• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Graded [Isekai Hell] Project 10

Novama

One Thousand Club
Mentions: Clyvelle Clyvelle Orikanyo Orikanyo LadyOfStars LadyOfStars conman2163 conman2163
OOC: We will be keep a 2 day post frequency per round. Means you'll need to try and squeeze a post in per 48 hour period. Ask any and all questions. At present it is a free for all as far as who posts when so long as it is done within the next 48 hours. Out of combat, action economy will be ignored, but be mindful to play within character limits otherwise. I repeat: ask any and all questions.
Time: 6:00pm
Weather: cold, windy, cloudy sky. Dark. Those without means to see in the dark will have trouble navigating outside of camp. Cold - those not dressed for the weather or with some other protection from it will have reduced effectiveness acting out in it.
Cooldown:
TLDR:
Post Listening:
1664643391612-png.1027336

Yemaya, Thorne Barony

a25c8e7ff08ce237d1c3fe229f85a00b.jpg

This Chapter of Isekai Hell is a followup rp for Fantasy - [Isekai Hell] An Interlude Pt. 1 . The rescue effort to save as many people as possible from the ruins of Yemaya before monsters or other disasters befell them was met with relative success. The Order lent their strength and successfully pulled many from the ruins swarming with enemies. During the rescue effort, the Fell enemy had been weakened after suffering continual losses. Despite questionable security and a surprise attack, the refugee camp to act as a base of operations for the ongoing efforts would remain intact.
Not much has transpired since the previous rp, but some time has passed and the cast of characters has been shuffled. Count Linneus, lord of the county in which the thorne barony resides, has arrived with more men at arms and supplies. A supply chain would be established and security would be increased to ensure the camp was better protected. Soon Linneus would have enough men at arms to sweep the remnant of evil from the barony and begin its reconstruction. Arriving with an advance party, he would have the option of enjoying dinner while being updated on the situation on the ground. Linneus and Retili would be in the main tent of the camp at a table that was temporarily cleared of maps for the purposes of serving food on. Jareth and Oliver would find themselves in the tent as well. Whether they accompanied Linneus to the camp or stumbled into it on their own is up to them. Both would be aware there was a callout for help for the barony, as well as members of the Order would be present including Michael. Michael would be presently absent, but last seen jogging off toward the ruined city several hours prior.

The rp will revolve the efforts of those participating to see if a miracle could take place in Yemaya. Several thousands souls hang in the balance.

The tent the party was in was supported by massive poles. Between the poles is the massive wooden table that everyone has the means to sit out. Dinner that evening was a simple meal of foul, cheese, and greens: a compromise between the chefs and Linneus for something modest yes rounded and satisfactory. The table was marred by several indents and gouges from former planning sessions taking place. Despite the tent flaps being close to keep out the evening chill, there was a slight nip in the air that the campfires in the tent fought against. Small openings in the roof of the tent permitted the smoke of the fires to escape properly. The air smelled of the roasted bird and campfire. Despite the disaster outside, there were no moans to be heard from the dying or suffering: there were none. All were healed by members of the order. Other notable members of Linneus's entourage as well as those helping lead the camp's efforts were in attendance. Main goal that evening was to catch Linneus up on the situation and get a plan of action established for the morning. It would be the 10th day since catastrophe struck the Barony.

3af2ea3142b382897db25d74901a2a7a.jpg

Count Linneus Light

1670082862238.png"Leilosis, Lord of Light and Master of the Sun, we call to you now and hope you hear our prayers. We are beset upon by monsters and do our best to push them from our lands, but ask for your righteous light to be our guide and our blade against the darkness." While his tent was being set up, Linneus took the opportunity to meet with the survivors of the attack and listened to their woes. He was surprised to see that some of them were not as heartbroken as he was, but he had heard the people of Thorne were strong as the mountains. Nonetheless many of them joined him as he preyed for the safety of those still in the city and the swift defeat of their enemies. "May your eye be ever upon us as we walk in your grace and take up arms against chaos." Several golden rays of sunlight poked through Linneus' clasped hands as he preyed, a small magic trick to brighten the gloomy day.

In truth Linneus had placed a lot of faith in the Knights and hoped that their joining the effort would assure a much higher survival rate, but these numbers were underwhelming. Or perhaps his expectations were too high? He retired to his tent where a meal had been prepared for himself and other significant members of the Relief Effort. It was a far cry from what he was used to eating back in Osun, but he was grateful to have anything to eat at all given the circumstances. While his soldiers joined the volunteer guards in defending the campsite, Linneus looked around at the people seated at his table. Advisors who had made the journey with him, Eyrn who was advisor to Eustacia Thorne before the catastrophe, his Court Scribe. Hera had become somewhat of a fixture among the survivors; The Guardian Angel, they had taken to calling her, but she never lingered in the camp. She was a scout after all and she had spent her time flying over the city and keeping tabs on the enemy as well as on any survivors she might find. Flying in the rain wasn't ideal, but it kept her hidden from enemy sights and if anyone of her allies needed to get her attention, they were instructed to use mirrors or even their blades to reflect some light into the sky.

1670084326733.pngBack in the tent Linneus found himself absent an appetite. He was curious more than he was hungry and he wanted some answers as to what had transpired here. Before he could speak however, Eyrn broke the silence. "Count Light, I would like to apologize...for my lack of foresight. If I had been more proactive in my duties as advisor to the Lady Thorne...this may not have come to pass." Linneus could hear the sincerity in the man's voice and in a way he felt they shared a connection. Both were young and trying to play the role of leaders, but as Linneus had learnt it was not enough to just okay you had to commit and give your all.

"I am most curious as to why the number of survivors stands so few. Was this all that remained of the city's people? Were the Knights not strong enough and our enemy too powerful? Retili, your letter to me did not make things seem so bleak. I hope you were not leaving things out." The count's eyes swept over the faces in the tent, Michael who he had placed the most faith in was not present. He was starting to feel nauseous. Why had this plan not yielded better results?

conman2163 conman2163 Novama Novama Clyvelle Clyvelle Orikanyo Orikanyo

Oliver "Croaker" Delselmon

86df8154377c9965fae28a1c9338cf0b.jpg

"Leave it to me to find trouble right after having solved one a day or so ago..." And also, leave it to him, to show up relatively late to the party... It was now a part of the inexhaustible task of keeping people alive.. Had he a team of nurses available this may just be easier to handle... But now... Well... With it all had been explained to him by the random folk he bothered about it, it's likely he wouldn't have been too much help on the grounds when it was all happening.

But believe him when he heard the call out for help... he.. couldn't help himself but come running. He was making a trip to the Duchy for some much needed magical rest and relaxation.. But that old desire to help folks and be a hero... Which had been getting ALOT of service the last few months, sent him hurtling towards the front here, the horrible scene and the hurt people... Just what the doctor ordered.

Or rather, what the doctor will be ordering from.

He'd been getting a name for himself, been called the "Croaker" by the last folks and his...Frogness apparently was enough to make it stick. Known for healing and making a frog noise when squeezed... Great, but, he took it with whatever comes.

The tent was.. Well.. It was suitable, better than what he had been dealing with in the back of a wagon the last few days. In the tent, he was more or less trying to figure out the nitty gritty of the whole thing... Alot of the people here were healed, but alot of devastation still held it's grasp on the dead...

This young lord however... or was he a Baron? Did it matter? Seemed to be getting down, and speaking in probing words to his scribe...

"Hrmm... I had come upon this late... But with things as they are It may have come at the best time..." The elven fellow called Colloquially as "The Croaker" in recent times gazed a golden eyed stare at the group, curious and appraising.. Though not exactly looking with the skill, he had the eyes of an old man who had seen much, despite what his immortal features belay.

"I'm no advisor, but as a Medical professional, it is oft not wise to second guess one's past actions, where one can act in the present. We still have a great deal of work to be done, I believe we should focus on this, instead of picking apart our friend's earlier actions. Those may had been done with a degree of panic as well... Needs must, and expedience oft times doesn't make coordination."

The old(Young) elf spoke up, then patted down his clothes. "...I appologize for my words if they seem sudden, my name is Oliver Delselmon. My true elven name is abit long, best we stick with Oliver. I am a capable healer in my own right, i have brought the dead back as well... But the time frame is tight for such things..."

