• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Graded [Frontier] Salty Tissue Paper

Orrius
de.jpg
As the Mothership continued bringing them deeper and deeper into the ocean, Orrius would start feeling motion sickness himself, as the floor can’t seem to keep still from beneath him. Never had the boy been on such a trip before! He could feel something rising up in his throat, as he gagged for a bit, managing to swallow back down the vomit.

“UWEH- Excuse me…” He’d mutter, before wandering off to find one of those purple seaweed thingies. He was informed earlier that it helped with the motion sickness, although it did have an odd taste to it. Orrius wouldn’t mind it, however, as the boy was used to getting starved for days. If there was any opportunity to eat something edible, he couldn’t possibly say no to it!

“Horrr… gawrrr… AH-” Just as the boy staggered his way over to one of the waiters holding a tray of horgorhs, he accidentally tripped and fell over, pushing the waiter down onto the floor. With a crash and a splash, the tray of horgorhs would splatter all over the ground.

Orrius crawled over, grabbing the slimy seaweed from the floor and wolfing them down in haste. His mouth would turn numb for a while from all the static being emitted, causing him to gag a little with a "HURRRRK-" After downing a couple of them, the boy started feeling much better. He’d then turn to the waiter, flashing a toothy smile at him.

“I erm… I apologize for the trouble… Heheh.” The boy rubbed his neck, before getting up himself and offering the waiter a hand. “Are you alright, sir?” He’d continue to ask politely. Maybe the waiter wouldn’t get mad at him!

7oIhE4E.png

Mentions:
| SoftSmile SoftSmile (Jack Hayfield) |

The saurian's eyes perked up upon hearing what the goat boy was after. "Underwater ingredients you say?" Baharius replied curiously while leaning back on his seat. He could feel the wood creaking underneath his sheer bulk, struggling to keep him steady. "What kind if I may ask?" The boy mentioned how the underwater plants were incredibly different compared to those found on land. It was a frankly obvious observation. However, the fact he added that they were different according to "witch standards" is what caused Baharius to take a second look. He must be an apprentice under one; looking for a list ingredients to bring back for one of her spells or stews.

The saurian watched as the giddy goat boy showed him a crumpled sketch of some kind of purple-bulbed plant that, according to him, could actually glow. Baharius lightly chuckled in response to the little one's excitement. "Why wouldn't that be quite an experience!" he stated, going along with the boy's excitement before slumping in his seat at ease. "As for me, you could also say I'm here for... food related purposes." He paused as he could feel his mouth begin to water in hungry anticipation. "You see, I'm what some people call, a 'seafood fanatic'. It's part of who I am. And I'm told that Crustanton City has the finest selection of seafood in all of the world. So of course I have to see if the rumors and claims are indeed true."

Shortly after, his stomach proceeded to growl audibly as the saurian placed his clawed hand upon his scaly belly with an excused chuckle. "Oh, excuse me... I haven't eaten since yesterday. Simply wanted to leave as much room in my stomach for the feast ahead."

Victorique Sopheana
Mentions: Phoebe Clockwork_Magic Clockwork_Magic | Calliope StarPrincessVal StarPrincessVal
Languages: Common | <Beastial> | [Terran] |

“Hm?” Victorique mumbled, in reply to Calliope's comments. “Ah my bad. You were holding them so close to me I figured it was an invitation to check if they were as soft as they looked.” She said, not really thinking too much into the whole inappropriate thing. Then again, it did make her curious. “Why are ears so important? Is there something different about them then those of non-beasts? I mean, other than how high on your head they are.”

As for the language... <“Thanks. That makes having a sore throat from practising too much a bit more worth it. Although I haven't even gotten into the avian-type whistles yet... Can other beasts even pronounce those?”> The other part was more clear. “Ah, so you're a potion saleswoman? I don't think I tried any of those before, but I'd be interested in starting to do so. What kind of potions to you sell?”

Her excitement grew when the topic shifted to criminal titles again. “Exactly! That's the type of stuff I want to figure out! Does it work like that? If so, why does it work like that? Who or what decided it?” Besides, there was a whole other dimension to it. “What's even more exciting, is that figuring such things out means that I'd know about some of this world's most universal mechanisms. They're almost as natural as physics, yet you can't just be educated in them! How weird and almost shady is that? There's definitely something going on that I'll just have to get to the bottom off!”

Calliope
CaliopeIH.jpg

Mentions: Elvario Elvario Clockwork_Magic Clockwork_Magic

Calliope smiles at Victorique's question. "Our ears and the tops of our heads are sensitive, mmhhmm. When those spots are touched it brings a feeling of enjoyment, mmhhmm. But that feeling is involuntary, mmhhmm. Humans used to 'pet' beastkin like animals back in the times when beastkin were servile, mmhhmm. But now, we decide who gets to bring us those feelings of enjoyment, mmhhmm. It varies with different beastkin cultures as well, mmhhmm. For example, canines tend not to mind as much, even using it to form fast bonds with others, mmhhmm. But with nekos, it is a way of saying 'you belong with me' or 'we belong together', mmhhmm. It can be affectionate or authoritative, or somewhere in between, mmhhmm." She hoped her new friend understood. She was happy to share knowledge.

Calliope thinks back on her own experiences. <"I have never conversed with an avian myself. Actually, I have probably spoken with more humans then beastkin. Generally the words are the same, the whistles and purrs and hisses are just dialects or accents."> Calliope beamed at the next question. "I specialize in healing potions, mmhhmm. But I truly enjoy experimenting to find new results, mmhhmm."

