• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.
Rowan Thorn
rowan.jpg
Rowan gritted her teeth, feeling like she had just been put through the ringer. This was one of the things she liked to avoid- prevent herself and others from getting hit in the first place. This was one of the things she would have to work on in the future. To get stronger, and her barriers to get even more powerful, so she could do more with them- like protect a whole city.
Rowan looked at the crying Ophenia, almost frozen. This had been a large child attempting to help the group, not an assassination attempt or a betrayal. He comments made sense, that in her eyes she thought of herself as a baby fae, not even one of the established types of fae like the banshee she claimed she was not. She couldn't fault Ophenia like she could the child in the Underbelly for this.
"Damnit." Rowan muttered to herself, before slowly approaching Ophenia. She sat right behind her, more heavily than usual considering she was hurt, putting a hand on her back in comfort- not about to hug her, because they weren't that close, but it was the most she could do to comfort her. She would have to talk with Ophenia later about this, because she could have killed them all- and there would be no forgiveness then. If she hadn't been there to mitigate the damage...

After an abrupt squawking song as well as more singing from Ophenia, which would have been discordant if not for Ophenia's banshee song, strength returned to her limbs as she was healed- and the fauna around them came back to life. Oh, that was pretty good- it seemed that Seven and Ophenia could do some serious healing- marvelous additions to the party. Not that it made what she did any better, but it was at least her own failsafe.

She had been forgetting something important...what was it....and then Finn spoke of Bay being kidnapped by spiders. Shit, that's what it was. She saw it, and would have told everyone if not for Ophenia's "song," distracting her. At least Finn had noticed first, while she was recovering.

"Let's try this again. Give everyone some protection against the spiders." Rowan said, casting Mage Armour on everyone in the party- minus Bay, as he wasn't here. (Mage Armour 3- D grade- 1 Post Cooldown) "Whoever wants to take the lead, go for it. Though we have to also look up, as spiders can climb trees."

ea4c45bf579758329f3fe4e912f8aa94.jpg

Ghedd'un, Druidess of the Web
Finn would lead the charge. Surely the others would follow, right? ...right? ...guys...?

From the top of the cliff where the now famous scream was heard, the land dipped ever so slightly into a depression, where Bay had been dragged, covered in chest to head high foliage. The trees were thin through the lowland but shrubberies and broad, leafy plants were plentiful. Only the slightest path marked by a noticeable thinning in the density of the green could be seen leading from the cliff deeper into the forest where the ground rose again to a higher level than before. Vision was obscured by the trees thickening beyond this rise.

Finn's charge would not be met by anything at first. The lowlands were quite still now. Seven's skyward flight would reveal the explanation behind Cotton Top Forest's name as she flies into a thick veil of webbing glazing the top of the canopy. The webbing would easily trap the small bird. Compromised as she was, Seven would be able to see the fading forms of two spiders scrambling away through the web-strewn treetops with a bundle of web on the back of one. Presently, there were no large spiders in the web, but a handful of tarantulas were crawling about nearby.

Presently, a figure approached from the rise on the far side of the lowlands. The dark robes touched by deep maroon hems contrasted with the veil of webbing trailing from the top of the figure's headdress. Thick, black braids hung down past her waist as she slowly approached out of the thickening trees.

Her eyes were wide, alert, staring at the figures that approached. She would briefly glance upwards before focusing her attention on those on the ground.

"I know you not...and the guide does not lead you. Whence come ye into my domain and for what purpose?" spoke the stranger. The voice carried no emotion save for the slightest hint of curiosity. Her eyes hid momentarily behind a slow, rare blink.

fd2bb7b163b9a93befef8d01cb918ce1.jpg

Ophenianew.png
I would like to note that this forest is REALLY flammable.
"Ah!" Ophenia blurted out as she was suddenly covered in that same violet magical armour that Rowan had once given everyone. She smiled cheerfully as she looked at Rowan. "Thank you so much!" The fae would say, "Oh! And I'm really sorry about destroying your previous barrier! And also I'm sorry for hurting you in the process as well." Ophenia said with a nervous look on her face. She could see how somewhat frustrated Rowan had become. "You should not worry Miss Rosa! I'm sure we could easily get back on track! If you'd like, I could hum you a tune as we follow Finn! I am certain it'd clear your mind a bit!" Ophenia cheerily said with a chipper expression as she'd excitedly stand up and brushed the dirt off her knees.

"Any~how! Miss Roger and Miss Marie, it's about time we get a move on! Mister Finn's already way ahead of us! If we're too busy snailing on the floor like this, we will lose him and then we would actually be seperated! Onward we must move!" Ophenia would cheerily speak as she'd gesture over to Finn who had already been a few paces further from them by now. Ophenia would then make it a bit of an effort to catch up with Finn's "Charge"

Ophenia squinted her eyes, as she'd try to make out the slowly approaching distant figure. Ophenia's eyes would once again light up, a bit too enthusiastically at that. Ophenia smiled cheerfully. The person who had appeared before them spoke of a guide, and they were currently looking for a guide. That means she knew where Bay was! Ophenia would step a bit closer. As she'd wave her hand as a welcoming gesture. "Hi! Hi there!" Ophenia would cheerfully speak. "I know who I am, Miss! My name is Ophenia! I'm a travelling songstress who is currently travelling with her friends to complete a task that has been given to us by this guy named Bay for a seamstress. Bay is a guide, and we are looking for him!" The fae would happily inform, though obliviously.

