• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Graded [Redcliffe Village] Darkness Lives On

LadyOfStars

Tu'er Shen the Rabbit God
Welcome to another tale of Isekai Hell! If you're interested in joining us then go here
This rp will follow Baroness Katriel as she comes face to face with a ghost from her past and contracts vampirism.

Setting:
Weather: Humid, Warm
Time of Day: 1am

The restoration of Redcliffe Village was a big deal for a great many people, including the Baroness Pendragon who managed to expand her business into the village after she and her husband supported the people and the construction efforts. Her departure from the village came late, after her husband and his maids had long since gone. But soon enough the woman was on her way home, or at least that was the plan when her carriage set off into the forest.

While many noble hearts gathered at Redcliffe to help rebuild it, the commotion had also drawn the attention of some unsavory characters as well. During the day, these suspicious figures kept their distance and watched their target. They skulked along the forest's edge and lingered in shadows to watch the Baroness and when the beautiful blonde isolated herself from her husband and his battle maids, she unknowingly made herself an easy target.

eeb24397bf0db2841476f109697598d0.jpg

Into the night her carriage journeyed into the dark forest, sticking to the one path that made traveling such terrain possible. The horses trotted along, guiding by the coachman while Superbia rode alongside the man to keep him company and to keep her eyes peeled for danger.

For some time the only noise they heard were the hooves of the stallions, clopping along he partially stone pathway and crushing flora beneath their might. But suddenly the forest would become more lively. Owls cawed out to one another as they took flight in panic and fear. Rabbits and deer raced ahead of the carriage, outrunning the yet unsuspecting beasts of burden.

Superbia's ears twitched and her head began to pivot, watching the creatures of the forest flee and leave them behind. "Something is not right..." Without hesitation the ratkin pulled ivory Bane from her hip and stood in the coachman's seat. The old man was nervous now, his eyes following the road ahead and the rat woman beside him. "What is it Lady Superbia?" He asked in a shaky tone. "Keep your head down!' Superbia yelled out. She did not want to say Katriel's name and risk sharing the noble's identity with an enemy that might have been unaware.

But it did her little good. Finally she climbed on top of the carriage, keeping her head low as she looked around. The was when she saw it, a pair of red eyes staring at her from the darkness of the trees. "Drive faster!" She instructed of the coachman who in turn spurred the horses to pick up their pace. It was too late however.

Just as Superbia readied her weapon a figure emerged from the shadows, flying across the gap and tackling Superbia off the carriage. "Hah!" She grunted as the two of them hit the floor. She quickly beheaded the man as she rolled him over on his back and pressed her blade through his neck. But when she got back up to her feet there was another man atop the carriage, one she would dare to say resembled her mistress.

"Sister, I have returned for you." Katriel would hear the voice pierce the carriage walls as the figure knelt down on the roof and pressed his face against it as if soothed by its cool exterior.

Though she had fallen off, Superbia would not be left behind as the carriage would soon come to a grinding halt. The horses neighed and stomped as two more figures blocked the road ahead. The coachman mumbled prayers to himself as he stared into their cold, lifeless, crimson eyes. "May the gods deliver us from this evil."

"Come out Kat! Come to me!" Constantine commanded with a wide grin stretched across his face.

Garbage Pail Kid Garbage Pail Kid

Last edited:
~π΅π’Άπ“‡π‘œπ“ƒπ‘’π“ˆπ“ˆ 𝒦𝒢𝓉𝓇𝒾𝑒𝓁 π’ͺ𝓁𝒾𝓋𝒾𝑒𝓇 πΏπ‘œπ’Έπ“€π’½π‘’π‘’π’Ή π’«π‘’π“ƒπ’Ήπ“‡π’Άπ‘”π‘œπ“ƒ~
a41a35c097b95545e97d8c313b7807ec.jpg

