• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Graded [Alvheim Ruins] Dungeon Crawl Ho! - Remnant of Ancient Ambition

Lothric

E5sTKNoXEAErDyg.jpg:small

The dragon let out a slight chuckle, but more at himself than anything the fox man had said. The odds of two former gods meeting at the same place was too coincidental it seemed, even with a group this odd. Some part of him felt hollow, as though he were hoping for something that didn't appear, but Lothric couldn't put his claw on it. He did find it appropriate that they were almost exact opposite of each other: one born from greatness and sent to the bottom, and one from nothing given the opportunity for greatness. He thought the fox's goals for power was admirable, but Lothric wondered to what goal.

"What happens when you become a powerful sorcerer?" He asked. "Will you be satisfied with the power, or crave something more?" Most of the question was to the fox, but some of it was to himself as well. At the moment he was trying to survive in this bizarre world, but for what purpose? He had been everything and more, and lost it, and no amount of time spent in this would would give it back to him. Was he gaining power to live a better life? What else did this world have to offer him than pain? "I'm asking for a friend..."

Seikatsu Mitsunari

1655240593949.png

That was always the question that needed to be asked. When hunting for power one needed to know when they had enough and when to stop their hunt. "At that point I believe I will seek out knowledge for knowledge's sake and have to power to pursue it wherever the journey may take me." Behind his bandages, Mitsunari's expression became one of content and calm. The thought of easy living was nice and although unfamiliar and still out of reach, it soothed him.

"What will you do after our escape from this place? Will you seek out your godhood and become the dragon of destruction once more?" He turned his attention to the dragon of destruction and held his stare for a moment. Very few people or monsters had managed to capture Mitsunari's attention like Lothric had. Normally such a being would be prized for his power, but the Kitsune was equally if not more, interested in the story that would unfold for Lothric.

lXlGamemaster lXlGamemaster

Lothric

"If I regained my godhood now I would be no better than I was before." He looked to the group of adventurers. "This life is teaching me things that my previous one had taken for granted. I've learned that not everything goes according to plan, but being mortal means overcoming those obstacles and becoming better from it." Lothric recalled how hard life had been after he had fallen from grace: how bad hunger felt, the anguish of failing to hunt for days, and the satisfaction of succeeding. He had been terrified, but also he had been more alive than he had when he was a god.

"Stars fall for a reason, and perhaps it's best that I don't return." While it hurt for him to say so, he knew it was true. If he returned to his place in the celestial plane, he wouldn't be forgiven for the things he had done. "I'll gain more power in this life, but what I do with it is yet to be seen. There's something... exciting about that. Walking on a path that hasn't been laid out for you."

Seikatsu Mitsunari

The words of the goddess played back in Mitsunari's mind and he couldn't help but wonder if that was what she wanted for him. Since then he had struggled simply to live and endured the daily pain of the wounds that she had left him, but he could not say he was any different than when he earned these scars. "Perhaps this venture was not a total waste." The vulpine mage mused. Lothric had given him some perspective. A god now mortal who did not seem too keen on returning to the life he once had, simply because this was a more exciting life. It was an interesting point of view and while Mitsunari couldn't say he completely agreed, he could understand.

"I'm glad being mortal has reinvigorated you." Mitsunari quipped with a small smirk tugging on his bandages and pushing them apart. "I have my goal, but my path to it is littered with obstacles and opposition. And very few allies." He looked to Cephus and the others, then back to Lothric. "That is the price of not following the rules I suppose." Being a criminal would make his ambitions all the more difficult to pursue as he had far more enemies than friends. With a heavy sigh he knelt down beside Lothric, moving slowly so as to avoid irritating his wounds any further, and then made himself comfortable on the cool floor.

lXlGamemaster lXlGamemaster

Mentions: LadyOfStars LadyOfStars Individual Individual lXlGamemaster lXlGamemaster Beetlebuggo Beetlebuggo

Atria
a9e08ee298fd1e4858dd78b6dd658b4c.jpg
ezgif-1-31f8bb0e97.jpg Once the group left Ares' Wing they found themselves back in the hub area Ouro had first taken them. Though this time the room was empty and only the sound of mechanical whirs, the beeps of computers, and the ecology beyond the viewing area met them. From where they entered the group could see the door which had led to Thanatos' Chamber had been sealed off by a large bulkhead. Besides Thanatos the doors to Hephaestus, Helios, and Demeter seemed unchanged. As well as two unmarked doors. One of which was large and covered in bolts, seals both physical and magical in nature, and other various ways to keep a person out. While the other was a smaller doorway unremarkable in its look and construction.

Cephus made a few slow steps from the entrance they emerged from, before sitting on the ground taking slow deep breaths. "That was the most stressed I've been in my entire life and I used to be a student at Ryken Academy." While definitely under some distress Cephus seemed almost excited. He turned to look back at the dragon Lothric "I guess this is the first time you've seen this place, but Ouro... or Hestia, whatever, called it the 'Atria' apparently you can travel all over the ruin from here. We found you in there." He raised a slightly shaky hand pointing to the now sealed Thanatos door. "And from over there we-" He stopped stunned and blinking owlishly, the large gate they had entered through was gone. Nothing was there except smooth metal. Cephus shot to his feet with a start surprise evident upon his face. "It's gone!" He went up to it examining the wall both panic and fascination in his eyes. "But how..." Suddenly the large door which was thoroughly locked and sealed, made a strange muffled sound which seemed to come from beyond the door. Then the metal bars which locked it away receded, yet the rest of the security measures remained, and the sound ceased.

A little distance from the expedition group a small drone similar to the ones which had taken Lothric peeked out from behind a console.

(Please specify which weapons each of you took if any at all make sure its only the 3 unless you're feeling up to the consequences. From here you guys can take a more open approach to where you want to go and how you want to handle things but there is an overarching plot that will be progressing either way.)

Lothric

Lothric let out a low growl of annoyance as he looked around the room, confident that the false gods were watching their every move. "I tire of these games! Hasn't enough blood been spilt for your amuzement!" He recalled his time in the astral plane extensively, and even his past form hadn't toyed with something for this long. The sounds coming from the barred door didn't improve help to improve his mood either. "If something is coming from the way we came before, then we need to figure out how to get out of this room."

He tried to look around, but everything was alien to him: slick metal sheets instead of cobbled stone lined the floors, everything had a type of wrapping or warning attached to it, but their purposes remained unknown. He approached the area with the glowing windows with words and pictures on them, but everything there seemed to delecate for a dragon's touch, not that he would know what to touch in the first place.

