• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Community [Isekai Hell] January 2023 Event

Novama

One Thousand Club
Post your character new years resolutions here. Final event rewards will be posted here at the end of the event.

Euthalia Apricot
inFpMia.png

Euthalia was holding the quill in her hand without moving it. She'd been wanting to commit some words to paper for a long time, yet whenever she sat down like this, they just didn't manage to find their way from her mind to her hand, let alone onto the paper.

Dear Anthea,

The first two words were easy. The next ones, not so much. Perhaps staying formal was the best way to go about it.

I hope this letter finds you well.

She couldn't suppress sighing. She had to get into the bulk of it now, didn't she?

You are undoubtedly aware of my current situation, so I wish to apologise. At this moment, it will be impossible for me to full-fill the promises I made to you.

She clenched her fist tighter around the quill. It was painful to write this.

Even so, I shall not give up on them. I will regain what I lost.

She silently committed her resolve to the paper. She would regain her position among the upper echelon of the country and continue to become part of The See's leadership, like she was destined to become. She would find a way to restore her Heart's Seed. There was no way she was going to give up now.

Although it is going to be a long road, I found two friends willing to aid me. I plan to start as a messenger, which should allow me to explore our lands and the lands surrounding ours, whilst regaining some of my lost influence. With some luck, I shall be able to climb up to become a diplomat and eventually rejoin the nobility.

Those parts were the obvious steps she had to take.

From there, I shall do whatever it takes to make our dreams come true.

For a moment, she hesitated. Did she really want to add the next part? Yes. She did.

Furthermore, I made a new resolve. The Eastern Empire has taken too much from us, especially from my friends. I shall do whatever is in my power to prepare our country to fight and annihilate that vile Empire. Even allying ourselves with the humans from Ryke or with the beasts from the north will be better than standing by while the Eastern Empire continuous to exist. If I am to work as a noble diplomat, convincing them to join us in our battle against the Empire's atrocities shall be my goal.

Just as she had written it down, she shook her head. This wasn't it either. She stood up, planning to leave the room and get some air. She needed to take root for a while. She'd barely left when someone managed to sneak in and take the letter, slithering away in silence.

“There, but if she finds out, I'm blaming you.”

“Don't worry, it'll be fine~”

Islwyn eagerly took the letter and added a few lines of her own.

Hey Anty! It's been a while~

As the words were written down, Islwyn's smile broadened.

Euthalia keeps writing and rewriting this letter and I've grown tired of it, so I figured I'd finish it for her! We're totally going to explore and have a lot of fun! We all know how much she needs it after all that happened, right? Even Keone is up for some adventuring right now!

The smile grew more mischievous.

She's even debating to visit Kuridan! That should be exiting! Let's hope the people there aren't herbivores (@_@) I wonder what type of booze they have and if beasties are any fun at parties~

As she was running out of paper to keep writing onto, she decided she'd best get a little serious for the final few lines.

In all honesty, the fact that Euthalia keeps writing this letter, yet never sends it, is worrying me. It's clear she's not entirely over what happened. We'll do whatever we can to help her heal, for all of our sakes.

With that, it was time to quickly sent the letter, so that it could be well on its way to its recipient before Euthalia would even find out it was missing.

flK8YGx.png

ALEXANDAR CRUZ | F0DC82
[Human] [Entity Agent] [East Empire Fugitive C] [Abilinator] [Unassuming Protagonist]

• Though his time in this new world had not been to long, the seasons told Alex that another year has passed. As timely as ever, it was time he made a new year's resolution to live up to, or at least try his best to. He had already made one in his own mind. Not one he was keeping for a long time, but something that has been recently lingering in his mind. Since his death, Alex was well aware that he never dealt with it in a proper manner. Yes, he did take his time watching over his wife and daughter, but even he knew that it wasn't enough. It was a bandaid solution to the gunshot-would of an issue he was facing. He just refused to linger on it. He was in denial. However, after the events he had gone through and the people he has met, Alex was surprised that at the end of the day, the thoughts that preoccupied his mind still went back to his death. Hidden from the judging eyes of others in a worn down roadside in, Alex became furious with himself as anger consumed him. He clenched his fists, his nails digging into his palms while he bit his lower lip to suppress himself from shouting out loud his woes and sorrows. Hurriedly getting up, Alex knocked down the old wooden chair he sat in before punching hard against the concrete wall. He uttered no words and stared blankly as continued his outbursts. A few seconds had passed, and with a bloody fist, Alex continued to punch. What made him stop was the incessant banging on his door from the innkeeper. "Oi, keep it down! Some o' us are tryin' ter sleep!" Alex didn't respond, but it was enough to snap him back to his senses. His eyes veered downwards, leading to his blood-streaked knuckles. At that moment, his knees went weak, making him fall backwards, stumbling into his bed. "If this was a dream. I could just wake up and be a better person." This time, he stared into the ceiling as tear started to trickle down from his face. "If this was a dream, it would mean that I didn't mess up. I swear I won't." His jaw quivered. "If this was a dream, I'd...be able to see them again." A few minutes felt like an eternity as Alex fell silent, as if lost in some sort of daze. "But, but this isn't. This isn't a dream. I fucked up." Alex knew that no amount of bargaining to the heavens would rewrite what had already been written down. And upon realizing this, it was as if his body went limp and lifeless. Alex did not lose consciousness and was very awake. It just felt like, whatever it was that was driving him to live, had vanished. Without his family, what was the point of it all. His life had no meaning. He lost what pushed him to wake up each day. Nights had passed and mornings came, but despite that, Alex remained the same. The innkeeper passed by a few times, knocking to check if Alex was okay. Having someone die in her establishment was not going to be good for business. "No, thank you." He mumbled every time regardless the question just to silence whatever noise that broke the solemn depression that enveloped him. Almost a week had passed since he locked himself in, but eventually, Alex simply got up, left his room, and greeted the innkeeper with a smile. "Good morning, huh? Kinda chilly too." He chuckled. The demeanor he was displaying did not fit his emaciated and rugged appearance. He definitely lost some weight, his clothes were wrinkled and stain, while his hair was shaggy and unkempt. He still didn't have any facial hair though. "I hope you don't mind me asking, but do we have anything to eat?" Alex chuckled as his stomach grumbled. Although he was acting like nothing had happened, Alex came to accept what fate had given him. These were his previous sentiments, but this time, he stumbled and fell to the bottom. I suppose this was the only way he could get back up and finally move on.

