• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Graded [Carbon Town] Ryke Adventurers Guild - Dirty Work

Uasal

The Swiftest Shot In The West
This RP is part of the Isekai Hell setting. Check the links above to learn more about it.

This Rp will follow a 3-day posting schedule

1685605022717.png
Ryke Adventurers Guild: Dirty Work

This RP takes place in, and around, a sizable town (Carbon) within the Ironwright County of the Ryke Kingdom. As of late the area has been subjected to the tyrannical oppression of the 'Back Street Boys' a gang of rookie cutthroats that have made the underbelly of the town their home. Nefarious dealings of low-grade narcotics and thievery were the gang's main bread and butter up until recently. That said, the gang has overstepped and rumor has it people have begun to go missing. Particularly 3 young women.

With the public convinced this is without a doubt the start of a slave trading ring, and the guards stretched thin as it is, the bounty for the elimination and or capture of the 'Back Street Boys' gang has been entrusted to the adventurers guild instead.

By some means or another, you all have ended up accepting this bounty. Mayhaps you accepted it in the capital, another town, perhaps even at a tavern. It matters not. Regardless of the how, you were instructed to meet with those others who accepted the bounty at The Boar's Hoof Inn. A cozy but run-down sort of tavern and inn within Carbon itself. That is where we shall begin.

Information your character will have been made aware of:
1. The gang has at least twenty members.
2. The gang leader is at least E rank.
3. Capture is optional
4. All goods discovered are to be turned over to the guards as evidence.

OOC Knowledge-

All gang members will have criminal titles and as such can be killed without acquiring a criminal title.

I will be using the effectiveness system for combat. This shouldn't alarm or worry you, I don't plan to be too strict. I hope for it to be a learning experience as well as to make things more fair combat-wise. Should it prove too complex I will revert to a more casual combat approach.​

1685605046056.png

The Boar's Hoof Inn

With night slowly creeping in The Boar's Hoof Inn had just about finished serving food. Not that all too many customers were around to want such a service mind you, but nonetheless food was now officially off the menu. Sitting at a candle-lit table off toward the back of the room sat a young woman. Dressed in a large coat, some shorts, and a small upper-body top, the woman was accompanied only by a tankard of terrible-tasting ale. Still, she seemed more than happy to drink it, her kind yet subtle smile unwavering as she seemingly waited for others to join her at the table.

Looking around the other patrons it was quite clear that this woman was the only adventurer currently present among the inn's clientele. But were that not enough, anyone who might enquire with the owner as to where the bounty group was to meet would be directed to the very table where she sat thereafter.

1685605073710.png
Valkan Valkan Ian Temero Ian Temero Voider Voider Nero Kunivas Nero Kunivas

Darin

Interactions: No PCs
Darin 256x256.pngDarin walked through the streets of Carbon, firearm slung over his shoulder, in search for this "Boar's Hoof Inn". Considering the fact that there was criminal activity here, he vigilantly studied the area around him as he walked, in order to be alert to anything. Taking a bounty to hunt down dangerous criminals wasn't exactly a job he looked forward to, but it would pay, and he reminded himself that there were far more dangerous duties in this world.

He saw the inn's sign after a few minutes of walking, and made his way inside. Darin gently opened and closed the door, attempting not to attract attention to himself. Approaching the owner at the bar, he inquired about the bounty group. He was pointed in the direction of a lone woman sitting at a table, different from the others in the room.
"Greetings, may I sit down?" He asked in a neutral tone, after walking over. It appeared that he was the first to arrive, so he planned to possibly garner some more information on the job, while awaiting the rest of the group's members to arrive.

397413.jpg

John Doe [Reading Music]
Adventure and good deeds. These were what motivated John in his new life. No longer wishing to live a passive and isolated existence, John sought out change and there he found the adventurers guild. Though not an official member, he was pleasantly surprised to find out that he was allowed to take on work issued by them. After a quick scan of the posts in front of him, a particular one had managed to draw his attention. Hinting towards the possibility of slave trading, accepting this was the least John could do given the history of the body he now occupied. With no hesitation and with parchment in hand, John wasted no time and made his way to the Ironwright County of the Ryke Kingdom.

A raggedy hooded cloak covered John's small and thin frame as he silently headed towards the rendezvous point indicated in the job order. It was the Boar's Hoof Inn, an establishment located in the town of Carbon. Immediately after entering the tavern, John approached an employee and asked regarding the bounty group. Even if his appearance and prepubescent voice garnered some doubt, John was pointed to the direction of a young lady and what looked to be a rifle-heaving lizard person.

"Hello." John's voice had a higher pitch and somewhat of a nasal quality. "My name is John, and I too, have come for the Backstreet Boys." He revealed the poster issued by the adventurers guild.

Last edited:
Ryan Kylieth

Ryan had something big in his head. He had some ideas he and the Baroness discussed here and there. And while the Barony had a nice monetary bonus from their exploration of the maze beneath Yemaya. Thing is, money was needed for gathering materials for it. Ryan wanted to help, and as such, his clumsy self got a ride to Carbon. All it took was a bounty he heard of back in Stonewall's Tavern.

Testing out the unlocked power of his sight, which he acquired at some point after his travel through the maze, he was fast to detect the place he was supposed to arrive at. His sight proved to be quite useful, even if since it was dark outside, he had trouble seeing some things. But that's not here nor there. It was time to enter the inn. He was immediately drawn to the lady he saw on Yemaya. "Hello there! It's nice seeing you again, Sasha. I hope you don't mind me taking a seat..." If she approved, Ryan would nod with a smile and sit wherever was the closest for him. If not, he would just nod and stand near the table. considering he was positive on their contact in Carbon to be her. Seeing more people join the conversation, however, started to put him slightly on edge, making him quiet.

