• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.
Todo Sawl

He could have went hard on this meal... But he decided to be nice and polite, last thing he wanted was to be rude and insult the guests with his piggish side. Though deep inside he knew... he could wait for leftovers... There were lots at the end of the day... Food had to go somewhere right? better than wasting it if its still edible.. Ah, but.. for now anyways.

But.. it was time.

"I'm more or less a side show, played up for the crowd. But there is some degree of proper fighting to be had. Sometimes I even win on a good day." the pig man was not the strongest by far, but he certainly looked to have weight behind him.

"Weaponry is decided at the start of each match, provided by the house or by the warrior in question. Only mostly their props or blunt, so its not often... Same to be said with armor. Typically its the first to fall on their back, or submit.. Its immoral and.. Decidedly inefficent to go to the death." he spoke of it, but seemed abit nervous nonetheless about the whole ordeal.

"I believe I shall excuse myself my lady. i need to get dressed for the occasion.. And sew that hole in the mask..." he scratched his hog nose, giving a bow before retreating. "I shall tell the others to prepare the viewing area as well madam." and with a dutiful bow he slipped out, his sillhouette showing him quickly speaking to somebody, before they disappeared.

Last edited:
Ninelle Lifeblossom

Realizing she had stalled in her eating with all her blabbering and nostalgic memories, she hurriedly stuffed the last of her meal in her face before replying. "I'm done. And yes, I would like that um, Ms Zetian." She nodded both cautiously and politely, recalling the way Sage addressed the elegant lady, though with her size such an action would be hard to discern by the bigger folk at all. Downing the last drops of her waterskin, she quickly refilled it with the clear liquid from the giant glass she was given, wanting to at least save it for later before all the dishes were taken away.

Sage was a sweet boy. He seemed both naive and simple, yet it was that simplicity made him strong. Ninelle somewhat wished she could be as determined and strong-willed as he was. She smiled at his brute but understandable reply, before fluttering over to Zetian's side. "That's true. If anyone, big or small, got on your bad side, I think they'd be done for." She couldn't help but chuckle back, before listening to everyone discussing the arena rules and preparations.

"Goodbye Todo! I'll be cheering for you!" She waved, unable to suppress her excitement. It had been a while since she got to watch some battles, so she couldn't help but have some eager anticipation for what was to come. For a palace such as this, the fanfare and action would be great no?

Zetian hadn't expected to hear that Sage's parents were missing, or that he had left home with the intention of finding them. He was certainly brave, especially for someone of his height and age. "I am certain that you will find them one day soon, Sage." How could he not with such determination and positivity. "Swords I'm afraid, are not allowed tonight." Zetian replied, countering what Todo had said. She could not imagine the fairy swinging his blade with the hope of slicing someone open. It was certainly an unexpected question. "And we've never held an execution here. We do allow nobles to bring their slaves here and enter them into the arena as gladiators however."

Zetian wasn't sure what Todo was saying or trying to accomplish, but she would correct his quick mouth later on. She waved goodbye to the pig as he said his farewells. When Ninelle came closer, Zatian offered her shoulder to the little fairy, having noticed that her wings were not the same, she figured it was not as easy to fly for her as it was for Sage. She also couldn't help but notice that Ninelle had filled her waterskin with alcohol, it was something Zetian supported, but the fairy did not seem like the type to partake of such drinks.

"We will be cheering for both Todo and Sage." Zetian expressed as she got up from the table. Outside the room, footsteps could be heard as guests and staff moved in packs to the higher floors. Zetian, Sage, and Ninelle would join the sea of people, but be afforded a degree of space for traveling with the madam. Taiko drums would begin to ring out as the arena room filled up with people. Now all the drunken guests' faces could be seen, a cluster of red tint in the crowd as the seats filled up. The colorful outfits of the men and women who worked here dotting the audience and breaking up the monotone hue of the guests.

Zetian took Sage and Ninelle to her seat, a throne-like chair raised up on a platform, far from the drums, and as those drums became silent, Zetian moved to the edge of the platform. "Welcome everyone to the Summer Moon Festival battle!" She threw her hands up into the air and the crowd erupted with excitement and cheers to rival that of the drums. She dropped one hand, commanding silence, and she got it as the workers shushed their clients. "Tonight we have a new combatant who I daresay might be the strongest we have ever seen! Please welcome to the arena, Sage Litwile!" Zetian stepped aside and opened her palm to Sage. "He will be competing against the house's very own Not-so-lean, mean fighting machine, the Whole Hog!!" She opened her other palm to the side door where Todo would enter from.

