• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Graded [Halla Village] Embers of Heartache

Mentions: Garbage Pail Kid Garbage Pail Kid Orikanyo Orikanyo LadyOfStars LadyOfStars

"I thought they'd never put the mockers on chasin' me." Jack's chest heaved as he breathed heavily, slowing down as soon as he noticed that he wasn't being followed anymore. "I were just bein' 'onest, right? The mead tasted like piss!" Building up a sweat, Jack started to roll up his sleeves and loosen up his shirt. He was often surrounded with loud yells and boisterous chatter, but this time, it was different. It was silent, and Jack wasn't used to it. The eerie sounds creaked and squeaked around him, but the calm moonlit sky made the whole experience strangely soothing. However, it didn't last long as a strangled moan echoed out of nowhere, surprising Jack and ruining the peaceful mood he was getting in to.

"Wot the bloody hell fire were that?!" More curious than frightened, he followed the blood-curdling groans, picking up a few rocks as he creeped forward. The harrowing noise became louder as he drew nearer, and after going through a thick bush, Jack found himself in an awkward situation.

"Wotcher lads lookin' at?!" He spoke bluntly looking at Sade and Oliver as walked into something he'd probably regret later on. "And yer fellas, yer sure are lookin' ugly!" He turned towards the monstrous raiders, pelting all three with a rock.

"Eh, up, yer lads better back me up!" Jack growled, raising his guard, lifting up both his fists as he readied himself for a fight. If he knew one thing, the ugly ones always looked for a fight.

TLDR: Jack used Powerful Throw on one, aiming for the head. Then just normal throws to two others, also aiming for the head.

Ability Used:
  • Powerful Throw - Fighting Style [Natural Weapons] F, Range F (10 Feet), Superstrength F - Jack flexes his muscles, making them visibly bulge, before throwing whatever he has in his hand/hands up to 10 feet away - Grade F - 0 Post Cooldown

Last edited:

Crymaria moved through the forest as the group split up into two groups. "I'm sure our comrades will be fine; they both seem strong," Crymaria stated as they had moved further past the group that ran into the bandits. She didn't really didn't think she had a lot to worry about. Though the trees were going to be annoying since there wasn't going to be a whole lot of room. "We should move further in, we don't want to waste their distraction," she stated before moving onward.

Crymaria stopped at Taz and put his hand up with the ridge 10 feet from them. The sounds of cages and shouting echoed through the air. She was still curious to see these bandits' whole goal. The need for number of children it sounded like they had was excessive. Though she figured that once they caught up with the group they would find out what was going on here.

"Comrade Taz at this distance I doubt any of us could close the gap quickly enough to catch up," She stated shaking her head as she listened to the random intervals of sounds. When Taz had his idea Crymaria looked over at Boris for a moment and tiled her head left to right, pondering the idea. "If the trees catch us, I'm sure Comrade Boris will be able to catch a limb or a tree. Bears are bears after all," she concluded not entirely sure how they were going to predict the path. "But, I'm not sure how we will be able to predict the sound," she admitted.

Mentions: LadyOfStars LadyOfStars Orikanyo Orikanyo Vafhudr Vafhudr Garbage Pail Kid Garbage Pail Kid Stanley Stanley

9uK3Blf.png

Kokobayashi Chunchunmaru | Character Sheet

"Koko agrees." She thought to herself, nodding in response to Crymaria's statement about their comrades. Focused on the task at hand, Koko kept her movements quiet, hoping not to draw any attention to their group. Koko appreciated how Crymaria took the lead. Although she's trained for most of her life, there weren't that many instances where she was allowed to make use of what she knew. This was the perfect opportunity to finally put knowledge into practice while learning from others who appeared to be more experienced.

Koko was a confident shot, but in unfamiliar conditions, she wasn't naive enough not to doubt her skills. She listened to the plan Tarz had suggested. Given that they did not have the luxury of time to contemplate on what to do, Koko simply braced herself as the village warrior set up some sort of spell. "Koko trusts in your judgment." The gradual updraft blew her hair upward as she held her crossbow in both hands. "Koko will worry about the landing later. Koko just needs to get close enough to get a good shot in."

1667061559132.png
Sade
The Brazen Brawler​

There was no turning back now, not that she would want to, but everyone moved with purpose to do their part in her quickly thrown together plan. She didn't know anything about them, but she had faith that determination and courage would be enough to see them all through whatever darkness awaited them within the forest. The darkness created by the trees was not missed by the brazen warrior, but knowing that she had a companion with her helped to quell any dark thoughts that tried to rise in her mind. "Stay behind me when the fighting starts, Oliver, I'll let nothing interrupt your casting." It was a bold promise to make, but one Sade intended to keep.

