• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Graded [Ryken City] Mother's Day

Rossle Deva

1663907592376.png

With Aria touching Rossle, the dwarf looked at her hand then back at her, he looked very unhappy with her actions. Aria strangely enough would feel some sort of strange tentacle wrap around her hand momentarily but when she looked the feeling was gone and there was nothing there. Bulky was already on his feet and snarling at Aria, showing his massive teeth that was in his maw. His eyes were a deep black, Rossle took Aria's hand and dropped it off of him. " I'll give you this warning. Do not touch me, lass. Or your hand will become my hand or Bulky's snack. " Rossle was dead serious in his words, he even lifted his hand to stop Bulky from attacking the female.

Rossle stared at the two silently as they explained themselves. The dwarf took a deep breath then exhaled slowly, bringing a hand up to his forehead and rubbed it down over his face. He had a embarrassed look in his eye but his face remained stoic. Bulky behind Rossle was smiling with his maw agape with his tail wagging and he panting. Rossle stated at the two woman before him, " Okay. I'll go. " The dwarf stated.

Bulky behind the dwarf began barking at Rossle while still panting, he looked like he was enjoying the embarrassment of the blacksmith. Rossle turned to stare at the bear dog " Bulky I swear to the gods I will skin you and wear you. " Rossle pointed at his companion but then Bulky began to unleash a series of deep barks at the dwarf as the two began arguing back and forth with each nothing. Nothing but barks and insults were heard along with a string of the word "bastard." Eventually Rossle and Bulkay stopped their battle of noises and insults with each other and Rossle turned to look at Regula and Aria. The blacksmith shook his head. " When and where am I going? And do I have to dress nice? " The blacksmith asked. Bulky barked and Rossle turned to face the bear dog " No, you're staying here to watch the store. " Bulky grumbled and hung his head before he gave a huff. In which Rossle narrowed his eye, " What did you call me you dirty door mat? That's my word! " Rossle pointed at Bulky who shot his head straight up and barked before Rossle shook his head and swung his head back around with a growl. " Anyways. Should I bring a gift? I can give your mudder one of my Vakaryn Daggers crafted by Old Masters of the Forge Council. " Rossle offered.

Regula
Mentions: Aria RavenSong RavenSong | Rossle Skyhunter Skyhunter

Regula was glad she successfully halted Aria from starting up an argument with Rossle. That'd have been the worst possible outcome. However, they weren't out of the blue just yet. The Dwarf was stubborn as a, well, as a Dwarf, so she wasn't sure if they'd be able to convince him. On the one hand, Aria was doing great by complimenting him, on the other, she was doing bad by trying to touch him. She also pressed where Regula herself had already failed to learn more, which she worried would only get the Dwarf to get more stubborn.

Luckily enough, the Dwarf caved in. If anything, it was so sudden that Regula had already started her “is there no way we can change your...” until she realised the contents of his words. “You will?” Surprise turned into joy. “That's great!”

She smiled at the argument between the Dwarf and his dog. After it was over, she'd really silently whisper something to the four-legged bastard. “Hey, Bulky, do you think Rossle's more kind than he lets on too?” She knew the dog wouldn't be able to comprehend her words, but that wasn't the point anyway. She just liked the dog a lot and knew her tone of voice would ring through as mischievous to the clever animal, informing him she was on his side in the argument.

That said, it was time to get serious. “Well... the place isn't exactly fancy, but if have something just a tiny bit more clean and average than your working clothings or armour, that would probably work great.... Although I'm sure she'd be happy to meet you regardless, so don't worry too much about it, it's just not to stand out too much. You know how some people are, right?” With the latter, she was clearly hinting towards the Bastard's legacy.

The point of gifts surprised her a bit, yet the thought of her mother with a dagger like that made her chuckle. “She'd be thoroughly confused at such a gift, but don't worry about gifts. She eh...” What was a subtle way to saying that her mother's customers gifted her so many expensive stuff that she just pawned off that getting anything expensive would probably just put her mother into work-mode? There was no such way, so Regula decided to go with the alternative. “My mother isn't really the type to appreciate gifts.” That was true and close enough to the real thing, she figured.

She quickly looked outside, checking the sun. “If you want to get changed, we can wait and go afterwards. It's a bit away from here, so she'll probably be there already if we leave in a bit. No rush though.” She was genuinely excited the Dwarf was joining them, the type of excitement she normally only really showed to Rossle when she was working on something new at the forge or when she finally learned a particularly difficult technique. “Do you want me to help close up here?”

665c107753c27ec6316971abce2a5ef77b452f49r1-898-1064v2_00.jpg

It seemed Arias attempts to smoothen up the dwarfs mood were in bad taste. When she’d tap Rossle, her eyes widdened as a gasp escaped her mouth, “What the-“ She exclaimed as she pulled her hand back with a flinch, holding it close before observing her hand for a bit. Then Rossle muttered a grim warning. She glanced at the dog Bulky as well, taking a few steps back. Aria, felt a bit disrespectful collecting herself quickly and bowing her head. “I’m sorry, the excitement to meet such a great warrior got the best of me. It wont happen again master Rossle."

She wouldn’t say anything else however, Rossle’s message was clear and coincise enough to back off and not try anything of the sort again.

She was starting to feel she had ruined the meeting, and just like Regula she was preparing to try to reason him into the idea of joining them. To Aria’s surprise however he accepted! “R-really?” she almost exclaimed, glancing at her friend in equal surprise, “I mean-” Then Regula happily said ’thats great’, completing her comment.

Then a most peculiar thing happened, the dwarf and the dog Bulky seemed to burst into an altercation, she couldnt tell what either of them were saying at some point, only a flurry of what sounded like insults. Aria tilted her head, her eyebrows raised with concern. “I-is everything arlright?” she asked sheepishly.