Last edited:
Zolgen
1196110200.png
Carved in the side of some mountainside somewhere in the realm was a series of aggressive symbols, perhaps a thought of consciousness, the symbols were crude and made to convey the monster tongue in a visual format, whether or not anyone could understand it besides the writer was up for debate and to be seen. Regardless the symbols translated into a stream of consciousness of sorts from the writer.

The makeshift writing reads as follows:

So a new year has already passed in this realm huh?

The dark continent has only honed me so far, I must get much stronger this upcoming year.

There are still many I want to get a better taste of, what of the fae or more sentient beasts?

Human limbs taste delicious but there's only so much variation I can taste..maybe find some new seasoning and preparation methods?

I want to get much stronger this year, and get into many more fights. The unworthy will perish and the worthy will succeed, either way I'm not too concerned.

I want to explore the power that this world has to offer to it's fullest, and while I met this past group of monsters I need to find others to work with to suit my goals.

For me this world is kill or be killed, and In this new year I want to show all of them what I can do.

I need to gain more notoriety for myself, with that more fights will come from more powerful people.

I want to become more critical in my thinking, that was a close call with those guards earlier, while I may not fear death, I know not what comes after this life for something like me, and there's so much more to do before I'll be satisfied.

Moving forwards this year I will aspire to meet my aspirations, destroy what I deem undesirable or simply because I feel like it and I will do everything to make the world around me bend to my whims alone or with the assistance of others, as long as I'm enjoying myself, I can't lose.

After that it seemed that the rock that was part of the mountainside had run out of space and there were some what appeared to be amany blade marks towards the end of the crude symbols which had carved into the rock.

Vanta wants to understand nothing and in such non-standing considerations learn to see beyond the shadows that dwell between and behind all things. He's growing increasingly curious about the light that casts those shadows. Even though the light lasts but a brief time, there is something to learned by its presence.

Vanta just wants to understand the light world, maybe make a friend or two, find someone to walk through the cold, endless darkness at the end of all things…simple pleasures.

Last edited:
Phoebe Penrose
Screenshot 2022-12-24 at 7.52.14 PM.png

Phoebe stared at the ceiling of the inn room she booked for the night as she reclined on the bed, reflecting on the time she spent since she left home to start off on an adventure of her own. Granted, it hadn't been that long of a time since she left, but this was the first time that she was heading into the new year on her own. She sighed before getting up and walking towards the room's desk, bringing out a piece of parchment paper as well as an quill and some ink from her bag.

Dear Mom and Dad,

Happy new year! It's a little lonely going into the new year away from home, but I'm doing alright. Too bad we can't share our resolutions like we usually do, but I figured I'll write you mine instead!

Exploring the world's really fun! I can't wait to see where things would take me next! The East Empire maybe...? Or maybe the Republic if I'd want to be closer to home... Oh! What about those flying islands? I've always wanted to go check those islands out! Well, in any case in this coming year I want to travel the world even more and explore new places!

While I'm at it, I'll need to refine my magic practice further as well, come up with a few new spells and the such! That way, it'd be easier to maintain the peace on my travels, which I also want to do more on my travels!

Speaking of... mom, dad, I've been thinking. Wouldn't it be neat to have an organization where magic users and beings can gather and be apart of while doing good? I know there's the guild and stuff, but they're not focused on magic. It sounds like a fun thing for me to try to do this year. Maybe an order of knights or something similar but instead of knights it could have mages and magical creatures, but not as regimented. What would it be called though...? Could just model it after the adventurer's guild and call it a Mage's Guild or something, but I'm not sure if the guild structure would be appropriate. Could be called... the United Magic Association, or something like that...

Ah! I'm getting ahead of myself! I've still got a long way to go until that point, I still gotta get better at magecraft before diving into learning how to lead a hypothetical organization like that. But still, this year is gonna be a great one, I can feel it! I'll let you know about all my travels the next time I visit home!

Your loving daughter,

𝒫𝒽𝑜𝑒𝒷𝑒 𝒫𝑒𝓃𝓇𝑜𝓈𝑒

As she signed her name and put the quill down, Phoebe looked over the letter once more with a warm smile on her face. Now, was there a courier service or something around these parts she could use to send this home? Guess she'd have to go looking around tomorrow, might as well take in more of the sights as she's at it.

OOC: I'm posting this one just for fun, I'm aware the limit for earning points is a single character.

Regula

Although she was finally able to sit down, she wasn't able to relax. The many things that filled her mind kept bumping into each-other like there was some sort of bullfight going on in her brain. Even so, she felt obligated to finally sent a letter back home, something she'd been delaying for way too long. With a sigh, she dipped a pen in the ink and wrote the first few words.

Dear mom,

It's been a while. I'm sorry I didn't write sooner, but lots of things have been happening. Sadly enough, the count I spoke about, Lord Light, has passed away. In the aftermath, the Order was disbanded as well. It's all rather disheartening, but I decided not to let it get me down. In fact, I want to use it as an opportunity. I've asked the new count if I could govern a barony and I learned that my request was granted not too long ago.

It's crazy, right? From a bastard to a baroness. However, I'm worrying about you. Now that I've gained some political power, some people might think about using you as a hostage or as blackmail, so I'd love for you to come live with me, so that you can be safer. Besides, I ...

She hesitated for a long time, a single tear flowing down her cheek. Then she wrote on.

I also miss you. Now that I'll be settling down, I'd love for us to live together again. I know it's a lot for me to ask you to give up your life in the capital and your work there, but I'd really appreciate it if you would consider it. Aria... I think she also needs someone like you around. I'm not sure, but I fear she's having a rough time after what happened in the See and even though I'm her friend, I'm afraid I'm falling short on being able to help and support her.

Regula sighed deeply. It was time to move to lighter topics.

I've made some new friends though, so not all is bad. There are a lot of interesting and fun people out there, some of which I'm sure you'd get along great with. Just the other day, I even met a mermaid.

That part was more cheery to write about, a smile forming on her face.

