• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.
This had gone much better than Mad Maw imagined, though the things she often imagined could never come to pass. Pasta breathing dragons and Shark infused tornados simply didn't exist, or the estranged tour guide she met at the entrance of this place, had lied to her(The tour guide had been her with a mustache). She had already made new friends, and felt eager to make more! Everyone was doing rather well at the boulder puzzle, and she was glad nobody was flattened "It could've flattened Kuri into a Roomba-" She babbled with laughter, following the party as they made their way further, one of the members she had only seen briefly had gone ahead.

"Maybe she woke up a mummy, or is solving a Sphinx's riddle! I did one of those blind folded! I Failed, Couldn't hear a thing-"

They eventually found where their other party member had gone, down a hole it had seemed. She couldn't help but crack up a bit, wondering how cool a mummy party member would be. "Did she jump in, did she fall, who can say? Well except the mummy that obviously pushed her into it's non living room" She said with a snort "Well I'm Mad Maw, and I am going to be jumping into this hole, hope I don't get a mummy fetish!" She cackled all the way down as she leaped down the hole with only unhinged excitement scrawled across her face.

Mentions: LadyOfStars LadyOfStars NeramoDJI NeramoDJI eloise eloise The Last Curse The Last Curse EMIYAman EMIYAman Garbage Pail Kid Garbage Pail Kid VictoryatLast VictoryatLast
OOC: Time to see how things will end
Time: 9:50am
Weather: hot in the sun. Humid and baking even in the shade. no breeze. Ruin or thick canopy gives spotty cover from the sun.
Cooldown:
TLDR: More of the party meet Rorgrim as he prepares to leave
Post Listening:

West Ryke - Jungle Ruin - North Kabnak Bank

cdb1389c28b0a9ec4489f3c03212aa44.jpg
Those that plunged after Hope were met with the same thing: darkness. Was a miracle they found the same trap, triggered it, and were able to pursue Hope while bypassing the other traps that Hope had missed in her dimly lit stumblings from earlier. With the exception of those who stayed behind, the three that hopped in would eventually see fire light toward the bottom and hit the grinding slide that would eventually level out and shoot them through the air to land with Hope in a heap within the bowl shaped cutout Hope was still in.

Assuming no one died or were too severely hurt when the party crashed into the bowl, the rumbling that had been going for some time through the ruin finally revealed the source. The boulder from earlier shot through the air, similar to the party, but form the opposite side of the large chamber. It flew through the air on a crushing course with the party, still in the stone bowl perfectly sized to the boulder. That a massive clawed hand of stone snatched it out of the air.

Rorgrim had caught the boulder and brought it close to his nose. The stone nostrils didn't flare out, but air flowed all the same, as if the massive statue was filling its lungs. Rorgrim rumbled thoughtfully. The boulder was covered in unknown debris, but it was obviously the one that had nearly crushed the party. Su Chen's hand impressions were visible as was Kurikara's slash. Rorgrim then took a bite out of the boulder as if it were an apple. Its massive jaws broke from of the stone wall and revealed a tooth lined mouth predominantly lined with flat teeth that effectively broke down the stone of the ball in its hand.

"Hmm. This stone tells me much. Thy clear eyes prove its tale. Grammercy, daughter of source, for this tidings. 'tis the time of mine leaving. I hast been hither too long. Ere i hie, wot this, daughter of source: what one is doth not matter. For what about of worry could one change aught? sit when thou might not but sit. Walk when thou might not but walk. Thou shall find thy way as it is the path thou tread. Thy offering hath been accepted"

Rorgrim replied, answering Hope's question in an unsatisfactory way. The whole chamber began to rumble as Rorgrim ripped from from the wall of the ruin. Debris showered down around them as the creature this is Rorgrim crouched before the party. He was as massive as the statue indicated he was, sitting and still a few dozen feet in the air. While the body looked like that have a massive canine, Rorgrim's head looked more like that of a man. All of his body was covered in dust and stone. It was hard to discern how much of the stone was his actual flesh and how much was fused on from untold years just sitting in place. Ready to move, he shifted to all fours to walk across the chamber, past the party, and start looking up towards the distant hole in the ceiling. His size made escape by that method plausible.

The party would have to decide whether they would find their own way back up or try hitching a ride with Rorgrim.

Su Chen

Su Chen could hear the voices of the other party members behind her and was relieved that they had chosen to accompany her in search of . Hope. Although they barely knew one another, they needed to be able to rely on each other if they were going to avoid true danger in this place and survive any threat they came up against. When the light came into view, a bright smile stretched across, Su Chen's face and she looked up to the other members of their team. "Brace for impact!" She warned quickly. Exiting the tunnel, the first thing she saw was their lost companion and immediately Su Chen fought all the momentum she had built up to turn around and run towards, Hope. "You're okay!" She cheered. Realizing that she had gotten a bit too excited, she regained her composure and cleared her throat. "Glad to see you're in one piece." Su Chen said as she patted, Hope on the shoulder.