LadyOfStars LadyOfStars Novama Novama conman2163 conman2163 Clyvelle Clyvelle

c7367a5ee0e942f14464e7109fd237dc.jpg

Jareth Fletcher
| Human | Eyeglass Adept | Scorned | Ryken Adventurer F | Sandman | On the Wind | Mazerunner |
Scorned - Your character is seen as a pariah by the general public. You'll have increased chances of drawing the aggression of those around you. You'll also have increased chances of drawing the aid and support of characters that witness your hardship.
Sandman - character's body is made of sand. Is likely to leave sand behind wherever they go. Has an easier time staying together in moist environments and less windy days. Even when solid, can give off the impression they may blow away at any moment.
On The Wind - character is considered missing or actively avoiding being found. Can make it more difficult to establish trust with those they come in contact with. Those that know them already will not immediately recognize them.
Maze Runner - character has ran for their life in a confusing and trying place and situation. Character is more likely to perform better in confusing settings in the future where passive senses are not sufficient for getting through something under pressure. Increases ability to think on ones feet and improvise. More prone to finding themselves in similar difficult situations.

Jareth sat at the table, fidgeting with the hem of his poncho in his lap as he listened to the discussion. There had been a disaster that all but destroyed a town in the domain of the dark skinned man at the head of the table--Linneus, Jareth had heard someone call him. He looked young, surely not much older than Jareth, yet this man was a noble running part of the Ryke territory! The idea floored Jareth, and he could only offer silent thanks that it was not him in Linneus's position.

Though Jareth tried to focus on the matter at hand, he was still a bit choked up at the thought that he had finally somehow ended up in Ryke once more. He was only a few day's journey from home! The thought put him at ease, knowing that, once he was done here, he could finally head home; back to Master Nolan and the shop, making eyeglasses for the people of Ryken. The only place Jareth could honestly say that he belonged.

Presently, food was brought to the table, which snapped Jareth back to the present. Unfortunately, eating had become a charade he performed to not seem odd. He had left his appetite back there in the desert....Picking up the hunk of bird set before him, he bit into it and chewed. The sensation felt familiar in some ways but totally different in others as his saliva was no longer wet, but grainy with sand. The result was still the same in that what entered his mouth was ground to a pulp, but he hardly needed to chew in order to accomplish what the sand did in seconds. Ultimately, even if Jareth did eat, he no longer even passed waste it seemed. His best guess was that food was expelled at some point with the sand that fell off his body either passively or when he used his powers.

Thinking of powers brought Michael to mind. Jareth couldn't have been sure, but he thought he heard whispers in the camp that Michael was somewhere in the area. Looking around the tent, however, the Azure Fellow was nowhere to be seen. Perhaps Jareth would ask this Count Linneus later if he had heard true of Michael and where he might find him. For now, it seemed best to offer his services. He cleared his throat before speaking.

"I...erm, I'll do what I can...to help. What exactly...are we doing though...?" Jareth said tentatively.

Stats
  • Strength - F
  • Precision - B
  • Intelligence - C
  • Vitality - C
  • Speed - D

Senses
  • Supersense [Tremorsense] E (14) - 100ft radius
Passive Skills
  • Resistance [Physical] F
  • Regeneration F (6 post CD)
  • Resilient [Fatigue (caused by hunger, thirst, lack of sleep)] F
Items
  • Catalyst D (21)
  • Natural Armor (Heavy) E (21)
Fleet
3c043127fc8196e326dd00899ceab99e.jpg

Strength - F
Precision - F
Intelligence - E (7)
Vitality - B (28)
Speed - F

Sense

• Feature: Amorphous - Creature is composed of a malleable substance such as liquid or gas and can change its form freely.
Defensive
  • Change State E - Limiter 1: Permanent - The skill is always active in an ability at all times.
    • Change State F - can change into a liquid. cannot pickup solid objects. Cannot apply force greater than a gentle wave. Takes half the damage normally incurred as appropriate by narrator.
    • Change State E - can change into a gas. cannot affect things with more than a gentle wind. Is only minorly affected by attacks that don't affect the entirety of the character as determined by narrator.
Miscellaneous
  • Educated F - Stonemason: Architecture, Engineering, Mining
    • Architecture F - Character has knowledge of construction methods, architectural drafting, and more. A successful use of this Skill can also find weak points in constructions.
    • Engineering F - The use of scientific principles and experimental data to design and build equipment, structures, and useful devices.
    • Mining F - The knowledge of the processes and techniques to extract minerals and gemstones from dense rock formations.
Secondary
  • Investigation F - The talent for detective work – searching around for clues and making deductions based on those clues. Includes spotting the location of a hidden object and discerning from the appearance of a wound what kind of weapon dealt it.

Retili Loxinofican
Mentioned: LadyOfStars LadyOfStars Linneus Clyvelle Clyvelle Jareth Orikanyo Orikanyo Oliver

The scribe sat at the table quietly and ate his small meal of herbs and tea. In his short life since he had reincarnated it had always been a source of amusement to him that the small amount of readily available wild plants could sustain his people for such a long period of time. He had been told when he was younger that the diet was one of the reasons that the cave dwelling Zentail's organs, muscle, and blood were stained a deep ebony. Normally he would not have eaten with his Lord but he thought it would be rude to refuse any invitation made by him. Retili had pondered all day what precisely he was going to say to the Lord who held his employ. He had pondered what precisely he would tell him since the moment that he had been told by Finn and Hera of the treachery of one of the most powerful of Linneus' order of knights. Particularly since that treachery carried such a heavy price for the inhabitants of the city. Now that Linneus had openly asked him in front of those in the tent, he bowed his head and pushed the plate away. The mere thought of what the man had done as described by Hera made him sick. He folded his hands in front of him and quietly steeled himself. He had already removed his veil and hood as he was eating, so he locked his yellow eyes onto Linneus's own once the others finished speaking. "My Lord, it was not my intention to deceive you. However, I was uncertain as to how to tell you of the events that had transpired since my last report. The most of the knights of the order were certainly most diligent in their efforts to save civilians. Without them certainly more would have perished, however..." He trailed off for a moment and then steadied himself once more. "As I have heard it, the knight named Michael is largely responsible for both impeding the efforts to save more of the people within the city. According to a report made by the warrior Finnegan and corroborated by the scout Hera, many were killed as a result of a magical blast that all available evidence points to him being responsible for. It would seem that in a battle with the enemy he negligently used an attack that destroyed most of the buildings around him in a large area. There were many civilians inside." He delivered the final words of his report in a gentle tone. "I have tried to gather as much evidence of the event as possible in the time since the event. I have as detailed a report as possible ready for you to review at your convenience."

Jareth Fletcher
| Human | Eyeglass Adept | Scorned | Ryken Adventurer F | Sandman | On the Wind | Mazerunner |
Scorned - Your character is seen as a pariah by the general public. You'll have increased chances of drawing the aggression of those around you. You'll also have increased chances of drawing the aid and support of characters that witness your hardship.
Sandman - character's body is made of sand. Is likely to leave sand behind wherever they go. Has an easier time staying together in moist environments and less windy days. Even when solid, can give off the impression they may blow away at any moment.
On The Wind - character is considered missing or actively avoiding being found. Can make it more difficult to establish trust with those they come in contact with. Those that know them already will not immediately recognize them.
Maze Runner - character has ran for their life in a confusing and trying place and situation. Character is more likely to perform better in confusing settings in the future where passive senses are not sufficient for getting through something under pressure. Increases ability to think on ones feet and improvise. More prone to finding themselves in similar difficult situations.

Jareth stopped mid chew as Retili announced Michael's part in the issue at hand. Michael had caused some of the destruction? Had even killed innocent folk? Jareth's immediate response was to deny it, yet as he made to object, he stopped himself. The violence Michael unleashed on that jailer back on the floating island was a side of the Blue Knight the sandman had never seen up until that point--even in the heat of battle. It can't be denied that a destructive potential had been awakened in Michael. Knowing what he had personally suffered there, Jareth could hardly blame him for needing to let off some steam. Even so, he couldn't believe that Michael would willingly commit such a heinous act. There had to be missing information, but that was neither here nor there.

"Where is Michael now?" Jareth asked concerned for his friend.

