• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Graded [Briar Thorn Forests] - Red-Like: Without a Second to Spare

Zahrah Fiore
Mentions: Bestie #1 Tiefschlaf Etymarchen Etymarchen | Hildegard Dante Verren Dante Verren | Eros Faynorae Faynorae | Fei Pet Panda Pet Panda

Zahrah had made another friend! Prefect. They couldn't be happier with Eros' introduction. Yes, yes. They surely were of great intellect to recognize Zahrah for what they were! To top things off, they were on a noble mission indeed! “Yes, yes, returning lost items is sure to increase someone's happiness~ Did you know people appreciate things more after having lost them and then regaining them?” It was a truth most worth stating! That said, they had to deny any previous acquaintanceship. “No, I merely met the knightly lady moments ago, the rest is all new to me~ I'm afraid I'll have to say I've got no clue to any of that! Oh, oh, but miss Tiefschlaf over there is real nice! Perhaps she knows.” They were perhaps a bit too happy about being unable to answer any of the questions, but such was their nature. They were able to point Eros in the direction of Tiefschlaf though.

They were equally chipper and happy in their reply to Rommel. “I've got no clue what a frownline is, but for you, I'd gladly be one~” Their language modules had definitely not reincarnated along with them. When Rommel suddenly started firing, Zahrah flinched. So loud!“ Sadly enough, pleasantries had to wait. There was a lot of business to be done. Monika was... Plain. Not too much stood out about her, but for some reason she didn't seem to be feeling the greatest. How sad! Zahrah would love to fix that, so they'd start by comforting her! “Oh, no need to feel all bad miss Rommel I'm sure we're...” perfectly safe. Those last two words didn't make it in the sentence, as they learned the wolf's nature. “... in only a little bit of a pickle~”

“Oh, my, such a terrible, terrible fate, miss wolf! To have your paladin-ship be taken away by those mean red crystals!” Zahrah couldn't quite recall a lot about paladins, but they did recall that those would be very unhappy upon being corrupt, and Zahrah was pretty sure the current condition was one they could deem 'corrupted' for sure. Such a horrible, horrible sight! “However, miss Aelia, I'm sure it'll make you happy if you can get back to your goddess, so I'll try to help you get back to Larunda! Doesn't that sound nice?” They had no clue how, but they intention was there.

However, as the others were already attacking the werewolf, perhaps it wasn't ideal to discuss this right now? The thought just occurred to them. To make matters worse, more of them showed up. They did call them cute though! “Oh, why thank, you~” Ah, that's when they realised that their suggestion to play was likely not as fun as Zahrah would first expect it to be. “Ahahaha~! I'd gladly play, but I've gotta wait until I'm a bit sturdier to play the type of rough games you seem to be going for~” Yes, yes, they couldn't let their precious cotton spill over across the forest!

Sadly enough, the red smoke was being a pain on their eyes. Well, it was time for a tactical retreat. “Tactical retreat!” Zahrah called out, noticing it was clear this was going to get pretty bad pretty soon. “Grab onto me!” They shouted as well, as they loved the idea of being held onto by so many people. Ah, wait, no, they actually had a plan as well. They'd stretch out their right arm [Elasticity F] to reach the outstretched vines that Tiefschlaf was offering them. If that wasn't far enough, they'd move the distance needed, or at least attempt to do so.

After all, how could they not reach back to the outstretched vines of their newest bestie? That'd just be rude! They had to return the clear sign of affection somehow~ That said, they did hope they could drag along some newer friends in the process. It'd be shame if folks got eaten by wolves! Zahrah wanted to pull along Hildegard, but they had a suspicion that they weren't strong enough if Hildegard would resist. Who else? Ah, Rommel wasn't any stronger than them, so they tried to grab a hold of Rommel with their left hand, hoping to get at least one person to come along with them and Tiefschlaf. “Let's go!”

Summary:
  • Using Elasticity F to reach out to Tiefschlaf.
  • Calling out to others to hold-on to them, moving closer to Tiefschlaf if needed.
  • Grabbing hold of Rommel and dragging them along if possible.

D Grade Cooldowns (1/2)
E Grade Cooldowns (1/1)
F Grade Cooldowns (0/0)
  • Elasticity F - 1 limb/body part 5x original size

EternalRomantica.png
5 - Fair and pure no more, violet-tinged skin

Eros would smile as they listened to the strange soft professor person, that was apparently called Zahrah. "My! I see, then it would be of great importance that I return this Parasol to that young maid, she must be so very concerned. I'm sure she'd be deeply moved." Eros replied, with a faint smile on their face. Eros would look over to the person called 'Tiefschlaf' that Zahrah supposedly gestured towards. With a smile, Eros would wave to her, taking a step forward until a sudden threatening noise would startle the demon. Impulsively taking a step backwards.

"Ahck!" Eros would let out a screech, covering their ears at the sudden loud noise from that... thing the other lady had... shot? Fei also suddenly grabbed the parasol from Eros's hand, which somewhat concerned the demon. Considering how delicately crafted it was, and how he appeared to want to use it as some sort of puncturing weapon. Eros was very displeased, but rather a much more confused expression was upon their face.

Eros would look back the party's direction, instead being met with multiple... quite frightening.. red creatures? More wolves? Eros was somewhat scared, but more so concerned for his companion. Though judging by his nimbleness, he'd most likely be fine. Then, a sudden red smoke would cover their location and it made it quite hard for Eros to see his companion and the other people who were caught up in the smog. "Oh my, what sort of predicament has this group gotten themselves into?" Eros would spurt out on an impulse, speaking to no one in particular while covering their mouth.