"Oh! But to be more in-depth, the reason we are looking for our guide who is named Bay is that while we were climbing up to uhh... Somewhere. A spider thought Miss Bay the guide who was leading us was food! And then the spiders wrapped him up and skittered off! So my friend, who is named Finn, the one wearing metallic clothing, tried to cut the web tying Bay and the spiders together, but then I yelled really loudly using my magic and then... then..." Ophenia would quiet down a bit as she'd look to her feet, her eyes slightly tearing up a bit at the thought before she'd look up again with a somewhat forced smile.

"Okay so when the yell was done, everyone was confused for a small bit and then Mister Bay the guide we are currently looking for got lost again! We think the spiders took him! Has Miss seen any spiders carry a man-sized ovacular web pod?" Ophenia would ask with an oblivious expression on her face. She would get a bit closer thought, with a curious yet still bubbly expression on her face. "Oh oh! And have you seen a flower with blue petals and red thorns? And your hair is really pretty! Could you tell me how you braided it like that?" Ophenia would then genuinely ask with an intrigued smile.

Melissa​

Melissa would stare in bewilderment at Ophenia when she spoke about how spiders weren’t social creatures who usually worked solo. Wow. Melissa didn’t know that. So it seemed the child did have some brains after all.

“Whoa. Hold up, who are you and what have you done to Ophenia?” She teased the pink lady who suddenly became smart out of nowhere, before picking up the shield she’d dropped earlier.

When Ophenia had taken off after Finn, Melissa would chase right behind her, shouting. “Hey! It’s Melissa! M. E. L. I. S. S. A. Get it right already, you pink pupa sylph thingy!” She can’t keep letting her get away with this… After all, she’s able to remember Finn’s name, why can’t she remember theirs?!

They would then come across a mysterious lady whose skin as white as a ghost. Melissa would freeze in her tracks, rubbing her eyes to confirm she wasn’t just seeing things. Before she could speak, Ophenia was already greeting the stranger and babbling on about everything that had just happened. She’d then reach the sad part where she yelled and killed everything, and when she paused to look down, Melissa would mutter under her breath, “You know you didn’t have to mention that part to the stranger…”

The carefree fae would approach the stranger bit by bit, but Melissa had a bad feeling about her. She’d slowly follow close behind the fae, but she wouldn’t bring out her sword and shield yet. The stranger may take it as a sign of aggression. So not yet… She was ready to intercept any attack, although there was no telling how this stranger would go about it.

Finnegan
48cda61b45b26a076ba4778ab30a1ac6.jpg

Finn was expecting to come upon Bea being dragged off again.. But.. Now... Now this was definitely a different situation... he had his sword in hand still, his eyes meeting the wide milky eyes of the stranger, he considered her for a moment then huffed a sigh, a small laugh. "You spooked me, didn't expect to see you. We were following a guide, until we were somewhat sidetracked by an accident after said guide got kidnapped by web shooting spiders. And, well, all spiders produce web but these captured them.

Accident occured with some magic, healing applied, with the spiders back I assumed they ran off with our guide again and came here. A simple job to help get some textile materials from the woods has turned to this, i mean, figures when things come down to it." the blond male smiled towards the new person. "Things never truely go to plan right?"

He considered the new person for a moment, utilizing his Appraisal C skill to get a read on her.

"Perhaps you may had seen them, dark clothing, wrapped up all over, talks with a slight jovial yet close rudeness one might with old friends? outwardly considered male? yellow eyed?" he gave a brief description of their guide, planting the tip of the sword into the ground to lean upon it. At least, until the others came.

And came they did, first henny who once again spoke a great deal, then melissa.

"...these two are friends of mine as well, one is a small cute bird who may be stuck in a web and the other is a grouchy mage who may be showing up soon.

By the way, I do love your dress, just figure I may as well say."

Rowan Thorn
rowan.jpg

Rowan sighed, realizing that everyone was ditching her to follow after Finn, which means she had to follow behind. She hurried to catch up with the group, sidling cautiously up to Ophenia to ask her questions.
"So you do know Finn's name, but you purposefully say the wrong name for Melissa and I, with the name changing every time. It seems quite insulting, considering we did tell you our names. Unless it's a fae thing involving true names." Rowan would tell/ask Ophenia on the way to the spooky spider lady. She would mostly stay silent and alert, as everyone else said the important fact- that their guide was missing and had been kidnapped by spiders. She did show proper respect to the woman, giving her a short bow of respect, before joining the others in the back.

Of course she walked in as Finn insulted her. It was the way fate seemed to work. It stung in that way that showed that obviously Finn only liked Seven the Bird, Ophenia, and somewhat Melissa, and that the exclusive club wasn't something she could join anytime soon. No matter, she didn't expect this to be more than a one-time adventure, and she was sure they would most likely part ways later on, to people who would actually appreciate her efforts and magic.

Finn's appraisal only reveals her name and title as shown above.

Ghedd'un's nigh unblinking stare fixated on Finn and did not relent even as Ophenia and Melissa approached. Her eyes scanned him up and down before resting on his face. She said nothing as he elaborated. When Ophenia mentioned her being a songstress, the eyes finally snapped to her as Ghedd'un interrupted.

"Songstress? Am I to gather that you were responsible for that horrible noise just now?"