The excitement given off by Victorique was contagious. Calliope's tail flicked in pleasure as she considered other conundrums. "These are very interesting problems, mmhhmm. I would very much like to learn more about it, if you learn anything, mmhhmm." A low growl emitted from Calliope's stomach and she turned a light shade of red. "Forgive me, it seems I am rather hungry, mmhhmm. I think I shall get in line for some breakfast, mmhhmm. It was very nice to meet you both, mmhhmm." Calliope bows to them both and steps away to the food line.

Loke Lenheart

DEFD4631-0C92-45FB-912C-C5DF3EDA29E6.jpeg
Loke watched Orrius go and the ensuing disaster with the waiter. Sighing, he shook his head. “I’ll go help him, Captain.” He still had quite the soft spot for Orrius and went to go help the kid up. “Hey. You okay, Orrius?” Getting Orrius on his feet, he turned to the waiter. “I’m terribly sorry, sir. I’ll compensate if need be for the mess.” He offered, helping the waiter up as well. Sure, the horgorhs were being provided but an entire tray of them being wasted? He wasn’t so sure the staff would be as okay with that. If either of them was hurt, he’d heal them in a heartbeat but it was likely neither of them was. Perhaps Loke would need to take into account making sure Orrius would have everything he needed before it was an issue in the future. It was his responsibility as Zeke’s [Right Hand] to take care of the crew after all.

Mentions: Develius Develius Elvario Elvario NeramoDJI NeramoDJI NebulaBlossom NebulaBlossom Clockwork_Magic Clockwork_Magic StarPrincessVal StarPrincessVal saxon saxon Lulidew Lulidew SoftSmile SoftSmile
OOC: Try to avoid creating npc's or forcing interactions with them or other pc's.
Time: 10:00am
Weather: cold waters, dim sky. gentle currents.
Cooldown:
TLDR: Everyone was having a swell time until they suddenly weren't
Post Listening:

Mothership - Fatte Tunalia

ExEyJIeUYAofFh2.jpg

Otherworldly-Incantations-Deep-Sea-Worldbuilding-Oceanic-Trenches.jpg

Victorique's appraisal would reveal Calliope's character sheet to her mentally. Nothing in particular was out of the ordinary. Elsewhere, the server Orrius ran into get up and try to salvage the spilt tray. He would tersely shew Orrius off with,

"Go find your find yur mum, runt."

Other staff in the dining chamber had been keeping a close eye on the Beharius/Cluilia exchange until it resolved. The excitement had quickly died down after the tensions rose. As everyone started finishing their meal and exiting the dining hall for other places and diversions, it soon became just another day aboard Mothership. Until it wasn't.

The smells and warmth from the dining chamber had not yet disipated before a massive heave rocked the whole ship. Anyone roaming the corridors would be tossed into a wall or to the floor. Any in their cabins would be bounced around or launched from their beds. Mothership's orientation had shifted enough that the walls became the floor. This only sowed more confusion and chaos as the fish tried righting itself which made many lose their footing for a 2nd time.

Fishmen staff started surging through the corridors to various stations around the mothership. Some would assist guests. Others would ignore and simply beeline for whatever goal they had. The Mothership was shook for a 2nd time and it became apparent the ship was under attack. Water and fluids from somewhere started leaking in from somewhere and wetting some of the corridors near the head of the vessel. Passengers were encouraged to find their cabins and brace themselves within. At the very least, they may have more soft things to defend with and less distance to fall in the event Tunalia had to start engaging in more evasive maneuvers. Many passengers were already injured and were limited in what they could do as it was.

The ship's passengers quickly fell into a panic as they clung to what they could and trampled each other trying to find safety.

(All are getting roughed up. Come up with ways to help yourselves and/or each other. Those that miss the round or don't take steps to protect themselves are assumed to take damage next round)

Jack Hayfield
ecd.png
Interactions: Develius Develius

Jack laughed softly at the rumbling of the saurian’s stomach, not understanding how someone could a day without eating. “I mean I’ve eaten fish a few times before, but I’m sure it's nothing when compared to down here.” He smiled brightly as he searched through his bag some more. It seems he was looking for something, but before he could find it a huge heave rocked the ship.

The centaur slammed into the floor as he immediately lost his balance, and was sliding down it due to the mothership’s orientation. His hooves skidded on the floor as he struggled against gravity, his arms going up and grabbing the first stable thing he could get his hands on. In this case it happened to be a seven foot prehistoric nightmare. Jack held on as tight as he could, just hoping and praying that the saurian could keep his balance because if he didn’t, he’d probably end up landing on Jack. He really really hoped the beast could keep his balance.

Another wave of disorientation hit when the ship shook for the second time. Jack simply tried to stay as close to the saurian as possible, hoping that he would be kind enough to help the smaller creature not be thrown around like some oversized ragdoll. The thought of it alone sent shivers of pain down his spine. He was going to die! Break all his legs and drown in the deep sea!

He took a few deep breaths in quick succession, his anxiety spiking as he saw the chaos that was now unfolding on the Mothership. It was somewhat comforting to know he wasn’t all alone, and he at least knew one person on this ship. The sounds of toppling tables, shattering plates, panicked patrons and staff alike filling the dining hall made the centaur start to shake with fear. He was used to louder spaces, but it felt like he was in danger. Maybe because he was in danger. Were they in danger? He didn’t really know. Maybe something just bumped into the ship and everything’s fine now!

