• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Graded [Frontier] Northern Forests adventure

Skyhunter

Bringer of Change
Roleplay Availability
Within the confines of the Ryken Forests, towards the North.
enrico-ottini-senza-titolo-3.jpg

Footsteps slammed across the forest ground, a small frame skid across bushes and brush, trying to escape the incoming horde of villagers, the previous villagers she once knew and grew up with from long ago. Those days have passed and were long gone from this day. Huffing, a inconspicuous figure wearing a large black and marron hat mixed with the same colored coat was making their way through the under canopy. Moving along trees, trying to get away from the pursuing mob. The woman running huffed deeply. " Damn... Damn. Damn. Damn. " She muttered under her breath. " They are persistent that's for sure. " She could see the light of torches just barely behind her, they were close, they probably could barely see her.

The woman ran over a small hill full of brush, she hopped off a small ledge and found herself beside a small creek. The wannabe witch looked around quickly. Just earlier she had killed the one she would have called mother, using a kitchen knife as her master was casting a spell to rid of the people. Renee stabbed her from behind, in her side repeatedly to save her village. While she hated people, her village did treat her right and her parents were good parents. Better than hers from her previous life, one she could barely remember.

Renee began running up the creek, she didn't know any spells yet but she has been training for a long time to be able to cast spells, she had a catalyst as her master talked to her about that she would need. She had basic knowledge of the dark arts thanks to the witch that took her in. She had even discovered she had siphoning magic when she killed her master, she had absorbed her appraisal skill in the process. She would increase that skill when she could.

She was beginning to lose the villagers now, but she could still hear them, yelling, hooting hollering. She swore she heard her old name. Juniper. Was her parents in the mob? Would she be able to go back and they'd accept her? No. She couldn't do that, she's already on this path to immortality. No use heading back now.

Last edited:
Gawain
100ed4571c1815d72093f5ba9c9954e3.jpg

"How long have I been walking? What time is it? What day is it? Where am I?" Gawain sighed heavily, not that any air actually came out of his mouth. He had been walking for so long, both day and night since awakening in that field of corpses. He hadn't seen a single living person, just animals and maybe the occasional shadow of movement. It had been so long since he had talked to another being that he started talking to himself out loud to just hear another voice. He had even been forced to learn to make shadow puppets just so he could have some company. Tilting his head upwards he looked up at the tree tops above him, took in what would have been a deep breath and let out a yell as loud as he could "HOW THE FUCK AM I SUPPOSED TO BE A GOOD GUY AND HELP PEOPLE IF I CAN'T EVEN FUCKING FIND ANYONE!!!!!"

Pushing his weight backwards the skeleton fell onto his back with the rattling of his bones against the hard ground, at least he didn't have to worry about sleeping comfortably since he didn't need to sleep. Gawain raised a boney hand and waved in front of his face, he couldn't even close his eyes. At least if he had been reborn as a zombie he would have had eyelids to close so he could pretend to sleep. Instead all he could do was stare off into space and zone out for long periods of time. He would have thought that by now he would have ran into some kind of intelligent creature, or at least something that needed his help. Lowering his hand back down in the dirt he was content to just lay there for a bit.

Gawain's time on the ground would be short lived, he was shaken from his trance rather quickly by a commotion of in the distance. Lifting his head he stared in the direction that it was coming from, it was heading his way. Listening for a moment he realized he could barely make out what sounded like some form of hollering and yelling.... PEOPLE! Gawain jolted to his feet, adjusting his clothes so no part of his boney body was showing. He quickly pulled up the hood of the cloak and wrapped the tattered bits around the lower part of his face like a makeshift scarf. Placing his left hand on the sheathe of his sword he set off running in the direction of the yelling. If there really were people on the other side of that ruckus then that meant they probably needed help. Finally this was his chance, his first act of good in this new world.

North of the Ryken Forests...
b7a7d3b37b2ab34acac0e39e093a6f0f.jpg

The witch ran through the waters of the creek and jumped onto a small ledge where a tree was, climbing her way up to get away from the people who raised her for a bit. Renee huffed and panted, running was SO exhausting. She could still see the light of the torches and yelling. " Witch! Where's the witch! " " Find her! She can't be far! " " We will burn her! " The usual thing whenever a witch is found out, but she was sure they would do worst to her if she was caught, villagers always did when there was lack of women.

Renee began jogging from the creek, as she was getting farther away, she could hear them by the creek. They probably found her footprints and were following them, looking back she could see lights coming from where the water was, and hearing splashing. They were hot on her trail, her journey couldn't end here. She knew what she finally wanted in life. As she ran from the creek and into a clearing. The night sky was shining with a crescent moon in the sky. Barely lighting the area up, she could see some sort of figure making its way towards her. " Oh no... " Renee whispered.

a126ebc3a31bfa7a4222d277f54a8a59.jpg

Whatever was making their way towards her, Renee gulped, she didnt have any weapons nor know any spells, she was defenseless and didn't have strength to fight. What a way to start her journey... Seeing the figure running her way, with their hand on their sheath to what looked like some sort of saber. " Uh... Hi! Um... Leave me alone! Or I'll cast a spell and burn you alive! " Renee called, hoping her clothes and hat would show she was a spellcaster. Having her hands up like she could cast a spell any second. " Who are you! " It was a bluff, she knew no spells and couldn't fight. " I think she went this way! " A faint voice in the distance could be heard. Crap! They were closing in!