The reunion would be cut short however as their old enemy, the boulder, made its sudden reappearance. Su Chen's heart sank when she noticed they were standing in the boulder's place and wound be crushed by its weight. But they were saved. The entity spoke to Hope in a way that suggested the two were continuing a conversation and not starting one. She couldn't help but to wonder what they had been discussing, but she could barely understand the creature. Seeing as it saved them and hadn't yet tried to maul them, she assumed it was friendly, so when it started towards the exit, Su Chen immediately thought they should hitch a ride.

"Could you carry us out?!" The brawler inquired as she rushed to grab hold of the creature's hind leg. This game was full of surprising twists and turns and so far it had managed to keep Su Chen pretty entertained. A canine sphinx was definitely something she never expected to see.

Novama Novama The Last Curse The Last Curse VictoryatLast VictoryatLast EMIYAman EMIYAman Garbage Pail Kid Garbage Pail Kid

Viktorie Elkan

"Ok- yeah sure, they're made of metal."

She blinked at Kurikara as he jumped down and waved her hands in front of her incredulously.

"But that doesn't mean they aren't expensive to fix!" The artificer rolled her eyes with a groan of dissent, crossing her arms childishly while tapping her foot, listening to the creaking of metal caused by the moisture within the ruins. That sound echoed until she felt a familiar spark of magic surge through her system, making her nose twitch as she groaned again and shook her head.

Viktorie knew she would probably have to go down there anyway... everyone else seemed too shocked by the boulder and the traps to make a move. And if this 'Echo' was injured down there... if anyone was hurt down there... it would be on her- she just knew it.

"FINE. I'm COMING dammit! You guys BETTER have found something down there..." She backed up from the hole several steps, jumping up and down to build some sense of confidence before breaking into a sprint and leaping into it.

"AaaaaAAAAAAAH-"

And thus the young woman would fall to meet her companions, one way or another.

Sage Litwile
1656988851900.png
Sage floated towards where his group had gone, fluttering along on his little fairy wings. It had taken him a while to get his sword unstuck from the ceiling, and he was now following as fast as he could after his party, fluttering towards the hole they were all hopping into. Having never been told that he shouldn't jump off a cliff if his friends are doing it, he promptly jumps off the cliff because his friends are doing it, letting the weight of his sword pull him down the shaft faster. "Wait for me guys!"

Sage fluttered his wings to stop his fall, fluttering towards the group afterwards. "Sorry guys! My sword got stuck and I can't fly that fast." He apologized for his absence, looking up at the giant stone thing with awe, before fluttering closer to his friends to see what was going on, trying to catch up on what had happened since him fluttering into the hole he had been in.

Mad Maw landed not-so gracefully amidst the rest of the party, landing with her legs nearly touching her ears though it hardly seemed to bother her as she contorted her back and flipped back into place, shaking her head and producing the sound of a maraca. Everything checked out and somehow she had survived! She became even more excited when she saw the masterfully mad machination of statue and man. She was absolutely pleased with finding rorgrim, she felt a kinship with everything weird and out of place. Her hand starting to spin the crank on her hurdy gurdy, Kanicula.

Viktorie and sage arriving as she started this little jaunt, bounding across the room as she played erratic music; clambering up Rogrim's side and sitting on his back. Her wild eyes meeting Su Chen's as she started to hang of the side. "Oh this one liked you from the start! Straight-forward does not mean simple!" She said, breaking up with a momentary cackle "Just like a pineapple is not always a sign of good fortune!" She strummed the four strings attached the front of her hurdy gurdy.

"Congratulations!~
You're friends with Mad Maw!
The Bard with A teensy flaw..."

A kazoo blowing loudly as she blew into a port on her instrument

"I'm a wild, ditzy, fritzy, cracked like an egg!
I once lived as a porch light named craig!~~"

Laughter claiming her as she fell onto Rogrim and rolled about, hooting and hollering.

As Hope awaited the guardian's answer, another familiar sound echoed behind her. It was just like the voice she heard earlier, yet it seemed to be getting closer this time. Quickly realizing what that meant, Hope turned to face the noise with an audible gasp, "Wait! They're here?!" Her eyes shined as bright as ever, "YES! I'm saved!" She beamed, watching gleefully as her allies slid into the room one by one. Though it'd only been thirty minutes since she fell, Hope felt like bringing all of them into an embrace; they'd gone out of their way just to rescue her! The fae couldn't be any more grateful. "Ah, Thank God you're all here! I knew you'd come for me!" Hope turned to Su Chen, her eyes shifting into happy, glowing arcs, "Don't you worry, Su Chen. I'm alright now. Thank you, truly."

