• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Graded [Clockhaven City] Kinship and Smoke

zzzShion1.png
(Iberis' brief response to Shion was offered by TheTimePiece.)
"My apologies, Chandra, I misunderstood your meaning. Yes, that should be easy to manage so long as I'm near all of you." Shion nodded in assurance once the vampire corrected Shion's thinking.

Kelsey's brazen and tactless desire to score a good night with Sophia-and seemingly Chandra too if she could manage-got on Shion's nerves. She did her best not to let it show, but a slightly furrowing of her brow occurred even if for just a few moments before she regained herself. She viewed such bonds as far more intimate and with those you loved, not some random stranger you just met because you think her bug arms can satisfy your curiosity for the night. She has given me no reason to trust her...much less like her...Morana better be right about her...

She was able to put it out of her mind thankfully since she was rather curious about Chandra's response to the halfling's proposal. She remembered that Chandra never reciprocated those feelings directly, at least publicly, but even so this was something she didn't expect. Was she...was she unfamiliar in how these relationships worked? She definitely oversold her desire to pet her tail, and she had this...aloofness to her that Shion presumed wasn't just an act like earlier. She wondered if this would lead her to potential heartbreak being unfamiliar with how such things worked, but there was a time to get involved and a time to let things run their course. If Chandra wanted her advice on the matter, she simply need ask.

Scylla proceeded to get some flak from Morana about her choices, perhaps a bit harsh, but she was more surprised it took her this long. She had teased Scylla enough, this time she'd actually try to help her out. She approached Scylla and after Cayde offered his encouragement to the witch, she bent over so she could be eye level with Scylla and smiled at her, Shion's tail swishing about behind her. "We all learn at out own paces, Scylla, there is no reason to be ashamed with making mistakes. Fail forwards towards success, rather than away and give up. It'd probably be best if we leave Sverre with Morana, a big hunk of metal won't do much for stealth."

Shion stood up again and walked over to Iberis with a hand held up for a high five, but not so high the mage couldn't reach. "I believe this is an appropriate use of this gesture, yes?"

Iberis's smile only became brighter at seeing Shion offer her the high five, Even with Shion being a deal taller than her, with it being at the appropriate height she high fived Shion.

Shion smiled back, glad she'd kept up with human gestures over the years. Hi-fives they were called, right? She hadn't been apart of many back in her world, but she tried to keep in mind its relevance since there were a couple times it felt invigorating. This was another one. She proceeded to be on her way out along with everyone once things were solidly discussed before stopping by Morana and placing a gentle hand on her shoulder that wasn't metallic. "If nothing else, think of it as a break from Scylla." She whispered to the woman before they were out the door, chuckling slightly as she walked away from Morana.

--

"My only request is to try not to go crazy with your thoughts right now." She asked of everyone present as the irises in her eyes began to glow once more. She wasn't attempting to [Mind Link] with anyone right this instant, but her mind entering the abstract now would both help keep her focused on her task at hand as well as not raise the thrall's immediate suspicion should she see Shion's eyes light up. Instead, if it was perceived as her constant state of being, it'd be easier to sell as nothing out of the ordinary.

"Chandra, Cayde, if the thrall questions my peculiar disposition, I'm trusting both of you to help me out. Trying to tell a convincing lie while I'm floating between seven people's minds waiting to relay anything will cause...complications I imagine." She requested of the two best talkers they had in the group as she stood back with Scylla and Sophia. She positioned herself behind Iberis as best she could, wishing she could be up front instead, but she agreed with Chandra's plan so she'd take the backseat for now.

--
[Mind Link F]: [Magic F], [Telepathy F], [Empathy F] - Her Mink Link isn't presently targeting anyone, her mind is just existing in the flow between everyone's minds ready for something to go wrong. Extreme/Intense thoughts would probably catch her attention though.

Sophia Smith

sample-e25e620a4ac0f2f48f2b6f686977373b.png

Sophia nodded as she was advised that it would be OK, following the group as it moved towards the lab. She walked up behind Kalina, lightly tapping her on the shoulder as she said, "I really would like to talk with the two of you sometime soon. It's about... past things." She did her best to be vague, not wanting to step on either person's toes, but thinking it might be a good idea to talk as soon as they could, since she was positive that the thrall they were searching for wouldn't pop out too easily. After all, if this was all it took, she didn't doubt that they would have been dealt with already.​

7E34647D-185C-46A4-986F-E90DB0F2A3E0.png

She gasped at the half flings rude questioning, "Yeah, I am!" She made a frown, however, it appeared, fake. "You got a problem with that, Kelsey, or should I say, 'Pervy'?

Who was this 'little lady' to question her position?!

She almost felt like her words had fallen on deaf ears, and well, who could blame anyone for doing so? However, after Cayde began to speak she softened her posture a bit. Truly, this was a surprise! "S-safety net?" She repeated a bit incredulously at first, but then seemed to see what he meant, "Oooh! I see what you mean now!" She whispered loudly, getting in Cayde's face, "Things go south, and 'miss purple' does as she does best as save everyone!" Scylla then patted him a bit on the shoulder, "You're an excellent second in command sir Cayde." She smiled brightly.

Although people were beginning to understand her demeanor, one in particular resorted to flat out insults. Her gaze shifted suddenly to Morana who was spewing all manner of vitriol. The witch raised her eye brows, bringing her hands over her chest in feigned frightfulness, gasping at every curse word that came out of her mouth. "Well, well, well!" She said shocked, "That's quite the mouth on you! Phew. What a temper!" She'd pick her hat up however, "No, no brain in here.." Looking in her leathery hat, "..just my book, a few scrolls with scribbles in it aaaaand your hatred for me!" She winked at Morana, "Oh, i'm sorry sugar plum." She said with a feigned frown, "But seriously, let's follow your guys idea. Mr.S?" She looked over to the construct, fluttering her eyelashes, "What do you say we just stay behind with the others and sort of.. I don't know.. watch. How does that sound? Less pain. More entertained! Have you ever played paper, rock, scissors?" She looked at Morana, "Oh, don't be so bitter, how about we settle things with a game? Like.. 'I Spy' when we return?"

---

Walking beside Sverre, Cayde seemed to open up about something, again, surprising the witch with his completely left field comments and statements. "Y-you think im a great leader?" She repeated again, his words seemed to take time to process often. "I- we- I mean.. thank you." She held her arm, brushing it a bit as he mentioned how important she was, accepting compliments was something quite difficult, "W-well that's great! I assure you I will not let you down! Somehow, either lucky or intended I'll figure out a way to get us through this!" She giggled at herself before his next inquiry, "Uhhh.. cooking? Oh! A plan! Heh, yes, well sort of.. it depends on what we can assess about this 'thrall' you know? But I'm intending to Mr. S to jump in there at some point- err.. did I say that? I meant, if things go bad he'll jump in there, 'then' and only then! Well.. if I lose a 'paper, rock, scissors game then.. he gets to do what he wants."

As they approached their destination, Scylla was well aware of Sophia wanting to have some time alone for something. The curiosity was eating at her as she walked, falling behind a bit behind the others tapping the fae on the shoulder, "Hey.." She whispered, acting a bit childish as these things reminded her of her much younger days, "..so what is it? Do you want to tell me some juicy gossip about K- I mean.. C-chandra?" She looked at Sophia expectantly.

Last edited:
Third Factory Street
Widersia – Capital – Clockhaven – Third Factory Street
Time: 19:00 Weather Light drizzle, early evening, getting dark
wPW5LOC.jpg
Mentions: Iberis TheTimePiece TheTimePiece | Cayde The Last Curse The Last Curse | Scylla RavenSong RavenSong | Shion Sharena Sharena | Sophia Silent Angel Silent Angel

Morana had left them in a bit of a sour mood. She'd grumbled in reply to Iberis. She'd silently started at Cayde, unable to speak up against him due to her commands from Fromm, but clearly not liking it one bit. Scylla, despite eventually agreeing, had made her blood boil. The only one that made this slightly less bad was Shion. A break from Scylla? That sounded at least somewhat nice. Mr.S eventually stayed 'behind' somewhere (although I don't know where, so I'll say he went with Morana after all). Morana and Sverre would end up meeting up with the Vampire Hunters first.

Yurena

tumblr_p58r2qWqwY1sn3ne4o1_1280.jpg

href.li

She was surprised when she felt Sophia tap her on the shoulder, stopping in her tracks for a bit. She hesitated for a second, but then quickly pulled Sophia in for a hug. “Once we deal with the thrall, alright? I'm sorry. I've really got to focus on becoming more of a nasty, mean monster right now. If my mind's elsewhere, I might not be deceptive enough.” She she let go, flashed her a smile and got into her act. She pulled up a chin, looking down on Sophia. “As if a filthy Fae is worth any of my time. The best you're good for is to be a blood supply.” She looked down upon Sophia as if the latter was nothing more than a juice box. (Deception D).

On the topic of being in her 'act', she still had to reply to Shion telling she'd manage. She hoped Shion would also understand she was just getting her act on when she spoke up to her. “Good, the mutt's good for something.” That was something a [monster] would say, right? Right. She didn't respect them. She didn't love petting that tail. She'd much rather hurt it... yes. That's who she was meant to be now. This was going to be tough. Of course, were Shion to read Kalina's thoughts, she'd instantly know the opposite of what she was pretending to be was true. She'd genuinely taken a quick liking to Shion and not just for her tail. She smiled at Shion's request. “Your disposition? I think the thrall would understand that I like having a lapdog around~” She managed to sound fairly convincing (Deception D) on that one. Her thoughts being the opposite of her words, well, she did like having Shion around, she would simply never consider calling her a lapdog for real.