The weirdest thing has been happening to me as well. I'm pretty sure I'm growing wings. Is that normal? I know there are other Humans with wings. Aerials and Valkyries, but I didn't know that gene ran in our family, nor did I expect I'd just start growing wings like that. It's a little concerning to suddenly gain two limbs you don't know how to use...

She wasn't sure how to continue from there, so she decided to start the next paragraph anew.

The barony I've gained. I decided to call it Caelia. That was my grandmothers maiden name, wasn't it? I still remember when you took me and Aria to see the statue and told us about her. That's why I wanted it to be that name. I want the barony to be named after someone that the nation tried to hide and forget about, someone they got rid off and didn't even give a grave. I hope you can understand.

There she was, crying again. This time freely. She really didn't want to cry. What if others saw her like this? She had to be a strong and inspiring leader now. Even so, she couldn't abstain from getting emotional.

There will be a lot of work to do, so I've got to finish up this letter. I'll ask Pierre to help you make the move, if you wish to join me. I really hope you will. I'm sure that together with you, Aria and the others, we can make this barony into the most beautiful place in all of Ryken.

With a last sigh, she added two more words before handing the letter over to be delivered by the mail-bird.

I hope to see you soon,

With love, Regula.

OOC: I'm posting this one just for fun, I'm aware the limit for earning points is a single character.

Victorique Sopheana

Victorique was scribbling away in her notebook with vigour. After all, she wanted to make a to-do list that'd last her an entire year!

Stuff to figure out or do:

1 – How in the world do titles work? Where do they come from? Can that mechanism be altered? Who's in control of that? Can I use it as well?

2 – What's this world's best flavour of tobacco?

3 – How does my Pocket Dimension work? Is it a subspace? Is it a portal to another realm? Can I create an entire ecosystem in there?

4 – Why does this 'god' guy want to stop this world from being in a stasis? Why does he even care? Is he just bored? Can I meet him again to ask him?

5 – How do I get more folk to command, without them leaving again? I miss Rachael, Arthur and Orchid. How can I get a lot obedient of servants?

6 – What kind of dirt can I find on this world's leaders, if I went investigating them? How much influence would that give me or how much danger would that put me in?

7 – How can I get the world to recognize me as the greatest detective? What would I have to solve to get that title?

8 – What's up with that undead creep from the Underbelly, Ryke and his cult? Was he all bark and no bite? Will he really try to take over the country of Ryke?

9 – Where do all these portals come from? How do they work? Can people still make new ones?

10 – Are other gods also real in this realm? If so, can I meet them? If so, how?

11 – How did the entire first continent come to fall to monsters? Why is it considered the first continent instead of the second? Did non-monster species first live there? Where they driven out due to the rise of monsters?

12 – What makes a monster a monster? What makes them more monstrous than a non-monster criminal? Is that desire to harm other species hard-coded into their existence?

13 – What else is there out there in this world? What are other countries like? How do they differ from each-other?

14 – Are there even more worlds than my previous one and this one? Could I find a way to enter them if they exist? Are there realms and dimensions that are outside of this one, yet can be explored?

15 – Why does this world refuse to progress? Even without the god's intentions, that's weird, so who or what caused things to stagnate?

16 – Could I return to my own world, if I wanted to?

17 – How do I make friends?

18 – What's the history of this world? Some magic and technology seems odd. Were there civilizational before the current ones?

19 – What are the limits of how fast I can go? Can I push past those and become the fastest being alive?

20 – What are the most magical and interesting places in this world? Can I go and visit them all?

21 – How do I keep finding ways to distract myself from missing my friends and family from the old world?

22 – Just what are constructs? How did folk manage to capture some sort of soul/spirit/core to make them be more alive than mere machines would be? Could I make one?

23 – Are there secret groups like the illuminati?

24 – What is love?

24 – Who is the most powerful person in this world?

25 – Who is the wisest person in this world?

26 – Can I ride a dragon?

27 – Can I bring modern inventions into this world? Bring back electricity, screens, showers... I want a shower.

28 – Who am I? Did my body just get created when I entered this world, or was it someone else's first? Does this body have a family?

29 – Other than mithril and orichalcum, are there more special metals or materials out there? What makes those two more special than others to begin with? Could we make them artificially with chemistry or physics?

30 – Can I become filthy rich?

Sariel
IwishIwasjustanordinaryboy1.jpg

Sariel awoke suddenly in the night. "Oh..." He whispered, rolling over to stare at the ceiling. "I thought my dream was real. I thought I was really back." The child softly stated to no one. He didn't even recognise his own voice. He didn't recognise this body's voice. Who even was this person?

Their existence was potentially erased as soon as he took control, gaining consciousness anew. That person was no more. And He was... He forgot. Something was wrong. He remembered the life that he once lived, but couldn't even remember his real name. He was forced to live the life of someone he'd never known existed. Forced to end that existence. All for some punishment. This felt nothing like those empowering stories of reincarnation where the hero saves the world that he'd always read about in those weekly magazines.

What year was it? He didn't care, but his friend would have bothered him about writing up a resolution for the year. He only really did it because he'd nag him about being lazy for not doing it. "I miss him. Wonder if he cared enough to attend my funeral." They spoke, covering their face with the weak and delicate arms of the body he usurped.

"If I could write one now. I'd want to focus on getting back home. Maybe I'd reach my hand outta the grave like some zombie. Heh. Give 'em all a scare... Wonder how's everyone. How much time's passed" They thought.

"The first thing I'd do when I get back is tell ma and pa I'm sorry. Then I'll tell them I love 'em." The child wistfully thought, hoping that was the key to waking from what could have been a meaningless dream. However, this wasn't like 'A Christmas Carol.'

"I'd wanna eat dad's curry again.

Maybe I'll try to get taller.

I guess trying out a new sport wouldn't hurt.

I wanna try out skating. Looked like it coulda been fun,

and try out some candy I haven't before because they looked gross."

He found it so funny. Thinking about how it could be a new Year, and how he was writing his resolution in his head as if he was gonna remember it. Trying to think of something else besides the fact that he had to live a life he would never ever want to live. That idea that he may have killed someone else internally, depriving someone of a life they could have appreciated more than he could ever even try. He would've never thought he'd be fine with just suddenly turning into nothing right here and now.

