• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Graded [Shiku no Mura Village] ♡ φᾰεινός ♡ Village of Farewells and the Ukime No Orochi

Faynorae

Great Maiden's Blush
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
"At~ten~tion! ☆ This forum roleplay is part of the universe of [Isekai Hell]! You are welcome to join if you read all of this and that~♪"

Time: 09:04
Weather: Cloudy Weather, Warm, Cold Breeze

• Character Goals:
    • Meet with someone from the Ryozo Clan.
    • Become more knowledgable of history and/or culture.
    ???
    • ???
    • HAPPINESS ☆ RESEARCH!!!
    • THROUGH ♡ SONG♪♫♪
    • AND ✧ DANCE!!!

Language Keys:
    • "Common"
    • <"Beastial">
    Please remember to use the following when your character is speaking a language. For your characters to understand what other characters are saying they must possess the [Language] skill according to the following language.

Blast from the Past.jpg
Stalking Lycoris

"Neh, neh, have you heard? Have you heard of Shiku no Mura?"

"Heh? Heh? What's that?"

"The village not on the map! The cursed village of farewells! All those born there or those who pass by are cursed to painfully part with something they might cherish... Something like...

Their Life."

Oh! But that's just an unfortunate rumour... Or is it? The tale of the village's curse all began with its name, but the tale and history of that village as well as its mark on the map has long been lost to time. The village is often not put on maps out of fear of its curse being spread just by acknowledging that it exists. Over time, its residents have been decreasing and its growth has stagnated. With only a few houses built and a shrine which does not bring protection.

Due to this, the village has fallen prey to a wicked creature. A supposed demon. A large medusa-like serpent, known and dubbed by the village's residents as the "Ukime No Orochi."

This demon is the reason why, as of late, most if not all of the villages have been afflicted with a terrible forlornment. Usually, people avoid this village. However, if you're here... That must mean you were called here, or you've stumbled upon this place while travelling to a certain place. Or perhaps you're a brainless wanderer here for some odd reason... Whatever the reason that you have come upon this accursed place, it would've been best that you instead say clear of it.

Well, mayhaps it's a bit too late for that. Rumour has it that a certain someone has been hired to take care of the serpent.

DEPRESSIONRound1.png
Bored in Self-Sympathy

Now here we see a man, standing in front of the shinmei torii in the shrine of Shikumura... Wait a minute... Is he... Crying? Weep, weep, the man weeps. A raven watches him pitifully. The raven is partially just as sad. It cawed. <"Gyaa! Why must you cry?! It may bring tears to my eyes too!"> The raven's rough and shrill voice scolded the man.

<"Why, oh, why must you scold me Crow-san? Both my pitiful dreams of flight and my pitiful life already bring me too much strife. Your words do not stop these tears. You who can fly."> The squirrel man whined. He was an ordinary squirrel man who wished he could fly. Besides being a squirrel man, it was also his duty to clean the shrine. Yet with so few visitors, what was there to clean besides leaves and... More leaves.

The black bird sneered at the man, <"Foolish! Kaa! Kaa!"> The other corvids sitting atop the shinmei torii snickered at the pathetic crying sciurine man. <"Sad sad village! Kekek!"> <"Kaakaa! So many folks, so many sad!"> <"Kekeke! But that rabbit there isn't! She's glaring at us! Gyaa!"> The ravens snickered, looking over to a not-so-friendly-looking woman.

DEPRESSIONRound1-2.png

Standing prim and straight beneath a tree in full pink bloom, beside the swaying higanbana stood a rabbit-eared lady with a white powdered face and red lips. She looked quite dressed compared to the other villagers. Unlike the whining man, the crying fox or the complaining children, she didn't seem as saddened as every other person. She didn't hide her glare from the corvids.

<"Those pesky folk with their vile tongues! I oughtta chase them outta this settlement once and fer all!"> She bitterly stated, looking back to the scene in front of her. The cat not so far from her laughed a bit, <"Nyow would that not be too bad, nyaa? There are already too little villagers within this little settlement, nya~"> He purred, despite being not in normal talking distance, the woman could hear the cat very very clearly.

<"Nothin' but bad omens them folks are! First that serpent, and now those birds! Always them birds! If that thing wasn't broken, I woulda gotten rid of that demon myself!"> She quite furiously squeaked. Despite her demure appearance, the lady had quite a temper. The 'rabbits' hopped around in the dirt with no real sense of direction. An old fox sighed, tears streaming down his face as he looked quite lonesomely into the well's water.

<"Oh, how much I miss my beloved daughter! Konkon, where did you leave to? These tears... A waterfall into this old well's water."> He sniffled, completely forgetting that he was meant to be using this water for something. Yes. He had completely forgotten what he was going to be using this water for. Why did he even get up today? While the younger folk got up to do... Something, most of the elder folk stayed in their houses. Sobbing.

OOC
Please use either one of the images to plot your character somewhere within the borders of the map. Introduce yourself in any way you would like! ^^ (PS. If you have any queries, don't be afraid to ask. :))))

Last edited by a moderator:
Zahrah Fiore

latest

Astolfo
Mentions:

Their eternal quest continued. Yes, their attempt at finding a missing brewer and doing some alcoholic based happiness research felt like it was already month ago. Which might actually be true, as they'd travelled all the way to Kuridan for one reason and one reason alone! Pet all the tails! Wait. Wrong character. Happiness research!!! Well, that was always their reason. It was their entire being. Their way of life. Their programmed protocol and quest since their very conception! This, however, was more specific. They were going to do research happiness through their newly acquired skills of song and dance!!! Yes, yes! As their powers grew, so did their ability to remember things from their old life.

One thing they remembered clearly: idols had been a very prominent source of happiness. Thus, they had to study idols! Yet, there weren't any idols to find and study. The solution was easy! They had to become an idol and study themselves! That would ensure they could thoroughly research the happiness inducing effects of idolhood! Yes, it'd be perfect! Their main objective for the next research endeavour was set. Now they just needed the right execution.

First, they needed a good place to test their newfound skills! It took them a while to find such a place. They weren't a brainless wanderer after all, as their cotton brain as working perfectly well! At max cotton capacity! Yes, yes! Truly, they had a good reason for finding this cursed town in particular! After all, if idols were as happiness inducing as they were rumoured to be, Zahrah would be able to test their hypothesis here more than anywhere! They'd happify this place through their newfound idolhood! It'd be amazing! Their only concern was that they might lack experience, but there was only one way to find out if that was true! Trial and error!

When they arrived in the village, however, it looked far more dire than they could ever expect! Yes, this village clearly needed them. So many dreary looking folk... this was horrible for happiness. They figured they'd get to work quickly, as they approached the first people they saw from where they came from; a squirrel man and some birds!

“<Hello, hello~ I'm Zahrah Fiore, I'm a happiness researcher! You, sir, seem in need of some cheering up~ I'm not sure what's wrong, but I am sure that you have no reason to seem so sad! After all, isn't this amazing? Such a nice place! I heard shrines are great for peace and quiet, to relax and get in touch with higher powers and all~ Yes, yes! I'm sure a greater duty is calling upon you here!”>” They'd use some [Smooth Talker E] to cheer the man up a bit.

“<Besides, you such beautifully feathered friends! Such smooth black feathers and elegant form should surely be more happy and proud! I could see why one would be envious of their flight, the graceful and wonderful flight of a bird, but to realise that our places on earth are different is needed to become happy! However, however! In this world, I heard there's like, all sorts of magic, so perhaps one day you can fly as well! To join them in their graceful flight!>” They added, with another dose of [Smooth Talker D], a bit stronger as they were also hoping to get the birds cheered up while at it.

They followed the gaze of the crows and were shocked at what they saw next... so many people that just looked sad! “<Oh my, this is terrible! Don't worry, I'll be back with you guys sometime soon! I have to go now! More people need me~>”

They rushed over to the other part of the village, taking place at the centre. “<Hello, hello everyone~>” They called out, hopefully getting everyone's attention. “<I am Zahrah Fiore, research of happiness, proud member of the Mile High Club of Happiness, a licenced Convict Converter and Solution Seeker, a proud Redcliffe Contributor, Hero of Ravenswood Village and an expert at... a lot of things! Whoooo! I'm here to save this village from its sadness by the power of idolhood and happiness! Yes, yes! My hypothesis has stated it in no unclear terms! Idolhood is a strong enough force to blast away all sadness! Song and dance will rule over sadness! Whoooo!>” They held their speech with some [Smooth Talker C] to back them up.

Then, they turned to one of the worst offenders. The old fox near the well. “<Sir, is it not clear? To reach such a respectable age is commendable! You should celebrate the life you've lived by continuing to live it in full for every additional day you're given! Share not just your wisdom and experience with future generations, but also the joy of life! Show them how someone can grow old and happy! Be a motivation for the future generations to work towards, show them that age is just a number and that people can keep living their life to their fullest and continue pursuing their goals! In a town with so many people that are unhappy, it's the wisdom and example of the older generations that should lead and inspire! I have full faith in you, sir! You can do it! >” They told the old fox, adding some [Smooth Talker B] to cheer them on!

Then, they looked at the prime target. The only one that didn't seem sad, but that looked rather differently. Yes, yes, she... oh my! They noticed a bunny hop in front of them and couldn't help trying to pick it up and pet it! “<Who's an adorable bunny, yes you are, you are~>” They told the bunny... [Smooth Talker F] trying to see if they could pet it. Wait, where were they? Right! The bigger bunny! They were wanting to talk to her.

“<It is nice to meet you, most beautiful ma'am~ To see someone so elegant and graceful look so angry is a pain to my soul~ Surely, truly! There must be something terrible that has upset you and this village so much? However, I have faith that someone of your beauty and elegance can weather any storm! Yes, yes! Hold faith, graceful madam, for I'm sure this will be sorted! If there is anything I can do to help, you need only ask me~>” They wrapped up their introductions with [Smooth Talker A].

As they wrapped up their talk, they realised something utmost terrible. They hadn't been idolling at all! They were here to do idol stuff, but had defaulted to their regular programming! This was catastrophic... now how were they to actually do some idol happiness research? Oh, no! … Ah well, perhaps they'd at least managed to make some folk happier~ That'd be nice!

A Grade CD's (0/5)
Smooth Talker A – Character Grade A, Appraisal A, Empathy B, Insight B, Performance [Acting/Singing/Dancing/Spoken Word/Tin Whistle] B, Persuasion B, Seduction B, Languages [Common, Terran, Beastial, Sylvan, Monster, Analog] – Character combines whatever (meta)knowledge they can find out about someone with persuasive, empathic and seductive smooth-talking, acting and spoken word in an attempt to make others act according to their will. Character speaks to them in whichever (of the main) languages they are most comfortable with. - Grade A – 5 Post Cooldown
B Grade CD's (0/3)
Smooth Talker B – Character Grade B, Appraisal B, Empathy B, Insight B, Performance [Acting/Singing/Dancing/Spoken Word/Tin Whistle] B, Persuasion B, Seduction B, Energised B Languages [Common, Terran, Beastial, Sylvan, Monster, Analog] – Character combines whatever (meta)knowledge they can find out about someone with persuasive, empathic and seductive smooth-talking, acting and spoken word in an attempt to make others act according to their will. Character speaks to them in whichever (of the main) languages they are most comfortable with. - Grade B Energised – 3 Post Cooldown
C Grade CD's (0/2)
Smooth Talker C – Character Grade C, Appraisal C, Empathy C, Insight C, Performance [Acting/Singing/Dancing/Spoken Word] C, Persuasion C, Seduction C, Energised C Languages [Common, Terran, Beastial, Sylvan, Monster, Analog] – Character combines whatever (meta)knowledge they can find out about someone with persuasive, empathic and seductive smooth-talking, acting and spoken word in an attempt to make others act according to their will. Character speaks to them in whichever (of the main) languages they are most comfortable with. - Grade C Energised – 2 Post Cooldown
D Grade CD's (0/1)
Smooth Talker D – Character Grade D, Appraisal D, Empathy D, Insight D, Performance [Acting/Singing/Dancing] D, Persuasion D, Seduction D, Energised D Languages [Common, Terran, Beastial, Sylvan, Monster, Analog] – Character combines whatever (meta)knowledge they can find out about someone with persuasive, empathic and seductive smooth-talking, acting and spoken word in an attempt to make others act according to their will. Character speaks to them in whichever (of the main) languages they are most comfortable with. - Grade D Energised – 1 Post Cooldown
E Grade CD's (0/0)
Smooth Talker E – Character Grade E, Appraisal E, Empathy E, Insight E, Performance [Acting/Singing] E, Persuasion E, Seduction E, Energised E Languages [Common, Terran, Beastial, Sylvan, Monster, Analog] – Character combines whatever (meta)knowledge they can find out about someone with persuasive, empathic and seductive smooth-talking, acting and spoken word in an attempt to make others act according to their will. Character speaks to them in whichever (of the main) languages they are most comfortable with. - Grade E Energised – 0 Post Cooldown
F Grade CD's (0/0)
Smooth Talker F – Character Grade F, Appraisal F, Empathy F, Insight F, Performance [Acting] F, Persuasion F, Seduction F, Energised F Languages [Common, Terran, Beastial, Sylvan, Monster, Analog] – Character combines whatever (meta)knowledge they can find out about someone with persuasive, empathic and seductive smooth-talking, acting and spoken word in an attempt to make others act according to their will. Character speaks to them in whichever (of the main) languages they are most comfortable with. - Grade F Energised – 0 Post Cooldown

Oden (#ACA9A7)
Shiku no Mura. A mere, dwindling village long haunted by a horrible folktale. During her years in the republic, rumours of this place had even faintly reached her ears, passed on by that gossipy little owlet that would often rather chit-chat than listen to her droning. She never thought she'd have reason to set foot in this place, so widely known for its bad karma and accursed aura. Yet, here she was, chasing after the trail of someone she wasn't even sure existed.

Sparing a glance at the mottled plumage of the feather in her hand, she silently tucked it into her shawl before moving towards the village, with the wooden sandals on her feet click-clacking rhythmically against the earth.

Tears and misery consumed the land. Very much unnaturally so. Was this place always like this? The old owl pondered internally, wondering if a recent catastrophe had brought down the mood. However, listening to their wails of grief, it seemed that they were all complaining about something different, making the whole scene even stranger.

Notably however, there were some exceptions to the constant flow of tears. The ravens and the cat seemed fine. The rabbits, though silent, seemed fine too. But most notable of all was the glaring rabbit-lady and that... rather energetic, pink-haired human over there. Though she bore no bestial traits, her knowledge of the tongue was impeccable, leading to Oden gaining a sliver of intrigue and respect towards the young lady as she listened to her proclaimations.

Happiness researcher, idolhood... hero? That woman spoke so fast, yet somehow so eloquently at the same time, leading her to hear and comprehend every word, yet at the same time, the influx of information was too much to handle all at once, leading Oden to only pick out a few key words.

A hero... self-proclaimed or not, she certainly had the energy for it. Was she here to try and save this place? How kind. Oden could only silently wish her the best in her endeavours, for she was not a saint enough to do the same without reason.

<"Greetings, and pardon the intrusion, but have you seen an owl come this way?"> Oden's tone began gently, but with momentum enough to cut through the eerie cacophony of tears around them. Directed primarily towards the elegantly-dressed rabbit-eared lady, she held her red-eyed gaze levelly, though sparing the occasional expectant eye towards the nearby Zahrah as well for a response.

Last edited:

Time: 09:04

• Character Goals:
    • Become more knowledgable of history and/or culture.
    ???
    • ???
    • THROUGH ♡ SONG♪♫♪
    • AND ✧ DANCE!!!

Language Keys:
    • "Common"
    • <"Beastial">
    Please remember to use the following when your character is speaking a language. For your characters to understand what other characters are saying they must possess the [Language] skill according to the following language.

Bored ~

“<Hello, hello~ I'm Zahrah Fiore, I'm a happiness researcher! You, sir, seem in need of some cheering up~ I'm not sure what's wrong, but I am sure that you have no reason to seem so sad! After all, isn't this amazing? Such a nice place! I heard shrines are great for peace and quiet, to relax and get in touch with higher powers and all~ Yes, yes! I'm sure a greater duty is calling upon you here!”>” They'd use some [Smooth Talker E] to cheer the man up a bit.

“<Besides, you such beautifully feathered friends! Such smooth black feathers and elegant form should surely be more happy and proud! I could see why one would be envious of their flight, the graceful and wonderful flight of a bird, but to realise that our places on earth are different is needed to become happy! However, however! In this world, I heard there's like, all sorts of magic, so perhaps one day you can fly as well! To join them in their graceful flight!>” They added, with another dose of [Smooth Talker D], a bit stronger as they were also hoping to get the birds cheered up while at it.

The was taken aback by the sudden appearance of Zahrah. <"H- Huh?!"> The man had let out, almost falling over in his surprise. He would have sighed in Zahrah's frantic happiness and cheeriness. <"No reason? Many reasons I have, so many that you cannot count them with even all your fingers and toes! Yes, that many--"> The man sighed, <"We have no god's protection, the spirits themselves may even avoid this place."> Squeaked the man. He'd seem rather disheartened by Zahrah's statement.

When they had proclaimed the corvids as the sciurine's friend, all the birds couldn't help but laugh. <"Gyaagyaa! Friends? Kekekek!"> One of the ravens laughed. The man drooped with an even more disheartened posture. <"Nothin' but pests! Feathering up the shrine's roof and making the village seem unwelcoming..."> The man said in a defeated tone. He'd seemingly tried to bring up anger but was immediately pulled back into sadness.

The ravens, however, seemed quite pleased. They were very much entertained by Zahrah's flattery. Zahrah's appraisal of the man would yield things which were quite inherently visible. The man was a [Beast], of the squirrel kind. Other than that, there was nothing else of note. The ravens bared the same inherent obviousness as being [Beasts] but one other thing stood out. All four of the crows bore various criminal titles. [Vandal] E, bore two of the birds, [Abuser] F bore three of the birds and [Murderer] D bore one of them. These birds weren't to be messed with.

They rushed over to the other part of the village, taking place at the centre. “<Hello, hello everyone~>” They called out, hopefully getting everyone's attention. “<I am Zahrah Fiore, research of happiness, proud member of the Mile High Club of Happiness, a licenced Convict Converter and Solution Seeker, a proud Redcliffe Contributor, Hero of Ravenswood Village and an expert at... a lot of things! Whoooo! I'm here to save this village from its sadness by the power of idolhood and happiness! Yes, yes! My hypothesis has stated it in no unclear terms! Idolhood is a strong enough force to blast away all sadness! Song and dance will rule over sadness! Whoooo!>” They held their speech with some [Smooth Talker C] to back them up.

The children by the blossoming pink plum tree all quickly turned around to look at Zahrah. There was curiosity in their sparkling eyes for barely a moment before they all dropped back into their sad little faces. A much smaller pink-haired wolf girl even started to tear up again. The old man had ignored Zahrah at first, continuing to painfully weep while staring into the water's reflection.

Then, they turned to one of the worst offenders. The old fox near the well. “<Sir, is it not clear? To reach such a respectable age is commendable! You should celebrate the life you've lived by continuing to live it in full for every additional day you're given! Share not just your wisdom and experience with future generations, but also the joy of life! Show them how someone can grow old and happy! Be a motivation for the future generations to work towards, show them that age is just a number and that people can keep living their life to their fullest and continue pursuing their goals! In a town with so many people that are unhappy, it's the wisdom and example of the older generations that should lead and inspire! I have full faith in you, sir! You can do it! >” They told the old fox, adding some [Smooth Talker B] to cheer them on!

A heavy sigh left him, as he continued staring into the well, he was forced to listen to Zahrah loud and clear. <"Aiyah! A youngster like yourself shouldn't speak... Being so old is but a curse, rather I'd be young again than stuck in a body with bones as old as spoiled tofu. My generation has long since left me, so here I stay, all alone with a single tail, broken marbles, sore eyes and an accursed mood within this accursed village, konkon. Such woe it is, konkon."> The old fox barked with a depressive tone.

Besides something obvious like the old man being of [Beast] heritage and his [Kistune] nature, there was something else that stood out to Zahrah. [憂える] The meaning of that? Who knows! I totally don't. Totally. Whatever that meant, Zahrah would have to learn that later. Another thing that stood out was that he was supposedly some kind of [Priest.]

Then, they looked at the prime target. The only one that didn't seem sad, but that looked rather differently. Yes, yes, she... oh my! They noticed a bunny hop in front of them and couldn't help trying to pick it up and pet it! “<Who's an adorable bunny, yes you are, you are~>” They told the bunny... [Smooth Talker F] trying to see if they could pet it. Wait, where were they? Right! The bigger bunny! They were wanting to talk to her.

Zahra's petting of the rabbits would yield some very great results. The rabbits liked it, purring as a result. Despite the small rabbits being content, someone showed inherent displeasure in the matter. The blood-coloured eyes of the rabbit-eared woman glared at Zahrah with very visible aggression. She could hear every step the plush took, every word Zahrah said, and every movement. Through Zahrah's [Empathy], they would be able to clearly see how totally pissed the leporine was.

