• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Clyvelle

Memorial Mob
Goals
1. Escape the red storm
2. Figure out Jareth's geographical location
3. Find a path back to civilization, ultimately Ryken
4. Figure out why slimes make good travelling companions (or not)

Cast
Jareth Fletcher
Achu

Last edited:
ad1055abf0cc9081dd50f7ce78216117.jpg

The sky above the Empire's Northern Desert had turned blood red. Heavy clouds obscured the sun for many days across the sandy region's western half. Lightning strikes became commonplace as the sanguine clouds perpetually flashed with the supernatural energy now coursing through them.

Everywhere you turn, there is nothing but red-tinged desert. A moderate wind blows out from the place off in the distance where the lightning is most concentrated. No creature stirs on the surface except those burrowing to what they hope is safety.

None...save a young man about to wake and a slime that has discovered him.

7ad49b5771c3e6cff6e70b8481b19c35.jpg

Jareth Fletcher
|Human|MIA|Scorned|Sandman|On the Wind|
Jareth had spotty recollection of what happened after the winds shook him free of Michael's grasp. He remembered the sensation of tumbling endlessly through the air, being mere specks of sand caught on a bewitched wind. At some point he had blacked out.

Now, awaking on the desert floor, he found himself whole again. Furthermore his body had returned to a fleshly state. The only sand to be found on his person was that which was dusting him, carried on the aggressive wind still blowing across the region.

Jareth's fascination at his present condition was shortlived, however, as he became aware that a nearby oozy...thing was staring at him. He jumped away from it instinctively with an involuntary cry.

Stats
  • Strength - F
  • Precision - B
  • Intelligence - C
  • Vitality - C
  • Speed - D

Senses
  • Supersense [Tremorsense] E (14) - 100ft radius
Passive Skills
  • Resistance [Physical] F
  • Regeneration F
  • Resilient [Fatigue (caused by hunger, thirst, lack of sleep)] F

Achu

Why was the sky red? Had he finally descended into hell? Why was he still a slime though? Achu had many idle questions rolling around in his head, but despite this, he kept moving forward without hesitation. When the grass had first turned into sand, he was initially apprehensive about continuing, but if he wanted to explore this strange fantastical world that appeared after his death there was no hesitating. He was a monster anyways, it's not like he could just enter a town and live a carefree life. Maybe that was his punishment.

For once, Achu spotted something out of the ordinary, something that wasn't just red-lit sand. A body? Food? He hadn't eaten in a while. So even if it might feel weird consuming an intact humanoid body, he wasn't apprehensive enough to not try it. There was nothing else out here anyway. "Thanks for the food." Achu whistled, carefree, whilst sliding over casually.

A young man with white hair. Though he knew he had entered a world of fantasy and magic, it was still a bit odd getting used to the fantastical hair and eye colours here. He imagined the human was about the same age as he was, before he passed. Just as he was pondering how to go about eating him, the assumed corpse suddenly sprung to life, leaping away from him with a start.

"ACK! WHAT THE-" Achu cried out similarly, also leaping away instinctively, leaving a large distance between the pair.

"A z-zombie? Oh, wait, you probably weren't dead huh? Why were you sleeping on the sand?!" He attacked him with a barrage of questions to make up for the heart attack he just endured.

Calming himself down, he pondered something internally. Since he was staring at the human's face, he knew very well that he didn't open his eyes before leaping away. How did he know exactly where he was? He must have some supernatural hearing or something.

Meeting a human though, had never gone well for Achu. Screaming and charging at him with pitchforks was the usual encounter.

"Um, uh, I wasn't trying to eat you, I promise." He pleaded cautiously, shrinking himself into a ball and inching away.

Jareth Fletcher
The bizarre slimy thing spoke. Jareth stared at it bewildered. What was this thing? It's talking about eating him, but...it looks so....Jareth reached out a hand to touch the thing, rubbing his hand across its surface if it allowed.

"What are you...?" he asked.

Thunder rumbled overhead. This of course was followed by the red flashes of abnormal lightning. Jareth's attention was drawn to this unnatural phenomena in the sky.

Red. Everything had turned red. Last thing he remembered he had jumped with Michael....

"...from the island...." Jareth said as he slowly turned and looked around every which way to see if the island could be found. The heavy darkened clouds gave no clue as to whether or not an island had even existed. All that showed was darkened clouds and flashes of lightning that seemed to get more frequent in a particular direction.

Jareth turned back to the slime.

"Do...you know where we are...?" he asked hesitantly.

All that mattered was finding his way back to Ryken.

Stats
  • Strength - F
  • Precision - B
  • Intelligence - C
  • Vitality - C
  • Speed - D

Senses
Passive Skills
  • Regeneration F

Achu

Achu was utterly stupefied, standing perfectly still as he got his head pat by the strange human. He was so ready for a merciless kick to the face, a dagger to be unsheathed, or just something that would activate his fight or flight instinct.