But, as if feeling left out from the rendezvous, the same boulder from before rolled into view. However, just as quickly as it appeared, it was snatched up by Rorgrim. Hope watched speechlessly as the statue observed the boulder as if it were a piece of fruit and then took a bite out of it. Hope was tempted to ask, 'did that taste good?' but she visibly paused once the guardian shared its wisdom. Hope still had questions, of course, but eventually, Rorgrim's words started to resonate with her. "There's no use asking about my purpose. No one knows..." She thought, peering down at her wispy hands, "Rorgrim's not going to tell me. [God]'s not going to tell me. No one will! I've gotta find it myself..." Clutching her hands into fists, she nodded. For once, Hope finally understood something in this world.

Her epiphany would be interrupted by the sound of stone crumbling before her. Hope looked up, spotting Rorgrim on all fours, some of her allies already riding on him. Hope chuckled, shaking her head at the nonsensical scene, "I guess this is the first step." With that said, Hope lept forward and grabbed onto Rorgrim, slowly climbing to his back. There, she found Mad Maw, laughing and rolling as if told the funniest joke in the world. Hope didn't know what was so hilarious, but whatever it was, it didn't matter to her - at least someone was finding joy in this situation. "Just go with it." She told herself, plopping down across from the howling hyena.

Sage Litwile

1656988851900.png
Sage flew over, his Zweihander held in one hand, and the other covering his ear. Needless to say, he did not think that Mad Maw's playing was good. "Of course we'd come for you Miss Hope!" He said happily, looking at the ghostly looking girl. "Friends don't leave friends behind." He said, hugging the hilt of his Zweihander, having removed his hand from his ear to do so. He fluttered up close to the girl, smiling up at her. "Hey, are your eyes just lights? Or would it hurt if I poked them?" He asked, noticing how her eyes changed shape so radically. He refrained from poking quite yet though.

"So, I guess we should get back to the path then? Mister rock looks nice, but the guys in metal wanted us to make sure it was safe for their smart friends. If you guys can't get up there yourselves I could carry you guys back up! But I could only go one at a time." The small fairy offered to his new friends, fluttering and stabbing his Zweihander into the ground with surprising ease, sitting on it afterwards to rest his little blue wings. He looked around at his friends, needing to turn his head the whole way because he only had one eye of which to look around.

Hakumen_(Story_Mode_Artwork,_Normal).png Air whipped about him as he fell the, hole growing darker as they went deeper. At first he was falling, then as the sound of Su Chen and the rest of his companions reached, he was suddenly sliding the momentum from the fall propelling him forward. Kurikara heard a shout of warning from Su Chen. He may have sustained damage but he wasn't helpless so he braced himself. Soon finding the ground beneath him disappearing as he was propelled into the air. It was somewhat surprising but he was able to steady his mind well enough to land on legs and falling to his knees as he hit the ground. He raised himself to his feet with little fanfare, seeing that Su Chen had managed to reunite with that creature, Hope. Though he couldn't help but be put off her by how emotional she seemed, when they had fought together he had taken her for a far more colder and put together woman. Seems he was wrong. 'Proof of the fragility of mortals' "Indeed..." His inner dialogue was interrupted by a rumble. Kurikara sharply turned his head to its source finding the boulder which had almost crushed them returning, from a similar but different route. Steeling himself he called upon his rage once more. Preparing himself to once again try to stop the boulder.

Only for it to be grabbed out the air by a giant stone hand. He turned his head now noticing the giant being which dominated the ruin with its size. It spoke to them and to Hope in particular. It was speaking the common language but an antiquated version of the dialect. A form of the speech he had not heard in centuries. Kurikara did not know what to make of the thing an obvious relic of something long past, much like himself. The entire chamber rumbled as it removed itself from the rock and began to rise revealing the rest of its body. Kurikara knew he could not destroy as he is. Other members of the group began to arrive landing with them, or in one case flying up to them. He recognized the girl with prosthetics, the mad beast woman, and a small fairy wielding a sword much large than it with surprising ease. He hadn't spoke with the fairy but he did find the creature possessing of a warrior spirit. The covering across its eye and the space where its leg once was spoke of battle and sacrifice. 'The Fae is a peculiar specimen, it will fall before me like all else. But I would allow it to struggle against my might.' "I have not fought against the fairy folk in a long time. I would welcome the challenge." The fairy flew by them landing atop the stone giant as it raised from the ground the beast woman having already made her way atop it. "An unexpected ploy, but not without merit." He noticed the crafter girl lagging behind. If she was an Artificer he may yet have need of her. Seeking to catch up to the rapidly rising stone being. Kurikara scooped up Viktorie hefting the much smaller girl like a sack of potatoes. "Do not struggle girl. With this you may yet keep up and escape this place." He ran with her in tow, then leaped ontop of the things back. He dumped Viktorie's body upon the ground as he did so. His damaged armor groaning as he performed the maneuver.