Phoebe Penrose
Screenshot 2022-12-24 at 7.52.14 PM.png
Interactions: Elvario Elvario (Victorique) | StarPrincessVal StarPrincessVal (Calliope)
Languages: Common | [Terran]

Phoebe smiled warmly. This side of Victorique was drastically different than the one Phoebe had initially been introduced to back in the Duchy, but by no means was that in a bad way. It's always at least a little heartwarming to see someone talk about something with such unconfined excitement that you can really tell that whatever it is they're talking about it's something that they are deeply passionate about. And judging by the way Calliope's tail just moved and her subsequent response, it seems that excitement was beginning to spread, but before the group could discuss the topic more, a growl emitted from the cat girl's stomach before. "No worries, I am feeling a little hungry myself. But it was nice meeting you too Calliope, take care!" She waved goodbye as the cat girl excused herself. "I should probably get in line for breakfast as well, you're welcome to join me if you'd like." Like Callope, she bowed her head slightly as she departed to go eat breakfast. Whether or not the halfling would take her up on the offer, she'd find a table to sit at and started on her plate. The fish they served here was not the kind she was used to, mostly due to being saltwater instead of freshwater, but it was a pretty tasty meal nonetheless, especially with the variety of seasonings and sauces provided.

Having been one of the last ones to go get her food, Phoebe was naturally one of the last ones to finish eating as well. She stood up from the dining hall table and walked to put her tray away. However, before she could make her way out of the dining hall and back to her quarters, the vessel suddenly heaved much more drastically than any of the movements before, causing Phoebe to lose her balance completely and be knocked to the ground. At first, Phoebe thought it was just run of the mill emergency maneuvers, probably to avoid some sort of obstacle in their course or something, as she started to get back up. But then the vessel shook a second time, causing Phoebe to once again be knocked to the ground and into a nearby wall. As she recuperated from the force of the blow, she saw many of the passengers were thrown into a panic while the crew rushed about, trying to get to somewhere. If it wasn't obvious enough that there was something very wrong, it sure as hell was now.

But what was the cause of this much pandemonium? Perhaps they hit one of the cliff faces from earlier? But then what would have been the second shock? Whatever, they're bound to find out for certain sooner or later. What mattered right now was getting to safety! Phoebe picked herself back up and started making her way along the wall to get to a safer position, keeping one hand on the wall both to support herself and just in case she would need to grab hold of some wall emplacement if another shock rocked the vessel. She kept the other hand over the pouch that contained her wand, just in case drawing it would become necessary, but as of right there was no immediate need to given her current host of spells wouldn't help in this situation. That and she wanted to make sure she didn't lose it in all the pandemonium while relocating to better position in the dining hall, hopefully one in which would allow her to make a quick dash back to her quarters as advised by the the crew, all the while keeping an eye out for people who might need help.

7oIhE4E.png

Mentions:
| SoftSmile SoftSmile (Jack Hayfield) |

A blissful grin emerged from Baharius lips, chuckling at the goat boy's reply while he watched him rummage for something else in his pack. "And I do hope you find those ingredients for your~"

Suddenly, his thoughts were cut short as he felt the whole vessel heave violently, causing him to nearly losing his footing upon the initial jot with a surprised hiss. Talk about some heavy turbulence! As the ship continued turning on its side, the saurian found himself sliding towards what was originally a wall. Quickly he forced clawed feet down into the floor, shifting his weight towards the opposite way while still slowly sliding towards what was once the wall. It took all of his might to avoid plummeting straight down, especially when he noticed the little goat boy grabbing ahold of his massive webbed tail. He certainly wasn't going to let himself live with the fact of accidentally crushing him to death! Then as the fish began righting itself, the centrifugal force then began forcing Baharius the other way! This time, the saurian lowered himself to the ground and plunged his hands against the floor; now plunging his nailed claws into the floor as they shrieked madly.

Once the ordeal ceased, Baharius slowly rose back up; shaking his head to quell the mounting queasiness from exiting his stomach. "Hrrgh," Baharius groaned weakly, with one hand clutching his belly against heavy breaths, "What... was that?"

He quickly ensured to see if the boy was OK, until he felt the ship lurch by what felt like another heavy blow! This time, Baharius found himself ruthlessly thrown against the wall with a heavy smack! Thankfully, he made sure his tail curled into his inner body, allowing his newfound friend to be spared from smacking into a cold hard surface and instead onto a surprisingly squishy bed of muscle and scales. The saurian clutched his free hand around the poor boy against his body, briefly feeling the rapid heartbeats thumping against his chest. The poor thing was utterly terrified; and not that he could blame him! Only once the ship leveled out again did Baharius place the boy down; as his senses took ahold of the current situation.

The first blow was already rattling enough; perhaps a consequence of the vessel evasive maneuvers against a more severe collision. But that second blow felt specifically intentional. Baharius began to fear the worse, as he faintly heard the sound of water rushing into the vessel. Were they under attack? If so, then from what? Another giant sea creature? Or a force of sentient aquatic peoples? Whatever the case, panic had already ascended against the masses. He'd hear the crew rushing the guests into their cabins as they attempt to hold against the immediate danger. Time was now of the essence.

"Stay close to me, boy!" Baharius called out to the centaur hurriedly, as he scrambled forth towards the nearest hallway back to his quarters.

Cluilia was in the middle of eating food when the ship first rocked, and she looked up with a cocked eyebrow. The second time it rocked and walls became the floors she was setting tumbling to the wall rolling out of the way as the table was sliding down toward her. She looked at her guards who then quickly started to react. She started to look around to see what was going on as many of the staff seemed to be running around. To which she knew that something wasn't right now.