Last edited:
1685666506637.png
Rios
Uasal Uasal

"Yes this stick is all I have to declare, Officer" said Rios as he watched the confused guardsman sift through his very limited storage bag. There was no getting around it. Security was heavy in this town on account of those Back-Street Boys. Already their villainy had claimed three innocent people. Hence why Rios was here to stop it. Although when he informed the guardsman of his pursuit of such brigands. The stone faced guard looked at Rios's stick barely held together with whatever he could scrounge up and sighed. Truly he must have been worried that the Back=Street Boys would have to meet the business end of this mighty weapon. Plus it wasn't like Rios could buy a new weapon with all the zero money he had. Separating from the guard once his stick was handed back to him. Rios made his way to the tavern he heard the leader of the posse gathering up to get the Back-Street Boys was waiting. Once inside he could see ale and food that his broke ass could not afford. Directed to a table by a very disappointed looking bar maid. Rios sat down with a few others who had seemingly just arrived and slid over the notice he had found on a noticeboard about the bounty. "Does this job come with weapon insurance?" asked the would-be adventurer.

6687678b-0af4-4e21-bf0b-7d159d3a0160.png

Shere
"Oh no, this ain't that kinda by-the-hour roomin here! Or are you one of them Back Street Boys? Ya look like a backstreet fella either way! Go on, git!"

The owner's ire was directed at a new arrival at the door, a young...man? Tall and slender, dressed in all white clothes that caught the light of the lamps and drew the eye to their athletic figure. Shere put his hands up to his face in an attempt at a pacifying gesture but did not back away, stepping into the establishment instead. Hair long and loose and oiled, lips and cheeks ever so slightly scarlet and the scent of rosewater around him, he really stood out for better or worse. "No sir, no such business for me here. I am but a humble traveler come from the east, walking the roads all by my lonesome."

"You wouldn't deny a paying customer a room for the night and a bit of ale, would you? No funny business."
He was all smiles as he approached the bar with some of his last coin between his fingers, soft of step and voice, but his gaze scanned the room. Clearly it was a night for business in the Boar's Hoof, and not exactly a simple matter of trade either. He gave the barmaid a passing wave of the hand when their eyes met and put down the money on the counter. "I hadn't even heard of the Back Street Boys until just now, despite indeed knowing my way around some back alleys as you guessed. Local troubles?"

He spoke to the owner, but as he did he turned his neck to glance at the table gathering.

Morrigan.jpgMorrígan Durnin

Interactions: NPCs

In the slowly dimming light, a guard stationed outside the west gate let out big a yawn. His partner across the gateway threw him a glare. "Stop that." she whined, fighting back a yawn of her own. Their shift had been fairly boring up to this point, having only seen about a dozen travelers and a handful of merchants. There hadn't been anything to really talk about, so they had spent it in painful silence. The first guard (Holden was his name) had been entertaining himself for the last several minutes going through steps to cook tonight's dinner in his head when a figure stepped out of the tree line in the distance.

At first Holden didn't think anything of it, reasonably assuming it was just another traveler running late. However as they grew closer he began to notice some things that were odd. She didn't seem to have any traveling gear on her, no pack, no weapon. The woods weren't necessarily dangerous, but they weren't the kind of place a young woman wanted to be without a knife at least, just incase. She was also wearing strange clothes that he'd never seen before. It was weird, but nothing too concerning, that is until she came close enough for him to notice the blotches of red liquid splattered on her.

Morrigan meanwhile was examining them in turn, noting their archaic armor and weapons. Swords, shields, spears. "Yeah...definitely not in Kansas anymore, Toto." She muttered to herself, striding down the trail. She gave the guards a nod as she started to walk past them into the town, but stopped when they both lowered their spears into her path.

"Hold." Holden ordered. "Where are you coming from, girl?"

"Uhm, the forest?" Morrigan answered, jabbing a thumb back towards the way she came. Judging by how the lack of change in their expressions this was not the answer he was looking for. "Is this about the blood?" She asked, lowering her hand. "Cause I can explain the blood."

"Go on."

"I got jumped back there by some wolves." She explained. "Had to fight them off with a stick. One of them tried to pounce on me and I ended up stabbing it with the sharp end. It was messy." It was a half truth. The wolves definitely happened, but she was going to keep what she could do close to her chest. Folks tended to react poorly to learning she had powers.

"And what were you doing out here alone?" Holden continued to question.

"I just needed to get away from people for a while, you know? Figured the trees would be a good place to relax. Turns out they weren't."

"Without any gear?" He pushed, clearly not buying it.

"Look," Morrigan huffed, planting a hand on her hip. "I wasn't expecting to have to fight for my life! Now are you going to keep interrogating me or let me pass so I can clean myself off?"

Holden didn't say anything at first and just stared at her so intensely that she started to wonder if she was going to need to fight her way out of this. Finally he spoke up. "We'll need to check your titles."

"Check my what?" She asked, but he didn't respond, instead turning and entering a nearby guard house. When he came back out he was carrying some kind of black ball which he held out to her. Cautiously Morrigan reached out and set her hand on it and waited a couple of moments while nothing happened. "Um...?"

Holden turned to his partner. "She's clean." He said, motioning for the spears to be raised before returning to Morrigan. "You're free to go through. Closest place to wash up is The Boar's Hoof."

"Thanks." She said slowly, then motioned towards the sphere. "The hell is that?"

"Black Orb. Checks if you're a criminal. So don't get up to mischief." He answered, clearly still not trusting her.

"Cool..." Morrigan said, before turning and walking once more. "Sorry for the trouble!" She called back with a wave. A crime detector, huh? She was going to have to keep that in mind.

It wasn't to long a walk to the place, though it had been filled with people staring and avoiding her. Probably the blood. She pushed open the door and stepped into an honest to goodness fantasy inn. That was awesome. "Hey, Keep!" She called out, walking to the counter and elbowed in next to the pretty boy that was already there. "Guards said I could wash up here."

"Out back." The owner answered curtly, annoyed by the second shifty looking person. With a wave Morrigan stepped back and made her way outside where all she found a well waiting for her. Guess there wasn't any warm water. With a quiet sigh she grabbed the bucket and began lowering it down.

Niall Riordan
demons-souls-the-penetrator-screenshot-jpg.984253

A gang of low-lives, once limited to petty crime and drugs, now wanted for kidnapping. With a hefty bounty on their heads, the 'Back Street Boys' were now on notice. Having accepted the bounty, Niall Riordan had made his way into the dingy town of Carbon, his heavy metallic footsteps echoing through the alleys. The guards at the entry into Carbon had only briefly questioned him, believing that the Back Street Boys could hardly have such an armoured and well equipped man in their ranks...that and he had the poster for the bounty he'd accepted as proof.

