• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Graded [Hyroth Village] May Even These Bones Find Rest!

saxon

One Thousand Club
Hello everyone, this RP is set in the world of Isekai Hell; you can find information about the world here.

This Rp takes place following a [Isekai Hell] A Duel of Fates. The Rp follows the village of Hyroth and the recent discovery of an ancient tomb, however, the village has had several incidents with the undead. A group of adventures have for one reason or another gathered in the village.
Setting:
Location(s): The Winter Fox Tavern, Hyroth Village, Ryke
Time of Day: 11:00 AM
Weather: The sun was high in the sky there was a warm breeze coming from the south.
Goal: Solve the mystery of why Skeletons and other undead are attacking the village.
Interactions/Mentions: Dante Verren Dante Verren conman2163 conman2163 rager rager
Notes: Please link your character Sheet in your first post

Saxon_A_fantasy_village_with_a_festivals_with_vendors_lining_th_ede1320e-548c-462e-9331-f66fe3...png

The snow was covered in snow, and the sunlight reflected off the snow covering the ground. Many of the townspeople gathered outside of homes wrapped in warm clothes, singing songs of joy about the changing seasons. In this town, there sat a tavern. Not a dirty, country bumkin tavern, but a warm, clean, and festive tavern. Many of the townspeople who were not out singing were at the many tables enjoying a drink or two. It was commonplace around this time of year for the locals to gather around the tavern for warmth and social gatherings.

In fact, a White Elephant was held in Hyroth earlier in the winter season. Eris had arrived in the village the day before and the night had been quiet with no attacks. Many of the local villagers knew her since she had been to the village several times. Waving to a few people as she passed by eventually walking up to the tavern and finding a seat by the bar, she heard some of the villagers whisper about the recent attacks. To which that was the reason Eris had come though so far she hadn't seen any signs in the village that something was wrong.

crop.jpg

"Say Atticus what do you make of all these attacks? I mean do you think it has something to do with the tomb that was uncovered nearby?" One of the men spoke to the barkeep who was wiping a freshly cleaned mug dry.

Atticus let out a sigh as he set the dried mug down,
"Well that might have something to do with it Tolva. But you know what happens when rumors get spread people go looking and it's usual trouble." Atticus glared at the man for a moment before walking over to where Eris was seated.
"So what brings you here today Eris? We haven't seen you around here for a little while." Atticus stated as he stopped in front of Eris and landed on the bar counter resting against it.

"Oh hello Atticus!" Eris smiled as she closed her scriptures book and put it away in her pack. "Well, to be honest, I heard about recent undead attacks and I thought I would come over to see what was causing it. So there was a tomb discovered nearby?" Eris inquired as she rested her arms on top of the counter leaning forward with a child-like gleam in her eyes. To be honest she hadn't expected there to be a tomb nearby here. But she did remember that this was the sight of a battle field which would make sense for a tomb to be made here.

Atticus ran his hands through his dark brown hair as he glanced over at Tolva. "Yes there has been a tomb discovered nearby but I wouldn't go near it Eris if I were you. If the rumors are true and the undead are coming from it then best not go there by yourself!" Atticus warned as he turned back to look at Eris.

Last edited by a moderator:
Lucius Gallicus
Character Sheet
saxon saxon rager rager

In the back of the Tavern in a cluster of two tables sat men in attire that would be more at home on a military campaign than in a village in the Ryke. The nine men were laughing, drinking, and conversing in a language that would likely be unfamiliar to any who hadn't studied Latin in an alternate world. Their shields and pilum were carefully leaned up against a wall nearby as the group enjoyed some food and drink while trying to find some rest before setting off once again. The leader, a man with a plumed helmet setting on the floor beside him, stood up from the table. "Marcus i'm going to get another drink from the bar. Need anything while i'm up there?" The Roman asked the old campaigner before heading up to the bar just as Eris entered. He signaled the bartender for an ale and listened for a moment as he heard the others at the bar speaking about the undead that he and his party had come to deal with. Lucius and his men weren't under contract but he knew that there was always something worth looting in lairs of the undead, and he figured he and his men would be able to garner some goodwill for Windfall if they helped out other villages in the Ryke. Popularity would be an invaluable currency as he sought to establish his band as a good natured and honest group of swords for hire. He studied the priest-girl for a moment before speaking up. "If you're going to deal with the tomb, you might come with me and my men. We were going to deal with it ourselves actually."

Behind him, there was an animated conversation going on between two of the romans in helmets that marked them as officers of the group. They were speaking in latin so as not to allow any eavesdroppers to understand them. The first one, an animated younger man with handsome features was gesturing to a cup in his hand. "If you think that Roman mead is better than this then you are crazier than Ira. I am telling you this mead is far better than any I've ever found in the Republic Cassius, and I know mead!" The decisively more bookish looking man snorted in derision. "I am aware of your famous friendship with spirits. If you spent as much time doing the job of an Architecti as you did drinking we would have been able to rebuild Rome itself by now Titus." The third man was Marcus, a grizzled look with hard features and a permanent scowl was on his face as he listened to the pair bicker, but he said nothing. This was clearly nothing new to him.

