• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Graded [Wmgroth Town] He Said, She Said

TheTimePiece

Roleplay Artist
Hello! Welcome! This RP is part of the Isekai Hell community. If you find yourself wanting to partake in an open world Isekai fantasy RP community group based here on RPnation, feel free to check out our links!

Hope to see you soon!

----

Time: Midday

Temperature: Cool

Place: Southern See, outskirts of Wmgroth.

Geography: Boreal forest

RP Goal: Get Euthalia more beneficial connections in the See.

Mentions: Euthalia Elvario Elvario

----

There were plenty of tall trees this far south in the See. Gentle hills and valleys with large swaths of flat land, the occasional mountain here and there comprised the landscape. There was a certain feeling of respect for nature that was often maintained in the See. The call of attractive nature and powerful magics ever alluring to any would be adventurers or travelers.

The very reason this tight knit trio was traveling to this part of the southern See however was a united goal; to help Euthalia regain her status and redeem herself in the See, so that she could actualize her goals moving forward. Accompanying her were her companions, Keone and Islwyn. Both of them wanted to see Euthalia succeed and would do their utmost to see her success.

Wmgroth itself was an area where more wealthy and prestigious residents of the See visited , it had a variety of luxury goods available at the bazaar thanks to its strong merchant presence. Wealthy Fae also enjoyed visiting there not only for the market and business scene but also the privacy it could offer, away from what they deemed to be the general riff raff. You were much more likely to run into high society in Wmgroth than other area which suited some quite nicely.

As the trio made their way down the path they’d encounter a few fae making their way there as well. They would see a wooden barrier going around the perimeter of the foresty town, in the distance. There seemed to be some protection runes carved into the sides of the tall wooden border wall and someone with enhanced vision or magic sense would be able to see a slight green distortion in the air going around in a dome shape over the whole place. Whoever had invested their resources had placed a protection magic barrier running all throughout the border and space above from what could be seen.

Wmgroth Entrance Gate A

33af6bdd-938f-4b15-a9db-353505e2c111.png

Keonislwyn.jpg

“So this is where the bigwigs like to hang out, huh?” The naga said to no one in particular, sounding a bit deadpan, a bit of an unimpressed look on her face. Even if she could tolerate the idea that some held, which was that Fae were superior, she knew the chances of running into someone like that was exponentially higher with these types who were born with golden spoons in their mouths who probably hadn’t even seen a day of genuine hard work in their lives. So she was skeptical of how she’d be received, but if it helped Euthalia she’d gladly come along.

Islwyn on the other hand had been prancing along as she liked to do, going on a walk through the See to something exciting was a way to put her in a good mood particularly when she got to spend it with Euthalia!

“Oh lighten up Keone, just think of the potential! There’s bound to be someone influential in Wmgroth who has something important for Euthalia to do, and I heard that there’s a great shopping scene too! I'm getting giddy just thinking about it.~” She said with a warm smile. While she didn’t say it, the pair probably had a good idea that she was very much thinking about the plethora of diverse alcoholic beverages that would be available at a fancier place like this.

Keone kept slithering along, folding her arms, rolling her good eye, “Yeah, yeah, exciting opportunities, I know.” she said as her expression turned into a bit of a smile, finding Islwyn’s optimism and excitement a bit infectious, elevating her own mood some.

As they neared the end of the main dirt path which they had come in on led to one of the primary wooden gates which currently had a large Treant standing next to it. It appeared that he had a few glowing green orbs of natural energy which he was using to appraise anyone who wanted to enter.

As they approached the treant, the more serious look on the Naga’s face returned as she looked up at it. Instinctually she slithered even closer to Euthalia and postured herself on the right side of her so that her tail was slightly curved around where Euthalia stood, crossing her arms, the body language rather defensive.

Islwyn on the other hand looked a more open maintaining a smile as she stood on the left side.

Treant
c688e251d59916a2afbff5990550e156--fantasy-creatures-digital-art.jpg

“Purpose of entry?” The about 12'0 tall tree asked in a low voice, simultaneously one green ball each floated down and used ??? grade Appraisal on the trio individually. A mist like substance left the pipe the Treant had in it's mouth while this all transpired.

Last edited:
Euthalia Apricot
Languages: Common | {Sylvan} |
Mentions: TheTimePiece TheTimePiece

It'd been a while after her adventures in the Glade. Although she still wasn't sure of what exactly to make out of all that had occurred there, she'd managed to make it to her next destination. It was a place where she could finally get her next goals further established, as the wealthy Fae here would likely be able to allow her to regain some connections and status. That is, on the assumption she'd be able to play her cards right.

Then again, there was one thing about this area that bothered her. “{Help me keep an eye one Keone.}” She whispered to Islwyn, upon spotting all the luxury goods that were sold in this area. She knew they'd be big sources of temptations for her snakey companion. Although the latter normally knew not to steal and get them all into trouble, it was best to be safe rather than to end up being sorry. When she noticed Islwyn's surprising excitement, however, she realised Keone wasn't the only one to worry about. “{Only once we've found and completed a job.}” She told Islwyn, both warning her to stay focussed and tempting her with a great reward for getting things done.

She was glad to see a Treant again. Whilst they weren't of the same species, meeting other plant-based lifeforms was always a pleasure, as she felt like there was a unique connection between them by virtue of simply working and living in manners that most others wouldn't be able to comprehend. “{Good afternoon, sir. I'm Euthalia Apricot, a humble messenger seeking employment.}” She replied with practised words. “{These two are my companions, Islwyn Meadhra and Keone Nagendra, here for the same purpose.}”

Place: Southern See, Entrance of Wmgroth.

Keonislwyn.jpg

Islwyn's ear which was closet to Euthalia twitched as she picked up on Euthalia's whispering and thankfully seemed to know exactly what she meant as she gave her a side wink back with a bit of a smile and a nod.

The smile only brightened up further when she heard what Euthalia was telling her if they were successful, only adding to her desire for this job to be a success, if they were lucky maybe as part of the business they could negotiate something nice to drink.

Even if she had good enough hearing, It seemed that their naga companion's mind had been else where so she hadn't heard Euthalia, sort of in her own world at the moment.
---
Treant
The tall tree nodded, and if Euthalia looked through his beard like growth, she could see that his woody face had a bit of a faint smile on it. He paused for a moment after he was able to read the titles, apparently in thought.

" It's nice to meet you Euthalia Apricot, A messenger of the See indeed as you say, I can see, that is most interesting. You have certainly come to the right place." His tone was more friendly now compared to the serious one that he had initially used. "I can also tell that you bring with you some interesting company, not an uncommon site around this area."

---
Keone's eye became a bit more slanted, as she looked up at him curiously, her body language became a bit less guarded as she gradually brought her tail back when it seemed Euthalia was positive to him, and he seemed to respond positively. Even so of course who else could he be referring too other than the beast? Both Islwyn and Euthalia would have been normal enough otherwise. For now she was on standby to see what he was going to say next.

Islwyn meanwhile twitched a bit, idling, looking around a bit before looking back up at the tree, trying her best to stand still and appear presentable and nonthreatening to him to the very best of her ability. Still a social warmth radiated off of her, that the Treant could see which helped put him at further ease had there been any shadow of doubt in his mind that these people were who they said they were.

---
The Treant crouched down a bit more, "Between you and me, Sylvari, our kind should support one another when possible. Since you mentioned you are looking for work I think I know of something that would be of interest." He continued speaking.

"There's a Cactus spirit named Shaamil who has set up near the bazaar for amany years now, as a leading representative of the Faazi merchant guild a prolific one at that they're responsible for bringing in a many sought after imports which are far out in the realm some even beyond the see."

"Also trust me when I say this his stand is very hard to miss, let him know that Orinleaf sent you. He's been in need of a proper messenger for quite some time now but has been stubborn about the affair, when he hears that I sent you, I Think maybe he'll reconsider at least trying..I'm sure he'll reward you handsomely should he come around."
Orinleaf finished.

"Now then Euthalia unless you wish to continue speaking with me, you and your companions may pass." He spoke still warmly. Despite them being different species it seemed that he felt some sort of kinship himself.
---
Islwyn looked over at Euthalia with a maintained smile at that before she pipped up looking back at him. "Thank you for the tip kind sir! We really appreciate it."

Keone in comparison uncrossed her arms. "Right..thanks."

And just like that the wooden gate glowed a faint green and retracted revealing a processional way with ornate stone obelisks. There was also a set of stone steps. It was a comparably much more well maintained path which if followed long enough would lead to the center of Wmgroth.

