• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Graded [Clockhaven City] Blood and Steam

7E34647D-185C-46A4-986F-E90DB0F2A3E0-2.png

The witch would quickly bite her tongue upon Sophia’s risen claw, putting both of her hands over her own mouth. “Oops!”

Then to Morana who couldn’t seem to quit making her displeasure known and certainly heard. “What? She whined, “I’m just.. happy about going on a train ride! It’s not like we have trains back at the Empire!!”

Scylla put a hand under her own cheek, she was quite amused by Sverre, “Hammer em’ good indeed!” She repeated, with a bit of a smirk. “Oh. We’re going to make a great team Mr.S! You just wait and see!” When the construct couldn’t recall any further memories, she shrugged, “That’s okay, thank you for trying though! Oh and no, i dont mean for you to NEVER use your weapon. That would be so cruel of me! It seem’s you two are quite the affair!” She giggled, but then Sverre asked a peculiar question. “You know, that would be indeed quite cruel wouldnt it?” She thought about it for a moment, “I suppose if we ever find yourself in a fight against them, you, being the big boss would certainly have the means to sway their judgement wouldn’t you?” She sighed, with a bit of a frown however, “Although, sometimes things don’t go as planned. In which case, i’d want you to be free to do as you wish there and then. A true leader wouldn’t require any one under them to go against their hearts truest decision.”

She quickly decided to lighten things up however, “As a matter of a fact..” She pulled her hat off her head to reveal her book of dead names. “..you could say i do have a spell book under there!”

She turned to look at Kalina who had made a request, “Hey uh.. “ she rubbed her still reddened cheek, “..that might not be the brightest idea.” She chuckled nervously, looking at Shion, timidly.

zzzShion1.png
"You also prefer the woods? A man after my own heart, I must say." Shion chuckled in reply to Cayde once their mental conversation was over. She was going to say something else, but then Kalina and Iberis approached with their request to pet Shion's tail in the most...formal fashion she'd ever heard in her life. She stared blankly at the two of them for a time, she...she really didn't know what to say to that. It was so absurd to be so formal, she wasn't royalty, she wasn't anyone special, and yet...she couldn't help but let out a good laugh for a few moments.

"I-I'll try-" Shion managed to spout to Cayde as he stepped away while she caught her breath, Kalina's approach seemed to brighten Shion's mood considerably as she wiped a tear out of her eye.

"I-I'm sorry, Chandra, Iberis, that was just...so unexpected. I assure you, there is no need to treat me so formally." She was still gathering herself, shaking her head a moment as she slowly exhaled through her mouth. She heard Scylla's retort behind her, and she glanced over her shoulder.

"Well my dear Scylla, they asked. And as long as they don't squeeze my tail," Shion turned her attention back to the two in front of her with a smile. "I'd be happy to let you...how did you put it...I'd be happy to let you feel the heavenly sensation of mine fur."

Shion walked past the two women and took a seat near them with enough room for them to sit on either side of her. She adjusted herself for a moment as her tail swept in front of her and gently settled upon her lap. It seemed more flexible than a typical canine's, but it was also not as fluid as a cat's, being somewhere in the middle. Being displayed so welcomingly now it was a lot more obvious just how big Shion's tail was. It was long enough to touch the ground with ease if Shion wasn't standing at her full height, and the fur was thick enough around it the size of the actual tail underneath was hard to discern. It matched her ears exactly though, brown with a white tuft at the tip.

"Come on then, you have my permission." She beckoned both of them to her with a smile.

Train Wagon
Widersia – Capital – Clockhaven – Train Between Clockhaven & Scrapyard – Wagon Interior
Time: 14:55 Weather Cloudy, getting darker
387be84e-d9d3-4f37-984a-e1e51cf60d1e.webp
Mentions: Iberis TheTimePiece TheTimePiece | Cayde The Last Curse The Last Curse | Scylla RavenSong RavenSong | Shion Sharena Sharena | Sophia Silent Angel Silent Angel

Chandra Jarmil

Kalina couldn't help take not of how well Iberis responded. Far more so than expected. Whatever worries she might've had about coming off to strong in one way or another vanished in an instant. She had one more cuddly witch to make her undead heart feel like it was beating again. Upon seeing Iberis a little disappointed, she couldn't help add one thing; “Don't worry, you've more than earned your right to cuddle again whenever you want~” She'd whisper with a wink, before heading to the tail business.

She gave a smile at Scylla's warning. “Unlike those who came before me, I shall treat the divine fur with the utmost respect~” She declared, teasing Scylla about her screw-up trying to squeeze it prior.

That's when she heard Shion's laughter. That was good~ Being able to make her laugh would probably be impossible if Shion really thought of her as a danger. She doubted Shion was able to act this well either, so it must be genuine. “Ma'am, it would be my utmost honour~” She replied to being granted permission.

That meant it was business time next! She gently started by pushing the hairs on the tip of the tail down a little, to see where hair strands ended and 'tail' started. With how big and fluffy it was, it was quite impressive, all things considered. “Wow...” She muttered, knowing what she was getting herself into, yet still being surprised by it. Besides, it was just about every bit as soft and thick as she imagined it might be. She gently ran her hands down the fur, brushing past it to enjoy the softness of it. Honestly, it was probably a good thing Shion sat down, otherwise she might've gotten a bit lost and would've ran her hands down all the way up to the base of the tail, which was luckily prevent right now. True, it was the only confirmed 'no-no' of squeezing, but brushing up that far likely might start up its own implications.

“Iberis, I think we have located one of the most pleasant-to-the-touch things in existence. We should be sure to record it into the annals of history~” She concluded, but not before ensure that Iberis wasn't too shy to get to experience this fluffiness to its fullest as well, guiding Iberis' hands with her own if needed.

That said, it was time to get serious as well. She leaned in a bit to whisper to Shion. “Thank you.” She'd start. “Both for helping me in the factory earlier, as well as for not judging me. I'm not sure how much you figured out, but I promise I'll ensure that any trust you put in me won't be misplaced. My real reason for being here is to see if these Vampire Hunters know more about my condition and perhaps how to cure it, although it's a gamble.” The last bit was the most condensed version of events, but she didn't have the time or luxury to explain more.

Before long, she'd have to break off the tail-petting, albeit with a bit of effort. Truth be told, it'd started with mild curiosity after seeing Scylla go for it, turned into a challenge after seeing Scylla get snarled at, but now was something she actually turned out to enjoy more than she figured she would. “Thank you for having graced us with this heavenly opportunity, my hands shall forever tingle with spark of divinity they felt today~” She figured she might as well wrap this up in style.

As she moved a bit to sit a bit more comfortable, she was surprised by Sophia instantly jumping onto her lap. She didn't even really say anything, as Sophia wordlessly ended up leaning back into her. After the initial confusion, however, Kalina realised what she might've done wrong. It was bad. “Did I make you feel left out..? I'm sorry. I'm sure Iberis will like getting hugs from you as well, although she might need to get used to your arm and hand type. I doubt Shion would mind though, I'm sure she'll let you pet her tail as well, for as long as you don't squeeze it. Do you want me to ask them for you?” That was the conclusion that Kalina had gotten to. Actually, there was a second option. Perhaps Sophia wanted to be petted as well? She didn't have hair like a sheep's pelt or a furry tail but... Come to think of it, there was one thing Kalina wondered. She'd put her hands on Sophia's shoulders and gently started pushing into them a little in a massage-like manner. She honestly hadn't ever done such a thing, so she had no clue what she was doing and mostly just made sure not to push too hard for comfort. Still, she'd grown curious to see if Sophia's four arms also meant that she had four shoulders or if that was somehow combined into one double-shoulder on each side. What better way was there to both answer that question and help Sophia feel less left-out than by simply checking it with her own hands?