Last edited:
Abel
conman2163 conman2163 saxon saxon

Abel had recently found herself in an almost constant state of moral quandary. Initially, she considered interaction with humans a necessary sacrifice that would ultimately contribute to her mission. She was mostly able to keep conversation with the brutes short and uncommon despite how damn numerous they were.
However, this naive desire to avoid the entire race had proved to be nothing but an idealistic, foolish dream. Her fear wasn't that she would begin to feel sympathy for the animals; rather, she harbored a pesky little paranoia that they might rub off some of their filth on her. She still winced when she imagined what her brother would think of her if he were to see her now, among them.

She had been dreading this expedition ever since it was assigned. Despite the walls of Ryken Academy being filled to the brim with humans, she had not yet been forced to research and document their various niche cultures in detail. She had tried everything to get out of the assignment, but to no avail. Her humiliation had failed to ebb in the weeks since. So here she was, wandering about in this cesspool among cesspools, trying to find topics interesting enough to please her professor. She was getting desperate. It had already been a couple days since she arrived, and so far, there had been no research-worthy material to work with.

Abel decided that she ought to make the best of her current situation as she made her way to the famous tavern that the innkeeper had been prattling on and on about. Abel knew deep down that she had to get past her prejudices at least somewhat in order to be able to make it anywhere in this infested world, so why not start now? Abel frowned as she felt this thought slithering through her mind. Her objective has been getting more and more unfathomably difficult to achieve.

The tavern ought to be a source of an interesting research topics, regardless of the kind of people she would receive it from.

Abel finally reached the tavern. She recollected her previous observation concerning the fact that humans have an odd obsession with warmth. Heat emanated from the windows of the tavern, taunting her. "Come in, Abel. I won't melt you. Maybe."

Abel brushed away her childish fears and entered. She quickly sat down at a single seater by a window, pulled down the hood of her drab grey cloak, and began tapping her fingers against the table in agitation. The place was crowded with people. Where would she begin?

"...if the rumors are true, the undead are coming from it..."

Abel perked up. She quickly understood that the several humans nearby were discussing something that might just be exactly what she is looking for. She eagerly tuned in to the conversation as she pretended to look out of the window.

Last edited:
Hildegard Karling
Interaction: saxon saxon
CS: Fantasy - [Isekai Hell] Characters - Current
_blonde hair, ponytail, fantasy, armor, lightning, serious, blue scarf,  s-2693505180 (1).png

So far in her short time north Hidlegard was not a fan of it. At times it was snow cold she couldn't even properly wear her armor, there was too much snow that crunched underneath her boots, and of course it was the natural habitat for a creature she once admired but now unconsciously shivered when she thought of them.... it was home to wolves. Ever since that battle in the forest the even resemblance of them made her skin crawl. Due to her last disaster of a mission she had grown too idle. For the most part she had pushed past the fear and taken a mission, a random one at that. Turned out it was another town in danger. This time instead of cults it sounded like necromancer's, or maybe a necromancer cult. She certainty had a knack for breaking down cults.

That is how she found herself in the annoyingly charming village, walking past crowds of celebrators. There was so much singing and merriment that child her would have loved. Adult Hidlegard on the other hand questioned why they were soo cheerful. If the reports and rumors were true, what did they have to celebrate. The dead had come to feast on them or even turn them into a part of some undead legion. What kind of winter gift was that? Still perhaps it was this sort of thing was what she needed to get back into the swing of things,. Nothing like a good battle against the dead to bring someone back to life.

Pausing at the door she felt a swirl of nervousness. It hadn't really been that long since she had last gone on an adventure, yet it was still nerve racking. "I beseech you lord, please still my heart and strengthen my will." she uttered a small prayer and pushed past the tavern door. With a frown visible on her face Hildegard made her way straight to the counter motioning to get the barkeep's attention. "I am here form the adventurer's guild to investigate with the recent issues this village seems to be having. Can you point me in the right way" she said asked curtly.

Saxon_A_fantasy_village_with_a_festivals_with_vendors_lining_th_ede1320e-548c-462e-9331-f66fe3...png

Eris puffed her cheeks out a bit as she was about to respond when Lucius spoke up about going to the tomb himself and offered to bring her along. "See there are more than enough people are going. Besides it will be fine, eliminating undead is sort of my thing or well kind of," Eris chuckled as she stood up from the stool and then turned to face the roman. To she immediately realized that this man looked like he was from Earth-like she was. "But I would be glad to come with you to the tomb and see what is going on there." Eris smiled as she gave a slight bow grabbing her staff which was leaning against the bar next to her.