What could be seen just past the gate:

4cb21b7350da85fbb09ac26ae6fde2c5.jpg

Last edited:
Euthalia Apricot

She was glad to hear they hadn't come here in vein. She was also glad to hear the Treant open up, even though the latter didn't introduce himself. Perhaps he was old enough to no longer care about names, like some of the ancient Ents she'd met? Either way, the friendlier tone of his was putting her at ease. She nodded when he told her their kind should support one another. “{Indeed, even among fellow Fae, our ways differ from the fleshed ones.}” She replied, having no issue stressing their (literally) shared roots.

She took careful note of the names and places he mentioned. A Cactus spirit names Shaamil. She'd met a lot of Fae, but never before a Cactus spirit. That's when she was surprised to learn she did get a name after all. Orinleaf. So perhaps he wasn't that old just yet. “{Thank you kindly for your advice and for allowing us to mention your name.}” She spoke, giving a polite bow. “{As much as I'd love to enjoy your company a little longer, I'm afraid I still have the busyness of youth in me and must continue onwards.}” She said, with a hint of humour in her voice.

As she walked into the place, she immediately had mixed feelings a bout it. The plant-life was nice here, albeit relatively mundane compared to some other parts of the See. However, the weird rock formations weren't pleasant to the eyes. They looked like things that Humans might make, a thing of which the thought alone made her hate them. Then again, such a concern wasn't something worth paying any more attention to. Instead, she headed in the direction of the bazaar. It made her wonder in what sense his stand would be hard to miss...

Place: Southern See, Wmgroth

Orinleaf
It seemed that Orinleaf was agreeable to her assessment of them being different enough than the fleshed ones, he nodded. Even with this agreement at the very least he didn't seem to show an ill feelings towards Keone after his observation, unlike what others may have indicated in a similar position to him as a member of the fae the tolerance levels certainly varied from member to member no doubt.

Orinleaf smiled at her bow and thanks as well as the other two members of her party. A soft chuckling sound of sorts came from him at her youthfulness jest. "It's always nice to have the agreeable sort come through these walls meaning to do respectable work, when you've been around as long as I have you'll see all sorts, anyway if that's the case then I bid you well on your business. Perhaps we will meet again in the future." He said giving her a slight bow back, before standing back up tall and moving out of the way for them a bit while the opening occurred.

4cb21b7350da85fbb09ac26ae6fde2c5-1.jpg

Those who were atuned to magic once more could see feint green lines of magical energy fainting shooting from the tips of the obelisks towards the domes. While the assessment that they looked like humans could have made them were accurate, perhaps they were there less for decor and more for safety, if they had anything to do with the ongoing protection magic that had been set in this place. It was as good as anyone's guess.

Keonislwyn-1.jpg

Islwyn also picked up on the peculiarity of the structures as she moved along lightly beside Euthalia "Hmmm, I can't say I was expecting decorations like that, they don't..seem to be artistic..either as far as I can tell, maybe practical?" She said to no one in particular, before continued warmly, "At least that fine gentleman back there had a good idea. Looks like you've struck lady luck's fancy today Euthalia." She continued light heartedly.

Keone followed along the path looking up at the stone pieces too, she didn't seem to have much to say on the matter, but she too was a bit surprised to see them in the See that wasn't usually there style from what she had learned in her time there.

"Tch, I'll believe it when I see it, I've heard enough too good to be true stories and seen too many end up disappointed in this life time already."

---

As the trio headed through the forestry which being a boreal forest perhaps though there were many tall trees, wasn't as majestic as far as plant life went, as other parts of the See as Euthalia had thought to herself , as they moved down the path the stone structures became fewer and fewer, until eventually after a largely uneventful walk, (in Keone's case slither) the trio found themselves at the precipice of one of the most populated portions of Wmgroth, seeing the massive trees in the distance well before.

"I haven't seen trees that large in quite some time!~ Maybe Wmgroth has more nature to offer than first meets the eye!~" Islwyn piped up looking in the distance with a smile. It seemed she had also picked up on how pedestrian the forest section you first see when entering Wmgroth from the side they had come in on looked too.

Keone saw them too as they were pretty impossible to miss, as she too looked a bit surprised initially, but for the time being kept pace with the pair, as they approached and got close.

There were a series of trees like the following spread throughout the area, with large mushroom roofs on residential and business areas alike spread throughout the thick trees which were in a circular area. Some of the mushroom topped places were higher up and private residencies for the wealthy towards the very top, and were accessible only through the use of specific magics no doubt. The more commoner type lived below near the forest floor, it was how Wmgroth had been arranged for a very long time.

0d840ee7637c4f8447ef9ce41087ef21.jpg
----
As they got closer they could see a wide variety of people from all over the realm in a central village square of sorts and that's where the stands were set up. It was very much like as advertised based on what Orinleaf had said. The sound of chatter could be heard, moving wheels from carts, languages from common to Sylvan and even the beast tongue here and there appearing as some people haggled, the sound of Rykes could be heard every now and again hitting the tops of stands.

Wmgroth Center Market
asian-culture-bazaar-painting-fantasy-wallpaper-preview.jpg
---
Before they could properly make their way into the space however a stout masked fae of sorts with a wide hat and walking stick made their way up to them with some kind of animal carrying a bag, and began speaking to Euthalia in Sylvan since she seemed to be in the lead and center, and since she was tall, she seemed like the most logical pick for the merchant to engage with.
Fae Merchant
artworks-yXCqZK5AhX8IXtrC-zVX1vw-t500x500.jpg

"Interested in buying? I'll show you my wares. Highest quality, Very rare, very good price. New face special, just for you." The figure spoke with a voice that was hard to discern as masculine or feminine. The animal partner stood idle looking over at the trio every now and again.

Euthalia Apricot

Euthalia, having had her Heart's Seed taken from her, was entirely oblivious to anything magic going on. It's why she was surprised to hear Islwyn picking up on them as well, suggesting they might be practical. “{Practical..?}” She questioned at first. “{I'm not sure what practice they could fulfil, but you're right. A need for them would surely be a more acceptable reason for their existence than a mere desire for them.}” She concluded, happy to excuse her fellow Fae of having severly distasteful decorations.

She smiled upon the mention of lady luck. “{Indeed, that was a relief. I didn't expect to find an opportunity before even setting foot into this city. Let's hope fortune will continue to favour us.}” It was a great start to their outing.

The massive three looked amazing from a distance, but when they got closer, Euthalia stopped dead in her tracks. Her entire skin felt itchy just looking at the three as a shiver went down her spine. To her, what she was looking at was the equivalent of a Human looking a giant animal body covered in leeches that some people had gutted and started living in. It was freaky. “{To not only allow mushrooms to grow on the tree and leech off of its life forces, but to even turn them into residences... I didn't expect to see such an awful sight. Either these are fake and in bad taste, or they have a horribly skewered sense of being in harmony with nature by turning this parasites into housing, of all things.}” The idea of being covered in fungi like that herself was really making her skin crawl.

She tried to distract herself from the thought by focussing on the market instead. She was about to see if anything resembled a Cactus spirit with a 'stand you wouldn't miss' when she was approached by another. If it wasn't a rather adorable looking Fae, she might've been annoyed by it, but she couldn't be mad at such a cute fellow. Even so, she had to disappoint him. “{I'm afraid I'm not exactly good on money right now, so even with good prices, you'll find I'm a bad customer.}” She figured it was best to get this person disillusioned about his potential sales. She did wonder what he was. This couldn't be the Cactus spirit already, could it? She wasn't too familiar with them, but she imagined them to be more prickly.

Place: Southern See, Wmgroth Market Center

Keone was equally as curious as Euthalia since she didn't posesss the means to see the faint green lines either, Regardless Islwyn nodded in agreement, Practical it was then, even if two of the three weren't sure what exactly they were accomplishing and the other only had a general sense of what they could be doing.

As much as Keone hoped that Islwyn was right, as well as Euthalia since she wanted her to succeed so dearly, sometimes it was just hard to feel positive in dubious situations like these.
---
Wmgroth Center Market
asian-culture-bazaar-painting-fantasy-wallpaper-preview-2.jpg

Keonislwyn-1.jpg

While Islwyn wasn't as bothered by the mushroom roofed houses probably on account of her not being a plant she understood the sentiment behind what Euthalia was saying. "I must admit even with my appreciation of nature, and while I can I understand 'harmony in nature' I too find it an odd choice to pick something that's parasitic. I don't think with how busy this place is helps much, they've seemed to have built upwards sort of like how I've heard humans in busy urban cities like to build sometimes..not that I haven't seen similar in the See from time to time, but I do wonder sometimes if less is more." She said, recalling her more humble origins frockling about with her loved ones, dancing, sleeping around, drinking, those were the days. There was quite a bit more forest and less people in areas meaning nature's beauty could speak for itself more without the intervention of fae developing it.

