• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.
CODE BY SEROBLISS
Lucian Aster
Extra-Dimensional Sorcerer
Seeing the agitated expressions from the owlbeast, Lucian was already backing away, as he pulled his hand away from one of them that tried to bite him. He wouldn't notice the minotaur coming at him until many hands appeared and locked down the minotaur and the owlbeast in place. He would take this chance to conjure a whip and struck the beast with it, giving himself some time to come up with another attack and put down the beast. Conjuring a sword to clash with the beast's own, he would notice Michael running after Lori who was speeding towards the woods, eventually, he saw the others going along to chase after Lori as well.

Lucian would take this chance to tun the minotaur so he could follow the others, so dodging a swing from the beast he would use the time in between to conjure an axe and swing at the beast's leg to maim it, causing the beast to kneel down and giving Lucian the chance to jump on the beast's back and conjure a dagger afterward and plunged it in one of the minotaur's eyes. Using the time to escape, he ran in the direction the others went.

As he entered the desolate and dark forest, he would meet up with the others as he observed his surroundings. The forest was thick and it would be hard navigating without some form of landmark to aid them in going in the right direction, but there was no turning back lest they wanted to meet the swarm of slavemasters and beasts. He would quietly follow the others as they tried their best to navigate through the forest. Eventually, darkness took over the sky and they were forced to settle down and camp out for the night.

Lucian would listen to the conversation between Michael and Lori as Michael tried questioning why so many people were after him, which he too found quite odd. Why would they go all their trouble coming for just one man unless he did something or he's renowned for something...or he has something. Whatever it may be, Lori didn't say why and just gave his usual snarky response. Resting his back on a tree as he sat on the ground, he noticed a thick and heavy fog appearing in the forest accompanied by an eerie quietness that unnerved Lucian as he looked around.

Crymaria saw from a distance as Quenton tackled their charge much to her annoyance, the man was running his mouth once again. Glaring at him almost to the point that ice could have shot from her eyes. "Cowardly comrade Lori you should really learn to stop talking sometimes, not to mention were you really about to leave your comrades?" She inquired, waiting to see what the man was going to say as she removed her hat wiping some sweat from her forehead and ran her hand through her shoulder-length hair. As the man continued, she rolled her eyes as they slowly started to make their way deeper into the forest.

The man as he continued only seemed to lose more reputation with her as she knew some of his habits, though as he continued, it only seemed to get worse. Even Comrade Boris has better manners than this comrade, he is even a bear! She thought to herself, letting out a sigh as they pushed deeper into the woods, she had placed her hat in her pack for the moment glancing around at the woods. Looking up at the canopy, she noticed the thickness and how the weather had so drastically changed just by entering this forest. Her red eyes glanced around, trying to see if there was anything she could catch that looked strange to her. By this point, she was going to lose track of time in the gloom of the forest.

As the group started to talk once again Crymaria started to scratch Boris' head. That was when Comrade Michael started to ask questions to Lori about the slavers.
"Yes, do enlighten us cowardly comrade, what or who did you annoy to the point that they would send a group of slavers after a single man? Not to mention we are now in this strange forest because you ran away from the group," she pointed out once again, glaring at the man before she started to notice her vision was starting to dim. "This mist is strange, I can hear my heartbeat and my vision is getting worse; what is the plan, comrade Michael?" She inquired.

mentions: Xen6n Xen6n Novama Novama Clyvelle Clyvelle

5c6f8a43cd63474941a81f75afde6d23.jpg

Quenton Malady
|Human|
"Slavers don't have these perfectly chiseled hands...except maybe those bulls. They got some strong hands, I bet." Quenton replied as he yanked Lori up and tugged him along into the woods.

Unfortunately for Lori, Quenton was no obstacle course runner in his past life. The both of them were falling over each other trying to get through the woods. Sweat drenched them both in quick order. When Lori collapsed, Quenton gladly handed him off to someone else to lug around. Quenton was the first to drop to the ground in a grateful heap when they stopped to rest. For as strong as he was, his endurance and agility seemed like they could use some training.

