• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Graded [Alvheim Ruins] Dungeon Crawl Ho! - Remnant of Ancient Ambition

15/(G3)

Mentions: Dante Verren Dante Verren

sample-7c98d261547c2537545bd5ff2a309e0d.jpg Even under the strict chiding of their mother, the fairies made their dislike of Gawain apparent. Glaring at him from behind Demeter whenever she wasn't looking. Chartres even stuck her tongue out at him. The lesser fairies circled the group watching their conversation with interest as well as some trepidation. At Gawains attempt to mollify Demeter she rounded on him with a firm look. "You need not defend them, they were out of line being so rude to you!" She turned back to face her daughters, prompting Chartres to quickly hide a rather rude gesture she had directed at Gawain. "I swear I thought I raised you girls better than that, has all that time spent fighting reduced your manners to nothing!" They shriveled under her gaze, but the tension died when Gawain presented his sword as a compromise. Demeter pouted and looked like she wanted to tell him it was unnecessary, but the two fairies spoke up first.
ECDqy4BUcAEwMmA.jpggoyo-200818-16.jpg
"Ah, yes that would be the right thing to do!"
"It is an important safety precaution."
The green fairy Chartí hefted a book seemingly crafted from leaves and bark. The sword upon the ground floated into the air then dissolved into motes of light which settled within her book. "We will return your sword Unrooted..." She emphasized the title, like a curse. "When you leave mothers presence, hopefully for good." The twin fairies seemed rather pleased with themselves now. However, at Gawains question pertaining to The Dark Forest the mood dimmed considerable. "Didn't mother say it had nothing to do with you Unrooted? Why don't you stop meddling in the affairs of our home." She seemed uncomfortable with the topic, lashing out at Gawain for bringing it up. "That is not what I meant and you know it Chartí, enough of that. If... he desires to know of our plight then he has that right." Despite her words even Demeter seemed uncomfortable as if she would prefer not to mention it at all. She took a deep breath before gazing into Gawains hollow eyes. "The Dark Forest is a dark and vile thing, a twisted shade that has taken root in our Hercynia." Demeter spoke with thinly veiled distaste. Her eyes were downcast showing a sadness as well. "We do not know how it appeared in our home, but we do know that it is the very opposite of what we nurture and protect. Its trees are dark and swallow the light, horrible creatures of death are birthed within its depths. And the very forest itself hungers for the lives of those that enter it." Demeter turned her gaze to look at the great tree they stood under. "Its growth was slow at first almost unnoticeable but in the last two hundred years its overtaken almost a quarter of my domain, and my daughters and I can only seem to slow it down. At first me and my children thought it could be contained and destroyed. Indeed it seemed that would be the case, but my..." Her words tapered off and her mouth began to quiver. "but m-my..." She tried again to force out the words but was unable to do so. Tears began to fall down her cheeks. Golden dew which shined as it fell, but its beauty was undercut by deep sorrow. Demeters hands went up to her face and she wept. The twin fairies held their mother as she fell to her knees, pain at seeing her misery evident upon their faces. The rest of the fairies which had been circling them appeared dejected as well their once excited flight now a dull hover. It was if the entire forest felt Demeters pain.

Then Chartres while holding her mother began to speak her dislike for Gawain seemingly vanished in the situation. "One of our sisters, Persephone, was the one to plant The Dark Forest in Hercynia. She was one of the first to have budded from mother back when she was little more than a sapling. Her betrayal hurt mother greatly." She stroked the hair of the dejected Demeter. The roles of the two practically reversed. "There used to be more of us Arch Fairies, like me and my sister. Our task was to protect and guide the forest as the strongest of our kind. And Persephone was the greatest of us, kind, clever, powerful and possessing such love for mother we could only admire. One day, she disappeared and despite our best efforts we could not find her for many moons. When we thought her lost she returned though this time she was changed gone were the qualities which we had admired replaced with a wicked ambition and twisted desire. She sought to kill and usurp mother, so mad was she that she said she was doing it 'for mothers sake'!" She spat these words her eyebrows knit together as her face morphed into one of anger. "Somehow she planted the evil seed which gave rise to The Dark Forest and planned to use it to take over mother authority. Then we Arch Fairies mustered ourselves against her. Only one of us is born every century save for me and my sister, but we were powerful, and with ten of us we journeyed into the forest to kill Persephone!" Her anger drained from her face leaving only a cold mournful gaze. "It was too easy, we should have realized this but we were too confident. We managed to reach the heart of that vile forest only to be ambushed from all sides by scores of monsters. Persephone had played us. Each and every one of our siblings died save for us. She killed them all, even... our only brother." That appeared to be Chartres' limit as she too began to weep.

At her sisters sorrow Chartí regarded Gawain. "Our siblings died protecting us, the weakest of them. They all loved mother dearly and lost their lives to protect her from Persephone's madness." She then swept her arm across her face wiping away the liquid that threatened to fall from her face but she remained stoic. She turned a resolute gaze to Gawain. "That is why you must not stay here. This is a family matter, Persephone would see us and you slain without a second thought. We will fight for mother to the end, but you have no place here Unrooted. You and that vile Master should just leave us be!" Her voice raised until she yelled at him. The resentment upon her face seemed forced, and was more akin to a plea. She struggled to reign in her emotions but did. "I... apologize for our rudeness Unrooted. But we must tend to mother, night will fall soon. You may sleep here, mother will protect you from any beast."

jorge-jacinto-tree-of-life.jpg

Elsewhere...

LadyOfStars LadyOfStars Beetlebuggo Beetlebuggo Individual Individual lXlGamemaster lXlGamemaster

ClWANf.jpg

Efxx0-_U8AIp4mS.png The fairy who called herself Demeter floated in the air, with an aura of both grace and condescension. A smirk was ever present upon her face. Cephus stared up at her his voice caught in his throat. She wasn't as imposing as Ares, but... something about her made him profoundly uncomfortable. He gulped and licked his lips keeping his eyes locked on Demeter. "Um, S-Sovereign Demeter ma'am. We are explorers and historians we mean your forest no harm. I apologize for how we have conducted ourselves in your domain but we are rather lost so your aid is greatly appreciated." Cephus had almost been killed by Ares on a whim and Thanatos saw fit to consume their souls and nothing else. He would gladly be as humble as possible and boot lick as much as was necessary to survive this place. The fairy cast her gaze to him as if she was only now noticing he existed. She locked eyes with him and he froze seemingly paralyzed by her gaze. Then she broke out into a laugh, a deep and haughty one not unlike an arrogant aristocrat.

"What a droll Unrooted! Truly, why you make me want to keep you with me for my amusement." Cephus paled at her words. While the others were rousing from sleep or otherwise. One of them, Astrid, was the first to get up appearing as if she hadn't slept at all. She stepped through the brush her eyes on the floating being, she appeared apprehensive as to the fairies words. And indeed when she spoke she voiced as such. Her words were well mannered enough on their own seeming merely informative or probing, but the accusation within in them was not lost to Cephus and neither to the one calling itself Demeter. She turned in the air to face Astrid crossing her arms her grin growing wider but her countenance radiated danger. "Do tell Unrooted, is it customary among your people to barge into others homes and say such nasty things? As an Elf you should have connection to the Fae I would think your kind would be more mindful of their manners..." Her eyes narrowed as she stared at Astrid. Then the fairy did a complete one eighty her seemingly threatening visage replaced with a more casual if arrogant one. "You Unrooted are such silly things. I know not what you speak of. I am a Sovereign this is true. And I am aware other 'Sovereigns' exist, but they mean nothing to me as I do not know them. Though I must admit I am surprised to know my name has apparently reached outside this place. Though how they portray me is most garish I must say." She spoke as if she was chastising Astrid for mistaking the obvious, or like one may speak to a particularly "special" child. "Besides outside of my domain I have only met with my 'Master'." Her expression grew rapturous as she spoke of him.