She turned to look at Regula, explaining what the attire might be like, from what she mentioned it didnt seem like too formal of an event. Much to her relief. “Well, thats good to know.” She said a bit relieved, “I was almost considering going through my pack for the dress i bought the other day before heading there.”

When Rossle refered to Bulky as a ‘dirty door mat’ she resisted a giggle, then turning to Regula. “I’ll.. wait outside.” She said, already heading out to the front, laughing inside a bit about the dynamic between Rossle and Bulky. It seemed like a sensitive matter, and she felt they were already quite lucky enough convincing him to come along.

Regula

With Rossle and Aria in tow, Regula would lead their odd group through the streets of Ryke. Sadly enough for Bulky, the big dog had to be left behind at the forge, as his presence probably wouldn't be ideal at their planned dinner location, to say the least. Their journey led them through a fair few streets, partially because Regula didn't want to risk getting close to the noble's district having Rossle along, until they stopped at an unassuming alley. It was one of the 'main' streets in the area Regula lived, although 'main' was a big word compared to the actually large streets that formed the real veins of the city. Eventually, she stopped at a small tavern. “This is it.” She said, suddenly feeling sort-off nervous.

Macer's Tavern
Kd0F1bW.jpg

The tavern was a simple place, small yet cosy. A hearth and candles were keeping the place warm and lit whilst the scent of freshly roasted meet greeted them almost immediately. Rosalia also greeted the almost immediately.

Rosalia
Ei2TzDv.jpg
p9wLsny.jpg

“Ah, there you are~” She said, moving over the group from the bar, where she'd been talking with one of the waitresses. “You must be master Rossle. It's truly a pleasure to meet you.” She said, although she'd heard enough about the Dwarf from Regula to be hesitant about offering him a handshake. Instead, she gave him a genuine smile. “I've reserved a table for us over there, and I made sure they've got Dwarven Stout in stock. I hope that wasn't too presumptuous of me?” Although she wasn't sure if it was racial stereotyping, she'd yet to meet a Dwarf that said no to a good pint of Dwarven Stout.

Either way, she gestured for them to join her at the table, as she took place near the wall. Regula, being surprisingly tactical about this, figured she'd best sit besides her mother. After all, it was easier to have a conversation with someone across from you instead of besides you and she figured her mother wanted to ask Rossle various things. She just hoped it wouldn't be too embarrassing. Luckily enough, Rosalia's first question was an innocent one, sort-off, at least. “I'm sorry I haven't managed to get properly acquainted earlier, after all you've done for my daughter. I hope today's invitation didn't come too sudden or ill-timed?”

Rossle Deva

1664153068875.png

The dwarven blacksmith still stoic in his attitude and even in how he walked, dressed himself in better clothing to look and smell more appropriate, he actually smelled clean and not of sweat or soot or hot magma. He cleaned himself up nicely. This was just him taking a bath, although he did have a dagger on his hip, can't be too careful. He would have brought his companion with him but Bulky wouldn't have done good in the setting they were going to. And besides, someone needed to watch the shop while he was gone.

When they got to where they were going to, Rossle snorted seeing the place. " Seems alright. " He commented, which was a nice compliment from the dwarf. Usually his description of a place or person involved a whole series of bastard this or bastard that. So considering his personality, this was a good compliment. As they walked on in, Rossle's eye laid upon Rosalia. Rossle straightened up seeing her, almost like he was trying to be taller than what he actually was. As the mother of Regula strided over to meet them, Rossle's eye softened a bit when she spoke. Her voice was beautiful, silky and kind. " It is nice to meet you, ma'am. You must be Rosalia. " Rossle sounded nicer now, like he had shedded that stoic personality Regula had known about him.

When the Dwarven Stout was mentioned Rossle narrowed his eye, " Oh so all Dwarves like Dwarven Stout now eh? " He asked with a hint of malice on his voice. When a awkward moment of silence passed by Rossle gave a hardy chuckle, " I'm joking, of course I love Dwarven Stout, we made it. " When they had sat down, Rossle had his hands and elbows on the table, leaning in, " No need to apologize, it was a good time actually. Needed a break from the forge and fighting. Your daughter here is something special, I don't see many with her type of skill and heart in one person. Hard to find both in someone. You've raised her right. " Rossle complimented. " She's a good student. She may one day surpass me. " Rossle joked.

Aria waited outside for a bit, part of her was a little anxious as the memory of the dark magic that enveloped her hand replayed in her mind. Fascinating. She thought to herself, as she began to tap her foot a bit on the cobbled street.

The sun was starting to set, as she looked out to the last rays of the eventful day disappearing behind a leatherworking shop, that appeared to be saddle makers, observing the owners bring in their wares for the day.

Before long, Regula and Rossle made their way out of the smithy, noting the dog was not with them. It was probably for the best, it was hard to say why the dog didnt like her, but a sense of relief was inevitable.

Aria followed next to Regula, occasionally looking back at Rossle if they were in any conversation, noting his much lustrous appearance. It suited him, but the air of mystery and stoic demeanor was a permanent sort of aura.

The war maiden would stop when Regula gestured at the location. “Oh?” She said, her eyes quickly scanning the entrance. “This looks quite nice.” she said with a nod. Following after the two had entered. The culinary smells permeated the atmosphere, quickly reminding Aria of her hunger. “All this walking made me hungry.” She said with a confessing-like tone. She usually kept those things to herself, but the smells were just too tempting at this point.