"The rules are simple! First to put their enemy on their back wins!" Zetian returned to her seat, the crowd now cheering freely and making side bets with one another. The madam sat down in her seat and leaned back, making herself comfortable. She waved her hand at the drummers and they started up a slow, suspenseful beat. "Let the battle begin!" Zetian turned to look at Ninelle. "Care to wager, Ninelle?"

Orikanyo Orikanyo SilverFeathers SilverFeathers NeramoDJI NeramoDJI

Sage Litwile
1658089338121.png
Sage shrugged a bit at being told he couldn't use his sword, simply picking it up and smiling. "Aww, okay. I'm used to not fighting with one anyways. My first monster kill was before I had it." He said with a big smile, grabbing the leather strap it had and holding it beneath himself. He was gonna carry it with him until the fight, he didn't want to accidentally forget it. Sophie almost killed him the last time he told her he needed a new sword since the last one broke. He needed to learn not to swing it so hard. "Exactly ninelle, and now I can show off! If that eyepatch guy is in the crowd, he's gonna see what'll happen to him if he raises his voice at me again!" He said with childish glee, despite the threatening undertone of his words. He gave a wave to Todo as he left to get his mask done, Sage looking forward to the friendly battle he would be allowed to have here.

He fluttered along with Zetian, not taking a seat on her shoulder despite wanting to, since if he tried to rest on her while he held his sword, he might crush the poor woman. The blade was incredibly heavy, and he knew that even the bigger people couldn't often handle it. He fluttered along with the Missus, smiling as he floated along the air. He smiled at the big crowd, having never fought for entertainment before. But he supposed this would mean he'd have to try and be flashy instead of just focusing on killing. Well, not that he would want to kill Todo, Todo was nice. So he would have to adjust how he fought. Like those bandits he spared in Norroburry.

He left his sword next to Zetian's seat, smiling a little bit. "Could you make sure no one steals my sword Mrs. Zetian? Sophie won't be happy if I lose another one." He asked before his introduction, leaving the sword leaned against the wall. As he began to float into her palm when she held it out, smiling as he fluttered down to the arena, laughing as he went. "Lets do this!" He cheered, landing on the sand and almost stumbling, not used to landing on only one leg still. He would probably need some kind of walking stick at some point.

He looked, making sure he would see where Todo was coming from, a grin on his little face as he stanced up, his hands balled into fists in front of his face as he got ready to attack when Todo walked out, smiling as the round was announced to begin.

THE WHOLE HOG
ETkzSnkXYAMpXUB.jpg

Kicking up dust with each step the Porc strode into the arena. His name called, he stood in the slight shadow of the opening, his eyes closed for a moment... He took in a deep breath, let it out, once again. In, out...

Focus Todo... Focus... Mean.. Gotta act mean.. Put on a show and try not to get too beat up.

You got this... Just another fight like the rest...

Atop his head was a burlap sack for a mask, it had space for his eyes and nose to poke out, but the roughness of it was all part of the plan, even if it was super itchy.

Stepping into the light he looked to the crowd and let out a loud bellow. "OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHH YEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

ITS TIME FOR THE WHOLE HOG TO SHAKR THIS BUILDIN' DOWN BROTHER!!!

YOU BETTER BE READY PUNY CAUSE I'M GONNA GIVE YOU THE WHOLE HOG BROTHER!!!

OOOOOH YEEEEAAAA!" He put on his absolute best Randy "Macho Man" Savage impression he could letting his voice just ring out into the arena.

"CAN YOU HANDLE ALL THIS PUNY MAN!? GONNA CRUSH YOU WITH ONE HAND BEHIND MY BACK BROTHER! EVEN ONE LEG TOO! BUT DON'T YOU THINKIN' YOU CAN HOG TIE THIS BOAR NO NO NO BROTHER IT'S TIME FOR A REEEEEAAAAAL SQUEEEAAAAAL!!!"

God he loved that last line.

He held his ground for the first part, he'd seen just how strong this little fairy was.. He.. Just hoped he wouldn't get too beat up for this.

Does the fairy know this is a staged thing? He better not or this may get ugly.

...Oh god please hold back cute little fairy!!!

Skills used Intimidation F

Ability used on Sage(likely ineffective)
  • Beastial Roar, Intimidation F, The user lets out a deep bellow from within! Aiming to scare away any a singular foe! maybe, if it works, try not to cry as you yell. Grade F 0 Cooldown

Ninelle Lifeblossom

Ninelle was momentarily startled and confused by Zetian's actions, but as the reasoning for the human's gestures towards her shoulder clicked in her mind, she very happily obliged. She was no stranger to sneakily hitchhiking on the backs of creatures and beasts, but to be willingly offered a seat was another matter itself. It was obvious to her that Sage and herself were receiving special treatment merely because of their rare race, but she still felt that this giant princess was kinder than she expected. It was unfortunate that Zetian didn't seem to talk much of herself, instead primarily asking them all questions instead. She would've liked to get to know her better, but alas, it was not her place to pry into a noble's affairs.