Stats
  • Strength - F
  • Precision - B
  • Intelligence - C
  • Vitality - C
  • Speed - D

Senses
Passive Skills
Items
  • Catalyst D (21)
Fleet

Strength - F
Precision - F
Intelligence - E (7)
Vitality - B (28)
Speed - F

Sense

• Feature: Amorphous - Creature is composed of a malleable substance such as liquid or gas and can change its form freely.
Defensive
  • Change State E - Limiter 1: Permanent - The skill is always active in an ability at all times.
    • Change State F - can change into a liquid. cannot pickup solid objects. Cannot apply force greater than a gentle wave. Takes half the damage normally incurred as appropriate by narrator.
    • Change State E - can change into a gas. cannot affect things with more than a gentle wind. Is only minorly affected by attacks that don't affect the entirety of the character as determined by narrator.
Miscellaneous
    • Architecture F - Character has knowledge of construction methods, architectural drafting, and more. A successful use of this Skill can also find weak points in constructions.
    • Engineering F - The use of scientific principles and experimental data to design and build equipment, structures, and useful devices.
    • Mining F - The knowledge of the processes and techniques to extract minerals and gemstones from dense rock formations.
Secondary
  • Investigation F - The talent for detective work – searching around for clues and making deductions based on those clues. Includes spotting the location of a hidden object and discerning from the appearance of a wound what kind of weapon dealt it.

sample-6fd9cd421f932b4d1384d5098cfb5818.jpgSpending some time with Finn Kristina listened to the young knights woes. The situation within the barony had been about as bad as she had surmised from her time there. But she had gotten off fairly easy compared to those who were in the thick of rescue efforts. Finn's state reminded her of shellshock victims she had seen in the past, and despite her stoic nature she couldn't help but pity the poor knight. Kristina with the exception of a few acquaintances and brief allies had been relatively alone. While she didn't mind keeping herself company, she found her time with Finn enjoyable and even nostalgic, despite the circumstances. Plus she had to admit, having her tail pet was surprisingly pleasurable. It seemed her new body came with certain proclivities as a package deal.

By the end of it Kristina had somehow come to the decision to journey with Finn. She wasn't sure for how long, but he wanted to leave the Barony and Kris- or rather "Lupa" didn't mind joining him. Honestly it was a surprise to her, she had expected to go it alone for sometime not forever of course but still. She had business to take care of, quite literally. Leaving Finn to go on ahead she returned to the quartermasters tent as she had heard of the arrival of the Count. 'If big brass is here that means things are getting serious. I wonder how much he'll offer me for the stuff I found?' Lifting the flap and ducking into the large tent the first thing that struck her was the wooden table situated within. Decorated with delicious looking food that was strangely enough largely untouched. Inside the various men were in discussion. A tall pointy eared man Kristina guessed was an Elf, a scraggly looking young man who appeared to either be a traveler like her, or homeless... like her. One of them was the scribe she had recalled seeing before but hadn't spoken directly with, apparently it was the man Finn had delivered the report about Michael to. Her mind summoned up complicated feelings as to the destruction of the Barony, before returning to the situation at hand.

Entering further into he tent likely catching the attention of those inside she eye'd the figure of the last guy. Based off his position and how everyone around was looking at and deferring to him Kristina supposed he must be the Count. Her nostrils flared as the smell of the tent assaulted her, both the smells of the food and people around her [Lupas Instinct]. 'The smells really strong... wonder what they put in the food? And these guys reek, but not badly?' Confused by her sudden olfactory capabilities Kristina tried to put it out her mind. "Sorry for the interruption gentleman." She spoke aloud now in her "Lupa the Merchant" persona. An amicable yet confident smile graced her features and her tail swished back and forth excitedly. Fortunately she didn't really have to pretend she truly couldn't help but be excited at the opportunity before her. A greediness had risen in her long ago and even death hadn't staved it off long. "My name's 'Lupa' a Merchant, its a pleasure to meet you all. But I'll cut to the chase I don't wanna get in the way of relief efforts after all, in fact I'm here to offer my services." [Dragon] Her eyes narrowed and her smile took on a predatory glint. She presented her bag and removed both the Fell Grimoire and the Ring of Thorns now attached to a string. "My partner came across these items while in the Barony. I believe you in particular Count would find these of some import. It would appear the Baroness used these in whatever rituals led to the Baronies destruction. With it you may be able to reverse the effects or send those Fell creatures back to where ever they came from without having to risk the lives of your men. I offer these to aid your efforts, for a price." Kristina scrutinized Linneus gauging his reaction. She was prepared to haggle or convince the Count of the items validity.
  • Lupas Instinct - Heightened Sense [Hearing, Smell] E, Insight F, Appraisal D - Using a combination of her developed "sense" for a person through her life as a Bodyguard always on the hunt for trouble. And her enhanced sense of hearing and smell she gets a read on a person through their body language, the rhythm of their heartbeat and the scent they give off. - Grade D - 2 Post Cooldown
  • Dragon - Business F, Intimidation F- Casper had a saying that those who kill too much become Dragons, beasts that rule the land atop piles of money flying on wings of authority. Kristina didn't quite get his many metaphors but if nothing else she picked up on the way he conducted his deals. Through a combination of pressuring and business acumen she can bring someone to make a deal they wouldn't normally. Such as slight discounts and selling of items they wouldn't normally. Essentially scary haggling. - Grade F - 0 Post Cooldown

Last edited:
Count Linneus Light
1670175415973.pngAlthough there were some familiar faces at the table with him, just as many of those faces were strangers and Linneus was irritated that those strangers were throwing in their two cents in such an improper way. Oliver introduced himself at the end of his spiel and made it clear that he was someone with medical experience. His place at the table was warranted and if he was to be believed he was capable of raising the the dead. Linneus was impressed, amazed even at the declaration, but did not want to put too much of his faith into the elf's words. "Thank you for joining our efforts here Oliver. Your medical knowledge and power are greatly appreciated. What do you think is the best course of action in this situation? Can you save those who perished in the city?"

After Oliver had introduced himself, another person chimed up but apparently had no intentions on sharing their identity, only that they were here to help. Linneus swept the stranger aside as his gaze went from the man to Retili. The Scribe's words slowly darkened Linneus' mood as his report revealed the tragedy and betrayal that had occurred. "Th-thank you for your diligence, Mater Loxinofican." Yet another poor decision on his part as he had once again put his trust and faith in the wrong person(s). First it was the mercenaries that burnt down Redcliffe during the demon attacks and now it was one of his own Knights. That sick feeling he had earlier started to grow as tears of anger and regret swelled in his eyes. Shortly after Retili's report concluded, the unidentified man spoke up once more. "Who are you and what skills or knowledge do you possess that warrant you sitting at my table?" There was a hint of venom in Linneus' words as he stared daggers at Jareth, waiting for the man to respond. Sensing the Count's anger, the guards inside the tent stepped forward, prepared to remove Jareth if commanded to do so.

That was when Kristina appeared and while she was technically intruding, she brought something of value with her. Linneus stood up as she revealed the grimoire and ring. "That is Lady Eustacia's Ring, I have seen it upon her finger." Eyrn confirmed. Linneus looked over the two items, not daring to make contact with them out of fear what their dark magics might do to him. "You and your associate have, Sol's thanks, Miss Lupa." Linneus quickly replied before he gestured for the soldiers to take the items and store them some place. "It should be frowned upon that a merchant is only willing to part with such dangerous items for gain, but I cannot say I am surprised." He came from such a family and not too long ago considered himself one of them. So he knew he would have to play ball. "For these cursed objects and the risk you and your ally faced to bring them to me...." He glanced over at Retili, letting the man know he would need something written up. "...I am willing to offer you money, a trade of equal value, or even some property here in Sol." Linneus didn't mind rewarding people when their hard work produced useful results

EMIYAman EMIYAman conman2163 conman2163 Clyvelle Clyvelle Novama Novama Orikanyo Orikanyo

Marcellus Fachnan

Quietly, Marcellus sat at the table, hands absentmindedly stabbing about the rather meager yet satisfactory meal laid out before him with his dining utensils. Everything had been terrible, unbearably so, at least in his somber opinion. The mission to rescue those still trapped within the city had yielded depressing results and to make matters worse, one of the Order Knights had committed an utmost vile deed, which only further impeded their efforts of liberating the poor souls buried beneath death and destruction. Whether or not Sir Micheal's actions on that day had been done unwittingly was a matter one could not waste time pondering over. After all, what has already happened has happened and the past could not be changed. Solemn eyes lifted from their unwavering position and began trailing over those that were currently present within the tent. There were few faces that stood out as familiar to him, those being of Loxinofican, the ever-diligent scribe, and Lord Linneus.