The sunlight was greatly dimmed under the forest's canopy. Quenton knew what light they had wouldn't last forever. As grateful for the rest as he was, they would have to keep moving soon.

"I don't know about anyone else, but I don't see too well in the dark. If we're going to keep moving, we should get going." he said simply, rising begrudgingly to his feet.

Strength - B
Precision - C
Intelligence - F
Vitality - B
Speed - B
Character Grade - C

Mentions: saxon saxon Xen6n Xen6n Clyvelle Clyvelle
OOC: Lucian was injured in the exchange with all the enemies around him at that time. Went over action economy of 3 actions per post, but will give leeway for catching up. Time of day is as stated next to time. It is not evening yet. party is not yet setting camp for the day.
Time: 11:43am
Weather: cool in the shade, no breeze, dry
Cooldown: Omega B 4/4
TLDR: Party must decide what to do now that they know the circumstances they find themselves in
Post Listening:

Forests of Western Empire

d4fvdy0-67c3fec7-ae9c-4d1b-8b1c-42e65cee5ecb.jpg

Michael made a disgusted face before letting go of Lori so the man could have his space. Only a fool would run away from his only allies when there was no enemies in sight. By that point, Lori had calmed down some and was able to recompose himself. Straightening his coat and fixing his hair, he was as charming as always.

"I suppose I should share a bit more about myself. How I do loathe hearing about myself while in the presence of lovely ladies I'd much rather hear about..."

Lori tossed another glance at Crymaria with an innocent smile and teeth remarkably straight and white for the age, but continued,

"...before I joined this company on our trip to Lenshime, I was the not-so-secret companion of one of the Empire's princesses. It was beautiful evening. Full moon. Festival about for some reason or another...ah...summer solstice perhaps? Point was it was an enchanting evening when I met the princess. She was truly radiant in her gown and mask. Was cute, in a way, how she thought that alone would hide who she was with her many servants accompanying her. I knew right away she was a maiden in distress. Who wants to be crowded on evening meant to be free and fun as that festival was meant to be.."

"Can we have the short version of the story, Lori?"

Michael prompted Lori with an exasperated expression.

"..hm? Oh, yes, short, hm, well I came up with a clever plan and we hit it off. Our relationship continued from there until in climaxed in a fiery night of passion about a week or so ago. As you can imagine, I left quite the impression. She did not take kindly to the news I was ready to leave the capital and continue on my way. The rest of the story is probably much to what you can imagine. I was suddenly a very important person to the imperial guard. Even my lines of credit within the capital were frozen or seized. I had few options but the flee."

"That doesn't explain why the job was graded so low. By taking your request on, we may have put the guild at odds with the Empire. At the very least, this is a job that should have been graded more highly. We have rookies in the party. They won't be able to fend off a hoard of slavers, much less a squad of imperial soldiers if they come hunting us. Not only have you not guaranteed your escape, but you may have dragged us all into your mess too."

"My dear, the last thing i would wish is to put my new friends in peril. I admit I'm not the wisest man when my passions take me, but I am not cruel. If you assist me in getting to Lenshime, I will be sure to compensate you all sufficiently. What's more, I have a secured passage for myself on a ship out of there. The princess will have to sick the navy on me if she wishes to hold me and last I checked, they had no dolphinkin in their number. I checked. Too bad really,"

Lori mused out loud. Michael just sighed again and considered the situation some more while leaning against a tree. They couldn't stay put, they could effectively move, their destination may be a trap, going back would be difficult, going elsewhere would take rations and time they didn't have. Michael's head tapped the tree he leaned against. He didn't have the skills or training to guarantee this mission.

"Alright guys, I'm open to suggestions. Assuming we can navigate this forest, Lenshime could be a trap if the empire is made aware of the guild request and sends men or word ahead of us to Lenshime to apprehend Lori. Finishing the job would mean getting Lori to his ride and wherever else if we want the extra payment he's promising. If we wash our hands of him here and now, we might be able to avoid some trouble, but the job will be forfeit and we don't guarantee the slavers won't try to pick us up on our way back anyway."