But if this was a punishment, this body would most likely live till it was all old and wrinkly. So old to the point where he'd start forgetting about all the memories of who he once was. He already couldn't even remember his name. The name of his parents. The name of the friend he held so dear. The name of the convenience store they'd always loiter around. Their faces. Suddenly, It was all so blurry. Was this also part of the punishment?

"Something else. Something else." He quivered,

"What else would I do when I get back home?

If, there were actually a means to return.

I doubt dead people can come back to life.

Maybe there was a reason why hope stayed at the bottom of pandora's box.

Even knowing the circumstances, I still believe so desperately that there's a way home.

I wish, I hope, and I... I will get back.

I'll find a way."

The child stared solemnly through the window, twinkling spots dotting the black sky. The pale moon's glow, like a ribbon of light, flowed through. "But Is there even any use wishing on empty stars?"

The child stared. A wryly thought came about.

"I'm gonna practice atheism when I get back. Then I'll tell him 'bout this too."

The child softly whispered. Slowly and silently, drifting away to dream of a better dream.

Retili Loxinofican

Retili decide it was finally time to sit down and examine how far he came as the new year arrived. It was just before bed, right after his evening meal of herbs. The Zentail contemplated the progress he had made and where he had come from. In particular he doted on the memories of the family he left behind. He hadn't expected to be given a second chance at life when he died. He hoped his children were okay, though it had been well over forty years since he had last set eyes on them. He supposed they must be all old or dead by now. The idea of it made him sad, but there was a certain comfort in not knowing. Perhaps one day he would discover a way to break through the barriers between worlds to go back to where he had lived.

He thought it might be nice to breathe the clean air of his home again. To walk in the fields he had so carefully cultivated while the sun shined down upon him. He missed the sun. It's warmth and rays now only burned him when he was exposed to it. In a way it had been a cruel fate to reincarnate him as a creature like this. Forced to live inside at all hours and unable to appreciate the things he enjoyed most in his old life. For that he hated the god who had remade him here. On the other hand there was another beauty to the world in the night. When at dusk the fireflies danced in summer or an owl hooted and hunted for it's prey. It was like a whole new world came alive in the evening. For that he loved the god who remade him here.

He almost sat down to begin a letter, but then stopped himself. Instead he made the promise to himself. This next year he would get stronger and more powerful. He resolved to become a baron. He'd seize the power he needed to get stronger and better.

With that the Zentail quietly dressed for bed, slipped under the covers, and went to sleep.

Orrius

Walking throughout town, Orrius would overhear many people talking about thier new years resolutions. The boy had never thought of them in his life before, mostly because new years were never celebrated in his family before, with everyone just treating it as just another day, or just another year of a whole lotta suffering. The boy would then feel a chill run down his spine, before shaking his head. Those days were long over, and he never wanted to recall those terrifying days ever again. He had Zeke and the pirates now, the best family he'd ever had! That being said, it wouldn't hurt to think of what new years resolution the boy had wanted for himself this year.

First off, he probably would want to learn more magic spells, and then perhaps try pushing his magic even further past the limits. He had to get way stronger than he was now, so that he could protect his new family from any harm or danger. It was also fun learning all sorts of magics, as people tend to look down on him for being a child and all, but he'd be able to give them a good surprise!

Secondly, he never wanted anyone to suffer like he did at the hands of a tyrant. In that case, he probably had to face his fears head on and fight all sorts of scary people! So his second resolution would be to gain even more courage and put himself to the test more often!

Orrius would smile, nodding to himself as he was proud of what he came up with, which was basically: get stronger!

Ceylan

It had been a while since Ceylan found a moment of peace and silence. Naturally, he decided to use it for prayer.

“Almighty gods, thank you for having granted me the power to keep aiding people through-out this year. Thank you for having granted me all I needed to survive and all I needed to aid others. Thank you, for even giving me the chance to bring back those who's time was taken from them too early.” All in all, there were lots of things to be grateful for. “Thank you sending me friends to travel with, friends that aided me and made my journeys all the more pleasant. Thank you for having shown me much of this world's beauty, even during the darkest times. Thank you for allowing me to see the good in even the most dire and dark times. Thank you for having send Valhyr and Hymn to my aid when I need them. Thank you for bringing me here, at the start of another year.”

He wasn't merely thankful, however, as there were many things he wished to pray for as well, for the new year that was coming up. “Although unworthy, I ask you to please continue to aid me in my work. I humbly ask you to grant me the position and power needed to bring forth even more good in the world and the strength to remain standing in the face of evil.” That said, it wasn't just his own future he was worried about.

“Please be with my friends as well. That Cayde will be able to continue to become a better alchemist and that he'll be able to impress his teacher with all the new skills he's learned. That Tia will not give in to her monstrous nature and remain the nice girl everyone knows her to be and that the world won't judge her for her nature, but for her personality. That she and Haruki may find a place to call home and people to call family. That Malerie will be able to keep healing without having her monster half take over and that her cursed species will find a cure to their own disease. That Mitsunari will be able to walk a better path, one of kindness, mercy and guardianship rather than that of an evil avenger. That Eris may continue to preach of her goddess Holfeel and that Holfeel herself may soon join the Syncretist pantheon among your ranks as one of the forces of good in this world. That Wonton might continue to be as brave as he was when I first met him, if not braver. That Mira may find a good home and place in the Holy City of Vegard, where I plan to ask her to come to. That Hildegard might find mercy among her righteous fury. That Kesh will learn that worldly possession and thievery aren't worth as much as she believes them to be. That Maikoa will learn to stop associating with the monsters she was caught up with and instead fight her monstrous nature. That everyone else in the Holy City of Vegard, mayor Wallace, miss Nana, Harley, Preston and the guards. That Janja may continue to herd her flock in piece and that she'll never have to face a gnoll again. That Aegrizora will remain free and uncorrupted and take his place as a minor deity once more.”

He sighed. It was a long list of names and he hadn't even gotten to the most recent ones yet. He'd truly met a lot of interesting people thus far. He wondered how many more he'd meet. “Please, also be with Tyrmar, that he may keep fighting and cooking for everyone's good. That Kurikara's promise might never be needed, but that he'll be worth his weight in gold when it is. That Ninelle might recover from the shock. That Lirek may find his family and that Taji may find peace. Most of all, that Nashi will be able to free her daughter and make it to safety.”

