• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Graded [Ryken City] Debtor Collector

Shatter Shard

The Foolish Hypocrite of Irony
Roleplay Type(s)

Isekai Hell
"The definitive anime isekai / medieval fantasy adventure experience."

This roleplay is part of the Isekai Hell Group. You can learn more about it by going to the links above.

Debtor Collector

Action / Adventure RP

About:
Cleo has been tipped off by one of the merchants that there have been some "illegal" activities at an unsupervised part of Ryken, as a repayment of favor for that one time at Linneus' Party. Now he plans to free them himself with the help of hired arms, namely adventurers and mercenaries. However, his intention is simply to take them to his side and become their employer. Under his management, they will be illegal no more.

Goal:
Rescue the "Unpaid Interns" and turn over to Cleo's side and assimilate to his workforce. They're moving over to a new company, but with better treatment and tangible payment this time.

Situation Level
Calm

-Ryke-
Ryken, Slums

Sunny and Warm
Late Morning

Code by: Shatter Shard

There has been a request from the Adventurer's Guild, from a certain man named Cleo Rom. A vague request to "liberate" people under "unfair" supervision, and although it is quite suspicious on many accounts, the guild would not accept anything from blacklisted names. Besides, the request offers quite the generous sum, and even promises to reward equipment. The same went for mercenaries who saw his request; free the people, be given money and equipment in return. All those who would accept would be given instructions to find Cleo, prepare anything they need, and meet him at a rendezvous point.

That meeting spot was an inconspicuous building wedge against others, in the slums of the city. A small area of Ryken has been left to its own devices a long time ago, unmanaged by anyone but the city's underground and criminal organizations. It was the perfect place to commit crimes without eyes from the officials. Along the way to the meeting spot, you were met with a few homeless and shady people, but none actually dared to try anything on you. You follow the instructions, and you are met with a well-armored guard, different from the city guard many are used to seeing in Ryken. This one is a private guard, with sky blue clothes draped over their armor, and an emblem of a writing quill printed on their right chest. On their person were a sword safely sheathed on their hip, and a shield buckled on their back. As they noticed you, they acknowledge whatever evidence you gave them about your intention of accepting Cleo's request, and let you in.

There, at the center of the room was Cleo, reading whatever paper was on his hand, and greeted you with a nod and a smile. He wore an outfit that had leather cover critical parts of his body, yet was artistically done in a way that it did not diminish the outfit's stylish appearance. On his right chest was the emblem of a writing quill, the same as those on the guards. He offered you a seat to one of the empty chairs in the building, and that's when you noticed the normal state of the building. Although it definitely looked fitting for a place built in the slums, the interior was clean, and the furniture were intact. One can presume that the place was cleaned before your arrival. Spread around the room were 3 similar looking Blue Quill Guards, and one was standing beside Cleo.

Once the lot of you had gathered, Cleo clears his throat and faces you all.

Mentions: Shatter Shard Shatter Shard

Cleo Rom
"Blue Quill Merchant"

Strength
Precision
Intelligence
Vitality
Speed

{ F }
{ D }
{ A }
{ E }
{ F }

D

Active Titles:
Human | Trader | Merchant | Stouthearted | Closer

-Ryke-
Ryken, Slums

"Welcome to all that responded to my request." Cleo started. "My name is Cleo Rom, merchant and the Head of the Blue Quill Company. Nice to meet you all." He gestured with the common greeting of Ryke. "I'm sure you all came in without knowing the whole picture, and so now, I shall inform you on your duties."

Cleo began to explain with a straight back. There have been activities of "illegal workers" in an abandoned building deep in the slums. Due to the lack of supervision, it was easy for people to smuggle something around these parts. There has been information about the mistreated workers in the slums, believed to be working inside the aforementioned building quite a distance away from where the group were. The weird thing is that the workers that entered the building never went out since then. There were also a few sightings of armed men going in and out, believed to be the men that keeps the workers in check. That's where the adventurers and mercenaries come in. As Cleo is not well-versed in combat and physical confrontations, he would like to delegate the task of liberation to the more accustomed adventurers and mercenaries. He shall accompany the group, however, as the adventurer's "proof of innocence" should things go south and swore by his name to claim responsibility for any mishaps brought upon by his decisions.

"Time is of the essence. We should strike as soon as we can." Cleo informed the group. "This illegal operation has only recently started. It means they're still preparing to launch whatever they're doing in there." He explained, pausing to sweep his gaze to everyone. "That means losses for whoever is running this would be on the minimum, and they wouldn't put a big deal on losing this part of their operations." Cleo paused, and continued. "That also means resistance would be lesser than it would be when it's a full operation." Cleo nodded his head as if affirming his own words. "A perfect time to enact a rescue, isn't it?" Cleo spoke with a smile. "As for the nature of the mastermind, it's confidential. The same as why I did not delegate this matter to the City Guard." He answered. "Though, the smart ones should be able to figure the situation out." He smiled vaguely and swept his gaze over the people. "Please understand this is not a sort of righteous movement." He flipped a coin on his finger and showed it to the others. "You are all hired under my name, and all of this is strictly business. My words are orders all of you should follow. Compliance as well as accomplishments shall be rewarded handsomely." He pocketed the coin and paced. "As such, please remove any notions of 'justice' or whatnot. We are here to rescue, yes, but that is it." There was a moment of pause, before Cleo spoke once again. "With that said, any questions?" Ending it with a smile, Cleo waited for any responses. As he does so, he activates his ability as he watched the others (Eye of Midas).

-- Grade F -- [On Cooldown] 0/0

[CD | 0 Post] Eye of Midas | Business F, Perception F, Insight F, Appraisal F | Cleo can see the approximation of the value of objects that he sees, as well as the relative value of a person in terms of usefulness and compatibility, especially on the basis of the Golden Rule. For objects, he sees a white glow that changes in intensity proportional to its value. For people, he can see a variety of colors (and he doesn't know the meaning of all the colors) with the intensity increasing proportional to the basis of the Golden Rule.