Last edited:
Mentions: LadyOfStars LadyOfStars NeramoDJI NeramoDJI eloise eloise The Last Curse The Last Curse EMIYAman EMIYAman Garbage Pail Kid Garbage Pail Kid VictoryatLast VictoryatLast
OOC: Sorry for the delay
Time: 10:00am
Weather: hot in the sun. Humid and baking even in the shade. no breeze. Ruin or thick canopy gives spotty cover from the sun.
Cooldown:
TLDR: Rorgrim is leaving and the party not yet mounted would need to play catch up or get left behind. Those already mounted would need to actively hang on or fall off.
Post Listening:

cdb1389c28b0a9ec4489f3c03212aa44.jpg
On all fours, Rorgrim's back was about 25ft off the ground. Those wishing to mount him at this point would be forced to cling to his legs unless they had an ability or plan to get on top of the rocky beast. Those already on Rorgrim's back would be forced to hold on or fall off as Rorgrim began standing on his back legs from time to time as he checked out the interior of his layer for the optimal place and path to climb out. This with strength less than E grade would need to use an ability, work together, or otherwise come up with a plan for how they intended to stay mounted or hanging onto Rorgrim.

Rorgrim did not acknowledge anymore attempts to communicate. He was silent and determined. Occasionally, deep rumblings and grunts boiled over from him as he went about his business of escaping his temple. True enough, he was too large to take a standard pathway. His only way out would be the ruined ceiling above. Age had made much of his temple crumbling and unstable. It would not be an easy climb and the party wishing to ride him out would be forced to endure hardship. The cavernous chamber shook with anticipation as Rorgrim moved around, stirring up dust and causing debris to rain down.

Mad Maw was lost in her own mind palace for a time, though it was more akin to a bouncy castle on fire given her own mind. It was no longer a lonely place like it had been! Thanks to that melody that freed her mind wholly, she felt she had friends everywhere now. Madeline had been boring before dearest old Mad Maw had come along to spice up her lavender scented psyche, and she couldn't be happier than where she was now! A world unknown, with powers she never had before! Her laughter subsiding as the rest of the party started to jump onto Rorgrim. She sat up on her laurels and excitedly chattered her teeth as friends started to crowd her! What a delight! She put her instrument on her back and waved at Hope erratically

"Child of source eh? Isn't that interesting? I think Hope is much more interesting, maybe he just didn't want to ask your name? You think his brain is made of stone?" Mad Maw chattered to Hope excitedly "Or what have you and therefor by becoming it is, so on and so forth, until inevitably; we all until the end of time at which time everything all at once" She said with what she believed was a very insightful commentary on existentialism and self replication. She clapped twice in celebration as suddenly Rogrim started to move again, ascending with a steep incline that made her raise her hands in excitement. A momentary lapse of judgement that was met with immediate recompense

"Well if it isn't the consequences of my own actions haha!~"

She cackled as she felt gravity do it's inevitable work; the glint of a blade catching her eye, and without a second thought she grabbed it with both hands. The cuts along her palms being the lowest on her list of current problems as she barked with glee toward her savior.

"Helping out someone who's 1/39th canine? You must be the tooth fairy!" Her giggles rattled around her muzzle as it jiggled open and closed from the air pressure and only making her giggle even more and giving Sage an irreverent party member he had to help to safety.

Hope's eyes beamed in appreciation of Sage's fellowship. Still, an answer to his question about her anatomy did not come easily. In reality, Hope had no clue why her eyes glowed. Just another quirk of this new body, she presumed, but that brought up the same recurring question of what she was. However, that thought would fade as she answered Sage's question as best as she could, "Honestly, Sage, I don't know. I don't know much about anything, really." She nodded, and an optimistic tone slowly filled her voice, "I guess I got to change that when we finally get out of here, huh?" Then came Sage's request to prod at her eyes, and, almost by reflex, Hope's eyes shrunk in response. She thought the little fairy was adorable, but his size undeniably did not equate to his strength. A poke from him would probably take her eye out, she feared. "Uh, you don't need to poke my eyes, though - I'm sure they're still, well, eyes." Hope said, slightly raising her hands in defense, "But hey! Maybe if you find someone like me, you can ask them."