Before he'd enter the Boar's Hoof Inn, Niall would check the poster in his hand one last time: 20 members expected, a tough leader, capture was optional and all goods had to be turned over as evidence. So there would be no filching of any of the gang's money or possessions. The spirit inhabiting Niall's blade hissed in his ear, calling for the gang's blood. With a quiet huff, Niall stuffed the poster under a plate of his armour and pushed the door open.

If there were any guarantees in life; adventurers congregating in taverns and inns before a job would be one of them. A few standout characters took Niall's eye as he slowly made his way around, soon reaching the bar and slipping a couple of coins to the bartender, ordering a cider and asking where those who sought the bounty would gather. Niall was pointed to a candle lit table with a couple of people present already. One was immodestly dressed, another a lizard with a gun, a young man with a decrepit stick for a weapon, another was too suave for his own good, one seemed fairly ordinary and the one with red hair was missing an eye. A fairly varied gathering to say the least. With a hefty thud, Niall sat down in a free chair, setting down his drink upon the table.

"Greetings." The cold, stilted and metal-backed tone of Niall's voice sounded from the closed helm. He said little else, waiting for the others to make their judgments and speak first.

Mentions/Interactions: Everyone present (Except for Morrigan), so: Uasal Uasal Voider Voider Ice Ice Ice Ice Ice Ice Valkan Valkan Gaius Danius Griinia Gaius Danius Griinia Perdict Perdict

ecd.png
Jack Hayfield
Uasal Uasal

“You’re useless!” The witch yelled, throwing another bottle at the centaur’s head that shattered on the wall inches from his face.

“I-I was s-scared. I’m-I’m sorry. I-I forgot…”

“How can you forget the entire reason you went there?!”

Jack audibly whimpered, closing in on himself as he was verbally berated. He had failed to get a dragon scale in his last quest, his cowardice winning over his need to please others. She slammed a flyer down in front of him, pointing to it. It was a bounty notice for a gang called the Backstreet Boys. His ears flattened even further when he read the word gang. She wanted him to get killed!

“You survived a dragon. This should be a piece of cake. One of the gang members stole a particularly important heirloom of mine. A ring.” She hands him a small colored drawing of the heirloom in question. “Follow along with those little adventurers and find it. You might actually get a little coin from it as well.”

He was about to protest, his mouth opening like a fish before closing again as she glared at him. “O-Okay.” She nods at this response.

<3

Jack nervously navigated to the streets before arriving at the entrance of The Boar Hoof Inn, clambering to get inside before it got any darker. Weaving through the much taller people, he attempted to get the owner’s attention, who gave him directions to the correct table.

“T-Thank you.” He mumbled towards them before going to the table.

“S-Sorry. Hello.” Jack says as he walks up, his eyes barely going over the table. He pulls out a chair with a bit of effort, straining against its weight before he climbs up on it, sitting down. “Sorry to intrude. Um. I’m here for the bounty as well.” He laughs nervously as he picks at his cuticles. Blood builds on his lip as he continues to bite the skin off before putting a finger to his mouth to bite at his nail.

1girl, full body, robot body, mechanical arms, doll joints, green skin, stitches s-2622907544.png
Model ST3-LL4
Mentions: Everyone in the room, but especially Gaius Danius Griinia Gaius Danius Griinia (Rios)

When Stella first set out on her adventure, she didn’t figure she needed that much money. She was an android, after all. She didn’t need to eat or drink water, and she didn’t need eight hours of sleep. If she felt like it, she could spend the entire night in the streets without having to invest in what would be necessities for most people. That being said, Stella wasn’t completely self-sufficient. There was one thing she wanted for herself that she needed money to afford, and that was oil.

Her energy supply was pretty much eternal, but the “body”, or rather, the chassis that hosts her soul, required occasional maintenance, lest it wear down due to extensive exposure to the elements, friction, etc, and repairs don’t exactly make or pay for themselves when you’re a patchwork android like Stella. As such, even if her past efforts to earn some kind of funding were fruitless, Stella had to find a way to pay for her own tune-ups… and the bottle of oil she’d set off with was starting to run out.

She’d decided on wandering around Ryke, asking around to see if anyone needed help with any quests or tasks, but it was hard for her to secure proper recompenses for even the most menial of endeavors since she wasn’t really a member of any guilds. The lead she’d found out happened to catch her attention out of sheer chance. A gang of roughnecks named “The Backstreet Boys” had planted their roots in the town of Carbon, and according to rumors, there were shady trades being undergone there, like narcotics and even slaves.

“Sounds like a job for the Adventurers Guild… also known as, not me.” she told herself. “Though, if I’m lucky enough, maybe a kind soul could offer me a bottle or two of oil in exchange for my services.”

With little other option, Stella decided to bypass the morality protocol she’d been developing, with the justification being that her own survival supersedes trivialities like that in the priority bracket. In layman’s terms, if she wasn’t going to look out for herself, no one will. That’s how Stella found herself once again in a tavern, this time in the Boar’s Hoof Inn.

As soon as Stella stepped foot into the tavern, several eyes fell on her. She recognized some of the stares shot her way were lecherous in nature, and others bore quizzical daggers into her iron skin with more confusion and curiosity than anything else, but one way or another, she was far from comfortable. Her eyes darted from one side of the tavern to the other. Maybe, just maybe, if she found some ragtag group of oddballs that stood out on their own accord, then maybe…

That’s when she locked eyes with him. The funny man from last time. If there was one thing she learned from her last adventure, or attempt thereof, it was the man’s name. She waved a metallic arm from side to side and yelled out his name in the girliest voice her synthesizer could handle. “Rios!”

While she was indeed glad to see a familiar face, she wanted more than anything to make it look like she didn’t come here on her own… her own well-being took priority, after all. She took a seat next to Rios and greeted him the same way she would an old friend… hypothetically speaking. She pulled out what little she had left of the rusty bottle of oil and plopped it onto the table before addressing everyone else. “Sorry I’m late,” she told everyone. “This girl needed to get herself all oiled up for the occasion.”

The urge to self-destruct out of embarrassment after realizing how that came out was only outweighed by her concern fo the lives of everyone else in the tavern… that, and she actually did not possess such a feature at the moment. Would be pretty useful if she could, though.