Last edited:
Ambrose

1667673210948.png

A job. It had been weeks...or maybe months since Ambrose had a legitimate source of income to put food in his belly or a warm roof over his head. But with the gig taking place in the slums he doubted the morality of the job, not that it really mattered. He would prefer something legal, but at the end of the day he needed to eat and this was his meal ticket. It was kind of ironic that the job would be here of all places. Ambrose was no stranger to the slums and in fact spent many months calling this place home when there was nowhere else he could go or when he needed to escape the righteous eyes of Ryken. As his heavy leather boots stomped through the filthy streets. Mud and only the gods know what else splashed with every step that he took, while the beggars eyed him. They were too familiar with his face and he too familiar with their position in life for them to even think about asking him for charity. He saw a few faces that he recognized and some some that he had known were not present on the street. He immediately feared the worst for them.

But he wasn't here for a social visit and as the shining armor came into view, he was reminded of that. This had to be the place which meant that their employer was not some lowlife from the gutter. As he approached the guards Ambrose let out a high pitched whistle that would make their suits tremble. "I'm here for the party." He joked while his right hand scratched at his beard. After getting serious and proving his intentions he was permitted to enter the building and was surprised at the state of it. He had seen this place many times before and it never looked like this inside.

Right away he noticed the finely dressed man at the center of the room and then the rest of the guards stationed around the room. This definitely wasn't some lowlife. "Vulture." He announced as he moved to take his seat. He listened as the man spoke, but found himself becoming more and more confused. This was a rescue but it wasn't about justice and this guy wasn't some bottom feeder who was trying to take over the slums, so what was his goal here. "Once we rescue these people...then what?" As he spoke, Cleo would see that Ambrose had a faint glow around him; one that was grey and dingy, but still held the smallest bit of light at its core. "Release them back into the streets to become victims again?" Studying and working under mages and the academy didn't dull Ambrose's senses, he knew the way the streets worked and if they helped these people they would be victims again at another time.

Shatter Shard Shatter Shard TheSimianMind TheSimianMind

Elecal, The cursed Priest
Action: Attending the meeting and waiting for the answer of Vultures Question.

It was of common practice for some of religious fate to bestow aid on those less fortunate, It was a practice Eleca knew well. But on this day, the red and white garbed priests came not for such, but something of more serious matter. She saw the rather suspicious request and, it would be one that her hands would not touch in normal circumstances, the thought of "saving" those under such unfairness was one her thoughts had lean to. But the reality of the matter is, even with such "Good" Intention, this was a job at is core and her belief or opinions should not be in the way. This "quest" was taken for the thought of aiding, but as well, personal enquiry she rather keep shut. Walking down the Alleys and muddy paths of the slums, Eleca has decided not to reveal much of the bright white and red garments, a black cloak covered her body and its hood thrown over her head. This was supposed to be rather a silent and secret meeting in aspects, getting people's attention would be against that. Head held low and black sandals softly crushing the mud, her eyes drifted towards the beggars and sick on the side who seem to lay eyes but not speak to her, and it was best. Ignoring their looks, the priest only following instruction towards the location. Reaching the destination, a guard glad in armor stood at the side, this was it. Walking towards the guard, showing a small paper, evident of the "Quest" she accepted.

Once being let inside, there were already two people here: two men, one was clearly who posted the request, the other she presume was an atendy. Sitting upon one of the spaces and pulling her hood off revealing who she was as the man, Cleo, Said his welcomes "Elecal, it's a Pleasure". After the Brief introduction and soon followed by the details, slowly she understood what was the situation and being pointed out the exact sentiments she had in mind: This is a job, not some hero work of justice. The priest was much aware and made sure to leave those thoughts behind.

Soon as the briefing has ended, the man to the side who named himself as Vulture spoke, Of how once rescued, what would happen next? They had a point and it was one that Elecal was appreciative for. "I share the same sentiment, what would be done after?" . As she asked, Cleo would see the priests give off a dim dark yellow glow, rather erratic and seeming to conflict if either a bright or dark yellow.

Shatter Shard Shatter Shard LadyOfStars LadyOfStars

Cleo Rom
"Blue Quill Merchant"

Strength
Precision
Intelligence
Vitality
Speed

{ F }
{ D }
{ A }
{ E }
{ F }

D

Active Titles:

-Ryke-
Ryken, Slums

Cleo smiled at all the people that asked about the aftermath. "As you know, I am a merchant." He began. "Although this is a rescue, I will not lie by saying that this is a... change of hand of sorts." He tapped at a nearby table before continuing. "These people, they will need work to continue to live." Cleo held a hand against his chest. "I will grant that opportunity. Better pay, better work..." Cleo nodded. "...and most of all, better life." Cleo shook his head. "Rest assured. You all are also my cards of innocence." He stated. "Calling upon your help would be counter intuitive if I wanted a more malicious process." He nodded his head. "I'm a merchant. To put them back in this terrible of a place wouldn't benefit me, or them."

Cleo pondered about the auras the people of the room currently exuded.

Ambrose, who called himself Vulture, has an aura that seemed very... muddied. The speck of light within all that grey could mean something, but Cleo wasn't sure on what it meant. The other one, Elecal, invoked a sense of dread on him. He didn't know why, but he had to trust that her priestly attire meant something good. The view today wasn't promising, to say the least, but Cleo wasn't one to judge on mere aura alone. And so he kept his musings to himself.

As he observed them, Cleo was amused by the difference in attitude between the two. One seemed like a man that just came from an uninteresting life and so was uninterested in most things, while the other seemed like a woman who took things seriously judging from that gaze of hers. Cleo didn't know what to make of it, other from the fact that these people were discordant in nature. Mayhap these two would provide ample help, or maybe the opposite would happen. Who knows? Regardless, Cleo was willing to trust their capabilities, if at least with the bare minimum of trust.

But Cleo was happy about one thing: the hearts of these people were on the right path. The fact that they asked such a thing in the first place meant they had a sense of responsibility and consequence. Their apparent concern for the workers were favored by his own morals. The others would feel that Cleo's gaze upon them had become significantly brighter than it was before.

"Well, is there anything else? If not, then I would like for us to continue. There are two more people I'd like to introduce later."

