• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Graded [Cobalt Outpost] - Strike at Ryke

1647448308688.png
Mitsunari

The screaming of the burning soldier had been quite annoying, but then Mitsunari realized that sound meant he had slain his opposition, that he would be the survivor and the victor. A weak, wounded smile crossed his face as he tried to get up. Leaning on the wall before him, the kitsune carefully used it to support is weight as he climbed to a standing position. He could finally see the full scope of the destruction that Tu had wrought and he was again impressed.

Initially the Captain was ready to fight on, even with his sustained injuries and the loss of many of his soldiers. It was the call from Gamatsu that forced him to change his attitude. If the archer was still alive and inquiring about his ally then that meant things on the higher level had not gone as planned. his archers were most likely defeated or perhaps they retreated. With no support from above and no support from the two soldiers down here, he failed to see a path to victory.

That was when the stone monster cleared the smoke to reveal their position. "My...name?" The Captain stammered as he turned to look at the stone monster. "I...am Captain...Oliver Harkon." He didn't understand Tu's verse and that confusion showed upon his face, but he didn't speak on it. He looked upward through the opening created by the collapse and couldn't believe a single entity has caused so much destruction. "What are you af-." Before the man could finish his question an arrow would find its way to the Captain's neck. Immediately he fell to the ground, gasping and clawing at his own neck as the blood pooled in his throat and dripped out the opening.

"Good shot." Mitsunari praised as he waddled over to Gamatsu. "You have secured our capture of the outpost." He said in a tired voice.

With their victory over the soldiers and their captain, the outpost was officially free to claim. The remainder of the soldiers were rounded up while Mitsunari and TU tended to their wounds. The soldiers who remained were put to death. Their lives served no purpose for the group now. Once everything was taken care of, the group would sit down now to discuss what would be done next.

"I will be honest I intend to keep the outpost and use it as a base of operation for whatever I do next." He looked up and his eyes shifted between the two hired killers. "What will you two do now? If I am being honest I am looking for capable partners, people who can hold their own like you two have done. At the moment I have no grand plans, but I am willing to give my assistance to whatever goals my partners set."

Gamatsu's key that he pilfered off of the dead gatekeeper would grant him access to an arsenal in the Captain's office. The room was full of F Grade weapons, but key among them was the F Grade Mithril blade hanging on the wall opposite the door.

TheEccentric TheEccentric _Yang _Yang

Tu Tao - CS
Mountain Breaker

Current Titles:
Monster | Earth Sourcekin | Totemist Apprentice | Warrior

F

The battle has passed. Dead bodies were sweeped, while the living guards were silenced without resistance. The large crack on the floor was haphazardly covered by several planks Tu ripped from the wooden tables the guards were drinking from upstairs. Everything had already calmed down. Which largely disappointed Tu, who was expecting a better fight from Harkon.

Tu stood beside Mitsunari, regarding the rickety outpost. There's dust everywhere. More than a few rooms had pests and even stray animals in them. Although Harkon's collection looked impressive, it's really only the case for people who've never spent a second in their life to inspect a weapon. They were useful for slaughtering livestock, but in a battle, much of them would only find themselves useful in the hands of a master. Though, the Mithril Blade is attractive.

"I will return south. I have a cave to dig. Afterwards, I will look for opponents to combat. The blade, I will claim for myself. Everything else, I don't care for.", Tu held the mentioned blade in his hand. He had never felt the bite of Mithril. Ideas began to form in his head as he flourished it clumsily, merely swinging the sword, cutting at even more clumsy enemies only he could see. "I have caught wind of dragon movement nearby. A legendary creature should pose a good challenge.", Tu continued, his green eyes now staring at Gamatsu. An archer could shoot the wings of the dragon, force it to land. He felt he need not mention his thoughts, believing his eyes spoke enough for him.

And with that, another one bit the dust. Whether Gamatsu was interested in what the captain had to say, was no longer important. At the end of the day, what mattered was whatever those left alive had to say.

As they gathered and recollected themselves, Gamatsu was noticeably quiet as he left the captain's quarters. If he had lips, he would have been pouting since he too wanted to get his hands on the mithril sword; his blacksmithing self yelled at him for his failure to act sooner. But due to the principle of finders keepers, he decided not to contest the stone man's claim over the mystic blade. Instead, he grabbed himself a shield from the captain's inventory before heading to his lifeless corpse. Not being able to hear his introduction from before, Gamatsu appraised the man who led the outpost that they had just conquered. He wanted know his name and learn a bit more about him before completely stripping him down and pilfering him for whatever he was worth. Honestly, after taking a closer look, Gamatsu couldn't deny how much he admired the captain's drip.