Eris noticed a figure came into the tavern, though they took a seat toward the back. Eris then turned to look back at the roman as she noticed there was more of them at a table in the back as well. "Oh, there is more of you! Seems like you have the start to your own little army," Eris smiled as a slight twinkle appeared in her eye. Which was when she realized that she hadn't introduced herself. "Oh sorry, I'm Eris Granstone Priestess of the Goddess Holfeel, Goddess of Reincarnation and guider of souls," Eris stated as she gave another bow.

That was when Hildegard walked into the tavern looking rather worse for wear if Eris thought about it for a moment. Though the new arrival quickly moved toward the barkeeper and told him why she was there which was loud enough for the patrons to hear as well. "Well if you are here from the guild I suppose the issue won't last much longer, these two and looks like the other men in the back are about to go. Though I would encourage you to be careful, so far we have only seen skeletons attack but you never know what's down there," Atticus advised the group who seemed to be determined to go see the tomb for themselves.

"Yes you are free to join us on this search if you wish miss," Eris replied with a smile as she waited to see what the woman's response was going to be. Eris was intrigued to see what caused this whole thing in the first place, in her mind it could be a necromancer or maybe a curse put on the tomb if it was ever disturbed.

Notes:
Mentions: Dante Verren Dante Verren conman2163 conman2163 rager rager

Lucius Gallicus
Character Sheet
saxon saxon rager rager Dante Verren Dante Verren

Lucius nodded at the woman as she bowed. "Lucius Gallicus, Centurion of Rome." Lucius was surprised that the woman was a priestess of Pluto He had figured from the robes that she was some sort of priestess. He figured it was a good sign. If a death priestess was with he and his men they would have the blessing of Hades when descending into the lair of a necromancer. He hoped that she was a capable warrior as well as a priestess. He didn't want to have to distract his men defending her if at all possible. Another woman in armor that was almost reminiscent of a Lorica Segmentata appeared as well. He was surprised that her armor seemed to be made up of several large pieces rather then the iron strips he was used to seeing in Rome. He wondered if her mobility would be limited by that. He was happy to let the death priestess take charge of the party for now. If he needed to he would speak later.

Last edited:
Hildegard Karling
Interaction: saxon saxon conman2163 conman2163
_blonde hair, ponytail, fantasy, armor, lightning, serious, blue scarf,  s-2693505180 (1).png

Hildegard nodded at the barkeep's answer to her question. It seemed like the general reports were correct then. Skeletons were causing chaos and were on the offensive. That wasn't much of a surprise of course. After all when random untrained explorer start poking around in ancient tombs bad things are bound to happen. It was either a miracle or it meant that the skeletons stationed inside the tomb weren't strong enough yet to take over the village. That gave her ample time to snip this problem in the bud before it grew too much. She also found the barkeep's confidence quite refreshing, he certainty had more then she did right now.

Turning to look at the source of a voice that spoke to her, Hildegard saw a girl in a priest like outfit talking to a military man. Having a priest around to fight undead was greatly appreciated, as was a soldier or even a few. Something was odd about the man though. She recognized the style of armor but couldn't really place it. Pushing the thought out of her mind she titled her head in the priest direction. "Very well, I will gladly join you. The more to handle this problem the better." she replied before stepping over to the two and offering her hand in greeting. "Hildegard" she stated in a no-nonsense tone.

Abel felt an uncanny mixture of relief and displeasure at the notion of joining the local anti-skeleton warrior brigade. After all, it was a perfect situation to be in if she wanted to impress her professor. A bit of premature pride bloomed in her heart when she thought of the look on his smug face when she handed him the best research paper he had ever seen. The feeling was almost lovely enough to get over the fact that her prize would come at the cost of collaborating with humans.

It took her several minutes of silent, existential contemplation to gather the mental fortitude she needed to approach the group. She slowly and surely arose from her seat and approached the little team, her thoughts racing. Abel felt a small measure of guilt in her heart. Was this interaction truly necessary to achieve the end goal? Was excelling in this specific assignment a legitimate enough reason to go against her principles?

She forced her thoughts and emotions deep into the depths of her subconscious and allowed her usual composure to seep back into her stature as she came to the group.

"If you wouldn't mind," she interjected, forcing what she hoped to be congeniality into her voice. She found herself speaking to the priest woman more than anyone. There was an odd, otherworldly aura to this creature in particular. Perhaps this little excursion wouldn't be so bad if she wasn't solely in the company of brutes. "I would like to join you all on your... little outing." She doubted she would need much more explanation. The less she spoke, the better.

saxon saxon conman2163 conman2163 Dante Verren Dante Verren

crop.jpg

Eris looked around as the group expanded and now there was even a fourth if you didn't count the legionaries sitting at the back of the tavern. "Centurion?" Eris mumbled to herself as her earlier suspicions were confirmed. Eris glanced around Lucius as she looked toward the other legionaries as they all looked the part. Though she was curious as to how a cohort or legionaries had arrived in this world. There were so many questions that she could probably get answered along the way.