Mr.S
lTkTkAG.jpg

“Y'err a good sort, miss purple.” Mr.S concluded. “Indeed, indeed, me and ma hammer... I can't recall what we be doing exactly, but I recall we be doing lots and lots. She be me trusted companion, that she be!” Even with his memories screwed up as they were, he knew his hammer was special to him and the fact that Scylla recognised that was wonderful. Too few people understood the bond between a man construct and his hammer.

He was relieved to hear he could make his own decision, should he face his men. “Thank ya, miss purple. I'll be doing what I'll be doing then. Although I don't remember a lot of ma men, so I don't know if they be remembering me... it be weird. Me noggin' be weird, them be... them be dead? I don't know, miss purple.” He clearly wasn't convinced he'd be able to talk to them.

He jaw fell open, literally, when she pulled a spell-book out of her had. It fell open with some creaking in fact, perhaps not entirely intended, as he had to use his hands to shove it back into place. “That be amazing, miss purple!” He replied, the moment he got his jaw back in place.

Morana
HWvrQTS.jpg

“Empire?” Morana questioned, upon hearing Scylla mention it in her apologies. “West or East? You should be aware all state employers are told to be on the look-out for potential spies form the East Empire or The See.” The last sounded only a little bit like a threat.

Her words for Sophia weren't the nicest either, albeit more cryptic. “Shame, were so close to understanding.” Her toneless voice was even more toneless than usual, as if trying to hide whether this was said in regret, anger or something else altogether. With Sophia ignoring her further, she decided to ignore her as well, turning to Cayde instead.

“With all due respect, sir. I'm not good at defending. I normally make sure kill and destroy before I even need to and I'd like to have your permission to do so as well right now, should we run into hostilities.“ She was trying to push him a little to give her some sort-off free pass for violence, perhaps. Either that, or she truly concerned about being unable to defend and needing to focus solely on being offensive.

“Once again, with all due respect, sir. I'd rather not say. Perhaps, however, you can answer me on our return journey. Should it be... understandable, I might say why the question matters to me. Would that be acceptable?” She asked, trying to find the mid-point of duty to the one she was assigned to and freedom to refuse.

It wasn't long after, however, that the train stopped.

SCRAPYARD – LAST STATION. PLEASE LEAVE THE TRAIN AND MAKE SURE NOT TO FORGET YOUR BELONGINGS. A robotic sounding voice announced through the train, as the doors swept open.

All things considered, it was surprising this place even had a station. It was absolutely desolate, besides the many piles of scrap metal. A few smaller tracks of rails let from the station further into the scrapyard, one of which seemed to be in relative recent usage. Following that one, the group soon found themselves at their destination.

Cayde (Perception E, Survival E, Nature D) noticed it first. Between the piles of scrap, unnatural movements. Something that was starting to 'awaken' upon their arrival.

Iberis [Necromancy Almanac] would sense it. Undead were around here. The [monster] monster variant, the unreasonable, lifeless husks that were either controlled by someone or that were simply out to kill and destroy.

Shion would soon smell them (Heightened Sense Smell F, Perception F, Survival F). The unnatural stench of death and decay. Unmasked, unfiltered and somehow moving around.

The other three (Kalina, Scylla, Sophia) would be clueless, although even they would notice there was an ominous atmosphere in this area.

Morana
HWvrQTS.jpg

“Sir, permission to go after the five to our right?” Morana asked, her glazed out eyes having lit up whilst she'd observed the area. It was unclear just how much of them she'd seen, but presumable it was a fair bit.

Mr.S
lTkTkAG.jpg

“Them... Them's be me men... ain't them be?” Sverre asked, although it seemed like it was more a 'gut feeling' than that he could see or notice them as clearly as the others.

OOC – This next scene will start combat. Basic rules apply;
1 – No more than 3 actions per turn. (Actions include things like [move], [defend], [attack], [ability]). Only one turn per round.
2 – The map is small enough to cross about half of it in a single [move] action. Crossing all of it takes 2 move actions. Going through or into the 'scrap' will require an ability/skill to avoid falling or to take up an extra [move] action.
3 – Keep track of Cooldowns when using abilities. Abilities with Duration don't go on Cooldown unless the Duration is cancelled and/or runs out.
4 – State which number of 'zombie' (or zombies) you're attacking clearly, to keep things more manageable. Attacks using higher grade stats/items/skills behind them are stronger, using multiple [target] options on a single enemy makes the attack stronger as well, teaming up and/or creative writing can give additional benefits.
5 – Morana's actions can be decided by Cayde's posts. Sverre's actions can be decided by Scylla's posts.
6 – Missing a round will assume the character merely defends themselves to the best of their ability for that round.
7 – Ask questions more often than not. This isn't meant to be a combat-heavy RP, so I'd rather talk things through where needed instead of going strictly through all possible mechanics and rules.

Scrapyard 1
Widersia – Capital – Clockhaven Outskirts– Scrapyard
Time: 15:15 Weather Cloudy, getting darker
Tz3ubux.jpg
Full Zombie Image and Map Source:

Last edited:
7E34647D-185C-46A4-986F-E90DB0F2A3E0-2.png

Scylla was quite confident that the fox would give both Kalina and enyone else a wonderful slap to the face! She snickered for a bit as they interacted but then, the fox turned to look at her. To much of her astonishment, the fox was ACTUALLY okay with it! “W-what did you say?!” She said, her voice quickly raising in pitch, “B-but.. you.. i just-“ Then Shion assumed her own petting position, “You cant be serious!? No fair!” Scylla whined, as she almost reached out to the two about to pet Shion. “I.. i don’t care.” She said finally, crossing her arms and looking away. But secretly, and also quite rare for the witch, she was secretly SEETHING.

Whatever lovliness the others were experiencing, Scylla decided to just tune it all out!

Then Morana seemed to interrogate her, Scylla simply crossed her legs on her seat, arms still crossed. “If you must know, i’m from the West Empire, a small town named Ambershore. And OF COURSE you would suspect im a spy! Pffft! Why do you hate me so much Morana!? Nevertheless you owe your gunpowder to my wonderful nation!” She seemed to shrink however, “Although, i haven’t been back home since i was but a wee little girl. I wonder how much has changed.” She said curiously with an index finger on her bottom lip. “No matter! Oh, and about the See and the East, i’ve heard a few rumors here and there. In fact, i thought that’s where Auldrich would have sent me.” She shrugged again, “Oh well. I suppose the war about to break out over there will just have to wait. But from what i’ve heard. My oh my, its turning out to be the greatest calamity of our time!” She giggled, “I’ve said too much.”

“Awww, Mr.S!” Scylla said, lightly blushing, “Now aren’t you just as sweet as pecan pie!” Scylla was quite attuned to flattery, “About your hammer, i’m sure whatever it is will certainly come back to you. I just.. know it.”

When the constructs jaw dropped, she couldn;t help but burst out laughing, barely grabbing the book balancing on her head. She’d lean forward, holding her stomach as she quivered in amusement. “Woo! Woo!! Okay, that was.. so funny.. no more! Hehehe!”

Once her laughing storm was over,

“Dead you say?” She said with a bit of a grin. “Well, you’ve come to the right witch!”

She’d reveal the book in her hands, “This my sweet-muffin friend! Is the Almanac.” She voice turning to that of a spooky campfire story narrator, “Don’t ask how i came upon this tome, but i will say this!” She brought a hand over her mouth only revealing her eyes, “It’s not from this world!” She faked a cackle, mimicking the sound of thunder with her voice albeit not very good. “Scary huh?” She said, breaking character, “No but in all seriousness, maybe this book can tell us more about how your friends died. Well, if they’re dead of course!”

Once the train arrived at the Scrapyard, Scylla looked around, "Uhm.. are we.." She looked back as the doors of the train closed, "..at the right place?" Before long they soon followed some strange tracks and shortly after that their destination. Scylla's legs began to lock up, "Uhm, I'm not scared." then looking at the others, "Anyone scared?" However she wouldn't falter and continue to lead at the front.

When the strange robotic zombies awakened, she would be one of the last to notice. "WHOA! It's.. a zombie!" She said pointing, "Oh! I know just the little witch who would know what to do!" She peeked back at Iberis with a wink.