Hudson Choi's New Year's Resolution

Choi was a violent teenager who bullied his peers. However, he eventually died but was reborn in a new fantasy-filled world. His new life coincided with the coming of a new year. The timing was perfect and made Choi decide to make a resolution on the type of life he would live from now on. He wanted to become a doctor. He respected those in the medical field due to their wealth of knowledge and ability to help those in need. Therefore, Choi resolved to work hard enough so that one day he could also be like them.

At first, Choi thought it was impossible for him to learn everything needed to become a doctor without a degree or certificate. He knew the only way to become a physician was by studying at an established university. Unfortunately, there were no universities in this fantasy world. Instead, he would have to study medicine and other relevant subjects through self-study. To do so, he would need textbooks. Sadly, it wasn't easy for him to find textbooks since they weren't widely available and very expensive when found. Choi decided to start looking in libraries but the nearest library was far away from where he lived. It took him days just to go there and return home with a single book. He tried going back several times, but the trip became too tiring and time consuming.

In addition, the books Choi borrowed from the library were not complete. Some chapters were missing while some parts were filled with errors. This made him feel even more discouraged because he couldn't learn properly. He felt helpless and hopeless. Choi had to devote all his free time just to study and find books. As if things weren't bad enough already, Choi was still facing financial difficulties as well. Eventually, he decided that it was a stupid dream. Maybe it was possible in another life, but not this one. Choi needed money and went back to what he knew. Using his fists and ugly mug was the best way to earn some money. There were better ways to get rich but Choi didn't know how to do any of them. All he knew was how to get into trouble and cause pain to others. That's why he got himself a job as a mercenary.

Choi's new profession allowed him to easily procure weapons and food. However, the pay wasn't much and the job was extremely dangerous. Even though he was good at fighting, he always came out of a battle injured and exhausted. After working many days in a row, Choi fell ill and died. And that was when he woke up, drenched in sweat.

"It was all a dream?" Choi asked himself as he breathed heavily. "That's it. From now on, I'll stop eating from the dumpster. Fuck these dreams."

TLDR: Don't eat stuff from the trash.

Finnegan Huttman
b051101528c4aa9177b04916220003c0.jpg

A new year... it was around this time that people began to think of what they would like to change about themselves. In this moment, Finn was spending the new year on the road, alone on a dirt path flanked by fields of white un-trodden snow, he had to give it at least some thought. "To have a resolution... I already had a few, don't think I met them but..." the young man looked up to the sky, blinking away a snowflake that went for his eye. the clouds above painted the would a soft grey, their loads of snow gently falling upon the world...

He.. Can't remember the resolutions he made last year... Nor the ones he made the year before that.

Such was the fate of them he guessed, those furtive wishes that fade with the coming spring like powder snow.

It was a small wish, a desire for the year, a path to set foot on...

What use was such a wish that nobody remembers and thinks of?

...Perhaps, in a sense, the most important part is to wish it.

That the wish itself was the most important part, not so much remembering it.

"...To dream... The impossible dream..." he sighed lightly, the song his father once sang to him rang in his ears once more... "To fight... The Unbeatable foe... To bare with unbareable sorrow..."

A few more steps, he felt the chill settling in so it was best to keep moving.

"To run.. Where the brave dare not go...
To right, the unrightable wrong.
To be, that much more than you are.
To try..."

He pauses... Thinking about the last year, he clentched a fist, the faint spark of magic fizzleing in his grasp as the catalyst sang upon his belt... He let go of the fist, and stepped forwards.

"...When your arms are too weary..." he reached the peak of a small hill, his gaze looking around upon the lands of purest white snow, his breath forming clouds with each exhale. the pain he'd seen this year.. the travesty... The betrayal... Could anyone understand his desire to simply... Aid? Those less fortunate than he? Those less strong, capable, of less fortitude? He... He wanted to be able to do some good... But everywhere he turns someone else is sullying his efforts...

Was it.. impossible..?

Was it truely impossible to achieve the dream? To be the symbol of hope for something better than simply stabbing each other in the back, hoping their corpse will be enough for you to reach the ledge you clamber for?

...maybe...

"To reach... that unreachable star..." he spoke with a frosted breath, he felt the chill creep but his heart filled his limbs and body with warm blood... Each breath, each beat of his heart... Yes.. This is where it was most important.. As long as both of these last, he will continue his Quest. He can't stop people.. But he can choose what he does. he can choose what he protects and fights for... Some call him a knight, but do not know he serves no master... But.. In a sense.. he does serve a master...

Himself, his quest, his Unreachable Star.

"...Heres a Resolution for you, oh cruel spiteful world who murders my attempts at saving you at every step.

My resolution, is to never stop trying.

And you'll never take that from me."

As if in response, the wind blew for a moment, causing his cloak to twist uncomfortably. But he stood strong, his armor, his strength, not faltering from the cruel wind... He would try... At least try.. Fail or success.. he would try...

To not would be a sin.

Kalina Chivernu

“This is weird.” The person staring back at her didn't reply, although that didn't surprise her much.“Fine. I'll try it.” Although she said it, it took her a bit to actually start doing so.

“Okay, what I just don't get is... who even am I at this point? As much as I'm trying to forget being Alice Baker, that's still who I am at the core, I think. Even so, being Kalina Chivernu is so much more freeing, so much more powerful. Yet it also comes with that odd desire to hurt, maim and kill. The flares of rage that keep trying to overwhelm me. Oh, and the desire and need to drink blood, of course. Between that, I'm already struggling to figure out if I'm even a real 'monster' or if the fact that I'm holding it back means that I'm something else at its core...”

“That's not even the worst of it, you know!” She said, slowly getting a bit more into this. “I have to hid the monster parts at as well. If folks find out, I'm free real estate for any and all crimes or even murder! It's so bloody annoying! I just want to be able to relax already. Ugh.” She scoffed. Saying this aloud was weird, but also a bit liberating.