Torrin's presence was nowhere to be seen, as had been standard ever since the Knights came back from the city. His brother hadn't been declared missing in a direct manner but it was undeniable to anyone that possessed a scrap of intelligence that the man was. Two of his siblings, his family were just gone. Disappeared, nowhere to be found, and not a damned thing was being done about it. Rage was an emotion he had felt strongly with every inch of his being in the earlier days of their disappearances, for what else could he do? As much as they all had their differences, he still loved them fiercely. But as time marched on, everything had numbed until he was at a crossroads. What use was he just sitting by and letting the world pass by him? There was always work to be done, especially in the camp and so he began to pick up the slack.

He excelled most in areas like logistics and so that's what he did. Coordinating and moving resources to their proper locations, tracking who was taking out specific types of goods, and making sure the distribution of these resources went along swiftly. There wasn't much joy to be found in it but it was something that kept his mind off of the circumstances of Torrin and Eustacia. Soon, it was with the entrance of a new person, a merchant named Lupa who petitioned her services for a price that saw a new kind of anger arising within Marcellus.

The book hadn't really caught his attention, however, it was the ring that had. That was Eustacia's ring, one he had seen her wearing before. "My Lord, if I may, I must express my doubts regarding the acquisition of these items, more specifically the ring than anything less. It is to my knowledge that my sister, Eustacia would never willingly take it off." He started off, eyes staring imploring at Linneus, seeking to not shut have his questioning shut down so prematurely, he did not wish to be a repeat of how the Count snapped at the unknown vagrant-looking man, before turning a hardened look on Lupa the Merchant. "That leads to me question how exactly did this partner of yours acquire it?" It was simply at times like this that he wished for the ability to peer into the minds of all those around for answers, even ones of low substance, anything would suffice.

LadyOfStars LadyOfStars
Clyvelle Clyvelle
conman2163 conman2163
EMIYAman EMIYAman
Code by Serobliss

Mentions: Clyvelle Clyvelle Orikanyo Orikanyo LadyOfStars LadyOfStars conman2163 conman2163 eloise eloise EMIYAman EMIYAman
OOC: 2 day post rounds. Ask any and all questions. Out of combat, action economy will be ignored, but be mindful to play within character limits otherwise.
Time: 6:10pm
Weather: cold, windy, cloudy sky. Dark. Those without means to see in the dark will have trouble navigating outside of camp. Cold - those not dressed for the weather or with some other protection from it will have reduced effectiveness acting out in it.
Cooldown:
TLDR: Michael is making something in a ruined smithy located in Yemaya. Meanwhile, the refugee camp nearby prepares for a cold night and a potentially arduous morning.
Post Listening:

Yemaya, Thorne Barony

*Clang*

Went the hammer against the molten metal. Darla stared as Michael as he worked the smithing tools.

*Quench*

Hissed the hot iron when Michael dunked it into a bucket of oil. James stared at Michael with empty sockets and caved skull. Janet stared at Michael. Both of her arms were missing.

*Fwoosh*

blew the bellows as Michael stoked the flames of the furnace. Penny stared at Michael as the furnace cast an intense light and harsh heat throughout the crumbled forge. Cane stared at Michael. His top teeth were exposed and bottom jaw was missing. In Cane's arms was the upper half of his sister. She was twisted unnaturally in his arms to stare at Michael too. It was easier without anything below the waist.

*Pst Pst psss*

shrieked the cold sweat that dripped from Michael's brow down onto the liquid mithril he laced into the worked iron. Gray hands with torn flesh and bloody remains clung to Michael's neck, arms, and finally his face was encroached upon. Michael's eyes were wide and intense with focus. His lips barely masked the snarl of his clenched teeth. It was not clear if his strain was more from the smithing or those pulling and tugging at everything he did. The Smithy smelled of brimstone, fire, and ash. The cold whipped at the edges of the partially collapsed building, threatening to flood the room with a frost as soon as the furnace was given a chance to cool.

Michael's smithing hammer was in mid swing when a Fell knight had found him, drawn by the noise. Michael didn't even need to look before releasing the hammer to fly through the air at the Fell knight that rushed into the room with sword in hand. The knight didn't make it half way before the hammer crushed its chest plate and sent the suit crashing into a wall. The dark smoke faded way like mist in the wind, leaving behind a dark armor that joined the rest of scattered armor pieces that littered the forge floor. Michael had been at task for a while. Michael was once again alone in the room. The blacksmith would select another hammer from the wall and return to his work. His blue eyes would flare briefly at the thought of acknowledging the fell knights' remains directly, but he remained in control and return to his work. Time was of the essence. Driven like a mad man, Michael swung his hammer to try and make use of what heat remained in the metal.

*Clank*

Mathew stared at Michael with lifeless eyes. He held a ravaged teddy bear in his lap. Both of the boy's legs at the knee were gone. Neither Michael nor his spectators seemed to mind the cold outside or the inferno within.

Refugee Camp

The mood and morale of the camp was high, all things considered. The Lord of Light was present and would lead his reinforcements to take back their city. While the meeting continued, the servants would do what they could to keep people satisfied without making a nuisance of themselves during the meeting. Soldiers would carefully patrol the camp and keep watch of Linneus's tent especially, but also keep watches at the camp's exterior. Some of the soldiers and laborers had started making hasty barricades to encircle the camp and make it a more defensible position. Survivors that were resting or too weak yet to aid in the camp duties would be left to cling to each other or rest. Although supplies were brought and dispersed, some of the survivors would still face a chill in the air that threatened their weakened forms. Mothers would assure their children with promises of Linneus's soldiers and The Knights of the Order would put things right again. Giving their words credence, the camp no longer smelled of the dead and the dying. The smell of fear and dread had given way to anxiety and tentative hope.

sample-6fd9cd421f932b4d1384d5098cfb5818.jpgA satisfaction came upon Kristina once she realized the Count recognized one of the items. She'd got his attention, and he seemed more than willing to pay just about whatever price she asked. 'With the Count's help I could start laying down the foundation for my work...' All her work to procure the Grimoire and Ring felt more than worth it. At a signal from the Count the soldiers at his side made for the items in Kristinas possession. She frowned as she eyed the two of them. While she was no stranger to handing over goods, she couldn't help but get tense at just handing them over without securing payment first. For now she decided to trust the Count, or rather his pride as a Noble. Besides she was "Lupa the Merchant" not Kristina. She was meant to be a scrupulous woman with a craving for coin. "I can see my lord is a wise and decisive man." Kristina wondered if she was laying it on a little thick but imagined this too was how Lupa would act. At Linneus' words as to the tendencies of merchants to be self serving Kristina gave a Cheshire like grin showing her long canines. "Nothing in this world is free, my lord..."

Moving to hand the items over Kristina suddenly stopped at a sudden outburst. Her ears twitched at the sound and her tail slowly swished. Still holding the grimoire and ring she turned her head to the blonde young man that sat upon the table beside Linneus. Flicking her eyes back the soldiers she shrugged at them as if to communicate "what can you do?". Kristina walked closer to the table giving a polite yet still flippant bow to Linneus before casting her full attention upon Marcellus. She remained quiet as the noble of the now destroyed barony gave his misgivings with the deal. While he let out his impassioned tirade Kristina rifled through her pockets for her cigarettes. In a practiced motion she pulled one out placed it between her lips and lit the tip with her lighter. By the time he was done and shooting an accusatory glare at her she was comfortably nursing her favorite cancer stick.

She stared back at him, utterly silent and nonchalant. She drew on her cigarette before taking it out of her mouth pinching it between her two fingers. Softly blowing, a streamlined cloud of smoke traveled through the air before dissipating just in front of Marcellus. "Your concern for my work is admirable, sir. But I regret to inform you that I have taken an oath with my 'partner'. I cannot divulge their identity nor how they do there job. Trade secret, I'm sure you understand." Kristina addressed Marcellus respectfully for all intents and purposes, but there was a lilt to her voice that spoke of how unperturbed she was by his words. His investigative gaze was met by her affable predatory one. She swung the ring around in a circle idly using the string it was tied to. "All I can say is that they went to great lengths to procure these items and their work was indispensable to me, and soon to the Count. That's not the only thing my partner found for me, they also learned a lot while in that city." Kristina smirked. "That sister of yours, Eustacia was it? Did some very bad things, as you all no doubt suspected but had no evidence of until now... Here's something free of charge, the Baroness is likely no longer human. Her obsession with ritualistic sacrifice led to many dead, and based off what I have been informed even robbed her of her humanity in the end." She put her chin in her hand as she stared down the noble. "So my lord, I think what you should be worrying about is less about things that don't truly matter to your situation. And more on how you are going to remove the stain which will no doubt be tied to your family name with this terrible incident. The past is long gone, and the future has yet to arrive. So we can only do the best with what we have in the present." Her point made and her fun over, she placed her cigarette back in her mouth. She then presented the ring and the book to the soldiers. "This is opportunity cherish it..." Kristina looked behind her shoulder at Count Linneus. "If we have a deal my lord then I'd request a plot of land near Osun as payment. I'm open to negotioations." Within her mind she couldn't help but think, 'Was this how Casper felt?'.