Finally he decided that if he couldn't interact with anything in the room than maybe he could find another way out. He ignored the wall that had previously held the exit and turned to the other doors labled Hephaestus, Helios, and Demeter. He didn't know what kind of horrors lied behind these doors, but if something was going to be chasing them again, anywhere but here was fine with him. Running his claws on the door to Hephestus he turned to the party, particularly the smart looking ones. "Do the names of these false gods mean anything to you? If so, which of these doors is the least likely to get us killed?"

Last edited:
Seikatsu Mitsunari

Mitsunari let out a soft sigh as they returned to the Atria. His eyes wandered around for the briefest moment before he noticed that their exit was gone. "Troubling..." He examined the wall from a distance, looking for maybe a point of weakness that they would be able to hit and break through, but the dragon drew his attention away. Finally he showed more ferocity. Sure it was dangerous, but Mitsunari wanted to know just what these monsters were capable of, especially one with a past like Lothric.

"False gods." Mitsunari said with a smirk as he approached Lothric. He was starting to enjoy the dragon's way of speaking. "Demeter is a goddess of harvest and agriculture. She is closely associated with plants and the like. We could cross through the door and be met by carnivorous plants." He turned to the door of Hephaestus next. "This is the god of craft. Forging and blacksmithing. Could be more of those robots waiting on the other side." Then he set his sights on the Helios door. "Helios is a sun god so there is no telling what would be on the other side of the door." Mitsunari glanced at the rest of their group momentarily before turning his attention to the door which was heavily locked.

He was willing to bet that a great prize was hidden behind there and likely protected by a great threat. With a heavy sigh he looked to Lothric. "Perhaps with enough force, the two of us could blast through this wall and make our way to the exit." The idea still floated around his mind as he would much rather leave empty handed than risk not leaving at all.

lXlGamemaster lXlGamemaster EMIYAman EMIYAman Individual Individual Beetlebuggo Beetlebuggo

Astrid Narrésyr

Astrid_small.jpg

As Astrid wasn't a fighter, taking any weapons would leave her at a disadvantage. Most were heavy, where her only source of strength without her golem was her speed. Even if she were to take small arms like knives, the elf preferred to be unarmed as she wasn't sure how well the entities in this place would take armed personnel intruding into their domains. The lady kept pace with Cephus, the other noncombatant, as they figured out what to do. For once though, she voiced her inner thoughts to the young man as Lothric had already received his answer from the fox.

"As per Ares and Hestia, it would seem that the beings here are based on various deities of the same pantheon. Ares, the actual one, was worshipped as a god of war, which befitted his artificial counterpart as a manager of the hanger containing massive golems of destruction. Thanatos was the personification of death, hence its task with draining soul energy. The rest are most likely similar to their actual counterparts."

Astrid placed her fingers under her chin, as though deep in thought. Her single unobscured ruby-colored eye was both wary and focused, which was unlike her usual nonchalant outlook on the events occurring around her. Though they appear to have a choice, the elf had a sinking feeling that they would have to go through all three in the end.

"Hephaestus is the god of fire but most notably blacksmiths. His domain would most likely be an armory for handheld weapons in comparison to Ares' steel giants. Demeter is the goddess of agriculture, so the purpose of her domain could very well be a greenhouse of sorts. It was very likely that the people living down here would need to eat. Or it could just be another sick experimentation of wildlife, who knows. As for Helios, the god of the sun, it could go two ways. The Sun is often seen as a source of life and hence my first thought was that it was a power generator running the whole facility. Unfortunately, Thanatos had already taken up that role which leads me to the other interpretation. Weapons of mass destruction."

Nukes perhaps? The intensity of those blasts were quite comparable to the sun after all. In any case, their decision should not be based on what lay behind those doors but the temperment of the A.Is that safeguarded them. To that end, Astrid turned to Cephus.

"Hephaestus was always known to be a mild and peaceful god, so it would be reasonable to assume that his artificial counterpart would share at least some of those qualities. Because if he didn't, I would be very disappointed in the creator. Demeter on the other hand was a motherly figure and the ideal representation of a maternal figure. Both are relatively good choices. As for Helios, well, he's more of a concept like Thanatos rather than a full-fledged god. Better to save him for last."

[CHR://-- TMK] -- [Interactivity Designation//: - [Rp'er:// EMIYAman EMIYAman [Rp'er:// Individual Individual ] [Rp'er:// lXlGamemaster lXlGamemaster [Rp'er//: LadyOfStars LadyOfStars ]
1655742848024.png
[4th Wall awareness]
[In Rp communication]
(Mental Notes)
{Notebook Writings}
---

Throughout the rest of the exchange between Sovereign Ares and the others in this expedition, TMK remained silent; their frown gone and replaced with a neutral expression. Taking a seat to give their nubby feet a break from the running earlier, they set their Notebook to an empty page and got to their note documenting.

{Sovereigns - High class workers of the Soul Research facility.
Known Sovereigns - Ouro \Annotation: Referred to as Hestia by Sovereign Ares. Possible cause of Name change as per her self designation remains as a chimeric replacement./ Ares - Supervisor of a weapons storage portion of the facility. Maker of these weapons remains unidentified.}

Looking back up, TMK now realized that Ares was departing, leaving a cache of weapons open to them.

TMK close their notebook and waddled to the compartment, looking over each weapon.

Then they found 2 weapons of interest. A bladed weapon that took the shape of a large ring, and the other, a dark straightforward knife with a blue glowing edge similar to that of the ring-blade.

Taking the Chakram and the Knife, TMK followed lastly after the departing group.

As they walked, the pink orb found themselves studying the two weapons at hand, First was the Chakram, as much of a slicing/slashing weapon it was, holding it most ways could cause risk to cutting the operator. So the conclusion came that it was meant as a throwing melee weapon.

Then came the knife, simple, and lethal at the same time.

Seeing the rest of the group come to a stop, TMK stopped by Astrid as she began explaining the doorways and who they might encounter.

{Sovereigns - Hephaestus - Represented as the God of Fire. Possible one to be the maker of acquired weapons in Ares' domain. Demeter - Goddess of Agricutlure. - Possible experimentation of wildlife and natural organics perceived to be found. Helios - God of the Sun, in similarity to Thanatos, God of Death, Helios is the God of life, but as per Thanatos being a driving power source of the facility, conlcusion comes to weapons of high destructive capability are contained.}

They now found the time to speak up. Putting down the knife, TMK tapped Astrid on the leg to gain her attention.