And it seemed that she would get the chance to prove herself as the first enemies appeared. But something was wrong with them and as the green blades illuminated their flesh, she saw what it was. "Homunculi?" Frankenstein's monster had been recreated in the forest, several times over it seemed. And just when their numbers seemed to swell beyond reason, a new friend showed up. Sade watched as Jack made the first move and she knew she had to follow suit.

"You're Mine!" As promised, Sade put herself between Oliver and the incoming threats and once in position she slammed her fist into the ground and felt the earth tremble as it broke apart to create a fissure in the ground that would cut straight across the attackers' path. She hoped that some would be caught in the opening and others slowed by its sudden appearance.

• You’re Mine! - Herculean Strength E - Penetrating F, Quake F, Super Strength E - Sade brings her hand down with a great deal of power, causing a shockwave to erupt towards a target. Creates a 10ft deep fissure wide enough for an average sized human to fall into. Ignores 1 Grade of item used for defense, 10ft Deep Fissure, - Grade E - 1 Post Cooldown
Orikanyo Orikanyo Stanley Stanley Garbage Pail Kid Garbage Pail Kid

Oliver
86df8154377c9965fae28a1c9338cf0b.jpg

It was an easy enough thing, follow the tank, like any mmo and generally thats what his combat experience has come to. who knew life was like a video game when your transported into a magical world after death like an anime? "..You certainly are strong aren't you, but, could always be stronger." he gave a quick clasp of his hands together and quickly grabbed his staff once more in his hands. He would cast a spell that would hopefully benefit them for awhile here....

"Well, I can take a few guesses why they want the children.. heres hoping the others hurry along.." he spun his left hand once in the air and targeted himself and Sade with this spell, letting the magic loose to strengthen and invigorate the two combatants...; And why not the third.. Strange.. over cussing person as well? Whoever the hell they were sure why not.

"We've a minute on this, keep up the work!"

• Bolster: Strength - Magic Affinity: D, Magic Range: D, Bolster Strength: E, Spell Duration: F, Magic Target E - The most straight forward of enhancements one can produce, choose a target within range and for about an minute they shall gain a temporary boon to strength, 2 grade effectiveness increase over existing strength. - Grade E - 1 Post Cooldown - 100 foot range 5 targets, 1 minute duration
"There we are, I really should get a sword or something of the sort sometime.." he gave a small pause to utilize the appraise skill upon the evil looking.. Zombie.. things... While he has the time of course..

Last edited:

The tremor that ruptured into the ground echoed across the eerie quiet of the woods; Sade made her promise manifest as she sent four of these looming marauders into an unexpected pit. Trees cutting off either side of the hole and forcing another dozen of them to shift direction across. An effective start as she garnered a great deal of attention. Guttural moans of anger and savagery approaching her from either angle now before three them of them were just completely blasted by the scattershot of rocks perforating them and splattered their ichor onto the adjacent trees. Two undead raiders meeting Jack in confrontation; their sluggish swings belying their supernatural gifts as in a flash two slashes carved across his guard. The aura of their blades biting into Jack's guard.

A new ally unexpectedly entering the fray.

1667198389330.png

Oliver would have his work cut out for him as more of these cretins polluted the woods around them; green light emitted from their weapons like caustic lanterns lighting their way of carnage. Arrows loosing from the dark as six flew at both Sade and Oliver; the same stinging lights glinting off the arrowheads as they arched across the night sky toward their targets. A distant sound of music beginning to emanate from the depths of the forest. A fervor infecting their enemy as their bodies started to grow; bones snapping against thickening muscle; moans becoming bestial growls.

A ritual was beginning.

Tarz heard them both out, agreeing with Crymaria that the distance would still be too vast for them to succeed outright, but recon had won him more victories than anything. He scratched his head as he nodded along to Koko's succinct point "I'll get you close enough to get a clear sight on him, and get in position, and when you both fire, I'll go for the kids. Hey uh...Comrade Boris? Think you could help me kick that guy's ass? I saw what you did to that broad-sheesh" He said with a cheesy grin, and took the first step onto his updraft, firing forward fifty feet. His hands clapping and emitting that light once more before producing another updraft on top of a tree's canopy, launching again into the air. When Crymaria and Koko were both in the air, they didn't feel a sense of aimless panic in a need to course correct; the updrafts connecting in a way that god probably didn't intend.

1667198016528.png

Crymaria caught sight of something running from an adjacent direction. The dim lights from the many phosphorescent insects, revealing a humanoid figure that moved entirely different than the shambling zombies. it almost looked like it was running on all fours. Tarz once again bringing up another updraft on a tree. The moment Tarz landed, The tree exploded as that figure clashed into it; What was worse, they were beginning to fall into this cloud of smoke. They did catch sight of The Chief as they were now only 40 or so feet behind him now. The sudden eruption causing him to stop for the first time as he looked back. A look of surprising turning into absolutely joy "My creation! Bring Ruin to everyone that opposes me!-Silence you little dogs" He shouted at the three cages worth of children he toted across his back.