While she spoke in a soft tone, there was contempt in her voice. Her unrelenting eyes considered Ophenia for a long moment...then they blinked, slow and thoughtful. Her gaze no longer lingered on one person after that, preferring to stare at the collective of these...people.

"Without the guide, I cannot let you past this point. Unfortunately, I no longer know the whereabouts of the spiders that were just here. I came this way because of an awful noise then the sudden sense that I had lost control over those spiders. If they did take the guide, they would most likely be returning to their real master. If you require my silk, I suggest you pursue the spiders and quickly."

Finnegan

8f5f2c989ff4d8dea81c5f19579e812c.jpg

"Well, alrighty, their real master you say?" he asked the woman, a arched brow. "You said you controlled them huh...? I take it the first kidnapping of Bae might've been a trick on your part? Woulda been pretty funny if so, but we.. Uhh.. gotta hurry and find the fellah.." he considered now the surroundings.. No.. he wasn't certain where they could be.. Finding these creatures in their home territory took an experienced tracker, and that he was not.

"I don't think any of us as experienced trackers... the Survivalist role was to be our Guide's job. And if theres a master of these critters around, taking people, we have to save Bae at once..

And it seems a small bird gods damn it Sevie!" he looked around for the small bird, not spotting them in the slightest. "Gods above and below this went haywire real quick. Likely they brought her to the same place as bae! Grrr... One misstake balls into another... Just need to recover.. lest we lose them for good..." he let out a deep breath, considering a moment this woman was very much powerful... more powerful than he.. he would need to tread carefully with her.

He turned her way once more giving a nod. "Miss, I know that this is hard to put upon a stranger, but, I truely wish to aid our lost companions. Can you point us, or better yet show us, the way to the master of these spiders? I do not know who you are." he lied lightly on that part, but it's rude to speak someone's name not freely given. "But you may be our one few hopes of finding these things.

If you would, I shall be in you debt. Of this I swear." He wasn't about to let a moment go by, they needed after their wayward allies now. No wishy washying, no hour long Henny dance though it MIGHT actually improve his mood.

"Anyone have survival skills or know how to track? I may have said I don't think we had anyone with em but I could be wrong." he gazed at the others, sizing them up with appraisal...

Ophenianew.png
Confronting the whimsical idiocy of a flower.
"Hm?" Ophenia turned her head to Melissa. "What do you mean? I am Ophenia." She replied to her teasing statement. "Well in truth, that is not the name I was given when I was created, but it's much easier to use that name than the one I've been given! I'd be glad to tell you my given name if you would like to know!" Ophenia cheerily informed, mistaking her as asking if that's actually her name. In truth, using a portmanteau to name one's self is really weird, so the fae thought it was understandable that Melissa had asked that.

But when Melissa informed Ophenia that she was saying the wrong Ophenia was a bit shocked and felt a bit nervous. "Ah!? I've been using the wrong name the entire time?!" Ophenia blurted out, "Ah!! I'm so so so sorry! I didn't mean to, I swear! I kind of forgot what your name was cause it was really long... Lots of syllables always confuse me!" Ophenia hurriedly apologise, her face was that of embarrassment. "I swear I won't do it again, Miss M, E, L, I, Double S, A! Your name is quite unique~!" Ophenia oblivious spoke, her tone genuine. Truly, as dense as a black hole. Ophenia's face became even more shocked with Rowan's statement as well, and she quickly turned to her, "My my! I am so so sorry to you too! I didn't realise I've been saying both your name and Miss M, E, L, Double S, A's names wrong this entire time! I sincerely apologise!" The fae nervously replied.

"Truthfully, Mister Finn's and Miss Seven's names are quite easy to remember. Finn's name is short and simple. Seven's is a number, which is somewhat commonly used! Every time I see the number Seven, I think of how adorable and lovely the little bird is!" Ophenia mused with a bubbly tone, "Ah and to be fair, Fairies do not refer to those of greater power than them by name and only as by title. So I'd assume some other Fae species do the same. The Sylphid don't though since names are transient and often change within a garden, so we refer to each other by name pretty often to savour our time with that name." Ophenia informed, before sinking into some form of realisation and looking upward. "Speaking of the little birdie though, Miss Seven had ascended into the sky a while ago; She should've descended by? I do wonder. Maybe she spotted Mister Bay!" Ophenia cheerfully exclaimed.

Ophenia then felt it on Rowan's expression, and also from the new lady. Some form of irritation. Slight and varying. She didn't really understand it. An offended feeling that only really felt negative. Coral in colour. Contemptive. "Ah! I'm sorry!" Ophenia blurted out to the lady of which they(?) did not know the name. "It's extremely rude of me not, and though I can't offer much, I sincerely apologise from the depths of my heart for the noise that I have made! It was due to my ignorance of the nature of my magic's consequences that we have gotten into such an adverse situation!" The fae apologised to the stranger, while also lowering her head. "You do not have to accept my apology, but I feel it would be improper of myself not to at least apologise for my actions!" The fae added.

"But I do wish to help find both our Guide, Mister Bay, and find your spider friends! So it may be shameless of me, but I do beg that you tell us where the spiders' master may be as a way if you know, to assist us. After all, this is the least that I could do to show that I am truly sorry for my mistakes." Ophenia stated with an apologetic and solemn tone, before turning to Finn. "If I had a better affability with the wind, I may have been able to use it to track both our guide and the spiders, but unfortunately, I'd assume only Miss Seven could track down their whereabouts with the use of her flight. It seems that she isn't here though," Ophenia replied to the knight with a worrisome tone. Where oh where, could that bird be?

