• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Graded [Isekai Hell] [Quest] An Obscure Tutor Session

Iberis
Iberis on the other hand was unaware of the previous conversations that had been taking place too caught up in making the most of her academy experience. After their first adventure getting in the academy had practically affixed herself to Renee's side since then. Between the promise of power and the way that she couldn't help but look up to the woman and the fact that she was a literal orphan it probably wasn't difficult for Renee to be on Iberis's mind and someone whose opinion and knowledge she valued. After all Iberis was attention and knowledge starved, it was really the perfect storm Renee telling her that she could teach her things the academy wouldn't dare teach her. She of course had heeded the advice she got from the start and tried to get to know Scylla better too after they had worked so well together. Since the examination she had refined her arcane arts some, as well as improving her focus, by using the new found resources at her disposal quickly and presumably any advice that may have been given to her by better casters. Iberis was by no means in this world's definition powerful at the moment but she could cast much more proficiently than before. She had always had the potential to cast this well it seemed but now that she had the resources it could finally be actualized.

Her bathorn staff was currently leaning against the wall closest to her bed, as she sat upon it hat also in tow, her boots were on, and it seemed that she had been focused on reading some form of magical script in a dark bound book. Being a member of the academy certainly had its benefits with library access after all and was much better than any thing she had collected over her life time at the orphanage. She was a tad surprised when Renee came in, as it seemed she was hyper focused on the task at hand. However as soon as she saw it was Renee, her face shifted from one of surprise to a genuine warm smile,

"R-Really?"
She'd ask unable to hide some of the excitement in her voice, between the fact that Renee was glad to see her and the fact there was a way to further their magic. She then tried her best to quiet down, not wanting to be excessively loud. She heard the door lock and close before she looked over towards the Gnoll curiously, whom Renee had just addressed. She couldn't say she'd quite seen anything like it before or maybe she had, there were many types out and about Ryken. But she had seen a many things in this world so it wasn't surprising. So her eyes did not linger long, instead she said albeit softly.

"Hello, My name is Iberis, I don't think we've met before, I presume you're part of the plan?"
She accessed and inquired innocently enough trying to show some form of formality. Before looking back to Renee with a bit of a more determined serious look as she put the book down to the side and looked between the two of them, looking like she was getting ready for business.

"I'm ready to do whatever's needed." Stating this was a bit bold, but it was in part because she wanted to impress Renee and show that she could be a team player once again if necessary even with being unaware of what exactly they were doing, as she looked forward attentively ready to listen to whatever was to be said.

M̶̧͚̪͉̯̜̰͎̘̀͋̇̀͗̍́͆̑̏͂̿̊̚ǎ̴̯̀͠d̶̡̲̗̼̮̤̤̳̲͖͓͍̓̎̽́̽̏̐͂̆͆͘͘͘ M̶̧͚̪͉̯̜̰͎̘̀͋̇̀͗̍́͆̑̏͂̿̊̚ǎ̴̯̀͠ẃ̸̝̝̰͋͒

3b361f923597d9e44cb42612bdbe3a27.jpg

Skyhunter Skyhunter TheTimePiece TheTimePiece

It was about here that she had met some stuffy robe wearer that asked her stupid things like 'what was she doing here' and 'where was her visitor's pass'. She was glad she could tune out just about any voice, though she knew it was unwise to tune Renee out since she had the power to very violently tune her back in. She nodded at Renee's command and mimed zipping her lips shut "This one knows this academy may not understand your madness either. This one won't get us caught! Sneaky as a mouse with jack's disease heheha-" She plugged her mouth with her hands, and followed behind Renee as she reeled herself in. "Many hands make alot of tickle fights right? I bet Dahak has something fun for us if we can crack it!" She said eagerly, when they finally entered the building. She made sure to be exceptionally quiet, and walk in step with Renee. They only had to duck a few guards, and eventually they met the first of Renee's wards. She expected there would be more, but attending the academy?

Mad Maw waved when her name was brought up, but otherwise remained quiet and fiddled with her hands, working hard to contain the mania gnolls were infamous for. Hers only exacerbated by her estranged magic. Her auburn eyes flickering against the light of the hallway, a grin being the only thing she let slip as it spread across her muzzle like a virulent disease. She found it rather amusing to see a defiant student choosing wants over needs, it was Madeline's old life, but she remembered a teacher of her own. It felt like a lifetime ago; the madness she walked through made time difficult so hours could feel like days if she was 'switched on' enough.