Smiling faintly for a moment, the fairy's thoughts were quickly overwhelmed by the flood of people, especially as they too joined the flow. Wary of the huge, rowdy crowd, an honestly rare sight in both of her lifetimes, she held onto Zetian's shoulder for dear life, subconsciously crinkling the vibrant silk in her grip. It was only once they reached the distant princess's throne that she felt her heart settle, smiling and cheering alongside everyone else as Zetian welcomed everyone. "Oh! They're fighting each other? Who do I cheer for?!" Ninelle expressed her frustrations aloud, looking back and forth between the stumbling Sage and the masked Todo.

In all honestly, especially with Todo's words earlier, she was 90% sure that Sage was to take victory home today but...

"GOOOOO TODO!!! BEAT HIM UP!!! SHOW HIM THE MIGHT OF THE WHOLE HOG!!!"

What could she say? She was a fan of underdogs. Drinking some of the strange tasting water from her waterskin to quell the pain of shouting till her throat was hoarse, she turned back towards Zetian with excited eyes. "I don't have any empire currency to wager with, nor anything that would really be of value to you, but..."

Ninelle suddenly smiled, making small winds with the erratic fluttering of her wings. "How about we make a personal bet Ms Zetian?"

"If Todo wins, you owe me a small favour. And if Sage wins, I'll owe you a small favour!" She couldn't help but laugh by the end of her words, quite proud of herself for coming up with this little idea. Owing Zetian was fine, it would be a way of paying her back for her unprompted kindness this evening. And if Ninelle herself won the bet, she'd maybe ask for a moonpetal seed in good condition to take away with her, another token of home if you will, or for memory of this day. She was flexible with the outcome, after all, either way, both situations were win-win for her!

1659574295200.pngWu Zetian

Zetian didn't normally get too excited for arena nights, aside from the fact that they brought in a pretty coin, but she cared very little for the violence of it. Fight Nights began as a way to appease her two allies, one a noble and the other a thief, both looking for ways to watch the other group pay. So the nobles send their champions and the criminals throw themselves in the ring in the hopes of embarrassing the other group and taking their money in the process. The house of course takes its percentage from all bets, off the top. So while she could see it go, she let it stay for the money and the alliances it brought her.

What she also liked about the arena right now was how excited it had gotten the small fairy woman. Zetian couldn't believe how hard she was cheering for Todo or how fast she was to make a bet. "Very well, I'll place my bet on Sage then." Zetian couldn't lie, now she was excited to see the outcome of this fight and she knew that Todo would plan to throw the fight, but would take Ninelle's bet all the same. "And I accept your conditions. Now let us see who is the better judge of a fighter." As the battle started, the crowd became hush, letting Todo's battle cry ring out over the room.

(Todo's intimidation tactics would work, as Sage's intelligence is not high enough to counter it. It's effectiveness would be low however.)

SilverFeathers SilverFeathers Orikanyo Orikanyo NeramoDJI NeramoDJI

Sage Litwile

1658089338121.png
When he heard the cries of Todo, he smiled a bit, until the bellowing yell came out, where Sage stumbled a little bit, the sheer volume of it reminding him of the rumbling from when Vrel had dropped all those boulders on him. He frowned a bit as the phantom pains of his bones breaking echoed for a moment, standing up and looking at Todo, a much more serious expression on his face. He couldn't afford to play around in any fight, else he could lose his other eye or worse.

"Come on then Todo! LET'S DANCE!" He cried out, his wings fluttering himself towards Todo as he raised his fists in front of his face protectively, diving towards the beastman with a fist cocked back, throwing a punch towards the pig mans gut, throwing his back into it, before his wings suddenly stopped fluttering, intent on dodging the counter attack by dropping to the ground like a rock, rolling along the ground after the punch. He had been through battles for his life many times now, and his developing mind still had a bit of a hard time telling the difference between them and friendly bouts, since he'd never been in one before. So for now, he'd be taking this just as serious as before, but no intent to kill like all the rest of his battles excluding Zylfs trial.

Todo Sawl
ETkzSnkXYAMpXUB.jpg

Todo braced himself for what he knew was coming, the fairy was speeding forward like a bullet and in truth he knew he had no chance to dodge. He had to try to absorb the blow with all his might! He sucked in a breath and hardened himself for the incoming impact, his gut that of... Fat laden iron!!

But...

But......

He was not ready for the strength. His defenses shattered and his body shook with the sheer power of the blow. All the breath and fight left him in the fraction of a second, there was no pain really felt, because it was so sudden, his brain immedately went into shock. He let out a rough weeze as the last of the air slipped out like a balloon deflating, a small gurgle.