"Maybe it's a new fashion trend and parasites are in." Keone said dryly. While she wasn't looking at the buildings from the perspective of a Fae she understood well enough that it made Euthalia unhappy and that was enough for her to decide that it wasn't a good thing probably. However as her eye went to the market she began to glance around gradually, giving a bit of a side eye in the distance toward some interesting looking items on display. The thought of course crossed her mind, if she could just get her hands on something nice she could help Euthalia get the funding she needed to reestablish herself, after all money talked regardless what racial tree you were from and they wouldn't have to put up with all of this nonsense.

However Islwyn looked over at Keone and noticed these thoughts were transpiring in Keone's body language and gave her a knowing look like don't even try anything without saying a word, before Keone looked back and said softly "Yeah Yeah.." putting her hands back down to her sides.

Fae Merchant
artworks-yXCqZK5AhX8IXtrC-zVX1vw-t500x500-1.jpg
The Fae Merchant looked back at Euthalia looking down a bit crestfallenly at hearing that she was short on money, before looking back up "You sure you no take look? Really no money? I give half off certain items." The fae seemed a bit more pushy now getting closer up to them but still keeping a distance. While the masked pack animal in the back looked back occasionally blinking.
Keone
Screenshot 2023-03-05 at 4.33.53 PM.png

As the Fae got closer to Euthalia however Keone slithered in a bit closer once more. "Hey, buddy, she said she doesn't have money to buy whatever you're peddling, we're here on business, and we're lookin' for a guy named Shaamil, owner of the Faazi merchant guild, you know he's a big shot around here, you wouldn't want to obscure his business now would you?" She asked.

The Fae looked back at her and thought for a moment before the merchant replied in the simplest of terms this time in common. "Pay and I show."

Just as Keone was about to pipe up, her eyes narrowing in response,

Islwyn
Screenshot 2023-03-05 at 4.34.35 PM.png

Islwyn piped up using Charm F Making her way over closer to the merchant a bit more suggestively. Leaning in towards him some with a disarming smile, "Awh, you mean you wouldn't tell us where he is? Even for me? and I thought you were a cute guy too a wealthy and confident one at that, and here I was thinking about asking you out for a drink later, but I can't do that until my business is complete here, so what do you say, can you help us? the sooner we get this done the sooner we can all have some fun."

As Islwyn spoke, suddenly the merchant's face started to turn as red as cherry tomato, "O-Okay I show, but we meet again later." He spoke it sounded like the fae found the idea appealing as it gestured for them to follow after him as he moved through the crowd. It. seemed like the merchant had been trying to take advantage of the situation certainly since if they followed him as he went just , around the corner revealed a sizable tent which completely contrasted with many of the other stands in terms of aesthetic. The fae stopped at the tent and pointed over to it, not seeming to want to get any closer himself.

Faazi Merchant Guild Tent
bc52548654111d6f71e1eebb66229e96.jpg

The sign above the tent clearly said Faazi Merchant Guild in common chosen for a universal language understanding.

Standing outside of the tent were four lizardmen of varying heights. They all wore bejeweled white and tan turbans, with scimitars at their sides, as well as cloaks. They looked like they could have easily been body guards. They looked around every now and again, they were on the scalier side of those with the [beast] title, not posessing any unscaled skin varying between green and purplish tones, their heads between reptilian and human.

Not so far off from them was another figure who appeared to be standing near a tan plant fiber bagged which was bulbous filled of who knew what. Every now and again he spoke to the lizard men in what sounded like could have been beastial. The choice of clothing he wore seemed to be unique, a cowl, a hat, and a firearm of sorts, something not all that common in the realm to begin with, perhaps solidifying the wealth of the faction with the fire arm's expense. Was that who they were looking for?

Unknown Fae

1181110300.png

Last edited:
Euthalia Apricot

“{All I can say with certainty is that the sight of it is making my skin crawl.}” Euthalia replied to Islwyn's analysis of the tree, which was a lot more thorough than Euthalia's instant dislike of it. She did have a more thorough reply for Keone, as the snake's dry reply didn't make Euthalia realise that the snake had actually caught on to her reason for dislike. “Imagine the tree being a giant snake and the parasites being giant leeches. The leeches are partially carved out and have people living in them. The snake is forced to support both the parasitic leeches and all the structures build in and around those.” That'd probably get her snaky friend to realise just why Euthalia disliked the sight so much.

That left her to deal with the merchant. Before she could figure out how to reply to the pushy merchant, Keone already did. She sighed at his reply. Typical merchant stuff. It was a good thing Islwlyn was tagging along, as she quickly and expertly distracted the desired information. Once they were closer to the tent and out of the hearing range of the small guy, Euthalia laughed. “{He fell for that instantly. Well done, Islwlyn.}” Then again, there was another option. “{Although I was curious to see what he'd have done of Keone would've started coiling around him slowly. Then again, it's best to avoid trouble.}”

With their market adventures past them, she faced the new tent. She didn't have much of a notion of a 'cactus' spirit, but this certainly managed to fit the little preconceived she did possess. The lizard guard were fairly imposing, making her realise she might de dealing with some trouble here, if she didn't play her cards carefully. She whispered to Keone. “{Do you know what they are saying?}” Upon hearing an unfamiliar language.

That said, standing in front of the tent without doing much was probably just going to make them look suspicious, so Euthalia decided to step up to the guards. “Apologies, sirs. I'm but a humble messenger who learned that your master Shaamil, might be able to provide me and my companions with work. Would it be possible for me to speak to him?”

Place: Southern See, Wmgroth Market Center

Keonislwyn-1.jpg

Islwyn understood that much.

Keone's face shifted to one of distaste as she pictured the imagery that Euthalia was describing to her, when put into the context of an animal rather than tree it was certainly easier for her to imagine the very unpleasant scene which Euthalia wanted to her to picture. "Yuck, I get it, I was just kidding." She replied, realizing that Euthalia hadn't picked up on it, which she should have expected.

---

"Tch, yeah I woulda made him squirm." Keone said with a tad bit of playful smugness. At Euthalia's comment regarding the merchant. "Key words being would of, a bit difficult with little miss show off over here." She jested a bit. It seemed that Keone was in a bit better spirits after seeing the red colors that Islwyn had made the Merchant turn and how flustered he got in response, plus it looked like Orinleaf had told the truth, it looked like things were finally starting to look up for the group for sure now.

Islwyn lit up at the praise which she received from Euthalia, "Well I can't let you have all the fun now can I ?" She countered towards Keone playfully.

Despite the light hearted exchange things quickly became more serious upon noticing the lizard men. When Euthalia asked Keone if she could understand what they were saying she listened in to see if she could decipher the beastial, "Yeah it sounds like they're complaining about someone or something.." Before Keone could continue much however she followed after Euthalia slithering along as did Islwyn, who looked a bit more serious despite her usual demeanor, as she picked up on the swords the lizardmen had at their sides.

The lizardmen turned to look at Euthalia one of the tallest, and greenest looked at her skeptically, while the others turned to face her too. Before the tallest could respond

Keone

Keone decided she'd go in for the assist this time around, slithering over closer to the left side of Euthalia, adding in their native tongue, "This treant named Orinleaf sent us, said Euthalia here would be just what your boss needed."

Upon hearing this the lizardmen perked up pleasantly surprised to not have to speak common, and the face on the lizardmen became more agreeable. "Very well then, anything to get Shaamil to calm down." He replied in Beastial. It seemed like the proof that they had spoken to Orinleaf was enough for the Lizardmen to trust them, otherwise they may have gotten a more skeptical or bureaucratic response to the question which wouldn't have been favorable. The tall green one then pointed towards the tent."He's in there."

Then the group of four lizardmen split up two of them heading into the tent where the one had gestured. Even so it seemed that they weren't going to take any chances with leaving him unguarded, two staying on either side of the entrance and two acting as an escort.

As they'd follow the lizard men, they'd quickly see that the tent was deceivingly small on the exterior and much larger on the interior. There were a variety of goods on shelves and in wooden containers spread out like a market on either wall. Expensive colorful carpets on the floor of the tent and were also hanging up on racks. The wares were very organized and displayed in the most flattering way possible on either side. Potions, glasses, strange fruits of varying hues, necklaces, rings, sashes, strange colored rocks. There were some swords, spears, shields, and catalysts on wooden racks, with some kind of protection circle drawn around them, as well as armors of varying sizes on display. Parallel were bows, arrows and quivers.

There was positively magic at play for such an unassuming tent to open up into a fully fledged stocked store.Despite all of this the lizardmen led the trio towards the back as Keone glanced around as if she was quickly appraising the more expensive items. Islwyn looked curiously at some of the bottled goods briefly wondering if she could read any labels to see if there was anything worth coming back to drink.

There was a wooden door at the back of the store front which had the Faazi guild logo prominently carved into it, which one of the lizardmen went up to and knocked on tentatively.