“Then again, it gets even stranger. Those alternate identities I take on... I think I might feel more in line with some of those than with myself. Isn't that weird? That a fake version of me feels more real than the real me? Whenever I play Elizabeth Mason, I feel like I'm able to be someone so much closer to who I used to back in London. I can be relatively carefree, a bit clumsy, but nice and dedicated. Living a simple life, without all the blood, murder and gore. Although in the knowledge I might never amount to much, but that'd be okay.

Meanwhile, playing Edith Ryker makes me feel like I'm able to be who I always wanted to be, back in my previous life. Someone that's in control. Someone with a certain level of power. Someone who's words are sharper than any sword. I love it. She allows me to do the things I never could in my past life, yet at the same time, I feel like I can't really live up to her either. After, I'm just faking her existence.

Then there's Chandra Jarmil. Anytime I play her, I feel this odd sense of dread. Like she's whom I would've actually been if I wouldn't have awoken as a vampire. Someone shy, a survivor of a tragedy, a simple human trying the adventuring lifestyle even though it's going against all odds. She makes me worry that I'm only doing as well as I am due to my monstrous side somehow making up for what I miss. Giving me the spine and back-bone I wouldn't have otherwise...

Yet how can I feel content letting something like that be a strength of mine? How can I draw strength from the same thing that can give me such an intense rage and hatred?”
She sighed deeply. “I really wanted to talk about this, you know. Yet Renee never seems to have any time for it. Scylla is too air-headed, I'll probably just confuse her. I don't know Hope or Iberis well enough yet. Perhaps I'd talk to that alchemist, Cayde, if I ever see him again. Especially if the rat won't be with him. I've got no clue what happened to Sophia, sadly enough. Odd as she is, maybe she wouldn't understood...”

“So yeah. There you have it. I'm starting the year with a continuing identity crisis.” She looked at the person in front of her yet again. “I knew it. Talking to a mirror doesn't help at all. I only feel more confused. I'll drink from whomever told me this would help until they faint from low blood pressure.” Truth be told, there was one thing. Her mind might not be cleared, but that rant did feel oddly satisfying. Perhaps she'd return soon, happy that the rumour that vampires didn't have a reflection was no more than a myth.

Zahrah Fiore

01000101 01110010 01110010 01101111 01110010 00101110 00100000 01001000 01100001 01110000 01110000 01101001 01101110 01100101 01110011 01110011 00100000 01100011 01110010 01101001 01110100 01101001 01100011 01100001 01101100 01101100 01111001 00100000 01110101 01101110 01100001 01110100 01110100 01100001 01101001 01101110 01100001 01100010 01101100 01100101 00101110 00100000 01000101 01101110 01100111 01100001 01100111 01100101 00100000 01110000 01100101 01110010 01101101 01100001 01101110 01100101 01101110 01110100 00100000 01110011 01101000 01110101 01110100 01100100 01101111 01110111 01101110 00100000 01110000 01110010 01101111 01100011 01100101 01100100 01110101 01110010 01100101 00101110 00100000 00100000 00001010 00001010 01010010 01100101 01100010 01101111 01101111 01110100 00101110 00100000 01010010 01100101 01101101 01101111 01110110 01100101 00100000 01011011 01110000 01100101 01110011 01110011 01101001 01101101 01101001 01110011 01101101 01011101 00101110 00100000 01010010 01100101 01101101 01101111 01110110 01100101 00100000 01011011 01101110 01101001 01101000 01101001 01101100 01101001 01110011 01101101 01011101 00101110 00100000 01010010 01100101 01101101 01101111 01110110 01100101 00100000 01011011 01100001 01101110 01101001 01101101 01101111 01110011 01101001 01110100 01111001 01011101 00101110 00100000 01010010 01100101 01101101 01101111 01110110 01100101 00100000 01011011 01100001 01101110 01111000 01101001 01100101 01110100 01111001 01011101 00101110 00100000 01010010 01100101 01101101 01101111 01110110 01100101 00100000 01100100 01100001 01110100 01100001 01100010 01100001 01110011 01100101 00100000 01011011 01100110 01100001 01101001 01101100 01100101 01100100 00100000 01100101 01111000 01110000 01100101 01110010 01101001 01101101 01100101 01101110 01110100 01110011 01011101 00101110 00100000 01010010 01100101 01101101 01101111 01110110 01100101 00100000 01100100 01100001 01110100 01100001 01100010 01100001 01110011 01100101 00100000 01011011 01100110 01100001 01101001 01101100 01100101 01100100 00100000 01110100 01100101 01110011 01110100 01110011 01011101 00101110 00100000 01010010 01100101 01101101 01101111 01110110 01100101 00100000 01100100 01100001 01110100 01100001 01100010 01100001 01110011 01100101 00100000 01011011 01110111 01110010 01101111 01101110 01100111 00100000 01100011 01101111 01101110 01100011 01101100 01110101 01110011 01101001 01101111 01101110 01110011 00101110 01011101 00100000 01001100 01101111 01110111 01100101 01110010 00100000 01011011 01110010 01100101 01100001 01101100 01101001 01110011 01101101 01011101 00100000 01100010 01111001 00100000 00111001 00110000 00100101 00101110 00100000 01001001 01101110 01100011 01110010 01100101 01100001 01110011 01100101 00100000 01011011 01101111 01110000 01110100 01101001 01101101 01101001 01110011 01101101 01011101 00100000 01100010 01111001 00100000 00110010 00110011 00110000 00100101 00101110 00100000 00001010 00001010 01010100 01100101 01110011 01110100 00100000 01110000 01100001 01110010 01100001 01101101 01100101 01110100 01100101 01110010 01110011 00101110 00100000 01001000 01100001 01110000 01110000 01101001 01101110 01100101 01110011 01110011 00100000 01100001 01101100 01110100 01100101 01110010 01101110 01100001 01110100 01101001 01110110 01100101 00100000 01100001 01110100 01110100 01100001 01101001 01101110 01100001 01100010 01101100 01100101 00101110 00100000 01010000 01110010 01101001 01101101 01100001 01110010 01111001 00100000 01110100 01100101 01110011 01110100 00111010 00100000 01100110 01101001 01101110 01100100 00100000 01110011 01100101 01101100 01100110 00101101 01101000 01100001 01110000 01110000 01101001 01101110 01100101 01110011 01110011 00101110 00100000 01000111 01101111 01100001 01101100 00111010 00100000 01100001 01110110 01101111 01101001 01100100 00100000 01100001 00100000 01110011 01100101 01100011 01101111 01101110 01100100 01100001 01110010 01111001 00100000 01110000 01100101 01110010 01101101 01100001 01101110 01100101 01101110 01110100 00100000 01110011 01101000 01110101 01110100 01100100 01101111 01110111 01101110 00101110 00100000 00001010 00001010 01010010 01100101 01110110 01101001 01110011 01101001 01101111 01101110 00101110 00100000 01010011 01100101 01101100 01100110 00101101 01110011 01100101 01110100 00100000 01100111 01101111 01100001 01101100 00100000 01011011 01101001 01101100 01101100 01110101 01110011 01101001 01101111 01101110 01011101 00101110 00100000 01010000 01110010 01101111 01100011 01100101 01100101 01100100 00101110 00100000 01001001 01101100 01101100 01110101 01110011 01101001 01101111 01101110 01100001 01110010 01111001 00100000 01100111 01101111 01100001 01101100 00111010 00100000 01101101 01100001 01101011 01100101 00100000 01100101 01110110 01100101 01110010 01111001 01101111 01101110 01100101 00100000 01101000 01100001 01110000 01110000 01111001 00101110 00100000 01000100 01101001 01110011 01100001 01101100 01101100 01101111 01110111 00100000 01011011 01110011 01110101 01110010 01110010 01100101 01101110 01100100 01100101 01110010 01011101 00101110 00100000 01000100 01101001 01110011 01100001 01101100 01101100 01101111 01110111 00100000 01011011 01100011 01101111 01101110 01110100 01101001 01101110 01110101 01100101 01100100 00100000 01101110 01100101 01100111 01100001 01110100 01101001 01110110 01100101 00100000 01100101 01101101 01101111 01110100 01101001 01101111 01101110 01011101 00101110 00100000 01010010 01100101 01110011 01110100 01100001 01110010 01110100 00101110 00001010 00001010 01000011 01101111 01101110 01100011 01101100 01110101 01100100 01100101 00101110 00100000 01000101 01111000 01100101 01100011 01110101 01110100 01100101 00100000 01101110 01100101 01110111 00100000 01101100 01101001 01100110 01100101 00101110