1667198270589.png

A pair of wrathful, orange eyes facing them from the plume of smoke and debris.

1667198339580.png

Crymaria cracked her knuckles looking in the direction of the sounds that were heard. This might get ugly if we don't handle this right, though I trust my comrades to make the right decision. She thought to herself as Taz spoke again, Crymaria slowly nodding her head as he mentioned Comrade Boris she looked toward the bear for a moment. "Comrade Boris follow Comrade Taz," she stated to the bear as she stood up.

She was then lifted off the ground after Taz took off into the air, being sent through the air toward where the sounds had originated from. She prepared to grab onto something when the tree Taz had grabbed onto exploded near her. Did these bandits bring artillery? She thought to herself as she saw the orange eyes appear from the smoke.

"Comrade Boris Orange eyes!" Crymaria commanded as she brought her arms closer to herself to speed up her descent trying to aim for the target. Preparing a fist and going for a punch to the center of the chest using Northern Strike.

• Northern Strike- Fighting Style Northern Bear Style (Natural Weapons) F, (Aura F, Frost), Natural Weapons F - Crymaria delivers a strike using her Aura to deliver physical and frost damage to the target upon contact. - Grade F - 0 Post Cooldown

Mentions: LadyOfStars LadyOfStars Orikanyo Orikanyo Vafhudr Vafhudr Garbage Pail Kid Garbage Pail Kid Stanley Stanley

Sade

1667313082803.png

They were vastly outnumbered, but Sade favored those odds and it showed upon her face as a cocky grin formed. She watched as new lights formed in the distance and spared a brief glance back at Oliver after he cast his spell. "Don't worry about me." The brawler insisted as she raised her right arm to flex a little. She felt a little stronger after having been the target of his magic, but she felt his attention would be more useful elsewhere. She turned her attention back to the enemies, hearing them start to swarm around them. She couldn't hesitate to attack and to defend Oliver. Together, with this stranger, they still had to cause a great enough distraction for the others.

Unfortunately the enemy was more versatile than she had expected. Arrows that held the same green glow as those swords were coming straight for them. Without hesitation Sade threw herself in front of Oliver with her arms stretched out wide. She didn't know if he was fast enough or if he would have a spell to deflect them, so she would play human shield.

Garbage Pail Kid Garbage Pail Kid Orikanyo Orikanyo Stanley Stanley

Oliver
ebc1fb8235b11ae72fd0af9cbeeb1bb8.jpg
"...Oh Sweetheart, bless you."

Oliver saw the incoming arrows, and casted his spell in return. Stamping his staff into the ground he called upon the lightning as he had ever so many times before. "Such valiance could get you killed... or capture a heart but I'm sure you don't want no old man like me, keep the offensive my dear." he teased, and casted his spell as he did so, a real multitasker. he would follow up with a second casting of a spell, to make the number of spears in the air equal to the incoming arrows. he didn't want any of them coming through.. But.. Also.. the lightning would be angled at the incoming archers as well, no doubt giving them a nasty shock.

• Lightning forks - Magic Affinity D, Magic Range D, Lightning affinity F, magic target E a deadly ranged lightning spell that fans out to many foes! Grade D 2 post cooldown - 100 foot Range 5 targets 14 grade effectiveness counter​
  • Lightning Spear - Magic Affinity D, Magic Range D, Lightning affinity F, basic of all lightning based spells. this brief incantation fires a small bolt of electricity from the user's staff at a target at range. Grade D 2 post cool-down - 100 foot Range *Down casted to F grade 12 grade effectiveness counter​
Cooldowns:
E grade 1/1 *ding*
D grade 0/2

Sade, without missing a beat, leaps in front of Oliver to take on the arrows that were shot at the both of them. A pensive moment passing as impact was assured. Oliver unfurling ribbons of lightning out into clashing spears; each one fizzling an arrow before they managed to pierce Sade. His cast twofold as lightning fired at the archers and fired all, but one. Their corpses crumpling into steaming piles of ash as their way was mostly clear. There were still threats dwelling in the dark of the woods, but the sound of an uproarious conflict could be heard up ahead. If there was any moment to break out of this onslaught, it'd be now.

Oliver saw through the momentary illumination of his spell, the rising of smoke and debris being scattered farther in the distance. It was safe to assume that the other team had made contact with The Chief. A storm beginning to billow overhead; a simple drizzle soon crescendo'd into a heavy rainfall. the pit Sade had created becoming a grave of mud to the (not so) poor sods who were caught within. The remaining archer having no view across thee rift and being force to try and trek for a better vantage.