Then the titanic boarman fell forwards towards Sage, his much larger size over shadowed the small fairy a good bit, but it was very, very clear Todo's mind had left the scene entirely.

He was in another place, in another time, remembering his past life with his beloved kitten Smeckles.

Thete he would stay in dreamland, away from the pain of the incoming bruise across his midsection.

And the possibly soon to be crushed fairy.

Ninelle Lifeblossom

"Ack, Sage, couldn't you have held back just a little?" Ninelle couldn't help but complain gently under her breath, wincing as the fairy's blow made contact with the pigman's stomach. From this distance, it was somewhat difficult to make out the specifics of the battle below, but just by watching Todo's expression she could tell he didn't hold back at all. She would've like to see Todo at least swing a punch or something, even if it was just for show, but alas, maybe next time she'd get to witness the Whole Hog's might. Adventurers from... what was it... Ryke? Were definitely not to be underestimated it seemed!

Though, watching intently as the giant's body fell, Ninelle couldn't help but have a momentary flash of fear for the fae warrior's safety. But as she recalled his confident words just before battle, she felt she had nothing to worry about... right?

"Um, please forgive my rudeness Ms Zetian, but I hope you have genuinely capable healers at the ready." The bubbling of anxiety made her speak up, even against the fear of being potentially scolded, beheaded or imprisoned for impertinence or what have you. Todo and Sage were nice, friendly people. And though she didn't think that this would be that serious, it was somewhat unbearable watching Todo lie there motionless, and being unable to locate Sage for the moment.

Orrius

Watching with widened eyes from the sidelines of the arena, Orrius couldn't believe his eyes when he saw the little fairy knock out the giant pigman in a single hit. "No way... what just happened?" He asked aloud, to no one in particular. Looking at the matchup, a sane person would think that the fairy would be the one struggling against the much larger and bulky beastman. The fairy would teach Orrius a lesson that he still had much more to learn about this very world.

As for what the young boy was doing all the way out here, he figured that while his captain was off running some errands, he could spare some time to explore new lands and enjoy the different cultures and cuisine. His journey would eventually lead him to this very place, where he would witness an arena duel. It reminded him of the place he'd last visit, Goldcrest, the place where various martial artists gathered to train together. Shifting his gaze down to the floor, he thought to himself, if only he were stronger... maybe he could've protected the grandmaster.......

Then, shaking his head, he would remind himself that he was here to have fun, not to dwell on the past any further. Thinking back to the small fairy, he wondered how he'd fare against it. His magic arsenal were full of spells that brought forth area destruction, so if the fairy could take the beating, it was game over for the boy. He shuddered when he imagined the fairy coming out unscathed, before charging right at him. In that case, he just had to get stronger!

Last edited:
Wu Zetian

The madam was bewildered, not by the results of the match, but by the speed with which it was ended. She sat on the edge of her seat, eyes wide and her jaw on the floor as she watched the the Whole Hog collapse, landing on top of their tiny competitor. While this of course meant that she had won her bet with Ninelle, Zetian was now worried about her employee. She directed her gaze to the other competitors, all of which were standing in shock as well, until they spotted the Madam looking to them. They hurried t o the center of the arena, rushing to push Todo over. "They may both need a medic." Zetian whispered to Ninelle.

The men and women in the ring heaved Todo up onto his side and quickly snatched Sage from underneath the boar. They rushed him to the platform where Zetian's throne sat and laid him down. "Sage?" The dark-haired woman leaned forward, staring at the fairy as the other fighters attempted to wake him up. "Ninelle, will you check on Todo?" As he was technically meant to be a slave, Zetian could not show attention to his well-being over that of one of her guests.

1659910200077.png"The Whole Hog loses yet another fight, and this time to an opponent he should have beaten." A cynical voice rose in the crowd as the noble, Lord Honda cast his doubts about the match. He was no fan of the pig, but when he had placed his money on the pig, he hoped to win in such a situation. Now he just felt cheated. "Out of my way boy." Honda shoved Orrius, pushing the small man out of his way as he moved through the crowd to the center of the arena. "You useless piece of dead weight." He cursed Todo's existence, kicking some of the arena sand into the pig's face.

Orikanyo Orikanyo SilverFeathers SilverFeathers Lulidew Lulidew

Sage Litwile

1658089338121.png
When those who approached got close enough, it would be apparent that Todo was actually lifting up slowly, as Sage was under him and fluttering his wings, lifting the large pigman, before slowly setting the large beastman down, not wanting to harm the man with the fall. He slowly fluttered around a moment, before looking down at the new friend he had made and subsequently knocked the fugg out. "Aw no, I hit too hard.... I even tried to hold back t-" He said with clear fatigue, looking over Todo with concern, sure that he would be fine enough since Sage held back quite a bit with that punch. However, he had been strained from holding Todo up from how fragile the small boy was, passing out in the air and landing on the ground.