“<It is nice to meet you, most beautiful ma'am~ To see someone so elegant and graceful look so angry is a pain to my soul~ Surely, truly! There must be something terrible that has upset you and this village so much? However, I have faith that someone of your beauty and elegance can weather any storm! Yes, yes! Hold faith, graceful madam, for I'm sure this will be sorted! If there is anything I can do to help, you need only ask me~>” They wrapped up their introductions with [Smooth Talker A].

She stared down Zahrah as they spoke, clearly listening as the woman's right ear twitched slightly. Every other part of her remained still as possible, like a doll. The woman seemingly kept in a sigh, and would... Take and shake Zahrah's hand. Gently, and politely, doing so with both her hands. <"It is of my greatest pleasure to be of your acquaintance, Dearest Fiore. My own name is Tsukino Tarosagi, but do be as kind as to refer to me as Shirayuki Tsusagi,"> She spoke with a tilt of the head and a smile. Despite the smile, and general sudden friendliness, Zahrah could for a fact still sense it. This person was not on board with the Happiness Researcher's statements.

<"It is so very kind of you to offer your help, it would be best if you have patience for a while. I await someone else of which I have called for help and I do not enjoy repeating myself."> The rabbit-eared woman rested their hands, standing straight again. Zahrah would be able to learn a few things from this encounter, this person was indeed a [Beast] of the rabbit kind. However, a few titles stood out, along with the familiar [憂える] were the titles [Otoko Geisha] followed by ["White Snow of the Full Moon"].

The geisha clapped quite violently to grab Zahrah's attention, <"However, let me place down some rules for you, Dear Fiore,"> She smiled, <"Firstly, do not refer to me as 'madam' or 'ma'am'... Second, do not lay a finger on my sisters, and third, hush down. The village is quiet, and most of us are quite sensitive to noise. Your yappin' will wake up the children's parents."> The leporine said very firmly, almost losing that fake polite and friendly tone. Besides the job and racial titles, Zahrah would be able to discern that this rabbit was also a [Ruffian.]

"Greetings, and pardon the intrusion, but have you seen an owl come this way?" Oden's tone began gently, but with momentum enough to cut through the eerie cacophony of tears around them. Directed primarily towards the elegantly-dressed rabbit-eared lady, she held her red-eyed gaze levelly, though sparing the occasional expectant eye towards the nearby Zahrah as well for a response.

The woman turned her head and smiled at Oden, subtly looking at her from head to talon. <"An owl...? Are you not by chance the one that is meant to be on their way here in the first place?"> They'd ask, a curious expression on their now softening face. <"If you are not them, then mayhaps it'd be best to wait a bit longer. It may be best if you stay here for a while, the one on their way may or may not be the someone you are looking for. Or they mayhaps know of them."> The geisha squeaked. Much to their detriment, they would notice the two rabbits that Zahrah had pet earlier were now cuddling around Zahrah's feet.

They clicked their tongue, <"Kagusa! Kogyousa!"> They'd squeaked a bit viciously, <"D- Don't coddle around this strange--"> She'd cut herself off, noticing the children coming nearer. <"Ugh... Where's that stupid-- Oi! Kousagi, Showanjo, Masaru! Don't come so close!"> <"B- But Showanjo doesn't want to stop crying..."> The boy with a long tail spoke. <"Yeah, and the pink-haired knight-person said that they were here to save us."> A similar-looking rabbit-eared girl with a flowery yukata added. <"And Showanjo d- doesn't stop crying... I'm going to start crying too!"> The monkey-eared boy... threatened? Despite what he said, he already seemed like he was only barely holding back tears. The wolf-eared girl was very loudly and clearly crying.

DEPRESSIONRound2.png

Zahrah Fiore

latest

Astolfo
Mentions: Faynorae Faynorae | Oden SilverFeathers SilverFeathers

Zahrah was surprised to find a murder-raven. Those were rather uncommon! Vandals, sure, abusers, maybe, but murder? Oh my! What a feisty birds these were~ Honestly, these birds might not be all that great for happiness, come to think of it. They made a mental note to try convert them into upstanding bird citizens later! … They definitely committed it to their cotton memory! … What were they thinking about again? Right! They were planning out how to keep talking to new folk!

Well then... that was... difficult? Yes. Difficult. This old guy didn't seem to be cheering up. Neither did the young folk. That was totally not cool! Besides, what in the world was [憂える] even supposed to mean They searched their database, remembered they didn't have a database here, tried to use their own memory... failed and gave up. No clue. Weird scribbles. That was what they were. “<Those are some really weird red scribbles you have to you name, mister priest, sir~ They look pretty though!>” They told the man, as they headed to their next target.

Bunny! Yes, the bunny was great. It even purred! Wait... a purring bunny? That was amazing! “<Oho! Such a joyfully purry-bunny! >” Yes, yes! This was revolutionary. 11/10 would pet again! However, they realised the flaws of their ways soon enough... The big rabbit lady was jealous! That must be why she was so angry! There couldn't be another reason! It would all end up being all-right though, as Zahrah would totally give her all the attention she'd want and need next.

“<Yes, yes! It's also of great pleasure to meet you you, madam Shira... Shirayuki... Tsugoi? Ahh! I'm so sorry, it seems my memory for names such as yours isn't working properly! Don't worry, I'll be sure to commit it to memory as best as I can next time!>” They said, with an apologetic bow.

“<Oh! That's great, the more people help out, the better things will be! Team work makes the dream work, right?!? Right?!? Hey, hey, ho!>” They cheered to themselves and nobody alike. “<Oh, you have the same weird scribbles to your name as the old man near the well! Is some sort of trend? Here, here, look!>” They spoke, as the tried drawing the 憂える symbols into the sand with their foot. “<Those are so cool and mysterious! What do they mean, what do they mean?>” They asked, pretty excited with this little mystery. Come to think of it... “<Also, also! What's a Otoko and what's a Geisha? Oh and is there really snow on the full moon? I never knew that!>” Yes, this introduction had been an amazing learning moment! They were learning so much, so quickly! Their cotton would be filled with all the knowledge! Whoo!

That's when then suddenly heard some rules. “<Ah, excuse me! That's so terrible and silly of me, I'm so so sorry sir! You look so elegant and beautiful that you had me fooled~ Then again, most people call me a miss, a lady or a girl as well, so does that give me a pass on being wrong with others in turn? Is that how it works?>” Well, it didn't matter too much. Such questions could be left for later. “<Anyhow, sir, your sisters? I'm not sure whom you might speak off?>” Nope, there didn't seem to be any more talking rabbits around.

“<Hush down...>” They tried letting those words sink in. “<How does one hush down? Is it a physical exercise? I might not look like it, but I'm really flexible! I bet I could hush really well if I knew what it was like, really down! Anyhow, I think the best way to become less sensitive to noise is to deal with it! I learned it's called exposure therapy! Trust me, it's totally proven to work! It'll be great and grand and totally cool!>”

Come to think of it, they noticed this rabbit was a bit of a Ruffian. That was cool! “<Oh, oh, sir, are you a gangster? Oh, oh, are you in charge of those gangster birds? They are totally murderers and vandals and abusers! It's bad for happiness, but also kind-off cool, but how did that bird even kill someone? Or multiple someone's? That's insane! Also really bad for happiness! We should make the murder bird into an upstanding bird citizen! Yes, yes! Did I tell you I'm a Convict Convert? I could totally to that, I think! I hope...>” They wondered if it'd work on birds.

That's when an owl showed up. Although not just any owl. A really cool owl. Amazingly cool and epic and wise-looking and all that. “<Woooow!>” They called out in surprise. “<You're so cool! Those feathers are totally in the top of the most amazing things I've ever seen! You could be the wise owl from pretty much any fairytale ever! That's so great! If you're even half as wise as you look, we'll have this village sorted out in no-time! Did you know the ravens are abusers, murders and vandals, that some of the people here have this weird sign above their name...>” They'd point as the 憂える they drew in the sand. “<... that the mister here is some sort of Otoko Geisha and called after the White Snow on the Full Moon and that he's a Ruffian and that everyone here keeps being sad all the time? I couldn't even cheer them up... that's terrible! I'm here to conduct happiness research and they won't be happy... It's horrifying!>”

They realised they went a bit overboard. “<Oh, oh, my bad, I'm Zahrah Fiore, happiness research and a lot of other stuff! It's a total pleasure to meet you in all your gloriously feathered glory!>” They'd finally properly introduce themselves with a bid of [Smooth Talker E] to back them up. “<I didn't see another owl though, I'm afraid. If they were even 10% as amazing, cool and awesome looking as you, I'd for sure have remembered it! No, no, even just at 1%! Oh, oh, I really hope you're even the slightest bit as wise as your looks suggest, that should make this a breeze! By the way, do you know who this mister's sisters are? I wasn't allowed to lay a finger on them... perhaps I should try a foot? Anyhow... what were we talking about..?>”

They got back on topic with what the rabbit mister was saying. “<Oh! It's the bunnies again!>” They'd reach down to pet them again. “<Who's some good bunnies~ Yes you are, you too!>” They were surprised when the other rabbit told the bunnies off, but recalled their earlier conjecture. “<Oh, sir, don't worry! I'll pet you too, if you'd like me too! No need to be jealous! I can give you all the attention you want as well! Totally!>”

That's when they noticed the wolf-eared girl crying, which made them head over to try picking up the kid. Kids that cried wanted to be held right? Right? Totally. “<There, there, no more crying! Oh, I know, I know!>” They were here to do idol research, right? This was it! Their first concert! They'd figure out how to get this kid to stop crying!

Singing Premier!
(Performance E, Singing)

A Grade CD's (1/5)
B Grade CD's (1/3)
C Grade CD's (1/2)
D Grade CD's (1/1)
E Grade CD's (0/0)
F Grade CD's (0/0)

Oden (#ACA9A7)
Oden's eyes widened for a moment at the geisha's words. Of all things, to receive such a question in response was unexpected. The old owl lowered her eyes, examining the authenticity of the geisha's words, before merely giving a gentle sigh. <"I see. I shall take you up on your offer then, I apologize for the intrusion."> Oden nodded politely, though she was not particularly looking forward to spending her time here. Her sensitive ears were not too fond of the constant wailing, as well as the incessant and non-stop chattering of the pink-haired lady behind her. She felt as if she would have a headache before long.

Still, after not being in Kuridan for a mere few weeks, she could not forget her manners. Taking a few steps back, she bowed towards the rabbit-eared lady, both to express her gratitude and in greeting. Neither bowing too deep nor too dismissively, she corrected her posture and concluded with a few words. <"Many thanks, Tsusagi-san.">

Stationed to the side, she watched the younglings approach with soft eyes. Such pitiful children. Nothing warmed her heart more than seeing the younger generation boisterous and bright. Hence, the inverse naturally pained her. Whatever curse of eternal sadness seemed to have been cast over this village, it was truly emotionally unpleasant. There were certainly far worse curses out there, such as those that could bring about famine or wrath. However, this situation did not seem light either. Could these people cry themselves to death? She was unsure of how deep the repercussions could go.

Turning to the side, she realized that loud-mouthed woman had turned to address her presence, hence she greeted her with a similar, if slightly shorter, bow. Though she was already more than aware of the woman's irregularity, Oden was certainly not expecting the torrent of praise that poured from her mouth, much less the questionable information that flowed afterwards. Other than the raven slander and sudden name-calling of Tsusagi-san that was standing right beside them, there was an odd word or two about being able to see names and signs that she could not even begin to comprehend. Although she really would like this pink-haired young lady to pause for at least a moment, she had to somehow respect the fact that she could fit hundreds of words in the span of what seemed like a few seconds.

<"...It is a pleasure to meet you Fiore-san. I am likely not as wise nor knowledgeable as you suggest, but thank you for the compliment dear."> Unwittingly, Oden had began overlapping the image of the energetic young lady with the equally-as-lively youths she had once mentored, even letting a slip of the tongue such as 'dear' finish her words. Shaking her head slightly, she glossed over the matter by addressing her question. <"I believe Tsusagi-san was referring to the rabbits you are currently petting with your hands. I'd advise you not to put your feet on them however. You may cause some anger in your pursuit of happiness."> Oden advised lightly, having come to some conclusions of her own towards Zahrah, considering her constant mentions of 'happiness' and the like.

Although startled by the sudden change in situation as said Zahrah suddenly scooped up the wailing child and burst into song, it was a welcome change from trying to keep up with her in conversation. Although she was used to more traditional-styled music, the lady was not a bad singer, and her lullaby was pleasant and soothing to the ear, especially compared to what her ears had been assaulted with recently. It was unfortunately quite eerie hearing tears and crying in the background of her song, but the owl still clapped politely once she was done with her impromptu performance. She could tell it was for the child after all.

Turning her gaze back towards Tsusagi-san after the whirlwind that was Zahrah had left her side, she inquired tentatively. <"May I ask what you know of this village? And... what this curse of constant sadness, seems to be?">

Time: 09:08

• Character Goals:
    • Become more knowledgeable of history and/or culture.
    ???
    • ???
    • THROUGH ♡ SONG♪♫♪
    • AND ✧ DANCE!!!

Language Keys:
    • "Common"
    • <"Beastial">

Bored~

Oden's eyes widened for a moment at the geisha's words. Of all things, to receive such a question in response was unexpected. The old owl lowered her eyes, examining the authenticity of the geisha's words, before merely giving a gentle sigh. <"I see. I shall take you up on your offer then, I apologize for the intrusion."> Oden nodded politely, though she was not particularly looking forward to spending her time here. Her sensitive ears were not too fond of the constant wailing, as well as the incessant and non-stop chattering of the pink-haired lady behind her. She felt as if she would have a headache before long.

Still, after not being in Kuridan for a mere few weeks, she could not forget her manners. Taking a few steps back, she bowed towards the rabbit-eared lady, both to express her gratitude and in greeting. Neither bowing too deep nor too dismissively, she corrected her posture and concluded with a few words. <"Many thanks, Tsusagi-san.">

<"Your apologies are needless, but I do appreciate the thought. Please do feel welcomed."> The geisha smiled gently, <"If you are able to fight, then all the better. We need all the help we can get."> The leporine woman(?) stated, sighing in relief. She seemed quite content with Oden's arrival. Tsusagi was quite surprised by Oden's bow, but it clearly made the artist quite happy. <"The pleasure is all mine!"> They'd chipperly reply, almost smiling a bit too much.

“<Yes, yes! It's also of great pleasure to meet you you, madam Shira... Shirayuki... Tsugoi? Ahh! I'm so sorry, it seems my memory for names such as yours isn't working properly! Don't worry, I'll be sure to commit it to memory as best as I can next time!>” They said, with an apologetic bow.

“<Oh! That's great, the more people help out, the better things will be! Team work makes the dream work, right?!? Right?!? Hey, hey, ho!>” They cheered to themselves and nobody alike. “<Oh, you have the same weird scribbles to your name as the old man near the well! Is some sort of trend? Here, here, look!>” They spoke, as the tried drawing the 憂える symbols into the sand with their foot. “<Those are so cool and mysterious! What do they mean, what do they mean?>” They asked, pretty excited with this little mystery. Come to think of it... “<Also, also! What's a Otoko and what's a Geisha? Oh and is there really snow on the full moon? I never knew that!>” Yes, this introduction had been an amazing learning moment! They were learning so much, so quickly! Their cotton would be filled with all the knowledge! Whoo!

The rabbit-eared lady would be very displeased by Zahrah's actions and words, however, <"H- Huh? Why do you know such a thing?"> She'd retort, face beginning to flurry in a fit, and if not for the white powder face, one would be able to visibly see the leporine's face turn red. Before she could implode, however, a loud meow would be heard nearby harking for attention.

<"Nyah! "White Snow of the Full Moon" is the name that Shirayuki-San was called in his younger days! That one danced so beautifully that folks would speak of how he'd shine like the full moon, with a glow more pale than the falling snow, nyaa~"> He purred, the rabbit-eared 'lady' shooting quite an aggressive glare at the bob-tailed cat. <"'Otoko' means male or man, 'Geisha' means arts person! It means someone who is proficient in some sort of art! Thus [Otoko Geisha] means 'Male art person.' His mother was--"> The cat would be cut off, as Tsusagi would quite violently stomp the floor, creating a heavy thump despite standing on sand. <"The poorly drawn characters you wrote means 'To grieve; To lament; To be anxious.' I dislike repeating myself, so I will further explain when she gets here."> Tsusagi hissed, they were very clearly irritated.

That's when then suddenly heard some rules. “<Ah, excuse me! That's so terrible and silly of me, I'm so so sorry sir! You look so elegant and beautiful that you had me fooled~ Then again, most people call me a miss, a lady or a girl as well, so does that give me a pass on being wrong with others in turn? Is that how it works?>” Well, it didn't matter too much. Such questions could be left for later. “<Anyhow, sir, your sisters? I'm not sure whom you might speak off?>” Nope, there didn't seem to be any more talking rabbits around.

“<Hush down...>” They tried letting those words sink in. “<How does one hush down? Is it a physical exercise? I might not look like it, but I'm really flexible! I bet I could hush really well if I knew what it was like, really down! Anyhow, I think the best way to become less sensitive to noise is to deal with it! I learned it's called exposure therapy! Trust me, it's totally proven to work! It'll be great and grand and totally cool!>”

Even with heightened senses when it came to hearing and a skill for comprehending speeches at a faster pace, not rabbit, nor cat nor fox would be able to comprehend all of which Zahrah had spoken. The geisha's face seemingly softened into a less emotion-showing expression as he'd stare at Zahrah as they spoke. The cat licked its paw and rubbed its face while listening very absent-mindedly to Zahrah's... Speaking. The artisan would only be able to make out various words... Flexible. Sensitive. Exposure. <"...Are they a courtesan?"> The rabbit whispered to themselves, <"They do seem to surfeit in pleasure, nyaa~"> The cat whispered back.

Come to think of it, they noticed this rabbit was a bit of a Ruffian. That was cool! “<Oh, oh, sir, are you a gangster? Oh, oh, are you in charge of those gangster birds? They are totally murderers and vandals and abusers! It's bad for happiness, but also kind-off cool, but how did that bird even kill someone? Or multiple someone's? That's insane! Also really bad for happiness! We should make the murder bird into an upstanding bird citizen! Yes, yes! Did I tell you I'm a Convict Convert? I could totally to that, I think! I hope...>” They wondered if it'd work on birds.

Tsusagi flinched at what Zahrah mentioned, <"Excuse me?"> he honked, <"Gangster birds?... You mean those ravens?!"> The geisha's hand was clutched tightly, despite the feint smile, even Oden would be able to recognize the "gangster rabbit's" distaste for what Zahrah kept on spouting on and on about.

They got back on topic with what the rabbit mister was saying. “<Oh! It's the bunnies again!>” They'd reach down to pet them again. “<Who's some good bunnies~ Yes you are, you too!>” They were surprised when the other rabbit told the bunnies off, but recalled their earlier conjecture. “<Oh, sir, don't worry! I'll pet you too, if you'd like me too! No need to be jealous! I can give you all the attention you want as well! Totally!>”
Shaking her head slightly, she glossed over the matter by addressing her question. <"I believe Tsusagi-san was referring to the rabbits you are currently petting with your hands. I'd advise you not to put your feet on them however. You may cause some anger in your pursuit of happiness."> Oden advised lightly, having come to some conclusions of her own towards Zahrah, considering her constant mentions of 'happiness' and the like.
That's when they noticed the wolf-eared girl crying, which made them head over to try picking up the kid. Kids that cried wanted to be held right? Right? Totally. “<There, there, no more crying! Oh, I know, I know!>” They were here to do idol research, right? This was it! Their first concert! They'd figure out how to get this kid to stop crying!

<"Oi! Didn't I just tell ya--!"> The geisha's words wouldn't seem effective enough, his foot would've probably collided with the floor again with another loud thump, accompanied by a first meeting Zahrah's head judging by the Leporine's body movements. However, Zahrah saved themselves as Tsusagi would stop in their tracks once Zahrah began to sing so suddenly. They winced, to them, the tune was odd. Oddly... It was soothing. The rabbit sighed. The smaller rabbits purred by gently rubbing their teeth together while they sniffed Zahrah's legs.

The canine-eared little girl did in fact stop crying, she was also a bit caught off guard by being picked up. The crying successfully made the girl stop crying, and once Zahrah would put her down she'd look up at the stuffed-construct. With a soft sniffle, and rubbing her red swollen eyes, the girl would murmur, <"Soft..."> However, despite no longer crying, Zahrah could clearly tell the girl wasn't all warm with smiles. She just was no longer crying. The other two children looked at the pink-haired child, confused at what she meant. They could hear her clearly despite her silent voice.