Kelsey
vFt3xH5.jpg

m2cKMHe.jpg

Kensei

“Pervy and free!” She replied to Scylla. She had a problem with her leadership, but with everyone else suddenly backing Scylla, she decided it was best not to mention such.

Aquaculture Labs
Widersia – Capital – Clockhaven – Third Factory Street – Aquaculture Labs
Time: 19:25 Weather Inside, water leaking, fairly dark.
jVZsXAU.jpg

Eventually, they made it inside the Aquaculture Labs. It was eerie and silent. Some water dripped down the ceiling, but it was unclear where it came from as it wasn't raining outside. They didn't have to walk around for long, as they eventually walked into 'her'. It was pretty clear who and what she was...

???
uTs0SIA.jpg

She stood in the middle of a room, in a ray of light. Silently staring through the window into one of the water tanks. Without turning to face those that arrived she spoke up. “You're of our own kind, but you bring those that aren't. What is your purpose?”

It seemed like, even without watching them, she had a good grasp on who was there. Those with perception (higher than F) would notice she'd adjust her position ever so slightly based on all those present. It was likely a good thing they hadn't brought a severely unstealthy construct like Sverre or a bloodthirsty Morana along, as they'd likely have been fighting already if the had. It also seemed like they would have to be very careful about their words and actions, as this thrall seemed ready to strike a moment's notice. Highly on edge.

Yurena

href.li

This was it. Her time to shine. To act and deceive like she'd never done before. “I've heard your mistress is recruiting. I've brought some folk interested in joining. So don't waste my time and tell me where she's at.” She stated, sounding aggressive. (Deception D). That's the way of the [monster], wasn't it?

“You're claiming all of them are foolish enough?” That was an odd reaction from the thrall. If she was working for someone actively trying to recruit people, such a statement was counter-intuitive. Even Kalina was taken off-guard for a slight second, quickly trying to get back into her act.

“What can I say? They like my charms.” She smirked, trying to suggest she didn't deem a mere thrall worth a real answer. That seemed to.. sort-off work?

“You know, I'm commanded to murder everyone that seems to show even the slightest intent to harm my mistress. Even trying to figure out things that can be used against her count as harming her. Are you sure you're just here to deliver new recruits?” Was that a threat... or a warning? Or both? She seemed to imply something in her words, more than there was at the surface. That much was sure.

Kalina wasn't entirely sure how to react. “I'm not here to waste time and play games, thrall. I'm here to make a deal with your mistress.” Hopefully that bluff would work.

Finally, the thrall turned around, revealing her mutilated-by-metal features in full.

“Aren't you a sight for sore eyes.” She stated, once again as deceiving as she could to make her voice drip with ill-intended irony and sarcasm. She knew a [monster] wouldn't show sympathy and her only way to successfully abstain from doing so was to act even worse than simply doing nothing.

The thrall remained silent, but Kalina's bluff seemed to work. She was still on guard, but ever so slightly less so. However, on the hand, she looked a bit more... uncomfortable? Nervous? Regretful? It was tough to pin her emotions down as she turned to the others in the group.

“Tell me, why are all of you foolishly committing to this fate?” She stated, looking them in the eyes one by one. Was she testing them? Was this commanded to her by her mistress? Or was this her own choice? It was unclear.

“Mind your words, lowlife. Just who the hell are you meant to be serving here?” Kalina knew she took a risk with those words, but... they went ignored. That was odd. Very odd. She didn't know what to make of this. This was definitely not what she'd expected at all. Perhaps someone else could make some sense of this. Hopefully.

Last edited:

"I'd.. I'd love to but.." Yurena then seemed to interrupt with her new form, it was quite an erotically threatening sight for the witch, whom she seemed to cower under the vampires current form.

They'd eventually get to the Aquaculture Labs, her shoe's making a bit of a mushy sound that echoed softly through the vast expanse of aquariums and water leaks. "W-what is this place?" She stuttered, "It sort of reminds me of a book I read on the Duchy. Lots of water. Lots.. and lots." There was an eerie chill in the air that Scylla's magic sensitivities would pick up. There was a different sort of magic in here. Perhaps, something different altogether.

She let Yurena do most of the talking, however she was shocked the vampire had known they were in there the whole time. They weren't exactly as silent as the grave but still, it gave a hint into this thralls potential power. Surely, she was very powerful.

She stood upright, a bit stern and solemn which didn't betray her inner concern.

When the vampire looked at her, Scylla met it equally. "Oh merciful guardian, I beseech you to look upon me as a worthy. I desire nothing more than to further your masters will, which is why I stand before you here today. I pray you accept our sacrifice to serve, and as servant of the underworld, accept mine in blood."

Holding her hands entwined together, she took a few steps before using her [black magic F] to inflict profuse cuts upon her own palms. The witch would fall to her knees in pain as the magic created sudden gashes. Then bowing her head, she'd cup her hands up at the thrall, as her vitality pooled in her cupped hands. "I am completely, devoted to serve your master." Being the leader required to make the greater sacrifices, even if it meant this thrall would feed on her until she was beyond the threshold of death, she was willing to take that chance. If she died, she'd just go back to the underworld and return from the Black Pool. But.. it always required some to enter the Underworld.

Last edited:

Cayde nodded along amiably as Scylla relayed her part of the plan. He couldn't help but let a smile come across his face. Even after all the doubting, she'd still kept that optimistic demeanor. It felt infectious. It felt familiar. "Heh, see? That's the kind of plan we expect from our safety net," He chuckled, "Sounds reasonable. But if there's anything you wanna change, don't be afraid to reach out to us, yeah?" Cayde gave her a friendly nod and shifted to Shion, "Got you covered, Shion. I'll set a base we can all build on," He said, giving her a thumbs up, "Nothing to worry about. We've got this,"

That reassurance kept rebounding in his head as the party explored the Aquaculture Labs. Then, silenced as he laid eyes on the thrall. A shiver of unease and curiosity crawled down his spine as she addressed them. Something was off. Maybe it was just his nerves, Cayde thought. But the way she spoke, the way she moved, suggested hesitance beyond that of suspicion. Almost as if she didn't want to do this.

Before his eyes could soften, Cayde peered at Scylla as she stepped forward. Surprise tugged his lips upwards as he watched her display. Unexpected and oddly visceral. Perfect. "Good going, Scylla," He thought before facing the thrall. She'd done her part. Kalina did her part. Time for his. "Why? Because it's the last thing we can possibly do," He replied earnestly, hoping [Persuasion - F] and [Deception - F] would give his voice the conviction it needed, "We've all lost a piece of ourselves. Some of us more than others. And no one has come to our aid. No one seeks to fill our lives with purpose once again," He shook his head solemnly, "We're tired of it. We need to be a part of something greater. Something more than weak frivolities. Your master can give us just that."

Cayde slowly dropped to a knee, "I know. You shouldn't give us your pity. And we don't deserve it. But please, keep in mind we not only want to serve. We want cooperation," He met the thrall's gaze, eyes stern underneath his mask, "There are rumors in the city. Talks of certain figures planning to hunt you and your master down," He said, nodding slightly, "They're not as sneaky as they think. We have information. I think you might find it very helpful,"

Iberis Odhir
c1c09798754ff7edcdb17e719dc490d4-1-1-1-1-1.jpg
Elvario Elvario The Last Curse The Last Curse RavenSong RavenSong Sharena Sharena Silent Angel Silent Angel
Frankly Iberis didn't care much how annoyed Morana seemed to be. She wasn't going to just stand around and let Scylla be dog piled with people who were questioning how good she was. She knew that Scylla was great and could most definitely lead. She was quite pleased that Cayde had joined in as well, which made her feel like he really did understand things well. Then there was 'Yurena' who was now putting on a stellar show of sorts, the acting was quite convincing as far as Iberis was concerned to what people in the world considered a typical [monster] to be like. Iberis didn't have too much to say with not many addressing her directly up front, talking amongst themselves.

Once they were in the lab, Iberis stayed close to the group and couldn't help but look around curiously, she hadn't quite been in a place like this, but it was safe to say that was true for most of Widersia. Given how much water there was around them, it dripping down wasn't exactly the most reassuring from an architectural stand point either. Truthfully this whole place was fascinating, and if Iberis wasn't there on important dangerous business she would have enjoyed exploring it more for what it was.

Iberis gripped her staff tightly yet again like she did when things were feeling tense, at the sight of the Thrall who was right there. This was the one who had caused so much trouble already, never mind who her mistress was. Despite this Iberis was not going to let it show on her face any shred of nervousness, she had gone through hell and come back. Not to mention the thrall just asked a really good question, why had Yurena brought a bunch of non monsters with her? Thankfully Yurena seemed to be quick enough on her toes to respond accordingly and stay in character. The thrall was reasonably inquisitive and cautious. While Yurena and the Thrall exchanged dialogue Iberis kept a darker than usual look. The mutilated by metal look wasn't anything that Iberis hadn't already seen in Auldlich's visions so Iberis managed to not be surprised.
When it finally came to the thrall questioning why they were interested in joining, Iberis thought it'd look to calculated if they all decided to grovel like Scylla, one of them doing it was fine. Then there was Cayde who also kneeled down and said how they needed to find purpose again much like joining a cult, so just to keep everything convincing Iberis decided she'd divert from both Cayde and Scylla's presentation a bit.