She gives a bow to Scylla as she departs "Enjoy your weed smoking class, but remember where you are!" She did not speak loudly, and instead her emphasis was all in her exaggerated hands outstretching toward the whole of the academy "Roads yet traveled will be lost to if you stop at every flower" She said with a snort. Mad Maw having to squeeze her jaw shut as Renee's bloodlust rippled through her. Mad Maw practically gasping for air the moment the door closed behind them "Do you think you'd be where you are if you knew all this risks? What you did to those robed fools is not learned without some form of deceit and madness! Perhaps you could...hasten the process with just a little murder? as a treat? Though I doubt a circus of wizards is without it's powerful goons" She rambled, blinking as she realized they were not alone

"Iberis, the candytuft! What a delightful name. This one is Mad Maw and she is required to be on her best behavior! If the plan is to ascertain power then this one is very much apart of the plan!" In an effort to be serious and behave at the same time, she removed her hurdy gurdy and set it against the wall and sat on her haunches "Madeline...I read from a forbidden sheet of music in my world and it...changed me completely" Her cadence different as she looked from Renee to Iberis
"It showed me...so very much...and whatever language Dahak wrote in must be apart of it somehow for I can read it"

Ryken Dorm

1662081519217.png

Renee Nyx

1662081540806.png

Renee could hear the excitement in Iberis' voice, the beautiful young woman will make a great mage one day, maybe even far better than Renee was in the future. The witch approached Iberis with a smile on her face, the young witch reminded Renee so much of herself when she was young, those bright eyes, excitement in her voice, determination and need to learn more about the arts of the Arcana. " Yes, my little friend. I have been keeping a tome away from both you and Scylla until I could come up with a way to tap into its potential. But I was able to find a way through an unlikely ally. Who is also looking for power. " Renee explained looking to Mad Maw, the very much annoying Gnoll that Renee, somewhat, liked. " We will meet someone who I should have let die but they have knowledge of power I am after Iberis. I figured I'd be honest with you about it, just know he can't hurt you. It's an imprint of themselves but they won't know about this interaction till later on. It's... Hard to explain. " Renee shook her head but patted Iberis on her shoulder then looked to Madeline who was rambling again.

She did explain that she was able to activate the book, which was true, Renee was silent for a moment, regretting bringing the Gnoll along before she spoke, " Right... Anyways, Madeline here is correct. She was able to actively activate the book and brought us into the realm of death. Where we will most likely end up in after we live out our lives. " The Witch explained as she reached into her pack and pulled out an ancient looking book that had unknowable wording and letters all over the cover, the pages looked ancient. " This is the Codex of Death or the Codexius Choaxirs. " Renee said in an ominous tone, " I've read through the book, but I can barely understand what is being said, although she is the key to unlocking the secrets to the book. " Renee nodded. " So, in which, we will begin our coven here, Iberis. " Renee smiled sweetly. " You ready? " Renee asked as she moved to her closet where she had chalk and paint. Renee pulled out a small box with chalk as she walked to the middle of the room and began to draw symbols on the floor [Arcana B], " These will help protect us. I remember my master making symbols when communicating with the dead. " Renee said as she then created some sort large symbol as she laid the book in the center of the symbol with it's pages open.

Renee looked at both Iberis and Mad Maw as she sat down at the edge of the circle " Come join, when you phase into this next world, Iberis. It may feel weird. You'll feel like you're here but not at the same time. Madeline, when you're ready go ahead. " Renee stated.

Iberis
c1c09798754ff7edcdb17e719dc490d4.jpg

She smiled a bit upon hearing Mad Maw speak the way she did, nodding, to show that she was following. "Well it's certainly nice to meet you Madeline, I look forward to working with you."
If she was good in Renee's book she was good in Iberis's book. Truthfully the Gnoll was very intriguing to Iberis indeed. It sounded like she was capable of reading something important However whatever music it sounded like Mad Maw heard, well whatever happened had resulted in her current condition. Based on what she was telling Iberis assuming she was following the narrative of how Madeline had become Mad Maw in her own words. At the same time it had seemingly bestowed some form of power if she could read script like that. While Iberis envied her ability to read script like that she thought to herself that she would need to keep in mind in the future that the acquisition of power could have a cost attached to it if you weren't careful.

After giving Mad Maw her undivided attention while she spoke, once she finished the exchange the witch youth listened intently to what Renee had to say once more, very focused on her. Hearing the word tome immediately got her attention, as her eyes lit up briefly a bit once more, which was in all honesty a nice change of pace from just how tired she could look from the long bouts of studying she got herself into on more than one occasion for extended periods of time. She tried her best to follow and keep all of the information straight that she could for the time being in her head. She wasn't bothered that Renee hadn't brought the Tome up until she could actualize it, that made sense to Iberis, what good was sharing something like that if she couldn't do anything with it? Iberis felt a bit relieved when she heard that whatever they'd be dealing with couldn't hurt her according to Renee at least and she was inclined to trust her. When she heard that the Gnoll was also looking for power it all made much more sense, that was someone she might want to keep note of too, since those with like minded goals could achieve great things, Iberis was smart enough to recognize this.
She nodded when Renee told her it was hard to understand, she'd just have to accept that and wait and see what was to come. She smiled a bit when Iberis patted her on the shoulder, lighting up a bit once more.

"The realm of death? I've always pondered what that could possibly be like.." She commented softly, however when she heard the name of the book and the tone that Renee used it certainly sounded more ominous than Iberis had been expecting. Renee confirmed that Iberis had understood what Mad Maw was getting at and that only made things that much more exciting, being able to read a book with a name like that...And when she heard that their coven would begin she felt her heart beat a bit quicker with excitement just at the very mention of the possibility of a coven.