Then like before she performed a reversal her previous expression and atmosphere shifting on a dime. Now she regarded Mitsunari and TMK when they arose speaking of escaping the forest, having seemingly forgotten about Astrid entirely. She tilted her head her smirk still present. "You Unrooted wish to leave? What bizarre creatures you are, spending all that time and effort stomping around only to leave. Very well." She flew meaningfully in a direction Cephus could only guess was maybe east, his compass went wonky here. "You lot were practically travelling in circles for some time. At the rate you were going you would have died in here." She spoke all this with a light and cheery tone as if discussing the days weather. "Follow me and you shall find your way out, next time around I won't be aiding you however." She floated off and Cephus got himself together, and weary of being in this dark forest any longer made to follow after her. He turned back to the group "She is strange, but also our only lead. We can ask questions of her on the way then go on to the next Sovereign with this all behind us." He spoke to the group but he looked intently to Astrid understanding her distrust but also not wanting to get blown to pieces by a god-like being. As they made their way through the dark forest following after the fae, unbeknownst to them, a golden hued drone followed directly above them flying over the canopy of trees.

Last edited:
Seikatsu Mitsunari

While the others doubted that this figure was who she claimed to be, Mitsunari was more focused on whether or not their intentions were malicious or not. It would do them no good if this was the sovereign of this area, but she planned to kill them, or worse. Fae creatures were famed tricksters and very much enjoyed having fun at the expense of other creatures. He wouldn't put his faith in her so easily, nor would he pay any mind to the title that she claimed.

When she suggested that they follow her to the exit, Mitsunari made his way over to, Lothric and although he kept some distance between the two of them, he stayed within tail's reach of the former deity. He had a very strong feeling that things would get worse before they got better for the group.

lXlGamemaster lXlGamemaster EMIYAman EMIYAman Individual Individual Beetlebuggo Beetlebuggo

Lothric

E5sTKNoXEAErDyg.jpg:small

Lothric watched as the fairy flaunted her ego onto everyone, switching personalities as though she were different people entirely. The dragon sighed and thought 'Of course we choose the god that's broken...', not daring to say so out loud. She definitely acted the part of god, but she lacked the regality that the fake god Ares had, and was re-affirming her godhood to any that would hear her. Despite this Lothric shook his head and followed the forest spirit. If she did indeed know the way out of this twisted forest then there was no need to anger her. He noticed that Mitsunari traveled a little closer to him that normal. Perhapse the fox-man had his reasons for being wary...

Gawain
Interaction: EMIYAman EMIYAman
Gawain.jpg

Gawain couldn't help but let out a small dry chuckle at the family bickering. It was refreshing to see such wholesome family interaction after how much death and destruction he had been witness to. That wholesome interaction would quickly sour and even bring the beautiful goddess to tears, something that would eat at him for awhile for sure. Listening to the sad tale truly sounded like a tragedy. He was sure that if he had not been through so much trauma already, that hearing this story of family bloodshed might have broken his heart. That being said this entire situation, this place... it sounded like a tragedy from a certain culture.

He was never big into mythology. He did not know all the details and would never have cared to memorize anything outside of the big names and stories on his own. His parents however were rich, and they had a love of the dramatic. How many times had the young L̶͔̠̭̒͜u̴̙͈͓̮͈͚̩͋̽̓̒͗̃͌̊́̓͗̒̋͘̚c̵̢͚͔̔̈́͒ȧ̸̢̡͓̬͙̹͚͕͎̼͌͂̄̇̈́̈́͊͌́̚͝ been dragged to plays by his parents before they gave up on him? Of course he knew the name Demeter and Persephone as well as the other major gods. He did not remember the exact story, but he knew one name was missing from that trio. "Hades" he thought to himself. His stance straightened and with his free hand he reached over to his shield. Quietly he tightened the straps that had become loose then took a step forward towards the forest.

He turned and stared straight into the eyes of Charti. "I don't sleep". He then turned his gaze towards Demeter and bowed his head respectfully. "Lady Demeter, I thank you for your hospitality. Meeting you was truly a stroke of good luck. Your kindness has helped take a heavy weight off my shoulders. Now I must try and do the same." Once more he looked back to the Charti. "Lady Charti, I apologize that I had you stow away my blade for such a short time. Please return it for I will be departing now. Before you protest I promise you I am not interfering with family business. I just happen to be heading towards the dark forest now. I will leave the ultimate fate of your sister to you, but if my theory is correct, I can still aide in some way."

G4

goyo-200818-16.jpg The light began to fade, the orb in the sky slowly growing dimmer. Chartí instructed Gawain he could sleep if need be, though when informed it was unnecessary for him she appeared unsurprised. "I see, so a being devoid of life would have no need for such things." She spoke as if she was making an observation, but the distaste for his kind was noticeable. Despite, somewhat unwillingly, telling Gawain of their family sorrow she was still more than willing to jab at him when she could. The scars from the pain she had felt at its retelling were still apparent, and she would not let Gawain off for bringing it up so easily. Her eyes widened however when Gawain requested his sword back, she knew what he was going to do. "I..." Before she could fully respond Demeter stirred.

sample-7c98d261547c2537545bd5ff2a309e0d.jpgShe had recovered from her grief as much as possible in that moment. Letting out an exclamation when she heard Gawain. "Please do not go to that place! There is no reason to burden yourself with my problem. It's because I failed my children that this happened, you don't have to suffer for my mistake! I-If I had been better..." Demeter once again seemed on the verge of tears and the ones she had already spilt had yet to dry. The thought of the kind Gawain going into danger because of her, was something her gentle soul couldn't take. "Hmph, what a troublesome Unrooted." Chartí said appearing exasperated. Demeter turned in indignant surprise ready to lecture her daughter despite her current state, but Chartí continued. "A fool such as him would no doubt get himself torn to shreds out there." She spoke as if irritated with a annoying person, but there was a twinkle in her eye that said something else entirely. "I'll return your sword Gawain, but I will have to accompany you. I cannot allow a dead one to wander through our forest unattended, after all who knows what you could be up to." She raised her book, the pages flipping rapidly before suddenly stopping. Motes of light coalesced into Gawains sword floating before him in the air. Demeter was stunned. It was then that Chartres made her own demand. "Then I'll go as well! I can't leave you alone with h-" Chartí cast an unyielding look to her sister. "No, someone has to stay here to protect mother and our siblings. And as the eldest..." "By five minutes!" "I'm ordering you to do so." Chartí looked to her incredulous sister with a small smile. "Look forward to my return." Chartres seemed like she wanted to argue but stifled her words giving her sister an intent nod.

Demeter stepped forward now closer to the two of them. Her eyebrows were furrowed showing her worry for the two of them. Her lips parted as if she wanted to urge them otherwise, but no words escaped her. She took a deep breath and wiped her eyes. "Be careful, return here at the first sign of danger got it? Don't face anything you can't handle." She mentioned nothing of Persephone. Chartres then chimed up from the side of her mother. "And nothing better happen to Chartí or else Unrooted!" She held her spear in her hands as a threatening gesture, but the pout on her face was closer to a childs indignance. Chartí seemed amused at her sister, then turned to Gawain. "Let us go." With that they began their journey to The Dark Forest with the quiet but willful fairy leading the way.

1656429423415.png

[4th Wall]

[In Character]
(Thoughts)
{Notes}
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Following along with the group, more specifically in front of Astrid, TMK kept up at a steady pace. Still cautious about this obviously fake Demeter however, they kept their eyes peeled for any funny tricks this one may pull…

Taking advantage of their own silence, TMK slowed and walked by Astrid’s side, tapping her shoulder gain her attention.