1685914319594.png

The tavern's master was an odd sort of character. Just one look at him was enough for anyone to tell he was more than likely into some shady business himself. That being said, his comments toward Shere at least seemed clear him of any relation to the 'Backstreet Boys' gang. Though, with how he spoke about them, it seemed rather evident he was at least familiar with them and their like.

Though that was neither here nor there, shelter and a drink, that's what Shere had asked for. Though it wouldn't be what he would get.

"Didn't I tell you t' scram pretty boy! Go on, Git! Place is booked up, 'venturers guild footed the bill.". Leaning across the counter the man would glare menacingly at Shere, looking him up and down. "You keep looking at m' daughter like that and I'ma beat ya punk. You want ale, go get it elsewhere! 'les you're one o' dem 'venturers, I aint servin ya. Git!"
Perdict Perdict

'Delta'
1685917478197.png
Alternate identity F in effect -
Sasha Leonard - [Adventurer] [Scout] [Kind] - A common Adventurer

As everybody arrived at the table and introduced themselves, Delta would greet them with a smile and give her name as 'Sasha'. Allowing all who asked to take a seat around the table as well as offering to pay for any ale they wished to order while they awaited the designated meeting time.

Delta didn't have to wait long at the table for a sizable crowd to gather around her. It seemed the bounty had attracted quite a lot of attention, far more than she would have expected to be honest. Tackling bandits let alone gangs tended to be considered more on the 'dirty' side of adventuring tasks. Not many had the stomach to willingly put themselves up against other humanoid races where it was likely to end in a killed or be killed situation. That being said, three women had gone missing and everyone these days loved to play the hero. Chuckling to herself Delta wondered just how many of those gathered were actually hoping to take the entire gang alive.

Though her chuckling was soon disrupted quite abruptly when a familiar face came to sit at the table. Ryan. One of that Baroness' damn dogs. Had he been sent to keep an eye on her? Surely not, this was Ironwright County, the Baroness had no authority here! Tsk, how troublesome. Downing the rest of her ale in one swift motion Delta mentally cursed Regula and her white-haired guard.

But with everyone gathered, and the witching hour close at hand, Delta had no real option but to grit her teeth and continue with the job at hand. The assassination of the Backstreet boys Leader- 'Carter the Nicker'. (As in someone who steals)

Indeed this bounty was nothing more than an elaborate cover for the assassination of a criminal that had gotten far too aspirational and gone above his paygrade. The bounty itself was legitimate, the gang was the target, they could be taken dead or alive and the Adventurers guild was backing it. All of this was true, but for Delta, her mission was to take the man's head and ensure he wouldn't end up causing any more trouble than he already had for the client.

Looking around at those who had gathered and having checked the clock one final time, Delta, or rather Sasha, would begin the briefing.

Smiling cheerfully and with a warm and gentle tone 'Sasha' would bow her head politely and then clap her hands together before addressing the table "Okidoki, let's get started shall we!"

"Sooo! My name is Sasha, Sasha Leonard. I'm a rookie adventurer with the Ryke branch of the adventurers guild. I'm a scout, which means I'm good at going on ahead and checking areas for any obvious traps. That said, I'm not all that good when it comes to combat so I'll be relying on you guys to cover me in that sense. Oh oh, and I'm like, here to relay the bounty details to you guys for the guild! But like, I'm not your boss or anything. It's just the clerk couldn't make it so I'm filling in for her since I'll be participating anyway!"

Laughing softly and hitting her head gently with a balled fist 'Sasha' was playing herself off as quite the foolish and naive scout. Selling it quite well with her [Deception F] skill but not well enough to deceive anyone with [Insight E] or above. Nor Ryan. Those who had such a skill would see this woman was clearly lying about needing to rely on the team for combat.

Continuing after a brief silence and a sigh 'Sasha' got a little more serious with her tone and demeanor
"So, the bounty. Rumour has it the 'Backstreet Boys' have their base somewhere here in town. Well actually it's not a rumor, the guild and guard know it's located under the 'Talon' Bar and Inn. At least one of them is."

Tilting her head and chuckling awkwardly Delta took a moment to think about how to phrase what she was going to say next. But after a few seconds continued once again "Well see, that's where it gets messy. There's apparently another base just outside of town, in a cave just north of here. It's in the forest near some old dead tree sticking out atop the entrance. Intel would suggest it's likely the place those women are being held as well as where the boss most likely is. It's also most likely to be the most fortified location of the two."

"Soooo, there's a dilemma, two locations. Which means two teams. How do you guys want to do this? I'll be going with the cave team, with it being dark out and traps more than likely being in place, it's only natural. Also, just so you know, those heading to the town base, that's where all the illegal goods are likely stored, money and the like too. Don't think it's going to be a walk in the park either."

Just as she was about done talking Delta looked to Rios and laughed softly "Oh sorry, I almost forgot. No, the Guild will not be insuring your weapons, but they will be paying you so, there's that! Sorry!"
Trystan1295 Trystan1295 Gaius Danius Griinia Gaius Danius Griinia Voider Voider SoftSmile SoftSmile Valkan Valkan Nero Kunivas Nero Kunivas Ice Ice Ice Ice Ice Ice

1685917651089.png
Bandit
Grade ?

Morrigan wouldn't be outside all that long before an unsavory fellow would approach from the shadows with a sword in hand and very clearly willing to use such if it became necessary. Though the man a quite round and sluggish in his movements, it was clear he possessed above-average strength. Kind of like how his stench was just that, above average in strength.

"Oi, oiiiii. what do we 'ave 'ere. You one of them adventurers here for the bounty?" Whistling sharply the man would approach Morrigan slowly until he was within striking range and looming over her. With her hands working the well the woman was in quite an awkward position, to cast a spell she'd need to let go of the rope, but would she be faster than his blade? Was that a risk she was willing to take?

"Come on doll, how's about you tell me a bit about yourself. You know, you and your friends. The ones who want to hurt me and my friends. How many are inside? Where are they heading? Play nice and I'll let you live. a fair deal if you ask me"

If you choose to engage in combat note that action economy will activate. You will be limited to 3 actions per round of combat and though you won't die in this RP, you may be knocked out.
Ian Temero Ian Temero

Last edited:

Darin

Interactions: "Sasha" ( Uasal Uasal )

Darin 256x256.png
Not long after Darin took a seat, a multitude of people began arriving one by one. Most seemed a part of the group, though a couple appeared to just be here for the inn itself. He simply sat back in his chair, staying silent while watching all of the newcomers enter. It was an odd group to be sure, but he had come to expect the unexpected from this world months ago.