Last edited:
Count Linneus Light1670215152322.pngWith darkness settling in around the camp, the soldiers were more focused now on protecting the perimeter. From what they'd heard of the enemy it would be very difficult to see them in the night so they had to be vigilant and more alert now than before. As she did every two hours, Hera returned to the camp, cold and wet from the rain. She wanted to find a fire to warm herself near, but instead hurried towards the Count's tent.

Linneus was shocked by the fellow noble's line of questioning, but then he could not blame Marcellus for being curious and upset. Both of his siblings were absent and here came someone presenting their belongings. However Linneus could not over look the fact that these items might somehow be connected to the chaos that had befallen the city and that meant that Eustacia was at the center of it all. "I can attest to, Lord Marcellus' claims, Count Light. That is Lady Eustacia's catalyst...she never parted with it." Eyrn declared, his eyes traveling from Marcel to Linneus and then to Lupa.

"While evidence of the causes of this incident have not yet been presented to myself or any trusted member of my court...refrain from slandering my nobles and spreading mis information." Linneus quickly declared after Kristina had finished her little show. He disapproved of arrogance and cockiness, especially in times like these where there was no place for such flaws. "You have these rewards only because I am grateful for your honesty, but I could very easily seize them and yourself under suspicion of involvement." The tone in which the Count spoke cemented the seriousness of his words. The situation called for humility, not petty squabbles and battles between egos or reputations. "Master Loxinofican...draw up a writ please. Granting Ms. Lupa a vacant property in Redcliffe Village. You will of course be expected to adhere to the laws of the County and the village. If we discover that the information you just shared with us is unture or that you came about these items through duplicitous means then your property may be seized and you may even face imprisonment, after a trial of course." Linneus turned to Retili and pulled out his seal to hand to the scribe so that the document may be stamped and made official. He dropped back down into his seat and just as he got comfortable, Hera entered the tent.

1670221119012.png"Lord Light." She bowed her head to Linneus and then to Marcellus. "Lord Fachnan." The shivering aerial moved closer to the fire and stretched her wings just a little to let the warm circulate and reach more of her feathers. "It has gotten too dark within the city for me to be able to effectively keep track of the enemy. I've returned for new orders."

Linneus looked around the table and right away he thought of Michael. "Find the Blue Knight and let him know his presence is requested now. Take care not to endanger yourself and fly safely." Hera gave a nod and bowed once more before she headed back out of the tent. Flying would be hard to do right now she she would proceed on foot and then take to the skies after having had time to rest her wings.

Novama Novama EMIYAman EMIYAman conman2163 conman2163 Clyvelle Clyvelle eloise eloise Orikanyo Orikanyo

Azusa
anime, female, High school uniform, brown hair, backpack,  s-1783708202.png

Azusa had a map in her hand of a barony that she was trying to visit, though, during her travels, she had heard that something had happened there. Though that only made her quicken her pace, figuring that the best places to look for people out of place are populated areas. She was still unsure what to make of this world she had found herself in. She often thought it was simply another dream she would wake up to at any moment.

As the sun set, she saw the glow of campfires upon the horizon as a gust of cold wind blew through her. Causing her to grab her biceps, trying to block off more of the wind. However, the only means of light she had was the fires coming off from the camp, pausing along the road for a moment to look at it. So many questions, though I suppose someone might know where I am if those are campfires. Azusa thought to herself as she sighed before slowly continuing to trudge her way toward the camp. Though she had wished she had packed some heavier clothes, the sweater she had over her uniform and the bow did block some of the wind though not all of it and her skirt did little to help with blocking the wind.

Eventually reaching one of the entrances, she saw the soldiers and the townspeople inside, though she noticed that not all of them were soldiers. "Did something happen here? I came looking to see if anyone I knew had passed through these parts here but if I can lend aid I will do so in any way I can," She stated as she approached the guard with her hands clasped in front of her before using open arms to conceal her weapon from the guards should they try and search her.

• Open Arms - Concealment F - The user attempts to conceal their weapon from sight. - Grade F - 0 post Cooldown

Mentions: LadyOfStars LadyOfStars eloise eloise Clyvelle Clyvelle Novama Novama conman2163 conman2163 EMIYAman EMIYAman

Retili Loxinofican
Mentioned: LadyOfStars LadyOfStars Linneus Clyvelle Clyvelle Jareth Orikanyo Orikanyo Oliver EMIYAman EMIYAman Kristina eloise eloise Marcellus

Retili sat in the tent and met the look of veiled fury on his Liege's face. It was quite clear to him that the man was upset by the news, as the tears that had begun to well up had not gone unnoticed by the scribe. He stayed silent and said nothing. With nothing to say on it he turned to examining the merchant that had recently entered the tent. His own guards were just outside along with the rest of the camp's. They had arrived from the north and his homeland not long after Linneus had arrived and were kept close in case of any trouble. For some reason poisoned arrows had recently become a very big concern for the scribe, and he wanted to make sure there was someone nearby to help defend him if a situation arose. The pitch was blatant and cut throat. If Retili had been Linneus he might have had the woman arrested for so boldly presuming to sell the property of one of his bannermen to him. He was not of course, and the transaction happened so fast he could not even advise his lord against any such deals. Still, he resolved to watch the woman carefully in the future. Ever prepared he withdrew the necessary materials from within his satchel and placed them on the table, quickly drawing up then blotting dry the agreement requested by his Lord. Taking the seal, he melted some red wax and stamped the writ at the bottom. Then he folded the parchment neatly and stood to hand it to Kristina. Afterwards he returned to his seat. By that time Hera had come and gone. He turned to Linneus. "My lord, I should also let you know that Lord Thorne is missing and has been so since shortly after I wrote my last report. He entered the city under instructions to redirect the refugees to the new camp and is presumed missing. I fear he might have been a casualty of the explosion as well." He folded his hands once more. He paused for a moment. "My lord, I am not clear of the line of succession, but is Lord Fachnan set to be the heir of the Thorne Barony upon the death of his sister or are their other heirs to the title?"

Oliver Delselmon
86df8154377c9965fae28a1c9338cf0b.jpg

Oliver rubbed the birdge of his forehead, ...Yes.. Continue to posture and point fingers and play the verbal slap fight, that will pull people from the rubble and stave off the cold... He sighed and nodded. The elf considered the others, eyes seeing their exhaustion... it'd only just begun, but they likely had been working tirelessly... But... he was asked to explain what he believes is best in regards to this strange rescue situation.... he would need to explain the situation fully... And what the capabilities of his spells were...

"...If I may have the floor..." he stepped forwards to the table, his staff in hand, it's gemstone atop of the willow wood staff scintillated in the light in the tent... He gave those attending a look, then nodded.

"I am possessed of a rare enough healing talent, namely magical, to be able to return the dead to life. I have done so enough times i've become known for it, and have made my way across many a disaster in my travels. However, I must also state, that the magic is very fickle, and has limits to what it can, and cannot do. perhaps I may be more pwoerful to break these limits one day, but within our time now, we shall fall within.

First, and foremost.

The deceased must be within ten days of their death for my magic to return them to life, this is baseline and irrefutable, the spirit will have left and the body will have deteriorated for far too long. I have attempted, with an animal i may add, to freeze the body and wait, but to no success in this manner. Such is why i state the spirit being fundamental."

He shifts his position to the table, place a hand upon the wooden planks.

"Next, is the state of the body, my magic is of healing, but if cannot reconstitute a body ripped apart, it can seal holes, it can seal up gashes. it however cannot recreate a limb... However, if the limb were still there and applied upon the casting, it is possible to reconnect it. if time is available before hand, sewing it back on in the proper position is best... And I mean the proper position... bringing a man back only to have his arm hanging from threads is not pleasant for any involved..." he spoke candidly on the matter, one might think it a joke, but the fair featured elf did not so much as tremble in laughter, he was quite serious.