Available​

Ambrose

1668188135211.png
Ambrose wasn't exactly clear on what the man was saying would happen with the rescued people, but it did sound like it was something good. They'd be given better jobs and therefore a better life by extension. But that all remained to be seen. Lies were easy to tell after all. Either way he was here to stay, especially now that the man's stare had eased up on them. The woman who had entered after him seemed to be a priestess of some sort and Ambrose was thoroughly surprised buy her presence. "I think this'll be the first time I see a church actually doing something to help the people." The street rat mocked with a smirk on his face to show he was harmlessly poking fun at the woman.

He then turned his attention back to the fancy man and gave a light hearted shrug of his shoulders. "I just want to know how much we'll get paid. And what if the mission fails?" A merchant wouldn't understand the struggles of poverty, especially not like Ambrose did as he was still currently living that life. So he wanted to know if they could still get paid if the mission failed.

Shatter Shard Shatter Shard Yonsisac Yonsisac

Action: Attending the meeting
The priests eye's narrowed, thinking, as she heard what would happen after the rescue. The man was going to rescue them, in some form of that aspect, with a better life. Work is work and living a life without it was impossible, unless one was of royalty or of nefarious means. And a better life, unlike staying in this mud pit, would be better in all there ways and one that was a better outcome. With a nod, Acknowledging the after if this would succeed, is positive, sealing her fate onboard to this job to help these people. But Her attention was swiftly turned to the bearded man on her side who spoke. Eleca gave a small smirk and shook her head, smiling slightly as, she knew why he said such a thing. "My actions today, are independent from the church's Arrangements. Well this one more specifically. Anything that happens here is not by holy decree...But personal disposition. I am here by my own accord." The priest said with a slight smile, clearing the fact, even if why she was here was not part of the church, she still carries that same bealife and thought of helping others, or in some aspect of it.

Even if all notions of "Justice" should be left behind, the thought, even if locked away, still banged against the door. More so her goal is to not be reliant on others, especially since she has a mission that is tied to her life and, waiting for it to resolve itself, is not the smartest decision. Taking direct action is what she Strife for...especially since the church can be....slow at times, just gave more reason why she was here, there is no time to "Wait for help". Clearing her throat, she did state " From what Sir Cleo state, this is business. There life will hopefully be better in the end, and i hope for the best. Helping is at the core sure."

With that out of the way, looking over to, what technically is there "Boss", as Vulture stated there pay. Sure for the priest, payment was not the center piece of all her life and, infact, could live fine without it. But at this time, it is rather important. But when he stated what would entitle if the mission fail, did in fact tickle her interested, what if they really fail? Cleo stated that he would claim responsibility and that was a good enough, but what about everything else? Elecal was ready to leave whenever.
LadyOfStars LadyOfStars Shatter Shard Shatter Shard

Cleo Rom
"Blue Quill Merchant"

Strength
Precision
Intelligence
Vitality
Speed

{ F }
{ D }
{ A }
{ E }
{ F }

D

Active Titles:

-Ryke-
Ryken, Slums

"Do not worry about your payment." Cleo spoke. "Regardless of the outcome, you will find your due in the Adventurer's Guild." Then he swiped out a card, one that is familiar to adventurers. It was a Guild Card, but this one in particular belongs to the Merchant's Guild. "However, bonuses will personally come from me. So work hard." He put it back inside his pocket and smiled. "I wouldn't want to taint my name by being stingy now, would I?" He then nodded at Elecal. "Especially when a person of religion is present."

His eyes then swiveled to the door when a knocked resounded from it. "Oh, they're here."

Available​

Situation Level
Calm

-Ryke-
Ryken, Slums

Sunny and Warm
Late Morning

The door opened and a woman came waving her hand towards them. The scar that ran through her cheek and neck stood out the most, along with her long pointed ears, the mark of an elf. She wore modest leather armor, and a shortsword sheathed at her side. Behind her was a man, his neck covered with a torn scarf. He was nothing special, other than the cross shaped pupils on his eyes. He wore light clothing, fit for moving around. His cold gaze was in contrast to the woman's bright eyes. The man nodded his head at Cleo as he stepped in the room. The woman's face brightened upon seeing Ambrose and Elecal, and waved her hand excitedly at them.

Shea.png

"Heya! You guys are the rest of the people he'd hired, I presume?" The woman greeted animatedly. "I'll keep the introductions brief. My name's Shea, an adventurer. I'll be responsible for extra protection." She informed with a pat on her chest, before nodding her head at the guards. "I'll be helping these guys on keeping the rest of the group safe." She then pointed at the man beside her and spoke again. "This guy's Zin, a mercenary. He's pretty serious, but he's reliable!" Shea patted his shoulder, but Zin ignored her and nodded at the group.

Zin.png

"I'm the scout hired by Mr. Cleo. Nice to meet you all." He introduced himself to the others, before facing Cleo. "I've already tried to map out the building we are supposed to go to, but..." His expression hardened as he continued. "...it's got an underground. I could've gone in to gather more info, but I was afraid I'd get caught." The man put down a map he scribbled himself. "Enemies are found here, here, and here. They're mostly gathered around the entrance to the underground though." Shea frowned at the map. "Zin, it's mostly empty space." Zin nodded. "That's the problem. The actual place is down below. The building itself was just a front." Shea held her chin in contemplation as Zin looked at Cleo. "I'm sorry, Mr. Cleo, but this is as much as I can gather with my current abilities." He then faced Elecal and Ambrose. "To you two, as well. We will have to go in blind." Although Zin's tone was cold, there was deep sincerity hidden within his cold eyes. It was clear that he was ashamed that he could only muster such a miniscule amount of information.

Ambrose

1668531857260.png

It was good to know that their pay was secure should they fail to complete the mission. Ambrose couldn't afford another day with no money in his pockets. When the two new faces arrived he briefly gave them his attention. They didn't really come with any good news, which meant that the mission was already off to a poor start. He got up and approached the map with a curious expression and that was when Ravenna, his black cat, poked her head out of his leather jacket. "Meow..." She cried softly as her yellow gaze swept around the room. Ambrose put his and on her head, covering her face as he shoved her back into the pocket. "Money can't buy you everything." The street rat mocked. "Good help for example." The scruffy mercenary added before he looked to Cleo.

"I can scout the entire of the underground portion of the building...if we can find an opening to the underground." There were some nasty people working her in the slums and Ambrose would prefer not to unknowingly run into them in such a space. "The guards would need to be dealt with first of course."