It was only once the stranger asked his question, that he realized the human did not that he was a monster. A creature to be slain on sight without a thought.

The cogs turned in his head quickly, fabricating how to lie in his favour, and what kind of creature he should claim to be, but in the end, he decided to just keep things simple.

"I'm a slime."

He answer finitely, with a slight, playful smile. If he asked further, it was only then he would lie. Otherwise, he wanted to avoid the possibility of the crime of deception later on leading to his second death.

"And no, I have no clue. I don't know where anything is, I'm pretty new... uh, here." The words, 'I'm pretty new to this world', almost slipped off his tongue, but he managed to hold them back in time. He didn't want to seem like a lunatic so early on.

In all honesty, Achu was very excited. A human that did not kill him on sight? Someone he could converse with and have conversations with? He seriously wanted to start chatting up a storm, but he could tell that the stranger seemed quite bewildered and lost.

Well, he could at least try and be a helpful slime to his newfound companion eh?

"Hm, all I know is that if you travel for some time in the direction behind me, you will leave this desert. I don't remember if there were any signposts or civilizations near there though." He contemplated, looking up at the stranger with serious-looking beady red eyes.

Jareth Fletcher
"A slime...." Jareth repeated, syncing the word with the appearance of this creature in his mind. It resembled what might be left in a handkerchief after blowing your nose during a bad cold. Though, admittedly, Achu's appearance did not make Jareth's skin crawl quite as much as the handkerchief visual. Shuddering the image away, he looked around as Achu mentioned his similar measure of ignorance concerning their location.

A bolt of lightning struck the ground a stone's throw away causing Jareth to cower for a moment.

"We best move for now...Away from that direction, I'd wager!" Jareth said loudly gesturing towards the direction of the frequent lightning strikes.

Jareth took the lead walking directly away from where he pointed. He knew what had caused that storm, and he wanted nothing more to do with anything there. Putting distance between themselves and the island would be the best bet for now.

"My name's Jareth by the way." Jareth offered as he pulled his robe tighter about his person.

The heavy clouds did their part in sparing the pair from the scorching desert sun, but the red lightning seemed like a worse trade as far as environmental hazards. After some observation, it became manageable: the sand would slither inward in a radial pattern around where a strike was about to hit. Rarely, usually before the worst strikes, red orbs of light could be seen in the vicinity as well.

Additionally, the moderate wind that blew seemed to change direction every so often, offering a nice tailwind one moment then opposing them has a headwind the next. Other times it blew from either side throwing off their forward momentum one way or the other. Sand was constantly wafting into the air causing the pair to shield their eyes or squint through the particulate.

Eventually a rock outcropping loomed over the horizon as the dim sky grew dimmer with the approach of nightfall. Jareth would lead them up to its perimeter.

"We should camp around here, I think." Jareth called to Achu. "Let's see if there's a place we can take shelter in, like a cave or something."
Stats
  • Strength - F
  • Precision - B
  • Intelligence - C
  • Vitality - C
  • Speed - D

Senses
Passive Skills
  • Regeneration F

Achu

Achu carefully watched the human's every expression after announcing his species, waiting for a tell-tale sign of recollection or fury but fortunately, neither ever came. Moving past it with a casual smile, his attention was struck by the abrupt strike of red electricity nearby.

"Hm, when did the storm get so close?" Achu mumbled casually, looking up at the crimson tinged skies with a blank gaze. Admittedly, he was very curious about the supernatural storm and what lay past it, but he'd likely get eradicated by one of those lightning strikes before he could even get close. Glancing at the burnt sand mark left behind by the lightning bolt, he quickly followed after his new travelling companion as he shared his name.

"Oh, you can call me Achu, or just 'slime', whatever you like." He replied back amicably, speedily slithering by Jareth's boots before getting distracted by some strange spiral-like patterns in the sand. Likely because he still had food on his mind, he questioned whether there was some shelled desert-life hiding beneath the sand, waiting out the storm and therefore being free food. Eagerly, he slithered on over, only to have the world shine crimson right before his eyes, a lightning bolt striking a mere few inches away from his face.

"ACK! That was close." He hopped back in shock, only now figuring out what fate those spirals of sand lead to. Magic lightning was strange. But well, at least, it had a feature that made it avoidable.

The red orbs of light similarly captured his attention and curiosity, but after figuring out the first sign, he became patient enough to figure out the latter too. "I've really got nothing but sand to nibble on huh." He couldn't help but complain under his breath, especially after he got face-slapped by said sand. He could consume anything, but the flavour and texture of sand really was not to his taste.

The outcrop over the horizon was a godsend after hours of nothing but sand. Achu had already spent many hours wandering the desert before meeting Jareth, so god knows how excited he was to see something other than sand all day.

