• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Graded [Kirkwall Village] (Caelia Barony) – The Big Iron on Her Hip

Regula Caelia

6nJE2op.png

Alternate art generated and edited based on:
Silva - Granblue Fantasy Wiki
Mentions: Teuihua TheTimePiece TheTimePiece | Uasal Uasal

She chuckled a bit at Teuihua's reply, especially at how serious it was. “It's alright dear, that was more of a joke.” She smiled at him, realising his construct mind likely took these questions far more serious than intended. As for his conclusion on Marcus, she nodded. “Yes, it would be.” Even so, somehow that's exactly what made her fear he'd actually done it.

His next proposal made her blush a bit, which surprised even herself. He was just a construct and a friend, but somehow, the idea of being carried by him felt like it'd be... be what exactly? She wasn't sure. Either way, it was odd. “That's alright, my cloak is still active, so I'll be back in full in no-time. Still, thanks for the offer.”

However, his next words... they got to her. Such an outright promise somehow got her heart to flutter a bit. That level of devotion, loyalty and ambition towards keeping her safe... how could she not fall for that? In some ways, at least. She laughed. “Yes, I do.” She replied. Then she laughed again. “Sorry, sorry. What you said just now reminded me of wedding vows people make. You know, promising each-other to be there through thick and thin?” She wasn't sure if he knew, but his company managed to put her more at ease after the recent drama.

She'd head over to Teuihua. He was a bit large to hug and she wasn't sure if he'd even enjoy hugs, but that was a concern for after she'd hugged him. Or well, the dexterous arm he'd offered her for support. “Thank you, I'm really glad I was able to meet you. I'd never have expected such a great friend could be gained through randomly stumbling upon me as I was watching a duel. The world is full of surprises.”

On the topic of surprises, she quickly noticed another one. Drew had ran off... “Wait... where did Drew go? He was alright, right..?” She was a little concerned. Had he hit his head and gotten confused? Her heart sank a bit again, as she realised she'd made yet another of these Hunters hate her. After all, why else would he just run off, exactly like Fiona kept doing?

Luckily enough, her favourite Hunter was spotted soon enough. “Littlefoot!” She called out to him, holding up her arm in case he'd want to land on it. She wasn't even drawn to George until he made himself heard. She wasn't sure how to react to his words. “I merely did what I thought needed to be done.” She ended up saying.

However, when he mentioned Amanda... she got angry. “You knew these could explode, but you didn't warn anyone about it? Drew and Teuihua could've died there!” It wasn't even her own safety risk that had gotten her upset. It was the fact that George had knowingly put his own friend and Teuihua at risk by withholding such information. However, as she took some deep breaths, she calmed down. “No, I'm sorry. If you were watching, I assume you'd have had a plan to, at the least, get Drew out. My apologies.” She figured that assuming the worst was just an emotional reaction, not a logical one. She didn't believe this George to just risk his own man's death like that.

She smiled at his conclusion. “That would be great, although I've got a feeling I'm only making myself less popular among the Hunters...” She shook her head, that was an issue for later. “By the way, if you could point out a road that doesn't lead through Kirkwall, I'd appreciate it. I'm not exactly at my most presentable and I forgot to bring spare clothing, as I didn't think I'd end up like this.” She stated, realising her current 'looks' and how that might be seen in Kirkwall.

As for his final statement, she knew the man just enough to have a feeling... “Only if it is a serious one. I've nearly gotten fried just now and my legs are still a bit unstable, so I'm not sure how well my patience might hold.” Part of that was a lie, as she could probably handle a lot from this guy, but the part that wasn't a lie was that she was feeling rather tired and not exactly up for joke requests.

Teuihua
Screenshot 2022-12-19 at 12.22.30 AM-1.png
Interactions: Uasal Uasal Elvario Elvario

The golem was actually a bit relieved to hear her chuckle, since it meant that perhaps she was better off than she seemed if she could do that much. Even as she reaffirmed him that she was okay, he couldn't help but still feel concerned given the stumbling and obvious moment of weakness. Though he did pause for a moment when she called him dear, the construct wasn't really used to people speaking to him like that..but it sounded so nice coming from Regula, it made him feel a bit better. Teuihua acknowledged her response with a slight nod regarding Marcus, hopefully their concerns would prove to be false then..then again there could be worse case scenarios they were unaware of, what if there was some kind of monster tinkerer or criminal making these constructs? That would rather problematic as well.