As a side note, Michael would turn off Omega so she could recharge. No telling when she would be needed again, and he needed to keep up the illusion the party was still moving away.

Uncle Lori/Michael The Blue Knight

76c0ba8b2ed91d071e5fea246d8bfa67.jpg

Quenton Malady
|Human|
Quenton listened to the exchange between Michael and Lori, a bit dumbfounded by it all. Closest he'd ever been to royalty was the transcription of the king on his currency back in his home world. Of course, the commoners had their rumors and stories they told about kings, both real and fictional, but Quenton was largely out of his league as far as the goings on of an actual court of nobles.

"Do you love her, Lori?" He asked plainly. "It's not right for you to share her bed and leave. Don't you have any respect? For her or yourself?"

Lecturing is rarely sufficient to cause a person to turn over a new leaf, so Quenton didn't push the subject further. Suffice to say, Lori's behavior did not sit well with him. When Michael asked for ideas, Quenton was even more over his head. Dodging bands of men? The entirety of a royal princess's resources? Seemed fairly futile.

"We could just turn him over. Would probably do him good if he made up with the princess. Or let her tear him apart. Either course works. Like tossing a man overboard to calm the gods when your ship is caught in a storm, right?" Quenton said nonchalantly while folding his hands behind his head and reclining.

Strength - B
Precision - C
Intelligence - F
Vitality - B
Speed - B
Character Grade - C

Cryma Maria
CAD0F2D8-780F-4022-B2D5-DB1B87E50C1C.jpeg

Crymaria listened to Lori as he explained what was going on and why there were so many people after him. So our cowardly comrade is scum, though I didn't think my distaste for him could get much lower. She thought to herself before letting out a sigh. This whole situation was turning out to he a whole lot worse and more complicated than she had originally thought. She was tempted to just sick Boris on him and then hog time him for the skaters that were chasing them. But then she wouldn't be getting paid which was a problem itself.

“Cowardly comrade sometimes it's better if you don't tell the full story in all its detail. Just saying you slept with the princess would have been enough, though that should have been started that there would have been a lot of people after you,” She stated glaring at the man and folding her arms across her chest as she did so. Needless to say, it was very evident that she was judging the man rather harshly for the situation that they were all now in. Regardless if the decision that was reached they were involved in it now. So washing their hands clean wasn't going to be likely not did she think turning her back in a mission was a good idea either.

“Well Comrade Michael I think we are already in too deep to back out now. Not do I believe this man will make it very far in the forest so we would be condemning the man to death. Look at this comrade dies he scream fighter to you? The only place he seems to win battles is in a bed,” Crymaria caused for a moment as Boris nudged her arm with his snout to which she oattwd the bear’s head. “So we might as well get our money's worth out of this, lets get our ckmrade to thw town amd he done with it,” she concluded.

CODE BY SEROBLISS
Lucian Aster
Extra-Dimensional Sorcerer
Listening to the ongoing conversation between Lori and Michael, he came to understand that the reason why Lori was being attacked by so many people was because of some failed love affair he had with a royal princess. Lucian wanted to be surprised but just knowing the guy for about some days, he could see Lori doing it and the worst part was how unremorseful they were when explaining it like it was some sort of far-fetched memory that was soon to be forgotten.

It obviously angered him, but he didn't show it, for the most part, because of Lori's inconsiderate behavior and business with a royal princess, they were trapped to complete a mission they didn't initially sign up for. Releasing an exasperated sigh as he laid back, he took the time to recover from the battle that happened earlier.

When Michale piqued up with any suggestions from them, he didn't have any particular in mind and kept quiet as he listened to what the others suggested. While Quenton's suggestion was...odd, it would release the stress on us, but Lucian didn't come all this way to back down now so he silently agreed with Crymaria, they've come too far to just give up because some nitwit couldn't keep his pants on or commit to a relationship. As such, Lucian nodded as he replied to Crymaria's statement, "I agree with Crymaria".