The bronze mountains loomed sturdily, tinted by the darkening maroon skies. Its layers of sedimentary rock seemed to glow a faint amber on one side, but shadowed completely in darkness on the other.

"Sounds good to me." Achu responded a little less energetically than usual, weary from the mindless travelling of the day.

Stretching and shrinking himself to jump his way up and around thin and tall ledges alike, it wasn't too long before he found a small cavern suitable for Jareth to stay in, located on the darker sides of the desert outcrop. Though the entrance did not block the sandy winds very well, around the corner there was a relatively-flat raised platform of stone that seemed suitable for sleeping on, with the corner walls blocking the erratic weather.

Though there was no space on the small platform for Achu to sleep, he found something similar to a hollowed-out burrow just beneath the ledge, which he could comfortably settle in.

"Jareth, over here!" He called out in a friendly manner, somewhat revitalized by his find. Allowing the human to inspect or settle in or what not, he sat himself down in his burrow before deciding to speak up again.

"So, how'd you get here Jareth? And where are ya heading?" He questioned in a light-hearted tone, hoping to just make some casual conversation before bed.

A human, though for some reason amicable to his presence right now, likely wouldn't be able to stay his companion for too long. So, Achu really had to capitalize on this chance to talk as much as he wants to, as well as probably try and gather info about this new world.

Jareth Fletcher
Achu hopped up the side of the rock formation while Jareth circled the base. Eventually, Jareth heard the slime calling to him. Climbing up to where he was, Jareth entered the small cave. There wasn't much to it, but it would give them partial cover from the wind. It would also hide them from prying eyes if something should pass by.

Walking to the back of the cave, Jareth sat down next to where Achu was bedding. Only when he sat down did Jareth realize that he wasn't tired. Even after walking all day, he did not feel the need to just collapse in a heap. He was...fine.

Well...I'll just sit here with my eyes closed then. Sleep will come soon enough.... Jareth thought as he laid back against the wall of the cave and closed his eyes.

The sounds of Achu settling caused Jareth to take a moment to consider his traveling companion. This was a slime apparently. Kind of on the small side. Holdable. He said his name was...Achu. Achoo? Like...a sneeze...? A smile slowly curled Jareth's lip, eventually pulling his lips apart in a small grin, which in turn gave way to a small chuckle that led to even more laughter. It seemed so silly and yet, this was the thing that made Jareth laugh in that small cave he shared with the first slime he'd ever met. It was the first good laugh he'd have in...a long time.

Jareth's laughter would die down as Achu asked him about what brought him out here. Unlike the slime's name, the events that brought Jareth to this desert--what he had endured while out here--were the exact opposite of funny. His eyes would open as he looked to Achu. Lifting his head off the wall, Jareth would let it hang down towards his chest as he relived the events that led him here.

"I...was on a mission for the adventurer's guild. My friend...Michael...wanted me to join him on a mission to the city of Aslan. We were going to meet a diviner to hopefully find the lineage of the woman who submitted the job to the guild. It would be too slow to travel by foot or by carriage, so we travelled by portal. It was my first time using a portal! I never realized how...beautiful those magical planes were....
"We had arrived with no problem. Our tour guide was...kind of scary actually. She levitated us around the city at incredible speed! I thought we were going to die several times. I actually threw up on another person travelling with us. I don't think I ever paid him back for that come to think of it....

"Anyway, we finally found the shop and everything was going fine it seemed." Jareth drew his knees up to his chest, hugging them. "I...got spooked while in the store, so I stepped outside for some air. I think...Michael actually came out after me, but then...," Jareth shook his head, "...everything went black....
"When I woke up...I was naked...strapped to a table in a strange room. There were...people...made of wind and wearing white robes that came in to check on me...But...they...they...."
Jareth's fingers tugged at his hair. His breathing came in strained gasps. Eventually, through gritted teeth, he spat out, "They killed me!"

Jareth moaned and whimpered, but he could no longer cry. The details of his torture would have to wait.

Stats
  • Strength - F
  • Precision - B
  • Intelligence - C
  • Vitality - C
  • Speed - D

Senses
Passive Skills
  • Regeneration F

Achu

Adventurer's guilds, diviners, carriages, portals, magical planes, levitation, the more Achu attentively listened, the more he realized he had truly dropped into a classic, medieval fantasy world, a staple genre for books, shows and movies alike. He almost couldn't resist smiling or laughing aloud at the fact, knowing his situation was the dream of many of his past life's acquaintances, though those desires quickly faded away as Jareth's tone slowly, but notably changed.

Human experimentation? Was Achu's honest, first thought that came to mind. Though he didn't particularly care to think about the morality of the whole thing, he felt genuinely apologetic towards Jareth. What started off, and was intended to be, a light-hearted question, somehow devolved into the re-telling of a trauma, and Achu was no therapist.