Comforting~

<"Hoohoo! To be greeted by such a pretty melody! Must this be indeed the village of farewells, Shikumura? hoo~"> A pale feathered owl with a red hakama hooted. Tsusagi breathed a sigh, <"Mention the devil, so shall it appear."> squeaked the rabbit, <"Yoko-san, you are late."> The rabbit scolded, resting their face. <"My my~ How unkind--"> The owl bowed, <"However, there was a brightly-dressed girl I had to help along the way. Many snakes were curling themselves around her. She had been bitten, and collapsed along the road, hoo!"> She'd explain, before noticing something.

<"Oo..? Another alike me? Greetings!"> The owl bowed to Oden, before again another thing would catch her attention. <"Hoo, hoo, pink sure seems to be a common colour today. First that girl, Showanjo and then this human! Perhaps... This is a sign that spring may come early... Or perhaps I'll fall in love today, hoo!"> The white-feathered owl squealed. Blabbering on about superstitions.

The leporine "lady" winced at the Owl's words, <"Yoko-san, focus. It's nice to know you have eaten early today, however, bear in mind there are larger serpents to cook."> <"Tsuki-tan, that's wrong--"> <"Hush, and don't call me that. Fiore-San said that they would like to help."> Tsusagi pointed to Zahrah, the owl turned their head to look.

Turning her gaze back towards Tsusagi-san after the whirlwind that was Zahrah had left her side, she inquired tentatively. <"May I ask what you know of this village? And... what this curse of constant sadness, seems to be?">

The geisha sighed and began to talk with a more serious tone. <"I don't know much of this village's history, since I've been travelling around a lot before settling here after... After an event."> The rabbit's crimson eyes stared into Oden's, as the geisha stiffened their posture, <"However I'm quite privy on the latter. As you may have stated, this is a curse,"> Tsusagi then pointed to the partially stomped scribbles Zahrah had drawn. <"'憂える' or To grieve and lament, anxiety or suffering, whatever you would like to call it, is a curse of feasting. A serpentine demon currently feasts upon this accursed village. It had cursed our people with a mark that feasts upon our positivity... Or at least that is what I believe it is. Somehow, I remain unaffected. This includes that cat over there."> She pointed to the bob-tailed cat currently its paw. <"Nyaa~?"> He tilted his head.

<"Due to this place's lack of a place on the map, it would be quite difficult for adventurers to locate this village. As such, I have asked Yoko-san to please assist in the matter. In faith, with Yoko-san's help, the 'Ukime no Orochi' shall be slain."> Tsusagi informed.

DEPRESSIONRound3.png

Zahrah Fiore

latest

Astolfo

They weren't sure what a 'san' was, but they didn't mind being one. The owl being humble was fun as well. “<You're more than welcome, ma'am~ I'm sure you're just being humble~>” They were shocked at the next revelation. “<Those are you sisters?!? Oh my, that'd peculiar! Yes, yes, I won't step on them, not even lightly brush them! I'll keep my feet away! However, they do seem to like being pet, so wouldn't it be mean to stop doing so?>”

They were excited to hear the cat explain all sorts of fun things. “<Wooow! You're awesome! A cat, a talker and someone that knows a lot! That's like the best deal ever!”>” They were heavily impressed by the cat they'd failed to notice prior. Their Smooth Talker D would show as much.

The cat's words, however, also impressed Zahrah. “<Oh, oh, oh! You dance? Oh, you should teach me! I've been learning to dance as well, but I could use some more pointers! I'm trying to learn how to use dance to increase happiness! It's very important!>” The explanation of other words was also valuable. “<That's so cool! Male art person seems like a cool job!>”

Then they got another answer, the signs they'd written. “<Ah! So those characters are why everyone is sad! We should totally erase them!>” This mystery was far easier to solve than they figured it'd be. They turned to Oden. “<Let's go remove their sadness title characters!>” They missed only a minor detail. They had no clue how to do such a thing.

“<Yes! The gangster birds! Two are Vandal E, three are Abuser F and one is Murderer D! It's insane! I think you need to kill a fair few people to get there, or maybe someone really important! Those birds are really scary! Or maybe they are criminals turned into birds by magic!>”

They were glad their song managed to stop the child from crying, even though they still didn't seem happy. That was a shame. They clearly weren't idol enough yet. They had to idol harder, faster stronger!

Luckily enough, the newest guest seemed to like it as well. “<Oh my, thank you so much~ I'm trying my best!>” They replied in cheer, turning towards the source of the compiment. “<Oh my! To be compliment by someone as beautifully feathered as yours! To witness not one, but two magnificently feathered creations of utter beauty and grace! Truly, truly! I've been blessed!>” They added a bit of [Smooth Talker E] in there for good measure.

Anyhow, they listened to the newcomers words. “<Brightly dressed girl? That sounds fun! I think I'd like here~ Wait, snakes? Oh my, that sounds bad for happiness! Is she alright?>” Snakes weren't particularly good for a happy and healthy life. “<Pink is love, pinks is life!>” They replied to the commonality of pink being mentioned. “<Oh, falling in love is great for happiness! Feel free to fall in love with me whenever you desire!>”

Upon the mention of them wanting to help, they perked up. “<Yes, yes! I'm a Convict Converter, Solution Seeker, Mile High Club of Happiness Member, Redcliffe Contributor and Hero of Ravenswood Village and an expert in a lot of things, but above all, I'm a happiness researcher! Also, you're free to call me Zahrah~ I'm not sure what a -san is, but no need to add it or use Fiore~>”

They listened as they heard more about the mystery. “<I bet you remain unaffected because you're an Otoko Geisha and have the White Snow of the Full Moon! You do have the same characters above your name, after all, but I bet those cancel it out! I bet mister Nyaa has a similar thing!>” That said, there was one thing that bothered them. “<Do you think the gangster birds are also unaffected? Did you know that one of them is totally a murderer D? That's insane!>”

A Grade CD's (2/5)
B Grade CD's (2/3)
C Grade CD's (2/2)
D Grade CD's (0/1)
Smooth Talker D – Character Grade D, Appraisal D, Empathy D, Insight D, Performance [Acting/Singing/Dancing] D, Persuasion D, Seduction D, Energised D Languages [Common, Terran, Beastial, Sylvan, Monster, Analog] – Character combines whatever (meta)knowledge they can find out about someone with persuasive, empathic and seductive smooth-talking, acting and spoken word in an attempt to make others act according to their will. Character speaks to them in whichever (of the main) languages they are most comfortable with. - Grade D Energised – 1 Post Cooldown
E Grade CD's (0/0)
Smooth Talker E – Character Grade E, Appraisal E, Empathy E, Insight E, Performance [Acting/Singing] E, Persuasion E, Seduction E, Energised E Languages [Common, Terran, Beastial, Sylvan, Monster, Analog] – Character combines whatever (meta)knowledge they can find out about someone with persuasive, empathic and seductive smooth-talking, acting and spoken word in an attempt to make others act according to their will. Character speaks to them in whichever (of the main) languages they are most comfortable with. - Grade E Energised – 0 Post Cooldown
F Grade CD's (0/0)

Oden (#ACA9A7)

8d491482b176d554d15e03d22091dab0.jpg
Character Sheet
Faynorae Faynorae Elvario Elvario
Cooldowns:
E: 0/1
F: 0/0
<"Greetings, Yoko-san was it?"> Oden stepped towards the similarly-coloured owl after the pair's amusing little reunion. <"How fortunate it is to meet you after standing here for only a few moments. The heavens must be watching."> She shook her head in wonder before giving a kind, welcoming smile.

Retrieving the feather slotted in her shawl, she held it up against Yoko-san's frame as if to compare. Even at a glance however, the similarity between its colouring and Yoko-san's primaries was unmistakable. <"This feather is yours, is it not? Though crude of me, to track and chase down a stranger in such a manner, I purely followed your trail here in order to make your acquaintance. I hope you can overlook any offence with a benevolent heart."> Oden offered the feather back to the other with a low bow of apology. Being trailed can be unpleasant and potentially distressing for many, and she didn't want to simply overlook that crime towards someone she would like to get to know.

<"My name is Oden. With my clan scattered, I am nothing but a humble old wanderer now. But as a fellow owl, I would like to inquire if you by any chance know of the Ryozo clan?"> The old owl tilted her head with her inquiry, steadily studying the other owl's expression. <"A relative of mine, my little nephew by the name of Aoi, is one of its members, and I have travelled from afar to reunite with him again."> She continued slowly, focusing much of her attention on Yoko-san, though she cast the occasional glance towards the others as well. <"I would like to know of his locale, no matter how vague or general the information you have is.">

<"If you would like my assistance in exchange, I am more than willing to comply. Though I may be rather old and frail, I have some skill with the bow, and my once neglected talons have recently been sharpened and revitalised.">
She expressed her side of the agreement without hesitation, advertising herself without a hint of shame [Persuasion F].

<"Regardless of your answer however, I too would like to aid in slaying this Ukime no Orochi."> Oden concluded, directing the last of her words towards the one newly uncovered to be an Otoko Geisha. <"Tsusagi-san. Though I have to admit I did not perceive your true gender, you have been a kind host to me nonetheless. If you would have me, I would like to help you alongside the others."> Oden stated gently. Her rationale was a little exaggerated and flattering considering their momentary meeting, but though her reasons remained obscure, her offer of help was genuine.

<"In return, I ask you to share all you can on the demon."> The owl continued her speech without pause, as if infected by that pink-haired lady nearby. <"If you know of it's general location, or any of it's features or abilities, it would be a great help. But, not to worry if you have yet to figure out such things. With our newly combined forces, I'm sure we'll pick up on some clues."> Oden re-assured before pondering the matter, racking her brain for any old tales or cultural remnants caused by similar demons [Reminisce E].
  • Reminisce E
    • Culture E, History E
    • Oden wields her decades of knowledge to her advantage, recalling any relevant cultural norms/shifts, old tales, and historic feats that could aid in her situation.

Time: 09:10

• Character Goals:
    ???
    • ???
    • THROUGH ♡ SONG♪♫♪
    • AND ✧ DANCE!!!

Language Keys:
    • "Common"
    • <"Beastial">

They weren't sure what a 'san' was, but they didn't mind being one. The owl being humble was fun as well. “<You're more than welcome, ma'am~ I'm sure you're just being humble~>” They were shocked at the next revelation. “<Those are you sisters?!? Oh my, that'd peculiar! Yes, yes, I won't step on them, not even lightly brush them! I'll keep my feet away! However, they do seem to like being pet, so wouldn't it be mean to stop doing so?>”
Bored~

Tsusagi would've raised an eyebrow in response. <"Why so surprised?"> He'd ask, <"What would be so peculiar about my relation to them? Stranger it is to touch a person without their consent... I find it very unsafe for my sisters to interact with a person as strange as yourself, Fiore-san. Rather, I'd have them be 5 paces apart from you."> The leporine squeaked. They found it annoying that the two young rabbits were so fond of Zahrah... Perhaps Tsusagi was being a bit too apprehensive?

They were excited to hear the cat explain all sorts of fun things. “<Wooow! You're awesome! A cat, a talker and someone that knows a lot! That's like the best deal ever!”>” They were heavily impressed by the cat they'd failed to notice prior. Their Smooth Talker D would show as much.

<"Nyaan~ All cats talk!"> The cat purred, <"Some cats rather not. Some cats don't believe you'd comprehend them, nyaa! Perhaps you never tried to talk to a cat before, nyaa? Maybe they just didn't feel the need to talk back to you, nyan! I, however, enjoy talking quite a lot, nyaa!"> The cat claimed, as he rubbed his forehead. Zahrah would be able to notice the cat's two tails. Yes, this cat was indeed not an ordinary cat, as backed up by its [Fae] title alongside its [Yokai] nature. Yes, this catty creature was also quite [Chatty].

The cat's words, however, also impressed Zahrah. “<Oh, oh, oh! You dance? Oh, you should teach me! I've been learning to dance as well, but I could use some more pointers! I'm trying to learn how to use dance to increase happiness! It's very important!>” The explanation of other words was also valuable. “<That's so cool! Male art person seems like a cool job!>”

Then they got another answer, the signs they'd written. “<Ah! So those characters are why everyone is sad! We should totally erase them!>” This mystery was far easier to solve than they figured it'd be. They turned to Oden. “<Let's go remove their sadness title characters!>” They missed only a minor detail. They had no clue how to do such a thing.

“<Yes! The gangster birds! Two are Vandal E, three are Abuser F and one is Murderer D! It's insane! I think you need to kill a fair few people to get there, or maybe someone really important! Those birds are really scary! Or maybe they are criminals turned into birds by magic!>”

Tsusagi would hide his face, he was clearly a bit bashful about it, <"Teach... y- you?"> He squeaked, <"Though I would be quite glad to act as a mentor, my methods of dance and technique are incomplete... And, though I find it quite rude of me to say, I honestly do not think the style of dance would suit your character."> The leporine admitted, <"However, I do thank you kindly for your praise, Fiore-san."> He'd bow in response.

One thing did bother Tsusagi though, and that was why and how this 'human(?)' somehow knew various different things that they couldn't possibly have known in the first place. It was honestly unnerving. Who were they? <"It may be a concern then."> Tsusagi replied, <"Birds like them are known to hold grudges... So whoever they killed must've provoked them first. Either way, it would be best to get them out of the village as soon as possible. We have enough problems, we don't need criminals. Either you can work your... convict conversion magic or the cat will deal with them."> The geisha said, face still so as to not show an expression.

Luckily enough, the newest guest seemed to like it as well. “<Oh my, thank you so much~ I'm trying my best!>” They replied in cheer, turning towards the source of the compiment. “<Oh my! To be compliment by someone as beautifully feathered as yours! To witness not one, but two magnificently feathered creations of utter beauty and grace! Truly, truly! I've been blessed!>” They added a bit of [Smooth Talker E] in there for good measure.

Anyhow, they listened to the newcomers words. “<Brightly dressed girl? That sounds fun! I think I'd like here~ Wait, snakes? Oh my, that sounds bad for happiness! Is she alright?>” Snakes weren't particularly good for a happy and healthy life. “<Pink is love, pinks is life!>” They replied to the commonality of pink being mentioned. “<Oh, falling in love is great for happiness! Feel free to fall in love with me whenever you desire!>”

Upon the mention of them wanting to help, they perked up. “<Yes, yes! I'm a Convict Converter, Solution Seeker, Mile High Club of Happiness Member, Redcliffe Contributor and Hero of Ravenswood Village and an expert in a lot of things, but above all, I'm a happiness researcher! Also, you're free to call me Zahrah~ I'm not sure what a -san is, but no need to add it or use Fiore~>”

Yoko was caught off-guard by being complimented for her feathers. Yes, it was quite an odd sensation. <"Hoo hoo! To be told of my supposed beauty and grace? How kind, although I must say you do exaggerate it a bit."> Bashfully, the white-feathered owl covered her beak with her sleeve. It was quite obvious, but they were indeed a [Beast] of the owl variety. Another thing inherently shown by their attire was that Yoko was supposedly a [Priestess] of some kind.

<"The girl was indeed alright, despite how weak she appeared, she seemed to recover quite quickly."> The priestess replied, again, she was quite caught off guard by Zahrah's words. Being flirted with? Ah! What a lovely thing, perhaps it was the weather of spring? Oh, but however, <"Hoho~ Enticing may be the offer, Fiore-san. Alas, though unrequited it may be, my heart belongs to another!"> The owl proudly proclaimed. Tsusagi gave quite the concerned side-eye.

<"Hoo?"> The owl hooted <"I see... 'San' is simply an honorific to show respect. I could call you by your name, but it would feel in impolite to leave out the suffix, hoo,"> Yoko stated, <"However, it is wonderful to know that I have the help of a hero on my side. It is my pleasure to meet you, my name is Yoko, a priestess of the Ryozo Clan."> The owl introduced a slight chipperness in their voice.

<"Greetings, Yoko-san was it?"> Oden stepped towards the similarly-coloured owl after the pair's amusing little reunion. <"How fortunate it is to meet you after standing here for only a few moments. The heavens must be watching."> She shook her head in wonder before giving a kind, welcoming smile.

Retrieving the feather slotted in her shawl, she held it up against Yoko-san's frame as if to compare. Even at a glance however, the similarity between its colouring and Yoko-san's primaries was unmistakable. <"This feather is yours, is it not? Though crude of me, to track and chase down a stranger in such a manner, I purely followed your trail here in order to make your acquaintance. I hope you can overlook any offence with a benevolent heart."> Oden offered the feather back to the other with a low bow of apology. Being trailed can be unpleasant and potentially distressing for many, and she didn't want to simply overlook that crime towards someone she would like to get to know.

<"Good morning to you, it is indeed."> She'd affirm Oden, <"Hoohoo! My, what kind words... However, I don't assume we've met before have we?"> Yoko would ask before tilting her head slightly, unsure of what Oden meant at first. However, Yoko would feel informed after seeing Oden bring a very familiar feather toward her. <"How embarrassing of me! I do apologise,"> Yoko bowed, <"Hoo, perhaps I shouldn't apologise since it allowed us to meet, however, I do not take any offence."> She affirmed, she sounded quite bashful about it.

<"My name is Oden. With my clan scattered, I am nothing but a humble old wanderer now. But as a fellow owl, I would like to inquire if you by any chance know of the Ryozo clan?"> The old owl tilted her head with her inquiry, steadily studying the other owl's expression. <"A relative of mine, my little nephew by the name of Aoi, is one of its members, and I have travelled from afar to reunite with him again."> She continued slowly, focusing much of her attention on Yoko-san, though she cast the occasional glance towards the others as well. <"I would like to know of his locale, no matter how vague or general the information you have is.">

<"If you would like my assistance in exchange, I am more than willing to comply. Though I may be rather old and frail, I have some skill with the bow, and my once neglected talons have recently been sharpened and revitalised.">
She expressed her side of the agreement without hesitation, advertising herself without a hint of shame [Persuasion F].

<"Hoohoo! A pleasure it is to meet you, Oden-san, I am indeed quite familiar with the Ryozo clan. I am a priestess from it."> Yoko was quite surprised to come and have met with someone who knew of the Ryozo clan, it was a pleasant surprise. <"Aoi..? Hmm... I cannot say that I have made his acquaintance, after all, I don't consider myself very well with young ones,"> Yoko hooted, <"However! That does not eliminate the possibility of your nephew being within our settlement."> The priestess would say, her tone quite friendly.

<"I would love to lead you to where we're located, however, right now may not be the best of times as I am currently here as of the request of Tsuki-tan, hoo~"> <"I said don't call me that."> <"Although I would be glad to take you there upon wrapping up here in Shikumura, hoohoo~"> Yoko would state, Oden mentioning her skill with the bow caught the attention of the geisha for a moment, although she did try hiding it.

<"Regardless of your answer however, I too would like to aid in slaying this Ukime no Orochi."> Oden concluded, directing the last of her words towards the one newly uncovered to be an Otoko Geisha. <"Tsusagi-san. Though I have to admit I did not perceive your true gender, you have been a kind host to me nonetheless. If you would have me, I would like to help you alongside the others."> Oden stated gently. Her rationale was a little exaggerated and flattering considering their momentary meeting, but though her reasons remained obscure, her offer of help was genuine.

<"Thank you ever so kindly, Oden-san."> Tsusagi bowed to show his gratitude, <"I, myself, must apologise, it was not my intention to cause confusion in the first place. Perhaps I should've worn something more appropriate in the first place. However, we need all the help we can get."> She'd squeak, resting her face. <"Although I would like to help myself, the only weapon I possess is quite damaged. So I shall do my best to aid in other means.">

<"In return, I ask you to share all you can on the demon."> The owl continued her speech without pause, as if infected by that pink-haired lady nearby. <"If you know of it's general location, or any of it's features or abilities, it would be a great help. But, not to worry if you have yet to figure out such things. With our newly combined forces, I'm sure we'll pick up on some clues."> Oden re-assured before pondering the matter, racking her brain for any old tales or cultural remnants caused by similar demons [Reminisce E].

<"I do not particularly know wherefore the serpent lays. However, I do know of a plan to lure it here. However, if it may help, the serpent is roughly as long as two houses or less. It does not possess scales... It has a pitch black 'skin' seemingly similar in texture to that of a jellyfish which glows in dark blueish green. The creature also has many eyes... It's quite an eye-catching creature, truth be told."> The rabbit explained, her face wincing while thinking of it.

Oden's reminiscence would allow her to recall an old folk tale, recounting the story of a very similar creature. An old someone once came upon a sad snake with 24 eyes, the snake was sad because it was lonely and envious of the other animals who had friends. Pitying the snake, the someone lead the snake to a village of people in which the someone resided. The snake visited every day, becoming larger and larger while the village folks became melancholic and miserable.

The village folks blamed the snake and tried to kill it with spears and hoes, however, getting close to the snake would terribly injure the villagers. Offended by the villagers' sudden aggression, the snake had decided to eat all the people except for the someone who lead it there. The snake left only empty houses and the man behind and would never visit the village ever again. This story's relation to this situation and whether the snake and the Ukime no Orochi were the same was up for debate, however.