LadyOfStars LadyOfStars

Katriel couldn't have been more pleased with how Redcliffe had went; It had been years since she had been this far and It was a worry that slowly ebbed out of her bones as she saw how wholesome and wonderful it was. She loved it's people, it's food, and It's leadership. It was one of the best days she's had in quite some time, and it only made her more bashful thinking about Shumeji, whom put much of this meeting together and all she really had to do was show up and grease palms. She would have to lavish him in gifts for how well he did today; her smile never fully meeting her eyes as she couldn't get what Torrin said out of her mind. It wore her to the bone when such men bloviated on topics they knew nothing about, yet it was still laden with truth. She had managed to bury her family shame deep within a coffin of bars...yet her mind lingered on her brother. Constantine. His very name was enough to make her skin crawl, and wished only to forget.

She could remember more than a few times in her childhood where she had caught him, watching her slumber. Katriel never could convince her father, but she believed a demon lived in place of her older brother. The way he conducted business, whispering in father's ear and the innumerous times she'd catch his eyes hungering over her form. The last dance she ever had...was with him. It was a last ditch effort to try and curry favor back toward her household so she and her brother were sent to shmooze to the best of their ability...but he only ever bothered her. Constantine asking for a dance when the moon was at it's highest, and through the crescent shaped window of the main hall, moonlight pooled onto him like mystical finery. She was not revolted by his looks, but rather by how much he loved himself, loving the self that loved her more than...her.

Her fears of the past coming back in a most prominent way as commotion from outside shook her out of her introspection. Superbia's yell shaking her as she was quite tempered in most situation, her head ducking into her knees as her breathes started to become labored. "Bandits? couldn't be...She'd have beheaded them without issue" She muttered, her nerves usually causing her to overthink as a means of staying calm, but it became difficult as she heard fighting on the roof. There was a pit in her stomach that she couldn't ignore, something deep within herself believing it was him, but it couldn't be. He was just a preppy rich snob. Those worries she had when she was younger were exaggerated, he couldn't actually be a demon could he?

It was then, all her worst fears were made manifest as she heard the voice that crept through her door for so many nights, driving her silently mad with fear and control. Her body was paralyzed and for a moment, she felt like herself all those years ago, a scared child. Sweat beginning to bead on her forehead as he spoke once again, commanding her to step out of the carriage. Was Superbia dead? She couldn't be sure, and had to believe she was still alive, and if that were to remain. She couldn't be a scared babe any longer could she?

The door to the carriage creaking open as Katriel, stepped out of it. She could gather that it made no difference if she hid or not. Her eyes wide with disbelief as she looked up onto the roof and saw...her brother, Constantine. He loomed with the moon at his back, like their last dance. "Constantine..." Her lips warbling around the name as though it were venom. Her eyes daring to glance toward her coachman, and trying to find where Superbia had gone before she turned back toward her brother.

"Why have you returned? Have you come to kill me brother? If you were expecting an apology then you came a long way for nothing, our parents were gambling away money that wasn't theirs. I did what was necessary for me to survive; Them, and you"

1664032562990.pngThere she was, the object of his affection finally within reach once more. Constantine watched Katriel with deaf ears and a fixed gaze. He felt his mind run through all of their old memories together while she spoke and his undead heart quickened. "Kat..." He started with a soft tone before he dropped down off of the carriage to stand on even footing with the baroness. The coachman would give out a scream as Constantine's associates descended upon the man in his seat, latching on to his neck and immediately started to drain his blood from his veins.

"...I have come to reunite us, Sister." He was unphased by the scream let out by the coachman and stepped closer to Katriel. "Apologies are for the commonfolk, we are more than them and you dear Kat are the best of us. There is nothing you could do that I could not forgive you for." Constantine's otherworldly eyes peered into the woman's soul as he came ever closer to her and reach out his hand. The lifeless palm brushed against the baroness' face, their contrasting temperatures emphasizing the touch. "We can return to Morbella together and rule as we were meant to; as one."