[I would recommend to enter the domain of Hephaestus first, as we could possibly acquire a larger variety of means of self defense to choose from within. This could give a better chance of survival should we face conflict in the domains of Helios or Demeter.]

Mentions: LadyOfStars LadyOfStars Individual Individual lXlGamemaster lXlGamemaster Beetlebuggo Beetlebuggo

ezgif-1-31f8bb0e97.jpg As the group discussed amongst themselves their next course of action Cephus couldn't help but listen intently to his companions. He had already been impressed by Mitsunaris powerful grasp of magic despite his obvious injuries. He had been instrumental in dispatching the Achilles until one of them had forced them on the run. Ms.Narrésyr's intelligence was apparent in every word she spoke and she seemed to posses a unique perspective on every situation they came across that Cephus would be hard pressed to imitate. These were already special individuals in his eyes, and despite how things had turned out, far better company than anyone he would have commissioned from the Adventurers Guild. Yet, here they were continuing to surprise him with their knowledge and experience.

"Amazing! I hadn't taken you or Mitsunari for scholars of theology. I can only imagine where you picked up the information pertaining to these ancient gods." He addressed Astrid and Mitsunari having over heard the both of them. "While I am young compared to my seniors I'm one of the foremost experts on the Alvian culture, and never before have these god come up." His previous panic at being seemingly trapped was forgotten in lieu of his passions for history. He pulled out a notebook from his travel pack, before pausing as he looked into it realizing something. "We've been down here some time and we haven't eaten! If we end up separated or worse, and we don't have the energy to go on from lack of nutrition..." He blanched at the thought then pulled out various travel foods he had brought for the expedition from fruit, nuts, jerky, and cheese. He detached the large water canteen opened it up and poured some water down his throat before passing it to Mitsunari. "So where did you learn of these old gods? It seems the Alvian who built this place held them in some reverence to use their namesake for his 'Sovereigns'. Hm, the Alvians were known for their pride in their own creations and intellect so maybe 'The Master' as they call him named his 'Sovereigns' after god as an testament to his abilities?" Cephus was both speaking to them and not, throwing ideas and questions out loud while writing intensively in his notebook.

Once the group was finished eating and resting Cephus finally closed his notebook and stored it away. "So, it seems we are trapped within this facility for the time being. And our guide Ouro is both under suspicion and absent. Our only other options appear to be these doors which lead to what we can only assume are other Sovereigns." He rapped his finger upon his knee and pursed his lips. He listed to the round pink thing TMK whos tag along on this expedition still puzzled him. "Your Idea isn't a bad one, but based on what we can assume of these beings and the divinities they allude to I would say we seek out Demeter. She seems like she would be the most docile and potentially willing to help our biggest concern isn't just escape but a lack of understanding, there is a lot about this place we still don't know. And if we remedy that we may not only find a way out but find out the truth of this place. Why it was built, who 'The Master' is, the identity of Hestia, advanced Soul Magic and who knows what else." Cephus found himself growing impassioned again which surprised even him as his fear of death had not waned in the slightest. "Besides Hephaestus' domain may end up being the most dangerous as if it based off a god of craftmanship then the constructs within will no doubt be advanced and numerous, and just two almost killed us." He shuddered at the memory of the Achilles, its blazing eyes seared into his mind. Cephus took a moment to compose himself before looking to the rest of the viewpoint on the matter.

Last edited:
Seikatsu Mitsunari

Mitsunari looked to the rest of the group and then to the doors that stood before them, each one a potential trap. "I learned of the gods during my studies of old magics and such." When Cephus passed around the canteen of water, Mitsunari grimaced behind his bandages and passed it on to the next person right away. He lacked an appetite now that their situation had gone from bad to worse. Now more than ever he wished he had his ogre escorts with him.

He had wanted to leave this accursed facility and never look back, but Cephus mention of soul magic reminded him of why he came to this hole in the ground in the first place. "I will cast my vote for Demeter." The fox declared. He wasn't ready to dive into another fight and lay his life on the line for these strangers. He just hoped that this whole endeavor would be worth his time and suffering.

Individual Individual lXlGamemaster lXlGamemaster Beetlebuggo Beetlebuggo EMIYAman EMIYAman

Lothric

The dragon watched as the human of the group talked and brought out food from his travel bag. Lothric wasn't the kind of dragon that was always starving, but free food was always appreciated. He sat in the circle of people as they shared food and water, and Lothric realized that this was the first time he shared a meal with anyone. Since coming to this world any sentient being was a potential threat, so he kept his distance whenever possible. Here he was presented the opportunity to sit and relax with others with different ideals and goals, and it was a luxury that Lothric didn't want to end. His tail slowly swayed from side to side, but otherwise the dragon remained stoic as usual.

After partaking in some jerky (and the rare commodity that was cheese) Lothric nodded in agreement with the fox man, who Lothric now knew as Mitsunari. "Nature god sounds preferable to the weapon maker and the actual sun." Rising from his lounging position and giving a quick cat-like stretch, the dragon made his way to the door labeled Demeter. If the personality of the chimera and the false god of war were anything to go on, Lothric wasn't looking forward to meeting another false god, but they didn't seem to have any other choice.

Mentions: LadyOfStars LadyOfStars Individual Individual lXlGamemaster lXlGamemaster Beetlebuggo Beetlebuggo Dante Verren Dante Verren

After a brief discussion the eclectic expedition team had managed to reach a consensus. Demeter would be their next Sovereign, and if they could have any say about it their last. Even Cephus who had been so excited for the exploration was wearing thin with brief bursts of passion for his field the only thing keeping him together. Though a lunch surrounded by others was quite morale boosting. He had to stifle a chuckle upon seeing the stoic and threatening dragon eating a whole block of cheese, it was surprisingly cute. "So it seems we have our next move." He looked to the rest of the team nodding his head at them, preparing for whatever strange and otherworldly danger they would encounter next. Together they came upon the door and bring their eyes to it would see the Alvian script rearrange itself into the Ryken Common, whatever Ouro had done within the room was still in effect.