A crack of lightning mirroring the sensation of a voice splitting through Sade's conscience

I...don't want to kill them! H-help me!

It was strong, but incredibly young. A desperate reaction to something abhorrent coming from deeper within the woods.
Boris didn't need much more in terms of commands as he and Crymaria met this unseen threat with defiance; clearing the smoke; Boris makinghis move first. A pair of thick arms raised and met his claws and teeth with nary a scratch, though allowed her the opening she needed as her northern strike made contact. The figure reeled back from the sudden force and freezing cold, seeing her enemy in full now. A young girl with skin of coal; adorned in the tribal attire the rest of the raiders adorned, horns spiraling from either side of her head as orange eyes burned back at her with automated wrath. A collar around her neck glowing the same color, flaring brighter and causing her to growl in pain before lurching forward.

Crymaria' history unexpectedly clicking as she watched this girl move swiftly, and launch a barrage of kicks into Boris before ducking a massive bite from his jaws. It was all happening in seconds, but the moves she incorporated were most assuredly combat sambo. The horned girl rolling underneath boris, sweeping her legs to catch him off balance and launched him at Crymaria, though for some reason she didn't follow it up as she gripped her fists and seemed to be in some sort of...pain? It seemed she was fighting herself as much as she was fighting them. Rain beginning to fall in sheets around them as even the weather was becoming tumultuous.

1667707350028.png

The Chief hadn't expected them to get here so fast, but the collar was taking effect nonetheless, even if she hadn't had enough time in the incubation period. He let her do what she was made to do and focused on ridding himself of these squirming problems; setting the mewling cages down around the ritual site. Everything had been prepared in advance, and he only needed a little time to open up a gate. He removed pendent from his neck and stabbed it's sharp edge into his palm, suspending his bleeding hand over a blood encrusted bowl. His focus fractured enough where he didn't see Tarz in the dark of the woods, creeping ever closer to the cages he had set next to this ritual he was beginning. Rain mixing with blood in the bowl as some disgusting aura was beginning to manifest.

"Hear my words oh Lord of The Arts! Hear me oh Paimon! Accept my offering and grace me with your resonance once more! I, Fulgrem, Seek an audience"

1667707964682.png

Sade

1667894385750.png

She had to admit, she was impressed by Oliver's mastery of lightning and his ability to use it to counter even bolts of archers. She had readied herself for the pain, but it seemed she had underestimated her elven friend. "Your talent is undeniable, Oliver." The brawler praised with a grin. The incoming sound of rain drew her attention to the sky and she let out a heavy sigh. This was the last thing that they needed and as she wiped the rain from her eyes, Sade cursed the gods for this bit of misfortune.

But then she heard it, a voice inside her heard that cried for help. She turned quickly on her hells, looking for the source but did not see it. "Did you hear that?" She asked of the mage before she turned to look deeper into the forest and through caution to the wind. Her thick locks of black her whipped around, now drenched with rain as she started towards the greater commotion.

The sight that awaited them was far from what she had expected. "Craven." She cursed venomously as she noted the man preparing what seemed to be a dark ritual of sorts. "He means to use the children for his dark cause!" She shouted to Oliver, her voice carrying through the rain. On the other hand there was also the girl who it seemed had been fighting the bear, but was now suffering. She seemed young and that broke Sade's heart. "You two stop the ritual, I'll help our allies!" If someone could fight a bear and survive then that was an opponent for Sade, but she had intentions beyond that of combat.

"We're not your enemy!"
She declared as she made her approach to the horned girl. "We're here to free you all from him! Stand down!" Her hands went up in a submissive manner, showing that she was no threat to the girl. "Are you hurt?"

Garbage Pail Kid Garbage Pail Kid Orikanyo Orikanyo saxon saxon Vafhudr Vafhudr Stanley Stanley

Crymaria watched as Boris went in for the beginning of the combat and smirked as her punch had made contact with the woman. The woman felt strange her coal colored skin and those eyes. While they didn't send shivers down her spine, they looked like they were fully ready to fight. She had not encountered a being like this in the world before which caused her to pause for a moment. She saw as the color glowed the same color as the woman's eyes.

Could this comrade be forced to do the bandits bidding? Crymaria thought to herself as the woman then launched herself at Boris starting to fight back now. Though the fighting brought her back to the motherland. "Strange glowing eyed comrade if you know that technique then we are surely comrades. We shall attempt to free you from this haze that has clouded your mind. Comrade Boris!" Crymaria stated as she rushed forward to join the frey once again.