That left just once last thing to discover, she'd use the Almanac on the zombies. [Action 1]

Almanac of the Dead - A book that was taken from the dead body of Cytha, an undead fairy that was killed by Arthur. Twice. This book allows information on anyone that is killed, their life story and who they are. - A book found within Inquiry's Fall that looks like it will fall apart at a single touch. The Souls of the Damned go through this book, taking their life and plastering it in an honest biography of who they are to any eyes willing to sin and stare at what should not be read.

After that, she'd raise her staff, a billowing gust would suddenly envelop the witch as a bright yellow ball of lightning was focused into form, parts of it were unstable, sending lightning arcs about the place before setting the shocking attack at the nearest zombie who would get close to the party, effectively immobilizing it. [Action 2]

• Static Shock - Magic affinity E - Lightning Affinity F - Duration Magic F - Incapacitating Affinity F - Energized E - Focus E Super charges the air around a target, paralyzing the victim. - Grade E - 1 Cooldown

Morana's reassertion on staying aggressive made Cayde's shoulders tense. It was great that she was giving her own input, but something about preferring to kill and destroy felt off. A bit too bloodthirsty. Or... perhaps he was just overthinking things again? After all this walking and talking, maybe she just wanted a little action? He couldn't blame her for that. A little fight always made things a bit more interesting. "If you insist. Go ahead, do your thing," Cayde assured, reclining into his seat. Morana's following words were a bit more comforting. He'd learn more about her - later. Fantastic. "That would be acceptable, Morana. Thank you," He picked himself up as the train stopped. "Just grab me whenever you're ready. Your choice."

Entering the Scrapyard, Cayde's perception caught it immediately. Something creeping in the piles of scrap metal. A foreboding presence hanging thick in the air. It felt strangely familiar. "I'm not scared..." He told Scylla, his voice no higher than a murmur, "But... kinda reminds me a little bit of the swamp..." He clicked his tongue as the memory came flooding back. Abha. The boggarts. His leadership. That 'valiant' charge. The confusion. Thinking of it now, made him squirm. It couldn't go that way again.

As the thought drifted away, Cayde's eyes locked onto a zombie. He did a double-take. Chima was right. They were more metal than flesh. That could've complicated things. "Alright, Morana, keep close. Try to take care of whoever's on the front lines. We'll cover you," He said, turning to the group, "Might be more of them around here. We've got the range, so we should fight defensively. Stay close. Let them come to us. If you see them start bunching up, call it out," He turned to Shion and Sverre, "If you want, you guys can stay in our flanks and watch if any try to get in behind us. Otherwise, you can do whatever you think is necessary." Finally, his eyes swept over to the closest zombie, utilizing [Bestiary Bookworm - D] to search them for exploitable weaknesses and any unseen capabilities they may have.

• Bestiary Bookworm - Medicine D, Perception E, Nature D Survival E, Arcana E, Focus E - After spotting a creature, Cayde can recall useful information on its strengths, weaknesses, supernatural capabilities, and typical behavior. Currently works on creatures of C-grade and lower - Grade D - 2 post cooldown

Kalina's words made Iberis feel good to say the least, being told that something which made her feel comfortable and safe..plus show her affection to someone who she did deeply care about did make her feel considerably better, particularly in trying times like these. In addition Shion's reaction was rather cute in Iberis's mind too. She was quite pleased to see the positive reaction to their less than orthodox inquiry. While Iberis did take her place on the side of Shion where she had located herself, Iberis was more reserved, perhaps just inexperienced with the notion. She did hear the protesty whine from Scylla not long after Shion had given them permission which did make her feel a bit bad, but regardless, Kalina was undeterred and so was Iberis.

Thankfully Kalina was there to help guide her a bit in where to feel, so Iberis followed by example, and depending perhaps got a bit of guidance as she gently reached out and put her hand against the closest of Shion's tails and gingerly began to feel the end of it. Iberis's face lit up upon the realization of how soft and thick it felt.

"Oh..Shion, Thank you! They feel really amazing hah, I'm not sure what I was expecting but I can definitely say I appreciate my curiosity being sated, and I hope that, I'm doing an okay job of it, I can't say I'm that experienced with this sort of thing.." Her joyful intial high with her eyes lighting up becoming a bit more bashful yet again.

She then turned to Chandra nodding, "Definitely I'll have to archive this experience for the academy library." She replied playfully with a bit of a giggle toward the end at the very notion. Truthfully Iberis hadn't felt this pleased in quite some time. By the time Chandra was disengaging with Shion, Iberis followed suit, giving a smile toward Shion as she withdrew to a more neutral sitting position simply next to Shion.

Mr.S's conversation and Morana's comments were interesting enough to listen to now that her attention wasn't so fixed on Shion. She didn't have too much to say on either conversation since they didn't really concern her. Morana clearly had opinions which she felt the need to express, and Scylla wasn't the most pleased with Morana's judgments. Cayde on the other hand seemed like he was able to handle the situation well in Iberis's opinion. Then there was the fact that Scylla showed the book she got which Iberis hadn't seen in quite some time, perhaps it would be useful as she mentioned.
----

It wasn't too long before they were at the last stop apparently and Iberis immediately could tell that there were undead all around largely thanks to what Auldlich had bestowed upon her. As the group got out and Iberis heard Scylla ask if anyone was scared, Iberis was inclined to agree with Cayde.

"All things considered where we went to that one place that one time..it was much worse than this. Granted that doesn't mean that I'm not concerned about our well being, we need to address this strategically." She did however give Scylla a bit of a smile at the wink, giving her a nod that she understood what she meant, Iberis was most definitely the one for the task realistically if anyone was to just take a look at one of her legs and see how it wasn't quite like the rest of her anymore.

Beings like these were no longer particularly scary to Iberis not after all she had seen thanks to Auldlich, there had been much more horrifying things there, from the whole dimension shifting around with horrors, this felt tame by comparison.
If there was one she could get a visual on, she'd tap into her [Necromancy Almanac] title to see if she'd uncover any information that she could understand about them since they counted as undead.

"Cayde's right it'd be better for us to stay close and let them come to us rather than getting tangled up in this landscape, we're outnumbered too, so I think to reduce our chances of getting split up and ganged up on this is the right move."

"I'm gonna try to hit some of the closer ones with a debuff to make follow up attacks safer when they advance."
Iberis communicated to the rest of the group before she started up her ability, she started speaking quietly in a tongue that Auldlich had shown her earlier, as her eyes intensified with her focus, she then tapped her staff on the ground when she came near the end of the chant lines, using Curse of Weakness D on any undead she could catch in a 50 ft radial around her.

Actions:
1 & 2:
Curse of Weakness
- Magic Affinity D, Curse Affinity F, Selective Magic E, Drain (Strength) E Magic Area of Effect E, Magic Range E, Spell Duration E, Energized D, Focus D
Iberis curses desired targets through a maliciously magic imbued chant in a 50 ft radial AOE around her afflicting them with a curse of weakness lowering their strength stat by two grades for one day. - Grade D - 1 Post Cooldown (Energized), 2 Actions (Drain)

Last edited:
Sophia Smith

sample-e25e620a4ac0f2f48f2b6f686977373b.png

Sophia leaned back into Kalina, quickly shaking her head when the question was asked. "No, I wasn't feeling left out. Just the cyborg chick asking stupid questions and I need your lap so I don't punch her in her metal jaw." She sighed, tilting her head up to look up at Kalina. "Also I might have threatened her if she brings up a certain topic again, so... yeah, me and her aren't getting along too well."