Teuihua tilted his head slightly as if pondering what he saw when Regula blushed a bit at the suggestion. "I understand Baroness, just the same the offer will remain should you find yourself needing it, I would be more than happy to carry you if you ever desire it." He reaffirmed with a warm tone, really the main way he could get emotion across with the face he was dealt not exactly being one primed for super expressive facial movements.

The next part at first confused Teuihua a bit at the I do not really catching onto what meaning but he did feel good again when she laughed before she explained what she meant and while Teuihua didn't exactly laugh, he was glad that she had found humor out of it. "I can't say I'm all too familiar with all of the marriage customs of today but I do recall hearing about some of what you are speaking about so when you put it like that I can see why there's humor there to be had." Teuihua's idea of a wedding may have been different.

When he was expecting Regula to come and use his arm for support she went quite a bit farther than that. Due to the energy had that been going through Teuihua not that long ago, his arm was actually pleasantly warm. He looked to her as she hugged him..the construct at first was just taking a moment to process what just happened. He felt really cared for, on a much deeper level than he had from most anyone in that hug.

"I'm truly glad to have met you too Regula, with you I feel like I have a purpose again, someone to move forward for. I am forever grateful to be considered among one of your friends, and your kindness in our time together has been precious to me..so thank you." Teuihua responded a lot more tenderly than usual in that moment, the fact that he had actually been hugged..elevated his mood quite a bit after the fact.

That did stop when she started asking about Drew, as Teuihua rotated around to look presumably after she'd let go. "Drew was okay when I last checked, I have no reason to believe that he is not okay now."

As Regula called out Littlefoot, Teuihua looked to the approaching person, since she sounded positive at their arrival, Teuihua quickly discerned that they were an ally which was a relief. For now he stood near Regula very much like how he had when they first arrived, looking ready to guard once more. Teuihua gave a small wave to the figure, while staying quiet for the time being while Regula spoke to him.

He was a bit surprised by Regula's annoyance at first, but if what she was saying was true he could understand why, that did in fact sound quite reckless to say the least had George known and just not said anything about it exploding? That must have been it, it was only logical he had some plan to step in if things had gone South..right?

Teuihua was on the other hand somewhat glad to hear that he would be further better received, in an area which clearly had, had many issues with constructs between empire ones, the large rock one, and now these particularly dangerous ones too, between that and the anti magic field, which he still didn't understand what had been causing that.

"I am happy to have been in successful service for the benefit of the people of Kirkwall." He replied politely to George at that.

Teuihua was in agreement however that It would be better if Regula took another path, she was a Baroness after all and needed to look professional and presentable which was difficult now. He then was curious about what George could possibly want if he was being serious. Hopefully it was something simple enough to fulfill if he was expecting it soon, that had been quite an ordeal clearly, and it sounded like Teuihua had been right to have worried after hearing she was almost fired..yes indeed Regula needed rest no doubt as far as Teuihua was concerned.

1686331724976.png
George Ironclaw

George was somewhat taken aback by Regula's sudden outburst but his facial expression remained predominantly lax with only his widening eyes giving such away outwardly. It was an interesting sight, seeing Regula all worked up like that. Truth be told he hadn't imagined her the type, having initially pegged her as the 'cool beauty' type. But she was right, to be mad that is. Not about him having a plan. That he did not.

Laughing softly the man moved his free hand to the back of his head and began to rub at it slowly, his 'shit-eating' grin growing ever more prominent as the Baroness attempted to paint his actions in a good light. The actual truth was, George, hadn't even the foundations of a plan in place for if the construct were to explode. Why? Well it was quite simple really, he had forgotten all about Amanda's words. After all, they had been spoken almost three years ago at this point. That and he never actually expected the Baroness to defeat the construct in the first place. A few scratches sure but to decimate it the way she did! Absolutely not!

"Of course, I had a plan... I always have a plan."
He never had a plan. George was a master of thinking on his feat. Plans were not his strong suit. So in response to the very obvious lie, Littlefoot struck his master with a peck to the nose, which garnered a soft laugh from George.

With Teuihua stating his stance things seemed to cool down, the construct was well-mannered and clearly a master at cutting ice. Though that ice didn't remain cut all too long when Regula made it clear she wasn't willing to accept any funny business in relation to George's request. A bummer but in actuality, George had a serious favor to ask. Which was perhaps the most surprising of all.