For a moment, the blue slime was at a loss, silently staring at the pitiful situation his human companion was in. But he quickly came to the conclusion that he needed to stop the human's train of thought immediately. He himself lacked much empathy, but he had found that distractions, subtle or not, were often useful when it came to certain social situations.

"But you're alive now!" Achu cheered loudly in an oddly energetic and lively tone, a jarring contrast to Jareth's current situation. Climbing out of his little burrow, he took in a deep breath and stretched himself into a tall bean-like pole shape. Sliding himself over to sit right in front of the human, which was weird because he was top heavy, he locked eyes with Jareth by peering downwards before inquiring.

"You are alive right?"

"Not a zombie?"

"Human?"

He continued to ask his most mundane and unnecessary questions in a lively tone, swaying back and forth as he struggled to keep balance, before eventually falling flat on his face on the ground with an 'oof', reverting back to his usual small blob form in the process.

He was no stranger to playing the role of the fool, though he did wonder what the human would think of him after this. All that mattered was that Jareth's thoughts were distracted, and if they were distracted, he would quickly shift the topic to something else with a smile, as if nothing ever happened.

It was not that Achu didn't want to hear the details of what had happened back then, but it was glaringly obvious to him that those events were much too recent, too painfully and vividly fresh in Jareth's mind. Time would probably heal his wounds. But unfortunately, Achu would not be there to hear his story then.

Jareth Fletcher
Jareth had been running on adrenaline since escaping his captors. He had not taken time to really process what had been done to him or how it really affected him. While unexpected and unwanted, his sudden emotional response to replaying his trauma was necessary for catharsis. Of course, Jareth knew nothing of emotional release, having pent up many emotions since childhood, so the inner turmoil and its outward expression were perceived as more of an embarrassing nuisance than a necessary evil.

Perhaps the slime picked up on Jareth's internal conflict, as it began to behave erratically, like a pet becoming frantic in the presence of a distressed baby (read: sibling). The strange wobbling, jostling, jiggling shapes it took as it attempted to comfort Jareth drew the boy's attention and eventually managed to distract him. Watching the slime morph this way and that got Jareth thinking about his sand form. He had done many weird things while escaping the island. Perhaps he could learn how to control himself better by watching the slime.

Sniffling some as his posture relaxed and opened slightly to better observe the slime, Jareth raised his hand and tried to mimic some of the stretching movements of the slime. Jareth stared intently at his hand for several moments, but its fleshly appearance never changed.

"Huh...?" Jareth made an inquisitive noise as he tried all the harder to activate his sand body.

After several more moments trying and failing to alter his body in any way, save for getting a rushing, pounding sensation in his head from tensing so hard, Jareth slumped back against the wall once more. He winced while holding his head.

"Part of me wants to disagree that I'm human anymore, Achu...but it seems like I can't activate my sand powers anymore...." Jareth said, unsure whether to be grateful or upset that he was more or less normal again. "Maybe...I'm tired after all. Let's try and get some rest now. I doubt the desert will be any smaller tomorrow."

Jareth would be long in trying to get to sleep. Eventually, his mind did slip into a sort of lucid dream-like state, but his awareness of the waking world still held. It would be the first night in a long time that he did not dream of being consumed by sand. This time he was the sand consuming everything.

The cave dwellers would be awoke by a bolt of lightning striking at the rock in which they were sleeping. It hit on the opposite end of the outcropping from where the cave was, but the reverberations were felt throughout. Not even the rocks were safe it seemed.

"We should probably go." Jareth said as he emerged cautiously from the cave entrance.

The dark clouds still hung overhead, but what was worrisome was that the concentration of lightning strikes they had been retreating from seemed no less distant after all their walking yesterday. Jareth pulled the hood of his robes up against the sand still blowing relentlessly on the wind. It seemed this magical storm had a mind of its own.

"We approached the outcropping from this direction so we should go around and keep heading that way. I hope we aren't walking in circles...." Jareth said slightly concerned.
Stats
  • Strength - F
  • Precision - B
  • Intelligence - C
  • Vitality - C
  • Speed - D

Senses
Passive Skills
  • Regeneration F

Achu

Raising his head off the floor and peeking at his only audience, Achu breathed an internal sigh of relief before rolling backward and picking himself up. The human's bright eyes were laced with clarity. It was clear to him that he was no longer stuck in some trance, or whatever memory of the past. Dusting himself off, or well attempting to with his lack of limbs, Achu immediately found Jareth doing something else a little concerning. Pondering what was wrong with Jareth's hand, and why the human was staring absolute daggers at it, he was about to speak up before Jareth beat him to it.