They listened as they heard more about the mystery. “<I bet you remain unaffected because you're an Otoko Geisha and have the White Snow of the Full Moon! You do have the same characters above your name, after all, but I bet those cancel it out! I bet mister Nyaa has a similar thing!>” That said, there was one thing that bothered them. “<Do you think the gangster birds are also unaffected? Did you know that one of them is totally a murderer D? That's insane!>”

<"I doubt that, Fiore-San. However, I do suspect it may have something to do with the psyche... I feel as though I've become numb to being so down. Simply, I am too tired of it to keep myself in such a state."> He'd inform. Ignoring how Zahrah repeated the issue of those 'gangster birds,' <"Those ravens were absent when the monster had put its plague upon the village, so I doubt they even have the mark in the first place."> Tsusagi stated.

DEPRESSIONRound4.png

Tsusagi's ear twitched. as he'd turn his head west of him. <"Huh?"> He'd squeak, squinting his eyes as he'd look in that direction. <"Nyaan~ What is it?"> The cat meowed, <"... Don't you hear it?"> The geisha raised an eyebrow, <"I hear quite a... rumbunctious noise headed this way. Although, I'd say that the thing beside me is much more rumbunctious than whatever it is I'm hearing... I don't think I can handle anoth--"> Tsusagi was cut off.
"HEY NOW...!"

<"...Another loud mouth."> He'd finish his sentence.

Yes, a rather loud and shrill voice would very clearly make its presence known as a pink-haired twin-tailed girl ran toward them at a remarkably average speed. With hair fluttering in the wind, the ends of her twintails seemingly faded into and became a part of the air. Yes, this 'girl' was none other than...

What were you expecting...?

• Yes, Ophenia was travelling through Kuridan in order to make it to Ryken. If she had the coin, she would have just taken a portal instead, however, Ophenia is a poor poor musician... Oh? But what was an airheaded sylph like her doing here? Ah yes! Earlier, while walking along the path Ophenia spotted a snake that seemed hurt and despite her high cognitive empathy but probably due to her lack of insight or animal handling, was bitten while intending to help it.

She would have most likely become a polyp early in her life if not for the benevolent Owl who chased away the snakes and made sure that Ophenia was okay. Before the sylph could formally thank her, however, the Owl was already gone.

No, we're here. Huffing and puffing with airy breaths, Ophenia shot up with a cheery smile. "Ah! Miss, I apologise for running up to you like this... but!" Ophenia began to walk up to Yok- N... No. Wait, she's walking up to the other Owl. Oden. Gently, she held Oden's wings/hands gently shaking them, "I must sincerely thank you from the bottom and top of my heart, Miss Owl!" The sylph proclaimed, with a smiling face.

The resonator exuded a warming yellow hue, glittering with Ophenia's content. Yoko looked at the sylphid nervously, <"U- Uh... Hoo, excuse me... But I am sure that I was the one that--"> The owl hooted, however Ophenia's lack of intellectual capability and inability to speak [Beastial] made this fall on deaf pointy ears. However, Ophenia did notice... The mass of people.

Her face reddened in embarrassment, as she backed up a bit. "My oh my... Why is the mood so... dreary?" Ophenia'd ask, however, most folks here didn't speak common and those that did were either not saying anything or were too distracted by Ophenia's showy get-up. <"... Okay, this one has to be a courtesan of sorts, right?"> Tsusagi squeaked, <"Fae just usually dress that way, nyaaa~!"> The cat meowed, <"The fae have strange taste in garments."> <"That's a fae? How could you tell?!"> Hooted Yoko, to which the rabbit gave a disapproving stare. <"Yoko, pointy ears, glittering skin... Her eyes don't have pupils... She's so thin that I could probably snap her arms in two."> Tsusagi emphasized.

While Ophenia couldn't make eyes or marbles out of what the beast-folk were saying, the resonator began dimming into a deep blue. Her mood was slowly starting to match that of the town. After all, she was quite quick to change moods based on how others felt... However, that wasn't right! Ophenia had a job to do, and that was to uplift all heavy hearts and warm them to smiles and laughter!

"My oh my, how embarrassing it is for me to be like this upon our first meeting, It'd be better if I introduce myself and thank you properly right~?" Ophenia began, raising her hand and with a twirl, she snapped her fingers. Gleaming white, with sparkling light, shined the resonator briefly as through her [Holography]. would appear behind her a heart-shaped hologram-like image, flashing and glittering with large letters on it.

"Now presenting..." Efflorescently, Ophenia turned to the 'crowd,' smiled and then winked. "Tadah~! Du~☆ Couer~♡ Pur~! Ophenia♫ Guided by the whirling winds and gales of song, I, the eternally full-bloom anemone, a [Sylph] and travelling [Chanteuse] and the agent of peace, love and happiness!" Ophenia claimed as she'd clasp together her hands and press them against her chest. "Through song and dance, I shall warm your heart until it becomes all smiles and happiness! With love and gentleness~♫" She'd add. stretching out her shimmering hands.

<"Why's it so bright, wanwan!?"> The small wolf-eared girl barked. <"So loud! Wahh--"> Cried the monkey-tailed boy. The younger rabbit girl didn't even stare, she seemed quite out of it.

DEPRESSIONRound4-2.png

Zahrah Fiore

latest

Astolfo

“<Of course I'm surprised~ I'm totally not used to a world where people are as diverse as they are here and now you're even related to such adorable bunnies! I can't even keep my databases properly updated with all this new information! However, however! I would dare say I have their consent! See, see? They like it! Even if they can not talk, I'd say this is a clear sign of of it!>” They pointed at the bunnies as they were purring. For them to be 5 paces apart, how terrible! “<You don't have to be seen mean! Like I said, if you're jealous, all you have to do is ask and I'll pet you as much as you want~>”

The cat had a rather shocking revelation. “<All of them..? No, no, I bet it's just the Yokai ones! Whatever a Yokai is... I mean, I saw humanoid cats and all that, but I'm fairly confident I saw cat-cats as well! Cat-cats that didn't talk at all, truly! Anyhow, I'm glad you do! It's a lot more fun that way, isn't it? No I can finally ask the big questions! For one, is it true that you have nine lives? Second, is it true that you always land on your feet? Third, is it true that black cats bring bad luck? And finally, is it true that your kind is secretly plotting to one day eliminate all humanoid beings and take over the world?>” Yes, yes, those were the four big 'cat' questions they'd been meaning to ask for the longest time! Now that they found a talking cat like this, it'd finally be resolved! What an utmost wonderful day it was!

They felt a bit insulted by Tsusagi. “<I'll have you know that I'm a pretty great actor! My style of character can change depending on what's needed! I can assure you, I can match style and character! Yes, yes!>” They were a little surprised to be thanked afterwards. “<There is no need to thank me, I'm just giving praise where praise is due~>”

“<To provoke some birds into being murdered by them? That's pretty peculiar~ I wonder just how mean they must've been to those birds, in that case! I can go and talk to the birds, if you'd want me to! Once we get thing sorted out there~ I'd like to know what got them to murder someone now! I wonder if I'd make for a good detective... I don't think I would, but I bet miss Oden would! Right, miss?>”

That's when the other owl replied, which shocked them. “<Exaggerate? Why would I do that! There's no need to do so when I can just be honest~>” Still, their heart belonging to another... that sounded rather gruesome. Were they involved with some secret organ trade? No, something felt off. What was it again..? “<Oh, right! That's what people say when they're in love with someone! Not a black-market organ deal!>” They triumphantly proclaimed after they figured it out. “<That's great for you, miss, I wish you all the luck and happiness in the world! If I can ever help make your love become requited, I'll do what I can! After all, unrequited love is bad for happiness whilst requited love is good for happiness!>”

They were learning more and more. San being an honorific? “<That sounds pretty cool~ You don't have to respect me though, miss-san!>” They wondered if they were using it right. “<I don't care much for politeness, so long as everyone is happy~>” They weren't sure what the Ryozo clan was, but that didn't matter too much.

It was surprising to hear the topic return to a snake. A long snake, without scales, but with many eyes. “<Wooow... I scaleless snake as long as two houses with pitch black jelly skin and many eyes? That sound like it slithered straight out of a horror movie!>” They had no clue what to make of the part about being too tired to feel down, so they decided to ignore it for now.

That's when someone really fun-looking entered the scene! They watched from Ophenia to the others and back again, tilting their head as they wondered why their conversation was so weird. It was almost as if they didn't really understand each-other? How peculiar! However, they were was one thing they learned something about! “<Oh, oh, I know that one! Fae often don't even dress at all! I heard lots of them have a nudity policy like it's nothing! So perhaps this one is overdressed instead!>” Yes, this girl was quite the exceptional one, being so overly dressed for a Fae!

After that, however, the girl introduced herself in a really awesome manner. Zahrah gleefully clapped their hands together. “That was amazing! Whoo! Oh, oh, let me try that as well!” They stepped back from the group to strike a random dramatic pose. “Behold! It is I! Proud member of the Mile High Club of Happiness, Redcliffe Contributor, Convict Converter, Solution Seeker and Hero of Ravenswood Village! Expert at Empathy, Psychology, Performance, Sophistry and Seduction! Most of all, a happiness research! Zahrah Fiore!” They made a deep theatrical bow. “How was that, miss, what did you think? I couldn't do the light thing, but did it work otherwise? Did I do it well?” They eagerly asked Ophenia for her feedback.

“By the way, you shouldn't mind what the others are saying! You're beautiful and perfect the way you are! There's no problems with being thin or underdressed so long as you're healthy and keeping things appropriate for all ages! Also, also, as an agent of happiness, I'm sure you must be like, the most amazing epic person I've encountered so far! So whatever they say, it's nothing to worry about! Yes, yes! I bet someone like you could help out this place like it's nobody's business! Oh! Oh! I can fill you in on what's going on.” They spoke with a fair bit of [Smooth Talker C] thrown in there.

That's when it was time to get down to business. “Alright! Here I go! A crash course into the situation of this village. First of all! The ravens exists of two that are Vandal E, three that are Abuser F and one that is Murderer D! They're quite the gangsters! Either I'll try to convert them, or the cat will get rid of them. Secondly, most people here have these weird tokens to them due to a curse by a snake without scales that's as long as two houses and has many eyes! It's soaking up their happiness, which is terrible! Thirdly, these two gorgeous owls, in their infinite wisdom, are here to help rid this town of the mean snake, so that people can become happy again! Fourthly, This man is an Otoko Geisha and White Snow of the Full Moon person and even a Ruffian, he's also related to these adorable bunnies! Fifthly, the Yokai cat can speak and he's a fun dude to talk with, I think! That should cover all you need to know!” They were very pleased with their thorough, yet quick summary of everything relevant to this village.

“Now, miss Du Couer Pur Ophenia, with our powers combined, guided by the wisdom of the owls, let us wash away this town's sorrow and sadness and drown it in happiness instead! Hey, hey ho!” Yes, it was true! This had to be destiny. Their pinkness together would rule the world! Or something along those lines.

A Grade CD's (3/5)
B Grade CD's (3/3)
C Grade CD's (0/2)
Smooth Talker C – Character Grade C, Appraisal C, Empathy C, Insight C, Performance [Acting/Singing/Dancing/Spoken Word] C, Persuasion C, Seduction C, Energised C Languages [Common, Terran, Beastial, Sylvan, Monster, Analog] – Character combines whatever (meta)knowledge they can find out about someone with persuasive, empathic and seductive smooth-talking, acting and spoken word in an attempt to make others act according to their will. Character speaks to them in whichever (of the main) languages they are most comfortable with. - Grade C Energised – 2 Post Cooldown
D Grade CD's (1/1)
E Grade CD's (0/0)
F Grade CD's (0/0)

Last edited:
Oden (#ACA9A7)
8d491482b176d554d15e03d22091dab0.jpg

Character Sheet
Faynorae Faynorae Elvario Elvario
Cooldowns:
E: 1/1
F: Ready
Oden was visibly overjoyed by Yoko's invitation, her amber eyes crinkling into crescents as her feathers puffed up. She was genuinely ecstatic. Following the trail of a rogue owl all the way here felt like nothing but a wild goose chase, with Oden silently holding little hope for success in her queries despite shooting her shot anyway. <"Wonderful, wonderful. I will gladly take you up on that offer."> She beamed, feeling renewed with a determination to put her all into solving Shikimura's dilemma.

Tsusagi's little jolt did not escape Oden't notice amidst all her happiness. She pondered why he would react in such a way when advertising her capabilities, and silently mused over the skills she had previously mentioned.

However, Tsusagi's consequent words about 'wearing something more appropriate' immediately made her smile vanish. <"Appropriate? Don't think in such a way, I was merely surprised is all. You look wonderful as is, not to worry."> Oden immediately cut in, wanting to correct the need for such an apology decisively. To have someone apologize to her for such a thing... Oden had never been a fan of those that stifled others' creativity and outer expressions.

<"Damaged? If it is a bow, I could have a look. Otherwise, you could use mine whilst I fight on the frontlines-"> Oden offered before halting suddenly, realizing she had just offered to lend Steeled Sky to a stranger. It was not that the bow was particularly incredible, but as an old memento that held many memories... the old owl felt conflicted. She restrained her thoughts and did not retract her offer in the end however, instead acting as if nothing was amiss.

Tsusagi's description of the demon caused Oden to muse for a moment, before muttering a few potentially useful thoughts out loud. <"The lack of scales could prove beneficial to us, but it could also be a mere guise for tougher skin. Many eyes... it will be tough to launch surprise attacks on such a creature. However...">

<"Hmm... what do you think of the possibility of fighting at night? Its many eyes denotes a high reliance on its sight, does it not? With glowing skin, we should be able to make out its form fine in the darkness, but it wouldn't be able to see us nearly as well. Additionally, as owlfolk, Yoko-san and I would be able to see fine regardless.">
By altering the battlefield's environment, Oden offered a potential way to force the scales of the fight in their favour.

A battle's outcome was always frighteningly dependent on chance. But with the right strategy, they could minimize the unfavourable outcomes as much as possible. Though she was never the primary tactician of her clan, she was at least privy to some things over the years.

<"Now that you mention it, your description does sound a little familiar. An old folk tale recounts a similar creature. A lonely snake with 24 eyes that was envious of those with friends and companionship. A kind soul once led the snake to a village, with the creature visiting every single day, causing it to grow in size whilst the village folk grew more and more miserable. Blaming the snake, the villagers attempted to slay the creature with spears and hoes, however, getting too close to the creature would terribly injure them. Offended, the snake consumed all the villagers apart from the soul that had led the snake there in the first place, before departing the village and never setting foot inside again."> Oden elaborated on the tale that she had recalled, before shaking her head. <"Though they sound similar at a glance, it would not be good to trust an old folk tale too much. Just thought I'd mention."

Oden had grown accustomed to somewhat zoning out Zahrah's voice in the back of her head. However, as her name was mentioned, she still gently turned to face the woman and try her best to follow along and make sense of what she was saying. <"I would not make a good detective, all I have is some knowledge on culture and history. I feel that you, however, may have the skills to attain whatever information you wish. If you grow tired of your pursuit as a researcher of happiness, perhaps becoming a detective may become a calling for you."> The old owl chuckled with an encouraging smile.

Oden was not completely oblivious to the things Zahrah had been saying. With Tsusagi not refuting her claims, the owl had realized Zahrah had not been uttering complete nonsense, and had some strange means towards gathering unseen information. Though fearful of that revelation, especially as she seemed to spill all sorts of secrets without a second thought, it was true that Zahrah seemed someone that meant well. Still, due to how dangerous she was, Oden thought it best to keep her at arms-length. Or farther if possible, for her pitiful ears.
---

Suddenly, another shrill voice cut through the air, with Oden's heightened hearing senses truly unable to catch a break today. The long pink-haired fae fluttered over to them, out-of-breath, before suddenly taking her hands in gratitude and shaking them with twinkling eyes. Amused, the old owl responded back in the common tongue, gently correcting the stranger. "You are mistaken, miss. It was not I who saved you, but my fellow owlfolk Yoko-san over there. Do share your gratitude with her, and do not mind the language barrier. I do not mind playing the role of a translator temporarily." The old owl smiled with twinkling eyes, warmed by the show of gratitude even if it was not directed towards her.

By the time she had responded to her however, the fae had already begun a sudden show of song and dance, using some sort of magic to create an additional picture of sorts behind her as well. Oden felt a strange sense of deja vu, casting a glance towards Zahrah. Although their differing racial traits made it difficult to think they were sisters, she couldn't help but ponder if they had potentially grown up together.

The monkey-tailed boy's cry drew the owl back to reality, as she gently hugged the little boy with puffed up feathers and covered his ears, before turning back to watch Ophenia's performance. A complete one-man show. Oden marvelled, amazed at how put together the entire performance was despite how impromptu it was. The fae was truly talented.

As the show continued to be performed, Zahrah seemed inspired, giving her own introduction with a flair and explaining the entire village's situation to the performing fae. Oden felt as if she was watching two fated people finally collide, and felt it was nice to see little Zahrah so excited. But at the same time, she feared for her sanity if they truly hit it off and continued to talk all the way until the demon was dealt with.

Last edited:

Time: 09:10

• Character Goals:
    "Du Couer Pur" Ophenia ( Faynorae Faynorae )​
    • Step of two concert with Zahrah or more♪
    • Make the village of Shikumura happy again♫
    • Avoid killing or hurting the serpent♪
    • THROUGH ♡ SONG♪♫♪
    • AND ✧ DANCE!!!

Language Keys:
    • "Common"
    • <"Beastial">

“<Of course I'm surprised~ I'm totally not used to a world where people are as diverse as they are here and now you're even related to such adorable bunnies! I can't even keep my databases properly updated with all this new information! However, however! I would dare say I have their consent! See, see? They like it! Even if they can not talk, I'd say this is a clear sign of of it!>” They pointed at the bunnies as they were purring. For them to be 5 paces apart, how terrible! “<You don't have to be seen mean! Like I said, if you're jealous, all you have to do is ask and I'll pet you as much as you want~>”

The geisha couldn't help but flinch a slight bit at Zahrah's words. <"Pardon...?"> He'd stare at Zahrah, eyes squinting while he tried to evaluate what they said. <"Are you suggesting that you are not originally from this world?"> The leporine asked, now realising from Zahrah's words that they may not particularly be a regular human. Something about a database... The leporine scoffed. A construct? <"Ridiculous. I'd rather you refrain from touching me in the slightest, I ask. Despite their content, if you show them too much affection, they'll grow spoiled and weak."> He'd state, though Tsusagi's face was kept still his furrowed brows showed his distaste.

The cat had a rather shocking revelation. “<All of them..? No, no, I bet it's just the Yokai ones! Whatever a Yokai is... I mean, I saw humanoid cats and all that, but I'm fairly confident I saw cat-cats as well! Cat-cats that didn't talk at all, truly! Anyhow, I'm glad you do! It's a lot more fun that way, isn't it? No, I can finally ask the big questions! For one, is it true that you have nine lives? Second, is it true that you always land on your feet? Third, is it true that black cats bring bad luck? And finally, is it true that your kind is secretly plotting to one day eliminate all humanoid beings and take over the world?>” Yes, yes, those were the four big 'cat' questions they'd been meaning to ask for the longest time! Now that they found a talking cat like this, it'd finally be resolved! What an utmost wonderful day it was!

<"Nyaaan~! All cats talk, nya! Mayhaps the ones you talked to weren't old enough yet, or they simply didn't like you nyaan~!"> The cat affirmed himself, <"Mayhaps? Do you, nyaa? Mayhaps cats just have an easier time avoiding it, nyaan~ I would not know, nya! Haven't died! Yet, nyaan~"> The cat stretched his body, seemingly yawning before answering Zahrah's questions further. <"I do, nyaa~ It is much harder to do while wet, nyaan~!"> The cat meowed, <"Black cats do not, nyaan~ Depends on where you're asking from. Black is a colour of enlightenment. Thus, black cats are much wiser... Or not. Nya~"> The bob-tailed feline tilted his head in regards to Zahrah's next question. A clueless smile plastered his face. <"Now who has time for such a silly endeavour, nyan~?"> The cat would ask, licking his paw. He seemed very uninterested in that topic.

They felt a bit insulted by Tsusagi. “<I'll have you know that I'm a pretty great actor! My style of character can change depending on what's needed! I can assure you, I can match style and character! Yes, yes!>” They were a little surprised to be thanked afterwards. “<There is no need to thank me, I'm just giving praise where praise is due~>”

Tsusagi raised an eyebrow. That was indeed a great skill to have, <"That be so? Consider myself surprised. I apologise for underestimating your capabilities, Fiore-san."> The rabbit would bow slightly, <"Perhaps I'd have time to spare after the serpent is dealt with. Mayhaps I'd give you a discount on training fees if it goes smoothly."> The geisha smiled at Zahrah gently. Despite genuinely believing that Zahrah can indeed do what they say could, it was clear that this smile was fake.