She tapped into her [Deception F] and said with a bit of a vicious looking smirk,
"Listen, I don't really care what you consider foolish or not. All I Know is that after being on the streets, and treated like some freak," She'd say while exposing her undead leg to the thrall, "While a greater purpose is appreciated, I'm interested in getting more powerful, and I don't really care who I have to slaughter to achieve that goal, if they want to treat me like a monster, then I'll show them a monster.." Iberis said in an intentionally unsettling fashion, the near sadistic glint not leaving her eyes.
"I do not fear death so danger means nothing to me, and I believe undoubtedly that your Mistress can help point me in the right way to fulfill my goal, in exchange I'll swear my loyalty to her cause., all she needs to do is tell me what to do and how to do it, and I'll obey..she points out who needs to die and I don't need any more information, I'll make it so. "

And with this act Iberis felt that she helped bring some diversity to the table of motivation and character type regarding the new 'recruits', hoping that while speaking with part truth would help additionally supplement her lie in believability with the fact that her Deception was F.

zzzShion1.png

The conversation with the thrall was going smoothly, Shion hadn't flinched at all to Yurena's barbs as looking too submissive might not sell that she wanted this just like everyone else. Then the thrall began to pointedly ask them, and Shion tensed up. She didn't say anything, she asked Chandra and Cayde to handle the talking for her. Her mind was too open right now that hearing even one thought too intensely at present could reveal her hand if she reacted to it, and that'd be very hard to come back from. Then everyone started to answer, and the negativity coming from those who hadn't shown hardly any since being here began to weigh on Shion's mind.

She kept her breathing steady, she kept her eyes focused on the thrall without speaking. Maybe one of them could lie about her being unable to speak properly or something, anything. If she was forced to answer right now, the emotions she was feeling she...she wouldn't be able to hold back. Her [Mind Link] reached out towards Chandra.

"Please...please don't make me answer..." This was the first time Chandra would hear Shion sound so vulnerable. Her telepathic message...it was filled with fear. Fear of being honest, of what would come out should she speak right now which the only way she could without breaking her concentration would be from the heart.

I hate humans...No! Stop! Shion, calm down...you won't have to answer, it's fine, just...focus on everyone else...

Shion slowed her breathing, her mind beginning to peer into everyone's around her. If she sensed any discomfort or shaken resolve from them, she would instill a peaceful, serene image into their mind to hopefully calm their nerves. What would she provide for them? She knew, it'd help her calm down too. She'd think of one of the first forests she ever dwelled in. Its calming nights illuminated by the spirits at play, prancing about with her father and the young spirits wishing to play. It mentally brought a smile to her face, such simpler times back then. Such simpler times...

(Should anyone become disheartened or lose resolve over the next round, this is the image Shion will place in their mind to help them calm down. Dealer's choice if you wish to witness Shion as a young fox kit and her father both in kitsune forms as described in Shion's memory, or if you just see the forests and spirits that works too.)
1684645773169.png

Last edited:
Sophia Smith

Once she was asked about gossip, she shook her head. "I'd rather Kalina talk about it over me, since it is something that has to do with where she came from. So we'll have to wait until she's ready." Once she heard that Kalina wouldn't be ready until after this was dealt with, she gave a small shrug, following the vampire diligently, crossbow within arms reach if anything went sideways.

She did not like the look of the thrall, and the way she talked seemed almost grating. She grit her teeth, but did her best to look uninterested. That was, until she was asked why she was committing to that fate. She smiled brightly before saying, "Because my mistress wills it~ I would do anything for her, so I don't care what it is, i'll follow her orders to the letter! She's just that wonderful. I can't refuse her~" She giggled, looking with adoration at the vampire before looking to the thrall, biting back the next words that she was certain would be taken as an insult.​

Aquaculture Labs
Time: 19:30 Weather Inside, water leaking, fairly dark.
jVZsXAU.jpg
Mentions: Iberis TheTimePiece TheTimePiece | Cayde The Last Curse The Last Curse | Scylla RavenSong RavenSong | Shion Sharena Sharena | Sophia Silent Angel Silent Angel

???
uTs0SIA.jpg

The thrall looked at Scylla with barely hidden emotions. Scylla's first words made the vampire scoff. After all, without any deception to them and with no persuasion used, they didn't sound particularly convincing. In fact, the scoff turned into a bit of distrust, as she twitched ever so slightly to become battle-ready. Those emotions turned to disgust when Scylla cut herself with black magic to offer her blood. When she made a claim as clear and strong as promising complete devotion, without any deceptive skills to speak off, the more perceptive (F perception or higher) folk would notice the thrall was ready to strike.

Yurena

href.li

“Hold!” Kalina stepped in, realising what Scylla did was bound to fail thanks to being rather [Critical]. ([Critical] Character has an easier time finding fault with anything and anyone. They are less likely to be caught speechless or without an opinion.) “Don't mind her little act, she's still learning. She's afraid of getting bitten, so she puts up little acts like this, hoping to avoid being bitten by letting us drink from her hands like we're her pets, instead of doing it the proper and direct way.” She hoped that, with (Deception D), she'd be able to convince the Thrall.

The thrall didn't seem entirely convinced, but relaxed again. Crisis averted. For now. It was probably a bad idea for Scylla to be making strong claims without any deceptive skill to speak off, which explained why Kalina had asked for Cayde and Iberis to back her up instead. That said, Kalina did figure Scylla might be able to convincingly play along should someone else initiate a lie, which she figured might be needed sooner or later.

???
uTs0SIA.jpg

Cayde wasn't an expert at deception, but it seemed like the thrall wasn't an expert at uncovering lies either, as she silently stared at him. It seemed like she wasn't sure what to believe, perhaps due to their deceiving and truth-finding abilities being at a stalemate. It's probably why she replied with questions.

“What type of greater thing do you seek? Servitude? Power? Destruction?” She shook her head. “My mistress doesn't offer cooperation, she only offers a chance at servitude.” Upon the mention of people planning to hunt them down, she sighed. “I've had to cut down many of them already, if they haven't gotten the message, that is their own fault.” One thing would stand out to those attentive (insight/empathy F or higher), she stressed the 'had' part every so slightly stating she 'had' to cut them down.

To that extend, Iberis was by far the most convincing to her. Iberis' deception was enhanced greatly by mentioning the exact same things a monster would. “Your thoughts are already like my mistress'...” She said, but to those attentive (insight/empathy F or higher) she'd sound almost regretful. “She would certainly like you.”

Sophia's reply was... sort-off working? She wasn't particularly deceptive or persuasive, but she managed to turn the truth just enough for the thrall to simply scoff at it. “You have fallen deeply, to serve so willingly.” She eventually stated, although there was something inquisitive to it. Just like with Scylla, she wasn't entirely convinced.

Her eyes went to the halfling next...

Kelsey
vFt3xH5.jpg

m2cKMHe.jpg

Kensei

“I'm foolishly committing to it, cause I'm a fool~ What else?” She replied, not sounding convincing at all. For a second, it looked like she would put the thrall on full alert again, but then she suddenly switched gears and sounded very convincing. “Isn't it simple? To protect Widersia from being taken over again by The See or The East Empire, I need strength. Far more than I'd ever be able to get in a lifetime. Becoming an immortal vampire will allow me to protect my country for eternity. Yes, I know I'd become a danger to it myself, especially working with your mistress, but I'd rather work with monsters than to ever see East Empire scum or See bastards take over control. My Faedom is worth less than my freedom, so I'll sacrifice it for the greater good of my country.” She sounded convincing, even to those that knew she was going to play out an act (Deception C). Wait, was she actually planning to betray them? It might be possible. After all, she was convincing enough for even the thrall to swallow it without question.

???
uTs0SIA.jpg

“You'd be making a mistake, but it is not up to me to teach you why.” She replied, which once again seemed counter-intuitive to her mistress' mission.

The thrall's eyes soon rested on the one person that remained silent. She pointed at Shion. “What's...” she started asking, but then Kalina stepped in.

Yurena

href.li

“She's a pet project of mine~ I found her wandering through the See. Some proud beast or spirit thing. All about magic and forests and stuff, pretending to be ancient and proud~ She was stupid enough to try fighting me and lost. You know how it goes, right? Those are so fun to break~ The prouder and older they are, the nicer it is to just rip away at their pride, joy, status... To ruin everything about them until they're an empty husk of their former selves, to rip away layer after layer of their dignity...” Those words were difficult to say, but with Deception D, she somehow managed. “I'll admit she's still got a long way to go, but she'll get there.”

To Kalina's surprise, her words worked, but not in the way she expected they would. The thrall... she seemed furious. Even those without insight would notice as much. Still, she didn't seem like she would attack them. “That's enough. You've proven you're a monster. I need not hear more.” It was clear she hated this topic even more so than the ones prior.

Still, she looked at the group. “You and you.” She pointed at the closest and most talkative ones, Cayde and Iberis. “Present yourself for her to feed upon. If you're truly devoted to this, that should prove it beyond a doubt.”

Upon hearing it, Kalina panicked a little. “Hold up, thrall, who are you to command me when to feed and whom to feed from?” She called out in (faked) anger.

“I am a mere thrall, but this is my misters' command. Only a real monster has no issue feeding off of the life of others. Only those truly devoted have no issue being fed upon. A simple, but efficient task.” To those sensitive to it (insight or empathy > F), her explanation was cold, as if she didn't like it, but was forced to say it.

She wasn't sure how to reply to that, but didn't want to have the others feel pressured into this either. There was one more thing to try. “Be as that may, you should know how feeding directly on someone makes you feel, do you not? What right has your mistress to command to do such a thing with those that are mere pawns?”

“I do not know such a thing.” Those words were clear, short and convincing. Which was odd. This thrall had never fed on someone? That was strange. However, it was not where she stopped. “You brought them here, if you do not even wish to feed upon them, bringing them here was an insult to my mistress. Now. By my mistress' command, feed on them.”