“Hello, Rosalia!” She beamed, giving her a hug before shifting her gaze towards the dwarf, whom this was really about, as their invitee of honor. It was shortly after that Rosalia offered the ‘dwarven stout’ then Rossle suddenly seemed offended. “Uhm.” She stuttered nervously, and winced as she looked at Regula and her mother, then back at Rossle. After surely a few surprised, astonished or apolagetic expressions the dwarf revealed his jest. To which Aria sighed, with a bit of relief. “I’ve never had this.. dwarven stout..” She pondered blankly, “..Is it any good? I’d like a pint.”

When Rossle began to mention Regulas talents, Aria raised her eyebrows slightly. For the tough shell that he was, the dwarf had a sort of a warm side. Surely, from spending so much time together, it’d be difficult to not realize Regulas brilliance. “She’s certainly talented and goes through much care and diligence for her work..” Aria said, looking at Rosalia then at Regula. “..i’m lucky to be her friend.” She said with conviction.

Regula

Regula had no clue where to look or what to say as everyone was talking about her. Rossle complimenting her so directly was already a bit odd, but even as a joke, the idea of her surpassing Rossle was just ridiculous. Then Aria just made it worse by also starting to compliment her. How in the world did one deal with praise being stacked on like that? She wasn't sure, so she did what any girl would do in her shoes and ordered some Dwarven Stout as well. The stuff was dark, strong and bitter, but she'd rather take on that challenge than the challenge of figuring out what to say or do when suddenly showered in compliments. Aria, who had this for the first time, would probably be caught unaware of how much kick there was to this stuff. Non-Dwarves had better drink it slowly or they'd get sloshed and wasted in no-time.

Rosalia
Ei2TzDv.jpg
p9wLsny.jpg

Rosalia, meanwhile, had been every bit as uncomfortable as Aria when Rossle made his joke, as she didn't know the Dwarf well enough to know if that was meant or not. She sighed a bit of relief when he revealed the jest and gave a well-practised giggle. She got a lot more relaxed when the topic went back to Regula. “I'm glad to hear that, she was always such a tomboy and trouble-maker that I wondered if she'd ever straighten out~ I've never seen her so serious and working hard on something than she worked on her projects after she became your apprentice. We owe you a lot, as she was sent away by almost everyone else and we'd almost given up hope that she'd ever find someone willing to take her on as an apprentice. You may say I've raised her right, but I don't know what would've happened if you hadn't been willing to teach her your craft.” As Rosalia was speaking, Regula was turning various shades of red, perhaps drinking the Dwarven Stout a little faster than what would be responsible.

Luckily enough, a distraction arrived in the form of someone handing them a list of dishes to chose from. The options were simple and somewhat limited, but if the scents from the kitchen were anything to go by, they were good. Roasted pork, roasted chicken, meat stew, vegetable stew, meat-filled bread and potato mash with beef seemed to be today's options. Rosalia ordered up vegetable stew, Regula went for the meat stew.

As they were waiting on their orders, Regula suddenly had a brilliant plan. She could steer the conversation towards Aria to avoid being put in the odd position of not knowing what to do with compliments or embarrassing childhood stories again! “Say, Rossle, you mentioned Vakaryn Daggers before, right? Aria here is an expert at throwing and handling daggers, so I'm sure she'd love to learn more about those.” That should probably ensure Regula herself wouldn't be the topic of conversation again anytime soon.

Rossle Deva

1664374870548.png

Rossle smiled at Rosalia's words when she mentioned that they owed him, he had his pint of Dwarven Stout and quickly drank the entire pint down as she spoke before slamming it down. " You don't owe me anything, your daughter has helped me too. Her keen eye and great skill for blacksmithing made her into what she is now. She's even becoming a inventor believe it or not. Regula may have been a troublemaking and stubborn lass, but she's not as stubborn as me. " Rossle chuckled at the end as he ordered another Dwarven Stout, he looked fine, but for a dwarf, one pint isn't going to do much to a dwarf. To a regular person, one pint may get them buzzed. He would also order a large steak with Rockworms on the side. What is that you're thinking? Don't worry about it.

Rossle heard Regula speak as he was drinking his second pint, he finished about half when she mentioned the dagger he had. " Is that so lass? Well, she needs to earn it. I don't give free stuff away. " Which was a lie, he just talked to Regula about giving Rosalia the same dagger. But that was more a respect thing, although Aria was a adventurer, and adventurers came in all shapes and sizes, sure Aria was friends with Regula but that doesn't mean that she could just have a dagger Rossle made, and Rossle doesn't know too much about the young warrior that he perceived as naive just from their first meeting. " But do not try to change the subject lass, this is about you and your achievements. " Rossle stated turning his head to look at her with his one eye. " Your friend will need to prove herself. " Rossle looked at Aria with a stern eye. " And I'm no slouch. " He pointed his pint at the warrior before downing the rest of his pint and slamming it back onto the table, just to order another one. " But if you want that dagger, you'll have to prove to me you can have it. " Rossle stated. " Hit me. "

Once the drinks arrived, Aria took her glass and took a long sip of the dark bitter liquid that was served. She then quickly put the drink down and covered her mouth, coughing a bit. “Ugh..” She coughed, “..this is really strong, i’m impressed dwarves can drink this!” The drink had a pleasing aftertaste however, which prompted her to take a bit more although much more carefully.

As Rosalia was talking about Regula and her gratitiude to the dwarf for taking her in, her attention went towards Regula, smiling softly yet teasingly her. Something about it was quite adorable. Her body language changed, and for better or worse drank with embarassment, albeit much quicker than what seemed appropriate.

When the waiter arrived to reveal the course meals being served, she took the list and quickly assesed her appeteite. She would go for the roasted pork.

“Say, Rosalia, you’re not having one of these dwarven stouts?” She asked curiously, but then Regula started to push attention towards the war maiden. She didn’t mind, “Yes, i couldnt help but notice the dagger as a gift before. I confess, i was very curious about it.”