Oden was visibly overjoyed by Yoko's invitation, her amber eyes crinkling into crescents as her feathers puffed up. She was genuinely ecstatic. Following the trail of a rogue owl all the way here felt like nothing but a wild goose chase, with Oden silently holding little hope for success in her queries despite shooting her shot anyway. <"Wonderful, wonderful. I will gladly take you up on that offer."> She beamed, feeling renewed with a determination to put her all into solving Shikimura's dilemma.
That's when the other owl replied, which shocked them. “<Exaggerate? Why would I do that! There's no need to do so when I can just be honest~>” Still, their heart belonging to another... that sounded rather gruesome. Were they involved with some secret organ trade? No, something felt off. What was it again..? “<Oh, right! That's what people say when they're in love with someone! Not a black-market organ deal!>” They triumphantly proclaimed after they figured it out. “<That's great for you, miss, I wish you all the luck and happiness in the world! If I can ever help make your love become requited, I'll do what I can! After all, unrequited love is bad for happiness whilst requited love is good for happiness!>”

They were learning more and more. San being an honorific? “<That sounds pretty cool~ You don't have to respect me though, miss-san!>” They wondered if they were using it right. “<I don't care much for politeness, so long as everyone is happy~>” They weren't sure what the Ryozo clan was, but that didn't matter too much.

Yoko smiled, or well, tried to show it on her bird face that lacked the facial muscles to really show any actual expression. She'd nod to Oden, reassuring her that she would keep her promise. She'd then turn to Zahrah,

<"Hoo? If that is so, it is so lovely of you to think so highly of my appearance upon our first meeting. I simply did not mean to come off as big-headed, oho~"> The owl would claim, with a thankful tone. Zahrah's next statement would not fail to make the priestess laugh, despite that potentially not being the intended result. <"Hoohoo~ Black-market organ deal? Oho! You are much correct Zahrah-san, I do mean to say I am in love. I appreciate your thoughts,"> She'd state, covering her beak with her feathery wings for a moment. <"I would gladly take you up on that offer another time, Zahrah-san."> Yoko nodded.

At this point, despite lacking the insight to realise that Ophenia was a fae, Yoko would quite quickly catch onto Zahrah's shtick. They wanted people to be happy and seemed like they would do anything to make others happy as long as it didn't cause significantly more people to become unhappy. <"Ohoho~ Perhaps you do not care for politeness, Zahrah-san. If the latter is true, however, it'd make me quite content if you'd let me call you 'Zahrah-san' until I feel comfortable with calling you something else. Hoohoo~"> She'd hoot. Zahrah would likely possess the intuition to tell what Yoko was doing, however, they'd also find they weren't particularly lying in their statement.

Tsusagi's little jolt did not escape Oden't notice amidst all her happiness. She pondered why he would react in such a way when advertising her capabilities, and silently mused over the skills she had previously mentioned.

However, Tsusagi's consequent words about 'wearing something more appropriate' immediately made her smile vanish. <"Appropriate? Don't think in such a way, I was merely surprised is all. You look wonderful as is, not to worry."> Oden immediately cut in, wanting to correct the need for such an apology decisively. To have someone apologize to her for such a thing... Oden had never been a fan of those that stifled others' creativity and outer expressions.

<"Damaged? If it is a bow, I could have a look. Otherwise, you could use mine whilst I fight on the frontlines-"> Oden offered before halting suddenly, realizing she had just offered to lend Steeled Sky to a stranger. It was not that the bow was particularly incredible, but as an old memento that held many memories... the old owl felt conflicted. She restrained her thoughts and did not retract her offer in the end however, instead acting as if nothing was amiss.

<"Oh-- Is that so?"> Tsusagi would state, slightly smiling. <"Perhaps I am but quick to apologise. I must thank you for thinking that way."> The geisha bowed with gratitude. Besides that, however, the leporine would show a slight hesitance to respond when it came to Oden's second statement. Swallowing that, the geisha solemnly sighed. <"Indeed, it is a bow..."> Despite their slightly brightening eyes, there was a hint of discomfort in the matter. <"Although I appreciate the thought, I do not agree with using another's weapon. After all, I had my own and as of now, it is a bit... Yes. I do not trust myself with another's if I cannot care for my own."> Tsusagi stated.

<"However... I would not feel invaded to have you see if you could perhaps mend it, even if slightly. I would not be able to convey my gratitude if you do somehow repair it."> He'd add, with lips slightly smiling.

Tsusagi's description of the demon caused Oden to muse for a moment, before muttering a few potentially useful thoughts out loud. <"The lack of scales could prove beneficial to us, but it could also be a mere guise for tougher skin. Many eyes... it will be tough to launch surprise attacks on such a creature. However...">

<"Hmm... what do you think of the possibility of fighting at night? Its many eyes denotes a high reliance on its sight, does it not? With glowing skin, we should be able to make out its form fine in the darkness, but it wouldn't be able to see us nearly as well. Additionally, as owlfolk, Yoko-san and I would be able to see fine regardless.">
By altering the battlefield's environment, Oden offered a potential way to force the scales of the fight in their favour.

<"My my, Oden-San, you're quite the thinker, aren't you?"> The other owl would praise, <"...Unalike to you."> Commented Tsusagi while he covered his mouth, and faked a cough as Yoko stared with unimpressed eyes. <"Your thoughts seem sound... Planning to attack it during the night shall surely act as an advantage for us,"> He'd nod, <"That shall be our plan of attack then. However, while we await the rising of the moon, mayhaps it would be best if we prepare."> The geisha would state.

<"Now that you mention it, your description does sound a little familiar. An old folk tale recounts a similar creature. A lonely snake with 24 eyes that was envious of those with friends and companionship. A kind soul once led the snake to a village, with the creature visiting every single day, causing it to grow in size whilst the village folk grew more and more miserable. Blaming the snake, the villagers attempted to slay the creature with spears and hoes, however, getting too close to the creature would terribly injure them. Offended, the snake consumed all the villagers apart from the soul that had led the snake there in the first place, before departing the village and never setting foot inside again."> Oden elaborated on the tale that she had recalled, before shaking her head. <"Though they sound similar at a glance, it would not be good to trust an old folk tale too much. Just thought I'd mention."

<"Huh?"> Tsusagi squeaked, as he'd listen to the story Oden would tell. <"Hoohoo~? A snake with 24 eyes..."> Yoko shuddered as she seemingly thought of such a thing. The rabbit would rest his hands, <"Despite it being an old folk's tale, it could have some truth. Stories are often made up from either imagination or from past experiences... If we were to take into account the appearance of the serpent, it indeed does hold a similar visage to a jellyfish. From experience, skin contact with a jellyfish is quite unpleasant. Thus it may be something well to keep in mind."> The rabbit theorised.[/justify]

All the strategy talk would come to a momentary halt with the appearance of another loud and bubbly pink-haired eccentric. Tsusagi stared with a stone-cold face, suppressing the urge to stomp his foot into the floor instinctually as a response to all the loud noise. Yoko stared awe-struck, the owl had a fondness for performances of all types. She didn't appreciate Ophenia's earlier actions, however... One of the cat's ears twitched, while he'd lick the base of his tail, seemingly disinterested in the fae's performance.

That's when someone really fun-looking entered the scene! They watched from Ophenia to the others and back again, tilting their head as they wondered why their conversation was so weird. It was almost as if they didn't really understand each-other? How peculiar! However, they were was one thing they learned something about! “<Oh, oh, I know that one! Fae often don't even dress at all! I heard lots of them have a nudity policy like it's nothing! So perhaps this one is overdressed instead!>” Yes, this girl was quite the exceptional one, being so overly dressed for a Fae!

The geisha raised an eyebrow at this statement. <"... I see."> The leporine's expression didn't change, but there was a slight disappointment of sorts in his voice. <"Hoohoo! So the fae are above clothing as well? Quite pompous, aren't they...?"> <"Bright in magic. Bold with nary clothes..."> Yoko commented while Tsusagi mused.

DEPRESSIONRound5-1.png

Innocence and dreams.

• Suddenly, another shrill voice cut through the air, with Oden's heightened hearing senses truly unable to catch a break today. The long pink-haired fae fluttered over to them, out-of-breath, before suddenly taking her hands in gratitude and shaking them with twinkling eyes. Amused, the old owl responded back in the common tongue, gently correcting the stranger. "You are mistaken, miss. It was not I who saved you, but my fellow owlfolk Yoko-san over there. Do share your gratitude with her, and do not mind the language barrier. I do not mind playing the role of a translator temporarily." The old owl smiled with twinkling eyes, warmed by the show of gratitude even if it was not directed towards her.
    "H- heh?" Ophenia let leave her as her magical illusion would flicker before sparkling into a speck of light before becoming nothing. This wasn't the owl that had nursed her? Surprised, as Ophenia's widened the resonator hovering beside shocked into a sky-blue shade. Ophenia bowed for a moment to express her apology, it wasn't because she knew it was customary here, but because it was just something that was habitual to her... From somewhere else. When did she start doing such a thing?

"Ah! I apologise Miss Owl!" Spewed from Ophenia's mouth as she'd quickly turn to the other owl. "I apologise to you too, other Miss Owl! Mayhaps it made me appear big-headed... Ah♫! But I also really wanted to thank you!☆" Ophenia first glumly apologised, and with the now yell shine of the resonator beside her, would gleefully thank Yoko. <"O- Oh... I see. You are very much welcome young miss."> Yoko did her best to sound friendly, but all Ophenia would hear is a hoot.

However, Ophenia could sense the Owl's gladness. The sylph smiled sweetly, her face sparkling with cheer. However, she could only ignore the gloomy town for so long...

After that, however, the girl introduced herself in a really awesome manner. Zahrah gleefully clapped their hands together. “That was amazing! Whoo! Oh, oh, let me try that as well!” They stepped back from the group to strike a random dramatic pose. “Behold! It is I! Proud member of the Mile High Club of Happiness, Redcliffe Contributor, Convict Converter, Solution Seeker and Hero of Ravenswood Village! Expert at Empathy, Psychology, Performance, Sophistry and Seduction! Most of all, a happiness research! Zahrah Fiore!” They made a deep theatrical bow. “How was that, miss, what did you think? I couldn't do the light thing, but did it work otherwise? Did I do it well?” They eagerly asked Ophenia for her feedback.

Ophenia's eyes would sparkle as she bore witness to Zahrah's performance, the yellow glowing brighter and brighter as she'd continue to listen. The sylph couldn't help but squeal... Much to the dismay of the animal folk's ears. "Me oh my♫ A performer psychologistic sophist who researches happiness?" Ophenia would glitz over to Zahrah with a wide smile. "Dear Friar, would you like to be friends? Ah~ What may this 'Mile High Club of Happiness' be♪? Could I perhaps join?!" Ophenia raptured, grabbing Zahrah's hands, as the sylph's eyes were alit in starlight.

Zahrah would only feel a very faint touch from Ophenia's hold, it was rather gentle and light. Almost as if they were being brushed upon by the wind.

“By the way, you shouldn't mind what the others are saying! You're beautiful and perfect the way you are! There's no problems with being thin or underdressed so long as you're healthy and keeping things appropriate for all ages! Also, also, as an agent of happiness, I'm sure you must be like, the most amazing epic person I've encountered so far! So whatever they say, it's nothing to worry about! Yes, yes! I bet someone like you could help out this place like it's nobody's business! Oh! Oh! I can fill you in on what's going on.” They spoke with a fair bit of [Smooth Talker C] thrown in there.

The gentle touch would grow warmer, however, as Ophenia's face went quite visibly red. The resonator waned for a moment, transitioning into the colour of delight, as it shimmered beside the chanteuse. "O- Oh?" She'd stutter, she wasn't expected to be complimented like this today. Amazing, epic, beautiful and perfect... If someone were to think of her this way, Ophenia would start to become a bit too big-headed. "I- I would be delighted to be illuminated on the situation~♫" Ophenia smiled, letting go of Zahrah's hands and backing up a bit.

Zahrah would quite easily discern that Ophenia was indeed a fae, and specifically a [Sylph]. Another thing Zahrah would learn, as stated by Ophenia, is her occupation as a [Chanteuse], and quite... oddly and potentially disturbingly, Ophenia's [East Empire's Fugitive C] title. Yes.

That's when it was time to get down to business. “Alright! Here I go! A crash course into the situation of this village. First of all! The ravens exists of two that are Vandal E, three that are Abuser F and one that is Murderer D! They're quite the gangsters! Either I'll try to convert them, or the cat will get rid of them. Secondly, most people here have these weird tokens to them due to a curse by a snake without scales that's as long as two houses and has many eyes! It's soaking up their happiness, which is terrible! Thirdly, these two gorgeous owls, in their infinite wisdom, are here to help rid this town of the mean snake, so that people can become happy again! Fourthly, This man is an Otoko Geisha and White Snow of the Full Moon person and even a Ruffian, he's also related to these adorable bunnies! Fifthly, the Yokai cat can speak and he's a fun dude to talk with, I think! That should cover all you need to know!” They were very pleased with their thorough, yet quick summary of everything relevant to this village.

“Now, miss Du Couer Pur Ophenia, with our powers combined, guided by the wisdom of the owls, let us wash away this town's sorrow and sadness and drown it in happiness instead! Hey, hey ho!” Yes, it was true! This had to be destiny. Their pinkness together would rule the world! Or something along those lines.

The sylph listened attentively, to some parts more than others. Specifically, the snake who was supposedly soaking up their happiness... Why would something do such a thing..? Ophenia thought to herself. However, Zahrah's closing statement was quite a reminder. She was indeed a self-proclaim agent of happiness, "I see!♫" She claimed the resonator began glittering into a brighter yellow hue, "Yes, you are much too correct, Dear Featour! Ah! Since you too are an artist, ♡how about we do a duet?♪♡ Yes! This will be so fun!" Ophenia asked, her eyes glittering with anticipation as the Resonator gleamed in an orange tone.

However, not everyone was completely on-board with the idea. As emanating from a green-adorned rabbit was a loud and furious THUMP. Tsusagi had stomped his foot quite violently into the floor, <"Absolutely not!"> He'd honk, <"There is no time to be doing... Whatever it is you are doing. We have much to do in means preparation. As of now, we must begin planning for our attack on the serpent. This is no ground for playing and clapping. Fiore-san, it'd be best that you go and get rid of those corvids now. Yoko, Oden and I shall discuss the plan of attack inside."> Tsusagi asserted with furrowed brows. There was a slight aggressiveness in his voice as he'd glare at Ophenia.

The resonator fluttering beside her began shifting into a shameful grey-toned plum. Ophenia's eyes dropped a tiny bit. She didn't understand what the rabbit was saying but could sense the aggression and distaste that he had for her.

Oden's gentle feathers seemingly soothed the large-eared boy. So much so that not only did he stop crying, but he seemingly fell asleep as well. <"Wanwan! Koko-san! Ma-chan fell asleep!!"> Barked the pinked-haired girl in a way which sounded more like a whimper. The flowery yukata-donned girl sighed with exasperation. <"Okay~"> She'd say, walking over to who was supposedly named Masaru, tugging him out of Oden's embrace and effortlessly picking him up... Despite her appearance, she seemed to be quite physically strong.

She'd bow slightly to Oden, <"I apologise Oden-san, I'll carry Masaru to a place where he can rest."> The rabbit-eared girl would say, walking over to the nearby house, with the wolf-tailed girl ditzly following behind her.

DEPRESSIONRound5-2.png

Zahrah Fiore

latest

Astolfo

They were shocked twofold. One, by Oden claiming she wouldn't make for a good detective. Second, by Oden claiming that Zahrah themselves would! “<No, no, no! That can't be! I hear you talk all smart already, about the monster and stuff~ Seems like you already have so much more figured out than me~ All I'm up to date with is that there's a bad monster that needs to stop making people sad! You, however, seem to know what type it is and all that! That's the wisdom of an Owl in action right there! Yes, yes! It's glorious!>” They proclaimed. “<However, I can never grow tired of my pursuit of happiness! Literally so, as I have a high level of resilience against ageing, fatigue, fear, tangle and incapacitated! Nothing can stop my pursuit for happiness research! Whoooo!>”

They laughed at the geisha's comment. “<Of course I'm not~ I'm from earth, where I was made in 2026, but got to running properly and fully independently in 2037! I got into this place after... after.... things happened? Anyhow, it doesn't matter~ If it makes you happier, assume I'm just a crazy construct instead~ Should be easier, right? Right? I know it should be!>” Yes, yes. They were clever like that.

However, Zahrah puffed their cheeks at the Geisha's comments. Purposefully bowing down to pet both bunnies a bit more. “<They're clearly able to make their own decisions and nobody got weaker from being pet! You can try to sound tough and ask not to be pet and I'll respect that, but it's mean to say that it'd make others weak and spoiled!>” Indeed, such a mindset would not be good for happiness.

Next up was the cat. “<Wow, cats on earth were totally different! That's all so cool!>” They learned a lot about the cats here in a very short time. “<Oh... I'd hate that... for cats not to like me enough to talk. Say, say, help me out! How can I get cats to like me enough to talk? What can I do to get cats to like me?>” As for the other reply, about the nine lives, they nodded. “<Of course, that makes a lot of sense! However, if you die and return, let me know! Please? I'd love to know that! Also, I did return, I think, at least once! So I have at least two lives... well, had! Now I might only have one left? I don't know~>” Stuff like that was difficult.

“<Oh, oh, could you teach me to always land on my feet as well? That'd be so cool!>” Black cats? “<Ah, that's good to hear, it'd be bad of black cats brought bad luck. I'd hate to single out cats based on their fur colours, so it's great to know that won't be needed!>” The final question, however, was peculiar. “<Are you really totally entirely sure you're not interested in world domination?>”

Next they were shocked by Tsusagi's offer. “<That would be totally great! I'd totally take such a discount! It'd be cool to be all properly graceful and all that! Yes, yes! I'd be an honour to be taught by you, sir! A total honour!>” They spoke in glee.

They turned their head at Yoko's remark. “<Your head is beautiful and perfectly proportionate, nothing too big about it~>” They replied. “<Yes, yes! It's a standing offer! Love is great for happiness, unrequited love is bad for it, so I'll always do what I can to make love requited!>” They were committed to such a task for sure!

Yoko's talk on politeness was weirder. “<I'm still not sure what a san is, but if it makes you happier to call me a san, I'd gladly be a san for you!>” The answer was easy enough in that regard. “<So Zahrahsan it is! Oh, oh, should I also call you Yokosan then?>”

Zahrah nodded at the reception of their explanation on Fae dress code. “<Yes, yes. They found their own unique sources of happiness there!>”

That's when it was Ophenia-time.

Yes.

Their hands would get their fingers intertwined, as air end cotton met, a person even lighter weighted than Zahrah. That said, Zahrah was almost saddened by her question. “Would I like to be a friend..? Why ask, isn't it clear?!? We were destined to become besties the moments our eyes met! We're already friends, silly!” They replied, making it very clear! “The Mile High Club of Happiness is great! I somehow ended up in the East Empire on an airship and made people happy there, even though pirates tried to steal it and crashed the ship and I washed ashore somewhere after and perhaps most people died in the end... but next time I'll be on an airship, I'm sure we'll all land and be happy members of the Mile High Club of Happiness!”

On the topic of the East Empire, they tilted their head. “Wow, they must not like you in the East Empire, to be a fugitive like that! Then again, I learned they are just a bunch of meanies, with their slavery and wars and whatnot! I'm sure we could find another airship in another country! Yes, yes!”

When Ophenia mentioned a duet, however, Zahrah would start to almost vibrate from raw excitement. As if their cotton was to bounce off into the stratosphere. “That'd be so amazingly epic I'd love to figure out how to bring more happiness through song and dance as my latest research topic and doing so in a duet would be totally awesome and amazing and perfect and great and cool and ideal and super duper awesome!” The blurted out, only to have their mood soured by an angry bunny.

Considering Ophenia didn't speak the language, Zahrah figured they'd translate... “The Otoko Geisha bunny says we can't have a duet. He says we need to attack the snake and that I need to get rid of the birdies...” They were rather disappointed. For about a split second. Then they cheered up. “Although we can totally go have a nice chat with those birdies~ Maybe they'll want to hear us sing? Or we can ask them why they murdered someone in the first place? Perhaps we can convert them and they can become our fans?!? Wouldn't that be great~ Let's go!” They stated, trying to usher Ophenia along to go speak to the bird again.

“By the way, Yokosan, Oden! You two, good luck on the talking with mister Otoko Geisha!” They'd wish the other two, before heading off for the birds (dragging Ophenia along by her hand if she'd allow them to grab and take hold of it).

A Grade CD's (4/5)
B Grade CD's (0/3)
C Grade CD's (1/2)
D Grade CD's (0/1)
E Grade CD's (0/0)
F Grade CD's (0/0)

Last edited:
Oden (#ACA9A7)
Although she had offered, Oden was still a little surprised to hear that Tsusagi's weapon of choice was indeed a bow. At his responsible response to her offer of lending him her own, the old owl's eyes crinkled in another small smile of both relief and respect. <"I understand Tsusagi-san, not to worry. I feel as though I would think similarly in your shoes."> She smilingly shook her head.

