• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Community [Isekai Hell] February 2023 Event

Novama

One Thousand Club
Welcome to the Feb event for 2023. This thread will be 1 of 3 events taking place this month. Here, posting as yourself or posting as one of your characters, you may write a valentine letter to one other IH member or IH character. Keep in mind valentines are not exclusively romantic and can be appreciation or admiration as well.

Please keep valentines brief (Less than 200 words)

You may write and post as many valentines as you wish so long as they are for different people or by different senders. All participation will be rewarded.

1675261848818.png

Type: Letter of appreciation.
Sender: Ceylan
Recipient: Tia EMIYAman EMIYAman
Canon Status: Send In Character

Dear Tia,

I hope you've been doing well.

Considering how quickly you've been learning, I'm sure that you'll be able to read this on your own. I'm sure that I can be proud of you, both for how quickly you keep learning and for that fact that I'm sure that your still Tia.

I'm sorry that I haven't always been the best to you, especially after leaving you on your own, despite knowing what issues you might have. I'm sorry for that. Although I cannot forsake my duties as a Syncretist Priest, I can't shake off the memories of how happy our make-shift family situation made me. It's why I'm hoping you'd be willing to come live with me, once I manage to obtain the position in the Holy City of Vegard.

It's odd how little I've appreciated family ties through-out the years I've been wandering, but you've shown me how nice those can be. Things might get difficult again, but we've already gotten through our fair share of difficulties together, so I'm sure we can face whatever else is to come.

Thank you for having been with me and I hope we'll be together again soon.

Regards, Ceylan.

Sender: Regula Caelia
Recipient: Aria RavenSong RavenSong

Hey,

It's a bit odd for me to write you a letter like this, I know, but it's been a difficult to get my thoughts together. Growing wings, obtaining and fixing a barony, it's all a lot.

Still, I should mention just how glad I am to have you at my side. It feels like I've known you for most of my life, even though it's not even that long ago when we met each-other during that rabbit hunt.

Remember that bathhouse after the awful events in the Magic Duchy? I feel like that's when I realised just how great having you as a friend is to me. After that, you really became a sister to me, that day when we hung out with my mother. We should do that again soon.

If times are tough for you, with your legs, your brother or your father, then you can always talk to me. Or just be silly like me and write me a letter, despite living in the same small town~ Anyhow, I'm sure we'll be able to do great things together, regardless of the challenges we might face.

Love, Regula Caelia

P.S. Do you like my baroness signature?

Type: Letter of admiration.
Sender: Kalina Chivernu
Recipient: Renee Skyhunter Skyhunter
Canon Status: Send In Character (before the events in Tutor, whether it was received prior is up to Sky.)

Dear sister,

We should talk.

It feels like whenever I try to reach out to you, something gets in the way.

Did I tell you that I've been to the Dark Continent not too long ago? It taught me some things about myself. Difficult to process things. I'm sorry if that meant I couldn't be around to aid you, but I'm starting to struggle more and more with my identity. It might be selfish of me, but I'd really like to ask you for advise.

That said, I don't want those issues to be hide the fact that I'd like to be there for you. Always. You know that, right? You were the first one to accept me when I awoke in this strange world. That's something I'll never forget.

That's also why it hurts that it feels like we're drifting apart. It's like I can understand less and less about you, whilst the things you're getting involved in are more and more beyond my comprehension. It's painful.

So please. Let's find a moment for us to just talk. About anything and everything. As sisters. We can be completely honest with one-another, right?

With love,

Your sister.

Type: Letter of Appreciation
Sender: Cayde Whitinger
Recipient: Ceylan Elvario Elvario
Unsent, written during the events of [The Hag of the Overgrown Marshes]

To Ceylan,

It's been a while!

I'm sure you've been busy. I mean, you're probably running the whole church by now, huh? Traveling across nations, discovering foreign cultures, meeting new faces, spreading the faith...

That's what priests do, right? I'm sorry. I never really sat down and asked about what you did. Religion's a bit out of my forte, y'know?

I always thought it was noble, though. And pretty hard.

But I know you're managing. You've always had. From Aston to Aegorizea, you've always been a rock - Someone to look to when things get tough, someone who understands. A real, trueborn leader.

I'm sure everyone you meet thinks the same way, too.

And, y'know, I don't think I ever got to thank you. For everything.

If it wasn't for you, I'd still be at the store, making wart cream, brewing love philters, whatever. But I'm out here, doing what I love. All because you didn't push me away. Because you helped me find my purpose.