Getting back to her feet she knew all their weapons were in their cabin to which she was going to have to get to first before anything else. "Hey let's get moving we need to get to the cabin," Cluilia as she ordered the guards as she started to move toward the hallway as weaved her way through the people going into a panic. Right now her only goal was to get to their equipment and she figured if someone was attacking the ship they would try to take the bridge.

As she reached the hallway she heard the large lizard's voice, "Looks like things have become more interesting giant lizard man!" Cluilia chuckled as she rushed into the hallway going towards her quarters.

mentions: Novama Novama Elvario Elvario NeramoDJI NeramoDJI NebulaBlossom NebulaBlossom Clockwork_Magic Clockwork_Magic StarPrincessVal StarPrincessVal Develius Develius

Victorique Sopheana
Mentions: Baharius Develius Develius
Languages: Common | <Beastial> | [Terran] |

Having made a new friend (of whom she oddly enough wanted to pet the ears again) and having reconnected with a slightly less new friend, things had started off great. That was ruined when the entire fish started to spin and shock and do weird things. She had to quickly use some [Halfling Parkour E] to get around, bouncing off of the fleshy walls to avoid being rocked around and thrown to the ground. Then she'd have to go about it again when the fish tried to upright itself. Great at parkour as she might be, she had to grab her stomach and swallow back an inbound desire to hurl at the fish turning into a roller-coaster.

Her mind was racing. Who'd attack this ship? Pirates? Terrorists? An enemy of the underwater civilisations? Monsters? There were plenty options. She debated helping others, but realised that wasn't her forte. If anything, she'd likely just get in the way. Besides, she needed to steer clear of crowded places to ensure she wasn't trampled by panicking idiots. On the topic of that, she was small enough to be knocked over if she wasn't constantly on guard, which was a bit of an issue.

That's when she spotted the perfect high ground. Baharius. She'd attempt to Parkour her way atop the giant Saurial, explaining her actions with a simple; “Apologies for the inconvenience sir, but I'll need the obtain the high-ground before I'm trampled by these panicking fools.” Something, perhaps an instinct, told her that this [Dino Daddy] was a good bet to rely upon to be kept safe against the panicking crowds. Having hopefully obtained the high-ground (and not being thrown off by an angry dinosaur), she'd be able to think about the situation a bit more whilst the dinosaur was heading onwards.

“Sir, you seem capable of battle, right? Could I perhaps hire your services? I've deduced that we are very likely to get boarded soon, as I see little other reasons for this ship to be attacked than for people to try to rob its passengers, or perhaps kidnap some. Having someone to guard me during such a time would be great.” She then looked at the panicking goat kid. “I'll even let you continue to try taking care of the goat kid, if you so wish.” She felt like her chances at hiring herself a guard would be near zero without such a statement made.

E Grade CD's energised (0/0)
Halfling Parkour - Fast E, Water Speed E, Wall Bouncing F, Wall Running F, Appraisal E, Heightened Senses [Hearing/Sight] E, Acrobatics E, Perception E, Energised E - Character uses their senses and movement abilities to parkour through the environment. - Grade E - 0 Post Cooldown

Orrius
de.jpg

“Yeah, I’m fine. Thanks Loke, although I’m not sure if it’s safe eating too many of the purple stuff - it felt like my mouth was getting zapped from all the static!” Orrius said, as Loke helped him up. The waiter did seem a little mad but at least he didn’t escalate things, which Orrius was thankful for. Otherwise, things may not turn out so pretty... The boy would shrug when the waiter left. “Oh well, at least I’ve got my breakfast covered.”

Just then, it seemed like all hell broke loose as tables started to flip and plates were sent crashing all over the place. The place erupted into a bunch of yelling and shouting, as people were thrown about the entire place. Orrius was no exception to this, losing his balance once more to fall onto his butt. “Whoa! What the hell’s going on?!” He’d shout over to Loke, over all the screaming in the dining chamber.

The ship shook a second time, and Orrius would watch in horror as water started pouring in from who knows where. People were already pushing and fighting their way out of there. Running over back to Zeke, the boy would cry out.

“This is bad! We gotta get outta here!” In the meantime, he’d throw up [Turtleshell E] in the direction where most were coming at them. Ideally those who ran into the wall of mana would help give them a little push to safety as well, but if they were gonna make the run for it then Orrius would have to turn off the spell.

NeramoDJI NeramoDJI NebulaBlossom NebulaBlossom

Turtleshell E - Magic E, Mana affinity E, Magic area of effect F, Selective magic F - Throw up a wall of mana in a singular direction within a 15ft radius - Grade E - 1 Post Cooldown

Calliope
CaliopeIH.jpg

Mentions: saxon saxon

Calliope got her tray and sat down to enjoy her breakfast. She bit into the raw fish and smiled, purring. But when she glanced down she couldn't help but notice the similarity in color between the walls of the vessel she was in and food on her plate. She forcefully swallowed and slid the plate away from her. Maybe once they reached Crustanton she'd be able to eat again. Sighing with resignation she took care of her tray and headed back to her cabin.

She was carefully climbing onto the padding of the bed, when the first bit of turbulence hit. Suddenly, she and the padding were both falling toward the door. She hit the wall and the padding landed on top of her. Pushing it to crawl out, the ship suddenly righted itself, causing the padding to fall to the floor and her to slump on top of it. "What in the world is happening, hhmm?" She is sore and bruised from the fall, so she pulls out one of her ready made healing potions. However, she decides others may need it more and puts it away.