She had no clue what to do from here... She wanted to keep up the act, but didn't want to force anyone into it. It's why all she could do was see just how far Cayde and Iberis were willing to go. “You two, present yourselves!” She called out. However, as she did so, she was silently prepared to attack the thrall the moment she spotted either Iberis or Cayde refuse or hesitate. She'd not force her friends to this. It wouldn't be worth it. She tried reaching out to Shion through telepathy. 'Please... tell them it's okay to refuse. I'll fight the thrall myself if needed.'

zzzShion1.png

Shion's entire body breathed when Chandra stood in when the thrall started pointing her out. "Thank you..." was all she had to say for Chandra at present. She went back to listening to the conversation floating between everyone's mind, and when the feeding began to come into question she witnessed Chandra falter ever so slightly. She wondered if she should step in for them, claiming they'd already been fed on for the day and she was jealous or something. That'd probably convince the thrall, and yet...while she did trust Chandra, she was uncomfortable with the prospect of being drank from a vampire. She was fine with being openly honest about who she was, but if vampire bites were anything like her world...she didn't know if she'd ever be able to do that. Not only that, in her current state of keeping this [Mind Link] constantly active, she had no idea what she'd start doing to everyone else's minds while Yurena fed off of her. No scenario ended with her being pleased with how things played out through that route.

So then she heard Chandra's mind attempt to reach her, and she tuned in to what the woman asked of her. She didn't like the idea of this venture ending with no information gained...but what if there was another way? "Chandra, I'll warn them, but...I personally think if she's longing to be freed herself, then she might be more willing to help if we put her out of her misery than deceiving her."

She left Chandra's mind for a moment before peering into Cayde's. "Cayde, Chandra has offered to face the thrall herself if you do not wish to go through with this. While I'm not privy to the idea of going through all this trouble to potentially gain no information, and put the vampire on alert, that doesn't mean you should have to force yourself to do this."

Her mind then shifted to Iberis. "Iberis, Chandra doesn't want you to do this if you're uncomfortable with the idea. She says she'll take the thrall on if neither of you want to go through with this. I don't like the idea of making all three of you so vulnerable either if she's somehow seen through our intentions, but...you trust her, so I'll trust your judgement."

Shion's mind left Iberis' and began floating between everyone else's once again, waiting to see if she picked up any thoughts directed her way or any that wavered enough that she would wish to calm their minds with the imagery she thought up earlier. She did wonder if, besides death, if Chandra could claim dominance over another's thrall and realign her allegiance? She trusted Chandra for what it was worth, so she'd easily make a better master than the one this thrall currently serves, but...she wasn't sure if Chandra wanted that responsibility for the long term either. And if she couldn't free her from her chains mentally...killing her was the best course of action.

No one should have dominion over another, after all...She tried not to show pity in her visage as best she could looking at the thrall, lest she catch on through observing body language.

Last edited:

Cayde lowered his head as the thrall spoke to him, his eyes drawing circles on the floor. He frantically pondered on what to say next. If the thrall hadn't been receptive to cooperation, perhaps a bit of humility could work. "I understand. It was foolish of me to think otherwise," He said, "I don't want power, nor destruction. Life is too finite for that. I want to be a part of change. Real change. Something that'll turn heads. Something that'll leave a mark on this world when I'm gone," Cayde looked up at the thrall, hoping his [Persuasuion - F] and [Deception - F] would give him just enough to paint him as an idealist, "By serving your master, I can do just that. It doesn't matter what they ask of me. I'll do whatever it takes."

Then, he heard what he'd need to do to prove that. Cayde's eyes went wide, quickly darting over to Kalina. So he'd have to get his blood sucked? By her? With teeth? Now? Cayde felt his neck start to itch. It would be nothing like before. No bottle, no clean knife. All the risk of infection. Becoming one of them. It couldn't have been done. He'd have to decline!

Cayde heard Shion's voice drift into his mind. A relieved smile crept onto his face. Thank God, he thought. She'd come with an easy way out. All he'd have to do was say no. And then...

What would happen?

A fight would've happened. Then they'd have nothing. Then Kalina would send herself in first, and she'd get hurt. Then everyone else would follow, and they'd get hurt, too. And then it'd be over. All because he couldn't make a sacrifice. All because he was too scared. Just like in Aston, Cayde thought. He'd regress right on the spot. All this time, trying to be better would be for nothing.

That couldn't be.

Cayde closed his eyes, brows furrowing. "I'm going through with it, Shion," He didn't know if she could hear him. It felt good to think it aloud, regardless. "Nothing's going to happen. I'm sure of it," As that repeated in his head, it started to sound true. What was he worrying about? Kalina wouldn't kill him. Everyone wouldn't get hurt. They'd all pull through. Just like they had many times before. And all he'd have to do was give a little blood. What could go wrong?

He looked back up at the thrall, "Very well," Cayde moved over to Kalina and pulled down his collar, revealing his pale neck. He snuck one glance at Iberis. She'd have to stay strong if something happened. Perhaps he could take her share. Her vitality meant more. "Take as much as you want from me," He told Kalina, trying to mask his concern with [Deception - F], "Just go easy on the girl, would ya?"

As he closed his eyes, something else came into view. A forest not unlike the beauty of the See. His eyes darted around, spotting two furry creatures prancing about, not a care in the world. He recognized the fur on one immediately. "Well, I'll be..." He smiled, "Thank you, Shion,"

Iberis Odhir
c1c09798754ff7edcdb17e719dc490d4-1-1-1-1.jpg
Elvario Elvario The Last Curse The Last Curse RavenSong RavenSong Sharena Sharena Silent Angel Silent Angel

Iberis understood Shion's words which she heard in her head, despite hearing them she continued ot the act the part of looking dark and aggressive. With Deception F she kept up the act, scoffing when she heard Cayde talk about idealism as if it was something she could careless about since it wasn’t anything she had mentioned that was part of her self interests, figuring that would further help sell the monster angle.

Even if it was concerning to hear that the thrall hadn’t exactly bought all of their responses as well as they could have Iberis felt like it was in her best interest to seem like she didn’t really care about the others, the only one who she needed to care about for this role was the Mistress.

“Of course she would. It's only natural.” Iberis said matter of fact in response like it was inconceivable that there was any other option than the vampire mistress liking her attitude.

“I’m sorry that some who’ve gathered here just don’t seem to have what’s most important figured out yet. ” She’d say smugly.

“But don’t worry I’m sure once they’ve tasted what true power is like they’ll get the memo of what your Mistress wants them to do.” She continued with a now more sadistic gleam.

“I mean misguided or not, who really cares as long as they fall in line like good planks and have something useful for your mistress to use right? She can always just cull the ones who are deemed useless. But don’t worry I’ll show my worth and then some.”

She said very pragmatically, figuring she’d at least try to cover for some of the others to an extent

She was glad that Kalina had been with it all enough to make up a lie about Shion when the Thrall questioned about her. That was far from out of character from monsters who sometimes enslaved others through various means, so this was not anything outlandish.

As much as Iberis actually appreciated Cayde saying that since the idea of getting blood taken in this setting was a bit anxiety causing internally, externally she tried to look chill like she had when she pricked her finger to give Kalina blood to drink.

As part of the act she’d look over at Cayde and roll her eyes, “You can save the chivalry for someone who actually cares.” She’d say shortly figuring it'd better fit the character she was putting on as the member of the group who was outwardly more monsterous, while she looked back briefly too. After saying this her face then shifted back to one which was focused and not up to much good anytime soon.

“Course she can feed on me I can take it.” She said in response to the Thrall and Yurena exposing more of her neck by moving her hair and garment out of the way more if necessary before moving forward a bit some. At this point wondering what was going to happen with the next steps for this whole ordeal with her and Cayde out here in a vulnerable position, but getting into a fight right then and there could be risky business. It'd probably be better if they could play along ab it longer and then collectively get the jump on the vampire and thrall so to speak if need be.

Last edited:

Scylla would soon see the error in her ways, perhaps it was how she said it? Perhaps she just didn't (have enough points for Deception F T.T) fit the mold or her posture was wrong? Regardless, she stumbled back but wouldn't dare to cower in the face of a monster who would easily just kill her! She'd rip a piece of her dress and wrapped it around her wounds, it was probably best not to cast another spell to even heal at this point. She hoped it would be enough.

Scylla was kicking herself mentally, but at least everyone had a chance to see what NOT to do? She just had to make an excuse in her head.

She'd take her hat off and hold it with her bandaged hands, still on her knees she bowed her head entwining her hands together, but she dared not speak another word. Everything that was coming to her was just way too risky to say, sometimes, Scylla felt she just needed to take a backseat.

She was rather surprised at Iberis's response, although her smug little act definitely triggered her hurt ego a bit. Why couldn't she impress this Thrall? She did everything right. Right?! She sighed a bit as she closed her eyes with silent praise. Way to go Iberis!

Sophia Smith

Sophia's eyebrows raised as the two of their group outside of the fox who wasn't gung ho for giving blood were the ones that it was requested from. She tilted her head before raising a clawed hand in order to get attention. "Could she drink from me~? Like, I don't even mind if the other two also need to give it up, I just think that her doing that is so... romantic, wouldn't you say~?" She fluttered her eye lashes at the thrall, not even needing to try and deceive her as every word out of her mouth so far was completely truthful.

However, there was one thing that she needed to correct the other woman on. She crossed her bottom two claws, looking stern as she said, "And as for falling so far, I take offense to that! Why, what better position to rise to than a servant of the greatest woman in the world? Truly, I would worship the ground she walked on if she wasn't around for me to worship directly! Her being a monster has nothing to do with it. She is just that perfect, and I believe I have gone up the stairway to heaven, not fallen down them to hell."