Thank you, truly.

We should meet up, yeah? Then we could catch up, share some stories, or maybe save another accursed city?

Or we could stick to tea. I'd prefer that.

Yours Truly,

Cayde

To: Finneagan Huttman Orikanyo Orikanyo

Hey there Boy Scout its been a while,

I haven't written a letter since I was a girl but I suppose nows the time to dust that old skill off.sample-a84b34420c9043d29e800470cbbe66a4.jpg

Cuttin to the point, remember just before we went on that forest trip? I didn't mention it then but I managed to cop a deed for land from some noble. So this businesswoman's finally got herself a place to set up shop. Right now its little more than a rickety old building, but I'll make it into something worth using. Before long I'll get some workers to fix it up, but I wouldn't mind an extra pair of hands around here. If you ever wanna do some real work I'd gladly put ya to use.

Don't think I said much about it, but I've been on my own for a bit now. No place to call home. This little place of mine though feels like the start of something. So, if you ever need a place to stay or just wanna stop by I'll have it all ready for you.

I'd prefer you to come by Redcliffe Village soon though. I wanna share a little holiday tradition with you from home.

Kick some ass for me,
Lupa

Last edited:
Type: Letter of Appreciation.
Sender: Retili Loxinofican
Recipient: Ophenia Faynorae Faynorae

Dear Ophenia,

You may have forgotten, but I am Retili Loxinofican, the Zentail that you saved while on the mission for the See. I was remiss that I did not sufficiently express my gratitude for you saving my life. Without you I would have died a slow death from both poison and blood loss. You helped me despite the severity of your own wounds and for this you have my immense gratitude. I would like to express both this and to let you know that should you ever need it I am happy to support you wherever and whenever. I am currently located in the Caelia Barony of the Ryke. Should you require any assistance please let me know immediately.

Warm Regards,

Retili Loxinofican
Advisor to the Baroness Caelia

Type: Letter of appreciation and thanks
Sender: Phoebe Penrose
Recipient: Victorique Sopheana Elvario Elvario
Canon Status: Unsent, Phoebe penned this letter after the events of [The Foundation of Knowledge], after getting her stuff initially settled in her quarters on the Fatte Tunalia in [Salty Tissue Paper] but before finding out Victorique was also on board.

To Victorique,

I hope this letter finds you well!

I never got the chance to express my gratitude towards you, thank you for putting that request on the guild board. I know, I know, that may seem like a very odd and specific thing to be thanking you for, but let me explain.

As I mentioned, our book hunt in the Duchy was my first adventure, and though it may have had its share of twists, turns, and antics, I can't be thankful enough for the chance to have gotten to read some of the library's stock on magic! I hope the library proved to be equally as helpful to you in your investigation into titles as it was to me with magic!

As for me after we'd all parted ways, I'm going off on another adventure, off to explore more of the world. Who knows, maybe we'll even cross paths once again in the future. Hopefully by then I'd have refined my magecraft even further, then I could lend more of a hand if you happen to be investigating something of the arcane!

Well, whether that day comes or not, I hope you're doing well, now and into the future!

Thanks again and good luck on all your current and future investigations!

Sincerely,

𝒫𝒽𝑜𝑒𝒷𝑒 𝒫𝑒𝓃𝓇𝑜𝓈𝑒

Sender: Ceylan
Recipient: Cayde The Last Curse The Last Curse
Canon Status: Send to Cayde's Uncle

Greetings,

Considering I don't know your current whereabouts, I decided to sent this letter to you uncle, along with a note to pass it on to you. I hope it'll find you well.

Do you remember what happened in the Holy City of Vegard? I couldn't have made it through those events without someone as resourceful as you to aid me. Neither would I have made it through that forest in the eastern outskirts, for that matter.

I'm finally at a point where I can apply to become a bishop in Vegard. I'll likely still travel a lot for my duties, I'll suddenly have a place to return to. It's a bit odd to be obtaining a 'home' like that, having wandered around for so long.

It's why it'd be great to meet you there. A friend like you will be a great support. If possible, during the official ceremony that will be held when I'm made into a bishop. I'll have to go through a test and some rituals first, but I've grown confident that this is the path the gods have chosen for me, so I know I'll succeed.

May the gods be with you,

Ceylan.

Sender: Kalina Chivernu
Recipient: Cayde The Last Curse The Last Curse
Canon Status: Send to Cayde's Uncle

Hey Cayde,

Considering I haven't seen an increase of vampire hunters coming after me yet, I'd like to thank you for keeping my identity a secret~ You really helped me out in those blasted Marshes.