< VII >

"Let's see...where might it be that Bay would have gon--"

As previously remarked upon, Seven would quickly find herself upon a compromised position--as her wings attempted to wriggle themselves out from whence it would have been that her feathers would find themselves stuck.

Her eyes widened.

Each time she attempted to flap her wings out--each time she would attempt to retrieve her feeble talons from the coiled webbing, she only found herself either further tangled or further paralyzed. All that she could do, it seemed in that moment, was muster a terrible squawk as her eyes darted from place to place--screeching terrible screeches as she made every attempt she could to flail herself out.

And it wasn't as if she wouldn't see the spiders crawling fro and forth--it was undeniable that she would see them...

But she was too useless to escape the webbing.

zwRHxxn.jpg
Several thoughts ran through her mind a that moment. Several thoughts especially that she should have remained prideful--that she, as a monster would have been a failure if she were to cry out for help then and there--that she, as a person, should have easily been able to escape--

But monsters weren't people, now, were they? And she could barely even be considered a monster what with her tiny, useless bird's body. The appearance and fit thereof a tiny, endearing creature--yet the reality remained clear--she wanted to shout, she wanted to cry out--everything of her thoughts compelled her to cry for help once more. She knew this emotion clearly, and she dwelled on it every night and day there was that she'd had--

"P-Please...please help me--"
The bird could barely squawk out the words. Her eyes shut tightly before she despairingly continued--shouting out shakily--"Y-Yu...Ze...? F-Finn...! Ophenia...? Please--please help me...I'm...I'm...I can't...I..."

The words--they hurt. They hurt so much to say. Her chest felt as though it was being tightly gripped--and her body--

For a moment, in spite of the cotton preventing the pressurizing heat from continually flaring upon her, she felt as though she was burning, and yet still was she shivering--trembling amongst the bindings of the forest-- N-No. Nonononononono. How could she allow this? How could she allow herself to appear so useless like this once again?

It embarrassed her. It embarrassed her greatly.

Stifling her emotions, pretending as much as she could to ignore the previous cries she had made out, the bird squawked out once again to her team--

"...That way...! There's two spiders over there--"

It came about her throat as if a desperate cry--which it was. It was desperate to conceal her fear. The shakiness, her trembling...

Melissa
char2.jpg

Hearing Ophenia speak her name out word for word, Melissa would first crack a smile, before chuckling, and then facepalming herself, she’d laugh out loud like a maniac. She felt like something had just snapped in her head. “You’re joking, right? You’re pulling my leg here, right?” As she said this, she’d grab hold of the pink girl and shake her, completely ignoring the mysterious lady before them. After all, educating this pink troublemaker was of utmost priority now. She was starting to get on her nerves. First, she acted like an assassin. Then, she’d hit everyone with a deadly spell. And now, she’d continue getting Melissa’s name wrong. ARGHHH!

“So you can spell my name, why not read it as a whole? You know, combine the letters into a single word? I mean, don’t you find it odd that my name would be made of multiple individual letters that are separated and not joined together? Oh wait, since you’re probably going to mistake it again as something entirely different again, why not just refer to me as ‘that girl’, ‘the girl’, ‘this girl’. That should be simple enough, yes?”

Upon saying her piece, she’d then notice that the mysterious woman was speaking to them. Letting go of Ophenia hastily, she’d smile innocently and pretend like nothing had just happened. However, what the woman was saying was pretty confusing. Sooo… she lost control over the spiders, but they are returning to their real master? So she’s not the real master… Does that make her an underling serving under this real master, who was granted temporary control over the spiders? Questions swirled in her mind, but she would hold herself back from asking anything unnecessary, not wanting to converse with this evil being, and as another matter would arise.

The pet of the group had vanished! Or was she still scouting the area?

The group was getting desperate as Finn and Ophenia begged the lady for help, but Melissa wouldn’t have any of it. She would never beg an evil entity for help, and this woman had some evil vibes to her. If she wasn’t going to help them, then the group would have to gang up on her. 4 on 1? Melissa was liking their odds here, readying herself for combat.

The knight would then ask the others if they had any suitable skills for finding the missing duo, to which Melissa would shrug. “Calm down a sec, wasn’t Seven searching for Bay from the skies?”

A small, familiar voice would then be heard coming from far above them. Melissa couldn’t really hear it well, but she would look above her, scanning the trees for any spiders or missing birds.

Last edited:

Finn and Ophenia pleaded with Ghedd'un to aid them in finding Seven and Bay. Her placid expression made it impossible to tell if she even cared for their plight, however, her keen eyes glanced upward again. Before Ghedd'un made a move one way or the other, a faint chirping could be heard from overhead. The boughs of the trees prevented direct visual of Seven's location, but her telltale call would alert the discerning listener of her present distress in the canopy.

A slow blink and a slight frown betrayed the druidess's loathing to offer assistance, yet she relented and gave them what she could. Arachnid legs sprouted through slits in the back of her robe as she rose into the air.

