• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Graded [Stonewall Town] (Caelia Barony) - Barony Burgers

This RP is part of the Isekai Hell setting. Check the links above to learn more about it.

This RP takes place about a month after the events of Treasure in Ruins, with Stonewalls walls and keep having been renovated.

What to expect out of character:
We'll be keeping a quicker pace (daily to every 2-3 days) until the first of June. If the RP hasn't wrapped up by then, the pace might drop to a weekly pace, depending how what I'll be able to keep up with after my new job starts. The RP isn't intended to last long (a month maximum, potentially wrapping up in a few weeks).

What to expect in character:
A little down on her luck lately, tavern owner Hestia is looking for an innovation to get her business booming again. She even went as far as to sent out a request for people to suggest ideas! Luckily enough, a promising chef named Todo Sawl is looking to start his own restaurant chain and might be able to help her out whilst getting his own goals accomplished.

Barony 1x1's
This RP is a trial run for an idea I've had for a while, an easy set-up for 1x1 RP's in Caelia barony.
More lore on it can be found in this lore thread where new lore will be added.

Barony NPC 1x1 RP's
There are a lot of people (NPC's) in the barony by now. That is not a coincidence. I've been trying to establish a lot of NPC's, not just to flesh out the area and add some flavour, but also to offer the following option: 1x1 RP's with the barony NPC's.

These are intended to be:
1 – Relative short. (Up to two months at most, more likely between 2 weeks and a month).
2 – Easy to jump into. Find an NPC you want to interact with or a goal to achieve that could fit into the Caelia Barony and you'll be hooked up.
3 – Light-hearted. They won't have too much deep lore/plot. Just a PC, an NPC and a common goal to achieve (examples; defeat wolf, craft sword, chat about the weather, learn how to poor tea).

What you stand to gain:
1 – An RP tailored to your liking with flexible pacing (daily at its fastest so long as both sides are able to keep it up, with potential moments of back-to-back posting, weekly at its slowest).
2 – A direct way to achieve a specific goal, such as: Forge a sword. Gain F-rank Adventurer's Guild connection. Learn Etiquette. Spent some time gossiping.
3 – A narrator willing to help you come up with ideas. I like brainstorming if you want to try out something, but don't have something specific yet.

What I stand to gain:
1 – More RP options outside of my own characters.
2 – Fleshing out the barony and its NPC's even more.
3 – Hopefully giving people some short, yet fun RP's.
4 – A few extra points from running a lot of RP's, which I'll likely reinvest in barony assets/companions through my character (baroness) Regula Caelia.

Limits:
1 - There's only so much I can do alone. If too many people show interest, I'll have to create a waiting list or find others to join in on this idea (preferably with NPC's of their own, to ensure NPC's stay somewhat consistent in their behaviour).
2 – Grand goals, deep lore, posting paces longer than weekly or desires for very long-lasting RP's likely won't fit this format.
3 – I'm planning to offer some level quality, but this is also very much a quantity thing. If I somehow offer a life-changing RP that'd be great, but that'd not be the goal with these. The goal is some good and simple fun.

TRIAL RUN
As a trial run, I'm hoping to provide a fun RP, but there may be some hiccups while I'm trying to sort things out both IC and OOC. I'll be checking how much time it takes me to keep posting to see if I can start doing these on a consistent basis first and for most, as well as checking how well and easily ideas come forth to see if I can run these en masse, and finally how well the NPC's integrate to see how much of a solid ground for new stuff they can be. Feedback is appreciated both during and after the RP.

The Keg
Country of Ryken, County of Sadek, Barony of Caelia. Capital Town: Stonewall – Tavern.
Time 9:30 – Weather: Sunny
d1a39778da798e25d660b3759ae02507.jpg
From: https://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a147/Darsunne/0a55608e9d52edec15d4c6455736ec45_zpste7hezy9.jpg
Mentions: Todo Shawl Orikanyo Orikanyo

It was still silent in The Keg. A lot had happened in Stonewall during the past days. One of the baroness' advisers, Amanda Steelhaven, had gotten the walls fixed. That was the biggest change. However, with such a change, Hestia had hoped new people would visit to come look. That hadn't happened yet. Her business wasn't running as well as she hoped it would.

Amika
tKIaNLP.jpg

“I finished up the cleaning.” Amika called out to her mother, but she noticed the latter was staring ahead into the distance.

Hestia
2i532mI.png

“Ah, I'm sorry dear, well done.” She replied, noticing her daughter stare at her. She'd been keeping this place running ever since she divorced Berk, but through all that time, she'd never managed to do one thing as well as he did. The food. It'd always been mediocre at best. She'd lost some customers over it. Whilst the Fae scribe, Retili, had bought enough booze for himself and his men to keep her business afloat for a while longer, she needed a more permanent solution.

“Do you think the baroness will help us..?” She asked her mother.

“Maybe, but I'd rather not rely on her help.” Tax exemption or a loan were options, but she'd rather not attempt them. It might put her in debts she couldn't repay. “I've send out a request through the Adventurer's Guild. Who knows, maybe... maybe someone will take it and have a good enough idea.” No, she had to be stronger than that, so she smiled. “Don't worry dear, we'll sort this out. Our help can barge through the door at any moment now~” She replied, forcing a smile despite not being totally convinced of her own words.