Gawain
Interaction: Renee ( Skyhunter Skyhunter )

Gawain rushed through the woods towards the source of the noise with a determination he had not felt in a full life time. For the first time since arriving in this new world he had a clear goal in front of him. He needed to discover the source of whatever was causing this commotion and resolve it as quickly as possible. This was going to be the first step, his first good deed to start off his new life. He had to make sure he got this right... if he didn't then it would mean to much of the old him made it to this new world. He would have to stare at his reflection to remind himself of his new conviction. Of course it would not come to that, no matter what he had this in the bag. If only he was able to smile, if he could it would have been from cheek to cheek.

As the sound of voices started to be come louder and more distinct he began to pick up his pace. The closer he got the more excited he was becoming. Whatever was happening was certainly causing a big ruckus. The tree line thinned and opened up into a clearing that was barely lit up by the fraction of the moon in the sky. The darkness was no problem for his undead sight. Past the clearing down the tree line looked to be a faint glow of light, still a bit of a distance away they at least shown bright enough to cut through the general darkness. From that same tree line a figure appeared. It was that of a woman, a few inches shorter then Gawain but with a much larger hat.

Placing his right hand on the handle of his sword he advanced out into the clearing heading towards the woman. As she raised her hands up and spoke Gawain froze in his place. He did not freeze because he was worried, instead he had to stop a moment for the opposite moment. She sounded so unsure about her own threat that he was caught off guard. He glanced past her as voices echoed from behind her. "Gawain, wandering knight" he responded to her question. "Speak quickly, what kind of madness is happening here?" he asked her, giving his most confident voice he could muster up while trying to to sound to hostile.

" Wandering Knight? All this way north? Away from the kingdoms? " Renee questioned harshly putting her hands down. Showing she didnt really take him seriously or really believe this figure, hell, she could barely see his face since it was barely lit up thanks to the moon. He was far away enough that she didn't really deem him a threat at the moment. But the witch knew she was running low on time. " Fine. Fine. " Renee sighed. " Alright. A village is chasing me right now. " There was almost no point in lying, besides, she didnt have time to think of a good lie. " My master was killed and now I am alone. Trying to get away from the aggressive males that hunt me down currently. And you know how men get, you like them? "

Renee crossed her arms with a sigh. " If you really are a wandering knight like you claim... Can you help me get away? I'd rather not have the villagers killed... I was once a part of them and they treated me right. " Renee had no choice really but to trust and hope this Gawain was telling the truth. His voice sounded strange, dry... But that wasn't important right now, they had to get away. Then the lights began to get closer from behind, Renee turned around and exhaled. Turning to the so-called Knight, she began running his way. " I'm trusting you, you better not be lying! " Renee called as she sprinted as fast as she could towards Gawain.

ac11d6971ab8af10922ae39558390934.jpg
Then the unruly mob was revealed, they were a large number of villagers coming from the forest line. Torches, wood axes, pitchforks and other tools in hand. They looked angry and scared, " There! There she is! And there's another one over! They must be with her! Kill them both! Burn the witch! "

Gawain
Interaction: Rene ( Skyhunter Skyhunter )

Gawain was fully aware he did not know all of the circumstances or factors involved in this situation. He was also fully aware that he did not need to know them. Instead he had a girl running at him as fast as she could fleeing from a mob of angry villagers. Despite being a magic user like she had threatened, she did not stand her ground and try to scare away the villagers. She insisted that she did not want to kill them even though she stated rather bluntly that she knew what would happen to her when the mob eventually caught up to her. In a situation like this, the noble Gawain had no choice but to do what was right and help her escape. Staying behind and keeping them busy was not an option. He might have been able to take a few of them, but not enough to matter before they struck him down as well.

Quickly weighing his options he turned to the side and let the girl run past him before he as well started running. Following behind her he noticed that she was faster then he was and made sure to line up his steps in a single file so that his foot prints. That was probably for the best, but how long could she keep it up? Calling out to her he tried to speak loud enough for her to hear but softly enough so the mob behind them could not. "There is a large tree a little ways up ahead, it should be big enough for you to hide in. Keep running to it as fast as you can without stopping. If you cannot run anymore I will carry you the rest of the way." Glancing behind himself he cursed . "Once we get there give me your hat! I will use it and draw them away while you hide."

That was one of the nice things about being undead, he did not need to eat or sleep. The humans chasing them would grow tired and have to retreat to their village giving up their hunt. If he could lure them away and keep them locked on himself then he could out last them. If that did not work then he would reveal his skeleton nature and force their attention on him. After all an undead threatening them was probably more of a threat then a scared girl running for her life. At least that was the hope. Silently he gave a quick prayer that she wouldn't pay attention to the gentle rattling of his bones against his attire as he ran behind her .

Even with the bag on the witch, she was still fast, her bag filled with everything she was able to grab, she had wished she grabbed more of her stuff. Sprinting pass the stranger she just met, trusting this fellow was a better idea than dealing with her former villagers. The wannabe witch heard the stranger, Gawain, comment on there being a large tree that she could hide in. She wasn't too sure about that idea but it was better than nothing, she had no other choice besides constantly running which would get her nowhere, she's been running for miles and she felt weak and exhausted.