Action: Attending the meeting
The priest nodded back with a sly smile, seems the "Boss" wanted to keep himself clean in other words upon all that will happen. But upon hearing soon the door sway open and two new people come in: Shea and Zin, The elf's light attitude was one the priest could admire especially in such a state the place they are in. Upon hearing the fact, the undergrounds was where they needed to venture down. The situated building acting as a mere entrance for the real deal and all that lay inside. The priestess did hear a sort of cat in the room but could not spot the origin of where it came, maybe it was outside the feline she heard, but beside that, Vulture had a point, there guards were needed to be taken care of. Thinking of what could be done, and that there mission would be rather blind, tapping her chin her thoughts raced. "Well, I could get some sort of hint of where that entrance would be, i have a spell that could help finding things or getting answers of questions. I doubt a place like this would have a singular exit and entrance with how it operates and how Illegal it could be. And if it does have a single entrance and exit, we could know as well. Its best than going in fully blind" Suggested the priest as, she (in other words) can ask help.

But as she thought, "But it would be vague i must add, i doubt this spell would give us a straight answer. But could be useful as well while inside, we know nothing what's in there besides the workers." She finished seeming to keep away the fact how it operates but hinting that is a single use spell. It was not important in the time being and it would be a one time thing as stated, until she could rest again. Maybe it's best to save it for once they are inside? Maybe Cleo would think otherwise. He was the one head of this operation.

Blessed Guidance - Religion F, Magic E - Call upon a Deity, worshiped by Ele mostly, for some semblance of guidance. It can be minor as a Yes or No, Or nudge similar to a glance of reflected light, an animal to point vaguely where to go, or even answer her question in a short sentence. The higher the spells grade: The higher chance the deity would give more complex answers or guidance. - Grade E - Post cooldown: After Long rest/Sleep.

Cleo Rom
"Blue Quill Merchant"

Strength
Precision
Intelligence
Vitality
Speed

{ F }
{ D }
{ A }
{ E }
{ F }

D

Active Titles:

-Ryke-
Ryken, Slums

Dayle frowned at the revelation of the information given. However, that was to be expected. He only has so much money to hire people, he couldn't afford better ones other than the current entourage. His thoughts were interrupted when the newcomers made their own suggestion, surprising him. The operation had a rough start and he expected it to even it out later, but he was luckily presented with two allies with two solutions right on the get go.

First, Ambrose's proposal was straightforward. Deal with the front, then let him scout in ahead. Although Cleo had a sneaking suspicion that it involved the cat on his pocket, he figured that training a cat to do reconnaissance was a bit too far fetched, given the general nature of cats. And so, Cleo assumed that Ambrose had something up his sleeve.

Second, Elecal's suggestion implied that the spell was a one-time use, which Cleo didn't want to spend since he's heard many things about a mage's "one-time use spells". They were generally a hassle to recover, if they could be recovered at all, and he didn't think this ordeal demanded the use of such a spell. However, the benefit it gives was tempting to say the least. Then again, the caveat was one he needed to consider. Vagueness was something he wasn't fond off, especially with his ability to read auras. It would be better to use it inside instead, if it were truly necessary to do so.

After pausing for a moment to think, Cleo nodded and smiled. "Indeed, money can't buy everything." He looked at Ambrose before continuing. "But seeing this group? It seems I have spent well enough." Cleo clapped and beckoned the others. "Come, let us see the place first before we continue." Cleo moved out of the room and the rest of Cleo's escorts followed along.

Available​

Situation Level
Calm

-Ryke-
Ryken, Slums

Sunny and Warm
Late Morning

Ambrose' remark seemed to not affect Zin, but he could feel that Zin's attention had been slightly pointed at him for a moment before dispersing. Shea, on the other hand, seemed to be focused on the map. Once Cleo wanted to move out, Shea shifted her attention towards the others. "Well, let's see the situation first, yeah? We'll be going to the area at a safe distance." She made two circles with her hands and put them on her face. "You guys and Mr. Cleo will be seeing the place to get a better- ow!" A slap on her shoulder interrupted her words. Zin retracted his hand and looked at the Elecal and Ambrose. "You guys can decide when you see what the place actually looks like." He then dragged Shea out with him.

Zin led the group across desolate alleyways and shortcuts, avoiding public eyes at every turn and corner. There was a bit of walking involved before they arrived at a relatively tall building. Entering it showed the group what the previous building they were in should've been; dilapidated and unclean. The walls and ceilings were unfit to shelter anyone from rain and flood, and the floor creaked with every step, and the steps leading to the upper floor was not any different. Thankfully, the floor was solid enough to hold the group excluding the escorts, since they had to stay below due to the weight of the armor and equipment they carry.

On a wall sat a window, where the view of the target area can be seen. Across some roofs were the area of operation. The building itself seemed to be wide but long rectangle-esque shaped, but it still blended in with its neighboring buildings. If one didn't know better, they would think this building was nothing out of the ordinary. There were few windows on it, but all of them were boarded up, obscuring the view to the inside.

On the target building were two enemies guarding the entrance. They seemed to be occupied with entertaining themselves with playing cards. They faced each other across a box, with each sitting on stools with different heights. The roof shaded their area, and the narrow pathway across the entrance made it completely sheltered from the rays of the sun. There were enough space to walk and swing swords without disruptions, and it seems as if the roofs are solid enough to be ran on. Unfortunately, it doesn't seem like the roofs will stay quiet if stepped on.

"That's the entrance to the inside, and inside is another entrance leading down." Zin informed. "We can either go in hot, swiftly but silently sweep them, or something else." He suggested, looking at the entrance through the window. "Honestly, I prefer the first option." Shea commented with a raise of her hand. "We're not here like in some secret mission, are we?" She shrugged looking at the Elecal and Ambrose. "And alert gods know how many more underground?" Zin asked with raised his brow. "They said they can scout ahead." Shea argued, before looking back at the two and smiled. "Isn't that right?" Zin simply replied by rolling his eyes.

Cleo seemed to be contemplating something as he looked out of the window.