Last edited by a moderator:
Todo Sawl
ETkzSnkXYAMpXUB (1).jpg

He had been searching, before he could set up his own path to professional chefery heading a restaurant... He had to be certain about his style, his brand. He knew his goals and his drive to reach them... But... He needed money, and a place to set up a proper reputation.

Earth was... A home of his. It had treated him badly, but he didn't blame the people... He... He came to terms with that long ago. His death was sorrowful... But it was what it was... Some people would become handsome or powerful in the stories like him, he became a pig.

A pigman but his life wasn't to be the same.

If theres one thing people trust in any world.

Is a fat happy cook.

Nothing from with being on the chunkier side, a love of food was a good thing, and knowing the ways of food is king when it comes to making people see your skill, for the tongue is an exceedingly powerful sensory organ.

So, he had plans, to bring the world of culinary arts from earth to here. And he would start with what he knew as the most simple... The burger.

Handheld, easily stackable, endlessly combinable, he could very well combine anything to a customer's tastes! A standard way was certain to be sure, but with a selection, people would feel the need to return to try it another way.

Their way...

He just needed a place to start from... So when the cry was put out for a Tavern in need, he came running, not litterally because he had a magitek walker to do the walking for him. It was quick of a ride, and he settled the walker down outside the tavern like a nesting chicken, taking out the keys before stepping off onto the ground. He gazed at the building and felt a degree of worry... The.. anxiety was acting up... What if they will take one look at him and say no...? Surely...

No.

His first step was this dream.

All will come after.

Fixing himself, slicking back his hair (he had gotten himself a bath earlier today but you can never be so sure.), he cleared his throat and stepped through the door.

"H-hACK!"

He coughed, oh no, hurry fix this!!

"He-hello! I'm with the guild! You put a call out for help a-and I'm here! My name is Todo Sawl and-"

Oh no, oh no.

They were... beautiful. Conventionally so! No Todo focus you remember the words of Ming Hai, focus when talking to beautiful women! Focus!! You worked a brothel's kitchen, surely this is no different!

"And i'm here to help!" Hoo boy that ceiling looks real interesting right now yes sir!!

The Keg
Country of Ryken, County of Sadek, Barony of Caelia. Capital Town: Stonewall – Tavern.
From: https://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a147/Darsunne/0a55608e9d52edec15d4c6455736ec45_zpste7hezy9.jpg

Amika
tKIaNLP.jpg

“Eh... mom... there's a really weird devise thing walking into town...” She said, looking out the window at the odd thing 'walking' in that made the ground shake every so slightly.

Hestia
2i532mI.png

“A... device?” She asked, but as she was coming to look, someone entered the tavern and immediately tried getting their attention with a cough.

She turned around to see... a pigmen? Those weren't all that common in these parts. She was about to tell him they weren't open yet, when he stated his reason for being there. “You're here to help? Oh! That's great!” She sounded rather surprised, then excited. So someone actually did show up!

Right. Introductions. “I'm Hestia, this is my daughter Amika.”

“Hello!” She said, staring curiously at the pigmen, blissfully unaware the latter was comparing her and her mother to some prostitutes.

“So... ehm... what do you want to do? I mean, what should we do? Should we show you around the place, or do you want to know our usual business or... well, how can you help? I mean, how can we help you help us? Sorry, this is a bit new to me.” She rambled, with a polite and mildly playful tone to her voice, the one she normally used to serve customers, but now with a hint of nervousness to it.

Todo
ETkzSnkXYAMpXUB (1).jpg

Oh thank the gods they were kind souls.. if good at working with customers. "Ah, a pleasure to meet you both! I'm To- Oh, I already said that.. Sorry, all jitters." he cleared his throat, before continuing. "I'm a cook, largely, I've done work in a larger establishment before and personally I was looking to establish a better and wider base for customers. Espeacially as my last work was in the empire it was... troublesome.. To have my name be attached to the food. but I've classical, professional and simple experience teaching under my belt." which was considerable given his size so he thought.

"Is there a cook here to speak to? I don't want to step on any toes here if I'm helping." he looked around, it was.. easy to see he wasn't trying to look directly at the two for very long... His nervousness about them was on his occasional shiver.

"...Sorry if I seem stiff."

The Keg

Hestia
2i532mI.png

“Oh! A cook, that's just what we need!” She perked up. This was more ideal than she dared to hope for. “Ah, I can see that.” She stated, wondering how a Beast even got hired in the East Empire as a non-slave to begin with. Or perhaps he was an escaped slave? Probably best not to ask.

She... wasn't sure what he meant with his teaching and experience list. “That's... very impressive, sir.” She replied, a bit unsure. “So you're a great chef, then?” She asked, a little more chipper. “Here, follow me!” She said, showing him to the kitchen. It had all the basics and nothing more. “Truth be told, my ex-husband was the chef back in Sootspire. I never really managed to pick up as well as he did... We also couldn't afford to hire a new chef after we moved here, as buying this place...”

She realised she might be oversharing. “Sorry, that is, to say, we don't have a cook. It's all yours. Don't worry, you don't seem stiff to me~”

Amika
tKIaNLP.jpg

“By the way, mister Sawl, what was that thing you arrived with? I haven't seen something like that before in my entire life.” She dropped in, the moment it seemed like her mother was done talking.