Aquaculture Labs
Time: 19:35 Weather Inside, water leaking, fairly dark.
jVZsXAU.jpg

Yurena

href.li

If this works out, I'll see if I can pry into what binds her to the vampire. Perhaps we can set her free, one way or another. Kalina replied to Shion mentally. It seemed like she wasn't the only one to think something was off with this thrall, but putting her out of her misery felt a little extreme. After all, it could have just as easily been her in such a position, had she not awoken a full vampire but a thrall. It was difficult not to feel sympathy towards the thrall, especially knowing she didn't seem happy with her situation. She silently listened to what the others were saying. Cayde and Iberis were keeping up the act well enough. Scylla was remaining silent, probably the smart choice for now. It was great to have her around and they'd likely need her powers soon enough, but this wasn't her moment to shine. Meanwhile, Sophia... she was making her feel awkward. It was best not to focus on such words right now. It'd throw her off and out of her act too much.

???
uTs0SIA.jpg

The thrall scoffed at Cayde's reply, but didn't react otherwise. It looked like she didn't agree with him, but had to deem his words to be correct. Her reaction to Iberis was similar, if not worse. She clearly didn't like her words at all, but had to respect them for some reason or other. Sophia, however, did get a reply. “Silence. You're already made your disgraceful nature clear enough.” Genuine anger. However, as the thrall seemed to grow more angry, a sudden groan in pain escaped her lips, grabbing her head for a bit. She still seemed on alert as much as possible, but clearly didn't do so hot. She spoke up again a few seconds later. “Just bite them and get this over with. My patience is wearing thin.”

The words echoed through the building as Kalina looked at Cayde coming up first. He actually... went through with it. Truth be told, she hadn't thought he would. She'd been ready to attack. Yet... if this was his conviction, his willingness to stick by the plan she'd made, then she'd be wrong to deny it, right? Yet... this was Cayde! Someone she highly respected. Someone she considered a close friend. Yet knowing how directly drinking blood from someone tended to make her feel... Wouldn't that taint their relation forever after? Should she really do this?

Kalina's doubt wasn't lost on the thrall. “You're awfully shy for a monster. He's got his neck out. Take it.” She spoke, her words cold and distant. To those with enough insight/empathy (F or higher), it was as if she forced to say this.

Two options raced through her mind. A bluff followed by acceptance. A quick attack on the thrall. However, with Cayde telling her to take as much as she want (successfully masking his concern to her as well, as she lacked any insight), she made up her mind. To bluff and accept. “Shy? No. He's a plain old human. I've had his blood before and it was bland as a raw potato. Horrible stuff, especially compared to witches and Fae. I know your mistress wants you to test us and all, but that doesn't mean I have to be eager to bite into a raw potato now, does it?” She replied, using (Deception D) to fake a large amount of annoyance. She used the same deception to head over to Cayde, making a show out of sinking her teeth into his neck.

Many things went through her head. From 'it's just an act' to 'I've ruined this' to 'I can do this' to 'wait, why does he taste better now' to 'no, I shouldn't think such things' to a repetition of all those thoughts. Luckily for him, her fangs were sharper than before, making the bite relatively painless, more like a sting than anything. Despite him tasting better than she remembered, she was also able to cut it off quickly. The awkwardness and forced nature of this all helped her keep her thirst in check. Having fed on Sophia prior also helped a lot. Even so, she couldn't help feel it. A thrill, an excitement, a wave of pleasure going through her entire body as the few sips of blood she took spread through her veins. The [monster] in her rejoicing at the fact she was taking life from another and rewarding her for it with an amazing feeling, regardless of how much she tried to tune it out and reject it. She hated feeling good from this, but that hadn't stopped the feeling.

When she pulled away, she made another show of getting her fangs out of Cayde's neck again. To make it overwhelming clear she hadn't faked a thing. She truly was a [monster] and he truly had just handed over his blood. Even so, for just a short moment, he was perceptive enough to see her shake a little, thoroughly shaken by what she'd just done, by how it'd made her feel against her better judgement. It was only a split second though, as she got back into the act quickly after.

“There. One down. You're going to own me for ordering me around, thrall.” She headed over for Iberis. The girl's acting was amazing, more than she could've hoped for. It didn't help that Kalina was feeling doubts about this, as it made it only more difficult to figure out how Iberis would actually feel about this. What made it even worse was that she'd just realised how difficult it was to be commanded to feed upon her friends like that, even if it was an act. As much as she enjoyed feeding on Sophia, this was very different. However, if she stopped now, she'd undo Cayde's efforts. So... she couldn't stop.

Once again, she made a show out of sinking her teeth into Iberis' neck. The latter would likely be even more relieved than Cayde, as the last time Kalina and Iberis met, Kalina admitted she'd possessed rather blunt teeth for a vampire. Teeth that had grown into much sharper fangs by now, which would draw blood with a lot less pain involved for Iberis. Still, that wasn't the biggest issue. At least not for Kalina. Cayde she respected, she appreciated, she valued. Iberis... she had already wanted to cuddle with prior to all this. She'd already felt a lot more physical affection towards the girl. To draw her blood directly, which also tasted sweeter than Cayde's due to the larger amount of mana in her veins (Magic D vs Magic E)...

It wasn't just her [monster] side rewarding her. She also had her own feelings boil up, feeling like she had even more to fight with. She didn't want to feel good from this, as she knew fully well this wasn't right. Yet the [monster] influence in her was ever so strong right now. She found herself pulling Iberis in close making what should be a simple bite more intimate and once more felt herself running a hand through Iberis' hair. Part of her tried to convince herself it was just to calm Iberis. Another part knew fully well it was just as much an attempt to better deal with it herself and a difficult to suppress desire. She tried to stop herself, struggling to stay in control rather than getting lost in the moment. Unknown to her, getting lost in the moment was exactly the type of reaction that convinced the thrall.

“You're a real monster alright. An odd one, but a real one.” She stated, her voice still cold and distant.

Upon hearing it, Kalina snapped back out of it, withdrawing from Iberis with a bit of an apologetic look. Apologetic for letting herself get lost in the act. For enjoying what should be a mere deception. For actually taking more blood than a symbolic amount... She'd screwed up even more than she'd done with Cayde. Would Iberis be able to forgive her? Should she try to claim that it was just to act more convincingly? She'd have to sort herself out later.

She shortly shook her head, as if trying to shake off the thoughts. Now wasn't the time to be apologetic, now was the time to do whatever she could for their deception to be worth something. To get information. She was trying to come up with an approach when she was shocked to hear someone else speak up...

Kelsey
vFt3xH5.jpg

m2cKMHe.jpg

Kensei

“By the heavens above! That was so incredibly hot! Please, please, me next! I want to be next!” Kelsey called out, the remaining hand up in the air and voice raised into eager excited tone. It wasn't even clear if she was acting or being genuine. She turned towards Sophia. “You get to have that whenever you want Sophia? No wonder you worship her, that seems amazing~”

Then she turned to Scylla. “Seriously, girl, who would have them sip from their hands when they can get an amazing service like that? Especially with the gal just now! Can you imagine that being done to you? I'd sign up for that any time of day!” She was almost scolding Scylla now..? Either this halfling was an amazing actor and deceiver or she had a few screws loose and a whole lot of fetishes. Probably a bit of both.

???
uTs0SIA.jpg

“Silence.” The thrall cut Kelsey off. “You've all proven enough. I'll go inform my mistress about you all and...”

Yurena

href.li

“Before you do that.” Kalina interrupted, worried that the thrall would be leaving before they could learn more. “You owe me. I've let you command me and played your game. Now play mine. Tell me, how'd your mistress get someone like you? See, these folk? The Fae's eager and moans rather than cries when I hurt her!” Honestly, that part still confused Kalina, but she figured it would be great ammunition in the bluff she was trying to pull off here. A very dangerous bluff, for that matter, but one that might teach them a lot about the thrall. “The two I've just bitten fall in line easily, as you saw, the purple witch has a few funny tricks, but is otherwise pretty docile. Yet the mutt, she's got some desires to resist remaining. Just like you seem to have. Ah, don't lie. I can see it. You're not willingly serving your mistress, are you? You're forced to. Now that's some real fun. It's so much more fun when they hate what you do to them or what you're making them do. Willing victims are ever so dull and boring~ So... how'd she do it? How did she make someone as unwilling as you into her perfectly obedient little pet?” Even with Deception D, this level of bluff was difficult to pull off, but she somehow managed.

The thrall didn't reply at first, but her features told them everything. She was thoroughly enraged. It was like every fiber in her wanted to rip Kalina to shreds, but she was forced to hold back. When she finally did speak up, she spoke slowly, coldly and monotone. “It is true, I do not serve willing. That much I can say...” She fell silent again, as if having to carefully pick her words. “I do not owe you an explanation, nor could I say anything that brings direct risk to my mistress or her mission, but I was commanded to respect fellow vampires, should I encounter them.” Once again, she was lost in thought for a while. “All I shall say is this; as a necromancer, my mistress holds certain command over the dead. As a thrall created by her, her infection holds power over me, like a curse flowing through my veins. As a necromancer, she strengthened the natural curse put upon me through the infection with one of her own necromancy. Her blood and her curse, those are what bind me. It is not something you would be capable off.” To those with insight/empathy F, the last sentence seemed spoken with an undertone of relief, relief for being able to reveal this without the risk of it being used, perhaps.

Even so, the thrall suddenly grabbed her head again, clearly in pain. “I... spoke of too much.” Something she said clearly wasn't meant to be shared, as it seemed like she got punished for it. Perhaps conflicting orders by the vampier had forced her into a loose-loose situation? At least the punishment didn't seem too severe... or was there more to this process? “I shall speak of it no more. You've proven yourselves. Meet me again here, tomorrow night. If I see any signs of others having entered this place, I'll assume betrayal and you won't ever seem me again. Trust me, I will know. Otherwise, I shall discuss this meeting with my mistress and tell you what to do next time.”