Eros was lucky to have stayed somewhat out of range from the 'wolves' and most of the conflict. But those insolent creatures which surrounded them would suddenly give Eros quite a concerning amount of information. First, they insulted Eros's intelligence, which was once more quite disrespectful. Then, they unintentionally told Eros that all those creatures... that red dust, apparently was the person known as 'One.' They then informed Eros of the laws of magic within the Forest, otherwise known as 'Miss Four.' Eros lacked much of any magical prowess, but Eros still had a single trick up their sleeve. On the other hand, it required contact, so it wouldn't be of much use... Hm.

Though, these thoughts would come to a halt, as the 'Flowers' spoke of something much, much more concerning. Something potentially sinister. Somebody, known as Mister Second, disliked loud noises. "My, oh my. You, creatures, know so much, yet are too arrogant to be noble with it." Eros would reply to the flowers once they stopped their incessant chatter, smiling before gently clapping and tilting his head slightly. "Natheless, I give you my gratitude. My deepest and most sincere thanks, dear 'flowers.'" Eros would say to the flowers, bowing slightly with a somewhat cheerful tone before turning to the 'red smoke' where their supposed 'friends' were probably stuck inside.

Eros would take in a deep breath, leaning forward a bit, and putting their hands in front of their mouth to act as some sort of crier cone. "LISTEN TO MY VOICE! WE ARE IN IMMENSE DANGER! FOLLOW MY VOICE. WITHDRAW, EVACUATE AND SCATTER!" Eros would yell as loudly as they could with a very hurrying and urgent tone. "THIS WAY. THIS WAY. GRAB ANYTHING IMPORTANT AND RUN TOWARD MY VOICE!" Eros would yell just as loudly, with somewhat less breath than their last cries, before taking a few breaths. Eros tried their best to direct everyone's attention to their location using their voice. Hopefully, they'd listen to Eros's voice. With that, Eros would begin to prepare to run in the direction Fei and they had come from.

Once more, Eros would take a deep breath in, "This Way! This Way! Without a second to spare, be hasty! be swift!" Eros would once more shout, this time with moderately less volume, gesturing in the opposite direction of the smoke. If they were lucky, they may still be able to catch up with the red-hooded girl from earlier. The human settlement was called 'Red'howl and that girl was wearing a red hood. So they may share some form of relation.

TL; DR:
Eros yells to their companions after being informed by the clearly not-normal flowers that something potentially dangerous was approaching.

-♡ Eros shouted toward the group's general direction, telling them to follow Eros's voice.
-♡ Eros would prepare to run in the direction from which They and Fei had emerged, once more shouting to the group.

Hildegard Karling
Interaction: Etymarchen Etymarchen
63f4386cfb91d03db9533a15284a6ed3.jpg

She was so close, so fucking close to beheading the monster that had almost killed her. Instead these other people had gone and ruined it. She felt like her blood was going to boil away from the sheer amount of rage she felt from the idiot who had fired a gun and given her away. At least the skeleton had done something useful and positioned himself in between the monster and Lacie. Readjusting her stance she swerved to face the wolf, her left hand reaching for her final coin so she could cast her magic and pursue her foe with every intention to slaughter it. Then she froze.

The laughter was bad enough, but it wasn't the laugh on it's own that caused the world to slow down for that dreadful moment. It was the mist, the red mist that encompassed her. She couldn't see anything besides her own body, and that horrible color red... the same color of blood, of her blood. To make it worse it was accompanied by that laughter that came from all directions at once but somehow seemed to come from nowhere. Her stomach swirled and her body felt heavy. Each breath was a struggle and she could feel dozens of clawed hands closing around her neck. There were other voices, she was vaguely aware of that. Shouting from her left, or was it her right?

The voices only held her attention for the briefest second, instead her focus went back to the myriad of hands wrapped around her throat, slowly squeezing the life out of her. She gave up trying to grab the coin, instead reaching up to her neck desperately trying to grasp and yank away the aggressors hands. Meanwhile her right hand was glued to the sword, wrapped around the handle for dear life. With what felt like great strength she lifted the almost impossibly heavy sword at a ready stance, trying to see any shape or form of her attacker to slash at.

TLDR:
Hildegard is enraged by her failed attack believing her allies gave her away. Upon the appearance of the others wolves and the mist she freezes in place as she become gripped with panic. Standing in place she has tuned out from reality around her caught up in a fear that something is currently trying to strangle her. She has readied her weapon to take an attack action at anything that comes close believing that they are the attacker.

1666064265163.pngThough they were the ambushers in this scenario, they mercifully let him be. There were many individuals influencing this scene, flecks of mud and grass tore from the ground with the force of their angry steps and a haze settled over the scene. Determining himself to be ill-suited to this fight, he evaluated his options and turned toward the direction Lacie ran. He was rather distracted with the flashing of steel, magic and good old fashioned fisticuffs and did not see her run, but her disappearance from the scene allowed him a decent guess as to her trajectory, and in a moment he disengaged from the tornado of steel and flesh spinning up to his immediate front. He withdrew the outstretched umbrella and hopped to the east carefully, intoning, "my thanks beast, I will remember that you let me keep all of my limbs," he near-mumbled as he landed just a short distance away from them. Just a tad more mud leaped from the place he was as he launched himself toward the bushes, sliding his way to the southeast, skirting around the positions of the 'Abettor of Monsters' and Monika, arriving momentarily at the side of Lacie. The low wall of bushes sped toward him and brushed over him in an instant.