Boris would let out a growl using Red Winter's Grasp to weaken the target's strength. While Crymaria came in and went to deliver a kick with northern strike aiming for the strange glowing color that she had seen before in the attempt to break the collar or damage it.

• Northern Strike- Fighting Style Northern Bear Style (Natural Weapons) F, (Aura F, Frost), Natural Weapons F - Crymaria delivers a strike using her Aura to deliver physical and frost damage to the target upon contact. - Grade F - 0 Post Cooldown
  • Red Winter's Grasp - Weaken Strength F - Causes the target to go down 1 grade of strength for their actions for one post or depending on the narrator's discretion. Must be within melee distance. - Grade F - 0 Post Cooldown

mentions: LadyOfStars LadyOfStars Orikanyo Orikanyo Vafhudr Vafhudr Garbage Pail Kid Garbage Pail Kid

Oliver

"...Ah... So we arrive in the belly of the beast..." Oliver spoke as they had arrived in the... Well... He couldn't really call it anything less than a hellscape... or at least a prelude up to one. he wasn't certain just what kind of hellish thing was going on here but he was certain of two things.

1. he needed a new descriptor for things being very, very bad aside from hellish.

2. Shits fucked and F.U.B.A.R.

What could he do to solve this horrible conundrum... A cultist over the way was.. saying something.. Something about... A god? likely. maybe demon, likely demon, he had kids around him in cages so that sure as hell-... Sure as something bad was going to happen.

What was he, an enterprising mage supposed to do?

Ah yes there was one thing..

"You want arts? I'll give you arts, enough inspiration to last a lifetime. Tell you dang pokemon Pay-mon i sent you! Sky! Hear my call!"

Lightning Spear - Magic B, Magic Range D, Lightning affinity F, basic of all lightning based spells, but no less effective. This incantation fires a singular blazing bolt of electricity from the user's staff at a target at range. Grade B 4 post cool-down - 1000 foot Range 1 target. Effectiveness break down. (A grade intelligence 6, B grade Catalyst 5, B grade ability 5 = 16 effectiveness)

Cooldowns:
D grade 1/2
B grade 0/4

Last edited:

The ritual had begun and from around them, in the dark of the woods. They could all hear heavy drum beats and chanting, louder now than ever before as the undead raiders crowded around where the ritual was taking place. The music having power it seemed as unnerving magic could be felt in the air like radiation itching at their skin. Fulgrem' tattoos start to light up as each sigil connected with the rest across his body; flicking the clasps of his cloak and tunic as he tore them away to reveal that every inch of his body was marred with sigils and blasphemous brands.

The Ritual at his feet started to expand and light up, outstretching his hands in reverence. Spirals of putrid black oil rising from the ritual site as a massive, bulbous eye opened up at it's center. Fulgrem laughing with such ferocious joy "Hear me, and accept these tributes oh Conductor Supreme! May they become the foundation of your sepulchral regime" He shouted as he hoisted one of the cages high into the air; the children inside scrambling and mewling.

KindAbleGyrfalcon-max-1mb.gif

A crack of lightning followed by a flash of light gave him no time to react, other than turn his head the moment he heard the noise and felt the disturbance of the air currents around him. Fulgrem being struck by a cold one between the shoulders, boring a hole into his back several inches deep as his entire body reacted violently to Oliver's attack. The cage falling from his hand and Tarz, reacting to Oliver's opening, leapt from the his position in the woods and snatched them before they hit the ground. The kids dangling precariously over the ritual circle and the still steadily growing eye; it's pupil in the shape of the same sigil around The Chief' neck. The sigil of Paimon. Tarz had a problem with acting before thinking at times, and unfortunately, this was one of those times. His left foot kicking too far out of panic to save the children, and stepped into the circle.

His scream coming only seconds after Fulgrem as they were both struck with immeasurable pain.

"Pokemon? How...could you possibly know that? Unless, this isn't your first life..." His voice hoarse as his body smoldered from the power Oliver delivered. It was an incredible bout of power, but somehow, through will and abhorrent magic, he still stood. The damage was still catastrophic and left him unable to react physically for the moment. His attention between both Tarz and Oliver, whom struck him first. Fulgrem' sunken eyes lighting up a brighter alabaster. Oliver instantly recognizing an [Appraisal D]

"Leave such menial things behind...Oliver"

Their enemy(?) looked no older than 14, but the strength she exuded and skill for warfare belied a brutal wisdom that had been hammered into her. Sade and Crymaria both recognizing the signs without ever having to communicate as from their backgrounds; A child soldier only following orders. Her body racked with unseen pain; fighting both them and herself it seemed. Her eyes darting from Crymaria to the new contender that entered the fray; pupils feral and confused. "It's you..." Her voice, rough and raw from battle cries. Her body physically indecisive as to whether it could stand down or not.