"I presume the bird currently trapped in the canopy directly above us is your friend. I...did not mention it as I believed it to be an ordinary bird that would serve as my spiders' next meal." She said nonchalantly as she began to scale upwards towards Seven. Reaching the trapped avian, she whipped a leg through the webbing, effectively cutting her free of her binds. Catching the bird in her human hands, Ghedd'un returned to the ground and handed the bird to Finn as her arachnid legs retracted into her back. "As for the guide, I too have an interest in seeing him returned safely. The spiders that took him will travel along the canopy heading to their master, who resides in a hill of stone further west. By no means should you allow them to reach him.
"Whether you pursue through the treetops or on the ground, your last and perhaps best chance to catch the spiders will be at the river. It marks the end of my territory and the beginning of their master's, but more importantly, the treetops on either side of the river are too far apart to build a web across--not that I would tolerate such a bond betwixt our lands. They will have to return to the ground in order to find a place in the river narrow enough to cross. If you cannot catch them before, you must succeed at the riverbank."

Rowan Thorn
rowan.jpg
Rowan decided to interject softly, to give Melissa a chance to calm down more when talking to the large child in front of them. "My name is Rowan, like the tree. Though please understand Ophenia, when you consistently say seperate wrong names every time you talk to a person, it does make it seem like you are disrespecting them. It would be simpler if you kept asking for their name until you can remember it. Maybe try to associate a person's name with something to help you remember. " Rowan said to Ophenia, hoping the girl would use the plant imagery to really hammer it in that it was her name. The fae liked nature or something, so if she guided Ophenia into remembering her name, it would help everyone out- herself, Melissa, and Ophenia herself in the future.

Rowan was about to cast some stairs so they could get Seven from the trees, but the Druidess was kind enough to help out, leaving her time to speak to the others of the group. "I can block them at the pass, if we can get there in time. I would rather go on the floor, as the treetops are their domain, and if any of us fall, it will hurt. If you guys can take on the spiders, I can protect Bay. If you guys can take on the spiders, I can stay to the back with Bay and Seven and provide defense for everyone, and attack if needed. I am a slow runner, but I can do a decent endurance run." She spoke to her comrades before she bowed to the Druidess quickly, in thanks, also speaking politely her thanks. Even though speed was a priority, it was always best to polite to those in power. "Thank you for your aid. We will bring Bay Besitter here as soon as we can. Do you know who this new master is, and if you do, can you tell us anything about them? Like why they would want to take control of your spiders?"

Once she was done with formalities, Rowan would look for west quickly before setting off on a steady jog in the general direction of west, as to not tire herself out. She was sure they could keep up with her, and reasonable speed was of the utmost essence. She would keep an eye out all around her, in case she she could trap the spiders in a dome, thus caging them until the others got there to help finish them off. Rowan's focus would narrow on protecting the group, and finding Bay before something happened to him- whatever the spider's new master wanted to do to him. Probably the spiders would eat him, but she didn't know what else Bay could do that this new person could want from him. Maybe he had a cool power or something.

Ophenianew.png
Headin' your way!
"Huh? Pulling your leg? I can't even pick up a bucket let alone pull a le-" Ophenia would say playfully, but she'd quickly quiet down as Melissa grabbed her shoulders. As soon as Melissa would release the fae from her grip, Ophenia would stumble back a bit, before catching herself from falling. Shaking her head and then gently slapping her cheeks, she'd look at Melissa with a slightly confused and nervous smile. With a slight laugh, she'd begin her statement, "Well, honestly, I wouldn't find it odd if your name was M, E L, I, Double S, A since by technical standards my name is said similarly. So I don't think it's odd! After all, don't farmers usually name their cows after numbers? I thought that's why seven was named seven because she's the seventh bird of her family." Ophenia would explain with a smile. "I apologise for being ignorant, Miss That The This Girl." Ophenia would say while giving a slight bow.

Ophenia would make eye contact with Rowan as she explained how to memorise names. "Rowan? Like the tree? There are trees named Rowan? You're named after a tree?!" The fae would speak with intrigue and inherent excitement. "Wow! That's so wonderful! I wish I was named after a tree! I didn't know there are trees named Rowan-" Ophenia would then stop before looking at both Melissa and Rowan. "Ah! I must have gotten carried away! I'm so sorry for misremembering your names! I didn't mean to Miss That The This Girl, and Miss Named after the tree Rowan! With this new association strategy, I'll be sure to eventually say your names correctly, Miss Named after the tree Rowan and Miss That The This Girl!" Ophenia excitedly exclaimed. She'd then clap her hands, "How about this! I will call Miss Named after the tree Rowan, 'Ro'. And I will call Miss That The This Girl, 'Mel!" Ophenia would cheerfully ask with a bright smile.

As the druidess spoke of Seven and took ascent to retrieve the bird, Ophenia would turn her attention. "Oh my, Miss Seven are you alright?! Did you see bay up from there? Did any of the spiders try to eat you?" The fae would speak with concern in her voice. "If you are in any form of pain, I can sing you a song to make you feel better right away, Miss Seven!" Ophenia stated, before listening to the druidess's information. "Oh! It's so kind of you to tell us this, Miss. Thank you ever so kindly, you have my gratitude!" Ophenia would cheerfully speak with a warm smile on her face in response to the druidess's assistance.