[I suggest we be prepared should this be a ploy to kill us.]

As such, they held the knife to her, offering for her to take it.

{ False Demeter - A stark contrast to the Demeter that was described by the Porcelain woman. Displays signs of arrogance and a superiority complex.}

Gawain
Gawain.jpg

The undead held the fairy's gaze while both the sisters and Demeter spoke. partially as a sign of respect and also due to the fact that he did not want to look into Demter's eyes at this moment. "If you are sure you wish to accompany me, then I would be honored to have your company lady Charti." He reached out his free hand as the sword appeared before him, then quickly attached it back to his waist. After the weapon was once again secured to his person he gave a bow to Demeter and Chartes. Standing back up straight he pounded on fist on his shield. "I swear to you, The wandering knight Gawain will ensure that Lady Charti will return alive and well." and with that he did not have any more to say. That wasn't entirely accurate, it was more like he didn't want to say anymore. With that emotion in whatever magical heart he had, the skeleton turned on his armored heels and began to walk towards the dark foreboding forest in the distance.

As he walked he would remain silent unless spoken too. Charti's disdain was quite obvious and so he figured any attempt at conversation would be lost on the fairy. So the only sound that would come from the skeleton would be the clanking of armor or the clacking of bones when ever they came in contact with the armor itself. That was only on the outside, in his mind he was having a full blown Mindstorms of conversation. Was he about to challenge two of the Greek gods? Was he even capable of doing this? How would he save himself let alone protect this stubborn fairy who insisted on following him? He had no idea how he was going to do any of it, but he swore he would... so now he had too.

Astrid Narrésyr

Astrid_small.jpg

Astrid paid no heed to the insults wrapped in gold. It was nothing but a small wave amidst the expansive sea, a fickle thing that requires no exposure beyond brief recognition. After all, it is common for those ignorant of their own stalwart lunacy to accuse others of such blissful stupidity. If this critter had the power to undo all of them, her carefully chosen set of shrouded disparage would have stoked its flame of ego to annihilate her where she stood. Either that or a simple laugh, along with a casual display of ethereal might, would have sufficed to thaw her iceberg of quiet contemplation.

Instead, Astrid was met with pitiable attempts at salvaging a possibly fraudulent reputation. Granted, the finesse in which this critter batted aside waves of explosive suspicion was commendable. So much confidence was behind those empty words that if Astrid was your typical tree-humping elf; she would’ve believed her. But perhaps instigating such a creature any further would be poor decision-making. Regardless of whether this critter was who she claimed to be, Astrid would be disappointed anyway.

16/G5

20972b45f01294995270373814459d57.png

The Undead Knight and the Loyal Fairy trekked through Demeters domain. The mystical woods stretching out all around them echoing with the sound of creatures both mundane and exotic. The light from the dark star in the sky had dimmed considerably, but it continued to give off something akin to moonlight. That along with the natural luminescence of the magical fauna served to light the way for the pair. Along their path to the shadowed grove Gawain would spot various wild animals, some he would be familiar with. From rabbits, foxes, squirrels and deer. To the fantastical, wolves seemingly crafted from leaves, serpents whos scales shined like jewels, a bear that had white swirling markings all along its fur, and even a six eyed elk. Who oddly enough Chartí had curtsied too respectfully, the elk made no movement or gesture a normal person could recognize as it even understanding her act. But, it eyed them before continuing along its way and Chartí had simply moved along.

goyo-200818-16.jpg The route they took was suitably bizarre. To Gawain it would seem as if they had traveled in circles, winding paths and even doubled back a couple times. But the scenery around them was steadily changing even when he was sure they would find themselves back where they started. Yet Chartí seemed wholly sure of herself, traveling through the woods as if she knew every nook and cranny. Her gaze remained ever forward sparing nary a glance to Gawain. This went on throughout their well over two hour trek which made for a rather awkward atmosphere. Then while walking ahead of him she stopped. She held her position for a moment before audibly sighing and turning around to face him. "There is something I feel I must tell you before we reach that vile place. It doesn't necessarily concern me, but should you leave this place alive, you will no doubt find this relevant to you." She gathered herself. "I did not want to nor could I mention this in the presence of mother, but first know that the great tree which is the center of our forest is known as a 'Fae Tree' and we Fairies sprout from it. However that tree, and mother, are one and the same. The body you saw is merely an extension of her will she had crafted at the behest of that 'Master'." She spoke that title as if she were chewing on something particularly foul. "The tree or rather mother, is a bridge between the world of the Fae and the Mortal one. And we fairies posses a kind of instinctual knowledge of fairy kind and the world we live in. Normally mother would as well, however something changed her. Based on what she has told us, when she was but a sprout in the land of the elves there was an event which destroyed her home. Elves are known for cultivating Fae Trees, and live in harmony with the spirit within. Mothers sudden unrooting led to changes in her from the norm, normally a Fae Trees connection to the land allows her to draw knowledge from previous or even still living Fae Trees. It is a passing down of the memories of their mothers, their song." Her face took on a complicated expression one of both uncertainty and pity. "Wherever we are, we are not connected to the rest of the world. As mother has remained ignorant of the knowledge of her forebears. I saw that she showed you the space above the trees, and the unnatural sun which lights the sky. That thing does not belong in the natural world, even if it is allowing us to survive. Artificial creations even come here periodically collecting some of our natural bounty." She took a deep breath collecting her thoughts once again. "The Master saved her, that is what mother says. Then brought her here to grow in safety with the condition that he may be allowed to make use of her natural bounty. But I don't trust him or this place. I am unsure if that man still live or not it has been many years, but no doubt in my mind that he is not nearly as kind as mother would like to believe. If we are able to deal with my sister, or you simply escape from this place keep what I told you in mind." Chartí then cast a cold glare to him. "Don't think I'm looking out for you this is for mothers sake, thats all." A melancholic expression then fell upon her face "She... is lonely. And for some reason she seems to like you. So, you being here has made her smile again, so I'm just paying you back." With that she turned around and continued the last march of their journey a faint blush upon her cheeks.

christian-dimitrov-09-legendary-2500.jpg
Over time Gawain would notice the sounds of the forest, which had echoed out all around him until they were just background noise, suddenly went quiet. Not even the trees shifted in the wind anymore, it was utterly silent. Ahead of him Chartí narrowed her eyes in an intense expression and stopped at the edge of a line of trees. Coming up behind her Gawain would walk through the canopy into a clearing. What he found was a border, and open line stretching forward by about one hundred feet of just nothing. Not even grass just a dark dirt. Further still beyond that he saw The Dark Forest. Its trees far more gnarled and oppressive than the ones behind him. Within he could make out nothing but darkness barely able to see even a few feet beyond the line of trees. "Prepare yourself, from now on we will be in Persephone's domain. The creatures which stalk those woods are evil in every sense, but they are crafty. No doubt the moment we enter they will know it. Remain on guard at all times." Chartí spoke this resolutely like a hardened soldier, but the spear in her grasp shook ever so slightly. As she made for the forest entrance they could hear faint shouting, and pin pricks of different colored lights in the distance. Chartí's eyes widened "Someone is in there!? Persephone must already have them, make haste!"