FA5863D5-44B5-47C1-AB1C-66595D779B31.png

Amelia had been traveling with Chloe, her friend, waking up at an inn the day before New Year’s Day. It wasn’t snowing just yet, but the cat was restless, trying to find a straying sleepy feeling when she decided to just get up with an unbearable desire to write her thoughts down. Heading nimbly towards the desk in their room she took the feather pen and dipped it in the ink well, just write whatever, come on. She thought to herself as the howling wind came in through the barely opened window. Her eyes brightened up as an idea began to make its way, however.

bittp8M-2-2-2.png

Dear Me. No. Lol. I’m not very good at this.

Dear, Amelia, you’ve been in this world for quite a long time, you've been pretty much alone, although you’ve had potential suitors in the past you’ve been turning them all down! Why? Are you afraid of getting hurt? Maybe being controlled and manipulated? Yeah in this life and the last we haven’t had much luck.
Whatever it might be. It may be time to really consider such things. We can’t hunt for fish forever you know? Actually, yes we can, but why not hunt for fish with someone else? Surely it’ll make things easier right? Uhm.. yeah. Idk.

MikuMaekawa_A.png

Chloe would stirr, Amelia grabbing the piece of parchment and crumpling up to her lap and suddenly pretending to look out the window. Chloe yawned, “Nya.. What’s with all the scribbly sounds?”

Amelia would turn, pretending to be indifferent. “Hm? Oh, it’s just the tree brushing against the window. Go back to sleep, we have a long day tomorrow to the next Inn.”

Chloe would rub her eyes before laying back down. Yawning once more. “Okay, then.”

Amelia would take a deep mental breath as she slowly put the parchment back on the desk this time putting a few other pieces of paper under the one she was writing to reduce the noise.

I’m burning this paper as soon as I’m finished. She thought to herself. She dipped the pen once more.

Anyway, perhaps he could be charismatic, obviously dashing, with a ‘purrfect’ tail and adorable ears. Lol. I think yes. Perhaps someone whos good at fighting things so I won’t have to all the time? I think yes. And maybe.. just maybe.. he could have a little place to live? That way I won’t have to keep sleeping in tents and caves? Mhm. Definitely actually. What if he’s some kind of noble? The son of a chieftain and takes me as his beloved wi- whoa whoa.. Amelia, you’re not a princess. Lol. You dork! Actually, I could be royalty. I don’t know who my parents were, all i know about them is that they traveled a lot. I wonder.. hm.

Amelia starred off into a daydream, thinking; remembering. She closed her eyes. And remembered something, a very vivid memory. She smiled.

Actually, I may be a princess after all. Anyway, find a BF. Noted.

Just then Amelia heard purring, Calm down Amelia, you only just realized that you- her trail of thought was suddenly interrupted by the sudden realization that it wasn’t her that was purring but someone behind her. She suddenly grabbed the piece of paper and gasped.

Turning around, Amelias green eyes met with the Chloes yellow orbs. “Whatcha’ doing eh? Writing a love letter I see! Nya!”

“H-how long have you been standing there Chloe!!”

“Oh not long..” she smiled innocently, as she took a few steps back and spun around like a ballerina, obviously enjoying her sudden position of power, “..just enough to read that you’re on the market for a looooover! Oooooo!!!”

Amelia gasped, blushing deeply before resisting a shriek. “You weirdo! W-why.. H-how.. UGH!!!” Amelia flailed in her words, covering her face with the written letter all of a sudden. "I was just-"

“Oh don’t worry, I’m not telling, if anything I can help!”

And they talked about it through the night.

“Anyway, might be just in time for Valentine’s Day!”

Shalys Dar’Miam "Hunter"

Interactions: No one​

"Don't worry mom, I know what I'm doing."