With a start Cephus who surprisingly lead the charge realized he had never opened one of these doors before Ouro had guided them till now. He looked upon the panel contraption next to it. The lights and markins upon it even with his knowledge were unintelligible. The only thing he could recognize upon it were numbers. twenty eight, four thousand nine hundred, and seventy six. What they meant Cephus couldn't hazard to guess, to him they seemed both too specific and random at the same time. Reasoning the most probable answer was probably the right one he placed his hand upon the panel, and after a light went down along the panel and over his hand. The doors opened into a scene he was not expecting.

88f73ac825ae20d10606c9c2176344c1-pbfzo2.jpg

Demeters Great Arboretum: Hercynia

Upon entering the group finds themselves immediately surrounded by a narrow corridor of trees with a bright light illuminating the distance. The door behind them shut and while it maintained its place looking behind them they would be able to notice the door seemed attached to nothing. There was no wall or partition which would prove they had just crossed over from another room in fact they could even circle and go around the door as it merely stood up on its own and seemingly lead back to the Atria. Behind them were trees so dense and numerous that moving through them appeared impossible, the only pathway was forward. Cephus was stunned for seemingly the tenth time in a row, he had readied himself for some grand and incrdibly advanced display of the Alvians capabilities but this was further still beyond his imagining. "I uh... suppose we should head further in?" Together the group traveled forward the light growing brighter and brighter until it washed over them blinding them for but a moment. Opening his eyes Cephus took in the sight before him. "Oh dear..."

3cfb413ef425950e8485e2f5f3fdc125.jpg

Elsewhere...

A drone of The Masters Workshop surveyed the wilderness surrounding the entrance to the facility. Cloaked from sight it appeared the same as the drones which had taken Lothric and collected souls for Thanatos to harvest. Though while it did seem the similar this drone had a different purpose. As it floated along its route a quiet hum being the only trace of its passing it almost ran into a figure. Stopping on a dime and moving out of the way it allowed the figure to pass, but used its sensors to scan it. Everything seemed routine up until it reacted at the presence of "something" it found within the figure. It blinked blue lights seemingly as a signal before launching a beam at the unsuspecting being. The figure would find itself surrounded in a harsh bright light before disappearing from view. Having completed its objective the drone returned to its patrol.

sample-7c98d261547c2537545bd5ff2a309e0d.jpgThe now teleported Gawain found himself accosted by the bright rays of the sun, surrounded by an incredibly lush array of nature and seemingly cradled by soft grass he would look up to notice a person standing over him and looking down upon him. An expression of pure curiosity, and gentleness met his own. "Are you alright, dear unrooted?"

Seikatsu Mitsunari

1656181802814.png
The kitsune grew more and more annoyed with the facility and was eager to be free of the these bothersome entities that called it home. However, his attitude change somewhat when they crossed through the door into the territory of Demeter. The world was vastly different now and seemed to exist outside of the ruin they were just in. "Now this is why I have come here." Mitsunari thought to himself with a small smirk. His knowledge of magic and Arcana lead him to suspect that this place existed perhaps in a pocket dimension, allowing it to be different from the others. Or perhaps this was the true capability of magic when used by experts and masters.

Either way, Mitsunari was reminded once again that he was small, weak, and insignificant compared to a host of other creatures and beings that called this world home. Just standing near Lothric was a constant reminder of all that. The kitsune had a long way to go.

But as they crossed through the blinding light and came to the clearing, he focused his mind once more on the world around him rather than the thoughts in his head. "We are surrounded by life, but not greeted by the master of this domain." His eyes swept over the trees and their large roots, trailing upward to look at the sky. They'd been down here for so long he'd missed the light. "I wonder what we shall learn from this encounter." He said in a sarcastic tone.

[CHR://TMK] - - > [ EMIYAman EMIYAman ] [ Individual Individual ] [ LadyOfStars LadyOfStars ] [ lXlGamemaster lXlGamemaster ] [ Dante Verren Dante Verren ]

1656198915558.png

[4th Wall]

[In Character]
{Notes}
(Thoughts)
----------------------------------------------------------------

The Orb had passed on the water, simply sliding it to the next person after. Upon acquiring a piece of cheese however, TMK grew curious to it's taste and went to bring it to their mouth..

But that's when a mote of Code Essence made contact with the aged milk curd, turning it to a clump of mold. Looking blankly at the now green mossy piece they were about to eat, TMK set it on the floor.

{Code Essence contact with consumable food items causes them to reach expiration state in an accelerated period.}

Anticipating the same would happen to the other items passed to them, TMK stood up and picked up their notebook. The knife was being used as a bookmark for simplicity reasons with carrying as the Chakram hung around the other nubby arm.

Standing next to the Doorway to Demeter's domain, TMK soon followed lastly behind the group, taking in the natural scenery of Hercynia.

The void spawn, having now walked up farther than the group, observed the surrounding nature intensely..

[...]

Gawain
Interaction: EMIYAman EMIYAman
Gawain.jpg

The crunch of the ground and the jingling of his heavy armor was all that the skeleton had heard for quiet sometime. Sure there was the normal sounds of the wilderness further out, but no animals really came anywhere near him. In fact most normal creatures fled at the scent of him. Not that he could blame them. If he was some deer or bird minding his own business, the scent of a skeleton walking towards me would have scared me off as well. It did make him feel slightly lonely. After having departed from his companions he had been alone, for how long exactly he did not know. He found that he missed their company.

A flash of a blue light caught his attention. Swerving to face what ever it was, he raised his shield and placed a hand on his sword. What he saw caused him to hesitate. A metal orb with a light at the front was watching him. It looked almost like a robot. Suddenly a harsh light filled his vision and all around him. He felt strange as if something was wrong. Then his scenery changed. Instead of a normal wooded area he found himself in a strange forest. With his shield still raised he scanned the area around him with his eyeless sockets. It was a thick forest now. It was clear that somehow he had been forcibly brought to a new location. Teleportation most likely.

Gawain had originally come to this area in search of a weapon. Something that he could use in his hunt to stop the undead bastards and prevent another Kanato. His objective had changed slightly after hearing rumors of a an expedition into these ruins. From what bits and pieces of information he could gather with his limited ability, he had gathered these ruins were quite dangerous. The group that was sent to these ruins might have been in trouble, so he would aid them first and find his weapon later.
Finally he noticed the ground under him, comfortable and welcoming rather then hard and resistant like the ground where he had been.

