• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Graded [Kruhrin Village][Ciu'nan]Orson's Feast: A Prelude

Nissa
anime, vampire, fantasy, silver hair, red eyes s-3808964931.png

Nissa listened to the woman as she explained the reason why she was being chased through the forest. "If you can't handle a weapon and hurt yourself can't really blame the weapon for your mistake," Nissa stated as she shrugged her shoulders, though she found it fitting the human fell upon their own weapon. "Though these mercenaries didn't really seem to come well prepared, though again human are rather simple creatures," Nissa stated with a hint of pity in her voice.

As the strange woman spoke about where she was going to go next and then mentioned someone named Orson. "Well if that is the closest town then I shall join you, I will have to get my equipment repaired. But who is this Orson you mentioned?" Nissa inquired as she glanced over at the young girl for a moment keeping track of where she was for the moment.

367a62584be7f6becb646142e22c3c68.jpg

Ciu'nan
|Fae|Merry|Flaky|
Ciu'nan began to lean heavier on her spear. She closed her eyes as the aching in her arm came in waves. Her attention shifted from Nissa to the body of the mercenary leader. Ciu'nan approached Nissa, her former caution towards the vampire waning fast. Stooping down and setting her spear between her and the body, she started searching the man's belt.

"Orson is a bear venerated in Kruhrin. I don't know much else except the locals see it as some kind of protector, bringer of blessings. I, however, have come to understand him differently as of late...which is why I've sharpened my spear in order to pierce his thick hide."

Ciu'nan did not find a knife on the man's belt. She patted the chest, then her hands slid down each arm to the bracers around the wrists, searching for a hidden blade. Alas, none were found. Her arm fell defeated to her side. Staring at the body, which had been less than useful, she was about to give up when her eye shifted towards the feet. A pair of boots, well-worn with much travel, covered the man's feet. Ciu'nan scooched towards them and reached her good hand into the narrow space between calf and boot. No luck on the first leg, but a prize was found on the other: a narrow blade slid into a secret compartment inside the boot.

Quickly retrieving the blade, Ciu'nan wasted no time in moving back to the man's tunic. Using her good arm to position her hand on the garment's hem, she held it with the bad hand while the off-hand cut a healthy strip free. Tearing it free, she slid it under her armpit but fumbled while attempting to tie it around the wound. Her brow furrowed as she struggled, but eventually, she relented, looking sheepishly to Nissa with a pleading look in her eyes.

"Would you mind?" she asked weakly. "It would be odd to just wander into town as bloody and damaged as we are. Perhaps we should make up a pretense for arriving in our condition?"
  • -
Strength - C
Precision - C
Intelligence - D
Vitality - E
Speed - C
Character Grade - D

Skills:
Movement

• Fast E
    • F - 12mph(max)/60ft per round
    • E - 24mph(max)/120ft per round
  • Flight F
    • F - 3 miles per hour/ 30ft per round
  • Jumping F
    • F - vertically 3yrds/horizontally 10yrds
Sense (21)
  • Appraisal D
  • Feature [Darkvision]
  • Heightened Sense [Hearing] F
  • Sixth Sense (Danger) F
Defensive
  • Healing F
    • F - basic aches and pains, symptoms of minor illnesses (cold), small cuts and superficial wounds
  • Undetected (Sight, Sound, Smell) D
Miscellaneous
  • Conversion F
Secondary
  • Acrobatics F
  • Animal Handling F

Current Conditions
Situation:
Free post. Combat rules resume if attacks are used.
Time: Early afternoon
Weather: Moderate temps and breezy after a storm passed through a few days ago. Some dampness in the shadier spots still, but mostly dry. Slight humidity under the canopy.
Visibility: Sunlight provides adequate light levels to see. Moderate tree cover; can provide cover at range (+30 feet, +1 effective dodge/guard).
Positioning: Ciu'nan, Tia, and Nissa are adjacent to one another.

Last edited:
Nissa

Nissa watched as the wounded individual leaned on her spear. Glancing the woman up and down for a moment more she deemed the woman to not be a major threat at least not in her present condition. Nor did she seem to be eager for another fight, though neither did the small child. Nissa moved away from the body as she was satisfied for the moment.

As she explained the bear Nissa rested her chin in the palm of her hand. "Well in your current condition I doubt you could fight a wolf," Nissa pointed out as she motioned to the woman injured arm as she placed her spear down and started to search the man. After a few moments she saw the woman find a small blade on the man.

"So with that being said, I take it your goal is to kill the bear and rid this place of its 'protector' though if the people worship it then no doubt many would be opposed to this plan." Nissa pointed out brining her hand down from her chip and folding her arms cross her chest.

When the woman asked for help Nissa took a deep breath and walked over to her and tied the bandage around the wound when she mentioned their arrival into the town.
"Simple, we just say we were attacked by bandits on the way in. Though ill have to keep my disguise up so most of my attention will be on that. So you will have to do the talking," she pointed out.

367a62584be7f6becb646142e22c3c68.jpg

Ciu'nan
|Fae|Merry|Flaky|
Ciu'nan winced when Nissa tightened the makeshift bandage around her arm, but breathed a quick 'thanks' through gritted teeth. Inhaling deeply through her nose, Ciu'nan grabbed her spear and forced herself to her feet.

"No, the locals won't like it at all. You on the other hand, being what you are, would be welcome to join me, of course. I'll need help putting the beast down." Ciu'nan said peering into Nissa's face for signs of willingness to help.

A crow lighted onto a tree branch overlooking the carnage. Ciu'nan's attention snapped towards the bird, which twitched this way and that examining the dead and the living alike.