Standing up straight George would sigh, and like the flick of a switch, the carefree leader of the 'Hunters suddenly' gave off a much more serious aura with [Intimidation B] taking passive effect. The serious-looking man standing in front of them could have almost been mistaken for someone completely different. Most notably his eyes, they carried a certain weight behind them that would make the skin of anyone of C grade or below crawl. This man was dangerous.

"Baroness Regula Caelia. I, George Ironclaw, Leader of the Kirkwall Hunters, humbly request you refrain from looking into my subordinate's past. Forget you ever saw her titles and I will grant you my aid in handling the current political situation here in Ryke."

Looking momentarily to Littlefoot, George's eyes took on the same appearance then when he looked back to Regula. "It's clear I'm no match for you. But. I won't stand idly by and let you drudge back up the past Ashley has tried so hard to leave behind. I'm sure as a leader yourself you understand the position I'm in. Surely you too have allies who you wouldn't think twice about taking on the world for... She's a good person. That's my very serious request. M' Lady."
Elvario Elvario TheTimePiece TheTimePiece

Regula Caelia

6nJE2op.png

Alternate art generated and edited based on:
Silva - Granblue Fantasy Wiki
Mentions: Teuihua TheTimePiece TheTimePiece | Uasal Uasal

Honestly, she was getting a bit curious. Would she fit if she'd sit on Teuihua's bit shoulder like Littlefoot on George's? Needlessly to say, it'd look ridiculous and clearly the near-death experienced had shaken her mind a bit around, so she decided to drop the thought right then and there. “How about this, should I ever need it without being able to ask for it, you'll have special permission to pick me up.” Honestly, perhaps it was a bit redundant or silly, as he would've probably done so regardless, but she figured she'd at least give him some sort of confirmation to his offer.

She was silent for a bit, when Teuihua admitted he didn't know much about marriage customs. “I... should probably read up on them as well. Recently I learned my perceptions on them were thoroughly flawed.” She thought back on her conversation with Aria. Marrying out of love, rather than for political gain or power. Was that really okay? It'd certainly be nice if it was. The rest of his sentence was lost on her, unsure of what he meant or was thinking about. She thought it best to to mention it.

She was a bit surprised to feel warm metal, rather than cold steel. Like it'd been gently heated by a forge. It was nice. “You're more than welcome.” She'd reply to him with a smile, using her wings to hug a tad bit more. It was a shame he was so large, as she wanted to wrap him in her wings like she'd done with Aria. Alas, she couldn't, so she'd break off the hug after a bit.

She nodded at the mention of Drew, glad that he was at least okay. Still, it was a shame to learn that yet another Hunter was on bad terms with her, no matter how hard she'd tried to get along with them.

George's words didn't inspire much confidence, if not doing the outright opposite. Still... “I'll... assume the trust the other Hunters put in you, as their leader, was earned one way or another.” She decided to leave it at that. At the very least, he'd been watching, right..? Right... If not, she'd ask the Marshall to train this man. Actually, that might not be a bad idea altogether. They might learn from one another. Aria to be a bit more relaxed, George to be a whole lot more serious. Could work... maybe? It was an idea for later.

She wasn't impressed by George's form. Between being A-grade (and depending on which additions of the sheet are accepted to be at play here, having Mind Shield B) as well as having good Focus (B), natural Leadership (B) and being [Prideful], she wasn't easily intimidated. To top it off, his stance and words sparked a strong reaction, so she ended up replying in kind, with Baroness' Word A. “No.” Was her first response, as she considered other options. “However, I've more than learned she's earned a lot of trust from everyone, so I'm will to trust in the trust that everyone here puts into her. Even so, I cannot chose to ignore it. For one, she's a subject of mine and her titles make her an outlaw to anyone who'd seek to harm her. We'd need to get them fixed for her, should she ever wish a more comfortable life or to know she'll be able to grow old without worry. Secondarily, if my trust in everyone else's trust is indeed not misplaced, it means she's got a situation not too dissimilar to mine. To show you how serious I am, I'll openly admit I'm currently an Eastern Empire refugee of considerably bad renown. I was set-up by one of their spies and I am still considering ways to fix it, but up until then, the country right over there...” She pointed to the East Empire border. “... would be a place where any crime against me might go unpunished by virtue of me having this title. It's not a fate I desire, nor is it something I'd wish upon any of my subjects. So trust me, I know the importance of keeping your name cleared.” She just didn't know how to keep doing so, but that was another matter.

