• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.
Mentions: Clyvelle Clyvelle NeramoDJI NeramoDJI Shatter Shard Shatter Shard
OOC: Closing in on the end of the rp fellows
Time: 1:20pm
Weather: comfortable in the sun with a light breeze
Cooldown:
TLDR: Michael, Jareth, Matt, and Cleo find a dealer in services needed. Now they just need to make a deal.
Post Listening:

The Duchy Capital City: Aslan - Full Clarity (Glass and Lens Shop)

Michael

4uSQijd.jpeg
*Shatter*

Michael looked up and over at the mirror Jareth dropped with surprise and confusion. He and been wrestling with Star Delta for a moment now to keep this exact situation from happening. He was getting a suspion Star wasn't some little girl as he released her. She immediately hissed and scrambled away to start rubbing some exisitely cut glass in the shape of jewels and other ornamentations. Meanwhile, Michael moved over to Jareth.

"Are you alright?"

Michael asked, weary from wrestling and not sure what was going on with Jareth. They had been walking around quite a bit that day even if it wasn't all that late yet. The had ate more than enough, so it wasn't food.

"Well, here's hoping Cleo can fit it on his tab too. Wonder if Regula will comp us for any of these expenses,"

Michael said hoping to lighten the mood. He always felt like a cloud hung over Jareth whenever he was near him.

The woman in talks with Cleo jerked her head at the sound of the breaking merchandise.

"I'll add it to your bill. Perhaps you would also like to add a fortune reading to your purchase to give the boy better karma, dear customer?"

The woman proposed, confidently. She seemed to be winning out in the exchange with Cleo.

0802a18e2bdfe4e6512b8cc2a8420839.jpg

230de96f6d9bcfa970723ef9e42ad29a.jpg

Matt was simply watching from the side, putting a hand on Jareth's shoulder and moving him a bit away from the glass, trying to prevent the other boy from getting any cuts from the glass. "You good there man?" Matt asked with a raised eyebrow, curious as to why Jareth just suddenly dropped a probably expensive mirror on the ground like that, wondering if the magic made him see something or other.

"I think you got this Michael, I'm no good at negotiation type stuff." He said as he passed by Michael, deciding to browse around for anything he might pick up for himself, his bunny ears twitching a moment out of instinct as he walked around the store, keeping an ear out to make sure he knew how the negotiations and the discussions were going. It would be rather foolish to just assume he shouldn't pay attention, even if he wasn't going to do negotiations himself.

Cleo Rom
"Aspiring Merchant"

Strength
Precision
Intelligence
Vitality
Speed

[ F ]
[ E ]
[ D ]
[ E ]
[ F ]

E

Active Titles:
Human | Trader

-The Duchy-
Capital City Aslan

Code by: Shatter Shard

There were eyes staring at him, however, that wasn't Cleo's problem right now. Where did the other half go?! His hand was already fishing around his pocket when the woman hinted for it. One half of the budget was there. The other one? Gone. Cleo maintained his smile, but his head was already scolding himself. Damn it! Cleo, you absolute buffoon! Though he couldn't let his silence worry his colleagues. He turned towards them with a smile. "Ah, don't worry. I was just, mulling on some things." Like hell I was! This is the first time this has happened to me! He acknowledged that it was due to his spending spree, but he strangely didn't accuse the girl of forcing him to do so. He shook his head and looked back at the woman. "Well, I-" Then he heard something break. He looked over to see Jareth next to shards of broken glass. His smile stiffened. He looked back at the woman in front of him as he tried to maintain his composure.

He coughed and smiled once again. "Ah, we happen to have the money." he said, finally taking out the pouch containing half of the budget for the diviner. Despite it being half, it was still quite the hefty sum, so Cleo was confident it was enough for what they came here for. So for the time being, he will hide the fact that the other half meant for the diviner is gone. If he was going to convince this woman, then he would need to have a Compelling Discourse. "If you could help us divine a certain someone's past, I will be glad to provide payment." He said, handing the money over to Michael so that he may give it to her instead. It was, after all, embarrassing to walk up to someone looking as if you have just gone through a long shopping spree. Although Michael had bags himself, it was significantly way less than what Cleo had right now. "As for the broken glass..." He took a few Rykes out of his pocket. "I couldn't exchange this for Aslan's, but if you are alright with it, then I'll pay it with this." Cleo said, showing the Rykes in his hand. These were one of the last few coins the were free for him to spend. The remaining money he had was for the trip expenses, which included the money needed for the portal. Unless if there's a Merchant's Guild nearby he could go to to acquire a few more gold, this budget will not be touched. "This should be enough to show our sincerity, and we hope to acquire your service." He said with a smile to top it off, though it seemed surreal when his front was covered with bags.

Abilities Invoked
[CD | 0 Post] Compelling Discourse: Etiquette F, Persuasion F, Leadership F, Insight F, Empathy F| Cleo has an excellent communicative ability, allowing him to have an advantage in social situations as he knows what words to use when speaking.

Jareth Fletcher
|Human|Eyeglass Adept|Scorned|
e7211d0dfef7eb06023bae95b5df0b4a--long-blond-hair-blonde-hair.jpg

The sound of shattered glass brought many eyes bearing down on Jareth. What had began as a gasp now caught in his throat as his breathing stuttered in and out of his chest. Jareth shut his eyes wishing he had never touched the mirror. Was it not enough that his nightmares haunted his nights? Had they come to torment his days as well? Why now, of all places? One question chased the tail of the next until Jareth's head spun.