Too soon after she sat, they arrived at their destination. She hopped off the lap, heading out of the train, her eyes glancing around as they walked. However, soon she was faced by their enemy that reminded her a bit too much of a certain excursion, instantly putting her on edge. She gripped her crossbow, quickly putting in one of her special bolts. She lifted up her crossbow, firing off a [High Powered Heavy Bolt - B rank] at one of the zombies before loading in a magic imbued arrow, firing a [Magic Embued Arrows - C rank] at another. As she did so, she said, "I'm assuming this was caused by the vampire. What an annoyance." She moved forward, standing in the front line as she asked, "Think they can cause others to change like the last ones, Chandra?"

zzzShion1.png
As Chandr partook in petting Shion's tail, the blush on the kitsune's cheeks returned rather quickly. A soft purr escaped her lips as she felt her entire body relax. Did Scylla say something? Maybe, her senses were much more focused on her present enjoyment than anything else. After a moment she was able to register Chandra's words to her. Her eyes began to glow once more, any attempt to hide it this time was not even considered.

"Chandra, it's me." Shion locked her glowing eyes with the disguised vampire's as she spoke [Telepathically] with her. "If you can believe what you're hearing is real right now, then know I saw both sides of your episode earlier. I am...deeply sorry for what happened to you, in your past life and being here. I didn't have siblings, but...know that my thoughts of you have no changed. Even if I desperately want to tease you for having nothing to fear with me...well, our company isn't fit for-" Shion's thoughts were cut off as Iberis joined in, and her mind and lips were in sync as she purred a bit louder this time.

"That feels so nice...no one's pet my tail since..." Shion's mood didn't worsen, but she seemed to stall her words. She went silent, a small sound of pleasantry escaping her every now and then as she didn't speak again until both of them finished. Before she could say anything Sophia planted herself firmly into Chandra's lap. Shion regained her composure and smiled at Chandra before turning her attention to Iberis.

"I'm happy it was a pleasant experience for you, too, Iberis. You're welcome to do it again so long as you ask." Shion said with a warm smile to her as her tail whipped out and ended up landing on Iberis' lap! Shion chuckled a moment. "S-sorry, my own happiness made me forget myself for a moment. That really did help me, even if a small amount."

Shion let Iberis enjoy the warmth of her tail until their stop arrived.

--

Shion could smell the stench of death once they stepped out of the train. She recoiled in disgust for a moment before her ears stood up straight as she went on high alert. She clasped her hands together for a moment before her eyes widened. Right...I likely can't summon my spear...damnit. She could hear the others preparing themselves, hearing Cayde's suggestion and agreeing with it for the time being. She nodded to him.

"I'm on it Cayde, I'll keep a close eye on them. Sadly I'm unable to access ranged magic at this moment. I'll keep you all safe as best I can still." Shion informed her compatriots before glancing to the back of the group. "Stay close to me, Iberis."

Shion slid into a stance that could be best described as feral grace, legs spreading apart, elbows bent, hands opened as if she had claws, eyes sharpening. She'd felt her lack of power ever since she arrived here, but now that she had adversaries in front of her, it became blatantly obvious to her just how little she felt she could do here. No matter, she'd simply make due with what she did have.

Shion remains at the ready, magical energy building around her hands to defend against incoming attackers with [Non-Elemental Slashes F].
F Grade CD's (0/0) Non-Elemental Slash - Magic F - Until Shion regains more of her capabilities, the best she can do in combat is conjure nonelemental energy to lash out at enemies in front of her. - Grade F - 0 Post Cooldown

Last edited:
Scrapyard 2
Time: 15:15 Weather Cloudy, getting darker
DZZGhr5.png
Mentions: Iberis TheTimePiece TheTimePiece | Cayde The Last Curse The Last Curse | Scylla RavenSong RavenSong | Shion Sharena Sharena | Sophia Silent Angel Silent Angel

Scylla would learn a few basic things through Almanac of the Dead. There were 24 zombies in total that got their book entries. Their ages ranged from just 21 to 67. All of them had been average citizens, mostly Humans, a few of them Elves or Dwarves and the odd Halfling mixed in. They'd all worked under Marshall Sverre as a branch of the Widersia's Law Enforcement. That was about all Scylla could grasp, as trying to take in more details would take up far more time than she had right now.

Cayde's Bestiary Bookworm showed him that these were very 'plain' and simple. They'd been resurrected without clear reason or instruction, merely aiming to kill whatever got near. It was unlikely for them to have any level of cooperation or strategy. However, they were sturdy, for their bodies had been intermingled with metal parts. He didn't have specific knowledge on the metal parts, but would be able to guess that they'd been resurrected whilst still wearing some sort of combat suits and had come out as an odd mixture of undead/construct by getting mixed up with their own suits becoming part of their risen bodies. Other than that, there seemed no specific weakness or strength to them, nor any supernatural capabilities. In fact, it didn't seem like they would even be able to regenerate, suggesting it was indeed necromancy rather than vampirism that affected them.

Iberis' Necromancy Almanac gave her a bit less of a clear picture, but did make her understand that these were resurrected without clear purpose, mindless husks aiming to attack whatever happened to get near. They were fairly tough, but not particularly strong and didn't seem to have regenerative or special abilities to them.

Morana
HWvrQTS.jpg

She was about to rush in, hoping for permission, but felt like she got pulled back like a dog on a leash when Cayde told her to stick close. “Affirmative.” She said, although it was clear she didn't like it by how eager she seemed to just jump at the enemy. Having been granted permission to go full-offensive only to be told to stay close wasn't to her liking, that much was sure. Still, she obeyed. First she ended up [action 1: moving] just enough ahead to intercept a zombie. Still, she had to [action 2: wait] The moment she was able to strike at it, the gears on her combat arm spinning wildly, she slashed straight through Zombie #12 like it was butter. Traces of poison and acid could be seen from the zombie's remains, likely being what allowed her to cut through despite them being rather tough. Meanwhile, Zombie #11 and Zombie #13 were enclosing on her position as well.

Considering Scylla didn't have Range on this ability, she needed to cast it at close range to get the desired effects. Luckily enough, she was able to [move] (taking narrative freedom to say she used the unused action for it, benefit of this not being a World RP) and still have [Focus E] to cast her spell on one of the zombies that were heading for Morana. Zombie #11 was successfully paralysed and some of the rotten flesh seemed a little fried from it, whilst some of the metal parts got damaged, yet it'd take more than that to take it down. Also, thanks to the ability being energised, it'd be usable again the next round (energised E grades go from 1 post CD to 0 post CD, so 1 per round).

Mr.S
lTkTkAG.jpg

Scylla didn't give Mr.S any orders and Mr.S didn't have Cayde registered as a superior, so for now, he decided to await further instruction. Besides, seeing his men like this... It didn't feel good. It made him feel... sad? But also... angry? As he was watching them, his head started to hurt as well. Were those... things he tried to erase? He clenched his hands around his hammer as he [waited] for all three actions.

Iberis' Curse of Weakness spread around her and was big enough to cover many of the zombies heading for them. Only the ones further off (#20-#24) got spared from it. The rest of the incoming wave all had its strength drained by the young witch. This also had one big, possibly unintended benefit. Some of the mindless zombies had been trying to get to them whilst ploughing through the scrap. Having a considerable amount of their strength drained meant that zombies #14-#19 as well as #6 and #7 had a lot more trouble going through the scrap and wouldn't reach the main group in this round and perhaps not in the next one either.

Coming at the group the fastest were zombies #1-#5, with #8-#10 either following suit or being mindless enough to run into the scrap after #6 and #7 later.

That's when Sophia decided to show off her craftsmanship and marksmanship. (Considering no specific number zombie is stated, I'll assume it'll be the closest.) She shot straight into zombie #1 and could see her [High Powered Heavy Bolt] brute-force it sway through the zombie until it stopped moving and fell down. The zombie behind it, #3, wasn't much luckier as it got hit by a bolt only slightly weaker. Its enchanted properties and force were enough to permanently stop this undead from moving as well.

As Sophia was about to ask Kalina about the zombies, however, she noticed Kalina was focussing a little too much on something to reply.