"Of course I'm ready!" She'd exclaim with a smile that had an edge of excitement once more, she immediately grabbed her staff and made sure her hat was secured upon her head essentially ready to get going then there. Was it really true she was going to get to join a Coven with Renee of all people? It sounded too good to be true. She stood to the side near the bed and carefully watched the movements that Renee made in symbol making, wondering if she could understand much but given it was Arcana B that was a fair bit out of Iberis's at best apprentice level understanding from what she could make out.

"I understand." She replied once more once Renee sat down Iberis made her way over to join her in the circle next to her on the outer edge, with a focused look, holding onto her staff tightly, mentally bracing herself to the best of her ability for whatever strange feeling was to come, wondering if it'd be similar to what the entrance exam space shifting had felt like.

M̶̧͚̪͉̯̜̰͎̘̀͋̇̀͗̍́͆̑̏͂̿̊̚ǎ̴̯̀͠d̶̡̲̗̼̮̤̤̳̲͖͓͍̓̎̽́̽̏̐͂̆͆͘͘͘ M̶̧͚̪͉̯̜̰͎̘̀͋̇̀͗̍́͆̑̏͂̿̊̚ǎ̴̯̀͠ẃ̸̝̝̰͋͒

Mad Maw could see the connection between the two instantly, and it made her all gooey inside. She had to be honest with herself, knowing exactly the image she presented all the while enjoying it's little pleasures. She had connections with people whether they liked it or not, and Renee happened to have something vastly more interesting to her than any mortal attachments. It was the chance for her to once again dance with the immortal arcanae, and drink from it's well. It seemed to be a desire the three shared at the very least. She fidgeted quietly and tuned her instrument while Renee caught Ibiris up. Her jaws opening and snapping as she tried to bite her own tongue, doing her best to go against her gnollish tomfoolery.

It was up for debate on if this streak of usefulness of hers would continue.

Her ears perking up as Renee started to gather her ritual witchery, drawing protective incantations and preparing differently than how they handled it earlier; Madeline just fiddled with the book like she was asked, and was just as surprised as Renee when this outlandish fool could understand the eldritch letters! She scooted over to her point on the circle and crossed her legs "This one accepts your coven invite. The world of the dead makes your skin feel likes it's getting crusty and I think it gave me Pica? I wonder if I swallow beads and thread, would I make a necklace? yes, yes!" She stretched her arms and rolled her shoulders before taking the book gingerly in her fingers, holding it above her head as she continues from where she last started, or from what she remembers. Her tail wagging as she gave a specific wheezing laugh; A strange aura went flush over the gnoll's form as she suddenly felt [Lucky F 1/3]

"The story, and the choices, or what have you, and therefore by becoming it is! So on and so forth, until inevitably we all until the end of time. At which time, everything all at once, so now you see? We’ve eaten too much, and it can’t be just yet. No, no! Until two-hundred and forty five! But the logic of elimination, working backwards, the deduction therefore becomes impossible to manufacture. It went on for nearly ten thousand years, until just yesterday. Here and there, forward and back, and never a moment before lunchtime. It can’t be! It’s the only thing there is! How many billions left until so much more than forever ago!"

Her form flickered once more as she read from the pages. That same unstable machination Renee had seen before A thousand eyes contained within the spatial outline Mad Maw had now become, her maw splitting into several jagged appendages with their own bathysphere of wretched gazes. Any cackle being radiated and spread among the several mouths like a disease.

It was Madness incarnate.
850ada14ae6c35aee114ee71a5d6915455f084dd.gifv

1662288780080.png

She couldn't behave and perform magic, she only realized now.

Ryken Dorms

1662344691585.png

With both Iberis' and Madeline's addition to the circle, the chalk began to glow on the ground, a ring of gold appeared around each of the females, it would disappear in a flick of light, this was a ring of safety. These would protect them once they entered into the next realm from the spirits that would want to harm them that could see them. Renee saw Mad Maw read the book, despite it being in the middle of the circle, the pages would move with each phrase the Gnoll spoke. The three of them would begin to see double vision, then triple, until they were seeing through quadruple lenses of eyes. Madeline's voice would shift as she transformed, a strange darkness emitted from the book as it floated into the air, this darkness etched out to the edge of the chalk that Renee had drawn out. The three of them would float into the air for a moment as Mad Maw continued to speak out forbidden words that came from the codex. Renee was staring intensely at Madeline; her eyes were cold as she debated on attacking the Gnoll as she transformed, she didn't want the eldritch gnoll to attack her or Iberis, that was not the goal but if it had to be so, then it would be so. Finally, each of their visions would darken as if death had taken each of them.