When the woman originally at the table spoke, Darin listened to this "Sasha" carefully, in order to have a full and clear understanding of the situation. He was skeptical, as something about the way she spoke seemed off [Insight F], though he couldn't place why. Regardless, there was a job that needed doing, one that also needed to be split between those gathered. "I'll go with either group, I don't mind. Both sound important targets." Darin paused for a moment, mulling over something, before leaning forward in his chair with narrowed eyes. "However, I must ask: Why did the town's guard not crack down on this gang or request guild support earlier? Looks to me that they either intentionally let this get out of hand, or there's some other reason that we're not being told." Perhaps his assumption was completely wrong, but better to question than to ignorantly ignore.

Morrigan.jpgMorrígan Durnin

Interactions: Uasal Uasal 's Bandit

Who knew lowering a bucket would take so long? If it took much longer Morrigan swore her hand would get rope burn. Just as she thought she was making progress though some fatso showed up and started threatening her. Stupid asshole. "Adventures? Bounty? No idea what the hell you're talking about, dude." She said as she continued to let the rope down. Out of the corner of her eye she gave the man a once over. Big, fat (some of it probably hiding some muscle), ugly, stinky, and looking like he would cause trouble no mater what. She used to slaughter thugs like this for breakfast. Though she had noticed a drop in her power she doubted it would make too much a difference against this guy. However there was that crime detector she had to be wary of.

With a sigh Morrigan let go of the rope and turned to face the large man towering over her. "Look," she began, placing a hand on her hip as the splashing of the bucket hitting water echoed up the well. "I came out to wash blood off my hands, not get more on them. So here's a counter offer; Walk away and I'll let you live. Sound fair, Tubs?"

Then a smirk ran across her lips. "You don't mind me calling you Tubs, right?" She taunted. "Or maybe you'd prefer Stench?"

Rios
Uasal Uasal Trystan1295 Trystan1295

Rios looked over to see his construct companion from his last adventure had showed up for this one. Stella was her name if he was remembering right. She had proven herself a reliable member last time so he'd be happy to adventure alongside her again. Although given how he had utterly failed the whole quest and disappointed the guild. Rios wasn't holding his breath on becoming a member anytime soon. Sasha was the name of their leader for this mission. She didn't really see herself as their leader but Rios knew SOMEONE had to be in charge. Leaders provided direction for groups to follow. He himself wasn't qualified to be a leader yet. His role currently was just trying to make it as a for real adventurer. Sasha apparently wasn't a combat type. No matter, an adventuring party was comprised of people of many different talents. He reckoned she was more like a Scout than a Thief or Assassin. Information was always useful, especially against criminals. Their primary plan was to split into two separate groups. Rios was unsure how he'd contribute to either of them. He didn't really have any particular skills to speak of. The last time he did anything of note was pure luck.

Bemoaning how unlucky he seemed to be after Sasha pointed out they weren't getting weapon insurance. Rios prayed for a [Lucky D] event to turn things around for him. Unfortunately a barmaid spilled some ale on his shirt. Placing his stick aside so he could clean himself as best he could. The makeshift weapon fell to the ground where it was stepped on by a drunk lumberjack. Contemplating what cruel plans the universe had for him. Rios remembered there was a well out back. He'd seen it whilst looking for free food. Handing the barkeep his stick so the guy could use it for firewood. Rios heroically did the walk of shame out the back to clean up his only good shirt.

“W-Wait wait…You’re not a fighter?” He asks as Sasha explains the situation. The guild subsides in his stomach as he realizes he isn’t the only useless one. Well, she could identify traps, so she wasn’t useless. Well, maybe he could stay beside her when everyone else was fighting. He usually felt the most comfortable when hiding behind someone bigger than him–Which was almost everyone.

Jack listened as she further explained, still a bit confused. “We-We’re splitting u-up?” He desperately wanted to go with the cave team, but knew that the item he was looking for would most likely be in the town hideout. Well, at least he didn’t have any weapons that would need insurance, even though he should probably have brought a dagger or something of the sort.

“Um, I can go with the town team, if that’s okay.”

He looked around at the others, his ears flattening as he laid his eyes on Stella and then Niall and shrunk down in his seat, obviously frightened by their appearances but polite enough to stay quiet about it. He avoided eye contact with them, opting to look in Sasha’s general direction.

6687678b-0af4-4e21-bf0b-7d159d3a0160.png

Shere
Shere did not laugh at the tavern master's attempt to threaten him but he stood tall as he was, gaze steady and locked to the man's eyes, and the ever so slight smirk on his lips spoke plenty. Especially when the poor barmaid spilled a serving on one of the guests exactly as her father raised his voice. Wordlessly he palmed his money back, shrugged and walked away. He knelt next to the girl, who was desperately apologizing to the departing Rios while scrubbing the floor with a rag, picked up the half empty mug off the floor and gently waved her away with quiet words of encouragement.

Father and daughter were turning different shades of red as Shere slid along one of the bench seats on the adventurers' table and mingled with the party, legs crossed to the side and chin resting on his hand as he looked over the wanted posters and the party both. If service was already paid for then why not? Might as well. Besides, he couldn't help but overhear. "A bit of gold can take up a lot of attention, as long as things stay nice and quiet." He offered to Darin and took a swig of the ale, supressing a gag at its taste. "Ah but where are my manners. My name is Shere, struggling martial artist by trade."

He tapped his knuckles on the table, smiling all along, carrying loose and calm himself like he belonged. "So, the cave holds hostages and is likely to have the stiffer resistance? Then that is where I'm going, if there are no objections or requests?"

(Interactions: Everyone in the room Uasal Uasal Voider Voider SoftSmile SoftSmile Trystan1295 Trystan1295 Ice Ice Ice Ice Ice Ice Valkan Valkan Nero Kunivas Nero Kunivas and shoutout to Gaius Danius Griinia Gaius Danius Griinia since I used something he wrote.)