From where he towered over her, he peered down at the top of her little head and then over toward the rabbit. Speaking down toward her, he draped his boney arm over the top of her head and held out her parasol, noting the beast and its apparent value in this fight. Clearing his throat gently, for effect of course, he offered, "you two are in danger, I will save you and your pet," then he threw some bundles of clothes out of his bag and let it drop to the ground, looking toward the rabbit, "get it in the bag for safety; I am quick; do not scream while we move or we lose," and he let a moment pass before adding, "this is not an offer, you have three and a half seconds," and he wiggled the parasol for effect. He turned his head to the side and prepared to move aside if any violence were to seek him, or move the girl if it sought her instead.

1 Fast F to move to Lacie,
2 using an action to watch for attacks coming his or Lacie's way if that matters.

Last edited:
ANIME-PICTURES.NET_-_397004-743x1150-original-hetza+(hellshock)-single-long+hair-tall+image-lo...jpgMonikas firing of her pistol had been sudden, even to her. It was an instinctual reaction both as a soldier, and a human. Dealing with something that struck a primal cord within her. It seems the natives had similar ideas as they performed their own maneuvers. She felt her hair billow up as the skeleton raced past her at speeds she could not hope to replicate. The following seconds were both incredibly long and unfortunately short. As the wolf-like monster contorted in unnatural ways Monika let out a curse, "Scheiße!". No sooner had she said that did more threats emerge.

Four... things, resembling young people in various garbs and armor. Then just as quick as she saw them her vision became obscured in a cloud of red dust. Monika covered her mouth with her arm just in case it was some kind of poison gas. Within the dust she could hear the monstrous wolves laughing, mocking. Though it seemed their attention wasn't on her. Whatever was going on these things had a history with these people. She's been caught up in some affairs that had nothing to do with her. Monika's mind raced she was dealing with an enemy that resembled stories meant to scare children than actual animals. Her reliable Luger had done seemingly nothing, and now she was surrounded in alien territory with her men nowhere to be found. Her eyes narrowed and she grit her teeth as her eyes rapidly darted from side to side. She focused on the red smog obscuring her sight and began to see something strange in her vision. At first she thought it was debris, but she didn't feel any irritation in her eye. In fact it seemed something was superimposed over her sight. Focusing upon it she realized, it was runes. She couldn't quite remember but she was sure she had seen something like it before, and she could almost understand it [Appraisal E].

Suddenly the strangely cheery voice of Zahrah called out from within the red dust catching her attention. Looking for a lifeline Monika searched for her.
"Fraulein, I'm here!" This was a stranger. A native who had no idea as to her allegiances or goals. For all she knew they likely weren't even human, but necessity unfortunately demanded her to swallow her pride. She just needed a handle on the situation; guarantee her survival, that's what mattered. Then she felt a hand grip her arm her eyes widened as she looked to the appendage attached to her, but when she looked she just saw the arm stretching further into the dust. Accepting the opportunity she latched onto the arm in turn and found herself being dragged along with surprising force along with it.

TLDR:
  • Monika panicked slightly within the red dust. Then grabbed onto Zahrah and followed them out.
  • Monika used [Appraisal E] on the red smoke.

Last edited:
  • im lazy so i’ll bbcode later (not now)

COMBAT RESULTS
Although Zahrah and Monika found themselves safe through grabbing onto Tiefschlaf’s vines–Zahrah narrowly avoiding the attack of the wolves, and Fei Liu following Lacie into the safety of the bushes, Hildegard would be alone in tanking incoming damage from the surprise. Though E-grade armor helped to minimize damage (-2 effectiveness), it would additionally be met with a small loss in effectiveness in exchange (armor has been temporarily reduced to F-grade). Hildegard was now at 1 HP.

(OOC Note: Negative HP does not exist within the system. As such, Hildegard should be able to tank another attack without being maimed, but if she takes damage on a turn wherein she is processed to have 0 HP, she will be at risk of maims or death.)

EMIYAman EMIYAman
MONIKA ONLY
Monika’s attempts to appraise the red mist would lead to little else but further success in the mist’s irritation of her eyes. Although she would receive word of its intended name—“Scarlet Pestilence”—she would not be able to derive information regarding all that it was that the mist was capable of. A higher Appraisal skill, perhaps, was necessary for her to process more information.

Pet Panda Pet Panda
FEI LIU | LACIE
With little other choice beyond the three and a half seconds that the skeleton gave her, Lacie stared at the skeleton while carrying her rabbit.

“Okay,” she shrugged, going inside of the bag.

As Fei Liu would focus his attention on his surroundings, however, he would notice a strange growling sound—one distinguishable from the wolves that seemed not to arrive from any one particular place…

"Mister Skeleton, you might want to pass through the trees..." Lacie suggested, raising and shaking her rabbit up to the sky. "The foliage is dense, and there might be vines and brambles that poke at you, but it might be hard to run through the main path with all the wolves in the way."

Faynorae Faynorae Elvario Elvario EMIYAman EMIYAman Pet Panda Pet Panda Dante Dante

Thankfully, Eros’s attempts at signaling to the rest of the group were not in vain. Although Hildegard would be suffering with a difficulty to see as a result of Irritant E, the party was now wholly aware of a potential and incoming threat. The issue, however–from where whence did it come? South? Or West?

There was a chance, however, that they might be too late.