Todo
ETkzSnkXYAMpXUB (1).jpg

"W-well I think you should at least try me before going full bore, hehe... I've something i'd like to trial, but-it's simple enough and works rather well for bar food." his thoughts were stopped at the question. "Ah, it's a machine, it's good to carry things and me for long distances. It... I don't know the full thing but it apparrently works off magic. And sunlight? Thats what was explained and-"

Ah, the kitchen...

"hmm.. Mind if I just take a look?" he began to shuffle around the kitchen, taking stock of pots, pans, ingredients were sniffed quickly and replaced, he checked the flour, veggies, some more dried meats kept out of the way... "Do we have fresher meats and cuts? Pork, beef, chicken? Ah, don't mind me, porks no issue." he wave off any concerns about his visage. "bread and buns.. May have to bake for possible customers... Do you have any regulars? Do they order a usual?" he began to get to it, asking questions as he spotted a knife that was duller than it should be, he asked his questions as he sharpened it to a razor's edge with a whetstone he spotted earlier.

"Is there any dishes you yourself know? stews never go amiss, and are easy but hard to get perfect. Thick broths make for hearty meals ohoh." he was having fun now. "Actually might be best show me if you have a menu. We'll go down the list and see our ingredients eh?"

The Keg
Time 9:40 – Weather: Sunny

Hestia
2i532mI.png

She stopped in her tracks at the idea of trialling him. Honestly, she doubted he could be worse than what she'd been putting out. So how could she judge him. Still, he did have a point. “Whatever it is, I'd love to try it~” She ended up replying wit ha smile.

Amika
tKIaNLP.jpg

“Can I try it?” She'd found herself asking it before she could stop it, eyes still drawn to that odd machine. She was a bit disappointed when they went to the kitchen instead, although she knew the importance of getting the 'job' done all too well.

“No problem, look around as much as you want.” She said with a smile, as she watched the pigman go through everything in the kitchen. “No, not at the moment. We can't keep fresh meets for long, so we normally buy it at the general store last-moment. With how little orders we get, we can't afford to buy it and risk it spoiling either.”

“Hehe.” She chuckled at the pigman telling he had no issue with pork, before quickly putting her hands in front of her mouth. “Sorry.”

“Yes, a few. Most of them just order drinks. Sometimes they order some bread... the vegetable stew my daughter makes is ordered as well, sometimes.

“It's my signature dish!” She proudly proclaimed. It was also the only dish she made on the regular, but nobody needed to know that much.

“I tried roasts, but without much luck... Eh. Menu?” She wasn't entirely sure what he meant. “We, ehm, don't really have one.” As for the ingredients, she opened up another room to the back of the kitchen. The pantry. There was slightly more stuff in there, but not a lot. “We try not to have too much fresh produce, as it'd risk spoiling. Most of these I pickle or conserve in other manners. I've learned a lot of conserving techniques over time.”

For what it was worth, she didn't seem to brag there. Between pickling, drying, smoking, salting. There were a lot of preserves in decent to good state in the pantry.

Todo
ETkzSnkXYAMpXUB (1).jpg

"Makes sense, preserves are usually good to keep long.. Taste good too, real easy." he began to snoop along the pantry, sniffing the occasional thing and closing his eyes... he set aside from onions, he would need them. What was this...? A large pot, cast iron with a lid, it has a stand with it too... Ah, for stews over a fire. But... Hmm... he spotted what he was looking for as well. Abit old, but it would do nicely... Oil...

From the smell, some sort of canola analog.

That would work nicely.

"Since this is also for my benefit, I'll be helping with some procurement. I'd like to try a recipe and i think things are coming out rather to plan." he placed the bunch of onions on the counter and considered what they had. "I'll be needing to head to the butchers quick, but since it's... close to midday people may come soon." his ears were twitching, his nose taking in scents... he could smell his ingredients within arms reach, but what he needed is not here right now.

He needed some steaks, chuck cuts were perfect for what he needed but other cuts would work with extra work pounding them with the dusty tenderizer he spotted on the hanger. "It'll be fastest with the mecha, I'll need help on the way and I'll pay for the meat cuts myself. Amika, you know the village, do you mind coming with me on the machine?" he asked getting his thoughts in order.

"if thats alright with you Hestia, I'm sure you still have preperations to begin."

The Keg
Time 9:45 – Weather: Sunny

Hestia
2i532mI.png

“Exactly!” She was glad the Todo understood why she focused on preserves. She'd watch what he sad aside with mixed curiosity, wondering what he was planning to make or do with it. Assuming he wasn't just casting it aside as being too beneath him to work with. She hoped he wouldn't end up being such a type... Well, the best she could right now was hope for the best.

Some of that worry was taken away by his next offer. “What, no, no, no! We've asked you for help, we couldn't possibly let you pay for that!” That would be extremely backwards, wouldn't it? She didn't have a lot, but... “Just tell the butcher to put it on my tab, best case we'll pay him back when this takes off, worst case Erkan will be drinking for free for a while till we paid it off. It'll work out.”