Then after a few rightfully boasting remarks, challenged her, but not as one would think. Somehow this dwarf, either from being a few drinks in, or truly measuring Aria’s strength requested she hit him. “H-hit you? I couldn't possibly-” She asked with obvious disbelief, glancing at Regula, wondering if she knew what he would say. However from what little she knew about the dwarf, the offer likely wouldn’t stand if she waited for his response. And truthfully, she wanted the dagger. “Hmm, very well.” She said with a sigh as she got up from the table, scooting the chair away. She stumbled a little, from the ale she had just finished, and looked at the dwarf.

“I ask your forgiveness in advance, master Rossle.” She bowed her head lightly, then balled her fist, brought back her arm, and with a sudden grunt, instead of a roar striked Rossle’s face right on his beardy cheek bone.

Macer's Tavern
Kd0F1bW.jpg

Regula

The awkwardness of being suddenly complimented went on for a bit longer, but despite saying he didn't want to change the subject, Rossle changed the subject in the most drastic of ways. Namely by inciting a riot. Or well, by asking Aria to hit him. For some reason, the Dwarf was suddenly talking about giving the dagger away, even though Regula had merely asked him to tell them about the type of weapon. Perhaps Rossle was less tolerant to alcohol than he let on? It'd explain why he misunderstood her and suddenly wanted to be hit on by Aria. She wasn't sure how to make this take a turn for the better, however, as she worried they'd draw in too much attention...

Rosalia
Ei2TzDv.jpg
p9wLsny.jpg

“Oh my, and here I thought Regula was a tomboy~” Rosalia said with a bit of a giggle, as Aria was easily convinced into trying to hit the Dwarf. “Why don't we focus on our dinner for now and leave this for later? We wouldn't want to disturb the other guests, now, would we?” She sounded surprisingly stern on the latter, both towards Rossle and Aria. Hopefully that'd stop Aria, if not, Rossle would be able to catch the attack, but that wouldn't stop the attention being drawn towards them from other tables, something Rosalia had been trying to avoid.

Either way, food was soon to arrive. All things considered, it was good stuff. Nothing too overly expensive or complex, just a nice, warm and filling meal. It was Rosalia who eventually started a new conversation. “Say, master Rossle, have you travelled a lot? I was surprised by Regula and Aria's stories about the Grand Duchy, so I can only wonder what even more exotic places must be like.”

Rossle Deva

1664466164263.png

The dwarf was smirking a bit as Aria had attempted to strike Rossle, he even leaned into her attack only for his hand to catch her punch inches from striking him, " Hmm. You have some power. But you decided to strike where I am blind at. Smart lass. " Rossle released her hand having a bit of a chuckle. " Maybe next time, lass, but you're not ready for any of my work. " Rossle stated as he had sat back down.

Rossle was eating his steak and Rockworms (don't worry about it) when he heard Rosalia ask him a question, Rossle drank more Dwarven Stout and placed his mug down. " You can call me Rossle, Rosalia. I'm no one's master besides my students. " Rossle sat back in his chair, his eyes stared at his drink as he leaned forward, " Aye, I've travelled a lot. " Rossle stated, " Especially in me youth. I went pretty close to everywhere except the East Empire. Craziness there, talks of humans who hate dragons yet devour them. The See has Fae that look down upon others that aren't them. Not racist like the East Empire but you could say they're one in the same, a lot of magic there. The Republic has a lot of beast folk there, although I like to call them Beastkin, they can be very kind to one another. Especially Ratkin, very cooperative but very timid of other races. There's a whole underground colony up there said to be bigger than the country of Ryke itself. I can go on and on. But I've seen my fair share of the world. A lot of good, more bad. A lot of fighting happens. There's been a lot. I'd rather not bore you with my grey descriptions of these places. " Rossle stated, he had a melancholy look in his eyes for a moment before he looked to Regula then Aria, " The Duchy, huh? You had their Cloud yet? " He asked.

She braced her fist before it would connect to Rossle’s face, but right before she could, by some mysterious power Rossle swiftly held her fist in his hand. Aria gasped, her eyes wide with disbelief as the dwarf chuckled. Then gasping softly again when he let her hand go. “Hmm, i see. Very well.” Taking her hand back, she nodded at the dwarfs assessment.

The war maiden then sat down, as another flagon of dwarven stout was served before her. She was already starting to become a bit tipsy on an epty stomach, so she’d take this one a bit slower than the previous, only taking small sips.

Turning to Rosalia, she put a hand over her rosy cheek, a bit embarassed and beginning to feel the effects of the beverage. “You’re right, Rosalia. I'll behave.” She looked around seeing some stares in their direction and shrugged.

When the food arrived, she took a fork and started eating, she didn't know how hungry she was until after the first bite. But maintained a level of calm although she wanted to empty the plate before her in one bite if she could. It was then that she noticed the rock worms on the dwarfs plate, pausing a bit but otherwise leaving the topic alone. Where she was from it was somewhat common that the village folk partook in all manner of different foods, but none that she ever bothered to try.

When the topic of the Grand Duchy came up, Aria glanced at Regula then at the dwarf as he explained and mentioned the many different places some that she’d heard of but most of them she didnt.

“Cloud?” She asked curiously, “What is that?"

Macer's Tavern
Kd0F1bW.jpg

Rosalia
Ei2TzDv.jpg
p9wLsny.jpg

Although Rosalia wasn't happy about more eyes on their company, it couldn't be helped. Such was the burden of dealing with rowdy kids, after all. “Very well then, Rossle it is~” She said it with a smile. Peculiar as the Dwarf was in many ways, she didn't mind addressing each-other in more familiar manners. Besides, she was at the edge of her seat when learning of his journeys. There was one thing she was curious about. There was one thing she wondered about. “What made you decide to stay or settle in Ryke, rather than in a place like The See?”

