• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Graded [Osun City] Forging for Tails

23C94A27-03D9-4108-9B47-EABE822907F3.png

CECD0184-8C25-4FBF-8771-BB0EADFCD1E6.jpeg
Maria Kemple
Interaction: Elvario Elvario | RavenSong RavenSong
Mention: conman2163 conman2163 | Orikanyo Orikanyo

When Regula asked Maria where she was from; this poor mermaid said it without knowing about the consequences. “Oh. I am from Ryken’s river, and the underwater world differs from how the surface world works. Jobs don’t exist, because who has the time to do that when a predator might kill you. I live in an underwater village, and the rules we have are very simple to understand. Like don’t kill each other or the land folks unless it is for a survival need where you are starving from a lack of food. Us mermaids don’t run into that problem though, because we are omnivores.”
The conversation continued with Regula explaining what jobs are, and it caused Maria to smile when they had something similar to what her people do. “I didn’t know you land folks have a trading system like us, but then again. It explains why I keep seeing the weird floating thing that has a bunch of stuff on it within the rivers.”

Once Maria said that, she then listened to Regula talk about the criminal thing. “Yeah about that. The underwater world is very weird when it comes to their rules. We have to deal with the clumsy land folks, who keep dropping a bunch of weird stuff into the water. Losing an item like that without having a way to get it back doesn’t give us aquatic beasts a criminal title, but some of us are nice enough to return it back to the owner. Especially if the owner cries over their precious lost item. There is also a sea exception for stealing stuff on land, but most of us try not to do that for a good reason. We don’t want to deal with an angry land folk, who doesn’t understand the sea exception for stealing.”
Maria didn’t mind telling them about how the underwater world works.

Her face was neutral upon hearing Regula’s desire to learn more about her, since this revelation didn’t surprise her. “I guess it makes sense. It’s not everyday you get to see a beautiful mermaid like me on land, because we try to hide it from you land folks by using our transformation skill.”
Maria continued with what she has to say towards Regula. “With that said, you might be wondering what a Shallow Water Mermaid is. They are just a bunch of mermaids, who like the warmth of the sun, and won't go to the dangerous deep parts of the sea. The deep sea mermaids are the hardcore mermaids, who can survive the deep parts of the sea. There are even different subtypes for us mermaids like the shark mermaids or the eel mermaids. The shark mermaids are carnivores while the eel mermaids are omnivores.”
This mermaid had a proud look on her face, because her teacher did a good job of teaching them about the mermaid subtypes and the hardcore deep sea mermaids.

Maria took a mini break from the conversation by picking up the wooden bucket’s handle from the ground. They were doing their routine of soaking their gills by getting the cup of water out of the bucket.
Once she was done, they looked at Regula while swaying her mermaid tail a bit in their wheelchair. “You land folks are so strange to not die from the heat, and good luck with that goal of yours.”

Even though, this mermaid doesn’t know about Regula’s baroness title. They are still encouraging them on their goal. “We are probably going to become colleagues, because I won’t change anything on what you land folks are doing in the rivers. Just want to organize our relationship between the land folks and the aquatic beasts to make a nice underwater kingdom for my people. Not to mention, we would have better management on how we hunt our food if we have a bigger community to work on.”
She knew the aquatic beasts would be safer from all the dangerous sea monsters if they had a kingdom like the land folks to work on. It would also benefit them to train on their future protectors in case there is a potential threat to their kind.

After Maria said that to Regula, this is where things got interesting. “Doesn’t hurt to try it out, as you want to touch our tails out of pure curiosity.”
She was amused by Regula’s behavior, because of them not thinking they would be the touchy type. ‘Who knew a land folk would be so touchy, and what is an Avian?’
They couldn’t help themselves from thinking about that, and she didn’t know about the humans having their own subspecies.

“What is an Avian? I know a few things about the humans, the land beasts, and the faes, but nobody told me about their subspecies.” This poor naive mermaid tilted her head in their confusion, as they got a lot to learn about the other races from the land folks.

Eventually, Regula offered for them to go to the armory, and this is when Maria’s eyes were looking around the place upon entering it. “This is better than being in the smithy.”
When Maria’s mermaid tail was swaying a bit in their wheelchair again. She saw Regula going nuts on Ko’s tail like a little kid, and it was funny to watch their excitement. ‘Geez. Her hands are going nuts on that guy’s tail, and here I thought I was weird for being a mermaid.’
Her thoughts are just her being curious as to why Regula has a fetish towards fluffiness.

What Regula says next was like a punch in her guts, because of their doubt of her scales beating Ko’s fluffiness. “You don’t know about that, Regula, and who knows. You might like it.”
They weren’t wrong about that, since the land folks seem to have the weirdest fetishes in the most bizarre of places.