The Realm of Death

1662345867044.png

As each of the three appeared into the next realm, they were now physically here, the air was cold like ice, it felt lonely here despite the three being with one another. There was no wind, the air was stale, and the atmosphere was dead. This was the afterlife, and they were here physically now. This wasn't what Renee was expecting, she was expecting the three to be semi here, like having half their souls be transported here. Oh well, it would be easier now to obtain the power they would need. The three would be sitting in the same circle that they had drawn in the Ryken dorm, Renee stood up and wiped ash or dust off herself, letting out an annoyed scoff as she looked at the other two, they appeared fine. Iberis was still normal and Mad Maw was no longer that Madness Incarnate thing and just herself, which was lucky for Renee, she didn't want to kill the Gnoll just yet. " Welcome to the Realm of Death, Iberis. This wasn't what happened last time, we are now physically here. " Which Renee didn't sound happy about, Mad Maw had read more than was necessary most likely. Renee turned to face the stairwell that led further into wasteland, " Dahak! " Renee called.

1662348567930.png
Just as she finished uttering his name, an ethereal vision of a necromancer appeared before the three like the wind, he chuckled deeply for a moment as he looked over the three. " Good to see you two came back. You even brought along another, a little girl. " This necromancer stared at Iberis behind his golden mask, in his purple eyes was a evilness that couldn't be explained but felt for sure. Although despite being a vision, he still had an intimidation about him. Renee growled at the Necromancer, " Leave her be, Dahak. She is my pupil. My little sister. So don't try to scare her. " Renee's eyes glowed red. In which the Necromancer chuckled, " Of course. Of course. " His eyes looked to Iberis, " It is good to meet another one of Renee's future victims. " Dahak looked to Mad Maw, that comment angered Renee. " And my little insane Gnoll, I am glad you have arrived back. Our tutor session may yet begin soon. " Dahak flirted before he then looked to Renee, " I was not expecting you to actually come here physically. But at least you came prepared with a protection circle. Should work. But this is just the beginning of the Realm, the farther you go, the more eldritch and disturbing it gets. The Altar shouldn't be far from here but there are death entities around so just beware. " Dahak explained to the three. " The Realm does change. If you have any questions, now is a good time to ask. "

1662348668651.png

Iberis
As Mad Maw started shifted rather than being scared, Iberis was more intrigued than anything curious as to why this change was happening, was it a bit unnerving? Certainly, but Iberis was generally the type to be intrigued rather than off put by things she had never seen before.There were so many eyes appearing which was all a bit much. She also took note of the floating book and the whole scene unfold before her very eyes which seemed to be very occultish from a surface level look, which was probably pretty accurate given the circle with symbol, floating book, and Eldritch happenings, she just tried her best to focus for what was to become, but even that was becoming more difficult as she gripped her staff tighter when her vision started to show multiples here and there which was very disorientating even more so when she started floating but she didn't say a word, knowing that this was all part of what Renee had intended to happen no doubt, until suddenly her vision dulled considerably..complete black, that's when Iberis felt a bit panicked like what someone might see just before they gave their last breath...

And suddenly her vision was back in a whole new environment, she was grounded as she looked around the space. From what she could see it was dark, there didn't seem to be anything heavily built up and the landscape was so strange and foreign to her, as she just tried to take it all in. She looked to Renee who thankfully appeared to be fine, and then Mad Maw who thankfully, as interesting as she had been to Iberis, had shifted back to a more suitable state to interact with others then whatever that had been, as much as Iberis would like to know more about what had happened there with her. But something didn't quite seem right..she felt..too all here, and that's when Renee spoke to her and welcomed her to the new land, right so this wasn't exactly supposed to happen, it was okay as long as they had the cjrcle of protection she reckoned..plus Renee was here and she was really powerful so she didn't feel that she had anything to worry about.. at least she was hopeful that would be the case, She almost immediately by instinct made her way over closer to Renee if possible, carefully.

"The realm of Death huh?..I can't say I've been quite anywhere like it...I'm sure it'll be fascinating." She commented matter of fact with an edge of excitement in her tone at the comment made to no one in particular. She did however immediately turn towards where Renee had called out for Dahak, curiously to see if her call would be returned and to say that Iberis wasn't disappointed in what happened next was an understatement. Just like that the necromancer she had mentioned appeared before them. She could almost tell immediately that this must have been a very powerful person in life, just the way he was spoken about and dressed sold him as a great magic user in Iberis's mind, the partial nervousness and excitement only continuing to become more prominent, she doubted that many got to meet people like him and lived to tell the tale. She looked at him inquisitively being called a little girl, sure she was a minor, but something so diminutive? Who was she kidding Iberis wasn't exactly the tallest or most womanly looking around so she supposed it was only natural, a more serious look falling upon her face after the comment looking back at him, staying close to Renee. She felt rather pleased that Renee referred to her as a pupil, a younger sister even..that made her feel a warmth inside that was irreplaceable. She wasn't entirely sure what to make of the comments Dahak made towards Mad Maw either, pouting a bit when she heard him call her another one of Renee's victims..that hardly seemed fair to Iberis, but she knew better than to raise her voice when they needed someone's help. Just by listening she had already picked up on important information that the circle would only be effective a certain distance into the realm. She also learned that it was a changing place which could..arguably prove to be troubling. When he asked for Questions Iberis wasn't about to waste hers by not saying anything.