"You have visitors." The leading lizardman replied in common.

A voice spoke back in Sylvan "Come in." The reply was curt and had an annoyed undertone. Upon the lizardman opening the door and the other one stepping to the left of the door, while the other unlocked it and opened it.

Once the door was opened it revealed an ornate room with a desk there were scrolls strung about it partially written on the desk ,as well as a large ink reservoir and many books behind the desk. There appeared to be a window that let it natural light but when it was looked into it didn't lead anywhere suggesting magic to simulate natural light entering the space. Right on the desk stood a [small] fae as he was midway levitating a quil, looking focused on the symbols on the scrolls he was writing. There was also a large hourglass on the desk next to him.

The two lizardmen then walked in and took a side on the left and right of Shaamil's desk, at ease for the time being.

Shaamil "The Great" Cactus Spirit
1033210300.png
He looked up from the desk at the trio. "Well then, what do you want from the Great Shaamil without an appointment at that, time is money and I have many things on my mind right now."

Euthalia Apricot

Was this a face-off between the tall green folk? That's what Euthalia felt for a bit, when the tallest and greenest lizard-folk looked at her sceptically. She'd be standing taller and greener than him if needed, but luckily enough, it wasn't needed. Keone slithered to her aid and was clever enough to mention Orinleaf. That was about the only thing that Euthalia could make out, as she didn't speak Beastial herself. Not yet, at least. She was debating to ask Keone to teach her about it soon.

To her surprise, they weren't led to the cactus looking ranger they'd spotted talking to the lizard men. It was a good thing she'd asked first, otherwise she'd have definitely assumed that person to be the Shaamil they were looking for. Now, they were instead led into the tent. Euthalia was caught off guard at first, by the interior's size. Some deceptive magic was at work here.Euthalia wasn't able to take in the goods all that much, however, as she'd much rather keep an eye on her companions instead. They'd both clearly spotted some things they liked.

To her surprise, the tent was even big enough to have an office. She also noted the annoyed sounding tone of voice, which wasn't promising. The small Fae was not exactly what she expected, but she wasn't one to judge. Well, to judge fellow Fae, of course. She'd judge Humans for the crime of existing, but that was another story. Either way, she focussed on Shaamil. “{Good afternoon sir, and thank you for hearing me out. I am Euthalia Apricot, a humble messenger. My friend Orinleaf told me that you might be in need of my services.}” She decided to be short and to the point, as she believed this spirit wasn't eager to hear her out for long.

Place: Southern See, Wmgroth Market Center, Faazi Merchant Guild Tent, Shaamil's office

Keone
Upon seeing the fact that Shaamil was no taller or wider than a young goblin, Keone had a bit of a predatory like look in her eye briefly, as if she was picturing what it would be like to coil around the [small] cactus spirit, alas there was no way she was going to potentially blow this for Euthalia never mind the fact that there were guards there. Even so the thought crossed her mind as her tail shifted some, before it returned to normal and she listened to what the cactus spirit had to say.

Islwyn

Islwyn tried her best to look as presentable as possible as she had done with Shaamil, realizing that this was probably the time to be serious rather than make any light hearted comments, even if it wasn't her natural way of doing things, so she kept a collected but friendly look on her face, even as Shaamil spoke curtly to them.

---
Shaamil "The Great"
1033210300.png

While this was taking place after hearing Euthalia give her line, Shaamil paused his writing completely, the quill just floating there from his componentless magic telekinesis no doubt as he had been waving his hands around during the movement. He looked at Euthalia lowering his spectacles a bit, before he brought out a small yellowy orange orb from a small portal which opened up, perhaps; a pocket dimension, which looked somewhat similar to the green orbs that they had encountered earlier except it looked like. bits of sand were floating around in the orb.

The orb seemed to do a similar scan motion on Euthalia and the companions, before Shaamil perked up more in reaction to what he was reading. "So you are an official messenger of the See!" he then looked toward the lizardman who had opened the door, "And why didn't you tell The Great Shaamil? The Great Shaamil been looking for someone just like her, Orinleaf must have truly sent you, a good Fae he is."

"Now then messenger of The See you would be doing the Great Shaamil a great favor if you were to look at this message, a beautiful Fae as yourself must understand how to properly convey the way the Great Shaamil feels, and deliver it in the most appropriate way, please have a look It would mean the most to The Great Shaamil this has been on The Great Shaamil's mind as of late and it's been most distracting but I think you'll find it to be the most masterful."

He continued. By this point it was clear he was insistent on using the third person with his title, of course whether or not it was earned could only be seen by reading his titles. Nevertheless He took a ornate looking scroll out floating it with his magic and gestured to the lizardman who promptly reached over and took it from where it floated, before the lizardman handed the scroll over to Euthalia.

"Of course a successful delivery and favorable result would earn not only proper compensation but the favor of The Great Shaamil and the Faazi Merchant Guild." He added in.

If Euthalia was to open the contents she would see the following written in Sylvan as she unrolled it.

To My Dearest Tama,

My heart beats for you like a hummingbird's wings.

I long for you like a tadpole out of water.

Like a dandelion seed drifting in the wind does a soft spot of grass.

I would travel to the depths of the dark continent and slay an Abyssal beast for you.

I would flagellate myself like the master does his runaway slave if it meant I could spend just another moment in your presence.

I would spend the next thousand years just gazing into your beautiful eyes.

All the Rykes in the world couldn't buy a lingering glance from you.

Please my dearest Tamarack I know we haven't always seen eye to eye but won't you go out with me just this once?

With Great Adoration,

The Great and Powerful Shaamil.

Regardless of how questionable some of the lines were it seemed that Shaamil wanted an opinion/feedback on the letter and delivery from Euthalia as a messenger, better if the message was well received or not it sounded like as far as rewards went.

Euthalia Apricot

Euthalia didn't mind getting scanned again too much. She knew how tricky her kind was and how folk like Shaamil would try to counter such trickery. More surprising was his enthusiasm. It was way more than expected. Her first instinct was to reply 'I just told you though.' when he asked her why she didn't tell him, but she decided to abstain from doing so.

His request was very surprising. Look at a message. Not deliver it. The compliments were noted, but she wasn't sure what to think of them. She had zero interest in Fae like Shaamil, but then again, an employer complimenting her looks was a good thing overall. Even so, the task's difficult was immediately made clear. He wanted her to look at it, but he also called it masterful. Add to that that favourable results were a condition for favourable rewards and she could see the thin ice she'd have to thread upon. Find out a subtle balance between polite remarks, praise and hopefully ensuring this went well.

She'd go through the actual letter, but not before signalling Islwyn to look over it as well. The latter was the more knowledge-able on romantic stuff, after all. “{It's very poetic.}” She said, having gone through a few lines. However, there were a few iffy parts in that letter. She figured she'd bring it forth carefully. “{However, there are a few lines that make me wonder if the type of person you're writing for would appreciate them. For example, I know the mention of slavery is a sensitive issue to some, which might ruin the rest of the letter.}” That was a topic she definitely couldn't stay silent on, especially not with Keone in the room. It was difficult to hide the fact she believed that line to be written in extremely poor taste. “{Could you perhaps tell us a bit more about Tama?}”

She also doubted it was wise to call yourself 'The Great and Powerful' at the end of a love letter, but wasn't sure how to bring such a topic up without stirring too much trouble. Perhaps she'd get a chance at mentioning it later.

Place: Southern See, Wmgroth Market Center, Faazi Merchant Guild Tent, Shaamil's office

Islwyn

Islwyn noticed Euthalia signal to her, so she came over and leaned in to look at the scroll text beside Euthalia, reading over it as well. Thankfully this was exactly the sort of thing she could sort through to help Euthalia out. As she looked through the text her face stayed relatively positive, perhaps a bit melodramatic here and there but the sentiment was charming enough.

"I agree many of the nature analogies work well enough, nice work." She said as she read in thought, trying to put as a positive spin as possible. But a bit of a grimace sneaked it's way on her face at the slavery line, before she quickly went back to appearing more pleasant and positive again.

Keone

Keone upon hearing Euthalia's comment about the distasteful line started to give a disapproving side eye towards Shaamil instinctually. She was very clearly not impressed to here this was what he thought of romantic, particularly not after experiencing the horrors that slavery could bring herself. She had half a notion to chew him out for the line, but knew that wasn't going to get Euthalia what sh wanted so she held her tongue, instead she contributed in her own way

" Listen this isn't exactly my area of expertise but I'll level with ya, even I think Euthalia's right, Even if Islwyn isn't saying it either she agrees too, I don't know many, Fae or not, who would appreciate a serious topic like that being dropped in something that's supposed to put them in a romantic mood and make them feel desired , whether they agree with slavery or not, you can see how it'd be a buzzkill no?" She stated putting it more lightly than she would have if the circumstances were different, still keeping a fairly serious face. Because Keone wanted Euthalia to succeed so badly that with enough willpower she was able to turn her utter distain and desire to say some unsavory things to try to combat the ignorance which Shaamil spewed intentional or not.