"You're... oddly suited for the desert huh." Achu began with a vague sense of wonder, before biting his tongue in contemplation of what to say next. Hesitating in situations like this was not like him, but the thought of angering or disheartening the only creature willing to speak with him since his spawning made him uncharacteristically cautious.

"In the end, I don't think it really matters whether you're human or not." He consoled a little tiredly after a long pause. "What matters is that you're alive. And if you're alive, you can do whatever you want." The slime smiled a little ironically, thinking such words really struck home with him too. After all, he was nothing but a gelatinous slime now. But that didn't stop him from enjoying his new life.

"Whether you want vengeance or not, you do you bro." He yawned silently, before sliding back towards his bed for sleep. The sounds of shuffling and sandstone pebbles being rolled about filled the air whilst Achu settled back into his burrow. He mumbled a quiet 'good night' before closing his eyes for the rest of the night.

---

Being jolted awake was not a pleasant feeling, but one Achu had gotten used to after sleeping in the wilderness for so many days straight.

"Yeah. A new day, a new 20 miles of sand to traverse."

He sighed, but recalling that he had a companion by his side, he felt a little more energized. Caught off guard by the winds outside the cavern, Achu was almost blown right back inside before he caught his balance and observed the lightning strikes in the distance.

"As long as we're moving away from the storm, I think we'll be fine." He hummed, clearly not particularly worried, before glancing at Jareth's complexion.

"...Do you not get hungry anymore? Or thirsty?" He inquired a little hesitantly, wondering how he hadn't heard a word of complaint from the human for more than a day now. He had his speculations about the human experimentation sure, but it was probably better to ask than to ignore his needs. "If we could find something other than sand and rocks today, that would be awesome."

Jareth Fletcher
I can do whatever I want...? Jareth had thought as though being offered an option he had not been aware of. The question was: what was it that he wanted to do?

As they braved the blowing sands and lightning once more, Achu asked Jareth a very interesting question. He was taken aback by it because he had yet to notice himself. Jareth took a moment to become conscious of his body's desires, but it was immediately clear that he lacked the usual inclinations one might have in this situation. He could still feel the heat and the sandy wind on his face, but his internal functions were vastly gone or diminished, it seemed.

"No...I hadn't taken time to notice yet, but...I suppose I don't. Get hungry, that is. Actually, I've been terribly thirsty for a long time, but...water doesn't quench me anymore. I just...got used to it. It's like you said though: I really do seem to be made for the desert at this point. Now if I could just get my sand working again...." said Jareth, glancing down at his hand again. "Ah, what about you, Achu? I can't imagine the sand is good for a slime. Are you ok?"

With the thickest part of the storm at their backs, the pair trudged off into the dunes. It seemed like the region they were entering had more rock formations scattered around. Sparse at first, with miles between the cave they camped in and the next formation, but gradually becoming more frequent as they continued. Most of them were flatter, barely rising a foot or two off the ground, most likely a result of prolonged erosive conditions. Off in the distance they could see jets of sand suddenly spewing up from the ground occasionally.

Another development they eventually noticed was that the strikes were becoming less frequent and mostly occurring behind them. Of course, strikes still happened ahead of them, so they weren't out of the storm yet, but it did seem like they were going the right way to escape at this point.

Stats
  • Strength - F
  • Precision - B
  • Intelligence - C
  • Vitality - C
  • Speed - D

Senses
Passive Skills
  • Regeneration F

"Huh, that's interesting. I guess that was a bit of a blessing in disguise then? I imagine it'd be real useful not getting hungry and thirsty, but you can still consume whatever you want if you feel like it."

He contemplated aloud, pondering how he would exploit that ability if he was the one in that situation.

"Guess you should just be wary of long-term effects huh." He narrowed his eyes a little, wondering if Jareth actually didn't need to eat, or whether his body was just numb. It really wouldn't be good if Jareth suddenly collapsed and died from starvation/dehydration because he didn't realize. It would be pretty sad eating the corpse of his only conversation partner.

"Oh, I'm fineee." Achu swivelled round to look up at Jareth in response to his question whilst slithering along. "It just kinda sucks eating sand and rocks all day. Even grass is much better." He complained in a light-hearted tone, though he did slightly regret rolling into the desert back then. He would do anything to have a change in diet right now.

"Are deserts usually this lifeless? I thought we'd have at least seen a scorpion or something by now." He harrumphed before glancing at the skies. "I guess it's because of that whole magic lightning situation huh."

"But, we actually look like we're leaving the storm today, which is probably a good sign. Let me know if you see something moving, I feel like I need to eat something else or I'll go insane."

Jareth Fletcher
The wind was at their backs as Jareth and Achu continued into the rocky region. All around them, the stone spires congregated in sharpened peaks pointing to the darkened sky. Ahead of them a mountain could be seen looming over the horizon. As they continued, the rocky forms packed in closer together with ever thinning sandy paths leading between them. With rock rising well over their heads, this place felt much safer than the open desert the pair had been travelling thus far.