<"I will be sure to have a look. It would be to the benefit of us all if you could fight alongside us."> Oden nodded her acknowledgement towards the matter of his damaged bow. Musing at the sight of his slight smile however, she added a precautionary warning. <"I would advise you not to get your hopes up too much. My craftsmanship skills are nothing of note. I am only barely capable of creating the most basic and crude bows at my current skill level, although I do hope to improve in the future."> She advised gently in a low tone, before focusing back on the matter of the Ukime no Orochi.

Zahrah's compliments before she spiralled once more into nonsense, Yoko's praise towards her idea for the imminent battle and Tsusagi's consequent mockery was met with a soft chuckle by the old owl. <"I am nothing compared to my old seniors."> Oden commented mildly before moving on from the matter. Pondering Tsusagi's words as she listened, she nodded towards the theory that contact with the beast could prove a bad idea. <"Indeed. Preparations to slay such a beast must not be taken lightly. If we follow the folk tale, it is possibly a creature with the ability to end an entire village."> Oden warned, wanting to re-acknowledge the severity of the threat they could be dealing with. Their numbers were pitiful in comparison. But if Tsusagi believed they could quell the threat with just the three (or five?) of them, she would follow his judgement.

At Zahrah's comment on the fae's nudity policy, Oden was taken aback by the disappointment she had heard in Tsusagi's words. She eyed him oddly for a moment, before musing to herself. Well, he's at that age I suppose...

---

Ophenia and Yoko's interaction was met with a warm smile from Oden. She had planned to translate the words said, but before she could the fae had already spun away into her little performance. One thing Oden had noted though, was Yoko's, and later Tsusagi's, understanding of the common tongue, although they could not speak it. It was a peculiar matter, but at least their conversations with Ophenia wouldn't be completely indecipherable to them.

As predicted, Zahrah and Ophenia had quickly become enamoured with each other, much to Tsusagi's fury. As they were relegated to corvid duty, Oden gently shook her head, wondering if it was truly okay to leave the pair out of their discussion towards handling the serpent. She supposed at the very least, they would be caught up on the final plan later. "Thank you Zahrah. Best of luck with the birds, you two. And be careful, if they seek to harm just as you say, come back to us for assistance." Oden smiled and advised as she waved them off. No matter how much of a headache they gave her, she could never truly wish ill upon them. They were just two lively and rambunctious youths, full of vitality and spirit. Silently, though she suppressed it, the old owl felt a bit of yearning to go back to those days of her own.

Starting at the other child's whimper, it was only then that Oden realized the child she was holding had fallen asleep in her arms. <"Oh my."> She expressed her surprise, cradling the boy carefully as she helped hand him over to the stronger beastkin that had approached. <"I understand. I wish him a peaceful rest."> She stated mildly, fearful of the possibility that those here only slept with nightmares and tears. Trailing after the boy's figure with her gaze until he left her sight, she turned back to Tsusagi and Yoko. <"Right. Shall we get down to business?"> Oden inquired with a slight chuckle, fixing her feathers as she readied herself to follow after Tsusagi.

Time: 09:14

• Character Goals:
    • THROUGH ♡ SONG♪♫♪
    • AND ✧ DANCE!!!

Language Keys:
    • "Common"
    • <"Beastial">

They laughed at the geisha's comment. “<Of course I'm not~ I'm from earth, where I was made in 2026, but got to running properly and fully independently in 2037! I got into this place after... after.... things happened? Anyhow, it doesn't matter~ If it makes you happier, assume I'm just a crazy construct instead~ Should be easier, right? Right? I know it should be!>” Yes, yes. They were clever like that.

However, Zahrah puffed their cheeks at the Geisha's comments. Purposefully bowing down to pet both bunnies a bit more. “<They're clearly able to make their own decisions and nobody got weaker from being pet! You can try to sound tough and ask not to be pet and I'll respect that, but it's mean to say that it'd make others weak and spoiled!>” Indeed, such a mindset would not be good for happiness.

The leporine along with everyone else in the entire village except the ravens could not believe what they were hearing. Although some were too busy drowning in sadness to actually care, Tsusagi could not make ears or tails of what he had just passed into his long rabbit ears. <"E... Earth? 2026..?"> Though the rabbit would've assumed what Zahrah had said in the latter, he would also be disproven by Zahrah's very genuine statement. Yoko covered her mouth in disbelief.

However, another thing bothered the rabbit a bit more than Zahrah's odd claim; Petting his young sisters despite his previous warnings. He had less than a quarter of mind to not hurl a fist into Zahrah's face. However, something stopped Tsusagi from going through with it, for he felt as if it would not do much anyhow. He'd sigh and glare quite bitterly at the construct.

Next up was the cat. “<Wow, cats on earth were totally different! That's all so cool!>” They learned a lot about the cats here in a very short time. “<Oh... I'd hate that... for cats not to like me enough to talk. Say, say, help me out! How can I get cats to like me enough to talk? What can I do to get cats to like me?>” As for the other reply, about the nine lives, they nodded. “<Of course, that makes a lot of sense! However, if you die and return, let me know! Please? I'd love to know that! Also, I did return, I think, at least once! So I have at least two lives... well, had! Now I might only have one left? I don't know~>” Stuff like that was difficult.

The cat was scratching its head vigorously, before moving around needlessly and stretching out his body. <"Nyaaan~ Food. Deliciously warm meat is purrfect for making me-- I mean, us, like you,"> The cat licked his paw, <"Extra points for things that still move. Nyaan~"> The cat purred. The cat blinked, staring at Zahrah and tilting its head slightly. <"You'd have to find me first though, nya!"> He would reply.

“<Oh, oh, could you teach me to always land on my feet as well? That'd be so cool!>” Black cats? “<Ah, that's good to hear, it'd be bad of black cats brought bad luck. I'd hate to single out cats based on their fur colours, so it's great to know that won't be needed!>” The final question, however, was peculiar. “<Are you really totally entirely sure you're not interested in world domination?>”

<"Depends,"> The cat brought the paw it was licking over his head a few times, <"Can you turn while moving in the air? Then it's easy, nyaan~"> He'd state. Again the cat would tilt his head. He didn't understand this construct, why would a cat want to take over the world? <"Nya~ Taking over the world is too much work. Many who try always die or are soon dethroned. Nya! Living eternally is already a hassle, nyaan! We don't care for stories or history or being remembered or having a presence in the world, that's for mortals to do and bear within their short lives. So there's no reason to take over the world, nyaan~"> The would say, before doing what seemed like a yawn and then curling up into a ball.

Somehow, he immediately fell asleep.

They turned their head at Yoko's remark. “<Your head is beautiful and perfectly proportionate, nothing too big about it~>” They replied. “<Yes, yes! It's a standing offer! Love is great for happiness, unrequited love is bad for it, so I'll always do what I can to make love requited!>” They were committed to such a task for sure!

Yoko's talk on politeness was weirder. “<I'm still not sure what a san is, but if it makes you happier to call me a san, I'd gladly be a san for you!>” The answer was easy enough in that regard. “<So Zahrahsan it is! Oh, oh, should I also call you Yokosan then?>”

The owl couldn't help but blush a little, although the compliment was a little strange. Was it even a compliment? Although on a normal face, it would've shown, Yoko was an owl person with an owl face, so neither the reddening of her cheeks nor confusion would show. <"T- thank you...?"> Yoko chuckled slightly, <"It's more like a figure of speech... But I am glad that you think that way."> Cheerily the owl chirped. <"I very much appreciate the offer, I am sure to contact you if the time ever arises...">

Yoko would do her best to nod, <"Yes. That would not be unpleasant, but only if you verily do want to."> Yoko said, again though she could not show it there was a smile in Yoko's voice.

<"I understand Tsusagi-san, not to worry. I feel as though I would think similarly in your shoes."> She smilingly shook her head.

<"I will be sure to have a look. It would be to the benefit of us all if you could fight alongside us."> Oden nodded her acknowledgement towards the matter of his damaged bow. Musing at the sight of his slight smile however, she added a precautionary warning. <"I would advise you not to get your hopes up too much. My craftsmanship skills are nothing of note. I am only barely capable of creating the most basic and crude bows at my current skill level, although I do hope to improve in the future."> She advised gently in a low tone, before focusing back on the matter of the Ukime no Orochi.

The Geisha was quite fond of this, <"Although I may be quite a bit off the string, I believe that whether excellently skilled or poorly held matters not in such times. Every fighter serves value no matter how small."> Replied he, <"As I prior stated, whether excellently skilled or poorly held matters not. A sword with a dull blade is better than nought at all. Thus, as long as you can fire an arrow, then it shall serve well."> Tsusagi added, giving a slight nod. <"In all honesty, any person who is capable of even slightly fixing a weapon is quite worthy of awe in my eyes."> The rabbit praised.

Innocence and dreams.

• Their hands would get their fingers intertwined, as air end cotton met, a person even lighter weighted than Zahrah. That said, Zahrah was almost saddened by her question. “Would I like to be a friend..? Why ask, isn't it clear?!? We were destined to become besties the moments our eyes met! We're already friends, silly!” They replied, making it very clear! “The Mile High Club of Happiness is great! I somehow ended up in the East Empire on an airship and made people happy there, even though pirates tried to steal it and crashed the ship and I washed ashore somewhere after and perhaps most people died in the end... but next time I'll be on an airship, I'm sure we'll all land and be happy members of the Mile High Club of Happiness!”

"D- destined? As in... Destiny?" Ophenia squeaked. Destined to be besties... Did this mean the wind was leading her here? Was this the reason why Ophenia was brought here? To meet this exceptionally warm person? Ophenia's cheeks pinkened softly, though even this slight warmth would create a blot on her pale and shimmering skin. It glowed brightly in its yellow sheen, the resonator which was hovering beside the sylph.

However, the cheerily lit face would have its smile wane as the gaudily-dressed sylph listened on, "The Eastern Empire, you say? Most people... Died?" She'd sigh, leaving her like the slight and subtle breeze. Her eyes had sunken... No, she had to look on the bright side! Being saddened and gloomy was the worst thing that can happen right now... She'd allow it for at least 7 seconds, but not more. She'd first have to find a solitary place...

"Ah! Airships? I have always dreamt of being upon such a wondrous thing... Even a sea-faring ship shall be delightful for me~♪ It has always interested me... Oh! How did it feel to see the world from a different point of view?" She'd excitedly ask. "Ah!" The sylph would chime, "By chance when I am older, I may learn how to flutter along the wind and dance on a lake's surface like how the other sylphid could!" Ophenia smiled while twiddling thumbs and bashfully looking at her iridescent shoes.

On the topic of the East Empire, they tilted their head. “Wow, they must not like you in the East Empire, to be a fugitive like that! Then again, I learned they are just a bunch of meanies, with their slavery and wars and whatnot! I'm sure we could find another airship in another country! Yes, yes!”

"A- Ah!?" The chanteuse squeaked, eyes glittering in surprise as the resonator flashed into a sky hue. It concerned the sylph that Zahrah already seemed to know that of Ophenia... Not that it mattered! Hiding things from others is a horrible thing to do in the first place. "That would be of greatest wonder♫" Said she, "Although, it may be true from what you say and I do not find it well for such things to be done... I do not believe that anyone in the East truly means to do terrible harm." Ophenia stated with a chipper smile. Tsusagi's ear twitched.

When Ophenia mentioned a duet, however, Zahrah would start to almost vibrate from raw excitement. As if their cotton was to bounce off into the stratosphere. “That'd be so amazingly epic I'd love to figure out how to bring more happiness through song and dance as my latest research topic and doing so in a duet would be totally awesome and amazing and perfect and great and cool and ideal and super duper awesome!” The blurted out, only to have their mood soured by an angry bunny.

Considering Ophenia didn't speak the language, Zahrah figured they'd translate... “The Otoko Geisha bunny says we can't have a duet. He says we need to attack the snake and that I need to get rid of the birdies...” They were rather disappointed. For about a split second. Then they cheered up. “Although we can totally go have a nice chat with those birdies~ Maybe they'll want to hear us sing? Or we can ask them why they murdered someone in the first place? Perhaps we can convert them and they can become our fans?!? Wouldn't that be great~ Let's go!” They stated, trying to usher Ophenia along to go speak to the bird again.

Ophenia was quite glad that Zahrah seemed to like the idea, better yet, the construct wished to do the same thing as Ophenia did. Bring happiness through song and dance... Or well, that's what they were researching at least. Ophenia's eyes sparkled with excitement, the milky way painted her eyes although in the hue of yellow. She could have burst with happiness, if not for Tsusagi's revolt.

Although the geisha hadn't said anything about letting Ophenia go with Zahrah, she'd tag along in any case. She had met a destined friend, it was only fate to get to know them better. The words Zahrah spoke of did disturb her a little bit... "Attack the snake...? Why would they assault someone like that?" She sulkenly said, "Perhaps their sadness had just rubbed off on others by mistake. The snake may not even know they have caused this... Perchance we could make the snake happy and thus help make the entire village happy as a result?" Ophenia mused,

She'd clap gently hearing about the birds, she was quite fond of them, "Birds? I would love to talk with them!" Ophenia exclaimed, however, the sylph's excitement would slightly lessen at the word; "M- murder...?" She was suddenly perplexed. Birds could murder..? It truly was odd to the fae. She smiled at the thought of making the birds their fans, however.

DEPRESSIONRound6-1.png

Soon, Ophenia and Zahrah would have arrived at the designated area. In front of the silvery stone torii gate, with a sign too far to see or read. Two statues of lion-esque creatures sat on podiums as guardians to the shrine which lay complacent within the area beyond the sacred gate.

Shockingly red higanbana littered the entrance, their crimson petals making the implication of something unpleasant. The fragrances of blossoming prunus trees filled the cold breeze which still howled past the two figures. Fluttering upon its unseen hands were the white petals which were only faintly pink. Beyond the grey gate was the modest shrine dyed in red with its charred-coloured tiled roof. A red and white rope swayed along the breezy winds.

Atop the gate sat three ravens who looked down with gleeful smiles. Down they looked to a somewhat young-looking man with a broom made of reed and straw, planting it into the floor as he leaned upon it gently with an expression of sulk and jade. Quite annoyed he was to have the silver-eyed ravens stare upon his miserable state, his puffy tail sciurine tail swaying side to side in distress.

<"Gyahahah!!"> The ravens were laughing, Laughing as they pointed their feathery wings dyed in a dusty black, glinting of the faintest hues of green and yellow in the iridescence. The man sorrowfully sighed, not even noticing the new pair of icterine irises and the familiar pair of violet eyes gaze.

DEPRESSIONRound6-2.png

Enjoying the scenery of the outdoors no longer, Oden would find herself sat on a soft cushion swathed in an emerald-coloured silk. The cushions were positioned near the square-shaped hearth which was beneath the floor. Shutting the door behind himself, Tsusagi came in with a tray. On the tray were various utensils for making and preparing tea. It was slight, but there was a sense of nervousness on the leporine's face.

He'd sit down, gently placing the tray beside where he sat. Taking the brown water vessel and bowl from the Tsusagi placed aside himself, usually, this is the time when one would clean the utensils and bowls and jugs in front of the guests, but with how the charred coal in the hearth was already lit and how Tsusagi was placing the red cast-iron kettle on it said quite a lot. Yes, despite being a person of the arts, he was quite clearly terrible at pleasantries and serving guests.

Yoko was suppressing the urge to correct his actions, but he was already transferring water into the slowly heating kettle from the water vessel using a ladle. Usually, this was meant to be tedious, but Tsusagi was moving quite quickly. <"Hoohoo- Tsuk--"> <"Worry not, Yoko-san, I have cleansed everything beforehand."> Spoke the geisha with a tinge of pride in his voice.

Once the kettle was filled, Tsusagi closed it with its lid. <"That should be done in about a few minutes."> He'd state. In the alcove, instead of the traditional scroll which in large letters reminds everyone to enjoy every moment, was a plain white kimono. Standing prettily in front of it was a vase with lusciously pink flowers growing inside. Once everyone was done peering at the 'decor,' Tsusagi would clear his throat.

<"Spring is coming to a halt soon, is it not? Despite that, the fragrance of flowering trees stays strong, yet the equinox lilies bloomed much earlier. A strange village this is indeed..."> He'd chatter, clasping his hands. <"Thus it does indeed make sense why this village of all has been targeted by such a loathsome plague. As Oden-san has informed us as of prior, the serpent may be very much capable of ending an entire village. As such, we must plan intelligently.">

<"Hoohoo~ Yes, if Oden's tale is correct, then ambushing it from a far distance may fair beneficial for us. If we fight while its sight is poor while beneath the moon's light, then perhaps we could take it by surprise,"> Yoko added, while the leporine gave a slight nod.

<"Perchance... To minimalise any risks and casualties, I would suggest we find an efficient means of distraction. If that creature is focusing on something other than its surroundings, then perhaps we would have more of an advantage."> The rabbit-eared geisha advised, before looking to Oden, <"Do you by chance have any other thoughts you may like to share with us, Oden-san?"> He'd squeak.

The water was beginning to steam a little bit.

Last edited:
Zahrah Fiore

latest

Astolfo

Zahrah had been rather oblivious regarding the hatred towards them. They'd only spoken the truth and acted to bring forth happiness, after all! Nothing they did had been wrong! They nodded at the cat. “<I'll do my best to see if I can find some~>” Delicious warm meat was good for cat-based happiness. They had it committed to their memory! “<It'd be my pleasure to find you again afterwards~>” They replied, as they loved hide and seek. Post-mortem hide and seek sounded like it would be even more fun and challenging!

“<Yes, I think I can, I'm pretty flexible!>” They said, using [Elasticity E] to demonstrate how much they could twist their body. “<Wait, wait, you live eternally? Woooo... that's so cool! Does that mean you're extremely old and wise by now?>” As the cat fell asleep, they'd try to gently pet him for a bit (or get their arm scratched into oblivion, either way would work).

Zahrah saluted Yoko. “<I'll be at your service, miss honourably beautiful owl ma'am!”>” They replied at her hesitant acceptance of their offer.

That's when it was Ophenia time! Again! WHOOO!

“Destiny for sure!” They called out. “Yes, yes, airships are amazing! It was great to see the world pass by below us! Yes, yes! I'm sure that's why the Mile High Club of Happiness is so happy! That must be it, for sure!” The applauded the learning of fluttering and dancing on lakes. “That must be amazing and beautiful and really cool and great to look forwards too! I'll help you hope to get there quickly! I'm sure you will!”

Zahrah titled their head. “Perhaps not? I don't know! I've yet to investigate East-Empire based happiness potentials! All I knew is that their actions worked to the detriment of the happiness of lots of others! A very complex topic indeed! Hmhm!”

It was a bit surprising to hear Ophenia talk about the snake in the way she did. “Oh my, that is a unique statement! Normally it's common to bring happiness by removing things that decrease it, right? Take away the factors that ruin things! However! Making the snake happy seems so much better! We'd have both a happy village and a happy snake! That's like, totally great! I love it!” Yes, it was clear, they'd found someone very intelligent to work with.

“Yes~ Vandal, Abuser and Murder birds~ Should be great!” They replied with a cheer.

As they approached the ravens, they'd wave and all out. “<Hello again, raven gang! We were send to ask all of you why you murdered someone! Oh and why you abused and vandalised stuff! That's normally not good practice for happiness, you know! However, I'm sure there'll be a valid reason right? Could you tell us? We'll like, totally help you convert into outstanding bird citizens and then you could become Ophenia's and my fans! We could even sing for you and all! It'll be great!>” They used [Smooth Talker B] to check the ravens again and to convince them to start spilling all the beans!

A Grade CD's (5/5)
B Grade CD's (0/3)
Smooth Talker – Character Grade B, Appraisal B, Empathy B, Insight B, Performance [Acting/Singing/Dancing/Spoken Word/Tin Whistle] B, Persuasion B, Seduction B, Energised B Languages [Common, Terran, Beastial, Sylvan, Monster, Analog] – Character combines whatever (meta)knowledge they can find out about someone with persuasive, empathic and seductive smooth-talking, acting and spoken word in an attempt to make others act according to their will. Character speaks to them in whichever (of the main) languages they are most comfortable with. - Grade B Energised – 3 Post Cooldown
C Grade CD's (2/2)
D Grade CD's (0/1)
E Grade CD's (0/0)
F Grade CD's (0/0)

Oden (#ACA9A7)
The spiralling steam clouds and the faint floral scent in the air put the old owl at ease, as she nested comfortably atop her cushion. She watched Tsusagi's actions with a gentle, if slightly mirthful, gaze, though her thoughts did not particularly linger on his tea ceremony. Rather, she faintly realized that this was the first time she had been indoors since re-entering Kuridan from Ryke. The familiar interior decor, such as the tatami mats and the sunken hearth, settled a weight in her chest she didn't even know she was carrying. Perhaps she had missed home more than she thought.