Elvario Elvario EMIYAman EMIYAman Pet Panda Pet Panda Dante Dante
ZAHRAH + MONIKA + FEI LIU + HILDEGARD
Although Zahrah and Monika found themselves safe through grabbing onto Tiefschlaf’s vines–Zahrah narrowly avoiding the attack of the wolves, and Fei Liu following Lacie into the safety of the bushes, Hildegard would be alone in tanking incoming damage from the surprise. Though E-grade armor helped to minimize damage (-2 effectiveness), it would additionally be met with a small loss in effectiveness in exchange (armor is now F-grade). Hildegard would now be at 1 HP.

As Aelia began to retrieve her sword to attack, she stared at Zahrah as they addressed her—as they attempted to utilize words to convince her to stop in her acts, her wolven features reverting back to Aelia’s.

“Larunda? Ahhh…! I cannot help but feel nostalgia at that charlatan’s name.” ‘Aelia’ laughed as she approached closer in Zahrah's direction. “If the original 'Aelia' was conscious, she'd be head over heels for you...! But I'm not Aelia, see…I don't believe in myths~♥ So, if you truly, truly love me..."

With Aelia’s sword, she swung it immediately into the regenerating plush—barely stopped in place by Tiefschlaf’s vines. She snorted at Tiefschlaf’s immediacy in her response. With Tiefschlaf having focused her efforts defending Zahrah from the sword, she would fail to account for the other incoming attacks...

Although Hildegard would have clearly been the best target in that moment, the possessed [Mage] instead begin preparations to cast her next spell upon Zahrah--approaching closer to Zahrah's direction as she would prepare to cast another spell of red. Although the three other wolves had failed previously in their attack with Tiefschlaf's acts, they would choose once again to target the plush.

"Never mention them to me ever again."

Zahrah Fiore
Mentions: Bestie #1 Tiefschlaf Etymarchen Etymarchen | Hildegard Dante Verren Dante Verren | Eros Faynorae Faynorae | Fei Pet Panda Pet Panda

Zahrah could hear one of their latest friends yell at them. They were in immense danger? Were the wolfies really that bad? Well, they certainly seemed to be that bad. Then again, it sounded like something else was going to join the fray as well. Perhaps it was a new friend? Probably not though. However, Eros gave them an impossible command! “But I've only got two hands!” They yelled back at Eros as they were told to grab anything important. How could they grab Tiefy, Rommel, Hildegard, Eros, the parasol, the bunny, Fei, Lacie and themselves when they had only been gifted with two hands in this world? Oh, such a tragedy! To be given an impossible task to full-fill. Eros were meaner than they looked.

Destiny made a way for itself, however, as Zahrah managed to grab onto Rommel. It seemed like she was destined to be the grabbed-on companion. So be it! They'd be their frownline if they needed one! Thanks to Tiefy, Zahrah was able to get dragged out of the red mist along with Rommel. “Thank you miss Tiefschlaf~” Zahrah would say cheerfully, ignoring their desire to hug their friend as they knew it'd probably be too dangerous with the wolfies still going around and about.

From the corner of their eyes, they noticed the extreme-diet man bag up a child and bunny. Now, normally, when a spooky skeleton stuffed a child in a bag, that'd be a bad thing. However, it seemed like it caused him happiness and it didn't seem to be against the child's wish. So who was Zahrah to stop them from experiencing happiness in their own unique manners? They did keep in mind that they should ask them both as to why this act that was normally associated with a considerable source of unhappiness seemed to bring them happiness instead, in this peculiar context. Does that mean that taking free candy from the people in white vans could also be a source of happiness if the conditions were right? It was truly an interesting thought, but alas, now was not the time to test that hypothesis. They had their own issues to focus upon.

One of those was the fact that Hildegard was nearly killed. Zahrah might not be a genius, but there was one thing they knew very well! Death was a very strong indicator of decreasing one's happiness! “Oh my, that doesn't look good...” Zahrah uttered, wondering if there was a way they could help the knight. They couldn't heal them and they couldn't really reach them either. It seemed like the only way to help Hildegard was by stopping the wolfies from being so rude and mean. Yet how would Zahrah do that?

Well, first of all, they could be nice and reply to the leader-ish wolfie. “Ah, I'm sorry miss wolf, how should I call you then...?” Zahrah replied, but noticed the wolf girls were a little too eager to go in and kill Zahrah. “Hold on, hold on! I'm sure we can talk this through!” It didn't seem like it. Zahrah was a little confused though. Why did this one wolf turn back into humanoid form. There had to be a logical explanation and Zahrah was quick to pick up on it. “Ah, if you prefer, I could brush your hair instead of your fur!” Of course, Zahrah figured that was the best explanation for why they were reverting back into humanoid form. “Now, I'd love to be friends with all of you, but that does get a little difficult when you're trying to slash at me and my friends~ Is there any way we can just talk things out instead? I'm sure we'd all have a much nicer time!” Zahrah figured it was worth a shot, using [Smooth Talker F] to see if they could at least get part of their desire for peace through to the wolf to make them hold off a bit on the attacks and whatnot.

Even so, Zahrah knew this was getting bad. How in the world were they going to fix this? That's when Zahrah remembered something! Eros told them all about how the flowers here knew a lot about the forest! Surely, plant-based happiness would extend to these flowers and could help them out of their current predicament! Yes, all evidence suggested these flowers could help them. “Hold them off a little if you can, but don't risk your own well-being for my sake, alright miss Tiefschlaf?” Zahrah asked their bestie friend with a little concern in their voice. Short after they said it, they rushed at the plants, hoping to dodge and/or regenerate from any attacks heading their way that weren't already intercepted by Tiefy while at it.