Turning to Hildegard Eris smiled, "Well it's always nice to have another woman to travel with, the guys don't get it always get it." Eris smiled as another woman though this one seemed a fair amount more hesitant when she finally spoke up. "Oh well I mean the more the merrier I suppose besides we don't really know what we are going to run into out there," Eris concluded as she nodded her head looking towards the door for a moment before taking a deep breath.

"So what do you say we all get a move on, from what I heard its going to take us a few hours to reach the tomb though if we head north we should run into it no problem," Eris stated as she started to move toward the door opening it and waiting to see what the others were going to do next.

Notes:
queue Travel music:
Mentions: Dante Verren Dante Verren conman2163 conman2163 rager rager

Sage_of_Contemplation,_Tedun_(Full_Art)_2.png

Hathaway Peacecraft

Hathaway sipped water alone at a table within the tavern. He wasn't against alcoholic beverages, but he preferred to have his mind in top condition before taking on a job. While nestling comfortably in his chair, his eyes scanned over the other faces of villagers huddled within. From the looks of it, they had not gotten to the point of there being mass fear and hysteria over the recent attacks. That was a good thing at the moment, however Hathaway knew if the predicament continued that their jolly smiles wouldn't last forever.

He rested his hand on his chin, while still contemplating the joyous atmosphere. He was wondering if their fun-having was inappropriate or not. Should they be worrying about their safety and potential deaths? Or had this just been too yet another cruel matter in this world that they were used to? Either way, Hathaway decided it was his duty to keep those smiles beaming no matter what the reason.

While trying to enjoy what little he could from the water, his ears picked up some of the conversations going around. The main matter that caught his attention was other adventurers talking about the tombs and gathering together to settle it. Well then, looks like break time was over. "If it wouldn't trouble you, I'd like to join along with you all in this band of yours. There shouldn't be any problem with another helping hand, yes?"

He rose from his chair and gripped the staff leaning near him. Making his way towards the group of strangers, he spoke further "My name is Hathaway Peacecraft, a simple cleric under the guidance of Elisiul."

Mentions: saxon saxon Dante Verren Dante Verren conman2163 conman2163 rager rager

Hildegard Karling
Interaction: saxon saxon Kenju Law Kenju Law conman2163 conman2163 rager rager

Her eyebrow raised for a second when the fourth official member of there group joined. This woman was rather strange with a tone of voice that irritated Hildegard. Still the priestess seemed to accept her, even with a comment about having another woman around. Hildegard wasn't exactly sure if that made too much of a difference. When it came to cutting down the undead she didn't care about anything other then the capability of her party members. That was the most important thing. Still it seemed the party was not done growing.

Another man, this time a cleric offered to join them. That brought the composition of their party to a priestess, a cleric, whatever the other woman was, herself, and a bunch of soldiers. Not exactly a bad batch to handle the undead. Numbers hopefully wouldn't be a problem... not like the last mission she went on. Still standing around in the tavern gathering more people wasn't going to help the town. "We best be going. By the divine we have a strong group, should anyone else wish to join then they will follow after us. Worst case scenario that just makes us the vanguard against the dead." She said, not hiding her desire to get moving in the slightest.

Lucius Gallicus
Character Sheet
saxon saxon rager rager Dante Verren Dante Verren Kenju Law Kenju Law

Lucius nodded in agreement with the knight. "You're right, we should get moving." He turned and nodded his head at Marcus, the old campaigner. He stood up and the other two centurions did as well, then they spoke to the five legionaries nearby and all of them gathered their gear, put on their helmets, and walked in a line out the door. Lucius looked at the other two who had approached. He thought the cleric looked familiar but wasn't sure where he had seen him before. He filed out the door with the rest of his men and would wait for the others outside. He conversed quietly with the other romans while he waited for the rest to set off.

Abel proceeded to walk serenely through the open door and waited patiently for the others to lead. She had decided prior to speaking to the group that she would interact with them as little as possible. She hoped that she could manage to float above the situation and not be forced to mingle with or even think about her companions too much for the duration of the escapade. Yet their images stuck with her even as she turned away. There was something indistinct and off-putting about all these knight-looking creatures specifically. Their bulky, clattering metal armor gave her an unprecedented feeling of dread for the humans; a feeling that she thought had long since been replaced with disgust. Abel decided that she was going to converse these metal-clad brutes the least.

Kenju Law Kenju Law conman2163 conman2163 saxon saxon Dante Verren Dante Verren

crop.jpg

With the group assembled, it was time to get a move on, Eris walked out of the tavern and started to head down the street. If the group were to leave now they would be able to make it to the tomb in question by the early evening. "Come on, I want to see what is going on at this tomb that was found!" Eris chuckled as she wrapped her haori around her body. Her silver hair blew in the wind behind her as the ribbons flapped around."

As the group left the town of Hyroth and went south going towards the direction of the tomb. The group traveled along the road and as they got close and closer to the tomb the group noticed it was getting colder. The weather seemed to only get worse as the group got closer. Eris looked around as it looked like a storm was about to roll in off in the distance. Though the odd thing was it didn't seem to be getting any closer to them.