As they wandered through the stoney labyrinth, Achu would finally discover something edible: a scorpion. The arthropod could be seen skittering on the ground in a place where several paths through the rock converged. Jareth was glad Achu might be able to finally eat--that is, if he could catch it! Jareth waited to see how the slime fared in his hunt.

Stats
  • Strength - F
  • Precision - B
  • Intelligence - C
  • Vitality - C
  • Speed - D

Senses
Passive Skills
  • Regeneration F

The scene change was certainly a welcome one, finally drifting away from the seas of endless sand, though at the same time, it was one that Achu couldn't help but feel more wary of. Tall walls, sharp rocks and narrow paths all alluded to the feeling of being stuck in a thin corridor with spikes on all sides. Though he hadn't seen any sign of life apart from Jareth so far, the threat of something ambushing them here, like desert bandits or snakes, loomed over his mind from time to time. He was probably just overthinking it though. Watching the storm distance itself from them brought back an easy-going smile to his blobby face.

Before words were even said, Achu had already pounced, quietly flinging himself over with all his strength like a cannonball out of a catapult. The bright reflection on his prey's carapace was hard to miss, and the slime had locked on target as soon as he rounded the corner. He used his own elasticity as a sling, and kept his eyes on the prize, but he had overestimated the strength of his new body and fell short, prompting the scorpion to flee down a different stony path.

Naturally, the chase was on. Achu slithered after the little guy with unblinking eyes, though he relied on his hearing more than anything, listening out for the arachnid's scuttling as they weaved through spires and pillars. In all honesty, the slime was a little peeved at how long he was taking to catch this one creature, considering he instinctively kept trying to do manoeuvres he would usually be able to do in a human body. Ah, the transition from limbs to limb-less still hadn't quite set in yet huh. Still, as someone who had trained in athletics and hurdling for a bit, he felt his pride was a little hurt today.

Fortunately, it wasn't too long later that Achu re-emerged from his scuffle victorious, his prize already dissolving in the digestive fluids inside him. At quite a distance away, just as he was about to hop back to good old Jareth and boast about his success, he felt the ground quake beneath his feet, as he was shot into the air by a jet of sand abruptly spewing into the air. The red clouded skies suddenly filled his view, before he realized he was spinning around and diving straight towards Jareth's head.

"CATCH?!"

Was all he could yell, before bracing himself for imminent impact.

Jareth Fletcher
A small gust blew by Jareth's legs as Achu was already tearing across the sand towards the scorpion--first morsel he'd seen since discovering Jareth. The slime's speed was unexpected, but Jareth quickly caught up to him. He followed Achu through the twisting passages between the stone until at last the scorpion was secured within the slime. Jareth was mesmerized by the arthropod's body dissolving within the blue creature and made a mental note not to touch the slime anymore.

Even as Jareth made this note, however, Achu suddenly erupted into the air from a geyser. As Achu began making his descent and cried out, Jareth would frantically raise his arms over his head as his feet stumbled back and forth trying to stay underneath the slime's trajectory. A few final steps and Jareth just barely managed to catch Achu, toppling from his weight on the ends of his overextended arms.

"You ok, Achu...?" Jareth asked while wincing.

As Jareth began picking himself up from the ground, a strange hissing rattle came from behind them. Craning his neck to search for the source, Jareth's eyes grew wide at a grotesque figure standing not too far off. Instead of arms, two massive centipedes complete with dangerous-looking mandibles sprang from its shoulders. They raised threateningly, hissing and clicking their mandibles at Jareth and Achu.

"W-What is that thing?" Jareth said, clearly shook by the unsettling visage. The centipede arms stretched forward as the creature began running at them. "Run!" cried Jareth as he scrambled to his feet.

b0355f838f7d6f8f9554a2a6426bd691.jpg

Stats
  • Strength - F
  • Precision - B
  • Intelligence - C
  • Vitality - C
  • Speed - D

Senses
Passive Skills
  • Regeneration F

Achu

The feeling of falling out of the sky uncontrollably like a malleable meteorite was both exhilarating and terrifying. But watching the human below him, who usually seemed so tall and calm, frantically scurry about like an ant on a hot pan trying to catch him couldn't help but make him laugh. Even up until impact, he still kept that derpy-looking slime smile on his face.

"Nice catch!"

He called out as sand plumed around them from the fall, hopping out of Jareth's hands and quickly glancing over the human to check he didn't scrape himself on any wayward stones or rocks. He wasn't sure why he had instinctively yelled out 'catch', it likely would've been better if he had told him to 'dodge' instead, but welp, the past was in the past, and it seemed his human companion was fine.