Amika
tKIaNLP.jpg

“Yes, I'm in!” She called out, eager to test out his weird walking robot-transport machine. She was outside and looking at how to enter the thing before even getting a reply.

Hestia
2i532mI.png

“Sorry, she's a little overly enthusiast. We don't see a lot of these types of things around here... Well, we don't see a lot of new things general.” She tried to explain her daughter's behaviour to the best of her extend. “Anyhow, don't worry on my part. Today is normally one of the quietest days of the week, so I'm not expecting many people to come in before later in the evening, when they come in for a drink.”

As they'd eventually go with the walker, Todo would soon realise they wouldn't have needed it... as their destination was only a few hundred meters away, directly next to the general store. That said, Amika was clearly enjoy the ride a whole lot. It might've be one of the most exiting things she'd done in a long while.

Bloody Delicious
Country of Ryken, County of Sadek, Barony of Caelia. Stonewall - Butchery.
Time 9:55 – Weather: Sunny
360_F_548564835_WGesMAclSvHEqb6flpvPThB0VPhGl4kP.jpg
From: Medieval meat shop, illustration Stock Illustration

As they'd enter it, it would seem they were in luck. There was a lot of meet available at the moment, all pretty fresh, suggesting a cow had been butchered just this morning. That was confirmed when the owner of the place greeted them.

Erkan Flann
NxkFh8k.jpg

“Good morning, sir. Amika.” He said, looking at them before a smirk crept onto his face. “Now, then, you look like a man that might know some things. Am I right, or am I wrong?” He stated, a little vaguely as he gestured to the various cuts. Some were definitely better pieces of meat than others, but one thing was clear. This butcher was good at his job.

Todo
ETkzSnkXYAMpXUB (1).jpg

"Hello!" he called out when they had entered. the young miss was... Ecstatic the whole ride, even if it was a relatively short one, it brought him back to how he first felt with the walker, though with significantly less bumping into the poor local tree-life. it had enough space in the cockpit for him and her, with a bit of extra space for storage, so he had no issue there. he had taken the liberty of adding saddle bags to the side... How strange to see a machine that was, quite honestly, a prototype for war, looking about as laden with bags as a pack donkey.

But this had the luxury of not complaining!

he'd feel bad working a donkey anyways.

Once inside, the butcher took no time sizing him up as it were, and he couldn't help but laugh. "You'd be right! I'm a chef and adventurer,got a call out to help the tavern abit. Figured I should prepare as any might for an adventure, getting equipped!" he gave a light nod to Amika, before taking a good long look at what was on sale... "Looking to get a good serving of chuck, neck to shoulder blade, lean. I'd like to get a rack of pork and beef ribs as well. If not available, I'm hunting for leaner meats." he was already having out his wallet, stuffed with coins from work with ratfolk, he was prepared.

This was his dream.

Its road will be paved with the foundation of coin.

Hmmm... Ah!!

"The baker after this, need two fresh loaves... And Amika, would you have any left over stew at the kitchen?" Bouillon! Yes, gravy! A shame they likely had no cheese but by the gods he will get gravy out!

Hot pulled pork sandwiches... Burgers... Former was abit messy without cutlery, but he doubted the usualys wont mind some messiness.

He saw taters back at the tavern... But.. to fry them right...

"One last thing... Pork belly... Can't use mine obviously."

Bloody Delicious
Country of Ryken, County of Sadek, Barony of Caelia. Stonewall - Butchery.
Time 10:05 – Weather: Sunny
360_F_548564835_WGesMAclSvHEqb6flpvPThB0VPhGl4kP.jpg
From: Medieval meat shop, illustration Stock Illustration

Erkan Flann
NxkFh8k.jpg

“Good, good. I have all of those!” He said, going through the store to gather the types of meats asked for by Todo. “By the way, I should tell you about my special deals. You see, I hate it when meat goes to waste, so whenever someone buys some of the prime cuts, I offer the lesser cuts at a generous discount. A real chef can cook the whole animal and make it bloody delicious, is my motto.” Well, that's probably where the store got its name from.

Amika
tKIaNLP.jpg

“Ah, we can get our bread from Saffron. She gets it fresh out of Kirkwall each morning! Left over stew...? Wouldn't it not be nice if you kept it around for too long?” That part confused her.

At Todo's mention of pork-belly the butcher laughed heartily. “That's a shame sir, you'd have had some great cuts otherwise.” His tone was... sort-off comedic, but with a slight hint of serious? A little ominous? He definitely did seem to gloss over how Todo would be cut up into chunks for just a second there. Or perhaps that was just in Todo's mind, as the butcher was calmly cutting up the meat for Todo and wrapping it up for transport short after. “There you go sir, anything else? I can recommend you the wild boar, as we've got some great fatty ones from the forests south of here.”

The Twice Flipped Coin
Country of Ryken, County of Sadek, Barony of Caelia. Capital Town: Stonewall – General Store “The Twice Flipped Coin”.
yang-sohyeon-2-1.jpg

Once Todo would've bought all the meat (or let Amika put it on the taverns tab) they were able to head over to the store besides it. The moment they entered, an Elf woman would greet them from behind the counter.

Saffron
CxaEjvf.png

“Good morning, how can I help you?” She asked, although her tone sounded as plain and deadpan as her stare into the void looked dull and bored.