So Renee wasn't in the position to deny or question Gawain. " Fine. " She called but then the next thing that came from Gawain was met with a lot of resistance. " What!? No way! You're not getting my hat! " Renee was very against the idea, there was NO way she would trust this stranger with her hat! But again... She was in no position to argue. She was getting more exhausted, ahead of the two, Renee could see the tree Gawain was talking about.

2522a550dd50612ef8cb9d1b66a4ae9e.jpg

Upon reaching the tree, Renee stumbled into the tree, catching herself, she was very tired... All this running was wearing on her. " Okay... Fine... I'll give you my hat... " Renee agreed. She stood straight up and turned to the stranger, unable to see his features since the moonlight was facing her, her large hat hiding her face. The witch gently took her hat off revealing her beauitful face. Her eyes strangely a haunting red. " Here. Take it. " She handed it to Gawain. " You'd better give it back or I'll hunt you down! " Her threat sounded empty, maybe it was due to her being exhausted or her not being able to back up her words and she knew it. " Please just return it when you're finished... And... Thank you. " Renee gave a small warm smile. " My name is Renee Nyx, Gawain, by the way. Good luck getting away from a angry mob. " She then took off her bag and stuffed it into a hole in the tree before she climbed on in herself, hiding within the darkness of the tree.
179-1798025_dark-witch-fantasy-crow-raven-wallpaper-fantasy-dark.jpg

Before Gawain would know it, light from torches could be seen from behind, they were closing in and were still relentless. Still yelling, still shouting. " Where's that bitch at! " One yelled. " I don't know! We will find her! " Another responded. " Hey! Up there! There's the witch! " a third yelled seeing Gawain with Renee's hat. They began running up the hill they were on towards Gawain, thinking he was Renee due to him having her hat.

ac11d6971ab8af10922ae39558390934.jpg

Gawain
interaction: Renee ( Skyhunter Skyhunter )

Gawain felt a rush of relief as they managed to make it to the tree before the mob caught up, that was good. He waited a moment for her to start climbing and held out the hand for her hat. She was surprisingly hesitant to hand over her hat, there must be some form of attachment to it. Currently the most important part was that she did take the hat off, showing off a decently attractive face. The strange red eyes caught his attention more so then anything, but he was a skeleton so calling anything a human had weird was the pot calling the kettle black. She handed him her hat and he took it with a nod. Raising the hat he placed it on his head keeping the hood of the cloak up. If he was lucky then his pursuers would mistake the clock and it's tattered strands that hand freely behind him instead of acting as a scarf as her hair. "Well then Mrs Nyx, I will return your hat back to you in one piece or die trying." he said as she started climbing.

The shouting became louder and Gawain glanced behind to see the lights reaching the bottom of the hill. With out another word Gawain went pounding down the opposite side of the hill and veered left as soon as he reached the base. He made sure not to move quickly though, he waited to start really running he was sure that the villagers had seen at least a glimpse of him taking off into the woods. After running for a few moments he would suddenly stop and pretend to catch his breath. He had to make the chase believable. If he didn't then they were likely to catch on to his ruse. Hopefully with this extended game of cat and mouse he would keep their attention until they eventually tired.

On one of his quick stops he threw himself forwards, pretending that he slipped and fell. He was only on the ground for a quick second before pushing himself back up. The direction he was heading was cutting a path back to the creek. It was a B line but he rationalized that going through the water was what someone who didn't want to be followed would do. Whether that was right or wrong he had no real clue, but he sure as hell hoped he was right. He just needed to keep their attention, and if he lost it then he would resort to plan b.

" You better! " Gawain would hear before the shouting of the villagers would be heard, quickly the large group of men ran up the hill after Gawain who they thought was the witch. The mob following after the Skeleton rather sluggishly as they tried to follow after him, getting to the tree they didn't stop and kept following after the skeleton they thought was the witch. Renee watched each villager pass by her and thought she had saw her father in the mix.

She looked down sadly that her father would be involved. It didn't surprise her but still hurt her, she probably did hear her name back at the creek. This could he her final chance to jump and show herself, maybe she'd be able to go back home and live a normal life... No. She couldn't, thats not what would happen. She was living her her fantasies again. The light of the torches would light her hiding spot up but no one was looking in her direction so she was still hidden. She was holding her breath to make sure she wasn't heard. Eventually they left her to follow Gawain, yelling still that they'd burn and kill her, the usual threats a angry mob would throw out.

The mob followed after Gawain and when Renee was finally alone and she didn't hear any more of their yells and threats, she hopped out of the tree to brush her coat off, getting any debris off her. She huffed and pulled her bag out of the tree and threw it on. She then would wait patiently by the tree, sitting down against the tree to rest.

The angry mob was falling being Gawain, they were getting tired and exhausted now, not even reaching the creek. They've been running for miles as well and finally stopped. " Fuck you witch! Don't ever come back! " One yelled that Gawain would barely hear. " Or do! So we can kill you! " Another shouted then the rest began to cheer and eventually they began their long walk back home, acting like they have won.