I'm surprised you managed to keep you head cool, most of the time, with so many people butting heads and being provocative. You're a pretty skilled and level-headed guy, which I can appreciate, even though you taste as bland as a potato.

Anyhow, considering how great of a guy you are, I was wondering if you could help me out again. I'm gonna need someone to trust in this next thing I'm debating to do. I want to go meet some vampire hunters. They might know a bit more about who or what I am, which I'm desperate to find out.

You can guess from the name why meeting them might be a bit. iffy.

However, someone with your talents is sure to make things go smoothly~

P.S. Sorry for tracking down your uncle to sent this, I had no clue how else to reach you.

With regards,

Kalina Chivernu (Or should I say Kate for old time's sake?)

Last edited:
Recipient: Finneagan Orikanyo Orikanyo
Canon Status: Send In Character (by a trustworthy messenger and sealed with a noble wax seal.)

Honourable Mr. Huttman,

Forgive me for reaching out to you like this, even though we have only been briefly acquainted through our mutual friend, the late lord Light and the tragic events that unfolded in The See.

We have many things in common. Not only did I hear great tales about your desire to fight to make the world a better place for all walks of life and your strength to stand up for the weak and poor, I've also heard about your pleasant personality and your ability to show strength when it matters. Considering I saw some of that first-hand, I have no doubt the other tales are equally true.

However, it has also come to my attention that you are one of the few people that understand the finer things in life. It's surprisingly depressing when so many people ignore the wonderful nature of something as fluffy, soft and soothing as a nice tail. It's truly troublesome to have to hide and suppress the desire to just pet any tail in sight. Knowing that there is someone else out there, that appreciates what should be appreciated, is truly a relief.

With regards,

Baroness Regula Caelia.

Type: Love Letter (?)
Sender: Zahrah Fiore
Recipient: Tiefschlaf Etymarchen Etymarchen
Canon Status: Send In Character (The letter smells like someone drenched it in rose-blossom perfume.)

To my dearest, loveliest Tiefschlaf!

Oh, how I long to be in your viney embrace again~ My cotton-heart grows heavier than feathers at the thought of how long it's been since we last embraced!

Have you been doing well in the forest? Did you manage to continue our research into plant-based happiness? I bet there are many more suphah suphah comffy plants out there! There's so many things I'd wish to talk to you about!

By the way, do you smell this letter? It's nice, isn't it?!? I'll bring you a bottle as well! You'll smell as perfect as you look, so that nobody may say such mean things as that you smell like a corpse ever again! I know you'll never smell as pretty as you look, as you're simply far too pretty for any scent to measure up to it, but it'll be a great second!

Next time I come by, I'll make sure to try and stick around for longer, so that we can have all the fun we want~ We won't have any bad wolfies ruin our moments together next, right!

With all the love in the world and wishing you all the happiness,

Zahrah!

Sender: Orrius
Recipient: Zeke NeramoDJI NeramoDJI
Canon Status: Sent sometime when Orrius was away from the crew via a pigeon

Hello there Captain! I’m sorry I got too distracted in my time back at the brothel, but don’t worry! I’m gonna use this time off to further develop my magic. The next time we meet, I promise I’ll be of great help!

I guess I also wanted to say my thanks for you willingly accepting me into the crew. Although it might be due to a lack of manpower, it has been a great experience for me meeting all of you guys! I hope we can go on cooler adventures in future as well!

The end.

Sender: Melissa
Recipient: Finnegan Huttman Orikanyo Orikanyo
Canon Status: Sent via pigeon

Dear Mr Huttman, I hope this letter managed to reach you, wherever you are out there, on whatever new adventures your currently enjoying. I just wanted to thank you for allowing an inexperienced fool such as myself to come along with your journey back then. It was a real eye opener to me, like I had finally begun my very first adventure! I was also very inspired by you. I can never forget the moment you swoop in and rescued our guide like a hero! It was very amazing! These days I’ve been working on my own artisan skills to better myself, so that I can aid more aspiring adventurers such as yourself in the future!

Also, if you ever need anything repaired or any new gear, just know that I'll always be there to give you a discount!

Last edited:
Type: Letter of appreciation and love.
Sender: Angel
Recipient: Sariel Faynorae Faynorae
Canon Status: Unsent, written shortly after the disappearance of Sariel
Dear little brat child,

Oh, I’ve missed you sooooo much! Where exactly have you run off to, my poor little child? You didn’t need to be so afraid and run off just like that! All you had to do is to stay behind me and you got nothing to worry about! This big sister will protect you till the very end, you can totally trust me~! I know I may have said some mean things to you, but please come back to me once again! I promise I won’t eat you or anything!