“Thirdly, I believe it is well within my right to know what occurred. Especially as the crimes of anyone within my domain are eventually something I'll have to account for one way or another. I'd rather fix it first. So yes, as a leader, I know the position you're in, but I am not at all convinced that ignoring the issue is truly the way to 'take on the world' for her, rather than to face and fix the situation alongside her. I'll give you time to think upon my words, but know that you'll have my full support and personal aid, should you wish to deal with it, rather than try to keep it buried. If not, I'm afraid I'll have no other option than to eventually start digging on my own, something I have no desire for, but might be forced into doing. That is my equally serious counter-offer.” She took a deep breath. If he'd tried to catch her in a weak state thanks to the near-death experience... he'd nearly succeeded. As she was giving it all she had to be as firm and clear and well-thought out as she could be. She truly hoped it'd amount to something and that, at the very least, he could see she was genuine. She did want this fixed for all their sake's, if not right now, then at least somewhere in the immediate future.

Regula A (0/5)
Baroness' Word A – Character Grade A, Appraisal A, [Baroness of Caelia] title, Culture B, Etiquette B, Insight B, Leadership B, Persuasion B – Using her position as a baroness and her social prowess, Regula studies, convinces, inspires or otherwise engages in social conversation. - Grade A – 5 Post Cooldown.
Regula C (2/3)
Regula E (0/2)
Regula F (0/0)

Boots of Swiftness B (3/4)
Boots of Swiftness C (0/3)
Boots of Swiftness D (0/2)

Hextech Gun B e (3/3)
Hextech Gun D e (0/1)

Guardian Cloak B e (on duration)
Guardian Cloak C e (0/2)

[Prideful] - Character has shown an awareness of self that would put them above other people and circumstances for better or for worse. Pride cometh before a fall, but it is only the prideful that strive for more, believing themselves worthy and capable. If their belief in self is true, who better to achieve the most?

Teuihua
Screenshot 2022-12-19 at 12.22.30 AM-1.png
Mentions: Elvario Elvario Uasal Uasal

The construct was a bit surprised to hear that, but it was a pleasant surprise to hear she was giving permission of that nature. "I understand I'll keep that in mind, I appreciate your trust." He said with a warm intonation. He was also rather happy when she told him that he was more than welcome and her positive body language. Even if she couldn't wrap all the way around Teuihua's large frame with the way she did extend it, Teuihua could feel the affection which was pleasant. He was also interested to hear that she wasn't so sure about the marriage customs either, wondering as to why that was since it was her time. Perhaps they could learn more together in the future, since it sounded like something of interest, even if Teuihua didn't exactly have much use for the knowledge practically as a construct, it wouldn't hurt to learn more of the culture he was living in.
---
Teuihua once more diligently listened up as George sighed. At least he had first affirmed that he had a plan right? Teuihua not really reading into the fact that he was really just saying that to cover himself rather than actually having a plan. Teuihua was mostly just glad that his addition to the talk seemed to go over well enough. What did catch Teuihua completely off guard was the shift to a rather high grade intimidation look. It almost immediately put Teuihua on edge, making him feel much more guarded at what was being said. Realistically the intimidation would be more effective on Teuihua than Regula, so his guardedness probably showed in his body language as he shifted a bit still standing close to Regula. However he did not exert any hostility toward George, just a heightened sense of caution since it sounded like he was serious about this person. Teuihua felt pretty confident nothing bad would develop here but if it did he was ready to jump into action as per usual nevertheless..

As per usual Regula's response was excellently crafted in Teuihua's mind. She had affirmed that she meant no harm to the subordinate and it was her responsibility as Baroness to know what was going on with everyone who was operating in her land if it was possibly problematic. Teuihua had a belief that it was possible to redeem people, even those who had done objectionable things in their life, and he was certain that Regula was correct on that front. Life in the realm was much easier if you redeemed yourself for your past aggressions if you had committed crimes against people. Perhaps this subordinate just needed some kind of redemption. Though the part when Regula shared her more personal status as holding a fugitive title, Teuihua wasn't sure if that was the safest move even if it was to garner more trust, it certainly wasn't so all he could really do was hope that George would be able to respect Regula's stances and not take issue with this information. It would probably be beneficial for Regula to clear that title as well indeed, but he wasn't really sure what the best way of going about that was either given the ongoing conflict. Teuihua would give a nod of agreement after Regula finished up, as if to signify he thought it was more than reasonable.