While that was going on, an actual human walked into this awkward situation. Maria’s eyes turned to look at the human with pure curiosity, as this is what her teacher told her what they might look like.
The human asked Maria for her name, so she gave it to them. “My name is Maria Kemple, and I am just a curious mermaid, who came here from the river in order to look around the place. I have no intention of stealing anything, and Regula already checked me out with their skill for entering the hot smithy by accident.”
This mermaid was so blunt towards the human, because she got nothing to hide from them.

Last edited:
Retili Loxinofican
Orikanyo Orikanyo Elvario Elvario Blackrose7 Blackrose7

Retili casually leaned against the wall as he continued to watch with growing interest. His eyebrows had arched so high that it was threatening to leave his forehead at this point. He had rarely an opportunity to enjoy such a catastrophic social situation as the one that was brewing. Not only had Regula been seen by him indulging in her secret desires, but she had been caught by Aria with her hand in the cookie jar. He was amused to see that Aria was flustered by the sight of her.... actually he realized he wasn't sure what the relationship between the pair was. Associates? Friends? He settled for acquaintances until he knew more about the pair. Retili himself was confused when Aria offered him a smile in greeting. It seemed sad though, and he wondered if she was upset over the death of Linneus. She would not be the only one of course. He thought back and was almost certain they hadn't met many times before this. Still, he offered a nod in the form of greeting, cocking his head at the mention of learning to use a sword. His lips still held one of his rare smiles but his voice and face had lost the traces of smugness. "Good Afternoon. No, i'm here to speak with Lady Regula.." He turned as Regula entered and addressed him from behind the forge. He stepped back to the smithy and spoke in lowered tones until Regula got her hammering underway. He thought that disbanding the order was a necessary step no matter what had happened. The adventure guild and merchant guild were necessary parts to a functional nation in his opinion, and Linneus would have had to treat with them at some point or risk failure. The order seemed to have been a replacement for the adventurers guild but had not been well used. "I was at the meeting with Highgrove as I am sure you remember. My time there was not well spent it seems. For whatever the reason, and I have a few of my own suspicions, I have been severed from the service of the County. I was here to see if I might find a contract with you, seeing as you may soon need advisors and staff at your disposal."

Forge in Osun, Capital of Sol Count(r)y.
0b195675bac9c5e48b82102727121aa0.jpg
Mentions: Retili conman2163 conman2163 | Ko Orikanyo Orikanyo | Maria Blackrose7 Blackrose7 | Aria RavenSong RavenSong

Regula

The mermaid had a lot more to say. If Regula didn't know better, she'd assume the mermaid was an ambassador of sorts, with how much she explained about her own home. Still, Regula was pretty sure some things weren't entirely right. Then again, now wasn't the time to discuss them. It was a bit of a shame that she didn't manage to get much of a reaction out of the mermaid by showing interest. If anything, it'd been boring. That said.. it got interesting again not that long afterwards. She'd already used the excuse that she was touching tails to compare them, so it'd be weird not to touch this one, right? As she walked back over to the mermaid, she looked at the scaled tail. It really didn't look anywhere near as appealing as fluffy fur.

“Alright then. Here goes nothing.” She said, as she brought her hand upon the mermaid's tail. It was... surprisingly smooth. Also a bit oily or greasy or something? She wasn't sure. Maybe it was just wet? Either way, it wasn't unpleasant, but still... it didn't have that nice fluffy texture of a furred tail. “It's oddly smooth, I'll give you that. Looks like it'd be a lot more rough from sight alone.” That was all she had to comment on it, as she felt the need to wipe off her hand on something.

“Anyhow, I've got swords to...” That's when something clicked. “Come to think of it, I'm sure there's some rare metals around here and I've been itching to work with some quality metals for a while. How about I give you all an upgrade and we just, you know, don't talk to anyone about this tail comparing experiment we've had here?” She said. She rather wished to bury that story as soon as possible. “Just have Aria bring in your sword if you agree and tell me which of the two rare metals you'd prefer. I'll start working on Ko's sword.”

On the topic of that, she was soon hammering away. Considering she was using mithril, she was making a new sword from the base up. She'd figure out how to pay back the smith later, or just leave a large enough sum of money and risk overshooting the price. Either way, it was nice to be working on something special again. The orichalcum would be even more challenge, being as strong and unbreakable as it was, even the average smith had to work overtime to get it to form into into the desired shape.