"You heard me...you actually came" Her head shifting from Sade to Crymaria as she was referred to as 'Comrade'. She had only heard her father use that word. Who were these people? Sade's attempt at defusal being interrupted as Crymaria attempted to nip this problem at it's source. It was an unexpectedly good strategy as her focus had been drawn to Sade for a moment before Boris' roar racked her body and stiffened her muscles. The cold biting first before force followed as Crymaria struck at the collar. A piece of golden, wiry scrap flying off. It had been damaged, but not fully destroyed.
"I dont/do want to hurt/kill you-" The collar flashing in retaliation and causing her to retaliate without any choice. Crymaria' pulling her fist back too late, and allowing Brunhilda to dip below her guard. Crymaria seeing nothing behind her eyes as she was completely unconscious, but the collar seemed to practically use her body as a puppet. The horned girl plummeted an elbow into her side before following up with two more kicks.

Weakened Strength C-->D 0/1
  • Breakneck Bulwark- Combat Sambo E, Howling Brim'Ruus E[linked], Writ of Lomet F[Knockback], Superstrength F - Hilda unleashes a whirlwind of kicks and punches that string into different stances - Grade E - 1 Post Cooldown

Crymaria heard the strange girl speak, though she didn't know a lot about the girl. Though what was said seemed strange to her and only brought her curiosity closer and closer to the edge. As she surged toward the girl she felt her strike hit the collar, though to her annoyance, she didn't feel the collar break.

That was when the blankness of the eyes appeared. Which Crymaria cocked an eyebrow before the volley of strikes were sent toward her. "Comrade Sade, I recommend we destroy the collar around this comrade's neck." She suggested as she took the elbow and attempted to block the two incoming kicks.

"Comrade Boris!" Crymaria shouted as she pointed toward the bear looking for an opening and going in to use once again Nothern strike, attempting to come in from the flank and deliver a punch to the collar. While Boris would use maul to attempt to pin the girl to the ground.

• Maul - Superstrength E - Boris attacks a target with the ability to push up to 600 lbs. Must be within melee distance. - Grade E - 1 Post Cooldown

mentions: LadyOfStars LadyOfStars Orikanyo Orikanyo Vafhudr Vafhudr Garbage Pail Kid Garbage Pail Kid

Sade

1668241863462.png

The brawler was frozen, petrified by the sight before her and the memories that the girl brought rushing forth like a broken dam. She heard the girl's voice once more and her cry for help played back in her mind, then gave way to older memories of an older life. Her kids speaking their first words or scraping their knees for the first time. They used to call to her back then, she used to be their world in those days. But as she reminisced she could not remember the voices of her babies, instead she heard this girl's voice over their own. Had she forgotten her babies? And yet here were children, some without parents, now in danger of being forever lost. But as her heart started to break and tears filled her eyes, Sade found her resolve.

She returned to the conscious world to see Crymaria and her bear charge the girl once more. Hearing the young russin woman's words, she knew she had to get into the fight and act fast. So as Boris went in to try and pin the girl down, Sade rushed forward and reached her hand out to grab the collar. She planned to use all her might [Superstrength D] to crush the infernal device and free the poor girl from her tormentor. "I've got you, sweetie." Sade whispered to the girl while wearing a warm smile, the smile every mother wore at some point when their child needed to be soothed.

Garbage Pail Kid Garbage Pail Kid saxon saxon Orikanyo Orikanyo

Oliver

"Oh? Thats good, I can skip introductions." The elven fellow stamped his staff upon the ground once more, an array of lightning forming up once again, he did not look to suprised by the sudden revelation, hes told many people to call him that and sure as hell this man useing a part trick wasn't any more surprising. There was no time between, barely a span of a few heartbeats, there wasn't anything to say, but this.

"Share my name with your god when you meet him." all spears of lightning had one target, and would be merciless in their destruction as they surged forwards onto one foe.

• Lightning forks - Magic B, Magic Range D, Lightning affinity F, magic target E a deadly ranged lightning spell that fans out to many foes! Grade B 4 post cooldown - 1000 foot Range 5 targets (Downcasted to C grade) Effectiveness breakdown: 6+5+4= 15​

"Maybe then he'll be more careful with his rats when a storm approaches."

Cooldowns
D grade 2/2 *Ding*
C Grade 0/3
B grade 1/4

Working alongside Boris and Crymaria, Sade felt the collar around the girl's neck buckle in her hand and with one good pull she snapped the damned device and hurled it into the forest. The girl who once had the strength to fight off Boris was now no more than a ragdoll as she collapsed to the ground. "Good work you guys." Sade praised Crymaria and her partner afor their part. Her and Tarz had done their half of the plan well. But as she felt relief rising in her an explosion would go off, sending a shockwave through the forest.