Shaamil "The Great"
1033210300.png

"But of course who would expect less from The Great Shaamil ?" He said sounding happy at Islwyn's praise and the comment that Euthalia made about it being poetic. However he looked curiously at them, thankfully not particularly paying attention to Keone's look in his direction, when Euthalia mentioned slavery being an inappropriate topic, and by the time Keone was agreeing with her she had handled it well looking over at her.

"But all that The Great Shaamil says is true! Shaamil would suffer great violence if she would give The Great Shaamil the time of day The Great Shaamil wanted." He said in earnest. However upon reflecting upon both of their comments as it seemed he was in thought he finally continued,

"But The Great Shaamil relents if anyone knows better at something about this, It would be you." He said acknowledging the fact that the three of them were females, and his person of affection also was, as he was trying to get her to go on a date with him it sounded like.

"The Great Shaamil can remove that line then, if it strikes you all as problematic." as he said that Islwyn would give a bit of a nod to confirm she also thought it wasn't in the best taste.

"Yes of course! The Great Shaamil could speak for hours on every little thing I adore about her..She's the leader of the Hackmatack Merchants Guild for one, so she's great with money, she's also ever so beautiful..truly The Great Shaamil doesn't understand why she hasn't jumped at the opportunity to show her feelings back yet. The Great Shaamil could talk for hours on the subject of Tama, but please why doesn't The Great Shaamil just show you?"

He paused before continuing,

"The Great Shaamil takes it that you will be delievering this message after you think it is up to standard? Of course it will be reflected in your payment. Just to remind you The Great Shaamil is perfectly capable of delivering messages personally," There was a bit of a 'throat' clearing sound and pause as he looked a bit nervous briefly before speaking a bit more swiftly, "The Great Shaamil just has time which needs to be spent on business matters rather than personal.." The way he trailed off a bit. There was a suggestion there that he wanted Euthalia and her companions to deliver it because he was too nervous himself to go, but it wouldn't be very 'great' if he admitted that.

While he said this he levitated a small pendant over:
DeanSpencer-spotcol-elvenmoonamuletgreenFP.jpg

The pendant began to glow and it projected a green beam which showed a holographic like image of a particular fae in full color:

11db8d8255682dc1fd3d507d463f616b.jpg

Euthalia Apricot

Her thoughts on the slavery line were backed up, although by Keone. Then again, she'd know best how distasteful the line had been. She was surprisingly tactful, which Euthalia appreciate. Having friends that knew how to hold themselves back a bit and that cooperated well was valuable. She'd probably have to think of a way to rewards them soon. For now, however, she was still playing love doctor.

His reaction was disappointing at first, but luckily, he was quick to turn around. Although he wasn't technically correct that all three of them were females. He luckily ended up respecting their input. Truth be told, Euthalia wondered if calling himself 'The Great' was appropriate, but she figured that telling him not to do so wouldn't work. After all, it'd just be dishonest for someone like him to be writing more humbly. Euthalia figured it'd be worthless if she aided his letters to the point of those being dishonest.

That's when something perked Euthalia's interest. “The Hackmatack Merchant's Guild?” She paused a bit, then figured she'd be direct about this one. “Could it be, perhaps, that her being of another Merchant faction might be problematic to your relation? Or are you on favourable enough terms with their guild to not have to worry about such things?” There was a whole slew of bad options. In the worst case, his love could be deemed a dishonest attempt at uncovering their business.

She gave a gentle smile upon the mention of them delivering messages. “I can assure you, it will be in good hands.” Honestly, she sort-off like this more shy aspect of the small Fae. She wondered if she could somehow convey some of that to his love interest.

Euthalia looked over the Elven visage she was being shown. “I could see why you'd fall for her.” Was her first reaction, before realising that might be taken in the wrong way. She figured she'd best skip straight into the next topic. “You mentioned you haven't always seen eye to eye with her. It'll probably help us ensure that she reads and carefully considers the letter if we know a bit more about what happened. I don't mean to pry, but if she outright refused to even accept it, there's little I could do without knowing what might've occurred.”

As she was speaking, she did try to use her [Insight F] on him to figure out a bit more about his intentions. Particularly how honest he was about loving her. She didn't want to be too sceptical, but if this man was merely there to win over her heart for market gains... she figured it'd be worth trying to figure out first.

Last edited:

Keonislwyn-1.jpg

Islwyn and Keone both were rather relieved that their feedback seemed to be taken well by Shaamil, even if they did their best not to show it externally and play it cool for Euthalia's sake. They booth listened carefully, Keone having occasional slight tail movement as they idled in place.

Islwyn leaned in a bit more once again towards Euthalia, looking over the lines, checking to see how it read without the slavery line. She too paused towards the end however looking over the bit where he had signed it The Great and Powerful again. Her thoughts were similar to Euthalia that this probably wasn't the best thing to put into a letter like this, but she too understood how some Fae could be just from being one herself. You ran into all kinds who were particularly prideful of what they had accomplished or what their abilities were, as she gave a bit of a side glance towards Euthalia before looking back at the end of the letter. She too realized it might be a touchy subject to try to get the guy to reel it in however when he was so adamant of calling himself by it.
---

Keone and Islwyn seemed equally curious when Euthalia asked about the Hackmatack Merchant's Guild. That certainly added potentially problematic dynamics depending on the relationship which Shaamil described. The pair were quick to give Shaamil a reassuring look when Euthalia mentioned that the message would be in good hands too.

"Mhm, Euthalia knows more than a thing or two when it comes to getting messages places." Keone said confidently backing her up.

Islwyn also nodded, "Your instinct was right on the money, Euthalia's a great catch for this sort of work~" She further reaffirmed the positivity. Islwyn examined the image shown to them more carefully as she heard Euthalia say that..so was this the sort of look Euthalia liked? She thought to herself, unable to help but to ponder,Tama was pretty of course...it would only be natural.

---

Shaamil "The Great"
1033210300.png

Shaamil didn'r immediately address the first part of Euthalia's questioning, instead jumping to the second.
Shaamil didn't seem to be bothered by anything that had been said so far, instead he sounded decently pleased at their conclusion. "Of course would you expect anything less than impecable from The Great Shaamil? Of course The Great Shaamil made the best possible choice, The Great Shaamil would not have hired you if the Great Shaamil did not believe that you were something special messenger of the See." Even so he seemed relieved to be reaffirmed that they would take care of the letter for him.

He then went back to the direction question.
"Oh no, no problem at all just business! The Great Shaamil has nothing to worry about." He spoke over confidently once again. "Just some rough patches here and there, misunderstandings nothing The Great Shaamil cannot handle with your help!" He reaffirmed not exactly forth coming about what had potentially gone wrong.

"Of course Tama has an understanding that business does not always go in your favor all the time." The fact of the matter was that their guilds weren't exactly on favorable terms, the way Shaamil spoke so casually suggested there was some form of downplaying at hand, he wasn't exactly expertly hiding that much.

Shaamil perked up a bit upon hearing Euthalia compliment Tama. Thankfully he didn't take in a way where he thought Euthalia was intending on challenging him for her hand, but instead once again in a typical 'great' Shaamil, looked proud once again, standing up a bit straighter, sounding proud again.

"Of course The Great Shaamil is only interested in the best, Tama is by far one of the best The Great Shaamil could describe libraries worth of information as to why Tama is the one Shaamil wishes to romance."

However as much as Shaamil wanted to downplay what had been going on, the next question was a bit difficult for him to downplay. In addition there had been a skeptical look from Keone which was hard to ignore, thrown his way.

Shaamil would then let out a bit of a sigh.
"I suppose you are right.." He said sounding a bit less proud.

"The Great Shaamil realizes it might be better if The Great Shaamil explains why there is very small chance of problem."

"The Hackmatack Merchant Guild does not appreciate how successful The Great Shaamil has been in this area with The Faazi Merchant Guild, The Great Shaamil's success has cut into their profits..and The Great Shaamil...is concerned that..dearest Tama.."
He said pausing for a moment like it was hard for him to get the words out.

"She might think that The Great Shaamil is too successful and is simply out of her league.." He said in an almost pained way.

"But...but! The Great Shaamil knows that Tama is more than equipped to go out with The Great Shaamil! Tama is very bright, and kind, and caring, Tama runs a very successful Guild too even if sometimes competition arrises."

Indeed it seemed that Shaamil was probably missing the mark in some places, but was also revealing more information to Euthalia and her companions which could be useful. Euthalia's use of Insight F atuned her to the fact that based off of his body language and mannerisms, and speech patterns, that other than trying to downplay the initial question, he overall seemed genuiely conflicted and interested in a real relationship even if some of his beliefs seemed dubious in accuracy.