"Third, and most importantly, I can produce this spell sparingly over the course of a day, to a great number of targets, but combat or exertive situations beyond simply casting can restrict the flow of mana, causing issues, the recipients would need to be brought to a safe location, for their sake and my continued work here to actually gain leg way... If we've any other of high healing ability... it would be best we draw them out as quickly as possible. I have seen the blight, this will likely interfere with my casting as well.. the last thing we need is the magic hampered...

Fourth.. and the most crucial..." he pauses and sighs.

"We need the dead brought out from the rubble, and wherever they lay, if they are within the time limit of which is paramount... that alone requires hands, capable, strong, and above all fast enough to avoid the trouble and able to get people in... It's almost as if we were to employ grave robbers or looters... But i assure you, the amount of people i've seen go from forlorn and lost to returned to the light of their life from the resurrection...

it's enough to make a jadded old elf smile..." he smirked, this time actually laughing a little.

"...You might find somebody with my line of ability expensive to field... Willing to gouge your coffers... I shall offer it with a singular price.

A nice bath, a warm meal and a place to rest my head for a day or two, thats my final offer."

Jareth Fletcher

At the Count's demanding tone, Jareth turned to him, a frown settling into his features. He met the Count's gaze but didn't answer. As it turned out, he wouldn't have to due to a series of interruptions that seemed to push the young man's unknown status aside. The last of these was a winged woman entering the tent. She gave a brief report to the Count, who then promptly sent her to find Michael. At this, Jareth moved to follow her, stating, "I'll be joining you if you're going to Michael." Should anyone attempt to detain him, they would find themselves holding sand and grasping at air as he fazes through them.

Once outside, Jareth would fall in stride next to the aerial. He would glance often at her, as well as their surroundings. There was a lot of activity to take in, and she was a creature Jareth hadn't seen much of in Ryken. Had it been a different setting, the young man might've talked more casually with her. For now, however, it was business and information.

"My name's Jareth by the way." Jareth said while glancing around at the camp. "Do you know what happened here?"

Stats
  • Strength - F
  • Precision - B
  • Intelligence - C
  • Vitality - C
  • Speed - D

Senses
Passive Skills
Items
  • Catalyst D (21)
Fleet

Strength - F
Precision - F
Intelligence - E (7)
Vitality - B (28)
Speed - F

Sense

Defensive
Miscellaneous
Secondary

Marcellus Fachnan

Marcellus was no fool, that was for sure. Thus, he held no appreciation for the tone being used toward him nor the way the merchant was so usually swinging around Eustacia's ring as if it were some shoddy piece of jewelry that could be found in a market. That was her catalyst, it had been with her for countless years and the sight of it being disrespected in such a manner infuriated him to no end. There were many things in this world that he could tolerate with practiced ease, but anyone throwing scorn at his siblings? No, completely unacceptable. Saying that his sister was probably no longer human in form and was most likely at fault for the tragedy that had occurred in Yemaya? It went beyond what was passable as valid criticism, especially considering this Lupa's position, within polite society. There were just some things you didn't say outright in public, more so over right in the face to the subject of criticism's relative.

Retreating into himself, once more in silence, he stewed angrily. It would not do much good to explode in a fit of temper, no matter how well-justified he so felt it was. There was a time and place for everything, here was certainly not one of them. The merchant was shockingly impudent, this being further evidenced by her audacious gesture of blowing carcinogenic smoke in his direction from that sinful stick within her hands and with much embarrassment, it took all of his willpower to force his body not to erupt in a noisy coughing fit. Most lords would have already ordered for the insolent woman's head to be removed from her shoulders but he was not like most lords. He would remember this, the past was of his dominion and this slight against his character would not be forgotten so easily, that was a promise.

With Advisor Eyrn rightfully attesting to his claim and the quick defense of his honor by the Count, Marcellus considered himself pleased, and while it might be a dreadfully petty thing, to him, there was nothing more internally satisfying than watching a cheeky little upstart be firmly reprimanded, regardless or not if it had a true effect. Regarding his Lord's decision to cede property within Redcliffe Village to this distasteful Lupa, he could only disagree within the safe confines of his mind. The single solace he found was the fact that it wasn't anywhere near the Thorne Barony for miles, her grabby hands needn't be near it no longer. Hera's entry and stay in the tent had been a fast one, with him only finding time for a simple nod of acknowledgment in response to the aerial before she swept away in a midst of orders, the busy never rested after all.

His interest was gained, however, when the topic of conversation turned toward his brother, eyes churning with mixed emotions as Master Loxinofican ambled on. The thought of both of his siblings being deceased.. it was one he had contemplated before. How could he not when everywhere he looked there was suffering and destruction at every turn? He didn't think he would purge away the images of broken families reclaiming the bodies of their relatives or rather.. what was left of them, from his irises. When Yemaya's rumble was gradually cleared away, would he soon do the same and be called forth to identify Eustacia's and Torrin's corpses? He shuddered abruptly.

Straighter, Marcellus sat up, glancing between both Linneus and Loxinofican unsurely. The Heir to the Thorne Barony, it was a title he would have never considered when thinking of himself. There had already always been an heiress to the barony, Eustacia Thorne, so it would have been a ridiculous notion to even entertain. But now? Everything was uncertain. With such thoughts dancing about he found himself distracted and there were few of Oliver the Healer's words actually of which he was truly aware of.

EMIYAman EMIYAman
LadyOfStars LadyOfStars
conman2163 conman2163
Orikanyo Orikanyo
Code by Serobliss

Peng Deming
Interaction: LadyOfStars LadyOfStars conman2163 conman2163 EMIYAman EMIYAman Orikanyo Orikanyo eloise eloise
3073b1b9c1442dd31af153ce979a833a.jpg

Ever since the arrival of Linneus and his forces, Peng had busied himself with helping reorganize the camp. He had a new mass of soldiers to direct, new supplies to ration out, and new plans to make. While it did raise his hopes that this operation could be salvaged it meant that he was in for a lot more work... and a lot less rest. Not that Peng felt in any mood too take any rest. The sound of the crumbling buildings and screams of the people stuck inside stuck with him. He had thought it wouldn't have bothered him much. Previously he was a soldier. He watched men be shot, blown apart, gutted, and even crushed by tanks. He had faced hell on earth so many times and yet this was different. This sour taste in his mouth was a constant reminder that this time it was his plans that had caused needless death.

When the dinner was organized Peng had originally politely refused. Instead he had kept himself busy with his work. There was however a burning need inside of him. A desire to be involved with the planning and ultimately make things right. So after while he had swallowed his own personal anxieties and doubts to muster up the courage to go. He had arrived at the tent and nodded to the guards, stepping inside at what seemed the opportune moment. He heard the woman mention the countesses fate, heard Retil mention that Torrin was missing. He knew now it was time for his report.

With a slight "Ahem" he made his presence known and bowed. "My lord if I may speak. I believe that the merchant speaks the truth. I also have a suspicion that the previous advisor Thone is in some way in league with his sister's dark path. In the lead up to the explosion I saw him use magic to clear a secret passage underground. He disappeared into it yelling that he was on his way. The falling rubble prevented me from following." he said.

Kristina
sample-d74ed52d2c9aa856bd76c35538d22c2b.jpgAfter her little show Kristina was curious how the Count would react. She'd dealt with true nobility in her life very little, save for that Saudi Oil Baron... But she imagined it wasn't much different that dealing with other folks who had authority and liked to throw it around. For a moment she felt she'd pushed a bit too far, but as the rest of his words came out she couldn't help but congratulate herself at a job well done. 'Seems I read the Count right. In a way we're similar, he's willing to look past his feelings on someone for the sake of results. Maybe this county won't go tits up with him at the helm...' That gesture of hers wasn't just to sate some kind of pettiness or knock noble blondie down a peg or two, but to establish her identity. Kristina wanted to make as much distance between Lupa and her "partner". Make it so no one would even think to relate the two. One to operate the legal open side of her soon to be business, and the other to work on her extra legal activities.