He was unconscious for the time, his mind completely checked out of his body for the time being. He'd be up soon, but was sleeping for a little bit since he needed a bit of rest after that. He had also been flying all day, so now he was just sleeping. As he was poked and prodded, he balled up a little bit, with his wings fluttering slowly in his sleep. He was asleep for the time being, but he was starting to twitch a bit in his sleep for some reason, starting to shift uncomfortably.

Ninelle Lifeblossom

The sight of everyone roughly shoving Todo aside only to save Sage, pierced Ninelle's heart like a needle. She understood very clearly that beastmen were seen as lesser here, but that didn't mean she would easily be able to accept such discrimination. Watching them all fuss over the little fairy, whom she could tell was merely sleeping and hadn't sustained a scratch due to their similar size, only left a bitter taste in her mouth. Of course, she was concerned for Sage too, but...

Ms Zetian's plea rekindled a little bit of hope in her heart, as she hurriedly nodded and zoomed to the giant pigman's side. With her wings in overdrive, she reached him just in time to catch a long-haired giant's insults and actions.

Immediately, Ninelle saw red. Landing carefully atop Todo's snout, she hurriedly brought forth blooming lotus flowers, blocking the sand from reaching his face. Briefly watching the sand sift through the petals and fall to the side before the flowers dispersed in the wind, she stared at the giant for a moment before fussing over the unconscious boar. "Ack, Todo, are you alright? Can you hear me?" She asked anxiously with hurried words, moving her position to that of his shoulder as she shook him gently. He seemed to be breathing fine so most of the weight in her heart was alleviated, but she wouldn't be completely at ease until she saw him open his eyes.

Ability used:
  • Flower Bed (Grade E / 1 Post CD)
    • Magic E, Nature Affinity F
    • Create large soft flowers to cushion a fall/blow or act as platforms nearby for 1 second

Orrius

"Hey!" The boy would let out a yelp as a businessman would push past him. What was his problem? Orrius glared at the man's back as he seemed to be hurrying into the arena. If he wanted to, perhaps he could strike this very man down with his magic and escape through the crowd... Malicious thoughts swirled in the boy's mind, but he took a deep breath to calm himself down, realizing that this man probably had bodyguards anyway and it would only create more problems for himself if he were to step out of line.

However, with his gaze still on this man, he would watch as Honda berated Todo, kicking sand into his face while he was down on the ground. The pigman was already out for the count, and yet he still dared to kick him while he was down? Clenching his fists tightly, he'd once again try his best holding himself back. Just then, another fairy would appear to lend aid to the beastman. Orrius would watch the scene with curious eyes. Up till today, he had only heard of the existence of fairies from books, never really encountering them himself.

Todo Sawl
"Fucking useless!" The sound of a slap echoed in the room, followed by a squeal and more wimpering. "You wana cry? I'll give you something to cry about!" The flurry of slaps continued, a depressing drum beat of anger and frustration at one who, in the one applying it, deserves it.

The young boy sniffled and mewed in pain, hiding himself in this own arms. The father took another drink from the bottle nearby, the third today. "Will you shut him up? I can't hear the god damn game!" A female voice called from the living room nearby, the young boy was huddled over in the kitchen floor, creating a puddle of his own tears from his chubby face.

"Tsk, get up! Tell me, why am I doing this?" The father pulled the boy to his feet, he wanted to run, but he wouldn't get far... Just like last time. He'd be pulled back here, and given it worse than this.

"B-b-bec-bec-"

"Because of this! A god damn F? In gym? I didn't raise a fucking pansey! Fat piece of shit!"

The young boy trembled with each word.

"I-i'm so-"

"I don't want to fucking hear it! Go to your room and don't come out!"

The father stood up, the bottle draging on the table as he left, the boy stuck in place, until he was from the kitchen. It was only then he ran, into his room just down the hall.

He slammed the door shut, cutting off the world...

ETkzSnkXYAMpXUB.jpg
Todo woke with a start, his body... really hurt.. Really... Really hurt... The mask was unpleasant and he felt sweaty all over. His right eye was blinking away dirt, but he breathed in hard. His left eye looked up, spotting... The little fairy... Oh... How sweet of her to come down and see if hes okay... Who was the other person... Ah...

He didned look at the fellow, he just held his hand over his stomache whete a massive bruise was proping up, he began to shakily stand, dragging himself from the arena... He would not speak as of this moment, he however would try to keep himself steady by the wall. Once out of sight of the people, he gasped and panted.