Regula

Regula too, was at the edge of her seat. Like mother, like daughter. However, unlike Aria, she did recall the 'cloud'. “I think that was the weird drug thing they tried offering us. The one you had to inhale through those weird pipe things.” She then looked at Rossle. “We didn't try it, and I'm not just saying that because my mother is here. I generally don't like the idea of taking something that'll temper with my mind like that.”

On the topic of mind-altering substances, she realised she'd better not order another Dwarven Stout, as the stuff was kicking in. Best not to get too much alcohol in her system in this setting. That said, there was one topic she wanted to return to. “I never meant for you to give Aria a dagger, I was just wondering what made that type of dagger so special. Besides, maybe I'll want to see if I can learn smithing something like them myself one day. I've been looking to enchant a mithril dagger, so having a solid design for it might be a worthwhile endeavour.”

Rossle Deva

1664680868254.png

Rossle stared at Aria when she asked what Cloud was, he didn't say as he found her a bit naive and would rather her not try it and possibly get addicted. He would turn his head to look at Rosalia when she asked why he decided to stay in Ryken and not in The See, the dwarf sat there in silence for a moment before answering. " Well... " The dwarf started looking down at the table then up to Rosalia, " Business is booming here. " Rossle stated as he sat back, " Ryken is a great place for adventurers to come to and try to prove themselves mercenaries or warriors or whatever they want. I am good at my craft and also wanted to train myself a few apprentices so they can craft weaponry and armor or even their own inventions. " The dwarf looked at Rosalia, " Real reason was that... " He started before he then cleared his throat and stopped answering, it was clear he was a bit bothered by the question although a bit of push could get him to open up more if desired. " I'd rather live here than in some country where they are all snotty and dumb as a bag of bastards. " The dwarf complained.

His eyes turned to Regula who asked about the dagger saying she asked about the dagger rather than say give it to Aria, " I felt like that was where you were going to go with the mention of such a rare mineral. " Rossle stated unapologetically, like he was expecting Regula to ask him to give such a weapon to Aria. " As for the contents of the dagger... It is made from a type of stone rather than metal although the stone itself is pretty much very difficult to impossible to find. It's almost like a rock, feels like one but melts like a metal. I ended up finding it after I... Well. After I served some time. " Rossle finished.

"Oh.." Aria said, her speech slightly slurred, "..those were some strange, strange cat people, I must admit, I was a bit curious about those strange pipes.." She recalled, then caught Rossles gaze. "..What?" She asked, taking another sip before shaking with a bitter look across her face. "Okay, I've had too much of this." She said blinking, and rubbing an eye with the surface of her hand. "I never leave a table without finishing, but.. this is no ordinary drink."

The war maiden listened to the dwarfs story, he seemed to be quite the shrewd businessman. "I for one hope to see more of the country someday, but Ryken has its beautiful places."

Aria, curious and a bit intoxicated tilted her head a bit sloppily her head going further out than she intended. Although she retained a certain air of stability "What was the real reason?"

Then the topic of the dagger came up, there was a bit of carelessness in her demeanor due to the dwarven stout. But she did her best not to sound to overbearing or rude. "Well, if I can't have it. Can I at least hold it?" She asked, holding out an open hand. "I'm tipsy, and I couldn't possibly run with it."

"Wait."
She paused, "You've been to jail?"

Macer's Tavern
Kd0F1bW.jpg

Rosalia
Ei2TzDv.jpg
p9wLsny.jpg

Rossle's reply brought up another interesting line of conversation. “Have you ever made weapons for any famous adventurers, mercenaries or warriors?” She herself certainly knew some, but she had a non-disclosure agreement with any customers of any renown. Perhaps the Dwarf might be more capable of bragging about his work for famous folk. As for his complaint, Rosalia just gave a polite and practised giggle. “I'm not sure if you're thinking that highly of the folk in Ryke or that lowly of everyone else, but I'm sure there's at least some good folk in any country, if you manage to find them.”

Regula

Regula shook her head. “After working as your apprentice for so long, I still haven't convinced you of my genuine interest in the craft?” She said, a little bit extra dramatic to tease the Dwarf. That said, his explanation made her very curious. “Stone that melts like metal? What's the advantage of using that over normal metal?” She was also curious about his 'served time', yet she knew better than to ask Rossle about his past. Luckily enough, Aria didn't know better. Perhaps Rossle would actually answer her.

Rossle Deva

1664761381595.png

" The real reason? " Rossle asked, turning his head to look at Aria, " Love was the reason. Back when I was younger and stupid. " Rossle huffed as he had ordered another Dwarven Stout, once given the Stout he would order another as he drank the entire swill down, placing the empty tankard on the table. Rossle's eyes looked distant for a moment, like he forgot he was at a table with women, " Back when I was stupid enough to fall for a woman. " Rossle blurted out quietly, although his voice sounded sad and ashamed just as his next drink arrived.

Rossle took another drink of his Dwarven Stout, this was probably his fourth or fifth, nah more like his fifth. Swigging the entire thing down and planting it on the table, Rossle cleared his throat, " Depends on famous. Famous for doing heroics or famous for being dead. " Rossle looked at his empty tankard, " I have made armor for this one pretty boy warrior, he claimed to be the best swordsman in the land, blond hair, luscious, agile, witty. His name was Jameson Lancost, he ended up losing a hand and became useless. He ended up dying not too long after when a rooftop toppled down on top of him. A terrible way for a once great warrior to go. Pretty stupid actually. His kill count was said to be around four hundred. " The dwarven blacksmith shrugged. " There was another named Archov Dutech. Weird name. Man wanted me to create him some sort of strong shell in a specific shape, curved with the end pointing at the enemy when he held it. He ended up creating that Magitech or something, using magical stones to create projectiles. His work was pretty great, but he was killed rather quickly after his invention. They found him chained to the back of a horse, dragged to death. " Rossle chuckled a bit. " Now his name is somewhat forgotten, and his invention was taken by someone, possibly the East Empire I would guess. Both of them were located here in Ryken. " Rossle told their stories. " My opinion on most people is rather negative. Ryken is a hub for adventurers and mercenaries. Also, in the middle of nearly all countries. The See and the East Empire are at war now. I've been more busy than usual with all sorts of people coming by asking for weapons and armor. Your daughter has been a huge help with that, and my companion BULKAY is great at sniffing out thieves. " Rossle explained to Rosalia.