After conversing with Sage, Hope turned to speak with Mad Maw. The beast woman had said something about Rorgrim's brain, earning a brief chuckle from the fae. However, Mad Maw's philosophy would fly straight over Hope's head. She nodded along, pretending as if she'd understood, "Yeah! That's...right?" She didn't know if this was another one of Mad Maw's ravings or another piece of cryptic advice, but the words lingered in her head - even as Rorgrim started to move. Hope watched as Mad Maw started to fall off, and soon enough, she started to slip too.

"Oh, come on. Not again!" She protested, clinging onto Rorgrim's back for dear life. Unfortunately, Hope's arms were not strong enough to bear her weight, and eventually, she felt her grip loosen. "Just when I got out of that pit?!" She thought, but unlike the pit, there'd be no slide to break her fall or companions to rescue her - that'd just be it. But, unlike that trap, she could do something here to save herself.

Hope focused her magic again, shutting her eyes and routing shadow mana towards her hands. She pressed her palms forward and extended two broad shadows alongside Rorgrim's back, sending an iridescent charge of chaos through them once they pooled at the base of her dangling feet. "[Umbral Grasp]!" Hope muttered, as two long, solid shadowy tentacle-like appendages shot up from under her feet and laid perpendicularly across her back, cradling her against Rorgrim. The appendages wouldn't last long, but with some luck, they'd hopefully keep her from slipping farther or at least present an opportunity for someone to grab her.

• Umbral Grasp - Magic Range F + Magic Targets F + Affinity F (Chaos) + Affinity F (Shadow) - Hope extends a veil of shadows along the floor and imbues it with chaos once it reaches a target, striking them with a dark, tentacle-like appendage. Works up to 10ft and up to 2 targets.

Su Chen

1657379206998.png

Su Chen watched and counted the faces she saw climb onboard the stone giant, making sure that everyone was accounted for. The beast, Kurikara, the fairy, Hope, the pink haired girl. Seemed like everyone was present as the statue started to move. With all the rumbling and shaking, Su Chen had to tighten her grasp on the creature's leg. Falling down the trap had been a much smoother form of travel through the temple than this free ride. More than once she bumped her head against the statue's leg, but she didn't dare complain. Instead she thought about how she had wasted the group's time by bringing them down there. It seemed that Hope was never in any danger and this entity would have given her a lift. Her hasty decision had cost them time.

Sighing heavily, Su Chen cleared her mind and shook her head to free herself of her doubt. Everyone was fine and they would soon continue with their task. She glanced upward, spotting the debris that had started to fall down on top of them. Quickly she tucked her body against Rorgrim and tried to avoid becoming a victim, but that was when she spotted, Hope falling...again. At this point they would need to tie a rope around the woman's waist. Standing on Rorgrim's hind leg, she was one of the people at the back of the pack and furtherst down the statue's body, putting her in a perfect position to catch anyone that fell. Hope had managed to catch herself, but who knew how long that spell would hold. "I'll catch you!" Su Chen called up to mage as she stretched her arm out, a precaution to prevent, Hope from catching her off guard.

Novama Novama The Last Curse The Last Curse

Sage Litwile

1656988851900.png
Sage held on when the giant stone monster began to move, easily able to stay on, until he saw Mad Maw beginning to fall off because of her being a tiny weak little bard who skipped every type of day, and Sage knew he had to help. After all, even if her music was awful, she was a friend. He floated over off the giants back, putting his sword out for her to grab, letting her hang on. "I'm not a tooth fairy! I'm a strong fairy!" He protested, before looking up and seeing Hope hanging from the rock man as well, floating up towards her. "Don't worry Miss Chen! I have her!" He called back down, using that A grade speed of his to float up towards Hope, using the leather strap of his Zweihander to let Mad Maw hang on, while grabbing onto the back of Hope's shirt, using his open hand to grab on to the rock monster and hold on tight.

"Does anyone know if the metal man and metal leg lady grabbed on?" Sage asked, looking around for Kurikara and Viktorie while he held Hope and Maw with ease, despite his very tiny size. The boys might coming in handy by preventing any serious injury to the two women. Huh. Sage had only just noticed that the only boys were him and the metal man. He began to think, wondering why most of the groups he joined seemed to always be a majority of girls. Maybe just a coincidence. Oh well. "Are you doing okay down there Mrs. Chen?" He called down, checking to see if she was doing okay.