She made an effort to make a respectable level of eye contact, to the figure that had this certain unsettling aura about him particularly when she made eye contact, "You mentioned 'Death entities' just now..say that the circle of protection starts to wane in effectiveness, just what are these entities capable of doing that we should..be worried about?"

The form scared herself at first, but then she started to have a suspicion that the book was some sort of regulator in some way. That threshold of danger Renee was preparing for never occurred as the form stabilized, and then outright faded as their bodies and spirits separated and they were once again in the realm of the dead. It looked like they had become more engrained here. She must have read too much from the book and sucked them in too deeply, or Renee had messed up on her end. Either one was a possibility. Mad Maw dancing in place as they once again arrived in the realm of the dead. Mad Maw clapped her hands as Dahak was called, giggling rabidly as her baby daddy appeared in the 'flesh'.

She bounced on her laurels as Renee introduced Iberis, but Madeline was selfish with her time and tuned out some of the conversation before Dahak started to speak to her, and she grinned ear to ear "Not growing any saner, but I can stick my tongue in my nose!" Demonstrating shamelessly as it actually looped a few times vanishing into her maw again. "This altar is going to be fun, you better give us something with alot of legs to sacrifice, will it mutton? Oh! This one er...Madeline has a question" Remembering it was not wise to be too much of a fool toward Dahak. She could accept the electric fiery death Renee would send at her, but she didn't know the scope of Dahak's power and that scared her enough to behave at the very least

"First;How can I read from your book, but Renee cannot? The different in our skill should be obvious, have you seen through the veil too? Second; What should be done once we reach this altar, will further reading into your book reveal those details?" She had developed a means of handling her irreverent movements when she was behaving and that came in the form of lacing her fingers together and twiddling her thumbs.

The Realm of Death

1662699583657.png

Renee looked to her little sister, Iberis and smiled at her question, so curious she was. Dahak nodded, " The important question. Yes good. " The necromancer chuckled, " These death entities are power ful souls that are lost and want any type of living essence in which you all three are made of. The reason why you are still alive right now is because Renee's preparations with the Circle of Protection. Since you three came here physically, if you did not have the circle, you all there would have been torn asunder from the death energy in this realm. " Dahak spoke now crossing his arms.

" Your circle is your only lifeline right now. " Dahak spoke coldly. " But these entities will try to kill you, best use your magics and such. They're all different, right now, you'll come across eldritch beasts. The farther you go in the worst it'll become. " Dahak turned his head to see Mad Maw, he softened a bit seeing her, " Ah yes, my weird Madeline. " Dahak chuckled, " A little sick Gnoll but you are still adorable none the less. Now with your book... " Dahak thought about it for a moment then shook his head, " I am unsure, actually. Now it could be because Renee isn't well versed in death magics or perhaps you, Madeline, are something else entirely. It could be many things, you see. But for now we have no answers. " Just as Dahak answered the question, he looked at his hands and noticed something, looking up at the three females before he disappeared like the wind. " Oh that's not good. " Renee stated as she pulled her book out of her bag, her old masters journal. A symbol of her knowledge and past life.

A dark shadow crept out of the book and surrounded Renee momentarily, large red eyes stared down whatever would come their way. From the depths, a hand grabbed the ledge and pulled itself up, then a entire body floated out and hovered over them, the unknown entity turned it's head to the group. Humanoid body with sheets wrapped around it, skin was decayed and rotten. It gave a eldritch and disturbing growl as it reached a hand out to the group. A couple more floated from the depths and were now three.

1662703867707.png

Renee's eyes glowed red, " These are those Death Entities. " The witch scoffed, malice on her voice. " Weak. " Electricity coursed through the witch's hand as she then pointed her finger at the center ghastly enemy. Releasing a powerful bolt of lightning at her target. [Lightning Bolt D] Streaks of blue flashed through the air and struck the center enemy as it then obliterated the target while it unleashed a loud haunting yell. Now was left were the other two, they at first were confused but then floated towards the group with their hands stretched out to grab them. Renee could have taken them out but she wanted to see what these two were capable of.

• Lightning Bolt - D - Magic Affinity D, Energized D, Electric Affinity E, Magic Range E: Renee conducts electricity through her body and into her fingertips, pointing two fingers at her target, Renee releases a powerful bolt of lightning that reaches around 30 feet. - 1 post cooldown.

Iberis
As eccentric as the Gnoll was Iberis wasn't particularly bothered and was also curious as to why She could read it instead of Renee, she still imagined it had to do with what had changed Madeline to her current form, but she was hoping for more specific information this time around, but it seemed like even the powerful Dahak wasn't sure what had happened, she doubted it was a skill ceiling issue alone nevertheless, Renee was one of the most powerful people she knew so it just seemed natural perhaps Madeline had simply learned too much and this was the result. She found his comment about Madeline sort of endearing, perhaps there was some sort of interest there, but Iberis wasn't one to look too closely into it, there were more important matters at hand to attend to.

