other priorities at the moment. "No pressure and good luck to both of you, whether you choose to take part or not Todo." She swung her legs on the edge of her pillow seat with a smile.

Wu Zetian

Sage was the sweetest person, perhaps second only to her own, Todo. Was that what it took to be a member of the Adventurer's Guild? Rather than waste her energy on that she chose to instead focus on the fun that they were all having. "To our careers." Zetian cheered. She had worked hard to get to where she was today and Sage's body was proof that he'd gone through many trials was still going. "I am sure that your parents are very proud of yu, Mr. Litwile. Where are they now?" Zetian expressed softly. She didn't know the first thing about parents, but certainly their son's strength and his accomplishments would be something that made them happy.

Her eyes slowly shifted to Todo, listening to his words made her happy and then again somewhat sad. The Empire was not welcoming to his kind, yet he felt that this was his home. What a toxic relationship to have with your community. But hearing that he was a fan of magic gave her an idea. Todo was deserving of a gift, of some small moment of happiness that did not revolve around, The Forbidden City Brothel. She took a sip of her drink and then took a bite of a sandwich, wiping her mouth of crumbs when she finished. "It is almost time for the fights to start. The staff should be getting things ready now and if you two want to participate, then perhaps you should be as well."

When Ninelle started to speak, Zetian noticed that the young woman began to speak in the past tense, as if these were things she could not do anymore. Zetian knew not to press such a topic for it could ruin the mood that they had going. "You're very welcome Ninelle." Zetian took another sip of her saki and then cleared her throat. "Why don't we head up to the arena now? Ninella, you can be my guest, we can watch the fights together if you like. Are we all finished eating?"

Orikanyo Orikanyo NeramoDJI NeramoDJI SilverFeathers SilverFeathers

Sage Litwile
1658089338121.png
Sage smiled a little at the stories of home, looking towards Ninelle after he had pushed his now empty little plate away. "That sounds great. But I can't imagine living in a mushroom, not after living in a big home like this one." Sage said with a hum, fluttering around in the air, smiling at Todo. "Well, I hope I get a good opponent. I haven't had a chance to fight anyone in a long time." He said happily, looking towards Wu zetian afterwards.

"My parents...?" He asked softly, before shaking his head a moment. "I don't know where they are. They left for work one day, and never came back. So I grabbed my stuff, and I went out to look for them. So now I'm here!" He said happily, his hands on his hips as he fluttered in the air, a wide smile on his face. "I'll find them one day though, I'm sure of it!" He said, determination clear in his voice.

He turned towards Ninelle with a chuckle, smiling.
"If a big person tries to step on me, I'll just throw them! No one can look down on me." He said pridefully, sitting down on the table. "You guys just lead the way to the arena, I can't wait to be in another fight. Oh, Mrs. Zetian, can I use my sword? Or can I only use my bare hands." He asked, understanding of either option, since his sword wouldn't likely be non-lethal

Users who are viewing this thread

Back