Then his eyes laid upon a strange sight, a woman leaving practically nothing to the imagination except a few vines here and there. It took more willpower then he would ever admit to anyone to look her in the eyes. She had called him something strange. "Confused, but unharmed." He lowered the shield as he spoke. "Forgive me but I do not know the meaning behind the title unrooted. Please call me Gawain." As he introduced himself the knight gave a half bow. While he did not know what exactly was going on, his sense of cuation told him this woman was likely the source. Better to show respect and manners then end up regretting it. "If I may ask, what is your name. If you do not wish to reveal it, then a title perhaps? I would like to have a proper way to pay my respects to my host."

Lothric

The dragon followed as the group opened the metal door into Demeter's domain. The doors opened to reveal a lush jungle unlike anything Lothric had seen before. So much life was crammed into every nook and corner of the forest, and he couldn't help but run his claws through the unruly grass patches. "We must have found the door to the courtyard." Turning to look at the castle he was shocked to find the door clinging to empty space, as though the castle itself didn't exist at all. "The..... back door... to the courtyard."

Walking into the jungle path Lothric couldn't help but climb on a few trees here and there along their way. Something about prowling around like a forest predator filled the dragon with a sense of power, regardless of how silly he must have looked while doing it. His ability to sense the death of things was going off like crazy as he could sense everything around him. The forest was in a perfect cycle of death and rebirth. "Whoever keeps this courtyard must be getting paid handsomely..."

13(G1)

Mentions: Dante Verren Dante Verren

sample-7c98d261547c2537545bd5ff2a309e0d.jpg The woman gazed at Gawain with bright eyes, tilting her head as she considered him. She stepped closer to him and where her foot fell the land around it grew just a bit more vibrant and the plants seemed to stretch so as to meet her presence. The woman grew close to him looking into the empty pits and bone which had once held life. Her hands reached up and her fingers gently placed themselves upon his cheek bones. Upon her touch Gawain would feel a strange yet familiar energy fill him invigorating him. He would identify it as the warmth he had lost, that which he had once possessed in his previous life. She seemed to scrutinize him looking upon Gawain with both pity and curiosity. "You are so cold, never before has life felt so distant to me." Then her eyes lit up in a simple expression of content. "Ah, but your light is dazzling. It reminds me of that which nurtured us in the past." Seemingly growing more aware of herself she breaks out of her slight melancholy.

"Apologies, it has been long since I met an Unrooted. I've been told your kind do not like being touched." She backs away, her lips parting and her eyes widening slightly for a moment. "Oh right! The Master would chastise me for my rudeness." She placed a hand to her chest and offered a kindly smile. "I am Demeter granted both my name and my title as the 'Sovereign of Nature' by The Master. It is a pleasure to meet you, dear Unrooted Gawain." With introductions done she told him in a tone one might inform a child who asks an obvious question. "You are the Unrooted, and we..." She gestured to the nature which surrounded her from the plants, flowers, grass and all kinds of fauna. "are the Rooted." Gawain now more aware of his surroundings would find himself noticing he was under a great tree.

tree_of_life_by_lordeeas_d3i1jja-fullview.jpg

And the canopy which surrounded the outskirts of that tree and seemed to stretch on to infinity opened up before it. Revealing the sky above. And hanging in the sky was not the great ball of flame which brightened up the world, but an orb black which still somehow seemed to emit light despite its darkness.

04597d381fca7edf431a5aac41f80101.jpg

Gawain
Gawain.jpg

He watched her curiously as she stepped closer to him. Gawain did not sense any hostility and the sight of nature flourishing with each step was honestly kind of entrancing. It would not be far to say that this might have been one of the most beautiful things he had seen, certainty the most since he had arrived in this world. This combination of beauty/lack of hostility meant that he did not take any action as she reached out towards him. Instead he stayed silent and still. Locking his own gaze with hers. Surprisingly he didn't even feel any annoyance when he saw the pity in her eyes. He did not think he was worth any pity, but he would not vocalize this particular thought.

A strange warmth ran across his body and sunk into his bones. It caught him off guard and his jaw opened slightly in a silent gasp. It was a reminder, as specter of a feeling that he had when he was alive. He didn't realize how much had missed that warmth until now. The more she spoke the more confused that Gawain became. He wasn't sure about anything she said. Really the only thing his mind could latch onto was he name and title. Demeter Sovereign of Nature. Wasn't that Greek? Did this world have Greek gods as well, or had he been dragged back into an ancient version of his own worlds time? Now the skeleton was even more confused.

As Demeter pulled her hand away, Gawain almost instinctively reached up to his own cheek with his free hand and felt nothing but the cold bone. Well that and disappointment. He shook his head, 'You have nothing to apologize for. I am... different from other Unrooted. I don't mind the touch of another being. Particularly when they are so dazzling." As he spoke he looked up and saw the great tree spreading out before him. If he needed to breath, he was sure the air would have caught in his throat for a moment. It was a truly glorious sight. Somehow it even made the giant hole in the sky look a little less concerning. only a little though.

Tearing his gaze from the sky and tree he looked back at Demeter. "Lady Demeter, where am I? Are you the one who brought me here? If so why did you? I apologize for the many questions, but getting teleported to new places is something I am still getting use to."

14/(G2)

Mentions: Dante Verren Dante Verren Beetlebuggo Beetlebuggo Individual Individual LadyOfStars LadyOfStars lXlGamemaster lXlGamemaster

sample-7c98d261547c2537545bd5ff2a309e0d.jpg Demeter lit up with joy bringing her hands together and smiling. "How wonderful! I am so used to touching my children you see so its hard to break the habit. I am overjoyed to know I have brought you no offense." And just as she said she appeared genuinely and purely happy. She was quite frank and appeared to possess no inclination to hide her emotions. Demeter seemed both mature and childish in her mannerisms. "Thank you for your kind words dear Unrooted. You are a good person, I can feel it. As to where we are however..." She once again stepped into his personal space, then looked to the ground while tapping her foot. There was silence for a time then a rumble and Gawain found the place where they were standing rapidly rising into the air. A trunk was growing directly from the ground and pushing them up on a platform.

They went high until they were above the canopy of trees. Until Gawain could see the sky stretched out before him. Demeter pointed to a point in the distance seemingly unimportant until you looked closely, and saw that it looked as if there were clear holes in the sky. But looking closer still revealed they weren't holes they were glass, they were windows in which to look into the place they were in. Demeter spoke aloud as they regarded the far off windows through which bits of machinery could be made out. "This is The Masters Grand Arboretum, and my domain. Hercynia. That is, what he told me..." Her expression became complicated but melancholy was evident upon it. They then began to descend back down, but right before they did Gawain would notice a spot in the distance where the trees seemed darker and almost foreboding in appearance.