1686534902076.png
George Ironclaw

After a long and tense silence, George would sigh loudly and shrug his shoulders, "Go on then Littlefoot, I know you want to". With his master's permission the hawk would hop from the Hunter's arm and glide to Regula's. "Tsk, you know. He's never warmed up to somebody quite as quickly as he has you. It's quite disturbing actually.". Turning his back to the woman, George removed his jacket and tossed it back toward her. "Here, wear this for now. I might not be a noble like yourself but I can at least understand that a maiden shouldn't go about with her back exposed for the world to see. We'll take the back roads as you desire... just..."

Scratching his head, George would begin to lead the duo back toward town "Just bear in mind. Some people... well some people wear their criminal titles as a reminder. A scar they don't wish to ever forget. Ashley might not appreciate you trying to rid her of her titles... Just, an observation."

Chuckling to himself George would look back to the Regula one final time "But seriously? You? A criminal haha! That's adorable and... quite frankly terrifying". Shifting his gaze to Teuihua, George added "Well, make sure you keep a close eye on her then mr body guard. You never know when an eastern spy might pop up and try to slay our darling Baroness".

Ending

With Redhooks defeat Regula and Teuhuia have become the talk of Kirkwall. Some believe the whole fight was a setup but many have come to see Regula now as a strong warrior who lives up to her rumored 'Hero' Title. Though Kirkwall is still divided between whether is should stay with Caelia or join Highgrove, Regula's actions here today have at least bought her some time before such a decision is made.

The general public opinion of Teuhuia has changed the most. Where once he was openly mocked and slandered, he will now be able to walk the streets in peace. People will no longer openly mock him and although most in Kirkwall hold hatred for constructs in their hearts, Teuhuia has done more good than harm and that has been recognized.​

Recommended Titles and Narrator Rewards (14)

Regula -
Title [Team Rocket] - This character has survived an explosion that has sent them quite some distance.
Title [Redhook's Demise] - This character partook in the subjugation of the infamous Reedhook, Kirkwall will forever remember this deed.
7 bonus points (7 narrative points)

Teuhuia-
Title [Redhook's Demise] - This character partook in the subjugation of the infamous Reedhook, Kirkwall will forever remember this deed.
Selective Core (7 narrative points)

Novama Novama TheTimePiece TheTimePiece Elvario Elvario

ISEKAI HELL GRADE

Aftermath

With the death of Redhook the area has become safer with the group's efforts, Though the anti-magic field source has yet to be discovered. Leading to the place being safer in some terms; however, people still regularly avoid the area, especially mages and the weak-minded. However, there has been some grumbling between some members of the hunters about what happened in the area. Many saw Regula's declaration as overstepping with the upcoming vote.

On the other hand, some of them welcomed the idea that she would help Ashley remove the titles should the need come. Unknowing to the group, rumors over the next several days would eventually reach the eras of areas nearby that Regula knew of a fugitive in her land.

Teuihua was more welcomed in Kirkwall, though there was still some mistrust amongst the residents due to the construct's presence. But the group's actions didn't give many opinions on who to side with as the area was commonly avoided.

Future references

No one got dinged for this, but Large creatures need Large hole (aoe) applied to the ability to create an opening large enough.

Rewards

Nacht - 9 points to any character of your choice

Regula - 18 points

• Aquicred optional Title [Team Rocket] - This character has survived an explosion that has sent them quite some distance.
  • Acquired optional Title [Redhook's Demise] - This character partook in the subjugation of the infamous Reedhook, Kirkwall will forever remember this deed.

Teuihua - 18 Points

• Aqcuired optional Title [Redhook's Demise] - This character partook in the subjugation of the infamous Reedhook, Kirkwall will forever remember this deed.
  • Selective & Penetrating Tech Core to fighting style( add 14 points to total earned and spent)​
Mentions: Novama Novama Uasal Uasal Elvario Elvario TheTimePiece TheTimePiece

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back