• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Graded [Ryken City] Meeting for a sword (Aria & Regula)

This is an RP in the Isekai Hell world, about Aria the shield maiden and Regula the warrior/blacksmith. Aria seeks to purchase a sword, with Regulas help.

Elvario Elvario RavenSong RavenSong

F29B3C74-8E4F-4BFB-B6BA-5F60994437CC.jpeg

In Ryke.

Upon arriving from her most recent battle, Aria would have slept for nearly two days. Fighting in defense of Highgrove village, her home, was not an easy task for the young shield maiden. Her shoulder had fallen prey at the jaws of a fierce toad mage, but nonetheless it was a small price to pay in defense of everything she held dear. She’d suddenly awake from a nightmare, startled, panting and heaving as she usually did, her shoulder was bandaged but it was almost completely healed.

Aria had been traveling to Ryke; she'd been invited by the barony of Light to discuss matters regarding casualties and costs of damages inflicted by the plant demons that plagued her town. Having never left her town, this was a step into the unknown, the city was much more densely populated than her humble home. There was a mild feeling of not belonging which she fought against as she ordered a small meal, people seemed stern here, quick and busy unlike she’d seen so far. No one looked you in the eyes.

She sat and ate undisturbed with the mild distractions of children crying, and vendors exclaiming about their wares with prideful announcements, hoping to make a sale. Aria took a sip of her drink as she noticed a bulletin board in the eatery, getting up she made her way to the artisans' bulletins.
In Ryke.

Upon arriving from her most recent battle, Aria would have slept for nearly two days. Fighting in defense of Highgrove village, her home, was not an easy task for the young shield maiden. Her shoulder had fallen prey at the jaws of a fierce toad mage, but nonetheless it was a small price to pay in defense of everything she held dear. She’d suddenly awake from a nightmare, startled, panting and heaving as she usually did, her shoulder was bandaged but it was almost completely healed.

Aria had been traveling to Ryke; she'd been invited by the barony of Light to discuss matters regarding casualties and costs of damages inflicted by the plant demons that plagued her town. Having never left her town, this was a step into the unknown, the city was much more densely populated than her humble home. There was a mild feeling of not belonging which she fought against as she ordered a small meal, people seemed stern here, quick and busy unlike she’d seen so far. No one looked you in the eyes.

She sat and ate undisturbed with the mild distractions of children crying, and vendors exclaiming about their wares with prideful announcements, hoping to make a sale. Aria took a sip of her drink as she noticed a bulletin board in the eatery, getting up she made her way to the artisans' bulletins.
“Hmm, blacksmith?” She muttered.

Although she never gave much thought to the matter before, she decided that a proper sword was overdue. Having only handled common infantry equipment, or finding shoddy pieces in the heat of battle it was definitely time. She’d write down the building number, before setting off to find the smithy. Asking passersby of various types and races, Ryke was surely a diverse place.

Aria finally found the location, stepping in through the door as she knocked on the door frame.

“Hello?” She called. “I’m looking for the blacksmith?”

Last edited by a moderator:
Regula
UcAhsyc.jpg

Regula was pretty invested in her latest work. She was finally getting the hang of all the artificer skills that'd allow her to actually make her gun shoot things. By now, she realised she was almost as well-versed in crafting catalysts as she was in being a blacksmith, but that was just an extra. However, she still needed a way to put food on the table, so when someone entered, she perked up and placed her own work down. “Greetings and well done, you've found one~” Regula said jokingly, as she walked up to the woman and used her [appraisal] on her to make sure she wasn't dealing with a [criminal] or [monster], which luckily wasn't the case.

“I'm afraid the master isn't in, but if you don't need something legendary in both cost and quality and don't have a strong desire to deal with a grumpy old Dwarf, I'd gladly be of service instead~ I'm Rossle's apprentice, Regula, by the way.” From what Regula could observe, the woman seemed to be pretty strong. Her sword, however, looked rather shabby. “I'm taking it you're here for a new sword?”

0C20A96C-63EB-4B66-A5B9-DE17AD46344B.jpeg

She continued into the building upon hearing a woman handling what appeared to be a weapon that fired projectiles. Aria would smile lightly, somewhat relieved she found someone with a bit of sense of humor. Upon appraising her frame and features she seemed incredibly capable, carrying a sort of confidence that one only achieved through hardship and battle.