OOC:
Time: 4:00pm
Cooldown: Omega B 3/4
TLDR: Party decides to put it all on the line and aid Lori despite misgivings and discover something deep in the woods
Post Listening:

"I assure you all I was nothing but respectful. I vigorously respected her and her station repeatedly. You could ask her if you ever get the chance. Feel free to allow me to demonstrate my humility if you wish,"

Lori piped up and gave Crymaria bedroom eyes with the last of his charm. The discussion of his demise or potentially leaving him behind didn't visibly start the man as much as the possible assumption he was anything less than an excellent man in all the facets that mattered in his eyes. While Lori set the record straight in his opinion, Michael sighed again, now waited with making a decision for the party. As senior guild member, he would be responsible for the mission and the lives of those on the adventure to some degree. No adventure is absolved of responsibility for one's own life when on a job, but it didn't mean the guild was full of members that only helped themselves. In order to curb party member betraying each other, quest rewards are generally reduced in the event the party doesn't return complete. The answer was not coming to Michael, so he would think on the way.

"Let's go everyone. We still have daylight and the slavers are likely only going to be slowed by the forest. We can't give them time to close in on our location before doing a better job of losing them,"

Michael didn't consider their group was likely leaving a trail to follow.

Several hours passed of the party making their way through the dense wood in the just as thick fog. To keep from getting separated, Michael tied a rope around Lori and encouraged everyone else to hold onto the rope. Whether Lori ran ahead out of fear or fell behind due to fatigue, the party could keep going and pull him along all the same. It grew dark when Michael was looking for a place to camp.

Michael's darkvision helped him lead the party only in that he was able to find a clearing when one presented itself. The fog kept him from seeing too far in any direction and that left him nearly as blind as the rest of the party. Lori had long since given up on whining and quietly allowed himself to be have yanked, half guided as he attempted to sleep walk.
The party found a spacious clearing in the forest large enough for their party. There was a ring of vegetation and debris mounded around the soft interior. It was perfect after a long day of walking/running. Michael discouraged any torches or fires being lit, so everyone was pretty much forced to bed down as best they could and eat cold rations. It wasn't pure darkness, so the party had time to unwind and consider the day and next steps.

Their brief rest was soon interrupted by the trees overhead creaking heavily in rhythm before giving way to a massive shadow that landed heavily in the center of the clearing. Large eyes that seemed to produce their own light leered down on them. The winged creature was huge in size and clearly carnivorous. A horse was crushed beneath...one half gripped in each massive talon. It's eyes looked at the party menacingly in the gloom while ruffling its feathers.

Torch light in great numbers was starting to break through the gloom not far behind the party.

Crymaria had a hard time believing what their cowardly comrade was saying. She didn't have a high opinion of the man to begin with since the trip had started. Though recent revelations had lowered her opinion of the man even more, though she knew that leaving the man here to fend for himself wouldn't solve anything they were all involved in this situation now. It would be best to see it through to the end at least that was how she saw it.

When they came to the clearing Crymaria let out a small yawn as she basically ignored Lori for the last several hours. She was tired now wither that was from the fight earlier or if it was because Lori was a person who seemed to tire out those around him she wasn't sure. "Ah yes comrade that sounds like a good idea we can get a few hours of sleep I believe," she agreed before finding a place to get comfortable as Boris laid down she started to use the bear as a large pillow.

She quickly drifted off to sleep and was awoken by the rather large creature flying overhead and landing in the clearing. Glancing around she saw the torches coming toward them. "Do you think those are the slavers or are they from something else? I didn't think they would be able to make up that much ground in this forest," she stated as she wasn't sure what the party was going to do next.

Quenton Malady
|Human|
Quenton sighed. Washing their hands of this man wasn't a simple matter. This was way more complicated than farm work. Quenton hauled himself to his feet when Michael gave the order. Was all this really necessary in his pursuit of heaven?

The woods had the stereotypical "this woods is haunted" look. Everything was shrouded in fog. What Quenton could see mostly appeared to be in some stage of dying. The overall atmosphere was fairly bleak and oppressive. The only thing that made it bearable was the bit of sunshine still illuminating the place. When that began to fade, however, Quenton found himself walking closer to the bear in the party.