As they made it to the flowers mentioned by Eros, they'd immediately drop down on their knees and with their face in the dirt to pose in a deep bow. “Oh mighty and most beautiful flowers who's aroma is so much more pleasant than my sense of smell is worth experiencing and who's mint green colour is so pleasant that my eyes are unworthy of witnessing it, please, grant us lesser beings some of your great wisdom and strength! Yes, clearly, to be granted just a tiny fraction of your wisdom would be the greatest honour my lowly self could obtain! Please, I beg of you, even though we're unworthy of it, would you still show us kindness and grace by enlightening us as to how can we escape these bad wolfies?” They would, of course, use [Smooth Talker E] while at it, hoping to make some new friends with these most peculiar flowery beings.

Summary:
  • Uses [Smooth Talker] F to try to talk down Aelia (at least temporarily).
  • Asks Tiefy to hold up the bad doggo's before running towards the flowers.
  • Uses [Smooth Talker] E to try getting the flowers to help them.

D Grade Cooldowns (2/2)
E Grade Cooldowns (0/1)
  • Smooth Talker – Character Grade E, Appraisal E, Empathy E, Insight E, Performance F, Persuasion E, Seduction E – Character combines whatever (meta)knowledge they can find out about someone with persuasive, empathic and seductive smooth-talking in an attempt to make others act according to their will. - Grade E – 1 Post Cooldown
F Grade Cooldowns (0/0)
  • Smooth Talker – Character Grade F, Appraisal F, Empathy F, Insight F, Performance F, Persuasion E, Seduction E – Character combines whatever (meta)knowledge they can find out about someone with persuasive, empathic and seductive smooth-talking in an attempt to make others act according to their will. - Grade F – 0 Post Cooldown
  • Elasticity F - 1 limb/body part 5x original size

TL; DR:
- Move Northwest -- [Fast D] -- 240 ft.
- Move Northwest -- [Fast C] -- 450 ft. (total 690 ft.)

Liu wrapped his skeletal arms around Lacie's body and pinned her to his form, snatching up the rabbit in the bag and looping the strap a couple of times around his thin form to fasten it against the exceptional inertia it was bound to experience. He then tucked the bag under his elbow and peered a little up and away, mapping the safest trajectory to lift off. Hefting her a couple of times, he commented idly, "good lad, and light too, tuck your chin or you might hurt your neck," and lowered himself to a runner's position.

"I will be taking the child and her pet to safety. It seems the big one is due to arrive soon, withdraw if you can," he offered in terms of advice, then took two preparatory steps with the extra load before accelerating into a smear of color and disappearing from the scene, weaving as carefully as one could between the trees in the northwest direction, past Eros and the crew, threading a 690 ft long path toward that direction through the forest's underbrush and foliage.

Cooldowns:
D - 2 posts remaining
C - 3 Posts remaining

ANIME-PICTURES.NET_-_397004-743x1150-original-hetza+(hellshock)-single-long+hair-tall+image-lo...jpgAs Monika was yanked away the runes flashed in her mind forming a word, "Scarlet Pestilence". She felt an assurance that the red dust which had blanked them was called that, but how? This newfound ability befuddled her but the situation didn't allow her to ponder it for long. The werewolf like monsters were still a threat, and from her position Monika could see they blocked the path of escape. Her breath came out heavy as she was freed from the dust. "My thanks Fraulein..." She coughed for a moment as she freed her lungs of debris. Gaining a handle on the situation Monika saw alongside Zahrah, Tiefschlaf was there as well. She eyed the girls sickly skin and strange twisted body. It seemed she had her to thank for the breaking them out.

She turned back to see the dust had completely dissipated without a trace. She could see the Skeleton had retreated with the other girl in tow, if the trail of kicked up dirt and swift blur was anything to go by. She did her best to take it in stride focusing instead on the state of the battlefield. Standing alone was the Knight her armor beaten and bloody. Her eyes swept to the side as she saw Zahrah try to converse with one of the monsters only to be attacked. Monika watched as they dodged some blows while others seemed to hit, yet drew no blood. Seeing an opportunity as the other wolves made for Zahrah Monika rushed to the Hildegard. "Frau Ritter, come!" Monika placed the Knights arm over her shoulder and attempted to carry her to safety while the others were occupied
[Fast] F.

As she pulled her along, Monika couldn't help but consider the situation. Stuck in a seemingly dangerous forest with monsters hunting them. For the moment she didn't seem to be on their radar, but she was sure that wouldn't last. Without her Fox Squad her options were severely limited, and these strangers despite their fantastical abilities and power did not make for good substitutes. The situation was untenable as far as she was concerned. But she couldn't leave them not so long as she was alone, and lacking intel. If nothing else she was glad if she had to help any of them it was the brave human with aryan features.

As the wolves fell upon Zahrah she could see her still trying to converse though she dodged while doing so. Her actions seemed borderline insane to Monika, but she seemed strangely capable and not fully without sense. Monika caught sight of one of the monsters having held back from the others and wielding what appeared to be a staff. While she had no sense for Magic the appearance and movements of the Mage screamed danger to her soldiers instinct. "Verdammte!" Letting out a curse she raised the pistol in her hand and let out a single shot hoping to disrupt whatever she was trying to do. Even if Zahrah seemed particularly durable it'd be bad for Monika if she died and she couldn't risk it. From her position she could see Zahrah speaking to the bizarre talking flowers, for what she could not fathom but hopefully it helped. "Frau Ritter retreat for now. While your bravery is commendable, your death is all that will come if you continue. I'll see to whatever Fraulein is planning, verstanden?" [Leadership] F This was the first time Monika had addressed Hildegard but introductions would have to wait. She gave an authoritative tone she often took with her soldiers hoping the knight would react out of being conditioned to follow orders if nothing else.