Calliope makes her way out into the hallway, looking around. People are beginning to run to different places in both panic and response. As she attempted to get the attention of a fishman, but was continually ignored, the ship shook again. While she maintained her balance, suddenly the woman from earlier entered the hallway, quickly followed by a bunch of guards. She seemed to have a destination in mind and moved with purpose.
"Ex-excuse me, hhmm? Do you know what is going on, hhmm?"

Zeke “Mors” Valdain
1668559729315.png
As Zeke listened to his crewmates with a smile, he hummed a bit. "Heh, no worries boy, glad you found yer way to us." He complimented the small boy, ruffling his hair a bit, before the commotion grew louder, the ship suddenly starting to rock and weave. "Ah hell, hold on boys! We got a helluva bunch of turbulence!" He told the two with him, turning to Orrius with a nod. "Right you are boyo, we gotta get back to our rooms! If things look dicey, we're taking my way out." He said, patting his cutlass and nodding to the two to symbolize what he meant.

With the turtleshell thrown up, Zeke stood up and starting to use Control environment, his boots suddenly went from slightly moist from the insides of the fish to completely dry, giving him a bit more traction as he held himself low for better stability, looking at the two next to him. "Alright lads, we gotta get to our rooms, ain't nothin' for us here!" He reiterated, starting to move towards Orrius to protect the smaller boy from any falling people or objects

7oIhE4E.png

Mentions:
| SoftSmile SoftSmile (Jack Hayfield) | saxon saxon (Cluilia Calogera) | Elvario Elvario (Victorique Sopheana) |

Hearing the casual comment of the slaver woman from nearby, the sailbacked saurian couldn't help but wince with a brief moment of discomfort. Curse this insufferable woman's cocky attitude! And he'd known her only for the past few minutes! Nonetheless, Baharius quickly shook off this feeling and focused on getting through the hallway. His hands pressed down against the meaty red walls - with claws ocassionally scraping against the vessel's interior gut-lining - while struggling to keep his balance against the rocking vessel. With his sheer bulk and size, he made sure to be careful not accidentally squish anyone that was passing by him. In fact, at one point, he nearly found his muscular side slamming against one of the staff members; barely grazing him by mere inches.

Shortly after, the saurian felt someone nimbly climbing over him. He initially thought it was the goat boy trying to get a better vantage, only to find that it came from a separate entity altogether; an abnormally small girl. She apologized to him as she toppled over his immense scaly hide, something the saurian wouldn't take personally. Initially dismissing her, he'd note the blonde girl speak to him; asking him if he could temporarily protect her against what she believed was an imminent invasion, while kindly allowing him to protect his current passenger. It felt odd that the smallest were trying to find refuge with the biggest and arguably most intimidating figure on the ship. Then again, given the current circumstances, Baharius could understand how it might be the best desperate course of action in a situation like this. Besides the girl was tiny as is, barely adding on any encumbrance to his movement if at all.

So with a confirming grunt, he accepted the offer.

"Very well," Baharius agreed determinedly, "Stick close to me and watch my back. I'm headed to my quarters to grab my blade. I have the seeking suspicion that it'll be very much needed!"

Once reaching his room, the massive reptilian had to crawl under the low-hanging doorframe in order to fit his whole body and sail through. There, sat against corner waiting for him, was his massive great-sword. "Ahh," he sighed in relief, his eyes pressing solely upon his pride and joy, "There you are! C'mere..." With lightened eyes, Baharius hastily scrambled to grab ahold of his mighty blade; lifting the handle with one arm and cradling the flat portion with his other. With that, he then began to exit his room.

Now he felt prepared to engage the abyssal invaders, as well as being capable in plugging up any breaches if needed.

Last edited:

Jack Hayfield

ecd.png
Develius Develius Elvario Elvario
Jack was on the verge of tears, but was glad to be protected from this kind stranger. “T-Thank you…Thank you…” He mumbled under his breath, shaking violently even as the ship slowly evened out. When he was let out of the comforting grip of the saurian, he could barely stand up, his legs clearly struggling to support his weight. He held his hands close to his chest, biting his lip as he tried to control his breathing.

“Stay close to me boy!” It was a command, and Jack was more than happy to follow, his legs finally moving as he aimed to stay as close to the fellow beast as possible. They were just about to rush towards the hallways when someone used his new father figure as a parkour course. Jack didn’t even really process it fully, unable to really comprehend anything that was happening around him. That was until he was referred to as a goat kid, which for some reason got him out of his terrified stupor. He stomped one of his hooves in annoyance, about to get a bit less than cordial with the new member of their little group when they very quickly transitioned from banter to running down the halls to get to the saurian’s room.

Everything was moving so fast. Too fast. Jack gulped for air, his anxiety making it hard to breathe when he so desperately needed it. When the saurian pulled out his blade, though, Jack felt his heart collapse. Were they going to be fighting something? Underwater?

OH GOD THEY’RE UNDERWATER! HE WAS GOING TO DROWN AND DIE!

The goat began sobbing quietly, his hands covering his face as his legs shook so violently he was unable to move without collapsing. He wanted to go exploring in some lush filled valley for this exact reason! Now his little corpse was going to be floating around the sea, resting at the darkest depths to never be found! He audibly wailed at the thought, tears staining his cozy sweater sleeves.

Loke Lenheart

IMG_0016.JPG
Mentions: Lulidew Lulidew NeramoDJI NeramoDJI

Loke rolled his eyes at the server's comment about Orrius needing to go back to his mom. "Don't listen to him." He patted the kid on the shoulder, nudging him back to Zeke. The kid didn't need a mom anymore, he was pretty self-sufficient and in the places he wasn't, he had the crew to look after him. As the kid's self-appointed big brother and the official [Right Hand] of Zeke, Loke would make sure he was okay himself.