She gave a genuinely respectful bow to Count; grateful he was helping her achieve her goals. Even if he didn't understood the full reason behind it, or the consequences of it. "Of course my lord I would expect nothing less from someone with that much responsibility riding on their shoulders." Kristina sauntered over to the scribe. Offering her hand palm up towards him expectantly. He didn't seem to keen on her either if the look he was shooting her way meant anything. She merely gave him a small smile. Taking the writ into her hand she looked over it quickly making sure of its validity, you can never be too cautious. Satisfied she left the boys to their problems, with her goals accomplished she no longer had any reason to stay. Kristina admitted she hadn't expected how the whole situation had eventually panned out as she first fled the burning Barony but it went about as well as she could have asked for. Passing Marcellus she patted him gently on the shoulder "I'm rootin for you kid." He looked like he wanted to strangle her. Good, he wasn't getting an apology that wasn't "her" MO. Kristina could feel a rush she had only seen once before from a distance, traveling across the land making deals and enemies with each stop. She wondered how Casper did it for so long, he had seem akin to a king from where she had been standing at his side... She left them be exiting out the tent. 'Rich boy was perfect, couldn't have asked for a better opportunity. If things go to plan I may run into him again. Hm... may have to keep an eye on him guys like that are known for holding grudges.' Walking outside she passed by a young girl dressed rather bizarrely. For this world at least she narrowed her eyes glancing at her as she went past her. The girl was hiding something but Kristinas keen eyes noticed it. She smirked. 'Interesting... Later though for now I gotta catch up to Finn he couldn't have gone too far.'

[Kristina leaves the Thorne Barony following after the Knight Finnegan on his travels]

Last edited:
Count Linneus Light
1670303851765.png1670303877063.png1670303912167.png
Linneus watched Kristina take her leave, glad to finally be rid of the woman and the mystery that surrounded her. She was rude and quite annoying, but she had just handed them something that might make quelling this threat easier and she didn't have to. She could have taken these items and sold them to some nefarious sorcerer who would likely have paid just as well and caused even more trouble. With a heavy sigh he leaned back into his seat and tried to get back to more important matters. He was about to address what had been said by Retili and Oliver, but Peng's arrival drew his attention from them. "The Quartermaster finally grants us his attention. We requested your presence some time ago Master Peng. Master Loxinofican was not charged with leading this mission and yet he has contributed more to the conversation." While Linneus was furious, pissed even with Michael, he was almost just as angry with Peng. The man had been trusted to lead the operation and yet he had not bothered to show up to the meeting until now to share what he had learned. "If Eustacia has become this...monster then why would Torrin seek her out? He would be endangering his own life." It did not make much sense to Linneus, but he did know that Torrin cared deeply for his family so it was really not too far fetched of an idea.

"Lord Fachnan." He turned to look at Marcellus with a somewhat somber expression. "You are effectively the next person in line with a claim to these lands. The Thorne Barony falls to you by all rights." The Count inhaled deeply as he tried to steady himself and find the strength he needed to continue. "I know that you may have lost both of your siblings in this catastrophe...but I hope that you will pledge fealty to me as your sister did and work along side me to put an end to this threat." It was a lot to ask someone to put their faith and trust in you when so far you had not shown them that you were worthy of it.

"Master Delselmon is suggesting that we move into the city, excavate those we can and then cast this resurrection spell?" Linneus looked to Oliver and then back to Marcellus. "You will have mine and Master loxinofican's men, and I will of course cover Master Delselmon's fees, if you swear loyalty to me." Eyrn looked to Marcellus with a look of confidence upon his face. He knew that if Marcellus was anything like Torrin and Eustacia, he wouldn't be afraid to take on this new responsibility. "You will have my support, Lord Fachnan. If you'll have me." The advisor promised.

Hera was startled by the sudden appearance of the young man by her side, but she was happy to not be taking their task on alone. "Hera. I should warn you...the city is...hellish." She expressed with a look of concern while never slowing down. The farmland which formed the outermost ring of the western side of the city was not farm and so it didn't take them long to officially enter the city. "While the catalyst for all this chaos is unclear, we do know an explosion destroyed most of the city and that enemy forces followed shortly after to finish off the rest of the inhabitants." The scout vaulted over a raggedy fence and her boots crashed down in a puddle of mud and debris. "The city is still crawling with enemies; Fell Soldiers, Shadow Mastiffs, and even beholders, so be on guard." She expressed as he wings closed up around her.

conman2163 conman2163 Dante Verren Dante Verren eloise eloise Orikanyo Orikanyo Clyvelle Clyvelle Novama Novama

Jareth Fletcher

As the pair passed beyond the light of the camp, navigation became tricky. The glow from the smoldering city ahead created silhouettes of moderately sized objects up ahead, but as far as the ground they walked on, it was difficult to tell a post from a hole in the ground. Hera didn't slow, so Jareth assumed she could see well enough. As for him, however, he'd need assistance navigating the perilous field, and so he activated his [Tremorsense - 100ft radius].

Jareth had no trouble keeping pace with Hera on flat ground. When it came to obstacles, however, he decidedly pathed around them rather than over them if possible. His attempt at mounting the first fence ended with him stumbling away into a jog after the aerial who hadn't missed a beat.

"I'll be honest, I have no idea what some of those words you said are." Jareth said unashamed of his ignorance. "This is still only the second time I've left Ryken, so I'm fairly new to everything outside those walls. I've been away so long...."

Stats
  • Strength - F
  • Precision - B
  • Intelligence - C
  • Vitality - C
  • Speed - D

Senses
Passive Skills
Items
  • Catalyst D (21)
Fleet

Strength - F
Precision - F
Intelligence - E (7)
Vitality - B (28)
Speed - F

Sense

Defensive
Miscellaneous
Secondary

Monika Rommel
Mentions: Novama Novama saxon saxon LadyOfStars LadyOfStars
X719puJ.jpegBoots stomped along the ground. Each step a layered order, sounding more like the striking of distant thunder than the stride of men. "Auf der Heide blüht ein kleines Blümelein..." Hidden with the cacophony of a measured march was a soft singing. Standartenführer Monika Rommel sang a tune dear to many a german soldiers heart. Alongside her were her squad of men; counting her they numbered a meager yet resolute six. "Und das heißt: Erika..." The young Colonel walked calmly yet purposefully with her arms behind her back as she did so. The soldiers who surrounded her protectively marched in tandem with her, perfectly matching the pace of her steps. They were never too far and never too close. Monika had not ordered this, she gave no suggestion that it was necessary. Yet these were men of discipline she need not have said anything. "Heiß von hunderttausend kleinen Bienelein..." After reuniting with her men in Red Howl village she had gotten to know them along with the locals. This world was new and incredibly foreign, what they needed more than anything right now was intel. The truth of the matter is, they were blind and stumbling around. Even now there was no true direction they were headed. After leaving the forest they found themselves in a much more open area. A brief deliberation later and Monika had decided the only thing they could do was to walk; explore what they can while they waited for reinforcements from the Reich. "Wird umschwärmt Erika." She stopped, nary a second later so too did those at her side.

Monika held out her hand expectantly within seconds a pair of binoculars was deposited in them. Looking through them she stared into the distance. Ahead of them was the largest settlement they had seen yet, and it was on fire. The medieval city definitely looked like it had seen better days. Not far from it was a camp, she could see tents as well as people milling about. Some were obviously soldiers or guards while others seemed to be civilians. It was painting a picture of what had happened here. Monika looked to her men each one primed and ready for orders. "Prepare for contact with natives, do not fire your weapons under any circumstances unless ordered. Ja?" Her Fox Squad answered with a chorus of "Jawohl!" She smiled, it went just a bit too wide and her eyes narrowed almost dangerously.

Entering the camp Monika walked as if she owned the very ground she stepped upon. Her head on a swivel as she surveyed the people around her. Fox Squad were in formation surrounding her, each held their guns non threateningly while still making their presence known. Without a doubt she was drawing attention. Her black leather uniform, and red armband were striking enough. But the contingent of soldiers around her as well as the things they wielded would no doubt confuse and possible even alarm some. Unbeknownst to Monika the ghastly figure of her completely covered soldiers was practically reminiscent of the Soldiers of the Fell Blight. Looking around she eventually came upon a young lone girl, dressed just as strangely as her if not more. The soldiers seemed wary and the civilians kept to themselves. She would have to do. Monika approached behind Azusa till she was just behind her a solider standing at her side. "Greetings Fraulein you wouldn't happen to know where I can find the person in charge of all... this." She gestured with a gloved hand to the camp.

