• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Graded [Dawn Island Fort] Guidance of Grace

LadyOfStars

Tu'er Shen the Rabbit God
Hello! This rp takes place in the Isekai Hell universe and if you would like to know more, click here

This rp will follow Linneus Light as he seeks comfort in his faith while he struggles with his current circumstances.

c29746601e6aaac9499f81f8e38a1825.jpg

Setting:
Weather: Fair, windy
Time of Day: 11am

On the Amity river, nestled between the city of Osun and the town of Highgrove there is an old fort. It sits upon a small island which also plays host to a modest port. Once upon a time the fort was used to survey the lands that bordered the Fae territory. Ships would come and go from its port to deliver goods to the soldiers stationed there. The port also permitted citizenry to dock whenever the weather was bad, but many decades ago the fort was abandoned. Ryke's long standing peace and the negligence of the previous land owner saw that the fort fell into a state of disarray. It wasn't until Linneus became baron that the fort would again get the attention it deserved.

Under the Count's order, the fort would be repaired, but the costs to effectively do so would be too high and so the structure was repurposed. In the hopes of bringing hope to his people in any form possible, Linneus transformed the fort into a place of worship for the sun deity Leilosis. It was a faith he and his family followed and in times like these he needed the help of a higher power. His ship docked at the base of the fort and the Count emerged from the lower decks to marvel at the splendor of the once symbol of war turned symbol of peace. a ramp stretched down from the boat to the dock and Linneus descended to be greeted by the head monk. 1665380064543.png

"Welcome, Count Light." The woman bowed her head and Linneus did the same in kind. "We have just hung the last of the mirrors and with that, the temple is complete." There was a big smile upon her face and the same pride echoed within Linneus as the two made their approach to the temple. Upon entering the temple, sunlight would bathe all who crossed the threshold as the mirrors bounced the light around from the ceiling to the ground. The temple's interior was cooler than the outside, but the golden glow from the sun made the interior feel warm and welcoming. Linneus was greeted by lowered heads and his immediate reaction was disapproval. "Under Leilosis' gaze we are all the same! There needn't be any societal formalities here!" He quickly announced to all present. The temple was not some famous tourist attraction, but it was open to any passersby and every curious minds.

"May I ask, Lord Light, what brings you to us? We have heard of the trouble in the east and prayed daily for the safety of the realm." The woman looked to Linneus with worry now darkening her once jovial features. "I think that it is time that I did some praying of my own." Linneus confessed softly. The monk's eyes shot open and she quickly nodded her head. "Wait here, my lord." She insisted before she rushed off.

Linneus let out a heavy sigh and he looked around at the people who had come to this place. Whether they were here to pray or just to seek shelter from the elements, he was glad that they found their way here safely. Suddenly a loud clanking noise drew everyone's attention to the entrance as Linneu's soldiers entered the building but dropped their helmets clattering to the ground. The Count smiled bashfully as the soldiers fumbled to get their things together. He turned away from them and started to wander through the building, now getting to see the finished product. Although the building had been repurposed it could still be seen that this was once a fortress. Many rooms littered the hallways for sleeping and for storage, but the most magnificent was the room which had once been used for training.

1665380917199.png He walked in to see the marvel that had been assembled in the room. "Incredible." He whispered while gazing up at the device that stood proud in the center of the room.

"What is it, Count Light?" One of the soldiers asked as they followed him to the room.

"it is an orrery." The head monk interjected. "We were able to procure it from one of the older temples that was falling apart. They were all too happy to donate it to you, Lord Light." She went on to explain.

"To the people." Linneus corrected. He reached out and ran his hand along the golden finish of the machine and smiled as he thought about the years this thing must have served as a reminder of the greater world. "I'm sorry I could not stand still. I was too curious." He explained. The monk shook her head and chuckled softly.

"Your money afforded us to make this place a reality, you are entitled to look around as you wish." She gestured for the man to follow her and the two journeyed deeper and higher up into the tower. It became quieter and warmer and they climbed the stairs, passing behind mirrors and decorations.

"We have prepared a private room for you, my lord. You may see yourself as being one of the people, but this is still a public place and you put yourself in great danger to keep it that way." They came to a room on the third floor where two wooden doors pushed open to reveal a room with large cutouts in the walls in lieu of windows. The air coming in from the river and the sunlight drenching the room in gold made the room seem like it was somewhere else other than a fort. "I will leave you to it, Lord LIght."