Rossle's eyes looked to Regula, " I have no doubt you're interested in this craft. Although when you eventually leave onto greener pastures, Regula. I will need another apprentice to train. " Rossle had a smile underneath all that beard, although a hint of sadness laid upon his lips. Aria repeated the word jail, turning his head, " Oh yes. Quite a few times actually. Back when I was an angry dwarf seeking revenge. Vandalism. Assault. Attempted assault. Robbery. Arson. Attempted murder one time. I did get murder for Bulky killing a thief. They were too scared of an eight-foot bear dog, so I got indicted. Funny stuff actually. I only served two days for that one. " Rossle laughed at the end when he mentioned Bulky. He would then stop laughing slowly when he remembered something, his eyes widen for a moment, " Then I got away with mass murder. " The drink finally got to Rossle it seemed, began to have him open up, open up more than he probably wanted to.

" That woman. That thief. Jane. " Rossle stared at the table, looking a million miles away, his voice bitter with anger. " Jane Leatherguard. Used me. Used Bulky. Made me feel like a man while she stole my research. Cheated me with some other bastard. Turned out she is the leader for an Underbelly gang, damn Leatherguard. I went to that cesspit, killing Leatherguard, trying to find her. I did. She took my eye. I left. Years later. They attacked me again. Cut into my arms just a few days ago. I broke their backs. Can't walk anymore. Left them in a pit to die. " Rossle whispered, his eyes looked sadden and almost regretful for how his life turned out. He looked up seeing that he was at the table. His eyes full of surprise, full of embarrassment. " I, uh. " Rossle didn't have words as he cleared his throat and pulled off his belt a small pouch full of Rykes. Tossing them onto the table, " Thanks for lunch, ladies. It's better I go. " The dwarf stated, " It was lovely meeting you Rosalia, and Regula... I'll see you whenever. " Rossle stated with a hint of shame as he headed for the door in quick strides to leave. Embarrassed by his confession of murdering people in front of a table of women that didn't need to hear that. Especially Rosalia. She didn't need to know Rossle's troubled and dark past, he felt like he had ruined a so far great lunch. Rossle would push the doors open to the restaurant to head back to his shop.

“L-love? Hmm, I see..” She repeated, the sound rolled quite strangely in her mouth. A highly confusing word that meant many different things to many different people. In this context it was obviously love between man and woman, a paradoxical thing that teetered between attraction and repulsion. An emotion a bit too complex to begin to express and discern for Aria, but it was certainly something she was beginning to explore.

Then the remarks that made it seem he felt a degree of aversion towards women. “I-I think I understand..” she said, a bit unsure of what to say, “..I don’t know much of love, but it feels like a strength and a weakness.”
It was here that Rossle began to tell his stories about those whom he’d worked for throughout his career. It was certainly impressive, obviously given by how much she seemed to lean in to catch every word out of the dwarfs mouth.

Aria then blinked at Rossle as he bombarded her with a flurry of crimes he’d committed in his previous years. “Whoa.. thats.. quite the record.” She managed. Then went even further as to de late he’d gotten away with mass murder. “If it was in self defense, I suppose that’s quite alright..” she turned to Rosalia and gave her an apologetic look, “..right Rosalia?”

Yet before she knew it, the dwarf was headed out the door, but then Aria teleported right in front of him. “Please, before you go Master Rossle I want you to know that I understand life has been immensely hard on you, this world really is as cruel as you say, but despite it all I hope someday, you find the way to forgive yourself. And i’d like to thank you for having dinner with us.”

She bowed her head, and then managed as best she could to return to her seat. Folding her arms on table and resting her head on them.

Last edited:
Macer's Tavern
Kd0F1bW.jpg

Rosalia
Ei2TzDv.jpg
p9wLsny.jpg

It seemed like it took five stouts to really get the Dwarf talking. Rosalia was listening to him with genuine interest. She'd met her fair share of odd people in her own line of work, but she never knew the details, as not asking questions was part of the job. Rossle, on the other hand, seemed to know past, present and future of his more peculiar customers. Of course she was a bit shocked when the Dwarf went on about his many criminal acts. She was about to stop him when he stood up, but Aria beat her to it. She only really had one thing to add. “Whomever you were in the past isn't nearly as important to us as who you are now, so I'd like to thank you for coming and I hope you'd consider having dinner with us again sometime.”

Regula

Regula was taken aback for multiple reasons. She'd never hear Rossle open up about his past like that. Sure, she'd had her suspicions, but this was a shock regardless. She also felt a desire to go slay some Leatherguards, but figured that'd be best left unvoiced for now. All things considered, it had been quite the evening. With Aria and her mother having already said all that needed to be said to Rossle, she merely nodded in confirmation. As they finished up their food short after Rossle walked off, she stood up. “I'll handle the bills!” She said, heading over to the bar before her mother could protest. She was a little taken aback by the prices, as the Dwarven Stout tab had added up and whatever 'rock worms' was, wasn't cheap either. Rossle had better teach her that stone crafting to repay her.