As she was hammering away, she replied to Retili. “You're right about that.” She said, between a few hits of her hammer on the anvil. She did need new staff. “Considering Linneus seemed to value you, I'm assuming you've got some skill, so if you don't mind the downgrade from a Count to a Baroness, I'd be willing to hire you. I'll need to know how many people are in my county and what their professions are, as well as how many could serve in a militia, so if you'd be up for taking a census, I'd have the first job ready for you as well.” As she was hammering away on the smith, she vaguely recollected Retili trying to fight one of the shadow hounds. The small creature was surely brave enough. That also reminded her of another thing. “If you're willing to work for me and have a weapon, you'd best give it here. I want to make sure those working for the Blacksmithing Baroness have the best of the best.” She said, the self-given title rolling off the tongue surprisingly well. It'd be a better thing to be known for than her preference for tails, that much was sure.

Retili Loxinofican
Orikanyo Orikanyo Elvario Elvario Blackrose7 Blackrose7

Retili watched the smith work at the forge. He had to admit he was impressed by her skills. It was even more impressive that she was able to keep up a steady conversation while smithing. He crossed his arms as he nodded at her response. "Very well. I'll take your posting. Be warned, a proper census could take a couple of months if you want a thorough job done." He didn't want to go back to doing scribe work fully, and if he worked with Regula he could have some flexibility he was certain. He was surprised at her offer for an upgrade to her weapon. Retili wasn't one who was able to use a blade, he sometimes felt weak just thinking about picking one up, but he figured it would be best not to argue. He drew the rusty dagger from it's cloth sheathe and placed it on a table nearby. Then he stepped back and waited.

23C94A27-03D9-4108-9B47-EABE822907F3.png

CECD0184-8C25-4FBF-8771-BB0EADFCD1E6.jpeg
Maria Kemple
Interaction: Elvario Elvario | RavenSong RavenSong
Mention: N/A

Maria was smiling when Regula touched her smooth tail. She never had a land folk’s opinion of how a mermaid tail would feel to them, and it is even rarer to let them do something like this. Regula’s opinion is what she thought it would be, and was surprised for them to think it would be rough by their appearance alone. “I told you it would be smooth, and the weird part about us mermaids is how our scales like to replace themselves with the new ones.”
They thought it would be interesting enough for them to know how their scales would fall off on its own like a snake would do. ‘Her warm hand felt nice on my tail for some reason.’
Maria was thinking about that, since she never had a dry hand touch her tail before. Most of time, her hands would become cold each time she takes her hands out from the water.

Regula then moved on to talk about the swords, and this is when it got interesting. They want to upgrade their weapons for free if they don’t talk about this tail comparing experiment. “That is fine by me. I wouldn’t want to talk about your love for the fluffiness anyway.”
Even though, she knew how excited Regula would become when it comes to touching the fluffiness. Maria didn’t want to shove it down their throat by giving them a bunch of fluffy items or clothes for her amusement.

Maria’s sword was chilling right next to Maria in her wheelchair within its scabbard. It was her way of protecting it from potential thieves, since it wasn’t a good idea to put it behind her.
Once Maria took the azure sword out from its scabbard, she moved her wheelchair to give the weapon towards the human lady: Aria just like Regula said. “I would like for it to be orichalicum please, and tell Regula how I appreciate her kindness to do something like this.”
This happy mermaid was then swaying her mermaid tail after doing this, because she was secretly enjoying the land folks’ company.

POST TRANFORM ARIA .png
“A.. deal.” Aria repeated, before Regula began to explain. Her head tilted at her apparent embarrassment. Why be embarrassed about a lover? Aria wondered, however, it was certainly not her place and if it was uncomfortable, then the maiden would do what she could do help. "Hmm. I see, well, I suppose that's an.. even exchange." She replied.

Then turned to Retili the scribe as he clarified about his visit. "I see. I guess Lady Regula is in high demand today." A warmer tone in her voice. Turning once again to Regula, Aria nodded at her request to take any weapons that would require her services. Taking the dagger the scribe placed on the table, then turning around to take a sword from the mermaid but she was already right in front of her. Aria gasped softly, not because she was startled, but the sudden realization that if it weren't for the help she'd gotten from her father, Regula and her brother, she'd also be in a wheelchair. She looked at the mermaid for a moment, before attempting a smile and took the sword the mermaid was giving her. "Thank you, miss. I'll be sure to let the smithy know exactly as you told me. Orichalcum is quite the material. I have no doubt you'll be satisfied." With that the sword maiden bowed her head and took the weapons behind the desk and into the forge, placing them neatly at the work bench.

She'd disregard the references to the 'fluffy' stuff, perhaps Aria was a little dense in that way, but she didn't want to judge about something she didn't know anything about. All she knew is that it seemed, intimate, sensitive, and maybe a bit sensual.