Linneus entered the room as the doors closed behind him and he removed his coat and shoes. His toes pressed down against the cold stone as he made his way to the windows an d let the breeze dance through his short locks. For a moment he could forget all that was going on outside these walls, but that would be denying his purpose and his goals.

1665383235890.png"Please, hear my prayers." Linneus called softly to his god as he knelt down before the window and lowered his head. He clasped his hands together and placed them in his lap. "I have taken on the burden of leadership and..." He swallowed his pride. "...I am not fit for the role." It stung to admit, but even he could not deny that he'd struggled to do his job. "I thought that I would be better than those nobles before me who let greed and self-interest guide them. But I have struggled to maintain the trust of my people despite trying to act only for them and their safety and happiness." Tears welled in the young count's eyes and he opened them to let the tears fall. Droplets splashing on his hands that squeezed one another.

"I only want to protect those who would otherwise be victims under corrupt leaders, but everywhere I turn I am faced with opposition and my short comings are thrown in my face." His cheek pressed to his shoulder as smeared the tears across his face in an attempt to wipe them away.

"I have seen demons and goblins routed from the realm, have I not done enough? Have my...your people not earned even the briefest respite?" Linneus turned his gaze upward to the blue sky. The light refracted through his tears and into his eyes as he watched the sun. "The territories of Throne are facing...a crisis to which I cannot confidently say I am the answer to."

On the lower levels of the temple, the prayers continued in an attempt to bolster Linneus' own. The monks wanted to make sure that the sun god was listening and that Linneus' words would be heard. But there were some minds who did not understand the sun god. "I did not know that the Count was a religious man." One of the knights sad to the head monk as the two wandered around the temple. "Lord Light has said to me that he does not wish to force faith upon the people, especially not his own. Hence why he rebuilt this fort outside any city rather than placing it somewhere it would have a high influence on the people like in a city." The soldier nodded his head in understanding, but had more questions still.

"I never knew a god to require mirrors in their temple. What's that about?" He inquired.

The monk smiled and shook her head. "Leilosis is the god of the sun and so with use mirrors to invite sunlight into the darkest places within the temple. Whenever we celebrate him we throw a big festival in the day time with decorations and hymns, and we adorn or furniture and clothes with his likeness. The sun." She stopped a moment and gestured out to the bright orb that hung over them in the sky. "Lord Light must be in serious trouble if he has come here. I fear his position is starting to take its toll on him."

The two looked at one another and shared a scared stare before a bell tolled at the top of the temple. "Ah, that is the evening bell. They'll be preparing to light the fire soon." This caught the soldier's attention and he looked up the stairwell to the top of the temple. "The fire?" He repeated.

The monk nodded her head. "Every temple of Leilosis builds a pyre atop the temple and every day when the sun sets, the fire is lit to stave off the darkness and all that lurk in its shadows."

As the bell tolled twice and then thrice, Linneus sobbed in silence. Wailing from his broken heart and lamenting his choices. "I let my fantasies and ideas lead me here, as if I knew anything of leading people...or ensuring heir continuity." He hickuped and choked on his words while fighting back his tears. "Please...all that I ask is that you save my people. Put an end to their troubles so that they may again know the peace they had before I forced my way into their lives." He paused and let air back into his lungs, breathing and trying to steady himself.

"Show me how to save us."

Several hours had passed and the fire burned bright atop the temple, illuminating the surrounding area. Linneus emerged from the room finally, carrying his shoes and jacket in hand. Tear stains marred his face, but he wore a false smile in the hopes of easing the hearts of those around him. "Something smells good." He declared as he entered the mess hall to find that everyone was gathered around the table to eat dinner. A seat had been saved for him beside the head monk and he made himself comfortable.

"How do you feel, my lord?" She asked as she piled some rolls and potatoes on to his plate.

Linneus didn't know what to say. He sat in silence for a brief moment and watched the food be pushed on to his plate for him. He'd cried and pleaded with the sun for an answer, for a hint at what to do, but he was no more certain of his path than he was when he disembarked earlier. "The sun will guide us through this darkness, I am certain of that." Everyone nodded their heads, agreeing with all their hearts. Linneus smiled and picked up his fork and knife. "Now, let's eat."

Novama Novama

Isekai Hell RP Grade

Imma be honest, I am too tired to read all that, but I imagine it's a really good read, Luna. You make some really great writings!

Lineuss - 1 Point

Users who are viewing this thread

Back