Amika
tKIaNLP.jpg

“Good morning Saffron~ Did the bread from Kirkwall arrive yet?”

“Yes ma'am, right over there.” The Elf replied, pointing at a selection of freshly baked bread (as fresh as a trip from the village over still made it be, at least). A winged woman was already browsing it, seemingly unable to decide which she wanted.

Regula Caelia

6nJE2op.png

Alternate art generated and edited based on:
Silva - Granblue Fantasy Wiki

Last edited:
Todo

"hehe, yea.." was... was this man sizing him up? he should hurry along.. Just in case.... he would quickly get his stuff together once given, paying for it himself and quickly before Amika said a word. He would give her a quick wink before hefting it all away and into the saddle bags. "You know, after our run around, the tavern may get some more customers tonight. Hopefully people talk, i need as many opinions on my food as possible."

~~~~~~~~~~

He had began to think of his ingredients as he entered the bakery, the scents from the place was filling his nose as he let out the softest of snorts from his piggy nose. he did not however expect to see an elf here, and how bored she did look. His nose couldn't help but note the light smell, Elves had a very light airy fresh scent from them, it was.. just sort of a thing you noticed as a fellow with a better nose. Humans tended to have the smell of earth, especially if they were farmers, earthy scents that even the butcher had, lightly twinged with the scent of iron from the blood of his profession.

Though the woman across the way smelled.. Alot cleaner... Airy even... mixed with the... Smell of bird...? He looked over to note her... Well.. Wings!! How odd to have a human with wings!! he was silently thankful he didn't ask for chicken or fowl in the butcher.

Amika already asked the pertinent question, but as the woman was over there... he... Felt abit awkward... He.. Didn't wnat to intrude or force them away... that'd be absolutely....

Boarish.

Of him.

So he stayed abit off near the counter, swallowing his fear of social interaction before giving a small. "Hi, umm... I'm Todo.. here with Amika for the bread... I'm a travelling chef here to help with the tavern for abit." he explained, more or less to... wait till the woman was done. He wondered abit about what type of bread they had... unleavened..? White? Whole wheat? or did these people only know one kind?

He liked elves, from afar anyways, they always seemed to.. beautiful to approach.. but.. here he was backed up to a feathered wall...

The Twice Flipped Coin
Country of Ryken, County of Sadek, Barony of Caelia. Capital Town: Stonewall – General Store “The Twice Flipped Coin”.
yang-sohyeon-2-1.jpg

The Twice Flipped Coin was by no means a bakery, but it did have a large bread section with bread that'd been freshly baked in Kirkwall and transported over to be sold here through some magical and efficient enough manners to keep it fresh. After all, Kirkwall's bread was known to be the best in the Barony.

Amika
tKIaNLP.jpg

“If you want people to come try your things, I could go around and tell everyone there's something like a food-tasting even going on~ I'm sure a lot of folk would show up!”

Saffron
CxaEjvf.png

“Welcome sir, our selection of bread is right over there.” She replied, gesturing at the bread and winged woman. She didn't seem any interest in talking more.

Amika leaned in to whisper something to Todo. “Don't mind her, she's always like this while on the job. She's a lot more fun when she's off-duty.”

She then turned towards Regula. “Good morning lady Caelia~”

Regula Caelia

6nJE2op.png

Regula looked up from her staring contest with a baguette at the mention of her name. “Ah, good morning Amika and...” She looked at Todo for a moment. She was pretty sure that was a new face. “good morning to you as well sir. I don't think we've met. I'm Regula Caelia, nice to meet you.” She said with a smile his way.

As for the bread, there was a fair variety. Including the aforementioned baguettes. “Ah, Amika, perhaps you know. Which of these bread types would go well with strawberry jam? I was gifted some yesterday and want to make the most of it.”

Amika shrugged. “I've got no clue, but I bet mister Shawl here knows! Oh, perhaps he'd want you to come to his taste-testing thing as well!” She'd cheerfully share, putting the pressure on for Todo.

Todo

"Ah!?" He was quickly being thrown at this beautiful winged woman! Jam!? Bread!? It's condoment and ingredient you eat with your own taste!! But... if he had an opinion...

"Strawberry jam? If you are simply looking to spread it, it comes down to your own taste. A nice fluffy wheat loaf is standard. I always prefer a rye or sourdough that gives the toasted slice a nice crunch. A buttered pan is best to do for toasting." Espeacially since there were no toasters in the world... Unless the Duchy place had them...?

"If you've pastry dough, laying it out flat and giving a healthy smear of jam, roll it up, cut it into equal pieces and bake, quick and easy jam rolls." He rattled off a recipie he remember reading online once, he never cared much for jams but they had a place in his cookbook like the rest.

"Ah, umm, yes the tavern, I will be working there as a chef for abit, my taste testing is also going to be there, of course. I will be testing recipies that would be best for barfoods, nothing overtly speacial but certainly goes well at a tavern." It should be easy enough of a recipie for even the propietresses to learn!

The Twice Flipped Coin
yang-sohyeon-2-1.jpg

Regula Caelia

6nJE2op.png

She looked at Todo with a bit of interest after Amika pointed him out as the resident expert on jam-bread combinations. To her surprise, his answer was surprisingly thorough. Still, it was a bit confusing... “Toasted..?” What did that mean? Buttered pan..? “You'd fry your bread... like meat?” That sounded very peculiar. Then, those jam rolls... “That sounds nice.” She doubted it was as easy as he made it sound though. In the end, she figured she decided she'd go wit the easiest option, choosing some fluffy white bread. “I'll keep it standard for now, thanks for the advise~”

She smiled when he mentioned he'd be working in the tavern. “Oh, that sounds great! I'll see if I can drop by at some point. I'm not sure what you mean by barfoods, but it sounds interesting to try.” She headed over to Saffron to pay for the bread, then turned around at the door for a last greeting. “Well then, I'll be looking forwards to seeing what you'll come up with!” She said with a wave goodbye.

Saffron
CxaEjvf.png

“Thank you for your patronage!” Saffron called after her, then she turned to Todo. “Have you managed to make your decision, sir?”

Amika
tKIaNLP.jpg

“See you later!” She replied Regula with a wave, then she turned to Todo. “You should totally show me how to make those jam rolls sometime! The tavern could start serving them for breakfast!”

Todo

"Then i'll be grabbing some extra butter and flour. Sugar...?" He paused to consider... Sugar... He... doubted he would be able to find that... They likely had different sweeteners... Honey..? Honey... Honey rolls...?

Makes him think of cinnamon rolls...

"Ah... the more exotic stuff i'd be hard pressed to find... Cinnamon... peppers..." he hummed to himself as... Oh.. the winged woman is leaving, seeing what he comes up with? Ah! So she may come!

Thats good, though he did wonder how she slept with those things on her back...

He collected up some loaves, getting three fluffy white loaves, some wrapped butter, a cheese wheel, and some extra milk. before going over to Saffron. "Please feel free to stop by, I'm certain I'll be able to make something to you tastes." He paid, once again hurrying before Amika said a word, before heading out to the machine. Loaves seccured...

"I think we're good, plenty of veggies back in the kitchen, so, if you don't have anywhere you want to go, I'm ready to head back."

The Twice Flipped Coin
yang-sohyeon-2-1.jpg

Todo would find all he needed, including sugar. It'd be a bit pricier though, also darker, likely from sugarcane rather than beets. Honey was just as expensive, which was to say, affordable, but only in moderation. He'd need to get a good business going or obtain some wealth to get ingredients such as these in large quantities. Cinnamon didn't seem to be around, nor did he spot peppers, but the mention of these things did make Amika perk up.

Amika
tKIaNLP.jpg

“Oh, if you're looking for that type of stuff, you should meet Gwenith sometime! She works just outside of Stonewall, doing all sort of research into what's able to grow here! I bet she knows all sorts of exotic plants and stuff and could maybe even supply some! Now that lady Steelhaven is working hard on making farmer way easier for everyone, people might be able to start growing all sorts of exciting stuff soon! Although... I think she was out today, so we'd have to try another time!”

Saffron
CxaEjvf.png

“Thank you for your patronage!” She simply told Todo as he paid, showing no sign of interest in dropping by or even reacting to it. She was at work, after all.

As for Amika, she hesitated just a second, but then straight-up asked it. “Can we make a detour? Just for a little? Riding that thing is amazing!”

The Keg
Time ??? – Weather: Sunny

Whether Todo would agree or not, they sooner (if he disagreed) or later (if he agreed) arrived back at the Keg. Hestia had cleaned up the tavern and gotten things ready for visitors that would start dropping in as the afternoon started and progressed into the evening. He'd have the kitchen at the ready to start preparing whatever it was he'd needed prepared. Both girls seemed eager enough to watch him work and/or help out if needed. This was also for their own sake's, after all.

Todo
ETkzSnkXYAMpXUB (1).jpg

Hrmm... He hoped that elf girl will be fine... Working sucks, he certainly knew that... Oh well...