Last edited:
Hildegard Karling
Interactions: Etymarchen Etymarchen EMIYAman EMIYAman Elvario Elvario
63f4386cfb91d03db9533a15284a6ed3.jpg

Pain mixed with terror coursed through her limbs, a red haze stuck to her eyes, and the howling of wolves roared in her ears. Her entire body felt so far away, as if it her spirit had been ripped away. With each breath it felt more difficult to stay tethered to her own body. She swore she could see each individual drop of blood that flew from the wounds of her flesh out the cracks of her armor before finally fell to the ground below her. It was like she was some kind of spectator to her own death. Nearly blind death. deaf, and dumb from her own fears. Perhaps the wolves really had killed her not once but twice.

She was vaguely aware of some speaking to her. She wasn't sure why but this voice stuck out to her, Maybe it was the sheer absurdity of the fact that she recognized the ascent. The shock of hearing that language and tone slowly kicked her mind into working at a somewhat reasonable capacity again. The thing that was dragging her along wasn't a monster trying to kill her, it was a woman. This woman wasn't any woman... she was German. A god damn German in a fantasy world. That realization of another person from her old world brought her senses back from the brink. If it wasn't for the realization of how much pain she was in, her growl might have been actual words.

After the a crack of a gunshot her companion turned to her and all but ordered her to run . Was retreat the wise option? Yes it was. Did Hildegard want nothing more then to turn away from this place and begone from this shit hole of a forest? Nothing in life would make her more happier, however pride demanded retribution,. She would retreat, but in her own way. Hildegard would make up for freezing up. She would show these monstrous wolves just how much damage she could do on her exist out of the battle.

"Lord give me not your protection but your wrath. Give me not your shield but your sword. Give me not your grace, but your thunder." Her right hand gripped tightly around her sword as her left grasp the final magical coin. " God the vengeful, turn my fear to rage and watch your faithful smite these beast in your unmerciful name!" With her vision blurred she couldn't tell exactly who was who, but she could see shapes. Aiming for the group of vague wolf shape's Hildegard charged forwards at a normal speed at first. Once she was within range she activated the last coin still in her left hand. Lighting would erupt around her as she picked up the pace and slammed forward into the mass with an explosion of electric bolts showering every direction [CRASHING LIGHTNING RUSH] .

Having done her last strike as a final statement of defiance towards the wolves, she turned on her heels and retreated following common sense and her new German allies instruction. This time she would waste no effort in her retreat [FAST D].

Cooldowns:
Crashing Lightning Rush: 1 post Cooldown
FAST D: 2 post Cooldown

TLDR:
Hildegard is snapped out of her panic by Monika's German words and Ascent. Before retreating she uses her last coin and launches at the groups of wolves she can vaguely see with her Crashing Lightning Rush. Once that is done she retreats back towards the direction of Monica with FAST D.

Last edited:
OOC: Temporarily took control of some characters to ensure that they wouldn’t be so harmed; addendum + rewards suggestions is currently being written

Pet Panda Pet Panda Faynorae Faynorae
Running first through the leeway between the trees, Fei Liu would successfully escape the wolves alongside a reluctant Lacie and Eros—leaving behind the two remaining humans and plush.

Running further and further away with all that he could, Fei Liu’s vision alongside that of Eros of the scene would fade away from their view as they would attempt to head northwest to safety as soon as possible. Even as it was difficult for Eros to keep up with Fei Liu’s tracks, it was better than nothing…

They ran further and further away—away as the haltrials giggled and laughed…through the path that they knew best—

And eventually…

A thud.

Elvario Elvario EMIYAman EMIYAman Dante Verren Dante Verren

“H…Huh?!?”

What followed their resonant shout was a silence from the flowers.

“Y-You…You really think all of that a-about…us…?”

The flowers remained quiet for a moment, their greenness making it impossible to interpret their thoughts and speech…before they would spit back with their cries and shouts.

“S-S-Stupid plush doll!!! Y-You’re just cotton for brains!! C-Clearly, your words mean and do nothing in the long run…!! Hmph!!”

The wolves, on the other hand, chuckled at Zahrah’s attempts to beg for them to stop. “Oh, you adorable, adddooorrrable little thing…we’re already very fond of you…”

Their words slurred with their speech at each step they took.

“So stop squirming and let us be one~❤️

What the wolves did not predict was the sudden burst of lightning that would electrocute all that was within their area of effect—empowered further than they had remembered it being…Gritting their teeth, the wolves would hiss as they would experience pain at the expense of Zahrah—Briar, too, would experience pain from the blistering voltage as it took its effect…

Too, would Monika—the source of its sudden burst of power experience a jolting of the century…Monika, with her low vitality, would need to recover once all was said and done…

Before they could attempt to initiate a secondary attack, however, the wolves would find themselves suddenly cloaked in a cold-misted sea of [Sage of Halting E]...

One of which would not affect the party members. Rather, they would find themselves restored through the mist. The mist distinguishably the same color as

“H-Hmph!! I-Idiots!! W-We only did this because your stupid plushie friend here knew their place…! I-If anything, we only saved you because if you die, we might die t–”

the splatter and tear of their beautiful mint green petals.

“Ggmmmrrrrowwww…”

The growling came from but a singular source, one that would eye them with its sharp, orange gaze…

The world around them would fade to darkness, offering but only brief glimpses of the wolven ones as their bodies would be mangled and hung using the vines of the forest by the figure unknown. They were no longer wolves–but the sacks of red skin could no longer be recognized as human…

And the flowers…oh, the flowers…how they howled and screamed with pain…an agony that sounded almost human…

And next…? Next was to be them. Them, as it licked its dirtied claws and began its work to–

prima_roglein.png

“Are you alright…?”