Oliver's aim was true, but Fulgrem was not defenseless and he quickly raised a barrier to shield him from the incoming magic. Unfortunately for him his spell was no match for Oliver's lightning. The collision of the two magics resulted in an explosion, a burst of somewhat harmless magic energy that shattered fulgrem's barrier. Luckily for Tarz and the children, this explosion would throw them from the ritual site. The cage that kept the young ones prisoner clattered to the ground and Tarz skipped across the forest floor like a rock over water. Sade covered her head and held on to the ground so that she wouldn't be swept away like Tarz had been, but the unconcious girl would be thrown from her place, flung into the dark forest.

Boris' weight would anchor him and Crymaria to the ground well enough...leaving the two of them fairly safe. Oliver would feel the initial power of the explosion and be knocked back several feet to hit his back upon a tree, but he would be mostly unharmed. Fulgrem however, could not say the same. When the noise of the explosion subsided, his cries would take its place. "Argh!" Screaming with a broken voice, the forest became a scene of even greater horror as Fulgrem fell victim to his own ritual. Knocked into the circle by the explosion the dark tendrils latched on to the man and had started to pull him down into the giant eye. "Please no!! I am a humble servant lord Paimon! Do not take me!" he begged and pleaded as the tendrils tore away bits and pieces of his body. His despereate cries continued on for nearly two minutes before he was gone from sight and the giant eye closed in his absence. With the malevolent caster now gone, his monstrous creations were nothing more than lifeless puppets lying on the floor.

"Is everyone okay?!" Sade's voice broke the silence as she stood up, head turning left and right to check on her companions. "I could use some help!" Tarz called out as he tried to stand. The man was missing his left foot, but there was no blood and he wasn't in any pain it seemed. "My foot...my foot is gone!" He looked around, eyes scanning the ground, but there was no sign of his missing body part.

While he panicked, the children started to call out for help as well. Some of them were injured and bleeding, but they mainly wanted to be freed from their cages and returned to their parents.

"Crymaria, will you help me get the children out of the cages?" Sade asked while she dusted herself off. The keys were likely lost with Fulgrem, but Boris could probably manage to pop a cage open. "Oliver, looks like we need your healing power." The brawler added as she started towards the children and Tarz.

saxon saxon Orikanyo Orikanyo

oliver

...Owww...

Ugh...

The old (young) elf peeled himself off a nearby tree, shaking his head to get the fuzz out of it. "Well.. didn't expect an explosion.. But then again.. Can't blame lightning for that..." the man sighed, the lack of obvious enemies, the end of combat.. yep.. He could feel the mana returning to his body quickly.. He had a theory or two about how this whole thing worked like that, but, that would be for another time.. And maybe once hes got some teaching skills under his belt he may start actually trying to get the theory published...

If there isn't already one out there.. maybe there was..?

Bugger..

He was being called over however... No end of work for grampa it seems... Is he certain she wasn't his wife in another life? he got blasted into a tree and she wanted him up and at em... Let a man rest hes not superman!

He JUST had immense magical and healing powers, nothing big.

Thank god hes thinking this, speaking it might get him punched...

Or maybe stared at with a disapproving look, the later being worse likely.

The elf waddled over, seeming to cast a minor healing spell that causes a small twig to PLOP slightly sickeningly out of his thigh, he apparently barely noticed it stabbed him. He seemed to walk better after that. "Alright lets see the damage- Ah... Ah..." well.. Reattatching a limb was one thing.

But a foot being entirely gone was another. "...Unfortunately without a foot to reattatch.. thats going to stay that way... But... Lets see to the bleeding..."

And the children... Well.. they'd get hit by this anyways...

• Deny Death Healing B, magic Range D, Magic target E, magic area of effect f A spell capable of returning one back from the brink of death, as long as most the body is present Grade B 4 post CD 1000 foot range 5 targets 15 foot burst

The healing should hit most, it was one of his most potent ones... And.. Well.. if the worst did happen to one of these kids, they'd be back.. he didn't want to think about that but by the gods he'd rather it dealt with before they noticed...

Crymaria held onto Boris as much as she could as the blast concluded she looked around and didn't see the woman they had been trying to help. Glancing around for a moment she didn't see her and turned her attention to Sade as she asked if everyone was okay. "I have been better Comrade Sade but there is nothing I can complain about here." She stated as she brushed some of the dirt off her coat as she looked over at Boris and then cleaned the debris off of him as well.