Oden listened to the formulating plan with a thoughtful gaze, silently nodding her head in agreement at the pair's conclusive remarks. As she was personally addressed by Tsusagi, the old owl merely chuckled gently with a shake of her head. "I fear I lack the intuition needed to live up to your expectations. The only reason I could come up with the earlier idea was due to Tsusagi-san sharing his knowledge." She explained carefully. "Without information to aid me, my usefulness is rather lacking."

Oden quietly lowered her gaze as she paused, before elaborating further. "What does the serpent enjoy? What does it hate? How much sentience does the creature hold? Does it have the awareness to discern a trap or would it merely follow its instincts? I fear it is difficult to come up with some sure-fire distraction without concrete knowledge on its behaviour." She explained whilst addressing the main problem at hand: the lack of information.

"However, although we lack that knowledge, and therefore cannot guarantee success, diverting the beast's attention is not a bad idea. Perhaps a simple distraction would work best. Such as a decoy, loud noises, or what have you." She chuckled as she concluded her thoughts, although she was silently a little worried. Although the potential benefits were great, a failed distraction could do more harm than good as well. Depending on who was involved, they'd need to discuss whether it was worth the risk.

"Ah. I understand that Tsusagi-san will likely be firing arrows from afar, but what role were you aiming to play Yoko-san?" She swivelled her head round as she addressed the other light-coloured owlfolk. "I understand that you are a priestess, but if you have other capabilities, do share. It would be better to lay all our cards out on the table now, or at least, the ones you are willing to reveal whilst dealing with the serpent." The old owl's expression did not change in the least as she spoke, knowing full well that they were merely a group of strangers, each with their own secrets to keep.

Time: 09:16

• Character Goals:
    • THROUGH ♡ SONG♪♫♪
    • AND ✧ DANCE!!!

Language Keys:
    • "Common"
    • <"Beastial">

Gliding wings afloat guiding winds.

• Delightful Duet

“Destiny for sure!” They called out. “Yes, yes, airships are amazing! It was great to see the world pass by below us! Yes, yes! I'm sure that's why the Mile High Club of Happiness is so happy! That must be it, for sure!” The applauded the learning of fluttering and dancing on lakes. “That must be amazing and beautiful and really cool and great to look forwards too! I'll help you hope to get there quickly! I'm sure you will!”

Zahrah's affirmation only confirmed it for the sylph who was so easy to convince, for the bitterness of disappointing another person only hurt her much more, thus it had become a habit for her to swiftly and easily go along with things in hopes that it would please others much more. To think of this as a fated meeting was something Ophenia verily believed, for her destiny was long set before her existence. She knew this. Not only that, they seemingly shared similar dreams.

Trying to even imagine the sight of the world from the view of a soaring airship just made Ophenia feel so bitterly overjoyed, the resonator which hovered stilly beside her was shimmering in hues of optimism, its pale amber glow fluctuating between a warming yellow. Ophenia could not stop herself from letting out an airy chuckle, covering her pink-glossed lips with her white hand's thistle-thin fingers. "I am glad that you think so, dear Fervirre~♪ In all truth... I seem to be quite a sloth regarding growth," She'd look down at her feet ever briefly,

"However! I verily appreciate and I am delighted that you would help me so!" Ophenia would look up again, smiling lips plastered on her face brightly. The resonator's light waned all too slightly, and Zahrah could faintly notice that the sylph was a tit heavy-hearted in her tone.

It was a bit surprising to hear Ophenia talk about the snake in the way she did. “Oh my, that is a unique statement! Normally it's common to bring happiness by removing things that decrease it, right? Take away the factors that ruin things! However! Making the snake happy seems so much better! We'd have both a happy village and a happy snake! That's like, totally great! I love it!” Yes, it was clear, they'd found someone very intelligent to work with.
    "To remove the cause of forlorn means removing the cause's chance to feel joy as well." Ophenia stated, "If we all could be happy, there would be nothing to cause unhappiness in the first place! I want to bring everyone to a warm smile♡" She'd add, her face would gently form a smile when hearing that Zahrah indeed agreed with her prior statement. "It is ever so lovely that you enjoy the idea! I am sure we could cover the entire village with a wave of cheer if we could make the snake smile through our duet performance~♫ It excites me so!"

Ophenia gleamed, smiling so as the resonator gleamed to match her excitement. Dying itself in the colour of the transient and swift setting of the setting sun. The mere thought of singing and performing made the chanteuse's heart tremble in excitement. The resonator flashed orange, sparkling in a serene shimmer.

“Yes~ Vandal, Abuser and Murder birds~ Should be great!” They replied with a cheer.

As they approached the ravens, they'd wave and all out. “<Hello again, raven gang! We were send to ask all of you why you murdered someone! Oh and why you abused and vandalised stuff! That's normally not good practice for happiness, you know! However, I'm sure there'll be a valid reason right? Could you tell us? We'll like, totally help you convert into outstanding bird citizens and then you could become Ophenia's and my fans! We could even sing for you and all! It'll be great!>” They used [Smooth Talker B] to check the ravens again and to convince them to start spilling all the beans!

What did not excite her however was in sooth the words which Zahrah so quoth. To think that even birds so free as the frigid fluttering of this morrow could attain such terrible titles of criminal. Though Ophenia had nought held fear, for birds and sylphid are the same, in air and ayr they share the same wish. Or so she believes. Either way, it did make her somewhat nervous

Once they had arrived, Zahrah had begun their quite brash statements, although in a manner which seemed quite sweetly convincing. Ophenia was dazzled by the ravens' black feathers, which seemed like they were iridescent in how they reflected light. However, what had caught the sylph in a stole more was the cumbersome mood which emanated from the squirrel-feature'd man who solemnly swept at the sand with his bamboo broom... It wasn't effective.

“<Hello again, raven gang! We were send to ask all of you why you murdered someone! Oh and why you abused and vandalised stuff! That's normally not good practice for happiness, you know! However, I'm sure there'll be a valid reason right? Could you tell us? We'll like, totally help you convert into outstanding bird citizens and then you could become Ophenia's and my fans! We could even sing for you and all! It'll be great!>”
Usagi Usagi

The ravens' would quickly turn their attention to Zahrah and Ophenia, two who wore quite the least necessarily brightest of colours amongst the fade scarlets and sky-coloured blues, which mixed the dirty sand and crimson-petal'd equinox lilies. As they turned to look toward the two, their coal-dark feathers reflected in shifting hues of deep greens, blues and soft tinges of yellow.

One of the ravens would tilt their head slightly trying to make sense of what Zahrah had just said, but the others up to the torii gate laughed shrewishly. <"Gyahahahah!"> <"The flatterer! The fluffily soft thing! Gyaagyaa!"> Squawked they, their expressionless heads creating the delusion of a snarky smile on their blonde beaks. <"Murdered?"> <"Kaakaa!"> The ones at the top of their heads towards the one who was sitting on the lion's statue. That one peered straight at Zahrah.

Its silvery eyes did not sparkle, yet a single dim glint of white added life to only one side of its head, as it twitched out of its tilted head. <"Gyaaa! Gyaa! We don't know that one!"> <"Kaa! That one was here when we left for the night, and he was here when we returned for the morning! Kaa!"> The birds inelegantly chirped. The one on the statue opened its beak, "Ss... hhqw... eeeu.. tsaiy... yst... qed... dd... uhhuhh... ehleiey.. suzzssh...." It would croak out, attempting to match some sort of common. Birds of this type weren't known for their common, although they spoke more legibly than a pigeon could. The other ravens would laugh, <"Kaakaa!"> <"Gyaahahahahaha!!">

The birds' heads tilted at Zahrah's offer, <"Outstanding, kaa?"> Cawed one, <"Fans? Fania?"> <"Kyaa! Sing? Sing a song?> The others squawked, their silvery eyes indicated interest in the way they sparkled. The trees were rustling gently, as the equinox lillies hypnotically swayed with their slender stalks and blood-dyed petals. <"Gyahahah!"> They'd laugh, turning their heads down to the two, <"To us! Sing your most sweetest song! Sweeter than a nightingale's birdsong, kaa!"> <"More gently than when a dove is preening!"> <"Gyaa! More elegant than a swan spreading its wings to fly!"> Quoth the corvine, quite demandingly at that.

The sciurine man glanced at the perpetrators of such glitz and glee, squinting at the cotton-brained plush construct and the air-headed fae quite apprehensively. A heavy sigh would leave him as he'd continue to mournfully sweep needlessly at the sand-swathe floor. His drooping and rather fluffy tail twitched in annoyance.

DEPRESSIONRound7-1.png

Oden listened to the formulating plan with a thoughtful gaze, silently nodding her head in agreement at the pair's conclusive remarks. As she was personally addressed by Tsusagi, the old owl merely chuckled gently with a shake of her head. "I fear I lack the intuition needed to live up to your expectations. The only reason I could come up with the earlier idea was due to Tsusagi-san sharing his knowledge." She explained carefully. "Without information to aid me, my usefulness is rather lacking."
Traditional Tea

Tsusagi chuckled a slight bit, with their still unexpressive face, he'd cover his mouth with his white only almost uncoloured hand which lacked the calluses of someone who worked daily in their life. Yoko sighed, <"Hoo~ How misfortunate. It would indeed be so truly gracious if the gods were to send someone who knew everything we needed to know to easily defeat this accursed demon."> Drooped the owl. The rabbit cleared his throat, harking attention,

<"Do not demerit Oden-san, Yoko-san. For if not for her it may have been difficult to come here and think of such a plan in the first place."> He'd say, as he'd take from the tray two tall cups with the design of moonglow blossoms swaying in a silver wind. One of the cups had a few silver cracks patterned through it. As if it had been broken and then put together with silver acting as an adhesive. Beside the cups, he'd ungently place the cast-iron tea caddy.

<"Indeed,"> Yoko chimed, expressing a smile as she'd look at Oden, <"Hoohoo~ Your arrival has proven to be quite helpful, Oden-san. It made me also quite glad to meet another owl, someone in relation to the same clan as I as well! Hoohoo~ I apologise if I offended you with my prior statement. Hoo!"> Yoko hooted. The kama would suddenly begin to scream, as steam gushed through the crevices of the lid.

Oden quietly lowered her gaze as she paused, before elaborating further. "What does the serpent enjoy? What does it hate? How much sentience does the creature hold? Does it have the awareness to discern a trap or would it merely follow its instincts? I fear it is difficult to come up with some sure-fire distraction without concrete knowledge on its behaviour." She explained whilst addressing the main problem at hand: the lack of information.

"However, although we lack that knowledge, and therefore cannot guarantee success, diverting the beast's attention is not a bad idea. Perhaps a simple distraction would work best. Such as a decoy, loud noises, or what have you." She chuckled as she concluded her thoughts, although she was silently a little worried. Although the potential benefits were great, a failed distraction could do more harm than good as well. Depending on who was involved, they'd need to discuss whether it was worth the risk.

The geisha covered his callussless white hands with his plainly-coloured green sleeves, lifting the red pot from the hearth by its two handles. Those keen to notice would see the tinge of wince in Tsusagi's face. Two layers of fabric were perchance not enough to filter out the heat. When he'd put the kettle on the tray, he'd shake his hands briefly as he'd remove the lid.

<"Hoo! Tsuki-tan, 'tis quite dangerous to do such a thing,"> Chimed the priestess, the geisha seemingly ignored her as he'd brows began to furrow as a sigh would leave his red-painted lips. <"I have come up with few theories of what that creature may be attracted by--"> Tsusagi'd say, placing the cups close to the tray. With the bamboo water ladle, he'd transfer the hot water from the kama into the two cups. <"From what I believe, demons like these are born of sin, corrupted magic or both. Cruel and malicious are they, for they embody the flaws of humans, the strength of beasts and the antiquity of the fae, or it is so that I believe. Their true purpose may still be unknown to us.">

He'd say as he opened the tea caddy and used a carved bamboo spoon to place into the steaming water-filled cups a silvery white powder which twinkled from the light of the still red charred-coal. Closing the tea caddy's lid as he'd take from the tray a simple tea whisk made of wood. He'd stir the tea slowly, <"I believe that this creature may be the result of [Λύπη]."> The word was spoken in a language unknown to both Yoko and Oden. <"From what I may be able to recall, it means being green-eyed of someone's good fortune."> Said he. Tsusagi had finished stirring the tea.

It filled the room with the aroma of the night. Underneath the blanket of platinum-hued star lights which blinked dreamily in the deepened sky of the moons, which shined full with their pale gaze upon the verdant blue forest. Swaying grass and lacewing silk strewn delicately upon the fluorescently white petals of the moons' flower. Chirping crickets hid on trees with dancing leaves as the wind whistled fervently through the unempty and unsoundless yet still bewildering forest. That was the fragrance conveyed by the smell of the freshly brewed tea.

Gently with both hands, the Geisha would place the cracked silver-filled teacup next to Oden, with a pink cloth underneath it. Similarly, He'd place the untracked teacup next to Yoko, with a similarly pink cloth, yet with a slightly more lavender shade, underneath it. <"Please enjoy, dear Oden-san and Yoko-san. I will continue momentarily."> He'd say, standing up with all the utensils on the tray as he'd left the room.

but what role were you aiming to play Yoko-san?" She swivelled her head round as she addressed the other light-coloured owlfolk. "I understand that you are a priestess, but if you have other capabilities, do share. It would be better to lay all our cards out on the table now, or at least, the ones you are willing to reveal whilst dealing with the serpent." The old owl's expression did not change in the least as she spoke, knowing full well that they were merely a group of strangers, each with their own secrets to keep.

<"Hoohoo~"> Yoko giggled, covering her beak with her snow-coloured feathery wings. <"Indeed, I am but just a priestess and shrine maid, however..."> The owl would rest her feathered wings in her red-cloth-covered lap. <"Perchance it be foolish and mayhaps it be arrogant, but as of late, I have indeed been tampering with magic... I think that I have indeed become quite clever through the use of arcane seals and healing, however, I do admit I am not attuned as would be a fae or an educated mage."> She'd admit with a humbling hoot.

<"Although what Tsuki-tan said surely does intrigue, for demons are monsters, hoohoo~"> The priestess would lift her teacup with both of her hands, <"And a monster is a blightful creature which strives to taint all that is pure, innocent and lovely, hoo~"> She'd hoot, sipping from the thin brew, pallidly coloured with a slight sparkle in its sheen. <"Perchance we may be able to use that plush construct as bait. Considering how they behaved before, they may prove as a favoured distraction."> Suggested Yoko.

DEPRESSIONRound7-2.png

Zahrah Fiore

latest

Astolfo
Mentions: Faynorae Faynorae

They were ecstatic with their destined friend, so they wouldn't fault them for growing slowly. “That's alright, everyone grows at their own pace~” It wasn't a question whether or not to help Ophenia. “Of course, it's destiny!” They called out.

Zahrah was shocked. “Wow... you might be even wiser than the owls!” Yes, Ophenia was correct. To remove the source of unhappiness was also to permanently become unable to turn it into a source of happiness. “Oh, oh, oh, me too! Me too!” They called out when Ophenia shared her excitement of performing for this town.

That's when it was time for the birdies. “<Flattering, fluffy and soft! Oh my, aren't you the most charming birdies~>” They said, taking the descriptions of them as compliments. “<Yes, yes, the one that had Murderer D to their name~ >” They confirmed. “<Oh?>” That was interesting information. “It seems like the murdering bird was only here for a bit, they others claim not to know them~” They translated for Ophenia.

That's when they heard the statue speak. “Wow!!! A speaking statue? That totally rocks my world. Get it? Anyhow, I also agree that how you say yesterday did did uh daily fuzz? Wait... what? I'm sorry mister statue, I don't comprehend. Oh, oh, let's do a game! Make noise if you want to tell me something, stay silent if you have nothing of importance to share!” They figured that might give them some clues.

That's when they got back to the birds. “<Yes, yes! Oh, that sounds challenging!>” They turned towards Ophenia. “They want us to sing! Isn't that great! It's got to be a tough song though... sweeter than a nightingale's birdsong, more gently than when a dove is preening, more elegant than a swan spreading its wings to fly... Do you know a song like that?” They couldn't find one in their database. Mostly due to not having a database right now. “Perhaps I could play them a song on my tin whistle! Oh, oh, how's this!”

The Bird in the Bush
They played a bit of a tune, wondering if that'd be getting them on the right track (Performance B – Tin Whistle).

A Grade CD's (0/5)
B Grade CD's (1/3)
C Grade CD's (0/2)
D Grade CD's (0/1)
E Grade CD's (0/0)
F Grade CD's (0/0)

Oden (#ACA9A7)
Yoko's sarcasm brought a bewildered glint to Oden's gaze for a moment, leading her to momentarily ponder what brought such words on. Re-tracing what she had said, the old owl quickly figured out how their thought paths had differed, leading her to shake her head with an amused chuckle. "I do not take offence." Oden smiled, both at the ever-serious leporine and the easy-going owl across from her. "I merely meant that I am used to more investigating and preparatory work before confronting things like this." She explained idly, before becoming similarly alarmed by Tsusagi's recklessness.

Watching him stubbornly ignore Yoko's warning, Oden could only sigh, especially as the damage had already been done. "You should be more careful. Even if you don't care for the pain or the wounds left behind, how will you wield a bow with burned hands?" She chided him whilst looking around the room for a cooling water source. Unable to locate one, and not wanting to intrude by digging deeper into the building, the old owl merely huffed. "If even that's not enough to sway you, then think of me. How could you let a youngster like yourself be harmed before an elder's eyes? Do you know how saddening it is to see the younger generation neglect themselves in front of an old lady like me?" She continued to huff, though there was nothing but gentleness in her eyes, even as she returned her attention to more serious matters.

A creature of jealousy. Oden pondered thoughtfully, as her feathers calmed and her gaze settled back on the tea ceremony. She left the departing Tsusagi with a nod of thanks and acknowledgement, before focusing back on Yoko. "The arcane... I see. At the very least, your healing will be indispensable on the battlefield." She commented idly, sipping from the cracked teacup and submerging herself in the aroma that sharpened her senses and mind. "If we cannot guarantee their safety, I would prefer to avoid using someone unable to fight." She voiced her first thought with a still tone. "But, we do have limited means at our disposal. If you think that idea would be best, we could always inquire first."

Time: 09:18

• Character Goals:
    • THROUGH ♡ SONG♪♫♪
    • AND ✧ DANCE!!!

Language Keys:
    • "Common"
    • <"Beastial">

• Ophenia, though the sylph should have been expecting such, was rather surprised when she could not at all understand the conversation at hand. After all, Ophenia did not speak [Beastial] and would only hear the caws and croaks of the ravens and Zahrah's stunning ability to speak the language as well. Although the rose-haired sylph bore not the skill required to understand what the ravens say in words, she did have the ability to distinguish the mood and emotions of their noises.

They sounded like they were laughing at times, and it felt like they were in at least a pleasant mood. That pleasant mood was quite abruptly startled by the croaking raven, who seemingly was trying to mimic common with its voice. Ophenia had barely any idea of what the bird had said, but Zahrah's interpretation of it and who said had further bemused her. Perhaps the chanteuse was the one with the wrong perception, even so, the idea of a statue talking completely enchanted Ophenia.

She could not help but gasp a slight bit, "The statue spoke?☆" She'd cover th'on mouth with her white hand. "Truly magnificent~ How did you do this Mister Statue? Ah♪ This is so dearly wonderful, Dear Fororr!" The sylph exclaimed, smiling brightly as the resonator glittered in a delighted shade. As the conversation went on, Ophenia continued to listen to the Ravens and Zahrah speak together.

It was then that Zahrah informed her that the black-feathered birds wanted the two of them to sing something. However, their request was quite... difficult. "Heh?" Peeped out from the sylph when she listened to Zahrah, "A song like that... I do not recall anything similar. Perhaps... Hm~☆" Ophenia thought, beginning to mumble slowly as she replied, she would be brought out of her mumbling thoughts once the plush began to play on their whistle.

That's when they got back to the birds. “<Yes, yes! Oh, that sounds challenging!>” They turned towards Ophenia. “They want us to sing! Isn't that great! It's got to be a tough song though... sweeter than a nightingale's birdsong, more gently than when a dove is preening, more elegant than a swan spreading its wings to fly... Do you know a song like that?” They couldn't find one in their database. Mostly due to not having a database right now. “Perhaps I could play them a song on my tin whistle! Oh, oh, how's this!”

The Bird in the Bush

They played a bit of a tune, wondering if that'd be getting them on the right track (Performance B – Tin Whistle).

When Zahrah had first begun to perform, it had felt like the swaying equinox lilies would stop to listen, their petals dyed with the colour of fresh blood perking up to more closely hear. The chittering trees which gossiped relentlessly with their loudly whispery leaves stopped as they would no longer be brushed harshly by the gales. The corvids edged closer as their heads leaned out to Zahrah. It was then that the leaves of the trees would dance cheerfully along with Zahrah, the lycoris did too as they swayed side to side in rhythm with the plush's performance. The sun's light felt more bright. Even the cold and sudden breeze could not be felt, as they floated by in a hurry.