"Though dead, he's still kinda swaggy." He muttered as he went through the deadman, pockets and all, just to make sure he wasn't holding out on them. Though he busied himself with pilfering the non-living, Gamatsu still overheard the conversation Tu and Mitsunari were having.

"Hmm. Not sure, tbh." His focus might have been elsewhere, but Gamatsu didn't take that long to answer. "I'm probs gonna hang here for a while if that's cool." Taking a pause, he turned to Tu briefly. "Bro, just came from there, and was lookin' for a dragon too but was a total let down. Found a lizard-horse thing, and some dragon worshippers, but like a giant fire breathing dragon? Nah. Fake news, bro."

OOC:
  • Got Steel Shield [F]
  • Used Appraisal on Oliver Harkon just to make sure we didn't miss anything
  • Going through his body for anything important, like more keys, jewelry, personal stuff, etc.
  • Gamatsu's gonna take some of his clothes too to where over his armor and a better cloak

Tu Tao - CS
Mountain Breaker

Current Titles:

F

Hearing the response from Gamatsu, Tu rubbed his chin thoughtfully. Although it was no true dragon, a foe that breathes flames should still pose an interesting challenge. That didn't make the disappointment in his chest disappear, though. Sighing heavily, he flipped the blade in his hands over and over, like a coin that is more than two feet long and can easily injure the untrained. "If that is the case, then I have no horizons to walk to. After the cave is dug, I may return.", speaking more than usual, the simple act easily showed the frustration he felt. He tossed the blade into his sack afterwards, not noticing the sour look on Gamatsu's face(?). Did he have one? That's a thought, for someone else to worry about.

"Should I return, what am I to expect? More inept guards? Thicker layers of dust? Bigger holes to cover?", his words shot towards Mitsunari, a sharp questioning tone in his voice. Although staying didn't seem like a bad choice, he'd rather travel aimlessly than haunt a place that didn't reach his standards. For a home, it's sufficient, but for a place of forwarding his interests? He doubted a rundowm outpost would attract the strongest in the lands. Tu's eyes glanced towards Gamatsu. The archer was strong, but not unnaturally so. He wanted to fight the best, show that he was able to make use of his misfortune to attain fortune. Though that's just something he thinks of to boost his normally gloomy ego.

1647533499358.png
Mitsunari

Dragons? A dragon nearby might be a great burden or a blessing depending on how the creature was approached. Mitsunari was torn however by Gamatsu's declaration. He did not have time to waste on stories pumped up by simple minded farmers who thought they saw a dragon when really it was a lizard of some sort. The fox sat down and leaned back in the former captain's chair, making himself comfortable.

"Your skepticism and pessimism are endless." Mitsunari turned his attention to the giant stone creature. "I intend to have this outpost operational before anyone else shows up here. I will have to find someone to do the repairs and while i do that I will find some more like minded people to join. Of the non-human variety." Humans were weak in his eyes and this latest showing proved just that. Plus they would never be as loyal to him, a beastman, as they would be to their human kin.

"At the very least the construction will be done and the region protected. I might look into this would-be-dragon creature, it could be useful in future spells and magic." A somewhat wicked smirk grew upon the kitsune's face as his two tails swayed behind hi, from the tempting idea.

Gamatsu's search would lead him discover another set of keys on Captain Harkon, most of which would lead to rooms for storage, but one key granted access to the outpost's neglected and outdated forge. There wasn't much inside except for the proper tools needed for a blacksmith. The Forge took up majority of the cellar space as it was quite large and meant to make the outpost independent when it came to weapon maintenance and crafting. Another key would open the small chest which sat on Harkon's desk. The chest would sport a hefty amount of Rykes most likely meant to be paid to the soldiers.

His use of appraisal on Oliver would turn up no useful information, but would reveal the title "3rd Captain of the East." His light armor and other attire were more for comfort than combat but the F Grade items would fit Gamatsu well.

_Yang _Yang TheEccentric TheEccentric

Setting aside the keys he had just found, Gamatsu turned to his brothers-in-arms (kinda), raising his hand up into the air as if waiting to be called. Honestly, he wasn't paying that much attention to their conversation, but he did remember something else.

"I got this from that lizard thing, by the way."

From around his neck, neatly hidden by his cloak, was the Black Dragon Scale he wore as a necklace.

"I didn't see it spit out fire or fly, but it most def had wings." Gamatsu shrugged, being unsure whether the information he shared proved to be useful or interesting to the beastman and stoneman.

"Anywho. If ya plan to fix the place up, I can help out. These hands aren't just for shootin', ya know?"