Just as he was getting Orrius back over to Zeke, everything turned, literally. He grabbed Orrius, shielding the kid with his own body but luckily the walls weren't as hard as they would have been inside a metal submarine. Perks of being inside a living fish sub. Orrius asked him what was happening. "Something must be going on outside! Something big!" Before they could really get their bearings, the floor became the floor again and the two were quick to rejoin Zeke.

Loke had his wand at the ready raising it. "Aye, Captain! Stay close, Orrius. Protection." He encased Orrius inside a golden shield preemptively just to be on the safe side. Using his own Control Environment, he followed along with Zeke's plan to dry his boots for better traction. Now would come the interesting part of navigating back to their rooms as the submarine would be rolling around with them in it. "Let's move!"

Cooldown: Grade E 0/1
  • Protection - Grade E Ability - Barrier F, Magic E, Magic Range F, Spell Duration F - Creates a semi-translucent golden shield around self or a single target in 10 ft. - 1 Cooldown, 30ft Range, 1 Hour Duration

Mentions: Develius Develius Elvario Elvario NeramoDJI NeramoDJI NebulaBlossom NebulaBlossom Clockwork_Magic Clockwork_Magic StarPrincessVal StarPrincessVal saxon saxon Lulidew Lulidew SoftSmile SoftSmile
OOC: Feeling a bit better. Sorry for the delay.
Time: 10:10am
Weather: cold waters, dim sky. gentle currents.
Cooldown:
TLDR: The ship is suddenly invaded and everyone needs to react accordingly
Post Listening:

Mothership - Fatte Tunalia

ExEyJIeUYAofFh2.jpg

Otherworldly-Incantations-Deep-Sea-Worldbuilding-Oceanic-Trenches.jpg

Batterings and bruisings aside, the crew and passengers of the Tunalia were only minorly injured at worst. The ship stopped moving around so suddenly. A stillness was allowed to set in that gave people time to realize they were still alive and not going to die, at that moment. Some of the lights within the fish had dimmed in the confusion, but despite the brief calm, they remained off and gradually more dimmed as well. Soon there was a new complaint as more and more of the bio lights within the fish vessel dimmed or went out completely. A weary and strained voice suddenly filled the ship his whisper.

"...good morning, passengers. your captain speakin....we are forced to go through a migratory smack...be advised to stay quiet and don't touch if you wish to see land again..."

The captain's whisper suddenly cut off as did most of the remaining lights in the Tunalia. Some of the passengers were in pain and still needing help, so protested loudly against the unusual circumstances and treatment. Others would find themselves isolated in rooms or corridors of darkness. The fain residual glow of the bio lights may be the only thing some had to see by. Along with their own breathing, the passengers would become acutely aware of Mothership's heart beat and circulatory system as it sluggishly continued as everyone was taken into the unknown void. Those near the outerwall may occasionally hear the bubbles and trickles of water outside.

That's when they started to appear: massive jellyfish. Although those that had found a port hole or observatory chamber may have seen them coming, most would be seeing them for the first time as they moved through the very walls of the Tunalia. Like ghosts with an ethereal glow, the jelly fish, many 10ft in diameter and twice that or more in tentacle length, began drifting and aimlessly floating through, not impeded by wall or barrier. The narrow corridors and small side chambers barely allowed enough room for the jelly fish to be fully visible at once, but within the large dining chamber and others like it, the jelly fish were fully in view were horribly magnificent in the dark belly of Mothership. At least hundreds of these creatures were moving through.

HD-wallpaper-boy-luminos-anime-manga-summer-jellyfish-pink-blue.jpg

Victorique Sopheana
Mentions: Baharius Develius Develius | Jack SoftSmile SoftSmile
Languages: Common | <Beastial> | [Terran] | {Sylvan}

Life sure had its twists and turns. Who'd have thought she'd end up riding the back of dinosaur inside a giant fish? Not her, but here they were. She did as asked though, watching his back whilst holding on to whatever you called that weird fin-thing on his back. He also seemed to believe her immediately, as he went to go fetch his sword. { “Bloody hell, that's the size of a tree...” } She mumbled in her native tongue. How would he eve sway that thing around whilst inside a fish? She clicked her tongue. Although her instinct had made her go for this guy, she'd already gotten some second-guesses.

She then spotted the goat kid freaking out. <“Hey, kid. Relax. We'll have this sorted in no-time.”> Although she was trying to be nice, in her own way, she might've sounded a little annoyed rather than caring. She wasn't know for having the best people skills, after all.

That's when they heard the captain speaking. “What the hell is a migratory smack...? Don't touch what...?” She asked herself, as the sound and lights both went off... “That's unfortunate. Let me know if you want to go anywhere and I'll try to direct you. I can see quite well in the dark.” She spoke, relying on her [Darkvision] in the current environment. “Seems like there's still some folk in trouble out there, if you want to go be a hero.” She said, not willing to initiate such work, but willing to direct Baharius for it if needed.

That's when the jellyfish showed up. “Wow...” She couldn't help but admire them. Those looked really cool. “Hmmm... if this is what we're up against... I guess it's time for me to play hero instead.” She decided, hopping off of Baharius. “You might want to go back to the main hall, so you've got some room to dodge them with that giant body of yours. I'll be checking through the halls.” As she did, she ran off.