A hand on his shoulder pulled him away from the mess. Muted voices spoke incoherently. Jareth's heartbeat pounded in his ears. There was too much commotion. The world had become too much. Should he cover his eyes? His ears? What part needed drowned out the most? Oh, if only his heart would stop throbbing, perhaps he could choose!

"I-I-I...." Jareth stammered.

Oh, that Jareth is really good at running. You can bet whenever he's scared, he'll outrun the devil himself! Cowardice is his best trait, you know.

Jareth is running through a forest. There are people after him. He's speckled in blood, but it's not his. Suddenly, a shadowed figure appears in front of him. All he can make out is a smile foretelling cruel intentions.

"I'm-I'm...." Jareth was wide eyed now staring at the shop floor once more as he perspired heavily.

What was it he was supposed to do when he was scared? What was he told? There was a trick to calm himself down, but what was it? What the hell was it?!

Suddenly, Jareth bolted past Matt to the door of the shop. Fumbling with the latch a moment, he finally escaped out onto the street; Jareth doubled over as he panted heavily, his hands gripping his pants tightly just above the knee. Beads of sweat dripped from his face onto the pavement as his mind played unwanted reruns.
Stats:
Strength - F
Precision - B
Intelligence - C
Vitality - C
Speed - D

Mentions: Clyvelle Clyvelle NeramoDJI NeramoDJI Shatter Shard Shatter Shard
OOC: It is the end. We made it to the end. Assume your character behave competently in Michael's absence.
Time: 1:30pm
Weather: comfortable in the sun with a light breeze
Cooldown:
TLDR: Cleo is able to seal a deal, Matt is left to baby sit Star Delta and Cleo, Michael and Jareth disappear
Post Listening:

The Duchy Capital City: Aslan - Full Clarity (Glass and Lens Shop)

Michael

4uSQijd.jpeg
The storekeeper quietly contemplated the proposal from Cleo. Despite the glass shatter a moment ago, the room was already eerily quiet. The woman finally nodded her head,

"Your sincerity has been heard. We will assist your client in 'her' needs. Come with me into the back to sit down and discuss the details."

The women then turned and seemed to glide acorss the floor with her sure, precise steps to lead Cleo.
Jareth's sudden departure prompted Michael to chase after him. It at least seemed like things were in hand in the shop for the moment.

"Matt, look after Cleo. Make sure the job gets done."

Just before Michael went out the door, he whipped around violently and pointed Star Delta as she was petting a very delicate and pricey looking sculpture.

"...and make sure 'that' doesn't break anything either! Cleo's got enough to contend with."

Michael then exited the shop, the door quietly shutting behind him. No sooner had Michael left than Star immediately got up with sculpture in hand and went after Cleo to pester him to buy it for her as the greatest guide ever.

Outside, Jareth would find the streets ominously barren. He would likely not notice, but there was no one else on the street. The shop wasn't on any main walk way, but there had been several people in the area prior to them entering the store. Then a woman appeared, walking into view and then pointing at Jareth as if she knew he would be there before she saw him.

A woman of long, red hair; mature womanly figure; and a red dress equally striking; It was Elizabeth the Fortune Teller. Despite her smile and confident posture, her eyes were filled with pity. Immediately after she pointed, the streets filled with mist that quickly obscured vision. Michael rushed to Jareth's side as the mists closed in and flowed past them into the side of the lens shop. The mists flowed like a flood, gradually dispersing down the many connecting streets. when the mists were gone, Elizabeth, Jareth, and Michael were no where to be seen and no trace of them was left.

f2924f547162fd6f391eb75683279dee.jpg

The End

Last edited:
Isekai Hell RP Grade
A fairly linear rp, but hopefully it was fun or amusing. The Duchy is a big place with a lot more than what we touched. Feel free to run more rp's in it to further flesh out the setting. Some people were more consistent than others, but overall, we had good participation. The no combat scenario led to very little of the mechanics getting used except for the Business man. Just shows a weakness in most of the characters to handle social situations in an ideal way. Social skills aside, knowledge skills can be leveraged too.

Aftermath
Star Delta went on to enjoy her gifts from Cleo. Posted on all her magical social platforms how loved she is as a city guide. Tried keeping in touch with Cleo until she realized he didn't have a catalyst with a screen.
Cleo was able to seal the deal with the diviners. He would not feel great about the deal, but he didn't wind up in the poor house either. He would note areas of improvement for the future.
Matt was successful in looking after what was left of the party. He would not be able to find Michael and Jareth but made a report to the Adventurer's Guild to note the mission was complete and that Michael and Jareth were missing.
The diviners reached out to Regula at a later time.

Rewards

Michael -
34 points -
  • optional title acquired [MIA] - character has been reported missing and faction(s) have mobilized to find them. More NPC's and PC's may invade threads of character wearing this title to try and find them.
Jareth - 23 points
  • optional title acquired [MIA] - character has been reported missing and faction(s) have mobilized to find them. More NPC's and PC's may invade threads of character wearing this title to try and find them.
Matt - 15 points
  • optional title acquired [Body] - character has proven to be an entity that exists and takes up space. Character may or may not accomplish much. Character may be fairly forgettable. But there is no arguing they are a body taking up space and worthy of being acknowledged as an existence. If existence is ever questioned, this title proves the character exists.
Cleo - 23 points
  • optional title acquired [Closer] - character has successfully closed a business deal. character now has experience to look back on for future deals to make them easier to make for more favorable outcomes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back