“Well met Regula..”
she said bowing her head slightly “I am Aria, and you’re right.” She pulled the sword from its sheath and held it in front of her. “I picked this one up when defending High Grove village, my home.” She figured it’d be best to omit any further details as she held her shoulder placing the sword on a nearby stool away from the other swords.

She looked around shortly after she spoke, she’d seen forges back at her village but nothing as specialized as what was featured before her eyes. It definitely looked like superb quality equipment was created here. Her attention then returned to Regula, as she began to smirk.

“This grumpy dwarf must be of great renown in spite of his attitude!”

Regula
UcAhsyc.jpg

“High Grove...” Regula was trying to put an image to the place, as it sounded vaguely familiar. “Isn't that in the Light Barony?” Her geography was too lacking for her to be sure, but she'd done some reading up on the lay-out the country she planned to rule over, so she hoped she'd at least remembered it well.

That said, the weapon she presented was more interesting to Regula. “This looks like it has seen its fair share of fighting. It must've been a rough battle.” She took over the blade to inspect if further. “It might've been a very fine blade, but it's gonna take a bit of effort to restore it... Hmm... Sharpening it too much might just thin it out. It'd be best to reforge it altogether...”

Regula laughed at the mention of Rossle, as she'd pretty much hit the nail on the head. “He is, in his own infamous way, at least.”

That said, Regula wanted to get back to business. “Considering you just picked it up, I'm assuming this weight isn't your preference. Could you try some of those swords out to show me what you ideal sword weight and weight distribution are?” Just like with shoes, not every sword would fit well with its owner. Having Aria try out some of the swords would give Regula a vastly better image of what type of weight and weight distribution actually fitted her strength and fighting style, which would in turn make for a much higher quality sword.

5D6ED039-9DD2-4894-9155-F7DA03D74F25.jpeg

Aria was surprised at Regulas recollection of her village, it wasn’t exactly the biggest, or the fanciest, it was more of a rural town. Her eyes widened a bit with surprise. “Wh- yes.. if it wasn’t for Lord Linneus, we’d surely be overrun.”

She’d stutter a bit before Regula seemed to save Aria from recalling the flooding of memories, addressing the sword. “I found it in the Barons armory, it was already in questionable shape..” Aria would attentively rest her eyes on Regula inspecting the blade, naive about the craftsmanship of swords and weaponry. Also somewhat embarrassed for bringing such a shoddy and poorly maintained weapon to the presence of someone so dedicated to the craft.

At the mention of trying out different blades for balance and weight, Aria blinked, somewhat clueless as she turned her gaze towards a pile of neatly arranged swords on a rack.
“I see, well.. how about this one.” She picked up a sword and swung it around, slicing the air. She wasn’t exactly sure what she was looking for. Then picking up another one she noticed a slight difference, some swords seemed to pull the weight forward, others further towards the handle.

Aria would notice a hefty looking dummy, then with a blink she teleported, appearing right in front of it and bringing the sword down across its shoulder with furious might.

The shield maiden would pull the sword out of the splintered crevice that was left upon the dummy's shoulder. Taking a deep breath she’d turn around to face Regula with a smile and a wink. “Yes, this ones a charmer.”

Regula
UcAhsyc.jpg

Linneus... The name vaguely rang a bell, as the Baron, although she knew him better by Baron Light. The fact that the girl addressed him by his given name was interesting. “Are you on close terms with the Baron?” Regula was wondering if this girl would give her a good way into dealing with nobility in the future.

Regula was taken by surprise when the girl went around teleporting all of a sudden, which might be a little overkill for just testing out a blade. That said, it got the job done, so Regula headed over to Aria to take over the blade. “Alright, I'll model it after this one.” She jotted down a few notes and took some measures, then compared it with the old sword that Aria had brought in. It'd be doable, but probably required reforging it altogether.

As Regula was heating up the forge to start her work, she decided to finally take the bait from before. “So how did you learn to warp around like that?” Considering the girl had used the ability like she had, she was likely fishing for this question.

6DC86A7F-93D4-4309-8134-1F5C5DB0A854.jpeg

Aria smiled somewhat as she nervously scratched the back of her head. “Well, I wouldn’t say ‘close’ terms..” she’d stutter. “..more so with the captain of his personal guard.” She’d ponder a moment considering if she should go further. How would she say that the last time she saw the baron, Aria had gotten into a fight with tired soldiers who questioned lord lights leadership. He wasn’t pleased by the pushing and shoving, and well, Aria wasn’t exactly graceful in higher behavior either. Trustworthy seemed too much too soon but Aria felt comfortable enough with Regula as she jotted down notes.