Once they reached the ground the trunk vanished into the earth. "I do not know who or what brought you here, all I know is this forest. What goes on outside it, is outside the reach of my roots. I can promise you that it was not me that brought you here, but occasionally The Masters cold creations come here to collect portions of my Rooted. One of them may have brought you here." Demeter appeared unsure and genuinely sorry for his predicament. Until a sound reminiscent of wind chimes and chittering could be heard from the the great tree. Demeter seemed to physically brighten. She grabbed Gawain's arm with her hands. "I beg of you accompany me. You must meet my children they are a rather curious sort I'm sure they'd love to meet you." As she brought him below the boughs of the great tree. Small figures started to make themselves known peeking out from the branches and leaves.

evaty-yu-cwxtgkqm8awg7crqe8wyvrkgnwgb3vha-03new10.jpgtumblr_o4hy5dznt11tlnbd8o1_540.pngevaty-yu-chinese-fairy-by-evaty-dbl58yk.jpg

Fairies dozens upon dozens of them flitted down and around the pair. Each were unique with some resembling insects while others seemed almost made of leaves themselves. They moved in various patterns with some getting close and seemed to be boldest, while others hung back or clung to Demeter while gazing at the skeleton. "No need to be afraid children, this is Unrooted Gawain his touch is cold but his song is warm." Demeter's words seemed to assuage most of their fears. In the midst of her children she seemed to be radiant in her happiness.

"Mother, you are far too trusting."
"Unrooted are dangerous y'know~?"

Two new voices made themselves known. One subdued and soft yet cold like ice. While the other was energetic and loud, but possessed an undercurrent of danger. Two other fairies descended not from the tree but emerged from the shade of the forest. Both wielding spears made from strange looking bark; they both stood at a bit less than five feet. Towering over their sisters but still noticeably smaller than Gawain.

ECDqy4BUcAEwMmA.jpggoyo-200818-16.jpg

The two fairies quite distinct from one another approached from the forest. Their spears covered in the blood and innards of some creature. The green one glared at Gawain with obvious distrust. While the one in orange shot him a mischievous smirk and gripped her spear tighter. "Chartres, Chartí! I am so happy to see you two today. I hope you didn't get into too much danger while you were gone." Demeter had a smile on her face but it was undercut by a worried look. She walked up to the two fairies fretting over them and checking for wounds. Which the fairies acquiesced to with obvious blushes on their face, embarrassed at their mothers worry over them. Once she was satisfied there were no risks to their health Demeter's face became stern. "Unrooted Gawain is a guest and has only been polite to your mother, besides this poor Unrooted came upon our forest by accident, he is at no fault." The two who had appeared with such hostility were quickly admonished and reduced to scolded children in Demeters presence.

"B-but mother..."
"That Unrooted looks similar to the dead creatures that come from the Dark Forest. He's too dangerous to be allowed to stay here."

The orange fairy Chartres was more reluctant to speak up, but Chartí was far more bold in her words. Even if a glare from Demeter was enough to shut her up. "No buts! Our situation with The Dark Forest has nothing to do with this Unrooted man." She turned to Gawain. "I apologize for my children they are very protective of me, I am their mother and home after all." She had a look one face which seemed to say "what can you do?" speaking of the fairies as if they were particularly delinquent kids.

Elsewhere...

ClWANf.jpg

Cephus walked through a patch of bushes finding his leg nicked by thorns. "Dammit..." There journey through the forest had started off well enough but soon they found themselves well and truly lost it was a wonder they had all managed to stay together. To ensure to himself this remained true Cephus turned around to his compatriots and found that while tired they were all accounted for. He still couldn't guess as to how they ended up in this situation. They hand only wandered for a few minutes at most before the forest grew dark suddenly and when they tried to double back it had only gotten worse. Now it had been over two hours and it seemed they would be trapped in the forest at this rate. He callout to the rest of the group "Hey, uh, Lothric buddy don't suspect you can smell us a way out can you?" When they had entered the other domains save Thanatos they had been met with the Sovereign and if nothing else they saw the "hand" of Thanatos at least. But, neither of those had been this expansive and bizarre. In all this time they hadn't seen hide nor hair of anyone that could be Demeter. He once again looked behind him to gauge how Mitsunari was holding up. The Fox Man was intelligent and a powerful mage, but he had been injured long before they came here and further still while they had been exploring. Its felt like this place had it out for him in particular at times. "Alright guys, we aren't getting anywhere at this rate lets just pack up and try again in the morning." Left unsaid was if morning ever came. Cephus wasn't sure if by the time they woke up their would be any light. He stopped on the spot and finding a spot with less foliage started took off his pack and started to set up camp. Unfortunately he didn't have any tents but he did bring blankets though not nearly enough or big enough to cover everyone. He eyed Lothric.

Some time later the group was situated waiting out the clock and gaining some of their energy back. Cephus was well on his way to dozing off. When a laugh like the ringing of bells echoes out around them. Immediately rousing from his drowsiness Cephus sprung to his feet, the general craziness of this place has since trained him to be alert. He swept his gaze from side to side but it was too dark to note anything. He stayed quiet but tapped who he could awake if they were asleep but kept quiet so as not alert whatever was out there.

"Hmph, you foolish Unrooted run around the place every which way with out any consideration for others don't you?"

Realizing where the sound was coming from Cephus and the group would cast their gaze above them. And locking eyes with a fairy about four feet or more in height floating above and looking down upon them a smirk upon her face.

"Salutations, Unrooted. I am Demeter Sovereign of Nature, the one whos domain you've been traipsing about in a desultory fashion. I couldn't suffer your display much longer so I've decided to aid you, how grateful you all must be."

Efxx0-_U8AIp4mS.png

Last edited:
Lothric

While prowling around the forest was fun at first once the light disappeared and everything became harder to navigate Lothric stayed with the rest of the group. It was hard to imagine at first how the light could go so suddenly for such a vast area, but then he remembered that they were technically still inside the insane castle, and everything made sense again. In the darkness it was hard to see too far ahead of everyone, but it was especially hard for anyone else to see Lothric. After getting stepped on too many times he began using the crystal on his forehead to spark just so others could tell where he was.