Gawain
Interaction: Renee ( Skyhunter Skyhunter )

Gawain kept moving as the sounds of the mob echoed from behind him. He wasn't willingly to stop until he was sure that they had given up on following him, and so that is what he did. It wasn't until he noticed how quiet the air had become that he stopped moving. He slumped down next to one of the nearby tree's and took a moment for himself. It was nice to sit down for a little while even if he could survive without it. Pulling off the hat he gave it a one over he set it down in his lab. After going through all of that he wondered what she had done to upset the villagers so much, surely that much trouble couldn't have been caused by just being a witch... could it?

Unwrapping the cloak from around the lower section of the skull he let the air flow freely around the bone. The feeling of the air being pushed gently by the breeze past his head then down and around his body was a strange sensation at first. It felt much more different then what he remembered the feeling of breathing was like. Instead it felt much less constrictive, yet less satisfying at the same time. While he sat there pretending to breathe, he returned to his previous train of thought. Was this a similar case that happened all over this world? Were people chased out or killed for such a meaningless title such as Witch. He scoffed at himself, of course they were. People were killed for that reason in a world without magic. Hell he himself ordered the executions of people for reason on the same level of stupidity. That was why he was in this mess. Shaking his head he re clocked himself and walked back to the tree holding the hat this time instead of wearing it.

Upon returning to the hill Gawain held up the hat signaling that it was him who was approaching. "Miss Nyx, I believe you are safe now. Just like I promised I have returned with your hat!" While he didn't see her right away, he had to hope she was still. He would breathe a mental sigh of relief as he came to the top and saw Renee sitting at the base of the tree. Holding out her hat to her, he waited for her to take it back.

Renee sat at the base of the tree, holding her bag full of stuff, her eyes were heavy. She had been running nearly half the night, killed the person she considered her mother and her previous family was and would likely in the future try to kill her. Not that Renee really cared, she was far pass caring. She disliked people for the most part. The only reason she saved them was because they treated her well growing up. In her previous life she hated how she was treated by people, everyone looked down at her. But the villagers were kind to her for the most part growing up. Her master would have killed them all if Renee did not stop her. That would be the only time she would spare the village. If Renee grew more powerful, she would cut them down where they stand.

Then as Renee was about to fall asleep from exhaustion, her eyes fluttered open to see the man that saved her appear again. Walking up the hill. With her hat! Her eyes popped open and she stood up, sore and wobbly. " You actually came back! " Renee looked very surprised. Her hands took hold of her hat and she placed it upon her head with a happy smile, " Say. Gawain. You saw what my face looks like... " She looked to his covered up face with the scarf. " Why don't you show me yours? Why are you hiding? You ugly or something? " She was pretty straight forward.

" Ah wait. " Renee sighed. " Manners. Thank you, Knight Gawain, for helping me in my time of need. " The witch acting formal along with her voice sounding fancy, it was unclear if she was being sincere or mocking the skeletal Knight. But for the most part, she was appreciative of Gawain's assistance. " Without you arriving in time, I would have sure been used like a breeding horse, beaten then set ablaze. So thank you kindly, dear Knight. " Renee then bowed lowly before she stood straight up and stared at the knight. " But seriously. Why are you hiding your face? You are ugly, aren't you? Did a bear maul you? " she asked once again.

Mentions: Dante Verren Dante Verren

Gawain
interactions: Renee ( Skyhunter Skyhunter )

"Of course I came back, I would be a fool to steal and run off with such a powerful mage's hat" Gawain gave a dry chuckle at his own comment. He remained silent as Renee switched from a bit of rude questioning to gratitude and back to the rude questioning. He had risked his life running from a mob to help her out and now he was getting called ugly! He felt a rush of anger as he was about to let out a verbal wall of retorts but he stopped himself, focusing his will power to keep his metaphorical tongue in check. He was not Luca, not anymore. He was now Gawain and he would not give in to his own anger.

Deciding to play along he nodded, "Yes hideously so. So ugly is my face that I could scare not only children, but adults as well." Moving past her he leaned took a seat at the base of it looking out in the direction of where the villagers had come from. "Feel free to take a rest, you must be exhausted after tonight's events. I will keep watch." Pulling the sword free of it's scabbard he set the old blade against the tree next to him with in arms reach in case he needed it, even though he hoped that he wouldn't. "What will you do now that you managed to escape?" He asked her. It was partially out of responsibility that he asked. After all he had to make sure she wouldn't try anything stupid like return to grab more items or something like that. The other par was he was curious what someone of this world would do in this situation.

While he wasn't exactly happy with being a skeleton, he acknowledge that it had it's advantages. Not having to hunt or rest for survival was a pretty good gig. All he needed was to keep moving and he would be fine. Renee on the other hand needed to find food, shelter, warmth, etc. He wasn't sure if she had any survival experience either, while it wasn't common for people in his old world to have them maybe she would be lucky and have been taught the skills needed to survive out here on her own.

Atiifa

Atiifa.jpg

Atiifa had been wandering, alone, through the forests far beyond the cave he had awoken in. He was clothed thankfully, albeit scarcely. The clothes that he had on were nothing but robes and a skirt made of dyed straws. The clothes weren't even made by him. He found them beside some kind of camp. It could have been the garb of some kind of tribe chieftain, but he would worry about the consequences later. The dark was suffocating within these woods and he could swear that he saw wisps of light traveling between gaps in the trees. He was not sure what kind of peoples were wandering about at this time of night, but as he closed the distance, he could hear angered grumblings and talks.