Euthalia Apricot

Truth be told... Euthalia was already getting fed up with 'The Great Shaamil' speaking in third person and using that full title each and every time. She was silently debating if there'd be a way to state so in a tactical manner. She doubted that telling him how it made him seem like a mixture of pompous prick and insecure chibi was going to do anyone any good. Considering she couldn't come up with a good way to address it, she let it go for now.

She didn't like how he addressed potential issue about what might've gone wrong. There was clearly more to it. When he mentioned the 'understanding' of Tama, she figured she'd try to pry loose a little more information. The latter arrived when he mentioned their companies being at odds. However, his conclusion was... probably wrong, right? She'd try to ask about it in the most politically careful manner she could possibly come up with. “Might there perhaps be a chance that some particular business happenings between your guilds might keep her too occupied to notice the honesty in your attempts to charm her?” (Using [To Lead and Inspire!] to try and help get him to talk a bit more.)

At least he seemed sincere in his attempts to charm her. If he was dishonest, she'd have walked out on him in a heartbeat. And might've tried to charm that girl herself.

To Lead and Inspire! – Connection E (The See), Insight F, Leadership F, Persuasion F – character uses the love for their nation and their connection to it to inspire those around them to aid their cause. - Grade E – 1 Post Cooldown

Keonislwyn-1.jpg
Keone couldn't help but roll her eye by the point that the Great Shaamil continued to use the full title throughout even by this point not only that he attributed the reason she might be too nervous to accept was because of how successful he was, this was exactly the personality type she had been expecting to encounter in a place like this with very wealthy fae who had too much time on their hands to get an inflated sense of importance.

Islwyn tried her best to keep up looking warm and encouraging on the exterior, even as Shaamil spoke in ways that just didn't entirely make sense as a cohesive narrative. Perhaps from his perspective he truly believed what he was saying was accurate but nevertheless. Her eyes went back to the scroll once again, it was much better.

When there seemed to be an opening in the conversation Islwyn chimed in, "Say Shaamil, I think that if what you are saying is true and Tama feels intimidated by your success then she probably already knows that you're great and powerful, we all know it too, I think that you could reduce this redundancy in the last lines of your letter, as the two last lines both contain great, why don't we remove the latter great and powerful in your signature and perhaps it'll help put Tama more at ease and open to the idea of going out on a date with you~" Islwyn reasoned out to him using his own logic, tapping into her Charm ability with the way that she praised him, trying to make him more agreeable in a non-confrontational way.

Shaamil "The Great"
1033210300.png
Shaamil looked back at Islwyn, it seemed the topic of the scroll was more desirable to him then having to dive deeper into telling Euthalia about what was going on, regardless he looked at Islwyn skeptically lowering his spectacles before continuing,

"But The Great Shaamil is Great is The Great Shaamil not? Should The Great Shaamil not tell the world of The Great Shaamil's accomplishments which took many years?" He then paused for a moment as if he was thinking once more.

"But you do bring a good point, The Great Shaamil does not want Tama to feel intimidated, and removing the great and powerful might make her feel like The Great Shaamil is more...approachable, The Great Shaamil supposes The Great Shaamil can allow it but only for Tama would The Great Shaamil even consider this modification to a genuine signature." Shaamil concluded.

While this did not solve the issue of him coming off as insecure in his self referral, it did at least make the letter look more about Tama.

Shaamil then turned to Euthalia to address her question, which he had intentionally waited to answer after replying to Islwyn. He let out a bit of a reluctant sigh, but ultimately he talked more,
"Well..Yes The Great Shaamil supposes you could say that, as The Great Shaamil said, The Great Shaamil is so great and successful because The Great Shaamil knows how to run a commercial empire, Rykes talk in many places you go and The Great Shaamil has acquired many. Well Maybe Tama does not always appreciate some of Shaamil's..customer acquisition methods as efficient and masterful as they are, maybe dear Tama say once or twice something about not always liking when Faazi Merchant guild lizards near her store fronts, or when Faazi Merchant guild members go near hers when they trying to work , but all Tama need understand that if Tama wants to go out and pursue long relationship with The Great Shaamil all that will be The Great Shaamil's will be Tama's too!" Shaamil justified., Looking at Euthalia sounding genuine enough this time in what he had to say.

Euthalia Apricot

It was tough to stay silent when Islwyn managed to find the perfect opportunity to get Shaamil to tone down the self-praising lines. Then again, saying 'well done' wasn't going to be subtle, so she just pulled up a poker face and nodded in agreement. That poker face really had to last with effort, as the Great Shaamil really hammered that title on like a mad-man in response. “I'm sure she'll be able to greatly appreciate it.” She responded to his allowance of toning it down. Truth be told, it was a good sign. In general, if this self-obsessed Fae was willing to tone down his self-praise for Tama, it was a good sign that he genuinely loved her, which she might be able to pick up on.

As for the problems between them, she barely suppressed a sigh. “No offence, sir, but I believe that might mislead her into thinking you're pressuring her into a relationship due to harming her business.” She figured she'd be direct about it. “Of course, I'll do what I can to ascertain whether this is true or not upon meeting her and I'll try to see if her perception of you might be changed if it is. However, theoretically speaking about this worst possible scenario that we might encounter, what would we be allowed to say on your behalf, should she accuse you of attempting to purposefully harm her business and then trying to use it to force her into dating her?” She had a feeling things might go exactly in that type of direction, so she figured I'd be easier to confront Shaamil now rather than later. She attempted to use [To Lead and Inspire!] to get him more cooperative.

To Lead and Inspire! – Connection F (The See), Insight F, Leadership F, Persuasion F – character uses the love for their nation and their connection to it to inspire those around them to aid their cause. - Grade F – 0 Post Cooldown

Keonislwyn-1-1.jpg
Islwyn smiled and was internally relieved when Shaamil was receptive to their feedback once more. Maybe this Shaamil guy was salvageable after all, there were enough fae like him, perhaps not typically this extreme but nevertheless, it was a trait which she had seen prospective romantic partners not be bothered with before, so maybe if they did their best they'd get the best possible results for Euthalia. Islwyn shifted a bit in a contrapposto towards the left side now in the way she stood. Islwyn nodded in confirmation at what Euthalia said intially in response to her suggestion.

Keone on the other hand was a bit surprised but tried her best not to show it, She had always just assumed that these sorts of guys just wouldn't change, so hearing him say that much caused her to have a similar reaction to the one that Euthalia had, which was a bit more hope. She did still have a healthy amount of skepticism that this was going to go well, but all the trio could do was try to navigate this situation to the best of their ability, Keone's face changing to a more neutral less serious one, her tail shifting a bit more in place, as her body language became a bit less guarded, as time went on.
---

Shaamil "The Great"

1033210300.png
Euthalia's ability seemed to get Shaamil talking once more even as he had become more hesitant with the sorts of questions she was asking since they didn't seem to go along with the image that he had wanting to portray.

Shaamil looked over his spectacles curiously when she said no offense sir. The lizardmen on either side of him also seemed to shift a bit looking towards him with a bit of a side eye a tinge nervously as if they were waiting to see what his reaction was to what she said next. Instead of getting offended which one might assume would be easy for someone like Shaamil who held himself so highly, he yet again thought through what he thought he wanted to say in response.

"What is good for The Great Shaamil's business is not always what is best for dear Tama's business." He said matter of fact. "With that said The Great Shaamil does understand that Tama could interpret some of The Great Shaamil's businesses practices in that way, even if The Great Shaamil meant no harm in that way." Shaamil continued.

"While the Great Shaamil believes that it is unnecessary for The Great Shaamil to stop these businesses practices at all, if it would mean Tama is more open to giving The Great Shaamil her time of day for a romanitc outting, then The Great Shaamil considers this to be a fair trade. You may tell her that The Great Shaamil means no harm and that The Great Shaamil was just doing what was best for the Faazi Merchant company's success and that it had no baring on trying to get her to do what The Great Shaamil wants." True or not that is what Shaamil had to say on the matter.

Shaamil stood up a bit straighter, before he spoke once again. "Of course the Great Shaamil is open to..you saying things which you deem to be in The Great Shaamil's favor to her.." Open to more flexabiliy in what the Trio could say based on that.

Euthalia Apricot

Euthalia nodded. She felt like she had a good enough grasp on Shaamil and on his side of the story now, including on how much she'd be able to say on his behalf. “Thank you, I'll do what I can to convey these feelings you have for Tamarack, so that she'll read your letter with an open mind.” She suddenly realised she'd never been granted an address. “One last thing, where might we find her this time of day?” She assumed he'd know, based on what he'd been saying thus far. She would, however, refuse being shown the way by one of his Lizard-men, rather wanting to approach Tamarack without being seen in the presence of someone related to the Faazi Merchant guild.