Of the group he was genuinely surprised that the human Cephus had taken the lead in the trek through the forest. He was a studious being without anything to protect himself, yet here he was leading the charge in front of the dragon. He then saw the human trip unceremoniously on a thorn branch and though 'Well, he may not be graceful, but he's got guts.' The human turned to Lothric and asked if he could smell their way out and wondered if he was genuinely joking. The dragon hadn't used his nose for hunting yet, so he was finding new smells all the time, but he couldn't even begin to think of how using your nose could find your way out of some sort of maze. Lothric remained silent, hoping that would suffice for an answer.

After walking for what seemed like ages they decided to come to a rest stop. The human once again showed his resourcefulness by providing blankets, to whatever that counted for, considering they weren't big enough for everyone and some had to share. Cephus looked to the dragon and he shook his head. "You needn't worry about me. I've gotten used to sleeping on the ground at this point." It definitely wasn't a false statement, as ever since he was exiled from godhood most of his time was spent sleeping on the forest floor. He had always wanted to find a cave and settle somewhere, but he could never seem to find any landmarks big enough (which didn't bode well for their current venture).

main-qimg-8251e956287dd6feca6bb228525c6d16-lq
Part of Lothric wanted to stay up for a while to see if anything would investigate the camp site, but seeing there hadn't been a single sign of life bigger than an insect all day he decided against it. As his head touched the cold ground he almost immediately fell asleep. He didn't know if it was the work of the talk of gods or if he legit got a vision of his past life, but in his dream he awoke and found himself in the cosmic sea of the astral plane, still in his mortal form, looking up at the gods that he had betrayed. They all looked down at him with glowing eyes, but being mortal he couldn't tell what they were thinking or what their gazes met. He looked to the one who had interacted with him the most and felt sorrow in his chest. He had been so selfish as a god, not seeing the potential friendship that he could have had, but in the end the decision to kick him from the pantheon was a unanimous vote, including his would-be friend. Lothric curled into a ball and wept.

Lothric was awakened and confused at first at the total darkness he found himself in. He then remembered that he wasn't in the astral sea any more, but he still had to wipe the tears from his face before anyone could see. He wondered why the human shook them awake but was met with his answer in the form of a small humanoid flying above them. The figure was something the dragon had never seen before: a being with the body of a human but wings of an insect (perhaps a moth?). While he had to use his leathery wings to keep him afloat, the being above them hardly had to use her wings; instead they seemed to flow around her like some sort of royal gown. The being introduced herself as Demeter and Lothric one hundred percent believed her. Perhaps it was because she had a physical form (unlike the false god) or perhaps it was because she was a god of something other than war (like the false god). The dragon looked up and waited for Demeter to follow up on her words.

Man, f*ck the false god! All my homies hate the false god!

Seikatsu Mitsunari

The time they spent trekking through the forest was not wasted on, Mitsunari, as his body felt the exhaustion and the strain as he forced it to carry on and keep pace with the group. Although the wounded fox trailed behind, he did his best to stay within visual range of the others. His breathing was labored and his walking was just as sloppy. Every tree became a crutch, every root and rock was a step he struggled to overcome. The only time he'd felt worse than this was when he gained these injuries. It was getting to the point where the pain would be too much for him, but thankfully their guide chose to call for a break. He had never been so grateful to hear that weak, little man speak and as the others got settled, Mitsunari found himself a nice shadow to hide in.

He leaned back against the tree with a low hiss escaping his lips as his skin pressed against the bark. "Damn this place...damn these people....damn this world." The fox groaned. Slowly his bandages came unraveled as he himself got settled in for the night. This was the first time in a long time that he would be sleeping outside.

As his body relaxed and his mind drifted off to dreamland, Mitsunari found himself drifting through old memories. His past life was full of unhappiness as he was forced to take care of his sickly older brother. He had been miserable for so long and when he escaped to this world he still had a difficult time. Recalling his first uses of magic, his dreams reminded him of how foolish he had been to assume a few spells made him a threat to be feared rather than just a fox with magic. As the nightmares raged on, Mitsunari became restless, tossing and turning in his sleep. From the Mountain Goddess to the false gods in this facility, everyone had proven him wrong and worked to destroy his ego. In truth he was now just like his brother whom he had grown to resent and even despise.

Just when the nightmares seemed like they would get worse, Mitsunari was awoken by an annoying ringing sound. He jumped up, waking from his horrors and glanced around the tree to see what had happened. His eyes settled upon the flying figure and right away he felt angered by her tone and choice of words. But he already proven his lack of power and endured enough pain in this place. "We need to find a way out of here." Mitsunari declared for the woman to here as he rose from his seat behind the tree and stepped out into the pale moon light without his bandages.

EMIYAman EMIYAman

Gawain
Gawain.jpg

Demeter's response and attitude was something that Gawain couldn't help but finding amusing, so much so that he was even smiling. Smiling on the inside of course. Not having cheek muscles or facial structure made it impossible to actually physically smile. For probably the first time since arriving in this world the skeleton felt a little relaxed. It was like a weight had temporarily been lifted off his shoulders. It was a good feeling. He did not want to spoil that feeling, so even when the sovereign called him a good person, a statement which he would usually refute, he just nodded in thanks. He could allow himself this moment of respite before things returned to their normal gloom.

Her relief in the fact that he did not mind contact meant that Gawain did not question when she stepped in close once more into his personal space. Before he could even muster up the willpower he knew he would need he was moving. The ground under him rumbled and he looked down to see it move. All at once the air started rushing past him as the two of them were shot upwards. His free hand shot out wards to grab on some kind of branch or something like that to steady himself so he did not fall. He could not allow the embarrassing scene to happen at this moment. Up and up they rose until they were even above the tree itself.

He stared his eyeless sockets straight at the the holes he thought were meant to be in place of a sun. Finally he realized it was glass. Abortorium so his was manmade. Even with that realization he still could not hold back. "It is quite a beautiful sight. Your master must be quite the visionary to have been able to make this." As he finished speaking the tree began to shrink, returning his hand to the previous branch for support as they were transported to the ground. Admittedly he was not sure what disappointed him more, the fact tha the had not been summoned by his kind host or the fact that he was likely just grabbed by chance. He was snapped out of his thoughts by Demeter's next expression. "Your children?" He asked aloud, what exactly were these children? Considering this sovereign it could easily have been actual creatures or some kind of plants. Either way he would soon find out.