"Gods, god, anything, ugh it hurts much worse than usual..." he exclaimed, even if Niniella didn't follow into the darker hidden underground of the arena, some attendants were nearby, getting stuff still prepared, nobody expected a sudden event like Sage's win. Normally it was a drawn out affair.

"Little fairy? Are you there? Gods... Ugh.. My eye... Is the little one safe? The Sage fairy? Is he okay?" Despite his pain, he worried... He did fall forward, he could bare to live with himself if he hurt such a small thing... He rubbed his right eye, getting dirt out... He must've hit the ground hard...

SilverFeathers SilverFeathers LadyOfStars LadyOfStars

A medic rushed to Sage's side to check the fairy's conidiation and in the beastmen quarters, where all the slave fighters prepared for the arena, a fellow beastwoman approach Todo and started to examine him She was the unofficial medic for the slave fighters and although she had not received the kind of education her counterpart would have, her experience with treating wounds greatly outweighed their books. "You don't seem to have any major injuries." 1660069967488.pngShe started by reassuring Todo. "I can't be too sure of the condition of your stomach however as the bruise will be a big source of your pain." She stepped away and started to prepare a few items to help relieve the boar's discomfort. Meanwhile a magic healer came to Sage's side and with a with a wave of their hand, enveloped the fairy in a soothing, healing, green aura. "What a rare sight. A fairy with the strength of ten men, at least!" The spellcaster declared with a mischievous grin stretched across their face. The other fighters were gathered around Sage, curious to see what would become of the fairy.1660070766717.png

Orrius tone did not go ignored and without a delay a member of the brothel staff emerged from the crowd to offer him some assistance. "Are you alright sir?" Asked a young woman who stood over him with an attentive stare. She was rather tall and dressed in a simple sun dress the same shade as her hair. "Did you need refreshments or anything? I'm sure the fights will be back underway very soon." 1660071280261.png

Lord Honda watched the pig take hi leave, rolling his eyes at the fairy who had interrupted him. When his vision came back into focus however, Zetian was standing in the sandy arena with him. "Lord Honda, I would ask that you do not disrespect my property." She quickly scolded. "I do not come to your home or any of you many establishments and assault those working under you." She kept her poise and her grace, standing tall with her chin slightly elevated and her hands lightly clasped as she informed the noble that his actions were not appropriate. Her eyes cut like daggers, staring at the man without blinking. "And before you make a whitty remark I remind you that in my house, nobles are not very popular, not with my guests or my employees." The two of them had a tenuous partnership and were it not for his gold, Zetian wouldn't tolerate him. So while she wouldn't throw him out, she wanted to let him know she could.

To that, Honda scoffed and simply turned away. Shooting Ninelle a dirty look as he did. "Ninelle, are you alright? Thank you for protecting, Todo like you did."

Lulidew Lulidew Orikanyo Orikanyo SilverFeathers SilverFeathers NeramoDJI NeramoDJI

Sage Litwile

1658089338121.png
Sage felt the healing energy wash over him, the fatigue fading away as he slowly opened his eyes, a silent glance around the room as he slowly sat up. He looked up at the healer who woke him up, starting to stand up slowly, before trying to take a step and falling over because he had no second leg, and had forgotten for a moment. He looked back at it, pouting a bit as he sat on the ground. "Thank you for the help!" He called up to the larger person, starting to flap his wings to start flying again. "Is Mr. Todo okay? I didn't mean to knock him out in one punch." He asked, needing to check up on the piggie boy, even if Sage really wanted to know if he had more fights on the way for himself. Friends took precedent over fighting no matter how much Sage loved it.

However, as he spoke, there was a thought itching at the back of his mind driving him wild.
"It's time. You can't run anymore. They're waiting for you." The voice echoed in his mind, the image of that peaceful forest clearing flashing through his mind. He knew that he would have to return soon. He couldn't just take that defeat lying down. He needed to beat them, and his time to do so was closing slowly. He wanted revenge for his eye and leg.

Which meant he needed some more fights. As much as he liked Todo, he needed a greater challenge to test his skill here. Of course, he might not get that here, they seemed to just be fights for show, and not real bloodsport. He looked up towards the healer that healed him, fluttering around them a little bit and seeing the group down in the fight pit, humming a bit.
"Are there any more fights for me? Or am I only allowed to do one tonight?" He asked, looking at the healer with the one eye he had.

Ninelle Lifeblossom

Ninelle's eyes reddened slightly as she watched Todo shakily stand up without a word, tremblingly clearing the arena's premises for the next combatants despite his suffering. She wished she could help him, even if it was just to give him some fluffy flowers beneath his feet, but her hands still trembled from the abrupt spell she had forced out of her hands.