Marcellus Fachnan

It was simply one thing after another, it seemed. Lupa, that brazen merchant actually dared to pat him on the shoulder and address him in an overly familiar fashion before taking her leave, then Quartermaster Peng finally arrives, with a statement upon his lips about Torrin being in league with Eustacia on some dark path. Truly, this whole ordeal was starting to become vexing. Why did these people insist on slandering his siblings without corroboration aside from his sister's catalyst in the form of a ring and some grimoire? It was utterly beyond him. Regardless, what did pique his curiosity was Peng's account of his brother disappearing beneath an underground passageway. It didn't sound like the man had been injured in any way, so did that mean- A sharp pain from his palm, resulting from his nails digging into fragile skin, prevented him from encouraging that line of thought further.

Hope could be a cruel thing and Marcellus would not entertain it so foolishly. A call of his name saw to him looking up, gaze colliding with his Lord's own. "I.." His voice was small, his courage even smaller and suddenly he felt like a mouse, in terms of everything. It felt wrong. Nothing should be falling to him by right. He shouldn't be next in line to claim the Thorne lands because both of his elder siblings who held a much stronger claim to the Thorne Barony had likely perished in the disasters plaguing Yemaya. Resisting the desire to release a long-suffering sigh, he pushed himself to his feet, chair scraping back loudly in response to his reluctant ascent, dinner was all but forgotten as he strode over to the Count.

It was only when he was an inch before Linneus that he lowered to his knee, cloak that bore the arms of House Thorne swishing freely as he lowered into a genuflect. "Hear this, my Lord Linneus. That I, Marcellus Fachnan shall be to you both faithful and true, and shall sow fealty unto you, for the land that I will hold by virtue of yours, justly I shall govern under the customs and rules of this fair country." After a beat, he stood up, bowing neatly before stalking back to his seat. The decision to swear fealty had been no small nor difficult one, with his consideration taking merely a few seconds. Eustacia never spoke a word of negativity against the lord, even when it was just themselves in private, not that she was the type to do so anyways but he digressed. His own opinion of the Count was rather neutral and from this point on their interactions would only increase in the future, thus it was subject to change. Who knew what would happen?

Marcellus wasn't truly sure if he felt comfortable of resurrecting those fallen from the dead. Pious, he may not be, however, there was something unmistakenly immoral sounding about ripping souls back into the world. Regardless, his comfort did not matter in the slightest. Many outside of this tent grieved for their lost loved ones and it would be an utterly selfish action to deprive them of this chance to see their families again. "Then, Master Delselmon, Lord Linneus, you both have my utmost support." He stated with a balanced nod of the head, wary yet ready for whatever plans would arise. Advisor Eyrn spoke up next and he allowed a small smile to grace his face. "Your continued dedication to this Barony is ever appreciated, Eyrn, it would be an honor to have you." He was going to need all the support he could get. Taking up actual lordship was completely different from simply being referred to as a lord. Additionally, this lordship had a title that came with responsibilities and obligations that needed to be attended to. The reality of it all would soon set in, but for now, things were simple as they could be.

LadyOfStars LadyOfStars
Dante Verren Dante Verren
EMIYAman EMIYAman
Orikanyo Orikanyo
Code by Serobliss

Retili Loxinofican
Mentioned: LadyOfStars LadyOfStars Linneus Clyvelle Clyvelle Jareth Orikanyo Orikanyo Oliver EMIYAman EMIYAman Kristina eloise eloise Marcellus

Retili watched the truly vexing show that was his lord's tent turning round and round. He was beginning to wonder just who was letting these folks in. He had not known of Jareth or Oliver before this very night and though he was certainly glad that Oliver was here to assist his lord, he was not sure why the man had been admitted to dine with him. He would have to speak with those in charge of the Lord's tent to make sure that no such omissions were made in the future. His furrowed brow showed determination for some courtly protocol to exist. He found his mouth agape however when Peng made his appearance, despite his initial refusal of invitation to begin with, and deigned to not only immediately make a comment against the advisor, but also to fail to give a complete report of the events of the city. This was important information. Also, there was one simple fact that none were focusing on at the moment that Peng had mentioned. He focused on the man solely whilst the rest of the events flitted through the tent. From Kristina leaving, Jareth following Hera out of the tent, and even Marcellus having made his oaths to support Linneus and serve as his vassal. Retili tapped his finger on the table before him, slightly annoyed. When the time came and there was quiet once again, Retili spoke. "Quartermaster Peng, as I was left to deal with the camp, and given that your report suggests an opportunity to return that might have spared a few of my charges injury and one death, I feel compelled to enquire about just how you observed Lord Thorne entering into this tunnel. As it stands I am confused. Were you following the advisor? And if so why were you following him? As I understood it you were planning on leading the expedition into the city yourself. Did you perchance place someone else in command?" His annoyance seeped into his tone slightly. He might have been punching above his weight socially in this regard, but he felt that the situation warranted the question.

Mentions: Clyvelle Clyvelle Orikanyo Orikanyo LadyOfStars LadyOfStars conman2163 conman2163 eloise eloise EMIYAman EMIYAman saxon saxon
OOC: Assume this is the last round of meeting in the tent before next scene so plot and discuss as much as you want/can. The nazi's do not have binoculars to pass around.
Time: 6:30pm
Cooldown:
TLDR: Michael is eventually found by Hera and Jareth. More people are allowed into the camp. The dinner transitions to more of a strategic meeting aside from other matters. Monika and her men would be announced to Linneus and the main tent.
Post Listening:

Yemaya, Thorne Barony

Hera and Jareth would eventually stumble/fly their way into the city and presumably be hit by the Fell Curse that nerfs magic abilities by a Grade. The nerfing does not reduce a magical ability lower than the F grade. Despite the setback and the poor conditions, the flames of the city would keep them from freezing and the surge of enemy movements would guide their search. Many enemies could be sensed through Jareth's tremorsense as well as occasionally seen by Hera's vision. The enemy appeared to be converging on a building in ruins, but with enough walls to support a portion of the roof. The smithy's forge cast a glow of its own that made the building stand out and cause the Fell to cast shadows that danced on the surrounding street. Dark smoke billowed from the damaged stack above to join the rest of the columns spiraling into the sky. Through the crowd of a dozen enemies or so, Michael could be seen struggling inside while working on something.

Most of the enemies were knights stationed around the building trying to get in when they could. Most of their hounds had gotten inside first and were snapping or biting at Michael. A couple of Beholders were floating about casting fell beams haphazardly. Michael was meticulously scribing ancient text into the metal of the item he clung to and shielded with his body. As a result, the dogs continued to bite and gnaw at Michael. Unfortunately for them, their teeth did not pierce his skin as much as just tear his clothes. The beholder eyebeams packed much more of a wallop, but it wasn't anything he hadn't experienced before and they couldn't use it on him consistently. All the while, Michael worked slow and meticulously while keeping his hand steady. His eyes did not blink. The mounting small nicks and cuts from the dogs slowly faded away in blue mist that leaked from his skin as the minor stuff healed.

Six full plated knights with swords were still jostling for the means to get in and strike at Michael as well. It would be very difficult to withstand anymore without the ability to defend himself. Their attention was occupied and Jareth and Hera were yet undiscovered in the gloom of the ruined city.

Refugee Camp

With the meal mostly done, servants cleared the dishes and transitioned the large table back to the meeting and planning table it was. Bringing forth the old and used maps of Yemaya, all in attendance would have a better visual of what needed discussed. There were still figures on the map as well as markings to show some of the planning already done and progress made in the rescue effort. Time was still of the essence with possibly more survivors to rescue, maybe the dead to dig up, and what was left of the enemy to route.

At the camp's west entrance, the soldiers on watch would greet Azusa and Monika and explain the camp was the refugee camp for the survivors and rescue effort of the city beyond. Although oddly dressed, Azusa would look more like a refugee than anything else: young girl, alone, underdressed for the weather, and not obviously armed. She would be waived in and encouraged to go to the tents sheltering the other refugees. The guards would make sure there were no monsters among Monika's minions and flag her in as well. They would explain the large tent was where the Lord's were meeting to discuss their plans for the city. Assuming Monika and her men were going to join the rescue effort or otherwise needed an audience with the Lords, they would call ahead to have Monika and her men's presence announced and their intentions to meet with the Lord made known. Both Azusa and Monika would get odd looks from those in the camp over their odd appearances, but they were not the first quirky people the survivors or soldiers had met in the past 24 hours.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back