“I'm hoping to join his guard, he gives me a sense of purpose beyond living out my days serving drinks and breaking up brawls.”

Aria would nod at her statement about the sword's specification. “Agreed.”

Upon Regulas inquiry about warping, the young warrior would ponder. “I.. I can’t remember.. all I can recollect is rage, and a consuming lust for vengeance.” Her eyes slowly became blank as she seemed to almost relive the experience in her mind. “Then I began to feel the space around me, in a way I never had before..” she’d shake her head softly, quickly glancing at Regula as if caught in some kind of intimate act. “That’s.. pretty much it, m’lady.”

Last edited:
Regula
UcAhsyc.jpg

Regula's plan to use Aria as an entry for getting in contact with some nobility to mild jealousy. “He's a very fortunate man to have people such as yourself wishing to join his guard.” She wondered if she'd ever advance her plans far enough to have such a thing occur to herself as well, but it was clear she was still far away from that goal.

That said, the forge had warmed up, so she had to get to work. The first part of the job was pretty labour intensive, so while she listened to Aria's explanation of her teleportation, she didn't immediately reply. Instead, she focussed on making sure she heated the blade without damaging the quality of the iron. Every now and again, she took the sword out of the forge to hammer it into a weight distribution that more closely resembled the example sword.

By the time she was done, she was covered in sweat from the hard work near the blasting hot furnace, but it was a success. All she needed now was to let it cool down and then polish and sharpen it properly. The latter required a lot less focus.

It gave her some time to pick the conversation back up. “Rage made you teleport, you said? I can't say I've ever heard of such a thing, but then again, I've never seen someone with this ability in action altogether. It seems very useful. You'll probably catch plenty of opponents by surprise with it.” As she was talking, she observed the girl again. Whilst there was definitely something fierce to her, it was difficult for Regula to image her to get enraged enough to start bending the rules space.

D2528857-BF36-49D0-8F86-82D67C6939BB.jpeg

Aria had noticed Regulas expression shift a bit, somewhat curious, the shieldmaiden would start as she shifted her weight to the side, her blue eyes drawn between the fire and the blacksmith. “When you’re not tending to the dwarves' forge, what do you do?” A hand would rest at her waist as she’d stand.

“Surely you must put these fine swords to use, ever consider joining the military?”

For a few moments Regula would tend to the blade, heating the iron, folding the material on an anvil, and again until the blacksmith seemed satisfied with the results. Aria would look around once again, finding a stool and sitting close by, but not close enough to be in the way. She leaned forward resting her elbows on her knees watching her work. She admired Regulas dedication and focus.

Aria nodded. “Yes it is quite useful, although surprise has proved a valuable element I didn't have the strength many times to follow up.” She’d move her head to reveal the scar tissue that trailed down her shoulder from to the lower side of her neck. Exposing the once gaping wound to the forging light.

“I was naive, and it won’t happen again.”

Regula
UcAhsyc.jpg

Regula was a bit surprised by the sudden interest in her personal life, so she just went with the first thing that came to mind. Pointing at her gun in the corner, she'd reply. “I'm trying to get that thing to work properly. It's taking a fair bit more work and testing than I first expected it would, but it's getting somewhere.”

The idea of joining the military made her laugh a bit. “Not exactly, I'm pretty lousy with a sword... I would like to work with them in the future though.” If anything, she'd like to own the military rather than just join it, but if she was too public about it, she might just get herself arrested for treason or something.

Regula wasn't sure what to think of the displayed scar. “I'm fairly sure there are people around that could heal that, or are you the type to keep your scars as a reminder?” She decided not to go into detail about the naivety.

Now that Regula had gone through the first bits of the process of finishing up the blade, she figured a few test-swings wouldn't hurt, so she passed the blade over. “Give it a swing. See if the weight is still to your liking. I'll finishing sharpening it afterwards.”

93B67A2D-F05A-47B5-A8A9-7CF02B139CC6.jpeg

Aria would look in the direction Regula pointed, it seemed like quite a project, it seemed complex and asking about it would probably lead to an overwhelming amount of information that she wasn't exactly versed at all in any way. Regula’s chuckle puzzled the shieldmaiden at first but upon the blacksmith clarifying, Aria smiled.