LadyOfStars LadyOfStars Beetlebuggo Beetlebuggo Individual Individual lXlGamemaster lXlGamemaster

The expedition team followed in the wake of the fairy. She floated idly in the air a trail of purple fairy dust falling from her. The group was tense, even Cephus could feel it. He had urged to others to give Demeter the benefit of the doubt, but he was finding even himself suspicious of her. It wasn't even a question of if she was lying as to her identity. But more what she could or would do to them. He eyed the others noticing them grouping together, they were wary. The fairy was quiet but seemed... "cheery" was the best word he could apply to her but even that felt inaccurate. He coughed into his hand trying to get her attention. "Sovereign Demeter, could I ask you a question?" The fairy turned her gaze meeting his eyes, a trace of amusement ever present. "I suppose, what would you inquire of me?." Cephus swallowed, bringing up the courage to talk to a being that could probably reduce him to a fine mist. "Your, 'Master' who you spoke of earlier could you tell us what he was like?" The grin upon her face grew wider almost unnaturally so. "My Master is a beautiful soul. A kind man who guided me and granted me my role as well as my name. He gave his love to me, and I love him in turn." The fairy was swooning floating back and forth seemingly overwhelmed with emotion. "He is an unapparelled genius, unlike the rest of you Unrooted he understands me. It is because of him alone that I exist, that my forest lives, that I have a wonderful purpose. Ah, I still remember his voice, his touch, his words they compel me inexorably they fill my mind..." Despite the fact that she was still talking Cephus felt like she could hardly remember they were there, lost as she was. Some of what she said fit what Ares and Ouro said about him but other than his incredible capability as a magitech scientist they knew nothing.

He sighed under his breath. Asking about him seemed a dead end that would yield nothing useful. Though Demeters apparent fanaticism for him was somewhat telling. Had that come about naturally? Because of something The Master had done, or was something else going on? "I see, he certainly sounds like an amazing man. Truly. But, could you perhaps tell us about the over Sovereigns like Helios?" He hoped she wasn't the type to get defensive over not giving her "love" the proper deferential treatment even when just spoken. But if she couldn't give much on him then information on the remaining Sovereigns may help them find a way out of this place. The fairy lost all enthusiasm from before now flippantly speaking like she didn't particularly care about the subject. "Like I said I haven't made any contact with these other Sovereigns, but I do know of Helios. The Sovereign of Light I don't know what he looks like nor do I care, but I know he's watching." Cephus blinked confused. "He's, watching?" The group came upon an opening in the canopy that allowed a view into the sky the fairy stopped to look back at him. Then looked up. He followed her eyes and beheld the thing in the sky.
04597d381fca7edf431a5aac41f80101.jpg
He gaped at the black hole which hung in the sky. It gave off light yet none reached the forest and its core was dark. "That is Helios, he provides the light which allows the forest to grow, other than that I know not what his purpose is." She began to move again. Cephus continued to stare entranced by the alien thing which filled up the sky. He knew they were still in the facility but he hadn't considered where the light of the forest was coming from. But now he's been told it comes from a Sovereign? But how, can that be? What magics or technology could allow something like an artificial star or whatever that was to exist? He tore his gaze away. Returning to the situation at hand. "Sovereign Demeter how much longer till we reach the exit?" The fairy stopped on a dime then not facing him. "A ways further still, you all traveled rather deep into my forest after all." Cephus stared at her. "I see..." Something was definitely not right.

They walked for a brief moment longer. Before a monotone voice spoke up, though this one didn't belong to Demeter. "The Sovereign of Nature, Demeter. Logs indicate her as a kindly and gentle nature spirit. That of a Fae Tree, from which fairies are born. She is a natural mother of the __eve_remy_moby_and_code_sariel_elsword_drawn_by_swd3e2__sample-bd76de9f122f62a57d6a13b6d6366750.jpgearth; her connection to the land is strong. As her very presence enhances its ley lines. Such a description, does not align with you or your realm Persephone." A figure emerged from the trees its height similar to the fairy before them. Though her dress was far different appearing much more artificial. Sporting magitech and lacking of anything resembling nature. Cephus could only guess it was another fairy though this one had more in common with Ares than with the fairy it had called Persephone. Though if what she was saying is true. Then whoever this fairy they were following is, she certainty isn't the Sovereign. The fairy now revealed as Persephone had the same expression 2936dfc9ecef192c6cba60f908c06e42.jpg as before. But now her eyes were set in an intense glare at the other fairy. "You just had to get in my way, a thorn in my side for centuries. Fine then, I'll move my schedule ahead just for you!" With a wild grin she raised an arm a dark flame materializing in it. At the same time growls could be heard all around the group and several creatures emerged from the shadows of the trees. Persephone having cast away any pretenses of good intentions, made a damning order. "Kill them!" The horrible monsters rounded on both the group and the fairy seven in total. One released a blood curdling roar then pounced at Cephus. He screamed in terror, before a blue beam of light reduced the monster into chunks leaving six alive. The fairy which had confronted Persephone had killed it, two white and black drones now orbiting her. Persephone's eyes narrowed, her anger was palpable. She threw a blast of the dark fire in her hand at the magitech fairy but she dodged out the way. "Titania!" With her yell the dark forest soon gleamed with the light of dark magic and laser fire. Though that left the party at the creatures mercy. Now emboldened by the lack of the obvious threat they came closer unto them animalistic hunger and a desire to kill driving them.

It was at that moment a golden hued drone broke through the tree line. It scanned the party quickly before zeroing in on Astrid it flew up to her. Then spoke to her. "Ms.Narrésyr, it seems you left something rather precious behind. I felt it prudent to return it to its rightful owner." The voice which came out the machine was calm and polite, it seemed to find the situation humorous. The drone then shot out a beam of golden light. The light broke upon contact with the air forming something akin to strings which weaved together in the air into a shape. The shape grew bigger and bigger until it dwarfed them all. Until they were faced with a great mechanical giant. One Astrid knew well. The drone just as quickly as it came. disappeared. Flying above the trees and out of sight. Having been held back long enough the creatures of bone began their attack. One aiming to kill each of them while two were zeroed in on Astrid possessing no fear for the giant in front of her.

Illustration18-1.jpg

Last edited:
Gawain
Gawain.jpg

It turns out that he was glad to have Charti with him. If it had just been himself then he had surely been lost on the way. The paths they walked seemed to be endless repeats as of he was going in a never ending circle. Through either her skill or connection to Demeter's land, the fairy managed to lead them both through. On the way they encountered many strange creatures, one particularly regal elk. He had no clue why the fairy was showing respect to them, but he simply mimicked her. Of course instead of copying her curtsy, he bowed.

At a certain point his begrudging guide began to speak, delving into the history of Demeter. It was interesting for sure and some things now made sense, but it opened up more questions then he even had before. Who was this master? Everything Gawain had seen and now heard put him in the same court as Charti. This being did not sound like one that could really be trusted. He was shaken from his mores serious thoughts thanks to Charti's small outburst and blush at the end. He couldn't help himself and a raspy chuckle escaped from him. "Have no fear, I did not take you revealing this information to me as a sign of warming up to me. Just like you I have no idea why your mother liked me so much, but if my presence here caused some good then I will be satisfied with that." he replied as he kept marching forward.

Eventually the duo reached the border between light and dark. It was a stark comparison of a forest full of life and one full of death. He noticed his companion's spear shake lightly. Was it fear in fear or anger? He was going to say some words to hopefully encourage her, but he did not get the chance. Instead the second he heard teh sounds of battle he was already moving. Sword in his right hand and shield in his left. The dead dirt crunched underneath his boots as he sprinted towards the lights and sounds of combat. He glanced to his side once to see if Charti was following him.

Astrid Narrésyr

Astrid_small.jpg

Children of the night, each a mismatched anatomical tapestry of no particular arrangement. Like many of the creatures found in these lands, they bore some resemblance to beasts of her reality, though these were mostly superficial. Astrid had not noticed them within the onyx black the forest, that is until Persephone gave the call to attack. They had crawled out of the darkness with pious devotion, brandishing teeth and claws in preparation to dig into the buffet before them. If it wasn't for the new fairy, Cephus would have already been dead.