Chandra Jarmil

Was it bad that she was a little excited? She felt like this was her chance to see how much stronger she'd gotten and to show off a little. Her friends done a lot for her already, making her feel like she wasn't contributing enough to her own quest. It's why she was eager to prove herself to be useful, somehow for someone like Cayde in particular. She respected him a lot, so she wished to show him her worth. In the end, however, the one she wished to prove herself to the most was herself.

She intended to go all out using her [Precision Strikes B]. Well almost all out. There was one thing she didn't dare to do, which was using the [Vampiric Infection] she'd gotten to understand a while back. After all, her using such a thing would be too much of a risk with Morana and Sverre present and she wasn't even sure if it'd work on undead to begin with.

That said, even without it, she could still show off well enough. For one, she was able to show the [Range C] on her rapier now, being able to strike at zombie #18 through with it cut like butter [Penetrating B] and still had enough force left [Contagion B] to also pierce zombie #16 with enough force to kill it instantly. Without the Vampirc Infection, it wasn't spreading as well to others as otherwise, but being able to down two zombies in a single strike was already a worthy result.

[Action 1] Precision Strike B: – Fighting Style [Specialized] [Precision Strikes] B, Accurate B, Penetrating B, Range C, Contagion B. Character attacks with their fighting style, ignoring 5 grades of speed, 5 grades of armour, reaching 1000ft (304m) and spreading to up to 5 others. - Grade B – 4 Post Cooldown

She wasn't done though, as she could strike more of them. Zombie #15 and #17 were next to go. Even with the attack at lower intensity, the penetrating effects of her rapier rang true, easily getting rid of the two in one strike.

[Action 2] Precision Strike C: – Fighting Style [Specialized] [Precision Strikes] C, Accurate C, Penetrating C, Range C, Contagion C. Character attacks with their fighting style, ignoring 4 grades of speed, 4 grades of armour, reaching 1000ft (304m) and spreading to up to 4 others. - Grade C – 3 Post Cooldown

Finally, she managed to hit only one of them, #7 with her last attack.

[Action 3] Precision Strike D: – Fighting Style [Specialized] [Precision Strikes] D, Accurate D, Penetrating D, Range D, Contagion D. Character attacks with their fighting style, ignoring 3 grades of speed, 3 grades of armour, reaching 100ft (30m) and spreading to up to 3 others. - Grade D – 2 Post Cooldown

Five zombies killed... She felt like that was underwhelming. She'd been wanting to really show off here. Besides, she was completely out of breath right now, breathing heavily despite not even being alive. Had she not paced herself well enough? She clicked her tongue. She still had much to learn, she feared.

Shion was ready to defend, but thanks to the others attacking, defending, slowing and halting the zombies, she would be able to stand by for now.

Kalina
B – 0/4
C – 0/3
D – 0/2

Morana
C Energised - 0/2

Mr.S

Scylla
E - Energised 0/0

Cayde
D - 0/2

Iberis
D - Energised 0/1

Sophia
B - 0/4
C - 0/3

Mithril Windlass Crossbow

Shion
F - 0/0

As his eyes finished scrutinizing a zombie, Cayde quickly reached for his crossbow, setting a broadhead in place. A bit overkill, he thought. But at least it'd be quick. Even if they couldn't exactly suffer in this state, they still deserved that courtesy. "Right behind you, Scylla!" He called, aiming past her at [Zombie #11]. He steadied his breathing and released a [Vital Shot - F] at its head. Hopefully, putting it down for good. "Nice one," He pointed at [Zombie #13], "Trust you can take that one down, too, yeah?" He peered over his shoulders at the others fighting behind him. He'd need to check on them next. "I'm falling back. Do us proud, O' first-in-command!"

With that, Cayde about-faced, hands preparing to ready another bolt. He looked up, briefly witnessing Kalina's, Sophia's, and Iberis' combined efforts. His jaw dropped a little. Where did Iberis learn that spell? How could Sophia shoot those enchanted bolts? And when did Kalina get so good? Her rapier skills in the marsh had already stumped him but this was amazing. "There's isn't going to be any left with you three here," He cheered, "Amazing work!"

His gaze turned to Shion and Sverre next. They were holding up the flank well, though Sverre, in particular, looked lost. Conflicted, even. Maybe that was a good sign? He wondered. It wouldn't hurt to ask. But in the peripherals of his vision, he caught sight of a group of zombies approaching from the right. He remembered Morana calling them out earlier. Perhaps she'd still want to deal with them? "Could you lend us a hand on the right side, Morana? Five're coming our way," He said, before turning to Sverre, "Sverre, how're you feeling? What's on your mind?" He gestured to the area around him, "Is this doing anything for you?"

• Vital Shot - Medicine F, [Fighting Style] F Hotshot F , Nature F, Perception F, Steady Hands F, - After identifying a target, Cayde fires a bolt at their vital body parts - Grade F - 0 post cooldown
Actions:
[1].
[Vital Shot - F] on Zombie #11
[2.] Speak to Sverre

[3.] Ask Morana to attack Zombies #5-10

Iberis Odhir
c1c09798754ff7edcdb17e719dc490d4-1-1-1-1.jpg
Elvario Elvario The Last Curse The Last Curse RavenSong RavenSong Sharena Sharena Silent Angel Silent Angel

Thankfully the fight seemed to be going relatively. favorably to their side. What made these undead hybrids was their sheer numbers rather than individual capability it seemed to Iberis, particularly when they didn't seem to have many resistances that she could spot so far. Of course her curse was going to help make them potentially less dangerous to engage than others would be. In addition it looked like some of them were struggling to move properly on the more difficult landscape after the curse, which was certainly beneficial for them since they were defending, it gave them more time to prepare,

"Sure thing Shion I'll be careful." She replied, deciding to stay close to her, Iberis would position herself between where Chandra and Shion were positioned (on the map), staying back slightly. She wanted there to be open space so that she could fire off some magic shots, she was still experimenting with a lot of the wide area stuff like she just casted, so she felt like she should probably further hone her craft for it, since a lot her early spells were single target. But for now she would work with what she had since her D grade abilities were on cooldown this round.

She took Cayde's praise well with a smile, "Hey just want to let you know that you've been doing great since we first arrived, Cayde." She replied f iguring the very least she could do was return the encouragement. No matter who it came from it almost always made Iberis feel better about herself, with how seldom she had been growing up.

Kalina was decimating things as perusal, and Moarana was making swift work from where she was attacking,, Scylla had been assisting too. Shion threw her metaphorical hat in the ring everyone seemed to be contributing well except for Morana's Ally who appeared to take no action, Iberis was wondering if it was because Scylla hadn't given any orders.

Iberis then opted to use one of her more typical moves, moving her staff in a zig zag motion going for a Energy Bolt E on #6 A red bolt of arcane energy flying from her staff toward it as it struggled thanks to her curse.

Actions: 1. Move up small distance needed to be closer to where Shion and Chandra are on map.
2. Cast Energy Bolt E targeting #6

Energy Bolt- Magic Affinity E Arcane Affinity F, Magic Range F, Magic Targeting F, Energized E, Focus E -A more refined more powerful variation of Mana strike, Iberis sends forth a bolt of energy to strike a single target up to 10 ft away. Grade E - 0 Post Cooldown (Energized)

Iberis CD:
E - Energized 0/0
D - Energized 0/1

Scrapyard 3
Time: 15:16 Weather Cloudy, getting darker
nKQZheN.png

The already weakened Zombie #11 was finished off by Cayde, although Cayde didn't manage to locate its vital point, it wasn't as overkill as he figured it would've been.

Morana
HWvrQTS.jpg

Finally... she was sent where she could have the most fun. “With pleasure.” She replied to Cayde, who directed her to the right flank. The odd metal joints in her legs started bending, as if charging up... then she launched off, flying across the scrap and landing directly in the middle of the group of Zombies to their right. She landed directly atop Zombie #2, combat-arm first, digging her claw straight through it (action 1/2: Move/Jump Attack D) thanks to her claws [penetrate] properties, it was just strong enough to finish off the zombie. However, she'd also caught the attention of the remaining zombies around her. As they turned to close in for her, her arm readjusted, making some clanking noises an hissing steam. A few drops of poison dripped from it, then she unleashed. Twisting her entire body unnaturally, she spun 360 degrees and tore through the flesh, metal and bone of all the zombies around her, killing the group of them. However, it did seem like she'd gone overboard, as she fell to her knees afterwards, having temporarily exhausted herself. The few human parts of her were also sweating profusely, as if she'd gotten even more heated than she'd already been in her former feverish state.