The answer was Fairies, and quite a few of them. Some were bold and drew close to him, while others tucked themselves away behind their mother. He happily accepted his fate and allowed himself to be dragged along to meet them. Surprisingly he found hostility from only two of them Both were much larger then their Kin yet still smaller then he was. Not wanting to be rude he waited for the small family back and forth to come to and end before speaking. "It is alright lady Demeter. Distrust of... my kind is warranted." A disgusted feeling ran through the back of his mind as memories of a certain necromancer's lair returned. He turned his attention form Demeter to the two warriors. "Lady Chartres and Lady Charti. I mean neither your mother nor your family any harm. I was merely looking for something nearby when a strange blue light shined and I found myself standing before your mother. " Reaching down to his waist he began to undue the scabbard of his sword. Gently he laid the still sheathed weapon on the ground, taking care to avoid any flowers or plants that weren't standard grass.

Standing back up he looked back at the two fairies again and gestured towards the blade. "As a token of my good faith I shall not be armed for as long as I am in Lady Demeter's presence. I only ask that my weapon be returned to me when I depart. " He took a step back from the weapon to show his sincerity of his offer. "If I might ask, what is that Dark forest? Even if I was brought here by chance their still might be away to repay the warm welcome and do a bit of good while I am here."

Astrid Narrésyr

Astrid_small.jpg

The night was a suffocating mess of humidity and uncomfortable warmth. The stalwart trees sang songs of rustling and chirping under cover of the night, their symphony a soothing lullaby to some, but a cacophony to Astrid. Her Elf ears were sensitive to even the faintest gush of wind, and she did not share the same appreciation for the music of the forest as her brethren did. For her, the methodical revving of engines, and the occasional chatter from those tipsy from alcohol, had been the sweet rhythm that accompanied her into dreams of a past long gone; but even that too had been stripped away.

Vexed by her unnoticed plight, the elf spent the night grooming her soft locks of silvery-gray hair and reflecting on the recent collection of sequences that had led to their stay in this accursed place. Though she had vouched to dive into the abode belonging to the fertility Goddess, a cavernous conservatory of this scale had been a most unpleasant surprise. For what purpose would such an enclosure have? Surely it was not a shoddy reflection of the “Master”’s need to flaunt his technological expertise or a need for validation from his or her compatriots. No. No. If Astrid were to take a bite out of this mystery, her guess would be that it was an “Ark”. An Ark that held an abundance of flora and fauna to preserve their livelihood, whether it be for the examination of otherworldly spawns, or as a requiem towards those whose flame of existence was close to being snuffed out.

By now, it was most plausible to the meticulous elf that the one who had constructed this architectural chimera had a life beyond this plane of reality. In fact, his or her previous existence bore an uncanny similarity to her own; and perhaps they had even been living under the same blue sky. This stance would explain their seclusion from others of their species, and the Artificial Constructs of Greek Gods that would have no say in the governing of this realm. Perhaps there were more secrets to uncover, more pieces yet untouched by her defiled hands. The puzzle sat face up for all to see, but its yet incomplete state had roused Astrid’s exasperation at the dreadfully dull speed of its construction. As much as she wished to jump to the play’s grandiose denouement, she had to resist the whispering urge to do so. A detective that jumps at the sight of an obvious conclusion, would be no better than the culprit themselves.

In her frivolous wanderings of the mind, Astrid would be roused by a disturbance in the woods. A fluttering of wings and a grating noise for a voice. Due to her sensitive ears, she had made herself aware of this critter’s presence, but it wasn’t until its infuriating guffawing did Astrid push herself upright with a miffed yawn. The being was an unimpressive little thing, bearing a stark resemblance to a contemporary moth aside from its human-like features. Its mere visage alone was enough for the elf to identify it as a form of a fairy; with its small stature evoking homicidal feelings aggravated deep in her psyche. If it were any smaller, Astrid doubted she could resist the urge to pluck those tiny excuses for wings or dive into her sacred knowledge of asphyxiation. Such unruly emotions were quick to course through her neurons, but they were overturned just as quickly by a freezing hailstorm of apprehensiveness as the critter introduced itself.

“The Goddess of Fertility, the one said to hold dominion over the livelihood of the Earth itself and bends the flow of agricultural wealth to one’s desire. She had been painted as a flower in full bloom, blessed with the temperament of the cool winds of spring and a mother to all that gazed upon her. Kind as she was reknowned to be, a god is still a god, and it is alarming to me that someone possessing the same quintessence as the mighty God of War would don such a diffidant visage.”

Astrid was exhausted. The patience to entertain veils of pleasantries from molded constructs plagued by god complexes by someone’s grand design had worn thin, not to mention her lack of sleep. She was normally chary with presenting her frame of mind in such a desensitized fashion, but the elf would prefer to poke holes in a fabricated story when given the chance. It was unlike her to base an accusation, however indirect it might be, over an unproven hypothesis; but her ever-growing eagerness to rid herself of this dark forest prompted a drastic response from someone who had prided herself in her own scrupulous vigilance. Astrid placed her trust in the accuracy of Ares’ persona and Thanatos’ lack of, bringing her suspicions to the forefront for all to see. After all, she was confident that Ouro had exercised a degree of furtive subterfuge and she was not about to stay silent when presented with another instance of suspected trickery.

[File://- TMK.CHR] - - > [File:// ASTRID.CHR | Individual Individual ] [USR:// EMIYAman EMIYAman ] [File://- LOTHRIC.CHR | lXlGamemaster lXlGamemaster ] [File://- MITSUNARI.CHR | LadyOfStars LadyOfStars ]
1656429423415.png

[4th Wall]

[In Character]
(Thoughts)
{Notes}
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
TMK had moved up next to Lothric in the midst of the new travels, and while their movements were beginning to display sluggishness, the pink Orb's face remained how it's always been. Their focus on following the leader was taken out however as Cephus stopped the group for a break.

Taking this time to sit down, the codeforged examined the surrounding nature again, which had grown darker as time passed by in their travels.

That’s when a new voice made itself known, and as such they looked up to see a fairy above the group.

Seeing as she introduced herself as Demeter, TMK just stared, those blank ovals hiding suspicion due to her demeanor being not that of which Astrid described..

(New feeling detected; Suspicion.)

[We thank you for your navigational assistance, Sovereign Demeter. But I must ask, will this guidance require a payment of some kind?]

A nearby leaf that fell from one of the trees made contact with the code essence, wilting into a dead piece of nature as it continued its descent to the ground.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back