Ambrose

1668821956286.png

This group wasn't too bad it seemed. Not everyday did you get to insult some adventurers and a merchant at the same time without retaliation from either party. This was already shaping up to be a unique experience for the young orphan. As they departed their makeshift HQ, Ambrose followed quietly behind the leaders of the party. Alleyways were pretty much his first home so scurrying around and using them to avoid being spotted was not a problem for him. And when they arrived to the unmaintained building, he felt a sense of deja vu, mainly because he'd spent many a night in places like these because no one else would be there. It was almost a promise of solitude.

But as they were given their first glimpse at the target building Ambrose turned off his autopilot and paid attention. They were debating whether to go in through the front with their swords held high. If stealth was the only other option then he too would have to go for option number 1. "I've no talent for sneaking around and being quiet." It was quite literally the opposite of his powers. "So I vote we go in through the front and catch those two off guard. Once we're inside I can scout out the underground and give us an idea of what we're up against, as well as where we're going." He raised a hand and scratched repeatedly at his beard. the dry hairs breaking against his nails as he scratched almost like an animal in the street would if they were kicking off fleas.

Action: Spying 2 people playing cards
The slums seemed rather unique in many aspects and hearing Cleo suggest to see the place first was the best idea, maybe once there eyes lay upon what was forth, a plan could formulate. Standing from her spot and following the small group, before her feet touch the outside: she raised her dark cloak over her head, wishing to keep her face out of any eyes peering through. But as well hide the fact she was a priest. She did remove holy symbolism from her clothes and tagging who is her deity would be a challenge unless there name is spoken. Only the now white and red colors, hiding behind the black cloak to prevent being seen.

Walking down the alley way and in to the muddy spots, they seem to enter a building, all creaking and old. Lucky it has not fallen yet. Upon reaching the second floor: the sight layed upon 2 guards and the sight of a boarded building. The two hired by Cleo spoke, seeming to think what should be done and soon Vulture spoke that for him, was best to knock on the front door in other words.
Eleca smiled slightly, more nervous. "Well, whatever the case is, i can mend most minor or modern wounds, even during a fight. But if you lose a leg, can't do much with that." The priest stated as, indeed, if a battle would break out, she was ready to aid them in her best possible way. Might not be a fighter but she can keep the ones who fight, well, fighting for a small while. But a direct fight was a bit risky...and judging from how the building was: it was a one way in and out perhaps?

Cleo Rom
"Blue Quill Merchant"

Strength
Precision
Intelligence
Vitality
Speed

{ F }
{ D }
{ A }
{ E }
{ F }

D

Active Titles:

-Ryke-
Ryken, Slums

Unexpectedly, or rather expectedly, the priest has healing capabilities. This eased Cleo's worries a bit as he came upon a decision. He nodded his head. "Seeing that we are mostly unfit for stealth, we will move according to Mr. Vulture's suggestion." He then faced the group. "It's decided then." He then looked at Ambrose and Elecal. "My escorts shall protect those that requires to stay at the back. Especially you, Ms. Elecal." He declared. "Your healing will be much needed shall things go awry." His gaze then turned to the others. "As for you Shea and Zin, the both of you shall be our vanguard."

As soon he receives the assent of the others, he clapped his hand, "Then, let us begin."

Available​

Situation Level
Combat

-Ryke-
Ryken, Slums

Sunny and Warm
Late Morning

Shea and Zin nodded their heads and faced Ambrose and Elecal. "We'll take care of the two guards at the entrance then." Zin declared before going through the window and stepping unto the roofs. Surprisingly, no sound came from his footsteps as he ran. "Shall we?" Shea spoke as she went down to approach the entrance normally.

A few moments later, and Shea brazenly walked over to the entrance, and the guards naturally noticed her. "Hey missy, this place ain't for ya. Turn around." One of them warned, not letting go of the hand of cards he has. "Oh no, I'm sure this is where I'm meant to be." Just as the other turned around to look at her, Zin dropped from the roof and smashed one of the guards down on the box, knocking him out instantly. "What the- ugh!" Before the other guard could react, a sheathed sword found its way to his temple, knocking him against the wall and shutting down his consciousness. Ambrose can see that Zin looked at him after the takedown, but withdrew his gaze almost immediately after.

As they opened the door, the group were found in an awkward situation. Just as they entered, a separate group of enemies were already coming out from the wide stairways at the center of the building. They were baffled at the sudden appearance of the group, but they frantically readied their weapons as one of them yelled. "Intruders!" They were around 5 people strong, and along with 3 others that Zin had tagged in the map before, totaling 8 people. There were 2 that wielded crossbows and 1 that wielded a bow. The rest readied their swords and faced the group with cold sweat. Their equipment seemed pristine, almost as if they were just bought. None of them were wearing any sort of armor however, as they all still looked like people of the slum with slightly better living conditions.

"Oh bother..." Shea spouted as bluish light manifested around her left hand. A blue translucent shield formed from it, and she pointed it forwards as she readied for combat. "Bad luck." Zin commented before taking his position towards the side, trying to flank the enemy group. Cleo's 4 escorts on the other hand poured into the building, making a defensive formation with the rest of the group behind them. Cleo positioned himself right behind everyone else, having one of his escorts close by in case of emergency.

Last edited:
Ambrose

1669391362053.png

He was shocked at how carefully the adventurers moved as the plan started; not a single sound from either of them except the thuds that followed when hit the enemy. If he didn't know any better he'd think they were members of the thieves' guild instead. But now wasn't the time for hesitation, especially not when Zin had looked to him. "Well, no time like the present." Ambrose hurried down to the exit and rushed to regroup with the adventurers. His part in the plan was next and he was ready, or so he thought. A small army had occupied the entrance and were coming straight for them.

The vagabond stepped in between Zin and Shea, putting himself on the front lines with them. He should have warned everyone about his powers beforehand, but it was too late to fix that mistake. "C2." From the lowest parts of his diaphragm Ambrose summoned up the lowest note he could sing and projected his booming voice down the corridor towards the enemy. The spell would restrict him from scouting right away, but he was sure by the time they finished with these enemies he'd be able to do it.