Thanks to Morana taking care of all of those, Iberis was able to sent her Energy Bolt at the next nearest zombie, which was #10. The bolt wounded it, but didn't manage to kill it.

Chandra Jarmil

Kalina, seeing Iberis didn't manage to bring the zombie down and knowing that she was far too out of breath to take one down from scratch, decided to finish off with Iberis had started and aimed a Precision Strike E at Zombie #10 as well, which ended up killing it.

Precision Strike E: – Fighting Style [Specialized] [Precision Strikes] E, Accurate E, Penetrating E, Range E, Contagion E. Character attacks with their fighting style, ignoring 2 grades of speed, 2 grades of armour, reaching 30ft (9m), continuing to deal 1 hp damage for 2 posts and spreading to up to 2 others. - Grade E – 1 Post Cooldown

Mr.S
lTkTkAG.jpg

Mr.S didn't reply to Cayde at first, thinking something through. “Them's... them's not me men. Them's their bodies being desecrated... Imma stop it. Miss Purple told me to do as I wish... so Imma stop it. I wish to stop it.” His fragmented memory had recovered just enough to realise he didn't want this. He didn't want this at all.

He [moved] over, past Scylla, then brought his hammer down upon Zombie #14 with a mighty smash, after which he did the same to Zombie #13 with slightly less strength, but still enough to crush it..

Kalina
B – 1/4
C – 1/3
D – 1/2
E – 0/1

Morana
B Energised – 0/3
C Energised – 1/2
D Energised - 0/1

Mr.S
B – 0/4
C – 0/3

Scylla
E - Energised 0/0

Cayde
D - 1/2
F - 0/0

Iberis
D - Energised 1/1
E - Energised 0/0

Sophia
B - 1/4
C - 1/3

Mithril Windlass Crossbow

Shion
F - 0/0

Most foes are defeated, some folks are missing rounds, a good indicator to wrap the combat up. Next round will be the last round of this part. My next post will wrap things up, so if you want to get anything out in part 1, this is the last chance to do so. Next part should be up the same day this one ends.

With Sophia and Scylla able to get rid of Zombie #19 and #8, there were only a few Zombies left in the distance. They were all killed before they could make it to the main group, with Sverre starting to pull his weight as well.

Mr.S
lTkTkAG.jpg

“Them were... good men. May them rest in peace.” Sverre spoke, silently staring and the blood and gore around him, knowing that these ones used to make up the division he was leading. He then turned to Scylla. “Ya think them's in better places now, miss purple? I... I'd like them to be in heaven, if there is one.”

Morana
HWvrQTS.jpg

“I'll ask baron Fromm to sent in some folk to clean up the remains and give them a proper cremation.” Morana said, out of an odd sort of compassion or simply out of practicality. She wasn't looking great. Sweat was dripping across her entire body, even through her mask she was breathing heavily and she was bending over a bit, as if her stomach was in pain. 01100010 01101100 01100001 01110011 01110100 01100101 01100100 00100000 01100100 01101111 01110011 01100001 01100111 01100101 00100000 01101001 01110011 01101110 00100111 01110100 00100000 01101000 01101001 01100111 01101000 00100000 01100101 01101110 01101111 01110101 01100111 01101000 00100000 01110100 01101111 00100000 01101011 01100101 01100101 01110000 00100000 01110101 01110000 She mumbled to herself by way of a pattern of barely audible clicks.

Chandra Jarmil

Mentions: Sophia Silent Angel Silent Angel

She wasn't sure how the others had skipped lunch without being hungry by now, but she was starting to feel famished, especially after going this all out. “Hey, Sophia... I think I saw some remnants of a weird weapon in the scrap over there. It's probably nothing, but it might be related to what happened to Sverre's man, so as a master Artisan, could you come check it out with me for a bit?” (Deception D) Convincing as Kalina sounded, anyone that was 'in the know' (so all of them except for Sverre and Morana) and had half a brain to them would know what this was truly about.

The moment she got Sophia far enough from the rest of the group, she'd flash her a smile with her newly grown and strengthened fangs on clear display. “I was planning to wait for dinner, but fighting surely makes one work up an appetite... besides, I doubt we'll find a place this nice, quiet and private anytime soon. Granted, it's not the most appealing looking, but...” She flashed her fangs towards Sophia. “I doubt you'll be caring much for the scenery in a bit either way... I'll be taking you up on your generous offer to feed hungry vampires~”

She felt hungry, both in appetite and just for finally getting from this Fae what she'd been offered a few times already. Besides, she knew she wasn't just going to take. She knew she'd also give Sophia what she wanted, if the other times she'd drank Sophia's blood were anything to go by. The question whether to go for it or to use a vial didn't even arise. She knew they both knew the answer to which method was preferred.

She'd hold Sophia's shoulders and lean in towards her slowly. “Tell me when to stop, alright?” She'd whisper in Sophia's ear. Even in this stage, she was still worried about hurting someone she cared about on accident. Then she let her fangs rest atop Sophia's neck for just a moment. Just to build a bit of anticipation. It'd make the actual event all the more rewarding. When she bit down, she could soon taste the flow of blood into her. As before, it was every bit as intoxicating as expected. The warm blood entering her veins, coming straight from a living body and beating heart, refreshing the rotten monster blood in her own body, if only temporary. It was bliss.

However, it wasn't just that,. The fact that it was given willingly made it so much better. That someone was willing to give their own blood for her to consume so willingly, so readily, it was great, it felt good. Really good. She figured she'd return the favour a bit, recalling how Sophia had oddly liked it when her teeth had still been dull. She wasn't sure why, but she didn't wish to disappointed by suddenly having much sharper fangs. Thus she dragged, just a little, along Sophia's neck. It'd not seriously hurt, Kalina was far too careful for that, but it'd sent just a little extra shock of pain. Just see see of Sophia's reaction would be anything like the first time.

She'd either stop once she felt full, which would take a fair bit, as she hadn't eaten properly in a while even before arriving in Widersia, or until Sophia had to tap out (which Regeneration E made a less likely option). “You're still every bit as great as I remember...” She'd finally say, as she pulled back, licking her lips, then planting a kiss on Sophia's lips. “That one was a bonus... for being as awesome as you are.”

She sighed. “We should be heading back to the others, to tell them our weapon-discovery was a bust.” She started walking. “Come to think of it, I never asked... forgive me for forgetting, but how's the Crafting Guild doing? Are there any new tasks piling up for poor Elizabeth Mason?” She said, jokingly referring to her other Alternate Identity whilst getting back a bit more in her Chandra persona.

Last edited:
zzzShion1.png
Shion relaxed as the remaining zombies were dealt with and she stood to her full height again. She was glad no one seemed to get badly hurt, but she wished she could've done more. Nevertheless, this was to be celebrated. "Good work everyone!" She said with a smile as her tail wagged happily for a short time. She overheard Chandra call Sophia with her and assumed it was about feeding so she paid it little mind. She turned to Iberis and approached her with her smile still worn as she held up a hand within Iberis' reach.

"Good job Iberis, that was an impressive display for everyone...I'm glad none of you came to serious harm." Shion's ears depressed a moment, wishing she felt she could include herself in that, but her ears lifted again when she realized she might've made Iberis worry. She took notice of Morana's condition on the frontlines and shouted over to her.

"You okay over there, Morana?" She asked curiously, Shion didn't think Morana would've exerted herself too much, but she did want to make sure she was okay all the same.