She also just wanted to talk some things with Keone and Islwyn. Which she'd do once they were far enough out of hearing range. “I'd like to compare our impressions of him, to see if we've all noticed roughly the same things or if one of us noticed something the others didn't.” She figured she'd start off with her own impression. “I believe he is honest in his love for her, but that he's too used to business practices to know how to charm a woman and that he tends to have his business practises applied to his attempts to charm her. The latter shows in him considering a romantic outing for dropping certain business practices as a trade-off. It's clear he loves her, but equally clear he doesn't have the slightest clue how to show it and instead tried to make it like a business deal, just so that he can convince himself into having a better grasp on the situation.”

The latter might prove problematic. “We'd have to convince Tamarack those feelings are true, even though he's severely lacking in his ability to show them. That might be challenging. We'd have to be especially careful to make his offers sound less like black-mail and more like a heartfelt gesture to show his love for her.”

Shaamil "The Great"
1033210300-1.png
"Thank you The Great Shaamil has faith that you will convey to dear Tama the way that The Great Shaamil feels well." Shaamil then gently levitated over the scroll from Euthalia, and he placed his hand over it and after another orangey hue enveloped it, where suddenly the text had rearranged itself on the page, removing what they had found to be problematic originally just like that, the scroll turned itself to face them before it automatically rerolled itself and the seal of the Faazi Merchant Guild was imprinted onto it. Shaamil then levitated it back over for Euhtalia to presumably take.

"Much better. Now then oh yes! The Great Shaamil almost forgot, you should take this too, this will guide you to where dear Tama is." Shaamil then gently floated over towards Euthalia what appeared to be some sort of expensive trinket that could be worn on a wrist. It had some slight heft to it. A small turquoise arrow appeared just above the gem as it started acting like a compass, a color void image of Tama's face then appeared on the gem itself. He then floated back the other pendant which he had presented originally and put it back on the shelf where he had gotten it from originally.

"The arrow will point where dear Tama is, move and it will adjust, thankfully she is not too far from here." The Great Shaamil continued. "Your payment will be ready when you return with a written response for The Great Shaamil from Tama, as it seems we have reached agreeable terms, The Great Shaamil wishes you a safe journey and and shall be waiting here for your return." He concluded, presuming those were the two things Euthalia needed and the trio was done talking to him Shaamil looked back down to his desk, and focused back on what his prior work had been.
Screenshot 2023-03-17 at 10.10.30 PM.png
---
Keonislwyn-1-1.jpg
The nearest place for the trio to get out of range of hearing was just outside the Faazi Merchant Guild building, since it was probably better not to talk near the lizard men they'd find themselves a distance away similar to when they were first sussing out the guild building. The arrow on the directional relic they had been given pointed toward the general direction of the center of the market area from where they stood.

Islwyn was the first to respond to Euthalia's rather important discussion topic. "I got a similar impression as you did Euthalia. I didn't sense any deceit when he said that he loves her, but he does seem to have a difficult time expressing himself outside of what he's comfortable with, as you pointed out; business."

"I think it might be harder to sell a guy like that to most gals the only real thing he got going in the look departments is a cuteness factor to some but even that seems niche and I know just on the fact that he's so self focused he's just asking for trouble, I mean we all know the types that can hang out around these types of places but even that was an extreme, he couldn't catch the hint that maybe if he's dropping it from the letter he should stop referring to himself the way he was, hopefully he'll at least cut that back some if she accepts his offer."

Keone then piped up, "Look I'll reiterate, this whole lovey dovey stuff really isn't really my thing, but we definitely need to show that..even if I was a a hair away from squeezing the life out of him just so that I didn't have to hear "The Great Shaamil" one more time, I think the little guy really is trying his best with what he got, even if what he got isn't so romantically hot."

Islwyn nodded, "That's right, I'd presume that Tama must at least talk to Shaamil on some basis considering their status's in guilds next to one another, we can probably highlight the changes he's tried to make already in the letter, as she will no doubt notice that he didn't sign it The Great and Powerful, and she'll be tuned to picking up on any meaningful change we mention that seems different to how he usually acts, we should definitely empathize these facts to try to dispel the possible notion she might hold that he's trying to leverage what he wants out of her."
---
After the conversation reached it's course the trio followed the arrow through the market center, which was sizable. Thankfully the merchant from before wasn't showing up demanding that they go out and drink with him, The amount of space for the merchant activity was quite sizable. Every now and again they were approached by people from various parts of the realm wanting to sell them goods or wanting them to come and take a look. Indeed they had to go even farther out until reaching a forest side path which led a bit aways from the market center. The vegetation became a bit more dense, and the sounds of nature became more pronounced as the urban sounds of the market became softer in the distance.

Eventually the arrow guide was now pointing towards one building in particular. What was peculiar about the building was that there didn't seem to be any clear indicators on the exterior that it was the Hackmatack Merchant Guild building nor was there anyone in clear sight to ask, but according to what Shaamil gave them this was where Tama was currently. At the very least this building was not using magically preserved mushrooms, but instead had incorporated the dwelling into the tree, and from the looks of things the tree was doing quite well.
Unknown Building
360_F_539987075_aHICNjBtvS0BOiVd3oKpAFOq1mo154yd.jpg

Euthalia Apricot

A few new concerns were added to her list upon leaving Shaamil's office. For one, him branding the Faazi Merchant Guild seal on his letter. That wouldn't exactly make it any easier to hand it over... Secondarily, the trinket he gave was something that made him seem like an insane stalker. She almost doubted if she should still subject Tamarack to this person. Almost. Not entirely. After all, he did seem sincere in his own slightly creepy manners and she could use whatever connections fulfilling this request might give her.

Even so, not that they were in relative privacy, she did wish to raise that concern. “Is it just me, or is it somewhat worrying that he has a trinket keeping track of her position? I know I'd personally feel uncomfortable knowing that someone was using such a thing on me.” On that note. “Keone, you should hold onto it. I trust you'll be able to keep it hidden from her, should the need arise.” She knew her companion had deft enough hands to pocket and/or hide it.

That left her to discuss what Islwyn said about Shaamil. At least she wasn't the only one who thought he sounded honest. Oddly enough, Keone summarised the situation the best. “Indeed, the least we can try is to see if we can get Tamarack to give him an honest chance.” What would happen afterwards would be beyond the scope of their assignment. She nodded at Islwyn's suggestions. “Those are some good points.”

She felt relatively confident, having extracted a fair deal of information from Shaamil and having discussed things amongst one another. Honestly, Euthalia loved this place. A lot. It reminded her of some of the groves she grew up in, if it wasn't for the building within tree. Even so, the tree seemed to be doing great, despite the housing. It was an amazing piece of harmony between nature and architecture, one she could appreciate. “This would be a great place to own some property...” She mumbled, wondering how long it'd take for her to have enough finances to start buying property again.

That said, there was one issue. “I think we might not be pointed towards her guild, but towards her private residence instead...” That was awkward. How'd they explain how they found her here? If this seven was her private residence and not that of someone she was visiting. Or worse, perhaps she was already hooking up with someone and this was the house of her current lover. That'd pretty much ruin their job before it'd good and well started. What to do now? Sent out Keone to sneak around and investigate? Sent in Islwyn with an excuse to charm her way into figuring out what's up? Go in herself and try to bluff her way out of whatever situation she'd get herself into?

It was a tough choice. “Well, I guess it might be best to knock on the door and ask if we can find Tamarack here.” She decided. Things had gone fairly well thus far, so it might be best not to overthink it. “If it turns out we weren't supposed to know that, we can say we just got lucky, which wouldn't be far from the truth, due to having been given that trinket as a stroke of luck. Sort-off.” She wasn't sure if she bought her own excuse, but no risk no gain, right?

She ended up heading to the door herself, knocking on it thrice. Hoping for the best. Starting to fear the worst more and more with every second she'd stand waiting.

Place: Southern See, Outskirts of Wmgroth Center, Unknown Building

Keonislwyn-1-1-1.jpg
When Euthalia mentioned that it was off putting that he was using such a device, Islwyn nodded, "I personally, wouldn't be thrilled if I found out someone was using it on me, but it's hard to say without knowing more about how he usually uses it. He might use it to be a weirdo or he might just use it as a practical way to direct people who deliver his messages to business associates. At the end of the day though It's not a great look for him especially in this romantic context."

Keone looked at the object a look falling upon her face again, it was almost one of distaste, even so she took it and held onto it so that they could follow the arrow. Indeed she'd be the one best suited to hold onto it whilist keeping it hidden given her skill set. "Gotcha, I've seen slavers and even some slave owners use these type of things on people, not a fan." She said as to the point as possible, It was clearly not bringing up the best memories for her, so her desire to give her opinion on it much farther than that was limited.