Either way, it wasn't long before they were out again. Evening was starting, as the sun was shining its last rays down upon the city. “There's one more place I'd like to take you too.” Rosalia decided, having settled on one last plan for the evening after their meeting with Rossle. She took them in tow through-out town again, going through various streets until they reached the city edges. To Regula's surprise, her mother took them to a graveyard. Most of it was very well-maintained, but they wandered into a lesser maintained part soon enough. Only the individual graves were well taken care off by the family of those that lay there.

fantasy-angel-cemetery-graveyard-wallpaper-preview.jpg

Eventually, they arrived at a corner of the graveyard, where a lone angel statue bathed in the first rays of moonlight. Regula was likely as confused as Aria as to why they'd been taken here. Luckily, Rosalia started to explain. “I wasn't planning to come here at first, but something about learning of Rossle's past made me want to share a bit of my own.” She sighed, then turned to Regula. “I've never told you about my mother, your grandmother, have I?” She gazed upon the statue again. “I honestly don't know too much about her myself, as she died while I was young. I've only got a faint memory of what she supposedly looked like. However, I do know she's not from this area originally. She's from Widersia, a nation nestled between The See and the Eastern Empire, where dissenters of both factions are trying to form a nation together. From what I've gathered, her own mother, my grandmother and your great-grandmother, was directly related to one of the original Eastern Empire dissenters that helped found the nation.” She gazed upon the statue again, as if trying to find some form of comfort in it. “She never told me how she ended up in this country, but from what others told me and from what I've been able to pierce together, she was captured by The Empire and sold into slavery for dissenting, eventually being sold to someone in Ryken and being set free again after falling pregnant with me. The latter was a huge scandal, as nobody knew who the father was, so they decided to bury the story by letting her go free if she never spoke of it. She died not much later, probably as a manner to tie up lose ends, but I was allowed to live.” A bit of a tear formed in the corner of her eyes. “Although I haven't known her well, I like to come here every so often to try to remember her. This statue is build to remember those like h er, who don't have their own tombstone or grave. She's buried around here somewhere, in a mass grave, but I don't really know where. It doesn't matter though. When I see this statue, I imagine this is what she'd look like, if she were to look down on us from the heavens.”

She gave a deep sigh, calming herself again. Then she turned to Aria. “I'm sorry for dragging you into this, but I was never sure when to tell Regula. Now that she has a friend like you at her side, it finally felt like the right time.” She looked away from them again. “Would you please go home first? I'll catch up in a bit.” Her voice was surprisingly weak, giving away the reason she desired to be alone for a bit.

Regula herself wasn't too much better off. Today's emotions had stacked up a fair bit, so when she turned to walk off with Aria, she tried to make a comment. “Do you think this means I might have some Fae blood?” However, it only took a few more paces for her facade to break, as tears started to form in her eyes and the real question she wanted to ask arose. She'd never sounded so unsure and unconfident before. “Aria.. Is it weird to cry about someone you've never even met...?”

Aria turned to look at Rosalia and nodded with agreement at what she said to the dwarf. “Agreed..” she said as Rossle walked out the door. “..I never imagined such a legendary warrior as Rossle would carry such a heavy burden in his heart. The decisions of our past define us in so many ways that I have yet to experience.”
Looking down at her flagon she continued a bit absentmindedly, “Perhaps, it's because of his hardships that make him as great as they say.”

Like Regula, she also felt the urge to comment about taking matters into their own hands, but from what little she knew about Rossle, it appeared he woulld most certainly object and might even provoke him to give a very strong worded scolding.

Then Regula blurted out she would pay for the meal, “Hm?” She hummed before she could figure out what was happening. When Regula returned, she stated quite bankly, “I’ll pay next time we have dinner.” She was quickly beginning to feel like the little sister that didn’t contribute. Although, the war maiden couldn’t quite pinpoint the feeling.

She glanced at the other tables, noticing more people showing up, the regular crowd that arrived after a long days work. Unruly, loud and restless. Some were talking about their difficult partners, others about how bad their day went. One slender and sharp looking one in particular would mention, “Well, I don’t know about you but my day went quite alright..” before another boomed abruptly, albeit bitterly, “..what in the blazes would be so difficult about being a scribe!?” Many around them would laugh, before taking their seats and making their orders.

After taking a few cups of water, and a quick visit to the bathroom, Aria found herself outside, feeling the cool earthy breeze on her face. The effects of the drinks she had beginning to wear off quite easily, “So, where to now?” she asked softly. She kept getting pangs of certain feelings that she couldn’t quite grasp, she enjoyed spending time with Rosalia and Regula. She could roam about with them forever if she could. Alas, the day was coming to its fateful close however. Noticing the rays of the days sun giving their final flicker, like a waning fire in a chimney.

However, the day wouldn’t exactly end heading home for some restful sleep, as Aria was looking back forth at the street, wondering which was was home, her attention was pulled by Rosalia who mentioned yet another destination.

Pleasantly surprised, Aria smiled, “Hmm, very well.. lead the way.”

Along the way she was a bit cautious, she didn’t know this part of the city, and wondered about its safety. A population as dense as that in Ryke had its way of hiding its rough side. Being from the country side, it was common to retire at or slightly before sundown.

When they finally arrived at their destination, Aria tilted her head a bit at the fact that they’d arrive at a graveyard. “We’ve.. stopped.” She said almost asking, wondering if this was really the place. But when Rosalia began to explain the reason for being here she suddenly understood the sensitivity of the matter.

However, she listened intently, about Regulas great grandmother, to the fact that she dissented, to wondering about her origins, then the tragic detail of her being sold into slavery before her untimely death after being forced to stay silent.