BFFE8CEC-16E1-4441-BC47-57948516D373.png

The witch appeared to dig her heels into the ground, muttering under her breath. “No more foul ups,Scylla.” Then she performed a familiar wave of her wand, bringing forth an elemental wind that spiraled and spiraled around her, firing a few jolts of lightning at the remnant zombie.

Giving a thumbs up to Sophia, “heh, that wasn’t so bad.” She sighed sarcastically before turning around to see Mr. S in a very depressed state. “Hey there.. awe..” she put a gentle hand on the constructs shoulder. “..although I’ve seen the underworld, have a book of dead names and use magic, I.. can’t for certain know if a heaven exists.” She frowned, “I don’t like what I can’t research. However, I like to believe the lives, stories, smiles, sad times, fun times, and many many things live on through our thoughts, our ways of thinking.” She tilted her head a bit, kind of thinking deeper. The witch wondered if such a thing would exist for her? Being half demonic, was there forgiveness for the curse she’d accepted? Like not. “I wonder if anyone would remember me someday.” She said out loud. “In a way, remembering someone after they’re gone is kind of like the biggest gift you can give anyone you know? They live in your thoughts forever.” She turned to look at him as he starred off. “That’s why I know you’ll remember. Maybe not anytime soon, but someday you will. You’ll see.”

“Very well! Good job everyone!”

Before she continued she’d look around. “Uhhh.. where is Sophie and Kali?” She asked as she started her blonde head. “Huh. I coulda sworn they were here just now.” She shrugged. “Oh well! Love can’t wait sometimes I suppose.”

Last edited:

As the battle came to an end, Cayde exhaled in relieved triumph. He peered down at his crossbow, then up at the single zombie he'd shot. A tinge of a frown formed on his face. One bolt. One zombie. Somehow that felt inadequate. All this time spent on changing, and he could only kill one zombie? What kind of improvement was that? He could've done better.

The thought lingered until he turned around to survey the group's faces. An old, familiar voice whispered in his head. Just look on the bright side. He pondered that for a moment. It would've been nice to show off this potential, but everyone else showed theirs, too. And the plan - it worked. It went nothing like the one with the boggarts. That was something to be proud of, wasn't it? "Yeah..." Cayde nodded to himself, a satisfied grin growing on his face. "Yes, it was." Then, he shifted his gaze back to the party. His lips puckered at the sight of Sverre staring off at his men's bodies, and Morana hunched over in pain. Enough thinking, he told himself. Your allies need help. Go and be a good second-in-command.

Cayde walked up to Sverre first, hearing Scylla's comforting words. His eyes widened in slight surprise. She was always so bubbly and happy-go-lucky. Seeing her speak so somberly felt strange. Yet, oddly refreshing. Even Scylla had her moments. A reassuring thought. "That was very touching, Scylla," Cayde told her before turning to Sverre, empathy rich in his voice, "My condolences. They didn't deserve this. You didn't deserve this." He folded his arms behind his back. After a pause, he continued, "The vampire did this to you. The thrall did this to you. And they'll do it to someone else if we don't stop them." His eyes drifted to Sverre's face, "You and your men deserve vengeance. We'll get it to you. Promise." He said, nodding solemnly, "We can wait. Take as much time as you need."

Cayde turned away and approached Morana. He felt his gut twist in shame as his eyes scanned over her. All this thinking and talking, and he'd haven't even started on that recipe. He needed to do something. "Hold on, Morana, I might have something that could help," He slipped his pack off his back and went to work, the sound of glass clinking as he mixed several aromatic powders into one water-filled bottle. The potion fizzed as he dropped a purple, tablet-shaped crystal inside. A strong, minty smell began to waft out of it. "Here," He said, holding out the [Natural Cure - E] to Morana. "Wyrm's tongue, bullshead, peppermint, everwinter, a dash of lavender, and some eidolon salts. It should help with abdominal pain. Might loosen you up, too". He wasn't sure if she could drink it, but hopefully, she could have some temporary relief by inhaling the fumes.

• Natural Cure - Alchemy E, Medicine E, Nature E, Arcana E- By creating a concoction consisting of arcane herbs, water, and several beneficial mushrooms, Cayde can create a potion that quells moderate poisons and moderate illnesses, even if inflicted by magical or supernatural means. - Grade E - 1 Post Cooldown

Iberis Odhir
c1c09798754ff7edcdb17e719dc490d4-1-1-1-1.jpg
Elvario Elvario RavenSong RavenSong The Last Curse The Last Curse Silent Angel Silent Angel Sharena Sharena

Iberis was glad to see that it seemed like everyone was reasonably okay after that mechanized undead rumble. Their construct and part construct ally seemed reasonably fine. While Chandra had been tired toward the end she didn't seem to get harmed even as she went in up close to fight their enemies. Cayde and Sophia also did not sustain any injuries. Truthfully Cayde's idea to fight more defensively had been very beneficial to the group team work overall in Iberis's opinion, so she was glad quite that she had been able to work along side him in this group.

Iberis smiled upon hearing Shion's celebratory good work, as well as Scylla, though Scylla brought up a good point about what exactly was going on with Kalina and Sophia, she supposed that what Scylla said was likely correct, if anyone took Sophia's call out earlier at face value what Scylla said really wasn't a surprise if t was true.
Iberis might have asked how everyone was doing after but others had that question covered pretty well.

"Iberis's face flushed ever so slightly at the attention she was getting from Shion mostly because it was singling her out for her performance.

"Oh uh...yeah thanks Shion, It was really nice that you, stayed with me I..appreciate that." She looked curious at Shion's ears shifting down some which from her experience wasn't usually positive when it came from any kind of beast. Since the hand was nearby, Iberis gently reached out..and held it if Shion would allow it, giving it a bit of a tender feel, as she gave her a reassuring nod and smile.

"I really did feel safer on the field having you right there with me."

As she stood next to Shion she then looked over to Scylla, before mentioning,

"Your guess is just as good as mine." She said to Scylla's comment, "You did really great out there too." She followed up with a smile toward her.

"Whatever the specifics I'm sure that they're fine."

"You too Cayde your thoughts on what you said we should do definitely worked to our advantage."
She said.

"Yeah, I"m sorry Sverre that you had to see your allies in that condition, we're going to do what we can to make things right." She reaffirmed after listening to what Cayde had to say on that side of things to the construct.

Sophia Smith

sample-e25e620a4ac0f2f48f2b6f686977373b.png

Sophia was led away, a small smile playing over her lips. "You know you don't have to hold back with me here~ I'm your loyal meal, after all~" She didn't even spare a glance at the scrap surrounding them as she was gripped by the vampire. She slowly tilted her head, letting the vampire get a good shot at her neck. She bit her lip, letting out a small gasp as her neck was pierced. Her claws tensed, almost like she was gripping them tight.

When the teeth began to drag across her skin, causing more blood to be drawn, Sophia let out a small cry, her body tensing. She gritted her teeth, her toes curling, and her whole body shuddered as the extra pain, obviously done on purpose, drove into her. She bit her lip before whispering out a small, "T-thank you~" Once the vampire had fully dug in, the artisan slowly leaned her head over, pressing her cheek against Kalina's as she felt her blood get gulped down. Her arms slowly wrapped around Kalina's body, using them to hold herself up.

She never tried to stop Kalina until the vampire had her fill, and when she recieved the wonderful kiss, she pressed in a bit, making the kiss as deep as Kalina was comfortable with, before pulling back. "The same could go for you~" She fixed up her collar to cover the bite marks, though they wouldn't be there for too much longer, so she put it out of her mind. "And as for Elizabeth Mason, I've been having to do the work for two! It truly is a travesty. I guess she'll just have to figure out a way to make it up to me~ Think she'll be able to~?"

Scrapyard
Time: 15:30 Weather Cloudy, getting darker​

Morana
HWvrQTS.jpg

“I've had better days...” Morana replied to Shion. The woman using a sense of irony? Was this a type of humour? Clearly, she was on death's door if she was suddenly going that far.