Ophenia was struck awfully. As she listened, she couldn't help but feel giddy. To the sylph, the song felt like quite the happy one and she couldn't help but want to smile. Zahrah playing an instrument made the chanteuse feel a little bit inferior, for all she could do is sing and dance. She could not play an instrument, and all the music she had was played via magic with the Resonator. However, that shouldn't get her down after listening to such a sweet little tune.

"Dear Forteor! That was truly delightful!☆" Clapped the sylph, as she'd smile. "I did not know that you played an instrument! That song was truly the most loveliest of tunes I could ever hear. It truly makes me feel delighted~☆" She'd excitedly praise, "What is the name of that song? It was quite quaint!" Ophenia asked, her face smiling as the resonator glitz in orange. "Ah! I should do a follow-up performance!... I wonder if I can stand on par with such a performance." She added, her tone peppering slightly nervous, the hue of the resonator's gleam dulled.

Ophenia believed she had not a song which fit the ravens' demands... However, if she sang heartfully then the sylph thought that surely the ravens would be happy even if it did not meet their expectations. Ophenia gently pressed both her hands over where her heart should be. Even if she did have lyrics, the birds would not have understood them. "Ah♫ I mayhaps have something at thought!" The chanteuse stated, smiling as she clasped together her hands and took in a deep breath. Yes, she remembered a song that was oft' sung by those from that place.

Lalala♪

With her form miming love, Ophenia sang simply with her voice. It was not intended, but the resonator would begin to sing along with her. Shifting anxiously chartreuse, the tone glistened in the colour of fondness. Unlike with Zahrah, the trees and flowers felt not the need to dance along or listen to the sound of the wind. For they are complacent in comparison, as Ophenia hummed, they were swayed by the chilling air which winded east. Along its silvery walk, the cold arms of the breeze pulled weakly on the singing sylph's hair and grabbed the glittering adornments and ribbons th'on wore. They all fluttered briefly before they eventually gave up. For the wind must always be someplace else.

Once the two's performances were done, there was a brief silence which would fill the air. The group would become truly aware of how tired this village was meant to be. Rustling was the leaves of the trees, gossiping in silence about all the things which happened far out from now. They would soon become old once fall befalls them. In the end, the leaves will die, and the flowers will wither. Waiting again for when spring frolics on the earth.

The sky was turning blue as the morning passed, counting one second and then two and then so on, as it would slowly but surely let the moons rise again once the sun has had its time. The sun gleamed capriciously in the azure sky, burning the light of any other stars which may wish to shine. The cold air would breeze past the group while the flowers swayed gently from side to side. Like the flowers before them, they too shall return to dirt.

The ravens would flap their wings, harking for attention. <"Gyahahahah!"> <"Kaakaa! Splendid!"> <"Gyaaah!"> They croaked cheerily, their tone suggesting a smile. For ravens like them could not sing a song as beautiful as the daughter of the wind, or whistle a tune as gleefully cheering as the pursuer of happiness. For cursed they were with a mocking voice which signalled only symbols of death to mortal folk. It was very easy to sense their envy.

<"A happy song you whistle soft one!"> <"Makes me laugh! Kaakaa!"> <"Tingle! Kaa! Tingle!!"> Said the ravens, laughing. <"The windly-one sings singingly! Gyaah!"> <"Kaakaa!!"> The ravens squawked. The black-feathered wings flapped oddly. The raven atop the statue tilted its head, staring at the two performers blankly and without a word. <"But! Kaakaa!"> <"But? Yes but!!"> <"Gyaah! Not sweet enough! Too ungentle! Inelegant!"> Criticised they, and thus laughed loudly. <"Kyaaa! But since you did sing and whistle...."> <"Kaakaa! We're telling you now! Leave! Gyaaah! Leave this village, and run far away!"> <"It's coming, gyaaah! He who cries black tears, wishing pain to those who smile. Beware pursuers of happiness!"> <"Kaakaa! Heed our warning not, and you shall truly be cursed! Gyaah!">

The ravens would finally shout, before fluttering their wings and gliding away. The wind whirled as they flew amain. The single raven on the stone statue opened its beak, "Krrrwwugggh... Rraahvv..... vuhrrr... rrylyy...." It croaked. Ophenia and Zahrah would be able to sense that the raven was... happy? Complimenting them perhaps? There would be a silent chill that passes them. As if he wasn't there, to begin with, the sciurine beastman disappeared.

DEPRESSIONRound8-1.png

A creature of jealousy. Oden pondered thoughtfully, as her feathers calmed and her gaze settled back on the tea ceremony. She left the departing Tsusagi with a nod of thanks and acknowledgement, before focusing back on Yoko. "The arcane... I see. At the very least, your healing will be indispensable on the battlefield." She commented idly, sipping from the cracked teacup and submerging herself in the aroma that sharpened her senses and mind. "If we cannot guarantee their safety, I would prefer to avoid using someone unable to fight." She voiced her first thought with a still tone. "But, we do have limited means at our disposal. If you think that idea would be best, we could always inquire first."
Traditional Tea

<"Hoohoo~"> The owl chuckled, she seemed a slight bit surprised at Oden's statement. <"I see not why you worry for a construct made with cotton and stuffing. Beneath that 'skin' they bear may be nought any organs or even blood to spilt. From what I recall, Tsuki-tan is quite the seamster and thus should be able to fix anything if they're damaged in some way."> Yoko stated, sipping tea. <"If that fae were to perform with it, they should fair fine as well. That cat spirit seemed quite unaffected by the curse. Furthermore, Fae is tricksy folk so they are usually more powerful than they present."> The owl hooted, placing down the teacup.

Despite how hot it may have appeared, after drinking the tea it would seemingly become quite cool. Although the cup itself was warm to the touch. The flavour, despite the quite aromatic fragrance, was extremely bitter with a very slight saltiness to it. Comparably, the taste was like that of drinking tears. It was then that the door north of the two owls would open, Tsusagi walked through with two black plates.

Carefully, he'd step over toward the two and place one plate down beside each. On the plate was one flower-shaped sweet, presumably made from rice flour. It did not have any aroma to it, unlike the tea. Tsusagi then went to the corner of the room, opened the cabinet in the indent and took out a red wooden chest. He'd sit down before placing the chest beside where he sat. It may come to Oden's attention that Tsusagi's hands looked slightly damp.

His ears twitched. <"Inside the chest is the bow. It has been snapped and shattered in the middle, the string is also missing. Please do see what it is that you can do."> Tsusagi squeaked, <"Feel not the need to repeat what had been said, I was listening. What Yoko-san suggested may be a likely option, however, I do indeed understand your worries Oden-san. Fret not, for we only need its attention diverted. As soon as it gets too close we shall strike it down..."> The geisha would say as his ear twitched again.

<"Hoohoo~ Hear something?"> Asked Yoko, the leporine very slightly winced. <"I am sure you may have noticed, however, it seems they have already begun with their 'duet.' I also heard the ravens taking flight. Hopefully, that means they are not being attacked."> Said he, before the room fell silent for a bit. Yoko sipped on her tea, as Tsusagi's ear twitched again.

They would all hear it. There was this sound. It was not the whistling of Zahrah's tin whistle or the voice of Ophenia's song. Nor was it the sound of the wind flying past, or the leaves of the trees rustling as a result. Trees and thickets were being shifted as a result of movement. There was something approaching from somewhere. For time is like a maiden incessantly chasing after someone's heart, thus she waits for no one. The fray drew near, whether they liked it or not.

DEPRESSIONRound8-2.png

Zahrah Fiore

latest

Astolfo
Languages: Common | <Beastial> | {Sylvan} | [Terran] | #Monster# | =Analog=
Mentions: Faynorae Faynorae

“I know right!?!” Zahrah called out when they heard Ophenia talk about how magnificent a talking statue was. It really was wonderful! Their enthusiasm was a little diminished when Ophenia couldn't come up with a song either. “Perhaps we can write one ourselves!” Zahrah suggested, their enthusiasm already returning.

As for their tin whistle solo, they were surprised at how well-received it was. They should've learned how to blow their whistle way earlier in life! This was truly a magnificent happiness tool! Yes, yes, also surprisingly fun to play. “Thank you, thank you~ I'm glad I was able to entertain you all! I'll admit I haven't performed before with it, so I'm glad my tin whistle debut went well~ This one was called The Bird in the Bush! I thought it'd be a fitting song for our lovely corvid audience!” They were hyped at Ophenia's next suggestion. “Yes, yes! Follow it up! Let's goooo!” They cheered her on. After her song, they'd give her a standing ovation. “That was great~ Oh, oh, perhaps we should try going together next~ I bet that'd be great as well!”

“<Yaaay~ I'm glad you liked it!>” They replied to the raven's praises. “Whooo! They say you sing singingly!” They happily translated for Ophenia. However, they were a bit disappointed by the next part. “<Oh.... how come? Surely we can figure out how to sing even sweeter, even more elegant! Tell me, tell me! How to get it to perfection! Yes, yes!>” They were hoping for some more constructive feedback, before translating the bad news to Ophenia.

The next part shocked them a little. Sort-off. “They're telling us to leave and run away, as the one who cries black tears and who wishes pain to those who smile is coming. They're warning us we'll be cursed of we don't leave~” They spoke with a surprising cheer to their voice. “I guess that means we won't have to go look for the snake! The snake's heading here, so all we need is a plan on how the cheer up that snake~ Perhaps we can do a duet!” They offered, excited at the prospect and not taking the warnings even the slightest bit serious.

As the stone statue spoke again, Zahrah once again failed to try make sense of it. “I'm afraid I don't know what a krug rahv vurhrly is...” That was a shame. Actually, they had an idea! A great idea! “<Why don't you just speak in beastial?>” “{Or maybe speaking in Sylvan is easier for you?}” “[Or perhaps Terran, although I doubt it, since it 's too close to common...]” A shocking thought went through their mind. “#What if I speak the language of monsters?#” They hadn't spoken that one before, so their accent might be a bit thick, but perhaps it'd work. There was one more they could try.

“01010111 01101000 01100001 01110100 00100000 01101001 01100110 00100000 01110111 01100101 00100000 01110011 01110000 01100101 01100001 01101011 00100000 01100001 01101110 01100001 01101100 01101111 01100111 00111111 00100000 01010100 01101000 01100101 01101110 00100000 01111001 01101111 01110101 00100111 01100100 00100000 01101111 01101110 01101100 01111001 00100000 01101110 01100101 01100101 01100100 00100000 01110100 01101111 00100000 01101101 01100001 01101011 01100101 00100000 01100011 01101100 01101001 01100011 01101011 01101001 01101110 01100111 00100000 01101110 01101111 01101001 01110011 01100101 01110011 00100000 01100010 01100001 01100011 01101011 00100001 00100000 01010100 01101000 01100001 01110100 00100000 01110011 01101000 01101111 01110101 01101100 01100100 00100000 01100010 01100101 00100000 01110111 01100001 01111001 00100000 01100101 01100001 01110011 01101001 01100101 01110010 00100000 01110100 01101111 00100000 01110000 01110010 01101111 01101110 01101111 01110101 01101110 01100011 01100101 00101100 00100000 01110010 01101001 01100111 01101000 01110100 00111111 00100000 01010010 01101001 01100111 01101000 01110100 00111111” They spoke. (“=What if we speak Analog? Then you'd only need to make clicking noises back! That should be way easier to pronounce, right? Right?=”)

After having had so much difficulty communicating with Tiefy, they'd really tried their best to ensure that they could talk with anyone and anything they'd meet, so they really hoped one of those languages would make communicating with this awesome statue a little easier.

A Grade CD's (0/5)
B Grade CD's (2/3)
C Grade CD's (0/2)
D Grade CD's (0/1)
E Grade CD's (0/0)
F Grade CD's (0/0)

Oden (#ACA9A7)
The fact that Zahrah was a construct, or at least had announced themselves to be, hadn't quite settled in Oden's mind yet. Much of their words and proclamations had flown over her head after all. Hence the talk of cotton stuffing and lack of blood or organs was something the old owl hadn't really considered. When she thought of constructs, all that came to mind was the East Empire's creations fifty years ago. The war machines that slaughtered their soldiers... it was rather hard to equate that image with Zahrah. If anything, they seemed the complete opposite, advocating for happiness and peace rather than destruction.

As the discussion shifted towards using an additional person as a distraction, Ophenia, Oden imperceptibly frowned. "Your words are built on assumptions." The old owl stated gently, her eyes glinting strangely as she gained some insight into the priestess. She wouldn't go as far as to label her as a bestial supremist, but the disregard towards the construct and fae, as ostentatious as they were, was something to take note of. "I still think that we should inquire first, but I will follow what you two decide." Oden continued to sip her tea with a gentle smile. The startlingly cool, bitter flavour of the beverage was something Oden thought she had imagined, but the more she drank, the more she ascertained its strange taste. She had nothing against bitter teas, she was actually quite fond of them, but even after ingesting quite a bit, she couldn't quite get used to its taste of pure... sadness.

Gently putting the teacup down, the old owl gaze flitted over the leporine's cooled hands with relief before settling on the pastry. She internally pondered what sort of taste would complement such a strange tea, before she took a bite, alongside a sip from her cup, to satiate her curiosity. Though nodding along with Tsusagi's words of comfort, the owl's thoughts lingered on the aforementioned bow, sparing no time in opening up the chest to appraise the damage.

She winced at the sight, as Tsusagi had truly not overstated the damage. With the center of its riser shattered and nothing but frays left on its notches, it looked pretty bad. But fortunately, with the wood cut in two relatively smooth enough for recovery, and the reel of spare bow string she kept in reserve for her own bow, she might be able to at least render it usable. Just as she retrieved her meagre whittling blade whilst listening to the pair's idle gossip on the village's new performer duo, she stopped. The sound of trees being torn and uprooted, and leaves rustling and cracking, echoed across the village.

"That's not good." Oden stated, re-doubling her focus on Tsusagi's bow with quickened hands. "Can you go check on the situation? I will deliver this as soon as I am able." She requested placidly, her words directed to no one in particular.

Time: 09:20

• Character Goals:
    • THROUGH ♡ SONG♪♫♪
    • AND ✧ DANCE!!!

Language Keys:
    • "Common"
    • <"Beastial">

Traditional Tea

<"Assumptions, ho?"> Chirped Yoko in surprise, she'd chuckle a bit. <"Hoohoo~ Perchance it is so, although I'd be inclined to say that those of their kind do indeed live much longer than we do. Our 90th year is their 21st. A well-maintained knight of iron and steel can live for maybe 100 years on end, and hoo~ Seamaids can live for 3 centuries, so is it not fair to believe they bear both more wisdom and strength, whether physically or mentally, than us who can barely muster our 9th decade? Hoo?"> The priestess defended her statement,

<"I can see how I can be perceived as assumptuous, yet truthfully, I just believe it is not fair to underestimate the fae who know the unknown and constructs who are tough-built. Hoohoo~"> Hooted Yoko. Tsusagi crossed his arms, <"Fae, Construct or not, they are individuals, Yoko-san. That is why we must treat them as such, and thus it is well to make them aware of all threats and dangers to make sure they do not walk ignorantly into treachery and cause unneeded casualties."> Said he, with a bitter expression.

Oden would be surprised to learn the taste of the sweet was not all that sweet. The soft flavour of rice was noticeable and the texture was quite agreeable and seemed to melt in her mouth. It did indeed have a distinctive flowery taste... It did not taste native to the nation, however, it had this whimsical feeling and somehow complimented the pale tea. The flavours waltz harmoniously, although the taste of the tea stayed there, it was not as harsh and could even seem pleasant. It somehow tasted warmer.

<"Hoohoo~ Quite uncommon tastes you are serving Tsuki-tan~?"> Playfully Yoko chirped, the geisha immediately wincing. <"Fleeting Moonglow for tea, how lovely it is to be served such an expensive beverage..."> With that said, Oden could perhaps recall; An exquisitely rare flower which scarcely blooms only on the surface of deep water with the light of the full moon shining upon it. As delicately as it blooms, it then immediately falls apart upon the light of the sun being shone upon it, turning into fine dust upon the water's surface. This dust is tediously collected and used as an expensive spice or even more expensive tea, the flower itself has been deemed impossible to collect as it falls apart at even the slightest touch.

<"The Moon reflected in the water-- Flowers reflected in the mirror. Beauty impossible to even touch. In the language of flowers, it means: 'To long for the unobtainable.' It stayed in my cupboard for far too long, so I decided to serve it today. I apologise if it is not to your liking."> Said Tsusagi. <"Legend has it that those who eat a freshly bloomed Moonglow shall attain eternal beauty and youth. However, that is merely a myth, as such can never possibly be done."> He'd add, before standing up.

<"As Oden-san said, I must indeed be on my way. I will gather the residents inside, and relay our strategy to those rose buds. I entrust you with my weapon, Oden-san. Please do take care of it."> He'd state, as he would hastily leave through the southern door. <"Hoohoo~ Seems like it is time we begin the preparations."> Yoko would say, taking out a slim piece of charred coal and pieces of white parchment. She'd quietly write something down on the strips of parchment.

DEPRESSIONRound8-2.png

• Delightful Duet

Ophenia was glad, with a shimmering smile accompanied by the delightful glow of the resonator, Ophenia stood straight and did a simple bow. "Thank you kindly, I am glad you enjoyed it~" She'd say with a bubbly expression. "Truthfully, I believe your performance of 'The Bird in the Bush' was much more splendid than mine." Ophenia would compliment, she did indeed believe so. After all, playing an instrument so well is not something any common person can do. Perchance the sylph would learn well to pick one up as well...

The sylph's face lit up when hearing Zahrah's suggestion, "T- Together?!" Ophenia would state, her tone matching her smiling face. "That is the loveliest idea you can think of, Dear Fodiorre! Ah♪ Ah♫ I wonder what we could do~? Perhaps I can dance and play music on my resonator while you sing? Oh! Mayhaps we could sing in tandem? Do you perchance know of any songs we could sing together?" She'd twirl excitedly, the whole idea made her heart beat faster.

The resonator gleamed orange. "This is just the wind's wings! We should begin rehearsing now!" The chanteuse giggled with sparkling eyes. Hearing that the birds supposedly liked how she sang, Ophenia would glisteringly smile. What she didn't really understand was what Zahrah translated next; Th'on also felt slightly off put by the birds taking off.

"We have to leave?" Ophenia chimed silently, "...The one who cries black tears? For why are they crying?" The resonator toned down to a solemn blue. However, the plush person had a way of words and easily peppered away the sylph's worries. "How delighting! You are much too right!" She'd cheerfully smile, "A duet, of what song? Do you perhaps know any~? No matter what we sing, I believe surely we shall dazzle them!" Ophenia assured with a confident grin.

Ophenia herself couldn't understand what the statue was saying, but she could understand the tone behind it... Yes... It was pleased. "I think they mean to say it was 'lovely'? Ah~ Mayhaps they want us to sing more!" The sylph theorised. However, whatever Zahrah was... doing... May have been just as effective. Maybe. Ophenia would not know. She was quite impressed at Zahrah's ability to speak so many languages, though it did confuse the sylph a bit when Zahrah began to start screaming and then immediately making noises she also couldn't understand... Were these truly languages?

The sylph felt quite inexperienced. Yet something caught Ophenia's attention while the plush person was trying to communicate with the 'statue.' The person who stood near them was gone, and she hadn't noticed him move past the two of them. Ophenia's resonator waned, it concerned her a bit. "Uh... Dear Fauxfer, did you see to where the man who stood here went?" The sylph gently poked Zahrah, pointing to where the man originally stood.

Sakura Sakura

Oh how restlessly the winds wound. Brushing past harshly to the east, the wind itself seemed like it was almost running away. The raven tilted its head and didn't seem to react. It did not understand Zahrah at all. After all, Zahrah was trying to talk to the statue the bird sat upon and not the bird themself. However, the bird would not understand such inclusive languages in the first place. It opened its wings and fluttered, flying on top of Zahrah's head. It sat there, like a hen.

It found itself quite comfortable. Zahrah could sense it, the Raen found itself quite happy. <"Hist! Hist!"> Someone honked, it was a familiar voice. Yes, it was none other than the man himself, the leporine geisha, Tsusagi. <"You two, it is best you be on your way and seek shelter in one of the houses. The ukime no orochi approaches swiftly."> He'd firmly suggest, stepping closer. <"However..."> He'd add, staring firmly at Zahrah and Ophenia,

<"It would do well if you put your bright apparels and skill of the arts to good use. We require a distraction for our strategy, and if it is calm with you two, then mayhaps it'd do well to prepare for your duet performance right now. I suggest to move to the middle of the village if you choose to accept. Act amain."> Tsusagi firmly stated, with a face that held almost no expression.

Despite this, both Zahrah and Ophenia with their keen [Empathy] would be able to discern worry in the geisha's eyes.

DEPRESSIONRound9-1.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back