Ophenia would listen in on Rowan's strategising. She'd think to herself as she listened, Take On? what would that mean, was what the sylph thought as Rowan continued her plans for saving Bay. Whatever the case, Ophenia would nod and happily agree, even though she didn't understand much besides that Rowan would stop the spiders with her barriers. Once Rowan explained her strategies and she had set off to ambush the spiders, Ophenia would follow after. Not with the same speed as the mage, but still moderately hasty.

Finn
54ab08e1168ca6bd5fe31d0783c67cbd.jpg
"...well thats new.." Is allo Finn could say about the woman literally growing gigantic spider legs to pull Seven down from above. Or were those legs always there..? magic? maybe? best he just nod and accept the fact she is being friendly, given the fact she did just save Seven! Who he took into his hands and pulled some of the lightwebs still stuck to the poor little thing. "There you go little princess, to think you got stuck up there..." he cooed softly, getting a unpleasant coil from under her wing.

"Henny was worried sick, best be more careful alright?" he smirked down to the little thing, before listening to the worlds words. "Across a river... Another controller of these spiders... Guess these woods are a battle ground of two controllers then... Magic certainly comes in many varieties, I've heard tale of some folk able to use it to transform or hide their true forms, or control over beings who have less mental fortitude." he scratched his chin with the hand currently not holding the soft bird.

"Magic that pierces conventional defences.. magic that protects and provides a sturdy barrier or wall.. Certainly is alot of magic out there i'd say. Brilliant stuff! not to mention it can heal of course, bring back the bloody dead even... Which we'll have to do if..."

He paused for a second, noticing the others were already running off...

"...Ah, guess I should catch up. Alright. Ms. Ghedd'un. its a pleasure to meet you. but unfortunately, time to catch those spiders." he gave the woman a bow, a sign of respect, before allo but flitting from sight to catch up with the others, bringing the bird in tow. (Fast F)

"Come on folks we don't got much time Hup two hup two! Feet up and less tripping gotta find that river!" his voice called over the forest, seemingly cheery once more to be on the trial again.

Last edited:
Melissa
2D3E2907-3EA2-4823-B97F-8DDC3ADAD974.jpeg

Seeing how Ophenia almost lost her balance from Melissa shaking her too hard, the blacksmith would mutter, “Umm… whoops…” While this girl did make her head hurt a lot, Melissa didn’t really have any intention to hurt her. Maybe she’d used too much force when she was blinded by her rage… ahh, this was no good… she could do better…

As the pink lady would apologize for her wrongdoings yet again, Melissa would heave a sigh, seeing how she still couldn’t get her name right. Oh well… it’s not like it’s that big of a deal anyway. She can’t keep letting it ruin her mood and lose her temper unnecessarily. She was better than this! She nodded, silently thinking to herself.

When Rowan would suggest associating their names to something, Melissa would rack her brains coming up with something similar… hmmm… Was there such a tree out there coincidentally named Melissa? She wouldn’t be able to come up with much, and just then Ophenia would suggest calling them ‘Ro’ and ‘Mel’ respectively. “Well sure, that’s progress at the very least.” Finally, they were getting somewhere.

At that point, the dark mysterious lady would ascend up into the trees to rescue Seven, who almost got devoured by her spiders for their next meal. “And I’m sure you’d enjoy catching us as your very next meal.” She’d mutter under her breath, while watching her with suspicious eyes. Even though she did rescue Seven safe and sound, Melissa still kept her guard up, looking over the lady from head to toe. “Thanks, I guess…” She’d say curtly, before turning her attention to the bird’s condition, who seemed to be mostly fine. “Glad to see you’re doing well, Seven.”

The group would then head for their next location, Melissa would follow right behind, not being the fastest runner among the group. She may have the muscle for smithing, but that was just about it.

< VII >

As the three lasses would bicker over names, the spider woman would eventually retrieve the bird as she remained silent, staring curiously upon the spider woman's legs as they would cross from end to end--such strong, terrifying legs, it seemed. It would have been dangerous for anybody to be attacked by such sharp limbs...

"...A meal." She repeated the spider woman's description of her with a slight, growling cur to her voice--simple, curt would it whisper out from her beak.

Soon came the fae's exuberant questioning once more--asking if the spiders had yet attempted to eat her, or if she had managed to catch Bay. Tiredly glancing toward the fae girl as she would respond.

"As much as I attempted to seek the man, I cannot say that I myself had seen him directly. I still, however, managed the sight of two silhouettes resembling spiders carrying something rather large. I assume it was likely Bay." She nodded her head. "And no. I was not nearly eaten this time."

Shutting her eyes, the bird heeded a sigh as she would begin to flap her wings off to seat herself atop Finn's shoulder for safety along their journey down--

zwRHxxn.jpg

Only for him to take her first before she event had the chance to respond--the bird squawked with confusion as his [Fast F] speed would carry them directly towards the rest of the party. Holding on tightly, her talons and beak struggled to keep up with Finn's running speed as she found herself surprised and almost sick from all the motion that she did not yet expect to experience...

And maybe a bit flustered.

"S-Stupid knightman!! Just because I'm a slow flyer and helpless and like being treated well doesn't mean you need to carry me around like a princess all the time!!!"

Dizzy, the bird would struggle to regain her balance, squawking more and more with confusion as she proceeded to glare silently at Finn, a "hmph!" as they caught up.