Elvario Elvario EMIYAman EMIYAman Dante Verren Dante Verren Pet Panda Pet Panda Faynorae Faynorae

The lass that appeared was one of a slender build. Her fingers, feeble and gentle as they tended to Hildegard’s wounds. They saw little to nothing but the shredded flowers–the mangled adventurers and Briar nowhere to be seen, her presence would offer them a sense of peace. Her eyes, a lovely violet that melted sweetly with the forest’s pink and cyan glows, hair held in chocolate brown braids that matched her soft gaze.

The girl shut her eyes, almost regretful as she glanced towards Lacie... ”My apologies, once again, Miss Lacie. I was quite startled with how you were chasing me, but the voice of Larunda told me…”

“Lacie doesn’t mind, but Lacie also thinks Miss Prima should get to the point,” Lacie stated, attempting to mimic Hildegard’s tone.

Prima, as she would be identified, paused in her speech before clearing her throat. “Ah, then please do not worry so much regarding that. It is unsafe to be lingering in the Briar Forest in the dark of night. She is a very selfish being, after all…oh…Right. Right, that reminds me…”

From her woven basket, she retrieved various hoods and turbans, offering them to the monsters present amongst the group. Between the time in which they had bumped into her whilst running away from the monsters, it was she of whom they had run into. When they had initially ran into her, the girl had barely budged with even a single presentiment of fear. Instead, the interaction was simple.

“Monsters, please wear these as you enter into the safety of the Redhowl Village. They do not take well to the presence of monsters, after all…”

After having given the monsters their temporary disguises for the village, gently, the girl would take Hildegard’s hand, picking her up to her feet as she would lead them through the forest as what little rays of sun there were would descend from the ceiling that was the sky.

There were many a sight upon the many sites of The Briar Forest–a beautiful lake inhabiting the many free-floating fish which Hildegard had the pleasure of seeing previously, coupled by other various talking flowers and beautiful flying birds. Trees of differing arrays of leaves and branchings would settle the group into the land at play, as they passed through a landbridge overseeing a falls leading into an endless abyss…

And eventually, over the bridge through the abyss, they would be met with a walled-in village overseen with varying watchtowers marked with figurines of a recurring dog–in its mouth, an orb painted red. Past the walls, Their eaved roofs matched strangely with their wood-plank walls–the scent of soil and a sweet, woody fragrance would enter through their noses as they would cross through the gate. There was much that Fei Liu would be able to record along his journey through the forest…but…

“...WOOF! WOOF!!”

Running up to the girl would have been a large, golden dog. Its features quite similar to that of a wolf–almost like a husky of sorts. Tackling her into the ground, Prima would simply allow the dog to do as it pleased smiling softly as she would gently pet and caress its head.

“Bernstein–!! You absolute nincompoop of a dog!”

Running up to the dog was a rather handsome man–one of which Eros would recognize. He greatly resembled the reason that Eros had chosen to keep remaining in the forest.

unknown.png
prima_roglein.png

“You idiotic…literal…son of a dog…I can’t fathom how it is that my brother manages you let alo–P-Prima…?” The man would blink for a moment, before recognizing the many unfamiliar individuals that had arrived, eyes widened. “...You brought more people?!?!”

Prima nodded her head as the man would take a deep breath before five other men alongside two rabbits would appear from afar, waving towards Monika. It seemed that her men had managed to take safety in the village at hand. Looking over the insignia on the woman’s shoulder, the man would quickly recognize the possible connection between the woman and the others, sighing.

“This is fine…this is fine…whatever…this way. I’ll give you all a place to rest. Prima, while I swear to Elisiul that I’ll always remain peaceful, it’s getting harder and harder to take care of all these guests you keep bringing…”

“Then why don’t you stop taking people in…?” she blinked.

“...Like I said, it’s annoyingly difficult to be taking care of all these newcomers…”

Regardless of the man’s complaints, however…

“Come on. This way. I’ll give you all a bed to rest on.”

He was, regardless, willing to offer his hospitality.

Addendum:

Those that experienced the appearance of Second would find it difficult to piece together what had happened beyond what memory provided them. They would not be able to even recall the face of the beast.

Lacie would be able to reunite with three of her rabbits. It was unknown where the two other rabbits were, though if the wolves were honest, it seemed that one of them was eaten.

Eros knows more about the Briar Forest now, and maybe was able to make great use of her leadership skills. Also, finally found the somebody that resembles the beautiful person that they saw (though it might not actually be that person.)

Monika would be able to reunite with her men, and maybe be able to make friends with a zealous paladin.

Zahrah would be able to discover that flower power is, in fact, mega super powerful and helpful and definitely makes people happy. Also managed to make a lot of friends including some wolves that want to eat them lovingly, flowers that want to pollinate with them lovingly, and a cute, smelly girl whose current whereabouts are unknown.

Hildegard would manage to garner more combatant experience with the wolves as well as learn more about the Briar Forest, and maybe be able to make friends with an overly zealous soldier.