Her plan was rather simple. She'd rely on her Darkvision to see in the dark. Then she's use Halfling Parkour B to get around this place without touching the jellyfish. Finally, she was hoping to use [Pocket Dimension] D (and/or E if more appropriate) to scoop up any passengers she found that were (1) unable to move and (2) at risk of touching the jellyfish due to being unable to move, then see if there was a safe space to drop them off again quickly, so they wouldn't have to be in there for too long.

B-Grade Cooldowns energised (0/3)
Halfling Parkour - Fast B, Water Speed B, Wall Bouncing F, Wall Running F, Appraisal C, Heightened Senses [Hearing/Sight/Smell/Taste/Balance] B, Acrobatics D, Perception C, Energised B - Character uses their senses and movement abilities to parkour through the environment. - Grade B - 3 Post Cooldown
D-Grade Cooldowns energised (0/1)
Pocket Dimension D - 100ft radius – 30 metre
E-Grade Cooldowns energised (0/1)
Pocket Dimension E - 10ft radius – 3 metre

Phoebe Penrose
Interactions: Cluilla ( saxon saxon ) | Calliope ( StarPrincessVal StarPrincessVal )

Phoebe was in the middle of dashing to her quarters when the ship seemed to stabilize itself. She let out a sigh of relief as she slowed her pace to that of speed walking, at least she wouldn't have to worry so much about being thrown around anymore. It didn't seem that everything was completely in order though. Didn't this hallway have a bit more lighting? Not long after, a voice echoed throughout the halls, stopping in her tracks after the captain's message concluded and the rest of the ship lights went off.

Stay quiet...? 'Don't touch?' Touch what...? Fearing the worst, Phoebe drew her wand, mentally keeping note to not cast [Pulse Bomb] if it wasn't absolutely necessary. It probably wouldn't be the wisest idea to set off a lightning explosion while inside a living organism in the middle of the ocean. In any case, the most rational move would be to go back and hunker down in her quarters, however the distant cries and protests of other passengers prompted her to retrace her tracks back to the main hall. Phoebe would be able to handle herself decently if she were to use her remaining spell set, others may not have the capacity to defend themselves so well.

A few moments of walking later, the pink haired mage would stop again, spotting a glowing light near the far end of the hallway. It didn't seem like it was a product of the fish vessel, given that it seemed to be moving. Stepping a few more steps closer revealed what it was, a massive jellyfish! ["Woah..."] She muttered under her breath. It certainly was a sight to see. It's size, the etherial glow it emitted, the way it drifted, the jellyfish really did seem majestic. Though, majestic as it may appear, a jellyfish was still a jellyfish. Phoebe slowly backed away, taking a little detour to the dining hall.

As Phoebe rounded a corner, she accidentally ran into someone. Given the darkness, it was bound to happen eventually, but nevertheless she did feel a little bad, being the second time she'd bumped into a person in the span of about an hour. "Ah, sorry!" She wasn't able to see the face of the individual clearly, but thanks to some of the remaining residual lights in the vessel, she was able to roughly make out their outline, seeming to be a female figure a bit shorter than her. More interestingly, there wasn't just one of them. In fact, it seemed to be an entire group, and the way they were formed up they seemed almost like... guards? The scene that involved the giant lizard man from earlier crossed her mind. Could these be the same people?

"Erm... you might not want to head that way. There was a massive jelly fish over there in that hallway. I'm heading over to the dining hall to see what I can do to help some of the other passengers, if you'll excuse me." Just as she was about to walk away from the group, she noticed another figure among them, this one sporting a pair of... cat ears? She stopped in her tracks. "Wait a minute... Calliope?"

Calliope
CaliopeIH.jpg

Mentions: Clockwork_Magic Clockwork_Magic

As the ship suddenly stopped jostling, there was an eerie calm throughout the fish vessel. Calliope looked around anxiously as the lights began to dim, slowly at first, then picking up speed. She began to shake. "Wh-what is happening now, hhmm?" As she waited in anticipation of whatever was to come next, suddenly she heard her name. Her ears perked up. She turned to look and could barely make out someone slightly taller than her with pink hair in the darkness. "Phoebe, hhmm?" Calliope ran over to her. "D-do you know what is goi-" Before she can finish her sentence, half a jellyfish floats up through the floor near by and moves through the hall and out the ceiling, staying within the wall the entire time. Calliope falls to the ground and scoots away from it. "Hhhhhhmmmmmm?! What was that, hhmm?" She looks at Phoebe terrified. "I came out to help anyone who might be injured, but I am afraid that my nervousness is getting the better of me, mmhhmm. Might I stick with you, for the time being, hhmm? You are not injured are you, hhmm?" She crawls back over to Pheobe, picks herself up, and places her hand on one of her potion vials incase Phoebe needs it.

Last edited:

Cluilia continued down the hallway finding her cabin, a moment later she was back in the hall with her whip in hand. That was when the captain spoke again. Well now if that wasn't a cry for help or some kind of hijacking I don't know what is. She thought to herself as she started to go back down the hall when she encountered Phoebe. She looked down the hall the woman pointed to with the jellyfish. Well now that could be interesting to see but that's for a different time I suppose. She thought to herself.

"Oh thanks for the warning, if you ever want to exchange work for a place to sleep and food let me know. Swing by my families' shop in the capital of the Eastern Empire!" Cluilia smiled as she started to follow the woman back toward the dining hall. "Well I think I will go see whats going on the bridge there isn't much of a point in staying down here," She concluded as the woman ran into someone she seemed to know.