"Thanks bud. I didn't think you'd actually-"

Achu snapped his head towards the hissing sound, before near immediately noping out of there at full speed. He was instinctively selfish. But after half a second of dashing away, he turned back to Jareth, rushed back to his side, and tried his best to quickly help him up, pulling on his clothes with his mouth and pushing him ahead with his small body before running with him.

Achu didn't chalk this up as compassion, he had never thought of himself as a nice person. It was just a different form of selfishness, as he didn't want to lose his weak but interesting conversation partner just yet. He'd live if he took some damage anyway, his sliminess seemed to recover itself pretty easily. Who knows what could happen to a mere human.

"Go, go, GO!"

He called out with the lowest and steadiest tone he had used so far with Jareth, the vicious clicking only growing louder and more erratic behind them.

Jareth Fletcher
As it turned out, Jareth and Achu were matched in speed, which was good that they weren't at risk of leaving one another behind as they dashed through the corridors outlined by sheer stone walls. Unfortunately, the emaciated figure chasing them was similarly light on its feet as it pursued them.

Was it hungry? Was it angry? Maybe it just had something against slimes--especially ones that eat scorpions? Intentions were unclear as the entity said nothing and simply chased them with centipede arms outstretched, pincers gnashing.

Jareth recalled his close encounter with an endless horde of horned rabbits out in the fields surrounding Ryken. That was when it had first happened. Now, he would have to call upon that quick-thinking once more.

Let's see...Singular enemy. Narrow corridors. All its doing is chasing us without pulling any fancy jumps or parkour. Those centipede arms seem to be its only apparent form of attack, and I don't even want to know what their bite might do to either of us. Hm...Achu might be the easiest to save first. If I could throw him up on a shelf somewhere out of reach...that might do it. If only I had my sand powers...!

Jareth reached down and snatched Achu up.

"Alright, Achu, I'm gonna try and get you up out of reach! I can throw you and maybe you can stretch the rest of the way!" Scanning for a shelf up ahead of them, Jareth would lob the slime after a countdown. "That one up there on the left! Ready? On 'three'. One, two, three!" Jareth would chuck Achu as hard as his flimsy arms could, hoping the slime's own stretching ability would get it the rest of the way. "I'll try and circle back around! Hang on!"

As Jareth disappeared down the canyon, however, the sheer rock bordering Achu's shelf suddenly opened up and a robed figure peered out at him from a dark shaft.

"Quickly, come inside! The others are going to get your friend!" The figure hurriedly explained.

Stats
  • Strength - F
  • Precision - B
  • Intelligence - C
  • Vitality - C
  • Speed - D

Senses
Passive Skills
  • Regeneration F

Achu was slithering and hopping for his life, focusing solely on the winding pathways ahead of them when he was abruptly plucked from the sand. Though instinctively alarmed, he managed to remain still as he recognized the hands holding on to him. Achu was content to hitch a ride but he was ultimately confused by Jareth's actions, as he was neither slow, weak or injured at the moment.

"Wait, what about you?" Jareth's sudden plan was alarming, in more ways than one. "It's better we stay together no?!" He yelled, but it was already too late, or maybe Jareth had just tuned him out. Either way, he was soaring towards a high stony ledge and had to make it, or else face vicious pincers and a rocky grave. Perhaps the distance was misjudged, but Achu could clearly see that he wouldn't be able to make the gap if he just elongated himself, without slipping right back off.

He had no choice but to try and use his elasticity to kind of slingshot himself again with more momentum, but that was certainly a much more difficult manoeuvre to do mid-air without any prior practice. Stretching himself taut like an elastic band, he focused his weight behind him and aimed for the general vicinity of the ledge, just as a hooded figure revealed himself from the shadows. A hole was naturally much better to aim for than a wall, so the slime changed targets without hesitation, managing to launch himself straight at the robed figure with a funny smile.

Going from desert winds and sunlight to dusty darkness was an abrupt but welcome change, as Achu picked himself up from the cavern floor and silently dealt with the elasticity recoil rolling through his body.

"Thanks! And sorry about that, hard to think on the spot y'know? So, who are you? Why are you helping us? What do you want?"

He questioned with a blunt but friendly tone, thinking this whole helping-situation likely being nothing more than a transaction of interests.

Last edited:

Jareth Fletcher
Jareth was running through the stoney labryinth, his pursuer tirelessly in his shadow. No sweat. Just like outrunning Trent back in Ryken. Though genuinely concerned for his well-being, Jareth cracked the smallest grin at the familiarity of the situation. However, this creature's mandibles were capable of far more damage than Trent ever dreamed of...or so Jareth assumed.

Stone to either side and packed sand beneath his feet. Jareth had told Achu that he'd circle around, but did these paths even loop around like that? All he could do was follow the path before him. Zig here. Zag there. Duck around a corner and run...right into a wall. Deadend.