These people were ready to bring death from the looks of it. The glint in their eyes and the tools in hands at the ready for a slaughter. Atiifa kept himself low, hands keeping himself steady as he crossed uneven ground, observing for the time being. He soon made up his mind. He did not appreciate the look of these folks. He did not think it wise to go to them. A village of humans? Not a chance. Not when he was some kind of horned beast-person. He felt that it would be better to avoid shifting this anger onto himself. Perhaps he could find something of interest in the other direction though. In the direction they -came- from.

Atiifa nods his head, adjusting the mask over his face as he scampered off, back into the darkness and away from the flicker of torchlight. He walked and walked, as silent as he could, until the sound of a conversation caught his ear. He approached slowly, even though he was not the greatest in stealthy situations. It is when he bears witness to the glint of armor in the moonlight and the shadowed tip of a large hat that he lowers himself in the brush a short distance. He listened carefully, trying to get the gist of their predicament.

There was something about being saved and a hat being returned. Then the conversation shifts towards the appearance of the armored man. Supposedly the hatted figure was on the mark with the knights possibly hideous appearance. Atiifa scratches at his chin with a single finger, thinking about that. He doubted that he could ever possibly judge someone based on how they appear, now that he's become whatever he is. Not that he had a habit of judging people. Mostly just people with poor attitudes.

He takes a moment to consider his next action. Ultimately he decides to keep as still as possible until he can either find that these two would be peaceful or they had caught him in the act of his spying. He was glad that he took a moment to think of what he'd do, because his first choice was to just walk out into the open and greet them. That could have ended with weapons pointed at him. Better to be cautious. However, likely due to a bad stroke of luck, as he lowers his hand to steady himself, the snap of a twig sounds from under him. It was not subtle and would likely not pass as the sound of a scampering animal.

Mentions: Dante Verren Dante Verren & Skyhunter Skyhunter

Last edited:
The witch chuckled when he the knight mentioned her being a powerful witch, not sure if she was being mocked or if he legitimately thought she was powerful, she didnt say anything on it. But she could tell she struck a nerve calling Gawain ugly, just by his comment she knew he was probably ugly. Which was fine, Renee wasn't pretty herself in her last life, or at least she never thought she was. She would never miss that life previously, she did nothing with her life, she was treated terribly and because of that she disliked people. But this Gawain, he was nice enough to help her a total stranger. Which was more than she expected from people in this world. From what her Master told her, people in this world were cruel and cold, similar to her own world.

Her eyes looked up at the figure of Gawain as he moved passed her and sat down at the base of the tree as well, being told to take a rest. She did not hesitate to do so, " Believe me... I'm exhausted after tonight. Too much running for my blood. " the witch sighed as she laid her head against the tree, closing her eyes. " What will I do now? " She echoed. Thinking about it for a moment, she shrugged. " I want to achieve immortality. " Her eyes opened up as she looked over at Gawain to see what his answer was.

But before Gawain would be able to answer there was a loud snap of a twig, Renee immediately snapped her head the other way as she was closest. She slowly got up being sore and tired, she took a deep breath and summoned magic into her hands, a dark red orb that twisted and turned with some sort of dark magic in it. She pointed out to where thr noise came from. " Whos there? " she called. " I swear if you're here to hurt me... I'll tell you to leave me alone! " she called, she didnt want to hurt anyone from her village, but she wouldn't think twice on defending herself.

Mentions: Dante Verren Dante Verren Vexumin Vexumin

Gawain
Interactions: Renee ( Skyhunter Skyhunter ) Atiffa ( Vexumin Vexumin )

Immortality huh? That was a lofty goal for someone who was running from an angry mob to have. Back when he was Luca that would have sounded like a pretty good goal. Forever surrounded by beautiful women, piles of money, henchmen doing his every bidding while he lorded himself over others as a king... no a god. Of course immortality guaranteed none of that but it certainty said a lot about his previous mindset to assume that all of that would have been given to him alongside eternal life. Of course maybe he already had achieved eternal life and this is how immortality really was, a state between life and death. He didn't know if he could die again, but it was better to not assume that he was unkillable as a skeleton.

Gawain felt her gaze on him, almost as if she was waiting for him to give some kind of commentary. He was going to respond but a snap of a twig caused his gaze to snap over in the direction of the sound. Renee was already on her feet, quick to react with magic forming in her hands. Gawain pushed himself up and grabbed the sword pointing it at the bush while his gaze searched through the bush. Once more his dark vision would prove rather useful in this situation.

While the bushes still obscured his vision he spotted something that did not look natural, a pair of horns with quiet a bit of hair... or was it fur? There was some kind of creature to small to be a villager, but larger then your basic wild animal. The horn and hair combo was strange as well, and given the fact that the head or face was blocked by the bushes meant he could not be to sure about what awaited them behind that bush. Raising the sword in the direction of the bushes he readied himself in case of an attack. "Identify yourself or flee. We don't care which."