Aria’s opening heart would begin to break upon seeing Rosalia’s eyes well up in tears, noticing her voice change and break with sorrow at times. All Aria could muster were a few words through the knots in her throat. When Rosalia managed to collect her composure a bit, Aria responded, “No, please dont be sorry..” She said assuringly, “..I just, wish I could find the right words to express how much I care about you two.” Aria suddenly began to feel quite vulnerable, but she pressed on. Turning towards the moonlit statue, “She is certainly a beautiful angel. I’m sure she cares for you in ways you can’t even imagine.”

Then Rosalia seemed to want to be alone for some time, to which she nodded, looking at Regula who appeared to be holding back something, likely just as emotional as her at this moment.

They started off back home, the graveyard now likely a bit out of sight, Aria couldn’t help but let her emotions take over her mind, apparently absentminded as the thought about Roaslia’s features before they left. Then Regula asked the most peculiar question, to which Aria couldnt help but repeat, “Fae blood?” she asked, but when she turned to look at her, she’d given into what she was desperately keeping in. If there was something Aria had learned so well from Regula was how to be supportive during times of sadness, Aria, now teary eyed, couldn’t help but embrace Regula tightly. “It isn’t..” she responded to her question, “..your grandmother was a very brave and courageous woman to rebel in favor of a better life; A life she thought would be better. She did as she wished, and believed in her vision, and no one had the right to do what they did to her..” Resting her chin on Regula's shoulder, tears coming down her cheeks still in the embrace she continued, “..my heart tells me she looks after you, and share in your joys and sorrows.”

Last edited:
Regula
Mentions: Aria RavenSong RavenSong

The floodgates opened when Aria pulled her in for an embrace, no longer caring to hold back the tears. Today's roller-coaster of emotions, ending with this sudden lesson about her past, had really taken a toll on her. She felt emotionally exhausted, yet at the same time, she felt comforted. Her mother was right, as having a friend like Aria at her side felt like she had steady grounds to stand on, even though she felt like her mind and emotions were in so much turmoil. She smiled through the tears. “Thank you.” That was all she could find words for, for now, but she was sure it said more than enough.

For a while, Regula just stood there, having her emotions settle in. She realised she'd never seen her mother as emotional as now either. How long had she'd been wanting to tell her this, without deeming it the right time? Regula wasn't sure, but she felt like this had weighed on her mother's heart for a long time as well. Eventually, Regula gave a deep sigh and broke loose from the embrace. She tried trying her tears a bit with her sleeves. “Let's head back.” She said, turning to leave the graveyard.

For a fair while, she was silent, still thinking things through. However, by the time they'd almost reached their home again, Regula asked a question. “Do you want to travel to Widersia with me? Not now, of course, but some day.”

Aria, held her dear friend as long as she felt it necessary, giving into the sobbing as thoughts of her own hardships came in waves. Thoughts of her corrupt father, of who her mother could be, about the confusion surrounding Leo, her brother. Family, was precious to some, and a curse to others, perhaps it was destiny, or karma or simply just luck.

--

If her father was right in that before taking on her incarnation in this body was done so willingly with the intention for malice. She was almost grateful it happened. Surely, the person she was before wouldn't experience the world as she did so now, and wouldn't aspire to the same goals the same. Somehow, her destiny had changed, planned or unplanned.

--

Aria would hold the embrace as long as necessary, the tears streaming from her eyes eventually subsided, then Regula broke the embrace. It was like waking up from a dream. Smiling softly, she cleared her own tears with the palm of her hands quickly. "You're most welcome, Regula." Letting go of her, she cleared her throat and nodded. "Yes, let's go."

--

When they'd be close to arriving, Regula asked if she'd travel to her grandmothers homeland, she'd bow her head softly, "I'd be glad to accompany you, m'lady.." her usual self returning as she raised her eyes to meet her gaze she adding, "..perhaps we could send your mother a letter before we depart when the time comes."

Regula
Mentions: Aria RavenSong RavenSong

”I'd like that.” Regula said, at the idea of travelling towards Widersia with Aria. “I should sent her more letters in general. Feel free to remind me.” Regula said, a smile forming on her face again. The long, exhausting and emotional day was finally coming to and end. All things considered, it'd been a great day. Being back home, Regula opened the door, walked past the storage area to go up a floor, greeted miss Vera (who again mistook her for Rosalia) and walked up the stairs to their own rooms in the attic, then headed straight towards the closet. She pulled out a small box, opening it and taking out a key... then handed it to Aria. “It's a spare key to our house. I'm sure my mother won't mind it if you have one as well.” Regula said. Their house wasn't a mansion in the slightest, but Aria would always have a home there.

The End

Aria
[Title] Art Enthusiast – Character has shown serious enthusiasm for art. Like-minded individuals will have a likelier time getting along with them and their enthusiasm might get them to pry loose more information from artists themselves.

[Asset] Spare Key – A key to Rosalia and Regula's house. A small two-room attic apartment at the top-floor of a town-house in Ryken.

Isekai Hell RP Grade

Another great RP Elvario, it was great seeing Aria and Regula bond and interact. Thank you for allowing me to include Rossle in this RP and get him more fleshed out as a character, finally revealing a small part of his past was really cool to write out. Rosalia is a great mom as well, you don't see many supporters for characters here in IH like that, someone with actual parents. Thank you guys, enjoy the rewards.

Regula (GM) - 21 Points

~~~

Aria - 14 Points - Optional Title Acquired [Art Enthusiast] – Character has shown serious enthusiasm for art. Like-minded individuals will have a likelier time getting along with them and their enthusiasm might get them to pry loose more information from artists themselves.

[Asset] Spare Key – A key to Rosalia and Regula's house. A small two-room attic apartment at the top-floor of a town-house in Ryken.

~~~

Skyhunter (Rossle, NPC; going to Horatio) - 7 Points

Users who are viewing this thread

Back