"Something doesn't feel right, that looks a little cursed," Eris pointed out as she had a concerned look on her face. This wasn't a good omen in her mind. For all, she knew that there was some kind of undead army sitting under that dark cloud. What is going on here? I figured someone would have said something about this giant storm. But I suppose people were avoiding this area maybe? Eris thought to herself as she looked back over her shoulder.

Everyone in the group would get a chill that ran down their spines. They would also get the feeling that they were being watched by something as the air only grew colder. Though the group still had a ways to go it was not the greatest feeling considering they were still several hours away from the tomb.

Notes:
Mentions: Dante Verren Dante Verren conman2163 conman2163 rager rager Kenju Law Kenju Law

Lucius Gallicus
Character Sheet

The air grew ominous and the storm clouds that gathered overhead of the way they were traveling had an obvious source. The undead army had angered Jupiter in some way. Perhaps the foul lich had blasphemed against him. Lucius would have been happy to stay back and let the god handle the problem, but he didn't seem to have that luxury. If Jupiter hadn't struck the lich down yet then it meant that Lucius and the part he was with were to act as his agents in this fight. Lucius looked to Marcus who marched beside him wrapped in a cloak against the bitter cold like the rest of the Romans. "Take a pilum from the legionaires and tell the other two to do the same. This chill gives me the sense that we'll be fighting soon and I want everyone armed." The older veteran nodded and told the younger two to do the same. Thus armed they continued on.

Lizardman with a Musket (Craiyon).png

Darin had not been having a pleasant time for the past hour or so. It was cold, there was a nearby storm slightly overhead, & he felt like something was watching him. Simply put; he absolutely hated it. After finally getting my bearings in this world & setting off to explore or perhaps find work, on the very first trip I'm met with this?

As he walked along the trail, occasionally sending wary glances in various directions, he spotted a group of people far up ahead where his current path intersected with another. Most of them seemed to be carrying weapons & armor, & unsure of their intentions, Darin wanted to be prepared. He set the stock of his musket on the ground, & got to loading a shot with the ammunition in his bandolier; just in case.

Hammer; rotate to half-cock. Powder; pour into the barrel. Ball; into the barrel, & rammed in with the ramrod. Fine powder; pour onto the pan... Done
Darin was intrigued as to who they are & what they're doing, but only a fool would approach an unknown variable while unprepared. With his musket now primed & loaded, he continued down the path towards the group; ready to take a shot & flee at the first sign of hostility.

Last edited:

bd71f0643cafd04d5d991ca884dbd94a.jpg

A low, irritated sigh escaped Winters as he marched down the barren snow-covered roads. The cold and unforgiving bite of the weather around him showed little mercy to the lone Courier, his only defense against the chilling winds being his dark green cloak. Even with his hood, he could still feel the tips of his ears freezing off with every step he took. What the hell happened? The weather was still to his dislike earlier, but the further he traveled down this damned road the colder it had gotten. A quiet mumble of curses left his chapped lips as he continued on, momentarily debating on turning back and giving up on his contract, but a quick mental reminder of the Ryke offered to complete it kept him on the road. With his arms hidden under his cloak, Winters rummaged through his satchel strapped to his side and felt around until finding two familiar objects. Taking a moment Winters walked to the edge of the road and knelt down, turning his back against the assaulting winds and unfurling a rolled-up map of the Ryke. After retracing his steps, he figured out where he was and brought up the other item he had retrieved, his compass. A mix of relief and annoyance filled his chest as he rolled up his map and stuffed his items back into his satchel. The good news, he was going the right way. Bad news, he was going the right way. The thought of going any further in this mess soured his cold mood even more, but he tried to keep his mind focused on the money he'd received after completing his job. Gods he hated Winter.

After a moment of brooding in his current situation, Winters started to turn back south in the direction he was heading but paused as something in the corner of his eye caught his attention. A small frown slipped onto his face as a familiar tension crawled up his spine and into his shoulders, a feeling he always got before running into potential trouble. It was common for the roads to hold dangers, especially for someone in his profession. In the distance, a group of individuals marched down the road toward him, the sound of metal rattling metal reaching his ears and making the tension in his shoulders worsen. Chances were whoever these people are they were heading to the same destination he was. Why else would anyone walk down these damned roads? Question was, what was their goal? Did another client hire them for the same job he had? Or, were their goals even related? The questions floating in his mind would go unanswered for now as the group grew closer, snapping him back to his senses before walking to the middle of the road. As he got a better look at them it was clear they weren't just another band of brigands or bandits, a small relief. They were an odd group though. Most looked like your typical adventurers while a large chunk of them seemed to be soldiers, Roman soldiers to be exact. Huh, interesting.