“I suppose we all have our limits.” She said affirmingly. “I’m sure someone of your talents would be a great asset for any army. I mean you are a blacksmith after all.” She'd look over towards the firing device in the corner. "I look forward to seeing that complete, I can only imagine what manner of firepower could emit from that barrel."

Aria nodded slowly at Regulas comment with sudden confidence. “Yes, scars remind me of my mistakes, if I'm to become a strategist of renown I would do well to remember them.”

Aria would stand up as Regula got the bulk of the work completed, taking the nearly completed blade by the grip. She’d raise an eyebrow, impressed by the weapon she held in her hand. The balance was perfect, as she’d determine when she swung the sword about. The air wooshed as the young warrior's confidence grew with every spin of her wrist. Her silvery hair flowed breezily behind her. Before this moment she only considered swords to be simply that, swords.

“Exquisite work.” She remarked, as Aria held the sword up in front of her looking at the weapon who would become her companion in the coming days. A few moments would pass before she’d then take the sword back to Regula handing the weapon to her. Smiling innocently.

“I-i dont believe we’ve arranged a price?”

Regula
UcAhsyc.jpg

Although Regula wasn't of the same mindset as Aria about scars, she could at least respect someone for holding such an opinion. The interest in her weapon was also appreciated. “I'll be sure to give you a show, should you ever visit me again once it's finished.”

Regula nodded in appreciation of her own work, as it seemed she had gotten the weight distribution down on the first go. She took it back to sharpen the final bits, whilst thinking over the question. “We have not...” This girl seemed like one that might open up some opportunities later down the line. “Considering you brought the materials yourself, I won't charge you the full price, but if you're willing to set me up with some meetings with Ryke's finest when you made it big as a warrior, I'd in turn be willing to slash the price down to only [insert IC equivalent of 7 OOC points] for you. Does that sound fair?”

Aria nodded and smiled at Regulas mention of a demonstration, the swordswoman was fascinated by weaponry even though she didn't know much at this time. A degree of passion and camaraderie silently filled her heart.A93D2157-D3A5-45C0-ACEB-5A86AA49C7EB.jpeg

“I’d be sure to stop by again for that m’lady.”

Aria then sat back down, listening as the blacksmith continued what appeared like the final phase of crafting the blade. Upon the mention of the deal she was proposing, Aria nodded. She didn't have the reputation of a seasoned warrior, much less of a cunning strategist. If there was any way to help those that helped her get to where she aspired to be someday, she’d be more than happy to help further their career.

“Agreed. That's fair. If it's within my means I'd be more than happy to arrange a meeting.” She stated with a hint of wonder as to why she desired to be in the company of nobles and leaders. She wouldn't press further though, after all she was only but a lowly cadet if that at all.

Searching her pocket for a small leather pouch, Aria observed as the grinding stone sharpened the iron blade, once found she’d grip the bag in her hands for a bit before placing it on the table. The amount totalled to just about everything she had left financially. She heavily considered the spirit of dedication presented by the blacksmith. Aria was glad to support her craft.

Last edited:
Regula
UcAhsyc.jpg

“I'll be looking forwards to having you.” Regula said with a smile, upon the continued interest in her weaponry. With a quick agreement on the price, it looked like she'd managed to produce yet another satisfied customer and a potential future ally. She wasn't going to get rich this way, heck, she was barely striking even at these prices, but in the bigger scheme, she felt like this woman might be a particularly useful person to have good ties with. After handing her over the finalized product. “There you go~ As good as new!” With that done, it was only a matter of waving her goodbye and returning back to her own work.

FCE27CB1-0158-436A-A173-1DBAB0A308E0.jpeg

Aria took the sword, still warm to the touch from its forging. “Excellent!” she exclaimed as she waved at the blacksmith. “It was very good to meet you Regula. I hope to see you again!” Walking away, she made a note to herself to return. Seemed there were already future deals being struck.
Exhilarated by her new sword the young warrior let out a deep sigh as she put the sword in the sheath behind her back and started towards the north quarter of the city.

Isekai Hell RP Grade

It seemed that the goal of this mini rp has been succeeded, Aria got her requested equipment from Regula who in turn got her points, I'd say this rp was a success! Only thing is it probably didn't need to be so long, but different time zones so it is understandable. Now for the rewards.

Aria - 5 points

Regula - 5 points

Elvario Elvario RavenSong RavenSong

Users who are viewing this thread

Back