With love, Angel the cutest princess

Sender: Kalina
Recipient: Scylla RavenSong RavenSong
Canon Status: Left in Scylla's dorm room at the Ryken Academy just prior to Moonlight Visitor.

Hey lovely,

I was hoping to find you here, but it seems like I arrived at a bad time. It's quite saddening.

After what happened, I was hoping to have a bit of a chat with you again~ It's been pretty tough having to be 'Chandra's' version of 'Kate' during most of that time in the Marshes, so I'd like for you to get to know the real me a little better.

After all, the real me loves your bubbly and cheerful personality, your positive attitude, your great sense in colour combinations in that wonderful purple attire of yours and your surprisingly powerful magic. It's tough to come up with something that's not to love about you~ I've been struggling to admire it all in silence while acting as Kate, you know?!? I'm really glad I no longer have to do so!

We should definitely hang out more, maybe even try some new and exciting things together! I bet there's a lot of fun things we could be doing together~

Anyhow, I'm afraid I'll have to find some dinner for the night, so I'll just leave this here~

Hoping to see you soon,

Kalina

Last edited:
Recipient: Hope The Last Curse The Last Curse
Canon Status: Unsent (likely to be written and sent shortly after A Tutoring Lesson in Hatred of Dead)

Hello gorgeous~

We've only just met and the situation wasn't exactly the best one to get to know each-other, but I just had to acknowledge how infatuated I am by your beauty~ I wish I could get lost all day, simply staring into the gorgeous darkness of your body, so perfectly accentuated by details of blue and golden that you so perfectly chose to adorn yourself with. The dark contrasting the brightly shining of your wonderful eyes. Even being able to just enjoy the sight of you brings my heart great joy~

Seeing how you were able to be stop being meek and instead rise up to be firm and strong when needed only made you all the more breathtaking. Truly, you honour your name, as your mere presence inspires hope! You'd do me great honour if you could show me more of that powerful side of yours~ After all, how can someone not fall for such a sight?

You and I should definitely spent more time together, as I'm sure there are many great, fun and exciting things we could be doing~ Don't you think so too?

Eagerly awaiting your reply,

Kalina

Last edited:
Recipient: Iberis TheTimePiece TheTimePiece
Canon Status: Found its way into Iberis' bedroom a day after the events in A Moonlight Visitor.

Hello darling,

I'd like to thank you again for last night. It was absolutely wonderful~

I really wish I could've spent some more time with you. I'm not sure what it is, but I keep getting this urge to cuddle with you. Perhaps you're just to lovely not to want to do so? Perhaps I wouldn't be able to restrain myself next time around~

It's probably not a normal compliment to give someone, but you've got some amazing blood flowing through your veins~ It must mean that you're great at magic, as I could just about taste the mana! It's amazing that someone as nice as you would share some of their precious blood with me. Is it greedy if I say that I'm eager for more, even though I'm not necessarily suffering from thirst?

Although I've never been magically gifted myself, your dedication to the study of it was admirable. Being dedicated to a study or craft is a very attractive trait in someone, after all~

It'd be great if we could hang out again soon, as I'm sure there are many fun and exciting things we could be doing together~

All the love,

Kalina

Sender: "Du Couer Pur" Ophenia
Recipient: Seven Etymarchen Etymarchen
Canon Status: Written after [Keep Talking and No One Suffocates]. Sent via a messenger

Good Morning!

Salutations Seven! It has been quite a while since we last met up, and honestly, it has been quite lonely without a friend as dear as you by my side. Adverse events had transpired, of which I had much involvement in.

However, this letter is not meant to detail my grieving and lonesome thoughts, as just knowing that you may read this, makes my heart filled with anticipation and joy. I am filled with warmth just writing this!

How have you been? I miss talking to you, quite a lot. Have you met with Finn? Are you doing well? Are you eating healthy and regularly?

These days, I have been dreaming of performing somewhere in Aslan. Perhaps I would go and plan a concert there? If I do, I would be sure to let you know, it would make me exuberant if you came.

Dearly with love, Your Friend,
“Du Couer Pur” Ophenia.

Recipient: Rossle Skyhunter Skyhunter
Canon Status: Send shortly after the outcome of The Postlude.

Dear master Rossle,

Although I wish I could've told you this in person, I'm afraid I'm too busy with my new duties to come do so. After all, I'm afraid to tell you that I've joined them.