A small breath escaped his nose as he prepared himself to greet the group and tugged his hood a bit further down to hide key features of his face. As they approached Winters opened the front half of his cloak, revealing his travel-worn leather armor and his sheathed Arming Sword at his hip. "Greetings," he said loud enough for the group as a whole to hear and held up a hand to offer a friendly gesture, though his other hand fell atop the pommel of his sword in a casual manner, a subtle show of deterrence in case they meant him trouble. His eyes examined the group with a mix of curiosity and suspicion, his gaze slowly bouncing from individual to individual before falling onto what he could only recognize as a priestess. "Didn't think I'd run into anyone else foolish enough to walk down these miserable roads," he stated with a hint of amusement, a small smirk visible below his hood while tilting his head slightly to the left, revealing a single curious golden eye. "What brings you lot out here?"

ptxoLgK.jpg
Lazarus FenMentions: saxon saxon | conman2163 conman2163 | rager rager | Dante Verren Dante Verren | Guppy Franz Guppy Franz | Voider Voider

Choosing to travel off the main road, Lazarus found himself lost in the middle of nowhere. His thick mane and the hooded ashen grey cloak that covered most his body somewhat protected him from the cold weather.

He never found the need for guides thus far. Usually relying on just his hearing or smell, Lazarus always ended up in a small town or village. He hoped he could have simply done the same, but there was something in the air that messed with his senses. An eerie feeling lingered around him as he could only hear the sound of blowing breeze. "It must be the weather." Lazarus thought to himself, trying to calm his nerves, not wanting to give in to any irrational worries. However, Lazarus' nose could not help but twitch every time strong winds brushed off against him. It was a particular smell he could not shake since he was familiar with it even during his previous life, the scent of death. The pungent odor permeated through his nostrils. It made him recall his past when he had walked through war torn countries where death was as common as the day itself.

Shaking his head, Lazarus tried to forget such memories. These were all in the past. He was a different person now, living a different life. Though his instincts told him to stray away from the scent, Lazarus' curiosity told him otherwise. He could not help himself, but he had his reasons. Despite how familiar the scent was to him, it had a distinct quality to it. "Sinister." He muttered to himself. It was the only word Lazarus could think of to describe the strange feeling that hovered over him.

Deciding to advance further, not only did the pungent aroma grow stronger, but the weather turned dimmer as well. A grim storm began to form from afar, bothering Lazarus and making him question what he was seeing. "How could I not notice?" He whispered in disbelief. Was his mind playing tricks on himself or was it something else altogether? Ever since he was reborn, Lazarus knew that his new form had keen senses, but it was only during this time that they failed to warn him of what felt like in imminent threat.

Before he could react appropriately, Lazarus heard a masculine yell from a distance. And as he glanced around at his surroundings, he saw not only an individual, but a group of travelers. Never encountering anyone vile or underhanded in his new life, Lazarus did not consider that the people he had come across could be individuals who would wish to harm him.

At that instance, relief had overcome him, forcing him to raise his arms into the air, waving towards the group as he yelled. "Greetings!" Lazarus' voice bellowed as he approached them. Happy to find fellow travelers, his bushy tail flung out from beneath his cloak and violently wagged from side to side. It took him a while to notice the other lone traveler who appeared to be in a similar situation as himself.

"Pardon this stranger's request, but would you have room for one more?!" The timing was perfect. Lazarus had feared that if he was given any more time alone, his thoughts would have consumed him. Given his current predicament, that was something he preferred not to happen. "My name is Lazarus Fen, a traveling physician." He tried to be as courteous as he could, but give his appearance and barking voice, it was easy to misunderstand him.

Last edited:
Hildegard Karling
Interaction: saxon saxon conman2163 conman2163 rager rager Foolish Heart Foolish Heart Guppy Franz Guppy Franz Kenju Law Kenju Law

Hildegard followed along silently alongside the group, sticking to the left side of them. She did not bother to walk in formation with the soldiers, as she wasn't one. She didn't really converse with anyone eiother as she was here to do a mission not to make friends. Besides the previous few times she had made friends with anyone those bonds did not last long. Looking for something to keep her mind from wandering she would keep her hands raised Infront of her, but slightly spaced apart. Small bolts of electricity danced from the fingers on one hand to the other. It was simple yet that was all she needed. It also had the added effect of helping her keep her hands warm.

She stopped her small parlor tricks once the first sign of possible trouble reared it's head. There group was coming upon a cloaked man walking the same way they were. The soldiers acted fast and one moved to issue orders to his other men. Once they got closer the man greeted them and even showed off his armor, made a point to place his hand on his weapon as well. The wise thing to do would have been to let the priestess speak, however Hildegard was not exactly a patient person. "I wonder who the real fool is. Is it those who walk the winter path, or the one who places his hand on a weapon when he is clearly outnumbered by a significant amount?" she growled back to him, slowly reaching her hand down to the hilt of her own sword as she spoke.