Astrid bit her lip, an uncharacteristic expression of fear plastered across her bewitching face. When she was a kid, the darkness had always terrified her. Her imagination and inquisitive mind transformed from strength to weakness in such situations; stringing together abominable patterns from the maws of infinity, plaguing herself with the horrors that existed in unreality. As she had gotten older, the maturity of the mind helped stave away these nightmarish thoughts; grounding them with the laws of that reality. There were no ghosts. No demons. No gods. Even as she strove to shape the concatenation of ones and zeros into a web of divine pompousness, Astrid believed that the being she would eventually create would govern all of creation…and be restricted by it all the same. Here, it was different.

Fantastical creatures roam these lands, a degree of mystery beyond what she was used to. When Astrid was reincarnated, she had busied herself with the study of this new world. There was no time to ponder about its horrors, not when there were an abundance of new experiences to stimulate her mind. It is only when confronted by her worst fears, that Astrid remembers what her fears are. Those beasts were straight out of her nightmares, dragging years of buried ephialtes out from under the rug. The elf felt like she was a little girl again, unable to sleep, for she could not confront the obstacles presented to her in the realm of unreality. Unconsciously, Astrid had moved close to Lothric; whose massive visage provided her with some degree of comfort.

".....?"

A golden object broke through the canopy, a fish out of water amidst the green background. Astrid eyed it nervously, obviously rattled by the aggressors seeking to feast on her blood and bones, but managed to regain some semblance of composure when the machine flew up to her. As it spoke, the elf could only think of how beautiful its voice sounded. It was eloquent like the violin, a lyrical tune that was both soothing and masterfully deferential. And that was not all. The drone had brought with it a gift.

Asterism_small.jpg

Astrid's eyes widened as Asterism was placed down in the forest floor, her towering visage nearly breaking the very tip of the natural barrier of flora. Its sleek, almost feminine frame juxtaposed with a powerful image of a knightess, had won the elf's heart when she had been presented with this technological marvel. Just like her nightmares, it too had been a relic from days long gone; tucked away during the relentless march of time. Before she had dived into her lofty ambitions of artificial consciousness, her naive self from sixth grade sought to pursue the creation of behemoths like Asterism. Unfortunately, the feasibility and cost that had been made apparent during her growing years had rendered the idea null; but it was different here. Astrid did not often name her belongings, much less treat them as people, but Asterism was different. It was her other half.

Without a moment to spare, the silvery haired beauty flung herself up the Golem's leg; feeling the cold touch of death sweep underneath her. Astrid was calm again, almost happy even, that being reunited with her machine had come at a time she needed most. Whatever that golden drone was, she would give it proper thanks when she sees it again. In a matter of seconds, the elf had climbed up to Asterism's chest with practiced ease, placing her palms on the chest plate to open the cockpit hatch.

Asterism's cockpit was spherical, with runes lining the interior like an art museum. When Astrid climbed inside, the symbols lit up and quickly displayed their surroundings in a panoramic fashion. A single exoskeleton sat in the epicentre of the cockpit, serving as Asterism's modus operandi. It was a full body control system, where the pilot that is hooked up to the suit would have the golem mimic their movements. Astrid quickly nestled herself within the skeleton, feeling the metallic parts wrap around her limbs, groin, chest and shoulders for support.

"Wake up, my dear. It's cleaning time."

The blank slits on Asterism's eyes flashed royal blue, and the giant knightess roared to life. Astrid was all smiles, feeling the hum of magical energy flowing through the massive armor she was riding. The fear she had felt had evaporated; returned to the pandemonium of thoughts for the time being. The normally stoic lady allowed the feeling of empowerment to consume her, indulging in the pleasures that only she could understand. The silent feelings of uselessness had been hidden even to herself, and it is only when piloting Asterism did Astrid feel the safest. And the strongest. A side of the elf that she had never revealed was now on full display, a ruthless sadist that had been obscured by the stoic mask of indifference.

"Aren't you all so tiny…fufu…like insects that deserve to be crushed."

Though the words of the elf were delivered in the usual cold and calculative monotone, the smile Astrid was wearing gave her tone a new meaning. Lifting up her feet, Asterism followed its rider's action and shifted its foot above the beast that had attacked her. Without warning, the golem brought it down at a speed dwarfing what was expected of a construct its size; seeking to eviscerate the monster using only the weight of Asterism.

Lothric

The dragon was having a hard time processing what was going on: the shock of so many different things going on all at once seemed to freeze the oversized reptile in place. Where had it all gone wrong?

He remembered following the fairy through the forest with the rest of the group. The human Cephus had tried to ask her questions, but the fey-kind was giving them vague, slightly romantic, answers that didn't help at all. Trying to change the topic he asked instead about Helios, the supposed god of sun, and they had been directed into the oddity in the sky. Against all better judgement Lothric saw that there was a noticeable lack of sun in the sky: an entire celestial body just not there, leaving a permanent eclipse in its wake. To the dragon it explained how the forest was so dark all the time, but it didn't explain how all the plants and animals were still alive (as someone whose destroyed stars before would know).

They had been lead to a clearing in the woods and met another fairy, but this one was like the floating orbs that had brought the dragon to this bizarre place. She had pointed out the fact that we had been tricked and that the fairy we were following wasn't the god Demeter but someone called Persephone. The imposter called forth monsters Lothric hadn't seen before, and before he could act the blue fairy started helping them for some reason. Then a voice came out of nowhere, and then another bigger knight appeared to materialize from light?! And then the elf girl jumped inside of it and then... oh.... he remembered how he got here....

The dragon shook off his confusion, refusing to think too hard about what was going on. At the moment all he needed to know was that they were being attacked; kill the shadow beasts and eat the purple fairy. These were concepts that Lothric could get his head around. Pushing off of the ground with his wings the dragon rose into the air, just above where everyone's heads would be, and descended on the closest shadow creature, claws shredding across its body and the dragon roaring the entire time.

Seikatsu Mitsunari

Their journey continued and although he despaired walking any further, Mitsunari wouldn't lament out loud. Instead he zoned out and followed the bobbing of heads and the fluttering of wings ahead of him. Walking on autopilot, he missed a great deal of the conversation and even the portion where it was revealed that their guide was not exactly who they thought that she was. It eventually became clear through her actions though that she was not a friend. As creatures of darkness emerged from the shadows of the trees, Mitsunari couldn't help but to feel impressed by the power on display.

His eyes watched as the creatures encircled them, trapping them and preparing to strike. Astrid was gifted with her machine, which made the kitsune happy because he didn't plan to fight for anyone else again. Lothric also didn't hesitate to begin his attack of the creatures.

Tired as he was, Mitsunari knew he couldn't count on the others to protect him and would have to deal with his enemy himself. Suddenly the forest was illuminated by flashes of blue lightning that surged around Mitsunari's arms as he raised and aimed them at the monster. "Screeching Barrage." Two bolts burst forward from his palms, crying out loudly as they raced towards the beast.

• Screeching Barrage - Magic Affinity D, Magic Range F, Magic Targets F, Wind Affinity F - This spells launches a flurry of lightning elemental bolts at multiple targets. - Grade D (2 Target Maximum, 10ft Range, 2 post cooldown
EMIYAman EMIYAman

[TMK] - Individual Individual EMIYAman EMIYAman lXlGamemaster lXlGamemaster LadyOfStars LadyOfStars Dante Verren Dante Verren
{ Engage }
1656984121393.png

[4th Wall]

[In RP]
{Notes}
(Thoughts)
-----------------------------------------------------

As they expected, combat has sprung between the false Demeter and this new arrival, along with the new threats having emerged upon Persephone's bidding. Due to the pacing however, TMK did not find the time to take notes but instead contribute to the combat effort. Dropping their notebook and holding one weapon in each nub, Chakram in left and Knife on right. Code Essence wasn't surging yet, because they wanted to test the capabilities of this newfound gear that Ares had provided. Setting their sights on the next beast after seeing the others attacking their own, TMK winded up, giving the Chakram it's needed spin for effectiveness before throwing it with a good amount of strength. Aiming for a clean hit on the Monster's body.