Atiifa

Atiifa.jpg

Atiifa's heart feels like it stops in that moment, but he knows when he's been had. He was no fool. Considering these two had not simply charged towards him or started slinging the spells in the womans hand, he rises from the brush, his four fingered hands raised, one of them placing his staff into the small latch on his back, holding it in place. His mask, forever in the state of a constant glare, shifted between both figures. His steps are casual, despite the fact that he had just been subtly keeping an eye on them. "I'm sorry!" Atiifa says out loud, hands still raised above his head. "I saw the people with the torches walking the other direction. I wasn't about to follow them. Honestly, I am just not sure where I am and I don't know where I'm going."

Atiifa turns his head, looking back towards the woods in the direction of the villagers that had driven Renee away, then he turns to look back at the two. The blade pointed at him and the spell readied for him as well. He brings his hands close to his chest then as he thinks of what to do. He had some magic that he practiced on his trails, but ultimately he would prefer not to fight these folks. He wasn't entirely sure if they would let him live now that they've seen him though. "My name is Atiifa. I am just... a traveler. Yeah, that's all I am. Forgive the horns and the shortness. I really am just trying to find my way about this strange... place. Woods. Yes."

For one reason or another, he wanted to be around someone. Anyone! It has been almost a week of wandering with no real direction and no company. He's had to take from others what would not go missed when they weren't aware. He was hoping he would not be driven off, but he was prepared for the worst... he always was, especially now with all that has happened.

" No way... " Renee stared at this small being that came from the bushes, her face full of shock seeing him begin to explain himself. It was so... So... " Small... " Renee commented as she released her magic and placed her hands on her hips staring at this beast. " Yeah, those villagers was my village. Good people. Very paranoid. Very... Handsy if you want what I mean. " Renee called as she looked to Gawain, placing a hand on his blade and gently lowered it. " I think we're safe. This one looks like he does not bring harm. "

Renee turned her head to stare at the beast, " Well, Atiifa, it's good to meet you. " She smiled warmly at the beast as she began walking towards the stranger. " Hey, hey, hey! Its okay, friend. " the witch stopped a few meters from the beast and knelt down onto one knee. " You are so adorable! " She almost squealed seeing Atiffa up close now, her hands close to her chest to show she wouldn't harm the small beast. " We won't hurt you, unless you give us reason to. " Renee explained. " But I don't think you'll do something like that, now would you? " She was treating him like a pet!

" You look lonely. Are you lonely? " Renee asked him, sticking a hand out to the small beast. " Come on, I won't bite, my name is Renee Nyx, Atiffa. " Her haunting red eyes stared at Attifa, they showed kindness and warmth. " You are looking for a companion you could join us. We don't know where to head to next. " then she turned her head to look at Gawain. " Unless you'll be moving on, Gawain? " Renee questioned.

Mentions: Vexumin Vexumin Dante Verren Dante Verren

Gawain
interactions: Renee ( Skyhunter Skyhunter ) Atiffa ( Vexumin Vexumin )

Gawain felt any hostility he had disappear as the little creature appeared before them. The small thing was practically begging not to be killed or thrown away, so much so that he wouldn't be able to raise his blade against it. through in the fact that Renee was already trying to adopt the creature as some kind of pet and any say that Gawain had was probably not existent at this point. Moving back over to the tree he sat back down raising his gaze to meet her's when he realized she was looking at him. Her question surprised him, he had come to the conclusion that they were likely going there own separate ways once morning came. Partly because he imagined she would want to go to where ever she had planned and because once she found out what he was she would want to stay away.

Thinking about it now maybe he should just reveal himself as the creature he was. That would probably be better then doing it later. No, he would let the current lie run it's course. Shrugging his shoulders he finally responded to her question, "I don't have any particular destination. I just wander around and help out where I can. Although now that you have gotten yourself a new companion, you might not want me to stick around. I am not the best company two traveler's could have."

While he was vague he was trying to be to the point. He did not mind traveling with them, in fact he welcomed the company to the solitude of his own fate. However he wasn't sure that they would be happy when it was revealed he was undead. He couldn't imagine that undead were popular in this world, and if they were popular it was probably with the wrong group of people. Still he could not bring himself to expose himself of his own will just yet. If they said they needed his help or wanted it he would travel with them, but if not then he would go his own way.

Atiifa

Atiifa.jpg

The short being looked between the two of them, listening where he could between the odd attachment that Renee seemed to be growing towards him. What he found the most amusing was when she seemed under the impression that he would not bring harm. Well, it definitely was not his intention. No matter what, he would not try to hurt anyone. However, the spells that he had learned were less than savory in terms of general use. There was nothing general about them. They were made for a single purpose that was all too obvious. He was made to be some kind of ward of some sort. He was made with the intention of growing and spreading chaos and madness to whatever world this is.

The first spell allowed him to sap the very life from whom he wished. A spell that would come to use in time, probably... in combat, that is. The other ability is something else. It was made to not bring any good whatsoever. No Man's Land. It is what he named the spell. It causes a... haze of sorts to grow around him, in a relatively short radius that is. Whatever enters the radius weakens and tries to shy away. He had to use it only once when an animal got a bit uncomfortable with just how close he was wandering towards it's home. The second the creature got close, it withdrew, shaking its head as if it could not bear something it felt upon drawing near.