"Todo, I'm sorry." That I'm useless.

She muttered to herself, realizing all she could do was flutter around and express her concern. If only she was as strong as Sage, then she could easily help carry or support him to a place for him to rest. Ninelle hadn't really realized how helpless she was, or had become, before today. If anything, this was a wakeup call.

"Sage is fine! Don't worry, I caught a glimpse of him before I came over, he's just resting now." She quickly reassured him with hurried words, before continuing on with a somewhat frustrated tone. "Just focus on yourself for now."

At the arrival of a medic, a beastwoman with white fur, Ninelle nodded to her as thanks and acknowledgement before excusing herself, hoping to find and reassure Zetian. Just as she re-reached the arena, she once again met eyes with the long-haired giant that had insulted Todo, her eyes showing no remorse or regret for her interference. Staring him down as he left, she only turned to Zetian with a smile as she was addressed.

"I'm alright, and Todo should be too, though he's in worse shape than Sage. He's receiving medical treatment right now. I hope he recovers okay." She couldn't help but trail into expressing her worries, before remaining in silent thought for a moment.

"...that man. If you don't mind me asking, who is he? If I've sowed the seeds of animosity today, I'd like to know who my potential new enemy is." She spoke up with an unusual solemnity, staring silently at Zetian's expression.

Orikanyo Orikanyo LadyOfStars LadyOfStars

Todo Sawl
ETkzSnkXYAMpXUB.jpg

"Ugh..." Is all he could really say to the medic at first. He breathed heavily, in, and out, in and.. Out... Okay... Slowly... He waited for a time for the medical woman to do her work.. He knew what was coming though, something unpleasant to swallow and maybe something for the bruise... But... Damn... That hurt beyond belief...

It wasn't the first time he was beaten bad, but never like that...

"Maybe.. I'm not much of a fighter if fairies can do this..." the pigman sighed, finding a nearby stool and sitting upon it, he used it a few times before... It creaked, but, held steady. He held hos stomache however, moaning on occasion. "This hurt worse than the time we got the doorman in the pit... I've been hit by those bears but... The fairy was like a blunt spear! Urgh..." he froze with the pain, panting heavily.

"Hope I didn't crush him on the fall, normally... I'd fall back and take the fall after a big hit but.." he paused... Thinking...

"..He certain knocked me cold but... Did he hit the ground first...?"

The pigman asked, unsure about the whole thing... Did... No he lost surely, that was a HARD hit. Even if he somehow was the second to hit the dirt it didn't matter Sage beat him hard!

...But what did the crowd think...? Hrmm... He hoped he wasn't gonna get hit for this loss... He looked back, Lord Honda was walking away from the two, he wasn't far off but the pain kept him from really paying attention. He saw the Madam speaking to the fairy, he felt bad about this... Maybe he hurt Sage badly in the fall...?

Goodness... Could he keep doing this...? He often thought about it all, getting a way out... After all this time hes paid back in full on any debt... He was a free pig in all but name...

But... The conversation with the Madam was... One that stuck in his throat far to often... He had written notes but... It wouldn't be right to not speak to her. She has been kind... Kinder than others in this empire.. But if he was to go anywhere, he needed to get far out there...

"...I... Think I'm going to ask her... So I can leave..."

Orrius​

Seeing the staff approach him to offer him assistance, Orrius would calm himself down, remembering that he was here just to have fun and to enjoy the fight show. Well, it wasn't as if he was going to try killing the man just for shoving him so rudely. All he had in mind was to knock him off his feet with a burst of mana.

"Ah... yes please, I could use some refreshments." The boy would respond, curious about the kinds of food and drinks they served here. Looking back into the arena, it seemed that that same man was now being reprimanded by another woman. Serves him right!

As the staff would bring him the refreshments, Orrius would ask, "so... who are the next contenders?"

Zetian watched as Honda took his leave, glad to be rid of the whiny noble for now she could turn her focus to her guests. "Thank you Ninelle, that is the best news." To hear that everyone was or would be ok was all that she could hope for. "That man was Lord Honda, a guest and business partner of mine. You don't need to worry about threats from him, he isn't one to dirty his hands or that of others." She didn't think that Ninelle would be worried about Honda, the man was as harmless as he appeared to be. She didn't want the fairy to feel unsafe however. "He will likely take his leave for the night and bark at me the next time our paths cross." A smirk came to the madam's face, laughter stifled so as not to become too noisy for the small fairy.