[Engaging Hostiles. Use of Lethal force mandatory.]

LadyOfStars LadyOfStars Beetlebuggo Beetlebuggo Individual Individual lXlGamemaster lXlGamemaster Dante Verren Dante Verren

2936dfc9ecef192c6cba60f908c06e42.jpg
The onslaught from the dark creatures of the forest had truly begun. And no sooner than it had, one was already dead. Astrid invigorated at the sight of her creation Asterism climbed inside swiftly bringing its heel down upon one of the monsters. The creature while cunning and viscous far more than any predator in the natural world still had the mind of an animal. It could barely comprehend the thing before it, only stiff in surprise as its body was eclipsed by Asterisms boot. It was able to let out a slight yelp before its body was thoroughly crushed becoming a black smear upon the ground. The corpse soon began to dissolve into black ash. The other dark creatures quickly noticed the death of one of them. Now noting the threat of the metal giant they gave Astrid a wide berth but continued their assault upon the others.

The brief lull from the creatures reassessment of the Asterism as a threat was enough for Lothric to suddenly pounce on one taking it by surprise. The creature reacted quickly biting and clawing back at Lothric cutting shallowly but numerously across his torso and neck. The two tussled in a ball rolling around as they charged and bit at each other roaring all the while. Lothrics own claws sunk deeper than the creatures but the wounds he was inflicting were healing slowly but surely. The creature would last long if a decisive blow was not dealt. Another made for Mitsunari bounding towards him, the fox man acted quickly. Launching bolts of electricity at the beast. They struck true, the creatures body smoking and pus boiling. However it was not dead merely slowed. It had been halted by the attack but was getting up surprisingly fast. It constitution resistant to the lightnings power. It hissed at him as its body healed a black ichor leaking from its mouth. Next to Astrid was TMK who was engaged in his own fight. He pink ball threw the Chakram in its hand at the monster which threatened him. The circular blade sailed through the air, and missed cleaving through a tree instead before embedding itself in another one. The creatures head followed the Chakram, then turned back to face TMK a long black tongue hanging form its mouth as it stalked towards him. One of the beasts that was originally going for Astrid had run from her. And upon seeing the vulnerable TMK joined its brethren.

Both of them beared down on the pink voidling. TMK would hear goyo-200818-16.jpga sound he could only identify as the creaking of wood. Before suddenly, tendrils of bark would emerge from the ground hoisting one of the creatures into the air. They struggled and roared but it proved fruitless. From behind him a small girl clothed in white and greens reminiscent of nature appeared wielding a spear of white bark. She help a book seemingly crafted from natural bounty of the forest itself. It glowed in her hands as she held it aloft. Her face was impassive but her eyes were intense in their fury. She made no showing if even knowing he was there she merely walked up to the creature before impaling one through the skull. Coating her face in its black blood which slowly dissolved into ash. The surviving monster growls but is cowed at the sight of her. "Repulsive creatures aren't they? An instrument of Persephone's taint which dares to invade mothers domain." The fairy Chartí spoke out loud but not to TMK, her eyes were on a figure which had followed her. A cloaked knight wielding sword and shield, Gawain. Deeper within the forest the other fairy and Persephone clashed a sonic boom echoed out followed by a flash of light from their attacks. Chartí's eyes narrowed. "That must be her." Her voice was laced with thinly veiled vitriol and as frigid as ice. "But who is she fighting, a servant of that man?" She turned to Gawain. "We mustn't waste this opportunity. Let us be rid of these vile beasts, then... we kill Persephone." While most of the dark creatures were being dealt with by the group close to a dozen began to emerge from the forest, serving to overwhelm them if they weren't quick enough. Now bolder with the increase in their numbers the creatures attacked Asterism together, jumping upon the mech and clawing at it trying to find some vulnerability with which to kill it.

Last edited:
Lothric

The dragon roared with a mixture of fury and frustration; the tussle he'd had with the shadow beast had left him with cuts all along his body, but the creature before him appeared to be healing before he could kill it. He unfurled his wings and took to the air, rising until he was confident that none of them could reach him, as he overlooked the battlefield. It seemed the big knight that the elf-girl had summoned was able to kill the things in one blow, each stomp shaking the trees around her. Mitsunari attempted to use his magic, but he was running into the same issue Lothric was with the healing. 'It seems like we need something to kill these things in one hit' Lothric thought to himself.

He attempted to summon the power of his former self once more, but the only effect he could pull off was the crystal on his forehead fizzling with cosmic energy. He still lacked the thing that Mitsunari had that allowed him to cast magic, something that Lothric needed to unlock eventually, but now was not the time. Around this time another fairy had appeared and destroyed a few with manipulated plants, along with another knight who.... was he a skeleton? The dragon shook his head; this wasn't the time to be caught up on everything going on in the battle. His wounds along his neck and face throbbed as a reminder of his goal.

The only thing that he could think of at the moment was that wood could be their weakness, since the fairy was able to dispatch them so easily, so the dragon pulled the sturdiest branch from the nearest tree and wielded it like a lance in both claws. Not even thinking whether this was a good idea he began his rapid descent, determined to impale one of the beasts and drop the stick before swooping back up into the air

Seikatsu Mitsunari
"Damn it." Mitsunari growled when he saw that the creature had resisted the attack and started to heal. A quick glance around would reveal that the other enemies were doing the same. These beasts were pesky, but impressive. "Raijin's Fury." Mitsunari raised one hand up and conjured a dark, storm cloud above the monster's head. "Hah!" He threw his hand down with a grunt and at his command, two bolts of lightning danced around the sky briefly before they were hurled towards the ground.

EMIYAman EMIYAman
  • Screeching Barrage - Magic Affinity D, Magic Range F, Magic Targets F, Wind Affinity F - This spells launches a flurry of lightning elemental bolts at multiple targets. - Grade D (2 Target Maximum, 10ft Range, 2 post cooldown (1/2)
  • Raijin's Fury - Magic Affinity D, Lightning Affinity F, Magic Area Of Affect F, Spell Duration F, Magic range F, Magic Targets F - Dark clouds form over an area 10ft in diameter and rains down lightning for 60 seconds. Two targets can be specifically struck at the caster's discretion. - Grade D - 2 Post Cooldown (0/2)

Gawain
Interactions: EMIYAman EMIYAman LadyOfStars LadyOfStars lXlGamemaster lXlGamemaster Beetlebuggo Beetlebuggo Individual Individual
Gawain.jpg
Gawain chuckled from behind his cloak as he watched Charti deliver such devastation onto the shadow creatures. She was strong, no wonder her and her sister had survived for so long. Even after everything he had seen in this world this situation was still surreal to witness. A dragon, some kind of wounded fox man, a large pink blob, and a fucking robot were fighting creatures made of shadow. Honestly he couldn't even tell if these people were apart of the forest or were from outside like him, but either way it didn't really matter. He didn't waste the time to look back at Charti, instead he nodded knowing she could see the motion. "Agreed they are quite repulsive, although considering that you first associated me with them I suppose I just agreed to my own appearance being repulsive. Not that it's wrong. "

He looked past the battle ground to see the duel between the wayward sister Persephone and whoever else it was she was fighting. "It doesn't matter who it is, all that matters is they keep Persephone busy. Keep up the onslaught against her minions. Once we have our chance we get you your vengeance. For your sisters, and for Demeter!" As he finished speaking he scanned the battlefield and took up a ready position to guard Charti. Once any of the blasted creatures made it with in striking range of the skeleton knight he would stab forwards while keeping himself between Charti and the beasts. If those damned beasts wanted to get to the fairy, they had a good amount of metal and bone they would need to chew through to get to her.