As, as unsettling the man's eyes had been when she looked directly Iberis still managed to light up upon hearing him tell her it was a good question, she still wasn't really used to being praised by people when she did well, considering she had come off the streets doing odd jobs so she had enough to eat, sometimes a place to stay sometimes not to attending the academy, which had been a big jump, from her experience she was normally dismissed by adults with the occasional kindness so this was certainly all quite new, he didn't seem quite as scary as before, with that comment, but afterwards she listened in attentively to his response, a more serious look quickly returning to her face, while she kept her close proximity to Renee. So these beings wanted to consume their life essence it sounded like, that certainly sounded like it could prove to be dangerous for them, Iberis thought to herself curiously. It certainly only felt all the more vital that the circle had been cast considering the suggestion that Dahak was making. Hopefully they wouldn't have to go in too deep to find this altar place. She definitely felt better having Renee around in general, they needed her magical fire power for a place as dangerous as this no doubt, even though Iberis was unaware what Mad Maw was capable of yet she was probably going to find out soon enough.

"Understood, thank you." She said with a bit of a smile, seemingly genuinely glad Dahak had answered her.

The Witch youth was a bit surprised when Dahak suddenly disappeared. She perked up and looked more on alert when she heard Renee make her comment about things being amiss. She then saw the figures start to come out of the book, it was go time then, time to spring into action once again, thankfully she felt much more prepared than last time. Despite the threats as perusual, Iberis was a bit awed to see Renee cast as the lightning formed and she smited one of them on the spot with the blue bolt and subsequent comment on how weak it was. She was undeterred by the haunted call as it vanished. She set her now focused eyes on the closest one and began to move her staff in a zig zag shape swiftly as she converted the mana into her red energy once more as it built up at the tip of her staff before she shot forth the bolt of red energy from her staff towards the nearest remaining Death Entity, since it seemed that Renee's magic had worked well she figured going on the offensive was probably a good choice for her as well to end this encounter as quickly as possible.
  • Energy Bolt- Magic Affinity E Arcane Affinity F, Magic Range F, Magic Targeting F, Energized E, Focus E -A more refined more powerful variation of Mana strike, Iberis sends forth a bolt of energy to strike a single target up to 10 ft away. Grade E - 0 Post Cooldown (Energized)

Powerful death entities sounded like a delight, but with how important the circle that Renee created, she figured that it was a good thing that they weren't here naked and afraid. She didn't mind danger, and from her time in Rogrim's Ruins. She quite enjoyed adventure, but there was no learning in suicide, and she was crazy, not stupid! The circle was of great importance and so she restrained herself from licking it and seeing if the chalk tasted as good as it did in her world. She could live in a world where her mistakes got her killed, torn asunder, and raped by all manner of eldritch horror her pursuits summon...but someone like Ibiris being subjected to such things. It didn't sit well with her. Now wasn't that foolish and hypocritical?

She wasn't entirely pleased with Dahak's answer but it's not like she told Renee everything either, so she supposed she'd have to be happy that he answered at all. She cackled as he called her something else entirely, it was a compliment of the highest regard, and she couldn't have been happier.

"
What kind of else could I be other than something! This one is grateful Oh Pop N Lock Dahak" She said with a snort, cracking her 'formal' vineer around Dahak just a little. Her ears perking as she hear Renee and turned to see what she was doing, though from her gaze. She had looked the wrong direction, her eyes snapping back toward the misty darkness where she saw something had risen out of the depthy depths of this spooky wonderland. She was delighted to see one of them, and they were as imposing as Dahak implied. She had no doubt that they had killed many foolish souls in search of wonton power. Renee seemed to disagree with her analysis and proved such, as she then vaporized one on the spot. Her lightning bolt a very shocking display, she would giggle at that one, knowing Renee would probably kill her for it.

"
Another test yes? This one accepts!"

She unslung her hurdy gurdy, creating a strange tangled beat of dissonant sounds as started to hum to the beat of an irreverent song; a throng of purple energy firing from her bizarre ritual and striking one of the remaining death entities with a haunting melody of seething madness. Her cackles almost mocking it as the song became much different to those under the effect of [Amydgala no.5]. The music they heard was deafening and showed them the fraction of what the Obscuris Firma revealed to her. A sea of endless void where shapes could be seen, noises could be heard, yet to understand only brought mind splitting pain. The shapes becoming more impossible the harder one focused, and only prolonged the suffering of those she played her erratic dirge to.

"
Death is not an escape from madness, it is merely a facet of it! See what I see won't you?" Her irises illuminating with purple energy as she held back nothing toward this entity that believed death was all their was to consume. Her cackles becoming ragged as she couldn't help but enjoy letting loose for once.

• E Grade cooldown 0/1
  • Amygdala No. 5 | 30ft [Madness Affinity F], [Magic Affinity E], [Magic Range E, Magic Duration E] | E Grade | 1 Post Cooldown | 1-hour Duration
    • She replicates a fraction of the eldritch music that transformed her, and to those whom still have their minds intact, it is a loathsome melody that attacks a single mind in range, but it also drains her of her power as it puts her through that terror all over again. Her vocal chords often left raw from her laughter.