OOC: Sorry for the delay. Make final posts.
Time: 10:10am
Cooldown:
TLDR: Some were better at hanging on than others, but all were able to hitch a ride on Rorgrim out of the ruin.
Post Listening:

Some were better at clinging onto Rorgrim than others. Hope was fortunate to have friends and that her dark magic was too weak to harm the large, rock beast. Would have been unfortunate to antagonize their ride in addition to falling off. Rorgrim, unperturbed, eventually found what he was looking for and stood high on his hind legs before vaulting up the wall.

Rock and debris rained down below the party as they were pressed into Rorgrim's back from the exertion of the stone beast to escape the stone prison. Muscles and limbs as firm as a stony cliffface worked to propel all through the opening in the roof. Their force of escape was so much, they passed the jungle in a moment to break through the canopy. The party would need to watch their heads.

For a moment, the party was able to take in the view of the surrounding jungle and the lands and places beyond beneath a morning sun. An audible rumble emanated deep in Rorgrim's chest at the sight of the modern world. Soon gravity returned and the wind whistled around the party upon reentry. While the stone beast would, no doubt, be fine, its rocky hide left much to be desired for his passengers. The canopy they passed through for a 2nd time would likely catch some of the party members for better or worse and offer greater cushion. Those still clinging on would be shook free by Rorgrim as he shook off the jungle debris like a dog and started to trot away into the jungle.

aerial-view-of-a-tropical-rainforest-with-many-clouds-covering-the-picture-id1281517932

Mad Maw was having a blast, and couldn't recall a time she had more fun! Everyone had managed to survive and climb up with Rogrim; She knew she had sensed great power in the people she had decided to tread danger with. Her intuition had often led her astray (making deals with cotton candy wizards), but sometimes it hit the mark. She couldn't stop giggling the whole time as air rushed through her fur. "I think they landed on ol' Roggy so that's everybody. I wonder how many timelines there were where I died in there! Or became gorgonzola! Would that make all my jokes cheesy?" She asked, laughter being caught in the air as wind howled passed her. Dark and dingy ruins being replaced with balmy and bright skies as the stone beast launched through the canopy like a force of nature.

She hadn't been this high before and the view was breathtaking; her eyes shone against the vibrant vista. Nature was just as mad as she is, and so too, was it beautiful. "It must be amazing to fly! This view is beautiful! I mean it could use a little silly string and abstract terror though" She chattered to Sage as they flew back down to the surface. Mad Maw too impatient for her own good; she let go of Sage and chose to instead cannonball into the vines of the canopy below. "Now this is fun I could get used to!" She cackled, clambering through down the trees without very much grace, but managing to make it to the underbrush, scratched and bruised, but relatively unharmed.

"Can we do that again? I don't think I've had that much fun since I've arrived here!" Mad Maw waved goodbye to Rorgrim before waltzing in place for a time, celebrating another ruin she wasn't killed in. "This is definitely my third favorite tourist attraction I've been to since I morbed here ya know?" She bounced between the party members as she talked, strange, but ult
imately genuine in her enjoyment of their company "Oh Oh! My favorite place has been Bimduck's Grey Matter Museum. Dogs really like the color palette!" She said, cracking herself up again; starting to snoop around Su Chen, and realizing she was indeed quite a small creature compared to the rest "Your arms are like angry war crabs! I could make a ballad about The Battle Angel who brawled a boulder!" She said excitedly "Think about it, I could get you in touch with my agent you know" She said with a devious smile "Wanna meet him?" She asked, waving Su Chen to lean closer before revealing her own hand with a pair of googly eyes.

"Agent Handson!"

Su Chen

Their escape from the ruins had been extraordinary and the view that greeted them upon their rise into the sky was beyond breathtaking. That was when Su Chen realized this new world was full of such wonder and beauty, even more than her own world. But this was her world now and she was happy to stay and soak in the splendor. As they began their descent, she felt the wind whirling through her dress and jacket, even her hair came untied and whipped around in the wind. Plummeting to the ground, she spared a brief moment to look upward, trying to assess if anyone was in danger, but she could barely see.

Then they crashed down and Su Chen leapt from Rogrim's leg to the nearest tree, which didn't stand for very long after the statue landed. As her tree was topple over, she threw herself from it, hitting the ground and rolling. The wind was knocked out of her and she collected a few scrapes and bumps, but she was otherwise all right.

Right away she could hear the chatty beastfolk yammering on, but she had no interest in whatever craziness the creature was spewing this time around. When Mad Maw approached her, Su Chen stepped back and waved her hand disapprovingly. Until she saw the agent that the woman spoke of. Then her expression became blank and she let out a heavy sigh. "Listen you crazy dingo, I don't have time for your antics." She declared while her fingers combed backward through her hair, pulling it out of her face. "I have to go find the military folk and let them know what happened. Tell the others i wish them well and to come find me again one day."