~~~~~~

Entering the kitchen he placed down his haul upon the counters. He gave a quick sniff o it all, he had abit of time... "Alrighty, time to prep... A good stew never goes amiss, it can keep for the night, and can work with whatever you have. But, we shall focus on that later, we're first going to start on the burger...

Allow me to explain."

Skill utilized, domestic C

The porcine man would go through step by step his creation, speaking of the various ways it can be combined to the customer's preference but he is keen on the part that there is a standard way to put it together.

Tenderizing the meat, cutting and making proper portion sized, he made certain to mention tenderness is key to the meat, his second act was to cut up standard veggies usually put into a burger, tomato, tettuce, onion, fishing out the pickles for another addition.

He heated up the fire, and got to cooking the beef patties, two for the women here, he would use them as his test.

On another part, he began making a tomato sauce, giving it a light sugar dose to give it the sweetness he was seeking. Tomato ketchup, he would keep it in a jar for later...

When coming to a close, he cut the bread, gave it a light toasting yo bring consistency to the "buns" that he gave the burgers. He collected up his creations, and placed them down...

He had a pot full of the oil, and was cutting up potatos into long fries as he looked towards the two. "Please, have a try, place the vegtables you want on them, or take them off, but please, taste it. This burger is the first, a variation of sandwich, perfect for the bar."