Ghedd'un had said her piece and simply watched the party take off one at a time without further reply. Despite their individual speeds, the group fell in line behind Rowan, who had taken off first. The uneven terrain and crowded trees prevented them from easily passing one another. Everyone that is except Finn, who effortlessly bounded over hill and dale, despite his armor. If he chose, he could easily maneuver up to the front of the group. Until then, however, Rowan would be in the lead.

As they ran through the woods, they were not assaulted by more giant spiders but other more normal creatures could be seen and heard. Birds were calling to one another. A deer looked up curiously as the party neared before trotting off further into the forest. Squirrels bounded between the limbs beneath the cottony webbing of the canopy.

The terrain had a general upward trend to it, but the party suddenly came to a ravine cutting through the landscape. It was several feet wide and deep. Finn would be able to jump it with room to spare, but the others would have to wait on Rowan's barriers in order to cross. On the other side of the ravine, the tall shrubs prevalent across much of the forest floor began shaking as something large came stomping up to the ravine. A lone owlbear emerged, its gaze snapping to the party on the far side. Its beak opened to let out a prolonged hiss before a more shrill screech echoed along the floor of the ravine.

10b9fc208094e2a6434ea6d8fc91b808.jpg

Ophenianew.png
Oh no!... Anyway~
Ophenia was weak. Running through a forest in pursuit of something was quite unfun for the fae, who'd much rather enjoy long leisurely walks than swift runs in an unkempt forest. Along the way though, as she ran, as she observed her surroundings, she felt nostalgia. Flowing emotions, and memories ran through her head. Memories of her time in that place. In her home. In The Glade. The hues of earth, the chirping birds, the animals startled by someone's erratic running. It felt freeing. Except for the part where they stopped running in front of a ravine as sweat trickled down her forehead and she took multiple long exasperated breaths. Horrible experience. The nostalgia was not worth it.

Breathing a heavy sigh, with her hands on her knees, Ophenia jolted right back up. Hands curled into two fists as a determined smile spread across her face. She couldn't be dumbed down by a little running. After all, she was just as much a dancer as she was a songstress, so a little bit of running was healthy for the fae. That was what she thought, ignoring her feeble physical strength. On the other hand, there was now a ravine that was blocking their progress, so they'd be relying on Rowan to build a barrier to help them cross. On the other hand, Seven could fly over and-

Suddenly Ophenia's attention was redirected to a shrill noise emanating from the other side of the ravine. The young fae's eyes glittered when an Owlbear locked eyes with the party, and excitement enveloped her mind. Ophenia giddily turned to the party with a cheerful expression, "Everyone! Look at how adorable that Owlbear is!" Ophenia oblivious exclaimed with a loud bubbly tone as she pointed to the inherently menacing creature. Ophenia turned over to the creature and gently waved to it. "Hi there Mister or Miss Owlbear! How fair you on this fine day?" Ophenia said with a moderate volume with a much more calm tone, still with her cheerful disposition. Ophenia turned back to her allies, "I wonder if there are any more of them around here!" Ophenia spoke obliviously. "Ah! But we better get a move on! We don't want to miss the spiders!" The fae reminded herself, as she neared herself to Rowan. "Miss Ro, can you be so kind as to please create a barrier we can use to cross the ravine? It would be truly helpful!" Ophenia asked, with a warm smile on her face.

As Ophenia would wait for Rowan to procure a barrier to use as a crossing bridge, she'd dismiss the clearly threatening Owlbear as a harmless creature as she'd energetically peer around her surroundings, as she was still looking out for that elusive probably not real blue flower with red thorns that their guide mentioned. After all, now was as good a time as any.

Finn

"...Look folks we really don't have time, expedience is required and somebody may be inchs away from being EATEN right now so we gotta go. I'm going across, you all get over, then we continue running, no stopping to look at the wild life no picking flowers. We gotta GO!" Finn spoke up quickly, fixing a latch on his armor. "Keep up and we'll see Bae alive again! Spiders likely already crossed the gap it means we gotta actually fight the master of em, stay together, don't get caught out and don't let yourselves get distracted." he ends his little bit of words with a tap of his foot on the ground.

"Hold tight Seven." and with that, the man... leapt the damn crevasse.

Not so much the crevasse but leapt towards the owlbear, sword drawn, he aimed to execute a leaping strike upon it so he could possibly make it run, or even kill it. no time for games it was time to GO!

Time to focus and be smart, one might smell smoke coming from the knights ears as his two brain cells work around the clock thinking things through.

• Leaping Strike - Jumping F, Fighting style, Drain E - A leaping strike aiming to close distances and deal a debilitating blow to the head. Drains Strength by two effective grades on hit. Last 1 round Grade E - 1 Post Cooldown
He only hoped a certain songstress didn't heal it the moment hes striking it...