397413.jpg

John Doe [Reading Music]

John’s arrival and introduction was soon followed by the arrival and introduction of many others. Apart from Darin, a colorful cast of characters joined the group and expressed their interest in the bounty of the barbaric band of brigands that thrived in town of Carbon.

Not one for drawing too much attention, John took a back seat and grabbed a free seat, sitting down beside Sasha while the rest of their growing group spoke. Not one to turn down a free drink, John called the attention of the barkeep with a raised finger.

“A pint of your freshest milk for me!” He had no plans to ask for ale. Hopefully, Sasha did not mind.

Listening intently, John remained silent, his milky mustache become thicker and frothier as the conversations went on. He got the gist of what they needed to do and believed that with their numbers, success was a possibility. It was not high, very unlikely to be so, but it still was a possibility.

The Lizardman's words had suggested that there was some sort of corruption within the walls of the town, but maybe the county as well, but sadly these merely served as side thoughts for John. He was preoccupied with the task presented to them and couldn’t distract himself with maybes and what ifs for the time being.

Jack, and the newest addition to their party, Shere, both agreed to the plan Sasha had presented and had given their preferences in regards to which team they would be a part of. Not wanting to linger too much on the decision, John gently set down his milk and went next.

“I’m capable of using magic to a certain extent.” A small blue translucent sphere of mana slowly formed just in from of him before immediately dissipating into nothing as soon as it formed. “I believe I’ll be more useful inside the town.” With a nod, he picked up his mug and continued to drink his milk.

Interactions: Uasal Uasal Voider Voider Valkan Valkan Gaius Danius Griinia Gaius Danius Griinia Perdict Perdict Nero Kunivas Nero Kunivas SoftSmile SoftSmile Trystan1295 Trystan1295

Last edited:
Ryan Kylieth

Ryan took a seat, since Sasha didn't mind all that much. Despite knowing it was a ruse, Ryan maintained a friendly smile and didn't say a word as Sasha introduced herself. Going for a more serious tone, the assassin in hiding explained the situation to the group. Seeing as they had to split in two and given he had unlocked some of the potential of his eyes, and even one skill that spread all over his body, he wanted to do a trial by fire sort of thing. So he stated "I'd like to go with the cave group, If you all don't mind" the lizard man had a valid point in his question. A few theories ran through Ryan's head, but remained silent to see what Sasha had to say about it.

On a someone related note, Ryan's [Tremorsense C] Picked up something going on outside. Ryan murmured to those present at the table "There's an armed fellow out back with the lady who came to wash herself, should we let that be, or do we start our task early on? Then again, I don't know if this guy is part of the Backstreet Boys..."

Model ST3-LL4
Mentions: Gaius Danius Griinia Gaius Danius Griinia , Ian Temero Ian Temero , Uasal Uasal (Big Stench)

IMG_0099.pngStella rubbed her chin as she listened to the young lady explaining the situation to the ragtag gang. She didn’t know anyone at the table other than Rios, but since he didn’t really give an immediate answer, she decided to do some thinking on her own.

The group was to split into two teams, with each team taking on one of the gang’s bases of operations… or should Stella say, “alleged” bases of operations. Since wasn’t the distrusting type, but Sasha’s language when discussing the “apparent” location of the base hidden in the cave didn’t really instill confidence in her. Still, if anyone else knew the Guild meant business, it had to be her (or Rios, y’know).

After giving everything a logical analysis, the results were conclusive enough: the probability of the group’s success would be higher if she took the cave route. This was the result of several calculations of hypothetical scenarios pieced together, given the variables provided by Sasha and what little she knew about the Backstreet Boys and their modus operandi. More specifically, it was the fact that the cave was going to be fraught with traps that tilted the odds in that route’s favor. Stella wasn’t the most suited for one-to-one combat, as that wasn’t really one of the functions she was equipped to handle with at the moment. She did have some tools she could offer in terms of self-defense, such as her artificially enhanced strength [Superstrength F] that made her fists [Natural Weapons (Iron Fists) F] pack quite a punch, no pun intended. Worst case scenario, she always had access to a limited external application of the Bio-Electricity that powered her [Taser Fist F].

That being said, these offensive abilities paled in comparison to her defensive ones. For starters, she didn’t possess organic skin like most of the others [Natural Armor (Iron Skin) E], and couldn’t feel tired or sleepy, even in long, drawn-out combats that would exhaust most humans [Resistance (Aging, Fatigue) E]. So what if her leg got caught in a snare or anything of the sort? She figured Sasha would be very helpful at discerning and disarming traps, but if push came to shove, she could always count on Stella to be her proverbial guinea pig, and being an asset to the team is all she needed… if she wanted to ensure her cut of the payout, of course.

Stella was about to call out to Sasha about her decision when the sound of something very loud falling against the floor caught her attention. Her head swiveled to face the source, only to find that one of the bar’s staff had spilled some ale on Rios’s clothes. “He hasn’t changed a bit, has he?” she thought to herself. A soft giggle escaped her lips, but in the instant she’d taken her eyes off him, he’d stepped away from the room. The thought of leaving the man alone crossed Stella’s mind, but she noticed he’d left his weapon behind. “How careless of him… Sure, his weapon may not be more than a glorified stick, but he can’t be strutting around without anything to defend himself with knowing this town is overrun with bandits! He’s going to be a walking target at this rate…”

She wasn’t sure what to do. Unfortunately for her, she didn’t have the charisma to ask the barkeep for the stick back… he was quite scary, actually. As much as he looked like the kind of guy who was all bark and no bite, she’d rather stayed away from the bark regardless. She wasn’t out to ruin her reputation over a measly stick, and Rios probably wouldn’t want it anyway. No, Stella had a much better idea. She never thought of herself as one, but for some intents and purposes, she was a weapon in and of herself. Maybe she could defend him if push ever came to shove, or she could at least talk some sense into the guy. Either way, she had to follow Rios around the building. Giving Sasha a meek “excuse me…”, she weaseled out of the bar and rounded the corner.

Imagine her surprise when she found a bandit accosting someone behind the building… and it wasn’t Rios. Actually, she said that, but given the way the young lady was taunting the portly plunderer, she couldn’t bring herself to take a confident decision on who was the one in trouble. From the way things looked, it was almost as if the man with the sword was in need of saving. Just in case, she thought she’d ask, so she approached the two and gave them a friendly wave of her hand to hopefully catch their attention. “Excuse me, sir! Is this young lady bothering you?”