Kalina nodded. She had no clue what to make off these last things. Her mind was still distracted by what had just occurred with Cayde and Iberis. “Very well. We'll be back.” She turned around and left, eager to get out of here. The thrall seemed to have her senses somehow stretch through this entire building somehow, or at least she seemed to have a trick to stay alert through-out most of it, so she decided not to take a risk and remained silent until they were out on Third Factory Street and a bit away.

“I'm.... sorry.” Was all she said, when they were out of reach. She was too confused by what she'd just gone through to say more or figure out what to think of it all. Had this really even been worth it? Her emotions still felt in turmoil, but sudden scenes of forests and two adorable looking kitsune's going through them filled her mind. She was still a bit too confused to speak on it, but she calmed a little and she flashed a gentle smile in Shion's direction.

Last edited:
7B31B071-48B5-44BC-A205-1DA60300F8EC.png

Scylla would stand idly for a moment, still coming to grips with things. It didn’t help that her hands pulsed with so much pain, perhaps her somewhat stern features was just how she dealt with pain. Her grip tightened a bit onto the rags in her hands. A silent hint of her frustration with herself.

The witch put her hat back on, adjusting it a bit as it fit snug on her head. Then Yurena would begin her feast on those who were willing in the party. She found it a bit odd however, it all seemed a bit staged, like she didn’t think what was happening before her was indeed happening.

She didn’t know whether to feel confused or disappointed, how was it that they fared better in their approaches. Well, much better than her anyway. They hadn’t made the thrall nearly attack!

All of this and much much more was making her mind spin, although one couldn’t tell from simply looking at her. It would just be her coldly looking at Yurena, as she got the chills at seeing how her fangs pierced through skin. It made her.. excited.. but above all else.. curious. Her heartbeat quickened, wondering what it might feel like, and whether or not it was like some sort of public love affair? There was something sensitive about ones side of their neck. To be bitten there, or kissed would be a rather affair like act.

When Kelsey began to lean on her about her approach, almost making her more dissatisfied with her actions. Her mind was somewhere else however, “I-imagine that was.. me?” She muttered innocently. “I.. why?” She asked aloud to herself. “I.. don’t know.. I mean..” she suddenly felt frail, and decided to speak up. “Hey wait a minute! Are you saying I’m into pain?! Pfft.. no.. you might be into all these wired pervy things but not me.. I-“ then the Thrall would interrupt, quickly biting her tongue.

What followed was all manner of interesting details about the thrall. When she mentioned necromancy, she couldn’t help but once again look at Iberis. It seemed this topic had continued to come up for them. It was.. curious.

Before long, the thrall would leave, and before she knew it she suddenly felt a warm feeling. Like, being overwhelmed with a degree of calm. She gave into the strange vision, and before she knew it, she could swear she was standing in one of the most serene and beautiful forests she’d ever seen. The witch would reach out, “How- Do you see that?” She asked as she stepped forward with her eyes mesmerized.

She would follow Yurena out, “I wish you guys could see what I’m seeing!” She exclaimed happily.

As fangs pierced his skin, Cayde squeezed his eyes closed harder. It felt almost like a needle. Quick, sharp, but... painless? He opened his eyes, adjusting them on Kalina as she fed. Painless. None of that dreadful itching the old bestiaries used to say. No extreme weariness, either. Nothing. "Huh," He thought, a soothing realization easing his shoulders, "That was easy..." Then, Cayde watched curiously as Kalina pulled her fangs from his neck. Still nothing. Just the familiar sense of closeness after embracing a friend. It didn't make sense. Why didn't she do this back in the Marshes? What was so wrong with this?

Cayde watched as she moved on to Iberis next. He noticed her shudder, only for a second. His eyebrows raised in mild concern. Was she feeling guilty? Embarrassed, maybe? Disgusted? For what? This didn't change anything. It hadn't hurt a bit. She'd still be a friend. And as Kalina pulled in Iberis, Cayde's eyebrows only rose higher. Wasn't she enjoying this? He wondered. Vampires liked to suck blood, didn't they? This was fine. She was okay.

Before he could say it, Cayde heard the thrall start speaking again. He felt relief course through him as she deemed the act acceptable. That was good. Then, his eyes flitted to Kalina as she pressed the thrall for more details. His eyes widened as she did. That was great. "We can work with that!" He thought giddily, looking over to Scylla and Iberis. Perhaps they knew a thing about breaking curses. Maybe the vampire hunters did as well. Perhaps a new approach just opened up. He knew where to go next.

But for now, keeping face. "Thank you," He said, bowing his head to thrall, "We won't disappoint. I promise."

As the meeting ended, Cayde followed as the party departed, a smile growing underneath his mask. It felt strange to be this excited. Who knew giving blood would be this invigorating? "That went amazing!" He cheered, lowering his voice shortly after. The thrall could've still been nearby. Better safe than sorry. "Let's get to the Tavern, alright? I think the Vampire Hunters are gonna want to know what we learned," He looked to Iberis and Kelsey next, "Heh, I knew you two would've been good, but God, you killed it out there!" Then to Shion, "And that thing with the woods? Awesome! How'd you know I liked the See?" Finally, to Sophia and Scylla, "You two held up amazingly. But Scylla..." Cayde trailed off, his eyes drifting to her hands, "You might want me to take a look at those hands. Can't have our leader hurt, can we?"

Last, but not least, Cayde turned to Kalina. The optimism died in his voice as she apologized. "Is this about the blood...?" He said, glancing at Kelsey. She didn't know. He couldn't talk about it here. "Look, all you were doing was just playing a role. It's okay. None of this would've happened without you," He nodded, warmth filling his voice, "You can talk to me about it later, yeah?"

zzzShion1.png
Shion watched as Cayde and Iberis were drank from, keeping extra careful watch around each of their mental states as each would be drank from. Cayde's own thoughts had inadvertently saved this entire endeavor, as when Yurena moved to drink from Iberis, Shion's instincts flared up inside her as her body burned with fire as she held herself back from removing Yurena from the one human she'd fully managed to connect with here. Cayde was right though, they'd come this far, letting her own actions compromise everything would be foolish. So she fought every instinct in her telling her Iberis was in trouble, she fought even harder not to show it.

She just kept doing her job. Keep everyone at ease through this tense situation. Scylla in particular seemed to take a considerable amount of the memory to the point she got to see the smaller fox get surrounded by a few spirits as they swirled around her as her eyes lit up before they flew skyward, the two kitsunes using some kind of wind magic to enhance their jumping abilities as they ascended the trees with the spirits before the memory finally faded from her mind as they left the building. Even Chandra received some of the memory, to which she returned her smile with her own.

"You were witnessing one of my memories, Scylla. One of my favorite memories of the time I had with my father...I'm glad you like it. Wish I could do something about your hands too." Shion explained to the witch as this was her first exposure to her magical telepathy with a gentle expression on her face after a small sigh regarding her frustrations about her present magical prowess. Suddenly, Cayde's enthusiasm came out in full force just as the magic faded from Shion's eyes. She couldn't help but chuckle lightly at him, she was happy things seemed to go the best possible way they could. He snapped his attention to Shion for a minute, and it caused her to blush slightly.

"Well, you did say you preferred the woods to me earlier. That wasn't really what made me choose that memory either. It's just one of my memories not yet tainted by my first encounters with mankind." Shion said to him, Iberis was still the only one here that knew about the darker recesses of her mind, she wanted to remedy that at some point. Chandra may have an idea given her fear within the building, but if no one would expect such emotions of her then that was good, it meant she had moved on enough from it that it wasn't plaguing her mind as much as it used to. Although exercising her new abilities so expansively definitely put her own mind at a more vulnerable state, she would have to hone that so she wouldn't feel her heart so laid bare during such moments. It was a miracle she didn't end up sharing some of her worst memories with everyone instead. She decided to back him up with Chandra too. "We wouldn't have made it as far as we did without you, Chandra, every word you said and every action you took in their was vital to putting us right where we wanted. We even learned the thrall's bond to her master is a curse, which hopefully means it can be cleansed by a well-learned healer."

She then turned to Iberis and approached her, finally letting her concerns take over. "Iberis, are you alright, you didn't lose too much blood did you? Let me see the mark." Shion looked over the mage briefly as she viewed the bite mark. If Chandra hadn't been the one doing the biting Shion knew her anger likely would've boiled over at this point, but she simply remained in her calm yet still a little concerned state for Iberis' well being.

"Would you like me to carry you until we get somewhere you can sit down?" She then asked suddenly, although she didn't think her question unordinary in the slightest.

Iberis Odhir
c1c09798754ff7edcdb17e719dc490d4-1-1-1-1.jpg
Elvario Elvario Sharena Sharena RavenSong RavenSong Silent Angel Silent Angel The Last Curse The Last Curse

Thankfully during the process the calming image which Shion provided did help considerably with the forestry, not to mention the beasts, this beautiful imagery helped Iberis to stave back quite a bit of her anxiety for the following events knowing that Shion was there with her doing this. Kalina was holding up the facade well enough of being a monster, and explaining away any questionable things that the Thrall wanted to cross examine her on it seemed. Deep down Iberis couldn't help but feel a bit bad for the thrall at this point particularly when it became increasingly apparent that it appeared that she was enslaved by her mistress rather than a will to genuinely work with her to propagate evil. Iberis just tried her best to keep her composure and act like everything was fine, not even looking Caydes way when Kalina bit into him as if to further solidify that this was behavior which she was used too and had no problems with.

