• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Novama

One Thousand Club
Intro

In this chapter of Isekai Hell, the story will follow Gamatsu and John Brown (and anyone else who joins) as they work to take anything of value or other significance from a ruin that Gamatsu found. Completing the roleplay will reward Gamatsu with the necessary items needed to craft his assets: temperature-regulating cloak and glow rod. Everyone else will just be in it for the points unless they specify otherwise.

The story currently is Gamatsu is currently insearch of some key components to finish some items he has been working on. In need of something a bit more arcane in nature, he has started looking for and going through ruins as he finds them. The latest ruin he found seems promising. A shut door with no other way in as far as he could tell. A good sign no one else has looted it yet. However, he does not know how to get inside. During his pondering, John Brown appeared on scene. While John just wants to get back to civilization and leave the trees and ruins behind, Gamatsu saw enough opportunity to strike up a deal. John would help Gamatsu get some goodies from the ruin. Gamatsu would then lead John back to civilization.

They are now both standing before an ominous looking door set in the base of a stony cliff face. It was chilly there and the leaves around them were shades of red and brown as if autumn had come early. The door before them was elaborately carved and despite apparent weathering, the designs were very apparent still. In addition to the star and heavens related symbolry on the door, it didn't have much going on other than two hand prints, one on either door near the center of the doorway. Other than the cold, there were also the sounds of wild animals in the wood that may have given the two apprehension about standing outside the door longer than they had to.

DungeonDoor-1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
MOOD: Lost and confused

OUTFIT: Grey business suit and briefcase

basics
MENTIONS:
_Yang _Yang

INT:
Gamatsu
tags
TL;DR John wakes up in a flower field in a daze and comes across Gamatsu and some ruins as he searches for civilization and answers.
tl;dr
John Brown
Human
A cool breeze carrying a soft smell of lavender wafted through a sunlit field blossoming with a variety of flowers, the various plants seeming to wave as they were gently pushed by the pleasant air. Colorful birds of all shapes and sizes sang their songs and chased one another through the sky. Among those feathered friends was a particularly petite one resembling a hummingbird. As it flew a few feet above the flower field, it came across an unconscious man wearing a grey suit and dove just above the pedals of the flowers to get a closer look. This was quite the curious bird, and it wished to know what kind of person it just stumbled upon. Starting from the feet, it seemed to scan the oddly placed man from bottom to top. The bird observed his briefcase and pecked at it a few times before getting distracted by the man's tie. Perhaps the bird thought the tie might make good material for a nest, because it grabbed ahold of it and tugged with all of its might on the thinner length of it. Despite this bird's small stature, its wings were powerful and quick, making it quite the strong creature. It pulled and pulled, tightening the necktie around the man's throat. A couple seconds passed without respiration from the sleeping businessman. Then, suddenly, the man's eyes shot wide open, revealing a pair of red, watery lookers.

The man's name was John Brown, and he was currently being strangled by an adorable bird in a gorgeous flower field on a perfect day. John instinctively fumbled for his briefcase and swatted at the bird, sending it toward the ground beside him where it bounced and flew away. Then, he quickly loosened his tie and gasped for air, his arms and legs sprawled out across the ground. He panted for a few moments, and then became aware of his surroundings, springing straight into a sitting position and staring across the tens, if not hundreds, of thousands of flowers.

"What the..." John began as he swiveled his head around in confusion. "Where am I?"

John stood up, his breathing finally returned to normal, and brushed his suit off of flower pedals. He then adjusted his suit and tie to look presentable again, but his hind side was already stained with grass. From inside his suit jacket, he pulled out a pack of Lucky Strike cigarettes and a pack of matches and sparked up a smoke. John then bent to pick his brown leather briefcase up from the ground in preparation for a hike back to civilization, wherever that may be. He decided that he would walk in the direction of his cigarette smoke and follow it in hopes he would luck out on finding shelter or people. They were Lucky Strikes after all.

It wasn't long before John found himself surrounded by trees and wildlife. Some odd-looking wildlife at that. But what did John know? He pretty much lived his entire life in an urban environment with more concrete than trees and more rats than squirrels. Although, it was concerning when he would come across the occasional 10-pound animal droppings. This place was odd and foreign to John. He started to panic as his walk grew longer and longer. Before long, the poor lost man began theorizing how he got here.

"Okay. Okay. So I wake up in some random field to a bird trying to murder me. But how did I get here?" John began rationalizing. "Let's see... I left work last night. Walked home as I normally do." He pondered on his situation. his head looking at his feet as he thought. "Did I stop at the bar on the way back? If I did, I must've gotten really hammered... Wait, no. If I really got that hammered last night, I would definitely be down bad for some coffee, headache medicine, and a cold shower. Could I have been drugged at the bar? I doubt it. I'm not some cute 21-year-old girl, and I certainly don't have much to offer if someone HAD drugged me. So I guess it wasn't the bar. Hmm..."

John's thought process was swiftly interrupted when he smacked his head on something metal. He closed his eyes and rubbed his forehead.