Unknown Building
360_F_539987075_aHICNjBtvS0BOiVd3oKpAFOq1mo154yd-1.jpg
"It does feel the best of both worlds in a way, you get to get some peace, quiet, and privacy at home, meanwhile you aren't that far away from where all the fun's to be had." Islwyn chimed in, smiling warmly, looking at Euthalia after Euthalia's positive comment regarding this nature housing combo. In that way it sort of reminded her of what things used to be before the Empire came and destroyed everything she had held dear at that time. She used to spend all those days frolicking about with her friends, throwing and partaking in parties, drinking, sleeping around with those who struck her as likable and attractive, not a care in the world, and then when all the fun was over, there were peaceful places like this to retreat too... She did refocus however from the feeling of nostalgia...As long as Euthalia was with her things would be okay.

Islwyn was having similar anxieties about the situation that Euthalia was, as there were a many scenarios where this was not going to look great on their end of things, regardless of whose residence it was.

"As someone whose cased these types of places plenty, things sure are looking that way." Keone replied to Euthalia's observation, before saying something under her breath in Beastial, which didn't sound terribly positive on intonation alone.

Upon hearing that Euthalia was going to take the normal walk up and knock approach it sounded like, Keone promptly pocketed the tracking item on her person. like she might if she had just pickpocketed someone passing by on the street.

With a back up plan excuse at the ready if they were received poorly initially, the pair followed Euthalia as she made her way up to the door, Keone taking the left, while Islwyn took the right side, once again both trying their best to appear presentable much like they had for Shaamil the first round through, all waiting with baited breath after the knocks went through.

---

After a period of time with a pause, suddenly the door knob turned gradually and it opened revealing a familiar face, who was wearing the same outift she had been depicted in in the visuals they had been provided.

"Tama" Tamarack
Her face shifted into a warm smile, looking up at Euthalia, who towered over her inquisitively, before looking over towards Islwyn and then Keone. "Well Well then, why do I have the pleasure of having such a pretty Slyvari and two equally lovely looking ladies visit my dwelling at this time of day? If it's wares you are after I'm afraid that you'd have better luck at the guild building, I try to keep items for business to a minimum here." She automatically assumed they knew who she was and were here on business, perhaps people came to her home more often than they had thought.

As socially questionable as Shaamil had been and short, Tama was being quite sociable, perhaps not exactly the most appropriate for business in her tone, the beginning was decidedly suggestive and flirty, unlike Shaamil's observation which had been more matter of fact.

Euthalia Apricot

Islwyn brought up a good point, but considering Shaamil's slightly obsessive seeming nature, Euthalia doubted he would merely use it for messages. Then again, she'd better give her employer the benefit of doubt and assume he didn't abuse it. She did feel a little guilt after learning Keone had seen these things in a much more horrible context and was now asked to keep hold of it. Euthalia made a note to add 'buy Keone a nice trinket' to her list, besides 'buy Iswlyn some drinks' of things to do should they wrap up their job here.

Honestly, Euthalia was surprised when Tamarack was exactly like they'd seen on what Shaamil had provided them with, almost to a creepy degree. That really made it ever the slightest bit more creepy. Were they aiding a stalker here? To make matters worse, Tamarack seemed to be a genuinely nice person. The fact that she didn't seem to distinguish between Islwyn and Keone seemed to back that up all the more. Either that, or she was amazing at faking it. Euthalia really needed to remind herself to stay focussed and to be professional about it all. That didn't mean she was looking forwards to whatever reaction they might receive after stating their business here.

Even so, she'd phrase her words as carefully as possible. “Good afternoon, miss Tamarack, I presume?” She already knew that, but figured it was best to still ask for proper etiquette alone. Also to not seem too stalker-ish. “My name is Euthalia Apricot, these are Iswlyn Meadhra and Keone Nagendra. We were asked to deliver a message.” Well, this was probably where things would suddenly take a turn for the worst, wasn't it? She was expecting Tamarack's mood to potentially sour, so she figured she'd best try to get some words in to maybe soften the blow.

“I'm aware that the sender and you might not have a particularly positive relation at the moment, but I was able to distinguish both sincerity and willingness to change when I questioned him about this assignment, so I would humbly ask that you read this without prior judgement.” She said, as she finally took out the letter and (attempted to) hand it over, hoping that those words (backed up with some convince power from To Lead and Inspire!) would at least be enough to get Tamarack to accept it, but fearing it might not be.

To Lead and Inspire! – Connect E (The See), Insight F, Leadership F, Persuasion F – character uses the love for their nation and their connection to it to inspire those around them to aid their cause. - Grade E – 1 Post Cooldown

Time: Afternoon

Place: Southern See, Outskirts of Wmgroth Center, Tama's Residence

Tama's Residence
360_F_539987075_aHICNjBtvS0BOiVd3oKpAFOq1mo154yd-1-1.jpg

"Tama" Tamarack

Tama's warm somewhat flirty look died down some, instead a more plain soft smile taking it's place as she looked up at Euthalia who spoke to her now. "mhm." She confirmed when Euthalia asked who she was, this signaling that the trio must be there on business, which was fine enough, it usually was business when people showed up at her abhoad like this.

"I see, nice to meet you Euthalia, Islwyn and Keone." she continued with her friendly tone. It was certainly different from Shaamil, Tama went out of her way to acknowledge all of them, looking over at inquisitively when she heard the word message. Her face started to look a bit more skeptical as Euthalia said more and that it was someone who she didn't get along with, as a bit of a sigh was elicited from her at that point, particularly when Euthalia procured the letter, and she saw whose seal was on it.

"What do they want now?" She said under her breath in the Fae tongue. "I see, and here I thought you might be bringing better news, but on the other hand it's not too often I hear sincerity and willingness to change when it's a letter from the Faazi merchant Guild of all things, so I suppose I'll take a look if nothing but out of curiosity." She replied. Euthalia's ability aiding in this process of acceptance, the way Tama mentioned it sounded like normally she might have even ignored the letter had it not been for Euthalia. Despite this it didn't seem like she was yet under the specific impression that the person who she was receiving the message from was Shaamil himself. Perhaps any number of Faazi Merchant Guild people could have issue with her.

Tamarak removed the seal rather effortlessly and unrolled the scroll. As she began to read the look on her face changed to one of surprise no doubt at the opening line, her brows furrowing a bit, as she started to read through meticulously, a look of focus on her face.
---

Keonislwyn-1-1-1.jpg

Keone and Islwyn had given quiet respectful acknowledgments at the nice to meet yous they had received.

While the reading was transpiring Islwyn and Keone equally waited with anticipation at what the reaction would be.

Both of them hoped that what they had done would be enough to get Euthalia a positive result.

Many questions went through Islwyn's mind in particular, had she modified the letter to the best of her ability? It didn't help that Shaamil was such a hard sell it looked like judging him on a outward appearance and personality. It wasn't like the guy exactly had traditional attractive qualities, but with Fae tastes could vary greatly with the diversity of appearances so perhaps that wasn't as large an issue as one might assume. She shifted back into contrapossto on the other side

Keone on the other hand, felt concerned because this was very much out of her comfort zone. She wasn't someone who spent a lot of time getting close to new people, never mind trying to make romantic gestures, A great deal of her life had been filled with hardship, and it was only in more recent times spending time with Euthalia that she was finally getting a sense of normalcy and safety that could let her slowly put down her walls to newcomers, she also truly hoped that what she had managed would assist in their success, shifting her tail around a bit nervously.

---
"Tama" Tamarack

By the time Tamarack got to the end, a bit of a smile fell upon her face, which then transitioned into her starting to giggle some, it seemed that she was restraining herself from making further sounds of amusement, as she eventually settled down. "Well I certainly wasn't expecting this of all things..Shaamil really? If I didn't know his handwriting so well, I wouldn't have believed he wrote this since he didn't sign it the way he usually does, really, how much did you have to pay him to change that?"

"After sending his mercenaries around so freely around where the Hackmatack merchant guild operates knowing full well it's to intimidate customers in staying away so that they keep shopping at his more welcoming sites..not that his efforts have been as successful as he would have liked I'm sure, after all we have ways of dealing with it..." "But he really does have the audacity doesn't he? "It really shouldn't surprise me after all this is 'The Great' Shaamil we're talking about..just the same the fact that he didn't sign normally is..intriguing, and I suppose he's sort of..well cute."
She replied, speaking out loud as if she was in thought.

Surprisingly it didn't sound like Tamarack was offended, rather she was humored at the very notion it sounded like.

"But even so with everything said, why should I give him, of all people a date? She asked looking at Euthalia skeptically.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back