Now that the trouble in the arena was dealt with she could see to her fighters and the rest of her guests. She approached sage with a smile that conveyed her relief and joy. Her expression also revealed that she had more to say. "I can't in good conscience allow you to continue fighting, it would be bad for business." She joked with a soft laugh. "Can't have you scaring away my best fighters." The other brawlers who had gathered around to check on Sage quickly

"Ladies and gentlemen! Our next fight will be begin soon! Please enjoy the refreshments while you wait." Zetian bowed her head in thanks to everyone. "I'm gong to check on Todo, will you both join me?" Although she extended an invitation to them both, Zetian would walk without them to go and investigate the Whole Hog's condition. He had been a confidant to her for some time now and she could not bare not knowing how he faired after the fight.

"Todo?" The sight of the medic securing a bandage around the pig's abdomen broke her heart, even though he did not seem to be in the worst possible condition. Todo was meant to be a jester of sorts so no real harm should ever come to him in the arena. "How are you feeling?" The madam inquired.

The woman sat down beside Orrius, keeping some distance between the two of them as she made herself comfortable. The arena was being cleaned up and the fighters were preparing for the next bout. "The next fighter is a personal favorite of mine. He goes by the name, The Boulder. I believe his opponent is one of Lord Honda's men." Her gaze shifted to Orrius, examining the rather young looking face. "May I ask what brought you to the Forbidden City, sir?"

Sage Litwile

1658089338121.png
When Sage saw Ninelle and Zetian walk back into his room, he smiled a little bit at them and fluttered over. "Hi Mrs. Zetian! Hi Ninelle!" He said with a big smile on his face, however, there was a clear determination in his eye aside from the very happy tone he spoke to them with. He listened to her tell him he couldn't fight anymore, frowning a little. "Aww, okay. I should probably sleep more anyway, I have a long journey tomorrow." He said with a smile on his face, deciding he'd elaborate a little bit.

"You've been really nice, both of you, and Todo, I'm happy to have met you guys. But, I can't hide anymore. I'm going back to that forest with the goddess. I need to show them I can win. I've grown a lot since then. I'll come back afterwards though! But, if I'm not back, I'm dead." He said, looking up at the fairy and giant woman. He wanted to be here longer, but he couldn't, not in good conscience. He looked up at them, a big innocent smile on his face.

"I'll join you to check on Todo though, I didn't mean to hit him that hard." He said sheepishly, intent on going back to bed after checking on the large beast man, wanting to be as well rested as possible for his journey and oncoming battles. He knew the importance of sleep after the long journey's he had been making. He fluttered in, looking at Todo and waving silently, sheepish at how hard he hit the pig man. "A-Are you okay Todo?"

Last edited:
Orrius

"The Boulder, huh..." Orrius imagined a man with a massive build, shaped like a round boulder. When the lady would shift her gaze to the boy, he would shyly look at the ground while answering her. "Oh, I'm just a wanderer, visiting different places to enjoy the sights and the different cultures." He would continue to snack on the refreshments, uninterested in delving further on his identity.

Ninelle Lifeblossom

"Lord?" Ninelle momentarily paused, realizing that human was more of a big shot than she originally thought. For a split second, she almost regretted her defensive actions, but even if she were to restart the whole scene, she felt she would've stepped in for Todo all the same. I mean, he and Zetian literally gave her a free feast that could feed her entire village, such kindness naturally must be repaid.

Zetian's words of reassurance about Lord Honda were appreciated with a smile by Ninelle, though a part of her was still apprehensive and in doubt. A human does not see the world the same way a tiny fairy like she does. Even in a fit of anger, he could easily just slap her out of the blue and end her life if she was unlucky. Still, she was thankful to Zetian, regardless of if she took her words to heart or not. "Thank you, I just hope I didn't stir any unnecessary trouble." She chuckled alongside her before following her towards their other fairy friend.

"Hi Sage! I'm glad you seem as lively as ever." She began, fluttering her wings happily to see him out and about, though she became still as she listened to his determination. The way he talked about his death so nonchalantly was both startling and awe-inspiring. To have so much drive to do something, even knowing the heavy risk of death, was something she both couldn't comprehend and respected.

"I'm happy to have met you too! You know Sage, you're really, really inspiring, and probably the most courageous fairy I've ever met. If there's anyone that can achieve anything they set their mind to, I think it would be you. You've got this! I believe in you! Show that goddess what's what!" She cheered with a fiery passion, sincerely wanting him to succeed. She would await the day they would meet again, having achieved whatever it is he's trying to achieve.

"I'll join you! I was actually already planning on visiting him again too, before I take my leave for tonight." She decided after a surprised pause. This was the farthest she had been from home, and for so long too, so she couldn't help but feel a little warily protective of the state of her village ruins, and homesick. Fluttering after the pair, Ninelle felt that her organic wing felt a bit over-exerted so she hopped atop Zetian's shoulder again, listening attentively to hear about Todo's condition from the pigman himself.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back