• C2 - Magic E, Magic AoE F, Magic Range F, Voice Affinity F, Flare F, [Hearing], Incapacitate F [Paralysis],- Channel the raw power of his voice, Ambrose releases a guttural bellow that shakes and rattles everything in range. The vibrations seep into the deepest layers of a target, vibrating their very foundation and their bones. The volume at which he sings also overloads the hearing of any within range.and causes paralysis. - E Grade - 15ft Cone Aoe, 30ft, Range, Overloads Hearing, F Grade Paralysis - 1 Post cooldown

Action: Ready to lay hand on allies and heal them for when needed.

The priest followed suit the group, nodding towards there captain as she should stay back for now. The priest was no mere weak, her armor would prove great defense against minor weapons and maybe hold off a few hits. But skill wise in combat? she had the knowledge and training, but not the how, maybe soon enough a weapon would fit her well, as Elecal focused on the helping as[ect of her training. "I will do my best, i assure you that i will lay hand on the wounded,I will be able to stand my own...mostly". Staying next to Cleo as the operation began.
The first two: shean and Zin seem to be swift at there execution, taking out the two front with ease and seemingly with ill intent. But from the building more came, surely from the happening's. It was alarming at the sudden increment in numbers, an outnumbering situation that was proven equal. the four escort guards prepared and formed a guard,Vulture seemed to use some kind of vocal magic towards the enemy odd's. With no ability of combat: The priest stood next to cleo, A bit on edge, ready when she was needed, laying overwatch to her allies when wounds are afflicted. Softly, under her breath, seeming to pray. Her eyes darting to the high and low grounds for any ranged units.
Shatter Shard Shatter Shard LadyOfStars LadyOfStars

Situation Level
Combat (?)

-Ryke-
Ryken, Slums

Sunny and Warm
Late Morning

Cleo prepared himself. "This is unfortunate." He sighed before issuing an order. "Remember, we're here to rescue. Maim them if you have to, but do not kill."

Just as the enemies were about to engage, Ambrose' voice suddenly reverberated and they all found themselves unable to move. Their thoughts were suddenly scrambled from the deafening voice piercing their ears, and they couldn't help but groan from the pain. One ability was enough to render them all ripe for the picking.

Seeing the opportunity, Zin immediately went over to the back of the enemy group, unsheathing his daggers. With swift movements, he sliced the arms of the two enemy bowmen. The wounds weren't deep, but it was enough to disable them from using their bows. The two men fell over without resistance, holding their arms in pain. Shea, on the other hand, dashed right into the fray. She stopped right in front of the enemy group, before bashing her translucent shield into the enemy in front of her. There was a flash of blue light as the front line of the enemy suddenly staggered back. Couple with paralysis, they were pushed back onto the ground without much resistance.

The remaining standing, which only totaled 3, regained their senses a moment later, but the sight of their allies dropping like flies crumbled their morale. "W-what are you people?!" One of them yelled, swinging his sword wildly in an effort to keep the group at bay. "Shit!" One muttered near Zin as he swung their sword at him. Zin evaded and dashed away from the enemy to cut off their route towards the stairs. The crossbowman was trembling from his position, trying to aim for Zin and shot, but missed entirely. "D-dammit!" The man tried to frantically reload his crossbow, but was slapped away by Zin, prompting him to fall back on his behind. "Please, don't!" The man pleaded, trying to scoot away. Zin only watched him indifferently.

From this exchange alone, everyone would notice that the enemy group were severely inexperienced in combat, especially when hit with an unexpected magic crowd control. Shea stood confused at the situation, seeing that the enemy group had already broken apart. She turned her head to look at the others questioningly, before keeping her eye at the knocked down enemies in front of her. The only 2 men left were quaking on their feet with their backs against each other.

Cleo Rom
"Blue Quill Merchant"

Strength
Precision
Intelligence
Vitality
Speed

{ F }
{ D }
{ A }
{ E }
{ F }

D

Active Titles:

-Ryke-
Ryken, Slums

Cleo stood dumbfounded at the scenery before him. "I thought we were in for a scuffle..." he paused, letting the scared yelps and agonized groanings resound in the area. "...but I did not expect such a farce." Only after observing them intently did Cleo realize the situation. "Were they just randomly picked up from the streets?" He could only marvel at the situation for him. Why would anyone try to hire these kinds of people? As fodder? Or perhaps just a cheap deterrent? Whatever it may be, whoever hired these goons only plastered them with pristine weapons and did not evaluate anything else.

Available​

Last edited:
Amrbose

1669921081499.png
The homeless mercenary scratched at his throat as his song came to an end. It had been some time since he had to use his voice in such a way. "Meow..." Ravenna poked her head out of his jacket once more and her voice held a curious tone to it. "Yeah, yeah." Ambrose replied to her feline call as he closed his coat on her face. The enemy went down easily, so easily they were not really worth the effort that had been put in. "Down here you're either being used or you're using." Ambrose replied to Cleo's question. Anyone who spent any time on the streets knew that being poor and homeless meant you were at the mercy of anyone with a ryke to spare. "You do what you have to for a piece of bread or a stiff drink." Pain was present in Ambrose voice as he looked over the conquered enemies and imagined himself in their place.

"He'll give 10 rykes to whoever can tell us what's going on here and what's waiting down below." The mage apprentice offered as he jutted his thumb out at Cleo. Offering up money was a good way to get some info from these type of people. Plus he wouldn't be able to scout the base right away and rather than tell the team that, he would just extract information from another source.

Cooldowns:
C2: E Grade (1/1)

Action: Confused and waiting to see if the men take the offer
As the priest soon saw the frontline crumble like shale, she seemed a bit surprised at the fact....was it suppose to be this easy? Why would some one hire such inaptitude with a operation in such degree? Even if she was not a fighter, even this in her eyes seem dull. The cleric eased up "Sir cleo...I don't think i need to say my thoughts of the current situation..." Elec said with a shrug. It made her feel uneasy at the fact how easy it was, felt like there was something worse bellow. It was to easy...

The priest heard Vulture offer some form of payment towards the assailants, with how things are down here, that was no bad idea or intent: They would get something, leave unscathe and at the same time just go maybe find something better. Even still it was all a sudden but the priest wished to take no part in this situation for now...If this bribery worked, it could save them a lot of time and maybe save there heads...as long its not a straight up lie.