She'd sit nearby as the others spoke, when Linneus name came up, she turned to look at Regula. Hearing that name had begun to sting. But Aria was impeccably good at hiding emotions. This would be her greatest test however. Deciding to distract herself, which didnt take much effort, she observed the beast folk. He was fidgety and a little anxious, at least that's what he seemed to be feeling to Aria's eyes. Maybe it was the waging tail. "I've certainly not met you before.." placing a fist over her chest in a salute, she continued, "..Aria Barlow at your service. I'm.. uhm.." She stuttered. "..Regula's friend, and soon to be military cadet."

What followed, was language she didn't quite understand; the beginnings of a Baroness's negotiations with others. She just listened however, as tempting as it was to have input.

Forge in Osun, Capital of Sol Count(r)y.
0b195675bac9c5e48b82102727121aa0.jpg
Mentions: Retili conman2163 conman2163 | Ko Orikanyo Orikanyo | Maria Blackrose7 Blackrose7 | Aria RavenSong RavenSong

Regula

She nodded as Retili agreed to the job, replying in-between two hammer-ons onto the anvil. “Truth be told, if there's enough people and property left in the barony to need months in a census, I'll count myself lucky. After all that happened here, I'm a bit worried about how much we'll have left to work with.” That said, as she got the dagger, she was really glad she asked for it. Someone working for her with such a shabby rusted thing? No way! She'd definitely fix that.

After a few more hours at the forge (during which the others could come and go as they pleased depending on their level of patience), she was done with weapons. It'd given her some time to clear her mind, especially after she stopped multitasking and focussed on her craft in full. They'd stay in Osun for another couple of days to learn the outcome of the meeting, but she'd eventually learn of her new boss, Count Sadek (which was likely better than Highgrove) and her new position. She was about to set off to the former Thorne barony soon, although she would need a new name for it...

The End

Ko
[Title] Natural tailend – Even unkempt and unkept, the character's tail has a natural talent for being fluffy and pleasant to the touch.
[Asset] Mithril Sword E – (14 points from the narrator bonus worth + blacksmith trade).

Maria
[Title] Smooth-scaled – Character possesses the smoothest of smooth scales. Good for charming folk into rubbing them, for whatever reason they might come up with.
[Asset] Orichalcum Sword F – (7 points from the narrator bonus worth + blacksmith trade).

Retili
[Title] Advisor of Caelia – Character is hired as an advisor to Baroness Regula Caelia. The title comes with a certain level of authority and responsibility towards her Barony.
[Asset] Mithril Dagger F – (7 points from the narrator bonus worth + blacksmith trade).

Last edited:
Isekai Hell RP Grade

Mentions: Elvario Elvario Orikanyo Orikanyo Blackrose7 Blackrose7 conman2163 conman2163 RavenSong RavenSong Novama Novama

I thought it was a good rp, though I'm not sure if I would call thing politics or bribery but nonetheless its a start and it looks like the barony got a new advisor in the process.

Aftermath

It wasn't long as several people noticed the group of strangers going into the forge. Some of the people knew such as Aria, Regula and Rettili. But there was a few unknown to them that showed their faces. While the people didn't know what was done in there exactly, they did notice as the group left they had shiny new weapons. It was long after that rumors spread that the new baroness was making backroom deals. Though what kind of deals did remain unknown.

Though it wouldn't be long before word of Rettili's new position reached the barony offering him special privileges of his status. Though there were a few whispers about how he got that position especially when he served a noble that was named an enemy of Ryke. For the time being, however everything seemed to be coming together for the new barony.

Rewards

Regula - 16 points (Narration bonus included)
  • Acquired Optional title [back Roomer] - character is known to make deals behind closed doors with their trusted allies. Acquaintances will be less likely to trust deals made at face value.

Aria - 11 points
  • Aquired Optional title [Loyal] - character has a tendency to honor agreements/relationships made despite changing circumstances or other options. Character is more likely to have their trust honored. But it will receive increased amounts of testing that may make it hard to endure.

Ko - 11 points
  • Acquired Optional title Natural tailend– Even unkempt and unkept, the character's tail has a natural talent for being fluffy and pleasant to the touch.
    [Asset] Mithril Sword E – (14 points from the narrator bonus worth + blacksmith trade).
Maria - 11 points
  • Acquired Optional title Smooth-scaled– Character possesses the smoothest of smooth scales. Good for charming folk into rubbing them, for whatever reason they might come up with.
    [Asset] Orichalcum Sword F – (7 points from the narrator bonus worth + blacksmith trade).
Rettili - 11 points
  • Acquired Optional title Advisor of Caelia– Character is hired as an advisor to Baroness Regula Caelia. The title comes with a certain level of authority and responsibility towards her Barony.
    [Asset] Mithril Dagger F – (7 points from the narrator bonus worth + blacksmith trade).

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back