Superbia had to catch up to the cart, but thankfully it had not traveled too far. She approached the scene in stealth, hiding in the shadows. The cry of the old man broke her heart and made her want to lash out, but that didn't compare to the fury that rose up i her when she saw the stranger put his hand upon Katriel's face. She was charged with protecting the baroness, it was the one thing the Lord Shimeiji asked of her. The fur across her body spiked up and without hesitation, Superbia charged forward.

"Run Mistress!" The ratkin demanded as she hurled her blade through the air and let it sink into Constantine's arm. "Don't ouch her!" Superbia's voice became hoarse as she issued the threat to the vampire and tugged on the chain, forcing Constantine to lose his balance and fumbled towards Superbia.

~π΅π’Άπ“‡π‘œπ“ƒπ‘’π“ˆπ“ˆ 𝒦𝒢𝓉𝓇𝒾𝑒𝓁 π’ͺ𝓁𝒾𝓋𝒾𝑒𝓇 πΏπ‘œπ’Έπ“€π’½π‘’π‘’π’Ή π’«π‘’π“ƒπ’Ήπ“‡π’Άπ‘”π‘œπ“ƒ~

LadyOfStars LadyOfStars

She didn't yell, nor scream when her coachman did. Her eyes barely able to watch as he was killed and drained of his blood. Katriel could hardly speak at all as his proximity brought with it familiar sickly sweet scents of a past long departed. Beads of cold sweat dotting her pale features as she felt that birdcage surround her...again. Katriel felt a prisoner most of her life; a little bird her brother kept in a most elaborate cage. She felt as though if she reached her hand out too far, she'd hit metal bars.

She could certainly fight, knowing Superbia would till the very end, but that was the reason she couldn't. Katriel knew at the very least, his motivations. She knew eversince she was young, that his kindness was...'suffocating'. It belied a darkness that inflicted irreversible damage onto her parents. The way his eyes lit up in such darkness made it difficult to breathe and while her logical mind came to only one conclusion, she refused to believe it regardless. Superbia's shout causing her to snap toward the noise in horror. If she got too close...She knew how smart he was and there was no doubt he knows what her bodyguard is capable of. The hit on Constantine causing a rift in her that nearly drove her mad on the spot.

The sister and the baroness jumping into two different directions; One was away, while the other toward. The subtle manipulation and distortion she had gone through was coming back, and it nauseated her. If she ran, she'd be leaving Superbia to die, and as much of a tough front as she put up...she didn't want her friend to die. If she gave in superbia would be-

"
Superbia, please refrain!" Adrenaline returning the smallest flame of her fierce visage "You are correct, Apologies are for peasants so I won't apologize for my charge doing her job. She has no part to play in our family discourse. She is just a rat I employed on a whim. Something to amuse myself in berating" She said, trying to protect her and moved toward Constantine to try and impede any retaliation "
You want to reunite us and return as though nothing has happened? Do you understand how crazy that sounds?" She was a molotov of emotions and could hardly contain them all; tears streaming down her face and causing her makeup to run.

"I almost forgot you, and all the pain you've caused me! Why did you come back?"

1664321456988.pngConstantine was shocked that the rat had managed to catch him off guard, she was far more sneaky than he had anticipated when he had been planning this attack. But to both of their surprise, Katriel protested the rat's intervention. Superbia was shock and confused, frozen in place by her uncertainty. Part of her assumed that the baroness had a plan, a secret weapon of some sort hidden up her selves for special occasions such as this one. But another part of her wondered what would happen if she followed his command and what would the baron think when the news reached him, if it ever did.

While she was trapped in her mind, Constantine tugged on the chain and pulled it towards him with Superbia attacked to the other end. The ratkin crashed and slid across the ground and the vampire pressed his foot firmly upon her back, pinning her down. Although the tossed and shuffled around beneath his boot, Superbia was unable to break free and started to feel the strength he possessed press down upon her back.