Fei Liu would be able to look at his map with some degree of satisfaction in that he would be able to, at minimum, record the pathway from the Western entrance of the forest to Redhowl Village, but he knew that there were still more roads and pathways he could explore if he were curious enough. Still, the map he had at minimum was sufficient to provide one path for any interested adventurers and mappists alike to expand.

unknown.png

Rewards Suggestions in Spoilers
Rewards suggestions:

ZAHRAH
  • Asset: Love of the Haltrials - Having garnered the love of the (tsundere) Haltrial flowers, the character may be able to request of their assistance to save them through the power of their incapacitative and vampiric healing while they would be located in forested areas or if they have these monstrous flowers on hand with them as they appear. Should Zahrah lose or betray their love in their presence, however, they may not continue to present themselves to be as kind, loving, or willing to help them…
  • Title: The Dandy - Character has demonstrated a certain freeing excitement to them that causes those around them to grow fond chasing after their playful unpredictability. Does not appeal as much to those who are lesser fond of those who reject societal norms or find caution at their unpredictable nature.

EROS
  • Title: [Imposing Elegance] - Character has the capability and demeanor to be able to present themselves both as a figure of authority while still demonstrating themselves to be elegant in their nature.

FEI LIU
  • Asset: Western Mappist to Redhowl - With this character’s map, it will be easier for explorers and adventurers alike to be able to seek refuge in the civilized safe zone of the Briar Forest. That is, if they seek only to reach Redhowl through its western entrance.
  • Title: [Pioneer Mappist of Redhowl] - The character has been credited for having successfully made the map from the western entrance of the Briar Thorn Forest to its remote village of Redhowl.

HILDEGARD
  • Asset: Ryken Adventurer Rank D
  • Title:[Scarred Savior] - Although scarred with the terrors of trauma of which cause them fear and anxiety in the heat of remembrance of their terrifying encounters–rendering them incapacitated for a moment too many, they are, regardless, a person who has demonstrated themselves a person of greatness given that they are given the chances for support or confidence in moving past their obstacles. Guidance through charisma and understanding may just be what they need in order to move past these terrors and fears to reach further in their potential-or perhaps they may even find themselves to eventually weaponize these terrors and fears for something…completely different.

MONIKA
  • Minion Asset: Redhowl Familiarity - While the character was not present themselves, their minions would be able to spend enough time at the Redhowl village to be familiar with basic knowledge on the people and culture. Character may be able to benefit to learn more about the culture through consulting their minions.
  • Title: [Voice of Reason] - Character has demonstrated themselves to be a source of inspiration in moments of crisis for others. Their authority and presence will allow them to boost the morale of their allies in times lacking hope.

LACIE
  • Title: [Judgmental] - for better or worse, the character is quick to judge others and they can feel that judgement being passed over them. Can make characters behave in a more reserved manner around the character. Will be more difficult to get others to open up to the character in a meaningful way. Has an easier time identifying an antagonistic individual.

Last edited:
Isekai Hell RP Grade

Etymarchen Etymarchen EMIYAman EMIYAman Dante Verren Dante Verren Pet Panda Pet Panda Faynorae Faynorae Elvario Elvario

Another dreary stroll in the woods. At least you had plant based happiness. Just need to figure out pain and suffering based happiness. Aside from the construct, the rp's theme are dark and brooding seemed to persist from the last one despite the cast changes. Like some of the other corners of IH, it feels like things are building up. The remoteness of this particular location goes well with standing and keeping things special.

Aftermath
Nothing could happen if nothing comes out. The idea that there is a wandering creature that may have a map to sell that might lead to a village few could visit otherwise may entice some to go looking.

Rewards

Lacie - 58 points (narration bonus included)
  • optional title acquired [Immature] - Whether physically, mentally, or both, character has shown an abundance of room for growth. To grown to be considered a child, but too unreliable or stunted to be considered an adult. More easily recognized by children as a possible playmate. Confused by Adults as being more helpless or incapable than they are.

ZAHRAH - 78 points (attentive student bonus included)
  • Asset: Love of the Haltrials - Having garnered the love of the (tsundere) Haltrial flowers, the character may be able to request of their assistance to save them through the power of their incapacitative and vampiric healing while they would be located in forested areas or if they have these monstrous flowers on hand with them as they appear. Should Zahrah lose or betray their love in their presence, however, they may not continue to present themselves to be as kind, loving, or willing to help them…
  • optional title acquired [Simple] - Character is frequently underestimated with low expectations placed upon them. Has an easier time impressing others on the occasion they manage to say or do something exceptional.
EROS - 24 points
  • optional title acquired [Imposing Elegance] - Character has the capability and demeanor to be able to present themselves both as a figure of authority while still demonstrating themselves to be elegant in their nature.
FEI LIU - 19 points
  • Asset: Map to Redhowl - With this character’s map, it will be easier for explorers and adventurers alike to be able to seek refuge in the civilized safe zone of the Briar Forest. That is, if they seek only to reach Redhowl through its western entrance.
  • optional title acquired [Mappist] - The character has been credited for having successfully made a map worth something since not just anyone could make such a map and live to tell the tale. Assuming the maps accuracy, it's a title well earned. Now if only everyone believed its authenticity and accuracy.
HILDEGARD - 23 points
  • optional title acquired [Unbroken] - Your time and experiences have hardened you, even in your worst state, you remain yourself even under stressful duress. Character has an easier time living with their choices and past or present experiences.
MONIKA - 50 points (bonus for Attentive Student added)
  • Minion Asset: Redhowl Familiarity - While the character was not present themselves, their minions would be able to spend enough time at the Redhowl village to be familiar with basic knowledge on the people and culture. Character may be able to benefit to learn more about the culture through consulting their minions.
  • Title: [Voice of Reason] - Character has demonstrated themselves to be a source of inspiration in moments of crisis for others. Their authority and presence will allow them to boost the morale of their allies in times lacking hope.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back