Then again, even in her current state, she did wonder why Scylla addressed to Chandra as 'Kali' just then. Perhaps that was her true identity? She'd claimed using alternate identities before. It'd not be too far-fetched if she was currently using one. Then again, the purple blob of hyper-active witchery might also be the type to give folk random nicknames, as was put forth by Mr.S's new identity. She decided to let it rest for now, she had bigger concerns.

One of those was the alchemist. She took the bottle and stared at it for a moment, hesitating for a second. “Well... I guess my usual fix is already being tampered with, after someone ensured everyone and their mother would get their hands on the recipe... so I guess I might as well start trying some alternatives.” She concluded, using one of the mechanical fingers on her slightly more humanoid hand to unhook something near her neck and then take off her mask. Her mouth and nose were not a pretty sight to see, both being rather scarred and disfigured. Her breathing sounded a lot heavier and pained the moment the tubes from her mask stopped feeding her whatever drug she'd been on. It's probably why she was very quick to take the [Natural Cure E] as quickly as possible before hooking her mask back up and hooking it back into place. Whatever effects it might end up having, they didn't seem to be immediate, as she didn't look all that much better just yet.

Mr.S
lTkTkAG.jpg

“Thank ya, miss purple. However, if me men's wanted to be remembered... why'd I have gotten them out of me own noggin? I can only recall snippets bits... how they lived, a bit, not how they died. Did I kill part of them in my thoughts? That not be good.” She clenched his fist. “Y'err right, Imma remember 'em again! I'm gonna work on it!” He yelled out, with conviction.

He then turned to Cayde. “I wanna face 'em, them thrall and vampire. Get me men some justice!” He shook his head. “I ain't gonna needa wait, Imma be ready now.” His brain was still jumbled, but at least he'd found some conviction.

He nodded at Iberis as well, who backed him up like the others had done. “We gonna do it!” He re-affirmed.

Chandra Jarmil

For a moment, she'd almost been thrown into another identity crisis. She was scared of the fact she'd enjoyed it when giving Sophia some pain to feel. She'd enjoyed it a lot. Was she really a [monster] type of monster after all? Luckily enough, she quickly realised what about it she liked. The 'thank you' part was what made it fun, that's what made it feel exciting. The fact that the other side enjoyed it was what made her enjoy it as well. She'd hate doing this type of thing to someone unwilling more than anything, even though [monsters] would only enjoy it more if their victims didn't. Yes, Sophia might've awoken something bad or weird in her, but it wasn't something that was [monster] about her. At least not in a sense she had to be terrified off. With that relief washing over her, she didn't resist the kiss at all, to the point Sophia would likely end up tasting some remnants of her own blood from it.

Upon returning to the others, she'd likely have to be careful not to seem too happy and reinvigorated. “I'm not sure, she's a rather clumsy one, but she might be creative enough to come up with some ideas~” She replied with a wink, already wondering out certain things.

As the two would return the group, the group itself would eventually head back to the station. Their mission here completed. The zombies didn't have much information on the enemy on them, sadly enough. Except for one thing. The metal parts were covered with scratch marks. As if something sharp and dangerous had cut up the original suits. A series of swords, possible claws? It wasn't entirely clear, but it looked very sharp and very dangerous. The resurrected bodies might've been the same at some point, but were too deformed in the resurrection process to reveal much more.

The End.

Thank you all for joining this part! I'm working on getting part 2 up as we speak, so be on the look-out for it! Although it'll have its own introduction scene, it will be possible for some topics that were left in the open in this part to be brought back up again in that one, although I'd prefer people do not time-bend all the way back here, so it'll be bringing these topics back up rather than a continuous conversation.

These are only suggestions, please wait until a grader confirms them before adding them.

Narrator bonus worth = 42 points (From having multiple A-grade characters.)

Kalina Chivernu
Quick note to the grader; considering the RP ended being more than one part, with a second part soon following, the Dhampir evolved racial title she'd be striving for doesn't suit this part, as that'd occur in a later part. Something more generic, or perhaps also a Widersia Adventurer's Guild F title might work better for this part.

Cayde Whitinger
Title: [Self-cultivating] – Character is constantly trying to reflect on their past actions for the sake of bettering themselves. They are likelier to find flaws within themselves, but also likelier to learn to mitigate them and to avoid repeating mistakes.
OOC Note: [Widersia Adventurer F] might also work, but might work better after the entire quest wraps up, unless it would be more logical to upgrade it to [Widersia Adventure E] in a second part and staring at F here.

Skill: [Leadership F] – 7 points from narrator bonus. For his continued ability to keep people working as team.

Iberis Odhir
Title: [Reflective] – Character has a tendency to reflect on both past and recent events. They are less likely to act quickly, but more likely to act with care and with clear goals in mind.
Title: [Cuddly] – Character appears to be extremely cuddly. Makes her seem less dangerous and makes it more difficult for people to resist a desire to hug or cuddle her.

Skill: [Empathy F] - 7 points from narrator bonus. For being able to understand what Shion was going through and for successfully connecting with others.

Scylla
Title: [Miss Purple] – Character's purple colours are eye-catching enough to make them stand out as someone to pay attention to, for better or for worse.
Title: [Morale Leader] – Character is able to help others keep up their morale and stay motivated.

Skill: [Energized D => C] – 7 points from narrator bonus. For being extremely hyper and active both in combat and outside of combat.

Shion
Title: [Heavenly Fluff] – Character has fur that's soft enough to the touch to sooth and calm people that are allowed to be in contact with it.

Skill: [Empathy F => E] - 7 points from narrator bonus. For being very empathic to most others and even using telepathy to connect with them.
Skill: [Insight F] - 7 points from narrator bonus. Having gained some insight into the thought process of others after using telepathy to peer into their thoughts/minds.

Sophia Smith
Title: [Devoted] – Character has devoted themselves fully to a person or to a goal. They are less likely to lose motivation or willpower when acting in the interest of who or what they're devoted to.
OOC Note: [Widersia Adventurer F] might also work, but might work better after the entire quest wraps up, unless it would be more logical to upgrade it to [Widersia Adventure E] in a second part and staring at F here.

Skill: [Regeneration E => D] – 7 points from narrator bonus. Nothing trains your regenerative ability better than a throughout bloodletting. Feeding vampires has its perks.

Last edited:
Isekai Hell Grade

Elvario Elvario RavenSong RavenSong Sharena Sharena Silent Angel Silent Angel The Last Curse The Last Curse TheTimePiece TheTimePiece

Good to finally have a widersia rp. This rp was weird. Went in expecting vampire hunt. Felt like 80% was drama pertaining to pasts and intercharacter relationships as well as identity crisis. Perhaps that's the vampire way XD. Think i would have preferred the bits to include the translated versions somewhere. I suppose if it wasn't meant to be translated by the characters, perhaps it shouldn't have been listed at all and just dm'd to those in the know? Just seemed like a way to save some effort for either players or narrator. Thanks for splitting this. The pacing for this seems to be a bit on the slow side for some reason. Probably didn't help having petting sessions and private intimacy moments but then the focus of the rp was probably not really about the vampire stuff. Guess we'll see what part 2 has for it. Lots of undead trauma with this group. ^^;

Aftermath:
Seems like part 2 picks up pretty much where part 1 left off so we can save this and titles for next one.

Rewards:

Kalina - 64 points (narration bonus)

Scylla - 43 points
optional narrator skill upgrade acquired [Energized C] - if claimed, add 7points to earned and spent.

Shion - 43 points
optional narrator skill upgrade acquired [Empathy E] - if claimed, add 7points to earned and spent.
optional narrator skill acquired [Insight F] - if claimed, add 7points to earned and spent.

Sophia - 43 points
(doesn't have character grade to support recommended narration bonus)

Cayde - 43 points
optional narrator skill acquired [Leadership F] - if claimed, add 7points to earned and spent.

Iberis - 43 points
optional narrator skill acquired [Empathy F] - if claimed, add 7points to earned and spent.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back