"I'll be honest...walking in dark woods like these is more than a little off-putting...." Quenton said in a low tone as he glanced around.

To make matters worse, they were still in the woods when Michael would call to make camp. As fate would have it, though, Quenton saw the ring of vegetation as a good sign.

"Oh, this-this is splendid! Plants growing in a circle is always a good omen. Perfect spot, Michael! Absolutely top-notch!" Quenton said completely content to squat right in the center of the ring.

Time passed and the time for sleep had come. Quenton was absolutely sure of the good tidings the ring in which he lay was going to bring them, so he went right off to sleep. However, an hour or two later, he found himself roused with a need to piss. Blearily standing to his feet, he sauntered a short ways outside the ring and released the dam. He was mid-stream when a noise overhead and subsequent impact behind him gave him a start, causing the flow to seize momentarily as fight-or-flight took over.

Whirling around still fully exposed, Quenton found the flow involuntarily restored at the sight of the creature now perched where he had been laying just a moment ago. He hadn't yet considered that the equipment he had taken from that minotaur earlier now lay somewhere underneath creature now menacing them. To make matters worse, the glow of torchlight could be seen approaching from the far side of the clearing. Quenton absently pulled his trousers up as the avian locked eyes with him.

Strength - B
Precision - C
Intelligence - F
Vitality - B
Speed - B
Character Grade - C

OOC:
Time: 4:10pm
Cooldown: Omega B 2/4
TLDR: Party is pressed for time as it appears pursuers are closing in on them. The monstrous creature is a bird that squawks and speaks. Michael looks to party for suggestions.
Post Listening:

Lori remained napping and was not roused by the commotion of the massive bird appearing in their camp. Boris would rouse itself and attempt to make up for its cowardice earlier that day by standing between its master and the bird creature. Boris's growl was half hearted as it kept looking back on Crymaria for alternative options.

Michael would also step forward to confront the bird. It was not the first time he had seen something oversized and dangerous, but it was the first time he didn't have many viable options for escape while the party was still with him. Michael would scan the bird and the approaching enemies within 100ft of the party with his special, mana enhanced vision. Michael's lips tightened and eyes tensed at the sides as if he had tasted a lemon. He could not scan the bird. It was a powerful creature enriched with mana and likely able to give dragons a run for their money when it comes to predators of the skies. Michael's scan also revealed the numerous slavers hot on their trails. Some imperial soldiers were among their number.

Michael slid his mithril blades from their sheathes. He then spoke in a quiet but firm voice as he slowly ready the mithril for use,

"...I will draw the attention of the bird. I need you guys to take Lori and run past the bird into the trees. I'll catch up later..."

Buying time would be easier than defeating the beast, Michael would bet as he took a firmer stance.

"*screech* How rude. You come into my home and offer nothing but metal for offering? You are fortunate my dinner is already prepared,"

The massive bird squawked before speaking in an audible if loud voice. It had an accent specific to its mouth parts. Michael's determination waivered. What monster spoke common and didn't attack humans on sight? Michael floundered for a solution to their predicament,

"...My friends and I are weary from travel. We do not know where we are, but we still have days to go."

"What? You did not come to see me? How disrespectful. I allow your kind to scurry along the ground in my domain and the only thing I require is the occasional offering in the form of one of your beasts of burden. How gracious I was that I did not compel audience request and tributes. Here I was thinking finally one of your kin had the nerve to thank me for my magnanimous temperament for all these years..."

The birds tirade went on for quite a time. The slavers could hear the bird in the distance and their movements slowed but were more directed. The torchlights clearly didn't want to get closer to whatever creature was producing such a booming voice, but the direction they needed to search was made all the more apparent to them. Meanwhile, Michael turned to the party with the same look he gave them earlier that day when he asked them for ideas on how to deal with Lori. A new situation needed dealt with and fast. The bird continued to rattle off the reasons why the humans and beastmen of the western empire's southern forests were so lowly and blessed by the great bird. As the lighting in the area improved, the bird creature looked very much like a massive with a differing coloration. It's tail was split into two at the end.