The Realm of Death

1662931374189.png

Renee Nyx

1662956551904.png

With Iberis' pure arcane magic coming out of her staff, firing red energy at the closest spirit that was closing on them, with their large maw spread open that would have devoured Iberis, the pure arcane shot into the ghost's mouth obliterating it in a single critical hit that left only a gust of wind blowing pass them. Renee smirked holding her hat upon her head, " Good job, Iberis. Your magic is improving. " Renee patted the young mage with a happy smile on her face, " You're doing very well. " Renee released the young mage and looked at Mad Maw unleash her maddening magic at the ghost. Interested in seeing how it would work against the undead.

With Mad Maw's unimaginable music piercing the undead ghost's ears, the undead's eyes glowed white as it held its own head, violently shaking and whipping around in the air as it flew up over the edge before quickly descending as it emitted deep and screeching as it fell into darkness. Renee smiled looking at what transpired, she nodded in approval, " Not bad, Madeline, you'll become chaos incarnate in no time. " Renee smirked at the Gnoll, just as they had won their little battle, the vision of Dahak appeared before them again, looking at his hands, " Huh... That was strange. " Dahak stated looking up at the three, " I guess you'll know danger is near. " Dahak placed his hands behind his back and looked at the three, " Well you three are alive so that counts for something. You'll be able to take care of yourselves it seems. " Dahak said looking back where it looked like two moons hung in the sky, " Head towards those two lights in the air. " Dahak told them as he turned his head. " Just call if you need anything, perhaps I can help. " Dahak chuckled evilly before disappearing like the wind once again.

As the imprinted necromancer disappeared, Renee scoffed, " Thanks for the no help. " The witch commented looking at both Iberis and Mad Maw, " Let's go. " The witch lead her coven on up the broken stairs that was ahead of them, moving up the stairs, more stairs would appear before them to keep on walking until they reach real ground, ahead of them they find a creek of water that traveled up a cliff with the remains of a large beast, birds flew high in the sky towards an unknown destination but in the direction, they were heading. As they walked, they would find a small camp of people, a campfire was lit with about four skeletons sitting around it, the campfire was a dark blue and emitted a coldness, one of these skeletons spotted the group and waved them over. Renee looked at the two, " You want to go over? I doubt they would be much of a threat. " Renee whispered. " We won't hurt you! Come join us by the fire! " One of them called, his voice raspy, just as all of them turned their heads and began to wave them over. Walking over, they would see the skeletons were wearing only ragged clothing and looked like they weren't an actual threat. " Hello friends, you don't look like you belong here. " One of them commented. The fire was cold, strange for a fire to emit coldness.

1662956521078.png

1662957453399.png

Iberis
c1c09798754ff7edcdb17e719dc490d4-1.jpg
The Witchy youth was quite pleased at the results of her own casting watching it hit an actual real threat. Once that was dealt with she also watched what Mad Maw was capable of with interest. It seemed that 'music' or whatever you wanted to call it had an impact on the undead too, as even it was driven to giving up it's goals of siphoning their lives for it's own benefit before fleeing from the scene, whatever it saw when it heard the sounds must have been decidedly unpleasant, and that was saying a lot given where that thing lived, Iberis thought to herself.

"That..was really cool Madeline!..." she proclaimed towards her warmly, after the threats were decidedly gone.

This wasn't like the exams there were real stakes to be had here, Iberis was finally contributing in a meaningful way in a real world situation and it felt. great to her. Finally she could say that she contributed to something greater than herself, in front of Renee of all people no less. She once again soaked up the praise which she received from the founder, smiling at Renee warmly in response to the words that were directed towards her. Also rather receptive to the patting, praising contact not all that common in her

"Thanks I've... been practicing." she put it lightly, the dark marks under her eyes once again empathizing her enthusiasm for the acquisition of knowledge and furthering her own magical abilities. If she got strong and recognition then she wouldn't have to fend for herself anymore, joining the coven was another step in that goal.

When Dahak reappeared Iberis was a bit surprised, but her focus went back to hear what he had to say. The vanishing had been rather odd at that moment, perhaps there was something going on that she didn't understand, it didn't seem to problematic at the moment at the very least. Indeed his statement was true they definitely knew that danger was likely near given what just transpired. As he spoke she looked towards the two lights in the sky, they were intriguing to say the least, it sounded like they at the very least had a visual guide of sort as Iberis knew it would be essential that they didn't get lost in a place like this, or stayed here longer than they really needed too. She gave a nod and a smile towards Dahak after he generously offered to provide them more help if they needed it, even if the overall vibe he gave towards Iberis was a bit disconcerting. He at least gave them valuable information even if he wasn't going to stick around and that was more than helpful, Iberis figured, as long as Renee was around, she felt like she and Mad Maw would probably be okay here.