While the idea of a bard singing her praises was enticing, Su Chen hadn't come to this forest ruin to became a song for people to drink ale to. She needed to find the nearest military outpost and begin the long work of claiming their ranks. "Perhaps we'll meet again, Maw. Good luck out there and stay safe!" With that, Su Chen started her trek back towards the way she had entered the forest. The view from above gave her a great lay of the land, so she would find her way with little trouble. And although the idea of traveling alone made this somewhat less exciting, Su Chen expected Kurikara to have his own goals and couldn't expect anyone to pursue the military with her. So she was off to face the world alone, and hopefully acquire some worthwhile rewards.

Novama Novama Garbage Pail Kid Garbage Pail Kid EMIYAman EMIYAman VictoryatLast VictoryatLast The Last Curse The Last Curse NeramoDJI NeramoDJI eloise eloise

Sage Litwile
1657557576614.png
Sage felt the wind rush as he was pulled up and along by the giant stone creature, holding on with ease despite his tiny hands. He made sure to keep Hope firmly with him, knowing she didn't have the strength to hold on by herself. When they reached the peak, he smiled happily, seeing half the vista the others were due to his lack of a left eye, but loved the view nonetheless. However, the view rather steeled his resolve, as it reminded him of the gentle woods he had found himself in before he had met Zylf, the goddess who had taken the pieces of his body away from him.

That was when they began to go down, as he easily held Hope in his hands, before releasing Rogrim so as to prevent her from smacking into his side, using his flight to break the momentum slower. When Mad Maw began her mad commentary, he couldn't help but agree. She was almost in the timeline where he dropped her for being annoying. But that problem solved itself by her letting go and dropping, as Sage held on to Hope much more easily now that half the weight was gone. "C'mon Miss Hope, lets get you to the ground." He said to her, starting to flutter down with her, letting her off on the ground when it was safe. "There you go Miss Hope. I hope I see you soon! I have to get back to the adventurers guild. Stay safe!" He told the taller woman, before fluttering down to the ground and grabbing a flower, putting it in her hand before leaving towards Su Chen.

"Wait up Mrs. Chen! I need to go to the military too! They need to give me something that will tell the adventurers guild I did the quest!" He called out, trying to flutter after the woman with silly shoes. He purposefully ignored Mad Maw, just wanting to get his reward and get back to getting stronger. He would never beat Zylf's pet at this rate. At this point, he didn't even want Zylf's power, he just wanted to kill the person who stole his leg.

Hakumen_(Story_Mode_Artwork,_Defeated).png Kurikara felt the light and open air hit him as the giant he was riding crested the exit of the ruin. Rocks and debris had fallen all around them, even threatening to crush some of them from the force behind the giants efforts to escape along with the dilapidated conditions of their surroundings. Whatever this thing was that they rode upon it was now loose upon the world. 'No matter what it is. Should it stand in my way it shall be crushed into dust.' "One day, but not while I exist in this state." 'I may reside within you, but my power is not your own, not yet. You would do well to remember that weakling.' Kurikara didn't know how to respond to that. The statement fairly stung, mostly because he felt its words were true. But now he was starting to question the nature of the other him within his head. He hadn't wondered as to it existence much. It had simply felt natural for it to be there, and when he overcame the initial stress and rage that came with its awakening he accepted it quickly. But things had mellowed consistently since then. Though the rage had yet to fade. Kurikara wondered if it may ever leave him now.

He was interrupted from his reverie by a large branch colliding with his armor. He managed to stay upon the giants back, but the foliage was growing thick and more numerous. Seeing the danger in the situation Kurikara leapt from the back of the stone being. He fell through the air crashing into some trees which while painful served to lower his momentum. The last drop to the ground below being the worst of it. He raised himself from his face down position his armor once again answering his movement with the creaking of its damaged and bent parts. Being reminded of his damage. He turned to look for the Artisan girl he had brought with him on the giant. But he was alone, she was gone without a trace. "Tch, troublesome." 'the pathetic girl was probably killed during the ascent' "Possibly..." Kurikara wasn't convinced she was dead so easily, despite the frailty of mortals. But it was no longer his concern. He walked through the brush and came upon most of the group seemingly recovered from the fall and going their own ways. Su Chen was already a ways off with the fairy rushing after her with frantic words. How someone who seemed so strong was so foolish Kurikara couldn't begin to comprehend. He stood for a moment watching them go a complicated feeling welling in his core but it was stamped down and ignored easily. As he turned to continue his own journey he saw the mad beast. Once again she was speaking nonsense. Whatever had broken the creature so must have been potent indeed. Her ravings were inconsequential so he merely moved past her his damaged form creaking and scraping uncomfortably. He would have to find some way of repair, though he was loathe to admit it. Maybe those soldiers who had roped him into this mess in the first place could aide him. Maybe, but for now he merely set out. On his quest for power.