OOC
  • Black Dragon Scale - When worn as an accessory, it grants the title [Black Dragon Killer]

Tu Tao - CS
Mountain Breaker

Current Titles:

F

"To doubt, is to be prepared.", Tu rebuffed with a roll of his eyes. Listening to Mitsunari describe his plans concerning the outpost, the stoneman glanced at the direction of the recent battle. The walls blocked his eyes, but he knew he ruined the hallway floor and flooded the cellar with debris. He felt slightly apologetic, but ultimately, he had no reason to fault himself. No one mentioned he shouldn't cause structural damage, so that means it's always an available option. "Once the cave is finished, I shall return. I cannot shape stone, but I can break it. Ensure me food and lodging, I'll create tunnels beneath the Outpost."

Whether or not Mitsunari can find purpose in the tunnels, he didn't care. It's his way of training, and to keep his mind empty. An empty mind will allow him to be in peace, which the training manual explicitly requested despite it being about absolute destruction. An annoying thought in his head, Tu pressed a stone palm on his face, a sigh heavier than him escaping him. "...I am available. That is what's important."

His voice initially laden with annoyance, the sigh alleviated the stress. Gamatsu's words again made his spirit roused, but the more he thought about it, the less interested he became. "Not to offend, but if you were able to slay it, then it likely cannot last long against me. I seek hot-blooded combat, not hunting." He grabbed a nearby chair, and sat on it. The weight of a man of stone made the chair moan. Closing eyes, he sat still, and without warning fell asleep. It's been a long day, time for rest.

Aftermath

1647634350014.png

A ragtag group of now murderers descended upon an isolated outpost and conqured its unsuspecting and ill-prepared inhabitants. Once a slow and forgotten region, Cobalt Outpost was now brimming with potential under new ownership and while it is only a matter of time before another force comes to assault the outpost, the new occupants are preparing to defend their claim. The dangerous members of the party have agreed to partner with one another. How long they will cooperate with each other will depend on their goals, strengths, and weaknesses. For now there are repairs to be made and essentials to be gathered in order to restore the outpost to its glory days., Wounds and injuries are healed, unless you would prefer to keep any you have sustained.

TheEccentric TheEccentric _Yang _Yang

Isekai Hell RP Grade
Murder, murder, murder. Definitely makes title granting easy. You guys set out to commit some violence and claim a spot in the world for yourselves. You have succeeded for better or for worse. I'd suggest that abilities with cooldowns have their cooldown trackers more explicitly stated and tracked. Was difficult checking upon on everyone's moves and ensuring their expiration time was accommodated. Will have to see where things go from here. Got a bit of a fixer upper on your hands. Another note: generally rookie soldiers would be training in a fortified location rather than sent on a mission or post. Captains or men leading groups of soldiers are usually C grade minimum for official posts. Reasons for less than C grade leaders may be during wartime when leadership is suddenly killed or in breaking rank operations where lesser grade soldiers act independently for one reason or another. Takes a world rp to get access to items of point value (like mithril blades and f grade armories) without paying for it.

Aftermath
Characters successfully routed the ruin of a fort of soldiers of Ryke.
While inquiries will likely result from the soldiers' absences, the party is unlikely to face immediate blowback due to unknown reasons related to guard presence in the old outpost.
The battle was too much for the already unmaintained outpost. Extensive portions of ceiling and wall have caved in.
The armory found is full of rusted useless gear or was otherwise damaged/destroyed during the siege.
Aside from defensive problems, the ruin is cold in the winter and night and hot during the summer and day. It is also far from any settlements worth trading with for supplies.
The presence of a Well for water makes the place salvageable. Tu will need to dig and clean it out though to make it useable.
If Tu starts digging tunnels, he will kill himself and likely bring down the outpost. He does not have knowledge in regards to proper mining or subterranean construction techniques. The outpost is already structurally unsure as it is without weakening its base further.
TLDR: characters have a roof over their heads and murder titles for their troubles.

Rewards
Mitsunari
- 34 points (narrating bonus present)
  • mandatory title acquired [Murderer E] - Character has killed at least one other. The higher the grade the more likely the character is to be hunted or trigger world rp. Title must be equipped at all times and cannot be removed unless paid off in some way. Character is no longer welcome in cities or towns that appraise arrivals. Character is barred from faction membership in all but illegal factions/organizations.
  • Asset acquired - Cobalt Outpost Ruin (has housing, well water, living area, kitchen, storage, lookout point)

Tu - 23 points -
  • mandatory title acquired [Murderer E] - Character has killed at least one other. The higher the grade the more likely the character is to be hunted or trigger world rp. Title must be equipped at all times and cannot be removed unless paid off in some way. Character is no longer welcome in cities or towns that appraise arrivals. Character is barred from faction membership in all but illegal factions/organizations.
Gamatsu - 19 points

Users who are viewing this thread

Back