Cleo Rom
"Blue Quill Merchant"

Strength
Precision
Intelligence
Vitality
Speed

{ F }
{ D }
{ A }
{ E }
{ F }

D

Active Titles:

-Ryke-
Ryken, Slums

Cleo frowned at the scene before him. "Gather them up." The escorts nodded their heads and began dragging the poor fellows, even the last two remaining crumbled and let themselves be pulled into a pile. "Terrible, I must say." He remarked. "But this man is right. I see your employer treated you no better than stray dogs. For a bit of your cooperation, I can offer you more than 10 Rykes." (Honest Bribery)

He let the people simmer in their thoughts, and the lot quietly discussed to themselves.

Grade F (0/0)​

[CD | 1 -> 0 Post] Honest Bribery | Wealth E -> F, Business F, Perception F, Etiquette F, Leadership F | Cleo can move things to his favor through an offer of bribery. Of course, he does it within reason that does not violate any regulation from the Merchant's Guild.

Situation Level
Cautious

-Ryke-
Ryken, Slums

Sunny and Warm
Late Morning

"Y-you're from the Blue Quill Company, right?" One of them spoke. "The sir that hired us said that one of yous would come knocking. Figured yous might be them seeing the symbol on your chest." Cleo nodded at the man. "W-well, we were supposed to fend you off." He timidly admitted, and another one continued. "We just didn't expect experts to instead come."

"Excuse me?" Cleo asked, confused.

"We don't wanna be rude or anythin', but you merchants pinch your moneys." One remarked. " 'is why we got picked up." Another sighed.

"Well that doesn't help. You all are aware about the situation down there, right?" Cleo asked sternly.

"No, not really." One of them responded. "We stay in the first floor. We don't really know what goes on in second floor."

Shea raised her eyebrow. "Second floor?"

" 'is where they sent da peoples down." One nodded. "Workers and goods." One of them shivered as they opened their mouth. "Lucky fellows, we are. I hear screams down there sometimes." Another nodded grimly. "We're lucky we're good for nothin'." The lot despondently chuckled.

Cleo looked at the others. It was clear that the operation down there wasn't as simple as they thought, if these people were to be believed. He looked back at the helpless people and asked lastly. "Are there any other like this place?"

"We know nothin." One of them responded. "But there were people we didn't see before comin up from the second floor." One of them nodded. "Be careful all of yous." He warned. "One of 'ems creepy."

Cleo ruminated at their answers. "Very well, thank you for your cooperation." He threw a pouch of Rykes at their direction. "That should be enough for all of you to live decently for a week." The people had their eyes widened at the amount inside the pouch. "Please vacate the area. Ah, drag both of your people outside as well." The people thanked them and hurriedly exited the building, scrambling to their feet and sometimes tripping.

Once again they were all left in silence. He looked at the others as he spoke. "Clearly the road ahead is becoming riskier than we initially thought." He cupped his chin as he revealed his thoughts. "If what they're saying is true, then this place as an expansion from an already established network." He clicked his tongue. "That means this place is connected to others at the second floor. But if they had that network in the first place, why make the transfer of workers so conspicuous?" He looked at the stairway at the center of the building, as if it was beckoning him to come find out the answer. "Mr. Vulture, if you can, please try to figure out what's under there. In the meantime, Ms. Elecal?" Cleo faced the priest and spoke. "I will not force you, but if you can figure out how dangerous it would be to venture forth, then I will gladly increase your reward."

Ambrose

1670039687624.png

"Hmph." Ambrose was shocked and impressed. He had offered up Cleo's money and...Cleo had willingly given it away to the people. "Maybe all you rich guys aren't shit." He teased as he ran his hands back through the nest of hair atop his head. While the information they gained was grim and worrisome, Ambrose was more determined now that he was before. This was no longer just about the money for him. Too many times in the past had people tried to use him and force him to do their dirty work and every time he wished that someone would come and save him.

Now he was in a position to do some saving. Finally. Without further delay he sauntered over to the staircase and cleared his throat. It was a rough way to get back to using his magic and he was definitely feeling the strain already. Nonetheless, he inhaled deeply and then let out a deep bellow, sending his voice down the and into the enclosed space to let [Sound Scouting] reveal to him what awaited them.

• Sound Scouting - Appraisal E, Supersense E [Echolocation] - Grants the user intel about their surroundings as well as appraises anything within range. - 100ft range - E Grade - 1 Post Cooldown
Cooldowns:
Sound Scouting: E Grade (0/1)

Action: Asking for goddess Salus for guidance (Asking god for a snickers bar)
Elecal stood there, hearing over as the men spoke, apparently the fact they already knew they were coming and not just that, but knew who they are. They did not know either what was even below them. It made Elecal rather uneasy at that fact and it felt these 8 men were just a buffer to stop them. Cleo soon spoke to her, asking her the fact if she could figure out how dangerous it would be down the stairs and what could await for them. She nodded " With how our position was known before arriving, I would gladly for our sake" once that was done, the priest waved as in to suggest she would be back in a quick second as she needed a bit of space to cast her spell.
  • Blessed Guidance - Religion F, Magic E - Call upon a Deity, worshiped by Ele mostly, for some semblance of guidance. It can be minor as a Yes or No, Or minor nudge similar to a glance of reflected light or animal to point vaguely where to go or answer her question. The higher the spells grade: The higher chance the deity would give more complex answers or guidance. - Grade E - Post cooldown: After Long rest/Sleep.
(Spell used, unavailable till long rest.)

The priest would take a deep breath, reaching to the censer hanging on her side and holding it with both palms closed on its chain, in a form of prayer, as she channel her connection to divinity and wish one to answer her prayer. "Of dearest Salus, goddess of protection and well-being, hear my silent plea for guidance. The path laid ahead is of unknown dangers and i, a mere mortal, seek from below, standing upon the mud your guidance. Hear my plea: Tell me, how dangerous would it be to proceed ahead?" The priest soon closed her eyes and silently waited, waiting for an answer in any shape that would guide her in to knowing the dangers ahead, if they could proceed safely or not, if it was manageable or not. In many ways could be answered but, silently she waited. No need to dwell in thought.

Situation Level
Cautious

-Ryke-
Ryken, Slums

Sunny and Warm
Late Morning

"Hah." Cleo chuckled. "That's not a sentiment I can get behind." He admitted. "Regardless of who, I believe a person is sordid in one way or another."