"Perhaps we should get moving. Let's go with bandits for our story then." Ciu'nan said appovingly. "We can even say that a disembodied roar scared them off and swear that Orson himself protected us."
  • -
Strength - C
Precision - C
Intelligence - D
Vitality - E
Speed - C
Character Grade - D

Skills:
Movement

• Fast E
    • F - 12mph(max)/60ft per round
    • E - 24mph(max)/120ft per round
  • Flight F
    • F - 3 miles per hour/ 30ft per round
  • Jumping F
    • F - vertically 3yrds/horizontally 10yrds
Sense (21)
  • Appraisal D
  • Feature [Darkvision]
  • Heightened Sense [Hearing] F
  • Sixth Sense (Danger) F
Defensive
  • Healing F
    • F - basic aches and pains, symptoms of minor illnesses (cold), small cuts and superficial wounds
  • Undetected (Sight, Sound, Smell) D
Miscellaneous
  • Conversion F
Secondary
  • Acrobatics F
  • Animal Handling F

Current Conditions
Situation:
Free post. Combat rules resume if attacks are used.
Time: Early afternoon
Weather: Moderate temps and breezy after a storm passed through a few days ago. Some dampness in the shadier spots still, but mostly dry. Slight humidity under the canopy.
Visibility: Sunlight provides adequate light levels to see. Moderate tree cover; can provide cover at range (+30 feet, +1 effective dodge/guard).
Positioning: Ciu'nan, Tia, and Nissa are adjacent to one another.

Nissa

Nissa watched as Ciu'nan got back on her feet with the help of her spear. As she explained her proposal Nissa brought her hand up to her chin tapping it a few times. I wonder how long it would take to kill this beast, though the experience itself would be well worth it. She thought to herself before letting out a sigh making up her mind.

"If it helps you need then, I suppose I could offer assistance," Nissa stated in a tone like she was doing the woman a favor for helping. Though if the bear truly was a protector then she was going to relish the blood if she could get her hands on some of it. As the crow landed on the branch she turned to look at it herself.

"Yes, that is probably for the best to get moving. Besides, I doubt many of them would think something is off if we say their protector saved us from death." Nissa agreed waiting to start the trek to the village, though she had no idea what was going to happen in the coming future.

Conclusion
Ciu'nan, Nissa, and Tia(?) head through the forest to Kruhrin. When they merge onto the main road into the town, several concerned caravans assisted them. There was a large influx of travellers coming into Kruhrin for the approaching festival known as Orson's Feast in honor of the regions protector.

Epilogue
6188f62c3f86057045c47a606d59fbdc.jpg

A month later a group of individuals march through the same forest where Ciu'nan and the others fought the mercenaries. They were led by a lizardman, who wore a metallic band around his neck. His tongue flicked out of his mouth as he surveyed the surroundings. His eyes suddenly widened as his senses alerted him that he had found his quarry.

"Over here!" He hissed at the others as he dug human remains, mostly bone, out of a bush.

A white haired woman with a glowing red eye came forth, shoving the lizardman aside. She grasped the trunk of the bush with her blackened arms and pulled, wrenching the bush roots and all from the ground. Giving it a shake, the remains and what remained of the clothing and equipment fell to the ground. Tossing the bush, she stooped down and inspected the fabrics and equipment at her feet. Grabbing a piece of cloth, she stood and raised it over her head.

"What remains of the scouts we sent over a month ago. Six recruits wishing to ascend to our ranks, now dead! Their carcasses left in these woods to be food for the animals!" she cried passionately. The company with her responded with indignant cries of their own. "Man was meant to dominate the beastkin. Not to be their food!" Here she kicked dirt at the lizardman. "The Red Scar Brigade will not stand for this! We will hunt down those responsible for this outrage and exact justice!"

Amid supportive cries from the men, sudden rustling sounds came from every direction. The woman clenched her fists as she pounded them together, causing red channels of energy to appear in her black arms.

"More of those creatures! Defensive positions!"

Isekai Hell RP Grade

EMIYAman EMIYAman Clyvelle Clyvelle saxon saxon

Kinda like an all female rambo. girls go into woods. trained guys go in after. only the girls come out. We will assume since they were mercs, they had criminal pasts that made their murdering not a crime or 6. Really like the regular positioning update and the built in combat advantage offered from the environment. Way to sit and eat a corpse amid chaos. Monsters are monsters though. The vampire would be chased out of the party shortly after they met up with the caravan. Due to the nature of the festival situation going on in the town, there was a least one orb or appraisal that could see through an F grade alt identity, so tia would be chased off as well if not sooner.

Aftermath
Took a while, but the party would be hunted. Signs would suggest 3 perpetrators and females/children based on size and weight. The scents would likely reveal the inhuman nature of the trio. Likely a capable pursuit would be possible despite the time that has passed since the incident.

Due to proximity to the East Empire border, there was some anxiety that impacted the festival the trio had set off toward. Smaller turn out and fewer goods available as many merchants were actively dealing or preparing for the war in the south east.

Rewards

Ciu'nan - 39 points (narration)
  • [Crusader] - character is pursuing a dangerous goal that threatens to bring change to many and has already shed blood toward the cause. When their spirits are low, they will find the strength to persevere. When their morale is high, it will be as if [god] were on their side.
Tia - 42 points (devour bonus included)
  • [Voracious] - character has the means and tendency to put away large quantities of food. It's not a bit easier to scarf it all down thanks to practice.
Nissa - 25 points (change log for this character seems a bit messed up. extra points without links to where they come from. please fix)
  • [Biter] - character bites and is known for biting. Has an easier time making those bites connect but has a harder time getting close to people that know of them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back