The Keg
Time 16:00 – Weather: Dawn is setting, getting chilly outside

Both girls watched in silent curiosity and awe as Todo set to work. Honestly, they weren't even sure why he was doing certain things. Like, why was he beating his meat? He mentioned his meat needed to be tender, but did you really get it tender by beating it? Then again, he was the chef, so he likely knew what he was doing. They'd watch as he cut up vegetables like he was going to make a stew or soup with them, but then continued not to make a stew or soup with them. Truly odd, but also intriguing.

Equally surprising was to see him make some tomato... jam? Why in the world did he use tomato's for a jam, rather than some sweeter fruits? This chef was truly peculiar and they could only watch in mild curiosity mixed with worry about what in the world that would taste like.

Amika
tKIaNLP.jpg

“Alright, I'll try it!” She called out, rather excited to try whatever this was going to be like. She knew the ingredients, but that was about it. This combination was not something she'd seen before, but it smelled nice and looked good enough. It was a bit peculiar to be told to put the vegetables on it herself. Wasn't that usually the chef's thing? Ah well, she figured she'd just slap a bit of everything on there.

She'd then get herself a plate and some cutlery. She'd learned good table-manners after all. Putting the burger in the middle of the plate, she'd cut out pieces of it with her knife and stabbed them onto her fork, figuring she'd probably need to get a bit of all stuff on there to fully try out this dish. “Oh! This is great!” Was her first reaction. The next was to silently keep eating.

Hestia
2i532mI.png

Encouraged by her daughter's example, she followed suit. Getting herself a plate, some culterly and a burger with a bit of all the cut-up vegetables. “Oh my... it is good indeed. I didn't think you could make something like this out of meat and some simple ingredients...” This was truly revolutionary. “Where did you learn a dish like this? Is this what they eat in some far-off and exotic places like the West Empire? Or maybe Widersia or The Kingdom...? Or... perhaps even more exotic, like the Crustaton or the Sky Kingdom?”

Todo Sawl

"Well, cooking IS all about making simple things into something more. I like to have mine with abit of salt and pepper." He noted with a happy grin. "This would be... A personal creation, after I left the Empire as freed man I spent time amongst adventurers, considered how many people could fit together even if not exactly the most uniform folk and make something bigger than what they are.

I simply applied that thought to cookery.

Theres anther I can try. Poutine, I've found it goes very well in bar food. Just need to get this fryer idea running." He considered the pot of veggtable oil, which was now heating. "Burger and fries... Should be quick to make, easy to eat and filling. Can fry other things too. But, need to have a test...

Befote I can try and open my own restaurant, trouble there is money, and a place to do it.

But I have to take things one step at a time after all...

And make a good gravy." His mind turned to cooking again, starting on said gravy.

"It may be show time, I'll only ask yea to help get people to order the burger, maybe fries to, will need to make more tomato ketchup." He was already underway cooking up a storm, like a smith in their workshop, this was his forge, and the ingredients his metal.

The Keg
Time 17:03 – Weather: Dawn is setting, getting chilly outside

Hestia
2i532mI.png

She nodded at his explanations. They sounded reasonable enough. She was also tactical enough not to mention the East Empire part...

Amika
tKIaNLP.jpg

Her daughter was slightly less tactical. “You were an East Empire slave before this?” She spoke out, before realising how insensitive that might be. “Ah, sorry, you don't have to say.”

“Put... inn? Friar?” She wasn't able to keep all that much. Well, for what it was worth. “If these take off, you'd be welcome to keep trying here and sell your food here! I'd be a win-win for both of us.” Having exotic food like this was sure to bring in a lot of customers, so even if she'd let him take the lion's share of the profits on food, she'd still make an increased profit on drinks.

Either way, that was a matter for later. For now, she'd nod at his request. “Don't worry, I'm sure we'll get folk to try them.” “Me too!” Amika added.

On the topic of trying... Guests started flowing in. Three of them stood out more than others.

Saffron
CxaEjvf.png

Exactly 3 minutest past 17:00, the general store's closing time plus the time it took to travel to the tavern, Saffron walked into the building. She was like a completely different person compared to how she'd been in the store, looking cheerful and excited to see what was going down. “Alright! I have arrived! Show me the goods, mister chef!” She called out to Todo.

Ethel
4y1K4G5.png

Another person headed in, wearing a full knight's outfit. She too, called out to Todo, after barging into the kitchen and pointing a challenging finger at him. “Thou presence in mine town hath not gone unnoticed! Thy swine! Thy shalt show me thine purpose, for I, Ethel, Guardian of Life and Defender of Stonewall, shalt judge thee and thy creations!”

Gobán
Hpu0Btm.png

A little while later, a third man walked in. A tall and gruff looking man. He set down near the bar, with a nod towards Hestia, who poured him a large dark looking ale. “Good evening, Gobán, would you like to try some of our new food items as well?” She'd ask him, upon he'd give a grunt. “Hm.” To which Hestia smiled. “One more fries and burgers coming up!”

Todo

"Three huh? Will be happy to..." he considered the knight for a moment, she entered his domain now... "My Lady you are tracking dirt in the kitchen, wait at the bar and I shall have your food ready for you soon." He brushed the floor with a broom at her heels, ousting her with the straw implement. (Domestic C? Does that give one knight sweeping power?)