A slight level of excitement built up in the back of her chest, the feeling that only a possible fight can bring out in someone. Fighting against another sentient being, a clash of blade on blade felt like what she needed. It was much better then dealing with wolv.... her breath caught in her throat and heart began to beat rapidly. Her hand curled around the handle of her weapon so tightly that she was sure the skin was going pale. Her vision blurred a slight red as another creature approached them. It had a ferocious jaw, a monstrous tail that swung behind it, and worst of all it could speak. Her eyes moved away from the armored man across from their group and moved to stare directly at the wolf, a gaze so intese one might think she was trying to smite him with her eyes alone.

Darin
Interactions: none, but watching.
Lizardman with a Musket (Craiyon) 512x512.png
Darin walked down the path, towards the intersection. He contemplated what he was to do once he got there; perhaps he would wait there for them to approach, & have them make the first move. That would allow him to determine their intentions first, without giving away any of his.

As Darin got closer, he saw two figures that seemed to attempt to join the unknown group. One seemed to be a cloaked figure, while another seemed to be a wolven; interesting. He slowed down to a stop, & decided to see how those two confrontations would play out before approaching.

While too far away to hear any of the conversation, he was barely able to make out the signs of the cloaked figure, & a figure in the group, both preparing for combat. The situation didn't appear to get better when the wolven also approached.

Sensing trouble ahead, Darin elected to move behind a nearby tree, & hoped that no one had noticed him beforehand. With about ~100 yards between himself & the group, as well as a tree to hide behind, Darin was confident that he was in a safe position to watch how this confrontation would play out. I am not going to unnecessarily involve myself in someone else's dispute.

Last edited:
Lucius Gallicus
Character Sheet

Lucius put his hand on the hilt of his own sword as his men drew up into a line in front of the strangers. To the left and right of the line the officers leaned on pilum that they had collected from three of the legionaires, waiting for whatever was about to unfold. Everyone seemed to tense in the group of romans as they watched with anticipation what was about to unfold between Hildegard and the stranger. Lucius however decided to break the tension. "Hail and well met stranger, we are on our way to deal with a tomb full of undead. This priestess of Pluto was leading the way, as is only proper. What business do you have on these roads?" The rest of the Romans seemed to visibly relax aside from the most veteran of all of them, Marcus. Lucius wanted to avoid any unnecessary fights on the way to deal with the undead in the tomb. It would be best for them to be at full strength when they did and this kind of conflict, although overwhelmingly in their favor, would just serve to weaken them.

Winters
Sheet
Interactions: conman2163 conman2163 Dante Verren Dante Verren Foolish Heart Foolish Heart
Mentions: saxon saxon

bd71f0643cafd04d5d991ca884dbd94a.jpg

Winters amused smirk slightly fell as one member of the odd group spoke up, the knightly blond-haired woman to be exact, questioning which one of them was the bigger fool. He pursed his lips in thought for a moment, looking down at his hand atop his sword's pommel and drummed his fingers lightly against its metal surface. The act had become a bit of a learned instinct over his time on the road, the feeling of his hand atop his weapon adding an extra layer of security when confronted by strangers or even simply when he's in populated areas. In fact, now that he thought about it, he couldn't recall his time as a traveler without a sword at his hip. It had become his silent companion over the year and a half. His smirk soon returned to his face, showing a bit of a toothy smile as he looked back to the lady knight as his hand remained on his weapon. "You have a point I suppose, but you can never be too safe out on the road," he said before glancing down at her hand to see it growing closer to her own weapon before looking back up to meet her gaze, the single-golden eye that peeked out from under his hood never faltering. "Besides, it's a nice reminder to strangers that I'm no easy prey," he chuckled before arching a brow in curiosity as a loud voice boomed in greeting from a distance.

Leaning slightly to the left to look past the group Winters eyes slightly grew in surprise to see a rather large figure approaching them, waving enthusiastically with both arms and a violently excited tail wagging behind them. A Beastman? It had been some time since he's come across their kind, but his run-ins with them have been somewhat pleasant. Though a certain memory of a tavern brawl in his past travels quietly reminded him of their natural strengths and shudder at the thought before returning to the present to see the large Beastman introduce himself. Winters would tilt his head in curiosity though as Lazarus revealed his occupation. "You? A physician?" he questioned with a grin as he examined him up and down before scratching the bottom of his chin with a chuckle. "That's a new one," he muttered with a half chuckle before giving a light shrug. "But I guess if it brings in the Ryke," he muttered before his gaze lazily fell onto the line of Roman soldiers. They work fast, Winters had barely noticed them move, his attention having been on Lazarus.