When Iberis was bit she stood strong, and took it, it was all so strange, to be pierced like that, just as Cayde's had been it was really just a prick if anything. Of course Iberis did find it a bit harder to pull off the stoic like she was used to being bit act when Kalina moved in a bit closer and felt her hair, making the whole thing feel a bit more intimate than Iberis had been expecting, but all she could assume was that it was part of the acting that Kalina was employing even if it almost made Iberis feel a bit flustered inside at what was transpiring. She was completely unaware of the conflict which Kalina was feeling in that moment about the possibility of enjoying the act, instead a bit more focused on how she was presenting herself so that the act was believable. Granted she did realize that the amount of her blood which had been taken..was probably more than was needed for a compelling act as she sort of felt the effect, and then saw the apologetic gaze as she turned to look at Kalina. Of course Iberis couldn't say anything then and there to comfort her which felt kind of bad, and the whole thing had just felt kind of strange to her..as she was left sitting with what just happened.
What was at least reassuring and made Iberis feel a bit better out of the situation was when the Thrall said that Kalina made a convincing monster. Of course then Kelsey had to chime in inappropriately once again given the circumstances, but that didn't cause too much trouble thankfully.

Iberis's developing Hypothesis was only confirmed when the Thrall went into a monologue in part where she confirmed it was not willing servitude, and then she revealed some information about a curse..this mistress was a necromancer which definitely peaked Iberi's interests..could she perhaps learn anything from this individual when they dealt with her? Curses and Necromancy were things in Iberis's wheelhouse of skills so to speak..or the later would be soon enough when she got what she needed from what Audlich had shown her.

Instead of bowing Iberis scoffed, "Your Mistress will do well to have someone like me who actually understands.then .We'll be there." Staying in character until the very end with Deception F even while feeling a bit woozy now.

Once the thrall was gone, Iberis turned to the others and nodded. "Y-Yeah Kalina you and everyone else did ..really nice and thanks Shion..that. family scene you showed with the forest.. made me feel better than I would have fared otherwise.." She said with a bit of a weak smile.

"And Cayde..probably has the right idea about..where we should head next and..Scylla you should definitely heal those hands up..when you get the chance." Iberis was looking a bit paler than usual and it was reflected in her voice and the way she stood less sturdily.

"And it's..no problem." She let out loosely to Kalina about the apology, not having as much energy as she thought to give better words than that.

Then when Shion came over to her, she looked back and nodded. "..I'm fine hah, just lost a bit more than I was expecting there, I haven't really eaten much today either, I'm sure it'll pass." She said as positively as she could, not feeling amazing all things considered. She hadn't partaken in any rations earlier nor had she drunk much that day, in addition her frame wasn't exactly super sturdy to begin with so the blood loss wasn't nothing, putting a bit more weight on her staff to compensate.

Iberis felt a bit..like earlier, when Shion mentioned possibly carrying her. "Oh uh..I don't know I couldn't possibly ask you to do all that..but if you want to stay close and just make sure that..stay upright, if you'd like to..help that'd be appreciated." She replied, looking to Shion, ready to head wherever the group decided woozy or not.

Sophia Smith

The bug gal grinned as she found a new partner in crime in the halfling. "I know, right? It's so hot~" She giggled before saying, "If you ask, she might be up to drinking a bit from you, you never know~" She sighed before listening to the Shakespearian rant that spewed from the thrall's mouth. She wasn't the biggest fan of it, but it didn't last too long, luckily, before the creep left. Once the artisan was sure she was gone, she sighed. "What an edge lord." She shook her head before glancing at the others.

Her eyes fell on Kalina, widening before she rushed over to the vampire. She looked up at the girl before gripping her by her collar, pulling her down and planting a kiss on her cheek. She pulled her into a hug, doing her best to calm the vampire down. "Hey, hey, you did what had to be done. No lasting damage. They're fine, and you're fine." She glanced in the direction of the building they just left, a frown passing over her face as she said, "And besides, It's not like she would have believed we were on her side if you hadn't." She turned her head to stare into Kalina's eyes, her own passionate and almost having a force behind them as she said, "Do not beat yourself up about it. No. I know you will, so I am here to tell you if I see you beating yourself up about it or feeling down, or anything, I will kiss you until that's all you can think about, then I'll kiss you some more as punishment!" She gave the vampire a glare before nodding, hoping her words got across.​

Aquaculture Labs
Time: 20:00 Weather Inside, water leaking, fairly dark.
jVZsXAU.jpg

Yurena

href.li

Cayde's enthusiasm made her feel... highly mixed feelings. She wanted to open her mouth and say something, but he told her she could bring it up later. Yes... later. Now wouldn't be the right time to....

Kelsey
vFt3xH5.jpg

m2cKMHe.jpg

Kensei

“Sooooo~” Kelsey called out. Her voice sounded cheerful, but... there was a bit of a darker undertone. She'd been creating some distance right up until the moment Shion seemed to start planning to get in her way. “You know the fun fact about acting and deceiving is that it doesn't really change your physique. Knowing you got the witch here pretty good and... mind filling me?”

It was clear she was onto them. That she knew Kalina's act had been more than an act the moment she saw the vampire drink blood for real and she'd felt that suspicion confirmed when Iberis openly admitted she got a fair bit of blood taken. More so than an act would've warranted. Besides, she'd seen how 'Yurena' had taken blood and she knew better. That part wasn't deception, that was someone actually enjoying it. Some part of her had been curious for real, a large chunk of it had just been an act. After all, who was to say that she wasn't the one being double-crossed here, rather than the thrall?

Kalina had already been feeling horrible, but this made it even worse. Worse enough for her to pull away from Sophia. “Not.. not now.” She shook her head. What the hell could she say..? Something to apologise? To explain... To repent... should she lie? Claim to be like those Moonblessed vampires? No, she felt like that wouldn't work. Not at this point. She was lost on words.

Thus she'd say what she wanted to say initially. “Cayde, Iberis... I really am sorry. I know you two got pressured into it, which is why it makes me feel awful to admit that... that was really nice to me, even if I didn't want to enjoy such a thing. I'm sorry.” With that out of the way, she knew what she might be able to say to Kelsey. “Whatever you may think of me, I can promise you that I'd never want to do harm to others. Yes, I loved it, but not as much as hate that it happened this way. That's not how I want to be. I want it to be with people who truly don't mind it, or better, people who like it, like Sophia. Not any other way.” Honestly, seeing Iberis low on blood made her feel even more horrible. Shion's compliment towards her, followed up by worry towards Iberis, made her feel worse. Not every action she took was vital. She could've taken less blood. Enjoyed it less. Felt less good from it. Somehow she should've figured out how to just act like she enjoyed did, not actually end up doing so.

Perhaps how horrible she felt about it was what saved her, as some of it seem to ring true to Kelsey. “Interesting...” She mumbled to herself, then she looked at Sophia. “For your information, I might have some kinks, but I'm gonna need a whole lot more reassurances before hooking up with a potential [monster].” She then looked at Scylla. “Although it'd be totally hot as I doubt the pain would outweigh any of the vibes it'd give off, perhaps it'd just make it better.” The duality of her two sentences, spoken with equal sounding truth to them, was clear as day. Whatever was truly on Kelsey's mind was tough to read. At leas she didn't seem to be planning on betraying them or selling them out to the vampire hunters? Still, she did have questions. “So, why are you here to begin with?”

Kalina knew she'd have to formulate some sort of answer. Honestly, the truth seemed a safer bet than any lie she could come up with. “I'm planning to bring down the vampire, then ask the vampire hunters for their help. They might know how to help deal with my condition.” There, the truth. It was out to another bystander. Perhaps she'd be just as lucky as she'd been with Shion? Hopefully.

“I see.” Kelsey said, shortly, then nodding. “Fair enough. Let's continue working on bringing that vampire down right? An enemy of my enemy is my friend, no?” Her words sounded convincing, but seeing how well she could act and deceive, it was fairly impossible to know how much of it she truly meant. It'd be up to them to keep trusting her or not.

As for Kalina, she just nodded. She felt too emotionally exhausted and conflicted to think more into this. She then turned to Cayde again. “Yes... let's drop by the safe-house, so I can get changed again. I'd rather not meet the Hunters in this identity and outfit. Then we can go meet them.”

They'd succeeded. They'd learned a lot about the thrall and vampire. Kelsey seemed to still be on board, for now at least. So why did she feel so horrible? She felt too exhausted to care to find out why. Were Sophia to try cheer her up again, she'd gently yet firmly push her away again. She needed to think things through. She needed to think herself through. She had some flashbacks of what she'd done to Hope. There too, she'd felt good for just a second. Only to feel horrible straight after. Was this the same as back then? This had been with more consent, but still, it didn't feel right. How monstrous was it to enjoy something that others didn't give her willingly? That thought was what kept creeping up on her all their way towards the safehouse. She told them the could've refused, but how much of a real choice had that been? Not enough. Not enough at all.

Safe Room 002
Widersia – Capital – Clockhaven – Safe Room 002
Time: 21:30 Weather Dark outside, some dim street-lights, wind howling, light drizzle
rinne-park-04.jpg

They would arrive at the Safe Room a bit later. From there, it'd not be far too the tavern the Vampire Hunters were staying at. For now, however, they'd have a short moment to discuss a few final things.

Kalina made a beeline for the corner she'd left her 'Chandra' outfit and armour, taking off her clothes to change back into it like before. Her mind was still occupied by all sorts of things.