Quenton Malady
|Human|
The only thing Quenton could see clearly were the piercing, luminous eyes of the creature as its head snapped to and fro. It was regrettable yet beneficial that the torchlight of the encroachers was slowly closing in. Once they were near enough, Quenton would have a bette chance of doing something constructive. For now Michael's looks would go unnoticed.

The creature was a talker. A loud one at that. It was drawing their pursuers in with its rambling. As far as Quenton could tell, the choice was get ate by this creature or captured/killed by the slavers. With his weapons currently under a giant turkey, his prospects became bleaker by the second.

Uncertain as to what he should do, self-preservation became the primary task. Looking around him, Quenton thought his best chance was to hide. Approaching the nearest tree, he began furiously climbing, relying on nothing but his natural strength. Hopefully when the fighting starts, the bird would eat the encroachers.

Strength - B
Precision - C
Intelligence - F
Vitality - B
Speed - B
Character Grade - C

Crymaria looked at the rather large bird that had landed in the clearing, knowing full well that they probably wouldn't be able to beat it. When comrade Michael told them to grab Lori, she didn't hesitate and was going to drag Lori by the collar through the forest if she had to. That was when the bird started to speak. Which made her stop in her tracks right before she was about to grab Lori, which, to be fair, she thought about just strapping Lori to a tree and hiding him up high until the slavers passed.

This is going to draw a lot of attention it looks like the torches have slowed down a bit. Though they still look like they are coming this way. She thought to herself as the bird ranted about how they should be happy they were allowed to travel through the region. She let out a low whistle and signaled Comrade Boris to come back toward her. In her experience, monsters didn't really have the ability to talk at least the creature ones. So this was new to her as she quickly tried to ponder away around this when an idea popped into her head.

"Great comrade Bird, we apologize for our transgression against you. We would like to offer you a feast if you have not spotted it already, the opposite direction of the torches over there," she paused for a moment as she pointed in that direction. "They have many beasts of burden that they have brought along with them, probably sitting outside of the forest." She concluded hoping the bird would take the idea and go destroy the slaver's carts in the process so they could get away. Though if the bird stalled for much longer she was going to grab Lori and drag him through the forest by his collar.

OOC:
Time: 4:20pm
Cooldown: Omega B 1/4
TLDR: Crymaria, Michael, and Lori reason with the bird to hitch a ride to town. Slavers rush the party. Everyone has a moment to decide if they will fly/run/fight/hide
Post Listening:

The bird barely stopped talking as its words trampled over Crymaria's. Stumbling in thought, the bird gave her a piercing glare,

"What, what?! Your parents never taught you manners? It is rude to speak when others are speaking. I've had a lot to vent about lately and no one to speak to. Should give me a moment since you couldn't bother bringing tribute,"

The bird was huffy, but stopped talking a moment to puff and collect its thoughts for another tirade.

"Good idea,"

Michael said to Crymaria, and then spoke up before the bird could get rolling again. In doing so, he channeled mana through his mithril circuits to make him stand out more in the gloom. His eyes and tattoos gave off an ethereal blue glow.

"Great lord of the forest, as stated before, we are here by chance, but I believe fate has brought us together that we may lend aid to each other. I am Michael, the Blue Knight of the adventurer's guild and this is my patron Lori, Paramour to a Princess of the Empire. I request escort to the sea side town of Lenshime. There we can guarantee not only compensation for your aid above and beyond the tributes you have selected for yourself so far, but also negotiate a relationship between you and the towns people. It is unfortunate you have not received proper acknowledgement but the locals, and we can help rectify that."

The bird pondered the proposal after nearly balking at being held up from speaking again. It lacked facial features that would hint at its feelings toward the proposal, but it at least considered Michael's words rather than immediately squawking its demands again. The torches were nearly upon them. Michael could see beastmen peeking through the trees and gloom back at the party. Boris stayed close to its master's side and growled at the approaching slavers. Some of the empire's men were among the slaver number.

"...did I also mention the selection of tributes in the town included massive fish with meat that tastes of the sea and is the tenderest you have ever had?"