She diligently followed after Renee, staying close to her as she got a move on. She was a bit surprised by how many stairs there seemed to be as they just kept going. Occasionally she looked to Renee or Madeline, besides the foreign general landscape. She heard the running water and looked towards the sound curiously, as they reached the new view. The incredibly large skeletal remains of whatever that dweller had been was very intriguing too to her, what could it have possibly been? By the same token she really hoped that they weren't going to run into one that was still active. Besides the birds in the sky the 'life' that Iberis soon took notice of was the skeletons who were camping around a fire it looked like. She couldn't say she had seen anything like it, but by the same token she gripped her staff a bit tighter, her thoughts immediately going back to the experience she had with skeletons as illusions during the exam, but when they spoke they didn't sound hostile what so ever, and even Renee stated that they probably weren't going to harm them.

She then gave Renee a small nod of agreement, after her soft spoken inquiry. Perhaps these skeletons could lend them useful information or help them in someway. Once they were in range of the strange cold fire, Iberis looked to the skeleton who said they didn't look like they belonged and nodded, before giving them a small wave.

"Uh, hello there! Thank you for the..hospitality I hope that we're catching you at a good time, and right I suppose we are a bit out of place, we're traveling through you see."

She stated matter of fact which was true. They certainly were traveling through this world, she wasn't about to go into detail about why there were there, and even then she didn't know all the details that Renee knew. She also wasn't sure what Renee wanted shared or not. Either way while seeing talking animated skeletons was once again a bit off putting, she figured returning their friendliness was the best course of action, since it was pretty obvious they weren't from around there, didn't seem to be much point in lying either, thus she made the pretty obvious confirming statement waiting for MadMaw or Renee to speak further.

Mad Maw was not accustomed to praise and While Renee held interest in a very mechanical point of view, she could tell Iberis was genuine. The gnoll clapping a few times before giving the witch apprentice a hug, crawling onto her shoulders for a moment before the weight didn't quite work out and she toppled over. Mad Maw landing on her hands, and starting to walk that way without much strain, listening to whatever information was prudent and she didn't even know what that word really meant. "This one likes you! Renee picks her students wisely it seems. That spell is straightforward but is backed by genius eh? That's just madness for sane people" She said, giggling as they started to make their trek toward this altar. She had a feeling this would be no picnic so she got all her stress out of the way, and that consisted of more than a few jaunts and songs along the way. Her curiosity peaking as they came across a campfire where skeletons were gathered! What fun! She nodded at Renee's suggestion and made her way over there. Her legs lowering and standing her upright once more as she gave a wave and immediately sat next to the skelly man that was talking, holding her hands up to the cold fire and cocking her head.

"This one expected dead thing to live here, but do you not crave my womanly flesh? or the brains I may or may not have? You have so many friends so I doubt you get bonely" She said, snorting into a laugh and kicking her legs "Are you seeking an altar aswell? Maybe an obelisk? Ziggaraut? What's your magical mcguffin? or are you just enjoying the scenery!" She dug through her pockets and eventually pulled out a notebook in the shape of a banana only it was vibrant orange, flipping through the oddly shaped pages before stumbling on what she wanted.

"I prepared for this exact moment, and what better to criticize than the source material? Tell me what you think; Why are skeletons so calm? Because nothing gets under their skin!" Mad Maw cackling as she pressed a button on her hurdy gurdy and was supported by a four second laugh track she kept pressing.

The Realm of Death

1663389037189.png

1663389065785.png

Renee Nyx

lisandroalvarad.jpg

The skeletons each laughed at Mad Maw's joke, hooting and hollering, despite it all sounding dry and raspy. Their ribs all clattering together. Renee didn't exactly trust these undead, but this was a good spot for them to rest for a moment before they head on their way again. As long as Mad Maw continued to talk to these undead, they should be fine, Renee sat down on the ground, crossing her legs and patted the ground next to her for Iberis to do the same. They would be here in this world for a while, but they had a plan. This Altar would be their goal. For power. For her own goals. That was what this was all for... Her goals. She looked at Iberis and smile sweetly at her, Renee felt a certain kinship towards Iberis, she reminded her so much of her younger self. Renee felt sadness weirdly enough, sadness for what the future held for them. Renee knew that not now, but later on. Later on, in the future, they would most likely be enemies. Something Renee did not want. Her eyes looked up as the skeletons each laughed the more Mad Mad talked more. " Oh! We are calm because we are dead! " One of them said just as a moment of silence rang louder than their laughs but then all of them began laughing again. Renee shook her head. " Please, Iberis. Don't be like them. Do your studies and practice magic, you'll make it in this world. " She was already growing annoyed with this lot, but it would only be for a little bit.

OOC: Thank you both for joining! I'll get a grade out soon and we will start part 2 in a few days!

Isekai Hell RP Grade

Alright y'all! So what started as a refunding of points quest which was stupid, turned out to be a cool plot for magic questing and meeting characters! Tying lore up together as well it was pretty great! I hope to see you two in the next rp i will have out in a few days!

Renee (GM) - 79 Points

Mad Maw - 53 Points

Iberis - 53 Points

Users who are viewing this thread

Back