This "power", or whatever it is, was not made to help bring him together with people. He did wake up in a cave surrounded by cultists. Cultists have never really been a force of good... no matter the world you live in. Nonetheless, he would try not to bring misfortune to his companions. As far as they are concerned, his staff is but a mere walking-stick. No use whatsoever. With that thought seared into his mind, he nods his head. "I swear that I won't hurt anyone. I try not to fight people if I can help it. Of course, there is the occasional hungry predator." He meant those words with all his heart.

As Renee's hand extended towards him, something within him slipped. There was something odd about this new body. Emotions got to him far easier than they did in his world. The thoughts of sadness and loneliness plagued him since he left the cultist cave, so as he looked upon the womans hand, he did not entirely notice as the large, bucket-sized tears ran down his face and dripped from his chin. His hand carefully wraps around the kind womans palm, dwarfed even by her hands size. He then catches himself crying and runs his forearm under the mask to catch the tears.

Once he had fixed himself up, he looks to Gawain. "If we all have nowhere to go... then it would be nice to travel together, if that doesn't prove to be a problem. We all don't have anywhere to go, as it seems." His eyes, glowing softly in the night, linger upon Gawain. "As far as I'm concerned, your company would be appreciated. When you lowered your sword as quick as you did, I could tell you were good."

Interacting with Skyhunter Skyhunter Dante Verren Dante Verren

Renee Nyx

The marooned witch smiled with kindness and warmth when Atiifa swore he wouldn't hurt them and preferred not fighting. " Aww, see i knew it. " Renee felt the gentle hand of this beast take her hand, she wrapped her hand around his as she could see the large tears drippimg from under the mask. " Aww its okay little guy. " Renee gently pulled him closer to her to where she could hug the little beast, showing him affection and safety. " You're fine, Atiifa, no need to cry. " She even rubbed her hand on top of his head and around his large horns. " Its been a long time since you've met kind people, huh? " She pulled away with a smile as she stared at the smaller being. Her red eyes staring at his glowing ones behind the mask.

She turned her head when she heard Gawain speak on he wandered around and would most likely continue now that the two had companionship in each other. Renee only scoffed and rolled her eyes. " Come on, you really are going to keep wandering? There's no where else to go, north is the village that you saved me from and north of that is nothing but the Freezing Tundras, there's nothing up there but death and... Other unnatural things. " Renee commented. " East and West aren't much better either, heading south would be the best bet towards the major cities and the river of Gyra's Tongue, Gawain. " Renee pointed out.

" Come on, you fit right on with us. A witch, a small beast and now a ugly knight. " Renee grinned widely, she was poking fun again at Gawain. " You should stay with us, Gawain. Besides isn't a knight suppose to chivalrous and not let the poor defenseless woman alone in the woods? " She turned her voice into a more innocent and scared voice even acting like she was cowering before she regained her composure and stood up, looking to their new companion Atiifa who stated he wanted Gawain to stay and that he was a good guy. " See? Thats 2 against 1, you have to stay with us, Knight. " Renee had her hands on her hips and her chest puffed out like she had won.

Attachments

• 2522a550dd50612ef8cb9d1b66a4ae9e.jpg
    120.5 KB · Views: 0
Gawain
interactions: Renee ( Skyhunter Skyhunter ) Atiiifa ( Vexumin Vexumin

Gawain watched as the little beastly creature began to cry and Renee started to comfort him. He wasn't sure what exactly Atiifa was but the creature seemed rather lonely. At least the creature now had found company in the form of a witch who seemed like she was ready to take in the creature as some form of pet, or maybe adopted creature. He wasn't entirely sure what kind of feeling those two gave off, but whatever it was Gawain was sure it was going to be one of those to cute to do any wrong situations. As long as it wouldn't cause too many problems it would probably be okay. What bothered him was how the small creature starred at him and commented that he was good, it was a comment that caused him to fidget a little uncomfortably. He wasn't use to legitimate praise yet.

His gaze shifted towards the witch as she spoke giving her justification of why Gawain should travel with them, even using the fact that he was out voted as to why he should travel with them. What was she, some form of child thinking that logic like that was going to work... well no matter how childish it was having an effect. For the first time in probably a long time Gawain felt a ping of guilt. It was a feeling he had never really experienced as Luca. Of course when he had been reborn and had his memories mostly intact he felt that overwhelming force of guilt, but this was different. This was the kind of guilt you get when you know you are doing something wrong to people who don't deserve it, not guilt over mass crimes and murder.

Gawain did his soon to be trademark imitation of a sigh and reached up to his hood, flipping it down he exposed the top part of his skull to the others two. Even though it was dark, most people would still be able to tell that instead of a normal human face or even a ugly human face his head was only that of a skull. In that moment with that guilt he had decided to throw caution into the wind, if they really wanted to travel with him then they deserved to know. "If you wish to travel with me then far be it from me to leave the poor helpless woman stranded in the woods."

Atiifa

Atiifa.jpg

As Gawain revealed the barren bone of his visage, it was Atiifa that took a step back in shock first. What he felt in that moment was far from fear, but there was a quote that lingered in his mind a bit. Something someone had said about people and their thoughts on death. 'People don't like to be reminded of what lingers beneath the flesh, or what they will become in time'. Atiifa could attest to that in this moment. However, Attifa did not see Gawain as some kind of monster or anything of the sort. He wasn't sure how undeath worked in this world yet. All he had for reference was fantasy novels and the occasional online book that he'd read. Whatever the case may be though, Gawain seemed far from hostile.