Am I seriously about to die again...? Jareth muttered, fear creeping up his spine and beginning to choke him.

The creature rounded the corner at a leisurely stroll--as if it knew his helpless situation. A practiced routine, perhaps? Chase the morsel around the stones and then devour it here when it was cornered. What a fun game! I bet all the kids are playing it! Each step closer raised another little cloud of dust. The centipede arms coiled and hissed as they waggled at their would-be prey, clacking their mandibles ravenously. Twenty paces away. Fifteen paces. Ten. Jareth's anxiety was growing as his back pressed hopelessly against the wall of stone behind. It might as well have been the tombstone on his grave. Nine paces, eight. Those mandibles were only getting closer. Seven paces, six. Jareth raised his hands in front of himself uncertainly, having no way to defend himself. Five paces, four. One of the arms gnashed prematurely, coming dangerously close but ultimately still out of reach. Three, two. What? Jareth thought he heard something behind him. One--CHOMP!

The right mandible clamped down on Jareth's left arm just below the shoulder as the rockwall shifts behind him. Reeling back from the bite, Jareth tumbles backward into darkness as his vision goes blurry. In the darkness all he could see was glowing eyes hovering over him as the wall shut fast on the encroaching creature. As Jareth's consciousness faded, he felt himself being lifted up and carried off. His bearers talked casually as they went.

"You were too slow! You're not supposed to let it GET him!"
"Yeah! Slowpoke! Slowpoke!"
"It wasn't MY fault you two decided to get in my way!"

Achu
Upon entering the passage, the rockwall slides closed behind Achu. All is dark aside from a pair of glowing yellow eyes. Presently, they lowered pretty close to Achu's face.

"A slime? We don't see many of you out this way. Meh, we'll take you along. I'm Fleet. You can call me...Fleet. What I want is for you to follow me cuz we're going to pick up your friend as well. Or perhaps you were trying to eat him too?" Fleet said finishing with a snicker. "Oh, can you see in the dark? Uh...here I'll carry you for now. We have a ways to go before we get to the lit tunnels."

Fleet would carry Achu for quite a ways. At first they went downhill for awhile. Then they went uphill. It was about that time that two other pairs of glowing yellow eyes joined them, all bubbly with excitement.

"Pincers is gonna get him!"
"Yeah! Get him!"
"Meet, Peet, this is Achu. He's the slime I saved. Achu, this is Meet and Peet." Fleet said despite the fact that Achu was blind as a bat.
"Slimey no good. They want the boy."
"Yeah! The boy!"
"Well, we better hurry then."

Now the group was moving faster. The tunnels were all dark, but the trio moved deftly through them nonetheless. Running up a final ramp and the group came to the stop.

"Let me open it!"
"No! Me! Me!"

The sound of scuffling filled the tunnel. Fleet sighed as he set Achu down. There was a few snapping sounds, like someone whipping wet fabric, which was followed by yelps and whimpering. Suddenly, a crack appeared and grew larger as the end of the passage suddenly opened, illuminating the passage. Achu's three travelling companions were briefly revealed: all cloaked individuals with blackened faces and glowing yellow eyes. From the light at the end of the tunnel, Jareth was seen falling backwards into the passage as the stone shut before the centipede creature could enter.

"Told you Pincer would get him...."
"Yeah...Get him...."

Stats
  • Strength - F
  • Precision - B
  • Intelligence - C
  • Vitality - C
  • Speed - D

Senses
Passive Skills
  • Regeneration F

Last edited:
Isekai Hell RP Grade

Clyvelle Clyvelle SilverFeathers SilverFeathers
Nice little sand adventure with a sudden end, but exciting build. I feel like there may have been more done to build up the ending. While Jareth disappearing again is fine, Achu is kinda hung in the lurch. He is still along for the ride whether or not he wanted to continue the storyline. A more natural storyline may have broken up the chapter with bringing Achu to a decision point where the character could decide whether or not to continue traveling or pursuing Jareth. Should be noted Achu could decide to leave whenever, regardless of the rp state, but it makes for a nicer transition when the rp ends in spots like those as oppose to this one. Now we wonder what will happen next.

Aftermath

Rewards

Jareth - 36 points (narration bonus included)
  • optional title acquired [Maze Runner] - character has ran for their life in a confusing and trying place and situation. Character is more likely to perform better in confusing settings in the future where passive senses are not sufficient for getting through something under pressure. Increases ability to think on ones feet and improvise. More prone to finding themselves in similar difficult situations.
Achu - 30 points
  • optional title acquired [Mascot] - Character is squishy, portable, and likeable. Has successfully endeared itself to multiple strangers and accompanies them on journeys. Is more easily recognized by others. Has a charming way about them that will make others reluctant to kill them immediately. Will find it more challenging to be treated and relied upon as an equal.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back