To many things went down to put into one letter, but I'm a noble now. A baroness in Sadek County, baroness Caelia. The name's taken after my grandmother though, someone the royals definitely wished to forget about. That's a good way to at least get back at them, right? A bastard ruling a barony under a name they'd tried to erase?

Anyhow, I'm sorry if my choices disappoint you. Especially as I can't even begin to express how much it meant to me that you were willing to teach me when everyone else rejected me. Without your aid, I'd have never made it to where I am today. So I'm really hoping to show that I can be a baroness that even you can be proud of. After all, how could I not hope to impress someone who's been like a father to me?

From the bottom of my heart,

Thank you.

Regula Caelia.

Type: Letter of... Longing...?
Sender: Finn
Recipient: Seven Etymarchen Etymarchen
Canon Status:
Sent sometime after the world events, before the trip northward.

I don't know if you can read this, or if you can even open a letter. Really i'm kind of surprised i am writing this letter in truth to a little princess whom i know very much has no thumbs of which to even use a letter opener.

But all the same.

I know our last meeting was one of conflict, and in truth I don't know why you were on the side of the imperials but I do know this... I do ever so miss my little friend seven. I miss those moments I had you perched on my shoulder, being able to spoil you with but seeds and a scratch.

I hope to one day be able to do so again, I head northward, to the Republic then perhaps elsewhere with a friend of mine. I hope one day to spoil you once more my little feathered princess.

Sincerely,

Finnegan Huttman

P.S: I really do hope somebody is able to help you open this letter, the post man seemed awfully concerned when I said I was sending this to a bird...
P.P.S: I guess it's somewhat of a moot point saying it here in said letter....

Type: A reply.
Recipient: Regula Caelia Elvario Elvario
Canon Status:
Sometime before leaving the Republic.

*Scrawled quickly, upon the back of the letter sent to him, the wax seal roughly reapplied*

Its good to see there are others who enjoy finer things in life, in good deeds and honor we uplift ourselves and those around us.

I appologize I do not have any extra paper and I am currently in a fur tent heading to the northern Kingdom to aid in the monster plight.

The messenger is looking at me very tersely.. I do hope the cold isn't too much for them...

I am lucky to have a new friend for the run to snowy lands, fluffy in extreme, I can truely say this dog is more than warm enough to heat this tent alone. His owner equally so.

Sincerely,

Finn *not enough room was left for his full name*

Type: A... Letter....?
Recipient: Kristina EMIYAman EMIYAman
Canon Status: on the road north.

A sheet of paper, with a rather long list of supplies listed for a northward. The words "Buy some paper for letters." is circled roughly about 4 times. Alongside a note that reads. "Send letter to Kristina, be certain to send the right envelope."

it.. seems he didn't do as he told himself...

There seems to be a handful of gift ideas as well, ranging from flowers, a souvenir, a monster's head and a handful of lines wondering if beastfolk can eat chocolate...

Type: Appreciation/Friendship Letter
Sender: Iberis Odhir
Recipient: Renee Skyhunter Skyhunter
Canon Status: Left for Renee at academy 2 weeks after entrance into academy before events in Tutor.

Renee,

I just want to whole heartedly thank you for helping me in my magic journey. Ever since the entrance exam I feel like you've been one of my biggest supporters, showing me the amazing things magic can do and helping guide me in my life.

When others haven't given me a second thought you let me know that you know that I'm capable of achieving great things. I also wanted to thank you for not going easy on me, it's ensured that I've grown at an exponential rate in my abilities.

It's really hard for me to express the extent to which I appreciate you and what you've done for me. I hope that we get to spend many more times working together and unlocking what the world of magic has to offer for the both of us.

Sincerely,

Iberis Ohdir

Last edited:
Type: Appreciation/Friendship Letter
Sender: Iberis Odhir
Recipient: Scylla RavenSong RavenSong
Canon Status: Left for Scylla at academy 2 weeks after entrance into academy before events in Tutor.

Scylla,

You are one of the first people I can truly call a friend. I can't say that I've had too many growing up where I did and living the way I did before the academy.

I'm really happy that I listened to him when he said I should get to know you, it was one of the best decisions of my entire life.

I'll never forget working with you at the entrance exam, and I'll always cherish the time we've spent together.

I really look forward to what our time at the academy together will bring, but whatever it is I want to spend a lot more time with you!

Lets make the most of things.

Sincerely,

Iberis Ohdir

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back