Michael attempted to sweeten the deal as time was growing short. Quenton would have some of the bravest slavers start appearing beneath his tree as the slavers started to gawk on the massive bird and whisper among themselves about some 'Kite King'.

"..fish you say? It has been a while. I've never had it fresh. Only dead and dried generally. I can eat quite a bit when I set my mind to it. You'll not disappoint me, yes?"

Michael kicked Lori awake.

"Oh, we are good for it. This man is our guarantee. Right, Lori,"

Lori was barely awake before going wide eyed at the sight of a glowing Michael and a massive bird. His pursuers being to his back would remain invisible to him for the time being. To Lori's credit, his silver tongue didn't miss a beat.

"Why, yes, of course, most gracious of hosts. It would be my honor and privilege to facilitate your every need in exchange...for someone with features so brilliant and fair, it wouldn't be the slightest of hardship.."

Michael gave Lori a subtle shake. No need to hit on the bird and lay it on that thick.

"...You think my features are fair? I don't know what to say. I've been keeping to myself all this time, I've never been told my maintenance routine was working. There are few of my kind in the world, you see. It's not every day one gets the chance to know they are desirable."

Michael shook Lori again to keep him talking. Meanwhile, the slavers merely clustered around the nest's edge. Was unclear what they were waiting on. Likely for someone with enough courage or a master with sufficient indifference to send his men to an early grave.

"Yes, your feathers, soft as down, your beak as sharp and pronounced as a true predator and ruler of the skies. Colors as rich and vibrant as a rainbow after a long rain,"

"Enough, I cannot take more of your praise. All this attention and compliments embarrasses me. I shall collect himself a moment and we will depart,"

The bird declared in a shaken voice. It raises its wings infront of its body to cover its face. Michael would take the opportunity to dim the glow and make his way over to the bird's feet. Whether jumping on its back or clinging to its feet, he was getting out of this forest, but not without ensuring everyone else was on or running for it. The slavers, realizing their meal ticket would be leaving soon, shouted and charged. The party would have a moment to get to the bird and go for a flight, face dozens of slavers, or run for the hills....or stay hidden? Quenton wasn't yet discovered. Everyone was too distracted by the bird.

Quenton Malady
|Human|
Quenton was too focused on becoming one with the tree to notice Michael's plans unfolding in the clearing. The torchlight and bodies below him had Quenton focusing very intently on not ripping what must be the biggest fart of his life. Travel rations were never kind on the innards.

Quenton nervously watched as their pursuers closed off any hope he had of getting to the party or of escaping. Speaking of, as he tossed a glance to the clearing, he noticed Michael rallying everyone to the bird creature. Quenton froze--more internally at this point as his body as as still and branch-like as he could make it. His very blood chilled in his veins. Michael wanted them to get on that murderous beast? Quenton began shaking his head 'no' but stopped abruptly when he realized branches don't shake their heads.

You all have fun with that. thought he as he clung all the tighter to the branch.

-----

Such were the events that would lead to Quenton running for his life through some godforsaken wood in the middle of the night as the slavers inevitably discovered him.

Strength - B
Precision - C
Intelligence - F
Vitality - B
Speed - B
Character Grade - C

Crymaria glanced at the bird and let out a silent sigh as the bird started to lecture her on manners. When it was a moot point, she saw the torches getting closer to the group as she looked over her shoulder. Looking at the bird and then at Boris who she knew wouldn't be able to climb up on the bird. She was invested at this point and knew that she had better see this through to the end as she saw Michael start to run up to the bird.

That was when she had an idea on how to get Boris out and if the bird agreed, she would get on the bird if the bird declined, then she was going to make a run for it further into the forest opposite of the direction of the torches that were coming from as she heard the shouting. "Great Bird comrade, I thank you for the help and for transporting our charge to safety, I will take you up on your offer however, I humbly request that you carry my Comrade Boris in your talons while we fly to the town. I cannot leave Comrade Boris behind. I would also humbly request you be gentle with him," She spoke as she would wait to see what the bird had to say and that was going to decide on what she was about to do.