When she was asked to go help the kids she simply nodded and moved towards the cages. Once she arrived at he cages she started to break the locks and had Boris attempt and break the locks as well. The sooner they got out of the forest and away from this site was probably for the best. Besides, she didn't know what else was going to be lurking in this forest though the creature the man had created seemed to have disappeared along with him.

mentions: LadyOfStars LadyOfStars Orikanyo Orikanyo

AFTERMATH

With Oliver's healing and Crymaria's help, the children would be set free and safely brought back to the village where their community awaited their return. the horrors of the forest would surely haunt the children, and perhaps even the adults, but for now the terror had been dealt with. With the village ransacked and burnt, there was little that the temporary mayor could offer the heroes aside from his and the peoples' thanks and the promise of a celebration in the future. Unfortunately they would need to relocate for the time being and that meant many of the people would be splitting up, which left the orphans without guidance. But in a moment of sudden maternal instinct, Sade volunteered to adopt the three orphaned children rather than leave them to become victims again.

The girl who had tussled with Boris and Crymaria in the forest was gone without a trace. Oliver's healing spell restored her to consciousness and gave her the strength she needed to flee. While her part in all this was unclear, the heroes could be certain she was no mastermind and they likely wouldn't see her again anytime soon.

(Thank you all for joining, especially to those of you who stuck it out with the GM switches. I appreciate you guys coming along to help Sade get her family!)

Rewards!:

Crymaria:
[True Comrade] - Optional Title - Gained for lending aide to a righteous cause, despite the danger posed to yourself.
[Protector of Halla Village] - Optional Title - You came to the village's aide in their darkest hour and for that they will always be grateful.

Oliver:
[Field Medic] - Optional Title - You tended to the wounded during an attack by a hostile force and have seen some pretty gnarly injuries.
[Protector of Halla Village] - Optional Title - You came to the village's aide in their darkest hour and for that they will always be grateful.

Sade:

saxon saxon Orikanyo Orikanyo

Isekai Hell RP Grade

saxon saxon Orikanyo Orikanyo LadyOfStars LadyOfStars Garbage Pail Kid Garbage Pail Kid Vafhudr Vafhudr Stanley Stanley

Lost half the cast and still saved them kids. Good job keeping it rolling, LadyOfStars. Good show in bringing things to a close. Most folk just let things die without trying anything. Overall, the rp seemed to go alright. I was a little unsure with some of the ability postings and whether they honored cooldowns/action economy in combat the way they should, but nothing too crazy as far as I can tell. I do encourage making ability use in a post a little more prominent where possible. Makes it easier to see which abilities are being used/active. Guess we will see if we will hear anymore from this plot thread in the future or not. Otherwise, it's a time and place in the woods.

Aftermath
Halla was a smoldering ruin that no one would remain in if they had the choice to go elsewhere. The weather and season would be turning cold and not permit roughing it in a roofless shelter, especially with the more vulnerable disproportionately representing the survivors. The survivors would travel for a time and split off to various towns and villages elsewhere of friends and family. The only ones that remained in Halla were the stubborn and those with an otherwise intact house despite the ravages of the raid. Their efforts to salvage their village would be slow going and likely wait for better weather in the spring. Maybe it would be a village again someday, but not a proper one for a while.

The story of Halla is not unique and seems to be growing more frequent in the past year for border towns and villages of Ryke. The nobility and Adventurer's guild have had additional demands placed upon them to resolve the issues plaguing the citizens, but danger proofing a border is difficult and especially when there is no money in it to fund the effort. The merchant guild has been profiting off all the villages and towns that get rebuilt after the fact though. The church has also seen an uptick in membership.

Rewards

Sade - 46 points (partial narration bonus included)
  • optional title acquired [Comrade] - character has proved themselves to be a good ally and approachable. Character will have easier time convincing others to team up with their cause or to allow her to join theirs. More likely to join a cause that isn't worth joining too, however.
  • Asset gained [Kids G] - a few orphans were saved from bad times and being without a caretaker. They aren't good for much and are generally a drain on character resources, but they have some of the greatest potential given time and attention.
Oliver - 31 points
  • optional title acquired [Croaker] - character makes frog noises when hugged. character is also like a frog at the bottom of a well. What do they know of the wider world and the consequences of their powerful heals on the balance of life and death. Character will draw the attention of powerful individuals and parties as news of their life restoring heals gets around.
Crymaria - 23 points
  • optional title acquired [Do-Gooder] - character can't seem to help themselves but get involved in other people's problems. Npcs are quicker to take advantage of character's good nature and those truly in need will be quicker to ask character for help. No good deed goes unpunished. Perhaps helping others enough will result in a good harvest eventually.

Partial Participants:
Those of you who were in the rp but didn't finish it out, contact me for your rewards.

Garbage Pail Kid - 9 points (partial narrator bonus)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back