Shei
1686202894564.png
She knew this was going to be a dangerous mission ever since she heard of the Back Street Boys gang in the hospital she was helping out at. She saw them, their victims, people who were robbed those who lost all their money on drugs and now deal with consequences, and those who were robbed of all their money and then started to do drugs. Shei wasn't a good fighter she was a healer first of all but it didn't matter after she saw the pain and fear in people's eyes she knew she had to try to stop it no matter what.

Wandering the dark alleys trying to find a tavern was not one of the young genasis's habits, she tried to dress in darker colors, look invisible but dangerous. Even if she didn't feel like it worked she could not show it because who knows what kind of people would be in the tavern? Or maybe she was overreacting... She fought her urge to come early, the key to being unnoticed is to appear in a crowd but not be the last one to get there hopefully she succeeds in that. She stayed quiet a bit unnerved looking at everyone gathered. At least Sasha seemed nice enough.

"I'll go with the cave team," She said trying to sound confident but something inside her told her that she should add a reason just in case. She needed to find the missing girls. "I can treat the kidnapped girls if they've been harmed...or the team we need to save them no matter what." She talked too much she just hopes no one figures her out. She felt like a sheep in wolves' den.

'Delta'
1686255607423.png
Alternate identity F in effect -
Sasha Leonard - [Adventurer] [Scout] [Kind] - A common Adventurer

Delta's smile held true when Darin moved to ask a question, her eyes and attention shifting to the lizard man so as to portray she was interested in what it was he had to say. She was not. 'What an idiotic question' she thought to herself. Was this lizard beastkin simple or just overtly naive? There were several reasons why the guards might not have cracked down on such a gang, namely - 'money'. Just as Delta was about to give Darin her response a tall and rather 'pretty' man approached the table and did so in her stead. At least someone around here could use their head.

"Shere, the pleasure is mine. Sasha Leonard at your service. Though I assume you already knew that with how you've been listening in from the start." Letting out a soft sigh and a cheerful chuckle, Delta rolled her shoulders and threw up her arms sporadically "Well, whatever, the more the merrier I suppose. The bounty is open to all. Besides, I'd feel a lot safer with a martial artist at my side. Caves can be quite hazardous locations for mages and those who utilize long weapons.".

Turning to Jack there after Sasha moved a hand to his head and began to ruffle his hair in a playful manner. "Nope, not me! I'm just a humble scout. Info's the name of the game for me I'm afraid. But hey, aren't you just the cutest!". Trying to comfort the [Cuddly] and [Helpless] ally she had just acquired, Delta spoke further to the beastkin "Sure thing, the town it is. Even If we're splitting up you should be plenty safe. Just look at all the strong-looking friends you've got here around this table!" It was at that point John shared his willingness to join the town team.
"See! A mage! John here will keep you safe!". Nodding her head happily Delta hummed to herself "So that's two for the Cave and two for the Town. What about the rest of yo..."

Why was everyone leaving? THIS WAS AN IMPORTANT MEETING!

The first to leave was Rios, Followed then by his robot gf. How rude! This was an important strategy meeting! Tsk!

Looking back to the group Shei was the next to speak on what team she hoped to join. Or more accurately from Delta's perspective - the weird blue lady who had yet to speak or introduce herself boldly proclaimed she would be joining the cave team. At least she was a healer. That made 3 for the Cave and 2 for the Town. A nice split thus far, or at least it was until Ryan had to go and sign up for the Cave team too!

'Of course! I knew he was sent to watch me, that scheming witch of a Baroness! What part of the deal we made does she think entitles her to keep tabs on my day-to-day business? What a snake!'. Clapping her hands together Delta would cheerfully announce the current standings "So that's, John and Jack for the Town. Myself, Shere, Ryan and... Sorry I never got your name what is it? Oh Darin I guess that means you'd probably be best off joining the town team! But we can wait for the others to return if you like."

Just as things were getting sorted Ryan went and made an alarming announcement. Apparently, an armed individual had appeared outside. But Delta responded not with shock or worry but with a smile and chuckle "Don't worry, that's all part of the plan. After all the guild publically announced we'd be having a meeting here did they not?"
Voider Voider SoftSmile SoftSmile Perdict Perdict Ice Ice Ice Ice Ice Ice Valkan Valkan CIVBIX CIVBIX Nero Kunivas Nero Kunivas

1686260328693.png
Tubs
Grade F Bandit

Out at the well Morrigan's attitude would only land her in hotter water with the infamous Tubs!

Somewhat taken aback by the sheer defiance of Morrigan, Tubs took a step back when she turned to face him, but quickly recovered upon being called by his name. "Oi, how'd you know who I am! I don't know you! And how dare you compare me to my brother Stentch. I'm perfectly content with my life! so what if he's got a beautiful wife and a house? You don't know me!".

Both Stella and Rios would emerge from the bar as this was unfolding. With Stella's question prompted the large man to turn to her with water-logged eyes. The man clearly trying his best not to cry "Yes! Very much so! But not for long!". Bringing his sword up into the air Tubs took a swing toward Morrigan but before anyone present could react an arrow collided with the side of the man's head, knocking him unconscious.

In the distance, one would see a city guard standing high up on a balcony. The man had clearly been stationed to deal with such interruptions. "Carry on, I'll see to it you lot aren't interrupted. Leave that blabbering fool to us."

As luck would have it, Tubs' sword would end up being knocked just outside of the guard's line of sight. Ready to be claimed by a fortunate soul.
Trystan1295 Trystan1295 Ian Temero Ian Temero Gaius Danius Griinia Gaius Danius Griinia

Combat calculation example. Guard vs Tubs.