OOC: thanks for playing. I'll get the grade up when i can with aftermath
Time: 4:30pm
Cooldown:
TLDR: Michael, Lori escape on the huge bird. Quenton, Crymaria, Boris are left behind.
Post Listening:

image.webp

Michael would yank Lori up onto the back of the bird as it prepared itself for take off. The rushing slavers left no time for negotiations. Crymaria's request would be ignored and the massive Kite would favor its horse halves over taking Boris. Boris was fairly apprehensive at the idea of being in those massive claws. Although not the biggest of bears, he was used to being the predator. In the claws of such a creature, Boris imaged being a bird snack and didn't like it. It shook its head vigorously and was relieved when the bird took off without it. That's when the blast of air hit.

The massive wings of the bird flapped so intensely that the slavers that were moving in to apprehend Crymaria were blasted away. Quenton's tree rocked in the sudden breeze. Like that, the bird, Michael and Lori were gone. Crymaria and Quenton would have precious time to make their escape while the slavers were stuck deciding if they should give up or chase after a bird or the ones left behind.

Michael and Lori took in the spectacular view of the sun low on the horizon and the forest of colored trees below. Wind washed through their hair and tugged at their clothes while massive wings occasionally beat beneath them before gliding on warm air thermals higher into the sky.

"This is romantic, Michael,"

"Shut up, Lori,"

Michael and Lori would go on to complete Lori's quest, but at what cost?

The End

Isekai Hell RP Grade

saxon saxon Clyvelle Clyvelle Xen6n Xen6n lXlGamemaster lXlGamemaster

Fought some slavers, delved into misty wood, were hunted, and then a quick and sudden escape or diversion. Was a bit wild with how quickly a normal mission turned into something with imperial significance. There was some looseness with the combat by a couple folk. I'd recommend reading those combat rules on the rules thread. Was cool to see companion in action. While Boris did his best, an animal obviously can do with some improvements. Despite not all characters escaping by the same method, everyone that wanted to escape was able to do so.

Aftermath
the npc quest giver Lori was wanted by the West Empire. Should he ever return to the Empire, he will be arrested for crimes against the country. A bounty was put on his return if individuals wished to go headhunting to the nations he fled to.

Michael, adventurer, was considered an accessory to Lori's escape from the Empire and is similarly wanted for crimes against the West Empire. At present there is no bounty for Michael but information that leads to his apprehension would be compensated.

The adventurer's guild faked ignorance to avoid any hassle or blame. There was no quest. Michael independently took up Lori's cause and independently saw to Lori's safe delivery. No others were named in the incident. While Crymaria, Lucian, and Quenton will be rewarded rank in the guild for their troubles, they are encouraged to never speak of their involvement if they wished to remain under the Empire's radar.

On an unrelated know, one of the Empire's princesses is pregnant and welcoming a new prince into the royal family. As of yet, the father of the new prince has yet to be announced. Rumors of a disgruntled lord elsewhere in the empire has been said to have misgivings with the event and was supposedly promised the princess as a bride.

Rewards

Michael - 52 points (narration bonus included)

• Mandatory Title acquired [West Empire Fugitive F] - character has rubbed the nation in a wrong way and thus has a criminal status in the nation regardless of actual criminal titles acquired. Can be treated as a criminal while in West Empire.

Crymaria - 28 points
  • optional title acquired [West Empire Adventurer] - character is an adventurer of the West Empire adventurer guild. Able to handle the frigid boreal forests of the south or the dry grasslands of the north, West Empire adventurers are not as well rounded but can generally handle greater extremes.
    • Grade F - characters are still learning the basics. They may not be fully equipped or able to handle many quests by themselves.
Quenton - 22 points
  • optional title acquired [West Empire Adventurer] - character is an adventurer of the West Empire adventurer guild. Able to handle the frigid boreal forests of the south or the dry grasslands of the north, West Empire adventurers are not as well rounded but can generally handle greater extremes.
    • Grade F - characters are still learning the basics. They may not be fully equipped or able to handle many quests by themselves.
Lucian - 13 points

Partial Participants

Dark Witch - 7pts

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back