Last edited:

With a bit of help from her spell and Sage's strength, Hope could hang onto Rorgrim for a little longer. She was amazed (and partially terrified) at how effortlessly Sage managed to lift her, but she was grateful nonetheless. Hope was even more thankful when the fairy hung onto her during Rorgrim's hasty escape from the underground ruins into the jungle air. Afraid, she began to shut her eyes, but just before she could, a little voice spoke in her head, "Come on, open your eyes! You've made it this far. Be brave for once in your life!" Hope didn't know where that aggressive thought stemmed from, but she relented, and as she took in the magnificent view before her, she was glad she did. The fear that once coursed through her body was stripped away, replaced by something she hadn't felt in this new world - wonder.

The experience would soon be over as Rorgrim fell back to earth, though Hope would receive some assistance from Sage in her landing, getting off the guardian relatively unharmed. Then, along with Su Chen, he would bid her farewell, not before handing her a flower, Hope's eyes quivering from the gesture. She never thought she'd meet someone so unbelievably sweet in this world, but she was glad it was Sage. Her eyes formed arcs again as she waved at him, "Bye, Sage! Thanks for everything!"

Hope looked around for Su Chen and Kurikara but couldn't find either. They likely went off on their own, she presumed, though that didn't help ease the disappointment she felt for not giving the two the goodbye they rightfully deserved. Still, Hope would remember their bravery and, for Su Chen especially, her compassion. Hope never had many role models, both in this life and the last, but if she wanted to make it in this world, she figured she'd have to be more like those two. Hope knew she'd never have the strength of Su Chen or the stoicism of Kurikara, but if she could copy just a bit of their courage, it would be more than enough.

With all said and done, Hope prepared to move on, though she couldn't shake the feeling that she had forgotten someone. Then, the realization hit her like a brick: Mad Maw. Although Hope thought the gnoll woman was probably insane, she did provide her with a moment of laughter in all the chaos. Plus, Mad Maw had followed all the others when they came looking for her. That, in and of itself, was something Hope couldn't look over. She faced Mad Maw, her eyes beaming, "You too, Mad Maw. Thanks for everything, especially the laughs," She said with a brief chuckle, "I really needed it. Honestly." With that said, Hope set off. Where to, she didn't know, but it didn't matter. Wherever she'd end up, she'd learn more about herself and this peculiar world. Perhaps there were others like her? Only time would tell.

Isekai Hell RP Grade
LadyOfStars LadyOfStars NeramoDJI NeramoDJI eloise eloise The Last Curse The Last Curse EMIYAman EMIYAman Garbage Pail Kid Garbage Pail Kid VictoryatLast VictoryatLast
Not uncommon to lose folks during dungeon crawls. Good job to everyone that made it to the end. Main mission was to detrap the place, take out some threats, etc...for better or for worse, the party sending the boulder down the opposite path was sufficient in clearing that objective as it tore through the ruin. The ruin is available to all who wish to explore it more in depth at a later time. Obviously, my introduction to the temple of rorgrim and what it stood for was just setting the stage for a place of note. It'll only be as useful or interesting to you as you make it. That is the case with most rp's. Folks introduce their ideas, but it is up to the rp'er whether to grasp hold of them and join in on that narrative or not. The fun of possibility and choice.

Aftermath
Reporting the events to the captain of the men stationed at the ruin, Su Chen and party were able to gain recognition for a job complete. Unfortunately for Sage, this job was completely off the books and not through the adventurer's guild. Thankful to the party, the Captain assured them he would remember this and inform his lord of your assistance. Rorgrim was not discovered nor was he one to be followed. It was unclear where he went to once separating with the party.

Rewards

Novama(Michael) -
12 points (narration points)

Su Chen - 23 points
  • optional title acquired [Ryke Military Associate F] - character has helped out the Ryke Military and so has a certain degree of respect and good will saved up with them. While it is a basic connection, if played right, could lead to more favorable connections or conditions in the future.
Sage - 12 points
  • optional title acquired [Ryke Military Associate F] - character has helped out the Ryke Military and so has a certain degree of respect and good will saved up with them. While it is a basic connection, if played right, could lead to more favorable connections or conditions in the future.
Hope - 25 points
Kurikara - 25 points
Maw - 21 points

Users who are viewing this thread

Back