Though that didn't stop her in her tracks as she joined Phoebe and Calliope who was a cat girl. "Oh now you would be in quite the demand if you don't mind me saying," Cluilia stated as she wanted to reach out and touch the woman's ears. Biting her lip she turned around and moved to the closest staff member. "Which way to the bridge?" She inquired as her guards stayed a few feet away.

mentions: Novama Novama Elvario Elvario NeramoDJI NeramoDJI NebulaBlossom NebulaBlossom Clockwork_Magic Clockwork_Magic StarPrincessVal StarPrincessVal Develius Develius

Phoebe Penrose
Interactions: Cluilla ( saxon saxon ) | Calliope ( StarPrincessVal StarPrincessVal )

"Thanks for the, um, offer... but I'm not in need of neither food nor a place to sleep so I'll pass..." The proposition from the woman flanked by guards was a bit suspicious, which was only made worse by her comment to Calliope. Phoebe placed herself between Calliope and the woman, just in case she were to pull something. Thankfully though, no such attempts were made, but just as the woman with the guards went off to ask a staff member where the bridge was, a jellyfish suddenly appears on a nearby wall, startling Calliope. "It's alright, those giant jellyfish don't seem to be actively going after anyone right now, but we should keep away from them. I sure wouldn't want to find out how much giant jellyfish shocks hurt in comparison to their regular cousins."

After Calliope picked herself back up, she produced what seemed to be a vial, a potion most likely given her occupation and all. "Oh no, I'm fine, thanks! Just a few bruises from the initial shocks, but nothing too serious. You should save what you have for the more injured passengers in the dining hall." After that was settled, Phoebe started walking down the hallway towards the dining hall once more. "Stay close, I'll make sure that none of the jellyfish get too close to us if we can't avoid them."

Calliope
CaliopeIH.jpg

Mentions: Clockwork_Magic Clockwork_Magic
Calliope stuck close to Phoebe, as she instructed her to. Trapped at the bottom of the sea, inside a giant fish, while ghostly giant jellyfish drifted all around her. This was definitely the most terrified Calliope had ever been. It went well beyond her general nervous disposition, although on some level, she still strived to ensure other people's safety, thankful for Phoebe's assistance in pushing past her fear. She whispers to Phoebe in a hushed voice. "Why did the captain tell us to be quiet, hhmm? Do you think perrrhaps the jellyfish can hear us, hhmm?" She glances around cautiously, unsure of when or where the next jellyfish will appear.

When they finally reach the mess hall, she begins to help the passengers you were injured in the turbulence. Most are merely bruised and battered, while a few require more serious treatment. For them she uses her store of potions to assist. [Healing Spray D] Occasionally a jellyfish floats through the room, as passengers and crewman move to the side to get out of it's path. Finally Calliope turns back to Phoebe. "I do not believe there is much more I can do here, mmhhmm. Thank you for accompanying me this far, mmhhmm. Is there somewhere else you think we may be needed, hhmm? I shall continue to stick by you, if you do not mind, mmhhmm."

D Grade Cooldowns 0/2
Healing Spray D

7oIhE4E.png

Mentions:
| SoftSmile SoftSmile (Jack Hayfield) | Elvario Elvario (Victorique Sopheana) |

With blade in hand and two children under his care, Baharius expected the worse as he braced himself for combat. Though not long after he exited his room, the mothership's lurking movements would suddenly cease and become level again. There was a relieving breath as the saurian's tense form began slowly subsiding; thinking they were in the clear. Whatever happened was now behind them. But even so, the lights were still in a dimmed state. What followed was an uncomfortably eerie silence as everyone held their breaths for what was to come next.

And according to the captain on the broadcast, it appeared they were going through a "migratory smack". And whatever the passengers do, they were forbidden from touching them; less they wanted to see land again. What did that mean? Baharius gave a disconcerted grumble at the ominous statement. Without lights and sound, the lumbering saurian was now nearly blind; forcing to rely mostly on (Heightened Sense [Smell] E) and hearing to get around. Thankfully, the halfling was kind enough to guide him through, thanks to her superior night vision, and stated how there must be more people to help. The saurian gave an affirmative grunt. "Lead the way." Baharius stated bluntly, "As long as-"

His train of thought was lost as soon as the massive wispy jellyfish began passing through the ship. He couldn't help but stop in awe upon seeing the first few specimens, breathing a soft sigh as he basked in their elegant bioluminescent glow. They were magnificent. And huge! These specimens were no doubt longer than he was, made up by their thinly long tentacles. But even through their beauty, Baharius was aware of the dangers they can wrought upon unsuspecting victims. A sting from any one of their tendrils would no doubt be lethal. And how they were passing through the ship like spectral ghosts didn't help him feel safe either. The halfling also seemed to be impressed at the spectacle before them at first, but eventually hopped off and advised the hulking saurian to head to the main hall to properly avoid them better.

But before Baharius could have a chance to state any passing words, the halfling girl would dart into the darkness; wanting to "play the hero". His hand darted out with a distressed grunt before growling annoyedly. She was supposed to lead him through the darkness! Though the faint glow of the dimmed lights and the brighter bioluminescent glows should be enough to get him by regardless. He looked back at the crying goat boy on his tail and gave a low grumble.

"Stay strong, little one." Baharius stated calmly, curling his tail to meet his passenger's eyes, "We'll get through this. One way or the other. Just hang on tight." While he considered having him depart now if he wished to take cover, the saurian didn't feel it was the best idea to leave him alone in a situation like this.

And with that, he proceeds to cautious lumber through the cramped hallway towards the main hall.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back