"Ow, son of a-" He opened his eyes to see a tall metal figure towering over him. "Holy shit, is that a suit of armor!?" he exclaimed out loud, looking up at the suit. "Why would someone just leave something like this out here?" He knocked on the armor, making a deep, hollow noise.
code by valen t.

Last edited:
With Mitsunari leaving with his squad of muscle monsters, and Tu doing Tu things, Gamatsu was left to with just his thoughts. After streaks of shooting at stuff, he appreciated the down time he got and turned to his other talents. He was more than a empty suit of armor who can shoot really really well. He was also a crafter. No, an artisan; that sounded fancier.

With some imaginary pen and paper, Gamatsu doodled, allowing his creativity to run wild. He was a simple monster. He liked making things more convenient if he could. This belief was shown in his first invention. Gamatsu didn't want to bring a quiver around. Later, he decided that having to pull and knock arrows was inefficient. So, to solve these concerns, he made his arm-mounded crossbow. It was an easy fix. This time, he had to recall other issues he encountered during his travel. Thinking hard, he remembered slowing down when he stayed out in the wild for too long. It was also bothersome how hot it got when fire spells were flung around all willy billy. Turning at his tattered-ish cloak, he decided that it was in need of a much needed upgrade. He wanted to brainstorm some more, but the poorly lit room he was in made it difficult. He could have reached for a torch, but he felt a bit extra. He needed something that could just glow with magic.

Having the basic ideas if what he wanted, the difficult part now was figuring out how he'd pull it off. Needing much more time to think, Gamatsu got up and started pacing aimlessly. Though he had to particular place to go, he wandered out of the outposts and into the nearby forest. As if lead by some disembodied avatar of fate, Gamatsu found himself two massive doors just a few meters away.

"Hmm. Magic door?" Gamatsu wondered, idly standing from afar. He wanted a dragon before, he found draconic ruins. Now he needed magical guidance, so this must have been a magical door. Before he could get closer and give it a good heave, loud thunks from behind caught his attention. It didn't hurt, but he didn't appreciate being knocked on. Turning quicky in response, Gamatsu reached for the offender, a shorter young man dressed in unfamiliar clothing, and knocked on his head.

"How's it feel, buddy? Not so great, huh?"

MOOD: Lost and confused

OUTFIT: Grey business suit and briefcase

basics
MENTIONS:
_Yang _Yang

INT:
Gamatsu
tags
TL;DR John gives Gamatsu a piece of his mind after false assumptions of being drugged and kidnapped.
tl;dr
John Brown
Human
John Brown, startled by the suit of armor unexpectedly talking and returning the knock, jumped back and fell on his rear with a look of fright. His briefcase his the grass just beside him and the cigarette that he was smoking landed in his lap.

"Jesus Christ!" he exclaimed as his butt hit the ground. His hand clutched his chest, mimicking someone experiencing a heart attack. "I'm terribly sorry! I had no clue someone was actually IN there." John regained his composure. At least, until he realized his cigarette was burning a hole through the crotch of his britches. "Shit! Shit! Shit!" he exclaimed rapidly as he rushed to flick the dart off of himself. He let out a long sigh.

"These pants are absolutely trashed..." A disappointed look covered John's face. The pants, what with their burn hole and grass stains, were indeed ruined. He stood back up and, once again, brushed himself off, lit a new cigarette, and picked up his briefcase. He then faced what was presumably a man in a knight costume. "So, what, are you some sort of cosplay enthusiast or something?" John inspected the man from head to toe, ogling at the craftsmanship of the suit. "I mean, no shame if you are. It's actually a pretty impressive costume." He crossed his arms and held a hand to his chin.

"I mean seriously, did you, like, steal this from like a museum or a movie set or something? This is absolut-" John paused suddenly. A look of anger shot across his eyes. "Wait a minute, you're the person that drugged me and dragged me out into some random field to get strangled by hummingbirds, aren't you!? Yeah, you seem like the type! Some weirdo dressed up in some stolen knight armor. Why, I oughta pull that stupid helmet off of you and beat you senseless!" He shook his fist in the air violently as he berated the man he just met while simultaneously jumping to conclusions about his situation, stepping closer and closer to the knight with the assumption that beneath that armor was some strange little geeky teen who never peaked and played D&D in some dark, damp basement while eating his SpaghettiOs for dinner.
code by valen t.

Wilderness Ruin

In addition to the portal Gamatsu took to get to the island they were on, he also had to trek several miles through the forest to find the door. The animals were plentiful and the island had a few settlements as far as Gamatsu saw on his trek. The fall weather was nice enough despite being fairly cold. The sun shining through the canopy of trees was the only thing saving John from a more miserable experience.

DungeonDoor-1.jpg

Isekai Hell RP Grade

You guys didn't get far. Better luck next time. What happened here will remain a mystery unless explored again at a later time.

Nova - 1 point (narration)

John - 1 point

Gamatsu - 1 point

Kyon Kyon _Yang _Yang

Users who are viewing this thread

Back