"Now! Straight to it!"

His work was simply, three burger patties on the skillet, he greased it with butter before hand and would occasionally flip them, making certain they were done with a knife and even on both sides, a lovely browning that he also gave to the bread he would be useing, turning them into a lovely toast with just the slightest bit of butter on it before toasting to make a nice taste.

The ingredients he selected the freshest of the bunch, he would of course handle the fries as well, utilizing a small strainer he would set the fries to... fry. Silently, he considered what things he could probably find an enchanter to help with, a self heatting fryer would make for a good even cooking. The tomato ketchup was simple, but he had time to whip up some mayo as well.

Skill utilized, Domestic C.

Special ingredient added.

Love and Hope.

"Orders up, hot and ready!" He called out, arranging the plates for the three.

The Keg
Time 17:20 – Weather: Dawn is setting, getting chilly outside

Ethel
4y1K4G5.png

She puffed up her cheeks. “Doest thou insult me and mine as being dirty!?! Thou hath better deliver unto me a miracle, or thou shalt regreth thy words!” With those words, the left the kitchen, almost being swiped out along with any dirt she'd brought in.

As Hestia and Amika carried over the plates, the moment of truth arrived.

Saffron
CxaEjvf.png

“Hmmm...” She took a bite or two out of the burger, then set it aside. “Nope~ Don't like it, too meaty. Sorry chef, I tried.” Perhaps it was her flavour of Fae ancestry or a personal trait, but she'd never been too big on meat. This dish was great, except for the meat... which was most of the dish. A real shame. However! “These yellow-ish things are great though! Can I get more of those? Oh, oh, and more of that red and white sauce!” The fries, even though they were fried sub-optimal (you'd have to double-fry to get them crisp if they're from a fresh potato and doing so in a normal pan would not give the greatest results), were a big hit with her.

Ethel
4y1K4G5.png

“Thou dishshes...” she started, with a mouth full after having eaten half the burger and having at least a handful of fries still in her mouth “hath been...” she swallowed, but took another bite rather than talking, getting condiments all over her face... “accepteth! Thy shalt...” she finally swallowed before speaking “be granted honourable presence in Stonewall! Thou hath earned mine respect, but I shalt expect thee to continue to deliver thy nutrients onto me!” It seemed like she was asking for another serving.

Gobán
Hpu0Btm.png

He ate in silence. His features not displaying a whole lot of emotions. However, when he'd finished it, he nodded. “Good.” He spoke, which turned a few heads. Gobán, dedicating an entire word to praising this dish? That mean he must've loved almost as much as his daughter and son-in-law! That was madness! He didn't seem as eager about the fries though, but still, for him to love the burger as much as to spent a word on it? Yes, Todo would likely be the talk of town tomorrow.

Todo

"Hmm... two yes, one no. too meaty?' he began to rustle up something in the back, the fries were a hit but as the disembodied narrator said, they needed a better fryer to be certain...

..Hmm?

What?

No he said nothing your dreaming.

"Understood, Amika! Put miss Saffron's burger on me, I think I may have something for replacement." he was not a man to turn a customer away with something lesser... But.. he did have an idea... He would fry it well this time as he concocted up another simple yet pleasant course. Lettuce, onions, smaller cherry tomatos with cheese shavings, he got some of the bread together with the herbs and gave the broken apart pieces a toasting in a herbal dressing.. croutons.. best he could in truth, he had to make a better recipe for it later, but worked good enough.. After a small taste test.

As for the fryer, he breaded onion rings and put them on earlier, by now, he fryed them once more. getting it just right, once again with a taste test of one to check consistency. he sent them out. Finally he would mixmayonnaise with the dried herbs in the cupboard, after abit of testing.. he got it, a salad dressing analog.

Onion rings and a salad. Shipped out to Miss Saffron.

"Hopefully this shall be more to your liking. If you don't mind the switch." he regarded the leafy greens and lovely smells from the platter happily. "It's my duty towards customer satisfaction, salad and fried onion rings." he had brought out the platter himself, eager to put the happy voices to faces.

The Keg
Time 17:20 – Weather: Dawn is setting, getting chilly outside

Saffron
CxaEjvf.png

She was a bit surprised when she heard the food might be free. “Oh, no, don't worry, that's alright! Not everything new can be a good thing, right?” To her surprise, that's not where it would end up, as what she got next was rather surprising. She held an onion ring and stared at it... “Calamari..?” That was her best guess. The thing they likely ate a lot in a place like Crustaton. However, upon his statement, she was even more surprised. “Onion..?” As she bit into it, she realised it was indeed onion. It was a shock and a half. He might've said it, sure, but still. “Oh my, I didn't think something so simple could be that nice~” She said, as she went for the salad next. It was basic, except for one thing. “What did you do with this bread...? It's rather lovely!” Actually no, there were two things different. “I also like the dressing stuff, it's a lot more wild than you'd expect on a simple salad~” She clapped her hands together. “Thank you chef, that was great~”

Ethel
4y1K4G5.png

“You! Tell me the secrets of thy craft!” Ethel commanded, as Todo came into view.

Gobán
Hpu0Btm.png

Gobán just greeted Todo with a nod, as he started on his ale.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back