Efficiency Formula
(Item Grade + Stat Grade + Ability Grade = Efficiency)

Guards Attack

([Bow Grade D = 3] + [Precision C = 4] + [Ability Grade D = 3] ) = Base 12 Efficency
Ability Cores and Effects =​
  1. Hotshot E - Double damage dealt on weak point hit so long as the target is of the same grade or below that of Hotshot.​
  2. Non-Lethal D - When the same grade as ability, the attack becomes nonlethal​
  3. Penetrating C - Ignor 4 Grades of armor.​

12 Efficiency, ignore 4 grades of armor, nonlethal, 2x damage to E grades or below on weak point hit.

Tubs Defence
([Bandit Leathers Light Grade F = 1] + [Speed E = 2] + [No Ability Used = 0]) = 3 Base Efficency

Competition

Guards Attack = 12 Final Efficiency
Tubs Defence = 3 Base - 1 from Penetrating C = 2 Final Efficiency

12 vs 2 = Guard victory by a value of 10.
10x2 from hot shot E = 20 damage to be dealt.

Tubs hp = 2 from Speed E.
2 - 20 = 0 hp.
Non-Lethal D Knockout.

Last edited:

Darin

Interactions: Shere ( Perdict Perdict ), "Sasha" ( Uasal Uasal ), & others.
Darin 256x256.png"Hmph, in that case, we're only here to solve a symptom of the root problem; corruption. Once this is over, I'll be sure to report that to the guild we're working for. A gang can be dealt with using brute force, but corruption needs to be thoroughly purged." He responded to Shere's comment. It would do no good for this town if those who're meant to protect it were taking bribes.

However, that was a task for later. The fact of the matter was that there was a gang to put down, possessions to return, and people to save. "Very well, I'll join those assigned to take the base in town." Darin then leaned forward and got up from his chair.

He swiftly turned his head to the door leading out back, when the red haired man mentioned the situation outside. Darin was about to run out there to assist, before Sasha stated that it was "all part of the plan". A logical plan to be sure, though he did not appreciate the unnecessary adrenaline from something that was under control.

"Well, there's no time to waste, is there? I'll be waiting by the door for when you're all ready." Grabbing his musket that he had set leaning on the table, Darin made his way to the inn's door, leaning on the wall beside it. He began to load and prime the firearm, awaiting his allies set to take down the town base.

Rios
Trystan1295 Trystan1295 Ian Temero Ian Temero

Rios had stumbled onto some kind of attempted mugging. Unfortunately he had done so at a time where he had no weapon. He didn't even have any training with unarmed combat. So he was about to start panicking when Stella turned up. The robot girl had followed him for some reason. She also just assumed the guy with the sword was the one being mugged. Then again, Rios realized that assuming the armed person was at fault could just be narrow minded thinking. Scratching the back of his neck. Rios was prepared for things to get dicey when a town guard just sniped the man with the sword. Watching the guy fold like a house of cards. The clatter of metal as his sword fell to the ground made Rios perk up his head like a Meerkat. While the probable bandit got dragged away by the guards. Rios wandered over to the cheap looking sword and picked it up by the handle. This was definitely some kind of [Iron Sword ?] from its appearance if his astute [Appraisal C] told him anything. Luckily the guard who took down the bandit had left the scabbard for Rios. Strapping it to the back of his belt. Rios took a stance and gave the weapon a few simple swings to get used to the feel. Sheathing the weapon and turning to Stella as well as the girl who was getting mugged in the first place. Rios made the bold declaration that he had no idea how to use this. Yes indeed, Rios had absolutely no training with a sword. His physical strength could compensate for a bit but eventually he'd have to figure this out.

The Legend Of Zelda GIF by GIPHY Gaming

Last edited:
Jack Hayfield
[Beast] [Child] [Cuddly] [Helpless]
Uasal Uasal Ice Ice Ice Ice Ice Ice

ecdsad.png

Jack seizes up as he is unexpectedly touched, but quickly relaxes, laughing under his breath. He smiles sweetly up to Sasha, blush building in his cheeks at her compliment. “T-Thank you!” He was reassured by her and he politely nodded, agreeing with her.

John was one of the people going with him. Jack climbs down from his chair with a bit of effort, walking over to John to properly introduce himself. “Hello. I’m Jack. It’s nice to meet you. You’re a mage?” The boy tilts his head sideways as he asks. “I think that’s really neat.”

Jack eyes the others as they walk away, but stays seated beside John while waiting for someone else to choose to go to town with them. They were both very small, and Jack felt somewhat comfortable beside him. He didn’t usually travel on these dangerous missions and meet someone who looked like him. Well, of course, they were different races–But that's besides the point.

“You look nice!” Jack adds on, wanting to make John as comfortable as possible around himself.

Morrigan.jpg
Morrígan Durnin
Interactions: Trystan1295 Trystan1295 , Uasal Uasal

⬇️
Boar's Hoof Inn

Character Grade - F

Morrigan's smirk grew as the big man looked surprised, but vanished the moment he revealed his and his brother's names. Instead she gave him a look of pity. "Oh man... I am so sorry for your parents' bad taste in names." Sure he may have almost been in tears there, but he had threatened her so Morrigan wasn't inclined to show him any mercy. Before she could continue her verbal assault however a woman's voice asked Tubs if Morrigan was bothering him. Morg's jaw nearly dropped. "Excuse me?" She snapped turning towards the voice to point out which one of them had the sword, but her words froze in her throat when she saw the android. That didn't fit. Unless she was wrong about this being a fantasy world. "The hell...?"

The bandit's sword raised up and Morrigan's eyes immediately snapped back to him. This was what she had been waiting for. Beneath her feet her shadow began to shift and stir, ready to break out of its confines. And then Tubs slumped as something slammed into his head. Morrigan blinked, not sure what had just happened until the guard called out. "Geeze, talk about a buzzkill." She grumbled, her shadow settling down. Still maybe it was for the best since she didn't want to advertise her powers. Figuring it was better not to linger she gave up on pulling up the water bucket and instead wiped what blood she could off on Tub's jacket before turning to head back inside. "Sorry for bothering an armed man." She said sarcastically as she passed the machine girl, throwing her a glare. Then muttered "Fucking robot." brushing past the man near the doorway and stepping inside.

Walking back to the main room Morrigan spotted the group of oddballs and headed over to them. "Hey," She called out, "Ran into a thug how was asking about you guys out..." but paused when she spotted the paper on the table. "Hold on! What?" She exclaimed, pushing her way between two members and snatching up the poster. She gave it a quick once over before barking out a laugh. "No way! The Backstreet Boys? You guys are hunting down the Backstreet Boys? What about the Spice Girls? You going after them next?" She cackled at her own joke, putting the page back down. "You guys have to let me in on this!"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back