Astrid Narrésyr

Astrid_small.jpg

Terrifying though the creatures might be, the light squeal the unfortunate beast made was music to Astrid's ears. She would like to think that she wasn't a sadist, but sometimes even she could doubt herself. As the monster disintegrated into blackness, the elf twisted her golem's boot to ensure that not a trace of the glooey remains could reform into a more twisted abomination. From the confines of Asterism's cockpit, the white-haired lady watched as the spawns of darkness scurried away with the same terror they were born to inflict. Ironic, yes, but Astrid did not blame them.

Unfortunately, the brief respite granted by the symbol of power was to her and her alone. While her little aggressors cowered in fear of the metal giant, they had instead shifted their fangs towards her less protected companions. Astrid watched the battle explode around her, letting the flood of adrenaline and excitement evaporate so as to leave her regular air of focus behind. Now wasn't the time to dwell on her more…destructive pleasures. The elf brandished the crimson blade attached to Asterism's arm; the weapon itself pulsating vociferously with magical energy as she brought it down into the thickest blotch of monsters. Due to the size of Asterism, it would be difficult for Astrid to assist anyone other than Lothric; lest she run the risk of crushing her own ally. All she could do was thin out the numbers to lessen the burden of darkness.

[TMK] - Individual Individual EMIYAman EMIYAman lXlGamemaster lXlGamemaster LadyOfStars LadyOfStars Dante Verren Dante Verren
{ Engage }

1657602877862.png
[4th Wall]
[In RP]
{Notes}
(Thoughts)
-----------------------------------------------------

Nodding in thanks to the new arrival's assistance, TMK turned to face the 2nd beast that had decided to approach them, Taking their knife into the other hand and stepped forward, Code Essence flaring up and encasing their unoccupied arm with it's decaying properties.

[Come at me.] They silently challenged, eying the monster up and down with two ovoid abysses.

LadyOfStars LadyOfStars Beetlebuggo Beetlebuggo Individual Individual lXlGamemaster lXlGamemaster Dante Verren Dante Verren

2936dfc9ecef192c6cba60f908c06e42.jpg
The monsters began to surge from the depths of the dark forest. Growing steadily in number. Despite this the expedition team fought valiantly. Adapting to the monsters hardy constitution. None more so than Astrid within the fearsome Asterism, while the dark creatures threw themselves at it none could pierce its armor. Claws scraped off and teeth broke upon her. With her blade many a foe were cut down unable to regenerate from its fatal strikes. The rest of the team each struggled far more than it. Yet they were still unbroken, and with the arrival of two newcomers aiding them in battle the outcome was hopeful.

Cephus ducked under a branch as he scrambled to stay close to Asterism without being crushed. The arrival of the giant construct was surprising, and he had no idea how Astrid had managed it but he wasn't going to look a gift horse in the mouth. "Agh!" He yelled out as the remains of black creature with a head resembling the skull of some kind of deer or elk landed next to him. He was lucky in that none of the monsters had made for him yet focusing on the others. But he would admit that this feeling of uselessness was a harsh one. All he could do was stay alive and avoid getting in the others way. He wasn't a fighter Cephus knew that, but he would do what he could for those who had joined him in his selfish quest. He could manage that much. Everyone needed a medic after all.

A fair distance from Asterism deadly dance was Lothric. The dragons opponent a particularly hardy monster of the Dark Forest hissed up at him in the sky, but it could do nothing to hurt him. The dragon swifty plunged down from the air towards the beast a large sharply ended branch held like a spear in its claws. The monster tensed its body and while animalistic in its intelligence it still had some natural combat capabilities. Yet Lothrics sudden descent was quick it tried to compensate and leap out of the way but before it could make the full distance it was struck. While not fatal the wood pierced fully through its malleable body. The improvised weapon continued through thanks to Lothrics momentum burying itself deep into the ground. After a brief roar of pain the creature started to thrash violently, but the thick branch had impaled it to the ground and it could not be removed easily. Its black flesh bubbled surged around the wound but only served to embed the branch further in. As the flesh tried to weave itself back together, but was unable to. It was not dead but it would do nothing to anyone in its current state. Leaving Lothric unimpeded as he swooped back into the air.

Mitsunari was locked in a battle of his own, and his own adversary was proving quite resistant to his electric elemental magic. While its muscles twitch it seemed barely the worse for wear. The burned tissue cause by the powerful current simple healed and it seemed to possess neither a heart nor a brain with which to damage. Summoning up his more powerful magic the scarred fox raised his arm, and following it came a dark cloud suddenly forming above them. The creature gazed up at the cloud sensing some kind of danger. With no frame of reference for what was about to occur the beast could only charge for Mitsunari. It was then that he brought his hand down, and immediately after lightning course through the sky crashing into the beast. This one a far greater power than his last attack. The black flesh of the creature bubbled and frothed before bursting off the body in black splotches. Whatever they were made from it seemed more liquid than solid. As its flesh boiled it writhed still trying to drag its way over to Mitsunari and kill him. Then its leg exploded as its black mud like ichor burst from the heat generated from the sustained lightning strikes. Then with one final weak gargling roar it fully exploded leaving behind only its skull like head. A portion of its liquid body splashing across Mitsunari but leaving him unmolested. The ichor soon began to turn to ash and blow away.

Elsewhere Gawain and Charti worked surprisingly well together. The latter weaving through the dark creatures like a skilled dancer whos wake left only death. Any weakness in her form was covered by Gawain who made short work of anything that came near. His sword and shield style proving a difficult obstacle to surmount. With his great strength his sword cleaved through his opponents with barely any resistance though his stabs for far less effective than his slashes, but that is where Charti came in with magic and spear. The two together even contested Asterism in the number of creatures they dispatched. Nearby TMK was facing off the remaining monster. His chakram was imbedded in a tree past the creature, but he wielded by knife and code essence. The monster seeing the pink creature general rounded ness, bright color and size saw it as easy prey. It lunged at TMK aiming to rake its claws across his body. Then Charti after having taken out the last of the creatures in their proximity threw her spear through the air. It pierced straight threw the creature splitting it in two the pieces falling before TMK. The spear held in the air for a moment before flying back into the Arch Fae's hand. She looked down at the pink creature. Her visage as of ice. "Strange Unrooted, but... cute." With that she went back into battle. Most of the monsters now huddled around Asterism.