"How could someone not return to their destiny, dear sister?" The vampire's gaze slowly swept up from the rat to the baroness and he locked eyes with her. "I have returned for the one thing in this world that holds any value you to me anymore..." He cupped her chin in the palm of his hand and a sincere smile crept across his face. "...you.":

In the background Constantine's associates gathered just on the fringes of the shadows, their hungry red eyes starred through the darkness at Katriel and her brother, eager to eat. "Join me sister, let us be eternally bound to one another. We can rebuild our house and enjoy all the world has to offer." He let go of her chin and his hand trailed down to her shoulder. Superbia couldn't believe what she was haring and she just knew with all her heart that the baroness would not betray her husband, so what would become of them?

LadyOfStars LadyOfStars

Katriel had to control every fiber of her being as she saw Superbia drug and subdued with ease. That cocktail of anger, fear, and sadness. The baroness had been skeptical of her when Shumeji offered her service as an esteemed wedding gift. She hadn't even known ratkin existed before Superbia, and while the rat features took time for her to get over. It was the concept of 'servitude' that at her core...irritated her. The particular titles one were given was important, and above all she believed staff were employees. It was a doctrine she kept in her home and business, but now all she wished was for her friend to be okay. That thought brimming silent tears at the corners of her eyes, disgusted as they were wiped away by a cold hand. Her bravado and defiance draining like the color from her face as he made his intentions and desires so very crystal clear it was like she could see through him.

A black mirror that shown only a cup without bottom. She wondered if the family greed had come from him all along.

Her face incredibly warm compared to his, skin soft as he remembered as he clasped her chin. Trembling as she was
\paralyzed and unable to move at all. It was all those promises he had made her before, but this time she couldn't pass them off as strange occurrences anymore. It was an obsession she had taken too lightly all this years. Small intrustions of privacy and morality stacking up until they faced her, here and now, underneath rays of moonlight that lit their
confrontation. Her eyes turning from him to Superbia as he made his vow to see them 'eternall bound'

What did that mean?

"
I can't do that to myself Constantine...what you ask of me isn't right...forbidden and...wrong" She said, fear creeping up her skin as she tried to reason with her brother, fearful of his implications. She didn't want to outright refuse because she simply didn't know what he would do. "Couldn't you instead come back and right our wrongs of the past? Try and bridge the gap of time and heal this sickness between us?" Her voice warbled, and shaky.

Constantine

1665162451989.png

Rejection. Constantine bit his lip when his offer of love unconditional was shot down by the one person who he needed to have accept it. He grit his teeth, trying to fight the anger and pain that swelled within him, but he could not subdue a life time of desire being crushed in an instant. His eyes started to glow brightly in the night, competing with the moon's pale light. "I would have preferred you do so willingly, sister." As he spoke, Constantine bared his fangs and smiled as his heart rate picked up. "But you will have time to forgive and forget." In a swift movement the vampire kiked Superbia, warranting a cry of pain as the rat was thrown. She rolled across the tree roots and stones until she hit the carriage. Constantine's associates rushed to subdue her and pinned her against the vehicle.

Constantine was focused on his sister and after hearing her rejections, there was nothing else that needed to be said between the two. For now. With his fangs exposed, the vampire lunged at the baroness and grabbed hold of her shoulders. In an instant her neck would be pierced by Constantine's fangs and he would start to drink all her blood

Isekai Hell RP Grade

Damn, that was a damn good read. There was a lot that happened there, and I suppose that Katriel has been killed, Superbia (Kesh's SIster) has also been killed. This was a pretty sad read honestly but a damn good one that I am glad to have taken time to really understand. Good stuff y'all, Luna you definitely know how to make a character hated! And Garbage, I wish i got to meet Kat and Superbia before they both were killed. Here are the rewards.

Lunar - 9 Points to any PC

Katriel - 13 Points - Title Obtained - KIA

Users who are viewing this thread

Back