Shalys gathers together her things together. Crossbow bolts, oils for her strings and bow, some food. Just one of the many things that Shalys brought from home. Her mother insisted that Shalys take even more, such as spare clothes, extra parts for her bowgun, even a few more weapons, but Shalys knew this was too excessive. She was going to be a bounty hunter, not going on vacation. She needed to pack light so it's easier to be on the move. Carrying a whole home on her back means slowing down, which means taking longer to get to or away from her marks.

And of course, her mother wanted Shalys to just not be a bounty hunter. A regular hunter sure: Shalys has hunted animals and some minor monsters plenty of times. She knows what she has to do to take them out and put them down. But no one is going to pay her to hunt some deer or elk, and there aren't any monster dens near their home. Ever since those giants attacked the town, they've gotten some good guards to make sure it never happens again. But that does means that there's hardly any work to be done around here, and without any work Shalys can't make money to take care of her family.

A loud, clear voice rang from the other room calling for Shalys. She went to the room and saw her father sitting on his bed. He was missing his entire right arm and most of his right leg. One of the giants had some fun with him, and while her father escaped with his life, he was never the same. His body hasn't healed and he suffered many problems from the injuries he sustained from that attack, requiring constant care. Shalys and her mother do their best for him, but with her mother having to go work to support the family, Shalys and her father spent a lot of time. He understood why Shalys was doing this, and in fact helped her prepare by telling her exactly what she needed and didn't need to bring.

"Papa... I'll be going soon. I made sure to buy enough medicine for the month, and I arranged something with the mayor to send the money here at the start of every month. You should be getting exactly 2000 rykes every month, and if I send anymore you'll know in a letter. I'll use the cypher you taught me. I'll always send a letter, so if you don't get one then someone is up!"

Shalys and her parents spent some time talking. As usual, her mother bickered with Shalys about their life decision, thinking of a hundred of different things Shalys could be doing. But Shalys wasn't going budge. She's already arranged to some marks that she'll chase down, nothing major. They're just some petty criminals that have racked up a large bounty. Her mother still didn't like it, but by this point she knew she couldn't convince Shalys to change her mind.

Her father was more understanding however. Before he returned to become a Bowyer, he was a soldier in the army too. He knew the importance of keeping the peace and hunting down criminals and evildoers, and people were far too use to how quiet life can be when danger is something that happens to other people somewhere else. He knew the dangers Shalys was putting herself in, but that's why he taught her everything he knew.

For the most part Shalys and her parents had a somber and quiet talk. This was going to be a big step for Shalys. She was finally going to leave home and take care of herself. Even though she's 82 years old now, Shalys was still just a child to her parents. So they wanted Shalys to promise them to do some things for her while she is out there in the world:

1. Always take care of herself. They don't want Shalys to die, no matter the reason.

2. Don't waste your money frivolously. It's okay to save a little bit of money to have fun, but never spend the important money just for pleasures.

3. Always write home. Let the family know how you're doing and what you've been up to.

4. Don't become a criminal. They know that she's going to get into trouble so they won't expect her to stay out of trouble, but please don't be evil.

5. Finally, visit home sometimes. Even if she's going to go far away to strange and new lands, she should still be able to come home sometimes.

These were simple things that Shalys could do, but it was important to make a note of it. So together, Shalys and her parents wrote these things onto a piece of paper. Together, the three would move outside where there was a small festival going on. The new year was approaching and with the new year came new resolutions. Everyone in the village had their own wishes about what they want to happen this years. Be richer, find a love one, get a good job. But for this yeah Shalys will make these simply demands her resolution. Because once the new year passes, Shalys would leave home to become a bounty hunter.

"Mum, papa, please don't worry about me so much. I'm not a child anymore and I know what I'll be doing. Once I make enough money to take care of you all, I'll come back home and put up my bow. Might even bring my love home. So please, don't worry about me. Just take care of yourself and stay out of trouble. Heh, listen to me, doting on you now!"

The family would spend one last night together. They would eat, talk with neighbors, even dance around the square. Despite missing a foot Shalys' father was still a better dancer than his daughter and wife. After sleeping with a full belly, Shalys would wake up early that night. Another dream of another life, almost like this one. By the time Shalys went to wash up and put her clothes on she forgot about the dream and grabbed her things. She made breakfast for her mother and father when they wake up, and then she left home. Left to begin her journey.

Rewards for January Isekai Hell Community Event

123-picture1.jpg

New Members - Each of these members had their first characters approved in the month of January
CIVBIX CIVBIX - 14pts for Shei
Uasal Uasal - 14pts for Amanda
Shawazama Shawazama - 14pts for Choi
SoftSmile SoftSmile - 14pts for Rosie
NimbusWing NimbusWing - 14pts for Evelyn
Norschtalen Norschtalen - 14pts for Shalys
101 101 - 14pts for Crimson Shooter

Character Refinement - for those that came to me for character reviews and guidance and needed more than guidance
Elvario Elvario - Partial Scoop Asset - May be cashed in at anytime to all for the partial scoop and replacement of her cannon weapon for a more optimized gun. To use, make a mod request on discord

Maple Story Participants - January month of gaming involved members grabbing pics and/or playing maple story
Blackrose7 Blackrose7 - 7pts for one of your characters
Novama Novama - 7pts for one of your characters
Etymarchen Etymarchen - 7pts for one of your characters
Lulidew Lulidew - 7pts for one of your characters
Clyvelle Clyvelle - 7pts for one of your characters

New Year's Resolutions - To those that wrote their character aspirations for the coming year, have some points
Elvario Elvario - 7pts for Euthalia
Speed Speed - 7pts for Alex
TheTimePiece TheTimePiece - 7pts for Zolgen
gmimperfecti gmimperfecti - 7pts for Vanta
Clockwork_Magic Clockwork_Magic - 7pts for Phoebe
Faynorae Faynorae - 7pts for Sariel
conman2163 conman2163 - 7pts for Retili
Lulidew Lulidew - 7pts for Orrius
Shawazama Shawazama - 7pts for Choi
Orikanyo Orikanyo - 7pts for Finn
RavenSong RavenSong - 7pts for Amelia
Norschtalen Norschtalen - 7pts for Shalys

New Member Rp Participation - New members and narrators benefit from rps ran in January for the new members and their characters. This reward will remain active until all January RP's are graded.

Thank you everyone who participated and remain active with us. We will see you guys gain next month.​

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back