Ambrose would wait for a moment, letting the waves come back to him as he built the image in his head. The first floor was bigger than anticipated, but it was structured with corridors and multiple rooms. He would initially feel that there were no movement, and no living people could be sensed. Ambrose could surmise that the others had heard the commotion and began fleeing when there were no report coming back to them. There were a lot of objects strewn about, from boxes and objects covered in tarps. There was only one main corridor, but the end of it was not seen by his ability. This could be the path towards the stairs down the second floor, or could lead to a fork. There were four rooms in total, two of them were empty aside from one or two unknown objects covered under a tarp, one of them seemed to be the lobby where personnel stayed, and the other was a storage room with wooden boxes.

However, as the ability neared a hundred feet, Ambrose would feel a figure, just out of reach. As Ambrose's ability came back to him, it brought worrying news. The figure was appraised, but they were beyond what the ability could properly look into. They were humanoid and seemed to be fragile judging from their build. The problem wasn't what it is. Instead, when the ability caught unto the figure on its fringes, it revealed numerous magical strings that sprouted out from the figure, as if it was puppet held up by strings. The strings cut off at the ceiling, and Ambrose did not know where it leads to. That was the last image he could make before the ability had finished.

It could not pierce deeper than the first floor, and the area was not enough to reveal the entire area. It was certainly more than 100ft wide.

Elecal would feel warmth envelop her, but as soon as she opens her eyes, she was met with darkness. The others have vanished, and she stood in the blackness of the void. After a moment, an invisible force that felt like warm hands would clasp her hand together. Suddenly, a small flicker of light manifested in front her, and soon as it fades, a blue plume dropped unto her hands. The scene around her slowly fades back to what it was before, with the rest of the group now visible and focusing on the task at hand, seemingly oblivious to what just transpired for Elecal. The warmth also disappeared, leaving Elecal to reality once again. Looking at the plume on her hand, it seemed to be just a regular object, but upon closer inspection, it was thinly covered in webs. After a while, it would dissipate into faint specks of light before disappearing entirely.

1670457709170.png
Ambrose

A heavy sigh escaped the fail apprentice's lips as his scouting ability revealed a decent bit of information to him. He stepped back and raised his head, a worried expression upon his face. "Good news? I only located one person within reach of my ability, but...they seem to be strung up almost like a puppet or...like they were caught on a web?' He started walking back to the group and shoved his hands into the pocket of his jacket. "Bad news is the place seemed empty, and there is definitely more space down there than what can be covered by my ability."

He went on to share in detail what he discovered in a very nonchalant manner and then looked to Cleo. The merchant had lead them into something troubling and he didn't really like the vibe that this place was giving off. Everything that they learned so far hinted at a bigger game being played and they were blind to what it was. "Anything?" he asked as his attention shifted to the priestess.

Action: Thinking if spider man is real

The priestess took a small second to re-establish her senses at what she just witness, Her closed hands pressed against her chest, cherishing the small sign from the Goddess herself. She closes her eyes again and opens them making sure her vision has comforted itself. Looking towards the group and soon to Vulture who asked. She heard his definition of a man tied to what seem strings and her mind drifted onto the feather. "We should be Cautious...The vision was warm...I cannot decipher well what i saw: A singular Blue Plumage upon my hand's. Covered in small webs. And from what you said Vulture..." She paused for a second thinking, piecing together a meaning for what she saw "There might lay traps similar to what caught that man...Or could mean innocent people are but strung up by these so called webs. We must proceed with excellent caution, something doesn't feel well" Stated looking over to Vulture and Cleo, the priest still her mind wondering upon the sight.

She began to take easy steps towards the shack, looking it up and down. Still standing a good distance away. Wondering what is happening down there. It feels something far more than just saving laborers now...The way these people were so hastily hired and with mint weaponry but no skill whatsoever. A facade to what truly lies ahead. "Its your Call Cleo" The priest stated lastly looking over towards the man.

Cleo Rom
"Blue Quill Merchant"

Strength
Precision
Intelligence
Vitality
Speed

{ F }
{ D }
{ A }
{ E }
{ F }

D

Active Titles:

-Ryke-
Ryken, Slums

Worry was visible on Cleo's expression as he consolidated the information given by Ambrose and Elecal. He looked down at the stairs, with Zin already at the base trying to look ahead. "Mr. Cleo, it's dark ahead. I can't see anything."

Cleo took a moment to ruminate, before sighing. "We're in too deep now. We've got to push forward." He then turned to his escorts. "Take out the torches." The escorts nodded and took out torches from the escort near Cleo, who had been carrying a pack this whole time. There were five torches and each were given to Elecal, Ambrose, 2 of the Escorts, and Cleo. "It's time to delve in."

Available​

Situation Level
Cautious

-Ryke-
Ryken, Slums

Sunny and Warm
Late Morning

The group made their way down the first underfloor, and lit up the still sconces on the wall. For some reason, whoever had been here had taken the idea of killing the fire from all the torches in the floor. Treading along the hallway, they were about to step a few feet away from the entrance, but Zin stopped them. "Hold on, something's not right." He informed, caution apparent in his eyes.

Shea, Cleo, and the escorts immediately stood their guard. "What is it?" Shea asked. Zin stood still for a while, then muttered in a low voice. "Wires..."

Then everyone saw it, thin white lines across the entire hallway like webs as far as the lights allowed them to see. They were so thin that the light from the torches were barely able to reveal them. "What the hell is this...?" He muttered. "Mr. Vulture, why didn't your ability sense these?" Cleo suddenly had a moment of realization, before activating his ability (Eye of Midas). The walls lit up a faint white glow, but the there was none on the wires.

"If Mr. Vulture couldn't sense those, then the opponent can hide these strings from senses. From the looks of it, they're only revealed once we're in a set distance." Shea commented, before lashing a wire down with her sword. Her eyes widened in surprise as she felt a momentary resistance as the wire finally snapped under her strike. "That's crazy-" "Look out!" Suddenly, she was pulled by Zin downward as the walls around her suddenly got struck as if thin knives slashed them. "Huh?" Silence ensued as her glowing shield broke and dissipated. Looking at her trembling arm, there was a large bleeding gash, but Shea was too stunned to even say anything.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back