No, in this situation, it was more important to view the person within over what they look like on the outside. From what little Atiifa has seen of the skeleton, he could already deduce that they were working their best to be honorable and kind in nature. What were a few bones compared to that? Nothing. Atiifa's hand slips from Renee's hold as he approached Gawain. "Seeing this kind of thing is a bit... new to me. I've never met a skeleton before, and I don't know your circumstances, but I feel like it'd still be nice to have you with us." Atiifa meant what he said with all of his heart. If he had even close the the amount of courage that Gawain had, he would remove the mask covering his own face.

The reason that he had made the mask was not because he was frightened or terrified of his own appearance. He wasn't put off by terrifying features. The reason Atiifa wore the mask is solely because it was something made by him, thus it was familiar and not entirely off-putting. The face underneath was far too unfamiliar and unnatural for him. It was honestly more comfortable for him to look at the faces of his two new companions than it was to look at his own. Even if one had only bone for a face.

"Yeah, I feel like it is some kind of fate- if you believe in that sort of thing- that we were brought together. I feel like we could need each other sooner of later."

Interacting with: Skyhunter Skyhunter Dante Verren Dante Verren

Renee Nyx

View attachment 937312

View attachment 937313

The Witch's red gaze stared at the hooded knight reach for his hood, this seemed a little dramatic but whatever. Then the reveal of his skinless and bloodless face was shown to the two still living bodies. Renee's brow rose up on her forehead, she looked surprised before she smiled and pointed at the knight. " I knew it! I knew you were ugly. " Renee wasn't surprised to have a skeleton in her presence, she was used to thralls, zombies and sometimes skeletons while she lived with her master. This wasn't really off-putting to her.

Now getting a little more serious Renee let her hand down and took a few steps forward. " Gawain, I'm only joking. " Renee stated with her warm smile. " You are a good... Man. " she wasn't sure what the terminology was for a skeleton. " You helped me get away from the angry villagers, you didn't have to. You could have left me to most likely get caught or have to resort to violence. "

Renee then walked her way up to the undead knight and extended her hand out to the skeleton. " So I would gladly have you with us, friend. " Her eyes moved to the small beast who began to explain that fate brought them together, she gave a quiet giggle. " You know, you're probably not wrong about that. "

Gawain
interactions: Renee ( Skyhunter Skyhunter ) Atiifa ( Vexumin Vexumin )

Gawain's jaw hung open slightly in disbelief, he would have blinked but the lack of eyes or eye lid's prevented that. After a moment of silence from the skeleton he leaned back against the tree and broke out into laughter, he took another moment to calm the fit of laughter before speaking. "Of course the first person I meet is a witch and a small furry creature that would feel comfortable traveling with such an ugly skeleton as myself. " He broke out into laughter once more. What had he even been worried about. All the stress he had felt was suddenly gone. This was a world of magic and monsters, while many people likely feared him there were bound to be a few weird one's out there that would be fine with the way he was.

Raising his hand he ran the bony fingers against his equally bony cheek in contemplation, "A good man huh? Not yet." Lowering his hand he started to push himself up off the ground. "How about this then." Taking the sword he turned to face both of them, raised the blade above his head, and jabbed in down in the ground. Just like Luca had seen in countless movies, Gawain lowered himself down one knee as both of his hands were still clasped around the handle of the sword. "I the Undead Knight Gawain hereby swear to keep the witch Renee Nyx and the traveler Atiifa save for as long as we call each other companions and friends."

He was really playing up the knight role, and he wasn't even a knight. They didn't need to know that though. As long as it served the purpose of letting him help people and his new friends then he was willingly to lie about being a knight. What's the worst that could happen anyway, someone call him out and say he wasn't atually a knight. He was undead anyway, not like he had any reason not to claim he was a knight.

Atiifa

Atiifa.jpg

The small creature basked in awe as he watched Gawain swear protection over the two of them, claiming them as his wards to protect. Atiifa has never seen a knight at work before, and this Gawain really played the part. He wondered if the skeleton had also been a knight in life. Would explain just how he earned this regal nature, despite the lack of regal features he may possess in undeath. Nonetheless, Atiifa was impressed. He decided to follow along with the spectacle, taking hold of his staff and placing one end firmly upon the ground below him. "I, Atiifa the traveler," he begins, "swear that I shall work to protect and help my comrades in our travels. For so long as we are in each others presence, I will work my very hardest."

Atiifa freezes a moment. This took him back. The days of his childhood in the other world. He remembered playing knights with some fellow kids. When he grew up though, they had all broken off and gone their own ways. Then Ray got sick, and he couldn't do anything after that. In this world though, he could live an abnormal life... no, he could life a life of adventure with whomever he wished. This world was the world of spell and sword that he had imagined in his youth. Though he had already sworn- much like Gawain- he made another vow in his mind. He made a vow to keep the beginning of this new page in his life from turning sour. Whatever he had to do, he would do it.

Once he had finished his vows, he rubs a hand along the back of his furred neck, a bit embarrassed that he actually did that. He was no knight like Gawain, but it just felt right.

Interacting with: Skyhunter Skyhunter Dante Verren Dante Verren

Users who are viewing this thread

Back