Kelsey figured she'd check some things with the others. “So... how do you want to deal with the Vampire Hunters, then? Are we just going to spill all we learned and hope they appreciate it, or are we going to play a game with them..? Oh, also, Sophia, don't forget. You owe me a hand. I've got no clue how long it takes you to make one, but I'd be neat if I could have one before we meet the vampire. Same, for you, mister Alchemist. I doubt Morana could do well without some brews in her system and from what little I've gathered, you're her new provider, right? Meanwhile, these two witches... you two know anything about necromancy? Might want to prepare some counters to it. Perhaps me and Shion can see about prying into Sverre mind. I've been thinking. What if she transfers my memories of him into him? I've got no clue how such a thing works, but it might, right?” Kelsey had clearly been starting to plan for their next encounter during their trip here.

zzzShion1.png
While Shion had been primarily focused on Iberis, one thing never left her mind. How much she didn't trust Kelsey. Shion didn't just buy her Deception earlier, she actually believed the woman. And right now, doing anything for Widersia to her meant either dealing with all the vampires, or removing herself from the party at night to ruin all their plans to actually become a thrall. The moment she felt the halfling trying to slink away from everyone Shion had stood to her full height and glared the halfling down. Her following conversation with Chandra appeared to be enough to convince her from running, but it just made Shion more wary. She looked over to Cayde for a moment...Kelsey knew about her telepathy now, so her eyes would give away her intentions. She wanted his sharp eyes on her, for now she would have to hope Kelsey was back on their side.

Once it was decided they'd be heading back to the safehouse, Shion swept Iberis up into a bridal carry before she could insist she was fine to walk on her own again. Shion seemed to manage the mage's weight just fine in her arms. She smiled at the mage briefly, but her visage became contemplative as she made sure Kelsey was never out of her peripheral vision the entire way back. She could also tell Chandra's feeling were still complicated even without her telepathy, a concern for later.

Once back in the safehouse, Shion set Iberis into one of the seats their while listening to Kelsey's deliberations. She was actually impressed. She decided to [Empathize F] with Kelsey in an attempt to hopefully regain some of the trust lost.

"So this is the real you. Your interest in carnal pleasures may be real, and your vernacular may be tactless, but you've earned the position you're in. I can respect that. Your words back there to the thrall about wanting power to protect Widersia from anyone's desire to get their hands on this land was the first time I believed anything you said. Your devotion is commendable, and I will apologize for doubting your loyalty previously." She left Iberis' side and approached Kelsey, kneeling down so the halfling wouldn't struggle to respond as she outstretched her hand for a handshake.

"Actions speak louder than words, as someone who struggles with her prejudices I believe this down to my very soul. While words are all we can offer right now, I hope this convinces you at least some that we pose you nor Widersia any threat, and we are here to do a job and help Chandra overcome her darkest struggles. She's earned Morana's trust, she's worth yours, and she's earned mine, and I guarantee mine is much harder to gain." Shion's final words shifted in tone as she finished her gesture of camaraderie, they felt dark, uncomfortably honest, and they felt like they hurt Shion to say. Nevertheless, she returned to Iberis' side once her little monologue was over.

"This power is still quite new to me, but I could attempt to relay your memories to Sverre's. My attempts to pry his memories out were unsuccessful earlier, and he didn't seem to want to remember either. As for the Vampire Hunters...if we are to trade info at all, I'd rather give them this information in exchange for how to help Chandra. However, I still don't like that Chima mentioned how disorganized they are, I fear if we tell them exactly where we're meeting the thrall before we meet, they could ruin everything we just went through." Shion looked in the direction of the distraught vampire for a moment before looking back at Kelsey.

"We may not get knives in our backs, but the thrall is very confident she'd be able to tell if, say, some overeager hunters attempt to claim the kill ahead of us." She didn't comment on the artisanry, that wasn't anything she was qualified to discuss.

"Besides necromancy, what about this curse she mentioned? Is it possible to save her? Does anyone in this room possess the ability to cleanse such potent curses?" Shion opened the floor to everyone else having said her piece.

Last edited:
7E34647D-185C-46A4-986F-E90DB0F2A3E0-2.png

“M-my.. hands?” She asked looking at Cayde a bit confused, her mind was so caught up in defeat. Surely, it was crippling, she never lost. Her parents always bought her everything because she was their “little princess of the whole land!” They were the most superb scholars, they never failed, so why.. did she?

"Oh you dont say? Heh. Oh yeah! My hands." She replied to Shion, but simply tucked her hands into her robe pockets. "Do you.. miss your dad?" She asked, a bit solemnly now, which was incredibly rare for the witch. "I do. You know? Your dad might not be with you, but for some of us we, we with they never existed. My daddy never really cared so much about me, just, you know? 'get good grades' and 'don't be a loser'" She said, altering her voice a bit to sound more like her dads, then sighed. "I suppose I failed, gave a part of my should away, got involved with vampires and all of my projects, tests, and homework are ALL overdue!" She rolled her eyes, "Sorry, I didn't mean to make it about me, i.. well.. lets just say I'm really happy you love your dad." She smiled brightly, it was really tricky to tell if Scylla was being genuine, perhaps it was her partly demonic nature, or whether she truly felt it. Perhaps both.

She’d suddenly snap out of it for a moment, like a drowning sailor barely coming up for a breath of air.

She blankly gave her hands to Cayde. “Here.. i.. it’s not as bad as it looks.” she leaned closer into Cayde. “Be honest with me..” her face really close to Caydes now, “..just how badly did I mess things up back there?” Referring behind them with her thumb. "How was that.. leader like?" She wasn't serious about the question however, it was simply asking for an opinion. Her ego might be crippled, but her spirit never failed!

As the witch followed with everyone else, she could feel the collective sigh of relief once they were at a safe distance. Everyone now seeming more at ease. "I'm sorry everyone! I have failed you all miserably, I understand if I'm to be punished!" She winced a bit, and closed her eyes, before peeking with one at everyone. "However!" She fell to her knees, entwining her (likely healed hands) together, and bowing her head. Her Hat sadly falling off her head. "If I am to be forgiven, I assure you I shall not fail ever again!"

---

Much later, she found herself in a room, prepared to meet with the vampire hunters. Suddenly it seemed Kelsey had taken the lead. Considering she blundered earlier, she decided to play along, besides, she would be asking the same questions! "Right! Necromancy!" She said tapping Iberis with her elbow, "Iberis here knows everything you need to know! Don't ya Iberis o' darling?" Scylla would flick the halflings nose playfully. "And I might not know necromancy of the old ways, BUT I have a book that tells me quite a bit about those whom have left this plane and how they died!" Scylla made a smug face, sort of peeking at Kelsey seeing if she was impressed or not. "Of my own personal magic however, I suppose I could manipulate the frail little veil between life and death and bring you back. Being attuned to death, sometimes can equally attune you to life!" She shrugged, "This is completely off the record however! I have never tried such a thing in person, BUT I have reason to believe it will most, absolutely, positively, affirmatively, stupendously, splendidly, really really really work!" She gave a wink, and another flick on the nose. "Now.. can I have my leadership back? I want it back." She crossed her arms with a pout, then elbowed Iberis again. "Tell her to surrender her leadership back to me." She raised a fist at Kelsey, even if she was right infront of her, "or else!"

Last edited:

A wistful expression grew on Cayde's face as Shion spoke of her father. He shifted his eyes a bit. This would've been the perfect time to share something. But nothing similar came to mind. Only camping with Uncle Zane. Making his first potion with him. Working the shop. Going through his "secret-alchemical textbooks" when he was out at the market. Asking about the weird abundance of underdressed Fae women in them. Getting grounded because of it. Good times. But not much about parents, though. Nothing vivid. Just a lot of moving. "Heh, yeah, that must've been great," Cayde replied, "Simpler times, y'know..?" He cleared his throat. It felt strange not having anything more to say. Time to change the topic. "But uh, Scylla! Where was I?"

Cayde looked away to retrieve some antiseptic bandages from his med kit. He almost dropped them when Scylla got so close. That made it even harder to give feedback. "O-oh, well, uh, you..." Cayde paused, sighing gently as he took her hands. Giving advice was never his forte. He'd try anyway. "Well, you were very involved back there. I liked it. I don't think the thrall enjoyed that, though," He said, removing the bloodied pieces of cloth, "But you were reactive. Reactivity's good when something needs to happen. Not so much when everyone knows their role already," He unrolled some bandages and wrapped them around her hands, "I get it. You just wanted to help. But sometimes, the best option is to wait, yeah? Just watch them. Put your trust in them: let them do what they gotta do," He looked up at her and nodded, "They'll let you know when something goes wrong. Be the one to lead them then,"

After saying that, a satisfied sigh escaped him. That was easier than he'd expected. But something new came to his attention as he released Scylla's hands. Kelsey found out. And Kalina... she wanted what? "Wait, you..." His eyes flicked between the two before finally landing on Kalina. So that's why she was here? Was she trying to become human again? His eyes widened. That was... great. Really great! Everything would be so much easier. No more blood, no more disguises, no more worry. She'd be free to do whatever. There'd be so many more adventures to be had!

The smile on Cayde's face only waned a little when Kalina started apologizing again. None of that, he thought. Not after this fantastic news. "Nonono, Chandra, it's okay. I didn't mind it at all!" He said, shrugging his shoulders, "Look, so what if you like sucking blood? You're a vampire. It is what it is," He chuckled, voice full of optimism, "But it's not gonna be like that for long, yeah? We'll get through this."

Hopeful as ever, the trip back to the saferoom didn't feel so long. And almost immediately, there was talk about what to do next. Cayde grinned. One step closer to curing a friend. Perfect. "I like the sound of that, Shion," He said with a nod, "You're right. I doubt the vampire hunters will be of much help taking care of the thrall. They might be better suited for going after the vampire herself," He crossed his arms, "Emphasis on might. We'll need to see how disorganized they really are. But for now, they could know something about dealing with this thrall curse. Maybe a little bit about reverting vampirism, too..."

When Shion posed her question on removing curses, Cayde cupped his chin. Perhaps there was something he could recall in his [Encylopedia of the Arcane]? He'd been studying his [Arcana - E] "Maybe..." He said, removing the grimoire from his pack and flipping through the pages for anything that could help.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back