Rowan Thorn
rowan.jpg
They came across another ravine-which was where Rowan earned her money- in transport and travelling. Her skills were great for getting over difficult obstacles such as this- not everyone could just casually leap the distance. With her abilities, she could probably make a bunch of different businesses, considering how long her barriers actually lasted for.
Rowan cast her magic, and a long pathway comfortably spanning the distance in the pretty purplish-pink color that her magic manifested itself as, slightly higher than where they were standing, so they wouldn't be accosted as they crossed the approximately 30 ft gap. (Even More Advanced Barrier Stairs- Grade E- 0 Post Cooldown) "After all of you. If anything, we can come back for the owlbear later." Rowan said, quietly going into her back for a few pieces of the jerky rations she had on her, tossing some over the side for the owlbear to munch on, as it was probably hungry or something. Hopefully not for sentient creatures like them, but for meat in general- that the meat would be enough of a distraction for it to leave them alone- as it didn't seem too friendly, though it hadn't attacked them yet. Then she would set off across the barrier bridge, waving the others to hurry along with her in case the owlbear decided to get nasty and try to attack them. Maybe she could react in time to save them if they were pushed over the edge, but it was a situation she wanted to stay away from as much as possible- they needed to save their strength for the spiders. "Hurry up Melissa, Ophenia! We have to go! If it attacks, the owlbear will probably body us into the ravine."

< VII >

zwRHxxn.jpg

Staring towards the owlbear, she considered her options--of which, there were none at all. Unless she believed it was possible to tame a ravaging animal with her words alone--but the fact of the matter was that this was a beast, not a person.

Upon the pink fairy's proposal of its cuteness--her eyes widened with confusion--

"C...Cute??" In what way was this thing supposedly endearing?? Her beak squabbled open as she sought the words to describe her confusion, though none seemed viable enough to be purposeful. In what way was that thing meant to be cute???

Unable to do anything in the crisis at hand, all that the bird could do was but to simply hold tightly to the the blond knight as he would act against the large owlbear. After all, it would have been dangerous for her to exit from that safe zone with the risk of other possible monsters within the forest. Hiding within the safety of his armor, she stuck closely to him as she wondered further and further--

Just what could she even do? What more could she do when she was all but only one tiny, tiny bird?

Her grip became tighter, though not out of her desire to survive. Muttering to herself quietly, she regarded the scene at hand--her helplessness reigning over her ability to accomplish:

"Just what can I do?"

Last edited:
Melissa​

“What the hell is that?” Melissa said, squinting at the beast at the other side of the ravine. An owl fused with a bear? Such a thing existed? It seemed that even Ophenia was able to recognize the creature as an owlbear… wow, she really had much to learn about this world. Although the pink fae didn’t seem to find it threatening, Melissa knew better than to trust the pink fae, as the owlbear let out a deafening screech, likely as a sign of hostility. At this point, the pink lady would probably find everything cute and friendly. Just where exactly did she come from for her to be this oblivious?

When Rowan would set up her barriers for them to cross, Melissa would hastily sprint across the bridge, her focus on the enemy ahead of them rather than fearing how high up she was above the ravine. Upon reaching the other side, she’d equip her weapon and shield, charging right for the owlbear from its side, intending to provide backup to Finn with a follow up slash of her own. If they weren’t able to kill it here, then maybe she had to hold it off while the others continued on their way to saving Bay. "We don't have time to play, you ugly beast!"

Finn wasted no time and leapt the gap after calling instructions to his comrades. His sword cuts true and decapitates the owlbear, the head rolling off into the ravine. By the time Rowan conjures a bridge, the carcass had collapsed and blood pooled around the stump of its neck. Melissa's assistance as well as the jerky dropped by Rowan would both be in vain.

The pursuit continues.

The journey thus far had been an uphill one, rising further still after they had left Ghedd'un. Now on the other side of the ravine, however, the land began to slope downward. Boulders protruded from the ground here and there, and eroded trails left by the runoff carved "slides" into the sloped ground. If one isn't careful, the loose topsoil might slip out from under them and carry them down the slope haphazardly.

Eventually, the group reaches a ledge overlooking a sharper downward grade. The trees thin and fall away with the slope allowing the party a clear vantage point from their ledge of what lies ahead; the sounds of rushing water denote what their eyes now behold further below: the river dividing the territories of which Ghedd'un had spoke. Across the expanse lie more wood, darker and more unkempt than these. From those treetops a cascading veil of webbing fluttered in the breeze halfway to the ground despite riding the air currents.

Suddenly--far to the right and further down towards the river--the distinct clattering of branches being struck against one another as something shifted between them on its way down through the canopy echoed over the river's cadence. Descending from their lofty, cotton highway, two large spiders delicately claw their way to the ground. On the back of one of the beasts, a sack made of webbing jostled slightly as it moved.

The last leg of the race had begun.

10b9fc208094e2a6434ea6d8fc91b808.jpg

Finnegan
129f6ff55fad064eef6ad84135315087.jpg

"Right, finally found the things... I'm not waiting up, catch up when you can and help as yea must but we gotta hustle." The knight wasted little time on answers, no doubt the sack contained their friend... If not, they'd just have to find more spiders. But, if luck was on his side, that would be it.. But you can only trust luck so much, guess thats why all that did happen, did. The young man stepped off the ledge onto the slope, he would slide down side ways, feet digging into the dirt of the slope. Moving on up, he'd slip down the slope quickly, grinding down the side on his side to let his weight bring him down on the loose soil. he was dirtied but he got down to the riverside swiftly enough.

He would continue his charge, intercepting the duo rushing, before the spider he would plant a foot, the ground divetting a boot print into the dirt with his stomp, he brought the sword horizontally, aiming to sever legs from this beast.

Leaping Strike - Jumping F, Fighting style, Drain E - A leaping strike aiming to close distances and deal a debilitating blow to the head. Drains Strength by two effective grades on hit. Last 1 round Grade E - 1/1 Post Cooldown

Users who are viewing this thread

Back