Suddenly from the depths of the forest the sounds of magic and energy blasts reached a crescendo. Before two figures exploded from the trees. Persephone herself crashed through multiple trees from some great blow. Despite this however she seemed fine, and a wide grin remained across her face. "Your efforts are most amusing Titania, but ultimately meaningless! With the favor I have been granted I may never die!" A blue light flashed through the air colliding with Persephone who formed a magical shield to intercept it. The other fairy who Persephone had called Titania emerged from the trees. Her hand held out in front of her, while a drone floated next to her charging up another shot. Saying nothing in response, with only an empty stare meeting her. Persephone's smile widened almost unnaturally, and despite it she seemed to be growing angry. Then she blinked owlishly as she beheld the expedition team in the midst of their struggle. "Huh? You lot aren't dead yet, strange truly strange. Thats not right not right at all." With a pout and a tilt of her head she spoke as if confused by an inconvenience. Then she raised an arm and a black flame sprung to existence in it. Titania's impassive mask was cracked ever so slightly as her eyes widened a fraction before she fired another energy blast at Persephone, but it too was met by another shield. She was too late. The dark flame in Persephone's hand exploded into multiple balls before racing through the forest into the dark. There was silence for a time. A lull seemed to suffuse the battlefield as even the creatures paused. Then simultaneously they all collapsed into black mud, which then flowed quickly into the forest. A rumble then began to grow with the creaking and breaking of trees being heard. Then a great fist appeared from the dark of the forest.

e34eae418ddf8e3774bd5fe1be08c179.jpgA large figure stepped out into view. Standing at least three feet taller than Asterism. It's body was formed from the black bark of the forest trees, and the black mud which formed the monsters flesh held it together. With the loud creaking of wood it came before them all casting its head from side to side observing them. Then it let out a loud roar a combination of a bestial growl and the sound of wood being crushed. "Enjoy my gift." With those words a puddle of mud formed beneath her feet which Persephone sank into. Disappearing from view. Titania turned to the The Dark Forests latest abomination. The drones at her side charging their magitech cannons, she prepared to engage. The giant monster gazed at Asterism first then ran forward launching its fist into the mechs head.

Lothric

Lothric peered down at the impaled beast in amusement, but knew that his efforts were futile if they couldn't deal with the source: the twisted fairy Persephone. He circled overhead looking for any signs of the light she emitted, but didn't have to wait long to find her, as she appeared to be in battle with another fairy. He geared up for another dive towards the deity, but stopped when he saw the attacks that the fey simply shrugged off. He was nowhere nearly as powerful as these beings, so what good would rushing into the line of fire do? He held himself suspended in the air, fuming at his inability to do anything.

He had thought that the fight would have been over when she retreated, but the thundering from the forest below showed him how wrong he was. From the forest came a beast of twisted nature: a colossus with twisted trees and black ichor for flesh. If Lothric had felt powerless with Persephone, then he really felt powerless now. His claws couldn't hope to penetrate the wooden exterior, and he didn't even bother to try and impale it like he had the lesser beast.

There didn't seem to be anything that he could do, but he didn't want to hang his tail in shame. If he couldn't do any damage to it himself, then he might as well make himself a nuisance to it. The dragon swooped down and made a flyby attack at the back of the creature's head, attempting to pull any lingering twigs out like hair on a giant. If he could manage to catch the creature's attention then perhapse the knight the elf had summoned, or even the fire from Mitsunari, would be able to take the beast down. He continued his assault and prepared himself if the beast managed to swing at him

Seikatsu Mitsunari

The fox exhaled loudly, trying to catch his breath as he watched the sludge change into dust. It removed a heavy weight from his chest to know that these beast were not going to reform and continue to fight for all eternity. This place had given him enough to be furious about and that would have been the feather the broke the camels back. Looking around he took note of the success of his associates and the ways in which they had bested their foes. He had expected Lothric to melt his enemy, but the dragon took a different approach. Perhaps that spoke to his versatility in combat situations.

Mitsunari had no intentions on celebrating, but when he spotted their next competitor, he felt his heart fall into his stomach and his body tremble. This place was full of creatures who dwarfed his own power and capabilities with ease. Whatever advantage he assumed he had, was a lie. Their only advantage was their numbers and even that rarely benefitted them.

Watching the creature target Astrid and her giant machine, Mitsunari stepped back, looking to avoid becoming a casualty in a clash between giants. The fairy creature attempted to blast the monster and Lothric flew around trying to harass it. Fire would be the best option against such a foe, but there was the risk that the forest would catch fire and then they would be trapped. There was also the chance that he would get stepped on by one of them. So he would remain at a distance and if the creature came his way, then he would engage it, but for now his safety came first.

• Screeching Barrage - Magic Affinity D, Magic Range F, Magic Targets F, Wind Affinity F - This spells launches a flurry of lightning elemental bolts at multiple targets. - Grade D (2 Target Maximum, 10ft Range, 2 post cooldown (2/2)
  • Raijin's Fury - Magic Affinity D, Lightning Affinity F, Magic Area Of Affect F, Spell Duration F, Magic range F, Magic Targets F - Dark clouds form over an area 10ft in diameter and rains down lightning for 60 seconds. Two targets can be specifically struck at the caster's discretion. - Grade D - 2 Post Cooldown (1/2)
EMIYAman EMIYAman Beetlebuggo Beetlebuggo lXlGamemaster lXlGamemaster Individual Individual Dante Verren Dante Verren

Gawain
Interactions: EMIYAman EMIYAman LadyOfStars LadyOfStars Beetlebuggo Beetlebuggo lXlGamemaster lXlGamemaster Individual Individual
Gawain.jpg

Gawain had to admit he was impressed. Despite the rocky relationship the two of them had, Charti and himself fought together rather well. He was greatly intrigued by her almost dance like fighting style that brought slaughter to any enemy caught within her wake. Any that survived the massacre, or tried to get to close to her found another problem. Just as he said he would he stuck by her and guarded the fairy. Cutting left, stabbing right, and overall cutting through the beast. He could feel the phantom feeling of a smile on his bony face. Then it all went to hell as Persephone repapered.

With her battle ended the dark fairy ended up summoning a massive monster, easily 18 feet in height. The goliath leaped into battle delivering a blow to the mechs face. The goliath wasn't the only one to take action though, as the Dragon sprung into the air and began to assualt it's face. He caught a glimpse of the fox falling back, hopefully it was to generate a new magical attack. Still Gawain knew what he needed to do.

With a fluid motion he stabbed the shield into the ground and took a knee. "Lady Charti, please step back and do what you can from a range. Do not engange Persephone on your own. We slay the golaith, then we put down it's master." As he spoke he held is sword horizontally before him, and raised his left hand. The small burned charm on his wrist began to glow lightly. "Poison blade" he whispered. A thick black liquid spit from the ruined charm and doused the blade in it's sticky substance, covering the extent of the sharpened edges. As soon as the spell was cast he grabbed the shield and stood up. With a quick nod to his fairy companion he charged forward sword raised. Aiming for whatever he could see to be a weak point in it's armor he through a slash towards the creatures knee hoping to do at least a bit of damage.

Ability:
  • Poison Blade: Magic E, Magic Affinity Posion F, Spell Duration F: Allows the caster to douse their weapon with a thick poison that enters into the enemies body upon contact dealing damage as it makes contact with the enemy. Spell last for one minute, Grade E, 1 post cool down

[TMK] - > EMIYAman EMIYAman LadyOfStars LadyOfStars Individual Individual Dante Verren Dante Verren lXlGamemaster lXlGamemaster
1658278493701.png

PRE-EXiT
------------------

TMK, who had been prepared fully to take on the beast themselves, was waiting for said beast to close in for their attack, but as it seems, one of the newcomers had once again gotten the hostile taken care of before they made a move. Turning to the voice that had called them a strange but cute Unrooted, they responded.

[I express my gratitude for the assist, Ally.] They weren't sure what to address her as so they chose that as she was on their side.

Then, it emerged

A giant wooden hulking figure, likely the size close to that of the lady's golem.. which had socked her golem in the face as it seemed.

[The action I've witnessed must be very stressful for the Lady in that metal being. Once these beasts are dealt with, we must prioritize assisting her with the enemy.]

Seeing as it was distracted however, TMK took this opportunity to regroup some objects..

First, they searched and found the chakram that had been thrown and missed. They took a mental note to likely practice with it some time later as they plucked it out of the bark and hung it around the arm with the knife. They then made haste to stand by Gaiwan and Charti.

[Are you two okay?] The text of their question hovered above the pink orb as they looked to the two.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back