His grin remained as he looked at the formed-up soldiers, tapping his finger on the pommel of his sword. He had expected to see a lot of things in this world, but never did he think he'd see actual Roman soldiers. It was actually a cool sight to see, but Winters would keep that to himself as he looked at the man who seemed to be the leader of the soldiers. Winters amused expression quickly fell through as the soldier revealed their purpose, a slightly irritated frown now present on his lips. Not only were they going to the same destination as him, but now it was revealed the tomb was crawling with undead. He shouldn't be too surprised by that fact, but he was told by his employer this job would be a breeze for him and that little should get in his way. The image of a fat nobles chubby, grinning face came to his mind, and let out an annoyed sigh. "Fat bastard," he muttered to himself before returning his attention to the priestess for a moment, giving her a quizzical look before looking back to the soldier with a less-than-amused frown. "My business is my own, but it just so happens we're going to the same tomb. Seems to be a rather popular spot to explore," he chuckled bitterly before looking to the gathering clouds. "But I suppose the road is big enough for us to share. No reason to be enemies when a horde of undead abominations wait for us at the end," he chuckled grimly before raising his hand from his sword and holding it in the air as a good gesture. Things seemed to have become more complicated with this job, so perhaps it was better to coexist with these strangers until then.

The tentative winds of the upcoming storm mirrored Abel's mood excellently. The feelings of guilt, disgust, and amazement at her current situation had not yet subsided since the beginning of their journey, and it didn't feel as if they would any time soon. More and more seemed to be joining the little brigade, slowing them down and significantly lengthening the amount of time that she would have to listen to her associates speak. She stood silently, always a yard or so away from any of the others, desiring not to draw any attention to herself. Her leering gaze rarely left them, however. She was pleased to find that the cruel thoughts that she cast upon them helped to somewhat appease the sick feeling in her stomach. Replaced by this, however, was an entirely different feeling; unease. An uncommon, uncomfortable set of chills ran up and down her back; from exactly what, she couldn't tell.
At this point she no longer tried to hide her desire to remain unspoken to, especially with the arrival of more dirty-blooded newcomers who might get the wrong idea about how hospitable she was in comparison to the others.
"The paper, Abel. Think of the paper," she kept thinking to herself in order to keep the regret at bay.
It might even seem to the others that, if they paid close attention, the air around her was colder in more ways than one.

ptxoLgK.jpg

Lazarus FenMentions: saxon saxon | conman2163 conman2163 | rager rager | Dante Verren Dante Verren | Guppy Franz Guppy Franz | Voider Voider

Lazarus could tell that some were not as pleased regarding his sudden arrival, but he expected as much. It was only natural to have some form of hesitancy when meeting a stranger. If Lazarus came across someone that looked like him, he too would be cautious. However, not all seemed as wary as the others. That could have hinted at their confidence in their capabilities, carelessness as travelers, or simply it was just them being kind to others. Regardless their reasons for how they reacted to Lazarus, the wolven had made up his mind and decided to join their group for the time being. His senses were telling him that it was not time to be traveling alone.

Avoiding the judging stares from the female adventurer and blue-haired fae, Lazarus chose to engage with the other newcomer and the weapon-wielding men instead. "Excuse me." Disregarding the comment regarding his profession, Lazarus chimed into the possible source of the scent he could not shake off. "You mentioned a tomb and the undead." The idea of living corpses just seemed preposterous to Lazarus but it did explain the lingering smell in the air. Although he doubted this, since his rebirth, Lazarus knew that for the time being, he had to keep an open mind regarding the possibilities of the world. "Are you telling me you're heading towards such creatures? Why?" He judgingly asked in a gruff voice. For his safety, Lazarus wanted to join their party, but if they were adventurers simply looking for a thrill with the undead, then he had met the wrong people.

Last edited:
Darin watched from behind the tree, as no bloodshed seemed to be spilled. While a bit difficult to make out from this distance, the two new figures joined the group without any visible problem. Perhaps he had overreacted... alright, ducking behind a tree because a group of people were up ahead was probably an overreaction. The cold & odd feeling of the nearby storm had him on edge though, & better to be overly cautious than to be dead.

Moving away from the tree, he walked down the path & to the intersection, not that far ahead of the group. While unlikely to be hostile, as proven just earlier, their capabilities & intentions were still unknown, other than the fact that they seemed to be travelling towards the storm. Once he reached the intersection, he stood at the edge with the musket in his left hand & stock on the ground; & as he waited for them to approach, he studied the group thoroughly.

Let's see; some kind of human priestess, probably not that combat capable, but looks can be deceiving; a group of Roman soldiers, odd... definitely combat capable, but most likely restricted to melee; a fae woman, no visible weaponry, so most likely has magic capabilities; a human woman who's probably a capable warrior, judging by the sword & armor; a human who seems like a cleric of sorts, most likely powerful at healing, but combat capabilities are questionable; the human man that was standing in the road earlier, surely armed & combat ready from what I saw; and finally a large wolven man, no weaponry showing, but he could tear someone apart anyway with his bare hands. From the looks of it, a fairly powerful group all in all.

After taking a long moment of silence to look them over, Darin finally greeted them as they got closer. "Hello there, it appears that you all are travelling towards that wretched looking storm, are you not?" Using his right hand to gesture towards the storm, he talked in a friendly & formal tone, as well as a non-threatening pose. However, his narrowed eyes studying the group, face devoid of any friendly expression, & firm grip of the left hand on his firearm's barrel betrayed his thoughts.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back